PDA

View Full Version : anyone happy for the Heat? other than Heat fans ofc

Stuckey
05-23-2011, 12:51 AM
i am, i dont want to see Chicago win, cause i dislike Boozer, i hope he never gets a ring

and Dallas cost me 10$ back in '06, i hated them since

OKC is just vile, i love their players but a vile organization

Miami, i like Chris, Dwade, and Lebron a little, but Eddie Casa, Joel, Mario, Udonis

anyways, congratulations Heat, i hope they bring me fortune for the next 5 years

50inchvertical
05-23-2011, 12:53 AM
I want to see them win if OKC doesn't make it out of this round.

kaiiu
05-23-2011, 12:54 AM
I am. Very happy for them. Nuttin but love rite here :applause:

SebasMiamiFan
05-23-2011, 12:55 AM
I know I'm a Heat fan, but I've wanted to see LeBron get a ring to shut the haters up long before he came down here.

Basketball Fan
05-23-2011, 12:56 AM
Nope

And I'm not against them joining forces I hated LeBron and Wade before they teamed up.

However I hate the Bulls as well grew up near Chicago and I used to think it was Jordan but no I hate the Bulls too.

OKC? The sudden media love for them kind of annoys..

Dallas? I like Dirk, cool with Butler and Rick Carlisle.. I'm rooting for them to win it all because Dirk will get a ring after many playoff failures it would be nice for him to dispel all the criticism he's received his entire career.

That and he would've stayed with the Mavericks after all those playoff failures and got a ring even though many told Cuban to dump him. Would be a nice payoff.

And Stern hates Cuban so after he gives him the LOB he'll hopefully set himself on fire afterwards.

Stuckey
I know I'm a Heat fan, but I've wanted to see LeBron get a ring to shut the haters up long before he came down here.

ya i agree, i want him to crack top 10

knickswin
I don't really mind them that much. I'm rooting for Dallas, but they're less annoying than the Thunder and Bulls

Bogus_Sting
05-23-2011, 12:58 AM
Mods please delete this thread.

inclinerator
05-23-2011, 12:59 AM
yes, seeing them go 9-8 and turning it into this

LA_Showtime
I'm happy for them, sure, but I question how the drastically the NBA will change if they knock off the Bulls in 5 or 6, and then destroy whomever comes out of the Western Conference.

crosso√er
People acting like a 2-1 lead equals a championship?
Clockwork ISH; typical idiots overreacting.

And no I hate everything Miami stands for and will not congratulate nor acknowledge their accomplishment if they do win. I do not respect losers collectively arranging to come together to win titles.

Shaquille came to LA way before Kobe materialized into a superstar; same can be said for Pippen & Jordan (Pippen in particular was relatively unproven commodity until playing with MJ).

Sure, there has been incidents where old players joined a contender in the hopes of winning a title; but not three players colluding via free agency to join forces. It's cowardly, period.

I hope Rose, Dirk or Durant knock them out; I do not respect what they stand for.

PS; They are no where near "the cream of the crop" type of team either; they can be beat and I think Dallas/OKC match-up really well against them.

Bulls did sweep Miami in the regular season but they didn't exactly beat them convincingly; Miami just failed to execute in all three games. Dallas can light Miami up and they have PG's who can break-down Miami's defense because unlike Chicago (Rose); they won't be facing a shoot-first type of PG.

OKC can most certainly beat Miami as well; they have the talent, athleticism & size to give Miami a heap of trouble.

But yeah **** Miami and their bandwagon fan-base.

Heat007
05-23-2011, 01:01 AM
I KNEW the haters would come around once we're winning titles...

and don't worry, the titles are COMING !!! GUARANTEED !!

:pimp:

O_City_Thunder
05-23-2011, 01:01 AM
Sure, why not? :confusedshrug:

Nevaeh
05-23-2011, 01:02 AM

Same. I think that "Decision" reaction was blown way the f@ck out of proportion, and it'll be cool to see a Player who actually earned his stripes and wasn't silver spooned every damn thing win a ring for a change.

