PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul = Nothing without Pick and Roll

Christofire
04-25-2011, 03:35 AM
i'm sick of hearing about Chris Paul. There's nothing impressive about a chronic flopper, that's go to move is coming off of a screen. Majority of his points are open jumpers off screen, or open layups off of a screen. You can count on 1 hand how often he isolates. One of the few times he isolated against fisher he couldnt even get past him.

chris paul in isolation = turnover/missed shot

DMAVS41
04-25-2011, 03:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJi_soS4e1E
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

FKAri
04-25-2011, 03:39 AM
i'm sick of hearing about Chris Paul. There's nothing impressive about a chronic flopper, that's go to move is coming off of a screen. Majority of his points are open jumpers off screen, or open layups off of a screen. You can count on 1 hand how often he isolates. One of the few times he isolated against fisher he couldnt even get past him.

:roll:

OP is a *******.

joe
04-25-2011, 03:39 AM
Chris Paul has skills that allow him to excel in P&R. Mid range shot, great passing, decision making, ball handling. It doesn't happen by accident, son.

prodnus
04-25-2011, 03:40 AM
Stop hating :facepalm

Christofire
04-25-2011, 03:41 AM
There's nothing wrong with a point guard dominating pick and roll situations. If it were so easy to do, why wouldn't every point guard do it? Chris Paul has skills that allow him to excel in P&R. Mid range shot, great passing, decision making, ball handling. It doesn't happen by accident, son.

I just dont find it impressive that you score the majority of your points getting open looks from screens.

DMAVS41
04-25-2011, 03:43 AM
I just dont find it impressive that you score the majority of your points getting open looks from screens.

Other than post ups, pretty much the entire NBA game is based off pick and rolls.

Do you watch basketball at all? Serious question.

Christofire
04-25-2011, 03:43 AM
Chris Paul has skills that allow him to excel in P&R. Mid range shot, great passing, decision making, ball handling. It doesn't happen by accident, son.
Excell?.....he's done nothing in this league?.....he's been on the wrong end of history in his playoff career

jcyrus10
04-25-2011, 03:44 AM
CP3 can score for himself and even make buzzer beaters. Don't hate him for all the attention that he is getting now.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-25-2011, 03:44 AM
Other than post ups, pretty much the entire NBA game is based off pick and rolls.

Lets see... He thinks Kobe is better than Jordan; what do you think?

Christofire
04-25-2011, 03:45 AM

There are very few teams that rely as heavily on the pick and roll as much as new orleans...It's their entire offense.

Scoooter
04-25-2011, 03:45 AM
You must be super conflicted about rooting for the Celtics whenever Ray Allen's on the court.

Kblaze8855
04-25-2011, 03:46 AM
Chris Paul has probably been as good as all but 2-3 pointguards in basketball history the last 5 years. And to tell the truth getting to 3 is a bit of a stretch.

Hes probably as good a pointguard as anyone under 6'5'' has ever been.

che guevara
04-25-2011, 03:47 AM
...I guess I'll do it.

http://i35.tinypic.com/*******.gif

NBASTATMAN
04-25-2011, 03:47 AM

Time to get another account Kobestan.. This one just wreaks of :facepalm

Christofire
04-25-2011, 03:48 AM
CP3 can score for himself and even make buzzer beaters. Don't hate him for all the attention that he is getting now.

We you guys can be taken back his play. I for one am not. i dont find it impressive watching a guy take screen 2-3 times in the same possession.

tpols
There's nothing wrong with being a master of the pick and roll.. that is the primary play a halfcourt PG can run. The only other style a PG can have is to be dominant on the fast break and in the open court. For a small guy, that's going to be very hard to do. Chris Paul is good at manipulating space and slithering in between the trees.. that is what his frame and skillset allow him to do. He is not Jason Kidd or Magic Johnson.. those guys were huge and thus able to attack in the open court a lot harder.

I just wish the lakers would stop letting him get into a shooting rythym by switching and putting bynum or gasol on him.. it has cost them two games down the stretch.:facepalm

Kblaze8855
I knew id discussed this before:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117073&page=15

This place is amazing sometimes. Pointguard hated on for mastery of the basics....

DMAVS41
04-25-2011, 03:49 AM
There are very few teams that rely as heavily on the pick and roll as much as new orleans...It's their entire offense.

