PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Playoffs second round preview of Lakers vs Mavericks

R.H.C.P.
04-29-2011, 01:21 AM
Finally for the very first time we'll see Kobe vs. Dirk in a playoff series. :rockon:

Any update on Caron Butler? Will he play in this series?

Predictions?

I got Lakers in 6. I don't think Terry will be as effective as he was against the Blazers...and Kidd won't be able to continue his 3 point hot streak. Also, I think Odom will average 15&10.

ChrisKreager
04-29-2011, 01:25 AM
Mavericks in 6.

Don't trust the Laker bench. The L.A. starting five can't do it all on their own- Mavs are deeper in reserve. They have proven to be highly vulnerable at times.

t-rex
04-29-2011, 01:25 AM
First game is Monday night at 10:30 on TNT.

This is the first time the Mavs and Lakers have met in the playoffs since the WCF in 1987!

Does anyone remember the team of Derek Harper, Rolando Blackman, Sam Perkins, Sam Donaldson and Mark Aguire?

How about Roy Tarpley coming off the bench?

I can't believe I remembered that team off the top of my head. :oldlol:

TaLvsCuaL
04-29-2011, 01:28 AM
Lakers in 6.

Pau step up their game.

Barea and Terry will have a starring role.

Chandler will foul trouble every game.

Bynum will have a lesser role and Odom will grow.

Kurosawa0
04-29-2011, 01:28 AM
What really kills Dallas is that Dirk and Gasol are fairly even. For Dallas to win the series Dirk would have to be, by a wide margin, the best player and I think he'll simply break even with the Lakers' second best player (maybe even third).

Jason Kidd and Derek Fisher is a bit of a wash, but the real intriguing match up might be DeShawn Stevenson vs. Kobe. Trevor Ariza did a really nice job on Kobe and I think Stevenson could give Kobe similar problems.

Dallas really needs a second scorer and it's what makes not having Caron Butler so costly.

I've got Lakers in 6.

creepingdeath
04-29-2011, 01:29 AM
Finally a Dirk vs Kobe matchup... a shame this didn't happen when they were at their peaks!

macpierce
04-29-2011, 01:30 AM
prime kobe would avg 40 in a series against dallas :oldlol:
30 would be enough

Rambis
04-29-2011, 01:32 AM
Mavericks in 6.

Don't trust the Laker bench. The L.A. starting five can't do it all on their own- Mavs are deeper in reserve. They have proven to be highly vulnerable at times.

I think this is a joke. Laker bench looked pretty good and getting hot in the last few games, especially defensively. Kidd vs. Fish, pretty much a wash. Kobe vs. Terry/whomever = huge LA advantage, Dirk vs. Odom, decent advantage Dirk, but not huge; Pau Gasol vs. Brendan Haywood/whomever = big advantage LA; Andrew Bynum vs. Tyson Chandler, big advantage (especially offensively) for Lakers

that's better at 3 starting positions, 1 tie (perhaps slight advantage Kidd - though Fisher's clutch shooting and D make it even to my mind), and Nowitzki who is Dallas' only advantage. We'll see, should be a good series, but I don't see how Dallas comes close to stacking up to the Lakers.

Lakers in 5.

creepingdeath
04-29-2011, 01:32 AM
prime kobe would avg 40 in a series against dallas :oldlol:
30 would be enough
In a series where Kobe has to average 40, LA is f*cked.

Bogus_Sting
04-29-2011, 01:33 AM
How about Roy Tarpley coming off the bench?

N!gga had mad game, even when he was smoking more crack than Glenn Beck!

ashbelly
04-29-2011, 01:34 AM
funniest shit is i can't call this series, i've never watched them play each other this season.. i guess chandler/haywood/dirk/terry are supposed to cancel out bynum/gasol/odom/kobe's production ???

Basketball Dirk
04-29-2011, 01:35 AM
What really kills Dallas is that Dirk and Gasol are fairly even. For Dallas to win the series Dirk would have to be, by a wide margin, the best player and I think he'll simply break even with the Lakers' second best player (maybe even third).

Jason Kidd and Derek Fisher is a bit of a wash, but the real intriguing match up might be DeShawn Stevenson vs. Kobe. Trevor Ariza did a really nice job on Kobe and I think Stevenson could give Kobe similar problems.

Dallas really needs a second scorer and it's what makes not having Caron Butler so costly.

I've got Lakers in 6.

Shawn Marion and Deshawn Stevenson are the ones who need to guard Kobe.

Shawn Marion actually does a pretty good job on him.

If Deshawn Stephenson gets burned, we could also try Corey Brewer.

His length and athleticism could bother him.

But honestly, I'm not worried about Kobe that much. The Mavericks have done a pretty good job on him in the last 2 seasons.

Bogus_Sting
04-29-2011, 01:40 AM
But honestly, I'm not worried about Kobe that much. The Mavericks have done a pretty good job on him in the last 2 seasons.

Brave call, but comon man? Its Kobe. Its Playoffs.

IGOTGAME
04-29-2011, 01:41 AM
Lakers in 6. They could win in 5 but this team always does things the hard way.

kentatm
04-29-2011, 01:42 AM

Brewer will not even be dressed now that Roddy is healthy.

Kiddlovesnets
04-29-2011, 01:42 AM
Lakers in 7.

Lebron23
04-29-2011, 01:49 AM
Mavericks in 7.

RUCKER
04-29-2011, 01:50 AM
Lakers don't have it in them. The new age has taken over the game. It's time you old timers move on now too. Your teams are as good as done.

The Miami Heat make every other team in the NBA look feeble. LeBron and Wade dont even have to try at this point. They're going to play straight street ball on these clowns on their way to winning a championship.

The Celtics and Lakers are basically running on fumes right now. While all these west teams will be going through back to back grueling 7-game series. The Heat are just going to sweep every team from here on out, and they'll be well rested up for the Finals. You heard it here first.

LeBron and D.Wade on fresh legs for the Finals? Kobe and the Lakers are done. Kobe's knees are already shot as it is, imagine what one of D.Wade's patented crossovers would do to them. I sense career ending caliber crossovers in Kobe's near future. The game has just evolved past them. prime Jordan or a prime Kobe wouldn't be able to compete with a LeBron or D.Wade. It's just a new generation. The next generation has already taken over. The Tim Duncan's, Kevin Garnett's and Kobe Bryant's of the world are irrelevant at this point, The Heat are the face of this youth takeover.

You can't stand the Heat GTFO the kitchen. It's a no contest as far as I'm concerned. There's not even a need for me to watch the NBA playoffs this year, I already know who's going to win. The Heat are that far ahead of the game. It's easy to them, and Boston is scared of a Heat team with developed chemistry. Kobe couldn't win the title this year even if the NBA allowed the Lakers to sign Dwight Howard as an unrestricted Free Agent. He could get added to the playoff roster tomorrow, and the Lakers still wouldn't stand a chance against the Heat in the Finals.

The Heat are going to completely ETHER every team they play from here on out. They aren't playing with these rookies. It's game time now, you old ass washed up veterans need to fall back and stop acting like they stand a chance against my Heat.

thomaspynchon
04-29-2011, 01:50 AM
Mavs in 6.

Dehsawn and Marion will absolutely lock up Kobe.

creepingdeath
04-29-2011, 01:52 AM
Mavs in 6.

Dehsawn and Marion will absolutely lock up Kobe.
Kobe is the least of our problem. That may sound foolish, but Kobe going for 25+ on mediocre efficiency will not be an issue. We can defend him rather well. It's Bynum/Odom/Gasol that worries me... a lot.

