PDA

View Full Version : Barkley, "New York is the most overrated basketball city in NBA"

Pages : [1] 2

Knicksfever2010
04-26-2011, 12:08 AM
WOW, chuck is a hater

TaLvsCuaL
04-26-2011, 12:09 AM
He's right.

ashbelly
04-26-2011, 12:10 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: I heard that.

50inchvertical
Overrated in terms of everything really. It doesn't matter what you are talking about, a NY'er will jump in with, "________! Man we invented that _____ shit in New York! We're the mecca of ______."

Great city though, but produces some of the most arrogant about where they came from for no reason people. :oldlol: And it's overpopulated so they live in sardine can apartments, which is why I can only visit but never live there.

Haymaker
Chuck is a troll.

Rekindled
04-26-2011, 12:11 AM
lol barkley publicly hating on new york

Scoooter
04-26-2011, 12:12 AM
NY > everywhere else. Just the way things are.

SpecialQue
04-26-2011, 12:12 AM
Round Mound > New York.

Rajondo
04-26-2011, 12:13 AM
Chuck is a troll.

He is paid to troll and I love it. :lol

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm with Chuck on this one.

Meticode
04-26-2011, 12:15 AM
I agree. The Knicks honestly haven't done much of shit while they've had the Knickerbockers. But people need to understand it still is the biggest stage to play for in the country. New York is the biggest and best city in the country, and one of the top cities in the world. Who wouldn't want to play for them. Or in Eddy Curry's place, be on the team, not play for them and get New York pizza half the season.

ReturnofJPR
04-26-2011, 12:16 AM
The guy who asked Chuck the question on TNT was right. Chicago pumps out better talent than New York and has for years.

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 12:18 AM
Best city in the US?
Is that because it's cold there, because of the traffic jams, or because the people there tend to be really arrogant?

FourthTenor
04-26-2011, 12:21 AM
The Garden consistently is a packed, rowdy arena no matter what the team's record is, and not many teams can say that.

But in every other sense he's right. In terms of fan knowledge, team history, "star appeal" etc. it's completely overblown.

Meticode
04-26-2011, 12:21 AM
The guy who asked Chuck the question on TNT was right. Chicago pumps out better talent than New York and has for years.
Do you know who was born in New York? Michael Jordan. Well Brooklyn, but still.

Meticode
04-26-2011, 12:23 AM
Best city in the US?
Is that because it's cold there, because of the traffic jams, or because the people there tend to be really arrogant?
No, because there's so much diversity among groups and you get a taste of the world in that city. It's rich in culture, as some of the best museums, etc.

SpecialQue
04-26-2011, 12:23 AM
The Garden consistently is a packed, rowdy arena no matter what the team's record is, and not many teams can say that.

Yeah, that crowd was really pumped during those last two games.

:rolleyes:

50inchvertical
04-26-2011, 12:24 AM
Best city in the US?
I think it's because you get to pay 1200$ for a 300 sq ft studio "apartment" in Manhattan.

I actually did an MSG tour last summer. Because it was summer time, the locker roomw as configured for their WNBA team, the Liberty though. There was smellgoody lotions and women's cleansing products and tubes and shit everywhere.

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 12:27 AM
No, because there's so much diversity among groups and you get a taste of the world in that city. It's rich in culture, as some of the best museums, etc.
Good response, but I'd personally prefer a city that is calmer and has warmer weather.

LOL at the post about real estate overpricing. Just another thing that would make me not want to live in NY.

MayCeltics
04-26-2011, 12:29 AM
He meant to say Knicks are overrated compared to the Buzz. They haven't won anything in 40 years. Mecca for basketball :oldlol:

ProfessorMurder
04-26-2011, 12:29 AM
I actually did an MSG tour last summer. Because it was summer time, the locker roomw as configured for their WNBA team, the Liberty though. There was smellgoody lotions and women's cleansing products and tubes and shit everywhere.

:no: That was Amar'e's stuff.

Sarcastic
04-26-2011, 12:31 AM
Charles Barkley is a fat slob and shouldn't even be on TV. He looks completely disheveled in that crappy suit with no tie on, and the sweat all over his upper lip.

SpecialQue
04-26-2011, 12:31 AM
:no: That was Amar'e's stuff.

Nicely played.

SpecialQue
04-26-2011, 12:32 AM
Charles Barkley is a fat slob and shouldn't even be on TV. He looks completely disheveled in that crappy suit with no tie on, and the sweat all over his upper lip.

Butt-hurt New Yorker can't take a nice pounding from Round Mound?

:no:

Juice Willis
04-26-2011, 12:33 AM
LOL @ dudes from towns in flyover country trying to talk shit about New York City. It's not our fault i have more people living on my block than you have in your whole town.

As for NYC, it IS the MECCA of basketball in America. As i type this, there are tons of games of basketball being played right now. And it's already after midnight here. Chuck, as usual, is a hater.

greensmoke21
:oldlol: at these butthurt knick fans
the man is right tho the knicks havent accomplished shit in like 50 years

Scoooter
I think it's because you get to pay 1200$ for a 300 sq ft studio "apartment" in Manhattan.

Ah yes, the fabled woman's tube. One of the world's great mysteries.

ICanDunk
New Yorkers continuing to earn their reputation as loudmouthed sh!t talkers :roll:

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 12:35 AM
LOL @ dudes from towns in flyover country trying to talk shit about New York City. It's not our fault i have more people living on my block than you have in your whole town.

As for NYC, it IS the MECCA of basketball in America. As i type this, there are tons of games of basketball being played right now. And it's already after midnight here. Chuck, as usual, is a hater.
What is this? A New Yorker being arrogant?! UNBELIEVABLE!

Sarcastic
04-26-2011, 12:38 AM
New Yorkers continuing to earn their reputation as loudmouthed sh!t talkers :roll:

That's funny, because it seems as if Barkley started to loud mouth shit talk first.

Juice Willis
04-26-2011, 12:41 AM
That's funny, because it seems as if Barkley started to loud mouth shit talk first.
EXACTAMUNDO! **** these haters. They'd all move here if they could, i ain't even mad.

Meticode
04-26-2011, 12:41 AM
No, no, no, no. New Yorkers have been like that since before I was born. That's just the way New Yorkers are generalized.

50inchvertical
04-26-2011, 12:42 AM
Nope, actually it was Kenny the Jet Smith who started in with the NY is so great talk.

Zackmorris
04-26-2011, 12:43 AM
ITT: tourists

Besides, Chuck made me laugh. Big deal.

and someone pointed out MJ being born in BK. Correct but NC claims him.

ProfessorMurder
04-26-2011, 12:45 AM
As i type this, there are tons of games of basketball being played right now. And it's already after midnight here.

NO WAY!?!?!?! There's basketball being played worldwide at all times of the day.

In fact there's a game in Denver right now. Denver = BBALL MECCA! ZOMG :bowdown:

Rhinox
04-26-2011, 12:46 AM
EXACTAMUNDO! **** these haters. They'd all move here if they could, i ain't even mad.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nah Think I'll pass

SpecialQue
04-26-2011, 12:49 AM
Ok, look, I'll give New York this. I have no doubt in my mind that a finals series in New York would be pretty incredible. But what's the chance of that ever happening again?

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 12:49 AM
If we could??? Any piece of trash can live in NY lmao

And Barkley only said what he did because Kenny Smith was being an idiot acting like New York is mecca of basketball. Barely anyone outside New York thinks that. It's just New Yorkers being arrogant.

Barkley was just saying something that needed to be said to try to enlighten the delusional New Yorkers.

DwadeOverLebron
04-26-2011, 12:59 AM

oh ca mon! if you asked michael where he's from he's going to say north carolina you didn't know that? **with a WTF?!? facial expression**

Stuckey
04-26-2011, 01:01 AM
i dont get how u can be the mecca of bball when u cant even play outside most of the year

nycelt84
04-26-2011, 01:01 AM

And Barkley only said what he did because Kenny Smith was being an idiot acting like New York is mecca of basketball. Barely anyone outside New York thinks that. It's just New Yorkers being arrogant.

Barkley was just saying something that needed to be said to try to enl
ighten the delusional New Yorkers.

How can any piece of trash live in NY when you were complaining about the stress and cold weather of NY and how you couldn't live there because of it? Plus NY is one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in.

Zackmorris
04-26-2011, 01:05 AM
i dont get how u can be the mecca of bball when u cant even play outside most of the year

Cause basketball can't be played inside right? :confusedshrug:

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 01:05 AM
How can any piece of trash live in NY when you were complaining about the stress and cold weather of NY and how you couldn't live there because of it? Plus NY is one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in.
Look how many immigrants and people making minimum wage live in New York. Just about anyone can live there. And you say I couldn't handle the stress and cold weather in New York you must be an idiot. Anyone can "handle" living in New York but most people (including me) choose not to live there because it's just not the best city.

Juice Willis
04-26-2011, 01:07 AM

Barkley was just saying something that needed to be said to try to enlighten the delusional New Yorkers.
You couldn't afford to live here,so keep dreaming. I'm not gonna have my city disrespected especially not by some Kobe stan.

Sarcastic
04-26-2011, 01:08 AM
oh ca mon! if you asked michael where he's from he's going to say north carolina you didn't know that? **with a WTF?!? facial expression**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LLN553cFFE

Wow, don't you look like an ass right now.

Juice Willis
04-26-2011, 01:08 AM
Look how many immigrants and people making minimum wage live in New York. Just about anyone can live there. And you say I couldn't handle the stress and cold weather in New York you must be an idiot. Anyone can "handle" living in New York but most people (including me) choose not to live there because it's just not the best city.
Yet you always talking about New York.

