PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose Mvp Speech....

MalikWadeCounty
05-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Congrats Chi-town, the goods return themselves to the windy city after 13 years. :cheers:

Arguably one of the best MVP Award speeches, atleast of recent memory.
Here's the speech from earlier today.

www.csnchicago.com/pages/video?PID=eoCT_mywiobesGtsUI_x4mcxyeHFKZpX

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/2011/news/05/03/derrick.rose.wins.mvp.ap/derrick-rose-0503.jpg

Brook(lyn)Lopez
05-03-2011, 08:26 PM
This speech is a lot better then his shooting percentages as of late.

Ruh-Roh
05-03-2011, 08:32 PM
It was a great speech, I agree. Seem's like he has a good heart.

Doctor K
05-03-2011, 08:33 PM
I was in tears

Ruh-Roh
05-03-2011, 08:36 PM
I heard he's giving the trophy to his mom for mother's day. Wow.

kaiiu
05-03-2011, 08:37 PM
:applause: :applause:

FROM THE HEART

catch24
05-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Dude has class. Respect D-Rose!

mrpuente
05-03-2011, 08:40 PM
i liked it, almost brought my a$$ to tears:applause:

Mr. I'm So Rad
05-03-2011, 08:41 PM
:cry: :applause: :cry:

Dengness9
05-03-2011, 08:44 PM
I teared up when he starting talking bout his mother. I'm just so damn proud of the kid.

He's so genuine and his character outweighing his basketball skills is what has always made me so high on him.

We as NBA fans are lucky to have players like Rose, so young but such maturity and humility.

Congrats D-Rose, you deserve everything coming to you.

hkfosho
05-03-2011, 08:58 PM
I cried like a sissy girl

Stat & Melo
05-03-2011, 09:07 PM
I teared up when he starting talking bout his mother. I'm just so damn proud of the kid.

He's so genuine and his character outweighing his basketball skills is what has always made me so high on him.

We as NBA fans are lucky to have players like Rose, so young but such maturity and humility.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

DRose.IS.da.MAN
05-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Man, I feel so happy for him, he grew up with a single mom, seeing all the hard work his mom did to raise and support all the kids in the family in a troubled neighborhood by working 2 jobs, I think he gets his competitive nature and humbleness from his mom. You could tell he appreciates all the stuff that he has right now, unlike a lot of athletes. That's why I can see him getting better and better every season because you know that he will never think he has reached his limit.

DRose.IS.da.MAN
05-03-2011, 09:11 PM

What's wrong with that? Some people have gone through the same problems as he has as a kid growing up and can relate to it.

hkfosho
05-03-2011, 09:12 PM
What the fvck is funny about growing up in a rough neighborhood, watching your mom raise four sons and finally being able to repay her for what she's meant to him in his life? Get your f@ggot ass outta here.

N0Skillz
05-03-2011, 09:22 PM
What the fvck is funny about growing up in a rough neighborhood, watching your mom raise four sons and finally being able to repay her for what she's meant to him in his life? Get your f@ggot ass outta here.

he laughing at the guy for crying over roses speech

pete's montreux
05-03-2011, 09:24 PM
arguably one of the best mvp speeches? :roll:

care to name your other favorites? :rolleyes:

LilKateMoss
05-03-2011, 09:33 PM
That wasn't even an acceptance speech, that was just a thanking speech, and a particularly awful one at that. It's quite obvious the kid is dumber than a sawdust sandwich. It was heartfelt, though, and I respect that.

Rhinox
05-03-2011, 09:36 PM
That wasn't even an acceptance speech, that was just a thanking speech, and a particularly awful one at that. It's quite obvious the kid is dumber than a sawdust sandwich. It was heartfelt, though, and I respect that.

Trust this guy. He knows what he is talking about after all he is the footlong of the dumb sawdust sandwiches.

ballerz
05-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Great to see a modest and down to earth mvp

Dengness9
05-03-2011, 09:44 PM
he laughing at the guy for crying over roses speech

I've been watching Rose since H.S. I have no shame in getting emotional watching my City's native son bring home the MVP trophy.

A lot of you have no idea how hard it is in Rose's old hood to get out alive. Y'all ever see the murder rate in Chicago over the last 5-10 years? More lives lost there than in Iraq, and there's a damn war going on there.

And a lot of people don't know what it's like to have only 1 parent, who sacrifices everything for their children.

For the guy who made fun of me, and this other clown Noskillz....judging by your ignorance, you'd never make it out of any southside Chicago neighborhood alive.

You laugh cuz you don't understand the struggle.

hkfosho
05-03-2011, 09:48 PM

Lebron could learn how to be humble from this kid

DRose.IS.da.MAN
05-03-2011, 09:49 PM

He's just really shy in public you idiot. If that was you up there with millions of people watching you, you would shlt in your pants. It's easy to sit behind your computer and act all hard. :hammerhead:

donald_trump
05-03-2011, 09:52 PM
bulls fans now claiming rose is the mvp of mvp speeches.

whats next?

Clippersfan86
05-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Good job Rose. Fu** all the haters bringing up your shooting percentages and trying to say you didn't earn MVP. Rose fuels the Bulls in everything they do. I'm proud of his hard work. Nobody thought he would be an MVP in 3 seasons. I hope Blake can do the same :D. Congrats Chicago fans on your organization building you guys back into title contenders. You got a hell of a player going forward in Rose. People are so quick to talk about his shooting woes but forget his rookie debut in the playoffs when he dominated.

