PDA

View Full Version : Lakers upcoming correction(s) to make

kobesabi
05-08-2011, 07:08 PM
What is everyone's idea of corrections to make for the Lakers?

SoCalMike
05-08-2011, 07:16 PM
How about we take a moment to appreciate what we have had the last three years first? Just sayin... geez

:pimp:

MJ(Mean John)
05-08-2011, 07:32 PM
(sigh)

The guys we have are fine...

They just need some fire in their games.

kobesabi
05-08-2011, 07:33 PM
I know...too depressing to think about it. I guess it's my way to block out the negatives.

$LakerGold
05-08-2011, 07:54 PM
(sigh)

No actually, we need a roster change. maybe get rid of blake and barnes or artest and get ariza back. Since you got Ron artest always shooting three, why not trade him and get ariza. atleast thats what I see of him; in the offense.

To sum it up, im just not feeling barnes and blake.

WE NEED OUR OLD ROSTER THAT WON US A CHAMPION!

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-08-2011, 08:07 PM
(sigh)

LOL no....we need penetration and Athletic players on the roster....we have 0 penetration right now and no outside shooting...

Kobe is the only player who goes in and who shoots the ball well from outside...

in today's Athletic league I think having twin towers is useless cause the game is becoming so faster...

SoCalMike
05-08-2011, 08:17 PM
I know...too depressing to think about it. I guess it's my way to block out the negatives.

ok, thats fair...

kobesabi
05-08-2011, 08:17 PM
No actually, we need a roster change. maybe get rid of blake and barnes or artest and get ariza back. Since you got Ron artest always shooting three, why not trade him and get ariza. atleast thats what I see of him; in the offense.

To sum it up, im just not feeling barnes and blake.

WE NEED OUR OLD ROSTER THAT WON US A CHAMPION!
We need someone who can answer 3pts. Ariza is a good replacement. I wonder if New Orleans will do this?

CP3 & Ariza for Gasol & Luke/Artest

Droid101
05-08-2011, 08:23 PM
The roster isn't fine. Talent doesn't matter if you don't try every minute of every game.

I swear, if the Lakers don't make some major moves this summer, I want a divorce.

I'll take a worse team as long as they try hard and fight every game.

lakersNUMBA1
05-08-2011, 08:33 PM
the lakers we have now are more aggressive and will kick your a$$ if they have too.

we need players who can shoot and score baskets.
we need a new guard - sorry d fish

pau needs to move on from his damn break up and grow some balls.

i think we should trade pau and maybe matt barnes/steve blake for chris paul maybe?

mr sax
05-08-2011, 08:47 PM
the lakers we have now are more aggressive and will kick your a$$ if they have too.

i think we should trade pau and maybe matt barnes/steve blake for chris paul maybe?

Wow! You think the lakers we have now will kick your a$$ if they have to? [sarcasm font] They certainly proved that this series, didn't they?

Regarding Pau; he is partly responsible for the last two championships.

Why would the Hornets trade one of the top point guards in the league?

Eat Like A Bosh
05-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Lakers need youth, athletism, perimeter defense, 3 point shooting, Gasol's toughness.
Fish and Kobe are both too old, they can't guard anyone. We need someone like Ty Lawson/Raymond Felton, and a great backup for Kobe. And 3 point shooters. Steve Blake, Brown has been disappointing all season long, especially Blake.

lakersNUMBA1
05-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Wow! You think the lakers we have now will kick your a$$ if they have to? [sarcasm font] They certainly proved that this series, didn't they?

Regarding Pau; he is partly responsible for the last two championships.

Why would the Hornets trade one of the top point guards in the league?

lakers are a tough team minus gasoft.
i can understand that he is a huge part of why the lakers went to the finals in the past 3 years but he was horrible in the dallas series.

and i just used cp3 as an example.. the lakers need a point guard. d fish is one of my fav players and i understand that he can still play but we need to get a guard who can average over 5 assists in a season. has never been done before in the past 10 years (maybe more)

$LakerGold
05-08-2011, 11:03 PM

yeah and make it a 3 team trade and add BLAKE GRIFFIN :oldlol:

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-09-2011, 12:28 AM
Its hard to know exactly what needs to be done because we do not know the real issues in the locker room.
We have a great team, but something is going on internally.
With respect to on-court failures, its simple: our bench sucked, Gasol sucked, Kobe has lost explosion but is still a top shelf player.

Dont know if we should trade Gasol or Bynum or Odom or Artest or none of them.

bladefd
05-09-2011, 01:16 AM
Its hard to know exactly what needs to be done because we do not know the real issues in the locker room.
With respect to on-court failures, its simple: our bench sucked, Gasol sucked, Kobe has lost explosion but is still a top shelf player.

I think Gasol has lost all his passion. As much as I hate to say this, it may be time for him to go.. Seriously, that was a terrible performance by him. He was probably our most consistent player until this year's playoff. I don't know what happened to him...

Artest? He didn't show up against the Mavs either. Had some good defensive plays but overall was basically a no-show.

Bynum & Odom - they were a disgrace tonight. I lost respect for both of them; classless act and very immature. Bynum has matured a bit but that was a very immature move today. He needs a 3-game suspension. I seriously hope he figures out that what he did was immature and put it behind him.

Odom's foul wasn't that bad, it was a hard shove and probably worth a technical 2. Throwing him out was enough, no need for a suspension. Maybe 1 game at most.

On behalf of all Laker fans, I'm ashamed of Bynum/Odom's actions tonight. There are ways to show your anger and frustration but not in that manner. They are much better than that, and they know it. We are not like that.

I feel embarrassed to be getting messages from friends of mine (especially a Celtics fan) laughing at me for rooting for "punks like bynum and odom." I feel embarrassed as a fan of this team and a fan of these players. I know guys like KG and Rondo do dirty plays like this quite a bit, but WE LAKERS ARE BETTER THAN THAT. Why did Bynum/Odom have to stoop down to the level of guys like KG/Rondo?? :facepalm

TrueGreenFan
05-09-2011, 01:54 AM
I think Gasol has lost all his passion. As much as I hate to say this, it may be time for him to go.. Seriously, that was a terrible performance by him. He was probably our most consistent player until this year's playoff. I don't know what happened to him...

Artest? He didn't show up against the Mavs either. Had some good defensive plays but overall was basically a no-show.

Bynum & Odom - they were a disgrace tonight. I lost respect for both of them; classless act and very immature. Bynum has matured a bit but that was a very immature move today. He needs a 3-game suspension. I seriously hope he figures out that what he did was immature and put it behind him.

Odom's foul wasn't that bad, it was a hard shove and probably worth a technical 2. Throwing him out was enough, no need for a suspension. Maybe 1 game at most.

On behalf of all Laker fans, I'm ashamed of Bynum/Odom's actions tonight. There are ways to show your anger and frustration but not in that manner. They are much better than that, and they know it. We are not like that.

I feel embarrassed to be getting messages from friends of mine (especially a Celtics fan) laughing at me for rooting for "punks like bynum and odom." I feel embarrassed as a fan of this team and a fan of these players. I know guys like KG and Rondo do dirty plays like this quite a bit, but WE LAKERS ARE BETTER THAN THAT. Why did Bynum/Odom have to stoop down to the level of guys like KG/Rondo?? :facepalm

Don't be mad Beantown is still playing while LAL are home watching.

CantLooz
05-09-2011, 02:01 AM

So Pau had a bad post season. He was the main reason we won the last few championships. He still has the tools. You dont just throw a guy like that to the curb knowing he was the key to our success. The only way I would get rid of him is if we got Dwight Howard in a deal. We have horrible 3 point shooters & horrible defense, & we should concentrate on that. The way I see it, the league is morphing into super teams. Dallas, Miami, Chicago, Boston, San Antonio, New York (will add more) & LA all have multiple super stars who are learning their new found chemistry. I say the only way we win next year is that somehow we land Dwight Howard or CP3. Our obvious hole is at PG. We need to do something to win next year & we wont do it with the team that we currently have.

TrueGreenFan
05-09-2011, 02:04 AM
Gasol = Bosh

Kobe = Joe Johnson

Odom married the wrong Kardashian

Lakers keep losing

$LakerGold
05-09-2011, 02:08 AM
We need someone who can answer 3pts. Ariza is a good replacement. I wonder if New Orleans will do this?

CP3 & Ariza for Gasol & Luke/Artest

GASOL is garbage.. He's like in the 3rd tier right now.

If it wasnt for caps, I'd trade Gasol for Mbenga :oldlol:

$LakerGold
05-09-2011, 02:11 AM
Is it me or kobe never really did anything during thr 4th quarter? it looked like he was passing the ball all the time.

TrueGreenFan
05-09-2011, 02:24 AM
Kobe never does anything in the 4th quarter

$LakerGold
05-09-2011, 02:26 AM
Kobe never does anything in the 4th quarter
Hope your not serious.

