PDA

View Full Version : Official 2010-11 All-NBA Teams announced!

R.H.C.P.
05-12-2011, 02:04 PM
LeBron James (unanimous), Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant & Derrick Rose named to 2010-11 ALL-NBA FIRST TEAM, as voted by media.
From NBA's Twitter

Full list: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7670

DLeagueWannabe
05-12-2011, 02:05 PM
From NBA's Twitter

IN BEFORE THE EARTHQUAKE

Rose
05-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Dirk over Durant.

canefandynasty
05-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Dirk over Durant.

Wade over Kobe/Rose

dawsey6
05-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Seeing as Dirk was considered a possible MVP candidate throughout the season and there hadn't been much mention of KD on that same plane, I'm a bit surprised KD got the nod. Other than that, good list.

DWade06
05-12-2011, 02:08 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol at kobe being on it instead of Wade. Give me one reason why Kobe should be on it instead of Wade.:confusedshrug:

Rnbizzle
05-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Wade over Kobe this year, quite easily I might add.

alenleomessi
05-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Dirk over Durant.
:blah

insidehoops
05-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Full list and full voting results: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7670

Rose
05-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Wade over Kobe/Rose
That too. I forgot to mention that!:lol

DWade06
05-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Lets compare Wade and Kobe. scoring-Wade, rebounding-Wade, passing- wade, blocks-wade, steals- wade, fg%-wade, head to head- Wade 2-0.

f0und
05-12-2011, 02:14 PM
its not surprising that kobe got 1st team over wade since he deserved 1st team defense even less but still got it.

not surprised but its still a big ass joke.

Basketbolero
05-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Rose, Lebron and Dwight were pretty much locks and Wade and Nowitzki for Kobe and Durant would have been my choices.

Someone should ask Durant if he still thinks 'people has forgotten about him' after making the team instead of Dirk, who in my opinion was far more deserving.

Lucifer
05-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Does this officially make Lebron Batman and Wade Robin? :confusedshrug:

Basketbolero
05-12-2011, 02:18 PM
its not surprising that kobe got 1st team over wade since he deserved 1st team defense even less but still got it.

not surprised but its still a big ass joke.
True man, after he got that one it seemed obvious he'd get the All-NBA spot as well.

Lucifer
05-12-2011, 02:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/SMlTp.png

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/3/6/c/36c14dd9f316266bc3ea5f6cdba10a40.jpg

DWade06
05-12-2011, 02:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/SMlTp.png

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/3/6/c/36c14dd9f316266bc3ea5f6cdba10a40.jpg
it seems like you are the one crying :roll: :roll: I think your just mad because Wade is the best in the playoffs :cry: :cry: :cry:

f0und
05-12-2011, 02:26 PM
True man, after he got that one it seemed obvious he'd get the All-NBA spot as well.

oh well. wade is still playing(and arguably playing better than anyone), while kobe has to sit there and think about how his 1st team defensive abilities couldnt stop jack, and his 1st team all around play didnt show up to prevent a sweep.

Lucifer
05-12-2011, 02:28 PM
it seems like you are the one crying :roll: :roll: I think your just mad because Wade is the best in the playoffs :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was referring to Bosh being left out. :facepalm #moron

DWade06
05-12-2011, 02:33 PM
I was referring to Bosh being left out. :facepalm #moron
you showed a picture of Wade...

Mr. I'm So Rad
05-12-2011, 02:33 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol at kobe being on it instead of Wade. Give me one reason why Kobe should be on it instead of Wade.:confusedshrug:

Give me one reason besides him being MVP that Rose should be over Wade

Lucifer
05-12-2011, 02:34 PM
you showed a picture of Wade...

Telling Bosh not to cry dip$hit :violin:

DRose.IS.da.MAN
05-12-2011, 02:34 PM

Because Rose was better than Wade during the season.

DWade06
05-12-2011, 02:35 PM
EXACTLY. Wade is showing right now that he is the best player in the playoffs. I guess Kobe can just sit on his couch and watch Wade play. Kobe was rapped by the 38 year old Jason Kidd.

Mr. I'm So Rad
05-12-2011, 02:36 PM

Rose played great but I don't think he played better than Wade overall this season. It's not like Wade is leaps and bounds ahead of him but I don't think he was better than Wade

f0und
05-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Telling Bosh not to cry dip$hit :violin:

you're $hits ret*rded. i dont think anybody else got that either.

Mr. I'm So Rad
05-12-2011, 02:37 PM
EXACTLY. Wade is showing right now that he is the best player in the playoffs. I guess Kobe can just sit on his couch and watch Wade play. Kobe was rapped by the 38 year old Jason Kidd.

Well LeBron and Dirk have been just as good imo

1st Team should have been

Wade
Kobe
LeBron
Dirk
Howard

f0und
Rose played great but I don't think he played better than Wade overall this season. It's not like Wade is leaps and bounds ahead of him but I don't think he was better than Wade

one thing that i think everyone can agree on(besides the kobe kids) is that both rose and wade had a better year than kobe.

Lucifer
you're $hits ret*rded. i dont think anybody else got that either.

:violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:

-M-I
He wasn't but it's fair that he was put on there because he's the MVP. But there's no reason for Kobe to be on there over Wade.

rmt
05-12-2011, 02:38 PM
oh well. wade is still playing(and arguably playing better than anyone), while kobe has to sit there and think about how his 1st team defensive abilities couldnt stop jack, and his 1st team all around play didnt show up to prevent a sweep.

