PDA

View Full Version : Exactly how is LeBron better than Wade?

canefandynasty
05-10-2011, 07:44 PM
I don't see how LeBron is better than Wade. Wade does just about the same things as LeBron.

Kingwillball
05-10-2011, 07:53 PM
I don't see how LeBron is better than Wade. Wade does just about the same things as LeBron.

Well IMO the Gap has closed a little bit because Wade has been a little more effective in the drive gm since Lebron has lost a little explosiveness...I would still take Lebron with his shooting ,court vision/passing,rebounding although Dwade is very close in those areas as well.. On D both are good. Bottom line most people would take the Younger Bigger more versatile player(he can play 4 positions if need be)

JMT
05-10-2011, 07:54 PM
James is taller and in more commercials. :confusedshrug:

kaiiu
05-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Wade is better at everything except passing.

TylerOO
05-10-2011, 07:55 PM
If you cant see that LeBron is the best in the game, you are an idiot. You shouldnt have to come to a website to ask why.

LBJ4MVP23
05-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Scores more and is a more efficient scorer.
Better rebounder
Better passer

Has taken HORRID teams deep into the playoffs
5-11 on game winning/tying shots
Score 29 of his teams last 30 and 25 straight vs a supreme detroit defense, and hit the game tying and winning shot in the same game.

Incredible help defender, and has become a monster man up defender.

Doesn't have a ring, but he didn't have a slightly past prime Shaq and his number 2 used to be Big-Z.

Has the most or second most game winners since he entered the league at the highest or second highest percentage.
2 time MVP
Scoring title
etc.

Suck it

Christofire
05-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Well IMO the Gap has closed a little bit because Wade has been a little more effective in the drive gm since Lebron has lost a little explosiveness...I would still take Lebron with his shooting ,court vision/passing,rebounding although Dwade is very close in those areas as well.. On D both are good. Bottom line most people would take the Younger Bigger more versatile player(he can play 4 positions if need be)

what f**king gap...there is no gap...please explain this gap...this is all just media hype....How can a coward failure be better than a champion with similar production averaging 3 less minutes a game for his career?

TrueGreenFan
05-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Because he took his talents to South Beach..... and South Beach took Wade in the draft.

LBJ4MVP23
05-10-2011, 08:22 PM
what f**king gap...there is no gap...please explain this gap...this is all just media hype....How can a coward failure be better than a champion with similar production averaging 3 less minutes a game for his career?

see above idiot.

coward? like quitting and getting a 30-20-10 triple double?

5-11 game winners in the playoffs in his career to kobe's 6-28 the master closer? That kind of cowardly failure? The fact that his statistics aren't compared with what players are doing in Todays game but EVER should say something.

Everything LBJ does is, first since Big O, first since Jordan, only Jordan, Magic, Big O, etc. This guy is playing to be a top 3 all time player.

wigwan
05-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Scores more and is a more efficient scorer.
Better rebounder
Better passer

Has taken HORRID teams deep into the playoffs
5-11 on game winning/tying shots
Score 29 of his teams last 30 and 25 straight vs a supreme detroit defense, and hit the game tying and winning shot in the same game.

Incredible help defender, and has become a monster man up defender.

Doesn't have a ring, but he didn't have a slightly past prime Shaq and his number 2 used to be Big-Z.

Has the most or second most game winners since he entered the league at the highest or second highest percentage.
2 time MVP
Scoring title
etc.

Suck it

:no:

Kingwillball
05-10-2011, 08:25 PM

Guess U have not Watched Lebron Play too much over the Years..And before Say he has Chocked in Playoffs still came into this Postseason 2nd all time in Playoff scoring average..The stats and team success (barring one yr with Still Dominant Shaq) Lebron has had the advantages.. Doesn't take away from Wade there is no shame being #2 or #3 whatever..He is right there..

Ikill
05-10-2011, 08:27 PM
There pretty much equal or very close in everything Wades the better scorer and slasher Lebrons the better passer and rebounder ( due to size) and there pretty equal in defense( I give a small edge to Wade). There equal, but the reason Lebron is ranked higher is because he is more consistent during the season which is why he his teams win more games and he puts up better stats. But when Wade is playing at his best he's better than Lebron playing at his best

Kingwillball
05-10-2011, 08:31 PM
There pretty much equal or very close in everything Wades the better scorer and slasher Lebrons the better passer and rebounder ( due to size) and there pretty equal in defense( I give a small edge to Wade). There equal, but the reason Lebron is ranked higher is because he is more consistent during the season which is why he his teams win more games and he puts up better stats. But when Wade is playing at his best he's better than Lebron playing at his best

Lebron has lead the League in scoring and has said He can Lead the League anytime he Wants(and i Believe him)..Also averaging #2 all time Playoff PPG says differently on who is better scorer.. It all depends on Who is hot that night as to who is better bottom line..

kaiiu
05-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Lebron has lead the League in scoring and has said He can Lead the League anytime he Wants..Also averaging #2 all time Playoff PPG says differently on who is better scorer.. It all depends on Who is hot that night as to who is better bottom line..
so has wade:rolleyes:

inclinerator
05-10-2011, 08:32 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/2rnigy0.jpg

arifgokcen
05-10-2011, 08:33 PM

Lebron playing at his best 50 point triple double sorry but there is no way anyone can match that type of production or impact.Lebron at this best during 2008-2009 playoffs was scary good by far the best playoff performances i have ever seen.35+ppg 9rpg 7 apg

No disrespect to wade lebron is just better player

Kingwillball
05-10-2011, 08:34 PM
so has wade:rolleyes:

Who lead team in scoring this yr ?

arifgokcen
05-10-2011, 08:34 PM
BTW Cavs fan we are still waiting for your deep and logical insights on the other thread

arifgokcen
05-10-2011, 08:36 PM

and wait for it wait for it

lebron james on higher fg

Ikill
05-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Like i said Lebron puts up better numbers because he is more consistent during the season compared to Wade who always starts the season off slow.

Bigsmoke
05-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Theres a Lebron vs Wade thread 3 times a day.

they are on the same damn team so why does this shit even matter?

DuMa
05-10-2011, 08:44 PM
James is a better matchup nightmare if his jumper is on. also he can guard 5 positions if you really need him to. thats value that wade cant offer.

but then again Wade is the better slasher and better scorer. but really theres no need to argue which is better. i feel theyve both been incredibly equal so far this year. the stats reflect it in the playoffs as well. i would be hard pressed to give the finals mvp, if they win it all, to just one of them. I would much rather give them co-Finals MVP

Christofire
05-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Wade has been better when it matters...which makes wade better.

wade has a higher career FG% than james......James averages 3 more minutes per game for his career, and only averages 1 more assist per game. the edge in rebound is a given due to James being a SF and being 6-8.......Wade has been easily a better shot blocker, and is a better steals man and perimeter defender.

james has the edge over wade how?......

Kingwillball
05-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Wade has been better when it matters...which makes wade better.

wade has a higher career FG% than james......James averages 3 more minutes per game for his career, and only averages 1 more assist per game. the edge in rebound is a given due to James being a SF and being 6-8.......Wade has been easily a better shot blocker, and is a better steals man and perimeter defender.

james has the edge over wade how?......