LakerGirl72
05-09-2011, 02:32 AM
sad to say but it's time to get someone in that can take over for fish. not sad to say, get rid of blake, maybe blake and brown. the 3 b's have been HORRIBLE and not worthy to have the lakers tag on them.

sucks we can't get rid of walton yet, he got a sweet deal cuz of his daddies name and nobody is willing to pay 6mill/year for a bench warmer. that shyt just has to expire so he can straight up retire.

crisoner
05-09-2011, 02:35 AM
After you guys are done overreacting read what I am about to say.

We have our 5 starters returning next year plus Odom and the Lakers will be fine. First things first this team needs a coach. B-Shaw would be a great guy to have because he know our players and Phil's system.

Everyone wants to go to rumors etc. but you know what was wrong this year....the fact that in the NBA it is HARD to play consistent championship basketball for more then a 2 to 3 year period. This team went to three Finals and won two of them that is a whole lot of miles not just physically but mentally. And the Laker team we saw this series looked drained in both areas.
If the Lakers made a couple of plays down the stretch of 1 and 3 they could of been up 2-1 I know today was a blowout but with a couple of tweaks and the right frame of mind this current team can still contend. Our core trio of bigs is still the best in the NBA on any given night. Kobe is still Kobe even though he may be on the decline.
Look if the Lakers can some how be gift wrapped a Dwight Howard or CP3 of course they should fine a way to do it but with the new labor agreements coming up this Summer and potential lockout that all seems far fetched.
So realistically this is what I hope happens....

1) The Lakers get a coach ASAP to fill in Phil's spot...
2) There is NO lockout....no NBA season and the Lakers come back maybe 2 years older? Not good.
2) Lakers find a young PG that can facilitate well via trade or free agency...as well as some 3 point shooters who can come off the bench.

(Is it me or did we miss Sasha this year?)

Brown did not cut...to inconsistent....if he leaves been nice
I like Barnes and I hope he stays...
I think Blake will do some good for us in the future...but he will just be a back up pg
Walton.....he is a black hole sucking up money and a roster spot...
Smith....we should of NEVER traded for him...
Ratliff....old and injured waste of a roster spot

Our young guys maybe be able to play next year...I like Character....hope he can contribute next year...

But hey I wish I could say it was a great season but it was not. Highlights are Lamar winning 6th man and the run after the All Star Break 17-1. It has been a monumental failure of a year in every other aspect.

This years journey was a joke. Hope it was just a lil speed bump.

crisoner
05-09-2011, 02:36 AM
TGFan is trolling...mods please delete all his posts....

TrueGreenFan
05-09-2011, 03:02 AM
I'm not trolling. Just cause I'm a celtics fan I can't post in the laker forum? Kobe doesn't do anything in the 4th quarter USUALLY. He chucks bad shots, my bad. He's overrated. It's my OPINION. I joined this site so I can state my OPINION. If you don't agree then make an argument. If not, you can ignore my OPINION.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-09-2011, 03:05 AM
After you guys are done overreacting read what I am about to say.

We have our 5 starters returning next year plus Odom and the Lakers will be fine. First things first this team needs a coach. B-Shaw would be a great guy to have because he know our players and Phil's system.

Everyone wants to go to rumors etc. but you know what was wrong this year....the fact that in the NBA it is HARD to play consistent championship basketball for more then a 2 to 3 year period. This team went to three Finals and won two of them that is a whole lot of miles not just physically but mentally. And the Laker team we saw this series looked drained in both areas.
If the Lakers made a couple of plays down the stretch of 1 and 3 they could of been up 2-1 I know today was a blowout but with a couple of tweaks and the right frame of mind this current team can still contend. Our core trio of bigs is still the best in the NBA on any given night. Kobe is still Kobe even though he may be on the decline.
Look if the Lakers can some how be gift wrapped a Dwight Howard or CP3 of course they should fine a way to do it but with the new labor agreements coming up this Summer and potential lockout that all seems far fetched.
So realistically this is what I hope happens....

1) The Lakers get a coach ASAP to fill in Phil's spot...
2) There is NO lockout....no NBA season and the Lakers come back maybe 2 years older? Not good.
2) Lakers find a young PG that can facilitate well via trade or free agency...as well as some 3 point shooters who can come off the bench.

(Is it me or did we miss Sasha this year?)

Brown did not cut...to inconsistent....if he leaves been nice
I like Barnes and I hope he stays...
I think Blake will do some good for us in the future...but he will just be a back up pg
Walton.....he is a black hole sucking up money and a roster spot...
Smith....we should of NEVER traded for him...
Ratliff....old and injured waste of a roster spot

Our young guys maybe be able to play next year...I like Character....hope he can contribute next year...

But hey I wish I could say it was a great season but it was not. Highlights are Lamar winning 6th man and the run after the All Star Break 17-1. It has been a monumental failure of a year in every other aspect.

This years journey was a joke. Hope it was just a lil speed bump.

I dont agree with keeping the core together....did you see Artest today? he couldnt get up to make a layup....

These guys are getting old and look at the teams that are making noise right now...they have an elite PG and super athletic wing players...rose,lebron,wade,rondo, westborrk,conley,KD....

I honestly think we need an ultra quick PG and if I cant get CP3/DWill by trading Pau Gasol I would do it....with kobe getting older and older we need a guard who can create easy baskets for the whole team...and get Kobe some wide open shots.

Also having a good PG will lessen kobe's Defensive work where now he doesnt have to guard CP3/Rondo/Dwill3 ..etc

I have no clue what Brian Shaw has done to earn the Main job. Atleast Chuck P installed the defensive scheme...I havent heard anything about Shaw being proactive and working with players...or having a real influence on game planning ....

out of the Bench, Shannon Brown MUST go. what a brain fart he is...we need some young fresh blood and hungry players on this squad

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-09-2011, 03:07 AM
I'm not trolling. Just cause I'm a celtics fan I can't post in the laker forum? Kobe doesn't do anything in the 4th quarter USUALLY. He chucks bad shots, my bad. He's overrated. It's my OPINION. I joined this site so I can state my OPINION. If you don't agree then make an argument. If not, you can ignore my OPINION.

for that you can go to the main forum. you are a troll ...if you want to say stuff like above back them up with some stats...or else just stop running your mouth ...

TrueGreenFan
05-09-2011, 03:21 AM
Nope. I'll say what I want. Kobe is not clutch. The Celtics have a bunch of guys who are equally as clutch as Kobe. Ray Allen and Pierce are both more clutch than Kobe. You go look up the stats of who makes higher percentages in late game stretches you'll see. Kobe is not even top 10-top 20 in the league as a clutch player. I'm not trollling. I know the stats. You should look them up and find out. Moron.

EllEffEll
05-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Nope. I'll say what I want. Kobe is not clutch. The Celtics have a bunch of guys who are equally as clutch as Kobe. Ray Allen and Pierce are both more clutch than Kobe. You go look up the stats of who makes higher percentages in late game stretches you'll see. Kobe is not even top 10-top 20 in the league as a clutch player. I'm not trollling. I know the stats. You should look them up and find out. Moron.

Troll Green 2-Watt: This a Laker forum, not a Kobe forum. We care about what the team does. That said, that's all you've got? Do you have anything original instead of the same tired crap that far more skilled trolls than yourself have been regurgitating for years?

crisoner
05-09-2011, 12:30 PM
I dont agree with keeping the core together....did you see Artest today? he couldnt get up to make a layup....

These guys are getting old and look at the teams that are making noise right now...they have an elite PG and super athletic wing players...rose,lebron,wade,rondo, westborrk,conley,KD....

I honestly think we need an ultra quick PG and if I cant get CP3/DWill by trading Pau Gasol I would do it....with kobe getting older and older we need a guard who can create easy baskets for the whole team...and get Kobe some wide open shots.

Also having a good PG will lessen kobe's Defensive work where now he doesnt have to guard CP3/Rondo/Dwill3 ..etc

I have no clue what Brian Shaw has done to earn the Main job. Atleast Chuck P installed the defensive scheme...I havent heard anything about Shaw being proactive and working with players...or having a real influence on game planning ....

out of the Bench, Shannon Brown MUST go. what a brain fart he is...we need some young fresh blood and hungry players on this squad

It would be nice to get a PG like D-Will or CP3 but those are PIPE DREAMS. The Lakers have won titles in the past with out Super Star PG's (Not talking about the Magic years). So realistically...with what we have we still need to depend with are three bigs plus Kobe who are all coming back to be our bread and butter. I agree we need another PG but we are not getting the CP3's of the world...that is a pipe dream face it. We also need to add peices to our bench and get younger. How we do that I don't no but hearing Laker fans say...we need Howard, CP3 and Ariza....come on that's a pipe dream. Not to mention the NBA will be heading to a new agreement that may allow Orlando and NO to keep their star players so they can not force their way out like Melo did.

ihatetimthomas
05-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Sign JJ Barea (quick point guard who can get in the paint), Deshawn Stevenson (physical perimeter defender), and Peja Stojakovic (outside shooting).

on a more serious note, I say to help alleviate or pg situation, go hard for Delonte West. He is the only pg available that I would really like and he is a solid defender. He has had his mental issues in the past, but playing a veteran team should be good for him. Great versatile guard who has range, can finish and can play either position.