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 01:09 AM
LOL tough guy New Yorker you're "not gonna have your city disrespected" what are you going to do then?

Juice Willis
04-26-2011, 01:09 AM
Hahaha, i've been playing pick up games in the south Bronx in the dead middle of winter since i was a kid. Whatchu talkin bout??

Juice Willis
04-26-2011, 01:11 AM
LOL tough guy New Yorker you're "not gonna have your city disrespected" what are you going to do then?
Laugh because you're not living here. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

HEAT111
04-26-2011, 01:17 AM
I know New York has a lot of history, but for the sports franchises the only thing that's worth to talk about are Yankees. The Knicks have a couple of titles and now what are they? A process. I don't think New York is over rated, the only that's over-rated are the current generation Knicks.

SpecialQue
04-26-2011, 01:30 AM
Oh hey, congrats on the Knicks being the only team to get swept in the playoffs.

NewYorkNoPicks
04-26-2011, 01:31 AM
Chucks making the same mistake that everyone else makes...he's talking about the Knicks' accomplishments as the barometer for NY's basketball worthiness.

WHEN NYERS SAY ITS A BASKETBALL CITY WERE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE KNICKS, WERE TALKING ABOUT THE ACTUAL CITY DUMBASSES!

THE SPORT IS PLAYED ON LITERALLY EVERY STREET CORNER.

THE ENTIRE TOWN IS OBSESSED WITH IT.

RUCKER PARK AND OTHER NY TOURNAMENTS ARE FREQUENTLY CONSIDERED THE BEST IN THE NATION AND ATTRACT START TALENT.

NY'S STREETBALL PEDIGREE IS LEGENDARY.

OUR FANS STILL SELL OUT MSG 99% OF THE TIME EVEN WHEN WE'RE LOSING.

THE MOST PASSIONATE FANS OUT THERE.

so thats what were talking about.

ReturnofJPR
04-26-2011, 01:35 AM
I've dealt with New Yorkers, online, for the better part of 10 years. These are always the common things that represent new yorkers and they are factual:

1) Think they are better than anyone and everyone else

2) They are actually dumber than the majority of the population because they can't (ie don't) expand their knowledge or thought. They give everything one thought and then their thinking process stops right there.

3) They live in a bubble. This one is the most evident and damaging. New Yorkers do not know what is going on outside of their New York bubble. They think everything in the universe exists within their bubble. But at the end of the day, New Yorkers are just idiotic, brain-dead bubble boys. That's all that they are.

Classic New Yorker:

http://www.reelingreviews.com/bubbleboypic.jpg

JChurches
04-26-2011, 01:36 AM

Are you implying that this is a good thing?

opps
04-26-2011, 01:37 AM
Laugh because you're not living here. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You are so arrogant :lol

LA >>>>>> NY

You guys dont play in the playoffs, have good seasons, or win championships... how are you the mecca of anything. Boston & LA are the mecca cities for the NBA.

ReturnofJPR
04-26-2011, 01:39 AM
Are you implying that this is a good thing?

He/She does not know what the word imply actually means. Trying to make a point with a New Yorker is like trying to build in a house in a hurricane. Good Luck because you will need it!

Juice Willis
04-26-2011, 01:40 AM
I've dealt with New Yorkers, online, for the better part of 10 years. These are always the common things that represent new yorkers and they are factual:

2) They are actually dumber than the majority of the population because they can't (ie don't) expand their knowledge or thought. They give everything one thought and then their thinking process stops right there.

3) They live in a bubble. This one is the most evident and damaging. New Yorkers do not know what is going on outside of their New York bubble. They think everything in the universe exists within their bubble. But at the end of the day, New Yorkers are just idiotic, brain-dead bubble boys. That's all that they are.

Classic New Yorker:

WHOA. WHAT??! You expect people to believe that New Yorkers have a lower IQ than people from the midwest?? You're fking clown shoes, man. I walk to down the street and i can find 20 people with college degrees. We interact with more people of different races, cultures, sexual orientiation and religions than almost anywhere else in the country. And you say WE live in a BUBBLE?

Look man, if you're gonna troll. At least try harder. I've seen alot of dumb shit said about New York online but this may well be the dumbest.

Juice Willis
04-26-2011, 01:43 AM
You are so arrogant :lol

LA >>>>>> NY

You guys dont play in the playoffs, have good seasons, or win championships... how are you the mecca of anything. Boston & LA are the mecca cities for the NBA.
Hahaha, isn't your whole state broke? NY>>>>ALL OF CALI

opps
04-26-2011, 01:45 AM
WHOA. WHAT??! You expect people to believe that New Yorkers have a lower IQ than people from the midwest?? You're fking clown shoes, man. I walk to down the street and i can find 20 people with college degrees. We interact with more people of different races, cultures, sexual orientiation and religions than almost anywhere else in the country. And you say WE live in a BUBBLE?

Look man, if you're gonna troll. At least try harder. I've seen alot of dumb shit said about New York online but this may well be the dumbest.

Exactly you guys lived piled up on each other in a crowded ass city. There is no room to even relax the streets are crowded, you ride in dirty ass taxis & subways, crowded ass streets, cant see the sky, bad seasons, expensive small as.s apts, too many damn immigrants, :lol

ReturnofJPR
04-26-2011, 01:46 AM

Don't say we when talking about people with college degrees. You do realize that a good amount of people who actually have degrees in NYC were born outside of the city, don't you?

And don't talk about diversity in NYC. New York is a town that is either Jewish or Italian. At the end of the day, it's all dark haired brown eyed people. They all look the same. For instance, when the White Sox kicked the New York Yankees' ass on National Television tonight, as the camera panned the Yankee crowd, every single person looked similar. They had dark hair and brown eyes. And just because you are a homosexual does not mean that everyone in NYC is.

opps
04-26-2011, 01:47 AM

Yeah the WHOLE state :lol

Great comeback.

We have better everything

1) Weather
2) Living Space
3) Colleges
4) Women
5) Beaches
6) Basketball

:lol

Troll with the people from the midwest because Cali sh.its on NY

50inchvertical
04-26-2011, 01:50 AM

Diversity in big cities is overrated though, it's still VERY de facto segregated just like most cities. Hell, Jews have their own Ambulances and Firemen :oldlol:

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2011/04/05/woman-lives-in-90-square-foot-new-york-apartment/ $700 a month too. GTFO out of here. Anywhere else in the country not California and maybe Seattle, you're living in a house for that price if you want, or at the least a decently sized apartment

Halal carts are the shit though. Egyptian sausage + extra white sauce

talkingconch
04-26-2011, 01:51 AM
When I heard this I COULDN'T AGREE MORE

Knicks just blow, I wonder what will happen IF they win a championship lmao

California DEMOLISHES NY lmao are you kidding me?

opps
04-26-2011, 01:53 AM
Diversity in big cities is overrated though, it's still VERY de facto segregated just like most cities. Hell, Jews have their own Ambulances and Firemen :oldlol:

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2011/04/05/woman-lives-in-90-square-foot-new-york-apartment/ $700 a month too. GTFO out of here. Anywhere else in the country not California and maybe Seattle, you're living in a house for that price if you want, or at the least a decently sized apartment

Halal carts are the shit though. Egyptian sausage + extra white sauce
:lol :lol

$700 a month with no kitchen or bedroom

In Cali if you pay that much you are getting a bedroom and kitchen :lol

prodnus
04-26-2011, 01:53 AM
Shots fired :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Numero 10
04-26-2011, 01:54 AM

Ditto. lmao @ these butthurt new yorkers. they wished they had this california sunshine.

NewYorkNoPicks
04-26-2011, 01:56 AM
Once Again Its Not Called The Mecca Because Of The Knicks!

Its Called That Because Of Nyers Love Affair With The Game, The Streetball Pedigree, And The Passionate Fans.

kaiiu
04-26-2011, 01:56 AM
I much rather live in LA. LA>

opps
04-26-2011, 01:59 AM
Once Again Its Not Called The Mecca Because Of The Knicks!

Its Called That Because Of Nyers Love Affair With The Game, The Streetball Pedigree, And The Passionate Fans.

LA is more deserving of being the mecca. But it doesnt matter to me we keep raising banners while NY getting swept :lol

Juice Willis
04-26-2011, 02:00 AM
Don't say we when talking about people with college degrees. You do realize that a good amount of people who actually have degrees in NYC were born outside of the city, don't you?

And don't talk about diversity in NYC. New York is a town that is either Jewish or Italian. At the end of the day, it's all dark haired brown eyed people. They all look the same. For instance, when the White Sox kicked the New York Yankees' ass on National Television tonight, as the camera panned the Yankee crowd, every single person looked similar. They had dark hair and brown eyes. And just because you are a homosexual does not mean that everyone in NYC is.
Jesus what are you, 10? "You're a homosexual!" Nice one.

ANYway, fr someone who has never been to New York you sure act like you know alot about our city. New York is a melting pot.I've actually been to Chicago, YOUR city is crazy segregated. So don't twist things up. New York has Italians, Jews, Blacks, Hispanics, Arabs, Asians and everything in between. This is a great city man, i'll rep NYC to the death of me.