True - but it'll only be worth it if Wade wins a ring. As time goes by, it'll be - look Kobe had x all-defensive team and x all-nba first team honors.

PowerGlove
05-12-2011, 02:40 PM
These lifetime achievement awards are so stupid.

-Tim Duncan's all star game appearance over Lamarcus Aldridge
-Kobe getting 1st team defense and All-NBA over Wade

If you didnt earn it, you shouldn't recieve it and I dont know how people accept these like they were actually better.

Allstar24
05-12-2011, 02:50 PM
As long as KB is playing in this league, D-whistle will never see 1st team :oldlol: That is the respect a 5x champion demands, get used to it.

KB is still the best SG in the league when healthy. He played fewer minutes, come off knee surgery, averaged his usual numbers and still finished higher in MVP voting than Wade. His team underachieved but it doesn't mean he didn't have a better season than most anticipated. I remember idiots here saying KB would have his worst year since his rookie season.

MeLO MvP 15
05-12-2011, 02:52 PM
SMH at no Melo. Pau underachieves all year and they put him over LaMarcus and Zach Randolph, and completely snub Melo.

PowerGlove
05-12-2011, 02:53 PM
As long as KB is playing in this league, D-whistle will never see 1st team :oldlol: That is the respect a 5x champion demands, get used to it.

KB is still the best SG in the league when healthy. He played fewer minutes, come off knee surgery, averaged his usual numbers and still finished higher in MVP voting than Wade. His team underachieved but it doesn't mean he didn't have a better season than most anticipated. I remember idiots here saying KB would have his worst year since his rookie season.

:roll:

You're so sad.

ImmortalD24
05-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Well deserved.

http://i52.tinypic.com/mhc9ok.jpg

nosfan773
05-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Westbrook over Paul :wtf:

jrong
05-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Does this officially make Lebron Batman and Wade Robin? :confusedshrug:

No, it means the second best player (and possibly even the best) in the NBA is as unppreciated as ever.

Tom Thibodeau ****ed this season up.

Mr Clutch Melo
05-12-2011, 03:33 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: @ Kobe and Durant making the team

Dirk and Wade>>>Kobe and Durant this year

jrong
05-12-2011, 03:34 PM

Are you high? This is laughably false.

Wade scored 25.5 ppg on 18 shots. Rose scored 25 on 20 shots. Wade shot 50%. Rose shot shot 44.6%. Rebounding? Defense?

As I said, Thibodeau ****ed the season up.

Mr Clutch Melo
05-12-2011, 03:38 PM
SMH at no Melo. Pau underachieves all year and they put him over LaMarcus and Zach Randolph, and completely snub Melo.

Melo did not deserve ALL-NBA this season IMO

Glide2keva
05-12-2011, 03:57 PM
NEW YORK -- Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls, the 2010-11 Kia NBA Most Valuable Player, and LeBron James of the Miami Heat, winner of the two previous MVP awards, highlight the 2010-11 All-NBA First Team. James was the lone unanimous choice, receiving all 119 first-place votes. Joining James and Rose on the First Team are Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers, Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder and Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic.

Earning his first All-NBA team selection, Rose led the Bulls to an NBA-best 62-20 mark. He averaged team highs of 25.0 points and 7.7 assists to go along with 4.1 rebounds, becoming only the seventh player in NBA history to average at least 25.0 points, 7.5 assists and 4.0 rebounds. Rose was the only player in the NBA to rank in the top 10 in scoring (seventh) and assists (10th).

James, who earns First Team honors for the fourth straight season and fifth time overall, was second in the NBA in scoring (26.7 ppg), and averaged team highs in assists (7.0 apg) and steals (1.57 spg) to go along with 7.5 rpg. James became the first player in history to surpass the 2,000-point, 500-rebound, 500-assist and 100-steal marks in four consecutive seasons.

Howard, an All-NBA First Team selection for the fourth consecutive season, earned the 2010-11 Kia NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award, becoming the first player to win the award three straight seasons. He led the league with 66 double-doubles, while ranking second in rebounds (14.1 rpg) and fourth in blocks (2.38 bpg). Howard also averaged a career-high 22.9 points.

Bryant, an All-NBA First Team selection for the sixth straight season and ninth time in his career, finished fifth in the league in scoring (25.3 ppg), while averaging 5.1 rebounds and 4.7 assists. Among active players, Bryant is tied with the San Antonio Spurs' Tim Duncan for most First Team selections.

Durant earns his second All-NBA First Team selection. Durant led the league in scoring (27.7 ppg) for the second consecutive year, to go along with 6.8 rebounds and 2.7 assists. Durant scored at least 40 in a league-high five games this season.

The All-NBA Second Team consists of guards Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat and Russell Westbrook of the Oklahoma City Thunder, forwards Pau Gasol of the Los Angeles Lakers and Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks, and center Amar'e Stoudemire of the New York Knicks.

The All-NBA Third Team includes the San Antonio Spurs' Manu Ginobili and the New Orleans Hornets' Chris Paul at guard, the Portland Trail Blazers' LaMarcus Aldridge and the Memphis Grizzlies' Zach Randolph at forward, and the Atlanta Hawks' Al Horford at center.

The All-NBA Teams were chosen by a panel of 119 sportswriters and broadcasters throughout the United States and Canada. The media voted for All-NBA First, Second and Third Teams by position with points awarded on a 5-3-1 basis.

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/05/12/all-nba-release/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

:applause:

TheNaturalWR
05-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Dwyane should of been there over either Rose/Kobe. It shouldn't even be close. There's no case whatsoever either of them have over Wade. If it's better player it should be Wade, if better statistical season it should be Wade as well. SMH

Glide2keva
05-12-2011, 04:05 PM
This is an appreciation thread, not a debate thread.