He will bounce back.

ballinhun8
05-03-2011, 09:57 PM

whats next?

Where do you see any of that???

Quit lying to yourself to make Rose look bad kid.

donald_trump
05-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Where do you see any of that???

Quit lying to yourself to make Rose look bad kid.

its his fans that look bad.

rose is a great player. you guys look like fools.

Tarik One
05-03-2011, 10:07 PM

Hell, I can't remember ANY MVP speeches. :oldlol: Dude's talking out of his ass.

Kingwillball
05-03-2011, 10:09 PM
DRose seems like a Good person along with being a great player..

ballinhun8
05-03-2011, 10:13 PM
its his fans that look bad.

rose is a great player. you guys look like fools.

That is exactly what I thought. You claim something, and yet don't have any proof to back it up....

Jasper
05-03-2011, 10:22 PM
At least his speech wasn't a Dirk speech :confusedshrug:

Congrad's rose ... everyone else had numbers and were 1a.

I have to think that as a PG with a 4 dime average -- - has to be the lowest for a MVP PG in league history.

Rhinox
05-03-2011, 10:29 PM
At least his speech wasn't a Dirk speech :confusedshrug:

Congrad's rose ... everyone else had numbers and were 1a.

I have to think that as a PG with a 4 dime average -- - has to be the lowest for a MVP PG in league history.
:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

PBJ_Time
05-03-2011, 10:37 PM
I don't like some of his fans, and I think his MVP selection was debatable...

However, I'm truly happy for this kid. There aren't enough talented, yet humble players to go around in this league. It was honest and genuine...and the kid is a great talent.

Zack Ryder
05-03-2011, 10:48 PM

lol :roll: :roll: :roll: YEAH BRO STAT AND MELO BROSKI

WOO WOO WOO YOU KNOW IT

GOBB
05-03-2011, 10:51 PM
:oldlol: @males tearing up over an MVP speech. Grow a pair.

strifed169
05-03-2011, 10:53 PM
D Rose ******gers jizzing themselves over an emotional MVP speech, disturbing

GOBB
05-03-2011, 10:53 PM

:roll: He wont be able too. Probably googling and youtubing his ass off trying to find a way to defend himself now.

nathanjizzle
05-03-2011, 10:54 PM
:cry:

Thankyou D Rose for the journey you have brought us on so far.

nathanjizzle
05-03-2011, 10:57 PM
http://www.eurweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Obama-crying.jpg

nightprowler10
05-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Haha, the announcer ****ed up his stats.

But yeah, good speech. Very heart felt.

LastEpisode
05-03-2011, 11:07 PM

whats next?
Says who? Stop saying things that came out of your a$$..

Disaprine
05-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Congrats Chi-town, the goods return themselves to the windy city after 13 years. :cheers:

Arguably one of the best MVP Award speeches, atleast of recent memory.
Here's the speech from earlier today.

www.csnchicago.com/pages/video?PID=eoCT_mywiobesGtsUI_x4mcxyeHFKZpX

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/2011/news/05/03/derrick.rose.wins.mvp.ap/derrick-rose-0503.jpg
:applause:

Disaprine
05-03-2011, 11:31 PM
http://devishot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/tumblr_l6au59REqG1qa6kqao1_5004.jpg

VishaltotheG
05-03-2011, 11:33 PM
:oldlol: @males tearing up over an MVP speech. Grow a pair.

:rolleyes:

F*cking mailman trying to be a tough guy.

GOBB
05-03-2011, 11:43 PM

Tough guy because you soft ass human beings are emotional over an MVP speech? Nothing he said drew emotion besides talkin about his mother. Something many players have done before. Did you draw tears then?

Let me check my D.Wade is a lame dude thread. I hope I dont see no tough guy replies in it from you. BRB

Funny part is you try to clown using "mailman" when Rose is tearing up over his mom working to provide for his family. How lame do you sound trying to clown people with jobs? After you teared up over this MVP speech you genius.

I.Malcolm
05-03-2011, 11:47 PM
Tough guy because you soft ass human beings are emotional over an MVP speech? Nothing he said drew emotion besides talkin about his mother. Something many players have done before. Did you draw tears then?

Let me check my D.Wade is a lame dude thread. I hope I dont see no tough guy replies in it from you. BRB

Funny part is you try to clown using "mailman" when Rose is tearing up over his mom working to provide for his family. How lame do you sound trying to clown people with jobs? After you teared up over this MVP speech you genius.
How does one balance a fulfilling career with a 200 post per day life on ISH?

GOBB
05-03-2011, 11:51 PM

Considering I dont post 200 posts per day I wouldnt know.

G-train
05-03-2011, 11:55 PM
why would I bother even watching the speech?
wouldn't even bother if it was a heat player.

DuMa
05-03-2011, 11:56 PM
its a nice heartfelt speech and nice thing to do for your mother but its hard for me to listen to rose speak without thinking this guy cannot speak at all.

Mr. Jabbar
05-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Worst MVP ever
Best MVP speech ever

Grats Drose, now beat Atlanta.