Btw, I am a native New Yorker and i have a college degree. So does most of my family, so what are you talking about? And all those out of towners? REP NYC!:cheers:

NewYorkNoPicks
04-26-2011, 02:01 AM
http://bardentertainment.com/photos/tsq.jpg

>your city

Juice Willis
04-26-2011, 02:02 AM
Ditto. lmao @ these butthurt new yorkers. they wished they had this california sunshine.
And California smog. And California earthquakes. And California taxes...

Brickz187
04-26-2011, 02:02 AM
Every single person in this thread is an idiot

talkingconch
04-26-2011, 02:03 AM

All of your posts in this thread are terrible. You just bragged about having more people living on your block than a fly-over state, as if that's a good thing.

Dude just face the truth :facepalm

DuMa
04-26-2011, 02:03 AM

>your city

my friends did the NYE thing in times square a few years ago. it was an awful experience for them. stand in the crowd in 30 degree cold for 8 hours until NYE and watch the ball drop. cant even go to teh bathroom so one of them peed in a cup while the other 8 friends turned their back on him while doing it. NYC is a great city but its a shithole.

Juice Willis
04-26-2011, 02:04 AM
When I heard this I COULDN'T AGREE MORE

Knicks just blow, I wonder what will happen IF they win a championship lmao

So how come you're state's broke and you're being sieged by illegal immigrants every day? California= Mexico.

TaLvsCuaL
04-26-2011, 02:04 AM

>your city
http://www.google.es/search?hl=es&client=firefox-a&hs=RFc&rls=org.*******:es-ES:official&q=sevilla&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1024&bih=581

ReturnofJPR
04-26-2011, 02:05 AM
Jesus what are you, 10? "You're a homosexual!" Nice one.

ANYway, fr someone who has never been to New York you sure act like you know alot about our city. New York is a melting pot.I've actually been to Chicago, YOUR city is crazy segregated. So don't twist things up. New York has Italians, Jews, Blacks, Hispanics, Arabs, Asians and everything in between. This is a great city man, i'll rep NYC to the death of me.

Btw, I am a native New Yorker and i have a college degree. So does most of my family, so what are you talking about? And all those out of towners? REP NYC!:cheers:

21% of New York city is either Jewish or Italian. That's not diversity at all. That's domination by two groups. It's hispanic and black population is much lower than Chicago's.

New York's Times Square is nothing like it was in the 80's. It's lost its charm and edge. Now it is nothing but a mecca for corporate garbage. And speaking of garbage, ugly New Yorkers just stick their trash on the sidewalk for people to walk or slip by. The city stinks. This is a major reason why. Plus, NYC has major problems with bed bugs and rats because many of the people are dirty not to mention because of their poor sanitation habits such as just throwing piles of garbage on the sidewalks. Nasty!

Juice Willis
04-26-2011, 02:06 AM
All of your posts in this thread are terrible. You just bragged about having more people living on your block than a fly-over state, as if that's a good thing.

Dude just face the truth :facepalm
And your just a jealous hater. Keep running your mouth cuz in the end thats all you can do.

opps
04-26-2011, 02:06 AM

>your city

http://www.askuscalifornia.com/california/california_pictures/california_beach_cam.jpg

http://cache.virtualtourist.com/3737586-First_LA_Sunset_Santa_Monica_Beach-California.jpg

http://www.usbr.gov/lc/images/cities/laskyline2.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xROKn66VlcQ/SjlWuplocaI/AAAAAAAAAUQ/lYmjKZt9mYY/s400/lakers+parade1.jpg"]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xROKn66VlcQ/SjlWuplocaI/AAAAAAAAAUQ/lYmjKZt9mYY/s400/lakers+parade1.jpg

NO :lol

Numero 10
04-26-2011, 02:08 AM

Smog is mostly LA bro. Last time i checked, NY had one of the highest tax rates. You make it seem like destructive Earthquakes occur all the time.

talkingconch
04-26-2011, 02:09 AM
So how come you're state's broke and you're being sieged by illegal immigrants every day? California= Mexico.

Is that all you got? That's all you've insulted with, illegals and state tax.

I don't even have to respond, read the other posts ^

Juice Willis
21% of New York city is either Jewish or Italian. That's not diversity at all. That's domination by two groups. It's hispanic and black population is much lower than Chicago's.

New York's Times Square is nothing like it was in the 80's. It's lost its charm and edge. Now it is nothing but a mecca for corporate garbage. And speaking of garbage, ugly New Yorkers just stick their trash on the sidewalk for people to walk or slip by. The city stinks. This is a major reason why. Plus, NYC has major problems with bed bugs and rats because many of the people are dirty not to mention because of their poor sanitation habits such as just throwing piles of garbage on the sidewalks. Nasty!
Dude i've been to Southside Chicago, you shouldn't be running your mouth about dirty cities.

Diversity is celebrated in New York. WE have the most ethnic parades and the best. I guess Chicago isn't a diverse city because the majority of people there are white. C'mon...

NewYorkNoPicks
http://www.askuscalifornia.com/california/california_pictures/california_beach_cam.jpg

http://cache.virtualtourist.com/3737586-First_LA_Sunset_Santa_Monica_Beach-California.jpg

http://www.usbr.gov/lc/images/cities/laskyline2.jpg

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xROKn66VlcQ/SjlWuplocaI/AAAAAAAAAUQ/lYmjKZt9mYY/s400/lakers+parade1.jpg"]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xROKn66VlcQ/SjlWuplocaI/AAAAAAAAAUQ/lYmjKZt9mYY/s400/lakers+parade1.jpg[IMG]

NO :lol

Yeah because you cant find sand anywhere but California right? fkn idiot

I got some sand for you right here actually, its in a box my cat just used. if you come quick you might be able to "HANG 10 ON ONE OF THESE RADICAL WAVES DUDE!"

GovernmentMan

Great comeback.

1) Weather
2) Living Space
3) Colleges
4) Women
5) Beaches
6) Basketball

Colleges? NY has Columbia, Cornell, NYU, many of the most highly selective liberal arts colleges (Vassar, Barnard, Sarah Lawrence, etc), West Point, and the most prestigious music and art schools in the country

As a city, NYC is much better than LA. I mean, nobody ever writes books about how LA is a great city. If anything, they use it as an example of a badly planned city (car dependency, lack of a distinct center/hub, sprawl, etc).

Juice Willis
04-26-2011, 02:11 AM
Is that all you got? That's all you've insulted with, illegals and state tax.

I don't even have to respond, read the other posts ^
Because you have no response, you troll. I'm done talking to you.

FindingTim
NY > everywhere else. Just the way things are.

according to New Yorkers or according to you?

opps

NY Blizards, NY Terrorist attacks, NY smog, NY taxes, NY expensive a.ss apts, ...

Numero 10
04-26-2011, 02:12 AM
Colleges? NY has Columbia, Cornell, NYU, many of the most highly selective liberal arts colleges (Vassar, Barnard, Sarah Lawrence, etc), West Point, and the most prestigious music and art schools in the country

Berkeley and Stanford>all colleges in new york

Numero 10
04-26-2011, 02:13 AM
NY Blizards, NY Terrorist attacks, NY smog, NY taxes, NY expensive a.ss apts, ...

:applause: good point.

Juice Willis
04-26-2011, 02:14 AM
Smog is mostly LA bro. Last time i checked, NY had one of the highest tax rates. You make it seem like destructive Earthquakes occur all the time.
Not all the time but i'd rather live someplace where the ground isn't gonna open up and swallow me.

Besides people make songs about New York all the time. When was the last time you heard a song about LA?

And the best basketball movies? Filmed in New York. Above the Rim, He Got Game, Juice, White Men Can't Jump, Love And Basketball. Need more?

Juice Willis
04-26-2011, 02:16 AM
Berkeley and Stanford>all colleges in new york
Dude, Columbia is IVY LEAGUE. How is Stanford and Berkley better??

opps

As a city, NYC is much better than LA. I mean, nobody ever writes books about how LA is a great city. If anything, they use it as an example of a badly planned city (car dependency, lack of a distinct center/hub, sprawl, etc).

We have USC,UCLA,Cal,Stanford,Cal Tech, Claremont liberal arts colleges, FIDM.

I rather drive my own car than walk, or ride in a dirty ass taxi or subway but maybe thats just me :rolleyes: The only people who write about how great NY is are arrogant New Yorkers...

ReturnofJPR
Most New Yorkers are ugly and the only good looking ones are non-native new yorkers that only moved their after college.

NYC is filled with rats, bed bugs, and loud mouthed people.

NYC is never ranked in places to live lists, which are based on housing, scenery, quality of life, pollution, job growth, and crime rates.

Rap from the West Coast, and the South, is better.

New Yorkers are basically monkeys filled with false bravado. 98% of New Yorkers are degenerates. New York is mostly craig list people running amuck.

The City is always noisy. There is never 1 second of peace and quiet in NYC. Oh, and NYC doesn't have Hollywood or the tallest building with the latter being one of its old claims to fame.

FindingTim

LA is definitely flawed, but I find it delightfully schizophrenic-- the coastal towns are great, from Malibu to Santa Monica to Venice to Hermosa (in fact, the whole Pacific coast is pretty darn awesome).

the inland of LA is far less appealing: sprawl, freeways, gangs, a complete lack of aesthetic beauty. take me to the ocean.

macpierce
yeah let me trade in my 4 bedroom 3000 square foot home in LA for a 1 bedroom apartment in new york city..........
also let me trade in my ferrari that I drive in southern california so I can walk in new york city where teh streets smell like pee

NewYorkNoPicks
04-26-2011, 02:17 AM
:applause: good point.

California Radioactive Waste in the Water that came in from Japan.