I may not be on the "Cruise", but I'll damn sure wave at the Ship as it's passing by :oldlol:

O_City_Thunder
05-23-2011, 01:03 AM
Same. I think that "Decision" reaction was blown way the f@ck out of proportion, and it'll be cool to see a Player who actually earned his stripes and wasn't silver spooned every damn thing win a ring for a change.

I may not be on the "Cruise", but I'll damn sure wave at the Ship as it's passing by :oldlol:
This :roll: :roll: :roll:

BarberSchool
05-23-2011, 01:04 AM
No.

I really dislike the heat and don't wish to see them rewarded.

kaiiu
05-23-2011, 01:05 AM

:eek: :oldlol: :roll: :roll: who??? please dont say who I think u are talkin bout

HEAT111
05-23-2011, 01:05 AM
It's a simple fact. Lebron got criticized for going to a team that had already two stars. If for wasn't due to that decision, storylines in the NBA will remain the same. When the dynasty ends, people whom wear Bull's caps and Laker fans; people like them will also be talking about it when its over. The hate is on at the moment but watch that change soon.

LA_Showtime
05-23-2011, 01:07 AM
I KNEW the haters would come around once we're winning titles...

and don't worry, the titles are COMING !!! GUARANTEED !!

Few people hate on them, moron. You guys are just insecure.

:oldlol: @ people who think saying LeBron has declined athletically is hating.

8BeastlyXOIAD
05-23-2011, 01:09 AM
I am. Very happy for them. Nuttin but love rite here :applause:
:cheers:

Showing some luv to the King huh?

kaiiu
05-23-2011, 01:09 AM

Showing some luv to the King huh?
I never hated...

FKAri
05-23-2011, 01:12 AM
I'm very happy for them and have been rooting for them ever since the backlash they received. Yes Lebron's "decision" was handled poorly. Yes the whole "unveiling" was ridiculous. But that's all pushed by marketing and men in suits so I never blame players for that.

What pissed me off the most was when people said "oh they cheated!" , "they can't form a superteam!" or "Bron can't win on his own!". Because I thought it was a refreshing change in a league with selfish superstars that would rather get paid or be the hero than win a championship.

Basketball Fan
05-23-2011, 01:13 AM

And no I hate everything Miami stands for and will not congratulate nor acknowledge their accomplishment if they do win. I do not respect losers collectively arranging to come together to win titles.

Shaquille came to LA way before Kobe materialized into a superstar; same can be said for Pippen & Jordan (Pippen in particular was relatively unproven commodity until playing with MJ).

Sure, there has been incidents where old players joined a contender in the hopes of winning a title; but not three players colluding via free agency to join forces. It's cowardly, period.

I hope Rose, Dirk or Durant knock them out; I do not respect what they stand for.

PS; They are no where near "the cream of the crop" type of team either; they can be beat and I think Dallas/OKC match-up really well against them.

Bulls did sweep Miami in the regular season but they didn't exactly beat them convincingly; Miami just failed to execute in all three games. Dallas can light Miami up and they have PG's who can break-down Miami's defense because unlike Chicago (Rose); they won't be facing a shoot-first type of PG.

OKC can most certainly beat Miami as well; they have the talent, athleticism & size to give Miami a heap of trouble.

Kobe came to the Lakers via draft day trade and then Shaq came to L.A. free agency.. they went through playoff pitfalls too until Kobe grew into a star and Phil Jackson coached the team.

Otherwise I pretty much agree.

kaiiu
05-23-2011, 01:15 AM

damn this is some ether, THAT SHIT THAT MAKE YA SOUL BURN SLOW :oldlol:

KOLBCTEW
05-23-2011, 01:15 AM
And no I hate everything Miami stands for and will not congratulate nor acknowledge their accomplishment if they do win. I do not respect losers collectively arranging to come together to win titles.).So as long as the players have no power in choosing where they play and Management decides to handpick superstar teams it's fine then...

:rolleyes: Kobe made it clear he wasn't gonna play for any other team but LA.