Bogus_Sting
04-29-2011, 01:52 AM
Lakers don't have it in them. The new age has taken over the game. It's time you old timers move on now too. Your teams are as good as done.

The Miami Heat make every other team in the NBA look feeble. LeBron and Wade dont even have to try at this point. They're going to play straight street ball on these clowns on their way to winning a championship.

The Celtics and Lakers are basically running on fumes right now. While all these west teams will be going through back to back grueling 7-game series. The Heat are just going to sweep every team from here on out, and they'll be well rested up for the Finals. You heard it here first.

LeBron and D.Wade on fresh legs for the Finals? Kobe and the Lakers are done. Kobe's knees are already shot as it is, imagine what one of D.Wade's patented crossovers would do to them. I sense career ending caliber crossovers in Kobe's near future. The game has just evolved past them. prime Jordan or a prime Kobe wouldn't be able to compete with a LeBron or D.Wade. It's just a new generation. The next generation has already taken over. The Tim Duncan's, Kevin Garnett's and Kobe Bryant's of the world are irrelevant at this point, The Heat are the face of this youth takeover.

You can't stand the Heat GTFO the kitchen. It's a no contest as far as I'm concerned. There's not even a need for me to watch the NBA playoffs this year, I already know who's going to win. The Heat are that far ahead of the game. It's easy to them, and Boston is scared of a Heat team with developed chemistry. Kobe couldn't win the title this year even if the NBA allowed the Lakers to sign Dwight Howard as an unrestricted Free Agent. He could get added to the playoff roster tomorrow, and the Lakers still wouldn't stand a chance against the Heat in the Finals.

The Heat are going to completely ETHER every team they play from here on out. They aren't playing with these rookies. It's game time now, you old ass washed up veterans need to fall back and stop acting like they stand a chance against my Heat.

Thats an interesting theory you got there.

Is that you, Glenn Beck?

crisoner
04-29-2011, 01:55 AM
Bring them on!!!

Lakers in 4!!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NI53-YNQ20I/TRibtPAG21I/AAAAAAAABKA/b5OpdHrR6v8/s1600/mavslogo_mlp.jpg

sbw19
04-29-2011, 01:56 AM
Whoever wins game 1 wins the series like 80% of the time right? Mavs better steal game 1. Not to mention Phil's record is 110% when his team wins game 1.

Colby Brian
04-29-2011, 01:57 AM
Lakers in 6

Pau Gasol will play way better than what he did vs NO
Andrew Bynum will get the boards
Kobe will average 30 ppg atleast, and 5 assists
Lakers got HCA, whens the last time they lost having HCA? 2004
Phil is 48-0 when his team wins game 1

chazzy
04-29-2011, 01:58 AM
i guess chandler/haywood/dirk/terry are supposed to cancel out bynum/gasol/odom/kobe's production ???
Might as well list both rosters and say they cancel each other out :lol

I don't really expect a huge series from Kobe given his injuries and the fact that he might not have that midget Roddy defending him. Marion does a good job on him and Chandler will contest him inside. Bynum dominated their frontline in Dallas and he's really the key.. gotta keep Chandler off the glass and punk Dirk if he gets to the rim. Gasol has to step it up and get healthy so he can check Dirk and make him work on the other end. They'll probably double off Artest so he has to continue playing well. Lakers in 6.

H.A.M.
04-29-2011, 02:01 AM
Finally for the very first time we'll see Kobe vs. Dirk in a playoff series. :rockon:

Any update on Caron Butler? Will he play in this series?

Predictions?

I got Lakers in 6. I don't think Terry will be as effective as he was against the Blazers...and Kidd won't be able to continue his 3 point hot streak. Also, I think Odom will average 15&10.

I predict a better than expected series going 7 games

Hulk Hogan
04-29-2011, 02:01 AM
Mavericks in 7.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Didn't you also say Hornets would beat LA after game one? :oldlol:

Eldrunko247
04-29-2011, 02:06 AM
Lakers in 5

IcanzIIravor
04-29-2011, 02:08 AM
Lakers in 5

LAClipsFan33
04-29-2011, 02:09 AM
Lakers in 5...maybe 6.

Lakers are going to steamroll these punks

thomaspynchon
04-29-2011, 02:10 AM
Kobe is the least of our problem. That may sound foolish, but Kobe going for 25+ on mediocre efficiency will not be an issue. We can defend him rather well. It's Bynum/Odom/Gasol that worries me... a lot.

Agree 100%. I am not worried about Kobe. he will do what he always does, take a ton of shots, miss most of them and play zero defense. My worry is Bynum, because he has too much girth for Chandler, and while Haywood can easily guard him, he's an offensive liability with his FT woes.

whoartthou
04-29-2011, 02:10 AM
lakers in 5 or maybe 6.. depending on how the lakers collectively play.

the combo of odom/gasol/bynum is going to really ass-rape mavs.

Yes lakers have kobe... but i think kobe isnt the main issue for the mavs.

Riddler
04-29-2011, 02:15 AM
MAVS in 5

We will lose Game 1 and then go on to win 4 straight.

OKCThunderUP
04-29-2011, 02:17 AM
MAVS in 5

We will lose Game 1 and then go on to win 4 straight.

lol

Lakers13
04-29-2011, 02:18 AM
Lakers in 5 or 6. Should be an exciting series tho

thomaspynchon
04-29-2011, 02:20 AM
lol

I love it that no one gives my Mavs any credit. They are a horrible matchup for the Lakers and you will see why. Lakers' backcourt is about to get reamed.

the_future02
04-29-2011, 02:21 AM
Barea and Jet are total liabilities on D. Better hope Beaubois and DeShawn can hit perimeter shots

thomaspynchon
04-29-2011, 02:22 AM
Barea and Jet are total liabilities on D. Better hope Beaubois and DeShawn can hit perimeter shots

This is a good point. But Kobe and Fisher are also liabilities...

B
04-29-2011, 02:22 AM
Lakers in 5. Mavericks suck on the road in the playoffs. This won't be pretty, Mavs don't have anyone that can exploit LA's greatest weakness in the back court. And they certainly don't have the beef to battle in the paint

OKCThunderUP
04-29-2011, 02:23 AM
I love it that no one gives my Mavs any credit. They are a horrible matchup for the Lakers and you will see why. Lakers' backcourt is about to get reamed.

It'll be a 7-game series. You're not giving LAL any credit if you think the Mavs win in 5 games and do it on a 4-straight win streak.

thomaspynchon
04-29-2011, 02:24 AM
It'll be a 7-game series. You're not giving LAL any credit if you think the Mavs win in 5 games and do it on a 4-straight win streak.

I said Mavericks in 6. I think they will go in and win game 1 convincingly and then win both games in Dallas and finish it off in Dallas.

Scoooter
04-29-2011, 02:27 AM
Dirk will play great, but the rest of the matchups go the LA. Lakers in...

...5. A close 5.

Colby Brian
04-29-2011, 02:27 AM
I said Mavericks in 6. I think they will go in and win game 1 convincingly and then win both games in Dallas and finish it off in Dallas.

:lol u better hope the mavs win game 1, because Phils teams are 48-0 after winning game 1, yeah you heard me 48-0!

Replay32
04-29-2011, 02:34 AM
The lakers in 5, especially if the mavs dumb coach puts kidd on artest. :facepalm The lakers frontline is just too skilled and big. Dallas will get worn down. The Mavs may be deeper, but it doesn't matter in the playoffs, cuz teams usually only go 7 or 8 deep anyway. Starters play more minutes if need be.

The lakers just have more big time clutch players and more skilled bigs.

gleden
04-29-2011, 02:38 AM
If Mavs bigs outplay Lakers bigs then they have a chance.

