PDA

View Full Version : Have no fear..Mavs will save the world

Dizzle-2k7
05-23-2011, 12:13 AM
Dont worry Heat-Haters. We can all rejoice in the fact that the Dallas Mavericks will bring the NBA Title back to Texas. Congrats to Cuban on buying his first Championship.

Despite the incredible individual talents that South Beach brings to the table, they are no match for the Texas Tornado-offense of the Mavericks. Dirk and company are too hungry to lose. JJ Barea is about to become a household name.... tell me who is gonna stop that little guy? Nobody. Throw in their length, 3 pt shooting, rebounding, and excellent defenders to throw at Bron/Wade (deshawn, marion, etc). Gonna be a tough series, but Ill see yall at the parade in 6 games.

http://2knuckleheadz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Mavs.jpg

kaiiu
05-23-2011, 12:15 AM
Refs will shit on them just like they did in 06

SavageMode
05-23-2011, 12:15 AM
D-Wade will just use his time machine and the Heat will win ezily. Next.

SebasMiamiFan
05-23-2011, 12:16 AM
Just like 2006...

http://www.allcanes.com/blog/uploaded_images/heat_champs-777955.jpg

Bogus_Sting
05-23-2011, 12:16 AM
Will Lebron AKA "the most versatile defender since Dennis Rodman" guard Dirk or JJ?

Derrick
05-23-2011, 12:17 AM
Just like 2006...

http://www.allcanes.com/blog/uploaded_images/heat_champs-777955.jpg
I see spoelstra :roll:

SebasMiamiFan
05-23-2011, 12:19 AM
I see spoelstra :roll:

Well he was the assistant coach in 2006. He's been with the Heat since 1995.

Mr. Incredible
05-23-2011, 12:20 AM
Sorry bruh, LeBron is getting his bling.

Kingwillball
05-23-2011, 12:21 AM
I hate these Threads When Both teams are only half way home against Capable teams.. However I'll bit

IF that matchup Occurs Mavs Will have to play Stevenson and Marion alot more than Terry and Peja cause Lebron and Wade will have a field day against them and right there Dallas loses some of its Firepower to add more defense..The HEat Defense is on another Level from ANY team out west and mavs Wont win Grind out games against Heat.. The games will be played in the 80's and low 90's which Suits the Heat not the High 90's and 100's the Mavs rather play. If Bosh can Come Close to Dirk in Overall production Heat will win cause U know Lebron and Wade will have some big games..

stephanieg
05-23-2011, 12:22 AM
The hopes and dreams of the free world depends on the Mavericks?

We're ****ed.

Vragrant
05-23-2011, 12:22 AM
How ironic is it, that these two teams might meet in the finals again, in their first trips back since 2006? (Assuming Mavs/Heat advance)

If the Heat beat the Mavs again Cuban might off himself.

I hope Lebron/Wade average 20 FTA a game

Dizzle-2k7
05-23-2011, 12:23 AM
I hate these Threads When Both teams are only half way home against Capable teams.. However I'll bit

IF that matchup Occurs Mavs Will have to play Stevenson and Marion alot more than Terry and Peja cause Lebron and Wade will have a field day against them and right there Dallas loses some of its Firepower to add more defense..The HEat Defense is on another Level from ANY team out west and mavs Wont win Grind out games against Heat.. The games will be played in the 80's and low 90's which Suits the Heat not the High 90's and 100's the Mavs rather play. If Bosh can Come Close to Dirk in Overall production Heat will win cause U know Lebron and Wade will have some big games..

Nobody has been able to slow down Kidd, JJ, or Terry.. I dont see the Heat breaking that run n gun.

SebasMiamiFan
05-23-2011, 12:24 AM
I know I'm biased here, but if the Heat beat Chicago in 5 or 6 games (who I consider the best of the best this season), I really don't see them losing to Dallas in the Finals, especially with home court advantage.

G-train
05-23-2011, 12:34 AM
Nobody has been able to slow down Kidd, JJ, or Terry.. I dont see the Heat breaking that run n gun.

they havent seen a defence like Miami's yet.

Bogus_Sting
05-23-2011, 12:37 AM
they havent seen a defence like Miami's yet.

How they goin to stop Dirk and JJ?

The Mavs might have defensive problems against the heat, but I don't see what match ups the heat can come up with.

Bosh, James or Anthony on Dirk?

What the f#ck are they goin to do?

TrueRob
05-23-2011, 12:38 AM
The Mavs would be the best offensive team the Heat have encountered in the playoffs. Also, Dallas is a veteran team that is just as good as Miami on the road. Chandler will wreak havoc on the glass if these two teams meet.

Kingwillball
05-23-2011, 12:40 AM

u dont understand basketball thats why.. but don't worry i'm here to teach

Noble6-AC45
05-23-2011, 12:42 AM
didnt people say the same thing when dallas was up 2-0 vs miami back in 06?

those who dont remember history are doom to repeat it

remember that op

G-train

The Mavs might have defensive problems against the heat, but I don't see what match ups the heat can come up with.

Anthony, Bosh and Haslem. Maybe Bron a bit.

With Wade and Lebron swarming as per usual.

Sure he'll get 25-30 points every game.

And 2 of the games Terry will get 25.

And the Heat would win 4-2.

If they make the finals.

G-train
And I dont care about Barea, he can have his 10 ppg against Wade if he can.

Basketball Fan
05-23-2011, 12:43 AM
didnt people say the same thing when dallas was up 2-0 vs miami back in 06?

those who dont remember history are doom to repeat it

remember that op

Well this time Miami has HCA and if Miami takes a 2-0 lead it would be schaedenfraude if Dallas took the next 4 games and won it all at Miami this time.

dirkdiggler41
05-23-2011, 12:44 AM
Anthony, Bosh and Haslem. Maybe Bron a bit.

With Wade and Lebron swarming as per usual.

Sure he'll get 25-30 points every game.

And 2 of the games Terry will get 25.

And the Heat would win 4-2.