Sure, there has been incidents where old players joined a contender in the hopes of winning a title; but not three players colluding via free agency to join forces. It's cowardly, period.By this logic it's just as cowardly if they're old as they're not doing it by themselves.
For such a cowardly move nobody gave them much of a chance to begin with.

I hope Rose, Dirk or Durant knock them out; I do not respect what they stand for..

Keep hoping..:violin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkaXyhBK-mM&t=0m22s

SebasMiamiFan
05-23-2011, 01:17 AM

That's such a generalization. You know how much crap I've taken for being a Miami fan in every sport. You know how many people gave me crap when the Heat lost in the first round consecutive years and won 15 games. Don't get me started with the Dolphins. Don't assume every fan is a bandwagon fan. We have a very solid fan base. It's simply not a basketball town. It's always been a football town.

alfonsito123
05-23-2011, 01:34 AM
i like wade. but james? he is a loser. didn't even try giving himself a ring. even though with a capable supporting cast back in Cleveland, he is no team player. and Bosh? another loser. is he trying to mimic dirk? he is no dirk. these two losers went to wade to win something. if they dont win this post season, im sure james is opening his options to other teams.

why can't these two losers be like dirk? i admire dirk for his loyalty to the fans in dallas. he comes back every season from a disappointing playoff loss but he still plays like nothing happened. he just keeps on coming. Dirk is no quitter. What a fighter.

Stuckey
05-23-2011, 01:48 AM
i like wade. but james? he is a loser. didn't even try giving himself a ring. even though with a capable supporting cast back in Cleveland, he is no team player. and Bosh? another loser. is he trying to mimic dirk? he is no dirk. these two losers went to wade to win something. if they dont win this post season, im sure james is opening his options to other teams.

why can't these two losers be like dirk? i admire dirk for his loyalty to the fans in dallas. he comes back every season from a disappointing playoff loss but he still plays like nothing happened. he just keeps on coming. Dirk is no quitter. What a fighter.

:blah go back to jerking off to dirk videos

alfonsito123
05-23-2011, 01:50 AM
:blah go back to jerking off to dirk videos

:sleeping just like you jerking off to lebron videos :roll:

step_back
05-23-2011, 03:17 AM
I don't want Miami to win anything because they currently have the worst fans on here. The Miami team itself I have no problems with.

Haymaker
05-23-2011, 03:27 AM
I like the Heat. I like the way they compliment each other. I never thought they would make it that far this year. They clicked, and their stars are playing great playoffs ball. Their supporting cast is kinda weak though.

dbugz
05-23-2011, 03:38 AM
I'm happy because those annoying Rose fans bandwagoners can now stfu :applause:

YAWN
05-23-2011, 04:39 AM

:lol

LurkingFanboy
05-23-2011, 08:37 AM

By that criteria you must want to see Dirk win a ring first. Stayed loyal to a franchise and to a town that for a few years at the start HATED him. Still stayed after making it to the finals losing and had plenty of chances to run to a contender and has had his worthiness for a title questioned every step of the way.

LEFT4DEAD
05-23-2011, 08:48 AM
I have not favourite team right now, but damn sure Im hopping for Miami to take every title till Sonics come back(which is 5 years at most, Im hopping :D ) just to shut haters mouth. And I will repeat myself again: 80% of Heat' haters will come on Heat' side when they win their second title.

And for Lebron, he is just too good player to be without even one ring, and Im happy for him finally playing on a good team. He will be top 5 for sure when its all said and done.

joe
05-23-2011, 09:07 AM
I'll stop watching the NBA if the Heat win the title this year. If a title can be won by just three guys, it's not worth watching. Especially when those three guys are willing to force their way to the same team.

They don't care about competitive spirit, they don't care about being the best. They just want to win titles to build their "brands."

What's the point of being a fan at that point?

OKC, Dallas, and Chicago are teams built on teamwork, defense, selflessness, and humble stars. That's what should win. Not 3 stars who took less money to play together, knowing they can make it back in endorsements when they win a title.

