PDA

View Full Version : David Kahn hints that lottery is rigged

FireDavidKahn
05-17-2011, 11:58 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2011/news/story?id=6560322

"This league has a habit, and I am just going to say habit, of producing some pretty incredible story lines. Last year it was Abe Pollin's widow and this year it was a 14-year-old boy ... We were done. I told Kevin: 'We're toast.' This is not happening for us and I was right."

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN

BankShot
05-17-2011, 11:59 PM

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN

Conspiracy theories aside.... he has a point, albeit a far-fetched one.

Regardless, as a Wolves fan I'm totally fine with the #2 pick in the draft.

It will be interesting because Williams is the clear-cut #2 pick, and we have no need for him.

Bring on the offers.

noob cake
05-17-2011, 11:59 PM

100k fine coming up.

GOBB
05-18-2011, 12:00 AM
Kahn wanted to draft another PG. Awwwww :(

:roll:

Meticode
05-18-2011, 12:00 AM
Kahn still mad at drafting Rubio and Flynn and f*cking up his draft. :oldlol:

ReturnofJPR
05-18-2011, 12:02 AM
Watch him get fined $100,000 tomorrow. But he is right. Cleveland got their hometown (well Akron) product. Chicago gets their true hometown kid. Stern screws the Celtics for tanking a few years back. Now the Cavs get #1 and #4 (which was the true sign of a rigged NBA draft as it would have been more believable if the Cavs had gotten the #1 overall pick with 9 or wherever the Clipps were slotted). David Stern does rig the lottery and he has for years. There is video evidence before ping pong balls were ever used and it was just the actual envelopes turned in a large clear canister as David Stern "blindly" picked the envelopes one by one.

FireMcFailPlease
05-18-2011, 12:08 AM
its super rigged. do it live and all will be fine.

yea, you think its possible after 14 lottery tries, the twolves get 0 first overall picks...and 0 times they actually move up into the top 3?? lmao

FireMcFailPlease
05-18-2011, 12:14 AM
whos the new wolves fan with a similar name? get the hell out of here

BankShot
05-18-2011, 12:17 AM

Rubio is still an asset.... if he wants to play in the NBA, and make NBA-money, he'll do it as a T-Wolf or through the FO of Minnesota.

As for Flynn... yeah it was a poor choice.... but I see him having a productive season when healthy. He may not be a franchise-cornerstone PG, but off the bench he could be crucial to a good team.

Bobby Jackson anyone??

BarberSchool
05-18-2011, 12:18 AM
http://www.overclock.net/attachments/software-news/117607d1248648911-cnet-palm-re-enables-itunes-syncing-oh_snap.gif

Yids aren't supposed to snitch on other yids.
That ain't Kosher. :(

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_n7RltmTdk-g/TSMZYKBik8I/AAAAAAAAZCo/1YD5H5IKoCU/s1600/Jonathan%2BPollard.jpg

BankShot

Yawn. True T-Wolves fans are few and far between. Either be a gimmick or a fan. You can't be both. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Soundwave
Orlando getting back to back no.1 picks in the 90s to get Shaq + Webber (parlayed into Penny) was probably the most suspicious.

ProfessorMurder

Don't worry, he'll still pick up a few PGs.

hawkfan
05-18-2011, 12:19 AM
Minnesota should draft the center from Turkey to round out their front line.

BankShot
its super rigged. do it live and all will be fine.

yea, you think its possible after 14 lottery tries, the twolves get 0 first overall picks...and 0 times they actually move up into the top 3?? lmao

Again.... yawn.

Look at the odds.

Sure the Wolves moved down.... but there was a 75% chance the Wolves didn't get the #1 pick

This is coming from a big-time Woofies fan. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ReturnofJPR

Yeah, you know something is wrong with that team when all of its posters begin their moniker with fire so and so. The Wolves have been stuck in limbo since they traded away KG. But that limbo is more like a purgatory if you believe in Catholicism.

BarberSchool
05-18-2011, 12:20 AM
its super rigged. do it live and all will be fine.True.
I think fans like unpredictability.
As well as liking to watch the balls roll out.