Dude, We get it U are a lebron Hater.

Ikill
05-10-2011, 09:09 PM
James is a better matchup nightmare if his jumper is on. also he can guard 5 positions if you really need him to. thats value that wade cant offer.

but then again Wade is the better slasher and better scorer. but really theres no need to argue which is better. i feel theyve both been incredibly equal so far this year. the stats reflect it in the playoffs as well. i would be hard pressed to give the finals mvp, if they win it all, to just one of them. I would much rather give them co-Finals MVP
I agree with everything you said

DMAVS41
05-10-2011, 09:11 PM
I personally think Wade is the better player. Although at this point there is nothing that I can point to other than my opinion.

I do like how Wade is able to elevate his game against the best competition in a way that Lebron hasn't until this series against the Celtics.

They are both great players.

Both put up all time great stats. Both play very hard on both ends.

Anyone acting like there is a big gap between them either way is very very wrong.

Its sad to see Wade get so disrespected as a player throughout his career, but hopefully that will change by the time he retires.

I can't wait to see people rank Wade once he's done. Assuming he keeps this up for a few more years, people are going to look at his career and say:

"holy shit....this guys was one of the 15 best players ever. look at his numbers. look at his level of play against the best teams. look at his resume...how did we not see this"

If wade does win a few more titles, it will be impossible to hold him back like this.

swi7ch
05-10-2011, 09:13 PM
A lot of similarities but DWade has the tougher mental attitude.

Kingwillball
05-10-2011, 09:15 PM
I personally think Wade is the better player. Although at this point there is nothing that I can point to other than my opinion.

I do like how Wade is able to elevate his game against the best competition in a way that Lebron hasn't until this series against the Celtics.

They are both great players.

Both put up all time great stats. Both play very hard on both ends.

Anyone acting like there is a big gap between them either way is very very wrong.

Its sad to see Wade get so disrespected as a player throughout his career, but hopefully that will change by the time he retires.

I can't wait to see people rank Wade once he's done. Assuming he keeps this up for a few more years, people are going to look at his career and say:

"holy shit....this guys was one of the 15 best players ever. look at his numbers. look at his level of play against the best teams. look at his resume...how did we not see this"

If wade does win a few more titles, it will be impossible to hold him back like this.

U have your Opinion but Lebron has done everything(personal Accolades) except win a title..Lebron is on pace if he wins a few titles to be considered a top 10 player of all time.. When Lebron is on top of his gm and locked in He is Definately the best player in the Game..

DMAVS41
05-10-2011, 09:24 PM
U have your Opinion but Lebron has done everything(personal Accolades) except win a title..Lebron is on pace if he wins a few titles to be considered a top 10 player of all time.. When Lebron is on top of his gm and locked in He is Definately the best player in the Game..

Yea. I'd just like to see Lebron consistently perform well against the best teams like Wade has throughout his career. There is a pretty big gap between them in this area.

They are 2 of the best players I've ever seen and with a 3 or more titles I could definitely see myself ranking them both in the top ten all time if they play at a high level for the next 5 or so years.

comerb
05-10-2011, 09:31 PM
I don't see what it matters, they are both on the same team. Statistically they are fairly similar.

Kingwillball
05-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Yea. I'd just like to see Lebron consistently perform well against the best teams like Wade has throughout his career. There is a pretty big gap between them in this area.

They are 2 of the best players I've ever seen and with a 3 or more titles I could definitely see myself ranking them both in the top ten all time if they play at a high level for the next 5 or so years.

Again have to disagree this season By all accounts Lebron was there most consistent player especially against the leagues best teams.. A couple yrs ago in losing to Magic he averaged 38,8,8 for the Series..He has avered 29 ppg for his career in Playoffs (2nd all time) so that shows he has done it in the postseason as well.. I really think that series last year against Boston where he was perceived to quit is what most people think of cause I really cant think of anything else that would make U or other people think he has not played well against Playoff teams..

Papaya Petee
05-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Man, as a huge Wade fan, I love having them both on my team for the rest of their careers.

You guys can argue, I will enjoy them shitting on the rest of the league.:cheers:

WadeBronDonJuan
05-10-2011, 09:45 PM
I'll tell you why Lebron is better. He can play every position at an all star
level. The end.

DMAVS41
05-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Again have to disagree this season By all accounts Lebron was there most consistent player especially against the leagues best teams.. A couple yrs ago in losing to Magic he averaged 38,8,8 for the Series..He has avered 29 ppg for his career in Playoffs (2nd all time) so that shows he has done it in the postseason as well.. I really think that series last year against Boston where he was perceived to quit is what most people think of cause I really cant think of anything else that would make U or other people think he has not played well against Playoff teams..

Nah dude. You need to educate yourself. I'm talking about their entire careers. Not just this season.

http://www.backpicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/wade-kobe-lebron-playoff-breakdown-by-defense1.jpg

Take a look at that. The difference is there. Sorry.

jrong
05-10-2011, 11:17 PM
If you cant see that LeBron is the best in the game, you are an idiot. You shouldnt have to come to a website to ask why.

Well, in the playoffs, Wade has been just as good as LeBron (check the numbers-- EXACTLY as good) after being almost as good during the season. So it doesn't seem like a very idiotic question from all appearances.

But, I'll answer it. The thin-line of separation between them is on account of the fact that LeBron is currently a better perimeter shooter. If Wade was shooting jumpshots like he was in 09, then he'd have a serious argument for best player in the league. In any case, they are very close.

King Lebron LBJ
05-11-2011, 03:51 AM
This crap AGAIN?

They are very close as their playoff stats this year suggest.

OmniStrife
05-11-2011, 04:01 AM
He's bigger and stronger.

T-bomb 25
05-11-2011, 04:23 AM
Wade is the better player,tougher mentallity killer instinct,better offense,better defense and all when it really counts thats why he has jewery and LBJ came to him to get on the jewery wagon....and this is facts...:roll: :applause:

sh0wtime
05-11-2011, 04:25 AM
They are very similar but facts say Lebron has been and is more productive in everything except blocks in which he trails Wade by a microscopical degree.

When speaking of talent & skill Lebron gives you just a bit more simply because he does everything Wade can do but at 6'9"-260 lbs, add his better athleticism aswell and that gives you an extremly unique player, a combination which creates massive offensive & defensive versatility position wise, he can offensively & defensively dominate 4 positions and even the Center position against specific opponents. He also gives you better court vision & passing ability and not to mention defense, he is younger and less injury proned, more consistant, he has been more productive in the clutch aswell, more gamewinners and clutch productivity as evident of this site: www.82games.com
All in all therefore gives more impact to teams he plays in.

The gap is not big but Lebron is somewhat better and has accomplished somewhat more, they really are not dead on equal, the facts completely disagree. If there is an edge no matter how big or small then by facts that edge is leaning towards Lebrons side.

Trigg
05-11-2011, 04:33 AM
I personally think he's better than Wade, marginally. Due to the fact he's got more facets to his game, can play a number of different positions to a extremely high level and is a beast of a man.

Doesn't matter though, both play for Heat and thats all that counts for me!

