PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Western Conference Finals Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs Oklahoma City Thunder

28renyoy
05-16-2011, 02:56 AM
PREVIEW OF THUNDER-MAVERICKS. READ HERE: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7690

Dirk's post up game is nothing but fadeaway's, something Durant can negate with his lateral quickness+insane length/height. Is it just me or is Durant the perfect player to guard Dirk?

Clutch
05-16-2011, 03:00 AM
It's just you.

fos
05-16-2011, 03:10 AM
Dirk's post up game is nothing but fadeaway's, something Durant can negate with his lateral quickness+insane length/height. Is it just me or is Durant the perfect player to guard Dirk?

Dirk will back him down and they'd have to double him (and he's a willing passer). I think Dirk is going to have a great series regardless who is guarding him.

imdaman99
05-16-2011, 03:13 AM
I'm sure the Thunder will throw 10 diff guys at him just like the Mavs will throw on both Durant & Westbrook

Sarcastic
05-16-2011, 03:13 AM
Durant can't guard Dirk :lol :lol :lol

dunksby
05-16-2011, 03:14 AM
People should stop with this ignorant view of players' skill sets. Dirk is just fadeaways, Durant is a one dimensional jumpshooter, James only benefits from his athleticism, Wade can only slash and get whistles, Rose is nothing but a quick PG who only drives. Seriously if these guys were that predictable and one dimensional it would be easy for even an adequate defender to shut them down! If you are a superstar/All-star in the NBA, it takes much more than a tall defender with long arms to defend you.

Haymaker
05-16-2011, 03:14 AM
Dirk is unguardable

Samurai Swoosh
05-16-2011, 03:15 AM
Dirk can't guard Durant, either ... what's your point?

Durant faced the best defense he will see at the SF position this post season in Shane Battier and Tony Allen.

Shane Battier got in his mug before he could even touch the ball.

thomaspynchon
05-16-2011, 03:17 AM

Durant faced the best defense he will see at the SF position this post season in Shane Battier and Tony Allen.

Shane Battier got in his mug before he could even touch the ball.

Dirk can guard Durant much better than Durant can guard Dirk.

28renyoy
05-16-2011, 03:19 AM
:roll:

you're out of your fvcking mind.

durant would blow by dirk every possession, dirk would be shooting contested jumpers over durant who has a longer reach

imdaman99
Who gives Dirk the most trouble on defense? Any Mavs fan care to chime in? Shall we consult the Heat of 06 or Warriors of 07??

Samurai Swoosh
Ummm, no. Because Durant is a much better player off the dribble than Dirk has EVER been. Dirk can't handle the ball like Durant. Or attack the rim like Durant.

OmniStrife
05-16-2011, 03:20 AM
Dirk is unguardable.

thomaspynchon
05-16-2011, 03:22 AM
Ummm, no. Because Durant is a much better player off the dribble than Dirk has EVER been. Dirk can't handle the ball like Durant. Or attack the rim like Durant.

I guess another person will be proved wrong soon enough.

Soothing Layup
05-16-2011, 03:24 AM
Durant and Dirk are both very very hard to guard, dirk is better at shooting over people whereas Durant is better at everything else.

Nero Tulip
05-16-2011, 03:26 AM
Guarding Dirk is impossible.

thomaspynchon
05-16-2011, 03:27 AM
Durant and Dirk are both very very hard to guard, dirk is better at shooting over people whereas Durant is better at everything else.

dirk is a better passer, rebounder, defender...what is durant better at?

Sterlingsucks
05-16-2011, 03:28 AM
I would throw Thabo at him imo. quickness and his hard nosed D would make it difficult for him to shoot, yea he would get his jumper off BUT I think he would have help behind him in Perk and Ibaka if he got into the lane obviously with stars you have to send multiple players at him to give him different looks but that is the look I would like to see them give Dallas, or put Thabo on Jason Kidd or Jason Terry too.

Absolut Prince
05-16-2011, 03:45 AM
Dirk is far too strong for Durant... and besides... Ibaka will be guarding Dirk more than Durant will.

moaz
05-16-2011, 03:46 AM
relax, wait and enjoy the series.

small note:
Dirk must have been blessed with unbelievable number of luck shots and balls flying in his direction, since he could score about 25.700 points & grab 9500 rebounds (reg season + playoffs) despite being such a predictable and one dimensional player.