Didn't California legalize weed? Becuase thats a real intelligent thing to do right? I mean that must make you guys so productive and enhance your work performance. I'd just love to have surgery in California, it'd be a story you could tell you grandkids since theres a 50/50 chance of your doctor being either a pothead or an earthquake occuring at the time of the operation.

What about the Barbarians in your city who rioted over Rodney King and acted like savages?

What about the highest Gang Population in America.

California is filled with a bunch of hippies and people who never made it in life.

SpecialQue
04-26-2011, 02:18 AM
LA is definitely flawed, but I find it delightfully schizophrenic-- the coastal towns are great, from Malibu to Santa Monica to Venice to Hermosa (in fact, the whole Pacific coast is pretty darn awesome).

the inland of LA is far less appealing: sprawl, freeways, gangs, a complete lack of aesthetic beauty. take me to the ocean.

Cudahy rocks!!!

Zackmorris
Man this topic is filled with idiots

Numero 10
Dude, Columbia is IVY LEAGUE. How is Stanford and Berkley better??

What does it matter if it's ivy league? Berkeley and Stanford are in the top 3 schools in engineering.

opps
04-26-2011, 02:19 AM

Thats not true you have Berverly Hills, Burbank, Culver City, Westwood, Hollywood,etc.

SpecialQue
04-26-2011, 02:20 AM
California is filled with a bunch of hippies and people who never made it in life.

Yeah, that's why it's the eighth largest economy in the world.

opps
04-26-2011, 02:23 AM

Didn't California legalize weed? Becuase thats a real intelligent thing to do right? I mean that must make you guys so productive and enhance your work performance. I'd just love to have surgery in California, it'd be a story you could tell you grandkids since theres a 50/50 chance of your doctor being either a pothead or an earthquake occuring at the time of the operation.

What about the Barbarians in your city who rioted over Rodney King and acted like savages?

NY was the mecca center of the crack epidemic.

No weed isnt legalized & if it was why in the fu.ck would a doctor be smoking it :lol

NY has suffered from terrorist attacks

People who are successful and make money move to LA to enjoy the amazing city.

NY is dirty

You cant see the fuc.king sky!!

Crowded

Dangerous as hell

etc

Numero 10
04-26-2011, 02:23 AM

Uhm no they did not legalize weed. So your whole first paragraph is irrelevant.

That's in LA,i don't live there. there is more than one major city in California, unlike New York. And again, the biggest gang population is in LA, seeing that's where it started. Don't make out California as only LA.

Hippies? Lol. That's funny considering how many crackheads new york city has running through the streets.

Sarcastic
04-26-2011, 02:24 AM
Yeah, that's why it's the eighth largest economy in the world.

NYC's economy shits on LA and SF combined.

ReturnofJPR
04-26-2011, 02:25 AM
NYC's economy shits on LA and SF combined.

London shits on NYC all day.

Numero 10
04-26-2011, 02:25 AM
Not all the time but i'd rather live someplace where the ground isn't gonna open up and swallow me.

Besides people make songs about New York all the time. When was the last time you heard a song about LA?

And the best basketball movies? Filmed in New York. Above the Rim, He Got Game, Juice, White Men Can't Jump, Love And Basketball. Need more?

:facepalm

NewYorkNoPicks
04-26-2011, 02:27 AM
Uhm no they did not legalize weed. So your whole first paragraph is irrelevant.

That's in LA,i don't live there. there is more than one major city in California, unlike New York. And again, the biggest gang population is in LA, seeing that's where it started. Don't make out California as only LA.

Hippies? Lol. That's funny considering how many crackheads new york city has running through the streets.

Crack era of NYC was the 80's bruh! Guess you haven't visited in a while. Excellent argument using a reference from 30 years ago!

And if you're going to say "Thats only LA", then the same can be said about New York. Have you ever seen the Hamptons? or Forest Hill Gardens? or the numerous other beautiful communities out here? Probably not..

Juice Willis
04-26-2011, 02:27 AM
Most New Yorkers are ugly and the only good looking ones are non-native new yorkers that only moved their after college.

NYC is filled with rats, bed bugs, and loud mouthed people.

NYC is never ranked in places to live lists, which are based on housing, scenery, quality of life, pollution, job growth, and crime rates.

Rap from the West Coast, and the South, is better.

New Yorkers are basically monkeys filled with false bravado. 98% of New Yorkers are degenerates. New York is mostly craig list people running amuck.

The City is always noisy. There is never 1 second of peace and quiet in NYC. Oh, and NYC doesn't have Hollywood or the tallest building with the latter being one of its old claims to fame.
Please. Half the chicks in LA are filled with more plastic than a Barbie factory. Half of everyone in LA AREN'T EVEN from LA. Please man, you whole town is fake.

ReturnofJPR
04-26-2011, 02:29 AM
Please. Half the chicks in LA are filled with more plastic than a Barbie factory. Half of everyone in LA AREN'T EVEN from LA. Please man, you whole town is fake.

Chicago is as real as it gets so STFU. Back to real. Chicago has real ballers from Rose to Wade. All NYC has is crack heads like Marbury or Telfair. Your town is fugazi. Just like TNT said. NYC is overrated!

Overrated!

OVERRATED!!!

And every man on Earth would take an LA woman over a fat, overbearing, ugly New York woman which is exactly what the majority of woman in NYC are like save for the ones who were not born in the city and only moved their after college.

Sarcastic

Not even close. NYC has the largest economy for any metropolitan area on the planet. Only city that is close is Tokyo. London is behind LA.

opps

All of the characters in that movie are from LA. The go to Crenshaw high, then to USC, then the guy plays for the Lakers. Oh and the movie was made by UCLA & USC alums. FAIL :rolleyes:

Juice Willis
04-26-2011, 02:31 AM
Dude, pick a city and rep it.

opps
04-26-2011, 02:31 AM
Crack era of NYC was the 80's bruh! Guess you haven't visited in a while. Excellent argument using a reference from 30 years ago!

And if you're going to say "Thats only LA", then the same can be said about New York. Have you ever seen the Hamptons? or Forest Hill Gardens? or the numerous other beautiful communities out here? Probably not..

Only rich white people can enjoy the Hamptons & Forest Hill. Meanwhile everyone can enjoy the beauty of the LA beaches, weather, and sceanery.

Numero 10
04-26-2011, 02:32 AM

Doesn't mean there aren't any crackheads or druggies there does it? Sure there are other cities, but throughout this thread there has only been mentions about NYC

talkingconch
04-26-2011, 02:32 AM
Not to mention a shit load of media conglomerates were founded in California, (ie Walt Disney)

MayCeltics
04-26-2011, 02:33 AM
Not to mention a shit load of media conglomerates were founded in California, (ie Walt Disney)

They were all born in NYC

opps
04-26-2011, 02:34 AM

Most major Hollywood film studios were. Warner,NBC,Universal, etc

Scoooter
04-26-2011, 02:34 AM
I love them both. As a native Californian whose family is from back east, I implore you to stop feuding. LA and NY, holdin' down both coasts.

:cheers:

opps
04-26-2011, 02:35 AM

No they werent most were immigrants who came to Los Angeles. Most Jews founded the hollywood studio system

Sarcastic
04-26-2011, 02:36 AM
No they werent most were immigrants who came to Los Angeles. Most Jews founded the hollywood studio system

Where do you think all those Jews came from? They all originated primarily from NY.

NewYorkNoPicks
I'll take a pair of juicy New York Puerto Rican titties over 2 hard pieces of silicon connected by surgical thread to a way past her prime white woman in her 50's anyday of the week.

talkingconch

lmao that's like saying Kobe represents the 76ers but plays for the lakers

Numero 10
you can also thank Cali for those apple products im sure a lot people own in NYC.

opps
04-26-2011, 02:37 AM
Where do you think all those Jews came from? They all originated primarily from NY.

Do you not know what an immigrant is dumbas.s

Juice Willis
All of the characters in that movie are from LA. The go to Crenshaw high, then to USC, then the guy plays for the Lakers. Oh and the movie was made by UCLA & USC alums. FAIL :rolleyes:
K, that was my bad. I mixed it up with another movie. But the point still stands.

talkingconch
I'll take a pair of juicy New York Puerto Rican titties over 2 hard pieces of silicon connected by surgical thread to a way past her prime white woman in her 50's anyday of the week.

Makes no sense, is this because of hollywood?

nothing to see here, move along

opps
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Dumbas.s

MayCeltics
04-26-2011, 02:38 AM

Jews settled in New York first before venturing out.

opps
K, that was my bad. I mixed it up with another movie. But the point still stands.

I know that LA>NY

ReturnofJPR
Not even close. NYC has the largest economy for any metropolitan area on the planet. Only city that is close is Tokyo. London is behind LA.

I am talking economic influence not to mention that London's economy is more diverse and healthy. Take it from a NY paper:

London is the Financial Center of the World

http://nymag.com/guides/london/29440/

Here's another:

London #1

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33592580/ns/business-bloomberg_businessweek/

opps
04-26-2011, 02:39 AM
Jews settled in New York first before venturing out.

You dont know what your're talking about so Im not even gonna respond... I just took a film class on this :facepalm

MayCeltics
04-26-2011, 02:39 AM
lmao that's like saying Kobe represents the 76ers but plays for the lakers

Paul Pierce is Californian. Kobe is not.

ReturnofJPR
04-26-2011, 02:41 AM
Dude, pick a city and rep it.