Day La Ghetto
05-11-2011, 05:04 AM
wade dosent even look for his midrange pull up/stepback anymore like 09. if hes shooting a jumper its that side opposite side fadeaway or a stepback three most of the time.

like jrong said if he got his all around midrange back consistently he'd be not as good as lebron but better and it'd be obvious because hes improved in everything else even if it dosent show on the statsheet since 09.

right now you can't say whos better because its so close. if one improved there midrange then they'd definatly seperate themself from one another

my question is how does a guy have such an all around midrange game for one season of his career and drop off like wade has

Dray n Klay
03-26-2016, 03:16 PM
Man, as a huge Wade fan, I love having them both on my team for the rest of their careers.

You guys can argue, I will enjoy them shitting on the rest of the league.:cheers:

LOL, how did that work out brah? :roll: :roll:

#backstabbed

stalkerforlife
03-26-2016, 04:14 PM
He's not.

stalkerforlife
03-26-2016, 04:15 PM
Oh my gosh...look at all the Wade supporters that got banned in this thread.

Bran has been coddled since forever.

WTF.

warriorfan
03-26-2016, 04:39 PM

#backstabbed

you should know bro

it happened to you twice

:yaohappy:

GrapeApe
03-26-2016, 04:46 PM
So a guy with 28 posts who just joined last month bumps a five year old thread? Hmmm.......

In 2011 when this thread was made, there wasn't really any difference between Lebron and Wade. I've mentioned this before, but they were about as close to being co-first options as you'll ever see. Their production was nearly identical.

Per-36:

Wade: 25/6/5/1.5/1.1 on 58%TS, 26 PER
Lebron: 25/6/7/1.5/0.6 on 59%TS, 27 PER

Playoffs:

Wade: 25/7/5/1.6/1.3 on 57%TS, 26 PER
Lebron: 24/8/6/1.7/1.2 on 56%TS, 24 PER

It doesn't get much closer than that. From 2005-2011, Wade (healthy) and Lebron were basically the same. Lebron has a slight statistical edge and Wade has a title.

Dray n Klay
03-26-2016, 04:50 PM
So a guy with 28 posts who just joined last month bumps a five year old thread? Hmmm.......

In 2011 when this thread was made, there wasn't really any difference between Lebron and Wade. I've mentioned this before, but they were about as close to being co-first options as you'll ever see. Their production was nearly identical.

Per-36:

Playoffs:

It doesn't get much closer than that. From 2005-2011, Wade (healthy) and Lebron were basically the same. Lebron has a slight statistical edge and Wade has a title.

LeBron was better every season

Best case scenario you could argue they were equal in 2006 cause of Wade's championship.

But even if I make 2006 a toss up, LeBron was still better in 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

So how are they close? :biggums:

GrapeApe
03-26-2016, 04:58 PM
LeBron was better every season

Best case scenario you could argue they were equal in 2006 cause of Wade's championship.

But even if I make 2006 a toss up, LeBron was still better in 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

So how are they close? :biggums:

First of all Lebron was NOT better in 2011. Look at the numbers I just posted. Lebron was slightly better in the regular season, Wade slightly better in the playoffs.

In 2009 Wade led Lebron in ppg, fg%, apg, spg, bpg. In 2006 Wade obviously has the edge due to the title and overall playoff run. Wade also had a better and deeper playoff run in 2005. Point is, it's very close.

Dray n Klay
03-26-2016, 05:02 PM
First of all Lebron was NOT better in 2011. Look at the numbers I just posted. Lebron was slightly better in the regular season, Wade slightly better in the playoffs.

In 2009 Wade led Lebron in ppg, fg%, apg, spg, bpg. In 2006 Wade obviously has the edge due to the title and overall playoff run. Wade also had a better and deeper playoff run in 2005. Point is, it's very close.

In 2011, Wade was better than LeBron in rounds 2 and 4 of the playoffs, LeBron was better in rounds 1 and 3

Plus LeBron was better in the regular season.

So how are you arguing Wade was better? :facepalm

They were both better than each other for 2 rounds in the playoffs, so that cancels out.

But the regular season gives LeBron the edge in 2011

And in 2009, Wade played more minutes than LeBron, but LeBron had a higher PER, and LeBron was MUCH better in the playoffs, 2009 is easily LeBron.

Are you trolling? :facepalm

GrapeApe
03-26-2016, 05:12 PM
In 2011, Wade was better than LeBron in rounds 2 and 4 of the playoffs, LeBron was better in rounds 1 and 3

Plus LeBron was better in the regular season.

So how are you arguing Wade was better? :facepalm

They were both better than each other for 2 rounds in the playoffs, so that cancels out.

But the regular season gives LeBron the edge in 2011

And in 2009, Wade played more minutes than LeBron, but LeBron had a higher PER, and LeBron was MUCH better in the playoffs, 2009 is easily LeBron.

Are you trolling? :facepalm

That's terrible logic about the playoff rounds canceling each other out. Overall, Wade was better in the 2011 playoffs, especially considering Wade played better against 2 of the 3 best teams. Philly wasn't a legit threat to beat Miami. Even in the ECF when Wade struggled he stepped up big in the 4th quarter.

I have no problem if you think Lebron was better. He's a top 10 all time player. My point is that prime Wade is very close. I don't think anyone even disputes that.

WayOfWade
03-26-2016, 05:15 PM
GrapeApe, you do see the guys' name right? Obviously a troll and probably an alt, the man is filled to the brim with agenda

DoctorP
03-26-2016, 05:23 PM
LeBron is much better than Wade except maybe in the clutch.

GrapeApe
03-26-2016, 05:24 PM
GrapeApe, you do see the guys' name right? Obviously a troll and probably an alt, the man is filled to the brim with agenda

Yeah, I guess it's pointless to try to engage in legitimate discussion. It's sad.

This place has always had trolls/alts but it never used to be this bad.

:(

Dray n Klay
03-26-2016, 05:28 PM

What does my name have to do with being a troll??

ballinhun8
03-26-2016, 05:39 PM

Per-36:

Playoffs:

Dude!??!!

Why are you even arguing with another Simon alt??? Seriously he just spews sh*t to get a reaction. You can't take this kid seriously.

GrapeApe
03-26-2016, 05:39 PM

I know you're not a troll, but you seem to have a bit of a dislike for Wade. I mean, you were calling for Gerald Green to start over him earlier this season.

Maybe I'm off base with that assertion, I don't know. However, do you really think Lebron was much better than healthy prime Wade? I don't think anyone can be called MUCH better than 2006 or 2009 Wade, and Wade had better playoff runs than Lebron in 2005 and 2011. Lebron is definitely the greater player all-time, no argument there, but prime Wade was right there with him.

WayOfWade
03-26-2016, 05:48 PM
What does my name have to do with being a troll??
Whatever, I'll humor you. Dray n Klay is a troll name because pure trolls who formed the Dray n Klay family do exactly what you are doing, which is troll Dwyane Wade fans and anger good posters into leaving this site. I don't know who's alt you are or even if you are one, but stop acting like an idiot and do something productive for once. And do not act oblivious and pull either the "I'm a new poster" or "rent free" act, that doesn't change that fact that you and all those other posters are mentally retarded

stalkerforlife
03-26-2016, 05:52 PM

Per-36:

Playoffs:

Ether.

