PDA

View Full Version : How do you rebuild the Lakers?

Kiddlovesnets
05-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Trade Kobe, Gasol, Bynum or Odom? This team has no salary space to sign any quality players atm, so a hard fix(rebuild) is the only feasible way to me. With Phil Jackson likely to retire after an embarrassing sweep, the Lakers will not be competing for the next five years. Maybe they will rebuild around Bynum and manage to clear up salary space to sign a good SF/SG/PG in 2014 or 2015? We will see for this.

skaterbasist
05-08-2011, 04:15 PM
You keep your core: Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, and Odom. And get rid of everyone else.

Why would you get rid of one of your best players?

2LeTTeRS
05-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Why does the team have to be re-built? The Lakers are the only team in recent memory that after winning 2 straight titles and making 3 consecutive Finals automatically need to be blown up after losing one title.

Sportsfans/media members are idiots.

ICanDunk
05-08-2011, 04:38 PM
They have too many defensive liabilities throughout their roster at this point.
Fisher and Blake are old and were slow even when they were young. Shannon Brown doesn't move his feet to stay in front of people. Pau Gasol doesn't move his feet or play physically on defense or even box out for rebounds.

Kobe, Artest, and Barnes are aging so they look slow at times, but they do their best to make up for it with physicality.

Bynum isn't fast, but he's still a good defender because he is big and he plays hard.

Odom is our only defender without a big weakness I'd say.

To fix it I think we need to get a guard or two who are quick on defense, and we need to start Odom over Gasol. It would also help if someone convinced Shannon Brown to actually use his athleticism and stay in front of people.

I'd actually like to get rid of Fisher and Gasol altogether but I'd feel sort of bad about Fisher because he's helped us win 5 championships.

G-Funk
05-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Trade Gasol + Filler for CP3

Trade Bynum Odom for Dwight

prophet???

Kiddlovesnets
05-08-2011, 04:39 PM

Then you got another team with no bench players. XD

jb220
05-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Best team in the NBA the Miami heat.. Have "no bench"...

J-Futuristic
05-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Gasol for Al Horford and filler

Dengness9
05-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Best team in the NBA the Miami heat.. Have "no bench"...

nice try.:oldlol:

ICanDunk
:roll:
Just sign some undrafted rookies who can move well laterally (aka play defense), box out, and knock down wide open shots and that would be an improvement over what our current bench is doing. People who don't get drafted tend to play hard to earn their time in the league.

Doranku
Bynum/Odom for Dwight.
Gasol for some serviceable role players with a defensive mindset in a multi-team trade.

Instant contenders.

widowmaker
05-08-2011, 04:46 PM

we dont want gasol

Sarcastic
05-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Go through about 5 years of mediocrity, like they did in the 1990s.
Remember Sedale Threatt, and Cedric Ceballos?

TheAnchorman
05-08-2011, 05:02 PM
So if the core lineup stays the same next year would the Lakers be perceived as underdogs then?

JustinJDW
05-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Don't be stupid. Lakers don't need to "re-build". They just need to get a real PG who can actually run an offense and isn't the biggest defensive liability a championship team has ever had. Fisher and Blake are too old, inconsistent and can't stay in front of a stationary rock, and Brown isn't a real PG and is just a small SG who chucks a bit too much and thinks he's Kobe Bryant of the Bench.

- Get a pure quick defensive minded PG
- Get a little younger on the Bench

They'll be fine. Their core (Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Odom) is still Championship worthy. They're still dominate and big as **** in the paint. They just to get quicker and more consistent on the perimeter, and that starts at PG. Look at Dallas, they ain't winning in the paint obviously. They're winning on the perimeter, and that Lakers overall perimeter defense is their biggest weakness.

hawksdogsbraves
05-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Gasol for Al Horford and filler

Hmmmmm

Interesting actually, I'd definitely consider this but I'm not sure our front office would.

STATUTORY
05-08-2011, 05:07 PM
trade everyone not named Bryant and Bynum

konex
05-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Force Fisher to retire
Draft or trade for a starting PG
Draft a shooter off the bench
Stop playing Bynum and Gasol together. It's dumb

stalf
05-08-2011, 05:10 PM
fisher, artest, blake out. get felton or lawson from nuggets, a mikael peitrus type perimeter defender, and just wave to artest :)

ukplayer4
05-08-2011, 05:12 PM

exactly, why would you rebuild arguably the most talented team in the nba- seems like the pau offcourt issues are a huge factor. add a serviceable pg and a solid bench shooter and i will take them to win the 2012 title.

Godzuki
05-08-2011, 05:15 PM
you rebuild because they look old and slow. you all are the same people who made excuses for how bad they looked during parts of the season like they were going to turn it on in the playoffs. now you're all making more excuses like its just some fluke they got swept :facepalm

PP34Deuce
05-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Its very risky....If you trade Bynum you risk trading away a 23 year old 22-11 player with great defense and 2 blocks.

If you keep Gasol, he continues to suck in LA because he doesnt like playing with current team.

You have Lamar Odom whos not aged as bad but in the next 2 years he will.
Dont wanna keep him til hes hard to trade.

Biggest move they desperately need is Dwight Howard who I think fixes defense right away. Teams want Bynum more than Gasol. You find out whats wrong with Gasol and you work it out.

To get Howard it will take Bynum/Odom and Probably Brown...but if lakers can get Howard and Jameer nelson that would be a great trade.

Next is they need either a good shooting,defensive athletic SG or a defensive minded easy buckets SF. At this stage in their careers Artest and Barnes are great back up depth players.

andgar923
05-09-2011, 01:59 AM
The off season will be filled with plenty of speculation and rumors, but who's actually willing to join them?

I'd be surprised if Gasol and Bynum stay, Phil aint gonna coach them anymore, how much money can the Lakers offer?

And of course the last and possibly the most important reason why many players may not want to join the Lakers.....

KOBE.

Who wants to play with this dude?