Mr. Jabbar
05-09-2011, 03:05 PM

Sums it up really.

Anyway, if something is crystal clear is that our bench does not produce. Changes should start there.

crisoner
05-09-2011, 03:10 PM
So first things first we need a coach. Phil is out and his spot is the most important to fill. No clue who they go after I just hope it happens soon.

SoCalMike
05-09-2011, 03:19 PM
i read an la times article that mentioned doc rivers for coach... lol that would like a fire in this squad.

crisoner
05-09-2011, 04:34 PM
i read an la times article that mentioned doc rivers for coach... lol that would like a fire in this squad.

Doc? lol No thanks that would light a fire in the Celts as well.

bladefd
05-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Honestly, I had a hard time sleeping yesterday. I wish it wasn't a sweep... Sigh.. Makes me feel like crap. I wish we could have at least won 1 game. Only 1 game would have made me feel a little better.

R.I.P. 2010-2011 Los Angeles Lakers

I had a talk with a few people. It seems like there is quite a want to trade off Gasol/Odom or Bynum/Gasol or Bynum/Odom, something. I think I would be okay with trading Bynum/Gasol for Dwight Howard. Gasol and somebody else for CP3 may be fine too. I honestly think Bynum/Odom for Dwight may be our best bet.

Gasol's recent breakup with his GF seems to have hurt him, but he will get over it within a month or two. Gasol did very good in regular season; I wish his gf had waited until after our playoff run to breakup. OMG!!! :(

Imagine a mentally healthy Gasol and Dwight front-court with Artest. That's a very good defensive front-court. Orlando would probably insist on throwing on Hedo's pretty crappy contract if they will give up Dwight for Bynum/Odom. I think Hedo would be fine in the 6th man role. Dwight is too good on both ends of the court to pass up.

SoCalMike
05-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Honestly, I had a hard time sleeping yesterday. I wish it wasn't a sweep... Sigh.. Makes me feel like crap. I wish we could have at least won 1 game. Only 1 game would have made me feel a little better.

R.I.P. 2010-2011 Los Angeles Lakers

I had a talk with a few people. It seems like there is quite a want to trade off Gasol/Odom or Bynum/Gasol or Bynum/Odom, something. I think I would be okay with trading Bynum/Gasol for Dwight Howard. Gasol and somebody else for CP3 may be fine too. I honestly think Bynum/Odom for Dwight may be our best bet.

Gasol's recent breakup with his GF seems to have hurt him, but he will get over it within a month or two. Gasol did very good in regular season; I wish his gf had waited until after our playoff run to breakup. OMG!!! :(

Imagine a mentally healthy Gasol and Dwight front-court with Artest. That's a very good defensive front-court. Orlando would probably insist on throwing on Hedo's pretty crappy contract if they will give up Dwight for Bynum/Odom. I think Hedo would be fine in the 6th man role. Dwight is too good on both ends of the court to pass up.

Nobody substantiated that rumor... not to be argumentative, but we really don't know what was up with Gasol... yes, there was something different about him, but whether it was a GF issue or not, Gasol denied that in an ESPN article.

crisoner
05-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Nobody substantiated that rumor... not to be argumentative, but we really don't know what was up with Gasol... yes, there was something different about him, but whether it was a GF issue or not, Gasol denied that in an ESPN article.

Whatever it is I hope Pau come back from it next season with a vengeance. He did a great job in 09 after all the "Soft" comments from the 08 Finals. Pau is a great skilled big man we need him on board mentally to make another run.

TrueGreenFan
05-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Laker aren't getting Doc. He'll either stay Celtics coach or go to Miami.
I proposed a trade w IND where LA gives Gasol and Shannon Brown up for TJ Ford, Danny Granger, and Dahntay Jones. It's perfect.

Bynum/MLE or draft
Odom/MLE or draft
Granger/Artest
Kobe/Dahntay Jones
TJ Ford/Fisher

Ford is a quick PG who can penetrate and dish. Granger is a 20ppg scorer and great deender. He is young and athletic. So is Dahntay Jones. Your team needs to get younger and athletic. It's a joke you Laker fans think Orlando wants old soft Gasol or injury-proned Bynum for Howard. Face it, your best trade pieces will get you guys you need like a Danny Granger, Iggy, or Rudy Gay. Then you need a younger PG who is quick. But you guys and the pipe dreams about DWill and CP3. Quit it. And I'm not hating. I actually think the Lakers would win the title next yr w a trade like I suggested. You just need to get quicker at the 1 and 3 positions. And move Gasol.

ihatetimthomas
05-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Laker aren't getting Doc. He'll either stay Celtics coach or go to Miami.
I proposed a trade w IND where LA gives Gasol and Shannon Brown up for TJ Ford, Danny Granger, and Dahntay Jones. It's perfect.

Bynum/MLE or draft
Odom/MLE or draft
Granger/Artest
Kobe/Dahntay Jones
TJ Ford/Fisher

Ford is a quick PG who can penetrate and dish. Granger is a 20ppg scorer and great deender. He is young and athletic. So is Dahntay Jones. Your team needs to get younger and athletic. It's a joke you Laker fans think Orlando wants old soft Gasol or injury-proned Bynum for Howard. Face it, your best trade pieces will get you guys you need like a Danny Granger, Iggy, or Rudy Gay. Then you need a younger PG who is quick. But you guys and the pipe dreams about DWill and CP3. Quit it. And I'm not hating. I actually think the Lakers would win the title next yr w a trade like I suggested. You just need to get quicker at the 1 and 3 positions. And move Gasol.

TJ FORD IS NO LONGER A PACER. SHANNON BROWN WILL LIKELY OPT OUT. THIS TRADE IS NOT POSSIBLE.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-09-2011, 10:09 PM

lol....this guy didnt get any minutes in indy and you want him to start on a championship caliber team...lol...troll...

Gasol has lots of value...he can net the lakers CP3/D Will or atleast Step Curry/Wright and a young talent from golden state

bladefd
05-09-2011, 10:16 PM

I dunno, I just posted that based on what Bill Plaschke was saying. Something definitely happened off-the-court that effected his game on the court as Gasol said himself.

"I have to learn from this," Gasol said. ''I have to learn that when something happens off the court, you have to keep it off the court."

He was referring to the report that he stopped talking to Bryant during the postseason because Bryant's wife, Vanessa, had contributed to the breakup of Gasol and his longtime girlfriend. Lakers fans will remember that Karl Malone once publicly accused Vanessa of interfering with his personal life in a similar fashion.

Whatever was happening, Bryant and Gasol haven't connected on the court in a month, and the Lakers have been lost without the strength of their fusion.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-plaschke-lakers-20110509,0,4732394.column?page=2

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-09-2011, 10:36 PM
I dunno, I just posted that based on what Bill Plaschke was saying. Something definitely happened off-the-court that effected his game on the court as Gasol said himself.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-plaschke-lakers-20110509,0,4732394.column?page=2

yeah i think something happened...but whatever it was...it just took the whole team down with it...

how can we trust on this guy? if we were in the finals? so fragile....

MJ(Mean John)
05-10-2011, 02:00 PM
You want to make deals?
Fine.
Somehow trade away Andrew Bynum+Pau Gasol+ SBrown+blake+barnes & first rounders

Go and get Dwill+Dwight howard.

then, Go and have Jerry Sloan coach us.
Run pick and roll ALL DAY.

C.Dwight
Pf LO
Sf Artest
Sg Kobe
pg Dwill.

Bench. Whatever. our bench always sucks.lol

(I kidd)

chris2010
05-10-2011, 03:07 PM
You want to make deals?
Fine.
Somehow trade away Andrew Bynum+Pau Gasol+ SBrown+blake+barnes & first rounders

Go and get Dwill+Dwight howard.

then, Go and have Jerry Sloan coach us.
Run pick and roll ALL DAY.

C.Dwight
Pf LO
Sf Artest
Sg Kobe
pg Dwill.

Bench. Whatever. our bench always sucks.lol

(I kidd)

lol jerry sloan reunited w/ Deron williams. we had Kobe reunite w/ phil so i guess we can do the same situation over again

Hulk Hogan
05-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Artest, barnes, fisher, blake needs to GO!

Trade pau for Stephen curry and dorell wright!

Starting five could be:

Bynum
Odom
D wright
Kobe
Step curry

Then we can fix our bench, get rid of the triangle, hire sloan or brown get some consistent shooters.

