PDA

View Full Version : Russell Westbrook benched during Game 2 of Thunder-Mavs WCF!

swi7ch
05-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Stop trying to lead the league the scoring! :oldlol:

Batz
05-19-2011, 11:25 PM
who league the scoring? like who now league?

BlueandGold
05-19-2011, 11:25 PM
First two posters too retarded for english.

Batz
05-19-2011, 11:26 PM
First two posters too retarded for english.
trololololololol

kaiiu
05-19-2011, 11:26 PM
scoring leader the leading?

AMISTILLILL
05-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Who's on second?

Brickz187
yo im ****ing DEAD! LMAOOOOOOO

imdaman99
Gotta go with the hot hand and Maynor is doin it

Smoke117
05-19-2011, 11:40 PM
How long until he says something about this "slight"? There is no way this guys ego lets this go. So we should all make bets...sometime during post game interviews?...later on twitter?...later pre game 3 interviews?

BlueandGold
05-19-2011, 11:45 PM
If anything have harden/westbrook in backcourt and Durant at the 3.

FKAri
05-19-2011, 11:45 PM
Who's on second?

Who

imdaman99
05-19-2011, 11:46 PM
How long until he says something about this "slight"? There is no way this guys ego lets this go. So we should all make bets...sometime during post game interviews?...later on twitter?...later pre game 3 interviews?
He's happy to win. I'm sure you restless c*nts make big deals out of nothing :lol

FourthTenor
05-19-2011, 11:48 PM
What good is having Durant and Harden on the floor if Westbrook is gonna jack all the shots?

Thats the risk Scott Brooks probably didnt wanna run.

dbugz
05-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Good things are happening when Maynor is on the floor instead of Westbrook.

All Westbrook does on the floor are to ballhog, jack ups questionable shot selection and wasting their shotclocks by keep on dribbling and dribbling until he turns the ball over.

I hope they keep him on the bench until he realize that basketball isn't all about dribbling and nba is not an and1 street ball competition.

liquidrage
05-19-2011, 11:49 PM
He's happy to win. I'm sure you restless c*nts make big deals out of nothing :lol

What are you kidding? Brooks just probably killed him mentally. Maynor should just start from now on. You don't take a guy that's been you're second biggest horse all year and bench him when he was having a good game and think it doesn't matter. This is a big deal IMO.

Christofire
05-19-2011, 11:50 PM
the bench was getting it done....why mess that up by taking them out...westbrook was having a solid game, but the bench was getting it done. Smart move by brooks.

tpols
What the mavs kept doing was letting westbrook dribble the ball and deny everyone else. And then the guy on westbrook, it was marion for a chunk in the second half, would play it safe and almost dare westbrook to shoot the midrange jumper.

Westbrook can be a really hot headed dumb player.

BlueandGold
the entire quarter? If anything he could have given the bench guys a break. Starters barely play an entire quarter of time.

KDthunderup
Westbrook really wasn't playing that bad, 7-15 is pretty good. Brooks kept him out because the bench were on a roll, he didnt need to upset that.

BarberSchool
05-19-2011, 11:51 PM
He was pissed and ICE GRILLED Brooks after Brooks took him out while telling him "PASS THE BALL"

liquidrage
05-19-2011, 11:52 PM

All Westbrook does on the floor are to ballhog, jack ups questionable shot selection and wasting their shotclocks by keep on dribbling and dribbling until he turns the ball over.

I hope they keep him on the bench until he realize that basketball isn't all about dribbling and nba is not an and1 street ball competition.