Wade was just as good as Bran and Bran went to WADE COUNTY to win titles...says everything.

WayOfWade
03-26-2016, 05:53 PM
Pretty much this, taking accolades into account, what does Wade actually do better than LeBron? Steals and Blocks are easy picks, but LeBron is the superior man to man defender, better shooter, has better % at the rim, is the better rebounder, is the better passer (dude averaged 29.7 ppg and 8.6 apg in the same year, more impressive than 30.2 ppg and 7.5 apg mind you), along with a few other attributes. Granted his size and height advantage are what give him the edge in many comparisons, but that's kind of why he's better in the first place. Size >

Dray n Klay
03-26-2016, 05:53 PM
I know you're not a troll, but you seem to have a bit of a dislike for Wade. I mean, you were calling for Gerald Green to start over him earlier this season.

Maybe I'm off base with that assertion, I don't know. However, do you really think Lebron was much better than healthy prime Wade? I don't think anyone can be called MUCH better than 2006 or 2009 Wade, and Wade had better playoff runs than Lebron in 2005 and 2011. Lebron is definitely the greater player all-time, no argument there, but prime Wade was right there with him.

Take their highest PER seasons and compare them

LeBron 31.67 (2009)
LeBron 31.59 (2013)
LeBron 31.11 (2010)
LeBron 30.74 (2012)
Wade 30.36 (2009)
LeBron 29.30 (2014)
LeBron 29.14 (2008)
Wade 28.91 (2007)

LeBron has had 4 seasons better than Wade's best. Think about that, how can you say they're close when LeBron has had 4 seasons more productive than Wade's best? The gap only increases if we keep going down the list. LeBron has had 6 of the best 8 PER seasons they had combined.

ballinhun8
03-26-2016, 06:00 PM
PER doesn't exist.

GrapeApe
03-26-2016, 06:08 PM
Take their highest PER seasons and compare them

LeBron 31.67 (2009)
LeBron 31.59 (2013)
LeBron 31.11 (2010)
LeBron 30.74 (2012)
Wade 30.36 (2009)
LeBron 29.30 (2014)
LeBron 29.14 (2008)
Wade 28.91 (2007)

LeBron has had 4 seasons better than Wade's best. Think about that, how can you say they're close when LeBron has had 4 seasons more productive than Wade's best? The gap only increases if we keep going down the list. LeBron has had 6 of the best 8 PER seasons they had combined.

Fine, I'll also humor you. Three of those seasons you listed for Lebron were past Wade's prime. I don't dispute he's been clearly better from 2012 on. I'm talking about 2005-2011. Wade was better in the 2005 playoffs, better overall in 2006 due to the playoff run and title, had a better PER in 2007 (albeit injury shortened), was very comparable in 2009, and very comparable if not better overall in 2011. Again, I'm not saying that Lebron wasn't better overall, but it's absurd to suggest it wasn't close. That's my entire point.

Edit: I forgot Lebron didn't make the playoffs in 2005, so Wade clearly has the edge that season. Wade averaged 27/7/6/2/1 on 48% and led his team to the ECF.

Wade's Rings
03-26-2016, 06:33 PM
Pretty much this, taking accolades into account, what does Wade actually do better than LeBron? Steals and Blocks are easy picks, but LeBron is the superior man to man defender, better shooter, has better % at the rim, is the better rebounder, is the better passer (dude averaged 29.7 ppg and 8.6 apg in the same year, more impressive than 30.2 ppg and 7.5 apg mind you), along with a few other attributes. Granted his size and height advantage are what give him the edge in many comparisons, but that's kind of why he's better in the first place. Size >

Bron isn't the superior Man to man defender. Wade is better from midrange. Rebounds seriously? 6'8 Bron should be getting more rebounds than 6'4 Wade. Passer? In their Primes Wade was getting equal assist nnumbers and IIRC he had a higher ast %. He didn't have the ball in his hands as much as Bron as well.

Papaya Petee
03-26-2016, 06:52 PM

#backstabbed
Wow, you got me bro.
I got to watch my team go to 4 straight finals, win 2 of them, dominate the league, win 27 straight games, and watch LeBron and Wade on the same team for 4 straight seasons.

You got me man! Im so devastated.

Dray n Klay
03-26-2016, 06:54 PM
Bron isn't the superior Man to man defender. Wade is better from midrange. Rebounds seriously? 6'8 Bron should be getting more rebounds than 6'4 Wade. Passer? In their Primes Wade was getting equal assist nnumbers and IIRC he had a higher ast %. He didn't have the ball in his hands as much as Bron as well.

Nothing you say needs to be taken seriously after that :roll: :roll:

ShawkFactory
03-26-2016, 07:04 PM
Honestly, not much of a difference peak for peak.

Lebron always seemed to do just a little bit more when it came down to it.

He was the better player. Very slightly, but it was pretty clear.

Wade's Rings
03-29-2016, 11:37 PM

Career Midrange %'s

Wade: .384

Bron: .358

:roll: :roll:

Dray n Klay
03-29-2016, 11:41 PM
Lies :roll: :roll: :roll:

Troll.

navy
03-29-2016, 11:41 PM
This is a nonsense argument. We cant play what ifs like that.

If someone is a better rebounder simply because they are taller, they are still a better rebounder. Yes, Lebron's size and height is part of the reason he is better than Wade. What if arguments doesnt change what actually is.

Lebron is better than Wade. Your right, the gap wasnt that big in their primes, but Lebron was still a better player.

Dray n Klay
03-29-2016, 11:45 PM

If someone is a better rebounder simply because they are taller, they are still a better rebounder. Yes, Lebron's size and height is part of the reason he is better than Wade. What if arguments doesnt change what actually is.

Lebron is better than Wade. Your right, the gap wasnt that big in their primes, but Lebron was still a better player.

Wade's Ring* is a troll, pay him no attention

Wade's Rings
03-29-2016, 11:49 PM

How? He said outside of steals and blocks prime Wade isn't better than prime Bron at anything. You can definitely argue Wade was the better man defender, same for passing/playmaking. Rebounding is a clear advantage due to size and I acknowledged that, never said Wade would be better if he was bigger.

Straight_Ballin
03-30-2016, 02:01 AM
The difference is obvious.

Wade has won without lebron.
Lebron will never win without Wade.

/thread

Dray n Klay
03-30-2016, 02:03 AM
blah blah blah..... 1-9 blah blah

/thread

Fire Colangelo
03-30-2016, 02:11 AM
Fine, I'll also humor you. Three of those seasons you listed for Lebron were past Wade's prime. I don't dispute he's been clearly better from 2012 on. I'm talking about 2005-2011. Wade was better in the 2005 playoffs, better overall in 2006 due to the playoff run and title, had a better PER in 2007 (albeit injury shortened), was very comparable in 2009, and very comparable if not better overall in 2011. Again, I'm not saying that Lebron wasn't better overall, but it's absurd to suggest it wasn't close. That's my entire point.

Edit: I forgot Lebron didn't make the playoffs in 2005, so Wade clearly has the edge that season. Wade averaged 27/7/6/2/1 on 48% and led his team to the ECF.

