PDA

View Full Version : It's a good thing Rose didn't "recruit" LeBron...

game385
05-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Not from a pure basketball POV. Obviously, the Bulls would be even better w/ LeBron James on our team but given that those guys (LeBron, Wade and Bosh) almost certainly planned on teaming up in Miami for a while before the 2010 summer... It's a good thing, Derrick Rose didn't beg LeBron to come join him in Chicago.

Had D-Rose been all on LeBron's nuts, the mental edge LeBron would have gained over him and the Bulls would be huge right now.

Miami already has the talent advantage at the top, but if LeBron were coming into Chicago to play a team where the best player spent the whole summer begging him to come play with him, he'd be even more confident about the Heat's impending domination.
Not to mention what that would have said about Rose's own heart. If he begged LeBron to come, would he really believe that they could win now? Would he really believe enough in his teammates now? Probably not.

In retrospect, Rose handled it perfectly... He basically said "You're welcome to join me but I don't need you".

Having a mental edge in the world of professional sports is probably a lot more important than some of us mere mortals may think. I wonder how many games MJ won from simply being able to take his opponent out mentally to where they never truly believed they could beat him anyway...

D-Rose believes in himself. He believes in his teammates and the Bulls are going to need that edge to win.

DRose.IS.da.MAN
05-14-2011, 11:58 AM
Exactly.
I was one of the few that didn't want LeBron, Wade or Bosh to come to Chicago. I used to argue with my friends. I did want Joe Johnson, but I didn;t know the Hawks would offer him such a big contract.

Stuckey
05-14-2011, 12:10 PM
damn can u imagine lebron + rose = drools

i feel pity for you bulls fans, i wonder if you'll even sniff a ring with boozer as a starter

SebasMiamiFan
05-14-2011, 12:13 PM
If the Heat win several rings, this is going to sting for the Bulls. Even worse for the Knicks who think they deserve to have every great player simply because they're in New York City.

Nash
05-14-2011, 12:14 PM
damn can u imagine lebron + rose = drools

Why would I imagine that when he has Wade on his team?

Kurosawa0
05-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Well, see if you still feel this way next week.

Glide2keva
05-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Exactly.
I was one of the few that didn't want LeBron, Wade or Bosh to come to Chicago. I used to argue with my friends. I did want Joe Johnson, but I didn;t know the Hawks would offer him such a big contract.
Same here, I never wanted lebron on this team.

SebasMiamiFan
05-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Why would I imagine that when he has Wade on his team?

This.

Glide2keva
05-14-2011, 12:21 PM
If the Heat win several rings, this is going to sting for the Bulls. Even worse for the Knicks who think they deserve to have every great player simply because they're in New York City.

It'll hurt NY more than us. We want to compete every year and try to get better from within and sign players at the right time.

The thing you same about NY is very true. They have that sense of entitlement that just gets on my nerves.

SebasMiamiFan
05-14-2011, 12:24 PM
It'll hurt NY more than us. We want to compete every year and try to get better from within and sign players at the right time.

The thing you same about NY is very true. They have that sense of entitlement that just gets on my nerves.

Well not necesarily here, but I've seen Bull fans who were dying for LeBron. You guys have a great team without him anyways while NY has really nothing besides Melo and Amare. So it worked out for you guys.

Glide2keva
05-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Well not necesarily here, but I've seen Bull fans who were dying for LeBron. You guys have a great team without him anyways while NY has really nothing besides Melo and Amare. So it worked out for you guys.

Those guys were star****ers.

Yes this summer worked out well, they built a solid team and didn't just go for the homerun and be top heavy like Miami.

MIA has a good team, but they still have needs.

SebasMiamiFan
05-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Those guys were star****ers.

Yes this summer worked out well, they built a solid team and didn't just go for the homerun and be top heavy like Miami.

MIA has a good team, but they still have needs.

The real Miami fans understood this. A complete could not have been completed in one offseason. This was only a test season until we got a complete team and we're still in the ECF.