Players were hesitant to play with him in the past when he was in his prime, now that he's clearly on the decline, hasn't matured much, has proved that he's not a leader, and that his wife is a homewrecking snitch, who wants to join this team?

Now..... let us assume for a moment, that Gasol and Kobe patch things up and Gasol stays (I don't see why he would after the beating he's taking by L.A. fans). How can Kobe convince a player that he's got shit under control and that history won't repeat itself?

Laker fans.... get ready.

RazorBaLade
05-09-2011, 02:00 AM
i honestly dont think that 90% of posts today including this have been written and the writer has actually believed in what hes posting.

its like u just post something for a reply, even tho u know ur wrong an idiot. hilarious

AJ2k8
05-09-2011, 02:02 AM
Haven't seen you around for a while..

andgar923
05-09-2011, 02:02 AM
i honestly dont think that 90% of posts today including this have been written and the writer has actually believed in what hes posting.

its like u just post something for a reply, even tho u know ur wrong an idiot. hilarious

Huh?

SavageMode
05-09-2011, 02:04 AM
Razorblade only saying what he is saying because this thread is so true. It stunned him, and now he juss mad.

Miami is good fo the next 7 years. Chicago as well, and OKC. Lakers r jelly.

bluechox2
05-09-2011, 02:06 AM
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9933/un232led1.jpg

FourthTenor
05-09-2011, 02:06 AM
Now..... let us assume for a moment, that Gasol and Kobe patch things up and Gasol stays (I don't see why he would after the beating he's taking by L.A. fans).

Umm, he doesnt really have a choice.

But yeah, Kobe is known around the league as a ballhogging, chucking diva. And there is nothing in his personality to suggest he will change his approach as his skills decline. So he's gonna be making 20M the next few years and those jumpers are gonna keep coming from farther away, and going in less often, but still flying out his hands at the same rate. It's gonna get pretty ugly.

whoartthou
05-09-2011, 02:07 AM
poor kobe.. he is forever going to remember riding shaqs coattails and gasols.

SavageMode
05-09-2011, 02:08 AM
Kobrick gonna keeep trying to be MJ and fail epicly in the next few years.

jdm_dc_fan
05-09-2011, 02:09 AM
Kobe's era is not done yet. He just has to learn to play without the ball. Look at the big three in boston. Paul lit up and shut down Lebron in game 3. Same goes for KG on Bosh. Pretty damn good for old guys. :bowdown:

whoartthou
05-09-2011, 02:13 AM
Kobe's era is not done yet. He just has to learn to play without the ball. Look at the big three in boston. Paul lit up and shut down Lebron in game 3. Same goes for KG on Bosh. Pretty damn good for old guys. :bowdown:

yea, but kobe won't accept such a role

andgar923
05-09-2011, 02:15 AM
Umm, he doesnt really have a choice.

But yeah, Kobe is known around the league as a ballhogging, chucking diva. And there is nothing in his personality to suggest he will change his approach as his skills decline. So he's gonna be making 20M the next few years and those jumpers are gonna keep coming from farther away, and going in less often, but still flying out his hands at the same rate. It's gonna get pretty ugly.

Contracts don't mean much nowadays.

If a player is unhappy enough he'll find a way to leave one way or another. Gasol will be used as the scapegoat for the Lakers' collapse, could anybody be blamed for wanting to come back and play for a city that despises you so much?

Even if their relationship (Kobe and Gasol) improves, no way will he want to play in L.A., with any sign of trouble he'll be the scapegoat yet again.

Kiddlovesnets
05-09-2011, 05:13 AM
Maybe they need to get rid of Kobe now, just like they did with Shaq when he was 32. :rockon:

brownmamba00
05-09-2011, 05:44 AM
Id rather keep Bynum and get rid of everyone else (except for Kobe)

Try trading Pau+Lamar+Ron+Blake+Fish+Brown+Barnes for Dwight/Dwill

OldSchoolBBall
05-09-2011, 05:49 AM
Good to see that all Laker fan scenarios for fixing the team involve getting a top 5 player in the league to come aboard for peanuts. Laker fans: always a bastion of realistic/fair trade proposals. :oldlol:

jalbert009
05-09-2011, 05:57 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=44y38jj

gasol for Al Horford and Kirk Hinrich. Make it happen! :applause:

RazorBaLade
05-09-2011, 06:03 AM
bynum and brown for beidrins curry and wright.

QuebecBaller
05-09-2011, 06:10 AM
Good to see that all Laker fan scenarios for fixing the team involve getting a top 5 player in the league to come aboard for peanuts. Laker fans: always a bastion of realistic/fair trade proposals. :oldlol:

They're all realistic

Every players wants to play for the Lakers and every GM wants to trade their best players to the Lakers for bad or injury prone or passed their prime players

:lol :lol

RazorBaLade
05-09-2011, 06:16 AM
i love those moments that a troll accidentally screws up, like admitting bynum / odom are peanuts and not super stacked type players. its great to see, really.

you grasp at straws overrating everyone on our team, but when we need to trade someone everyone becomes terrible and the trade is soooo lopsided.

Mr. Jabbar
05-09-2011, 06:19 AM

I like this. Makes sense. Need a legit pg/sf and something actually contributing from the bench.

flipogb
05-09-2011, 06:19 AM
Gallinari /Felton/ Birdman or Harrington (a bad contract) for Pau

pauk
05-09-2011, 06:21 AM
Trade Kobe While You Still Can get something good for him...........

lakers simply needed that young hungry lion... a very productive superstar.... kobe aint it... not anymore... and he sure aint getting more productive if u know what i mean...

Real Men Wear Green
05-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Kobe Bryant has a no-trade clause, is 33 years old and has a contract that eats half of their cap for the next three seasons. This means that he's not going to put up with a rebuilding phase (he's not going to play much longer) and you're going to have an extremely hard time moving him with his permission while getting fair value. This means that rebuilding isn't going to happen until his current contract ends. Until then La will just milk the very good team that they currently have for as much money and wins as possible. They could luck into a new Finals run, don't totally rule them out they just won a Championship a year ago. If the next coach wants a pg that can run an offense at a high level maybe one of the bigs gets moved to make it happen but a real youth movement rebuilding isn't in the immediate future.