What they did ruins the integrity of the whole system... If they win.

derb2k2
05-23-2011, 09:21 AM
I'll stop watching the NBA if the Heat win the title this year. If a title can be won by just three guys, it's not worth watching. Especially when those three guys are willing to force their way to the same team.

They don't care about competitive spirit, they don't care about being the best. They just want to win titles to build their "brands."

What's the point of being a fan at that point?

OKC, Dallas, and Chicago are teams built on teamwork, defense, selflessness, and humble stars. That's what should win. Not 3 stars who took less money to play together, knowing they can make it back in endorsements when they win a title.

lol so the Bulls' "team" can't beat the Big 3? atleast we agree on something. For all this talk of the Heat being only 3 deep and not working as a functional team like the Bulls, atleast now we can see who the real "team" is. dumb sh*ts

MalikWadeCounty
05-23-2011, 09:23 AM

Wait, so joining a trio that will make you the most hated athlete in America (and probably the history of sports), keep you from being the "one", sacrificing your stats dramatically and sharing the ball with two other top-tier scorers, ruining your chances at ever winning an MVP is building your "brand"? :eek: :eek: :eek:

What part of what they're doing isn't hardwork, defense, selflessness and humility, n***a? LOL. Really. explain that to me.

EXPLAIN to me why being as great as they are DOESN'T come from hardwork

EXPLAIN to me why we're up 2-1 ISN'T because of their Defense

EXPLAIN to me why them becoming better facilitators and more fundamentally sound than they were all 8 years in the league ISN'T selflessness

and EXPLAIN to me why giving up all they did to come play here (their "LEGACY" in ya'll eyes, for one) ISN'T humble?

go'head,
I'll wait.

corny ass n***as.

The_LA_Blakers
05-23-2011, 09:31 AM
No one ever hated on the Celtics when they brought together 3 "losers" to win a championship. Why, just because they were older and not in their prime, that makes it okay?

No one ever talks about the Bulls in the late 90's bringing in arguably the best pure rebounder in NBA history, along with the best European player in the world to win 72 games and a couple rings.

No one says anything about the Lakers bringing in Shaq to team with Kobe (Kobe was young, but a better star than Rose is today), along with a host of proven veterans like Glen Rice, Ron Harper, Rick Fox, AC Green, and Robert Horry. Sounds like almost the same thing Miami is doing.

No one ever says anything about the Lakers adding Gasol to a team with Kobe, Lamar Odom, and Andrew Bynum.

Yes, Lebron made it a spectacle, but other than "The Decision," there is no reason to hate on the Heat other than people just wanna be haters.

Toizumi
05-23-2011, 09:35 AM
I am not a Heat fan and I was dissapointed when James teamed up with Wade (I wanted them both to run their own teams).. but I disagree with the hate. I'm happy for them and the fact they're doing good. They're fun too watch and eventhough I don't wanna see them win the title (rahter see Dallas win it) I would like to see them in the finals.

They 'forced' their way onto one team? Nobody forced anything? Bosh and James were free agents and allowed to sign with whoever they wanted. These three guys were friends, came into the league in the same year, played together in All Star games, olympics etc. and wanted to play together to win titles/make money/have fun. They didn't force sh*t :confusedshrug:
The decision and that stupid introduction they had was lame, but apart from that.. I don't see anything wrong with what they did.. eventhough, again, I didnt like Wade and James teaming up.

You think that they don't care about money and endorsements? Don't you think their GM's/players on their rosters, would love having more superstars? Boozer is one of the biggest snitches in the league (remember how he walked out on Cleveland, when he gave them a verbal commitment and they were waiting for him to sign) and eventhough I like him as a player, he's neither loyal nor humble. Still, most Chicago fans were happy to have another all star.. eventhough he isn't as big a name as Wade or James. In the offseason there was a lot of talk about chicage signing one or two big free agents. That didnt happen, but still.. when you have the money and the players want to commit... why not?
from the players perspective it's also great (for them).