ImmortalD24
04-29-2011, 02:42 AM
I agree with Barkley... I have Dallas Mavericks in 6.

crisscutfries
04-29-2011, 02:43 AM
Lakers in 4, it's the Mavs guys c'mon lets not try to overrate them.

whoartthou
04-29-2011, 02:48 AM
:lol u better hope the mavs win game 1, because Phils teams are 48-0 after winning game 1, yeah you heard me 48-0!

Nothing to see here folks... mavs stand no chance

whoartthou
04-29-2011, 02:48 AM
I agree with Barkley... I have Dallas Mavericks in 6.

macpierce
04-29-2011, 02:50 AM
LA in 6 id say

Soothing Layup
04-29-2011, 03:03 AM
Whoever wins game 5 will win the series.

kentatm
04-29-2011, 03:29 AM

I highly doubt Bobo will see much time, if any, in this series.

kentatm
04-29-2011, 03:30 AM
I'll take Mavs in 7.

G-Funk
04-29-2011, 03:35 AM
Dirk plays no defense, never has never will, not even for single plays so im not worried about his D...Bynum will destroy Chandler. Kobe will destroy any SG they put on him and Fisher is still clutch!

DMAVS41
04-29-2011, 03:37 AM
If the Mavs had a healthy Bultler I actually think we would have a shot...a small one, but a puncher's chance.

I just don't see how we can match the bigs and Kobe. Kobe is going to be the best player in this series and Dirk is going to have to go against the trio of Gasol/Odom/Bynum.....with potentially Artest covering him at times. That is just brutal on both ends for him.

So I just don't give us much of a chance. But I've been wrong before....as recently as this Blazers series.

I'll go with Lakers in 5.

DMAVS41
04-29-2011, 03:39 AM
Dirk plays no defense, never has never will, not even for single plays so im not worried about his D...Bynum will destroy Chandler. Kobe will destroy any SG they put on him and Fisher is still clutch!

Thats a bit of a stretch actually. Gasol actually has struggled against Dirk for most of his career.

Dirk used to be a beast on the defensive boards in the playoffs as well. But his defense and rebounding has fallen off quite a bit this year though. The defense has always been his weak spot, but now its getting worse. Having to guard Gasol and then score on the other end is going to be really tough.

CrazyLond
04-29-2011, 04:18 AM
I think this is going to be a very good series. A lot of talent on that court. I will predict Lakers in 7.

1987_Lakers
04-29-2011, 04:24 AM
1988 WCF. Epic series.:bowdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOqjGCO3RpM

Unknown Fact: The Lakers almost traded James Worthy for Mark Aguirre & Roy Tarpley before the 86-87 season.

madmax
04-29-2011, 04:53 AM
Dallas in 6...they are playing very well right now and they look to me like the best team in the West actually. They will split two games in LA and then hold HCA throughout the series. So unless Kobrick Cryant acquires a youth elixyr and starts averaging 40 ppg on good percentages, Fakers don't stand a chance otherwise.

1987_Lakers
04-29-2011, 04:54 AM
I just don't see any scenarios in which the Mavs could win this series when I look at the matchups. Mavs don't have anyone who can exploit the Lakers #1 weakness which is a fast penetrating point guard. Dallas' perimeter players are just shooters, they don't drive to the hoop alot. Also, the big men of the Lakers are going to give the Mavs huge problems just like they give problems to other teams. Tyson Chandler is going to have his hands full. And I didn't even mention that the Lakers have the perfect defenders to put on Dirk. Artest can defend Dirk, Dirk can't back down Artest because of Ron's strength & he has the speed to keep up with Dirk. Dirk has also had trouble when Odom defended him in the past, Odom has the speed & the length to guard Dirk on the perimeter.

Lakers in 5 or 6.

1987_Lakers
04-29-2011, 05:05 AM
I'm surprised at the amount of people who picked the Mavs to win, it's not impossible for them to pull it off, but Dallas matches up horrible vs the Lakers.

FadeAwayJ13
04-29-2011, 05:20 AM
I'm honestly excited for the Dirk and Pau matchup. There will be so much marshmallowlly softness and flailing... it will be absolutely delightful.

http://photos2.fotosearch.com/bthumb/GLW/GLW005/gws27586364.jpg

hammer2010
04-29-2011, 05:24 AM
I'm honestly excited for the Dirk and Pau matchup. There will be so much marshmallowlly softness and flailing... it will be absolutely delightful.

:oldlol: So true, btw who do you think will replace Michael Scott?

alenleomessi
04-29-2011, 05:29 AM
This is probably the only series in the entire playoffs that i wont cheer for anyone, that means it will be the best to watch

Lakers in 7

EricGordon23
04-29-2011, 05:32 AM
Dirk is taking them lakers down!

crosso√er
04-29-2011, 06:14 AM
I'm surprised at the amount of people who picked the Mavs to win, it's not impossible for them to pull it off, but Dallas matches up horrible vs the Lakers.

:rolleyes: More then 50% of non-Laker fans literally are picking Dallas...but then again, why am I not surprised by this retarded forum?

The biggest disadvantage Dallas has is their constant trash talking with the Lakers; LA have not once came out and said anything about Dallas. Yet we have Cuban making remarks regarding Phil "He's the boss's daughter play toy"; Terry making remarks about how his team is looking past LA and how he's not worried about them at all.

These words will come to bite them in the ass. Dallas are a jump shooting team; they literally only have Tyson Chandler as their only low post presence and he doesn't exactly look to score. LA's defense is as good as it gets; they can be as dominant as any team in this league when they attempt to play defense. Their only real problems is guarding the PG; Kidd is too old to dominant this series so a lot will depend on how well Barea plays.

If that's the case, what's not to like if you're a Laker fan?
I see LA winning in 5 or 6 games; if Dallas shoots well, it can be stretched to game seven. It's hard for me to imagine LA won't be up for this series considering all the trash the Dallas organization were spewing this past regular season about the Lakers.

Perfect opportunity for payback, I hope the Staples crowd actually gives us a home-court advantage in this round; they were absolutely pitiful in round 1.

Go LakeShow, we got the matchup we wanted now it's time to cut their throats. ****ing hate Dallas and that entire organization.

crosso√er
04-29-2011, 06:20 AM

And you're giving way too much credit to Dallas... :rolleyes:
I think you all seen what happens to Dallas when LA are motivated? They beat their asses in their own building and then literally ass raped them at Staples.

By the way, that was AFTER Terry made his remark about LA.
I just want LA to come out from the get-go and just punish this team; a sweep is definitely not out of the question. However, Dallas is a great road team as well as a good home team; so I definitely don't see it being a sweep or a five game series. I see Dallas winning two games in this series; I see game seven having as much of a chance of happening as LA sweeping them out-right.

Dallas just doesn't match-up well with LA, people still don't get that. They think Dallas can just have these offensive outbursts at any time versus LA which is down right incorrect. Those hot bursts don't work when a team's size advantage starts getting your players in foul trouble, grabbing offensive rebounds and dominating the paint. Eventually frustration will set in (if you're Dallas) and your confidence gets derailed. Dirk will have to have an epic series for Dallas to even have a chance against LA; Kobe will have a better series against Dallas then he did against New Orleans.

DMAVS41
04-29-2011, 06:21 AM
:rolleyes: More then 50% of non-Laker fans literally are picking Dallas...but then again, why am I not surprised by this retarded forum?