There are many cities that are better than NYC which is horribly overrated just as TNT said tonight on live television, broadcasted throughout many countries, in front of millions and millions of people. And those people agree with what was said on TNT and that is that NYC is horribly overrated.

bence23
04-26-2011, 02:43 AM
Everyone in this thread is a complete idiot and missing the point.

People talking about apartments!? :oldlol:

talkingconch
Paul Pierce is Californian. Kobe is not.

You didn't get what I just said..

MayCeltics
You dont know what your're talking about so Im not even gonna respond... I just took a film class on this :facepalm

New York was original hub for movie industry.

Sarcastic
04-26-2011, 02:46 AM
I am talking economic influence not to mention that London's economy is more diverse and healthy. Take it from a NY paper:

London is the Financial Center of the World

http://nymag.com/guides/london/29440/

Here's another:

London #1

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33592580/ns/business-bloomberg_businessweek/

Financial center and city economy are not the same thing.

Juice Willis
04-26-2011, 02:46 AM
You didn't get what I just said..
U mad bro?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_KtOEDjqBEnk/TR8LpsNf-nI/AAAAAAAADf8/dM3-B20K_aE/s1600/new-years-eve-in-time-square.jpg

ReturnofJPR
04-26-2011, 02:48 AM
Everyone in this thread is a complete idiot and missing the point.

People talking about apartments!? :oldlol:

You are the 3rd person to have said such a thing and failed to realize that all of you have classified yourselves as idiots. Congrats!

opps
U mad bro?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_KtOEDjqBEnk/TR8LpsNf-nI/AAAAAAAADf8/dM3-B20K_aE/s1600/new-years-eve-in-time-square.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

HELL NO!!

Everyone in LA makes road trips to Vegas for New Years!

MayCeltics
U mad bro?

they mad :oldlol:

Numero 10
04-26-2011, 02:49 AM
U mad bro?

Mecca of basketball? Look familiar? We ain't mad bro, we can go on vacation in our backyards while you have to fly and risk crashing into a building

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1085/1239924483_5b8298f5e4.jpg

talkingconch
04-26-2011, 02:50 AM
U mad bro?

http://i39.tinypic.com/1417el0.gif

Juice Willis
04-26-2011, 02:50 AM
:lol :lol :lol

HELL NO!!

Everyone in LA makes road trips to Vegas for New Years!
Cuz LA sucks for New Years! :lol :lol :lol

opps
04-26-2011, 02:53 AM

No because were so close to Vegas we can have fun road trips, get drunk and fu.ck up the strip, then go back home. Think The Hangover :lol

But of course being in NY you guys havent experienced anything like that. You guys have what Atlantic City :lol

talkingconch
04-26-2011, 02:56 AM
so in your case ALL the states suck for New Years except NY? LMAO :facepalm

Juice Willis
04-26-2011, 02:56 AM
No because were so close to Vegas we can have fun road trips, get drunk and fu.ck up the strip, then go back home. Think The Hangover :lol

But of course being in NY you guys havent experienced anything like that. You guys have what Atlantic City :lol
Please. Your biggest party on NYE is at Disneyland. Weak sauce!

The Dream
04-26-2011, 02:57 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

the quality of trolling on this website truly reaches new heights during the post-season on this site........

trolling the ish out of:
first individual players,then teams, now we are @ cities, next some clown like joyner will troll the ish out of countries like Libya, because their TS% isn't as high as Durant's...

opps
04-26-2011, 02:59 AM
Please. Your biggest party on NYE is at Disneyland. Weak sauce!

LOL I just said we go to Vegas!!! And Vegas >>> NY for New Years.

But I'll end it on that note isnt it a little too late for you to be up repping NY isnt it like 3am there.

LA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NY IM DONE!!

Juice Willis
04-26-2011, 03:02 AM
LOL I just said we go to Vegas!!! And Vegas >>> NY for New Years.

But I'll end it on that note isnt it a little too late for you to be up repping NY isnt it like 3am there.

LA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NY IM DONE!!
Yeah... you gotta go OUTTA STATE for NYE. NY>>>>>>>>>>>>> LA

ReturnofJPR
04-26-2011, 03:18 AM
Yeah... you gotta go OUTTA STATE for NYE. NY<<<<<<<<<<<< LA

Finally, you agree that LA is greater than NY. Now STFU and go to bed.

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 03:21 AM
Yeah... you gotta go OUTTA STATE for NYE. NY<<<<<<<<<<<< LA

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Biggest fail I've seen in a while. You just said NY is under LA, which is true but definitely not what you intended lol dumba5s

ReturnofJPR
04-26-2011, 03:22 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Biggest fail I've seen in a while. You just said NY is under LA, which is true but definitely not what you intended lol dumba5s

I told you NY was filled with idiots who think they know it all.

Gallant
04-26-2011, 03:22 AM
I applaud Barkley for telling the truth and saying what a lot of us have always thought.

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 03:24 AM

Classic New Yorker:

:applause:

UwishUhadWall
04-26-2011, 03:33 AM
I'll put the DMV up against anywhere:

Durant
Beasley
Grant Hill
Rudy Gay
Dave Bing
David Robinson
Stevie Franchise
Elgin Baylor
Austin Carr
Adrian Dantly
Kermit Washington
Dennis Scott
Danny Ferry
Johnny Dawkins
Len Bias (RIP)
Etc

More than 100 NBA players.

First black player in NBA history--Earl Lloyd--is from here. Red Auerbach is from here. John Thompson. Morgan Wooten, the greatest high school coach in history is from here. The list goes on and on. Pretty damn impressive for a city with half a million and an entire area with a total of a few million.

http://www.dcbasketball.com/why-dc-basketball.php

christian1923
04-26-2011, 03:40 AM

Durant
Beasley
Iverson
Grant Hill
Rudy Gay
Dave Bing
David Robinson
Stevie Franchise
Elgin Baylor
Austin Carr
Adrian Dantly
Kermit Washington
Dennis Scott
Delonte West

etc

Michael Jordan (Brooklyn)
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Manhattan)
Carmelo Anthony (Manhattan)
Julius 'Dr J.' Erving (Roosevelt)
Bernard King (Brooklyn)
Billy Cunningham (Brooklyn)
Charlie Scott (Manhattan)
Elton Brand (Cortland)
Bob Lanier (Buffalo)
Stephon Marbury (Brooklyn)
Jamal Mashburn (Manhattan)
Nate 'Tiny' Archibald (Manhattan)
Bob Cousy (Manhattan)
Dolph Schayes (Manhattan)
Connie Hawkins (Brooklyn)
Lenny Wilkens (Brooklyn)
Ron Artest (Queensbridge)
Lamar Odom (Jamaica)
Tom Gugliota (Huntington Station)
Kenny Smith (Queens)
Kenny Anderson (Queens)
Christian Laettner (Angola)
Chris Mullin (Manhattan)
Vinnie Johnson (Brooklyn)
Sam Perkins (Brooklyn)
Max Zaslofsky (Brooklyn)
Rod Strickland (Bronx)
Clifford Robinson (Buffalo)

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 03:40 AM
Mecca of basketball? Look familiar? We ain't mad bro, we can go on vacation in our backyards while you have to fly and risk crashing into a building
That was a low blow but it was too good :roll:

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 03:42 AM

Durant
Beasley
Grant Hill
Rudy Gay
Dave Bing
David Robinson
Stevie Franchise
Elgin Baylor
Austin Carr
Adrian Dantly
Kermit Washington
Dennis Scott
Danny Ferry
Johnny Dawkins
Len Bias (RIP)
Etc

More than 100 NBA players.

First black player in NBA history--Earl Lloyd--is from here. Red Auerbach is from here. John Thompson. Morgan Wooten, the greatest high school coach in history is from here. The list goes on and on. Pretty damn impressive for a city with half a million and an entire area with a total of a few million.

http://www.dcbasketball.com/why-dc-basketball.php
NY's not even the best city in the Northeast!

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 03:44 AM
I told you NY was filled with idiots who think they know it all.
Oh I know I was the one that started the talk of New Yorkers being idiots in this thread.

11 pages later lol

UwishUhadWall
04-26-2011, 03:46 AM
NY's not even the best city in the Northeast!

I wouldn't really say DC is in the Northeast. It's kinda it's own thing. The barrier between the north and south, with influences from both.

But you're right. Look at dudes list. NYC, with 20 million people vs the DMV with a few million. I'll take it.

And that's not even including further south in the Hampton Roads area in Virginia with people like Iverson. (Though it's more football talent down there, Curry, Vick, Hall, etc)

And lol at him claiming MJ. Dude was still shitting his pants when he left NYC. I'm claiming people that are actually from here. Grew up here. Under that logic, Baltimore needs to start claiming 2Pac and tell the West Coast to back the **** off.

Sarcastic
04-26-2011, 03:56 AM
I wouldn't really say DC is in the Northeast. It's kinda it's own thing. The barrier between the north and south, with influences from both.

But you're right. Look at dudes list. NYC, with 20 million people vs the DMV with a few million. I'll take it.

And that's not even including further south in the Hampton Roads area in Virginia with people like Iverson. (Though it's more football talent down there, Curry, Vick, Hall, etc)

And lol at him claiming MJ. Dude was still shitting his pants when he left NYC. I'm claiming people that are actually from here. Grew up here. Under that logic, Baltimore needs to start claiming 2Pac and tell the West Coast to back the **** off.

2Pac was born in NY, not Baltimore.

UwishUhadWall
04-26-2011, 03:58 AM
2Pac was born in NY, not Baltimore.

Even better. They can claim him and MJ together. Double the laughs.