Because they don't have anyone to throw the ball to in the post and because paul is a ****ing magician with the ball and has virtually no weaknesses as a pg.

Christofire
04-25-2011, 03:49 AM
There's nothing wrong with being a master of the pick and roll.. that is the primary play a halfcourt PG can run. The only other style a PG can have is to be dominant on the fast break and in the open court. For a small guy, that's going to be very hard to do. Chris Paul is good at manipulating space and slithering in between the trees.. that is what his frame and skillset allow him to do. He is not Jason Kidd or Magic Johnson.. those guys were huge and thus able to attack in the open court a lot harder.

I just wish the lakers would stop letting him get into a shooting rythym by switching and putting bynum or gasol on him.. it has cost them two games down the stretch.:facepalm

He's good at manipulating the referees, with all his flopping.

Christofire
04-25-2011, 03:50 AM
Because they don't have anyone to throw the ball to in the post and because paul is a ****ing magician with the ball and has virtually no weaknesses as a pg.

i guess that's why he's accomplished nothing...some magician he turned out to be. Nothing magic about hitting a guy comin wide open off of a screen.

DMAVS41
04-25-2011, 03:51 AM
i guess that's why he's accomplished nothing...some magician he turned out to be. Nothing magic about hitting a guy comin wide open off of a screen.

really? the rings argument....isn't that usually the argument on page 5 of threads for kobe stans?

shouldn't you get more soundly destroyed in a basketball debate before you start talking about rings?

ballerz
04-25-2011, 03:53 AM
nothing wrong with using the pick and roll. Its extremely effective

PistonsFan#21
04-25-2011, 03:54 AM
Most of the players handling the ball alot will use pick and roll...Dwade, Kobe, Westbrook, etc.

Lebron is the only player that used to burn his man 1v1 with no picks almost everytime.

Christofire
04-25-2011, 03:56 AM
really? the rings argument....isn't that usually the argument on page 5 of threads for kobe stans?

shouldn't you get more soundly destroyed in a basketball debate before you start talking about rings?

did i say anything about rings?....he's done nothing, no deep playoff runs.....Nothing.

Deron Williams has done more than Paul, and is easily a better PG that makes just as many plays if not more in both pick and roll situations and in far more isolation situations. Only an idiot would have the choice between paul and Williams and take Paul over deron williams,

NBASTATMAN
04-25-2011, 03:57 AM
Most of the players handling the ball alot will use pick and roll...Dwade, Kobe, Westbrook, etc.

Lebron is the only player that used to burn his man 1v1 with no picks almost everytime.

:pimp:

DMAVS41
04-25-2011, 03:58 AM
did i say anything about rings?....he's done nothing, no deep playoff runs.....Nothing.

Deron Williams has done more than Paul, and is easily a better PG that makes just as many plays if not more in both pick and roll situations and in far more isolation situations. Only an idiot would have the choice between paul and Williams and take Paul over deron williams,
:lol :hammerhead: :facepalm :rolleyes:

Christofire
04-25-2011, 03:58 AM

thos eplayers you've mention isolate far more than they come off of screens. My argument is not against the screen and roll, It's ahainst PGs that entire offensive game revolve around it...like Nash and Paul, They are almost useless unless you're running a pick and roll offense.

you can plug guys like williams, Westbrook etc. into any kind of offense and seee production from them.

alenleomessi
04-25-2011, 04:00 AM
Chris Paul has probably been as good as all but 2-3 pointguards in basketball history the last 5 years. And to tell the truth getting to 3 is a bit of a stretch.

...I guess I'll do it.

http://i35.tinypic.com/*******.gif

This

Frank Nit
04-25-2011, 04:06 AM
I don't understand. What do you want to do, rescind his triple double? Why should anyone join your bandwagon of hating on the best player in the playoffs so far? He has dominated the Lakers. You can't dispute that, so instead you turn to hating on his style of play? A PG with hardly anyone resembling an offensive weapon on his team is destroying the two-time defending champions, and you are mad because he utilizes the most effective play in basketball history?

Where are the mods? Delete this account, plz.

Harion
04-25-2011, 04:10 AM
an idiot is oblivious to the fact he is an idiot. not even everyone criticizing him clues him in to this fact.

Out_In_Utah
04-25-2011, 04:12 AM

Kobe = Nothing without Phil Jackson.