Wade had a guy that was ranked 2nd in MVP voting on his team in 2005... while LeBron had Big Z. Not to mention we're talking about a 23 years old vs a 20 year old.

Hard to compare to two IMO... But LeBron pretty much always had a slight edge over Wade throughout their careers.

Even in Wade's best regular seasons in 2006 and 2009.... LeBron's own seasons in 2006 and 2009 were considered better by most. Playoffs are a different animal, but it really LeBron's fault that Wade had the better supporting cast earlier on in their careers.

Even when they joined forces in 2011.... LeBron was considered the better overall player before completely taking over as the best player in 2012.

2004 - LeBron
2005 - Arguable, will give to Wade factoring in playoffs
2006 - Arguable ^ same as above
2007 - LeBron
2008 - LeBron
2009 - LeBron
2010 - LeBron
2011 - LeBron
2012 - Lebron
onwards - LeBron

2005 and 2006 being arguable since again... LeBron had the better regular season but didn't have the supporting cast to get far in the playoffs.

GrapeApe
03-30-2016, 02:55 AM
Wade had a guy that was ranked 2nd in MVP voting on his team in 2005... while LeBron had Big Z. Not to mention we're talking about a 23 years old vs a 20 year old.

Hard to compare to two IMO... But LeBron pretty much always had a slight edge over Wade throughout their careers.

Even in Wade's best regular seasons in 2006 and 2009.... LeBron's own seasons in 2006 and 2009 were considered better by most. Playoffs are a different animal, but it really LeBron's fault that Wade had the better supporting cast earlier on in their careers.

Even when they joined forces in 2011.... LeBron was considered the better overall player before completely taking over as the best player in 2012.

2004 - LeBron
2007 - LeBron
2008 - LeBron
2009 - LeBron
2010 - LeBron
2011 - LeBron
2012 - Lebron
onwards - LeBron

2005 and 2006 being arguable since again... LeBron had the better regular season but didn't have the supporting cast to get far in the playoffs.

I don't think 2005 and 2006 are arguable. Wade had better overall seasons and was arguably the top playoff performer in the league both years. You cannot simply dismiss Wade's playoff dominance just because he had a better team. That's crazy.

Again, I'm not saying Lebron wasn't better, and in fact I think he was. My point is that they were very close. Lebron may have the edge but Wade wasn't that far behind. Wade is a top 20ish all time player, and if not for injuries may be top 15. It's not like it's far fetched or an insult to Lebron to say that prime Wade was close to his level.

Lebron23
03-30-2016, 02:56 AM
Is this even a serious thread? The collective IQ is ISH is below sea level. Sorry for the harsh words.

Im Still Ballin
03-30-2016, 02:59 AM
Lebron is top 3 for a reason

Gileraracer
03-30-2016, 03:00 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Wade's Rings
03-30-2016, 01:03 PM

Shaq was 2nd in MVP voting mostly due to the Heat's improved record. Shaq: 23/10/3 on 60% shooting, Wade: 24/5/7 on 48% shooting. Wade and Shaq were pretty much equals. Also, why do people bring up age? For example, Bron was 22 in '07 but in his 4th year while Wade was 24 in '06 in his 3rd year. Bron had actually been in the League for more years with more NBA experience, why would it matter if one guy was older?

2004 - LeBron
2007 - LeBron
2008 - LeBron
2009 - LeBron
2010 - LeBron
2011 - LeBron
2012 - Lebron
onwards - LeBron

If you're factoring in the Playoffs why would Bron be better in '11? Also, '10 would be arguable as well. Why would '05 or '06 even be arguable? Wade was clearly better.

Lastly, if you're using the supporting cast argument, why don't you apply it for '09 or '10 when Bron had a superior cast?

Wade's Rings
03-30-2016, 01:06 PM
Is this even a serious thread? The collective IQ is ISH is below sea level. Sorry for the harsh words.

If your IQ was above sea level you would know this thread was made in 2011 when Bron and Wade were pretty much equals.

Dray n Klay
03-30-2016, 01:20 PM
If your IQ was above sea level you would know this thread was made in 2011 when Bron and Wade were pretty much equals.

No they weren't. Wade was never as good as LeBron during any season since 2003

jrong
03-30-2016, 02:12 PM
No they weren't. Wade was never as good as LeBron during any season since 2003

Yes, he was. Wade was better in 2004 when as a rookie he led the Heat to the brink of the ECFs (with not that much better teammates) and in 2005 when he led them to the brink of the Finals. LeBron had a bit better regular season stats but missed the playoffs both years. Both years go to Wade.

The 2006 campaign also goes to Wade with the title plus only four fewer ppg on four fewer shots (50% shooter-- do the math), same assists and one fewer rebounds.

In 2007, Wade was hands-down better than James during the season until the shoulder injury (29/5/8 vs. 26/6/6) and still a bit better after. However, this year goes to LeBron on account of the Finals run. The year 2008 also obviously goes to LeBron because Wade was barely mobile.

In 2009, Wade arguably had better stats and definitely did more with less-- his supporting cast made James' look like an all-star team. But, LeBron's playoff performance combined with Wade's first-round exit means this year goes to LBJ.

Wade takes 2010, however, because once again of doing more with less and the fact that he averaged 33 ppg on 56% shooting in the playoffs against the same Celtics' defense that made James quit and held Kobe to shooting in the low 40s. Wade also gets 2011 because his combined season / playoffs stats were as good, his per 36 numbers were much better and because of LBJ's historically inept Finals.

In conclusion, I would say Wade was the better overall player from 2004 - 2011. And he would have been plain better, period, if not for his injuries. LeBron has more talent (perhaps than anyone ever), but he doesn't have the MJ/ Kobe/ Wade mental makeup. I've said it before, but the NBA superstar landscape would have been vastly different if Wade hadn't got hurt in 05 and 07. The second half of the decade would have become the Dwyane Wade Era.

Wade's Rings
03-30-2016, 02:20 PM
Yes, he was. Wade was better in 2004 when as a rookie he led the Heat to the brink of the ECFs (with not that much better teammates) and in 2005 when he led them to the brink of the Finals. LeBron had a bit better regular season stats but missed the playoffs both years. Both years go to Wade.

The 2006 campaign also goes to Wade with the title plus only four fewer ppg on four fewer shots (50% shooter-- do the math), same assists and one fewer rebounds.

In 2007, Wade was hands-down better than James during the season until the shoulder injury (29/5/8 vs. 26/6/6) and still a bit better after. However, this year goes to LeBron on account of the Finals run. The year 2008 also obviously goes to LeBron because Wade was barely mobile.

In 2009, Wade arguably had better stats and definitely did more with less-- his supporting cast made James' look like an all-star team. But, LeBron's playoff performance combined with Wade's first-round exit means this year goes to LBJ.

Wade takes 2010, however, because once again of doing more with less and the fact that he averaged 33 ppg on 56% shooting in the playoffs against the same Celtics' defense that made James quit and held Kobe to shooting in the low 40s. Wade also gets 2011 because his combined season / playoffs stats were as good, his per 36 numbers were much better and because of LBJ's historically inept Finals.