The biggest disadvantage Dallas has is their constant trash talking with the Lakers; LA have not once came out and said anything about Dallas. Yet we have Cuban making remarks regarding Phil "He's the boss's daughter play toy"; Terry making remarks about how his team is looking past LA and how he's not worried about them at all.

These words will come to bite them in the ass. Dallas are a jump shooting team; they literally only have Tyson Chandler as their only low post presence and he doesn't exactly look to score. LA's defense is as good as it gets; they can be as dominant as any team in this league when they attempt to play defense. Their only real problems is guarding the PG; Kidd is too old to dominant this series so a lot will depend on how well Barea plays.

If that's the case, what's not to like if you're a Laker fan?
I see LA winning in 5 or 6 games; if Dallas shoots well, it can be stretched to game seven. It's hard for me to imagine LA won't be up for this series considering all the trash the Dallas organization were spewing this past regular season about the Lakers.

Perfect opportunity for payback, I hope the Staples crowd actually gives us a home-court advantage in this round; they were absolutely pitiful in round 1.

Go LakeShow, we got the matchup we wanted now it's time to cut their throats. ****ing hate Dallas and that entire organization.

The Lakers winning will have nothing to do with trash talk. They just have better players, a better team, more experience, and a better coach. Kobe will be the best player in the series and the Lakers will be able to defend Dirk as well as anyone. They can throw Gasol/Bynum/Odom/Artest a Dirk...thats a nightmare. They can also force Dirk to play defense on Gasol/Odom throughout the games.

The Mavs don't have anyway to attack the on true weakness of the Lakers. Which is of course their inability to control dribble penetration. The Mavs have arguably the worst penetrating guards in the playoffs.

There are some rumors about Butler potentially playing. The only way I can see the Mavs making this a series is if Butler and Roddy both come back and play well. Without those guys, we simply don't have enough.

Which is a shame, because the Mavs at full strength would take this series to 7 and would have a legit chance in my opinion.

I'm going with the Lakers in 5 though. I don't see any logical reasons to pick the Mavs to win more than 1 or 2 games.

ErhnamDjinn
04-29-2011, 06:24 AM
while I want Dallas to win I think they will have a hard time against Bynum, Gasol and Odom. I hope Im wrong but lakers in 5 or Dallas in 6

Harion
04-29-2011, 06:37 AM
how can the Mavs match up to the Lakers' length?

creepingdeath
04-29-2011, 08:19 AM
LA in 5 or Mavs in 7. Definitely no sweep either way. ^^

thomaspynchon
04-29-2011, 08:36 AM
What the mentally ill Lakers fans keep forgetting is that you beat Dallas during the idiotic Beaubois experiment. When Stevenson started, Mavs beat the piss out of the Lakers. The Mavs' defensive lineup is going to give the Lakers some major fits, and my prediction is Dallas in 6.

Clutch
04-29-2011, 08:38 AM
LA in 6

creepingdeath
04-29-2011, 08:38 AM
What the mentally ill Lakers fans keep forgetting is that you beat Dallas during the idiotic Beaubois experiment. When Stevenson started, Mavs beat the piss out of the Lakers. The Mavs' defensive lineup is going to give the Lakers some major fits, and my prediction is Dallas in 6.
Well, we had healthy Butler back then. If Caron was 100% healthy, I'd definitely pick the Mavs to win this upcoming series.

indiefan24
04-29-2011, 08:45 AM

Everything is set. Rick's asinine rotations. Bad chemistry in starting unit (beaubois and marion do not play well off each other), too many inefficient players wanting to score, players who anchor both offense and defense will get no minutes (deshawn stevenson).

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215628

Your predictions hold no weight.

OriginalNameGuy
04-29-2011, 09:14 AM
I have the Mavs winning in 7 in the prediction thread

#1SportsFan86
04-29-2011, 09:59 AM
This should be a VERY interesting series, the match up I'm looking forward to most is Kidd vs Fisher.

Oositdwn
04-29-2011, 10:04 AM
LA in 5 it will be a easier test than what they got against hornets

Harion
04-29-2011, 11:01 AM
LA will sweep. fk Kobe.

PrimeJohnnyDepp
04-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Lakers in 2.

I don't really care because that's the second year the Lakers just frolick through Western conference. No other team has it that easy. Last year : OKC , Utah , Phoenix.. This year NO and Dallas. But, yes, OKC may be waay too tough this year.

I don't even dare to say it, but maybe i'd rather see OKC : Heat. Kobe vs. Lebron, Jackson legacy, Kobe pretend legacy.. Meh. OKC is great. But yeah yeah, mea culpa, maybe I'm a bit impatient and Kobe deserves this last title.

juju151111
04-29-2011, 11:18 AM
Nobody will challenge lakers until OKC

Mr Know It All
04-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Hard to see Dallas winning this series. Kidd needs to play aggressive to exploit the match up with Derek Fisher. If Caron Butler returns at about 80-85% then the Mavericks may have a chance to pull it out. They have two big bodies to throw at the Laker bigs, but Chandler and Haywood have to play very well. Dirk will be Dirk, but he'll probably have to score a little better in this series than he did against Portland.

Unfortunately I'll go with Lakers in 6 possibly 7. I hope I'm wrong though.

DMAVS41
04-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Hard to see Dallas winning this series. Kidd needs to play aggressive to exploit the match up with Derek Fisher. If Caron Butler returns at about 80-85% then the Mavericks may have a chance to pull it out. They have two big bodies to throw at the Laker bigs, but Chandler and Haywood have to play very well. Dirk will be Dirk, but he'll probably have to score a little better in this series than he did against Portland.

Unfortunately I'll go with Lakers in 6 possibly 7. I hope I'm wrong though.

Yea.

Butler coming back at 85% seems like a pipe dream, but it would be huge.

Roddy is actually key in this series in my opinion....as is barea. They both are going to have to relentlessly attack and penetrate and set others up. Kidd can't do that. Kidd's value will be that he can spot up for threes and defend Kobe pretty well in spurts.

Dirk isn't capable of scoring much better. He averaged 27 for the series against portland. A few years ago Dirk might have been capable of going for 30 in this series, but not now.

Its just a tough matchup for the Mavs even if they had butler and roddy ready to go. Without them, I just don't give us much of a chance at all.

Crown&Coke
04-29-2011, 11:47 AM
how can the Mavs match up to the Lakers' length?

they have a handful of 7footers themselves. Tyson gives Bynum trouble, and Haywood comes in and gets some good rebounds. Dirk will be Dirk. They also have some scrubs who have size as well. They also have a bunch of wings to throw at Bryant.

Lets hope Cuban keeps him mouth shut while in LA... don't need "An NBA owner gets they crap beat out of him" headlines in the Times.

That Worthy deal, do you know who nixed it? I can't quite remember, was it Magic? I think it was West but I cannot recall. Buss was ready to do it, right?

crisoner
04-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Did any of you guys here that Blazer fan toward the end of the game yelling at Dirk when he was shooting freethrows?

"Dirk you gunna get swept by the Lakers!" TNT's mics picked it up pretty good.
Any how because of this...Lakers in 4.

:rockon:

I think that was Glide saying that.

Kujo
04-29-2011, 11:51 AM
This is going to be a testy, and entertaining series. Would love to see the Mavs win, but I think the Lakers will win this in 6 or 7.

ProfessorMurder
04-29-2011, 11:53 AM
That Worthy deal, do you know who nixed it? I can't quite remember, was it Magic? I think it was West but I cannot recall. Buss was ready to do it, right?

I'll check, I have an article about it saved somewhere.