Scoooter
05-04-2011, 12:06 AM
I teared up a bit, but in my defense my hormones are just going crazy right now. I hope I'm not pregnant.

I can NOT get pregnant right now.

Alonzo Magic
05-04-2011, 12:13 AM
I teared up when he was looking at his mother with no words to describe the appreciation he had for her. Seems like a good kid.

Rose
05-04-2011, 12:15 AM
Humble speech by a humble player. :applause:

nightprowler10
05-04-2011, 12:17 AM
I teared up when he was looking at his mother with no words to describe the appreciation he had for her.
Yeah this. The rest was pretty run of the mill stuff. But that really got me.

donald_trump
05-04-2011, 12:19 AM
I teared up when he was looking at his mother with no words to describe the appreciation he had for her. Seems like a good kid.

i teared up when i realized the reason he had no words was because he was stupid and couldnt speak properly.

nightprowler10
05-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Tough guy because you soft ass human beings are emotional over an MVP speech? Nothing he said drew emotion besides talkin about his mother.
Way to contradict yourself. And it wasn't the fact that he talked about his mother, you're right in saying that everyone does, but the way he just looked at her all speechless really blind sided me. Like there were no words to describe what she meant to him.

He's a good kid. I wish him nothing but success.

lilblingy
05-04-2011, 12:21 AM
I was in tears
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

AIR CONGO
05-04-2011, 12:22 AM
congrats D Rose

Alonzo Magic
05-04-2011, 12:24 AM
i teared up when i realized the reason he had no words was because he was stupid and couldnt speak properly.

He wasn't really snatching for words at that moment. In any case, you don't really need to bathe someone in eloquence to convey your emotion. That stare showed more than words ever could.

nightprowler10
05-04-2011, 12:27 AM
Look at all these tough guys here. Look I'm not saying it was a great speech or that he's a good orator, but surely it's easy to see how some people might relate to his struggles and his attitude coming from a shitty background, and yet none of the success seems to go to his head. It's refreshing to see is all.

Seriously, take a ****ing chill pill.

kabalcage
05-04-2011, 12:36 AM
Better speech than LeBron's in which he flexed his muscles and told us how great he thinks he is.

PBJ_Time
05-04-2011, 12:36 AM
Get out of here with that garbage. He's a kid on a world stage, giving the biggest speech he's ever had to give.

Give me the heartfelt, REAL speech over a well-executed, fake speech ANY day of the week.

The funny thing is, he's out there being a basketball superstar, while you sit on an internet forum bashing him.

I don't even agree that he should be the MVP but some blind Rose bashers are ridiculous. Now, I can halfway see why there are so many annoying Rose fans...it's because they have to deal with smacktards on a daily basis.

nightprowler10
05-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Get out of here with that garbage. He's a kid on a world stage, giving the biggest speech he's ever had to give.

Give me the heartfelt, REAL speech over a well-executed, fake speech ANY day of the week.

The funny thing is, he's out there being a basketball superstar, while you sit on an internet forum bashing him.

I don't even agree that he should be the MVP but some blind Rose bashers are ridiculous. Now, I can halfway see why there are so many annoying Rose fans...it's because they have to deal with smacktards on a daily basis.
I'm stealing that one.

GOBB
05-04-2011, 12:46 AM
Way to contradict yourself. And it wasn't the fact that he talked about his mother, you're right in saying that everyone does, but the way he just looked at her all speechless really blind sided me. Like there were no words to describe what she meant to him.

He's a good kid. I wish him nothing but success.

Where was the contradiction? You guys teared up because he spoke about his mother? Something athletes have done long before Rose delivered a speech? Come on. Grow a pair.

F*ck outta here. :oldlol:

Thats like me crying with Allen Iverson when he started sobbing when talkin about Larry Brown on the Stephen S Smith show. Aint no tears develop in my eyes.

ReturnofJPR
05-04-2011, 12:49 AM
Was there ever any doubt? Rose's older brothers, like Reggie, groomed him to be the ideal player that he is today. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Derrick Rose and his family.

:bowdown:

Hahaha, watch out...Gobb might go Postal on your azz!

Seriously though, with the recession Gobb lost his job with the FEDZ. True, he is a full-time NARC but he is now working in a warehouse in south philly driving a fork lift for $9 an hour. That justifies his rage. Wait a minute...no it doesn't.

pauk
05-04-2011, 12:55 AM
such a humble guy... he was overwhelmed... always loved rose.....

but im an honest guy.... i always said rose is the last player i ever wanted to see be overrated.... and that wish didnt come true... he was extremly overrated and overhyped this season.... and his fans are worse than kobe fans ever were..... to the point where his fans were saying that he is the best player in the nba and so on.... the media comparing him to jordan and so on.... and i dont think he diserved the mvp.... and i dont think he is good as some of you think he is...

i never bashed rose... infact.. it was only his fans and his fans statements... i was only trying to put them down into reality... with FACTS... that rose is not as good as they want him to be or believe he is...

pauk
05-04-2011, 12:57 AM
Better speech than LeBron's in which he flexed his muscles and told us how great he thinks he is.

i hope you are joking?