KevinNYC
05-18-2011, 12:20 AM
http://www.overclock.net/attachments/software-news/117607d1248648911-cnet-palm-re-enables-itunes-syncing-oh_snap.gif

Yids aren't supposed to snitch on other yids.
That ain't Kosher. :(

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_n7RltmTdk-g/TSMZYKBik8I/AAAAAAAAZCo/1YD5H5IKoCU/s1600/Jonathan%2BPollard.jpg

Wow, that is anti-Semitic. ISH continually surprises me.

BankShot
05-18-2011, 12:21 AM
Minnesota should draft the center from Turkey to round out their front line.

The more I read about.... and watch via YouTube... the more I like the idea of Kanter as a T-Wolf.

Maybe its just my predisposition towards post-play.... but if the Wolves can trade Derrick Williams for an asset or two, PLUS Kanter... then I'd say go the f*ck for it.

Kblaze8855
05-18-2011, 12:21 AM

Its very very very very easy. The worst team has a 75% chance of not getting the top pick. Minny has only been the worst what? 3 times? If that. most of the time its unlikely as hell they get the best pick. ITs always unlikely. But sometimes shit happens. ESPN used to have that little lottery predictor tool that would do it by the real life odds. When they were waiting to see who Lebron would go to. You could do that shit 15 times and only see a bottom 2-3 team win once or twice. Its random as hell.

Meticode
05-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Rubio is still an asset.... if he wants to play in the NBA, and make NBA-money, he'll do it as a T-Wolf or through the FO of Minnesota.

As for Flynn... yeah it was a poor choice.... but I see him having a productive season when healthy. He may not be a franchise-cornerstone PG, but off the bench he could be crucial to a good team.

Bobby Jackson anyone??
I'm sorry, I just don't see Rubio being an asset. He was drafted almost two years ago. Still is in Spain and arguably has gotten worse since he was drafted. I'm sorry, I looked at his stats and they're freakin garbage man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Rubio#European_professional_club_career_stat istics

BarberSchool
Wow, that is anti-Semitic. ISH continually surprises me.Who you tellin, son?

BankShot
Yeah, you know something is wrong with that team when all of its posters begin their moniker with fire so and so. The Wolves have been stuck in limbo since they traded away KG. But that limbo is more like a purgatory if you believe in Catholicism.

For the record, there are rationale yet optimistic T-Wolves fans.

Sure, there are most likely only one or two on ISH.... but believe me we do exist.

Kurosawa0
Why did Blake go to the Clippers? John Wall to the Wizards?

Why did the Celtics draw #5 in 2007 and miss out on Oden or Durant?

Why did the Knicks miss out on LeBron, Chris Paul, Derrick Rose and Blake Griffin when they could've moved up?

If the draft is fixed, the NBA does a pretty bad job.

InspiredLebowski
05-18-2011, 12:23 AM
The more I read about.... and watch via YouTube... the more I like the idea of Kanter as a T-Wolf.

Maybe its just my predisposition towards post-play.... but if the Wolves can trade Derrick Williams for an asset or two, PLUS Kanter... then I'd say go the f*ck for it.Kanter allegedly has knee troubles. I can't find much more than "knee issues" so it could easily be bullshit, I'm jus'sayin

flipogb
05-18-2011, 12:25 AM
as soon as I saw the kid and the Cavs logo in front of him, I knew they had the #1 pick. but not cause the league is rigged but because of luck or religion or whatever you want to call it which I guess is really just as silly

BankShot
05-18-2011, 12:26 AM
I'm sorry, I just don't see Rubio being an asset. He was drafted almost two years ago. Still is in Spain and arguably has gotten worse since he was drafted. I'm sorry, I looked at his stats and they're freakin garbage man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Rubio#European_professional_club_career_stat istics

Granted I haven't seen enough game footage to make an educated assessment of Rubio's current state.... but there are in fact plenty of media members that are far more qualified than myself that have said that Euro-stats translate in a different way to the NBA.

