PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference between Kris Humphries and Blake Griffin?

Clippersfan86
05-03-2011, 09:42 PM
If you look at their combine numbers and body type, height, weight etc.. they are pretty much clones. Both have short arms, incredibly powerful builds. Combine numbers show Blake was quicker and more agile.. Humphries had a 1 inch better max vert. Both benched 185 pounds 22 times (very high for rookies). I have never seen such a similar combine between players of the same position.

How can players so similar in the way of physical gifts, strengths and weaknesses be so different? What makes Griffin the better all around player right now? Btw this isn't a thread with an agenda to talk about Blake etc.. I was just really thinking about WHY exactly these 2 players aren't equally good. The only thing I can think of is a difference mentally and maybe work ethic. I haven't watched Humphries enough to give a strong opinion so I'd like all of your opinions.

heyhey
05-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Kris Humphries bangs Kim Kardashian. Blake griffin ain't so lucky

sirkeelma
05-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Blake = Dunk
Humphries = Kim

GOBB
05-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Kris Humphries cant score like Blake can. When you figure out why you'll notice the difference. Also not nearly as explosive as Blake is to the rim nor as good of a finisher.

jb220
Kris Humphries bangs Kim Kardashian. Blake griffin ain't so lucky
haha yeah... sure...

im pretty sure blake bangs dimes on tha daily... kris is tied down.. bgrifffy aint...

Bigsmoke
one is a future MVP and the other one isnt.

Mr. I'm So Rad
Kris Humphries cant score like Blake can. When you figure out why you'll notice the difference. Also not nearly as explosive as Blake is to the rim nor as good of a finisher.

Kim K disagrees :no:

tommy3
05-03-2011, 09:45 PM
:roll:

Mr. I'm So Rad
05-03-2011, 09:45 PM
haha yeah... sure...

im pretty sure blake bangs dimes on tha daily... kris is tied down.. bgrifffy aint...

I thought Blake had a gf? I've seen a few pictures of her she's hot as hell

Clippersfan86
05-03-2011, 09:46 PM

If I go out on a limb here though Humphries looks like a MORE versatile scorer. When I've seen him play he not only can bang down low and finish but he's consistently knocking down midrange jumpers. Honestly in the way of explosion and athleticism I don't notice a gap between them... but if you watch Humphries a lot I'll take your word for it :cheers: .

B-Rich
05-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Sh*t!!! :roll:

Jasper
05-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Blake has west beach ....

Kris wants South Beach :confusedshrug:

drizzy0503
05-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Blake bangs multiple honeys. He's probly notched Kim on his belt

DuMa
05-03-2011, 09:57 PM
one is black and one is white.

wait

TennesseeFan
05-03-2011, 10:00 PM
One is an all-star and one is a black hole

Clippersfan86
05-03-2011, 10:02 PM

So the difference is willingness to pass? Intangibles, attitude?

Dwade305
05-03-2011, 10:03 PM
How the f*ck they found Osama?

Mr. I'm So Rad
05-03-2011, 10:05 PM
How the f*ck they found Osama?

Child support. They can find damn near anybody

ProfessorMurder
05-03-2011, 10:06 PM
one is a future MVP and the other one isnt.

I feel bad for Blake.

Optimus Prime
05-03-2011, 10:06 PM
This is the difference:

http://gossip.whyfame.com/files/2010/05/kim_kardashian.jpg

Oh, and Blake Griffin is a beast on the court, whereas Humphries can grab some rebounds and use up six fouls. :confusedshrug:

keantona
05-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Blake is a smart guy who works his ass off to perfect his game. Humphries is a moron who has taken many years to even begin to work out how to be effective at the NBA level.

Clippersfan86
05-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Lol at Kim Kardashian being the hottest woman alive or something. Blake's been linked in the last couple months to Brynn Cameron who's pretty hot herself (Actually it's Matt Leinhart's baby's momma). He's also been linked to Gene Simmons daughter Sophie who's fine as hell. So Blake is NOT hurting for women I can tell you that lol. Rihanna even tried to set up a meeting with Blake after the HEAT game according to agents of Blake and Rihanna.

The Next Jordan
05-03-2011, 10:17 PM
If I go out on a limb here though Humphries looks like a MORE versatile scorer. When I've seen him play he not only can bang down low and finish but he's consistently knocking down midrange jumpers. Honestly in the way of explosion and athleticism I don't notice a gap between them... but if you watch Humphries a lot I'll take your word for it :cheers: .
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Best. Post. Ever!