We don't need Howard, Cp3, or Dwill. Stop buying the media trade hype.

tamaraw08
05-10-2011, 05:09 PM
1. Full body scan, MRI, CT Scan for Kobe, identify and fix all his physical problems, then strap him to bed until November.
2. Hire Dr Phil to psycho analyze Pau, if his problems are not fixable, then trade him.
3. Put Bynum in bubble wrap until January.
4. ban the Chloe and Lamar camera mean in Staples and Laker practice facilities.
5. Hire DKLaker as coach, for sure, he will identify the weaklings.

EllEffEll
05-10-2011, 07:58 PM
You had me going there for a minute too MJ :oldlol:

kobesabi
05-10-2011, 08:32 PM
But you guys and the pipe dreams about DWill and CP3. Quit it. And I'm not hating. I actually think the Lakers would win the title next yr w a trade like I suggested. You just need to get quicker at the 1 and 3 positions. And move Gasol.
Based on your other posts in the main forum, you want Rondo and JO for CP3 to Celtics...so you want him for yourself...lol...you should quit it since it is just a pipe dream. I can't believe your words anymore. Jerry Buss has $ to smoke pipe. I think he can do it so I'm not going to quit. It is not really pipe dream. Pau&Bynum can knock down free throws more so than Dwight. Bynum is not too far behind Dwight so it is a possible trade.

Quote:
"I have to learn from this," Gasol said. ''I have to learn that when something happens off the court, you have to keep it off the court."

He was referring to the report that he stopped talking to Bryant during the postseason because Bryant's wife, Vanessa, had contributed to the breakup of Gasol and his longtime girlfriend. Lakers fans will remember that Karl Malone once publicly accused Vanessa of interfering with his personal life in a similar fashion.

Whatever was happening, Bryant and Gasol haven't connected on the court in a month, and the Lakers have been lost without the strength of their fusion.
I heard about this rumor on the day before game 4 and thought it was just a joke. I heard it again today on ESPN 710. I guess there is something about it that is true. Not only does it involve getting dump by his gf...but something about Kobe's wife. This is not going to go well in the days to come later. It's like the beginning sign of a Shaq and Kobe feud swept under the rug in 2003-2004. It will not heal anytime soon. It will continue onto next season...keeping Pau will just be wasted time, money, and season. We know what happen during those year...no championship...no productivity. Given that, Lakers should TRY to trade Pau for Dwight or CP3. Pau is a borderline tough guy. I think he's the type of guy that play just enough to win a few rings and quit later on. Pau has been great for the Lakers, but he won't get tougher as he age and become more mature. I'm pretty sure he's complacent of winning just 1 or 2 rings.

Why is Dwight good for Lakers? How many years has he been to playoff already yet win none? Many. So that vitaminwater boy, err... superman, must be pretty desperately hungry to play for a championship. With Kobe's help and one more superstar (CP3 or DWill), Lakers will have real big 3 to counter vaporize out the Heat into steam. We need to infuse some hungry energy into this team that is already bloated, spoiled, and tired team to renew and revitalize the team back on track again.

Magic said they have too much distraction so they lost focus. Lamar-reality show, Artest-rap/crazy schedules, Fisher-cba stuff, Pau-gf stuff...and? They are all bloated with feeling they can turn on/off whenever they can. Unfortunately, they could not and fell flat. 1st biggest lost in Lakers history is by this current core. 2nd biggest lost is also them. They gave up too fast. They turn off too easy. It needs to be changed or it will just get worse next year. They don't have the kick to overcome that activation energy. We need desperate superstars to be the catalyst to overcome that point.

SoCalMike
05-10-2011, 08:56 PM
They will grow with the pain and humiliation of this loss... The organization will make the proper adjustments and the Lakers will be playing in June next season... book it!

As for speculation about Pau, I think it is highly unfair of us as Laker fans to scrutinize this based on rumor and innuendo. Go read Pau's exit interview for more about the situation, but again, I think it unfair to jump to conclusions as many have done here.

kobesabi
05-10-2011, 09:15 PM
I know... Sorry Pau, it's just business. Whether it is true or not, personally, I still prefer nucleus around this:

CP3 or DWill (new hungry engergy)
Kobe
Dwight (new hungry energy)

over

Pau (will continually have 'soft' issues in the media as he age)
Kobe
Bynum (he always rolled his eyes and looked sleepy...like he just working but not really into it)

If we still have LO and Artest, then even better. If not, I think somehow Lakers can manage. Just look at Heat...if they can...Lakers can and should be able to do it too.

This is the ultimate

CP3 or DWill
Kobe
Ariza
Dwight
Lamar

For bench: Jason Kapono will be free agent this summer, maybe we can pick him up for cheap? Maybe AI if he wants to play for veteran minimum? At least he can knock down shots for the bench? He's hungry too. We definitely need some speed in there.

kobesabi
05-10-2011, 09:33 PM
3. Put Bynum in bubble wrap until January.
4. ban the Chloe and Lamar camera mean in Staples and Laker practice facilities.

Why put up with Bynum for injury worry every year? Just go with Dwight. He got vitaminwater in him - more reliable than one without it.

Yes to ban on reality camera on Laker practice. I'm really concern with it. It is a potential risk for Lamar in the seasons to come. Have any of you guys watch Lamar and Khloe show? Khloe seems like a very b1tchy person. Their show seems a little boring. I'm afraid they might may try to craft up some drama to increase rating. B1tchy person can take it the wrong way and get to split up...if that happens, even more distraction to Lamar and the team and distruption to the championship journey.

Swaggin916
05-11-2011, 01:47 AM
LOL no....we need penetration and Athletic players on the roster....we have 0 penetration right now and no outside shooting...

Kobe is the only player who goes in and who shoots the ball well from outside...

in today's Athletic league I think having twin towers is useless cause the game is becoming so faster...

It's not useless when you have that penetration. Imagine having D rose on the Lakers and being able to dump it off to 2 very skilled 7 footers... Plus outside shooting... yea that'd be deadly. You hit it on the head tho, we have 0 penetration outside of occasional stints by Kobe, but that's it, and that's not enough.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-11-2011, 02:42 AM
It's not useless when you have that penetration. Imagine having D rose on the Lakers and being able to dump it off to 2 very skilled 7 footers... Plus outside shooting... yea that'd be deadly. You hit it on the head tho, we have 0 penetration outside of occasional stints by Kobe, but that's it, and that's not enough.

how much more money do you wana spend on this roster...

Story Up
05-11-2011, 01:12 PM
I personally don't mind keeping this team together and simply sign a PG and a shooter. Has Gasol didn't have personal issues, we probably would have still won despite those other glaring weaknesses; would have been at the least 2-2.

bladefd
05-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Why put up with Bynum for injury worry every year? Just go with Dwight. He got vitaminwater in him - more reliable than one without it.

Yes to ban on reality camera on Laker practice. I'm really concern with it. It is a potential risk for Lamar in the seasons to come. Have any of you guys watch Lamar and Khloe show? Khloe seems like a very b1tchy person. Their show seems a little boring. I'm afraid they might may try to craft up some drama to increase rating. B1tchy person can take it the wrong way and get to split up...if that happens, even more distraction to Lamar and the team and distruption to the championship journey.

For the first part, Magic won't just trade Dwight. He would have to go to Otis Smith and tell Smith that he has no intention of re-signing with them and provide a list of teams he wouldn't mind getting traded to. If he does that, only then could we get him.

The only other thing that can happen is if Dwight doesn't sign an extension and lets it linger on into January like Carmelo. You KNOW the Magic organization would freak out and trade Dwight before he walks for nothing like Shaq. Then the question would be: should the Lakers trade Gasol or Bynum in the middle of a season?

What if we have a top 3 record in the west halfway into next season? Should we go into the playoffs expecting the Lakers to do much better than this season? Lakers had a top 2 seed in the West in January this season and were close to pushing for the Spurs #1 seed in April. Look at how the playoffs went after such a very good regular season. Or should the Lakers trade Bynum for Dwight when the offer comes through halfway into next season?? :confusedshrug:

For second part.. Honestly, Lamar rushed into it. I heard they are dating.. like 3-4 months later, i hear they are getting married. ???????????

bladefd
05-11-2011, 02:33 PM
I personally don't mind keeping this team together and simply sign a PG and a shooter. Has Gasol didn't have personal issues, we probably would have still won despite those other glaring weaknesses; would have been at the least 2-2.

Like who?

Some Unrestricted-FA PGs and shooters:
Delonte West
Acie Law
J.R. Smith - I know some people don't like him, but I think he is a bit underrated when it comes to playing within a system. Streaky shooter but when he is on, he is great. I think his defense is also a bit underrated, kinda like Pau's defense was a bit underrated at times last couple seasons.
Ronnie Price - bit risky but he has lots of potential
Anthony Parker
Peja Stojakovic
Michael Redd - may be able to get him cheap since he is coming off a major injury. Gambling but if he plays well, he is VERY good.
Jason Kapono
Grant Hill - he would be great as the 6th man off the bench if we have to trade 2 guys from Pau/Bynum/Odom duo for somebody like Dwight or CP3.

dd24
05-11-2011, 08:33 PM
I wouldn't be comfortable seeing the same roster next year. This team didn't have the depth on the perimeter, got killed inside (thanks to Pau), and really needs a PG.