And yeah, OKC did a nice job of building with draft picks, but their issue right now is that Westbrook (a big part of their succes) isn't buying into the concept of teamwork, selflessness, and being humble, but wants to be a bigger star than he already is. If anything, the Heat stars have shown that three stars can work together and put their ego's aside to make a collective (team)ego :lol

joe
05-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Wait, so joining a trio that will make you the most hated athlete in America (and probably the history of sports), keep you from being the "one", sacrificing your stats dramatically and sharing the ball with two other top-tier scorers, ruining your chances at ever winning an MVP is building your "brand"? :eek: :eek: :eek:

What part of what they're doing isn't hardwork, defense, selflessness and humility, n***a? LOL. Really. explain that to me.

EXPLAIN to me why being as great as they are DOESN'T come from hardwork

EXPLAIN to me why we're up 2-1 ISN'T because of their Defense

EXPLAIN to me why them becoming better facilitators and more fundamentally sound than they were all 8 years in the league ISN'T selflessness

and EXPLAIN to me why giving up all they did to come play here (their "LEGACY" in ya'll eyes, for one) ISN'T humble?

go'head,
I'll wait.

corny ass n***as.

Nobody is arguing that they're not a great team. The problem for me is how it all came together, and for what reasons. This was a total cop out, especially by Lebron, to win titles the easy way. Why try to add a post game when you can play with Dwyane Wade? Why become a better leader when you can have Chris Bosh?

And more importantly, this is all just a means to an end. These guys don't come off as wanting to win, just because they want to prove they're the best. They come off as wanting to win so they can be in commercials and endorse products. Get their name known in China, and sell some some more jerseys.

Rasheed1
05-23-2011, 09:53 AM
I hope Miami wins a title... I like the effect miami winning has on this board.

I like to see all these knuckleheads upset because they spent all this time hating and now it looks like miami will win anyway.

I like the spinning kobe fans are doing since he got swept :oldlol: (lakers getting swept is :cheers: 'I'll buy you a drink' good )

All in all, its a win/win situation

joe
05-23-2011, 09:55 AM
They 'forced' their way onto one team? Nobody forced anything? Bosh and James were free agents and allowed to sign with whoever they wanted. These three guys were friends, came into the league in the same year, played together in All Star games, olympics etc. and wanted to play together to win titles/make money/have fun. They didn't force sh*t :confusedshrug:
The decision and that stupid introduction they had was lame, but apart from that.. I don't see anything wrong with what they did.. eventhough, again, I didnt like Wade and James teaming up.

It's not that they didn't have the right to sign together. Legally, I see nothing wrong with what they did. I understand they are friends, and came up together in 2003.

All of that's fine, but to me, that's all just as lame as the Decision and the introduction. Because none of the above addresses the fact that winning a title as the best player should be coveted by stars, IMO. And if it's not, than what's really the point of following the league? Let me explain..

If Miami proves it can win this way, recoup their lost contract money through endorsements, and emerge with their reputation intact... than what's the motivation for any future star to win on their own merits? Why won't Chris Paul join the Knicks? How about Dwight and D-Will take 10M a year to play in Dallas?

For as much as Kobe's shot selection and general aura bug me... I respect the hell out of him, because winning as the best player on his team is what drives him more than anything. He wants to prove that he can lead his team into the fire and win. Every year he added layers to his game to continue to warrant such demands on his franchise and teammates. Tireless hours spent in the gym, obsessed with improvement.

Lebron..... takes less money and plays with Wade and Bosh.

Alonzo Magic
05-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Nobody is arguing that they're not a great team. The problem for me is how it all came together, and for what reasons. This was a total cop out, especially by Lebron, to win titles the easy way. Why try to add a post game when you can play with Dwyane Wade? Why become a better leader when you can have Chris Bosh?

Are you watching the games Joe? It's been far from easy, and when you take into account the added pressure of not being able to afford not winning the title, they've put themselves in an excruciating position.

James has lost a disheartening amount of athleticism for those nuanced enough to notice since 09. (ie. if you're not the media) He's already tweaked his game to facilitate for that in large part due to his growth as a floor general and the luxury of not having to be the best at every facet of the bloody game in order for his team to win. Don't crucify the dude because Mo Williams isn't the best player he's ever played with.