If they make the finals.

I agree! With the quickness of LeBron and Wade, you can guard Dirk. There is a huge difference between the Bulls and Mavs. The Mavs can shoot, but I still think Heat will win because of their quick feet.

Kingwillball
05-23-2011, 12:45 AM
The Mavs would be the best offensive team the Heat have encountered in the playoffs. Also, Dallas is a veteran team that is just as good as Miami on the road. Chandler will wreak havoc on the glass if these two teams meet.

The Size of Chandler will help if he stays out of Foul trouble.. Yes Dallas is a Good offensive team but on a flip side Miami is the best Defense they will have faced as well.. Also I will take my chances of Lebron and Wade outplaying Wings of Mavs and Bosh if He continues to play like this can at least offset Dirk Somewhat..

BarberSchool
05-23-2011, 12:45 AM
Dallas has a few advantages:

1. Better interior defense
2. Better rebounding
3. Better ball movement
4. Better shooting from all ranges
5. less turnovers

Miami also has a few advantages:
1. Better perimeter defense
2. better transition offense
3. more diverse dribble penetration

It'd be a very intense series, one I hope the Dallas Mavericks would win. I think Dallas players' are more hungry for the title, even if they don't have the same physical expression of such.

LA_Showtime
05-23-2011, 12:46 AM
I do think it'll be a lot closer than people expect. The Mavericks' European style of drive and kick basketball will cause them fits. That of course is assuming both teams advance.

Stuckey
05-23-2011, 12:46 AM
not happening but i hope it goes to game 7 for suspense

G-train
05-23-2011, 12:47 AM
Miami are every bit as hungry as Dallas.
Dallas has the same problem as everybody.... Miami's D is fantastic and you cant stop Wade/Bron/Bosh.

G-train
05-23-2011, 12:48 AM
I do think it'll be a lot closer than people expect. The Mavericks' European style of drive and kick basketball will cause them fits. That of course is assuming both teams advance.

Miami performs better rotations than the Lakers and OKC, probably combined. :D As do the Bulls.

SebasMiamiFan
05-23-2011, 12:48 AM
Miami is hungry for a ring too.

SebasMiamiFan
05-23-2011, 12:49 AM
Miami performs better rotations than the Lakers and OKC, probably combined. :D As do the Bulls.

This.

G-train
05-23-2011, 12:52 AM
This.

Wade/Lebron really rotate and swarm fast and Haslem/Bosh/Anthony are quick on their feet too.

Bogus_Sting
05-23-2011, 12:56 AM
Dallas has an ace in their sleeve with Kidd. He is so smart and experience and his shooting has been so good this year. When the Mavs play JJ and Kidd at the same time that will wreak havoc on the Heat.

Mavs didn't have Kidd in 06. Perhaps the most underrated player of all-time? When there is talk of great PG's on this board people say Rose, Westbrook, Rondo, CP3. I think people forget Kidd is still the man.

SebasMiamiFan
05-23-2011, 12:56 AM
Wade/Lebron really rotate and swarm fast and Haslem/Bosh/Anthony are quick on their feet too.

Yahp. This is what the Heat were supposed to be like back when the season began, but Haslem and Miller got hurt. Now the Heat are at full strength.

BarberSchool
05-23-2011, 12:59 AM
Miami performs better rotations than the Lakers and OKC, probably combined. :D As do the Bulls.Which is exactly why the Mavericks weak side perimeter players like Peja, Stephenson, Terry, Barea etc should all be working overtime on their runners, floaters and off the dribble midrange when run off the 3 point line. Peha has been hitting alot of 11-14 foot runners off one leg after being ran off the 3pt line this post-season. And we all know Barea and Terry are capable. Stephenson even recognized this scenario when OKC sent 2 bigs to double dirk and got a layup for his saavy fake. Mavericks weakside players should also be working extensively on passing both to big men/cutters, and back out to shooters off their easy dribble penetration, because Miami's rotations are quick and on time.

Dallas weak side offensive decision making will be a key factor in this series, God willing it happen.

Kingwillball
05-23-2011, 01:00 AM
Yahp. This is what the Heat were supposed to be like back when the season began, but Haslem and Miller got hurt. Now the Heat are at full strength.

Haslem now showing flashes of what was expected out of him..the same cant be said for Miller.. Dude has been Useless on the offensive side..

G-train
Dallas has an ace in their sleeve with Kidd. He is so smart and experience and his shooting has been so good this year. When the Mavs play JJ and Kidd at the same time that will wreak havoc on the Heat.

Mavs didn't have Kidd in 06. Perhaps the most underrated player of all-time? When there is talk of great PG's on this board people say Rose, Westbrook, Rondo, CP3. I think people forget Kidd is still the man.

He is an experienced player, and smart. Also 1000 years old.
Speed of Miami guards (Chalmers, Wade, Lebron) may work against him.
I would expect a solid series from him though.

suns
Remember 06 when Wade had 25 and 21 FTs in the last 2 games. You couldnt breathe on him without getting a foul. Compare that to yesterday when Dirk was mugged throughout the game without one call. until the intentionals at the end.
The Ft discrepancy in the last Mav game was criminal. 3/1 ratio before the intentionals.

Dont worry, there is absolutely no way Stern will allow a Mavs championship.

dunksby
05-23-2011, 01:01 AM
Seriously its not that hard to play D on prolly the worst offensive team remaining in the playoffs. People are overrating Heat's D now.

G-train
05-23-2011, 01:01 AM
Haslem now showing flashes of what was expected out of him..the same cant be said for Miller.. Dude has been Useless on the offensive side..

It's good he is seeing some time still to find some form, and not quite costing the heat games.

G-train
05-23-2011, 01:02 AM
Seriously its not that hard to play D on prolly the worst offensive team remaining in the playoffs. People are overrating Heat's D now.

Heat and Bulls are the best defensive teams in the NBA. Pretty much all season too, even when Miami struggled offensively.