(He did grow up in Baltimore though)

Sarcastic
04-26-2011, 04:01 AM
Even better. They can claim him and MJ together. Double the laughs.

(He did grow up in Baltimore though)

I would say that 2Pac living the first 15 years of his life in NY would make him a New Yorker. He died at the age of 25, so 60% of his life was spent in NY.

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 04:02 AM
I've lost count of how many times Pac has said things along the lines of fck New York, fck New York rappers, fck people down with New York, fck the whole east coast. you can't claim 2Pac at all.

Sarcastic
04-26-2011, 04:03 AM
I've lost count of how many times Pac has said things along the lines of fck New York, fck New York rappers, fck people down with New York, fck the whole east coast. you can't claim 2Pac at all.

So if I were to say fck NY, and move out to LA, I would cease to be a New Yorker?

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 04:03 AM
2Pac grew up in Baltimore...

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 04:04 AM
So if I were to say fck NY, and move out to LA, I would cease to be a New Yorker?
New York would lose the right to claim you.

Sarcastic
04-26-2011, 04:07 AM

It's not about claiming rights. It's about where a person is born. You can't change where you're born just because you don't like it.

MayCeltics
04-26-2011, 04:07 AM

Lets have a Draft. Settle this argument once and for all.

UwishUhadWall
04-26-2011, 04:08 AM
Well MJ or not, I'll still put the DC area up against the mighty NYC. Seriously, you all ain't all that. I love NY as a city but it's got some of the most annoying people I've ever met in life.

Sarcastic
04-26-2011, 04:08 AM
2Pac grew up in Baltimore...

He only spent a few years in Baltimore, then he moved to Cali. The majority of his life was spent in NY. Facts are facts. Just cuz he made money and songs saying fck NY doesn't mean he isn't from NY.

bl2k8
04-26-2011, 04:11 AM
He only spent a few years in Baltimore, then he moved to Cali. The majority of his life was spent in NY. Facts are facts. Just cuz he made money and songs saying fck NY doesn't mean he isn't from NY.
He is from there but Pac considered his home to be Oakland

UwishUhadWall
04-26-2011, 04:13 AM
So then Tupac is an East Coast rapper?

Sarcastic
04-26-2011, 04:15 AM

No, I am not saying that. He was born on the east coast, then moved out west, and became a west coast rapper.

As the saying goes, it's not where you're from it's where you're at.

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 04:15 AM
It's not about claiming rights. It's about where a person is born. You can't change where you're born just because you don't like it.
Tupac was born there. He isn't a New Yorker in any other way.

I know a kid who's family had to live in Japan for a year for work and he ended up being born there. He left before he was even 1 and hasn't gone back once. Is he Japanese? FVCK NO

I was born in Utah and haven't lived there since my family was a few weeks old. Should I be considered a Utah native? FVCK NO

My Grandpa died when he was on vacation in the Dominican Republic. Did he die a Dominican? FVCK NO

Seriously your life is infinitely more important than your place of birth or death fvcking idiot

MayCeltics
04-26-2011, 04:16 AM

East Coast/West Coast shit is media creation. Tupac is native new yorker. But he made a name of himself in Cali.

MayCeltics
04-26-2011, 04:18 AM

I know a kid who's family had to live in Japan for a year for work and he ended up being born there. He left before he was even 1 and hasn't gone back once. Is he Japanese? FVCK NO

I was born in Utah and haven't lived there since my family was a few weeks old. Should I be considered a Utah native? FVCK NO

My Grandpa died when he was on vacation in the Dominican Republic. Did he die a Dominican? FVCK NO

Seriously your life is infinitely more important than your place of birth or death fvcking idiot

do you happen to be this guy in the video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts0lx8-fYiA

Sarcastic
04-26-2011, 04:21 AM

Where you are born is a very important thing. Why do you think all these birthers make such a big shit over where Obama was born. Him being born in Hawaii is a very big deal. If he weren't born on American soil, and were really born in Kenya or where ever, he wouldn't be able to be president.

You can think place of birth is totally irrelevant, but in actuality it is very important.

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 04:23 AM
do you happen to be this guy in the video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts0lx8-fYiA
Not at all lol

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 04:30 AM
So now place of birth is important because the Constitution made a measure against the possibility of a President with an agenda for a different country?

The percentage of people who run for President in the United States is so minuscule that it is irrelevant. The fact that it matters where those few people are born is irrelevant compared to the other 99.99999999% of the world's population.

MayCeltics
04-26-2011, 04:40 AM
Not at all lol

I know. :oldlol:

niko
04-26-2011, 08:07 AM
Chuck at beginning of season: The Knicks are not even a playoff team. The Nets are better. Kenny, the Nets are better. THey will win more games. PERIOD.

He's a hater. I have no idea why. When he comes on in NY they laugh because they know he's going to skewer the Knicks. When the Knicks win, he skewers the other team and it's like NY didn't even play.

the_wise_one
04-26-2011, 08:23 AM
WOW, chuck is a hater

No he's not. He's totally correct.
****ing NYC thinks they can ball - they just suck ass.

RainierBeachPoet
04-26-2011, 08:25 AM
because it is so compact, there are probably more serious ballers in almost any ten given blocks than any other city-- it is packed.

because of all the talent there, it could be called a mecca, but historically it is because of the NY Renaissance and the history that NYC is referred in this way

kentatm
04-26-2011, 09:32 AM

you had better damn well have a packed arena of 20k when your team is in a metro area of nearly 19 million people.

Chuck is right. NYC is way overrated when it comes to basketball.

KevinNYC
04-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Brooklyn has been part of New York City since 1898.

bagelred
04-26-2011, 09:43 AM
you had better damn well have a packed arena of 20k when your team is in a metro area of nearly 19 million people.

It's the opposite. There are so many forms of entertaintment, distraction, things to do in NY....that sports can easily get lost in the mix.

Look at the Nets. The Nets are in the same Tri-State area, with 20 million people...and NO ONE goes to the games.

In smaller cities, the sports team IS the entertainment. That's why everyone goes there. The entire city rallies around that team and venue. there aren't hundreds of other things to do.

Not being demeaning or anything, but true.

Chuck just doesn't like D'Antoni style ball. No secret.

kentatm
04-26-2011, 09:45 AM
It's the opposite. There are so many forms of entertaintment, distraction, things to do in NY....that sports can easily get lost in the mix.

In smaller cities, the sports team IS the entertainment. That's why everyone goes there. The entire city rallies around that team and venue. there aren't hundreds of other things to do.

Not being demeaning or anything, but true.

Chuck just doesn't like D'Antoni style ball. No secret.

oh thats bullshit.

its still 19 million people.

there is no excuse for an arena to not be full with that many people in the area.

the Nets cant blame anyone but themselves for their issues.

bagelred
04-26-2011, 09:46 AM
oh thats bullshit.

its still 19 million people.

there is no excuse for an arena to not be full with that many people in the area.
:rolleyes:

KevinNYC
04-26-2011, 09:58 AM

How is that domination if you have two groups that are each around 10%.

The hispanic population is just over a quarter and the black population is just over a quarter, so more than either Jews or Italians.

From Wikipedia
The nine largest ethnic groups as of the 2005 census estimates are: African, Puerto Ricans, Italians, West Indians, Dominicans, Chinese, Irish, Russian, and German.

KevinNYC
04-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Dangerous as hell

Is Larry Bird still in the league?

link (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6970076.ece)

Serious crime, such as murder, rape, assault, burglary, robbery and larceny, fell in the city for the 19th consecutive year despite predictions that the recession would force people to turn to crime................The FBI crime figures showed that New York had the lowest crime rate of the 25 biggest US cities, with 1,151 crimes per 100,000 people.

JohnnySic
04-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Anyone who doesn't like NYC probably just doesn't like cities.

KevinNYC
04-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Red Auerbach is from here.

Red Auerbach grew up in Brooklyn before he went to college in DC. He was Second Team All-Brooklyn his senior year.

wang4three
04-26-2011, 10:16 AM
NY = #1. And I'm not a Knick fan.

magmo68
04-26-2011, 10:50 AM
WOW, chuck is a hater
I agree %100:cheers:

PowerGlove
04-26-2011, 10:55 AM
WTF? Or they just dont like NYC?

This is the kind of stuff that makes me say, come on.
Maybe they like cities nestled in a forest(Atlanta), with beautiful beaches and weather(LA/Miami/San Diego) ....there are many things that make cities different, I dont know how you can say that.

nosfan773
04-26-2011, 11:16 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lE8tUR-qWGU/SLJDQiFJnLI/AAAAAAAAA48/jLYtsrHV5dM/s400/new-yorkers-map-america.jpg

PowerGlove
04-26-2011, 11:18 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lE8tUR-qWGU/SLJDQiFJnLI/AAAAAAAAA48/jLYtsrHV5dM/s400/new-yorkers-map-america.jpg
:roll:

One mistake though, Florida should be the retirement home.

nosfan773
04-26-2011, 11:20 AM

good point

ReturnofJPR
04-26-2011, 11:42 AM
How is that domination if you have two groups that are each around 10%.

The hispanic population is just over a quarter and the black population is just over a quarter, so more than either Jews or Italians.

From Wikipedia
The nine largest ethnic groups as of the 2005 census estimates are: African, Puerto Ricans, Italians, West Indians, Dominicans, Chinese, Irish, Russian, and German.