GoldMedallist
05-09-2011, 06:32 AM
Gasol and Kobe are untradeable because of their age and salary. Just sign two bench players to let them rest.

Gasol begun the season playing superstar level. But this is what happens with he have to play 40 minutes every nigth. He is exhausted, and you have to be fresh if you want to guard Nowitzki. Same goes to kobe, LA need players who can get them a rest. If you have Kobe and gasol play 30/32 minutes every nigth, you have 2 more years of them at their true level.

All chances for a decent trade are Bynum/Odom/maybe Artest. Buss will have to work with that.

Bigsmoke
05-09-2011, 06:33 AM
they need a new PG and SF and they should be good

QuebecBaller
05-09-2011, 06:37 AM
Gallinari /Felton/ Birdman or Harrington (a bad contract) for Pau

and maybe Lawson, Nene (sign and trade) and Affalo for Artest and Walton?

:facepalm

OldSchoolBBall
05-09-2011, 06:45 AM
i love those moments that a troll accidentally screws up, like admitting bynum / odom are peanuts and not super stacked type players. its great to see, really.

They're very good players, but throwing trades out like "Bynum for Howard straight up" or "Gasol and Brown for Howard/Nelson" is a joke. Howard is a top 4 player in the league at a minimum.

pauk
05-09-2011, 07:06 AM
no more phil jackson... does that mean they wont play triangle offense anymore? nobody can run phils triangle offense......... if not... then how will everything look??? what kindof offense will they play then? what do you think will be more suitable offense for them.... how will also the players respond? kobe has played triangle his entire life in NBA.... how will he be playing? so many questions.... :D

i know one thing tho... if they dont play triangle... they will sure the **** need a legit PG......

ZeN
05-09-2011, 07:11 AM
how many f*cking threads do we need on this subject??

F*ck.

pauk
05-09-2011, 07:12 AM
do we have? direct me to one of them and then delete this thread... sure couldnt find topic on this sry

i can see only bashing threads and threads about lakers rebuilding and so on.... nothing on how they will be next year with the new offense and what kindof offense and so on... questions i wanted to know/talk about...

ZeN
05-09-2011, 07:24 AM
smh..

Hittin_Shots
05-09-2011, 07:34 AM
do we have? direct me to one of them and then delete this thread... sure couldnt find topic on this sry

i can see only bashing threads and threads about lakers rebuilding and so on.... nothing on how they will be next year with the new offense and what kindof offense and so on... questions i wanted to know/talk about...

The players like Kobe that who has played the triangle a whole hell of a long time cudnt teach the new coach how it works and players?

pauk
05-09-2011, 07:44 AM
The players like Kobe that who has played the triangle a whole hell of a long time cudnt teach the new coach how it works and players?

nobody can run phil jacksons triangle man....?

pauk
05-09-2011, 07:44 AM
smh..

wtf is wrong with u anyways....

...oh... nevermind that... :oldlol:

cmon.. its no bashing thread? its good honest interesting questions... u with ur ZEN wisdom and 40000+++ posts and being a laker fan (i think?) should be able to answer some of my questions? heheh

Hondo
05-09-2011, 07:59 AM
nobody can run phil jacksons triangle man....?

1, it's Tex Winter's triangle.
2, Brian Shaw is an excellent assistant, who has been playing in and coaching the triangle since Phil has been in LA.
3, Kobe could pretty much coach new players to run the triangle, he's been playing in it for so long.

Some advice: run as far as you can until your legs ache, and you feel like they are jelly. Now, jog to the closest store and buy 2 x 20lb bags of potatoes. Now, tape the handle of each to each hand. Lastly, go try cross the largest and busiest highway to you.

pauk
05-09-2011, 08:06 AM
1, it's Tex Winter's triangle.
2, Brian Shaw is an excellent assistant, who has been playing in and coaching the triangle since Phil has been in LA.
3, Kobe could pretty much coach new players to run the triangle, he's been playing in it for so long.

Some advice: run as far as you can until your legs ache, and you feel like they are jelly. Now, jog to the closest store and buy 2 x 20lb bags of potatoes. Now, tape the handle of each to each hand. Lastly, go try cross the largest and busiest highway to you.

but are u sure they are gona still run the triangle offense or will it be something else?

and i still say NO... nobody can run the triangle offense like phil jackson can...

you can learn everything from Einstein... doesnt mean you can be like him or do things like him... because you dont have his genetic mind...

Answer to the advice: did it and survived.... :banana: the store in middle of nowhere didnt have potatoes... but i bought tomatoes instead... (and some pies & cookies wanted a last kewl meal before death risk afterall) do i pass the test anyways?

macpierce
05-09-2011, 08:07 AM
you have nothing to contribute besides negativity so close your mouth

Kiddlovesnets
05-09-2011, 08:15 AM
umm I thought the purpose of this thread was to discuss how the Lakers should rebuild, its rebuilding time.

Hondo
05-09-2011, 08:15 AM
but are u sure they are gona still run the triangle offense or will it be something else?

and i still say NO... nobody can run the triangle offense like phil jackson can...

you can learn everything from Einstein... doesnt mean you can be like him or do things like him... because you dont have his genetic mind...

Again, Tex Winter. Google him and come back.

dirkdiggler41
05-09-2011, 08:16 AM
http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2011/04/11/13/Kings_Lakers012.standalone.prod_affiliate.4.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0912/all-decade.greatest.upsets.2000s/images/warriors-mavericks-2007-don-nelson.jpg

http://media.nola.com/tpphotos/photo/198564-standard.jpg

Sweeping the LA Lakers was just huge for us.

Sweep LA!

Sweep LA!

Sweep LA

Sweep LA!