Durant is great player, but there is nothing special about his play. He is like many other great scorer from the past. He'll have his prime and then decline, because other great scorers will emerge. He isn't MJ.
Dirk in the other hand is very unique. I believe, he could play his game for another 3-4 years and his numbers would decrease only slightly.

and as many have said: no one can guard dirk.

28renyoy
05-16-2011, 03:47 AM

small note:
Dirk must have been blessed with unbelievable number of luck shots and balls flying in his direction, since he could score about 25.700 points & grab 9500 rebounds (reg season + playoffs) despite being such a predictable and one dimensional player.

Durant is great player, but there is nothing special about his play. He is like many other great scorer from the past. He'll have his prime and then decline, because other great scorers will emerge. He isn't MJ.
Dirk in the other hand is very unique. I believe, he could play his game for another 3-4 years and his numbers would decrease only slightly.

Yep, there have been a lot of 7' small forwards with the handle/shot of a guard in the past

thomaspynchon
05-16-2011, 03:49 AM

small note:

THIS. No need for this thread to go on any longer.

Samurai Swoosh
05-16-2011, 04:00 AM
I guess another person will be proved wrong soon enough.
Dirk's going to all of a sudden be a good dribbler? Huh?

:oldlol:

kentatm
05-16-2011, 04:24 AM
Yep, there have been a lot of 7' small forwards with the handle/shot of a guard in the past

since when is Durant 7 feet tall?

RoseCity07
05-16-2011, 05:38 AM
Durant played a triple overtime game and got only 1 foul.

No way that happens if he guards a guy like Dirk.

Floppy
05-16-2011, 06:14 AM
Dirk will back him down, create space and shoot over him like he's done with every big man who isn't significantly stronger than him. Why would someone who weighs **** all be a better defender than Ibaka?

The only player who's done a really good job against him was Chuck Hayes cause of his good footwork and the fact that Dirk couldn't move him 1 inch.

Pretty sure Durant won't guard Dirk and Dirk won't guard Durant.

Number21
05-16-2011, 10:08 AM

He was answering OPs question:

Is it just me or is Durant the perfect player to guard Dirk.

Go Getter
05-16-2011, 10:12 AM
This is a matchup that could make Durants legacy but alas, I don't think he has the chops to guard Dirk yet.

Go Getter
05-16-2011, 10:15 AM
since when is Durant 7 feet tall?
He's 6'11"....might as well say 7 feet

BarberSchool
05-16-2011, 10:52 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
It's just you.

Crown&Coke
05-16-2011, 11:30 AM

Dirk will back Durant right down into the baseline and lay it up. Please remember Durant is 220 lbs.

But Durant is still a monster. I don't see him checking Dirk for no more than 10 possessions (mostly on transistion defense or switches, not by design) the entire series with Ibaka and Collison at the 4, both guys can match Dirks footspeed down the court.

ThunderKat
05-16-2011, 11:34 AM
I think the real matchup problem will be with Westbrook.

ErhnamDjinn
05-16-2011, 11:40 AM
I think the real matchup problem will be with Westbrook.
so true, I dont see anyone guarding him, maybe Corey Brewer???? Or have Stevenson rotate?

SsKSpurs21
05-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Dirk is a beast. he is going to get his no matter what. him and durant are a wash. its going to come down to guard play and offensive rebounds.

kentatm
05-16-2011, 12:27 PM
He's 6'11"....might as well say 7 feet

:confusedshrug:

he is listed at 6'9

this reminds me of when people would say the Lakers have 3 seven footers. Um... No they don't. Lamar is 6'10.

05-16-2011, 12:34 PM
No Durant won't do any better job than anyone else has done so far on him. That said, lol @ them guarding Durant. Will be a fun series, but I think the Mavs will win if they can shoot anywhere like they did against LAL, IMO it's their series to blow.

dunksby
05-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Dirk cant be guarded, you cant shut him down like what we did to Zbo, but on the other end they dont have anyone to guard Durant either which makes it balanced. But Westbrook, Harden and to a small extent Maynor will have an easier time to get things done. Let Dirk get his points, Mavs dont have other offensive options, there is Terry who can be neutralized by Thabo and Harden.