No way was Wade going over Rose, he had a case over Kobe though.

Indian guy
05-12-2011, 04:07 PM
:facepalm @ Kobe over Wade

Glide2keva
05-12-2011, 04:09 PM
:facepalm @ Kobe over Wade
That's what I said

Go Getter
05-12-2011, 04:09 PM

Exactly.

Congrats to Rose and the other honorees.

Kellogs4toniee
05-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Grats to all the players! Especially to Derrick Rose.

Third year: MVP, All-NBA First Team. Not too shabby.

DWade06
05-12-2011, 04:14 PM

No way was Wade going over Rose, he had a case over Kobe though.
He didn't just have a "case" to be there instead of kobe. He was clearly better. Infact. What case did Kobe have to be on it instead of wade?

Glide2keva
05-12-2011, 04:15 PM
He didn't just have a "case" to be there instead of kobe. He was clearly better. Infact. What case did Kobe have to be on it instead of wade?
I'm agreeing with you.

(e)
05-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Dwyane should of been there over either Rose/Kobe. It shouldn't even be close. There's no case whatsoever either of them have over Wade. If it's better player it should be Wade, if better statistical season it should be Wade as well. SMH

Wade over the MVP? Okay.

jrong
05-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Grats to all the players! Especially to Derrick Rose.

Third year: MVP, All-NBA First Team. Not too shabby.

And didn't deserve either one. Notice how they didn't print the second-team's stats or it would look very embarrassing, especially if they printed the across-the-board stats.

(e)
05-12-2011, 04:29 PM
And didn't deserve either one. Notice how they didn't print the second-team's stats or it would look very embarrassing, especially if they printed the across-the-board stats.

Stats are everything! :facepalm

He carried an injury ridden team to 62 wins.

jrong
05-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Wade over the MVP? Okay.

Wade was more far valuable than Rose as an individual player this year. Rose benefitted from the fact that the two best players in the world played together, the Bulls hired an all-time-great defensive coach, and he was the best player in a one-man-offense situation (yet had a second best player as Carlos Boozer whereas Wade had Jermaine O'Neal), in which he performed nowhere near as well as Wade did, when he was in a similar situation.

(e)
05-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Wade was more far valuable than Rose as an individual player this year. Rose benefitted from the fact that the two best players in the world played together, the Bulls hired an all-time-great defensive coach, and he was the best player in a one-man-offense situation (yet had a second best player as Carlos Boozer whereas Wade had Jermaine O'Neal), in which he performed nowhere near as well as Wade did, when he was in a similar situation.

What? Wade had LeBron and Bosh.

Rose had Boozer who was injured for a 1/3 of the year. And Rose took his team to 62 wins.

The MVP was well deserved. Quit hating.

jrong
05-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Stats are everything! :facepalm

He carried an injury ridden team to 62 wins.

No, his coach's defense did. When Wade puts up better stats next to the most statistically-dominant/ ball-dominant player possibly in history than Rose did playing as a one-man-offense, it leads to a pretty unavoidable conclusion:

Wade>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rose.

Glide2keva
05-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Had to be one right?

Can't just tip your hat? Just had to come spewing hate for Rose.

**** you.

(e)
05-12-2011, 04:35 PM
No his coach's defense did. When Wade puts up better stats next to the most statistically-dominant player possibly in history than Rose did playing as a one-man-offense, it leads to a pretty unavoidable conclusion:

Wade>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rose.

Take Rose off the Bulls, how many games do they win this year?

Take Wade off the Heat, how many games do they win this year?

Seriously thinking Wade deserved the MVP? :facepalm

jrong
05-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Wade over the MVP? Okay.

You can make the case that Rose deserved it over Kobe, fine. But NOBODY was on Wade's level at the guard position this year. Efficiency matters.

Glide2keva
05-12-2011, 04:37 PM
You can make the case that Rose deserved it over Kobe, fine. But NOBODY was on Wade's level at the guard position this year. Efficiency matters.
For the record, I agree Wade should be there over Kobe, but to disrespect what Rose did this year is assinine.

LBJ4MVP23
05-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Every single guy who thinks Rose 1. deserved the NBA, and 2. because he was the MVP he was better than Wade please answer this.

The years Michael Jordan did not win the MVP and lost to Malone and Robinson... Were those two guys better than Michael Jordan? If you answer yes I feel sorry for you, and if you answer NO you have exposed your hypocrisy.

jrong
05-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Take Rose off the Bulls, how many games do they win this year?

Take Wade off the Heat, how many games do they win this year?

Seriously thinking Wade deserved the MVP? :facepalm

No Dwight Howard, then LeBron, then Wade.

Had to be one right?

**** you.

When Wade had yet another honor stolen from him? Yes. I could give a shit about Rose. He's a pimple.

But, this affects Wade's legacy and place in history, comparisons with Jerry West, Kobe Bryant etc.

nba_55
05-12-2011, 04:41 PM
1st team:

G- Rose
G-Kobe
F- James
F-Durant
C-Howard

2nd team:
G- Wade
G-Westbrook
F-Gasol
F-Nowtizki
C-Amare

3rd team:
G-Ginobli
G-Paul
F-Aldrige
F-Z-Bo
C-Horford

kaiiu
05-12-2011, 04:42 PM
well deserved:applause:

nba_55
05-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Wade and Nowitzki got robbed!