Christofire
04-25-2011, 04:13 AM
I don't understand. What do you want to do, rescind his triple double? Why should anyone join your bandwagon of hating on the best player in the playoffs so far? He has dominated the Lakers. You can't dispute that, so instead you turn to hating on his style of play? A PG with hardly anyone resembling an offensive weapon on his team is destroying the two-time defending champions, and you are mad because he utilizes the most effective play in basketball history?

Where are the mods? Delete this account, plz.
His screens and flopping has dominated the lakers get it correct. He NEEDS the most effective play in basketball history, because he is useless without it. I am not impressed by a PG that entire game relies on SCREENS. He rarely creates his own shot, that to me is not impressive. The screens are more improtant to the play than him. You can plug carren collison back in on the Hornets and see the same numbers. Look at collison's numbers when he left. Paul is a product of the system.

Christofire
04-25-2011, 04:15 AM
Kobe = Nothing without Phil Jackson.

you can say the same for michael jordan

che guevara
04-25-2011, 04:15 AM
His screens and flopping has dominated the lakers get it correct. He NEEDS the most effective play in basketball history, because he is useless without it. I am not impressed by a PG that entire game relies on SCREENS. He rarely creates his own shot, that to me is not impressive. The screens are more improtant to the play than him. You can plug carren collison back in on the Hornets and see the same numbers. Look at collison's numbers when he left. Paul is a product of the system.
Why the **** does it matter if he needs a pick? There is never going to be a situation where you aren't allowed to use a screen. You might as well say you aren't impressed by Dirk because he needs his jumpshot to score.

Bird
04-25-2011, 04:19 AM

Are you more impressed by a SG whose entire game relies on running his man through screen after screen to get open and take a jumper?

Or is it okay for a SG to do it like, I don't know, Ray Allen?

Or are you going to completely ignore a SECOND poster bringing up the fact that Ray Allen's ONLY go to move is the "run my man through two or three screens and then take my jumper" move?

Just wondering.

DMAVS41
04-25-2011, 04:19 AM
Why the **** does it matter if he needs a pick? There is never going to be a situation where you aren't allowed to use a screen. You might as well say you aren't impressed by Dirk because he needs his jumpshot to score.

So true.

Christofire
04-25-2011, 04:21 AM

don't be an ass, he relies on his OWN ability to score, not the assistance of a screen 90% of the time....Would you consider michael jordan to be the greatest player ever if alll is his point came off wide open jumpers created by a screen?....

Do you consider ray allen to be the best scorer in the game even though he can't isolate to save his life and runs off of screens the entire game?

Nobler
04-25-2011, 04:24 AM
Youre not doing yourself any favors man id just stop

Kblaze8855
04-25-2011, 04:27 AM
You can plug carren collison back in on the Hornets and see the same numbers. Look at collison's numbers when he left. Paul is a product of the system.

You notice the difference in winning with and without Paul even when Collision was doing similar numbers in his absence?

What do you think caused that exactly?

DuMa
04-25-2011, 04:28 AM
heres some news.

1. basketball isnt ONLY 1v1.
2. you're an idiot.
3. the sky is blue

RoseCity07
04-25-2011, 04:32 AM
This isn't a one on one game, it's a team sport. The best point guards abuse defenders with picks. CP3 makes Aaron Gray look decent, an amazing feat in itself.

Nobler
04-25-2011, 04:33 AM
Hell hed be whining if Paul was running ISO all game too :hammerhead:

Christofire
04-25-2011, 04:35 AM
Are you more impressed by a SG whose entire game relies on running his man through screen after screen to get open and take a jumper?

Or is it okay for a SG to do it like, I don't know, Ray Allen?

Or are you going to completely ignore a SECOND poster bringing up the fact that Ray Allen's ONLY go to move is the "run my man through two or three screens and then take my jumper" move?

Just wondering.

Do you ever placing ray allen into any elite scorer categories...Ray Allen is a shooter, who's entire game revolves around coming off of screens which is why he's not ever an after in reguards to great scorers.

Bird
04-25-2011, 04:40 AM
Do you ever placing ray allen into any elite scorer categories...Ray Allen is a shooter, who's entire game revolves around coming off of screens which is why he's not ever an after in reguards to great scorers.

I truly hope English is your second language, after a reply such as this.

I did notice, that even through your shit gargled response, you failed to answer ANY of the questions I posed to you.

I never asked if he was an elite scorer. I never asked if he was regarded as a great scorer.