Kiddlovesnets
05-09-2011, 08:17 AM
umm they will have to rebuild, this team aint winning a title in the next five years so why not? Lakers are known for their rapid recovery from meltdowns and they always find a way to make a comeback 3-5 years later to become contender again.

the_wise_one
05-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Trade Kobe and Fisher for Steve Nash and Grant Hill.

pete's montreux
05-09-2011, 08:23 AM
They need better shooters. Their only perimeter threat is Kobe.

Soundwave
05-09-2011, 08:25 AM
In hindsight, they should've trade Bynum + for Carmelo.

They would've hid a lot of Kobe's decline in the coming years and kept them relevant in the weakened Western conference for a while.

Hondo
05-09-2011, 09:13 AM
umm they will have to rebuild, this team aint winning a title in the next five years so why not? Lakers are known for their rapid recovery from meltdowns and they always find a way to make a comeback 3-5 years later to become contender again.

Don't count them out yet. All they need to do is make a couple of small tweaks. They should really target Josh Selby in the draft. They have 3 second rounders, and they can use a couple of them to move up to the first round bubble.

They should trade Pau Gasol. He looked like his was ****ed in that series. Bynum is a good defensive anchor, the team needs guys that can get out and run. I say trade Gasol for Josh Smith, Jeff Teague and contract filler.

Trade Barnes, Walton, a future first rounder, one of this year's second rounders and $3 million to Golden State for Andris Biedrins.

Buyout Steve Blake. Sign Kirilenko to the full MLE if available.

That gives the Lakers the following team:
PG: Teague/ Fisher/ Selby
SG: Bryant/ Brown/ D-leaguer or random Euro
SF: Artest/ Kirilenko/ Ebanks
PF: Smith/ Odom/ Caracter
CT: Bynum/ Biedrins/ Ratliff

HylianNightmare
05-09-2011, 11:23 AM
Trade Bynum artest and odom for arenas and dwight

brownmamba00
05-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Am I the only Lakerfan who thinks we shouldnt blow it up?

Keep Drew and LO or Pau. And trade LO or Pau for a legit PG and a small forward a la Gerald Wallace + a couple of good shooters.

Get rid of Blake, Brown, Fish and Artest.

I think its pretty dumb to give away 2 legit 7'guys + the 6th man of the year for DHO and take on Arenas contract(if thats what they want), Id rather trade for Dwill.

DWill
Kobe
Legit SF
Pau
Bynum

sounds better then

Arenas
Kobe
Ron
Pau
DHO

:confusedshrug:

Droid101
05-09-2011, 11:49 AM
The current team is constructed terribly, is the problem.

When one of your four best players is always sitting (and one of them is always sitting during crunch time), something is wrong.

Even out the roster so you can have your best unit on the floor in crunch time.

icemanfan
05-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Why does the team have to be re-built? The Lakers are the only team in recent memory that after winning 2 straight titles and making 3 consecutive Finals automatically need to be blown up after losing one title.

I said the same thing about the Spurs in 2008...............as it turns out I was wrong. There is a reason PJax left.

Sroek
05-09-2011, 12:01 PM
Get Steve Nash or Kirk Hinrich and Andrei Kirilenko or Tayshaun Prince.

chris2010
05-09-2011, 12:08 PM
rebuild from the ground up. If we want to bring the culture of the winning lakers teams of years past we will need to ship just about everyone out and bring in people who will appreciate being there. Id say if we can get dwight w/o taking on arenas or hedo definitely pull the trigger.

Id like to see us make a move for Tony Parker/blair from SA. can anyone think of a realistic trade to make that happen?

Mrofir
05-09-2011, 12:20 PM
my response to OP

....but.... why?

Laker12
05-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Best team in the NBA the Miami heat

:oldlol:

crisoner
05-09-2011, 01:34 PM

THIS

LA.MJ&KB#1
05-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Everybody Expect The Lakers To Win Ever Year.

Everybody Will Be Watching The Lakers This Offseason To See What Moves Will Be Made.

Laugh Now Guys And Gals But, You Know The Lakers Will Make The Right Moves And Be Right Back In The Race For 2012 Championship. That One Of The Main Reason I Love This Team.

Congrat To Dallas For Job Well Done.

Mitch Will Make The Right Moves Believe That.....

jb220
05-09-2011, 01:48 PM
If you keep Kobe, Bynum, Gasol and Odom how are you gonna get any difference makers??

BMOGEFan
05-09-2011, 01:52 PM
If you keep Kobe, Bynum, Gasol and Odom how are you gonna get any difference makers??

by trading someone like a kwame brown and a second round pick

Hiei
05-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Trade Gasol, Artest, Bynum, Barnes and Walton for Howard, Deron Williams or CP3 and Jrich. It is more realistic than it seems.

3ptShooter
05-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Trade Kobe, Gasol, Bynum or Odom? This team has no salary space to sign any quality players atm, so a hard fix(rebuild) is the only feasible way to me. With Phil Jackson likely to retire after an embarrassing sweep, the Lakers will not be competing for the next five years. Maybe they will rebuild around Bynum and manage to clear up salary space to sign a good SF/SG/PG in 2014 or 2015? We will see for this.

rebuild from the ground up. If we want to bring the culture of the winning lakers teams of years past we will need to ship just about everyone out and bring in people who will appreciate being there. Id say if we can get dwight w/o taking on arenas or hedo definitely pull the trigger.

Id like to see us make a move for Tony Parker/blair from SA. can anyone think of a realistic trade to make that happen?
WTF are most of you talking about? is anyone able to remember past last month, or is all that weed making it impossible?

there was a time when repeating as champion was nearly impossible, let alone a three-peat. the fact that after 3 finals and 2 championships (plus all the crap in between) the team got tired and complacent shouldn't be a surprise.

Droid101
05-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Who predicted 5 years?

Dude, after they traded Shaq, they were back in the Finals just three years later... 05-08.

Wishful thinking for Laker haters I guess.

Kiddlovesnets
05-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Who predicted 5 years?

Dude, after they traded Shaq, they were back in the Finals just three years later... 05-08.

Wishful thinking for Laker haters I guess.