Hawker
05-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Isn't there some youtube video out there where Durant said Dirk is easily the hardest player for him to guard in the NBA? I know it's been posted on here before.

Texas Chili Dog
05-16-2011, 01:27 PM
Individual matchups won't mean much. People are focusing too much on who is going to stop Durant...who's gonna stop Dirk. Who cares? The Mavs aren't a team full of terrific individual defenders. But the Mavs' overall team defense is top notch, indicated by the fact that they have not allowed more than 97 points in a game in the playoffs, and held the Lakers to less than 90 twice. Less talk should be made of who can't stop who individually and more on the team defense, which Dallas holds a huge advantage over OKC, specifically with the zone.

Kiddlovesnets
05-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Should be an easy sweep for Dallas. Tough game 1 and 3, but rout in game 2 and 4.
:applause:

kentatm
05-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Should be an easy sweep for Dallas. Tough game 1 and 3, but rout in game 2 and 4.
:applause:

Sweep? :lol

I'm guessing Mavs maybe in 6, probably 7.

ThunderKat
05-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Sweep? :lol

I'm guessing Mavs maybe in 6, probably 7.

Ignore him. He also kept saying in game 7 with a few minutes down that Memphis was about to come back. Not to mention, I think he was one of the trolls saying Memphis would sweep OKC after game 1. :facepalm

Kiddlovesnets
05-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Ignore him. He also kept saying in game 7 with a few minutes down that Memphis was about to come back. Not to mention, I think he was one of the trolls saying Memphis would sweep OKC after game 1. :facepalm

Well the way game 1 was played, most people would draw the conclusion that OKC should be lucky not to be swept. Still, you will have to admit Memphis is the better team, just lacks home court advantage.
:lol

Soothing Layup
05-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Well the way game 1 was played, most people would draw the conclusion that OKC should be lucky not to be swept. Still, you will have to admit Memphis is the better team, just lacks home court advantage.
:lol

The better team always wins the series, the team that wants it more always wins the series. If you truly believe something like homecourt is a big enough factor to dictate a series then you guys are sad... We are talking about PROFESSIONAL basketball players, these guys do this for a living. Homecourt only means so much...

alenleomessi
05-16-2011, 02:22 PM
OKC in 6

thomaspynchon
05-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Marion is going to lock up Durant. I find it very amusing that people think the Mavs have "no one to guard Durant" considering Dallas has locked up every elite swingman this season.

If you actually watched the games this season, Durant basically stat padded at the end of each game (and rather shamelessly, may I add) to get his FG % to around 50%

28renyoy
05-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Marion is going to lock up Durant. I find it very amusing that people think the Mavs have "no one to guard Durant" considering Dallas has locked up every elite swingman this season.

If you actually watched the games this season, Durant basically stat padded at the end of each game (and rather shamelessly, may I add) to get his FG % to around 50%

what a joke

What were Durant's averages were Dallas this year? He destroyed them

ThaSwagg3r
05-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Durant has a better chance defending Dirk than Dirk has defending Durant. I like OKC in 6 in this series. Westbrook is going to have to really burn Kidd though, which he is definitely capable of. Kidd does not have the quickness or athleticism what so ever to guard Westbrook at this point of his career.

Texas Chili Dog
05-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Durant has a better chance defending Dirk than Dirk has defending Durant. I like OKC in 6 in this series. Westbrook is going to have to really burn Kidd though, which he is definitely capable of. Kidd does not have the quickness or athleticism what so ever to guard Westbrook at this point of his career.

Which makes it even more likely Dallas will win the series. Why would OKC even want to put Durant on Dirk and get him in foul trouble?

28renyoy
05-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Which makes it even more likely Dallas will win the series. Why would OKC even want to put Durant on Dirk and get him in foul trouble?

Dirk would be crossed onto Durant on the other end of the court and Durant would wear him down.

Texas Chili Dog
05-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Dirk would be crossed onto Durant on the other end of the court and Durant would wear him down.

No way is Dirk ever going to guard Durant with the exception of a play or two here or there because he has to on a switch. If Dirk gets "worn down" (:oldlol:) it won't be because he was busy chasing Durant around.

kentatm
05-16-2011, 05:30 PM

what a joke

while I don't think he will lock Durant down, I do believe Marion will give Durant some trouble.