GOBB
05-04-2011, 12:58 AM
Was there ever any doubt? Rose's older brothers, like Reggie, groomed him to be the ideal player that he is today. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Derrick Rose and his family.

Same guy who bashed Rose AND his brothers when he was in Memphis. Thugs, scumbags, gang bangers. My my my how times have changed.

Hahaha, watch out...Gobb might go Postal on your azz!

Seriously though, with the recession Gobb lost his job with the FEDZ. True, he is a full-time NARC but he is now working in a warehouse in south philly driving a fork lift for $9 an hour. That justifies his rage. Wait a minute...no it doesn't.

No I just went out and had a kid. So I hope he makes it in the NBA and wins MVP. So when he gives his speech? He can thank me for my hard work how I made sacrifices and such. Showed him love. And as he sits at the podium he tears up and says how can practice be hard when my dad made an honest living supporting me making sure I had a home and food to eat.

Then you are gonna either make a thread or enter one about his MVP speech and tell us how you teared up. :cry:

GOBB
05-04-2011, 01:00 AM
but he is now working in a warehouse in south philly driving a fork lift for $9 an hour.

Yeah making more than Derrick Rose mom made. But hey are you gonna clown what his mother did for a living? Or continue soaking up the top of your t shirt sobbing over the emotional speech you pansy? :cry:

:oldlol:

How can you diss anyones occupation after you give props to the MVP speech Rose gave? You kids look incredibly dumb.

nightprowler10
05-04-2011, 01:11 AM
What. The. ****.

I don't give two shits about the annoying angry posts GOBB might have anywhere on ISH, but no real man ****s with another about how he makes his living. Get out of here with that shit. A real man does whatever he needs to do to provide for his family, and anybody bringing it up to push his agenda needs a ****ing reality check.

Seriously, lowest of the low right here. I'm out of this shitty thread.

Alonzo Magic
05-04-2011, 01:13 AM
You should come to Australia GOBB, our mailmen ride motorbikes from post to post. Looks like the most chill job ever.

Undisputed
05-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Now that's the kinda guy that's going to bring Chicago another champion someday. MVP at 22, that's going to be a hard record to break.

dee-rose
05-04-2011, 01:16 AM
Good speech, I teared up when when he was talking about his mom. I don't give a shit.:lol You can tell they share a very special bond with each other.

trig
05-04-2011, 01:16 AM
a genuine emotion heartfelt speech > we da bess speech

GOBB
05-04-2011, 01:18 AM
You should come to Australia GOBB, our mailmen ride motorbikes from post to post. Looks like the most chill job ever.

Whats the weather like there? :lol

Kblaze8855
05-04-2011, 01:20 AM
I can only say I clearly remember what Hakeem, Karl Malone(97), and Jordan have said when the got the MVP so I dont know if its a good or bad one. Rarely pay attention to them. I suppose ill watch it though....

"Jesus"
05-04-2011, 01:25 AM

Mind-boggling. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Alonzo Magic
05-04-2011, 01:28 AM
Whats the weather like there? :lol

Depends where you go, but all comfortably better than Philly. :cheers:

donald_trump
05-04-2011, 01:30 AM

so everyone posting on a forum is a loser who has nothing to do? got ya...
you couldnt stand a simple joke and got so mad you popped a blood vessel.

good on him for playing basketball, the rest of us have lives too, not in the media spotlight. if you cant stand the fact hes going to get a joke thrown his way on occasion, dont come to a basketball forum.

ReturnofJPR
05-04-2011, 01:55 AM
Same guy who bashed Rose AND his brothers when he was in Memphis. Thugs, scumbags, gang bangers. My my my how times have changed.

No I just went out and had a kid. So I hope he makes it in the NBA and wins MVP. So when he gives his speech? He can thank me for my hard work how I made sacrifices and such. Showed him love. And as he sits at the podium he tears up and says how can practice be hard when my dad made an honest living supporting me making sure I had a home and food to eat.

Then you are gonna either make a thread or enter one about his MVP speech and tell us how you teared up. :cry:

Congrats on the kid, hopefully he/she is not as dumb as you. Congrats! :cheers: :applause:

OmniStrife
05-04-2011, 02:31 AM
Props to the kid making history! :applause:

Shout out to all Chicago fans, fukc them mad jealous haters. :cheers:
I remember all the heat we got when Nash won his 1st, but mostly 2nd. :roll:

I hope you get to defend your boy as well when he wins his 2nd. :pimp:

(e)
05-04-2011, 02:52 AM
Rose is such a humble dude it's insane.

Seriously hope he goes down as one of the greatest ever. He's only 22, here is to hoping he brings Chi town a Finals MVP soon.

The Next Jordan
05-04-2011, 06:41 AM
3 things.

1. That was a horrible speech
2. You all TEARED UP? Man the f*ck up!
3. As GOBB said, only good or emotional part of that speech was when he looked at his mother and paused. Not even so much what he said to her, just the emotions of the moment.

ChandlerParsons
05-04-2011, 07:01 AM
Oh gad.

rmt
05-04-2011, 08:05 AM
I'll take a humble, heart-felt speech over a slick, practiced production any day. Congrats, Rose.

blacknapalm
05-04-2011, 08:37 AM
it looked sincere and genuine. i don't need memorized verses thrown at the masses. regardless of where you stood on the MVP race (and i favored dwight)...when he gazed upon his mother and lost the words, it just seemed legit. it seemed like he was in the moment and was flooded by memories.

i didn't tear up but it was moving. trolling and pushing your agenda now is just weak. not everyone has to dig it of course but ya know...

it was also easy to see the rose is 'durr da durrr' subject coming a mile away. he's an athlete. why would we expect these guys to give nobel peace prize like speeches? vice versa as well, it doesn't matter to me even if there could be merit to it.

PrimeJohnnyDepp
05-04-2011, 08:39 AM
What the fvck is funny about growing up in a rough neighborhood, watching your mom raise four sons and finally being able to repay her for what she's meant to him in his life?
Everything.

PBJ_Time
05-04-2011, 08:41 AM
so everyone posting on a forum is a loser who has nothing to do? got ya...
you couldnt stand a simple joke and got so mad you popped a blood vessel.

good on him for playing basketball, the rest of us have lives too, not in the media spotlight. if you cant stand the fact hes going to get a joke thrown his way on occasion, dont come to a basketball forum.
Don't put words into my mouth. I just find it amusing that you are calling a kid stupid...one who happens to be a very successful person in life and a superstar in the NBA. He's doing something right... Nowhere did I say anybody (much less everybody) who is posting on a forum is a loser, so take your nonsense somewhere else.

If you can't stand someone calling you out on making ignorant statements, then don't come to a basketball forum (I can play your dumb game too.)

hkfosho
05-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Dumbfvcks detected in this thread:

Donald trump
GOBB
Primejohnnydepp
pauk

Success brings hate, truth hurts

"Jesus"
05-04-2011, 10:48 AM
3 things.

1. That was a horrible speech
2. You all TEARED UP? Man the f*ck up!
3. As GOBB said, only good or emotional part of that speech was when he looked at his mother and paused. Not even so much what he said to her, just the emotions of the moment.

Coming from the person who has Justin Bieber as their avatar. :rolleyes:

http://kttns.org/du4m2

Kellogs4toniee
05-04-2011, 12:10 PM

GOBB
05-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Dumbfvcks detected in this thread:

Donald trump
GOBB
Primejohnnydepp
pauk

Success brings hate, truth hurts

I have no hate towards Derrick Rose (2nd fav player today behind Wade) nor his success. And I didnt ride the guy on how he delivered the speech. It didnt bother me and I know everyone isnt good, great at public speaking. You're just a fanboy who swallows so much you really struggle with reading and comprehending what a persons point was to begin with. Your mind is cloudy. Start spitting.

thatoneblackguy
05-04-2011, 01:33 PM
I got a stiffy.

I.Malcolm
05-04-2011, 01:34 PM
I have no hate towards Derrick Rose (2nd fav player today behind Wade) nor his success. And I didnt ride the guy on how he delivered the speech. It didnt bother me and I know everyone isnt good, great at public speaking. You're just a fanboy who swallows so much you really struggle with reading and comprehending what a persons point was to begin with. Your mind is cloudy. Start spitting.
Is this the same guy that made a bawwwww thread after Wade dunked the ball at the end of the Philly series?

Really?

You're REALLY going to talk?

GOBB
05-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Is this the same guy that made a bawwwww thread after Wade dunked the ball at the end of the Philly series?

Really?

You're REALLY going to talk?

I didnt tear up nor cry. Not sure how that relates to me laughing at males tearing up, crying over an MVP speech. Its soft.

You're 0-2 so far.

Meticode
05-04-2011, 02:11 PM
What is this from? Michelle in the back looking cold-blooded. :roll:

tomtucker
05-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Why don

GOBB
05-04-2011, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE=tomtucker]Why don

Gunnin4HoLeS
05-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Geez Why is it so bad to feel teary eyed or feel some sort of connection with his speech when it comes from the Heart, whether you agree or not when it comes from the heart its a beautiful thing. Personally i dont get choked up but the part when he says that his days shouldnt be hard cause he loves what he does is the stomach turner.. like d@mn thats so true. not just to his moms but to all of us. We dont want to hear star athletes complain about practice, sore backs, injuries whern your getting paid boatloads of money to run, exercise etc . I connect with that, and to the other people that do so more than I do and get a little teary eyed i understand .

GOBB
05-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Geez Why is it so bad to feel teary eyed or feel some sort of connection with his speech when it comes from the Heart, whether you agree or not when it comes from the heart its a beautiful thing. Personally i dont get choked up but the part when he says that his days shouldnt be hard cause he loves what he does is the stomach turner.. like d@mn thats so true. not just to his moms but to all of us. We dont want to hear star athletes complain about practice, sore backs, injuries whern your getting paid boatloads of money to run, exercise etc . I connect with that, and to the other people that do so more than I do and get a little teary eyed i understand .

:cry: Touching post

tomtucker
05-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Rose is the opposite of a cocky bastard.............:applause:

opps
05-04-2011, 04:26 PM

LOL :lol

Great speech by Rose. Nothing but respect for him :applause: :applause:

step_back
05-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Regardless of whether or not you think he deserves it, you can't help but be pleased that a humble 22 year old is doing his best in this league.

Congratulations Rose, I think you deserved it and I look forward to more championships!

opps
05-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Regardless of whether or not you think he deserves it, you can't help but be pleased that a humble 22 year old is doing his best in this league.