Ignorant post. Most of his dribbling is waiting on KD because a vast majority of his minutes the only scorers on the floor are him and KD. Harden doesn't play a lot with Westbrook. He was 7/15 tonight btw. Seriously, the ignorance of his game is astounding. You're basically have 2 games to complain about of the last 90.

ballerz
Maynor was playing well

Disaprine
the bench was getting it done....why mess that up by taking them out...westbrook was having a solid game, but the bench was getting it done. Smart move by brooks.
this

ThaSwagg3r
He played like crap at the end of the 3rd. Kept turning the ball over and not passing the ball to Durant. When Maynor was out there he stopped turning the ball over for the Thunder and passed the ball to Durant. Pretty simple.

dbugz
05-19-2011, 11:54 PM
Ignorant post. Most of his dribbling is waiting on KD because a vast majority of his minutes the only scorers on the floor are him and KD. Harden doesn't play a lot with Westbrook. He was 7/15 tonight btw. Seriously, the ignorance of his game is astounding. You're basically have 2 games to complain about of the last 90.

and yet he still jacking up questionable shot selections and forgot that he still have 3 other teammates playing alongside him :facepalm

ThunderKat
05-19-2011, 11:54 PM
Westbrook will be cool with it since they won. He always says he only cares about winning. :rockon: :cheers:

imdaman99
05-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Dude he improved from game 1. I have no doubt in my mind that he's gonna be even better in game 3. The bench was killin it so he prob feels slighted but I'm sure he's happy they won.

Vragrant
05-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Didnt see the game, but I can see why. Harden is actually their best playmaker.

Actually offensively there is nothing Harden can't do. He can get out in the open floor and finish, he can drive and finish in traffic, shoot 3's, drive and kick etc.

Outstanding player.

97 bulls
05-19-2011, 11:59 PM
What good is having Durant and Harden on the floor if Westbrook is gonna jack all the shots?

Thats the risk Scott Brooks probably didnt wanna run.
Exactly. Im positive if westbrook was in there, he goes into hero mode and take ill-advised shots and commits bad TOs.

50inchvertical
05-20-2011, 12:02 AM
He was 7 for 15. Rose would kill to shoot that good of a percentage

derman
05-20-2011, 12:05 AM
This move won OKC the game.

liquidrage
05-20-2011, 12:08 AM
and yet he still jacking up questionable shot selections and forgot that he still have 3 other teammates playing alongside him :facepalm

No, he didn't. Stop being a worthless poster.

He was benched because he yelled at Brooks obviously and he didn't shot jack tonight ****wad.

dbugz
05-20-2011, 12:24 AM
No, he didn't. Stop being a worthless poster.

He was benched because he yelled at Brooks obviously and he didn't shot jack tonight ****wad.

Fckn idiot.

I was pointing out that Maynor seemed like more perfect if you want Durant to keep his phase all throughout the game.

He might have an average game today but he still shooting 20% from the field this wcf( 40% during 1st and 2nd round) only averaging 3.0 assists plus an average turnover of friggin 4.0 a game :facepalm

50inchvertical
05-20-2011, 12:36 AM
Fckn idiot.

I was pointing out that Maynor seemed like more perfect if you want Durant to keep his phase all throughout the game.

He might have an average game today but he still shooting 20% from the field this wcf( 40% during 1st and 2nd round) only averaging 3.0 assists plus an average turnover of friggin 4.0 a game :facepalm
Your math is all types of wrong. 3-15 game1 + 7- 15game2= 10/20= 33.3%

dbugz
05-20-2011, 12:41 AM
Your math is all types of wrong. 3-15 game1 + 7- 15game2= 10/20= 33.3%

Got that average from nba.com. Don't have time to look at the stat and compute it. Maybe it aint updated yet. Nevertheless 33.3% is still friggin low.

Assassin
05-20-2011, 12:43 AM
That wouldn't ever happen to Rose.

50inchvertical
05-20-2011, 12:57 AM
You're right, no way Rose would make 7 out of 15 shots. He'd be more like 5-15 but ESPN and everybody would still suck his dick and show all 5 makes (likely 2 drop behind a screen pullup jumpers and a few acrobatic layups) and make no mention of the misses and blame his teammates

ThaSwagg3r
05-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Yeah, because Westbrook isn't being dependent on 99% of the time to score or create for others to score.

DuMa
05-20-2011, 01:19 AM
If Harden continues to progress like that.... Westbrook will become very expendable and tradeable for more assets

DMAVS41
05-20-2011, 03:58 AM

Yep.