I asked if you were as unimpressed with Ray Allen's game, since it is a game of screens, as you are with Chris Paul's.

Based on the many posts of yours in this thread, you make it very apparent you have very rarely, if EVER played any form of organized basketball. Not talking rec ball, on your local court, but, well, junior high/high school, rec leagues, college, etc. The basis of most great point guards is built around the pick and roll.

The second greatest PG of all time (no debating Magic is the first), one John Stockton, ABUSED the pick and roll with Karl Malone on his way to a myriad number of assists and easy jumpers.

While you are knocking Chris Paul off of the Greatest Point Guard pedestals, would you also like to take a swipe at John Stockton?

SkyR#1fanCapCou
04-25-2011, 04:46 AM
heres some news.

1. basketball isnt ONLY 1v1.
2. you're an idiot.
3. the sky is blue
4. water is wet
5. OP is mad

comerb
04-25-2011, 04:48 AM

Considering 90% of the NBA is High P&R I don't see the point.

blacknapalm
04-25-2011, 04:50 AM
clearly didn't watch the game. cp3 had at LEAST 15 points from non pick n roll situations.

plus, cp3 thrives at it so who cares? it helps the team win and it's successful. in those situations, he can usually either score or get an assist. not sure about you, but i think scoring helps the team?

Hulk Hogan
04-25-2011, 04:51 AM
I truly hope English is your second language, after a reply such as this.

I did notice, that even through your shit gargled response, you failed to answer ANY of the questions I posed to you.

I never asked if he was an elite scorer. I never asked if he was regarded as a great scorer.

I asked if you were as unimpressed with Ray Allen's game, since it is a game of screens, as you are with Chris Paul's.

Based on the many posts of yours in this thread, you make it very apparent you have very rarely, if EVER played any form of organized basketball. Not talking rec ball, on your local court, but, well, junior high/high school, rec leagues, college, etc. The basis of most great point guards is built around the pick and roll.

The second greatest PG of all time (no debating Magic is the first), one John Stockton, ABUSED the pick and roll with Karl Malone on his way to a myriad number of assists and easy jumpers.

While you are knocking Chris Paul off of the Greatest Point Guard pedestals, would you also like to take a swipe at John Stockton?

He answered you perfectly. He stated, ray allen is not considered a great scorer because his game revolves solely on coming off screens, therefore CP3 should not be considered a great PG/best PG if his game revolves solely on coming off screens.

A very good point by the way.

DMAVS41
04-25-2011, 04:53 AM
He answered you perfectly. He stated, ray allen is not considered a great scorer because his game revolves solely on coming off screens, therefore CP3 should not be considered a great PG/best PG if his game revolves solely on coming off screens.

Why are we not surprised.

Basically this is what Hulk is saying everyone:

"If you aren't 6-6 and and don't play for the Lakers and if your name doesn't rhyme with Fobe.....you suck"

Did I get that right Hulk?

Showtime
04-25-2011, 04:57 AM
If a player masters shooting, he's a great shooter.
If a player masters ball handling, he's a great dribbler.
If a player masters any other part of the game, like footwork, passing, defense, etc etc, they are good players.
But if a player also masters a staple of the game: the pick and roll, he's suddenly criticized for it?

That doesn't make any sense.

Not only that, but his point is just false. Paul has shown time and again the ability to create off of his dribble drive. The reason they rely so much upon the pick and roll has more to do with the lack of playmaking from his teammates and using it to open up multiple options than any deficiency on Paul's part. OP either doesn't understand the game, or doesn't watch Paul.

The hornets with Paul haven't ever had a Duncan type big to constantly post up and create off the in-and-out game. They have had few playmakers, and the ones they did have were traded away in bad moves. So the team is forced to use the P&R to open up options for players who couldn't create otherwise. It's a fundamental part of the team attack.

Hulk Hogan
04-25-2011, 04:59 AM
Why are we not surprised.

Basically this is what Hulk is saying everyone:

"If you aren't 6-6 and and don't play for the Lakers and if your name doesn't rhyme with Fobe.....you suck"

Did I get that right Hulk?

I never said CP3 sucked. Infact I believe he's a top 3 PG.
I'm just elaborating on the points christofire is trying to make.
That Chris paul is a product of the system. A point that has some merit and truth to it.

nbastatus
04-25-2011, 04:59 AM
OP is a retard.