BarberSchool
05-23-2011, 01:05 AM
Heat and Bulls are the best defensive teams in the NBA. Pretty much all season too, even when Miami struggled offensively.Playing defense against the Bulls is MONUMENTALLY an easier task than playing defense on the Mavericks.

SebasMiamiFan
05-23-2011, 01:07 AM

Yah I haven't really liked Miller that much this season, but there's games where he really hustles and gets blue collar rebounds like he did in game 2.

BarberSchool
05-23-2011, 01:07 AM
Dont worry, there is absolutely no way Stern will allow a Mavs championship.There is always the chance of either of these happening:

1. Stern decides he wants to let them play without giving the Heat any assistance.

2. Dallas overcomes the odds and a big FT discrepancy and wins the series anyways.

Harion
05-23-2011, 01:12 AM
the Heat are not yet at full strength. what are you talking about? Haslem is nowhere near 100% and i'm sure as fk Miller isn't even close to 50% back. he's a walking rebounder with 2 bad thumbs - for a shooter :facepalm Mario Chalmers is still growing and if he continues to work on his 3 point shooting and ball handling this offseason, Miami will be even deadlier. and let's not even mention that the Heat will surely try to cover their weakness at the Center position next season. 100%? nah. that's why this Heat team is so scary. they have not yet reached their ceiling.

SebasMiamiFan
05-23-2011, 01:13 AM
the Heat are not yet at full strength. what are you talking about? Haslem is nowhere near 100% and i'm sure as fk Miller isn't even close to 50% back. he's a walking rebounder with 2 bad thumbs - for a shooter :facepalm Mario Chalmers is still growing and if he continues to work on his 3 point shooting and ball handling this offseason, Miami will be even deadlier. and let's not even mention that the Heat will surely try to cover their weakness at the Center position next season. 100%? nah. that's why this Heat team is so scary. they have not yet reached their ceiling.

I know in the future. I meant the current roster. Miller has been hurt, but how much can you blame that on his season. He's just been pretty bad. I told everyone that this was a test season. We don't have a legit PG, C, or bench.

G-train
05-23-2011, 01:17 AM
Playing defense against the Bulls is MONUMENTALLY an easier task than playing defense on the Mavericks.

Obvious is obvious.
what's your point?

I have already stated Heat can play great defence against everyone.

Bogus_Sting
05-23-2011, 01:18 AM
Obvious is obvious.
what's your point?

I have already stated Heat can play great defence against everyone.

Except Dirk....

-playmaker-
05-23-2011, 01:18 AM
if the Finals is Mavs/Heat...the one thing that does give me hope is that the Mavs handled up on the Heat during the regular season...

SebasMiamiFan
05-23-2011, 01:19 AM
if the Finals is Mavs/Heat...the one thing that does give me hope is that the Mavs handled up on the Heat during the regular season...

They always do, yet we beat them in the Finals. I think Dallas has swept us 6 of the last 7 years.

Kingwillball
05-23-2011, 01:20 AM

U should know better.. The Celtics and Bulls fans felt the same way..:hammerhead:

G-train
05-23-2011, 01:21 AM
Not that it matters much, Heat lost first game to Mavs at Dallas by 11 and Butler was their best player.
Lost second game at home by 2, with Butler again.

Heat playing much better than then, no butler for mavs, haslem for heat.

Heat007

What are you stupid?? or are you new to basketball?

Udonis "the Adonis" Haslem f*cked Dirk up the a$$ in 2006.

Dirk still has nightmares of Haslem sticking on him like glue on wood. And raping his german a$$

SebasMiamiFan
Not that it matters much, Heat lost first game to Mavs at Dallas by 11 and Butler was their best player.
Lost second game at home by 2, with Butler again.

Heat playing much better than then, no butler for mavs, haslem for heat.

This.

G-train
05-23-2011, 01:22 AM
Except Dirk....

Does anyone????
As previosuly stated, he will get his 25-30. It will be tough though, Anthony/Bosh playing better D now and haslem is back too.

-playmaker-
05-23-2011, 01:24 AM
http://www.nba.com/games/20101127/MIADAL/gameinfo.html

Dallas 106, Miami 95

http://www.nba.com/games/20101220/DALMIA/gameinfo.html

Dallas 98, Miami 96

there is reason to have HOPE

I'll say this though, if the refs f*ck us this year cause Stern wants LBJ to have a ring then I might done with the NBA for good...the reffing better be fair in this one for the love of God...

Alonzo Magic
05-23-2011, 01:28 AM
You guys NUKED us in our two meetings in 05/06. Hell, you've won the last 14 regular season games against us. Last time we beat DAL - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvZ9PdWcaFs

Sneakerpro
05-23-2011, 01:36 AM
You guys NUKED us in our two meetings in 05/06. Hell, you've won the last 14 regular season games against us. Last time we beat DAL - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvZ9PdWcaFs

I can't wait until JJ Barea's big headed ass is spilling champaign in the AAA locker room.

Marion will guard Lebron and Kidd will do a decent job on Wade.

The Mavs the only team in left in the playoffs who have a crunch time 5 of players where you can't ignore any of them.

I see Rick playing zone and daring Lebron and Wade to shoot the Mavs out of it.

alfonsito123
05-23-2011, 01:41 AM
I agree! With the quickness of LeBron and Wade, you can guard Dirk. There is a huge difference between the Bulls and Mavs. The Mavs can shoot, but I still think Heat will win because of their quick feet.

let's not focus on dirk alone. i think you forgot about the holes in the heat's line-up. they don't have a decent PG and C. chandler is gonna punish anthony so they need haslem and the big bums in the bench. J-kidd, terry, barea will punish bibby. miller is no good. james will take his time on dirk but he's gonna be cautious or he could be on foul trouble. wade is not gonna cover dirk. but he is gonna cover kidd, terry and barea. bosh will take his time on dirk or chandler but im afraid he is gonna be in foul trouble. we still have marion, stevenson, peja and haywood, you cant count these guys out. :cheers:

Bogus_Sting
05-23-2011, 02:09 AM
What are you stupid?? or are you new to basketball?