DMAVS41
05-20-2011, 03:59 AM

Didn't Thibs bench Rose and some other starters earlier this year in a game late?

alenleomessi
05-20-2011, 04:56 AM
Harden should start, since Thabo doesnt really need to defend anyone from the Mavs guards

comerb
05-20-2011, 05:00 AM
Westbrook really wasn't playing that bad, 7-15 is pretty good. Brooks kept him out because the bench were on a roll, he didnt need to upset that.

You really believe that after watching the exchange between Brooks and Westbrook when he took him out?

I got some beachside for sale in Arizona if your interested.

You don't sit your star point guard in the 4th quarter of the conference Finals unless you're trying to make a point.

OKCThunderUP
05-20-2011, 05:46 AM

No, it didn't. What won them the game was moving Collison to PF so he can guard Nowitzki and putting Ibaka back in his more natural role on the weak side. Compare when those two are on the floor to when Perk re-enters the game. It's a night and day difference.

blacknapalm
05-20-2011, 06:40 AM
this helped them win, but i won't say it was the deciding factor. brooks stuck with maynor because he was having a good game. westbrook could have gone in the last minute or so but i don't see the point. the bench had it going. westbrook has proven that he either forces shots or passes down the stretch in these playoffs. he's just too inconsistent. when he's good, he's really good. when he's bad, he's just really bad. he needs to gain patience and let plays develop.

looking at the other side, durant almost goes out of his way to defend westbrook. i thought his post-game presser was well said. he's a good teammate.

at the end of the day, this was a coaching decision and i think it was the right one for the most part. westbrook needs to take this in stride. i'm actually sort of surprised/satisfied that brooks made that decision. it had to be made because westbrook has to be reeled in at times. as a fan of the game, i hope he grows from this.

dunksby
05-20-2011, 06:52 AM
It was because Maynor was having a good game, still I liked the fact that Brooks showed Westbrook that he would keep him on bench if his backup is playing a better and smarter game than him.

Shepseskaf
05-20-2011, 09:05 AM
The fact that this is a topic of conversation in the media shows just how much Westbrook and his shot-jacking have gained precedence over the team concept.

He is not the first 'star' to be benched down the stretch, nor will he be the last.

If I was in the Thunder management, I would let him walk. His poor decision-making and ego will dog him throughout his career.

IGOTGAME
05-20-2011, 09:18 AM
The fact that this is a topic of conversation in the media shows just how much Westbrook and his shot-jacking have gained precedence over the team concept.

He is not the first 'star' to be benched down the stretch, nor will he be the last.

If I was in the Thunder management, I would let him walk. His poor decision-making and ego will dog him throughout his career.

yeah, because it is so easy for Oklahoma City to acquire top shelf talent....

people really exxagerrate this type of stuff. It is no big deal.

People really underrate Westbrook. Try to blame him when the Thunder lose and then attribute all his success to Kevin Durant. Contrary to popular belief, Westbrook is an all star on any team. If Thunder don't want Westbrook, the Lakers would more than love to take him off their hands.

ThunderKat
05-20-2011, 09:20 AM

The guy is really young!! I'm hoping over the next few years he will be content to let the coaching staff dictate what his role is. I guess only time will tell.

Kaspah
05-20-2011, 09:26 AM
yeah, because it is so easy for Oklahoma City to acquire top shelf talent....

people really exxagerrate this type of stuff. It is no big deal.

Westbrook is almost always blamed for OKC's losses. His poor decision making, out of control drives, hero ball, and lack of passing all contribute and for some reason, including us, all see it and say WTF?

The fact OKC was down almost the entire game, or atleast seemed to be fighting an uphill battle-- then all the sudden Westbrook sits the entire 4th quarter, then astonishingly they pull the W.

That says A TON when you're considered the face of your team, with Durant slightly above him. His backup played the entire 4th quarter, and in my opinion won because of it.

Westbrook already has this bad reputation with ego, and he is not helping his case. You're a PG and the coach benches you while screaming "PASS THE BALL!".

:rolleyes:

IGOTGAME
05-20-2011, 09:30 AM
Westbrook is almost always blamed for OKC's losses. His poor decision making, out of control drives, hero ball, and lack of passing all contribute and for some reason, including us, all see it and say WTF?