I'm not saying that Rubio's value is what it was two years ago... but I remain strong in the position that if Ricky Rubio wants to play against NBA players, and most importantly make NBA dollaz.... he will do so through the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Whether it be via a trade before he plays an NBA minute, or before the trade deadline in his first year in the NBA.... if he wants NBA action, it will be through the Wolves.

flipogb
05-18-2011, 12:26 AM

Why did the Knicks miss out on LeBron, Chris Paul, Derrick Rose and Blake Griffin when they could've moved up?

the Knicks are always the best example when claiming that the NBA is NOT rigged , and Its hard to argue against it

BankShot
05-18-2011, 12:27 AM

People claim conspiracy... yet outside of a few outliers, it simply doesn't add up.

KevinNYC
05-18-2011, 12:28 AM
Who you tellin, son?
Uh, you son. The guy who posted the Jonathan Pollard photo in an NBA thread.

BankShot
05-18-2011, 12:28 AM
Kanter allegedly has knee troubles. I can't find much more than "knee issues" so it could easily be bullshit, I'm jus'sayin

Like I said... i'm no more than an internet-fan with limited resources on the enigma that is Kanter.

With that said, he's big, he's not un-athletic, and he's definitely skilled for his size. :confusedshrug:

GOBB
05-18-2011, 12:30 AM
So the lottery process is rigged because it doesnt play out how a fan wants it too? :oldlol:

I wanted Toronto to win the lottery. They ended up going back further then they were originally slotted to be. RIGGED!

Stop with the nonsense. And how is it rigged when Minnesota is drafting #2 overall anyway? What you wanted a shot at...Kyrie Irving? Oh wait, the #1 pick fetches so much more value than the #2 pick. Even tho its a weak draft and front office peeps have all but said this in the media this past season.

But yeah its rigged because for once a fan just wanted to scream for joy its team selected #1. In a weak draft at that, one of the weakest in a long time.

I wish Stern would take Cleveland pick from them and give it to Kahn. There you go Wolves fans. Now pick because we all want to laugh.

InspiredLebowski
05-18-2011, 12:34 AM
Like I said... i'm no more than an internet-fan with limited resources on the enigma that is Kanter.

With that said, he's big, he's not un-athletic, and he's definitely skilled for his size. :confusedshrug:Agreed, I'm the same. On one hand he's the myth that Calipari recruitment and Kentucky whining built, on the other he's Andrew Bogut 2.0, which is pretty damn good. I just honestly don't know anything about him. Yeah there's scouting reports and all that and they help, but I've literally never seen the guy outside of YouTube, and I'd wager a good number of actual NBA scouts haven't yet either. Scouts and GMs have their work REALLY cut out for them this year. Draft boards are going to vary more than ever.

DetroitPiston
05-18-2011, 12:40 AM
Dear Mr. Kahn,

A lottery is just that. A lottery. It's luck and chance. With that said, would you mind trading us for your #2 pick? We know you'll just waste it by picking two of the same players regardless of where you're picking.

P.S. How is the best passing big man since Vlade Divac working out? :oldlol:

Warners0
05-18-2011, 12:41 AM
The T-Wolves have no reason to complain the best player Enes Kanter will be available if they don't take him then they are idiots.

BarberSchool
05-18-2011, 12:52 AM
Uh, you son. The guy who posted the Jonathan Pollard photo in an NBA thread. Omert

KevinNYC
05-18-2011, 12:55 AM
[QUOTE=BarberSchool]Omert

Patrick Chewing
05-18-2011, 12:58 AM

No shit. Dude can have a pretty good team if maybe he spent a little money on a free agent or two.

His crying is without merit.

BarberSchool
05-18-2011, 12:58 AM
you're out of your ****ing mind.I'm sorry you feel that way. Would you care to explain why you feel that way? You can do it either publicly or via PM. Either way, I would really like to know why you feel that way? Do you feel I'm not your brother, if indeed you too are a Yid ?

Stern has been fixing drafts since the frozen envelope that brought Ewing to the Knicks. It's awesome to see Kahn say this, even though it will hurt his pockets. Kahn may not be a great exec, but he has chutzpah you could only dream of.

InspiredLebowski
05-18-2011, 01:02 AM
David Khan's had the #5, #6, #18, #28, a #4, and a #16, along with taking on an ex-#2 overall for peanuts. In 2 years.

Forgive me, but if you can't build a foundation out of that, it's not things being rigged. It's you being bad at your job. Stop bitching and get smarter.

KevinNYC
05-18-2011, 01:05 AM
I'm sorry you feel that way. Would you care to explain why you feel that way? You can do it either publicly or via PM. Either way, I would really like to know why you feel that way? Do you feel I'm not your brother, if indeed you too are a Yid ?

Stern has been fixing drafts since the frozen envelope that brought Ewing to the Knicks. It's awesome to see Kahn say this, even though it will hurt his pockets. Kahn may not be a great exec, but he has chutzpah you could only dream of.

Show me evidence of this "omerta" you claim.

BarberSchool
05-18-2011, 01:26 AM
Show me evidence of this "omerta" you claim.Can't prove a negative brother.

I know why you find my post so harsh, but I used each word and photo the way I did for maximum impact. Down to a German Goy from a volkswagen commercial being shocked. Like I said, Kahn may have a terrible eye for talent, and not be very good at his job, but I really appreciate him speaking his mind. You must admit, these manufactured storylines don't happen every single year, but they are too many, too numerous, and too "Hollywood" to happen to be happenstance.

Btw, are you familiar with the movie "Blue Chips" ?

KevinNYC
05-18-2011, 01:36 AM
So you're not a goy having a knee-jerk negative reaction because the two people involved are Jewish, you're a Jew, or Yid as you put it having a knee-jerk negavtive reaction because the two people involved are Jewish.

I stand by what I said. You're out of your ****ing mind.

BarberSchool
05-18-2011, 01:40 AM
So you're not a goy having a knee-jerk negative reaction because the two people involved are Jewish, you're a Jew, or Yid as you put it having a knee-jerk negavtive reaction because the two people involved are Jewish.

I stand by what I said. You're out of your ****ing mind.Far from it. To quote KRS, I'm quite rational. Here's a pertinent little snack for your knee jerk reaction to my post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WME1fBina6o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The whole scene is applicable, but Particularly Happy Wiesenthal and the quote about 7:25 in..."You took the purest thing in your life, and corrupted it, and for what?"

shadow
05-18-2011, 01:41 AM
they should take note and send a blind, quadriplegic kid to represent them next year.

KevinNYC
05-18-2011, 01:41 AM
Also I had no idea that David Kahn was Jewish until you mentioned it. It's not the first thing on most people's minds.

LA_Showtime
05-18-2011, 01:42 AM
The Wolves caught a break. They got enough point guards.

BarberSchool
05-18-2011, 01:47 AM
Also I had no idea that David Kahn was Jewish until you mentioned it. It's not the first thing on most people's minds.Any fellow Jew would recognize:
DAVID and KAHN (not khan).

I now stand by what I said...lol
"Who you tellin son?"

LBJ4MVP23
05-18-2011, 01:49 AM
But what do they do with Williams when Beasley is balling? He is meant to play the 3 imo and coming off the bench would suck for a guy of his talent.

Can he be a monster 2-guard?

LA_Showtime
05-18-2011, 01:52 AM
But what do they do with Williams when Beasley is balling? He is meant to play the 3 imo and coming off the bench would suck for a guy of his talent.

Can he be a monster 2-guard?

It's Minnesota. They'll probably draft a point guard, and trade Kevin Love for the 3rd pick and draft another one.

KevinNYC
05-18-2011, 01:54 AM
Any fellow Jew would recognize:
DAVID and KAHN (not khan).

I now stand by what I said...lol
"Who you tellin son?"

Kahn is also a German name, so why would I assume that David Kahn is Jewish.

Kahn is a German surname. Kahn is the German word for a small boat. It is also a Germanized form of the Jewish surname Cohen, another variant of which is Cahn.

You're still touched in the head.

BarberSchool
05-18-2011, 01:57 AM
Kahn is also a German name, so why would I assume that David Kahn is Jewish.His first name is DAVID and he's a LAWYER. You lose.

LA_Showtime
05-18-2011, 01:58 AM
His first name is DAVID and he's a LAWYER. You lose.

What the **** are you on about? His last name can indicate he's a jew too, moron. :oldlol: And can lawyers not be jews anymore?

Meticode
05-18-2011, 01:58 AM
The Wolves caught a break. They got enough point guards.
I never thought about it like that... :oldlol:

BarberSchool
05-18-2011, 02:01 AM
Stern made the bed.
Now he must lay in it, uncomfortably.
Meddling and hindering in such obvious and Hollywood ways every few years is reputation suicide. This story will get some traction, because there obviously is a strong fiber of truth to it.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-05-18/david-kahn-accuses-nba-of-rigging-lottery

LA_Showtime
05-18-2011, 02:02 AM
Stern made the bed.
Now he must lay in it, uncomfortably.
Meddling and hindering in such obvious and Hollywood ways every few years is reputation suicide. This story will get some traction, because there obviously is a strong fiber of truth to it.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-05-18/david-kahn-accuses-nba-of-rigging-lottery

Did anyone watch Stern's interview? The guy is just a huge prick. His ego's the size of the earth.

UtahJazzFan88
05-18-2011, 02:02 AM
Honestly, I really hope Kahn takes Kanter, I would be ****ing happy, then the Jazz could potentially have Derrick Williams play SF. If not, then let's get Brandon Knight.

BarberSchool
05-18-2011, 02:03 AM
What the **** are you on about? His last name can indicate he's a jew too, moron. :oldlol: And can lawyers not be jews anymore?We already covered that with my spelling of Kahn and Khan, dude.

KevinNYC
05-18-2011, 02:04 AM
What the **** are you on about? His last name can indicate he's a jew too, moron. :oldlol: And can lawyers not be jews anymore?

No he's arguing I should have immediately thought David Kahn was Jewish.

He likes jumping to conclusions and thinks we all should. He likes employing anti-Semitic tropes as well even though he's Jewish.

Yes, I lose, for never worrying about David Kahn's ethnicity or religion. You got me there, smart guy.

Also my brother-in-law is German and not Jewish and named David. I also don't know anything else about David Kahn's background. He could have been one these Kahn's (http://www.kahns.com/lm_Prod_P_16.html)

BarberSchool
05-18-2011, 02:05 AM
Did anyone watch Stern's interview? The guy is just a huge prick. His ego's the size of the earth.He really is an awful, awful person. His existence and prerogative are truly a sad example of some of the worst aspects amongst unpunished immorality in humanity.

KevinNYC
05-18-2011, 02:08 AM
Nope, just a jackass.

BarberSchool
05-18-2011, 02:11 AM
No he's arguing I should have immediately thought David Kahn was Jewish.

He likes jumping to conclusions and thinks we all should. He likes employing anti-Semitic tropes as well even though he's Jewish.

Yes, I lose, for never worrying about David Kahn's ethnicity or religion. You got me there, smart guy.

Also my brother-in-law is German and not Jewish and named David. I also don't know anything else about David Kahn's background. He could have been one these Kahn's (http://www.kahns.com/lm_Prod_P_16.html)You obviously dislike my admiration of Kahn having the chutzpah to levy such a just and fair allegation against David Stern. You know our father's generation has a Yetzer Hora way stronger than ours, and they gave soiled our name so badly that it seems beyond repair. Maybe in New York it's nit as obvious, but have you noticed that both liberals and conservative goyim have really grown extraordinarily aware of our cr@p, and that we really have to straighten up and be righteous?

Kahn's motivations may be selfish, but the act itself is a strong avocational step towards justice in my favorite sport, which has been ruined by far too much of the exact type of meddling hindrance so very exemplified by this latest phony, manufactured feel good Hollywood story. Stern is using Gilbert's son like a tool, and it's really atrociously disgusting to use disabled children like that.

BarberSchool
05-18-2011, 02:14 AM
Nope, just a jackass.If David Stern were merely a jack@ss, this thread wouldn't exist. Stern is an intelligent man, who is morally reprehensible. He erodes the NBA's and basketball culture's credibility further with each manufactured event.

KevinNYC
05-18-2011, 02:16 AM
You obviously dislike my admiration of Kahn having the chutzpah to levy such a just and fair allegation against David Stern. You know our father's generation has a Yetzer Hora way stronger than ours, and they gave soiled our name so badly that it seems beyond repair. Maybe in New York it's nit as obvious, but have you noticed that both liberals and conservative goyim have really grown extraordinarily aware of our cr@p, and that we really have to straighten up and be righteous?
Yeah, yeah, it's a shander far die kinder.

Also I'm not Jewish.

Kahn's motivations may be selfish, but the act itself is a strong avocational step towards justice in my favorite sport, which has been ruined by far too much of the exact type of meddling hindrance so very exemplified by this latest phony, manufactured feel good Hollywood story. Stern is using Gilbert's son like a tool, and it's really atrociously disgusting to use disabled children like that.

So David Stern is Jonathan Pollard in your head?

UtahJazzFan88
05-18-2011, 02:18 AM
Honestly, I know this is going to get hate, and I don't really agree with Kahn, but I think it's sorta retarded that we have team representatives, just force every team to bring their GM, I'm just not a huge fan of the guilt case even if it had no effect.

InspiredLebowski
05-18-2011, 02:23 AM
Honestly, I know this is going to get hate, and I don't really agree with Kahn, but I think it's sorta retarded that we have team representatives, just force every team to bring their GM, I'm just not a huge fan of the guilt case even if it had no effect.Huh? The owner picks who goes. If you're trying to get the retard sympathy vote Kahn's a good choice.

LA_Showtime
05-18-2011, 02:24 AM
He really is an awful, awful person. His existence and prerogative are truly a sad example of some of the worst aspects amongst unpunished immorality in humanity.

He just sounds like a tool. He's extremely smug, and you can tell he feels everyone else is below him. His reaction to Van Gundy's criticism earlier this year was just flat out ridiculous. He sounded like a MOB leader with his reaction.

BarberSchool
05-18-2011, 02:26 AM
Also I'm not Jewish.Then you really have no idea of the Yetzer Hora you seem to gladly rebuke and defend blindly. I have beaten mine, but I am mixed, only a small bit of Ashkenazim in my lineage. Was also fortunately raised Secular without the Talmud or Tanakh polluting my thought process at a young age. You really shouldn't jump down my throat without knowing of what you speak. There was much significance to my posts here.

Kahn, while a bad exec, is the good guy here.
Anyone who disagrees should study all the backstories of previous draft lottery results under David Stern's tenure, with the unemotive rationality of a scientist, and they will see Kahn's point seems very very valid.

chains5000

:oldlol:

KevinNYC
Jackass did not refer to Stern.

InspiredLebowski
05-18-2011, 02:28 AM
He just sounds like a tool. He's extremely smug, and you can tell he feels everyone else is below him. His reaction to Van Gundy's criticism earlier this year was just flat out ridiculous. He sounded like a MOB leader with his reaction.Unsubstantiated rumors say this is why he got fired in Indy. He was involved in the business side, no talent evaluation (for obvious reasons). Always has to be the "smartest guy in the room" even when he was clearly a moron.

I've got no problem with an exec being a smug dickhead, Bird's got plenty of that in him, but show some results first.

BarberSchool
05-18-2011, 02:28 AM
He just sounds like a tool. He's extremely smug, and you can tell he feels everyone else is below him. His reaction to Van Gundy's criticism earlier this year was just flat out ridiculous. He sounded like a MOB leader with his reaction.Of course David Stern sounds like a tool, but his using of Dan Gilbert's disabled son AS A TOOL, is really so horridly disgusting, don't you agree ?

DMAVS41
05-18-2011, 02:29 AM
I can't believe he said that. Stern might sabotage the Wolves for the next decade.

LA_Showtime
05-18-2011, 02:46 AM
Unsubstantiated rumors say this is why he got fired in Indy. He was involved in the business side, no talent evaluation (for obvious reasons). Always has to be the "smartest guy in the room" even when he was clearly a moron.

I've got no problem with an exec being a smug dickhead, Bird's got plenty of that in him, but show some results first.

Wait, are you referring to Stern or Kahn?

Clutch
05-18-2011, 04:28 AM

:lol

Human Error
05-18-2011, 04:29 AM
He drafted 3 point guards then traded away the last guy(Ty Lawson). And Lawson ended up being the best player. Kahn has a point but you still can't deny that he is an idiot.

kentatm
05-18-2011, 04:31 AM

:oldlol:

http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2009/06/23/1245809342_8790/539w.jpg

RoTM
05-18-2011, 05:40 AM
This has more to do with financial recompense then basketball talent. Gilbert lost what a billion dollars when Bron skipped on him?

Its not hard to imagine how outraged he has to be about that, and then consider that its Sterns job to make sure owners don't lose on their investment when they buy a team. Not that they make money every year so much as the sell value of the team as an asset doesn't decrease. Losing Bron certainly did that.

Don't think these gangster types who run this stuff don't see a human being as just an asset who never should been given the freedom to move in the first place. Stern was making good.

If you want to make assurances about team execs and third parties running the lotto, just look at the stock market, or credit rating to see how consensus reality comes into play when theres mutual interest.

QuebecBaller
05-18-2011, 06:06 AM
"This league has a habit, and I am just going to say habit, of producing some pretty incredible story lines. Last year it was Abe Pollin's widow and this year it was a 14-year-old boy ... We were done. I told Kevin: 'We're toast.' This is not happening for us and I was right."

The Cavs sent a kid with a mental disorder

The Wolves sent a adult with a mental problem

What's the difference? :lol

blacknapalm
05-18-2011, 06:09 AM
there might be a morsel of truth to what kahn says but judging by his decisions, he's not one to complain. he'll be fined and we'll move on.

BankShot
05-18-2011, 08:29 AM
The T-Wolves have no reason to complain the best player Enes Kanter will be available if they don't take him then they are idiots.

You are completely missing the point. :facepalm

He's not upset at where MN is drafting, but how predictable it has been considering the heart-warming stories that have beat the odds and won the lottery the last two years. :rolleyes:

LA_Showtime
05-18-2011, 08:36 AM
David Kahn has a point. I just knew Cleveland would catch a break. Either Stern and his minions are playing with fate or the NBA Gods have a sense of humor.

Blue&Orange
05-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Idiots.

Cleveland had the 4th and 8th spot, and Stern instead of giving Cleveland the number 1 pick with the 4th uses the 8th spot... guess it was to make it less suspicious :facepalm

Kahn is just taking the attention away from him, so people don't realize the ubber idiot he is.

bluechox2
05-18-2011, 08:49 AM
kahn is on a mission to make every team he makes contact with, better.

number23
05-18-2011, 09:18 AM
I think its a f*kn joke how they come out with the envelopes from a back room after a commercial. Have each team present bring their own lottery ball, put it in the machine, and pick the balls LIVE on air. Is that so difficult Mr. Stern?

swi7ch
05-18-2011, 09:22 AM
David Stern :bowdown:

swi7ch
05-18-2011, 09:22 AM
Oh, and remember the Ewing pick? :applause:

FireDavidKahn
05-18-2011, 09:23 AM
kahn is on a mission to make every team he makes contact with, better.
:oldlol: :oldlol:

UtahJazzFan88
05-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Huh? The owner picks who goes. If you're trying to get the retard sympathy vote Kahn's a good choice.

I know the owner does pick, I just think the NBA should require the GM to go instead of someone they decide to choose, maybe I'm making too big of a deal out of it, but I just don't really like the guilt case. Kahn is indeed quite the moron to feel bad for too. :lol

bluechox2
05-18-2011, 09:27 AM
I think its a f*kn joke how they come out with the envelopes from a back room after a commercial. Have each team present bring their own lottery ball, put it in the machine, and pick the balls LIVE on air. Is that so difficult Mr. Stern?

apparently so

swi7ch
05-18-2011, 09:49 AM
So I guess teams need to bring someone on TV who is closer to dying so they will get the #1 pick. I mean, think how cruel Stern would be if he didn't give that team the #1 pick! And it's gonna be on TV, too!

swi7ch
05-18-2011, 09:50 AM

Whatever happend to Ricky Rubio?

FireDavidKahn
05-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Whatever happend to Ricky Rubio?
He apparently has privately given his word to Kahn he is coming over next season but doesn't want to sign contract/confirm anything to the media until his season in Spain is over.

who knows.