DMAVS41
04-25-2011, 05:01 AM
If a player masters shooting, he's a great shooter.
If a player masters ball handling, he's a great dribbler.
If a player masters any other part of the game, like footwork, passing, defense, etc etc, they are good players.
But if a player also masters a staple of the game: the pick and roll, he's suddenly criticized for it?

That doesn't make any sense.

Not only that, but his point is just false. Paul has shown time and again the ability to create off of his dribble drive. The reason they rely so much upon the pick and roll has more to do with the lack of playmaking from his teammates and using it to open up multiple options than any deficiency on Paul's part. OP either doesn't understand the game, or doesn't watch Paul.

John Stockton is a top 30 player of all time. He relied more heavily on the pick and roll than Paul does. Its not a negative. Its the most unstoppable play in basketball history when run to perfection. Its a huge positive and not a negative.

I just can't believe this shit.

DMAVS41
04-25-2011, 05:01 AM
I never said CP3 sucked. Infact I believe he's a top 3 PG.
I'm just elaborating on the points christofire is trying to make.
That Chris paul is a product of the system. A point that has some merit and truth to it.

How do you feel about stockton?

Where would you rank him all time?

blacknapalm
04-25-2011, 05:04 AM
John Stockton is a top 30 player of all time. He relied more heavily on the pick and roll than Paul does. Its not a negative. Its the most unstoppable play in basketball history when run to perfection. Its a huge positive and not a negative.

I just can't believe this shit.

word. plus, how many different moves did kareem have in the post? where is he ranked? i'd say the sky hook was pretty damn effective. i don't see how having an effective and dangerous skillset is a bad thing.

did anyone pull kareem aside and say, 'hey man, quit using your length. quit using that sky hook to score'? wtf?

ace_gold_26
04-25-2011, 05:04 AM
We should have a poll to get hulk hogan ban. Y or N

DMAVS41
04-25-2011, 05:07 AM
We should have a poll to get hulk hogan ban. Y or N

Y....just asked for it in another thread. He just blatantly makes crap up now.

Bird
04-25-2011, 05:14 AM

If his game relied solely on the pick and roll....I would still disagree.

The PG's primary job is to facilitate the offense, which is what Paul does and he does it best via pick and roll....which many great PG's have done.

The problem with his statements, is that Paul's game does NOT solely rely on the pick and roll. I saw him take Kobe off the dribble many times, exploding by him for easy, uncontested lay ups.

The reason I bring up Ray Allen is because a SG SHOULD be able to get his own shots, instead of only relying on the pick and roll.

A PG who masters the P&R PLUS is efficient in other aspects of the game (defense, shooting off the dribble, rebounding, etc.) ARE great players.

And, to address one of your main points and apparently the OP's, if relying heavily on the P&R does not make you a great PG, where would you two rank the SECOND greatest PG of all time, Mr. John Stockton? Please, humor us.

TerranOP
04-25-2011, 05:20 AM
I'm gonna write down the main point of this thread and then explain why it's completely wrong.

You are saying that Chris Paul is not an elite NBA player because he has trouble scoring or making plays in isolation situations.

1) Paul has shown numerous times, including tonight, that he's more than capable of crossing over his defender and either finishing with a floater or passing off to a teammate for an jumper/easy layup. He has also shown that he's pretty consistent, albeit not at an elite level, with his jump shot. He does use the pick and roll in almost all of his plays, but it's not like he is terrible without it. Not even close.

2) Your point would only be valid if the NBA was a series of one on one games. Unfortunately for you, professional basketball is a team game. There will always be five players on each side, so there is nothing wrong with using one of them as a screen. Yes, Dwyane Wade and Kobe Bryant are superior players in isolation, making them better ONE ON ONE players. But, isolation plays do not make them better NBA players or basketball players. And, after all, we are evaluating these players in an NBA, 5 on 5 setting.

3) As another poster stated above, saying that Paul is useless without a pick is akin to saying that Dirk is nothing with his jumper or that Dwight Howard is useless on offense without the ability to dunk. There will NEVER be a situation where a screen cannot be set for Chris Paul, and because of this is it flawed and illogical to assess his skills without the possibility of a screen. The rim will always be there to dunk on, there will always be a three point line behind which shooters can get their points, and there can always be a player there to set a screen for his teammate.