Edit: Yeah Jerry West threatened to quit if the deal went through so it was nixed.

crisoner
04-29-2011, 11:54 AM

LMAO great pic.

greensmoke21
04-29-2011, 11:58 AM
ur a dallas mavericks version of sinjackal u annyoing ***

krazymofo
04-29-2011, 12:03 PM

:roll: :roll:
so true... battle of the softy euros lol.

creepingdeath
04-29-2011, 12:05 PM
:roll: :roll:
so true... battle of the softy euros lol.
The Heat fan calls other players soft.... :lol

crisoner
04-29-2011, 12:07 PM
The Heat fan calls other players soft.... :lol

I guess Bosh is a burnt marshmallow? (no racist)

kentatm
04-29-2011, 12:13 PM
ur a dallas mavericks version of sinjackal u annyoing ***

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_KI9gcT8Agi4/TMipgHHgWiI/AAAAAAAAAkA/WTUJKUPeJF0/s1600/justgotreal.gif

DKLaker
04-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Lakers in 6. They could win in 5 but this team always does things the hard way.

THIS :applause: :applause: :applause:

Crown&Coke
04-29-2011, 12:15 PM
I guess Bosh is a burnt marshmallow? (no racist)

does that make Lebron and Wade Hershey's Milk Chocolate? S'mores baby. The rest of the team are just wire hangers used to burn the marshmello

krazymofo
04-29-2011, 12:17 PM
Lakers in 6 or less. Dallas has no business being pasted the 2nd round. I wanna see OKC/LA in the WCF

krazymofo
04-29-2011, 12:21 PM
OH, you guys! .... LOL

SpecialQue
04-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Did any of you guys here that Blazer fan toward the end of the game yelling at Dirk when he was shooting freethrows?

"Dirk you gunna get swept by the Lakers!" TNT's mics picked it up pretty good.
Any how because of this...Lakers in 4.

:rockon:

I think that was Glide saying that.

I damn near fell off my chair laughing when I heard that. And I agree.

Stuckey
04-29-2011, 12:33 PM
i dont think the mavs have a legit shot

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-29-2011, 12:33 PM
does that make Lebron and Wade Hershey's Milk Chocolate? S'mores baby. The rest of the team are just wire hangers used to burn the marshmello

:roll:

Ol Dirty Bastard
04-29-2011, 12:38 PM
This will be tough for both teams, Gonna say Lakers in 6 though.
Going to be a great series, can't wait.

Dirk will most likely $hit on Pau & Odom, Kobe is gonna have to play consistent all series.

Doranku
04-29-2011, 12:53 PM
LA in 5. This will be an easier match-up for LA than NO was.

rs98762001
04-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Lakers in 6. I think they'll be better prepared for the Mavericks than they were for the Hornets. Dirk will have a couple of monster games to keep Dallas in it, but ultimately the Lakers just have too many ways to win.

ThaSwagg3r
04-29-2011, 12:55 PM
LA in 5 or 6. I am not giving the Mavericks a chance unless they drill every ****ing 3 point shot they take. Chandler is going to be in foul trouble all series.

DMAVS41
04-29-2011, 12:57 PM
LA in 5. This will be an easier match-up for LA than NO was.

It depends on how the Lakers play. If they play like they did against the Hornets, they could lose the series.

But they probably won't play that poorly. If the Lakers play well, I think they win in 5.

Doranku
04-29-2011, 01:01 PM
It depends on how the Lakers play. If they play like they did against the Hornets, they could lose the series.

But they probably won't play that poorly. If the Lakers play well, I think they win in 5.

Dallas doesn't have anyone like Chris Paul who can absolutely rip apart our defense. Dirk is a great player, but it's all about match-ups. Chris Paul is just a match-up nightmare for LA; Dirk should be easier to contain.

Lakers have looked good the past two games, hopefully they can carry that momentum over to Monday and continue to play well.

I'm glad that the series doesn't start on Sunday like Miami. F*cking LA never wins on Sunday. :roll:

DMAVS41
04-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Dallas doesn't have anyone like Chris Paul who can absolutely rip apart our defense. Dirk is a great player, but it's all about match-ups. Chris Paul is just a match-up nightmare for LA; Dirk should be easier to contain.

Lakers have looked good the past two games, hopefully they can carry that momentum over to Monday and continue to play well.

I'm glad that the series doesn't start on Sunday like Miami. F*cking LA never wins on Sunday. :roll:

For sure.

But Paul didn't make Gasol play like ass. I totally agree with your prediction and take, but its not like it was really the Hornets forcing the Lakers to play poorly at times. The Mavs are a better team than the Hornets and if the Lakers don't come to play in this series, they could be in for trouble.

But that is the only way the Mavs have a chance. We have to hope the Lakers get into a funk or something. If the Lakers play well, like you said, the matchup just doesn't work for the Mavs.

lakerspng
04-29-2011, 01:19 PM
The Lakers will be more focused going into this series than they were against NO. It just seems like they're starting to build their post-season momentum.

Dirk is going to have a strong series, but even so, will only be the second best player on the court. The Lakers will have the best (Kobe), the 3rd best (Gasol), and the 4th best (Odom) players in the series... with an outside chance of Bynum or Artest being the 5th best in the series. It's really just not a good recipe for Dallas.

I like Dirk, always enjoyed watching him play, would love to see him get a shot at the title again, just too bad for him he's going against my boys. I hope we tear his heart out piece by piece and stomp on it.

If Dallas had a healthy Caron Butler, I'd say Lakers in 7 in a very fun and very competitive series.

As it stands, I believe the Lakers will close it out in 5. They'll still be fun and exciting games, but the Mavs will just come up short too often.

game3524
04-29-2011, 01:20 PM
LA in 5

Dallas simply doesn't have the tools to exploits LA's weakness. They don't have a quick PG who can break LA's defense down, their bigs are decent, but Bynum and Gasol should handle them fine, and last they have absolute no one who can guard Kobe.

game3524
04-29-2011, 01:23 PM

Deep down, they know Dallas isn't going to win. They are just blinded by their hatred of the Lakers.

Disaprine
04-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Should be a great series to watch. :cheers:

SwayDizzle
04-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Should be a great series to watch. :cheers:
Doubt it somehow, it'll be one-sided for the Lakers. 5 games at most.

LeFraud Shames
04-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Should be a great appetizer before the Thunder. :cheers:

Fixed.

pegasus
04-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Lakers in 5 or 6. Kobe will average close to 30 points with a better fg%. Lakers' bigs will outplay their opponents. OKC-Lakers WCF is inevitable.

macpierce
04-29-2011, 02:23 PM
ppl keep saying how the lakers bigs cant guard dirk...........okay
so who is going to stop pau and bynum in the post? haywood is trash, chandler will get into foul trouble, and dirk cant take the beating..............

macpierce
04-29-2011, 02:24 PM
marion will guard kobe pretty well but its up to kobe to play great like he did in last years semis against utah

Kingwillball
04-29-2011, 03:02 PM
If Butler comes back helps Mavs cause they have another guy they can through on Kobe for stretches.. Dirk should sh!t on Pau as he is easily the better player. Chandler is a good defensive big who should limit Bynum. JJ Barea will be the spark off the bench that penetrates and gives Lakers fits. probably use Kobe to cover Kidd and Fisher to guard Terry. lakers probably win series cause the Mavs are hard to put to much trust into.

LA_Showtime
04-29-2011, 04:12 PM
lakers in 6 if paula shows up and lakers in 5 if pau shows up. at least butler's coming back so mavs fans can't ***** and moan about how their team isn't 100%.