Fish didn't have much left in the tank last year. This year was even worse. So many teams have good or very good PG's it's just a huge weakness at this point. The only way to get something decent will be to make a trade. Here's where the Lakers are different from other teams. They have a lot of money tied up into big guys. They have three starting caliber big men in Odom, Gasol, and Bynum. Other teams spend money on their starting 5 and then look to the bench. The Lakers need to move a big man for a PG. I know trading big for small typically isn't the best so I think we might have to move Odom. He's the guy who's the most expendable.

If we're talking about getting Howard then Bynum would need to be involved in the deal. I think giving them a package of Odom and Bynum is a bit crazy. Bynum + some fillers is definitely a win-win for both teams. Nobody can offer a big man as talented as Bynum to them. He's a better trading chip than what any other team could put together. The Nets might try to include Brooke Lopez but honestly who would you rather have? Plus trading a player like that it seems like they'd want to send him West anyway rather than making the East even that much harder. I think it may need to be a 3 team deal potentially. I do think the Lakers will look into this too.

I think the Hornets are in a tough spot too. West will probably try to leave this year. I think Paul will want to as well. They aren't going to win a championship there. Right now that list these all-stars want to go to consists of NY, NJ, and LA. They know these are the teams that can make moves. CP3 will get traded next year. I think the Lakers really need to look into that deal too.

I also think a guy like Tayshaun Prince is worth looking into. It would need to be a sign & trade but I think sending Odom would get that done. Tay's every bit as versatile, plays better D, and is a guy who wouldn't need the spotlight. I think he might end up in Detroit still though.

At this point I'd rather have all the money in the starting 5 and just have guys on the bench signed to the MLE (and that is based on if the CBA stays similiar).

tamaraw08
05-11-2011, 11:52 PM
I wouldn't be comfortable seeing the same roster next year. This team didn't have the depth on the perimeter, got killed inside (thanks to Pau), and really needs a PG.

Fish didn't have much left in the tank last year. This year was even worse. So many teams have good or very good PG's it's just a huge weakness at this point. The only way to get something decent will be to make a trade. Here's where the Lakers are different from other teams. They have a lot of money tied up into big guys. They have three starting caliber big men in Odom, Gasol, and Bynum. Other teams spend money on their starting 5 and then look to the bench. The Lakers need to move a big man for a PG. I know trading big for small typically isn't the best so I think we might have to move Odom. He's the guy who's the most expendable.

If we're talking about getting Howard then Bynum would need to be involved in the deal. I think giving them a package of Odom and Bynum is a bit crazy. Bynum + some fillers is definitely a win-win for both teams. Nobody can offer a big man as talented as Bynum to them. He's a better trading chip than what any other team could put together. The Nets might try to include Brooke Lopez but honestly who would you rather have? Plus trading a player like that it seems like they'd want to send him West anyway rather than making the East even that much harder. I think it may need to be a 3 team deal potentially. I do think the Lakers will look into this too.

I think the Hornets are in a tough spot too. West will probably try to leave this year. I think Paul will want to as well. They aren't going to win a championship there. Right now that list these all-stars want to go to consists of NY, NJ, and LA. They know these are the teams that can make moves. CP3 will get traded next year. I think the Lakers really need to look into that deal too.

I also think a guy like Tayshaun Prince is worth looking into. It would need to be a sign & trade but I think sending Odom would get that done. Tay's every bit as versatile, plays better D, and is a guy who wouldn't need the spotlight. I think he might end up in Detroit still though.

At this point I'd rather have all the money in the starting 5 and just have guys on the bench signed to the MLE (and that is based on if the CBA stays similiar).
Interesting points DD, I also like David West and if the Lakers truly believe that Gasol is done, Im in favor of trading Pau for him and maybe plus Ariza.
Im probably the only one who is not excited of getting CP3. Yes, he looked great vs the Lakers, but Aaron Brooks, 3 yrs ago, incluidng Barea and many other regular PGs looked good agaisnt the Lakers' defense. CP3 has lost some explosiveness and will only be good in the next 3 yrs max.
Im not sure of Orlando is crazy to give up Howard for the often injured Bynum, Im betting they would also demand Odom. :(
What if they also offer Nelson who might answer the Lakers's problem at PG?:confusedshrug:
I like Prince but im not sure he would be an upgrade over Odom. :(

Sterlingsucks
05-12-2011, 12:23 AM
The Lakers need people that can go to the whole your offense is too bland, give it to Kobe who will create or drive or iso in the post and everyone sit around and wait for a kick out...You need to get Howard and maybe not CP3 because that would be a tough trade to pull off being that NO will want young talent in return maybe from Portland or OKC or something. BUT you need players who can move and get out on the break.

Howard and Turk and Duhon for Bynum and Odom works, and I see Pau staying which isnt too bad but you need someone who can create not named Kobe because he is forced to do it all...Fisher should not be playing more than 20MPG imo

dd24
05-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Interesting points DD, I also like David West and if the Lakers truly believe that Gasol is done, Im in favor of trading Pau for him and maybe plus Ariza.
Im probably the only one who is not excited of getting CP3. Yes, he looked great vs the Lakers, but Aaron Brooks, 3 yrs ago, incluidng Barea and many other regular PGs looked good agaisnt the Lakers' defense. CP3 has lost some explosiveness and will only be good in the next 3 yrs max.
Im not sure of Orlando is crazy to give up Howard for the often injured Bynum, Im betting they would also demand Odom. :(
What if they also offer Nelson who might answer the Lakers's problem at PG?:confusedshrug:

I'm not saying trade for West. I'm saying he has an ETO on his contract. He'd be crazy not to use it since the FA market this year isn't going to be as star studded as next year. I don't see him returning to the Hornets. If that happens they will need a starting PF. I like Landry but he's not a guy who you want starting every day for you. He's a great 6th man. If West goes you know CP3 will too because they won't have any kind of chance to win a championship. I'm thinking they will be more enticed to trade small for big, like CP3 for Odom + whatever other fillers it might take or even a 3rd team so they can get a PG too.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-12-2011, 01:42 AM
I'm not saying trade for West. I'm saying he has an ETO on his contract. He'd be crazy not to use it since the FA market this year isn't going to be as star studded as next year. I don't see him returning to the Hornets. If that happens they will need a starting PF. I like Landry but he's not a guy who you want starting every day for you. He's a great 6th man. If West goes you know CP3 will too because they won't have any kind of chance to win a championship. I'm thinking they will be more enticed to trade small for big, like CP3 for Odom + whatever other fillers it might take or even a 3rd team so they can get a PG too.

I m sorry but there is no chance in hell u would get CP3 for odom+fillers

Come on man CP3 is a franchise player and u want him for 6th man?

There would be tons of other teams who would offer much better

crisoner
05-12-2011, 01:44 AM
This is how I think it will play out....

Lakers will NOT make any HUGE deals during the off season. They will keep the same roster for the most part starting 5 plus Lamar and head in to next season. Maybe a bench signing here and there...maybe Barnes and Brown go some where else...maybe they can pick up a good FA etc. But the Laker will look to make a deal during the trade deadline in the regular season if the current Lakers roster is not playing up to par. AT this point they may do something drastic like send Gasol and Lamar to NO for West and Paul etc. Or Bynum and LO to Orlando for Howard and Hedo etc. Who knows....

I just think the Lakers will keep it 3 big rotation plus Kobe intact for now and every other piece is fair game.

crisoner
05-12-2011, 01:45 AM
Again Lakers do not need to make a panic trade a'la Perkins to Thunder for Green to address their youth issues.

Find some good young talent they can develop....best thing they can do.

dd24
05-12-2011, 01:48 AM
I m sorry but there is no chance in hell u would get CP3 for odom+fillers

Come on man CP3 is a franchise player and u want him for 6th man?

There would be tons of other teams who would offer much better

What franchise player did NY give up for Melo? Odom is better than any of those guys Denver got. Look, I know there's other teams who could offer a better deal. The thing is LA is a destination that guys want to go to. Of course Portland wants CP3. The question is though, does he want them? You can't trade for someone who expires and have them leave. These superstar players want to be in the right spot. The only way to do it is a trade. Maybe it takes Gasol and then LA keeps Odom and starts him. Which by the way.... Odom is a starter on most teams in the NBA. Nonetheless, you don't throw all the pieces at them first offer.

brownmamba00
05-12-2011, 12:00 PM
I wish we could go after Wilson Chandler and Felton/Lawson.
They are just what we need IMO. Unselfish, can hit the 3, drive and defend.

Saw it in the main forum, something of the likes of a package including Pau and fillers for Lawson/Felton+Nene+Chandler (s&t)

Pau+Barnes+Caracter+Ebanks+picks/cash for Chandler+Nene+Felton/Lawson

Would the Nuggets do it?