Showtime
04-25-2011, 05:31 AM
lol @ "product of the system" that relies upon him in order for the system to work. No. That's like saying that a QB who runs the option offense is a product of the veer. The only way it does work is because of how good Paul is in that game. Sure, he can hit the pick and pop guy, or read the defense, attack, and get a shot. Or, read the defense, attack, draw in the defenders, and hit the open shooter, or create off the dribble attack and hit a dump pass or lob inside. He has options because of how good he is, not the other way around. That's why you don't see PG's with his kind of production and efficiency. If it were that easy, everybody could do it, but they don't because they can't.

Harion
04-25-2011, 05:39 AM
Kobe Bryant = nothing without a frontcourt

blacknapalm
04-25-2011, 05:44 AM
lol @ "product of the system" that relies upon him in order for the system to work. No. That's like saying that a QB who runs the option offense is a product of the veer. The only way it does work is because of how good Paul is in that game. Sure, he can hit the pick and pop guy, or read the defense, attack, and get a shot. Or, read the defense, attack, draw in the defenders, and hit the open shooter, or create off the dribble attack and hit a dump pass or lob inside. He has options because of how good he is, not the other way around. That's why you don't see PG's with his kind of production and efficiency. If it were that easy, everybody could do it, but they don't because they can't.

well said, again. i'd bet that if cp3 were on a contending team with a decent supporting cast, he'd be top 3-5 MVP most years over the next few years or so. he's not as explosive as westbrook or rose obviously but can still finish inside when he needs to, hence his close to 50% shooting last season. this season, his mid-range fell off a bit partly due to coming back from injury. now he's getting it back.

i'll cut HH some slack since he conceded that cp3 is a top 3 PG (i'd say top 2 but at least i know he's not full-on trolling w/ that statement).

stephanieg
04-25-2011, 05:45 AM
I'm just bummed that CP3 had to hurt his knee and lose some of his explosiveness. He was sick in 08.

Alonzo Magic
04-25-2011, 05:57 AM
I'm just bummed that CP3 had to hurt his knee and lose some of his explosiveness. He was sick in 08.

I don't know why but anytime I read your posts I'm just infuriated.

Swaggin916
04-25-2011, 06:00 AM

The man is barely 6' tall... you want him to be Rose/Westbrook and Drive the lane all day? Sorry not happening.

Steve Nash also gets most of his points off of screens... jeez I guess he sucks too.

FadeAwayJ13
04-25-2011, 06:03 AM

Jesus this is retarded. News flash: EVERY SINGLE OFFENSE USES SCREENS.

First point: Do you realize that the pick and roll is literally the most common play in the NBA? "Only" scoring off pick and rolls isn't a problem, and why should it be if Paul is so effective at it? Would you rather he be a part of an offensive system that plays to his weakness? They just beat the Lakers, so I'd say that they're running a pretty effective offense.

Second: The way you're breaking this down is just ridiculous. I could say that Tim Duncan is nothing without a post-up, or that Kobe Bryant is nothing without isolations. Do you see what I'm getting at? I'm sure you could argue that Shaq would be nothing without his knees.

The Lakers continue to give up mismatches during the pick and roll, and Chris Paul is doing a damn good job of exploiting it. Hell, he got a triple double tonight. Right now you're just hating real hard. He's busting his ass to make this series competitive and interesting. Give me something legitimate.

PS. EVERY PLAYER IS A PRODUCT OF THEIR SYSTEM. Systems dictate what they do on offense.

Suckafree
04-25-2011, 06:40 AM
Last time I checked PnR>Isolation

OP, you are an idiot

trig
04-25-2011, 07:24 AM
lol a boston fan talking about flopping and screens

knightfall88
04-25-2011, 07:53 AM
I don't know how a 5'11 guy can get 11 free throws and I watched the game.

The Ownage
04-25-2011, 08:08 AM
What a retarded logic. If he's successful at something that lets him win basketball games why stop it? And don't the Celtics use alot of screens too, especially some illegal ones by KG? It's like saying Rondo is nothing without dishing it to open players; of course not that's why he plays to his STRENGTHS.