And more importantly, this is all just a means to an end. These guys don't come off as wanting to win, just because they want to prove they're the best. They come off as wanting to win so they can be in commercials and endorse products. Get their name known in China, and sell some some more jerseys.

This is just flat out dumb.

Alonzo Magic
05-23-2011, 10:12 AM
If Miami proves it can win this way, recoup their lost contract money through endorsements, and emerge with their reputation intact... than what's the motivation for any future star to win on their own merits? Why won't Chris Paul join the Knicks? How about Dwight and D-Will take 10M a year to play in Dallas?

Why won't Chris Paul go to the Knicks? Because he doesn't want to play for the freakin MLE the next 5 years. I know you're not being literal, but it's impossible for Dallas to get either because you know, one of your coveted 'fair' teams has an owner willing to to dish out bloated contracts to any half decent FA.

For as much as Kobe's shot selection and general aura bug me... I respect the hell out of him, because winning as the best player on his team is what drives him more than anything. He wants to prove that he can lead his team into the fire and win. Every year he added layers to his game to continue to warrant such demands on his franchise and teammates. Tireless hours spent in the gym, obsessed with improvement.

So, so stupid.

Kobe...... Holds every franchise to ransom telling them he'll play in Italy if they draft him ahead of the Lakers. Forces the Hornets to accept a trade for Vlade.

Kobe... Demands a trade a few years of mediocrity following 4 straight finals appearances.

Kobe... Wins a title shooting 25% in game 7, gets outshone by Pau Gasol repeatedly.

Kobe... Aims for a three-peat with the Laker primary weapon being their length.

Oh yeah, this dude is the epitome of being humble and selfless and is the absolutely primary and soul reason for his team's success'.

If potentially winning a title with fellow stars would be a precedent set by LeBron, then you may have a point, but history will tell you it's quite the contrary.

Toizumi
05-23-2011, 10:26 AM
It's not that they didn't have the right to sign together. Legally, I see nothing wrong with what they did. I understand they are friends, and came up together in 2003.

All of that's fine, but to me, that's all just as lame as the Decision and the introduction. Because none of the above addresses the fact that winning a title as the best player should be coveted by stars, IMO. And if it's not, than what's really the point of following the league? Let me explain..

I understand where you're coming from.. and like I said I was dissapointed with Wade and LeBron teaming up, but I think that winning matters - regardless of who's the best player on the team. Wade, Bosh and James knew what they got into when they teamed up.

Since the recent succes of Boston, L.A. and Miami, we're going to see a lot more of this. It sucks IMO, because I love a more balanced league and like 'loyal' superstars, teams that build around their best player, instead of that player attracting other stars. So I'm with you on this one.

Well, Kobe definitely wants to win as the best player..
But keep in mind, he asked for help a few years back, even requested trades. He has had the luck of the Lakers franchise putting great players around him, if it wasn't for that.. who knows what wouldve happened with him.
I remember Kobe in '04 (finals especially) not buying into some of the concepts that you appreciate in players (from your previous post) - humbleness, teamwork, selflesness. He wanted to be the brightest star, even on a team with a better player on it and a lot of talent around him.

If Wade and Bosh had teammates like Kobe has had the past few years, I don't think it would have ever come to those guys teaming up, but that's just speculation :confusedshrug:

LeBron took less money, to make more money (makes sense? :D) to win titles, to become an even bigger star. We're 3 games into the ECF, but so far, things have come together for him and the Heat...
Was it a b*tch move? In some people's opinions yes.. and I can understand that. I don't view NBA players as heroes anymore (did as a kid:D). They want to make money and win titles, live the goodlife. LeBron is doing his thing.. can't hate (eventhough it was a bit dissapointing when he left cleveland).

joe
05-23-2011, 12:31 PM
I understand where you're coming from.. and like I said I was dissapointed with Wade and LeBron teaming up, but I think that winning matters - regardless of who's the best player on the team. Wade, Bosh and James knew what they got into when they teamed up.