One thing I will say with certainty is that looking at Durant's averages vs Dallas this year do not really tell us anything.

All three of the games were played early in the season.

In game one, Butler was the starting SF and took Durant the majority of the game. On top of that, Marion played backup PF for long stretches next to Butler reducing chances to guard Durant even more.

In game two, Dirk hurt his knee about 12 minutes into the game forcing Marion to play the rest of the game as a PF.

In game three, both Dirk and Butler were out and Marion played nearly the entire game at PF with Stevenson mostly doing the defensive work which is not ideal considering he is only 6'5.

They will probably double him hard quite a bit along with some zone to try and goad Westbrook into dominating the ball with jumpers.

BTW, from DailyThunder.com (http://www.dailythunder.com/2011/05/western-conference-finals-preview-playing-with-house-money/)

SF: Clearly Kevin Durant has an advantage over Shawn Marion, but The Matrix has a pretty solid history of defending KD well. Marion has long arms and while he’s not going to bully Durant near as much as Shane Battier or Tony Allen, he is going to do well at keeping KD out of the paint. However, Butler had the task of checking KD most of the time. According to Synergy Sports, Marion defended Durant on only nine of the 48 shot attempts KD took in half-court sets.

NastaMaverick
05-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Mavs take this in 5, maybe 6

thomaspynchon
05-16-2011, 07:17 PM

what a joke

Not at all. If you actually watched the games, durant was like 7-17 and then in the last minute he went in for three uncontested dunks.

I'll say it again: shawn marion is going to hold durant to sub 40% shooting. People didn't believe my predictions this last series and they won't believe me again until they see it.

Marion is equally as long, much more athletic, much quicker, and stronger than Durant. he will hold Durant to a mediocre series.

Arti
05-16-2011, 07:18 PM
Isn't there some youtube video out there where Durant said Dirk is easily the hardest player for him to guard in the NBA? I know it's been posted on here before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR68Wn2XIOI

"Toughest cover in the league." - KD on Dirk

But the Mavs can't easily contain KD either. That's what makes these guys superstars. People also make the mistake of assuming that everything is 1-on-1, when team defense is more important than individual defense in reality. That being said, Marion and Brewer are both solid defenders who will probably see time on KD.

Cowboy Thunder
05-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Gonna be a great battle and hopefully the start of a new rivalry. :cheers:

Cowboy Thunder
05-16-2011, 08:17 PM
http://px9.funformobile.com/d/169/61/1fjdcjav7c/passing.gif

lebeast666
05-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Definately Dallas taking this in 6.

:rockon:

insidehoops
05-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Series preview: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7690

Texas Chili Dog
05-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Series preview: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7690

Just a heads up, from the preview:

The Mavericks have been here before. During the Dirk Nowitzki era, Dallas has reached the WCF in 2003 and 2006, both against the Spurs.

Spurs in 2003, but Suns in 2006.

TrueRob
05-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Dallas will take this series. No team has scored 100+ against Dallas in the postseason. Dallas took both games @OKC during the regular season. Their only loss to OKC came when Dirk was out injured.

ODEN>DURANT
05-17-2011, 03:23 AM
So much talk about Nowitzki-Durant when it's preety much going to be a wash. Although, in the final 6 minutes of the game, I take Nowitzki over Durant to close out games.

Who will guard Russell Westbrook for Dallas and will Westbrook play good Basketball and be the difference in the series, or will be be forced to shoot jumpers and be the ball hog again? That's a huge factor in the series. Westbrook has to be them man to win it for OKC with his pace and athletic ability..

Another thing is the bench ... Maynor vs Barea, Terry vs Harden, Stojakovic vs Cook, Haywood vs Mohammed. Dallas has an advantage hear.

Do people think Dallas will shoot the 3 as well as what they have against Portland and LA? That will be a massive factor, if they can get those open looks it will be a long series for OKC.

W

Go the Mavs!!!

LurkingFanboy
05-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Think Dallas wins it in 6 a few close games early unless this long layoff for the Mavericks didn't really bother their mentality and their rhythm. I know everybody was putting the LA series on LA faults more than Dallas' strengths but if Dallas plays like it has the last two series OKC is in trouble.