Crown&Coke
05-12-2011, 01:05 PM
The Lakers need to keep the same team, but add a couple young guys or get more athletic.

I would hope LA moves Blake+DCaracter for Felton, Denver was high on the rookie and they might let KMart walk so they might be looking for a big. Or Blake+Walton for Felton+Harrington. Denver is trying to get rid of Harrington anyway, and Lukes contract although terrible, is better than Al's. But George Karl already said he likes the 2 pg attack

Second, they need a penetrating guard, whether its a 2 or a lead guard. But someone who can get into the lane.

Keep the bigs unless you can get Howard. Never trade big for small.

They need to let Shannon Brown walk. I love him but he is who he is at this point, a 6'4" small forward

Anyone notice one of Phil's daughters was wearing a #18 jersey?? Was that a Sasha jersey or did it say something else on the back?

Bring Sasha back on a min level deal.

ihatetimthomas
05-12-2011, 02:06 PM
The Lakers need to keep the same team, but add a couple young guys or get more athletic.

I would hope LA moves Blake+DCaracter for Felton, Denver was high on the rookie and they might let KMart walk so they might be looking for a big. Or Blake+Walton for Felton+Harrington. Denver is trying to get rid of Harrington anyway, and Lukes contract although terrible, is better than Al's. But George Karl already said he likes the 2 pg attack

Second, they need a penetrating guard, whether its a 2 or a lead guard. But someone who can get into the lane.

Keep the bigs unless you can get Howard. Never trade big for small.

They need to let Shannon Brown walk. I love him but he is who he is at this point, a 6'4" small forward

Anyone notice one of Phil's daughters was wearing a #18 jersey?? Was that a Sasha jersey or did it say something else on the back?

Bring Sasha back on a min level deal.

Not trying to come off as a dick, but your post has a lot of holes. First off, Blake's value is at an all time low, and he has 3 years remaining on his contract. Raymond Felton still has good value and he is expiring. No way Blake + Caracter gets him ever.

I guess Luke + Blake for Felton + Harrington is better than the previous idea, but I still don't see Denver biting. I think you are really devaluing Rayond Felton and overvaluing Blake. They can certainly get better deals than these around the league for Felton.

Brown has the option to stay if he wants. Lakers cant just let him walk. He can opt out or stay another year.

I think Sasha would be a good player to get at min but he is getting more than that considering how well he played for the Nets.

bladefd
05-12-2011, 02:39 PM

As great as Odom is, you are overrating him. I would do Howard/Nelson for Bynum/Odom in a heartbeat. Lets not overrate Odom's game here, fellows.

He has been here forever and done much for this team, but this is DWIGHT HOWARD we are talking about!!!!!!!!!!! The BEST defensive center in the league bar-none AND a top 3 offensive center in the league. Only two centers' offense I would take over his would be Bynum's and Jefferson (Maybe David Lee due to his range). Then again, this doesn't even take into account other areas of offense, such as offensive rebounding.

As for Prince replacing Odom, of course it would not be an upgrade, but I think Prince would fit perfectly in the Lakers system. He is a solid veteran with a pretty good shot. I think he can complement Artest's defense perfectly for that SF position.

Plus, isn't he also quick enough to give some minutes at SG and strong enough for some minutes at PF? He could be our Shawn Marion back in the Suns days. Marion would often guard opposing PFs like KG and SFs like LeBron and even sometimes guard PGs like Tony Parker. Very versatile and would back up multiple positions. We could use a guy like that (Ron was supposed to be that guy but he lacks a consistent jumpshot and range).

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-12-2011, 02:46 PM
i dont want Nelson. I would prefer Hedo to come back if we are trading Odom.

now if we can play a cheap trick like spurs/cavs of trading odom, he gets bought out and come back and joins the lakers...

I would prefer D Will/CP3/ Felton in that order

Crown&Coke
05-12-2011, 02:50 PM
i dont want Nelson. I would prefer Hedo to come back if we are trading Odom.

now if we can play a cheap trick like spurs/cavs of trading odom, he gets bought out and come back and joins the lakers...

I would prefer D Will/CP3/ Felton in that order

They were drafted in that order too, I guess the GM's got it right, except the Hawks :lol

Me too, I would put Westbrook ahead of those 3 due to age factor and pure entertainment value

TryToBeUnbias
05-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Ebanks might actually be interesting to watch next season. That's if he isn't traded and actually gets play time.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-12-2011, 06:44 PM
They were drafted in that order too, I guess the GM's got it right, except the Hawks :lol

Me too, I would put Westbrook ahead of those 3 due to age factor and pure entertainment value

I am talking about the PG's the lakers can get...

TryToBeUnbias
05-13-2011, 03:15 AM
PG , 3pt shooting to help space the floor a bit more, defensive perimeter upgrades, slashers and/or someone whom can penetrate other than old man Kobe

Crown&Coke
05-13-2011, 02:15 PM
I got an idea, Hawkfan made me think of it:

Kirk Hinrich and Marvin Williams for Steve Blake and Luke Walton???? The Lakers might need to add Brown or Barnes to make the money work, but they might not need to, I don't have the exact salary figs but it looks okay

The Laker take on additoinal salary of Marvin but they get an actual usable body.

MJ(Mean John)
05-13-2011, 02:31 PM
I got an idea, Hawkfan made me think of it:

Kirk Hinrich and Marvin Williams for Steve Blake and Luke Walton???? The Lakers might need to add Brown or Barnes to make the money work, but they might not need to, I don't have the exact salary figs but it looks okay

The Laker take on additoinal salary of Marvin but they get an actual usable body.

I doubt the hawks would do that. They are giving us their best pg, along with some guy who they i think like.

I say we just go and get ourself a young guard. A nice Westbrook, Deron Williams. Give them Bynum or Pau. (Ive said this before the playoffs started.)
The whole bigmen thing wasnt even effective. That inst our advantage anymore. Why? because Guards KILL US. Plus name a team that with artest, LO and Drew would have a bigger frontline than us?

Now, name me a team with quicker guards than us?

My point. Get Deron williams. We werent running the triangle anyway, time to bring in a point guard and make kobes life a lot easier.

Then bring in young fresh legs. Some guys with fire, with desire, with passion.

LA KB24
05-14-2011, 04:07 PM
on a more serious note, I say to help alleviate or pg situation, go hard for Delonte West. He is the only pg available that I would really like and he is a solid defender. He has had his mental issues in the past, but playing a veteran team should be good for him. Great versatile guard who has range, can finish and can play either position.
I wanted him last year. :(

Dude has been damn near automatic from 3 this year.

LA KB24
05-14-2011, 04:08 PM
I'd rather take on Gilbert's contract at this point.

Turkeyglue is beyond worthless.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-14-2011, 04:12 PM
with respect to DHoward, I'm guessing Gilbert Arenas goes with him wherever.

Would love to land Yao for the bench.
Would love to land Aaron Brooks.
both of whom are unrestricted I believe.

LA KB24
05-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Aaron Brooks would be perfect.

dd24
05-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Aaron Brooks would be perfect.

I'd like to see him in a Lakers uniform, but I'm not sure LA will have the money to get it done. I guess we need to see what the new collective bargaining agreement brings.

I also wouldn't mind the Lakers using both of their 2nd round picks to grab a couple PG's and then we can see if one of them ends up being a good player. With 2nd rounders most of them don't end up being much so I always liked the idea of drafting the same position with multiple picks. If someone like Mack fell into the 2nd round it could be a nice pickup.

kkinchen
05-14-2011, 09:56 PM
I'd rather take on Gilbert's contract at this point.

Turkeyglue is beyond worthless.

I'd like to see us get Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson if its possible. Fisher needs to either get traded or benched. Maybe Bynum/Odom/Artest/Fisher for Howard/Nelson/Richardson

dd24
05-14-2011, 10:11 PM
I'd like to see us get Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson if its possible. Fisher needs to either get traded or benched. Maybe Bynum/Odom/Artest/Fisher for Howard/Nelson/Richardson

Richardson is more of a SG than a SF though. He's only 6'6" so he plays a little SF when a team goes small ball but to have him there full time would really put a strain on a team defensively. The other thing I see here is the only youth Orlando would be getting is Bynum. I would think they would want some draft picks. Plus I can't see them completely gutting their team. They need Nelson. He's still their starting PG. Arenas was coming off the bench and really didn't play too impressive last season. I'd hate to give them Bynum and Odom. I think Odom can be used as a trading chip in another scenario to get more talent back in return.

Eat Like A Bosh
05-15-2011, 10:25 AM
Where's the bench? They have literally no bench other than LO. They have to get quicker, younger and more consistent on the perimeter, along with 3 point shooting and that starts at PG. You complete teams with a Point Guard.