In conclusion, I would say Wade was the better overall player from 2004 - 2011. And he would have been plain better, period, if not for his injuries. LeBron has more talent (perhaps than anyone ever), but he doesn't have the MJ/ Kobe/ Wade mental makeup. I've said it before, but the NBA superstar landscape would have been vastly different if Wade hadn't got hurt in 05 and 07. The second half of the decade would have become the Dwyane Wade Era.

Excellent post :applause: :applause:

PJR
03-30-2016, 02:22 PM
LeBron is better than Wade.

But I'll take Wade over the passive aggressive bitch on my team any day of the week.

LeBron has played 9 complete seasons without Wade, and hasn't sniffed a title. Can't say the same in reverse. :applause:

Dray n Klay
03-30-2016, 02:28 PM
LeBron is better than Wade.

But I'll take Wade over the passive aggressive bitch on my team any day of the week.

LeBron has played 9 complete seasons without Wade, and hasn't sniffed a title. Can't say the same in reverse. :applause:

Wade has had 9 complete seasons without LeBron, and only made it out of the 1st round 3 of those times :oldlol:

Don't know about you but that's pretty pathetic :biggums:

Wade is a loser, he's a Steve Francis/ Stephan Marbury tier player without MDE Shaq and Top 3 GOAT LeBron

Wade's Rings
03-30-2016, 02:33 PM
Wade has had 9 complete seasons without LeBron, and only made it out of the 1st round 3 of those times :oldlol:

Don't know about you but that's pretty pathetic :biggums:

Wade is a loser, he's a Steve Francis/ Stephan Marbury tier player without MDE Shaq and Top 3 GOAT LeBron

The trolls are trying so hard now :roll:

Dray n Klay
03-30-2016, 02:37 PM
The trolls are trying so hard now :roll:

Wait, you're glossing over 9 full seasons without Bron, and only got past the 1st round 3 times? :oldlol:

See? You're subconsciously putting artificially low standards for Wade, because even you don't truly believe he was that good.

WayOfWade
03-30-2016, 03:27 PM
Wait, you're glossing over 9 full seasons without Bron, and only got past the 1st round 3 times? :oldlol:

See? You're subconsciously putting artificially low standards for Wade, because even you don't truly believe he was that good.
Trolololololololol

Wade's Rings
03-30-2016, 03:37 PM

In those 3 appearances Wade has won a Title while Bron still hasn't won shit without Wade but congrats on the 2nd round appearances :roll:

riseagainst
03-30-2016, 03:41 PM
Hasn't Lebron played with MDE Shaq as well? Why couldn't he win with MDE Shaq?

:confusedshrug:

Fire Colangelo
03-30-2016, 06:24 PM
Shaq was 2nd in MVP voting mostly due to the Heat's improved record. Shaq: 23/10/3 on 60% shooting, Wade: 24/5/7 on 48% shooting. Wade and Shaq were pretty much equals. Also, why do people bring up age? For example, Bron was 22 in '07 but in his 4th year while Wade was 24 in '06 in his 3rd year. Bron had actually been in the League for more years with more NBA experience, why would it matter if one guy was older?

If you're factoring in the Playoffs why would Bron be better in '11? Also, '10 would be arguable as well. Why would '05 or '06 even be arguable? Wade was clearly better.

Lastly, if you're using the supporting cast argument, why don't you apply it for '09 or '10 when Bron had a superior cast?

This is gonna be a really sloppy post since I'm on my phone, but I'll try my best.

It doesn't really matter why Shaq was voted 2nd in MVP.... The fact is that Wade had a MVP caliber player on his team and Lebron had nobody. We can't really compare what they did in the playoffs and conclude that Wade was better because.... Wade probably would've missed the playoffs just like Lebron did in 05 had Shaq not been on the Heat.

All speculation of course, but Lebron has a better track record of carrying scrubs than Wade, so I'll give him the benefit of doubt.

Age doesn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things... But Wade obviously had more basketball experience in general and also had college experience while Lebron was supposed to be "raw" coming out of high school. The fact that he was performing on the same level, or even a higher level makes it that much more impressive IMO.

Here's the thing, are we looking at playoffs? Or just regular season?

Playoffs are hard to measure especially earlier on in their careers because you have different teammates. Having better teammates automatically gives you more chance to perform in the playoffs. Is rookie Hakeem better than rookie Jordan? --> that's just one of the examples I can think of right now (probably not the best but it will do for now)

If we're looking at regular season... Lebron pretty much outperforms Wade every year. If we're looking at a combination of regular season then Wade has the edge in 05, 06 and 11.

^ while we're on the topic of 2011 playoffs. One aspect that almost never gets mentioned is Wade's performance against the Bulls... It was actually even worse than Lebron's finals but it gets overlooked because it happened in the ECF instead of Finals (rightfully so, but just wanted to point out that Wade wasn't perfect in 2011).

Here's the thing in 2009 and 2010.... Was Lebron's supporting cast THAT much better than Wade's supporting cast? Better no doubt, but Lebron's Cavs teams were probably the worst 60+ win teams next to the Hawks last year.

It's just how it is... its easy to look back in hindsight and say that Wade was better than Lebron in 2005 and 2006 or whatever... Nobody at the time thought so.....

Wade is one of my favorite players all time... But You can go ahead and make ur arguments for Wade > Lebron in 09 and 10.... It's going to be a poor argument IMO.

Dray n Klay
03-30-2016, 06:27 PM
This is gonna be a really sloppy post since I'm on my phone, but I'll try my best.

It doesn't really matter why Shaq was voted 2nd in MVP.... The fact is that Wade had a MVP caliber player on his team and Lebron had nobody. We can't really compare what they did in the playoffs and conclude that Wade was better because.... Wade probably would've missed the playoffs just like Lebron did in 05 had Shaq not been on the Heat.

All speculation of course, but Lebron has a better track record of carrying scrubs than Wade, so I'll give him the benefit of doubt.

Age doesn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things... But Wade obviously had more basketball experience in general and also had college experience while Lebron was supposed to be "raw" coming out of high school. The fact that he was performing on the same level, or even a higher level makes it that much more impressive IMO.

Playoffs are hard to measure especially earlier on in their careers because you have different teammates. Having better teammates automatically gives you more chance to perform in the playoffs. Is rookie Hakeem better than rookie Jordan? --> that's just one of the examples I can think of right now (probably not the best but it will do for now)

If we're looking at regular season... Lebron pretty much outperforms Wade every year. If we're looking at a combination of regular season then Wade has the edge in 05, 06 and 11.

^ while we're on the topic of 2011 playoffs. One aspect that almost never gets mentioned is Wade's performance against the Bulls... It was actually even worse than Lebron's finals but it gets overlooked because it happened in the ECF instead of Finals (rightfully so, but just wanted to point out that Wade wasn't perfect in 2011).

Here's the thing in 2009 and 2010.... Was Lebron's supporting cast THAT much better than Wade's supporting cast? Better no doubt, but Lebron's Cavs teams were probably the worst 60+ win teams next to the Hawks last year.

It's just how it is... its easy to look back in hindsight and say that Wade was better than Lebron in 2005 and 2006 or whatever... Nobody at the time thought so.....

Wade is one of my favorite players all time... But You can go ahead and make ur arguments for Wade > Lebron in 09 and 10.... It's going to be a poor argument IMO.

Agreed.