Because NYC is home to the largest Italian population outside of Italy and the largest Jewish population outside of Israel. Considering their population in the world given to NYC, it is dominant. And both groups have dark hair, dark eyes. So then you mix in the hispanics and blacks and every where you look in NYC you only see people with dark hair and brown eyes...boring!

I'm pretty sure the reason as to why people do not like NYC has everything to do with the quality, or lack there of, of people that inhabit the city.

KevinNYC
04-26-2011, 11:49 AM
Because NYC is home to the largest Italian population outside of Italy and the largest Jewish population outside of Israel. Considering their population in the world given to NYC, it is dominant.

Again 10% of the population is not dominance

[QUOTE=And both groups have dark hair, dark eyes. So then you mix in the hispanics and blacks and every where you look in NYC you only see people with dark hair and brown eyes...boring![/QUOTE]

Ah yes, the dark hair, brown eyes dominance, yeah, I guess that could really wear on you.

If you have a blonde fetish, it's not the best city for you, perhaps you should try phoenix, though of course, there are plenty of blondes.

Where are you from? Because you have this made up fantasy of NYC in your head.

Personally, I'm blonde with blue eyes and a red beard and brooklyn born.

herschel4heisman
04-26-2011, 11:52 AM
I moved up to NY from Atlanta 6 years ago. In terms of living in a city, NY is my favorite city in the US. However from a basketball point of view, NY is highly overrated and living off of past lore. I read an article (link below) in the Wall Street Journal last November about the decline of basketball (high school, college and the NBA) in NYC. In it, they interviewed several people who have been around NYC basketball and they all reached the same conclusion. NYC isn't the mecca anymore. Here's an excerpt:

New York nurtured so many residents to stardom they could support an entire wing in the Basketball Hall of Fame.

Against such a backdrop, the current state of New York basketball is appalling. The Knicks haven't won a playoff game in a decade and have endured nine consecutive losing seasons despite one of the highest payrolls in the NBA. While the Knicks bumped along the bottom, local colleges lost legions of fans by fielding unattractive and unsuccessful teams.

Not since 2006 has a team from the metropolitan area so much as qualified for the postseason NCAA tournament, let alone won a game, which last happened in 2004. Of perhaps greater significance, the city hasn't produced a consensus first-team All-American since 1993 when Jamal Mashburn, the University of Kentucky forward from Cardinal Hayes High School, was so honored. Almost as astonishing is the fact that no player born and raised in New York has been elected to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame since 1996, and that individual was a woman, Nancy Lieberman. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, who was Lew Alcindor when he played high-school ball at Power Memorial in the city, was inducted the previous year.

New York, said Tom Konchalski, the most respected evaluator of basketball talent in the area, "is not the Mecca of basketball any more." His isn't a solitary opinion. "What New York has lost, the rest of the country has gained," noted Gary Charles, director of the New York Panthers, a summer-league program that has enrolled some of New York's most talented youngsters for the past two decades. "You see teams from Florida or Texas where it used to be just football. Is New York still the king? It could be Washington, D.C., one year, Chicago the next."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704700204575643331349254958.html?m od=wsj_share_twitter

KevinNYC

Actually there's several mistakes, the main one is the entire State of New York should not be the same color, because it's not what someone from the five boroughs considers New York, anywhere north of the Bronx border is considered "upstate."

Go Getter
-The best pro ball is not in NY.
-The best college ball is not in NY.
-The best streetball MIGHT be played in NY but when they come to tourneys in Chicago they get beat.

-They don't produce the best PG's anymore, and no one really cares about the Rucker like that anymore.

I agree with Chuck.

Mach_3
04-26-2011, 11:55 AM

Great comeback.

1) Weather
2) Living Space
3) Colleges
4) Women
5) Beaches
6) Basketball

I dont even care what yall are arguing about but this is just absolutely wrong

Clutch
04-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Chuck is still mad because the Knicks swept his ass in the 1st round of playoffs 1989 :lol

Go Getter
04-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Chuck is still mad because the Knicks swept his ass in the 1st round of playoffs 1989 :lol

Ain't nobody mad at the Knicks sorry ass franchise man be real.:lol

macpierce
04-26-2011, 12:18 PM
this thread sucks :violin:

GreatHILL
04-26-2011, 12:22 PM
i agree with barkley new york is trash

niko
04-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Because NYC is home to the largest Italian population outside of Italy and the largest Jewish population outside of Israel. Considering their population in the world given to NYC, it is dominant. And both groups have dark hair, dark eyes. So then you mix in the hispanics and blacks and every where you look in NYC you only see people with dark hair and brown eyes...boring!

I'm pretty sure the reason as to why people do not like NYC has everything to do with the quality, or lack there of, of people that inhabit the city.
No, it's jealousy. It's like when an ugly girl sees a hot girl she says "i'm sure she's dumb, or a *****. She's a low person."

And the Hot girl doesn't even notice the ugly girl. You jealous people - you're the ugly girls.

saying NYC has "terrible" people is ridiculous, we are so not homogenous, we are a collection of like 27 billion different kinds of people. Chances are if everyone here sucks then you suck because probably a pct of the population is just like you.

KevinNYC
04-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Almost as astonishing is the fact that no player born and raised in New York has been elected to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame since 1996, and that individual was a woman, Nancy Lieberman. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, who was Lew Alcindor when he played high-school ball at Power Memorial in the city, was inducted the previous year.

That WSJ article is pretty much true. Starbury was probably last really heralded New Yorker. The article was also written before this year's HoF inductees were announced which included NYC's Chris Mullin

niko
04-26-2011, 12:33 PM

People who say that are either intellectuals who never actually went there or out of towners who think they are too cool and know better. It used to be hookers, sex shops and drug addicts. It was dangerous as ****. NO ONE went there. People are so full of shit, i've met rich people who say "it had more character" even though there is not a chance in hell they'd be there mixing with the characters that were there.

TOTAL BULLSHIT. That sentence invalidates every other thing you say. It's ridiculous. "I miss the old days when it had character and crackheads".

And btw i spent a lot of my time in other cities. I LOVE Tokyo. I LOVE London. Vienna is probably my all time favorite city. Hearing anyone say one of those cities suck would probably be ridiculous to 95% of you. But NY sucks? Please...jealously is so unbecoming...

Go Getter
04-26-2011, 12:36 PM
People who say that are either intellectuals who never actually went there or out of towners who think they are too cool and know better. It used to be hookers, sex shops and drug addicts. It was dangerous as ****. NO ONE went there. People are so full of shit, i've met rich people who say "it had more character" even though there is not a chance in hell they'd be there mixing with the characters that were there.

TOTAL BULLSHIT. That sentence invalidates every other thing you say. It's ridiculous. "I miss the old days when it had character and crackheads".

And btw i spent a lot of my time in other cities. I LOVE Tokyo. I LOVE London. Vienna is probably my all time favorite city. Hearing anyone say one of those cities suck would probably be ridiculous to 95% of you. But NY sucks? Please...jealously is so unbecoming...

My step dad is from Brooklyn, and I have a lot of friends in Chicago that are from NY. I'm not saying it sucks, but it is mad overrated...not everyone likes the flavor of the city and that's not hate that's just the way it is.

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 12:37 PM
:applause:

KevinNYC
04-26-2011, 12:39 PM

It is pretty wierd to say NY is too dirty today and then pine for Old Times Square.

But this is also false
It was dangerous as ****. NO ONE went there.

It was a teenage rite of passage to go there. My brother and I were just discussing this weekend about going there at maybe 14-15 years old to get fake ids so we could buy beer underage.

Also somewhere in the thread someone mentioned taxis being dirty. I don't remember the last time I got in a taxi and it was dirty.

jlip
04-26-2011, 12:40 PM
So this is basically a LA vs NYC thread with a little of Chicago thrown in the middle.

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 12:42 PM
-The best pro ball is not in NY.
-The best college ball is not in NY.
-The best streetball MIGHT be played in NY but when they come to tourneys in Chicago they get beat.

-They don't produce the best PG's anymore, and no one really cares about the Rucker like that anymore.

I agree with Chuck.
Not the best streetball, just the most. And that is only because they have such a big population.

Great post though.

Hotlantadude81
04-26-2011, 12:43 PM
He is right. More hype than anything.

There is a reason you don't see me rag on teams like SA, Boston and LA that often. They've earned the hype they get. The Knicks? So far, they've got two stars and a mediocre team. I think atleast some of the "haters" (Can we ban that word please?) will let up if they ever get around to living up to their hype.

kentatm
04-26-2011, 12:44 PM

NYC rocks. Its one of the few places in the US I would consider leaving Texas for.

I was pretty young when Times Square was full of sex shops and strip clubs. It for sure had character but I agree that most people pining for it would not have ever gone down there.

but again, Chuck is right about it being overrated basketball wise.

heyhey
04-26-2011, 12:46 PM
I agree. The Knicks honestly haven't done much of shit while they've had the Knickerbockers. But people need to understand it still is the biggest stage to play for in the country. New York is the biggest and best city in the country, and one of the top cities in the world. Who wouldn't want to play for them. Or in Eddy Curry's place, be on the team, not play for them and get New York pizza half the season.

basketball in nyc means much more than just the Knicks. The game has a tradition in the city that far succeeds NBA

real post. time square is more touristy now because how safe the city has become. But there are some people who can legitimately complain about gentrification, like the people who are getting priced out of harlem etc.

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 12:47 PM
No, it's jealousy. It's like when an ugly girl sees a hot girl she says "i'm sure she's dumb, or a *****. She's a low person."