The fact OKC was down almost the entire game, or atleast seemed to be fighting an uphill battle-- then all the sudden Westbrook sits the entire 4th quarter, then astonishingly they pull the W.

That says A TON when you're considered the face of your team, with Durant slightly above him. His backup played the entire 4th quarter, and in my opinion won because of it.

Westbrook already has this bad reputation with ego, and he is not helping his case. You're a PG and the coach benches you while screaming "PASS THE BALL!".

You can roll your eyes all you want. Without all those out of control drives that only he can do on that team the Thunder wouldnt be the team they are. Those drives are what put the pressure on the opposing teams bigs, NOT DURANT'S JUMPERS OFF SCREENS. Even when Westbrook misses(which he will improve on) he draws 2 or 3 defenders at the rim leading to easy offensive rebounds. The guy is a phenomenal talent who is learning the pg position. Oklahoma fans are just ungrateful. Without this guy the team turns into a pure jumpshooting team. He provides a necessary dimension if they EVER hope to win anything.

Maybe people should have been this critical of Kevin Durant when Ron Artest shut him down last year. Trust me, im no KD hater(he is one of my fav players) but the treatment of Westbrook just reeks of not understanding his impact on the game.

LA_Showtime
05-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Maynor was playing well, and Brooks wanted to ride the hot hand, especially since Westbrook, despite shooting well, made a lot of questionable decisions. It almost came back to bite them, but it worked. Big deal. It's not like Maynor's suddenly going to take over Westbrook's spot. Moving on...

BlackMamba24
05-20-2011, 10:10 AM
he'll become a great pg. he's only friggin 22. i see so much potential in him he just needs to mature. same goes for rose, he may be the mvp but he's still far from being a true elite guard. they're still young. chill out.

50inchvertical
05-20-2011, 10:16 AM

You must not have watched the game. We had a lead as early as the first half and played close with neither team blowing the other out the water until late in the 3rd when the bench + KD scored 10 straight possessions.

7-15 is NOT even a bad game. Derrick Rose was 7 for 23 and his team lost and everyone just blames his bad shooting games on his teammates every time.

There's 3PGs I'd take over Russ in a trade (Rose, DWill, CP3). If it's anything else, we're getting worse. If he has to be involved to facilitate a Dwight Howard deal, ok but that's all.

The ESPN guys were trying themselves to friggin trade him out of there last night.

We wouldn't have made it this far, postseason or regular season, without Westbrook so to just overanalyze every turnover and missed shot and hold it eternally against him is just unfair.

liquidrage
05-20-2011, 10:31 AM
Newsflash: Westbrook wasn't benched because of his play or Maynor's play. He was benched because he snapped at Brooks when he came back to the bench after a TO that was his fault. I mean really. He was having a good game. 2 of his 4 TO's were Perkin's fault anyways. Dude can't catch but still credited to Russ.

Go Getter
05-20-2011, 10:34 AM
You must not have watched the game. We had a lead as early as the first half and played close with neither team blowing the other out the water until late in the 3rd when the bench + KD scored 10 straight possessions.

7-15 is NOT even a bad game. Derrick Rose was 7 for 23 and his team lost and everyone just blames his bad shooting games on his teammates every time.

There's 3PGs I'd take over Russ in a trade (Rose, DWill, CP3). If it's anything else, we're getting worse. If he has to be involved to facilitate a Dwight Howard deal, ok but that's all.

The ESPN guys were trying themselves to friggin trade him out of there last night.

We wouldn't have made it this far, postseason or regular season, without Westbrook so to just overanalyze every turnover and missed shot and hold it eternally against him is just unfair.

What do you know from fair?

Every Bulls fan I know on Facebook said Rose had a bad game.....no one blames the other Bulls for that.

Westbrook is making a bad name for himself this year playing selfishly and stupidly and you just can't take it.