Udonis "the Adonis" Haslem f*cked Dirk up the a$$ in 2006.

Dirk still has nightmares of Haslem sticking on him like glue on wood. And raping his german a$$

Interesting perspective.

You confident of Haslem goin head to head with Dirk?

thomaspynchon
05-23-2011, 02:10 AM
Mavs perimeter defense is built to beat Miami--the problem is, will the refs let the boys just play?

G-train
05-23-2011, 02:14 AM
Marion will guard Lebron and Kidd will do a decent job on Wade.

I'll believe that when I see it.

I see Rick playing zone and daring Lebron and Wade to shoot the Mavs out of it.

Zone? Hello open shots to Bosh, Miller, Haslem, Jones, Bibby, everybody.

Alonzo Magic
05-23-2011, 02:17 AM
Joel Anthony absolutely shut Dirk down for memory in the last game. We would have won had Shawn Marion not had a magnet stuck up his ass. The ball was defying gravity to find it's way to Matrix the whole 4th quarter.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-23-2011, 02:26 AM
Miami are every bit as hungry as Dallas.
Dallas has the same problem as everybody.... Miami's D is fantastic and you cant stop Wade/Bron/Bosh.

Miami has not seen a team who has so many shooters on the floor...Freaking Dirk can lite it up from 3 point line in any game

Also the thing to notice is with Dallas has penetrating guards which will suck in the defense and throw out to their shooters.....

Miami hasnt faced a team like dallas yet...Celtics only had Ray Allen & nobody else to hit the outside shot...Mavs have Dirk/Terry/Peja/JJ...Kidd and stevenson are not that bad either

DirkNowitzki41
05-23-2011, 02:27 AM
The Heat are hungry, but do you really believe they are AS hungry as the Mavs? :roll: :roll:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-23-2011, 02:28 AM
I'll believe that when I see it.

Zone? Hello open shots to Bosh, Miller, Haslem, Jones, Bibby, everybody.

lol you are talking like all these players have made their shots consistently... from 18-20 feet..other than bosh

Bogus_Sting
Miami has not seen a team who has so many shooters on the floor...Freaking Dirk can lite it up from 3 point line in any game

Also the thing to notice is with Dallas has penetrating guards which will suck in the defense and throw out to their shooters.....

Miami hasnt faced a team like dallas yet...Celtics only had Ray Allen & nobody else to hit the outside shot...Mavs have Dirk/Terry/Peja/JJ...Kidd and stevenson are not that bad either

The question is will the Mavs sweep the Heat, or can Lebron and co maybe steal one game at home?

G-train
The Heat are hungry, but do you really believe they are AS hungry as the Mavs? :roll: :roll:

Undoubtedly.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :roll: :roll: :oldlol: :oldlol:

DirkNowitzki41
05-23-2011, 02:30 AM
Undoubtedly.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :roll: :roll: :oldlol: :oldlol:

How?

:oldlol: :oldlol: :roll: :oldlol:

G-train
05-23-2011, 02:31 AM
http://px9.funformobile.com/d/169/61/1fjdcjav7c/lebronjames.gif

G-train
05-23-2011, 02:31 AM
How not?

Lebron wants a ring more than the Dallas mavs entire team.

How can you say Dallsa wants it more? How do you measure it?

King Lebron LBJ
05-23-2011, 02:33 AM
The question is will the Mavs sweep the Heat, or can Lebron and co maybe steal one game at home?

Funny stuff, Dallas plays poor to average defense, have no real post option and are so good due to their perimeter game which would get shut down by Miami.The Mavs have nobody who can even hope to stop or contend Lebron or Wade and Bosh would hold his own vs Dirk. Who Miami can throw a bunch of different looks at him. It won't be easy for Miami due to their depth but I fail to see how Dallas wins. No way are Lebron/Wade losing once they make the finals.

Dallas not having a consistant 2nd option will hurt them.

JChurches
05-23-2011, 02:35 AM
How?

:oldlol: :oldlol: :roll: :oldlol:

Maybe because they are the most scrutinized team in sports history? Moron.

thomaspynchon
05-23-2011, 02:41 AM
Funny stuff, Dallas plays poor to average defense, have no real post option and are so good due to their perimeter game which would get shut down by Miami.The Mavs have nobody who can even hope to stop or contend Lebron or Wade and Bosh would hold his own vs Dirk. Who Miami can throw a bunch of different looks at him. It won't be easy for Miami due to their depth but I fail to see how Dallas wins. No way are Lebron/Wade losing once they make the finals.

Holy shit, this could be the most incorrect post in the history of ISH.

Mr. Jabbar
05-23-2011, 02:43 AM
If its not the bulls, then i hope the mavs save the league

Ancient Legend
05-23-2011, 02:49 AM
If its not the bulls, then i hope the mavs save the league

The Heat can throw physical defenders such as Joel Anthony, Udonis Haslem on Dirk, at least try to make things hard on him, but who on the Mavs can guard Wade AND LeBron? Terry, Peja, Marion? :lol

On defense, Dirk will have to work against Bosh, unlike Ibaka. And If Wade can chase and slow down Rose, the MVP, he won't have to worry as much with Kidd, who never looks for his shot. And Barea is just an extremely poor man's Rose.

The Heat would have survived the toughest defenses in the NBA besides them, the Celts and Bulls. What defensive teams have the Mavs beaten?

Also beating a team 2 times in the regular season, like the Mavs did to the Heat doesn't matter. The Heat were 1-7 against the Bulls and Celts this year, remember?

Heat all the way.

DirkNowitzki41
05-23-2011, 02:50 AM
Maybe because they are the most scrutinized team in sports history? Moron.

What the ****? Dallas is more hungry to win a title than Miami, it's simple, there is really no need to explain why.

King Lebron LBJ
05-23-2011, 02:51 AM
What the ****? Dallas is more hungry to win a title than Miami, it's simple, there is really no need to explain why.