Well they are unlikely to get another Pau Gasol-like trade in the next five years.

RandomBalla55
05-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Don't count them out yet. All they need to do is make a couple of small tweaks. They should really target Josh Selby in the draft. They have 3 second rounders, and they can use a couple of them to move up to the first round bubble.

They should trade Pau Gasol. He looked like his was ****ed in that series. Bynum is a good defensive anchor, the team needs guys that can get out and run. I say trade Gasol for Josh Smith, Jeff Teague and contract filler.

Trade Barnes, Walton, a future first rounder, one of this year's second rounders and $3 million to Golden State for Andris Biedrins.

Buyout Steve Blake. Sign Kirilenko to the full MLE if available.

That gives the Lakers the following team:
PG: Teague/ Fisher/ Selby
SG: Bryant/ Brown/ D-leaguer or random Euro
SF: Artest/ Kirilenko/ Ebanks
PF: Smith/ Odom/ Caracter
CT: Bynum/ Biedrins/ Ratliff

This plan seems realistic for sure. I think from a Golden State perspective, the deal is done with ease. They absolutely do not want Biedrins anymore and the Lakers could get him for cheap (if they really want him, lmao).

Gasol for Josh Smith and Teague? I think the Hawks would give that one some serious thought.

Eat Like A Bosh
05-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Don't be stupid. Lakers don't need to "re-build". They just need to get a real PG who can actually run an offense and isn't the biggest defensive liability a championship team has ever had. Fisher and Blake are too old, inconsistent and can't stay in front of a stationary rock, and Brown isn't a real PG and is just a small SG who chucks a bit too much and thinks he's Kobe Bryant of the Bench.

- Get a pure quick defensive minded PG
- Get a little younger on the Bench

They'll be fine. Their core (Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Odom) is still Championship worthy. They're still dominate and big as **** in the paint. They just to get quicker and more consistent on the perimeter, and that starts at PG. Look at Dallas, they ain't winning in the paint obviously. They're winning on the perimeter, and that Lakers overall perimeter defense is their biggest weakness.
Spot on! Nailed it.

flipogb
05-12-2011, 11:22 AM
and maybe Lawson, Nene (sign and trade) and Affalo for Artest and Walton?

you saying its not fair ?

Lawson with pau and Nene look ok to me

why would you want Felton and Lawson together all year anyway

brownmamba00
05-12-2011, 11:30 AM
you saying its not fair ?

Lawson with pau and Nene look ok to me

why would you want Felton and Lawson together all year anyway

Lawson/Felton + Nene for Pau+Ebanks+Caracter+picks/fillers would be great obviously but I don't think the Nugs would do that.

+ I wish we could go after Wilson Chandler, dude would be perfect. Unselfish, can hit the 3, can drive and is a good defender. He would definitely start over Artest.

Harion
05-12-2011, 11:39 AM
we're gonna give you Bosh for Gasol. we know you hate Gasol. At least in Miami, Gasol's gonna be appreciated.

dillondavis
05-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Go through about 5 years of mediocrity, like they did in the 1990s.
Remember Sedale Threatt, and Cedric Ceballos?

Benoit Benjamin! Sean rooks! Elden Campbell! Eddie, eddie! Rofl man I miss those pre 96 days lol

Samurai Swoosh
05-12-2011, 01:03 PM
LMAO @ Lakers fans still stuck on Bynum's nuts. He's done. He's not what you thought he would or could become. He needs to go. Get better pieces in return.

Kiddlovesnets
05-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Lets continue this discussion, how would you rebuild the Lakers if you were the GM?

Mr. Jabbar
05-20-2011, 01:20 AM
A team can't be so 1 sided. Lakers are all about their front court height advantage and ability to post up. Teams get an easy job of figuring them out and setting up a gameplan.

They need to spread balance a bit. An aging kobe + fisher aint cutting it anymore. We need perimeter shooting and decent D from the outside, FRESH legs for gods sake.

I say we sacrifice Gasol OR Odom + bench scrubs for valuable fillers, focusing on the outside.

Artest needs to go too, liability on O, plus not super D anymore.

LBJWADE
05-20-2011, 01:37 AM
Mitch isnt just gonna sit back and let the best PG (Williams) and the best C (Howard) float around the league without making a move on them.

lilgodfather1
05-20-2011, 01:41 AM
They are going to waive Kobe's contract if they are smart. The new CBA will allow them to do so. If they don't then he will keep them in position to be good enough to get bad picks in the draft, but not good enough to win.

whoartthou
05-20-2011, 01:44 AM
deal kobe

talkingconch
05-20-2011, 01:46 AM
Bynum/Odom for Dwight.
Gasol for some serviceable role players with a defensive mindset in a multi-team trade.

Instant contenders.

this sounds nice, but don't see it happening tbh, maybe one or the other

just the thought of giving up bynum+gasol doesnt feel right idk

kaiiu
05-20-2011, 01:48 AM
deal kobe
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Yao Ming's Foot
05-20-2011, 01:50 AM
Sign and trade with Cavs in two years Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom for Dwight Howard and Anderson Varejao

Then move Bynum to the Wolves for Rubio, Beasley and a wing

Youth + Great Defense + Kobe = more rings

talkingconch
05-20-2011, 02:00 AM
the dwight trade has been going around alot obviously but getting dwill makes me salivate as well

RazorBaLade
05-20-2011, 02:31 AM
bynum for varejao and davis, sign aaron brooks and rick adelman

??

LBJWADE
05-20-2011, 03:52 AM
the dwight trade has been going around alot obviously but getting dwill makes me salivate as well

Williams would be perfect!!!!!!!

pejavelin
05-20-2011, 04:35 AM
i say we need to land a proven player and not someone we hope(bynum) is going to become great. artest has to go too. pau can stay if hes focused but he could be dealt too. the pg position needs improvement.

i think the best addition and something that would make them champions again would be DH. deal, bynum/artest/pau for dh/hedo or j rich/filler

so best scenario for now would be:
fisher/kobe/jrich/odom/DH

some bench pieces and maybe a better pg and you got a championship in the oven.

greymatter
05-20-2011, 11:22 AM
Tell Kobe his sorry old carcass isn't worth 26 million and that he needs to take a 50% pay cut if he wants his team to get more talent. Trade Bynum and Odom in a package for Bogut and a decent PG.