*And Rose is shooting 47% for his career, same as Dirk Nowitski.....don't line up his stats with Westbrooks without acknowledging that please.

liquidrage
05-20-2011, 10:34 AM

Westbrook took all the heat when Durant couldn't get open and he was the only other scorer on the floor. OKC needs another bench scorer so Harden can start and then the PG has more options then dribble till KD's open/drive if KD doesn't get open. Sadly, that is OKC's set offense.

Cook-Harden-Durant-Nazr/Collision + Maynor is a better offensive lineup not because of Maynor. Because there's 3 legit shooters outside of the PG, 2 that can create their own shot. Thabo and Perkins can't do anything offensively, Ibaka is limited to put backs and a nice mid range jumper. After that it's Durant gets open or Russ drives. And it worked sooooo bad it got them the 4 seed and to the WCF.

Go Getter
05-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Newsflash: Westbrook wasn't benched because of his play or Maynor's play. He was benched because he snapped at Brooks when he came back to the bench after a TO that was his fault. I mean really. He was having a good game. 2 of his 4 TO's were Perkin's fault anyways. Dude can't catch but still credited to Russ.
Where do you get your inside information?

Your post is illogical.

He was already being taken out when Brooks told him to pass and he snapped on him so how do you know the comment is what kept RW on the bench?

Please dont tell me you believe in what is said at press conferences.

Go Getter
05-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Westbrook took all the heat when Durant couldn't get open and he was the only other scorer on the floor. OKC needs another bench scorer so Harden can start and then the PG has more options then dribble till KD's open/drive if KD doesn't get open. Sadly, that is OKC's set offense.

Cook-Harden-Durant-Nazr/Collision + Maynor is a better offensive lineup not because of Maynor. Because there's 3 legit shooters outside of the PG, 2 that can create their own shot. Thabo and Perkins can't do anything offensively, Ibaka is limited to put backs and a nice mid range jumper. After that it's Durant gets open or Russ drives. And it worked sooooo bad it got them the 4 seed and to the WCF.
Obviously he was doing something wrong within the parameters of the offense unless you think Brooks is just picking on him.

Go Getter
05-20-2011, 10:40 AM
he'll become a great pg. he's only friggin 22. i see so much potential in him he just needs to mature. same goes for rose, he may be the mvp but he's still far from being a true elite guard. they're still young. chill out.
Winning MVP, being the AS starter, leading pgs in scoring and blocks, and leading your team to the ECF at 22 doesn't make you elite?

He's FAR from it?

Child please.

liquidrage
05-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Where do you get your inside information?

Your post is illogical.

He was already being taken out when Brooks told him to pass and he snapped on him so how do you know the comment is what kept RW on the bench?

Please dont tell me you believe in what is said at press conferences.

He was pulled out at his normal time. Brooks has basically never deviated from his rotation before. And no, I don't believe what was said at the press conference.

liquidrage
05-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Obviously he was doing something wrong within the parameters of the offense unless you think Brooks is just picking on him.

No, I think Russ said something pretty freaking bad to Brooks and Brooks benched him for it. Nothing else would even come close to making sense.

hawkfan
05-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Coach Brooks did the right thing.
Westbrook can play fantastic, like Game 7 of the Memphis series - absolutely fantastic, and then he plays like garbage, like last night.

Kiddlovesnets
05-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Theres no need for such overreaction. Steve Nash was benched for the 4th quarter when Dragic had a breakout game, so Dragic > Nash or the Suns played better without Nash?
:lol

Go Getter
05-20-2011, 01:21 PM
No, I think Russ said something pretty freaking bad to Brooks and Brooks benched him for it. Nothing else would even come close to making sense.

Him not passing when he should and Maynor sticking to the plan which resulted in RW getting benched doesn't make sense?

If Russ was killing in the parameters of the offense I'm sure some coarse words wouldn't get him benched.

raid09
05-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Him not passing when he should and Maynor sticking to the plan which resulted in RW getting benched doesn't make sense?

If Russ was killing in the parameters of the offense I'm sure some coarse words wouldn't get him benched.

Did you watch the entire game, or just the person with the ball? Durant continuously struggled to get separation during the 2nd and 3rd quarters last night.

swi7ch
05-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Come back to reality, Westbrick. OKC revolves around Durant, not you.