GrapeApe
03-30-2016, 07:00 PM

Fair post, but I want to address two things. In 2005 and 2006 Lebron had a ridiculous amount of hype whereas Wade generally flew under the radar. Even Melo was getting more hype than Wade. Lebron was arguably the most hyped young NBA player ever. That kind of thing affects perception. Sometimes hindsight is a more accurate reflection of reality, because as time passes we are further removed from narratives that can skew objectivity. If we swapped Lebron and Wade's 2005 and 2006 seasons, NOBODY would be saying that Wade was better. Not a single soul.

The other thing I'll mention is regarding the 2011 ECF. It's well documented that Wade struggled, and well documented that the Bulls strategy was to shut down Wade. They succeeded for the most part through 3 quarters, but what separates it from Lebron's finals is Wade stepped up big in the 4th quarter. He made big time plays on both ends to help his team win. Despite his struggles and frustration, he didn't let it get the best of him like Lebron did. He maintained his confidence and aggressiveness. That's what was so disappointing about Lebron's finals, not his overall production. I think it you asked Lebron himself he would agree.

Smoke117
03-30-2016, 07:02 PM
Fair post, but I want to address two things. In 2005 and 2006 Lebron had a ridiculous amount of hype whereas Wade generally flew under the radar. Even Melo was getting more hype than Wade. Lebron was arguably the most hyped young NBA player ever. That kind of thing affects perception. Sometimes hindsight is a more accurate reflection of reality, because as time passes we are further removed from narratives that can skew objectivity. If we swapped Lebron and Wade's 2005 and 2006 seasons, NOBODY would be saying that Wade was better. Not a single soul.

The other thing I'll mention is regarding the 2011 ECF. It's well documented that Wade struggled, and well documented that the Bulls strategy was to shut down Wade. They succeeded for the most part through 3 quarters, but what separates it from Lebron's finals is Wade stepped up big in the 4th quarter. He made big time plays on both ends to help his team win. Despite his struggles and frustration, he didn't let it get the best of him like Lebron did. He maintained his confidence and aggressiveness. That's what was so disappointing about Lebron's finals, not his overall production. I think it you asked Lebron himself he would agree.

That 2007 season is probably the only season where Wade was considered better than Lebron by the general populous. He was legit considered the best player in the world and on his way to an MVP before he got hurt. It's easy to forget that now as the Celtics and Lakers took over the talk after that...memories are always short in sports though. It's not what have you done...but what have you done lately. :confusedshrug:

Fire Colangelo
03-30-2016, 07:08 PM

Good post.

Lebron always had more potential than Wade... Due to being taller/more freakish atheleticism/age... That could've been a reason why people thought Lebron was the better player as well.

It's crazy how similar of a skill set Wade and Lebron have though.... Lebron had more brute force while Wade had crazy body control. Both beautiful as hell to watch. Even though both of them are still going strong... It kinda makes me sad watching Lebron/Wade play nowadays.

Wade's Rings
03-30-2016, 09:54 PM

It does matter because they were essentially equals that Regular Season but one guy was an MVP candidate while the other wasn't. I doubt Wade misses the '05 Playoffs without Shaq. He went 5-3 without Shaq in the Regular Season and in one of the losses he got hurt and only played 21 minutes. They were pretty much on a 58 win pace without Shaq.

In this comparisons Wade would have had 6 years basketball experience to Bron's 4 so not enough for age to be a difference IMO.

Looking at it with a combination of both, you could argue '04 and '10 in Wade's favor as well.

^while we're on the topic of 2011 playoffs. One aspect that almost never gets mentioned is Wade's performance against the Bulls... It was actually even worse than Lebron's finals but it gets overlooked because it happened in the ECF instead of Finals (rightfully so, but just wanted to point out that Wade wasn't perfect in 2011).

Game 2 he had 24 & 9, Game 4 he had 6pts & 3blks in the 4th Quarter & OT, Game 5 he had 10pts in the 4th quarter. He actually showed up when it mattered while Lebron didn't.

Nobody thought so because Bron was way more hyped than Wade. The only time Wade was seen in the media eye as better was '07 pre-injury. Let's say you swap their numbers and accomplishments those years, would you have taken Wade or Bron?

Nick Young
03-30-2016, 09:57 PM
Wade is better than Lebron.

Saying Lebron is better than Wade is like saying Oscar Robertson was better than Larry Bird

Dray n Klay
03-30-2016, 10:00 PM
Wade is better than Lebron.

Saying Lebron is better than Wade is like saying Oscar Robertson was better than Larry Bird

April Fools is in 2 days brah

Nick Young
03-30-2016, 10:01 PM
Who has more rings doe?:confusedshrug:

Dray n Klay
03-30-2016, 10:03 PM
Who has more rings doe?:confusedshrug:

LeBron is in the Top 3; Wade is with Kobe out of the Top 10

Stop

TheMarkMadsen
03-30-2016, 10:20 PM
Wade definitely gets a huge boost due to his early playoff success. Say all you want about his team but he proved at a young age that he could be the leading scorer/play-maker on a championship team and proved that he could play alongside other great players, that is huge. Wade's reputation early on was that he is a clutch player who can put a team on his back while Lebron's was that he continually came up short in big games. That counts for something.

Wade was also much better defensively from the get go and made an all nba defensive team in 05. Lebron didn't make that team until 09.

Lebron in 07 & 08 was better, in 09 I feel that Wade's play was right up there with the best in the league during the regular season. He was still top 3 in 2010 and 2011.

But since then its clearly been Lebron.

04: Toss up. Wade took longer to get going but when he did he looked great.

05: Wade

06: Wade

07: Lebron

08: Lebron

09: Toss up.

10: Lebron

11: Wade

12: Lebron

Wade never put together 4 consecutive, healthy seasons as good as Lebron from 12-16 though. So overall the nod goes to Lebron pretty easily, but earlier in their career it was a lot closer than ISH fan boys would like to believe.

Dro
03-31-2016, 09:03 AM
Dude, you're ****ing clueless and a troll...How the hell you gonna laugh at that? Wade WAS AND IS a better midrange shooter than Lebron, I don't care what any stat says. At one point, Wade was considered and still may be considered one the better midrange players in the game. He has post moves similar to MJ and Kobe at 6'4. You serious with this? Then you don't come back with any thought out response. You're the definition of a troll.

Dray n Klay
03-31-2016, 09:05 AM
Dude, you're ****ing clueless and a troll...How the hell you gonna laugh at that? Wade WAS AND IS a better midrange shooter than Lebron, I don't care what any stat says. At one point, Wade was considered and still may be considered one the better midrange players in the game. He has post moves similar to MJ and Kobe at 6'5. You serious with this? Then you don't come back with any thought out response. You're the definition of a troll.

How?? Wade can't shoot, that's common fact around here. Stop trolling

Dro
03-31-2016, 09:14 AM
Also, I think people overlook usage rate when it comes to comparing stats. Lebron's usage rate is much greater than Wade's...I haven't looked at percentages but I assume Lebron has one of the highest usage rates in the league, meaning he has the ball in his hands MOST of the time.