Clippersfan86
05-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Blake is a smart guy who works his ass off to perfect his game. Humphries is a moron who has taken many years to even begin to work out how to be effective at the NBA level.

Good post. It's amazing though how two people can have all the same gifts and talents.. but mentally one is superior and soars WAY above the other with hard work, intangibles and intelligence.

Clippersfan86
05-03-2011, 10:19 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Best. Post. Ever!

:(

Clippersfan86
05-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Only decent Simmons picture I could find with IMG copy link so feel free to find a better one because I found some super hot ones I couldn't get on here.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/tjack49er/0000464485.jpg

He's supposedly dating Brynn Cameron but has been linked to this Simmons chick too in the last month or 2.

Fiasco
05-03-2011, 10:29 PM
What.

I thought he was about that "Jasmine" girl at UCLA? We still taking about Blake here?

Stat & Melo
05-03-2011, 10:36 PM

one is a all star and one sticks it in a loose black hole

Clippersfan86
05-03-2011, 10:38 PM
What.

I thought he was about that "Jasmine" girl at UCLA? We still taking about Blake here?

Dude you didn't hear about that? Complete hoax. The Facebook of Jasmine the USC Co-ed was actually created by a guy and run by a guy. She doesn't exist. Pictures of another girl do.. but not the real person that was portrayed. The guy who made the girl up revealed it all. Drama in LA... what's new?

Mr. I'm So Rad
05-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Dude you didn't hear about that? Complete hoax. The Facebook of Jasmine the USC Co-ed was actually created by a guy and run by a guy. She doesn't exist. Pictures of another girl do.. but not the real person that was portrayed. The guy who made the girl up revealed it all. Drama in LA... what's new?

What?! I didn't hear anything about that. That's crazy

FKAri
05-03-2011, 10:42 PM
2 words: Body Control

Strength and quickness aren't as effective unless you have the coordination to utilize it. Some of that is talent but alot of it is practice/skill.

Clippersfan86
05-03-2011, 10:43 PM
What?! I didn't hear anything about that. That's crazy

Yea it made me feel like an idiot because I added "her" on FB. It was a total publicity stunt. If you look into it you'll see in interviews and stuff he always says he's single too lol. After shooting the Blake Marsmon or w/e commercial for Jordan Cameron... Brynn (Jordan's sister, Matt Leinhart's baby momma for those who missed it) wanted to meet Blake and they supposedly have been dating.

mlh1981
05-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Kris Humphries bangs Kim Kardashian. Blake griffin bangs another hot chick

fixed

Clippersfan86
05-03-2011, 10:44 PM
2 words: Body Control

Strength and quickness aren't as effective unless you have the coordination to utilize it. Some of that is talent but alot of it is practice/skill.

Very good and interesting point. I notice in the combine numbers.. Kris had slightly better straight line speed number... but when it came to agility course Blake blew him away. Blake's coordination and agility is almost guard level.

Watch the close up on this play. Talk about coordination. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUEAKoxpqdQ

Blake would be like one of the most unstoppable Tight End's in the history of the NFL.

Droid101
05-03-2011, 10:59 PM
The word 'skill' comes to mind.

It isn't all about physical ability, or someone like Tyson Chandler might be the goat.

Al Thornton
05-03-2011, 11:43 PM
while the rest of us watch the playoffs clippersfan48 fantasizes about being blake griffin's b*tch.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2011, 02:01 AM
while the rest of us watch the playoffs clippersfan48 fantasizes about being blake griffin's b*tch.

:confusedshrug:. You're a brilliant poster Thornton. Every time you come into a thread you add a lot of invaluable things. :hammerhead:

Fiasco
05-04-2011, 02:10 AM

Damn it.

She was fine. (Well, she-portrayed-by-he)

d.bball.guy
05-04-2011, 02:11 AM
Are you jealous?

(e)
05-04-2011, 02:20 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/548483/Blake-Griffin-elbow-dunk.jpg

BTW I actually think Humphries is a solid player, but he's no Blake Griffin. Blake's rookie year is a year that Kris can only dream about having.

tomtucker
05-04-2011, 03:34 AM
Only Blake has a action figure toy line http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/im/impact-radio-control-mario-kart-donkey-kong.jpg