Congratulations Rose, I think you deserved it and I look forward to more championships!

He is very inspiring. His work ethic, humbleness, and respect for the game :applause:

I.Malcolm
05-04-2011, 04:40 PM
I didnt tear up nor cry. Not sure how that relates to me laughing at males tearing up, crying over an MVP speech. Its soft.

You're 0-2 so far.
0-2? The 200 post comment was obvious hyperbole. If you don't know what that means a quick google reference can help.

No, you cried over a man dunking a ball in an already won basketball game.

What a clown :oldlol:

Professor Griff
05-04-2011, 04:42 PM
It was touching to see the love for his mother and not the average award speech like when Lebron held it at his old high school to make it seem like he does have a giant ego. Very genuine and cool to see from such a huge star.

KelticForce1349
05-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Derrick Rose earned the The 2011 MVP award with his on the court leadership and great play throughout the season while many of his best teammates were sidelined with injury. If there was any doubt in Basketball fans minds as to if Rose deserved the award, this speech should put your mind at ease.

Derrick Rose is an incredible Basketball player for sure. Derrick is great for his hometown city of Chicago and the Bulls, Rose is also a credit to the NBA itself. However, for all the talent this kid has, for all the effort he is making to utilize his gifts, for all the excitement Rose is bringing to people who enjoy Basketball, Derrick is proving himself to be an even better man off the court.

Charles Barkley may have been correct when he said athletes should not be role models. I can understand that. On the other hand it certainly does no one any harm to be exposed to Derrick Rose off the court. This wonderful young man is demonstrating that people can achieve their "wildest" dreams by working extremely hard and staying focused on what really maters in your life.

You don't have to scream and yell and pull your jersey to demonstrate your capabilities. It isn't necessary to have a giant ego that clashes with everyone else to believe in yourself. There is no need to put others down just to pull yourself up and be a winner. Rose has done so much already in his young NBA career; from #1 pick to ROY to MVP in just three seasons. Derrick has done all of these things in a calm and humble manor that everyone should be able to appreciate and be comfortable with.

I am so excited to be a Chicago Bulls fan and to have witnessed just the beginning of Derricks professional Basketball career. All of the awful years in the aftermath from the break-up of the Bulls dynasty in the 90's are now ancient history. The journey itself has really just started, this should be a great ride for everyone that comes along. You don't need to be a Bulls fan, you just need to love the game of Basketball.

I believe the authenticity demonstrated in this acceptance speech proves Derrick Rose is someone special in Basketball regardless of what team you cheer for.

The Ownage
05-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Shed tears over an MVP speech? :roll: :roll:

Well deserved, had a very good season. Thought he'd become a very good player but not this fast and certainly didn't think he would be an MVP this season.

But seriously, shed tears? :roll:

GOBB
05-04-2011, 05:05 PM
0-2? The 200 post comment was obvious hyperbole. If you don't know what that means a quick google reference can help.

The 200 post comment was dumb because you actually think a high post count means something offline. As if the relation with success, winner, fullfillment is within a post count. The higher well the worse off you are. Hey look at your post count. Incredibly low. Mensa member! :bowdown:

Such a role model for everyone to look up too.

So you took a loss there pal.

And what Wade did was a lame move. Anyone who has played organized basketball would agree with that. But hey you're such a winner offline you dont have time for trivial sports games.

0-3.

nathanjizzle
05-04-2011, 05:08 PM
The 200 post comment was dumb because you actually think a high post count means something offline. As if the relation with success, winner, fullfillment is within a post count. The higher well the worse off you are. Hey look at your post count. Incredibly low. Mensa member! :bowdown:

Such a role model for everyone to look up too.

So you took a loss there pal.

And what Wade did was a lame move. Anyone who has played organized basketball would agree with that. But hey you're such a winner offline you dont have time for trivial sports games.

0-3.

it means you have no life. no girlfriends to text, no boys to text, no where to be except at home averaging 200 posts a day. Even i am a loser and spend to much time on this forum and i dont average even 10 post a day.

Kellogs4toniee
05-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Derrick Rose earned the The 2011 MVP award with his on the court leadership and great play throughout the season while many of his best teammates were sidelined with injury. If there was any doubt in Basketball fans minds as to if Rose deserved the award, this speech should put your mind at ease.

Derrick Rose is an incredible Basketball player for sure. Derrick is great for his hometown city of Chicago and the Bulls, Rose is also a credit to the NBA itself. However, for all the talent this kid has, for all the effort he is making to utilize his gifts, for all the excitement Rose is bringing to people who enjoy Basketball, Derrick is proving himself to be an even better man off the court.

Charles Barkley may have been correct when he said athletes should not be role models. I can understand that. On the other hand it certainly does no one any harm to be exposed to Derrick Rose off the court. This wonderful young man is demonstrating that people can achieve their "wildest" dreams by working extremely hard and staying focused on what really maters in your life.

You don't have to scream and yell and pull your jersey to demonstrate your capabilities. It isn't necessary to have a giant ego that clashes with everyone else to believe in yourself. There is no need to put others down just to pull yourself up and be a winner. Rose has done so much already in his young NBA career; from #1 pick to ROY to MVP in just three seasons. Derrick has done all of these things in a calm and humble manor that everyone should be able to appreciate and be comfortable with.

I am so excited to be a Chicago Bulls fan and to have witnessed just the beginning of Derricks professional Basketball career. All of the awful years in the aftermath from the break-up of the Bulls dynasty in the 90's are now ancient history. The journey itself has really just started, this should be a great ride for everyone that comes along. You don't need to be a Bulls fan, you just need to love the game of Basketball.

I believe the authenticity demonstrated in this acceptance speech proves Derrick Rose is someone special in Basketball regardless of what team you cheer for.

Couldn't have said it better.

allball
05-04-2011, 05:10 PM
i had something in my eye

GOBB
05-04-2011, 05:22 PM
it means you have no life. no girlfriends to text, no boys to text, no where to be except at home averaging 200 posts a day. Even i am a loser and spend to much time on this forum and i dont average even 10 post a day.

Everything you said is false. If post counts werent counted what would you have to say? Nothing?

Uhhh you're a....uhhhh you're a...I mean uhhhh. Geeze why dont they bring back post count so I can decide whether I can call them a loser or not. :cry:

0-1 for you.

mans1ay3r
05-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Good speech, definitely from the heart. Although it seems he needs a lot of help getting up in the morning. :oldlol:

"Jesus"
05-04-2011, 06:13 PM

And the worst part of that thread was that he didn't even provide a link for it. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

GOBB
05-04-2011, 06:16 PM
And the worst part of that thread was that he didn't even provide a link for it. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Numerous links were posted in the thread. how am I gonnna provide you with a link if I made the thread directly after it happened? You're bright. No really, move your arm so I can copy off your test paper please :bowdown:

"Jesus"
05-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Numerous links were posted in the thread. how am I gonnna provide you with a link if I made the thread directly after it happened? You're bright. No really, move your arm so I can copy off your test paper please :bowdown:

I go into threads like those to see a link on the first page. I'm not going to flip through 15 pages looking for it.

There's an edit button. 40,000 posts and you haven't clued in? Use it. :bowdown:

emaugust
05-04-2011, 06:22 PM
One time I was getting ready to go out and I started jamming the old MJ era bulls intro on youtube real loud, and then I started crying. I am pretty sure it was tears of joy. Caught me off guard. What can you do - it's basketball :rockon:

I.Malcolm
05-04-2011, 06:23 PM

You're hilarious. Wrong, but hilarious.

0-42 thousand and something.

Jesus. 42 THOUSAND posts. If you averaged one minute per post that means you've spent 29 days of time on ISH, JUST counting posting, not including reading.

GOBB
05-04-2011, 06:27 PM
I go into threads like those to see a link on the first page. I'm not going to flip through 15 pages looking for it.

There's an edit button. 40,000 posts and you haven't clued in? Use it. :bowdown:

Playoffs on national TV...perhaps u tune in or watch a game feed to see what people are talkin about. I guess ISH and offline life (WINNER) occupied your time. :facepalm

GOBB
05-04-2011, 06:29 PM
You're hilarious. Wrong, but hilarious.

0-42 thousand and something.

Jesus. 42 THOUSAND posts. If you averaged one minute per post that means you've spent 29 days of time on ISH, JUST counting posting, not including reading.

I'm hardly wrong slapnuts.

And what kind of geek avgs out days on ISH? :roll:

But you have a life tho considering we're going back and forth.

You stay losing, even with a low post count. What would Derrick Rose say to you?

"Umm I think you should umm ummm humble yourself ummm I.Malcolm"

I.Malcolm
05-04-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm hardly wrong slapnuts.

And what kind of geek avgs out days on ISH? :roll:

But you have a life tho considering we're going back and forth.

You stay losing, even with a low post count. What would Derrick Rose say to you?

"Umm I think you should umm ummm humble yourself ummm I.Malcolm"
I'm losing? Averaging stats? How hard is it to divide a #?

Riiiight. Me with under 100 posts. I don't have a life. But a guy with 42 THOUSAND posts on an INTERNET BASKETBALL FORUM is trying to talk.

No, really. You are truly embarrassing yourself.

Whenever you want to talk sh*t to someone just remember:

GOBB has spent AT LEAST 700 HOURS on ISH on JUST HIS POSTS, not even counting time spent reading (assuming s/he even has any form of reading comprehension)

I.Malcolm
05-04-2011, 06:53 PM
And let's talk about sad, will we? You're a career MAIL MAN. A sixers fan. And it would seem you've replaced any sort of conventional life with the one on ISH. I suppose your post count is the only thing that can probably rival your real life weight. So I guess I don't blame you living vicariously through the internet.

But, yup, me with all of 80 something posts in a couple months... I'm the sad one.

So continue to look completely sad. Respond with your incoherent rabble and your emoticons. We know, GOBB, everyone does.

GOBB
05-04-2011, 07:06 PM
:roll: Kid is having an emotional break down. Need tissue? Look at you trying to factor out the hours now. I know I know "How hard is it", as you totally miss the point of who does that? You're insecure over a post count number. You think low post count = has a life, high post count = has no life. You can play with numbers but when it comes to logic and common sense? You struggle.