And the Hot girl doesn't even notice the ugly girl. You jealous people - you're the ugly girls.

saying NYC has "terrible" people is ridiculous, we are so not homogenous, we are a collection of like 27 billion different kinds of people. Chances are if everyone here sucks then you suck because probably a pct of the population is just like you.
I don't think anyone in here is jealous of New York :facepalm
The people who have seen the outside of the city all agree that they don't want to live there. Why would we be jealous?

Go Getter
04-26-2011, 12:48 PM
Not the best streetball, just the most. And that is only because they have such a big population.

Great post though.

I was giving NY the benefit of the doubt since I am biased towards Chicago.

When the AND1 cats come to Chicago they ALWAYS get beat because Chicago's style is gritty and tough and not too concerned with flash (the one game I saw they were playing hard and not trying too many tricks).

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 12:48 PM
"haters" (Can we ban that word please?)
I'm down lol

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 12:50 PM

Haha New Yorkers retire as fast as possible so they can get the fck out of their rathole and go to Florida where it's warm and people are sane.

niko
04-26-2011, 12:50 PM
I don't think anyone in here is jealous of New York :facepalm
The people who have seen the outside of the city all agree that they don't want to live there. Why would we be jealous?
im responding to the people who said it SUCKS. it does not SUCK. im not saying everyone should want to be here. im not saying everyone should acknowledge we are great. but if you look at the criticism, it's NY SUCKS, ITS TERRIBLE, ALL THE PEOPLE ARE AWFUL, etc. Let's be real. if you live in a 20 person town and people say it sucks, you can disagree but you get the argument. if you are saying the largest city int he world which has a foot in almost every single thing "sucks" universally i think that carries a lot less weight.

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 12:51 PM
im responding to the people who said it SUCKS. it does not SUCK. im not saying everyone should want to be here. im not saying everyone should acknowledge we are great. but if you look at the criticism, it's NY SUCKS, ITS TERRIBLE, ALL THE PEOPLE ARE AWFUL, etc. Let's be real. if you live in a 20 person town and people say it sucks, you can disagree but you get the argument. if you are saying the largest city int he world which has a foot in almost every single thing "sucks" universally i think that carries a lot less weight.
Fair enough.

KevinNYC
04-26-2011, 01:00 PM
My step dad is from Brooklyn, and I have a lot of friends in Chicago that are from NY. I'm not saying it sucks, but it is mad overrated...not everyone likes the flavor of the city and that's not hate that's just the way it is.

I have no problem with this. To each their own. Some folks have this need to go overboard because they don't like it and push misinformation and myths and irrational hate. NYC is definitely going to be too crowded and noisy for a lot of folks and the rents are going to be high. But the high rents are due to the fact that so many people want to live here. And there's reasons that they want to live here.

Fact is, we're not too concerned what other folks think of us, we're too busy wearing our animated T-shirts and having B-boy dance concerts on rooftops (http://vimeo.com/221693) 1:50 in. "Wind it up now"

dak121
04-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Just wanted to say that this has been the most entertaining thread I have read in a long time.

From a life-long "fly-over country" resident.

Go Getter
04-26-2011, 01:17 PM
I have no problem with this. To each their own. Some folks have this need to go overboard because they don't like it and push misinformation and myths and irrational hate. NYC is definitely going to be too crowded and noisy for a lot of folks and the rents are going to be high. But the high rents are due to the fact that so many people want to live here. And there's reasons that they want to live here.

Fact is, we're not too concerned what other folks think of us, we're too busy wearing our animated T-shirts and having B-boy dance concerts on rooftops (http://vimeo.com/221693) 1:50 in. "Wind it up now"

I think non-New Yorkers, bandwagon foreigners with NY Yankees hats, and youngsters that live in lame areas and want to move to NY like an attention (or drama starved) puppy make it overrated.

People from NY that I meet don't overhype it. Others do (imo). It's just like how people treat Chicago.

I talk it up now because I moved away but it's normal, regular...nothing too special when you live there...it's just home.

christian1923
04-26-2011, 01:35 PM
Only thing LA has over NY is nipsey hussle haha BEST RAPPER OUT RIGHT NOW!

opps
04-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Only thing LA has over NY is nipsey hussle haha BEST RAPPER OUT RIGHT NOW!

What hot NEW rap artist has NY produced recently?

We have Kendrick Lamar, Oddfuture, Nipsey, The Game. The New York rap scene has been dead for years lol. U guys have lame 106 and park battle rappers :lol

Numero 10
04-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Damn its still going? lol

The new york rap scene isnt' what it use to be.

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 02:29 PM
I'll take Andre Nickatina over any New York rapper right now.

christian1923
04-26-2011, 02:38 PM
What hot NEW rap artist has NY produced recently?

We have Kendrick Lamar, Oddfuture, Nipsey, The Game. The New York rap scene has been dead for years lol. U guys have lame 106 and park battle rappers :lol

Im not saying New York Rap is better. im just saying the only thing i want from Cali is nipsey and the cat daddy. haha and yeahh its hard to blow up being poor kids from the bronx queens and brooklyn, its hard to even blow up in basketball when u dont have money and u cant pay for camps and expensive ass club ball, thats why new yorkers make such a big deal when any body lik Telfair, marbury, or kemba walker make it out the hood.

christian1923
04-26-2011, 02:39 PM
I'll take Andre Nickatina over any New York rapper right now.
over jay-z? lol

Dudley
04-26-2011, 02:49 PM
New York has Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks, Jadakiss, Maino and shitloads of good rappers that I can't think of right now!

christian1923
04-26-2011, 02:55 PM
New York has Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks, Jadakiss, Maino and shitloads of good rappers that I can't think of right now!

+ waka flocka flame was born in queens

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 02:56 PM
over jay-z? lol
Jay's words "If you want my old sht buy my old album" pretty much sum up his career. He was a good rapper at first and people want more stuff like he did at first, but now all he cares about is satisfying the mainstream to make more money and the quality of his music has declined tremendously.

I liked Biggie a lot but he's dead :(

50 Cent was decent before he started trying to target the mainstream audience but since then he's fallen off even worse than Jay-Z.

Nas was great but hasn't made anything close to what he did in Illmatic or even It Was Written.

Immortal Technique is a beast but needs to calm down with the conspiracy theories.

So yea I can think of four and half good New York rappers, but one is dead, ones career is dead, one never had a great career, and the other one and a half gave up making good music.

This topic is so far off of discussing the NBA now lol

ReturnofJPR
04-26-2011, 02:58 PM

Jealousy is something 9 year old little girls with very little logic rely on. Thus, you are relying on it. Many people prefer the old times square. The way that it was. You don't. Who cares about your preferences? People liked seeing the tags on everyone one of the pay phones, walls, and what have you. Some tourists loved seeing that. They couldn't find it anywhere else in the world. That was unique and that was character whether you agree with it or not.

And the bottomline is that anyone from anywhere in the world will tell you that New Yorkers are seen as loudmouthed, overbearing jerks. Ye Tawkin to me? New York and class goes together like flowers and a pile of sh!t.

You just have to face the facts that millions of people around the globe do not like New York and they certainly do not like the pompous pretenders who call it home. NYC has one of the lowest qualities of life and it is never mentioned on lists of places to live because of everything that it has stacked up against it (Crime, Traffic, Weather, Quality of Life, People, etc.)

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Banks has a few songs that sound good but he can't rhyme or make good lyrics for his life.

Jadakiss was good I forgot about him.

Maino only has a few good songs imo.

christian1923
04-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Banks has a few songs that sound good but he can't rhyme or make good lyrics for his life.

Jadakiss was good I forgot about him.

Maino only has a few good songs imo.

Ya westcoast rap is probably better now, but where was it this past decade? haha Nipsey is bringing it back tho

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 03:01 PM
+ waka flocka flame was born in queens
Waka sucks he sells music to kids who are going through puberty and are horny as fck so they like to hear about "bottoms" lol

Sarcastic
04-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Jealousy is something 9 year old little girls with very little logic rely on. Thus, you are relying on it. Many people prefer the old times square. The way that it was. You don't. Who cares about your preferences? People liked seeing the tags on everyone one of the pay phones, walls, and what have you. That was unique and that was character whether you agree with it or not because your opinion does not matter.

And the bottomline is that anyone from anywhere in the world will tell you that New Yorkers are seen as loudmouthed, overbearing jerks. Ye Tawkin to me? New York and class goes together like flowers and a pile of sh!t.

You just have to face the facts that millions of people around the globe do not like New York and they certainly do not like the pompous pretenders who call it home. NYC has one of the lowest qualities of life and it is never mentioned on lists of places to live because of everything that it has stacked up against it (Crime, Traffic, Weather, Quality of Life, People, etc.)

Despite all that, NYC somehow remains the most populated and one of the most visited cities in the US.:rolleyes:

christian1923
04-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Waka sucks he sells music to kids who are going through puberty and are horny as fck so they like to hear about "bottoms" lol

actually it sells to hood ****** lol

ICanDunk
04-26-2011, 03:08 PM
actually it sells to hood ****** lol
Retarded ****** who think they're "hood"

christian1923
04-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Retarded ****** who think they're "hood"

i guess lol hes doin his thing tho and alot of people like him, he's not a reall rapper, he has his one way of doin music and ppl lik it

Sicknote
04-26-2011, 03:45 PM

Most retarded statement I've read in a long time.

ReturnofJPR
04-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Most retarded statement I've read in a long time.

It's the truth. When you mostly have Blacks, Hispanics, Italians, and Jews...just dark hair and brown eyes...boring!!!