DMAVS41
05-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Its beyond pathetic now.

kaiiu
05-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Durant deserved his and im a huge Dirk fan

juju151111
05-12-2011, 04:44 PM
No, his coach's defense did. When Wade puts up better stats next to the most statistically-dominant/ ball-dominant player possibly in history than Rose did playing as a one-man-offense, it leads to a pretty unavoidable conclusion:

Wade>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rose.
You are really beginning to make me start hating Wade. Boozer and Noah has been injured for most of the season and even when Boozer played he injured his ankle again and was playing like a scrub after the all-star break. Without Rose the bulls would be the bucks.

blablabla
05-12-2011, 04:46 PM
it's good to see alridge there after he has been robbed of an all star selection

the rest is good you could argue dirk over durant but is ok

Kobe24Clutch
05-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Switch rose for wade

hawksdogsbraves
05-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Props to Horford for making the 3rd team! :cheers:

It really shows how totally horrible the center position has become though, he wouldn't be a top 5 PF if he was playing his real position.

Go Getter
05-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Every single guy who thinks Rose 1. deserved the NBA, and 2. because he was the MVP he was better than Wade please answer this.

The years Michael Jordan did not win the MVP and lost to Malone and Robinson... Were those two guys better than Michael Jordan? If you answer yes I feel sorry for you, and if you answer NO you have exposed your hypocrisy.

IT's not the best player award you....it's the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER.

You have exposed your lack of comprehension.

jrong
05-12-2011, 04:51 PM
You are really beginning to make me start hating Wade. Boozer and Noah has been injured for most of the season and even when Boozer played he injured his ankle again and was playing like a scrub after the all-star break. Without Rose the bulls would be the bucks.

That's cool. Hate whoever you want. I feel bad beating up on Rose because he's a nice kid. It's like kicking a puppy.

But, a VERY unique set of circumstances caused him to way prematurely jump almost to the head of the class, and it is ****ing with an all-time-great player's legacy as a result.

Wade was getting all-NBA teams stolen from in his second and third year too by Steve Nash, but it was somewhat acceptable because the norm is to wait your turn. But, now? Wade deserves to have Kobe-like automatic-benefit-of-the-doubt-status. And in this case, he wouldn't have needed it because he was easily the best guard in the league this season.

Go Getter
05-12-2011, 04:52 PM
That's cool. Hate whoever you want. I feel bad beating up on Rose because he's a nice kid. It's like kicking a puppy.

But, a VERY unique set of circumstances caused him to way prematurely jump almost to the head of the class, and it is ****ing with an all-time-great player's legacy as a result.

Wade was getting all-NBA teams stolen from in his second and third year too by Steve Nash, but it was acceptable because the norm is to wait your turn. But, now? Wade deserves to have Kobe-like automatic-benefit-of-the-doubt-status. And in this case, he wouldn't have needed it because he was easily the best guard in the league this season.

Omg, stop it you're killing me:roll:

jrong
05-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Omg, stop it you're killing me:roll:

Which part of what I said wasn't true? Would you like me to do a comprison between Wade and Nash in 05 and 06? Or would you like me to show you that he was the best guard in the world in 2011. Because I can do either one, or both, if you like.

Skep
05-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Had to be one right?

**** you.

Ill tip my hat when you take his dick outta your mouth.

Go Getter
05-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Which part of what I said wasn't true? Would you like me to do a comprison between Wade and Nash in 05 and 06? Or would you like me to show you that he was the best guard in the world in 2011. Because I can do either one, or both, if you like.

You can do what you want but you arguing stats against an award that is about VALUE to a team not individual stats.

And your romantic stance on Wade and what he deserves is comical, really.:oldlol:

Go Getter
05-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Ill tip my hat when you take his Dlck outta your mouth.
MFer with all the Rose hate you spew(ed), and the INSANE shit you said about him/the Bulls this summer you should just stfu and log off--right now.

Eat Like A Bosh
05-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Wade is so underrated in The media.
The truth is he has been just as good as LeBron this season, and arguably better than both Kobe and Rose.
But Kobe and Rose are in LA and Chicago, one of the big markets, and the media doesn't want to piss off people in LA or Chicago. But they are not afraid to piss on the Heat. In fact, they will rip on the Heat as much as they want.

Wade and LeBron are equally important imo, LeBron might have more impressive stats, but I think Wade is the heart of the team. Real Heat Fans will know, when push comes to shove, it's Wade that will come through in the end.

Skep
05-12-2011, 05:03 PM
MFer with all the Rose hate you spew(ed), and the INSANE shit you said about him/the Bulls this summer you should just stfu and log off--right now.

Who was right about Boozer? :cheers: :pimp:

Go Getter
05-12-2011, 05:04 PM
But Kobe and Rose are in LA and Chicago, one of the big markets, and the media doesn't want to piss off people in LA or Chicago. But they are not afraid to piss on the Heat. In fact, they will rip on the Heat as much as they want.
:rolleyes:

:facepalm

Ikill
05-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Wade had a better season and is the better player so yes he deserved it over Rose. Also look at the players he is beside on the second team Pau Gasol Amare and Russel Westbrook like he does not belong there with them.

Go Getter
05-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Who was right about Boozer? :cheers: :pimp:
Boozer, you mean the starting PF for the league's best defense?

We are okay with him.

How are the Jazz doing son?:facepalm

Exactly.

Go Getter
05-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Wade had a better season and is the better player so yes he deserved it over Rose. Also look at the players he is beside on the second team Pau Gasol Amare and Russel Westbrook like he does not belong there with them.