If they take care of the ball, execute on the offensive end that will limit OKC half court sets and play into the Dallas' strengths zone halfcourt defense. That happens I think Dallas will force OKC into making mistakes and I don't think OKC can endure making a large amount of mistakes against a team like Dallas.

If OKC can consistently force turnovers turn it into a game of up and back the Mavs will be pretty ragged even with all that rest by game 3 and it'll be all OKC from there on out.

But we'll see if the Mavs are rusty I'm picking them for tonight pretty handily though. I don't care how youthful OKC is it's gonna be tough turning around and playing a rested veteran club with possibly more top to bottom talent on their home court in front of what should be a nicely jacked up crowd.

IGOTGAME
05-17-2011, 10:15 AM

Westbrook is about to GO OFF!!!

I don't care how much cushion Kidd gives him, it won't work!

Thunder in 5.

DMAVS41
05-17-2011, 10:48 AM

Thunder in 5.

Its interesting because NBA history would show that teams with 2 all nba players are much more likely to win.

However, I think both the Mavs and Bulls are going to win. Normally I would go with the history of the NBA, but I feel differently this year.

We'll see how it plays out. I don't think the Thunder can win in 5 though. At least I hope not.

Jotaro Durant
05-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Head says Dallas in 6, heart says Thunder in 7.

Kiddlovesnets
05-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Come on guys, go to my Dallas vs Memphis thread...
:(

OKCThunderUP
05-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Head says Dallas in 6, heart says Thunder in 7.

+1

Kiddlovesnets
05-17-2011, 03:21 PM

Thunder in 5.

You cant be serious. Chances are Dallas in 4.

creepingdeath
05-17-2011, 03:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn401Usezxs

OUR
TIME
IS
NOW
!

LA_Showtime
05-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Looking forward to watching this game, but it just doesn't have the same flare or excitement as the Bulls/Heat series.

edhemsoccer
05-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Looking forward to watching this game, but it just doesn't have the same flare or excitement as the Bulls/Heat series.

:applause: Bulls/Heat series feels like a Finals.

ErhnamDjinn
05-17-2011, 05:43 PM
lol what now almost all the yahoo experts are picking the Mavs to win in atleast 6-7 games except for Wojnarowski who picks thunder in 5. I hope thats not a bad sign, because when everyone was picking the opponent the Mavs won, now there the favorites

Soothing Layup
05-17-2011, 05:43 PM
that's a bad omen

thomaspynchon
05-17-2011, 05:58 PM
lol what now almost all the yahoo experts are picking the Mavs to win in atleast 6-7 games except for Wojnarowski who picks thunder in 5. I hope thats not a bad sign, because when everyone was picking the opponent the Mavs won, now there the favorites

He picked Portland and LA to sweep Dallas.

ThunderKat
05-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Dallas will take this series. No team has scored 100+ against Dallas in the postseason. Dallas took both games @OKC during the regular season. Their only loss to OKC came when Dirk was out injured.

They hadn't done the Perkins trade then. I think OKC can win this series if they can force Dallas to run. If Westbrook can take over they could knock Dallas out in 5. If Westbrook struggles then I say OKC loses in 6. I really believe the fate of this team is in the hands of Westbrook.

thomaspynchon
05-17-2011, 06:34 PM
They hadn't done the Perkins trade then. I think OKC can win this series if they can force Dallas to run. If Westbrook can take over they could knock Dallas out in 5. If Westbrook struggles then I say OKC loses in 6. I really believe the fate of this team is in the hands of Westbrook.

OKC was better equipped to beat Dallas when it had Krstic. He could at least spread the floor with his shooting and put pressure on Dirk a bit, plus he and Westbrook had great chemistry together. Dallas doesn't really have penetrating guard play so perkins isn't helpful defensively and he is equally as helpless on defense vs Dirk as Krstic.

icewill36
05-17-2011, 06:38 PM
OKC was better equipped to beat Dallas when it had Krstic. He could at least spread the floor with his shooting and put pressure on Dirk a bit, plus he and Westbrook had great chemistry together. Dallas doesn't really have penetrating guard play so perkins isn't helpful defensively and he is equally as helpless on defense vs Dirk as Krstic.

you must be on drugs if you really believe that. kristic sucks

okc needed a physical presence who could rebound and let ibaka roam the paint. they are better on both ends of the floor since the trade, especially when harden is in.

thomaspynchon
05-17-2011, 06:45 PM
you must be on drugs if you really believe that. kristic sucks

okc needed a physical presence who could rebound and let ibaka roam the paint. they are better on both ends of the floor since the trade, especially when harden is in.