LA_Showtime
04-29-2011, 04:12 PM
If Butler comes back helps Mavs cause they have another guy they can through on Kobe for stretches.. Dirk should sh!t on Pau as he is easily the better player. Chandler is a good defensive big who should limit Bynum. JJ Barea will be the spark off the bench that penetrates and gives Lakers fits. probably use Kobe to cover Kidd and Fisher to guard Terry. lakers probably win series cause the Mavs are hard to put to much trust into.

hasn't dirk historically struggled against the lakers? gasol, bynum, and odom match up extremely well with him. they won't shut him down or anything but i doubt he puts up more than 20 and 8.

Durantula35
04-29-2011, 04:47 PM
Lakers in 5 or 6. Kobe will average close to 30 points with a better fg%. Lakers' bigs will outplay their opponents. OKC-Lakers WCF is inevitable.

I think a Lakers win is inevitable. I'm not so sure about the Thunder.

Eat Like A Bosh
04-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Lakers should take this series, Dallas doesn't have an effective Kobe check.
Bynum+Gasol > Chandler + Haywood

kentatm
04-29-2011, 06:17 PM
Caron Butler has a 0% chance of playing in this series per Rick Carlisle today on ESPN 103.3 in Dallas

:(

Cone
04-29-2011, 06:22 PM
hasn't dirk historically struggled against the lakers? gasol, bynum, and odom match up extremely well with him. they won't shut him down or anything but i doubt he puts up more than 20 and 8.

u doubt that dirk puts up 20 and 8? your ****in stupid

Optimus Prime
04-29-2011, 06:30 PM
Lakers in 6. Dallas has Dirk, a 93 year old Jason Kidd, and a bunch of nice roleplayers. The only real concern is if the Lakers lose focus and decide to take it easy because they think they can "turn it on" any time they want. I am really getting tired of the Lakers lazing around until they need to get their butts in gear. If they played hard all the time, they could finish teams off much quicker and save themselves a lot of trouble.

tpols
04-29-2011, 06:31 PM
The Lakers will be more focused going into this series than they were against NO. It just seems like they're starting to build their post-season momentum.

This is why the mavs should be worried. LA came out thinking New Orleans would be a breeze and they paid for it and seem to have learned from it.

LA in 6.

LA_Showtime
04-29-2011, 06:57 PM
u doubt that dirk puts up 20 and 8? your ****in stupid

more than that, yeah. he's not gonna average 31/11 or 25/12 against the lakers.

thomaspynchon
04-29-2011, 07:36 PM
Lakers should take this series, Dallas doesn't have an effective Kobe check.
Bynum+Gasol > Chandler + Haywood

HAHAHAHAHA Kobe shoots well below 45% against Dallas. if anything, it's the worst possible matchup for him with Marion and Stevenson switching off on him.

creepingdeath
04-29-2011, 08:25 PM
20 and 8? When he averaged 22/10/4 in the regular season including a game that destroyed his averages because he was only able to use one leg? Hell naw. You better hope Pau plays better than against the Hornets. 13.5 / 6.8 / 3.7 is pathetic for a player of his status. But I'm pretty sure he saved all his greatness for my team. :(

R.I.P.
04-29-2011, 10:28 PM

But honestly, I'm not worried about Kobe that much.

I would agree, if I didn

Hawker
04-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Caron Butler has a 0% chance of playing in this series per Rick Carlisle today on ESPN 103.3 in Dallas

:(

jtj5002
04-29-2011, 11:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPm2NUWTbB0

Hawker
04-29-2011, 11:44 PM
I think the Lakers will win but anything can happen. Dirk has to go off every game...

Replay32
04-30-2011, 02:05 AM
If dallas can somehow control the defensive boards and get fastbreak points consistently, then they might have a chance. The lakers live off of 2nd chance points which completely demoralizes a team.

But the problem with the mavs is there best big man (who is 7ft btw) is a soft outside shooter that doesn't like to get mean and bang. This puts the Mavs at a huge matchup disadvantage against the lakers.

Sure Dirk can score, but to beat the lakers you have to bang with the their bigs, be a strong defender in the paint, and dominate the glass.

I'm not worried about Chandler getting mean and nasty, but he can't do it alone. The Mavs ain't winning this series because of the type of player dirk is. And he's 7 ft for crying out loud. :facepalm

The 2 teams in the west that matchup well with the lakers are OKC and Memphis. These two teams will be harder for the lakers to get past compared to San Antonio or Dallas.

thomaspynchon
04-30-2011, 02:16 AM
I love how nobody is giving Dallas any chance here. It's going to be great to see my boys go in and win both games in Los Angeles

crisoner
04-30-2011, 03:09 AM
What ESPN thinks....

Abbott Lakers In 5
Adande Lakers In 6
Arnovitz Lakers In 7
Broussard Lakers In 6
Ford Lakers In 7
Hollinger Lakers In 5
Legler Lakers In 6
MacMahon Lakers In 7
McMenamin Lakers In 6
Rose Lakers In 6
Sheridan Lakers In 7
Stein Lakers In 7
Thorpe Lakers In 5
Wilbon Lakers In 5

crisoner
04-30-2011, 03:11 AM
I love how nobody is giving Dallas any chance here. It's going to be great to see my boys go in and win both games in Los Angeles

And then you wake up....Lakers up 2-0 go in to Dallas and take 1 of 2 and the finish the Ponies in 5.

DMAVS41
04-30-2011, 03:15 AM
And then you wake up....Lakers up 2-0 go in to Dallas and take 1 of 2 and the finish the Ponies in 5.

Have to agree with this. The Mavs just aren't that good. And now Butler (our 2nd best player) is officially out for the series.

We don't have the best player in the series. We don't have the best coach. We don't have home court. We match up terribly.

Its really all about how the Lakers play. If they play like they did against the Hornets, we have a chance to take this to 7 and potentially win. If they play well? Its over in 5.

But I will say I'm really proud of this Mavs team. There was a reason why everyone (including me) thought the Blazers would win. We played our asses off and Dirk was great as usual. That is enough for me. I'd love to see us extend this series to 7 or something just for fun, but I just don't think we have enough.

DirkNowitzki41
04-30-2011, 03:21 AM

Chill bro

The ponies? lol

thomaspynchon
04-30-2011, 04:17 AM
Have to agree with this. The Mavs just aren't that good. And now Butler (our 2nd best player) is officially out for the series.

We don't have the best player in the series. We don't have the best coach. We don't have home court. We match up terribly.

Its really all about how the Lakers play. If they play like they did against the Hornets, we have a chance to take this to 7 and potentially win. If they play well? Its over in 5.

But I will say I'm really proud of this Mavs team. There was a reason why everyone (including me) thought the Blazers would win. We played our asses off and Dirk was great as usual. That is enough for me. I'd love to see us extend this series to 7 or something just for fun, but I just don't think we have enough.

I'm so sick of this bullshit. Dirk is better than Kobe. I'm sick of this assumption that Kobe is the best in the league. Only thing Kobe does better is that he has better teammates. Kobe is a shit playoffs performer and as Bill Simmons put it " Dirk has chunks of Kobe's playoffs prowess in his daily stool."

thomaspynchon
04-30-2011, 04:18 AM

You are going to be shocked. That's all I have to say. So just get your excuses ready ( Kobe is hurt, the refs are cheating etc etc)

Colby Brian
04-30-2011, 04:36 AM
I'm so sick of this bullshit. Dirk is better than Kobe. I'm sick of this assumption that Kobe is the best in the league. Only thing Kobe does better is that he has better teammates. Kobe is a shit playoffs performer and as Bill Simmons put it " Dirk has chunks of Kobe's playoffs prowess in his daily stool."