Derrick Rose decicated part of his speech to his mother for the hard work she put in while he grew up. Now he can repay her. He said when he doesnt wanna go to practice he thinks about his mother busting her ass to make ends meet at work. And you're attempting to clown someone job? Doesnt add up now does it?

"ha ha ha you're work for the sanitation department. what a sh!t job! only losers do that kind of work"

":cry: rose speech to his mum was tear worthy. :cry: "

:confusedshrug:

What would Derrick Rose say?

"Hey I Malcolm, why clown what any human being does for a living? That is sad and what losers do. Even those with post counts under 100. My mom worked for peanuts but every day she got up and went to work. Grinded it out to put food on the table and provide. And you're here clowning people with jobs? I dont get that."

Me either Derrick Rose. Me either! :roll:

hkfosho
05-04-2011, 07:16 PM
:roll: Kid is having an emotional break down. Need tissue? Look at you trying to factor out the hours now. I know I know "How hard is it", as you totally miss the point of who does that? You're insecure over a post count number. You think low post count = has a life, high post count = has no life. You can play with numbers but when it comes to logic and common sense? You struggle.

Derrick Rose decicated part of his speech to his mother for the hard work she put in while he grew up. Now he can repay her. He said when he doesnt wanna go to practice he thinks about his mother busting her ass to make ends meet at work. And you're attempting to clown someone job? Doesnt add up now does it?

"ha ha ha you're work for the sanitation department. what a sh!t job! only losers do that kind of work"

":cry: rose speech to his mum was tear worthy. :cry: "

:confusedshrug:

What would Derrick Rose say?

"Hey I Malcolm, why clown what any human being does for a living? That is sad and what losers do. Even those with post counts under 100. My mom worked for peanuts but every day she got up and went to work. Grinded it out to put food on the table and provide. And you're here clowning people with jobs? I dont get that."

Me either Derrick Rose. Me either! :roll:
42,164 posts and counting :applause: :lol

I.Malcolm
05-04-2011, 07:48 PM
42,164 posts and counting :applause: :lol
And I guarantee he spent more than 1 minute on that one. Hmm. It's insane to think this dude seriously could have spent upwards of 1000 hours on this forum JUST typing useless shit like that :roll:
:cheers:

GOBB
05-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Says the guy with the 2nd most posts in this thread. Watch out now, dont want you to break 100. :eek:

TheTruth11
05-04-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm from the same neighborhood as Rose. I went to Julian. He obviously went to Simeon - one of our rival schools. And I can tell you, without a doubt, things were hard in the hood. And yes, his speech choked me up.

I am proud as hell of DRose

G-train
05-04-2011, 08:02 PM
sorry newbs but GOBB owned in this thread.

Abd El-Krim
05-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Weak. Dude should go to Toastmasters.

opps
05-04-2011, 09:35 PM
What. The. ****.

I don't give two shits about the annoying angry posts GOBB might have anywhere on ISH, but no real man ****s with another about how he makes his living. Get out of here with that shit. A real man does whatever he needs to do to provide for his family, and anybody bringing it up to push his agenda needs a ****ing reality check.

Seriously, lowest of the low right here. I'm out of this shitty thread.

GOBB is a hater. He's mad someone out there actually worked hard for theirs and is successful. No real man hates on another mans accomplishments. Of course his lazy ass didn't get emotional he doesn't know what it feels like to finally have hard work pay off or to work his ass off to get something. I know lazy ass hatin people like him.

Im in college now and workin my ass so that one day I can look at my mom and say the exact same thing Rose said to his. So if you dont understand where Rose or the people who got emotional are coming from then shut up.

GOBB
05-04-2011, 10:32 PM
GOBB is a hater. He's mad someone out there actually worked hard for theirs and is successful. No real man hates on another mans accomplishments. Of course his lazy ass didn't get emotional he doesn't know what it feels like to finally have hard work pay off or to work his ass off to get something. I know lazy ass hatin people like him.

Im in college now and workin my ass so that one day I can look at my mom and say the exact same thing Rose said to his. So if you dont understand where Rose or the people who got emotional are coming from then shut up.

You're in college and cant find where I said anything bad about Rose? Money well spent. Whatver college you are attending is really putting out a genius there. :roll:

opps
05-04-2011, 11:25 PM
You're in college and cant find where I said anything bad about Rose? Money well spent. Whatver college you are attending is really putting out a genius there. :roll:

Hater my point exactly. Your a fuc.kin mail man. My work study job pays me more than you make :facepalm

Low-life. 42000 posts :lol

GOBB
05-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Hater my point exactly. Your a fuc.kin mail man. My work study job pays me more than you make :facepalm

Low-life. 42000 posts :lol

:oldlol: If I'm a hater just explain where I'm hating on Rose. Not Rocket science kid. Come on college student.

Your work study is limited to how much you can make. Tell me what college you attend. I dont want my kid going there. Waste of money.

opps
05-04-2011, 11:35 PM
:oldlol: If I'm a hater just explain where I'm hating on Rose. Not Rocket science kid. Come on college student.

Your work study is limited to how much you can make. Tell me what college you attend. I dont want my kid going there. Waste of money.

You kid won't get in this school with your dumba.ss genes lol. But I think we can always use some more help around here to clean up :lol

They have to pay more than a mail man