It's a horrible matchup right now for OKCs bigs. If they were playing LA I'd agree with you. But Dirk and Chandler are a horrendous matchup on both ends for your team.

ThunderKat
05-17-2011, 07:05 PM

Krstic is super soft. Plus, when Green left Ibaka got a lot better. I'm just saying you can't compare those prior wins when there were other players involved.

Westbrook could give Dallas fits if he attacks the rim and forces the Mavs to run.

thomaspynchon
05-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Krstic is super soft. Plus, when Green left Ibaka got a lot better. I'm just saying you can't compare those prior wins when there were other players involved.

Westbrook could give Dallas fits if he attacks the rim and forces the Mavs to run.

I think Dallas held Westbrook to his worst stats this season of any team he faced. Chandler's athleticism is the difference maker.

The guy from OKC who is going to win it for you is Harden. if he plays well, OKC can definitely win.

icewill36
05-17-2011, 07:19 PM
It's a horrible matchup right now for OKCs bigs. If they were playing LA I'd agree with you. But Dirk and Chandler are a horrendous matchup on both ends for your team.

i honestly dont think the matchup is as tough as gasol and randolph.

dirk does not play down low and will shoot jumpers most of the time. believe it or not, dirk CAN be bothered and does have off shooting nights. have we forgot dirk in the golden state series and how he was locked up by 6'7 - 6'8 athletic players ?? the swarming defense really bothered him, and thats what OKC does with all those athletes.

even if its a bad matchup for okc bigs, its an even worse matchup for the mav backcourt.

westbrook, harden, durant >>>>>>>>>>>> kidd, stevenson, marion

hell it almost reminds me of the advantage golden state had in the backcourt with davis, richardson, and jackson, and we see how that turned out.

thomaspynchon
05-17-2011, 07:25 PM
i honestly dont think the matchup is as tough as gasol and randolph.

dirk does not play down low and will shoot jumpers most of the time. believe it or not, dirk CAN be bothered and does have off shooting nights. have we forgot dirk in the golden state series and how he was locked up by 6'7 - 6'8 athletic players ?? the swarming defense really bothered him, and thats what OKC does with all those athletes.

even if its a bad matchup for okc bigs, its an even worse matchup for the mav backcourt.

westbrook, harden, durant >>>>>>>>>>>> kidd, stevenson, marion

hell it almost reminds me of the advantage golden state had in the backcourt with davis, richardson, and jackson, and we see how that turned out.

GS did well because they had a guy on Dirk ever time he made a spin. It has nothing to do with stephen jackson, all he did was front Dirk.

There';s no point in arguing this because in three hours or so there will be a blowout of your team

dirkdiggler41
05-17-2011, 07:28 PM
The matchups as I see them
Perkins<Chandler = Perkins is a awesome post defender. Chandler is not a post up center, he is a hustler and is a lot quicker then Perkins. Watch out of ally-oops! Perkins is not really a good rebounder either. Chandler should get some offensive rebound. Perkins is for me just a big body in this series.
Ibaka<Dirk = Ibaka is a great shotblocker with length. The problem is that Dirk is one of the best pumpfakers in the NBA. Like most shotblockers, Ibaka jumps a lot on pumpfakes. Dirk is just to experienced for Ibaka. Ibaka will get his on offense.
Durant>Marion = Durant is a great shooter, even with a hand in his face. Marion is quick and athletic. Imo. The reason why Durant wins this match-up is because he is just a great player who will score. The problem is that he has to guard Marion compared to Battier and Tony Allen.
Sefolosha/Harden = Stevenson/Terry = No match up winner
Westbrook>>>Kidd = West is just to fast for Kidd. Kidd is not a huge scorer. This is defentley a win for the Thunder, but I dont see Kidd guarding him. I think we will see Terry and Stevenson on him. I also the zone being a bigger part of this round,

KevinNYC
05-17-2011, 09:02 PM
I honestly don't know how this series is going to go. I could see 7 games and could see a sweep. I don't have a feel for how the matchups will play out.