The former will never happen, even if his production falls off to washed-up Tmac type of numbers.

DStebb716
05-20-2011, 11:35 AM

That would be the common logic, but they obviously just weren't in it this year. A chance should be made. Trade Bynum for Howard, and try to find a PG.

DStebb716
05-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Tell Kobe his sorry old carcass isn't worth 26 million and that he needs to take a 50% pay cut if he wants his team to get more talent. Trade Bynum and Odom in a package for Bogut and a decent PG.

The former will never happen, even if his production falls off to washed-up Tmac type of numbers.

Disagreed. He has brought so many titles to them that he should be paid the big bucks until he retires (as long as he retires within a reasonable time).

greymatter
05-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Improve the bench. Add athletic, motivated players at the SF, SG wing positions. Get a decent point guard that's actually not a liability.
Kobe is the only untouchable one here.

Since he's not going to take a pay cut, the Lakers will never be able to improve their roster until he retires; not unless some team trades an all-star caliber player for the Lakers' worst contracts *cough Kwame*.

greymatter
05-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Disagreed. He has brought so many titles to them that he should be paid the big bucks until he retires (as long as he retires within a reasonable time).

The bottom line is that it's still a business. It's bad business paying a guy far more than what his production is worth. If your boss can hire 2 young guys who can do the same job as the old timer whose salary is equal to both put together, he has one of two options.

1. Fire your old ass.
2. Be nice for old time's sake and let you know you're out of a job unless you take a pay cut.

Since Kobe's contract is guaranteed, the Lakers are pretty much relegated to be 2nd round fodder until he retires or another Gasol heist happens. Wade, Lebron, and Bosh all took pay cuts to play together. Kobe can either suck it up and swallow his pride, or play the remainder of his years on just good or mediocre teams.

Samurai Swoosh
05-20-2011, 12:00 PM
The Heat don't have a bench, look how far they are getting with three superstars of that magnitude?

It would be nice to have someone help spell Kobe, and have a capable bench.

But the 'bench mob' thing in the NBA playoffs is overrated. Why?

Coaches shorten up their rotation to like 7 or 8 players anyway, and the starters on the floor way more during the course of a game.

bond10
05-20-2011, 12:56 PM

Give Fisher $20+mil/year then. Bump up Artest and Gasol's salary too since they helped. Let's just pay people by how many rings they have with the team.

Kiddlovesnets
05-20-2011, 01:07 PM
The Heat don't have a bench, look how far they are getting with three superstars of that magnitude?

It would be nice to have someone help spell Kobe, and have a capable bench.

But the 'bench mob' thing in the NBA playoffs is overrated. Why?

Coaches shorten up their rotation to like 7 or 8 players anyway, and the starters on the floor way more during the course of a game.

Thats true, but lets see. How is Kobe supposed to play alongside with Dwight and CP3? To some extent Kobe cannot coexist with PGs like Paul and DWill, since they all need the ball.

Samurai Swoosh
05-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Thats true, but lets see. How is Kobe supposed to play alongside with Dwight and CP3? To some extent Kobe cannot coexist with PGs like Paul and DWill, since they all need the ball.
Kobe plays off the ball, and out of the post. So that isn't true at all.

You just smell like a Kobe hater.

brownmamba00
05-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Not this again:facepalm

We are NOT rebuilding. We are keeping our core. Just sign a legit PG and try to get some athletic players on the wing who can defend and we are back:rockon:

Kiddlovesnets
05-20-2011, 01:23 PM
Not this again:facepalm

We are NOT rebuilding. We are keeping our core. Just sign a legit PG and try to get some athletic players on the wing who can defend and we are back:rockon:

I dont think so, the door has officially shut for teams like Lakers, Celtics and Spurs, maybe Mavs too next year. In five years you can successfully build a young team like the Thunder, especially since the Lakers have a front-office to count on. Not mentioning Wade will be 34 five years from now, the Heat should decline by then, which gives Lakers a much better chance to compete in 2016.

Harion
05-20-2011, 01:30 PM
how do you rebuild the Lakers? you trade Kobe for hotdogs and a gatorade.

brownmamba00
05-20-2011, 01:32 PM
I dont think so, the door has officially shut for teams like Lakers, Celtics and Spurs, maybe Mavs too next year. In five years you can successfully build a young team like the Thunder, especially since the Lakers have a front-office to count on. Not mentioning Wade will be 34 five years from now, the Heat should decline by then, which gives Lakers a much better chance to compete in 2016.
:roll:

the fvck outta here.

amfirst
05-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Get a real PG to distribute the ball. Kobe is getting too old to do everything. Get a new defensive minded and pick n roll type coach to give the Lakers some easy basket. The triangle one on one iso with Kobe and Gasol is not as effective as before because they are not young any more. Teams are running double triple type screens nowadays to get easy basket. Lakers need to adapt.

swi7ch
05-20-2011, 03:01 PM
They just have to convince Kobe to be the second banana. Look at Tim Duncan---he accepted the 2nd or even 3rd banana role and SA had the best record in the league.

You can't be in your prime forever, Kobe. Not even the GOAT (Jordan) was able to conquer age so you should not be an exception.

Theoo's Daddy
05-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Put a hit on kobe to get rid of his contract. They'll be stuck in mediocrity until it expires. They will be forced to give up good pieces they have in bynum/gasol/odom if they want to do anything. One thing for sure though, gasol might walk out when his contract expires, i don't see him taking less while being stuck in their current situation.

Yao Ming's Foot
05-20-2011, 04:04 PM
Damn this thread is like moron bait.