blacknapalm
04-25-2011, 08:09 AM
rodman was nothing without alcohol and tattoos

#OPquotes

Rockets(T-mac)
04-25-2011, 08:15 AM
This is such a retarded arguement. If being good at pick and roll is so damn easy why doesn't everyone do what paul does? So all his points are on open jumpers and layups? So does every team he face get beat by him every time? Because if it's so easy to do why don't many other players do what he does? :facepalm

twintowers
04-25-2011, 08:16 AM

You again with hating paul why will you miss the lakers, i'm not getting it

nev3rh00d
04-25-2011, 08:32 AM
solid 3pt shot even better mid range jumper (both catch and shoot and off the drible)
good rebounder (for PG) even better in steals department
magnificent ball handler and free throw shooter
great court vision and ball distribution ability
etc etc etc

i mean, what is the difference how he plays the game, still best TRUE PG in the league (Rose is more of SG for me)

p.s. sky is blue;D

$LakerGold
04-25-2011, 08:34 AM

Thats called basketball you moron.. deal with it dumb ass

game385
04-25-2011, 08:35 AM
This sight is filled with haters.

Ikill
04-25-2011, 08:41 AM
I don't know how a 5'11 guy can get 11 free throws and I watched the game.
he's 6'1

Ikill
04-25-2011, 08:43 AM
This sight is filled with haters.
it was one guy hating and everyone else disagreeing with him :confusedshrug:

Bigsmoke
04-25-2011, 08:52 AM
why cant the Lakers just double team dude? They know his team suck ass.

lol dude made Bynum look too stupid :oldlol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYD8C7xcOAw

Dolphin
04-25-2011, 09:26 AM
Might be the biggest troll thread in the history of ISH and I've been here since '03.:eek:

I can't believe some of you are even wasting your time with this dude. lol

PHILA
04-25-2011, 09:29 AM
You realize it's a 5 man game right?

Rolando
04-25-2011, 09:31 AM
To the original poster:

Please change your avatar. You are making Celtics fans look bad with your stupid posts.

Bigsmoke
04-25-2011, 09:33 AM
You realize it's a 5 man game right?

the thread should be renamed

Chris Paul is beating the Lakers with nothing

bluechox2
04-25-2011, 09:39 AM
that being said there are many players in this league who doesnt know what a picknroll is and get ripped on it alot.

chris paul and a picknroll = lebron with wade.

Pharcyde
04-25-2011, 09:52 AM
I wish Rose was as good as Paul in the pick n roll.

KevinNYC
04-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Chris Paul = Nothing without Pick and Roll

This is like saying Chris Paul is nothing without 10 ft rims and a 92 feet court.

It's elemental.

NBASTATMAN
04-25-2011, 10:34 AM
To the original poster:

Please change your avatar. You are making Celtics fans look bad with your stupid posts.

OP is a Kobestand pretending to be a Celtic fan... There are a couple of those fake accounts right now... Nothing kobestand won't do to make their hero look better..

His ankle insurance rates skyrocketed after last nights game..

Rake2204
04-25-2011, 10:37 AM
The premise of this thread made me vomit everywhere. Now there's vomit everywhere.

Lebron23
04-25-2011, 10:41 AM
This is probably the worst thread on ISH History. CP3 is still the best PG in the NBA, and it's nice to see him out rebounded the Lakers front court.

nestea()
04-25-2011, 11:03 AM
Why should anyone join your bandwagon of hating on the best player in the playoffs so far?

Dwight Howard says hello. But I don't mean to start this argument. All in all CP3 has played great stop hating OP.

BlackJoker23
04-25-2011, 11:04 AM
lol a boston fan talking about flopping and screens
lol he's a kobe ******ger pretending to be a celtics fan. dont buy into his bs. dude just mad cp3 took a dump on kobe and the lakers last night. always was the best pg in the league. :bowdown:

$LakerGold
04-25-2011, 11:20 AM
This is probably the worst thread on ISH History. CP3 is still the best PG in the NBA, and it's nice to see him out rebounded the Lakers front court.

Your a Joke... :facepalm

Cangri
04-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Yeah, all the other PGs of the league are fking retards for not doing this too, they could be also putting up numbers like Chris Paul if they used the pick and roll.

OldSchoolBBall
04-25-2011, 11:40 AM

Yes, because players shouldn't do what's effective, they should do what idiots like you think they should do. Because isolation ability is the be-all, end-all measure of basketball ability. Typical kids and Kobe fan mentality. :oldlol:

OldSchoolBBall
04-25-2011, 11:43 AM

Thought I was the only one who felt that way. Dude is amazing to watch. He's so steady, and reads defenses and situations better than all but about 3-5 players I've ever seen. He also has all the requisite PG skills - handles, jumper, vision, decision-making, and he protects the ball amazingly well. Then he throws in gritty rebounding and defense too.