Gundress
05-17-2011, 09:07 PM
Mavericks gonna win the series.

I wish Memphis Grizzlies vs Dallas Mavericks.

blacknapalm
05-17-2011, 09:08 PM
take a shot for every time you hear, 'greatest shooting 7 footer of all-time/ever'

creepingdeath
05-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Go Mavs!

28renyoy
05-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Durant pulling a Dirk :pimp:

melih69
05-17-2011, 09:11 PM
double tech lol

creepingdeath
05-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Dirk doing work!

KevinNYC
05-17-2011, 09:13 PM
bad news for okc if dirk's dunking

creepingdeath
05-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Wowwwwww!

OriginalNameGuy
05-17-2011, 09:14 PM
DIIIIIIIIIIRK!

doing work!:pimp:

ThunderKat
05-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Double up on Dirk and make Dallas beat you with the rest of their team.

GOBB
05-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Dirk just did what he should have done vs GSW first rd. :applause:

Get em Dirk, get emmmmm :bowdown:

28renyoy
05-17-2011, 09:20 PM
OKC just has the better team, period.

Gundress
Dirk just did what he should have done vs GSW first rd. :applause:

Get em Dirk, get emmmmm :bowdown:

There's a thread for this game 1.

Dirk in god mode.

ThunderKat
Dallas can't run with this team. Just keep forcing the ball down the floor, because they are really slow.

SCdac
05-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Durant just flew right by Dirk... defense was almost non-existent on that fast break

NBASTATMAN
05-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Dirk vs Durant :applause:

two OF THE most efficient forwards in the league...

KevinNYC
05-17-2011, 09:51 PM
So far we have had a Dallas run followed by an OKC run and Dallas run again.

Durant and Westbrook are coming back in. Let's see if Dallas hangs with them

dbugz
05-17-2011, 10:01 PM
KP bringing toughness to this young team :pimp:

Miserio
05-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Dallas without Dirk is such a sucky team

dbugz
05-17-2011, 10:06 PM
WTF is westbrook doing? Move the ball fckn ballhog!

dbugz
05-17-2011, 10:09 PM
That's what happened when you aint moving the ball. Durant and Westbrook are playing again 1on1 basketball :facepalm

blacknapalm
05-17-2011, 10:10 PM
first team to 100 will win. dirk is beasting

KevinNYC
05-17-2011, 10:10 PM
So far we have had a Dallas run followed by an OKC run and Dallas run again.

Durant and Westbrook are coming back in. Let's see if Dallas hangs with them

Then another OKC run followed by Dallas run.

Holy Mackerel, what shot by Notwitski over Collison

KevinNYC
05-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Chandler showing why Dallas looks for real this year. Two great blocks.

GatorKid117
05-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Perkins is such an abomination in the post. He should never get it.

Stat & Melo
05-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Perkins is ****ing useless on offense :roll:

blacknapalm
05-17-2011, 10:14 PM
phantom foul

dbugz
05-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Last 7 minutes of 2nd quarter.

Westbrook: Dribble..... Dribble..... Dribble..... Dribble..... Dribble..... Dribble..... Dribble..... Dribble..... Dribble..... Dribble..... Dribble..... Jackup shot....... Missed

Back on defense! Mavs made shot!

Westbrook: Dribble..... Dribble..... Dribble..... Dribble..... Dribble..... Dribble..... Dribble..... Dribble..... Dribble..... Dribble..... Dribble..... Jackup shot....... Missed

:facepalm :facepalm

KevinNYC
05-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Dunno if it was just them getting back into rhythm after resting for a while, but Dallas was looking much, much better in that second quarter.

Better Defense. Chandler playing with great energy. Threes started going down.

blacknapalm
05-17-2011, 10:43 PM
westbrook is playing horrible and mark jackson is talking him up? wrong time to jock ride

-playmaker-
05-17-2011, 10:55 PM
Marion with the sick block...good stuff matrix

-playmaker-
05-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Dirk is sicker than an AIDs patient tonight

KevinNYC
05-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Dirk goes glass! 31 points!