Since the recent succes of Boston, L.A. and Miami, we're going to see a lot more of this. It sucks IMO, because I love a more balanced league and like 'loyal' superstars, teams that build around their best player, instead of that player attracting other stars. So I'm with you on this one.

Well, Kobe definitely wants to win as the best player..
But keep in mind, he asked for help a few years back, even requested trades. He has had the luck of the Lakers franchise putting great players around him, if it wasn't for that.. who knows what wouldve happened with him.
I remember Kobe in '04 (finals especially) not buying into some of the concepts that you appreciate in players (from your previous post) - humbleness, teamwork, selflesness. He wanted to be the brightest star, even on a team with a better player on it and a lot of talent around him.

If Wade and Bosh had teammates like Kobe has had the past few years, I don't think it would have ever come to those guys teaming up, but that's just speculation :confusedshrug:

LeBron took less money, to make more money (makes sense? :D) to win titles, to become an even bigger star. We're 3 games into the ECF, but so far, things have come together for him and the Heat...
Was it a b*tch move? In some people's opinions yes.. and I can understand that. I don't view NBA players as heroes anymore (did as a kid:D). They want to make money and win titles, live the goodlife. LeBron is doing his thing.. can't hate (eventhough it was a bit dissapointing when he left cleveland).

Yeah.. I don't view the stars as heroes either. However, the amount of fun I have watching the league can definitely be altered by their actions/motivations. I have no problem with Lebron or anyone wanting to make a lot of money and become a bigger star. BUT, when he goes about it by joining forces with Wade and Bosh, it affects how I feel about the NBA.

Think about this, why would a superstar want to win a championship? There's really just two reasons. 1) To validate themselves as players/people, and 2) to get more name recognition and popularity.

A player who wants to validate themselves, would not get as much validation from playing with a guy who's arguably better than himself. It all proves to me that these guys, especially Lebron, aren't interested in being the best. He's interested in winning titles because he knows the attention it will bring to him. It's a means to an end.

If it was really about being the best, this guy would've had a post game by now. Or have at least added to his game in some ways. His "improved" 3 point shot gets hyped up, but he's still making the same lousy % of 3's he always has. He's drilling it lately in the playoffs, though.

Look at Dirk.. guy is how old? And he's still adding things to his game. He's going in the post now, his jump shot just keeps getting better, etc. Jordan and Kobe added post games. Lebron's just resting on his merits. And when he realized that what he had wasn't good enough, instead of improving, he tries to create a superteam.

Yeah Kobe complained that he didn't have any help. But my problem isn't with a guy wanting to win with help. You need help to win. It's when you obviously don't care about being the best, and your "help" is an (arguably) top 3 player and another star . And let's not forget Mike Miller, who hasn't worked out but is a brilliant shooter otherwise. It's not about winning to win, it's about winning to sell jerseys and shoes. They're attempting to gather so much talent as to guarantee the next "2, 3, 7 championships."

Jordan played with Pippen. Kobe played with Gasol. Duncan played with Manu.

What's the difference between them and Lebron/Wade? Nobody ever said Manu was better than Duncan.

When winning titles isn't about proving you're the best, but about the attention it will bring you - is when I lose my interest. Especially when such superstars are willing to sacrifice so much to join with all these other stars just for that title. What a boring league it would be if nobody cared about personal glory and vindication.

PJR
05-23-2011, 12:49 PM
I really couldn't care much about them in the off-season...But the amount or irrational hate and loathing all through-out the year now has me pulling for them...I'm just hoping they continue to run thru the league. It would be an incredible story...The amount of butt-hurt outside of South Florida will be epic. :oldlol:

Basketball Fan
05-23-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm sick of people saying LeBron and Co took a paycut when you don't even pay state taxes in Florida..

Mr. Jabbar
05-23-2011, 12:53 PM
no.

JohnnySic
05-23-2011, 12:54 PM
If the Heat win, Stern wins. I want Stern to lose. I want him to go into the potential lockout with as much heat (pun intended) on him as possible. I'd rather the league fold than Stern win.