GOBB
05-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Some Bulls fans can keep convincing themselves they are better off without Bron. But I know if Bulls had Bron? They would be a much better team today. And someone saying they have a chance to win the title this year would be taken seriously. So while your team hunts for a SG to fill that hole this offseason? If Bron was there, there would be no hunt. We'd probably be asking could this team repeat as champions and could they be better than the past Bulls dynasty.

game385
05-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Some Bulls fans can keep convincing themselves they are better off without Bron. But I know if Bulls had Bron? They would be a much better team today. And someone saying they have a chance to win the title this year would be taken seriously. So while your team hunts for a SG to fill that hole this offseason? If Bron was there, there would be no hunt. We'd probably be asking could this team repeat as champions and could they be better than the past Bulls dynasty.

I'm not one of them. Like I said, I think we'd obviously be better with LeBron but I'm inspired by the way things have worked out. Honestly, I think that LeBron would have been better off in Chicago more than the Bulls would have been better off with LeBRon.

What I mean by that is b/c of our youth and Derrick's Rose's growth this year, the Bulls will be better a lot longer than Miami will. Wade has about 3 yrs of prime left, optimistically while Rose @ 22 has a decade left to dominate.
The Bulls might be better than Miami right now, (that has yet to be determined), but once D-Wade isn't the same D-Wade he is now, the Bulls will likely be just hitting their prime.

gilalizard
05-14-2011, 01:02 PM
In retrospect, Rose handled it perfectly... He basically said "You're welcome to join me but I don't need you".

This is the point. And LeBron's ego couldn't take it. He needed to be slobbered over and called the greatest, while also seeing he'd have the bailout of another top 2 player on his team.

Thus, he went to Miami.

Right now, Rose has far more heart than all three of the Miami douches combined.

Goliath Uterus
05-14-2011, 01:05 PM
If the Bulls had gotten Bron, they would've been a better team than the Jordan era Bulls. Nuff said.

GOBB
05-14-2011, 01:09 PM
This is the point. And LeBron's ego couldn't take it. He needed to be slobbered over and called the greatest, while also seeing he'd have the bailout of another top 2 player on his team.

Thus, he went to Miami.

Right now, Rose has far more heart than all three of the Miami douches combined.

Yeah because thats what Wade did to Lebron to convince him on coming to Miami. :rolleyes:

the_future02
05-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Bulls better win this season. Cause its going to be Mia, NJ(Dwight and D Will) and Knicks fighting it out for the next 5-6 seasons. Boozer's contract will haved killed Bulls future aspirations for a title.

Glide2keva
05-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Bulls better win this season. Cause its going to be Mia, NJ(Dwight and D Will) and Knicks fighting it out for the next 5-6 seasons. Boozer's contract will haved killed Bulls future aspirations for a title.
:facepalm

jrong
05-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Not from a pure basketball POV. Obviously, the Bulls would be even better w/ LeBron James on our team but given that those guys (LeBron, Wade and Bosh) almost certainly planned on teaming up in Miami for a while before the 2010 summer... It's a good thing, Derrick Rose didn't beg LeBron to come join him in Chicago.

Had D-Rose been all on LeBron's nuts, the mental edge LeBron would have gained over him and the Bulls would be huge right now.

Miami already has the talent advantage at the top, but if LeBron were coming into Chicago to play a team where the best player spent the whole summer begging him to come play with him, he'd be even more confident about the Heat's impending domination.
Not to mention what that would have said about Rose's own heart. If he begged LeBron to come, would he really believe that they could win now? Would he really believe enough in his teammates now? Probably not.

Having a mental edge in the world of professional sports is probably a lot more important than some of us mere mortals may think. I wonder how many games MJ won from simply being able to take his opponent out mentally to where they never truly believed they could beat him anyway...

D-Rose believes in himself. He believes in his teammates and the Bulls are going to need that edge to win.

You might want to consider a mental edge that the Heat have-- Wade is an NBA Finals MVP, and LeBron has been to the Finals. This is the first time the Bulls have been out of the first round in the Rose-era. Let's see if they are ready for the big stage and bright lights.

StackzUp
05-14-2011, 01:29 PM

Thus, he went to Miami.

Where do you get your information from? Basically just talking out your ass :roll:

-M-I
05-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Bulls fans are ridiculous. You're gonna learn, just like Rose will in the next 7 years when he can't get a ring, that all of this pampering him and making sure that he's the face of Chicago ended up being for nothing. Stop trying to convince yourself that not having the best player in the league was good for your team. It's pathetic.

GOBB
05-14-2011, 01:37 PM

Chicago is a legit starting SG away from being a legit title contender. NYK havent added crap yet you listed them because you think they will do x,y,z. :rolleyes:

Oh look, NJ got Dwight somehow. Man did you have Mexican for lunch? Your ass has the runs.

the_future02
05-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Chicago is a legit starting SG away from being a legit title contender. NYK havent added crap yet you listed them because you think they will do x,y,z. :rolleyes:

Oh look, NJ got Dwight somehow. Man did you have Mexican for lunch? Your ass has the runs.

:oldlol: @ this dude thinkin a team depending on Boozer is going to win a title. Knicks with a legit C and PG will be shittin on Chicago as well as Mia who will upgrade their bench.

Stuckey
05-14-2011, 03:08 PM
:oldlol: @ this dude thinkin a team depending on Boozer is going to win a title. Knicks with a legit C and PG will be shittin on Chicago as well as Mia who will upgrade their bench.

chicago with a legit SG can shit on the Knicks

Miami with a legit C can shit on everyone

OKC with a legit PF and coach can shit on everyone

LA with motivation can shit on everyone

Boston with the fountain of youth can shit on everyone

should i stop now?

the_future02
05-14-2011, 03:14 PM
chicago with a legit SG can shit on the Knicks

Miami with a legit C can shit on everyone

OKC with a legit PF and coach can shit on everyone

LA with motivation can shit on everyone

Boston with the fountain of youth can shit on everyone

should i stop now?

Stopped reading. In another season Ibaka will be a top 5 PF

I.Malcolm
05-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Bulls fans are ridiculous. You're gonna learn, just like Rose will in the next 7 years when he can't get a ring, that all of this pampering him and making sure that he's the face of Chicago ended up being for nothing. Stop trying to convince yourself that not having the best player in the league was good for your team. It's pathetic.
Rose will get a ring before LBJ does and he'll do it without whoring himself out.

imdaman99
05-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Stfu dumbass its called an offseason. I wont let that Mourning av fool me into thinking you're a real Heat fan from back in the day rather than a bandwagoner, especially considering the date you joined. The Knicks had to give up all their super role players for Melo. The Heat have better role players as well as better superstars, but the Knicks still smacked you around the last 2 times they played. Its a shame they had to play the Celts in the 1st round, truly their kryptonite.

GOBB
05-14-2011, 04:38 PM

Knicks dont have a legit C. And it seems like you're implying Billups isnt a legit PG. If I'm reading correctly, then the Knicks dont have a legit PG either.

So no legit PG or C. Yet somehow Knicks will MAGICALLY get these things whereas Bulls will stand pat and regress. Ok I follow.

:oldlol: @this dude

:rolleyes:

game385
05-14-2011, 06:10 PM
You might want to consider a mental edge that the Heat have-- Wade is an NBA Finals MVP, and LeBron has been to the Finals. This is the first time the Bulls have been out of the first round in the Rose-era. Let's see if they are ready for the big stage and bright lights.

If fear of past accomplishments were all it took for a mental edge, the Lakers would still be playing.

& let's not forget that the the Bulls of 3-0. That's not nothing. especially considering the last time the Bulls and the Heat met, some Heat players were left crying.

I'm sure that reducing grown men to tears will offset any intimidation from the Heat players previous individual accomplishments..:oldlol:

Having the reigning MVP who actually believes in his teammates won't hurt either.

pauk
05-14-2011, 06:12 PM
:facepalm

Sarcastic
05-14-2011, 06:26 PM

Get off you fcking high horse. Bulls fans went just as nuts over Lebron as anyone else. At least New York didn't put up billboards asking him to come.

Eat Like A Bosh
05-14-2011, 07:50 PM
In other words, having LeBron is a nice bonus but we don't need him to win.

CHi1PriDe
05-14-2011, 08:39 PM
IMO, I think we would be a better team with lebron but that would take away from droses developement and esp lebron needing the ball all the time. One of the reasons why lebron didn't come to Chicago was because of his damn entourage, if they didn't agree to mj, why would they give into lebron :facepalm

I like where our team stands, we jus need a 2 guard that can make his own shots and defend.

LA_Showtime
05-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Who's LeBron James? Oh, that guy? He wouldn't have helped Chicago at all. He's not one of the best players of all-time, despite not winning a ring. He wasn't the two-time defending MVP. He hasn't shown the ability to single-handedly lead his squads to overachieve in the regular season. No way. He wouldn't help.

bada bing
05-14-2011, 11:36 PM
This bulls team would have been even better if they had actually gotten Bosh. Bosh was a biggest idiot in signing with the bulls actually. He could have had a 1-2 punch with rose but instead settled to be a supporting cast member. His loss.

asdf1990
05-25-2011, 10:51 AM
If fear of past accomplishments were all it took for a mental edge, the Lakers would still be playing.

& let's not forget that the the Bulls of 3-0. That's not nothing. especially considering the last time the Bulls and the Heat met, some Heat players were left crying.

I'm sure that reducing grown men to tears will offset any intimidation from the Heat players previous individual accomplishments..:oldlol:

Having the reigning MVP who actually believes in his teammates won't hurt either.

lol . so much fail.

Askmeificare
05-25-2011, 11:01 AM
Rose will get a ring before LBJ does and he'll do it without whoring himself out.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :lol :lol :lol

Harion
05-25-2011, 12:58 PM
if he believes in his teammates, he'd pass them the ball, yes?

clayton
05-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Yup. It's a good thing he didn't, or LeBron wouldn't get a chance to win a championship this year.

Noble6-AC45
05-25-2011, 01:12 PM
is so funny seeing what people tought back then

i wish every forum could do this

Askmeificare
05-25-2011, 02:34 PM
pwnd :pimp:

LebronGOAT
05-25-2011, 02:37 PM
It is funny people actually though Chicago would beat Miami.

Funny to see the Chicago fans on this board say "yes I am happy the best player in the NBA did not join our team"....:roll:

Askmeificare
05-25-2011, 02:39 PM
and just like that they disappear :dancin

Joey3000
05-25-2011, 06:52 PM
wow, this is just ether.

SIRI1
05-25-2011, 06:56 PM
This is what happens when hatred clouds your judgement :lol

step_back
05-25-2011, 07:02 PM
and just like that they disappear :dancin

You've spent the whole day bumping these kinds of threads and done nothing but post smilies and "U mad" pics. You don't have anything else to do?

Mr. Incredible
05-25-2011, 07:36 PM
haha FAiL!

Lebron23
05-23-2015, 12:43 AM
What an idiot.

LeBron with the Rose Bulls = multiple championship rings.

Human Error
05-23-2015, 04:38 AM
Give me a break. So you dodged Lebron. I mean, how can "not signing the best player in the world" ever be a good thing for your franchise? You Bulls fans are just a hilarious bunch of people.

Kobe_6/8
05-23-2015, 05:16 AM

LeBron has D-Rose on a leash.

Look at Rose jumping with full effort, while LeBron casually puts the ball out of his reach.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/022515_lbjrose.jpg