When people say Wade was/or is close, I think its mainly from the eye test. Wade supporters look at them play on the court together, and see Wade delivering in the clutch, making amazing moves just like Lebron and he's 4 inches shorter and weighs much less. He's played through injuries, he's still performing now. I can easily see why people would think its close or that Wade is even a better overall player.

The one thing Lebron supporters seem to lean on is stats. But looking at them as players? Yeah, I'd say in their primes, there was nothing on the court Lebron could do that Wade couldn't. Lebron did it more, because well he's Lebron, he's gonna have the ball in his hands most of the time. He's been a PG basically since he came into the league, excels at setting players up.

But when I need a basket? I need a player in crunch time? I want Wade. I dunno, Lebron's higher on the all time list. Lebron's a better overall player. He's very durable, he's big, its size related. Looking at pure basketball ability to perform on the court, based on pure ability, I would have no problem with anybody picking Wade. I don't think Lebron is a better shooter than Wade. I don't think he's better in the post than Wade. I think Lebron is a better finisher, I do think Lebron is one of the best passers this game has seen.

I don't think Lebron is a better scorer than Wade. I think Wade could literally score on anyone, especially in his prime, more like a Jordan. I don't Lebron can score when he wants. There's no way GS could've guarded a prime Wade like they guarded Lebron last year. And I realize Lebron is coming out of his prime but still, you get my point.

To recap, Lebron is the better overall player. I think Wade has more skillzzzzzzzzz......

Dro
03-31-2016, 09:21 AM
How?? Wade can't shoot, that's common fact around here. Stop trolling
No, its not common fact. Its common fact that Lebron barely shot above 5% or something ridiculous from outside the paint last year.

Wade has always had a smoother, better midrange game than Lebron. He has post move turn around's, fade away's....or even this on a consistent basis.
http://giant.gfycat.com/PettyDigitalAldabratortoise.gif

People said D Wade would be the ideal guy to decline when he lost his athletic ability. He hasn't lost it all yet but he's losing it and he's still a great player. People don't even mention him when they talk about best SG's in the league like he's not there anymore. Head to head, I'll still take him over Klay Thompson easily. Can't take him over Harden.

Its just a crime to see underrated players get shitted on and having to be constantly compared to a dude like Lebron who's popularity transcends the sport and ESPN stays on his jock 24/7. He may be a top 5 player when he retires for a lot of reasons.

Wade will stay criminally underrated...

ArbitraryWater
03-31-2016, 09:54 AM

you're such a clown:roll:

Wade was not better in '04 or '10, lol..

ArbitraryWater
03-31-2016, 10:00 AM

:(

Fire Colangelo
03-31-2016, 12:22 PM
It does matter because they were essentially equals that Regular Season but one guy was an MVP candidate while the other wasn't. I doubt Wade misses the '05 Playoffs without Shaq. He went 5-3 without Shaq in the Regular Season and in one of the losses he got hurt and only played 21 minutes. They were pretty much on a 58 win pace without Shaq.

What I was trying to say was that one guy had a MVP caliber player on his team and the other had peanuts. Its unfair to compare their playoff run because the one with better teammates has a better chance of getting into the playoffs. Hence my MJ vs Hakeem rookie season example.

You just projected an 8 game sample to 82 games.... That's not how sampling works my friend.

In this comparisons Wade would have had 6 years basketball experience to Bron's 4 so not enough for age to be a difference IMO.

Maybe, maybe not. But two year playing experience could be huge some times.... Look at how much guys like MJ or Kobe improved.... Again age isn't really one of my main arguments, just something I wanted to throw out there.

Looking at it with a combination of both, you could argue '04 and '10 in Wade's favor as well.

Not really.... There's a reason why LeBron won ROY in 04 and MVP in 10. Wade's few brilliance in those playoffs (in losing effort) doesn't upset the edge Lebron had over Wade during 82 regular season games.

Game 2 he had 24 & 9, Game 4 he had 6pts & 3blks in the 4th Quarter & OT, Game 5 he had 10pts in the 4th quarter. He actually showed up when it mattered while Lebron didn't.

The Heat wouldn't be in such a place had Wade played better in the first 3 quarters? Not trying to justify Lebron's finals by any means... Shit was pathetic. But do remember that Lebron was the better player throughout the regular season.... Does one bad series take away all that? Maybe to you... Maybe not to others. This is kind of a grey area, personally for me I have Wade over Lebron because I've never seen such pathetic performance but I wouldn't get mad at if others thought differently.

Nobody thought so because Bron was way more hyped than Wade. The only time Wade was seen in the media eye as better was '07 pre-injury. Let's say you swap their numbers and accomplishments those years, would you have taken Wade or Bron?

Idk.... I remember watching both players and thinking Lebron was the better player at the time.

Wade vs Lebron might be a legit convo had injuries not hit Wade... But there really isn't an argument post 07.

I don't think Wade wins 60+ with 09 and 10 Cavs.

Good posts btw, I can definitely see your side of the argument.

Wade's Rings
03-31-2016, 05:15 PM
What I was trying to say was that one guy had a MVP caliber player on his team and the other had peanuts. Its unfair to compare their playoff run because the one with better teammates has a better chance of getting into the playoffs. Hence my MJ vs Hakeem rookie season example.

You just projected an 8 game sample to 82 games.... That's not how sampling works my friend.

Even without Shaq I doubt the Heat miss the Playoffs. They had a good enough team of role players around Wade to make the Playoffs.

People use those same numbers to show Bron's value, Shaq's value, etc why not Wade? Wade did fine on that team without Shaq in the Regular Season and Playoffs.

Not really.... There's a reason why LeBron won ROY in 04 and MVP in 10. Wade's few brilliance in those playoffs (in losing effort) doesn't upset the edge Lebron had over Wade during 82 regular season games.

Actually I agree with your final points but not the reasoning. I don't think an MVP would be reason for to choose Bron but his play was better.

The Heat wouldn't be in such a place had Wade played better in the first 3 quarters? Not trying to justify Lebron's finals by any means... Shit was pathetic. But do remember that Lebron was the better player throughout the regular season.... Does one bad series take away all that? Maybe to you... Maybe not to others. This is kind of a grey area, personally for me I have Wade over Lebron because I've never seen such pathetic performance but I wouldn't get mad at if others thought differently.

In Games 2 & 5 he played good through 3 quarters and in Game 5 he was a huge spark for that comeback.

Bron had slightly better Regular Season stats but Wade was better in the Playoffs and played IIRC 3 less minutes and he played a little less minutes in the Regular Season. You can say Bron's minutes helped his numbers out and in 2/3 of their boggest series Wade outplayed him.

Idk.... I remember watching both players and thinking Lebron was the better player at the time.

That's cool I was just making my case for Wade.

Wade vs Lebron might be a legit convo had injuries not hit Wade... But there really isn't an argument post 07.

I don't think Wade wins 60+ with 09 and 10 Cavs.[QUOTE]

I could see 60+ in '09 but not '10. Wade's whole career would be different if he stayed healthy at the right times but he couldn't.

[QUOTE]Good posts btw, I can definitely see your side of the argument.

:cheers:

Dray n Klay
06-25-2016, 06:39 AM
The difference is obvious.

Wade has won without lebron.
Lebron will never win without Wade.

/thread

:yaohappy: