PDA

View Full Version : Should Cavs Pick Derrick Williams over Kyrie Irving?

Gundress
05-18-2011, 12:47 PM
If you was a Cavs GM so who would you pick?

1st pick.....who

4th Pick...who?

I would pick Derrick Williams over Kyrie Irving

for 4th I would pick Jonas Valanciunas or Enes Kanter

Cavs already got Baron Davis and Ramon Sessions

DStebb716
05-18-2011, 12:49 PM

1st pick.....who

4th Pick...who?

Irving at number one, then convince Jazz to swap you 3-4 (add in another small piece) and land Williams.

8BeastlyXOIAD
05-18-2011, 12:53 PM
1st pick Derrick Williams: Why? Best player in the draft by a wide margin.

4th pick Alec Burk: Why? Burk has the most potential out of any player in this class. And he fills the SG hole nicely.

kaiiu
05-18-2011, 12:54 PM

4th pick Alec Burk: Why? Burk has the most potential out of any player in this class. And he fills the SG hole nicely.
I agree with this.

Chapallaz
05-18-2011, 12:55 PM

I see youre already being a wolves homer.

kaiiu
05-18-2011, 12:55 PM
I think the Cavs should draft Demetrius McCamey with their second round pick. Let Davis mentor him and he could become solid.

Sterlingsucks
05-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Irving at 1 Williams at 2 Knight at 3 Kanter at 4

Carbine
05-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Cavs should aim for Kyrie Irving and Derrick Williams....if not, then Kanter with the 4th.

Gundress
05-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Irving at number one, then convince Jazz to swap you 3-4 (add in another small piece) and land Williams.

Number 1 don't mean shit......Derrick Williams could be better player than Kyrie Irving.

Look at this line-up

Baron Davis/Ramon Sessions
Anthony Parker/Daniel Gibson
Derrick Williams/
J.J. Hickson/Antawn Jamison
Anderson Varejao/Enes Kanter or Jonas Valanciunas

or

Baron Davis/Kyrie Irving
Antawn Jamison
J.J. Hickson

So tell me which one is better...I am going with Derrick Williams.

8BeastlyXOIAD
05-18-2011, 01:02 PM
I agree with this.
:cheers: :cheers:

I see youre already being a wolves homer.

why do you mean?

Picking up Kyrie Irivng wont solve their problems.

They got Daniel Gibson, Baron Davis, and Ramon Sessions @ the PG slot already, no need to pick up Kyrie when he wont be nothing more than a Mike Conley Jr.

And next year if they hit the lottery again, there is a bunch of good PG's out there.

HylianNightmare
05-18-2011, 01:03 PM
derrick williams

8BeastlyXOIAD
Number 1 don't mean shit......Derrick Williams could be better player than Kyrie Irving.

Look at this line-up

Derrick Williams/

or

Baron Davis/Kyrie Irving
Antawn Jamison
J.J. Hickson

they can either get Kanter or pick up Alec Burk

Theoo's Daddy
Kanter is going 2nd. Should've been the 1st pick if he played last season.

kaiiu
05-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Alec Burks could be a sleeper. Dude knows how to score the ball. I could see him becoming a all star

Gundress
05-18-2011, 01:06 PM

why do you mean?

Picking up Kyrie Irivng wont solve their problems.

They got Daniel Gibson, Baron Davis, and Ramon Sessions @ the PG slot already, no need to pick up Kyrie when he wont be nothing more than a Mike Conley Jr.

And next year if they hit the lottery again, there is a bunch of good PG's out there.

Thank you...this is what I am saying.

People acting like Kyrie Irving will make the cavs much better team and I don't see it.

Brickz187
05-18-2011, 01:07 PM

Look at this line-up

Derrick Williams/

or

Baron Davis/Kyrie Irving
Antawn Jamison
J.J. Hickson

I agree the first lineup looks more solid, but I don't think Cavs can depend on Baron Davis to be honest. They should take Irving because Davis isn't reliable and should be traded for some more help. None of these players are really that great looking to me anyways, but they could help the Cavs out a bit.

Gundress
05-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Alec Burks could be a sleeper. Dude knows how to score the ball. I could see him becoming a all star

That could work for the 4th pick. Dude is 6-6 and he's playing PG/SG but they need SF and C more than SG/PG.

8BeastlyXOIAD
05-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Thank you...this is what I am saying.

People acting like Kyrie Irving will make the cavs much better team and I don't see it.

yep.

Kyrie is really getting overrated on this forum.

Sure he is a good true PG. But trying to build your team around someone like Mike Conley Jr is a joke.

:roll: :roll: :roll: @ the Cavs organization if they pick up Irving instead of D-will

kaiiu
05-18-2011, 01:10 PM
That could work for the 4th pick. Dude is 6-6 and he's playing PG/SG but they need more SF and C than SG/PG.
Williams and Burks. The wing is set for a while and if it dont work there are PLENTY more SF/SGs in the next draft so its a win/win

Davis
Burks
Williams
Hickson
Andy
:bowdown:

edit: plus they have the 7 foot Erden kid from Turkey they got grom Boston who might be solid

8BeastlyXOIAD
05-18-2011, 01:10 PM
That could work for the 4th pick. Dude is 6-6 and he's playing PG/SG but they need SF and C more than SG/PG.

yeah. That is why they go after Derrick Williams. He is a SF, just like Beasley. He even stated he see's himself playing the 3.

Who do the Cavs got @ the 2?

INB4 KG215 gets butt hurt :applause: :applause:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

KG215
05-18-2011, 01:12 PM

I'm not butthurt. It's just funny how stupid you are when it comes to trying to make rational NBA arguments.

Except Derrick Williams isn't the best player in the draft by a wide margin.

It's awesome when you press forward with your stupid agendas to make a point, no matter how stupid it sounds.

Even if you don't like Kyrie Irving (I don't think he's the savior some are claiming him to be) Derrick Williams still isn't the best player in the draft by a wide margin. He might be the best athlete with the most upside, but he's not the best player by a wide margin.

Gundress
05-18-2011, 01:14 PM
I agree the first lineup looks more solid, but I don't think Cavs can depend on Baron Davis to be honest. They should take Irving because Davis isn't reliable and should be traded for some more help. None of these players are really that great looking to me anyways, but they could help the Cavs out a bit.

I would keep Baron Davis.....cause they need a veteran on this team and I would trade Antawn Jamison

......Baron Davis is more valuable to this team than f*cking Antawn Jamison.

8BeastlyXOIAD
05-18-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm not butthurt. It's just funny how stupid you are when it comes to trying to make rational NBA arguments.

It's awesome when you press forward with your stupid agendas to make a point, no matter how stupid it sounds.

Even if you don't like Kyrie Irving (I don't think he's the savior some are claiming him to be) Derrick Williams still isn't the best player in the draft by a wide margin. He might be the best athlete with the most upside, but he's not the best player by a wide margin.

How isn't he the best player in the class? Explain to me how.

I'd like to hear it.

Kyrie is good, but picking him over Derrick Williams will haunt the Cavs in the future. Quote me on that.:cheers:

JMT
05-18-2011, 01:16 PM
:Picking up Kyrie Irivng wont solve their problems.

Exactly. There aren't two players in this draft good enough to fix a lousy team without help. Start to build a franchise, a program, a culture. The failure to plan like that is a big part of why Cleveland is as bad as they are.

Take Irvine and Williams is long gone at the 4. So you settle for the next Euro-big or the big kid from Texas.

Take Willaims and you'll still have the chance to take a good guard prospect or pretty much whatever you want at the 4 spot.

Williams is the best player in this draft. He's shown steady progression throughout his two years in college, vs a guy who was annointed a star vs Cal-Poly (Pomona), St Augustines, Colgate, etc. He can play inside or outside (shot 60% from the floor and nearly that from 3), rebounds, runs, and is a legit 6'8", 240.

Irvine may be the real deal, but it's WAY too small a sample size, especially coming off the absolute worst injury a basketball player can have: a foot injury.

1rkrage
05-18-2011, 01:18 PM
I think the Cavs should draft Demetrius McCamey with their second round pick. Let Davis mentor him and he could become solid.
McCamey is garbage.

JMT
05-18-2011, 01:20 PM

19 ppg, 8 reb per. 75% FT shooter. 60% FG shooter. 58% 3 PT SHOOTER.

Following a frosh season where he went for 16/7 in 28 minutes per.

Legit 6'8", 240, with great athleticism. Actually played more than 11 college games and isn't coming off a foot injury.

Took a team without a high-level D1 guard to the round of 8. Their backcourt was so bad, the starters have already transferred, knowing they won't beat out the incoming freshmen.

Don't feel bad that you didn't know it. Most of the chuckleheads across the country didn't know his name until the Sweet 16. He was the best player on the court every game he played all season.

1rkrage
05-18-2011, 01:21 PM
2008:

Should the Bulls Pick Michael Beasley over Derrick Rose?

8BeastlyXOIAD
05-18-2011, 01:22 PM
2008:

Should the Bulls Pick Michael Beasley over Derrick Rose?

this is totally different.

Derrick Rose was something else.

KG215
05-18-2011, 01:23 PM
19 ppg, 8 reb per. 75% FT shooter. 60% FG shooter. 58% 3 PT SHOOTER.

Following a frosh season where he went for 16/7 in 28 minutes per.

Legit 6'8", 240, with great athleticism. Actually played more than 11 college games and isn't coming off a foot injury.

Took a team without a high-level D1 guard to the round of 8. Their backcourt was so bad, the starters have already transferred, knowing they won't beat out the incoming freshmen.

Don't feel bad that you didn't know it. Most of the chuckleheads across the country didn't know his name until the Sweet 16. He was the best player on the court every game he played all season.

I didn't say he wasn't the best player in the draft, I just don't think it's by a wide-margin.

The reason I think Irving should go #1 has nothing to do with me thinking he's a for sure better pro prospect than Derrick Williams. I just think a PG fits better with the Cavs than a PF/SF combo. I don't see Derrick Williams as an NBA SF but he can get by with it. He's got good enough touch from the perimeter to play SF.

It's Beasley claiming that Williams is the best player in this draft by a wide-margin that bothers me. I just don't know if that's true. I think he was the most productive player in college with the highest ceiling but I also like the potential of players like Kanter, Brandon Knight and, yes, Kyrie Irving.

Oh, and I was and am VERY aware of Derrick Williams. I'm one of the few people who posts on ISH that watches and follows college basketball closer than the NBA. I thought Derrick Williams was the best player in the country this year. He deserved much more NPOY consideration. But thank you for educating me on things I was already very aware of.

Gundress
05-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Wait a min...I didn't know that Cavs actually got first two picks(1st and 2nd picks) til they made the deal with the T-Wolves?

Is it true?

8BeastlyXOIAD
05-18-2011, 01:31 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Williams_Derrick_ncaa_110126.jpg

If Derrick Williams had to compare himself to any current NBA players, his best picks would be hybrid forwards Michael Beasley, David West and Antawn Jamison.

Will Williams play more small forward or power forward in the NBA? That's a point of contention.

"I like when people say 3-4 more than a 4-3," Williams said. "A 4-3, most people think you're 6-foot-10, 250 pounds. Being 6-8, 6-9 and 240, it gives me a real advantage, especially if I play the 3. I don't like being labeled a power forward at all."

:cheers:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/212573/Derrick_Williams_Sees_Himself_As_NBA_Small_Forward

KG215
05-18-2011, 01:35 PM
How isn't he the best player in the class? Explain to me how.

I'd like to hear it.

Kyrie is good, but picking him over Derrick Williams will haunt the Cavs in the future. Quote me on that.:cheers:

I didn't say he was the best player in the class. You haven't made an argument as to why Derrick Williams is the best player in the class, either.

I should have stated this last night when I was going after you. I think Derrick Williams has the most potential in the this draft class. I think his ceiling is higher than any other player and his ridiculous college stats are more than enough reason to take him no lower than 2nd.

I'd have to do some digging through old threads from the college basketball board but I was even saying things like, why wouldn't you take Derrick Williams #1 overall instead Kyrie Irving? Of course at that time we had no idea who was going to have the #1 pick.

Maybe it's because I don't see Derrick Williams as an NBA SF. I think he's a combo PF/SF, meaning I think he'd be better served logging most of his minutes at PF while playing about 5-7 minutes a night at SF. I don't know if this is a good comparison but I can see Derrick Williams as an Amare Stoudemire type player. Williams is 6'8" with elite athleticism and a very reliable perimeter jump-shot. I can see Derrick Williams being a stretch/face-up PF who strings together rim-rattling dunk after rim-rattling dunk while also hurting teams with 15-18 foot jumpers, a lot like Amare. I know that's probably not the best comparison but it's who comes to mind for me.

I just like the Cavs need and could use a PG more than Williams. I do think Irving has the tools and potential to be a borderline superstar PG. I don't think he's the next Chris Paul, Deron Williams, or any other elite/superstar NBA PG. I do think he can be a future all-star with a high ceiling. He might be Chris Paul-lite. Not as good as CP3 but, like Paul, he can do everything: shoot the three, shoot the mid-range jumper, penetrate, and distribute the basketball. His 11 game college career in college, though, does worry me along with the foot injury, although I don't think the foot injury is anything to be too concerned about.

GOBB
05-18-2011, 01:40 PM
I easily go Kyrie Irving to compete with a very deep PG class/crop in the NBA. I'm not one who thinks he is the best thing coming. I dont even think he is Chris Paul 2.0. I just think he's going to be a very good PG. I dont expect him to be Mike Conley either where he is just above average. I rather a floor general than Derrick Williams.

At #4 its Enes Kanter or I'm unsure. I dont know much about the foreigners and little about Kanter. But I like the fact that Kanter isnt your typical euro big. Not sure about his health, knee history tho. And the only footage I've seen is from playing against other talented dudes his age. And I liked the fact he was a big who liked to work in the paint. Who put his back to the basket and showed some moves, footwork. ASgain I dont know about the other euros and havent seen much footage. One video I seen of Valu (whatever his name is). He looked stiff. But again I dunno.

#4 I'd be open to trade. I wouldnt rule that out. I know people like stockpiling talent to rebuild and thats not a bad thing. But you also got an option to aquire a young established talent as well. Why would another team trade such a player? To start over themselves.

Cleveland aint winning nothing over night. 2012 is a deep class. I'd even consider moving #4 for next years first rd pick even if its a protected #1.

PleezeBelieve
05-18-2011, 02:21 PM
I easily go Kyrie Irving to compete with a very deep PG class/crop in the NBA. I'm not one who thinks he is the best thing coming. I dont even think he is Chris Paul 2.0. I just think he's going to be a very good PG. I dont expect him to be Mike Conley either where he is just above average. I rather a floor general than Derrick Williams.

At #4 its Enes Kanter or I'm unsure. I dont know much about the foreigners and little about Kanter. But I like the fact that Kanter isnt your typical euro big. Not sure about his health, knee history tho. And the only footage I've seen is from playing against other talented dudes his age. And I liked the fact he was a big who liked to work in the paint. Who put his back to the basket and showed some moves, footwork. ASgain I dont know about the other euros and havent seen much footage. One video I seen of Valu (whatever his name is). He looked stiff. But again I dunno.

#4 I'd be open to trade. I wouldnt rule that out. I know people like stockpiling talent to rebuild and thats not a bad thing. But you also got an option to aquire a young established talent as well. Why would another team trade such a player? To start over themselves.

Cleveland aint winning nothing over night. 2012 is a deep class. I'd even consider moving #4 for next years first rd pick even if its a protected #1.
This makes no sense. Move a top #4 pick for a pick next year that may not be in the top 8??

No.

Cavs are okay. I'm not the biggest Irving fan, but since they have the opportunity to draft who I wanted them to draft reagrdless of draft position (Val), I'm good. Irving is not a svaior but paired with a talent like Jonas, Cavs are good for the next 10 years. Cavs have to get the right big, tho. Being competitive is not enough. And this is what some Cavs fans are struggling to grasp. Winning 50 games is not what I'm aiming for. Rings are. And you do this with bigs who can flash out and contain penetration from the perimeter ala Jakim Noah.

And you're wrong about Valauniacus' mobility. Dude can absolutely move his feet. In fact, its one of his strengths.

Rest of you post is solid.

KingBeasley08
05-18-2011, 03:00 PM
They should trade the pick to Washington for Andray Blatche and the 6th pick

:roll: :roll: :roll: not even in my dreams

Meticode
05-18-2011, 03:24 PM
I say pick Derrick Williams, have him play the three. He's the most NBA-ready out of everyone in the draft. And pick either Knight, Walker, Kanter or Burks with the fourth pick. You want people in the seats and excited? Get Williams and Walker. Team probably wouldn't be very good, but it'd be exciting to watch to say the least.

I'm personally just not sold on Iriving. Too much of a small sample and plus the foot injury bothers the hell out of me. Williams has a much larger sample and he dominated the touranament with pretty much almost 20/9 on 60% shooting.

allabouthawks
05-18-2011, 05:06 PM
i would pick williams with #1 cos hes all round good pretty much then one of the euro centers davis is a decent pass first pg so he would do

allabouthawks
05-18-2011, 05:08 PM

1st pick.....who

4th Pick...who?

just seen i wrote pretty much the same this guy has it

B-Low
05-18-2011, 05:23 PM
I was actually thinking the same thing. We don't NEED another PG. Sessions actually did really good for us when he had the chance and i'd like to see what he can do next year with Baron's mentoring.

We need someone at the 3

kaiiu
05-18-2011, 05:24 PM
I was actually thinking the same thing. We don't NEED another PG. Sessions actually did really good for us when he had the chance and i'd like to see what he can do next year with Baron's mentoring.

We need someone at the 3
The more I think about it, no Williams cant play the 3 and Sessions has peaked on what he can do. Irving and Kanter. If these 2 suck there are plenty of SF in next years draft

wang4three
05-18-2011, 05:24 PM
If Kyrie is healthy, he should go #1.

RedBlackAttack
05-18-2011, 05:30 PM
As long as his foot checks out, this pick is already in the bank for Irving. The real discussion for the Cavs is with their No. 4 pick. There are a lot of directions that they can go.

If the Cavs didn't have another Top 5 pick, maybe they think a little harder about who they take No. 1. But, with the No. 4 pick to go along with it, you take the consensus best player and address needs with the second pick.

It is going to be Irving and someone... The question is, who is that someone? Could the Cavs even attempt to move up to get both Irving and Williams? It isn't completely out of the realm of possibility.

rosonviyavong
05-18-2011, 05:40 PM
You can't go wrong with a point guard though. Time has told that PG's taken high in the draft usually turn out pretty good even Mike Conley started to blossom this season. Cavs most likely are goin to take Williams tho, it just makes the most sense.

Svendiggity
05-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Derrick Williams moves like a robot when he tries to create his own shot.

RedBlackAttack
05-18-2011, 05:58 PM
Cavs most likely are goin to take Williams tho, it just makes the most sense.
The pick is going to be Irving. I'm not sure why this is difficult to understand.

Gundress
05-18-2011, 06:26 PM
The pick is going to be Irving. I'm not sure why this is difficult to understand.

If they're serious about to get another PG still dumb move but if they do serious about it then they could pick Kemba Walker or Alec Burk at their # 4 pick and get Derrick Williams at the first pick and could trade Baron Davis to get some solid player.

But look at this line-up

Derrick Williams/

or

Baron Davis/Kyrie Irving
Antawn Jamison
J.J. Hickson

Seriously, the cavs thing is very interesting for nba draft.

Gundress
05-18-2011, 06:30 PM
I say pick Derrick Williams, have him play the three. He's the most NBA-ready out of everyone in the draft. And pick either Knight, Walker, Kanter or Burks with the fourth pick. You want people in the seats and excited? Get Williams and Walker. Team probably wouldn't be very good, but it'd be exciting to watch to say the least.

I'm personally just not sold on Iriving. Too much of a small sample and plus the foot injury bothers the hell out of me. Williams has a much larger sample and he dominated the touranament with pretty much almost 20/9 on 60% shooting.

Co-sign and I like what you said about the seats and excited....good point.

RedBlackAttack
05-18-2011, 06:32 PM
We didn't trade for Baron Davis because he was the long-term answer at the point and, I like some of Ramon Sessions' potential, but more as a spark off of the bench, not a franchise point guard. I mean, the Cavs went to Davis when the trade happened to see if he wanted his contract bought out.

He showed a lot of character by deciding to stay in Cleveland for the remainder of the season last year and he actually played well, but still... That trade was all about the draft pick, not Baron Davis.

The pick will be Irving. If the Cavs really value Willaims and think that he can be an impact player in this league, they may look to deal with Minnesota to switch spots with them, since Williams doesn't really make a lot of sense for the T-Wolves.

I have absolutely no doubt about the No. 1 pick, though. The only thing that can possibly throw a wrench into things is if his foot doesn't check out. Outside of that, there really is no debate, here.

Byron Scott has a history of getting his long-term, franchise PG in his second season as coach. He did it with Jason Kidd.... Then, he did it with Chris Paul. Now, he is going to pull the trigger on Kyrie Irving.

KingBeasley08
05-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Irving is overrated. Williams is a stud tho :bowdown:

I'm pissed right now. 6th overall pick :mad:

kaiiu
05-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Irving is overrated. Williams is a stud tho :bowdown:

I'm pissed right now. 6th overall pick :mad:
Who do you think the Wiz gone take?

What do yall need?

noob cake
05-18-2011, 06:47 PM
We didn't trade for Baron Davis because he was the long-term answer at the point and, I like some of Ramon Sessions' potential, but more as a spark off of the bench, not a franchise point guard. I mean, the Cavs went to Davis when the trade happened to see if he wanted his contract bought out.

He showed a lot of character by deciding to stay in Cleveland for the remainder of the season last year and he actually played well, but still... That trade was all about the draft pick, not Baron Davis.

The pick will be Irving. If the Cavs really value Willaims and think that he can be an impact player in this league, they may look to deal with Minnesota to switch spots with them, since Williams doesn't really make a lot of sense for the T-Wolves.

I have absolutely no doubt about the No. 1 pick, though. The only thing that can possibly throw a wrench into things is if his foot doesn't check out. Outside of that, there really is no debate, here.

Byron Scott has a history of getting his long-term, franchise PG in his second season as coach. He did it with Jason Kidd.... Then, he did it with Chris Paul. Now, he is going to pull the trigger on Kyrie Irving.

Once again, not foot. It is his big toe. You can amputate that thing and he can still play basketball fine.

DwadeOverLebron
05-18-2011, 06:49 PM
irving is over rated, he's not off the charts athletic just athletic enough and he's not a great shooter but good enough, doesn't make the spectacular play but he is unselfish and passes to the open man, defensively doesn't stick out but not a bad defender... to me he'll be mike conley jr at best

on the other hand i think derrick williams is going to beast from the get go! he has an excellent shot already, he's a freak of a athlete and his improvement from his freshman to soph year is eye popping which means he has a great work ethic, i don't understand why people don't see him as a can't miss prospect! he's going to be a legitimate superstar, stoudemire light im predicting.

if i were the cavs they are in a great position, y not draft derrick williams #1 then kemba walker #2, i think walker can become a similar player to jason terry but with defense, i also like brandon knights potential over kyrie irvings.

don't understand what all the hoopla is about kyrie, and no he is not going to be the next cp3 no way!

Gundress
05-18-2011, 06:52 PM

I see what you're saying but like I said if they serious about to get a PG then they should pick Derrick Williams first and on the 4th Pick...Get a PG....
Kemba Walker or Alec Burks...those two guys could be better than Kyrie Irving.....What if Kyrie Irving turns out he ain't sh!t and those 3 guys I mention doing great job.....it's better than sorry.

KingBeasley08
05-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Who do you think the Wiz gone take?

What do yall need?
Probably Bismack or some Euro Big. We needa ship out Blatche and can use the best player in any position except for PG or SG

swi7ch
05-18-2011, 07:01 PM
I'd pick the next Darko---Kanter.

KOBE24isdabest
05-18-2011, 07:09 PM
What is it going to be?

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/5682004/640/Jersey-Switches/kyrieirvingcavs-copy.jpg (http://picturepush.com/public/5682004)

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/5646440/640/Jersey-Switches/derrickwilliamscavswall-copy.jpg (http://picturepush.com/public/5646440)

KG215
05-18-2011, 07:11 PM

I don't either.

There are reasons why Derrick Williams isn't the consensus #1 overall pick and Kyrie Irving is.

1. Some people seem to believe Williams is an NBA SF and only a SF. He's not. In fact, the one thing that may hurt his NBA the beginning of his NBA is that he's a tweener, that it may take a few years for Williams to develop the necessary skills to legitimately define his NBA position. He's got some NBA SF skills but I'm not sure he's a good enough or fluid enough with his ball-handling to create his own shot off the bounce against other NBA SF's.

2. I do not think Kyrie Irving is the second coming of Chris Paul or even a future top 5 NBA point guard. However, there are not many weaknesses to his game. Irving is a legit 6'1" or 6'2" which is good size for an NBA PG, he can score from all three levels on the floor, and he's a good playmaker. Some Cleveland and NBA fans seem to believe that Baron Davis and Ramon Sessions are their future at the PG position. Davis is already 32 years old and you've already seen what Ramon Sessions is going to be as far as his ceiling as an NBA PG. In terms of overall status and impact, Irving may top out at what a prime Baron Davis was 5-7 years ago. And, who knows, Irving may peak as a multiple all-star top 3-5 PG for a few years.

3. Back to Derrick Williams. I do think Williams has the highest ceiling in this draft class but that's not necessarily saying a whole lot. Like I've already said, Williams is an elite level athlete with a good perimeter jumper. He's very explosive to the rim. Some of the dunks I saw him pull-off at Arizona were reminiscent of what you see Amare Stoudemire and Blake Griffin pull-off in the NBA. I'm not saying he'll be as good as either one of those players but the tools are there. He's smaller than both and, just going by the eye test, he doesn't appear to have great length to make up for his 6'7" or 6'8" frame if he is indeed an NBA PF.

In the end, though, I wouldn't call it a terrible or even a bad pick if Cleveland went with Derrick Williams. I just think Kyrie Irving is a better fit for Cleveland and they very well could get an Enes Kanter at #4. Kanter doesn't have necessarily have the ceiling of Derrick Williams but I think he does have the potential to develop into a very good 3rd option on a playoff caliber team.

Sterlingsucks
05-18-2011, 07:16 PM
Could they trade the #4 pick and the 14 million dollar trade exception to Minny and get both Kyrie and Williams?

RedBlackAttack
05-18-2011, 07:18 PM
I see what you're saying but like I said if they serious about to get a PG then they should pick Derrick Williams first and on the 4th Pick...Get a PG....
Kemba Walker or Alec Burks...those two guys could be better than Kyrie Irving.....What if Kyrie Irving turns out he ain't sh!t and those 3 guys I mention doing great job.....it's better than sorry.
Burks is not a point guard.... He is a shooting guard. Kemba Walker, I project as an undersized combo guard, not a natural point.

The second best PG in this draft, to me, is Brandon Knight...

Give me Irving.

KG215
05-18-2011, 07:19 PM
Kemba Walker or [B]Alec Burks

Alec Burks isn't a point guard, the other two PG's of the draft that could be sitting there at #4 and wouldn't be an awful pick at that spot are Brandon Knight and Kemba Walker.

...those two guys could be better than Kyrie Irving.....What if Kyrie Irving turns out he ain't sh!t and those 3 guys I mention doing great job.....it's better than sorry.

This argument is so empty because you're doing nothing but using speculation to make your point seem stronger.

"Those two guys could be better than Kyrie Irving"

"What if Kyrie Irving turns out he ain't sh!t and thsoe 3 guys I mention doing a great job"

Yeah, well, what if Kyrie Irving ends up being really good and every single guy you mentioned turns out to be "sh!t"?

See how easy it is to make such a stupid argument?

8BeastlyXOIAD
05-18-2011, 07:21 PM
LMFAO if Brandon Knight or Kemba Walker get drafted 4th :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :applause: :roll:

KG215
05-18-2011, 07:27 PM
LMFAO if Brandon Knight or Kemba Walker get drafted 4th :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :applause: :roll:

You do realize Brandon Knight is a top 5 pick in a lot of mocks and there's a decent chance the Jazz take him at #3, don't you?

8BeastlyXOIAD
05-18-2011, 07:28 PM
You do realize there's a VERY good chance Brandon Knight goes 3rd to the Jazz, don't you?

Goes to show you how bad this draft is:violin: :violin:

noob cake
05-18-2011, 07:29 PM
You do realize there's a VERY good chance Brandon Knight goes 3rd to the Jazz, don't you?

Not white. Utah is gonna trade down to get Jimmer.

KG215
05-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Not white. Utah is gonna trade down to get Jimmer.

Why? They've already got the #12 and #3 pick. They don't need to trade down to get Jimmer. If they want him then he'll probably be there at #12.

I think Alec Burks is a very good fit for them at SG if he's there at #12. At #3 they can either go with Brandon Knight or, shop Millsap or Jefferson, and take Kanter.

RedBlackAttack
05-18-2011, 07:36 PM
I don't either.

There are reasons why Derrick Williams isn't the consensus #1 overall pick and Kyrie Irving is.

1. Some people seem to believe Williams is an NBA SF and only a SF. He's not. In fact, the one thing that may hurt his NBA is that he's such a tweener, that it may time a few years for Williams to develop the necessary skills to legitimately define his NBA position. He's got some NBA SF skills but I'm not sure he's a good enough or fluid enough with his ball-handling to create his own shot off the bounce against other NBA SF's.

2. I do not think Kyrie Irving is the second coming of Chris Paul or even a future top 5 NBA point guard. However, there are not many weaknesses to his game. Irving is a legit 6'1" or 6'2" which is good size for an NBA PG, he can score from all three levels on the floor, and he's a good playmaker. Some Cleveland and NBA fans seem to believe that Baron Davis and Ramon Sessions are their future at the PG position. Davis is already 32 years old and you've already seen what Ramon Sessions is going to be as far as his ceiling as an NBA PG. In terms of overall status and impact, Irving may top out at what a prime Baron Davis was 5-7 years ago. And, who knows, Irving may peak as a multiple all-star top 3-5 PG for a few years.

3. Back to Derrick Williams. I do think Williams has the highest ceiling in this draft class but that's not necessarily saying a whole lot. Like I've already said, Williams is an elite level athlete with a good perimeter jumper. He's very explosive to the rim. Some of the dunks I saw him pull-off at Arizona were reminiscent of what you see Amare Stoudemire and Blake Griffin pull-off in the NBA. I'm not saying he'll be as good as either one of those players but the tools are there. He's smaller than both and, just going by the eye-ball test, he doesn't appear to have great length to make up for his 6'7" or 6'8" frame if he is indeed an NBA PF.

In the end, though, I wouldn't call it a terrible or even a bad pick if Cleveland went with Derrick Williams. I just think Kyrie Irving is a better fit for Cleveland and they very well could get an Enes Kanter at #4. Kanter doesn't have necessarily have the ceiling of Derrick Williams but I think he does have the potential to develop into a very good 3rd option on a playoff caliber team.
Agreed on all points.

I'm actually a big fan of Williams' game, but I think he has much more impact at PF than he does SF. He has a huge wingspan and can really gobble up rebounds when he is around the rim. I know that he is only 6-foot-8 and that people are obsessed with measurables, but Williams' current game is best suited for the 4.

All of that said, our best asset is a power forward (JJ Hickson). If there is one spot on the roster that we really don't need to address, it is PF. Hickson is young and he showed himself to be a solid NBA player in the second half of last season with potential to be a cornerstone player.

So, if Williams was drafted by the Cavs, he would have to pretty much revamp his game to fit into the SF position. Now, he seems like a great athlete and he has a nice shot, so maybe he does eventually develop the handle and control to become a guy who can create from the perimeter, but the question then becomes...

If the two best players in this draft seem to be Williams and Irving, why would the Cavs take the guy who is currently at his best at the position JJ Hickson plays and it may take a few years for him to adjust to a position he has never played over the other top guy, who actually plays a position that we need?

Throw on top of all that... Byron Scott is our head coach. He has proven, over the years, that his teams perform best when he is able to acquire a young point guard prospect who can be taught his system right off of the bat. Irving gives the opportunity to Scott to have 'his guy' running the show and to implement his offense on a young team.

Irving just makes sense. Like I said, if we want Williams in addition to Irving, we can probably get him without giving up a ton being that we have the No. 4 pick and Minnesota doesn't have a place for Williams.

Doing something like that makes more sense to me than taking Williams No. 1.

PleezeBelieve
05-18-2011, 07:36 PM
Cavs need a big for the future. In the top 5, you draft a big... big... big.

Next year, get a wing.

KG215
05-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Agreed on all points.

I'm actually a big fan of Williams' game, but I think he has much more impact at PF than he does SF. He has a huge wingspan and can really gobble up rebounds when he is around the rim. I know that he is only 6-foot-8 and that people are obsessed with measurables, but Williams' current game is best suited for the 4.

All of that said, our best asset is a power forward (JJ Hickson). If there is one spot on the roster that we really don't need to address, it is PF. Hickson is young and he showed himself to be a solid NBA player in the second half of last season with potential to be a cornerstone player.

So, if Williams was drafted by the Cavs, he would have to pretty much revamp his game to fit into the SF position. Now, he seems like a great athlete and he has a nice shot, so maybe he does eventually develop the handle and control to become a guy who can create from the perimeter, but the question then becomes...

If the two best players in this draft seem to be Williams and Irving, why would the Cavs take the guy who is currently at his best at the position JJ Hickson plays and it may take a few years for him to adjust to a position he has never played over the other top guy, who actually plays a position that we need?

Throw on top of all that... Byron Scott is our head coach. He has proven, over the years, that his teams perform best when he is able to acquire a young point guard prospect who can be taught his system right off of the bat. Irving gives the opportunity to Scott to have 'his guy' running the show and to implement his offense on a young team.

Irving just makes sense. Like I said, if we want Williams in addition to Irving, we can probably get him without giving up a ton being that we have the No. 4 pick and Minnesota doesn't have a place for Williams.

Doing something like that makes more sense to me than taking Williams No. 1.

All of that is basically my exact thinking as well, but we seem to be in the minority for some reason.

Samurai Swoosh
05-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Neither is special, so who cares ...

Feel bad for Cleveland

They got another #1 pick and a #4 pick in the weakest draft since 2001.

KG215
05-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Cavs need a big for the future. In the top 5, you draft a big... big... big.

Next year, get a wing.

Your boy Valanciunas may not even be able to come to the NBA for several years and, besides, if you're going to take a PF or C in the top 5 of the draft there are two better options: Derrick Williams and Enes Kanter.

RedBlackAttack
05-18-2011, 07:52 PM
All of that is basically my exact thinking as well, but we seem to be in the minority for some reason.
I don't think we are in the minority. I've been listening to Cleveland sports radio all day and everyone is pretty much assuming that it is a foregone conclusion... Irving is the pick. Most of the discussion has been about the No. 4 pick.

They even had Chris Grant (Cavs GM) on and, although he didn't tip his hat one way or the other, if you read between the lines, you can see where they are going.

We can discuss why Irving should be the pick or, for those that think Williams would be a better fit, they can chime in with their opinions.

But, at the end of the day, rest assured... Irving is the pick.

RedBlackAttack
05-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Neither is special, so who cares ...

Feel bad for Cleveland

They got another #1 pick and a #4 pick in the weakest draft since 2001.
I don't even need someone 'special,' as you term it. I want to solidify the PG position, which Irving will do. The draft is a crap-shoot, anyway. Once in a while, a guy like LeBron or Rose will come along and you will be pretty sure that they are going to be superstars, but you can't rely on that to re-shape your franchise.

You do it through addressing each position with young talent. Irving is young and talented... Plus, I really like the interviews that I've seen with him. He isn't a braggart and he seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

I could see him and Byron Scott forming a pretty nice player/coach relationship in helping the Cavs get back to relevancy.

Outside of that, this 'weak' draft stuff is simple speculation. We just watched a guy last night turn in one of the great offensive performances in playoff history and he was a member of what was considered a 'weak' draft after the first four picks (1998). There was no hype surrounding him and some people questioned the pick at No. 9...

None of us know exactly how good any of these guys are going to be.

I"ll give you another example... When the Cavs turned in their best draft in franchise history (no, it wasn't 2003), that was also considered an extremely weak draft that teams were trying to trade out of (1986). As a result of the idea that the draft was 'weak,' we were able to acquire extra picks...

In that single draft, we got Brad Daugherty, Ron Harper, and Mark Price. The franchise was literally rebuilt in that one 'weak' draft.

Any way you look at it, last night was a good night to be a Cavs' fan.... And there will be all-star caliber players in this draft, just like there are in every draft. It is our front office's job to find those guys and make the right picks.

RedBlackAttack
05-18-2011, 08:01 PM
Your boy Valanciunas may not even be able to come to the NBA for several years and, besides, if you're going to take a PF or C in the top 5 of the draft there are two better options: Derrick Williams and Enes Kanter.
Agreed.

If we don't get Irving and Williams, I will be happy with Irving and Kanter.

Kyrie Irving/Baron Davis/Ramon Sessions
Anthony Parker(?)/Manny Harris/Alonzo Gee
Antawn Jamison/Christian Eyenga
JJ Hickson/Samardo Samuels (a lot of people are forgetting how good Samuels was last year)
Anderson Varejao/Enes Kanter/Semih Erden

That is not a bad roster... And it is filled with young talent. No one is saying that this is going to be an immediate championship contender, but you don't rebuild in one year... This is a process and I like the pieces that a Irving/Kanter combo would give us on the roster.

PleezeBelieve
05-18-2011, 08:01 PM
Kanter is a 6-9ish Center who can't jump and has limited agility.

Do you people understand what wins in this league??? Not undersized power forwards and centers. You need length and mobility on the front line.

PleezeBelieve
05-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Agreed.

If we don't get Irving and Williams, I will be happy with Irving and Kanter.
Dude you're not winning championships with a 6'10 Center who plays below the rim.

Sh*t is so frustrating. Many of you have no idea what you're talking about.

Sterlingsucks
05-18-2011, 08:06 PM
Not a champion BUT it would make them a respectable team which they were not last year.

RedBlackAttack
05-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Dude you're not winning championships with a 6'10 Center who plays below the rim.

I've watched your boy... Not that impressed. Kanter dominated the Nike Hoop Summit. He is tough to handle below the rim AND he has a nice touch from the outside.

F#ck all this sh!t about measurables. I'm sick of hearing about how tall a guy is and using that as the only basis for analysis.

Charles Barkley was listed at 6-foot-5, but I've stood next to him and he is probably closer to 6-foot-4.

He is one of the greatest power forwards to ever play the game. If he were coming out of Alabama this year, people would be mocking the idea of him playing PF in the NBA simply because of his height.

I judge what I see and Kanter looks, to me, like the best Euro player in this class. Whether he is 6-foot-10 or 7-foot or 6-foot-8... The guy can play.

kaiiu
05-18-2011, 08:12 PM
why do people try to make it seem like this draft is make or break for the team?:oldlol:

They hopefully get 2 solid players and they move on to the next

RedBlackAttack
05-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Kanter is a 6-9ish Center who can't jump and has limited agility.

Do you people understand what wins in this league??? Not undersized power forwards and centers. You need length and mobility on the front line.
Lastly, how many 7-footers do the Bulls have? One... Omar Asik.

Their starting center is listed as a whooping inch taller than Kanter. You are telling me that this inch makes you totally dismiss him as a center on a good team?

RedBlackAttack
05-18-2011, 08:14 PM
why do people try to make it seem like this draft is make or break for the team?:oldlol:

They hopefully get 2 solid players and they move on to the next
That's what I'm trying to explain to people. OKC didn't turn around their franchise in one year.

It has been less than a year since James announced he was leaving town. It will be a few years before we fully recover from losing the guy that we built the entire franchise around.

There is no reason to 'feel sorry' for the Cavs or their fans.... Last night was a good night... Check that, a great night.

If we get two solid starters, we will be on our way.

PleezeBelieve
05-18-2011, 08:15 PM
I've watched your boy... Not that impressed. Kanter dominated the Nike Hoop Summit. He is tough to handle below the rim AND he has a nice touch from the outside.

F#ck all this sh!t about measurables. I'm sick of hearing about how tall a guy is and using that as the only basis for analysis.

Charles Barkley was listed at 6-foot-5, but I've stood next to him and he is probably closer to 6-foot-4.

He is one of the greatest power forwards to ever play the game. If he were coming out of Alabama this year, people would be mocking the idea of him playing PF in the NBA simply because of his height.

I judge what I see and Kanter looks, to me, like the best Euro player in this class. Whether he is 6-foot-10 or 7-foot or 6-foot-8... The guy can play.
Jonas dropped 37/19 against Kanter... and???

You don't care about that, right??

The guy's are of similar talents except Valanciunas is still growing while Kanter is the more finished prospect. That would be great if they were 22 or 23 but they are 19 years old. Jonas is the obvious pick and fits better with Irving anyway. I'm confident this will be the case when the draft rolls around.

kaiiu
05-18-2011, 08:16 PM
That's what I'm trying to explain to people. OKC didn't turn around their franchise in one year.

It has been less than a year since James announced he was leaving town. It will be a few years before we fully recover from losing the guy that we built the entire franchise around.

There is no reason to 'feel sorry' for the Cavs or their fans.... Last night was a good night... Check that, a great night.

If we get two solid starters, we will be on our way.
It usually take about 3 years to rebuild in the draft before the team makes it to the playoffs. OKC 3 years. It took us 3 years when Lebron was drafted, ect. :confusedshrug: just haters

RedBlackAttack
05-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Jonas dropped 37/19 against Kanter... and???

You don't care about that, right??

The guy's are of similar talents except Valanciunas is still growing while Kanter is the more finished prospect. That would be great if they were 22 or 23 but they are 19 years old. Jonas is the obvious pick and fits better with Irving anyway. I'm confident this will be the case when the draft rolls around.
Listen, if the pick is Valanciunas, I'm not going to freak out. All that ANY of us have seen of the kid are some videos on Youtube. I have to have faith that the organization will make the right call. After they work out all of the possibilities and get a first-hand view of him, as well as getting a feel for his personality (which none of us have any idea about), they may feel that he is the guy... And I will be the first one to welcome him to Cleveland.

However, it is my opinion -- from what I've seen of the two -- that Kanter is the better player. Valanciunas looks VERY raw to me and Kanter has some real skill. But, if the franchise thinks otherwise, I will be at The Q cheering him on.

So... whatever.

PleezeBelieve
05-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Lastly, how many 7-footers do the Bulls have? One... Omar Asik.

Their starting center is listed as a whooping inch taller than Kanter. You are telling me that this inch makes you totally dismiss him as a center on a good team?
You really comparing Noah to Kanter defensively??

Seriously??

Yeah, I'm sure Kanter can shut the paint down and switch out on LeBron James like Noah can. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You draft pieces that fit your visions of winning championships, not just being competitive.

How hard is this to understand?

RedBlackAttack
05-18-2011, 08:23 PM
You really comparing Noah to Kanter defensively??

Seriously??

Yeah, I'm sure Kanter can shut the paint down and switch out on LeBron James like Noah can. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You draft pieces that fit your visions of winning championships, not just being competitive.

How hard is this to understand?
I'm not comparing Kanter to Noah in any aspect except for height, which is the only primer that you used in making a point that he can't play center in the NBA.

PleezeBelieve
05-18-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm not comparing Kanter to Noah in any aspect except for height, which is the only primer that you used in making a point that he can't play center in the NBA.
I also said he lacked mobility and length to make up for his lack of height.

RedBlackAttack
05-18-2011, 08:30 PM
I also said he lacked mobility and length to make up for his lack of height.
I just don't feel like you've seen enough of him to make such a definitive statement. We can talk intellectually about the college players in this draft, because we've had the opportunity to watch them for whole games and whole seasons.

We are relying on sporadic highlights and limited game film on these European guys. I haven't seen enough of Kanter to say exactly how athletic or mobile he is.

CelticBaller
05-18-2011, 08:50 PM
obvius agenda here, OIAD obviusly wnats irving in the twolves :oldlol: . sorry blud, Dan doesn't read ish

Gundress
05-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Alec Burks isn't a point guard, the other two PG's of the draft that could be sitting there at #4 and wouldn't be an awful pick at that spot are Brandon Knight and Kemba Walker.

This argument is so empty because you're doing nothing but using speculation to make your point seem stronger.

"Those two guys could be better than Kyrie Irving"

"What if Kyrie Irving turns out he ain't sh!t and thsoe 3 guys I mention doing a great job"

Yeah, well, what if Kyrie Irving ends up being really good and every single guy you mentioned turns out to be "sh!t"?

See how easy it is to make such a stupid argument?

Just saying that's all and just throw some idea if they're gettig a PG but the cavs already have a bunch of G, too many. they need a spot for SF.

I rather they go with this Derrick Williams over Kyrie Irving

G-train
05-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Noah is a pretty long 6'10.

GiveItToBurrito
05-18-2011, 09:02 PM

This. Irving is legit, he's athletic and he'll be one of the best shooters in the league from day one. He almost reminds me of a more athletic Curry (Eddy obviously). Plus, you don't want to let a lame duck guy like Baron Davis or a journeyman like Sessions affect your high lottery pick, it's totally best player available when you're as torn down as Cleveland.

Williams would be a good fit, but I'd only take him if I was certain he would be much better than Kanter or someone. I think anyone would work well in Cleveland, they really don't have any definite keepers on their roster.

KG215
05-18-2011, 09:10 PM

Measuring in at 6’10 with shoes on and sporting a 7’1 wingspan...

his 260-pound frame afforded him a ton of success on the block. He’s not a great athlete by any standards, though he flashes some explosiveness from time to time, but uses his body as well as any player you’ll see on the high school level. He exceptionally good at using leverage, is extremely patient, won’t hesitate to initiate contact, and shows outstanding hands.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Enes-Kanter-5168/

He's not a legit 7 footer, but he's 6'10" with a 7'1" wingspan. Not freakish length by any stretch of the imagination but that's plenty of size and length to be an effective back to the basket scorer. However, he also has the ability to step out and shoot the mid-range jumper so he's not just a back to the basket player. He's shown range out to the college three point line. And this is just rumors and speculation, but I have read that Kanter might be closer to 6'11" now, in shoes, meaning he might measure closer to 6'10" in socks.

The more I see and read on Kanter the more I picture a slightly taller Carlos Boozer. I don't think Kanter is a full-time NBA PF but I do think he probably has a better back to the basket game than Boozer, so he can log more minutes in the pivot instead of PF if need be.

Unless you have found a way to get your hands on full game tapes of Valanciunas' Euroleague games then we're both doing the same thing that RBA alluded to. We're just basing our feelings towards the two players off of online scouting reports from different websites and highlight clips.

Also (and I'm not saying you're wrong) but do you have a link or something to prove Valanciunas had a 37/19 game on Enes Kanter? Because when I Googled it I couldn't find it. I did run across this, though...

He was MVP of the U18 European Championship, even as he played against prospects a year older than him. In the semi-final game, he posted 32 points, 25 rebounds and two blocks in 39 minutes against the tournament champion Serbia team. The bronze medal game was even better. In 36 minutes, Kanter scored 35 points on 16/22 shooting. He also grabbed 19 rebounds, stole three balls and blocked four shots against the Lithuanian team and big man prospect named Jonas Valanciunas. His overall tournament statistics were 18.6 points, 16.4 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 1.8 blocks.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/6820/meet-enes-kanter

noob cake
05-18-2011, 09:11 PM
This. Irving is legit, he's athletic and he'll be one of the best shooters in the league from day one. He almost reminds me of a more athletic Curry (Eddy obviously). Plus, you don't want to let a lame duck guy like Baron Davis or a journeyman like Sessions affect your high lottery pick, it's totally best player available when you're as torn down as Cleveland.

Williams would be a good fit, but I'd only take him if I was certain he would be much better than Kanter or someone. I think anyone would work well in Cleveland, they really don't have any definite keepers on their roster.

I don't know why people don't realize that Williams is a TWEENER. A very good one, but a TWEENER nevertheless. He is kinda undersized for 4 and probably have no more than average quickness for a 3.

Irving is the clear cut number 1. When you have the best pure point guard prospect since Chris Paul, you have to take him even if your team has a solid rotation of BDiddy/Sessions.

Putting this in words, Irving will be starting from day one. You can't hinder the development of a possibly superstar by benching him because BDiddy is a "veteran."

KG215
05-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Just saying that's all and just throw some idea if they're gettig a PG but the cavs already have a bunch of G, too many. they need a spot for SF.

I rather they go with this Derrick Williams over Kyrie Irving

First off, Derrick Williams is NOT a sure fire NBA SF. A quick Google search or reading his scouting profile on ESPN/DraftExpress will tell you as much. He's probably closer to an NBA PF than SF at this point.

The Cavs frontcourt rotation of Hickson/Varejao/Jamison/Hollins is much more solid at this point than the PG tandem of a 32 year old Baron Davis (who the Cavs have no interest in making a part of their future) and Ramon Sessions. You're clinically insane if you believe the Cavaliers are banking their future on a PG duo of Baron Davis and Ramon Sessions.

It should also be mentioned that the Cavs do have Antawn Jamison who can slide over and play SF.