Ancient Legend
05-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Westbrook made a play call that his teammates failed to run properly. When the play broke down, Westbrook made a one-on-one move that resulted in a turnover.

Thunder head coach Scott Brooks promptly took Westbrook, who had four turnovers, out of the game. Brooks slapped the all-star point guard on his backside as he walked by him. Westbrook turned around and glared at the court. Then, when Brooks walked toward him and made a comment, Westbrook yelled, "I'm trying to run the [expletive] play, man."

Westbrook continued yelling on the bench for roughly a minute -- saying "tell them to run the [expletive] play," according to the source -- sparking assistant coach Maurice Cheeks to console him while the game was going on.

His teammates and other members of the organization know he's volatile and prone to getting angry, but it typically dissipates quickly.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/news/story?id=6569847

liquidrage
05-20-2011, 03:31 PM

See the above post. Something similar was leaked last night as well.

Brooks wasn't pissed at Russ when he came off the court, it was his normal sub time. It was what Russ did after he came off that got him benched. Brooks isn't going to throw him under a bus though so he did the "maynor" was hot during the press conference. Maynor was OK. It was Harden and Durant that went off. PG was basically irrelevant.

Legend of Josh
05-20-2011, 03:33 PM
It seems Westbrook handled the press pretty damn well all things considered. We all know he wasn't happy not playing in the 4th, and really, any player of his caliber, who wouldn't be? It was the right decision, but the entire thing could have easily backfired in Brooks' face. Thank God it didn't! Go Thunder!

alfonsito123
05-20-2011, 07:45 PM

I agree! :rockon:

alfonsito123
05-20-2011, 07:49 PM
They should start maynor or give him more minutes if westbrook continues to struggle. in game 1, he struggled to his shots. in game 2, he struggled by his turnovers. i think westbrook is more of a SG than a PG. would you agree?

LA_Showtime
05-20-2011, 07:53 PM
They shouldn't start Maynor. Hell, they shouldn't give him more than 15-20 minutes unless he's playing absolutely flawless basketball. Did you see the end of the 4th quarter? There's a reason he's a backup.

ace23
05-20-2011, 08:58 PM
People are overreacting to this. Westbrook only had 4 TO's and was 7-15.

Legend of Josh
05-20-2011, 09:06 PM
They should start maynor or give him more minutes if westbrook continues to struggle. in game 1, he struggled to his shots. in game 2, he struggled by his turnovers. i think westbrook is more of a SG than a PG. would you agree?

That's a fair assessment. Someone earlier mentioned the AI comparison. Westbrook's passing game is starting PG material, but he obviously looks more comfortable in the SG position.

He reminds me of Areans in that he'll be in-and-out of the superstar all-star superstar all-star merry-go-round.

Legend of Josh
05-20-2011, 09:17 PM

Starting Maynor would be foolish. It would derail OKC's flow and obviously tick off Westbrook. Westbrook is the starter, he's been a vital part of the team's success and getting them this far, so why in the hell would you bench him and start the backup based off the performance of a single game? Westbrook is already keeping his cool and doing the right thing... but if you bench him and start Maynor nothing positive could come from that; all hell would break loose and the team chemistry would be flipped upside down taking sides...

:hammerhead:

creepingdeath
05-20-2011, 09:52 PM
If OKC actually starts Maynor, I don't see the Thunder killing us. Yeah, he is streaky, but he is great at attacking the basket, he draws fouls, dishes out great passes and if he's got a hot hand, he can go off for 30+. OKC usually needs Westbrook to score 20+ to win a game.

Eat Like A Bosh
05-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Scottie Brooks did a good coaching job I suppose. But even though it paid off this time, Westbrook is definitely more important in crunch time than Maynor.

liquidrage
05-20-2011, 11:00 PM
They shouldn't start Maynor. Hell, they shouldn't give him more than 15-20 minutes unless he's playing absolutely flawless basketball. Did you see the end of the 4th quarter? There's a reason he's a backup.