He deserved it over Rose? Man ya'll MFers kill me...take that Jordan out yo avy man you ain't earn the right to rep Mike and the Bulls.

jrong
05-12-2011, 05:06 PM
You can do what you want but you arguing stats against an award that is about VALUE to a team not individual stats.

And your romantic stance on Wade and what he deserves is comical, really.:oldlol:

I would have less problem with the MVP if it didn't come with the automatic All-NBA distinction. And like I said, you can argue Rose over Kobe if you want.
But, Wade was the best guard in the NBA, and yes "best" is something that needs to be statistically quantified.

My other problem with Nash/Rose MVPs is that the notion MVP is a single-season-award is a complete fallacy. It has unbelievable historical significance.

keepinitreal
05-12-2011, 05:07 PM
:facepalm

Go Getter
05-12-2011, 05:07 PM
I would have less problem with the MVP if it didn't come with the automatic All-NBA distinction. And like I said, you can argue Rose over Kobe if you want.
But, Wade was the best guard in the NBA, and yes "best" is something that needs to be statistically quantified.

My other problem with Nash/Rose MVPs is that the notion MVP is a single-season-award is a complete fallacy. It has unbelievable historical significance.

I'm not arguing shit.

Rose won MVP and first team all NBA.

Props to him.

If he didn't win anything this year I sure-as-hell wouldn't be in here bellyaching like ya'll chumps...most of which are butt hurt and judge the MVP and all NBA honors on stats and nothing else.

Skep
05-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Boozer, you mean the starting PF for the league's best defense?

We are okay with him.

How are the Jazz doing son?:facepalm

Exactly.

Yeah, they have great D when taj is playing after Boozer commits too many fouls attempting to guard somebody.

Jazz future is looking bright. Fresh start with the next Dwight Howard aka Derrick Favors(cant wait for big Al to teach this kid some post moves)

Jazz will be in the playoffs next year. Easily

Sad they wont be winning a title this year, but owell same for the bulls :violin:

iDunk
05-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Aldridge and Randolph over Carmelo?

That's ridiculous. I don't care how they did in the playoffs, etc.

Melo should be there over Aldridge.

jb220
05-12-2011, 05:10 PM
How can you leave Melo off entirely?

He's better than Gasol, Durant, Randolph and Aldrige.

dr8ked
05-12-2011, 05:13 PM

Melo didnt do shit this season.. he spent half the season frolicking with his free agency, came to new york, helped them lose a bunch of games and got swept out of the playoffs. Kobe didnt do shit this season either, i don't even know why he's on the list.

Soothing Layup
05-12-2011, 05:13 PM

Far from it budster :)

Durant actually shows up on D, and is the back to back scoring champ. So how exactly is Melo better?

jb220
05-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Far from it budster :)

Durant actually shows up on D, and is the back to back scoring champ. So how exactly is Melo better?
If Durant "shows up on D" then so does Melo :)

One is not clearly better than the other, I agree that it's preference b

26/7/3 on 46%
28/7/3 on 46%

Yeah far from it, dumbass.

jrong
05-12-2011, 05:23 PM
I'm not arguing shit.

Rose won MVP and first team all NBA.

Props to him.

If he didn't win anything this year I sure-as-hell wouldn't be in here bellyaching like ya'll chumps...most of which are butt hurt and judge the MVP and all NBA honors on stats and nothing else.

I wouldn't think you would, considering Rose is 22. Wade doesn't have nearly as much time, and in case you're unaware, being snubbed/disrespected is not exactly new for him.

And, yes, I do think that stats (yes, including wins; they are a stat) should be heavily-determinant in NBA awards especially the non-MVP awards. Why is LeBron by and large considered the best player in the world? His stats. If it were "stats and nothing else", then he wouldn't have the wins to go along with it.

But, if the wins are there, stats are what produce the wins. They may be team or they may be individual, but the explanation for wins can be found in one stat or another. And there are stats that are capable of determining who/what are responsible for the wins (like the ones that show Chicago's defense is more "valuable" to them winning than Rose)

Otherwise, we're just voting for the best story or the player who happened to have the team-circumstances in place that made them seem "most valuable"....

Soothing Layup
05-12-2011, 05:24 PM
If Durant "shows up on D" then so does Melo :)

One is not clearly better than the other, I agree that it's preference b

26/7/3 on 46%
28/7/3 on 46%

Yeah far from it, dumbass.

Now compare their first round stats :)

hehe

rmt
05-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Switch rose for wade

So the league MVP shouldn't be on the all-nba first team? Ridiculous - it should be switch Kobe for Wade.

Glide2keva
05-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Wade should've been there over Kobe, not over Rose.

Rose earned his spot.

Go Getter
05-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Yeah, they have great D when taj is playing after Boozer commits too many fouls attempting to guard somebody.

Jazz future is looking bright. Fresh start with the next Dwight Howard aka Derrick Favors(cant wait for big Al to teach this kid some post moves)

Jazz will be in the playoffs next year. Easily

Sad they wont be winning a title this year, but owell same for the bulls :violin:
You should be banned from making any more predictions after last summer homie.

D. Rose=MVP, First team all NBA....better than D Will.

Hate on it but Booz is fine and we are one game away from the ECF.

Go Getter
05-12-2011, 05:38 PM
I wouldn't think you would, considering Rose is 22. Wade doesn't have nearly as much time, and in case you're unaware, being snubbed/disrespected is not exactly new for him.

And, yes, I do think that stats (yes, including wins; they are a stat) should be heavily-determinant in NBA awards especially the non-MVP awards. Why is LeBron by and large considered the best player in the world? His stats. If it were "stats and nothing else", then he wouldn't have the wins to go along with it.

But, if the wins are there, stats are what produce the wins. They may be team or they may be individual, but the explanation for wins can be found in one stat or another. And there are stats that are capable of determining who/what are responsible for the wins (like the ones that show Chicago's defense is more "valuable" to them winning than Rose)

Otherwise, we're just voting for the best story or the player who happened to have the team-circumstances in place that made them seem "most valuable"....

Rose is the MVP and first team all NBA.

He's a point guard, not a shooting guard, who led his team to 62 wins (one more than the MVP last year).

Wade and Lebron combined couldn't win more games than the Bulls and their rag tag roster.

Rose deserves every award he gets.

Cry about it.

LBJ4MVP23
05-12-2011, 05:41 PM
IT's not the best player award you....it's the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER.

You have exposed your lack of comprehension.

No I can read very well and he is not the most valuable. "He is the heart and soul of the offense." LOL. The heart and soul can't buy a basket and cant score 30+ without shooting 30+.

They win because of rebounding and defense, and Rose has allowed Teague to look like CP3, but they still win. He barely rebounds the ball, but they still win. He has a horrible assist to turn over ratio, but they still win.

He has horrible games, and they still win. How can he have so much value if they not only can, but so often, DO win in spite of him. The answer is he is not that valuable. He is the best player on the team with the best record, but he is not a top 7 player in the NBA, and his value is overstated.

Skep
05-12-2011, 05:42 PM
You should be banned from making any more predictions after last summer homie.

D. Rose=MVP, First team all NBA....better than D Will.

Hate on it but Booz is fine and we are one game away from the ECF.

No one expected it. Dwill is a great point guard. Rather have him on a team i was building for a ring than Rose. I dont need 30FGA per game from my PG. I need a playmaker that can knock down shots.

Jazz made the WCF in 07. Its not a big deal.

Beat a team worth beating in the playoffs then we can talk.

Go Getter
05-12-2011, 05:47 PM
No I can read very well and he is not the most valuable. "He is the heart and soul of the offense." LOL. The heart and soul can't buy a basket and cant score 30+ without shooting 30+.

They win because of rebounding and defense, and Rose has allowed Teague to look like CP3, but they still win. He barely rebounds the ball, but they still win. He has a horrible assist to turn over ratio, but they still win.

He has horrible games, and they still win. How can he have so much value if they not only can, but so often, DO win in spite of him. The answer is he is not that valuable. He is the best player on the team with the best record, but he is not a top 7 player in the NBA, and his value is overstated.
If that's how you feel then fine. But the people that MATTER have spoken.

D. Rose MVP and first team all NBA. So **** what you talking about (especially those lies and half truths).

Go Getter
05-12-2011, 05:49 PM
No one expected it. Dwill is a great point guard. Rather have him on a team i was building for a ring than Rose. I dont need 30FGA per game from my PG. I need a playmaker that can knock down shots.

Jazz made the WCF in 07. Its not a big deal.

Beat a team worth beating in the playoffs then we can talk.

***** your team has 0 rings and we OWN ya'll in the finals.

Talk to me when the Jazz get a ring son, lmao.

you talking about 2007? Jazz fans STILL butt hurt about Jordan over Russell when I go to Jazz games today:roll:

LA_Showtime
05-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Wade's arguably the best player on the Heat, and yet he can't make the first team. Wow.

koBEDABEST
05-12-2011, 05:54 PM
im kinda ****ing pissed that wade didnt make it... total travesty.

Skep
05-12-2011, 05:55 PM
***** your team has 0 rings and we OWN ya'll in the finals.

Talk to me when the Jazz get a ring son, lmao.

you talking about 2007? Jazz fans STILL butt hurt about Jordan over Russell when I go to Jazz games today:roll:

Well when a franchise is gifted with the GOAT its kinda expected for them to get a ring.

Im only upset that Jordan was allowed to blatantly push off . Series goes to 7 its a toss up.

I love that my franchise can stay consistently competitive and make the post season consistently. The Bulls franchise was shit before jordan and it turned to shit after. Thankfully you were "blessed" with the number 1 pick in 08. Lets see how it unfolds. With Boozer as your "go to" post player I doubt Chicago will win a title during the Rose era

When your franchise wins a ring without the GOAT then maybe they can be respectable.

Its not known as the Chicago Bulls. They really should rename that franchsie to the "Michael Jordans"

Go Getter
05-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Well when a franchise is gifted with the GOAT its kinda expected for them to get a ring.

Im only upset that Jordan was allowed to blatantly push off . Series goes to 7 its a toss up.

I love that my franchise can stay consistently competitive and make the post season consistently. The Bulls franchise was shit before jordan and it turned to shit after. Thankfully you were "blessed" with the number 1 pick in 08. Lets see how it unfolds. With Boozer as your "go to" post player I doubt Chicago will win a title during the Rose era

When your franchise wins a ring without the GOAT then maybe they can be respectable.

Its not known as the Chicago Bulls. They really should rename that franchsie to the "Michael Jordans"

Sounds like a lot of whining and bullshit.

You guys had the leading scorer ever, and one of the best PG's to ever lace em up, a great shot blocker in Mark Eaton, a dead eye shooter in Hornacek, and a great coach....when Jordan played baseball you guys still ain't win shit so miss me with that crap.

The Jazz ain't never winning a chip man just come to grips with the fact that your team is a perennial loser.

Skep
05-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Sounds like a lot of whining and bullshit.

You guys had the leading scorer ever, and one of the best PG's to ever lace em up, a great shot blocker in Mark Eaton, a dead eye shooter in Hornacek, and a great coach....when Jordan played baseball you guys still ain't win shit so miss me with that crap.

The Jazz ain't never winning a chip man just come to grips with the fact that your team is a perennial loser.

We had Kareem?

Mark Eaton wasnt even on the Jazz roster during their finals run. If he was it wouldve been Utah in 6

Nah my team is great. I love that my franchise is known for hardwork and consistency. Rather than one that could only function if it had the GOAT on it. Im glad my team isnt known for 1 guy that carried it to rings.

Go Getter
05-12-2011, 06:10 PM
1.) We had Kareem?

2.) Mark Eaton wasnt even on the Jazz roster during their finals run. If he was it wouldve been Utah in 6

3.) Nah my team is great. I love that my franchise is known for hardwork and consistency. Rather than one that could only function if it had the GOAT on it. Im glad my team isnt known for 1 guy that carried it to rings.

1.) My bad....2nd leading scorer ever...over 4,000 more points than MJ and one of the best rebounders ever....and the steals/assists leader.

2.) :roll: :roll: :roll: there you go making me laugh again.

3.) http://photohome.com/pictures/celebrity-pictures/nba-pictures/scottie-pippen-1a.jpg

Pip says "hi" hater.

Stop lying to yourself....if Jordan played for the Jazz you'd be tongue deep in his ass.

iDunk
05-12-2011, 06:48 PM

hehe
Yeah cause the oh so mighty Denver Nuggets are a powerhouse defensive team.

Its much harder to score against the Celtics yet Melo had the most amazing "putting scrubs on his back" performance yet and almost by himself beat the Celtics in game 2 at TD Garden.

DMAVS41
05-12-2011, 06:52 PM
So the league MVP shouldn't be on the all-nba first team? Ridiculous - it should be switch Kobe for Wade.

This.

Kobe over Wade this year is almost as comical as Kobe over Dirk in crunch time.

GOBB
05-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Westbrook didnt deserve 2nd team all nba. I wonder how many OKC homers voted.

Nets fan 93
05-12-2011, 06:56 PM
D-Will was robbed imo

Hulk Hogan
05-12-2011, 06:58 PM
When Wade had yet another honor stolen from him?

So Rose stole the MVP from Wade, and then the All-NBA first team award... What's next, the ECF championship? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Shit will soon get serious! :oldlol:

OKCThunderUP
05-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Westbrook didnt deserve 2nd team all nba. I wonder how many OKC homers voted.

Uh, yeah he did. Who deserves it over him? CP3 is the only one who comes close but he had the injury and then his production fell off over the second half of the season. Westbrook had a great year.

GOBB
05-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Uh, yeah he did. Who deserves it over him? CP3 is the only one who comes close but he had the injury and then his production fell off over the second half of the season. Westbrook had a great year.

CP3 shouldve been on the 2nd team, not Westbrook.

tikay0
05-12-2011, 07:00 PM
wade and nowitzki got highway robbed.

Hulk Hogan
05-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Its beyond pathetic now.

Why you mad brah? :roll: :roll:

DMAVS41
05-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Why you mad brah? :roll: :roll:

Not mad.

Just disappointed that the NBA has become such a perception based sport where your on court performance just doesn't mean as much as the name on the back of your jersey.

Some day players like Dirk and Wade will get the credit they deserve. Its just going to take some smarter people getting around the game.

Thank god for the stats movement currently going on. That will help a lot of the truly great players get the recognition they deserve.

knickscity
05-12-2011, 07:14 PM

hehe
If that counted in the All NBA selections then I'm sure he would.

Melo had 42 and 17 rebounds in his first round series.

That not including the dimes and blocks.

And that was against arguably one of the best defenses in the NBA.

I'm positive Durant hasn't done that so far.

bearcatext
05-12-2011, 07:18 PM
There can't be a single thread about Rose that Miami heat fans don't come in claiming atrocities. I can't think of a single thread where people hate on Wade as much as I see Rose hate threads. Get off the kids jock and respect a great season when you see one. Wade should replace Kobe absolutely on it, but wade knew going with Bosh and Lebron his MVP votes would get shared amongest them 3. What rose did this season was great and anyone who watches a Bulls game can see the difference between when he's on the court compared to off the court. Yes we have a great defense we also don't have nearly the same amount of skill as Miami does yet finished at 62 wins. Give the kid his props for once or seriously just zip it get out of your mothers basement or go and admire your wade and lebron posters

OKCThunderUP
05-12-2011, 07:20 PM
If that counted in the All NBA selections then I'm sure he would.

Melo had 42 and 17 rebounds in his first round series.

That not including the dimes and blocks.

And that was against arguably one of the best defenses in the NBA.

I'm positive Durant hasn't done that so far.

He put up 41 twice against a pretty good Denver defense and averaged something like 33ppg and 6-7rpg over the series.

He and Durant's numbers were super close but KD edged him out so why shouldn't he get the nod over Melo?

knickscity
05-12-2011, 07:35 PM
He put up 41 twice against a pretty good Denver defense and averaged something like 33ppg and 6-7rpg over the series.

He and Durant's numbers were super close but KD edged him out so why shouldn't he get the nod over Melo?
I really don't have a problem with Durant getting the nod over Melo, but Melo not making it at all is my issue.

Melo's Denver team was right behind OKC the whole season, I can accept that.

But when Melo came to NY, every single category improved.

I would have been happy with 2nd or 3rd for Melo, but not at all wasn't right.

I'm almost certain Melo even outplays Durant head to head as well.

OKCThunderUP
05-12-2011, 07:35 PM
I really don't have a problem with Durant getting the nod over Melo, but Melo not making it at all is my issue.

Melo's Denver team was right behind OKC the whole season, I can accept that.

But when Melo came to NY, every single category improved.

I would have been happy with 2nd or 3rd for Melo, but not at all wasn't right.

Agreed. He should have made 2nd team at the very least.

magnax1
05-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Excuse me while I throw up because Russell Westbrook got 2nd team over both Deron and CP3.

Shep
05-12-2011, 08:42 PM
lol@kobe

1st team

C dwight howard
F lebron james
F kevin durant
G derrick rose
G russell westbrook

2nd team

C pau gasol
F lamarcus aldridge
F josh smith
G dwyane wade
G chris paul

3rd team

C amare stoudemire
F blake griffin
F luol deng
G kobe bryant
G rajon rondo

Colby Brian
05-12-2011, 08:45 PM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3751/1211137o8r5srya.jpg

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6892/1211832qxiatuem.jpg

sic
05-12-2011, 09:06 PM
lol @ Kobe in the 1st team. I think he needed this consolation after his year was wasted. :roll:

Colby Brian
05-12-2011, 09:15 PM
lol @ Kobe in the 1st team. I think he needed this consolation after his year was wasted. :roll:

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/461/133930swhem2kk.jpg

Pointguard
05-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Dirk can't get no love. Wade was robbed as well.

nba_55
05-12-2011, 09:44 PM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3751/1211137o8r5srya.jpg

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6892/1211832qxiatuem.jpg
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/de6/87a/811/resized/dirkules-meme-generator-play-the-lakers-sweep-them-78a90b.jpg

Scholar
05-12-2011, 09:46 PM
I'm a Lakers fan but I'm surprised Kobe is on the 1st Team. Wade probably should've been on the 1st team.

Allstar24
05-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Why are people mad at Kobe...he didn't ask to get selected. I doubt he even gives a shit about this stuff anymore, he's gotten too many of them over the years. It seems like Wade and his fanboys are pretty butthurt about it. Awesome.

UtahJazzFan88
05-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Wow, I'm not even really a fan of Deron, haven't been a huge fan of him even when he was with us, but him not even on that list while CP3 and Westbrook are is a joke, Deron had a better year than both IMO.

donald_trump
05-12-2011, 09:53 PM
kobe fans, whats up with the u mad pictures?

im sure heat fans would rather have the better player now, wade than care about whats become essentially a bullshit award.

donald_trump
05-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Why are people mad at Kobe...he didn't ask to get selected. I doubt he even gives a shit about this stuff anymore, he's gotten too many of them over the years. It seems like Wade and his fanboys are pretty butthurt about it. Awesome.

and none of it changes the fact that wade is a better player. most of the more serious basketball viewing population knows this. that stuff doesnt go out of memory in the future.

Gallant
05-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Rose is fine where he is at but Wade should definitely be over Kobe on the 1st team. Wade keeps getting the shaft when it comes to these awards.

Hoopz2332
05-13-2011, 01:38 AM
wtf is kobe doing on the 1st team?:facepalm :oldlol:

JGXEN
05-13-2011, 02:02 AM
Where the f*** is Amar'e and Melo? :facepalm

thomaspynchon
05-13-2011, 02:06 AM
lol@kobe

1st team

C dwight howard
F lebron james
F kevin durant
G derrick rose
G russell westbrook

2nd team

C pau gasol
F lamarcus aldridge
F josh smith
G dwyane wade
G chris paul

3rd team

C amare stoudemire
F blake griffin
F luol deng
G kobe bryant
G rajon rondo

whats up ISHs resident racist? I have followed you closely and admired your subtle racism1

imdaman99
05-13-2011, 02:18 AM
Excuse me while I throw up because Russell Westbrook got 2nd team over both Deron and CP3.
westbrook is the most exciting pg in the game, deron williams got his coach to quit and then got himself traded to a team that will never be on primetime again. and cp3 is a great player, but he didnt even play hard in a lot of the games i watched. i saw him against the knicks and he didnt even look interested, almost as if he didnt care to help the outcome.

Colby Brian
05-13-2011, 02:21 AM
1st team:

G- Rose
G-Kobe
F- James
F-Durant
C-Howard

2nd team:
G- Wade
G-Westbrook
F-Gasol
F-Nowtizki
C-Amare

3rd team:
G-Ginobli
G-Paul
F-Aldrige
F-Z-Bo
C-Horford

:wtf:

B-Easy8
05-13-2011, 03:00 AM
Switch Kobe with Dirk on the first team and I think it would be good. How Horford gets so much love I will never understand. For those who are saying that Melo played better than Manu are wrong. These are regular season teams, Manu was the first option on the team with the best record and Melo combined with Stat couldn't get higher than the 6th seed in the East. How is Westbrook in the second team over Paul, Nash and Williams?

Snoop_Cat
05-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Carmelo is arguably the 2nd best SF in the league. He should've been at least third team and perhaps second team over Gasol.

LA KB24
05-13-2011, 09:54 PM
Wade & Melo robbed again. Big surprise there.

ShaqAttack3234
05-13-2011, 10:05 PM
My all-nba teams would be.

1st team
G- Wade
G- Kobe
F- Durant
F- Lebron
C- Howard

2nd team
G- Paul
G- Rose