1987_Lakers
05-17-2011, 10:57 PM
My God, Dirk is amazing.

Jasper
05-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Just a weird feeling Dallas could do it in 5.

(T Chandler got to think in the finals playing against his old Bulls... ironic if it goes down)

OriginalNameGuy
05-17-2011, 11:02 PM
Dirk silencing all his critics with another masterful performance
:rockon: :rockon:

wang4three
05-17-2011, 11:03 PM
D-Whistle

gregboy55
05-17-2011, 11:06 PM
dont look at dirk u guys... they'll call a foul on ya

johndough
05-17-2011, 11:06 PM
D-Whistle

Just an awful foul call.

crawdaddy4ou
05-17-2011, 11:07 PM
Dirk is a *****. Call the game like the Memphis series. They can't even touch him, or its a foul.

crawdaddy4ou
05-17-2011, 11:08 PM
**** Dirk. OKC is gonna wear them out if the refs give em a chance in this series. Dirk is all they got.

KevinNYC
05-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Oklahoma City has that look of a team where nothing is going right. Terry buries a three as I type.

Miserio
05-17-2011, 11:13 PM
Dirk is a *****. Call the game like the Memphis series. They can't even touch him, or its a foul.
Those were all fouls, do you ever play basketball?

Kingwillball
05-17-2011, 11:13 PM
Wow Watching how nice of an offense Dallas Runs compared Miami it is like Night and Day.. Neither of these teams are as Good as Bulls or Heat on D but Dallas has Dirk(the best player in the series) and a bunch of other guys who can knock down Shots..

LurkingFanboy
05-17-2011, 11:15 PM
OK seriously if they swallow the whistle Dirk is still going to shoot over the dudes on him. If they swallow the whistle and Dallas' bigs start mugging Westbrook and Durant and getting no calls in the lane who do you think is going to have it worse? Just hope you guys get the same home cooking in OKC is about all you can hope for don't think you want an uglied up series. Jet is a dirty player after all hate to see him punch durant in the jewels like he did finley

crawdaddy4ou
05-17-2011, 11:19 PM
WOW...If I was Scott Brooks, I would send in a player and show em a damn foul.

HEAT111
05-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Mike Breen needs to lower down the volume on his mic...

KevinNYC
05-17-2011, 11:21 PM
thomaspynchon is going to shit when wakes up and sees Dirk's stats.

Reverend Hoops
05-17-2011, 11:21 PM
**** Dirk. OKC is gonna wear them out if the refs give em a chance in this series. Dirk is all they got.

It's not like Durant/Westbrook haven't been getting calls.

crawdaddy4ou
05-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Okay, if you wanna call those ticky tack fouls, then watch Dirk's feet. Tell me thats not a travel.

creepingdeath
05-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Crawford has been evenly bad. It's not like the Mavs are running away with freethrow after freethrow, OKC has shot only 1 less.

crawdaddy4ou
05-17-2011, 11:29 PM
This one is going 7.

widowmaker
05-17-2011, 11:31 PM
About time they put Westbrook on Bera

Jasper
05-17-2011, 11:32 PM
We need to let the series play out , but something to think about :

If this type of high volume scoring goes throughout the series, Dallas could be waiting another week (rested) waiting for their next opponent who is beaten up and worn out :oldlol:

Sroek
05-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Rofl @ JVG: "If I'm Serge Ibaka, I'm naming my first son Dirk."

KevinNYC
05-17-2011, 11:53 PM
19 seconds left. I bet Dirk gets fouled and gets 50.

KevinNYC
05-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Man that was a quiet 40 points that Durant dropped.

LurkingFanboy
05-17-2011, 11:56 PM
I find it funny this was posted right before JJ Barea goes off on them in the 3rd. :lol

creepingdeath
05-18-2011, 12:10 AM
http://i53.tinypic.com/2mfdvsg.gif

BankShot
05-18-2011, 12:13 AM
Yikes 79 freethrows??? Sounds awful. :facepalm

DirkNowitzki41
05-18-2011, 12:15 AM
dirk is like jesus

ProfessorMurder
05-18-2011, 12:37 AM
http://i53.tinypic.com/2mfdvsg.gif