Yeah people forget the two TO's that didn't get credited to Maynor due to chance. Yet 2 of Russ's 4 TO's were on Perkins but are credited to Westbrook because "stone hands" never got control.

Russ got pulled because he tried to run a play the players didn't run, had to improvise, turned it over, and was so pissed when he came to the bench he went off on Brooks about it. Westbrook mentally is easily set off kilter. With the media hounding and now this, I think he may be broke. We'll see how he responds.

Toizumi
05-21-2011, 10:42 AM
After the game, he said he had no problem with not playing because "we was winning."

Kujo
05-21-2011, 10:45 AM
It'll be very interesting to see how Westbrook responds tonight.

I'm starting think Westbrook may not resign with the Thunder, and they may look to sign, and trade him down the road. He clearly wants to be the man, and that's not going to happen with Durant on your team.

OKCThunderUP
05-21-2011, 12:10 PM

I'm starting think Westbrook may not resign with the Thunder, and they may look to sign, and trade him down the road. He clearly wants to be the man, and that's not going to happen with Durant on your team.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Kujo
05-21-2011, 12:21 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

:cheers:

I know Thunder fans don't want to hear this, and it maybe an extreme over-reaction, but this type of thing has happened before. Not enough balls for two ego's, both want to be the man, one decides to eventually leave or the team trades them.

Not saying it will happen.

OKCThunderUP
05-21-2011, 12:26 PM
:cheers:

I know Thunder fans don't want to hear this, and it maybe an extreme over-reaction, but this type of thing has happened before. Not enough balls for two ego's, one decides to eventually leave.

Dude, you don't give up on a 22 year old player who has made incredible strides as a PG in only 3 years. You have to remember this dude was a SG in college and moved to the point in the NBA. His game now compared to when he entered the league is phenomenally better and with his work ethic, mindset, and coachability there may not be a ceiling for just how good Westbrook can play. Giving up on a player this soon is how you destroy a franchise. Westbrook will not be traded off this team any time in the next 5 years.

50inchvertical
05-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Dude, you don't give up on a 22 year old player who has made incredible strides as a PG in only 3 years. You have to remember this dude was a SG in college and moved to the point in the NBA. His game now compared to when he entered the league is phenomenally better and with his work ethic, mindset, and coachability there may not be a ceiling for just how good Westbrook can play. Giving up on a player this soon is how you destroy a franchise. Westbrook will not be traded off this team any time in the next 5 years.
Don't bother. These kats just rehashing whatever the media tells them. Westbrook is taking a whole 2 more fgas per game than he did in the regular season.

As for coming out of the game and getting benched, as was mentioned he tried to change the play call but nobody responded so he had to go 1 on 1, turned the ball over, Scott pulled him and he yelled, "run the fvckin play!!.... every God damned time!" while pointing on the court.

He was asked about it again last night after practice and again laughed at the media and dismissed the notion he is mad or upset trying to take over the team, said something like, "you guys keep looking at what i do, how bad or good I'm playing, but what's important is how is the team playing and we were winning and are in the western conference finals."

3 wins away from potentially reaching the finals, with a team who are all locked up at least 1 more season and ages go 22,27,22,21,26 (starting lineup) then 22,24,22,22,29 and only 1 30+ in Nazr and yet people want to act like the sky is falling.

ThaSwagg3r
05-21-2011, 02:03 PM

He'll probably understand that he can't play like a dumbass and stay on the court otherwise his backup will gladly take his playing time.

LA_Showtime
05-21-2011, 02:55 PM

He also said, "We so excited!"

ace23
05-21-2011, 02:58 PM
http://wesleying.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Grammar-Police.png

ThunderKat
05-21-2011, 04:32 PM
^^^ Another reason these guys should be forced to complete at least 2 years of college. :facepalm

comerb
05-21-2011, 04:33 PM

I doubt it's the franchise that would cause a departure, it would probably be Westbrooke's decision.

I don't think he wants to leave, but the media are doing a great job at trying to shove a wedge in that team for some reason

OriginalNameGuy
05-21-2011, 05:01 PM
just put Westbrook at Shooting Guard, can't trust him to run Point anymore