Since having the twin towers is pretty useless at this point against teams like Miami, I would be willing to give up Gasol for a decent point guard, one that's actually not a liability.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Where's the bench? They have literally no bench other than LO. They have to get quicker, younger and more consistent on the perimeter, along with 3 point shooting and that starts at PG. You complete teams with a Point Guard.

Since having the twin towers is pretty useless at this point against teams like Miami, I would be willing to give up Gasol for a decent point guard, one that's actually not a liability.

yupe look at the teams in east....bulls have boozer at pf..who is barely 6'8 and meat has bosh...who is as soft as tissue paper...in west you have Dirk as a PF who plays on the perimeter

the game is getting faster and faster ...so having twin towers is useless in my opinion...faster teams will run us out of the building

I am all up for trading pau if we get D Will/CP3

before i do that trade I would love to get bynum for D12 done so we have a Center who plays almost all 82 games

brownmamba00
05-19-2011, 09:13 AM
My point. Get Deron williams.
Id love to see DWill in purple and gold. My second fav player:bowdown:

Erathia
05-19-2011, 01:41 PM
I think people should be more realistic and stop hoping for some superstar PG. All we need is a serviceable PG that isn't a defensive liability. Fast, good shot, and doesn't need the ball in his hands or need a lot of shots to be effective. The twin towers is not now, nor never was, our problem.. its the perimeter getting broken down off the dribble.

Sure up the perimeter and the Lakeshow will be back in the finals.

B
05-19-2011, 01:54 PM
with respect to DHoward, I'm guessing Gilbert Arenas goes with him wherever.

Would love to land Yao for the bench.
Would love to land Aaron Brooks.
both of whom are unrestricted I believe.

Nobody is taking on the Arenas contract. Orlando is stuck with it.
Yao is washed up. AARP has his address
Brooks is on a qualifying offer nowhere near free agency and the Suns have said they want to keep him.

Do you actually watch the game or just make up fantasy world scenarios and hope nobody is paying attention?

TryToBeUnbias
05-19-2011, 04:52 PM
I think people should be more realistic and stop hoping for some superstar PG. All we need is a serviceable PG that isn't a defensive liability. Fast, good shot, and doesn't need the ball in his hands or need a lot of shots to be effective. The twin towers is not now, nor never was, our problem.. its the perimeter getting broken down off the dribble.

Sure up the perimeter and the Lakeshow will be back in the finals.

a PG that can get threw picks would be nice.

Crown&Coke
05-23-2011, 06:37 PM
If Cleveland picks Irving they would have 4 pg's, 3 or which can start for a ton of teams.

LA should try and get Ramon Sessions, he can't shoot, he can barely defend but he gets into the lane and causes raucus, and LA always signs guys who torch them in the regular season;

-Vlade Radmanovic torched LA, a couple months later he is a Laker.

-Steve Blake drops a game winning triple double, a coule months later he is wearing a Lakers jersey.

-DJ Mbenga goes block crazy against the lakers, a couple weeks later he is a Laker.

Guess who went bizzerk against LA this past year? You guessed it, Ramon Sessions.

If LA ends up with Boobie Gibson that would be okay too.

Erathia
05-23-2011, 11:14 PM
a PG that can get threw picks would be nice.

A PG that can determine when its better to go under or over a screen would be nice. I'm so tired of watching the Lakers screen and roll defense and wondering what the hell they are doing going over a screen on a guy like say.. Rondo. Obviously it didn't happen this playoffs but it is something i have seen before and I wanted to stab someone in their neck.

DKLaker
05-24-2011, 04:47 PM
A PG that can determine when its better to go under or over a screen would be nice. I'm so tired of watching the Lakers screen and roll defense and wondering what the hell they are doing going over a screen on a guy like say.. Rondo. Obviously it didn't happen this playoffs but it is something i have seen before and I wanted to stab someone in their neck.

That is completely a coaching decision and you need to work on defense in practice not just offense. YES, you are 100% correct that they need to fix the defense.

Derrick
05-24-2011, 04:53 PM
I heard the lakers offered gasol for nash and channign frye, confirm or deny anyone? :eek:

DKLaker
05-24-2011, 05:06 PM
I heard the lakers offered gasol for nash and channign frye, confirm or deny anyone? :eek:

No clue.....but I would doubt it because of Nash's age.

Derrick
05-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Seems unlikely but... Nash still has 2 quality years left in him at least he averaged 10+ assists last season and Frye is a solid pf. Personally hope its not true though, :facepalm

Erathia
05-24-2011, 11:16 PM
That is completely a coaching decision and you need to work on defense in practice not just offense. YES, you are 100% correct that they need to fix the defense.

I don't believe it is a coaching decision. When you have a PG 10 feet behind the 3 and you are still going over the screen, that is a personally bad decision and I won't blame the coaches at all. Even if coaches are telling you to go over screens, they still expect you to have a brain and know when a player has no chance of hoisting a good shot from where they are.

Also, I highly doubt that the coaches told our perimeter to keep going over screens on Barea after Game 1. IF they did, then our veteran PGs have to be like "Look coach we can't keep up with this guy and chase him over screens, we are giving too many layups to him"

NBA2k-Monster23
06-02-2011, 09:21 PM
I don't believe it is a coaching decision. When you have a PG 10 feet behind the 3 and you are still going over the screen, that is a personally bad decision and I won't blame the coaches at all. Even if coaches are telling you to go over screens, they still expect you to have a brain and know when a player has no chance of hoisting a good shot from where they are.

Also, I highly doubt that the coaches told our perimeter to keep going over screens on Barea after Game 1. IF they did, then our veteran PGs have to be like "Look coach we can't keep up with this guy and chase him over screens, we are giving too many layups to him"

We need a PG Bad..!!

Erathia
06-03-2011, 04:54 PM
We need a PG Bad..!!

100% agree, I just prefer one with defensive skills over offensive first.

DKLaker
06-03-2011, 05:01 PM
100% agree, I just prefer one with defensive skills over offensive first.

It would be a HUGE improvement for us if we had a PG who was in the top 30offense and defense at PG :D You know, a starting PG who would start for at least 1 other team.

ihatetimthomas
06-03-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm telling you guys, Lakers gotta go hard for Delonte West. Guy can spread the floor and defend. Had an off year due to injury last season, but this guy can play and he is starting caliber.

dd24
06-03-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm telling you guys, Lakers gotta go hard for Delonte West. Guy can spread the floor and defend. Had an off year due to injury last season, but this guy can play and he is starting caliber.

Are you saying instead of keeping around Shannon Brown? SG is the least of my concerns. West would be nice but I'd much rather see them spend money on the PG position. West played SG in college and most all his time in Cleveland. Boston brought him in mainly as a back up to Ray Allen. He's good but LA has Kobe, and Kobe will play the majority of the minutes at that position.

bladefd
06-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Are you saying instead of keeping around Shannon Brown? SG is the least of my concerns. West would be nice but I'd much rather see them spend money on the PG position. West played SG in college and most all his time in Cleveland. Boston brought him in mainly as a back up to Ray Allen. He's good but LA has Kobe, and Kobe will play the majority of the minutes at that position.

Delonte West can play PG with this Laker roster. Remember, we don't need a traditional PG with Kobe handling much of the ball-handling duties and Odom does it too when he is out there. West would be mainly for defense, hustle and 3pt shots when open. He is capable of doing everything Laker PGs are expected to do.

dd24
06-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Delonte West can play PG with this Laker roster. Remember, we don't need a traditional PG with Kobe handling much of the ball-handling duties and Odom does it too when he is out there. West would be mainly for defense, hustle and 3pt shots when open. He is capable of doing everything Laker PGs are expected to do.

I'd much rather get a true PG instead of trying to make someone play a position they've never played. The offense will be much different with Mike Brown as the coach. His offense is driven by the PG much more.

ihatetimthomas
06-03-2011, 08:15 PM
I'd much rather get a true PG instead of trying to make someone play a position they've never played. The offense will be much different with Mike Brown as the coach. His offense is driven by the PG much more.

In Boston when he was drafted, he was the primary point guard. he was a point guard for his first 3 years there. In Cleveland, Mo was the starter, but he often slid over to cover that. he also played backup pg this season in Boston.

Erathia
06-04-2011, 07:58 PM
I think Delonte West would have fit in great with the Triangle, but with not knowing what the new offense will look like we can't be so sure. I still think he would be a great improvement defensively for us.

Robster89
06-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Saw someone propose this trade, Crisoner maybe? Don't want to steal your idea but I think its good idea, and I think it is could happen as it would give both teams what they need:

Gasol and Artest to Atlanta for Josh Smith and Kirk Heinrich.

The Hawks keep the franchises 2 most valuable guys in JJ and Horford, and pick up a post scorer they desperaterly need to compliment JJ's perimeter game. The Horford/Gasol combo at the 4/5 gives them length and a great defensive/offensive combo, as the Artest/JJ gives them a similar combo on the perimeter. Their frontcourt would be deep and talented with Gasol, Horford, Artest, MWill and Pachulia. Pick up a PG who can defend and dish and they are set.
Smith is a great talent, but has had some issues there, and Kirk was a nice late season addition, but getting a scorer like Pau would ease the pain.