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Last 3 playoff runs
08 - 30/6/6 - Lost in Finals
09 - 30/5/6 - Championship
10 - 29/6/6 - Championship

Kobe's a pretty crappy playoff performer :rolleyes:

thomaspynchon
04-30-2011, 05:00 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Last 3 playoff runs
08 - 30/6/6 - Lost in Finals
09 - 30/5/6 - Championship
10 - 29/6/6 - Championship

Kobe's a pretty crappy playoff performer :rolleyes:

How about posting his FG%, you little fruitcake?

Kobe shoots below 40% in Finals series overall. he only wins due to his superior teammates. he was worthless those 3 seasons prior to Gasol, damned worthless except for a good choke.

El Seano
04-30-2011, 07:50 AM

Kobe shoots below 40% in Finals series overall. he only wins due to his superior teammates. he was worthless those 3 seasons prior to Gasol, damned worthless except for a good choke.

But, of course, your obvious blinding hate for him doesn't bias you whatsoever.

Silverbullit
04-30-2011, 09:21 AM
The Lakers are the favorites, but I don't think the Mavs have no chance.
The Mavs should be able to win a game in LA, so if they somehow can protect their homecourt, an upset is possible.

Forcing Kobe into chucking mode would help a lot, so winning Game 1 or Game 2 would be a great start.

Btw, Mavs in 6 :D

brownmamba00
04-30-2011, 09:38 AM

:oldlol:

Mr Know It All
04-30-2011, 10:29 AM
With Caron Butler officially out, it's going to be an extremely tough series for the Mavericks. Still, their confidence is sky high right now. If they steal a game in LA this will be a series. If the Lakers play well in both of the first two games and go up 2-0 I think it will suck enough out of the Mavs and the series will end in 5 or 6.

DMAVS41
04-30-2011, 10:54 AM
With Caron Butler officially out, it's going to be an extremely tough series for the Mavericks. Still, their confidence is sky high right now. If they steal a game in LA this will be a series. If the Lakers play well in both of the first two games and go up 2-0 I think it will suck enough out of the Mavs and the series will end in 5 or 6.

I feel the exact same way.

Harion
04-30-2011, 11:43 AM
even if Butler was playing, I'd still favor the Lakers. because you never know. Kobe might stop chucking and instead play real team ball.

macpierce
04-30-2011, 01:56 PM

dirk fan talking about choking :roll:
oh the irony in this post

kentatm
04-30-2011, 04:52 PM

:eek:

i dunno about that.

i'd be thrilled with a split.

kentatm
04-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks 2011 Playoffs Promo HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKWeBiyHDXE)

I can't wait for this to get started. :banana:

HB40TheNextStar
04-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Lakers in 6.

Pau will dominate this series, I bet.

kentatm
05-01-2011, 12:31 PM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/226632_843844287375_25422283_40964891_8386963_n.jp g

branslowski
05-01-2011, 02:29 PM
dirk fan talking about choking :roll:
oh the irony in this post

this..:lol

HB40TheNextStar
05-01-2011, 06:00 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f211/tarheels2005champs/scheyerbryant.jpg

talkingconch
05-01-2011, 07:13 PM

Biased, stupid AND jealous. Holy shit

:facepalm

DixieNourmous
05-01-2011, 09:20 PM
To win this series, Lakers will need to be on their toes, like a midget at a urinal..

http://londonist.com/attachments/DeanN/1810_urinals.jpg

Optimus Prime
05-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Lakers/Grizzlies Western Conference Finals. Book it! :cheers:

Disaprine
05-01-2011, 11:36 PM
What ESPN thinks....
looks like were going to lose then. :lol

whoartthou
05-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Lakers in 6. Maverick sstand no chance whatsoever

marvo
05-02-2011, 02:36 AM
Lakers in 6. Mark Cuban mad.

Colby Brian
05-02-2011, 03:13 AM

48%
46%
46%

kobes 41% in finals, 5 titles, 7 finals

dirk is 39% and choke job in 2006 finals, and how many series has he lost having hca?

http://dc-cdn.virtacore.com/ed0d8035e0ba498586a5da1c624e48dc.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/25oz30z.jpg

U MAD?

JohnnySic
05-02-2011, 08:10 AM
If Chandler and Haywood can play big, Mavs have a puncher's chance.

DMAVS41
05-02-2011, 08:15 AM
If Chandler and Haywood can play big, Mavs have a puncher's chance.

I'd agree with this if we weren't missing our 2nd best player. Oh how it sucks to be a Mavs fan this year. We finally got the championship caliber team around Dirk and we lose our 2nd best player and then don't make a trade at the deadline.
:ohwell:

Bigsmoke
05-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks 2011 Playoffs Promo HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKWeBiyHDXE)

I can't wait for this to get started. :banana:

1:54
Dirk scared the shit out of me

Gotterdammerung
05-02-2011, 09:42 AM
Dallas must slow down Kobe without letting Gasol, Bynum & others get easy buckets. They also will need Nowitzki & Terry to carry the offense.

Lakers have a long history of embarrassing the Mavericks (Kobe's scoring sprees) and may find them much easier than the Hornets. Hornets were smaller but they had feisty frontcourt guys who shoved Gasol around. Now Gasol will find Nowitzki much easier to handle cuz it's more of a skill match up than a physical one. Lakers on the other hand will throw different guys on Nowitzki (artest, Odom, Barnes, Jack Nicholson).

Mavs can't switch on defense and have Tyson Chandler guard Gasol cause that leaves Nowitzki on the bigger and stronger Bynum. Can't go big (Haywood, Chandler, Dirk in front, Stevenson & Kidd in backcourt) cause that removes a swingman. Since the Lakers suck on screen & roll defense, and the Mavs' point guard is a 1000 times slower than Chris Paul, they won't have trouble in this series.
Lakers in 6

LA_Showtime
05-02-2011, 03:33 PM
I'd agree with this if we weren't missing our 2nd best player. Oh how it sucks to be a Mavs fan this year. We finally got the championship caliber team around Dirk and we lose our 2nd best player and then don't make a trade at the deadline.
:ohwell:

I still don't understand why they didn't do everything in their power to trade for Gerald Wallace. He would've been a perfect fit, and he's a better player than Butler anyway.

creepingdeath
05-02-2011, 03:45 PM
I still don't understand why they didn't do everything in their power to trade for Gerald Wallace. He would've been a perfect fit, and he's a better player than Butler anyway.
I present to you.. the Mavericks front office!

DMAVS41
05-02-2011, 03:46 PM

I would ask Mark Cuban the exact same question. I know people laugh at the Mavs (for good reason at times)...but this team is/was different. We finally had the size up front to protect the paint and help Dirk on the boards.

And we finally had a legit 2nd guy. Butler isn't a great 2nd option compared to the likes of gasol/pierce/manu/lebron (hehe)....but he was good enough.

Butler could get his own shot and he was a good defender and about as tough as you get.

We could have had Gerald Wallace for pennies. We could have had Iggy. We could have had Wilson Chandler. We could have had Prince.

We did ****ing nothing. Its infuriating. The one time we need to make a move we didn't. Instead we settled on Peja and Brewer. Brewer doesn't play and Peja just isn't good enough.

So damn frustrating. We'll never know what might have been. I will say though....I would be picking the Mavs in this series with a healthy Butler or any one of those guys above starting at sf for us.

bettalaylow
05-02-2011, 07:50 PM
I would love for the Mavs to take this series because if they did it could be their year to win it all but I see the NBA walking the Lakers into the Finals.

kentatm
05-02-2011, 08:22 PM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/berknip/PhilJackson.png

Scholar
05-02-2011, 09:28 PM
My mother-in-law & her b/f are at this game. They're in the arena as we speak actually. Sent me a pic of Derek Fisher practicing jump shots.
They got free tickets off of a colleague of theirs, who purchased two tix but couldn't make it to the game.
:cry: @ me not having anyone to give me free tickets like that.

N0Skillz
05-02-2011, 11:11 PM
I like it when kobe is being aggresive. It makes the game feel so much mroe intense

sh0wtime
05-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Go Kobe! :) Ankle looks good and his game looks intune.

N0Skillz
05-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Go Kobe! :) Ankle looks good and his game looks intune.

im expecting a killer game. LETS DO THIS LAKERS FANS

Lakers Legend#32
05-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Barnes hair is p!ssing me off.

sh0wtime
05-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Barnes hair is p!ssing me off.

Haha, looks like one of those Reggie Miller 90's fade cuts.

http://www2.indystar.com/library/factfiles/sports/basketball/indiana_pacers/img/miller13.jpg

NBASTATMAN
05-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Bynum is a better passer than laker guards

knightfall88
05-02-2011, 11:22 PM
someone guard Dirk plz

Lakers Legend#32
05-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Barnes' tattoos are pissing me off.

NBASTATMAN
05-02-2011, 11:23 PM
BYNUM doesn't have to score to dominate.. He is clogging the lane and the Mavs will have to hit from outside all night... Dude is huge

NBASTATMAN
05-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Shannon brown with Mj type elevatioN to make a nice shot...:applause:

Lakers Legend#32
05-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Give and go for the Bynum SLAM!

NBASTATMAN
05-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Laker BIGS :bowdown:

konex
05-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Fisher and Ron are idiots. Kobe makes a great shot and they come down with 2 bad shots right after

Lakers Legend#32
05-02-2011, 11:41 PM
Kobe, you don't have to always shoot.

konex
05-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Get Fish off the floor. WTF, Phil

Lakers Legend#32
05-02-2011, 11:45 PM
Chandler's a punk.

Lakers Legend#32
05-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Where's Ernie?

Jasper
05-02-2011, 11:46 PM
I'd like to see Kobe take at least 35 shots in each game in this series.

he needs to driver the point home that his cred in the league is his exceptional shooting skills.

Jasper
05-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Get Fish off the floor. WTF, Phil

Fish is an elite PG .. .for years he has made numerous big shots , no matter if it is in the first QTR or the last Qtr ..

He needs to shoot at least 20 times in a game to be effective.

He needs to finish his career on a high note and start shooting .

Lakers Legend#32
05-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the foul, Terry! Dumbass!

konex
05-02-2011, 11:50 PM
BAILOUT CITY :roll:

Hyman
Gasol is the thermometer of the Lakers. When he plays well, the team plays well.

Hawker
what a ****ing moron

Kingwillball
Mavs Played pretty well until the last 3 minutes of the half..

Jasper
05-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Fisher and Ron are idiots. Kobe makes a great shot and they come down with 2 bad shots right after

Ron is only trying to find that rythem he had back a year ago .. he needs to start shooting more.

cut him slack... bow down to his shooting attempts

Jasper
05-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Mavs Played pretty well until the last 3 minutes of the half..
its a tactic Phil has deployed many years ago ... its called 'fall on your face' technique to get the other team to soften up !! :bowdown:

jtj5002
05-02-2011, 11:52 PM
lol choke

Scoooter
05-02-2011, 11:53 PM
That quarter did not end well for the Mavs.

Pasty Kobe
lakers defense has been good actually. it's their quick trigger in the offense that's making the pace favorable to the mavs. only pau and bynum are reading movements off the ball.

juju151111
Good job refs

Lakers Legend#32
05-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Mavs falling apart. Thanks for the 9 point lead. Dumbazzes.

Jasper
05-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Gasol is the thermometer of the Lakers. When he plays well, the team plays well.

He needs to do more pick and pop jump shots to be effective.

Not that close in junk.
(I always thought he should take the direction of Dirk , and start shooting 3pt'ers)

Maybe this is the series when he starts !!

TryToBeUnbias
05-02-2011, 11:55 PM
I didn't like the call at first but an elbow to the back of the head

Phong
Damn.. Nowitzki is so soft he gets pissed off when a smaller player pushes him around. :facepalm

konex
They didn't even interview any Laker. We didn't deserve that momentum lol

BarberSchool
05-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Mavs falling apart. Thanks for the 9 point lead. Dumbazzes.Was that the macs falling apart, really ?

Or was that the first session of this series being "heavily influenced" by officiating?

Nobler
05-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Okay Laker fans have no room to complain about the refs for the rest of the playoffs after that!:wtf:

TryToBeUnbias
05-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Those were all legitimate fouls the Mavs just ****ed up.

Sky2k8336
05-03-2011, 12:00 AM
"Just elbow him to the throat one time, he'll calm down" - Charles Barkley :oldlol:

Story Up
05-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Okay Laker fans have no room to complain about the refs for the rest of the playoffs after that!:wtf:
Dumbass

1987_Lakers
05-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Are people really bitching about the refs?:lol

Terry CLEARLY fouled Odom & Dirk elbowed Artest.

fos
05-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Anyone have a link? Was watching it at the bar but came home because I don't feel well and don't have cable in the apartment yet (Just moved in).

N0Skillz
05-03-2011, 12:10 AM
Anyone have a link? Was watching it at the bar but came home because I don't feel well and don't have cable in the apartment yet (Just moved in).

answer him my people of the ishious forum

MidRange
05-03-2011, 12:14 AM
The Mavs are disappointing me.

Si1veR
http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/55831-NBA-Today!-May-2nd-Playoffs

leopoldstotch
that's game. :facepalm

start preparing for game 2.

TheGreatDeraj
05-03-2011, 12:17 AM

:oldlol: come on that's not game. It's the beginning of the third.

Calabis
Mavericks defense is still a joke..:facepalm

N0Skillz

24 minutes I wouldnt count them out yet.

Lakers Legend#32
05-03-2011, 12:19 AM
Mavs in self-destruct mode.

SkyR#1fanCapCou
Are people really bitching about the refs?:lol

Terry CLEARLY fouled Odom & Dirk elbowed Artest.

:bowdown:

leopoldstotch
carlisle putting corey brewer in could be a huge swing in this game. we'll see how he can matchup with kobe.

Lakers Legend#32
05-03-2011, 12:21 AM
Kobe fadeaway for two.

leopoldstotch
05-03-2011, 12:23 AM
getting points from brewer is extra credit for the mavs.

Lakers Legend#32
05-03-2011, 12:24 AM
F#CK the Downtown shots!

leopoldstotch
05-03-2011, 12:25 AM
getting points from brewer is extra credit for the mavs.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
only fcuking Phil jackson wouldnt call a timeout when the opposing team is making 15-0 run

N0Skillz
24 minutes I wouldnt count them out yet.

God

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Scoooter
05-03-2011, 12:26 AM
only fcuking Phil jackson wouldnt call a timeout when the opposing team is making 15-0 run

I like that though. Zen. The game should flow like an unbroken river.

MidRange
05-03-2011, 12:26 AM
Mavs making a run.

N0Skillz
05-03-2011, 12:30 AM
Hopefully artest starts knocking those down =p

creepingdeath
05-03-2011, 01:17 AM
It's Gooooooood!

the_wise_one
05-03-2011, 01:49 AM

No. Isiah Thomas did the same as well.

The similarities between these two? Both can't coach.

Dave3
05-10-2011, 02:39 AM

Didn't you also say Hornets would beat LA after game one? :oldlol:
So....who's laughing now?:D