If Kobe can't lead a team to its 4th consecutive Finals and 3rd consecutive championship when his only all star teammate is putting up 13 pts and 8 rebounds on 42% shooting he suddenlly becomes an albatross of a contract and washed up. :oldlol:

Soundwave
05-20-2011, 05:09 PM
Lakers don't need to be rebuilt, they just need to accept there are probably better and younger teams than them now, but they'll still be a good team for a few more seasons.

Time to coast and see if they can't sneak in another championship before Kobe is done for good.

chips93
05-20-2011, 05:22 PM
try to upgrade the sf spot, add some athleticism and 3pt shooting, nothing drastic, this team can still contend next year, no rebuilding necessary for a couple years.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-20-2011, 05:57 PM
1. Hire Adelman.
2. Use Adelman to help sign Yao Ming (backup center) with a portion of MLE.
3. Trade for Igoudala: send Artest (great value contract) and expiring contract of Theo Ratliff (sign and trade 1 yr deal).
4. Find a point guard. Would love Aaron Brooks, but he is UFA to Phoenix.

Kiddlovesnets
05-20-2011, 06:56 PM
1. Hire Adelman.
3. Trade for Igoudala: send Artest (great value contract) and expiring contract of Theo Ratliff (sign and trade 1 yr deal).

umm this...

Kiddlovesnets
05-25-2011, 01:10 AM
Looks like the first step to rebuild is to sign Mike Brown.
o_o

Kiddlovesnets
05-21-2012, 07:04 AM
Now this thread needs a revival...

What the Lakers did last season to rebuild the team was:

Step 1: Sign Mike Brown.
Step 2: Send Odom to the Mavs
Step 3: Trade Fisher for Ramon Sessions

What else?
:rolleyes:

B-Easy8
05-21-2012, 09:52 AM
I know there is no way they do this but they should trade Kobe for a bunch of good young wings. Kobe just shot jacks the Lakers out of games now. Get some guys who will defer to Bynum and Gasol and who actually complement how the team is constructed. Sessions is a penetrating PG and you have 2 dominant bigs, therefore you should have wings who can shoot and defend.

Probably should trade MWP also if he still has value.

konex
05-21-2012, 10:29 AM
All they need is another guy who can create for himself or others off the dribble vs. pressure defense. Sessions was supposed to be that guy but he can't shoot.

A Mo Williams or even Jason Terry is the difference btw. LA being bounced in this series and facing the Spurs

kingkong
05-21-2012, 10:31 AM
- hire a real coach
- trade Kobe and Gasol for young SG, PG, PF and role players

there, rebuild around Bynum

Artillery
05-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Kobe's depended on GOAT coach Phil Jackson his entire career. With him gone, he's never winning another championship. LA's going to be an irrelevant regular season team for the next couple years(like they were throughout the 90s)

DTreats
05-21-2012, 11:38 AM
1. Force Mike Brown to quit
2. 3 Team trade DEN LAL HOU, Lakers give up Pau+Sesh, get Scola, Afflalo, Miller
3. Trade MWP to the San Antonio Spurs for Matt Bonner
4. Sign Steve Nash, Steve Novak and Jared Jeffries+Resign Matt Barnes for vet min
5. Hire Jerry Sloan

Steve Nash/Andre Miller
Kobe Bryant/Arron Afflalo
Matt Barnes/Steve Novak
Luis Scola/Matt Bonner/Jared Jeffries
Andrew Bynum/Jordan Hill

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Kobe's depended on GOAT coach Phil Jackson his entire career. With him gone, he's never winning another championship. LA's going to be an irrelevant regular season team for the next couple years(like they were throughout the 90s)

That's great. Now how do you rebuild them?

Eat Like A Bosh
05-21-2012, 01:25 PM
1. Hire Adelman.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BEaT1PzqY1Q/Tw6ZWy4D8zI/AAAAAAAADRc/aMBSnSRLos8/s1600/120111_yao_panda.photoblog600.jpg

boozehound
05-21-2012, 01:44 PM

What else?
uhm jordan hill? Went from getting 8 mins a night in houston to being the 3rd big in the rotation (and was very solid). DO they keep him? Does a team needing inside help desperately overpay to lure him?

Remix
05-21-2012, 01:54 PM
would the jazz give up Devin Harris? he would provide some desperately needed speed to the lakers backcourt

WeGetRing2012
05-21-2012, 02:29 PM

What else?

We got rid of Walton,Fisher,Kapono and a broken Odom...grand total of 19 mil

We added Sessions and Hill... 7 mil

Good job Mitch :applause: :applause:

WeGetRing2012
05-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Pull off a trade that gets rid of Pau and adds Deron Williams. It could be 3 team trade whatever....and add some young fast players.

Get Beasley.

Keep Bynum,MWP,Kobe,Sessions,Hill,Ebanks

Sign Odom for Vet's min.

ralph_i_el
05-21-2012, 03:01 PM
They can't do anything because Kobe Gasol and Bynum make more money than the soft cap. They can't really sign anyone except for using the MLE once a year and resigning players they have had for 3 years.

but delusional lakers fans still think that they can just retool and win a championship :facepalm

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-21-2012, 03:04 PM
trade pau to minny for D Williams/Pekovic(plz dont tell me he is not tradeable)/barea/webster(cap purpose)

try to flip that package for Deron Williams

Sign Beasy for mini mle...tweener can play 3/4

make bynum go to Germany and get the knee done like twice

Add Odom for minimum...add steve novak if possible...

longtime lurker
05-21-2012, 03:43 PM
Trade Gasol for a borderline allstar PF and some competent 3 point shooters because right now theirs is deplorable. They also need a James Harden type creator off the bench.

Artillery
05-21-2012, 05:12 PM
That's great. Now how do you rebuild them?

You don't rebuild a broken down car. You send it to the trash heap. Lakers aren't winning another championship with Kobe on the roster. Have to amnesty him or find some way to dump his ass.

swi7ch
05-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Trading Pau should be #1 priority. Get an all-star in exchange or 2 (or more) non-all-star players in return. Then they have to address the PG problem. Thirdly, they have to get Odom back.