For the Lakers, Smith gives us a 25yo defender/shotblocker at the 4, and a guy who can defend the Dirks and Durants we will need to go through in the West. I've always questioned the Bynum/Gasol fit, and Josh would fit nicely alongside Drew. He plays away from the hoop more giving Drew more room to work inside, and he can dribble penetrate like crazy (something the Lakers totally lacked this season with the exception of Kobe). And Josh is a freaking great defender/shotblocker. He is uber-athletic.

Kirk would be a perfect fit IMO. Pass first, excellent defender and good 3 point shooter who makes good decisions. The Lakers looked old and slow this season. Our defense was attrocious, especially at the 1 and the 4.
The Lakers get younger, more athletic and have a squad who will fit in much better with what Mike Brown likes to do, namely play D and get out in transition. Imagine the fast break opps with the likes of Kirk, Kobe, Josh Smith, LO, Barnes, Shannon etc.
Also, Drew becomes a primary scorer, something I think he is ready for (and something which will increase his trade value should a Dwight Howard ever come available). Plus we still have the Drew/LO pieces to possibly offer for Dwight.

I'd sign Shane Battier and get a true center who can back up Drew in FA.

PG- Kirk, Blake, Fish
SG- Kobe, Shannon
SF- Battier, Barnes
PF- JSmith, LO
C- Drew, FA.

Great defensive team with crazy athleticism who can run like the deer in transition (easy baskets, something we totally lacked this year). Kobe and Drew when you play halfcourt, with penetrators and 3 point shooters like JSmith, Kirk, Battier, plus a strong bench with LO, Barnes, Blake, Fish, Shannon and 5 who can play.
Thoughts?

kobe080
06-05-2011, 01:54 AM
I just cant believe so many people are proposing to trade Gasol away.

We won 2 championships bc of him. Just because he had one bad year (one bad playoffs), trading him away just does not make sense.

Plus, Mike Brown "declared" he will be using SA Spurs' twin tower offense system with Gasol/Odom and Bynum as the focus.

The only "correction" I would suggest is to sign a couple shooters.

Jason Kapono or Shane Battier.

A guy like Troy Murphy would definitely be helpful as our 4th big man.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-05-2011, 03:07 AM
I just cant believe so many people are proposing to trade Gasol away.

We won 2 championships bc of him. Just because he had one bad year (one bad playoffs), trading him away just does not make sense.

Plus, Mike Brown "declared" he will be using SA Spurs' twin tower offense system with Gasol/Odom and Bynum as the focus.

The only "correction" I would suggest is to sign a couple shooters.

Jason Kapono or Shane Battier.

A guy like Troy Murphy would definitely be helpful as our 4th big man.

I think people are more worried about his mental state going forward...we all know he has a fcuked up situation off the court and it ruined the lakers ON court.....

what guarantees can we make that it wont happen again and pau being a softie & not able to cope with it will AGAIN bring the whole team down???

Our chance is next 2 years while kobe is declining....

I wont trade Gasol for J Smith tough...he is such a waste of talent...I will tough trade him for CP3/D Will type of a impact player....

Gasol is no 2/3 PF in the league right so I BET he has lot of value specially with the 2 rings that he got with the lakers...

dd24
06-05-2011, 05:30 AM
I don't see them trading Pau over Lamar.... and with that said, everybody knows what Shaq said which was outside of the game (to a certain extent). He doesn't care at this point because he's retired. We still have to remember Pau is about as good as it comes. Lamar is really good but he's the guy who comes off the bench, and it's for a reason. I see him as being the piece that could potentially be moved. I don't like seeing all the trade Pau posts (for the most part). I like seeing the creativity with trading, but I think we need to try to keep the starters in place.

TryToBeUnbias
06-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Whatever the deal is I'd like see Kobe in the post more next season honestly.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Whatever the deal is I'd like see Kobe in the post more next season honestly.

I hate KOBE in the post....if he in the post...where are our 2 7footers going to be?

he needs to move off the ball and get easy shots with the 7footers setting screens for him...freaking all game he tries to go iso's

LA KB24
06-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Delonte West can play PG with this Laker roster. Remember, we don't need a traditional PG with Kobe handling much of the ball-handling duties and Odom does it too when he is out there. West would be mainly for defense, hustle and 3pt shots when open. He is capable of doing everything Laker PGs are expected to do. I don't want Kobe to be the main ball handler anymore. I want him to be more like 2nd 3peat Jordan. Moving without the ball much more for some easy shots... catching and shooting off screens and working in the post. His FG% would definitely increase... probably 48-49%. Dude has been doing everything for this team, handling the ball, taking on the scoring load, closing games, etc. MJ had Pippen who handled the ball... time for Kobe to get a break too.

I wanted Delonte West LAST year, he would've helped us a ton vs the Mavs. Dude is automatic from three... doubt Boston will let him go though.

I hope we can somehow get Ramon Sessions, he'd be perfect.

tamaraw08
06-06-2011, 01:45 AM
I hate KOBE in the post....if he in the post...where are our 2 7footers going to be?he needs to move off the ball and get easy shots with the 7footers setting screens for him...freaking all game he tries to go iso's

Great point :rockon:

tamaraw08
06-06-2011, 01:54 AM
I think people are more worried about his mental state going forward...we all know he has a fcuked up situation off the court and it ruined the lakers ON court.....

what guarantees can we make that it wont happen again and pau being a softie & not able to cope with it will AGAIN bring the whole team down???

Our chance is next 2 years while kobe is declining....

I wont trade Gasol for J Smith tough...he is such a waste of talent...I will tough trade him for CP3/D Will type of a impact player....

Gasol is no 2/3 PF in the league right so I BET he has lot of value specially with the 2 rings that he got with the lakers...

Well Pau will play for Spain in about 1.5 months so we'll know if he has recovered or not. I can't believe some fans are so impressed with Josh Smith tho, he is like Odom with a higher vertical leap but Odom has better handles and perimeter shot.
I only trade (recovered) Pau if they can get Howard.
Im also one of the very few fans here who is not high on CP3, The guy was great before but he has lost his explosiveness after that injury last year. Sure he looked great vs the Lakers but practically every decent PG looked deadly like Aaron Brooks, JJ Barea, heck even Steve Blake (before)played great vs the Lakers.

ihatetimthomas
06-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Well Pau will play for Spain in about 1.5 months so we'll know if he has recovered or not. I can't believe some fans are so impressed with Josh Smith tho, he is like Odom with a higher vertical leap but Odom has better handles and perimeter shot.
Im also one of the very few fans here who is not high on CP3, The guy was great before but he has lost his explosiveness after that injury last year. Sure he looked great vs the Lakers but practically every decent PG looked deadly like Aaron Brooks, JJ Barea, heck even Steve Blake (before)played great vs the Lakers.

I agree on not trading Pau. A lot of fans are quick to go against any player that struggles. Give the guy a break, the Lakers became elite because of him and I feel he still has a lot of game left. He was burned out physically and emotionally and I think he never fully recovered from his hamstring injury.

Not like its a real feasible option to acquire CP, but he would certainly get a lot of our guys a few more easier looks a game. I feel like the offense became pretty stagnant in the playoffs. When pau had difficulty getting position and operating around the hoops, he was nearly ineffective on offense. Paul would help Bynum, Pau and Kobe get some much needed easy looks. They were working way too hard for shots. Obviously one of the bugs would have to go for Paul, but Paul would make life easier on the aging vets.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-06-2011, 04:39 PM

How is pau playing the euros any use to evaluate him?

He was having chemistry issues with other laker players... & last I checked no other laker player plays for spain .... So it's basically comparing apples & oranges

B
06-06-2011, 06:17 PM

He was having chemistry issues with other laker players... & last I checked no other laker player plays for spain .... So it's basically comparing apples & oranges
:facepalm You believe everything people tell you on the internet? Oh wait you have an inside source who knows a guy who knows a guy.

$LakerGold
06-06-2011, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=B

BallsOut
06-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Blake to start over Fisher or ship one of them out for Hinrich and have him start. Give Ebanks some playing time. We need a defensive wing stopper, an Ariza 2.0 desperately.

Eat Like A Bosh
06-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Youth, Athleticism, Perimeter Shooting.

TryToBeUnbias
06-07-2011, 12:55 PM
I hate KOBE in the post....if he in the post...where are our 2 7footers going to be?

he needs to move off the ball and get easy shots with the 7footers setting screens for him...freaking all game he tries to go iso's

It was more of a scenario I was thinking of if one of our 7ft's isn't there.

ihatetimthomas
06-07-2011, 01:59 PM

Well, you will get a feel for where he is at physically based on his explosion and moves in the post. he looked like his feet were cement in the post season. The Euros at least gives us an assessment if he is feeling good physically.