:oldlol:

JChurches
05-23-2011, 02:56 AM

"more hungry" :roll: :roll:

DirkNowitzki41
05-23-2011, 02:58 AM
"more hungry" :roll: :roll:

I was waiting for that. It's 3am and it's ****ing inside hoops, get over it.

alfonsito123
05-23-2011, 02:59 AM

yeah and so as miami who doesn't know who is their 2nd option. lebron? wade? or bosh? those three liked to be the first options:roll:

Kingwillball
05-23-2011, 02:59 AM

Just cause the Mavs beat your Lakers does not mean they will beat the Heat..Yes they can shoot but the ONly Real Threat to Drive is Barea..Kidd just hangs by the 3 point line mostly now.. We keep talking about Dallas shooters but Peja on Lebron Nope Terry on Wade Nope.. so those two will play less minutes... Stevenson and Matrix will have to play more than to at least contain Lebron and Wade.. Heat will Use a Lineup of Bibby/Chalmers Wade, Lebron,Haslem and Bosh alot.. Anyway Heat have a couple solid defenders to throw at Dirk who will still Get his but They cant Double him too much leaving shooters open.. Definitely a tougher more Diverse offense to stop but on other hand a Defense that will seem like a picnic Compared to last 2 series for Lebron and Wade to attack.. I am sure Dwade will use the same Formula he did against Mavs the Last time they met in Finals and Lebron will do a little of everything winning Finals MVP..

Bogus_Sting
05-23-2011, 03:11 AM
If the Mavs do play the Heat in the Finals, do you think maybe the Heat will be disadvantaged because of 06.

Remember how Cuban called the refs out (and Phil Jackson agreed), if they meet again the refs will be under so much pressure to call it fair.

Heat won't be able to get those ticky tacky calls, and lose their advantage.

All these years later and Cuban's comments have become relevant (if both teams meet). At the time Cuban was punished, but could have been the best move he has ever made.

LebronGOAT
05-23-2011, 03:17 AM
Miami would win in 5-6 games.

1. Dallas is an average rebounding team and Miami would not get harmed from a rebounding perspective which has been a problem at time this season. In fact, a lineup of Wade Miller Lebron Haslem and Bosh would give Miami the rebounding edge over Dallas. When Miami has the rebounding edge over you it is really hard to beat them.

2. Bosh would nearly cancel Dirk out which would harm Dallas' chances of winning since they need their sole superstar to have a big advantage at PF to beat Miami. Dirk would still get his points, but Bosh could guard Dirk better than anyone else has so far in the playoffs. Add in rover Lebron and then Wade, Haslem, and Joel and I think Dirk would have his lowest offensive output in the playoffs by a decent margin.

Dirk is the best PF in the league but Bosh prefers guarding players like Dirk over players like Howard. Also Bosh would hold his own and score a good amount of points against Dirk, whose defense is nowhere near great. Bosh also is just as good if not better than Dirk in rebounding.

3. While Dallas has good interior defense which is an advantage they have against Wade and Lebron, they have no scoring threats from center. This will negate the weakness Miami often times has in allowing centers to score in the paint easily.

4. While Kidd is still a good PG and would do well from an all around perspective against Miami, he is not a dynamic offensive PG who gives Miami trouble. Mario and Bibby will have no problems defending Kidd. Bibby is doing a decent job on Rose even (in the team system that is).

5. Lebron and Wade would do pretty well against the wing defenders of Dallas.

Summary: Miami has 2 big weaknesses: PG and C. Dallas has no interior scoring from its centers and they have limited offensive scoring from the PGs. Dallas plays right into Miami's hands.

Mrofir
05-23-2011, 05:05 AM
ohhh please oh please oheehpeeplease

Andrei89
05-23-2011, 06:54 AM
You want to beat the Heat with home court?:roll: :roll: :roll:

They are undefeated on their home court these playoffs 7-0 at the moment.

Wade will own the Mavericks and if Bosh plays well Heat in 5

DMAVS41
05-23-2011, 07:02 AM
I'll worry about it if both teams get there.

Obviously the Heat would be big favorites, but I think the Mavs would pose a lot more problems for the Heat than people think.

thomaspynchon
05-23-2011, 07:15 AM
The Heat will beat dallas just like portland would win in 6 and la would sweep the mavs.

LurkingFanboy
05-23-2011, 08:11 AM
You want to beat the Heat with home court?:roll: :roll: :roll:

They are undefeated on their home court these playoffs 7-0 at the moment.

Wade will own the Mavericks and if Bosh plays well Heat in 5
Dallas is one of the best road teams in the NBA. They will have just finished playing in some of the loudest and most intimidating gyms in the league Rose Garden, Staples Center, and in OKC. Miami's team might bother the Mavs playing in Miami won't.

If the Mavs are feeling their shot it won't matter what the Heat do they are going to lose. Mavs are a jump shooting team true but when shooters the caliber of what the Mavs have are feeling it short of body slamming them they are going to hit their shots and the Heat wouldn't be able to keep up with them. Although I put maybe a 15% chance of that happening. Hate to say it and make what sounds like excuses but whoever gets the most ref help is going to win this series.

Hawker
05-23-2011, 09:50 AM
If this match-up comes true, Heat fans have no right to complain about the refs at all. Everything that goes against them is just karma.

ballerz
05-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Dirk will dominate and has been beasting in the playoffs

Cangri
05-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Dirk is gonna caus so much problems for the heat, the only way the Mavs lose is if Dirk plays a bad series, and that ain't gonna happen.

BarberSchool
05-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Dirk is gonna caus so much problems for the heat, the only way the Mavs lose is if Dirk plays a bad series, and that ain't gonna happen.Mavericks can lose several ways:

1. Obvious fix like 2006
2. Bench shooters don't shoot well all series long
3. Haywood shows little interest with Chandler in constant foul trouble

But Dallas I think would still be more likely than Miami to win the series.

ALBballer
05-23-2011, 11:02 AM
It would be the ideal matchup and there are a ton of story lines that can go with it.

-Will Kidd, Dirk, Marion, Peja finally get a ring?
-Can Dirk get redemption for 2006?
-Will this be a start of a dynasty for the Heat?

TheJuice31
05-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Honestly, the bigger picture is not what anyone can do to stop the Heat this season but for the next few years. Regardless of the outcome of this Chicago series, it's pretty troubling to see Miami playing championship-level basketball this early into the LBJ-Wade-Bosh era. Factor in that supporting cast-wise, this may be as bad as it gets for Miami and this is already setting up to be a rather bleak sign for the Heat haters for the next few years. At the very worst, they're going to have chance after chance after chance with the way things are shaping up in the East.

BarberSchool
05-23-2011, 11:11 AM
Honestly, the bigger picture is not what anyone can do to stop the Heat this season but for the next few years. Regardless of the outcome of this Chicago series, it's pretty troubling to see Miami playing championship-level basketball this early into the LBJ-Wade-Bosh era. Factor in that supporting cast-wise, this may be as bad as it gets for Miami and this is already setting up to be a rather bleak sign for the Heat haters for the next few years. At the very worst, they're going to have chance after chance after chance with the way things are shaping up in the East.Miami and Chicago will be perennial powerhouses, New York might be after they get their house in order too.

arifgokcen
05-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Dallas has a few advantages:

1. Better interior defense
2. Better rebounding
3. Better ball movement
4. Better shooting from all ranges
5. less turnovers

Miami also has a few advantages:
1. Better perimeter defense
2. better transition offense
3. more diverse dribble penetration

It'd be a very intense series, one I hope the Dallas Mavericks would win. I think Dallas players' are more hungry for the title, even if they don't have the same physical expression of such.

Miami is definitely better at rebounding and interior defense of miami is better.They literally build a wall around the rim.I have watched both teams enough to know that miami's defense is better all around

NugzHeat3
05-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Miami will kill Dallas. LOL @ Dirk being any type of mismatch. He's going to pull off another classic choke so I'm not worried about him. Haslem had him on lock in the 2006 series.

Wade and James gonna tear that soft defense apart.

creepingdeath
05-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Miami would win in 5-6 games.

1. Dallas is an average rebounding team and Miami would not get harmed from a rebounding perspective which has been a problem at time this season. In fact, a lineup of Wade Miller Lebron Haslem and Bosh would give Miami the rebounding edge over Dallas. When Miami has the rebounding edge over you it is really hard to beat them.

2. Bosh would nearly cancel Dirk out which would harm Dallas' chances of winning since they need their sole superstar to have a big advantage at PF to beat Miami. Dirk would still get his points, but Bosh could guard Dirk better than anyone else has so far in the playoffs. Add in rover Lebron and then Wade, Haslem, and Joel and I think Dirk would have his lowest offensive output in the playoffs by a decent margin.

Dirk is the best PF in the league but Bosh prefers guarding players like Dirk over players like Howard. Also Bosh would hold his own and score a good amount of points against Dirk, whose defense is nowhere near great. Bosh also is just as good if not better than Dirk in rebounding.

3. While Dallas has good interior defense which is an advantage they have against Wade and Lebron, they have no scoring threats from center. This will negate the weakness Miami often times has in allowing centers to score in the paint easily.

4. While Kidd is still a good PG and would do well from an all around perspective against Miami, he is not a dynamic offensive PG who gives Miami trouble. Mario and Bibby will have no problems defending Kidd. Bibby is doing a decent job on Rose even (in the team system that is).

5. Lebron and Wade would do pretty well against the wing defenders of Dallas.

Summary: Miami has 2 big weaknesses: PG and C. Dallas has no interior scoring from its centers and they have limited offensive scoring from the PGs. Dallas plays right into Miami's hands.
Stopped reading right there. :roll:

drizzy0503
05-23-2011, 11:55 AM
The hopes and dreams of the free world depends on the Mavericks?

We're ****ed.
:lol :lol :lol

PP34Deuce
05-23-2011, 12:14 PM
I will say this.....

People thought early on Russell Westbrook would wreak havoc on Kidd. Kidd at 38 can still neautralize fast break opportunities. Hes lost quickness, but straight line speed he still is smart and fast enough to play whatever 2-1 fastbreak they make. Kidd wont stop wade, but Wade cant post up Kidd effectively, Kidd also gets away with a lot of veteran tricks.

Dirk is alot smarter player than 2006. I dont think he will go off at all,but Dirk plays his game and passes out if he doesnt get a good shot. he doesnt chuck which is why Dallas is always in it.

Its going to be a 6-7 game series if it comes to that.

Chicago still hold momentum if they win game 4 and same with OKC

-playmaker-
05-23-2011, 12:47 PM
http://www.nba.com/games/20101127/MIADAL/gameinfo.html

Dallas 106, Miami 95

http://www.nba.com/games/20101220/DALMIA/gameinfo.html

Dallas 98, Miami 96

there is reason to have HOPE

I'll say this though, if the refs f*ck us this year cause Stern wants LBJ to have a ring then I might done with the NBA for good...the reffing better be fair in this one for the love of God...
hope...

Mr. Incredible
05-23-2011, 12:51 PM
I'll laugh when the Heat get to the Finals & you guys say the Mavericks will beat them.

The Heat can't beat the Celtics....:facepalm

The Heat can't beat the Bulls. 3-0, 3-0, 3-0!! :facepalm

& now they can't beat the Mavs.
:sleeping

LurkingFanboy
05-23-2011, 02:52 PM
I'll laugh when the Heat get to the Finals & you guys say the Mavericks will beat them.

The Heat can't beat the Celtics....:facepalm

The Heat can't beat the Bulls. 3-0, 3-0, 3-0!! :facepalm

& now they can't beat the Mavs.
:sleeping
Join the club. Mavs can't beat Portland. Mavs will get dominated by the Lakers. The younger more athletic OKC will destroy the Mavs.

Frankly thus far this playoffs the Mavs have had a harder road and have proven more than the Heat(Heat beat a barely 50 76ers club, a hurt celtics team, and are up 2-1 on the Bulls who if they steal game 4 series is even). So if anybody should be getting salty folks think they don't have a chance it should be the Mavs.:no: Gloat when it's over not before.

Kingwillball
05-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Bottom Line Lebron is not gonna be Denied his ring.. He put the proclamation out there before the season and HAs to live up to it now..This is the start of the Heat Dynasty.. For the next 4 or 5 yrs at least Heat will be one of if not the best team in the league..

Kingwillball
05-23-2011, 03:02 PM
Join the club. Mavs can't beat Portland. Mavs will get dominated by the Lakers. The younger more athletic OKC will destroy the Mavs.

Frankly thus far this playoffs the Mavs have had a harder road and have proven more than the Heat(Heat beat a barely 50 76ers club, a hurt celtics team, and are up 2-1 on the Bulls who if they steal game 4 series is even). So if anybody should be getting salty folks think they don't have a chance it should be the Mavs.:no: Gloat when it's over not before.

Disagree, Sixers and Portland is Close maybe Portland is slightly Better(Sixers are athletic and play better D however).. Celtics and Lakers again are close both been the class of each Conf the past few yrs..Beating the Bulls however is more impressive having the best record in League, Home court advantage and League MVP..

kentatm
05-23-2011, 03:10 PM
I'd rather wait for Dallas to actually be in the Finals before I discuss how they may play.

We should all do the same for the Heat.

Chicago could still easily come back and win just as could OKC.

DMAVS41
05-23-2011, 03:11 PM
I'd rather wait for Dallas to actually be in the Finals before I discuss how they may play.

We should all do the same for the Heat.

Chicago could still easily come back and win just as could OKC.

Yep. I've never seen anything like this. Up 2-1 is nothing in both series. And the Thunder are at home and favored tonight.

Never knew a potentially tied series at 2-2 was over.

PP34Deuce
05-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Disagree, Sixers and Portland is Close maybe Portland is slightly Better(Sixers are athletic and play better D however).. Celtics and Lakers again are close both been the class of each Conf the past few yrs..Beating the Bulls however is more impressive having the best record in League, Home court advantage and League MVP..

LOL WOW..

First off No one in the East would want to play Portland as an opening round. They are athletic with shooters,athletic big man and a SF who is a premiere defender. MAVS beating portland is alot more impressive than Philly. Dont overrate the competition at the expense of desperately trying to prove your point.

LA and BOS are a wash. Analyst were saying both team would beat DAL and MIA. Dal was being disrespected after being up 2-0 with people saying lakers would win this in 6-7...Same with MIA.

So far, OKC and Bulls are about even in impact and honestly I dont think MIA would want to play a just as athletic OKC team who matches up better.

So far Id say the Mavs have had a slightly tougher way because they have been pretty disrespected.

DMAVS41
05-23-2011, 03:53 PM
LOL WOW..

First off No one in the East would want to play Portland as an opening round. They are athletic with shooters,athletic big man and a SF who is a premiere defender. MAVS beating portland is alot more impressive than Philly. Dont overrate the competition at the expense of desperately trying to prove your point.

LA and BOS are a wash. Analyst were saying both team would beat DAL and MIA. Dal was being disrespected after being up 2-0 with people saying lakers would win this in 6-7...Same with MIA.

So far, OKC and Bulls are about even in impact and honestly I dont think MIA would want to play a just as athletic OKC team who matches up better.

So far Id say the Mavs have had a slightly tougher way because they have been pretty disrespected.

Portland and LA are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sixers and injured Celtics.

Bulls are better than the Thunder though.

branslowski
05-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I'd root for the Mavs if they played Heat in the Finals...Chandler, Kidd, JJ, Peja, playing at high levels right now....Last game was just amazing with these guy's...And Chandler's impact on the defensive end and rebounding is by far the biggest factor in this current series and possibly the finals against Heat.

And f*ck Bosh. N!gga had a lucky great game and they wanna act like he on Gasol level or somethin....Soft ass homo ass n!gga.

thomaspynchon
05-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I'd root for the Mavs if they played Heat in the Finals...Chandler, Kidd, JJ, Peja, playing at high levels right now....Last game was just amazing with these guy's...And Chandler's impact on the defensive end and rebounding is by far the biggest factor in this current series and possibly the finals against Heat.

And f*ck Bosh. N!gga had a lucky great game and they wanna act like he on Gasol level or somethin....Soft ass homo ass n!gga.

Yeah Dirk sucks. It's all about Kidd and Chandler!

branslowski
05-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Yeah Dirk sucks. It's all about Kidd and Chandler!

No, Dirk doesn't suck...:facepalm

My fault, was I suppose to say he has a b!g cawk or something? Nice hair? I'm giving ya team props and you still actin like a ho? Worst fans on the board.

thomaspynchon
05-23-2011, 04:06 PM
No, Dirk doesn't suck...:facepalm

My fault, was I suppose to say he has a b!g cawk or something? Nice hair? I'm giving ya team props and you still actin like a ho? Worst fans on the board.

You mentioned 4 Mavs as playing well and intentionally left on Dirk. You don't think I am stupid, do you?

branslowski
05-23-2011, 04:36 PM
You mentioned 4 Mavs as playing well and intentionally left on Dirk. You don't think I am stupid, do you?

True. I guess I was mainly talking about last game.

Dirk be good in game 1.

Doranku
05-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Portland and LA are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sixers and injured Celtics.

Bulls are better than the Thunder though.

Celtics weren't really injured. They are just too old and missed Perkins' inside presence dearly.

And idk, I could see OKC beating the Bulls in a 7 game series for sure. Dallas had a harder road to the Finals (if they get there, of course) than the Heat and it's not even close.

DRoseOwnsACamry
05-23-2011, 04:41 PM
The Heat simply aren't champions.
They aren't.
They have done nothing this season that would make them worthy of being called champions.
Champions don't mix forces and party all night on the beach.
Champions work extremely hard over the summer and give it their all in every single aspect of the NBA season- EVERY. SINGLE. ASPECT.

Dallas and Chicago deserve to be called champions. Miami? Absolutely not. I'm not even going to mention OKC because I fail to see a scenario where they will win their series.

If Miami somehow does win, it's going to be extremely surreal.

LBJFTW
05-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Dont worry Heat-Haters. We can all rejoice in the fact that the Dallas Mavericks will bring the NBA Title back to Texas. Congrats to Cuban on buying his first Championship.

Despite the incredible individual talents that South Beach brings to the table, they are no match for the Texas Tornado-offense of the Mavericks. Dirk and company are too hungry to lose. JJ Barea is about to become a household name.... tell me who is gonna stop that little guy? Nobody. Throw in their length, 3 pt shooting, rebounding, and excellent defenders to throw at Bron/Wade (deshawn, marion, etc). Gonna be a tough series, but Ill see yall at the parade in 6 games.

http://2knuckleheadz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Mavs.jpg

While I agree with you, is all this explanation really necessary? A simple Mavs over Heat in 6 would have sufficed. Oh well, back to viewing the ever so insightful Bulls vs Heat threads. /sarcasm

Eat Like A Bosh
05-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Probably not...
The refs will rape the Mavs hard.

Kingwillball
05-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Celtics weren't really injured. They are just too old and missed Perkins' inside presence dearly.

And idk, I could see OKC beating the Bulls in a 7 game series for sure. Dallas had a harder road to the Finals (if they get there, of course) than the Heat and it's not even close.

Umn Its Close..Celtics and Lakers are Close Record wise and for Symbolic reasons, Bulls #1 seed in Playoffs and League MVP, Trumps 4 seed out west OKC..

SebasMiamiFan
05-23-2011, 05:15 PM
The Heat simply aren't champions.
They aren't.
They have done nothing this season that would make them worthy of being called champions.
Champions don't mix forces and party all night on the beach.
Champions work extremely hard over the summer and give it their all in every single aspect of the NBA season- EVERY. SINGLE. ASPECT.

Dallas and Chicago deserve to be called champions. Miami? Absolutely not. I'm not even going to mention OKC because I fail to see a scenario where they will win their series.

If Miami somehow does win, it's going to be extremely surreal.

If they defeated Boston in the Semi Finals, Chicago in the ECF, and Dallas in the Finals, they don't deserve to win a title? Are you retarded? :wtf:

Kingwillball
05-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Anyway, Lets see how the East and West series finishes before making predictions but Heat will be the Favorites in Vegas against either team..

SebasMiamiFan
05-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Anyway, Lets see how the East and West series finishes before making predictions but Heat will be the Favorites in Vegas against either team..

This.

DeronMillsap
05-23-2011, 05:50 PM
If the Mavs beat the Heat Trio then Dirk Nowitzki is an All-Time Top 10 player by replacing Kobe Bryant.

Dizzle-2k7
06-08-2011, 04:37 AM
Deshawn is getting more and more PT and giving this Mavs team a new identity. Its happening...

Smoke117
06-08-2011, 05:23 AM
Heat in 6 like I originally said.

Dizzle-2k7
06-13-2011, 01:06 AM
bump
:djparty:

The Judge
06-13-2011, 01:07 AM
Dizzle called it. You were always one of my fave characters on EZBoard.

BallsOut
06-13-2011, 01:09 AM
:bowdown:

Dizzle-2k7
06-13-2011, 01:11 AM
Dizzle called it. You were always one of my fave characters on EZBoard.

:cheers:

DRoseOwnsACamry
06-13-2011, 08:14 AM
Great call, great call.

Gallant
06-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Great foresight you had on this one. Mad respect.

Laimbeer_Rodman
06-13-2011, 09:05 AM
respect

KelticForce1349
06-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Nice work OP! :applause:

Dizzle-2k7
06-13-2011, 11:20 AM
http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2011/06/12/22/11/uktp2.St.58.jpg

SweepingMavs
06-13-2011, 11:29 AM
I think I'm the only one who thought that Mavs would win in Game 4 :D

The Heat got lucky they stole 2 games away from the Mavs lulz

winwin
06-13-2011, 11:55 AM
thank you thank you Mavs

Congratulations to the Dallas Mavericks for slaying the forces of evil You saved the NBA

creepingdeath
06-13-2011, 11:59 AM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc168/mouseanony/celebration_a_GIFSoupcom.gif

tontoz
06-13-2011, 12:02 PM
I know I'm biased here, but if the Heat beat Chicago in 5 or 6 games (who I consider the best of the best this season), I really don't see them losing to Dallas in the Finals, especially with home court advantage.

:oldlol: @ this clown. The Bulls struggled with the Pacers and Hawks while the Mavs won 8 of 9 from OKC and the Lakers.

FAIL

Rake2204
06-13-2011, 12:10 PM

Haha, well done, good sir. I even had to check the "last edited" date at the bottom to make sure you weren't putting us on.

Dizzle-2k7
06-13-2011, 02:55 PM
We gon' party like its 1999

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eVxeKwwThPY/SmmLUxh912I/AAAAAAAAFO0/iVGfKmqEFaE/s400/Prince_PurpleRain.jpg

SCdac
06-13-2011, 03:23 PM
The best teams rise to the top, and the Heat showed for a variety of reasons they aren't the best team this season...

If anything, part of the "salvation" is knowing that you can't just collude and create the best team under the table and expect it to get you a championship immediately... or at all... who knows.

I have no reason to think the Heat will stop collecting the most talented players in free agency though. Barring something extreme. If the team they pieced together now made the Finals, it kind of scares me what they can do from here on out.

Eat Like A Bosh
06-14-2011, 04:51 PM
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2848/lossofthering.jpg