OldSchoolBBall
04-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Incidentally, this thread reminds me of a classic ISH thread titled "Should the Pick and Roll be BANNED?" started by the poster Dizzle2K7 after Nash was destroying LA in the playoffs several years ago with the P&R. Unsurprisingly, both of these posters are Kobe fans. Draw from that what conclusions you will.

Rake2204
04-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Incidentally, this thread reminds me of a classic ISH thread titled "Should the Pick and Roll be BANNED?" started by the poster Dizzle2K7 after Nash was destroying LA in the playoffs several years ago with the P&R. Unsurprisingly, both of these posters are Kobe fans. Draw from that what conclusions you will.
Haha, I love the premise. Would the screener still be able to screen, only he'd have to remain frozen for the remainder of the play, like a stone? Or would the pick and pop still be okay?

Notorious D.M.C
04-25-2011, 01:05 PM

Rondo without speed = NOTHING

jlip
04-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Never thought I would see the day when the most basic, fundamental, offensive team play in basketball is negatively perceived as a "crutch" for a player.

Kurosawa0
04-25-2011, 01:13 PM
You can like it or not, but he's been the best player in the series by far.

Joey3000
04-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Chris Paul = Nothing without Pick and Roll

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooh... so all i gotta do to not only be good enough to join the NBA, but also take a week team to the playoffs and dominate the defending champs is play pick n roll offense? Why didnt I think of that? NBA here I's come!!!

Phenith
04-25-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm not even gonna read through the 3 pages of garbage here, I just want to throw my translation of the thread title in here in case it hasn't been mentioned.

Chris Paul = nothing without a fundamental part of NBA basketball

Pick and roll is run by every team to some extent, without it, the game wouldn't be as we know it... so saying something like that targeted at one player is just retarded.
Just say you don't like Chris Paul OR you don't like pick and roll basketball.

Knoe Itawl
04-25-2011, 03:51 PM
It's ALWAYS these idiot Kobe Klowns.

Droid101
04-25-2011, 03:54 PM
You can like it or not, but he's been the best player in the series by far.
And that's the thing about the playoffs.

If you have the best player on the floor, your team will always have a chance, no matter what "seed" you are.

VishaltotheG
04-25-2011, 04:16 PM
Peyton Manning = Nothing without the pass

Blue&Orange
04-25-2011, 04:54 PM
I was gonna say boston, but then i remember they like more the illegal screens, and you're talking about legal ones... carry on.

whippyAU
04-25-2011, 05:07 PM
NBA = Pick and Roll basketball

Leviathon1121
04-25-2011, 05:25 PM
To the original poster:

I am pretty sure not many people here associate this guy with the Celtic's. He is associated with a much less intelligent group.

Killer_Instinct
04-25-2011, 05:39 PM
He's good at manipulating the referees, with all his flopping.

The only thing I agree with concerning Paul. Dude flops his ass off, and that deters me from enjoying watching him play, but he's supremely talented. You're reaching with this Pick & Roll bullshit.

rmt
04-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Give credit where credit is due. He had a fantastic game when it counted.

Alonzo Magic
04-25-2011, 07:40 PM
Might be the biggest troll thread in the history of ISH and I've been here since '03.:eek:

I can't believe some of you are even wasting your time with this dude. lol

It's the ultimate easy stance to argue with this guy.

OriginalNameGuy
04-25-2011, 08:01 PM
If the Lakers can't stop it, why not do it?:confusedshrug:

Christofire
04-25-2011, 08:03 PM
If the Lakers can't stop it, why not do it?:confusedshrug:

by all means do it. I'm njust not impressed by PGs that has entire game revolving around the pick and roll. I just dont find it impressive. I;m not saying don't use it if is working, but at the same time it doesn't move me seeing a pg score a ton of points off of screens all game.

Showtime
04-25-2011, 08:47 PM
by all means do it. I'm njust not impressed by PGs that has entire game revolving around the pick and roll. I just dont find it impressive. I;m not saying don't use it if is working, but at the same time it doesn't move me seeing a pg score a ton of points off of screens all game.
It doesn't move me watching a guard dribble 18 seconds of the clock down doing nothing and then jacking up a poor shot.

RainierBeachPoet
04-25-2011, 11:23 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0609/nba_g_stockton-malone01_576.jpg

stockton = nothing without the pick and roll
:roll: