PDA

View Full Version : Jordans First Step

Calabis
04-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Vid showing his amazing first step....something I see many Jordan fans pointing out, but often ignored by the haters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qukNKGNphoQ&feature=channel_video_title

[I]Not too long ago this poll of one representative from each of the league's 29 teams would have been a waste of time. Only one player would have received votes: Chicago's Michael Jordan, of course. But while Jordan's reign as the NBA's most explosive player continues

Knicksfever2010
04-29-2011, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=Calabis]Vid showing his amazing first step....something I see many Jordan fans pointing out, but often ignored by the haters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qukNKGNphoQ&feature=channel_video_title

[I]Not too long ago this poll of one representative from each of the league's 29 teams would have been a waste of time. Only one player would have received votes: Chicago's Michael Jordan, of course. But while Jordan's reign as the NBA's most explosive player continues

Indian guy
04-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Jordan had such a quick, long & springy first step. Easily the best I've ever seen as far as guys around his size(6'5-6'7) are concerned.

Stuckey
04-29-2011, 01:09 PM
i thought this video was going to show his first EVER step :facepalm

:wtf: :facepalm

JellyBean
04-29-2011, 01:12 PM

:roll: That was a good one.

Crown&Coke
04-29-2011, 01:27 PM
not only the quickness of his first step, but the torque it generated and his ability to get his balance almost immediately. the man was simply amazing at the fundamental details.

But still Tex Winter had to get on his ass for not being able to throw a fundamental chest pass :lol

Kellogs4toniee
04-29-2011, 01:44 PM
When you have that first step and the ability to hang in the air like Jordan did.... it's just not fair. lol

Calabis
04-29-2011, 01:51 PM
not only the quickness of his first step, but the torque it generated and his ability to get his balance almost immediately. the man was simply amazing at the fundamental details.

But still Tex Winter had to get on his ass for not being able to throw a fundamental chest pass :lol

:applause:

Shit early on he rarely threw one...:oldlol:

But hell with teammates like these who blames him, Oakley, Corzine, Sellers, Cofield, Higgins, Sparrow, Wooldrige, Banks, Colter, Cureton :facepalm

KevinNYC
04-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Where did you hear that? I haven't read any of the Jordan books.

KevinNYC
04-29-2011, 01:53 PM
When you have that first step and the ability to hang in the air like Jordan did.... it's just not fair. lol

He just seemed to have the ability to get anywhere he wanted on the court and then if cut him off he was just able to elevate to empty space

ILLsmak
04-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Yeah... it was pretty quick, but mostly what you have to do is look at where he is stepping. And watching the balance of the defender. Plus a lot of the people guarding him are making stupid mistakes.

Someone should get by you eventually with a good first step but they shouldn't be able to get in front of you at that moment. If you let someone totally take you out of the play with one step, you ****ed up on D.

-Smak

Kellogs4toniee
04-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Yeah... it was pretty quick, but mostly what you have to do is look at where he is stepping. And watching the balance of the defender. Plus a lot of the people guarding him are making stupid mistakes.

Someone should get by you eventually with a good first step but they shouldn't be able to get in front of you at that moment. If you let someone totally take you out of the play with one step, you ****ed up on D.

-Smak

:roll: :roll:

Man alot of people must have f'ked up on D against Jordan then.

Crown&Coke
04-29-2011, 02:07 PM
Where did you hear that? I haven't read any of the Jordan books.

I can't remember if it was one of Phil Jackson's books (maybe Sacred Hoops or a newpaper article, my memory is shot but Tex used to really get pissed at MJ because Tex was real old school and MJ was flashy.

Crown&Coke
04-29-2011, 02:12 PM

Shit early on he rarely threw one...:oldlol:

But hell with teammates like these who blames him, Oakley, Corzine, Sellers, Cofield, Higgins, Sparrow, Wooldrige, Banks, Colter, Cureton :facepalm

Im sure if he was able to throw one to himself it would be a thing of beauty.

I read in The Jordan Rules that MJ loved playing with Paxson because he would pass Jordan the ball everytime, Im sure it had a little to do with Paxon hitting big shots too but that made me :oldlol:

btw, niether the Bulls or Jordan agree with a lot of what is in that book, but it did portray them in a negative light a lot. fyi

Round Mound
04-29-2011, 02:25 PM
Great Thred...I have been mentioning this long time now

f0und
04-29-2011, 02:29 PM
if you look closely, its kinda looks like he does a lil super quick fake to the left before going right, just to throw his defender off balance.

Durantula35
04-29-2011, 02:41 PM
You'll notice he has two main types of first steps. One where he just explodes to the right. And the other where he plants his right foot and stays stationery, so the defender leans first and then just as the defender is bringing his body back to center, MJ just explodes to the right.

Pretty amazing.

juju151111
04-29-2011, 03:12 PM
He slightly fakes one way and explodes the other. Which is why you see the defenders looking the other way has he blows pass them. Look closely and u will see the fake. He was fast has hell in the 80s.

Calabis
04-29-2011, 03:41 PM
He slightly fakes one way and explodes the other. Which is why you see the defenders looking the other way has he blows pass them. Look closely and u will see the fake. He was fast has hell in the 80s.

yup and then the article at age 33-34 were peers still considered his first step the best in the league....almost let's you know how ridiculous it must have been to see up close(defending)

DuMa
04-29-2011, 03:44 PM
black cat

Batz
04-29-2011, 03:52 PM

OhNoTimNoSho
04-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Great Thred...I have been mentioning this long time now
Guys cmon.. listen to this guy... he's ahead of his time.

LA_Showtime
04-29-2011, 04:42 PM
"ignored by the haters." right. you guys just make up stuff now. :oldlol:

personally i think his endurance is the most underrated aspect of his game. the guy just had unnatural amounts of energy.

OldSchoolBBall
04-29-2011, 05:07 PM
black cat

Best nickname ever imo, given to him by many players in the late 80's/early 90's (Tim Hardaway, for one). Too bad it didn't stick. He was also called "The Glove" well before Gary Payton (see 1992 Dream Team interviews of Chuck Daly et al.).

Jordan had the best first step in history imo regardless of size. Whether it was the QUICKEST is debatable, but only when comparing him to guys 6'3" and under. But his was the most effective because of its speed, length of the step, and springiness as others have mentioned. To this day, MJ is the only player I've ever seen who could ROUTINELY simply face up a defender, choose a direction, and blow by them in that direction without any foot-fakes or fancy dribble moves to get the defender off balance. Even prime AI didn't do this as frequently as Jordan. Ridiculous speed in his youth.

Psileas
04-29-2011, 05:25 PM
I always claimed that Jordan's first step and acrobatic layups were the most exciting features in his game and among the most exciting features the game has ever seen. His kind of body control/balance is almost uinque.

(At last, I'm seeing that play at 1:45 from its normal angle. Among my favorite lay-ups ever).

Crown&Coke
04-29-2011, 05:30 PM

personally i think his endurance is the most underrated aspect of his game. the guy just had unnatural amounts of energy.

I thought it was his strength. He routinely had bigger guys on him but he shed them like lightweights. But he rarely missed a game and played big mins everynight.

Calabis
04-29-2011, 05:41 PM

Agree that this is another huge thing, left off the list of abilities. Isiah Thomas mentioned this, he stated he is like the energizer bunny, he never seemed tired

brwnman
04-29-2011, 06:22 PM
One of the quickest first steps of all time. It's the fake that sets it up.

however, a lot of sh*t D was being played in those videos though...

OldSchoolBBall
04-29-2011, 07:05 PM
One of the quickest first steps of all time. It's the fake that sets it up.

however, a lot of sh*t D was being played in those videos though...

Jordan blowing by Allan Houston at age 35 with Houston (26 years old) giving him about 6 feet of space to boot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb0BJ1or_gc#t=3m33s

Guess that was "shit defense." Couldn't be that Jordan MADE defenders look like shit, right? A couple of my favorite examples of MJ's first step:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT9P_OY5bpc#t=1m06s (again, defender about 5-6 feet off him, and Jordan goes from a standstill to full speed in the blink of an eye. Look how quickly he lowers himself and accelerates to full speed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dARp3MYkeQM#t=1m42s (age 33 here, again with the defender giving him 5+ feet of space and he instantly explodes past them)

bizil
04-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Jordan blowing by Allan Houston at age 35 with Houston (26 years old) giving him about 6 feet of space to boot:

Guess that was "shit defense." Couldn't be that Jordan MADE defenders look like shit, right?

Great point! Jordan was such a freakish athlete that even when he slowed a tad he was still so explosive. And MJ at 35 was clearly the best player in the L. And I feel could been for at least 2 more years. Now u had Shaq tearing shit up around that time and Shaq was the most physically dominant. But MJ was still the best at 35. I think Jordan's first step is what seperates he and Kobe. Kobe has a great first step too but not like Mike. Actually I think Wade is close to Mike in terms of that first step.

So for all those that are quick to say a player HAS to fall off in mid 30's is sadly mistaken. Mike proved that theory wrong. Malone, Nique, Kareem, Ray and other legends have has well. Cause even if they slow a tad they are often times better than everybody else at what they do well. If a player isn't injury prone or suffer a horrific injury it's logical to still be the best at 35. Now if someone comes along who just might be better that's different. But that's not an indictment on a player's ability.

rodman91
04-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Even 38-40 years old jordan gave a lot of damage with that first step to much younger legs like Garnett,Richardson,Artest...

Even without first step,in Late Bulls years he was still one of the quickest guys around. It's quite weird that 35 years old guy as quick as new generation.

Another thing usually unnoticed about Jordan, he didn't need crossovers much.He was changing his directions simply but very quick & sudden so it was probably more effective than a crossover.J.Kidd had a poor version of it when he was younger.

brwnman
04-29-2011, 08:12 PM

Guess that was "shit defense." Couldn't be that Jordan MADE defenders look like shit, right? A couple of my favorite examples of MJ's first step:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT9P_OY5bpc#t=1m06s (again, defender about 5-6 feet off him, and Jordan goes from a standstill to full speed in the blink of an eye. Look how quickly he lowers himself and accelerates to full speed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dARp3MYkeQM#t=1m42s (age 33 here, again with the defender giving him 5+ feet of space and he instantly explodes past them)

Why are you getting mad? It was sh*t D; get over it. When a player as great as Michael Jordon is there, you give him one thing and take away other things. Playing one on one is a bad idea. And maybe the defense was forcing him right (towards the baseline in most cases), but IN THAT VIDEO, the execution of the help defense was atrocious. That's not to say that defense in that era was terrible, or teams weer garbage, etc. I'm talking about FROM THAT VIDEO! No need to get your panties in a bunch...

OldSchoolBBall
04-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Even 38-40 years old jordan gave a lot of damage with that first step to much younger legs like Garnett,Richardson,Artest...

Even without first step,in Late Bulls years he was still one of the quickest guys around. It's quite weird that 35 years old guy as quick as new generation.

Another thing usually unnoticed about Jordan, he didn't need crossovers much.He was changing his directions simply but very quick & sudden so it was probably more effective than a crossover.J.Kidd had a poor version of it when he was younger.

True. Here are a couple of my favorite examples of Wizards Jordan's first step:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKKhY4BGhNM&feature=related#t=2m13s (blows by Shawn Marion - reputedly great defender - despite Marion giving ground)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHk-wBYNMEs#t=1m09s (you can actually picture him telling the defender ""hey, I may be 39 years old, but you still cant play me that tight and not expect to get blown by." lol Dude got around defenders so easily regardless of how aggressively they were playing or how intense they looked, like that guy tried to do.)

elementally morale
04-29-2011, 08:24 PM
http://only-sneakers.ru/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/air-jordan-7-baby.jpg

whosegameisit
04-29-2011, 08:31 PM
The little hesitation freezes the defender for a split second. Both Kobe and MJ are very good at utilizing it.

Kobe explaining the move:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OpWb4Y7QeY&playnext=1&list=PL8CF5AA451BC65F5C#t=0m40s

whosegameisit
04-29-2011, 08:35 PM
this

LA_Showtime
04-29-2011, 09:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKKhY4BGhNM&feature=related#t=2m13s (blows by Shawn Marion - reputedly great defender - despite Marion giving ground)

Right...

OldSchoolBBall
04-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Right...

Right what? You telling me that Marion was never considered a great defender?

eliteballer
04-29-2011, 11:34 PM
Jordan like all players in the 80's to mid 90's carried significantly less muscle mass than the players today. They all look fast, especially when you're just watching highlights.

Imagine how much quicker LeBron for example would be if he slimmed down to the same weight as Jordan.

rodman91
04-30-2011, 02:02 PM
T-Mac also had one of the quickest first step.He had it quicker than Kobe,Vince. Wade has too.

nightprowler10
04-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Jordan like all players in the 80's to mid 90's carried significantly less muscle mass than the players today. They all look fast, especially when you're just watching highlights.

Imagine how much quicker LeBron for example would be if he slimmed down to the same weight as Jordan.
This is a good point. His strength with that frame was so amazing.

DMAVS41
04-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Right what? You telling me that Marion was never considered a great defender?

GOAT owning prime Marion. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

And people think he'd struggle in the game today.
:facepalm

Samurai Swoosh
04-30-2011, 02:15 PM
Jordan's first step was literally ridiculous. He was like the road runner. And then you hadd his length and size to it. He had the motor of a young Allen Iverson / Derrick Rose on a 6'6 SUPER athletic frame.

As a 38 - 40 year old. It wasn't Jordan's first step that was killing the then new generation. It was his savvy ball fakes, jab steps, and he knew which feet to attack on a defensive player.

Warriors fan
04-30-2011, 04:32 PM
True. Here are a couple of my favorite examples of Wizards Jordan's first step:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHk-wBYNMEs#t=1m09s (you can actually picture him telling the defender ""hey, I may be 39 years old, but you still cant play me that tight and not expect to get blown by." lol Dude got around defenders so easily regardless of how aggressively they were playing or how intense they looked, like that guy tried to do.)
The second video was good but Marion wasn't even playing defense in the first video he just let him go.

The Next Jordan
04-30-2011, 04:33 PM
T-Mac also had one of the quickest first step.He had it quicker than Kobe,Vince. Wade has too.
Vince didn't really have a quick first step, he just took long strides.

rodman91
04-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Vince didn't really have a quick first step, he just took long strides.

Yeah.Lebron doesn't have too.

Samurai Swoosh
04-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Lebron doesn't have too.
LeBron's first step is ATROCIOUS now.

He seriously needs to drop 15 - 20 lbs and get back to his physique and playing weight from 2006, 2007, and 2008 where he was WAY more explosive.

Whats the point in all his weight anyway? He's the size of a PF who doesn't play in the post, or do it well when he is in the post. haha

He's a strong finisher as it is ... the weight does nothing but slow him down. Strength isn't entirely mass based.

rodman91
04-30-2011, 04:59 PM

He seriously needs to drop 15 - 20 lbs and get back to his physique and playing weight from 2006, 2007, and 2008 where he was WAY more explosive.

Whats the point in all his weight anyway? He's the size of a PF who doesn't play in the post, or do it well when he is in the post. haha

He's a strong finisher as it is ... the weight does nothing but slow him down. Strength isn't entirely mass based.

Unless he develops great post skills and use his body more in down low like Barkley , it's not useful. He was already much stronger than other SFs and guards when he had less mass. Artest also made same mistake.He was better at defending perimeter players when he wasn't as big as now. (pacers years)

HB40TheNextStar
04-30-2011, 05:03 PM
I forgot how quick Stack's first step was in his prime. Absolute beast.

che guevara
04-30-2011, 05:05 PM

Lebron's first step has always sucked. Even in '08 he rarely did anything but jab step and shoot jumpers out of the triple threat.

And yeah, Jordan had possibly the best first step ever for a wing. Just ridiculous explosion, and the way he can explode past his man and pull up perfectly on balance is incredible. Unparalleled balance and body control.

hammer2010
04-30-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm reading this thread after blazing a spliff so I have that 'mj' perspective. Just thinking about how crazy it would've been manning Mj up is blowing my mind :lol Like Im thinking about it and imagine how sickening it would've the day before if you were known as a defensive stopper and you were given the assignment of stopping Mike.

I would probably be throwing up the day before just thinking about what kind of a complete animal Jordan was. He could literally ruin your reputation in one game that took years to build. Damn!!! :pimp:

rodman91
04-30-2011, 05:10 PM
I'm reading this thread after blazing a spliff so I have that 'mj' perspective. Just thinking about how crazy it would've been manning Mj up is blowing my mind :lol Like Im thinking about it and imagine how sickening it would've the day before if you were known as a defensive stopper and you were given the assignment of stopping Mike.

I would probably be throwing up the day before just thinking about what kind of a complete animal Jordan was. He could literally ruin your reputation in one game that took years to build. Damn!!! :pimp:

On the other hand, nobody would expect you to stop jordan.. so if you can slow him down a little bit, you would be hero.:rockon:

hammer2010
04-30-2011, 05:15 PM
On the other hand, nobody would expect you to stop jordan.. so if you can slow him down a little bit, you would be hero.:rockon:

Ya but given Jordan's reputation and his ability to suck the life out of anyone's soul, I wonder how many people would go into a head to head match up with him feeling anything other than complete and crippling dread. Outward and fake bravado aside.

On a side note I would love to see a documentary made on this subject. There was one made on ALI it was called 'Facing Ali' where his opponents would way in on the experience of facing Muhammad Ali. Would love a 'FACING MICHAEL' documentary.

rodman91
04-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Ya but given Jordan's reputation and his ability to suck the life out of anyone's soul, I wonder how many people would go into a head to head match up with him feeling anything other than complete and crippling dread. Outward and fake bravado aside.

On a side note I would love to see a documentary made on this subject. There was one made on ALI it was called 'Facing Ali' where his opponents would way in on the experience of facing Muhammad Ali. Would love a 'FACING MICHAEL' documentary.

I don't know if it was a part of documentary but i remember that Steve Smith solution to defend Jordan. "Don't look into his eyes" thats how you might have a chance to not fire up his competitiveness.:lol

I think one of the coaches told best way to defend Jordan breaking his ankles or something like that. :lol

Personally,even if i was great defender, i wouldn't like to match up with these guys.

Magic,Jordan,Iverson,Shaq.

Magic because even his off night he could make me look like an idiot with ball fakes,passes.
Jordan, crazy scoring with highlight moves..and toying me with ball fakes.
Iverson, 6'0 165 pound guy can break my ankles and sit me down on my ass while scoring 40,50.
Shaq... Dunk on my face almost at everytime when he gets ball at down low.I could have a new year calendar with me being posterized in just one game.

bond10
04-30-2011, 05:31 PM

True, he needs to lose weight for sure. Even then Lebron's said his first step was weak, it was his 2nd and 3rd where he really kills you.

eliteballer
04-30-2011, 06:03 PM
LMAO @ T-Mac having a quicker first step than Kobe. I remember back when I saw Orlando T-Mac play I was surprised how slow he seemed since I was used to watching Kobe.

rodman91
04-30-2011, 07:00 PM
LMAO @ T-Mac having a quicker first step than Kobe. I remember back when I saw Orlando T-Mac play I was surprised how slow he seemed since I was used to watching Kobe.

Kobe had quick first step but.. Prime T-Mac's first step was deadly one.

T-Mac>Kobe>Vince at first step back in 00's. (i didn't count Iverson because he was small even for a pg.)

Indian guy
04-30-2011, 07:49 PM
LMAO @ T-Mac having a quicker first step than Kobe.

I think Kobe was quicker overall(superior acceleration) but purely from a standpoint of 1st step, 00-03 T-Mac was a freak. Especially driving left. Nobody was more explosive from standstill on that left base line than him.

Ikill
04-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Kobe had quick first step but.. Prime T-Mac's first step was deadly one.

T-Mac>Kobe>Vince at first step back in 00's. (i didn't count Iverson because he was small even for a pg.)
What about Wades

Indian guy
04-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Lebron's first step has always sucked.

Exactly. It doesn't just suck "now". A first step is something LeBron never had. Since the improvement in his jumper 3 years ago, the nonexistent first step is by far the biggest issue in his game. It completely dictates the style of ball he plays.

rodman91
04-30-2011, 08:18 PM
What about Wades

Wade has quick first step too.Especially before injury and got bigger (before The Jaw) he had one of the quickest first step.Still has very quick one.

rodman91
04-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Exactly. It doesn't just suck "now". A first step is something LeBron never had. Since the improvement in his jumper 3 years ago, the nonexistent first step is by far the biggest issue in his game. It completely dictates the style of ball he plays.

Agreed.He has never had a quick first step.Second,third or fourth one make difference though.

He can't have quick first step now but he can have a nice post game.It's such a waste to see a strong and big guy doesn't destroy other team with using post. Jordan,Magic had it. Even much smaller guard like Payton had a post game.

He better start to work on his post game all day&night in this summer.Having a great post game with such size,would make him unstoppable.

G-Funk
04-30-2011, 08:42 PM
Man, Those Defenses Were Horrible.. They Just Let Him Go 1 On 1.

Harion
05-01-2011, 01:33 AM
Man, Those Defenses Were Horrible.. They Just Let Him Go 1 On 1.
stupid post of the year. :facepalm ask someone with a brain to explain to you why.

andgar923
05-01-2011, 02:39 AM
I've always mentioned that MJ was a 6'6 version of AI.

I believe I told this story once....

When I was in college, this dude from the basketball team played pick up with MJ at the Warner lot (when he was filming Space Jam). He described MJ as the fastest person he's ever seen. Said he was quicker than pgs under 6'0.

One of my friends had front row seats at a Lakers game once, and told me that he's never seen anybody go from point 'A' to point 'B' as fast as he did. He said he was amazed at how fast he was, and that's what was left embedded in his memory.

Now, there's one thing to be noted here.

It's one thing to be fast.

It's another to be freakishly fast, under control, precise and know how to use it.

People always complain that Mj got tons of open shots, and like Oldschool mentioned, he CREATED his opportunities.

The defense aimed and prepped to guide him to the left, yet even when they did force him left, he still beat them.

People complain that Mj was guarded by shorter players, well.... that's because they were the ones best qualified to stay in front of him. Players his height had no chance of staying in front of him, he'd just blow by them. We saw multiple examples of MJ leaving them standing still in their tracks. He was like a blur to them. Shorter players had a lower center of gravity and quicker feet, they had the best chance at staying in front of him, but even they couldn't do that. As we've seen, even a Wizards MJ was beating younger players with consistency and ease.

hammer2010
05-01-2011, 02:52 AM
I've always mentioned that MJ was a 6'6 version of AI.

I believe I told this story once....

When I was in college, this dude from the basketball team played pick up with MJ at the Warner lot (when he was filming Space Jam). He described MJ as the fastest person he's ever seen. Said he was quicker than pgs under 6'0.

One of my friends had front row seats at a Lakers game once, and told me that he's never seen anybody go from point 'A' to point 'B' as fast as he did. He said he was amazed at how fast he was, and that's what was left embedded in his memory.

Now, there's one thing to be noted here.

It's one thing to be fast.

It's another to be freakishly fast, under control, precise and know how to use it.

People always complain that Mj got tons of open shots, and like Oldschool mentioned, he CREATED his opportunities.

The defense aimed and prepped to guide him to the left, yet even when they did force him left, he still beat them.

People complain that Mj was guarded by shorter players, well.... that's because they were the ones best qualified to stay in front of him. Players his height had no chance of staying in front of him, he'd just blow by them. We saw multiple examples of MJ leaving them standing still in their tracks. He was like a blur to them. Shorter players had a lower center of gravity and quicker feet, they had the best chance at staying in front of him, but even they couldn't do that. As we've seen, even a Wizards MJ was beating younger players with consistency and ease.

Great post! I've always maintained that MJ was the android version of Kobe. Skill wise they are very similar but it was Mj's freakish speed, control and balance that sets him apart from Kobe.

eliteballer
05-01-2011, 02:58 AM
Jim Cleamons said Kobe was faster than MJ.

Odinn
05-01-2011, 02:58 AM
The one has great first step is James Worthy.:applause:
Despite his size, he was like a 6-5 guard.:applause:

hammer2010
05-01-2011, 03:04 AM

Jim Cleamons was probably just brown nosing Kobe perhaps positioning himself to be Kobe's pick for Head coach when Phil retired. :oldlol: No way Kobe is faster than MJ. Not even close! When did he say this btw?..

Poochymama
05-01-2011, 03:36 AM

It must be true then, screw what we can see with our eyes, that can't be real.

rodman91
05-01-2011, 04:24 AM

Which version of Jordan? second threepeat probably.

bumpyknucks
05-01-2011, 07:03 AM
Its so quick because he travels every time........

Never Mind: I