RazorBaLade
05-21-2012, 05:56 PM
You don't rebuild a broken down car. You send it to the trash heap. Lakers aren't winning another championship with Kobe on the roster. Have to amnesty him or find some way to dump his ass.

29 pts on 24 shots
12 pts on 10 shots

Who do I get rid of? Hmm

Owl
05-21-2012, 06:03 PM
trade pau to minny for D Williams/Pekovic(plz dont tell me he is not tradeable)/barea/webster(cap purpose)

try to flip that package for Deron Williams

Sign Beasy for mini mle...tweener can play 3/4

make bynum go to Germany and get the knee done like twice

Add Odom for minimum...add steve novak if possible...
Why on earth would Minny give up Pekovic (AND Williams) to get an older big who will be old and possibly retired by the time their young core hits its peak.

And why would Odom take the minimum to play for a team where which he campaigned out of?

dzav323
05-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Trade with Hornets (NO VETO :D )
Lakers get
Ariza
Okafor
#10 pick

Hornets get
Gasol
Future pick
filler

Maybe add a 3rd team not get rid of MWP or something?

Owl
05-21-2012, 06:27 PM
29 pts on 24 shots
12 pts on 10 shots

Who do I get rid of? Hmm
I don't know. Why on earth would you judge players on a single game?

I assume most people would take
53points off 19 shots, 8 rebounds, 1 turnover
over
13pts, 10ass, 6reb, 10 turnovers

Player 1Willie Burtonhttp://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199412130PHI.html
Other options for 1 game breakouts were
Tony Delkhttp://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200101020SAC.html
Tracey Murrayhttp://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199802100GSW.html
Randy Breuerhttp://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199002040MIN.html
and Walt Wesleyhttp://articles.latimes.com/1987-12-25/sports/sp-21134_1_abdul-jabbar-trade

Player 2: Magic Johnsonhttp://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/198602110GSW.html

And that's why choosing players over one game is a brilliant idea.

RazorBaLade
05-21-2012, 06:31 PM
I don't know. Why on earth would you judge players on a single game?

I assume most people would take
53points off 19 shots, 8 rebounds, 1 turnover
over
13pts, 10ass, 6reb, 10 turnovers

Player 1Willie Burtonhttp://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199412130PHI.html
Other options for 1 game breakouts were
Tony Delk http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200101020SAC.html
Tracey Murray http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199802100GSW.html
Randy Breuer http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199002040MIN.html
and Walt Wesley http://articles.latimes.com/1987-12-25/sports/sp-21134_1_abdul-jabbar-trade

Player 2: Magic Johnson
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/198602110GSW.html

And that's why choosing players over one game is a brilliant idea.

Those are the averages for this years playoffs bro. What like 10 or 11 games? I know its ****ing ridiculous, pau is much better than what we're seeing but hes just done.

longtime lurker
05-21-2012, 07:00 PM
Those are the averages for this years playoffs bro. What like 10 or 11 games? I know its ****ing ridiculous, pau is much better than what we're seeing but hes just done.

:oldlol: these haters aren't too smart.

Kiddlovesnets
01-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Now comes the realistic question, how do you rebuild the Lakers?
:eek:

RoundMoundOfReb
01-20-2013, 05:18 PM
you can't until kobe retires.

Kiddlovesnets
01-20-2013, 05:54 PM
you can't until kobe retires.

But they are having a 17-23 scrub season, its the time to rebuild.

Kiddlovesnets
01-21-2013, 11:08 PM
Now its the time to rebuild, 7 games below 0.500 and playoffs are a distant dream.

Godzuki
01-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Lakers are going to go on a run of W's and start clickiing. with or without Pau. i'd bet on it. and D Antoni is going to be a genius in the end :pimp:

shady6121
01-21-2013, 11:11 PM
http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh600/Rodman2124/kobeclutch.gif

secund2nun
01-21-2013, 11:41 PM
No one is taking Kobe's huge contract. Wait for him to expire in 2014. Trade Gasol for nice young players or a decent draft pick. Keep Dwight Howard. Trade Nash only for a nice draft pick or young prospects. Go all out for Lebron in 2014. Build around Lebron/Dwight. That would be a deadly combo.

miggyme1
01-22-2013, 12:02 AM
hate to say it but the lakers need to clean house.....id try and trade dwight for brooke lopez.......lets be honest dwight isnt a guy who is gonna LEAD u to the promised land..but he is a great second option......brooke lopez has center height and a center skillset....

everybody currently on the lakers roster besideS kobe id trade for picks.....if they keep dantoni.....prolly try to get YOUNG guys that can run and shoot......nick young,dorrel wright.......lou williams when he comes back.....u gonnA need shooters....something they dont have now...they need a pg.....maybe get the kid from syracuse???????? hell maybe EVEN peyton siva.....pretty solid.....can defend....pass first...so kobe can still get his 50 shots....they need somebody like a fab melo...athletic frontcourt guy who can guard 3's,4's and 5's at times.and id go after greg oden if.....IF.......HES HEALTHY.....JUST TO BE A GARBAGE GUY WHO CAN REBOUND AND DEFEND THE PAINT AND RUN THE FLOOR

LikeABosh
01-22-2013, 12:10 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6fup32Ovs1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Scoooter
01-22-2013, 12:20 AM
In the near term there isn't much they can do. Ultimately they are going to have to come to terms with the idea that "Kobe era" however much success you may or may not attribute to it, is just about if not already over. It's all just tweaks and maintenance until a major clean sweep gets them into a genuine rebuild.

Earl Clark should be a nice piece moving forward. Maybe Dwight gets back to his old self next season, and maybe they get Josh Smith. That keeps them competitive for 5 years or so, but Kobe, barring a major shift in mentality, is going to represent an increasingly debilitating coefficient of drag moving forward.

therammingman
01-23-2013, 03:24 AM
trade d12 for mcgee and iggy.

trade pau and earl for love

nash
kobe
iggy
love
mcdumb