Kurosawa0
I'm not a Miami Heat fan exactly. They're easily the most compelling team in the league right now and so I love watching them. Still, like Dallas with Dirk and Kidd, I think Miami deserves to win. LeBron has paid his dues and deserves to win. He's been the best player in the league for the last 3 or so years and he's too good to go without a ring.

That said, Dirk and Jason Kidd can make similar arguments.

Basketball Fan
No one ever hated on the Celtics when they brought together 3 "losers" to win a championship. Why, just because they were older and not in their prime, that makes it okay?

No one ever talks about the Bulls in the late 90's bringing in arguably the best pure rebounder in NBA history, along with the best European player in the world to win 72 games and a couple rings.

No one says anything about the Lakers bringing in Shaq to team with Kobe (Kobe was young, but a better star than Rose is today), along with a host of proven veterans like Glen Rice, Ron Harper, Rick Fox, AC Green, and Robert Horry. Sounds like almost the same thing Miami is doing.

No one ever says anything about the Lakers adding Gasol to a team with Kobe, Lamar Odom, and Andrew Bynum.

Yes, Lebron made it a spectacle, but other than "The Decision," there is no reason to hate on the Heat other than people just wanna be haters.

People hate because they want to.. nobody ever said hate was rational anymore than love is.

However I hated the Big 3 of the Celtics and I loathed the Bulls of the 90's more than the Heat actually.

Some of us hate the Heat because we never liked LeBron or Wade before they teamed up together.:confusedshrug:

kaiiu
05-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Why do cHeat fans think anybody outside this forum and ESPN care that much about the NBA to be " butthurt" about them winning? :oldlol:

pegasus
05-23-2011, 01:22 PM
I simply hate them. I hate everything they stand for. A trio of lazy so-called superstars team up to cheat their way into getting a ring, while still getting help from the refs.

I've said all season long that they SHOULD win right away, but they WON'T, because I thought they were missing inside presence and toughness down low. Well, now that Haslem is back, and seems to be at least 80%, they really have no holes. The PG rotation of Bibby&Chalmers is as good as it ever needs to get for a team that already has Lebron and Wade.

Having said that, I still think the Bulls have a fight in them, and if they do fail, the Mavs will be in the finals to give them their hardest battle yet, IF the games are officiated fairly (they really gave Miami tons of favorable calls in the Celtics and the Bulls series thus far).

I'm hoping for anyone outside the cHeat to win it all this season, and I expect the other top teams to put their missing pieces together starting this off season to stop them in the future, too.

kaiiu
05-23-2011, 01:23 PM
I simply hate them. I hate everything they stand for. A trio of lazy so-called superstars team up to cheat their way into getting a ring, while still getting help from the refs.

I've said all season long that they SHOULD win right away, but they WON'T, because I thought they were missing inside presence and toughness down low. Well, now that Haslem is back, and seems to be at least 80%, they really have no holes. The PG rotation of Bibby&Chalmers is as good as it ever needs to get for a team that already has Lebron and Wade.

Having said that, I still think the Bulls have a fight in them, and if they do fail, the Mavs will be in the finals to give them their hardest battle yet, IF the games are officiated fairly (they really gave Miami tons of favorable calls in the Celtics and the Bulls series thus far).

I'm hoping for anyone outside the cHeat to win it all this season, and I expect the other top teams to put their missing pieces together starting this off season to stop them in the future, too.
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss176/suckmykisser/Indian.gif

THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL :applause:

TennesseeFan
05-23-2011, 01:24 PM
I am. I have no beef whatsoever.

KOLBCTEW
05-23-2011, 01:48 PM

Riggghhttt.. they cheat their way to a ring yet your still making it 'seem' like other teams have a chance... This team pales in comparison to Jordan's Bulls, the threepeat and Showtime Lakers yet despite that they're still somehow cheating when other teams in nba history have been even more stacked than them.

lilgodfather1
05-23-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm happy. I can now say LeBron has a ring suckas. Kobe who?

pegasus
05-23-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm happy. I can now say LeBron has a ring suckas. Kobe who?

Kobe V.

SCdac
05-23-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm happy that they are winning not just with offense but with a pretty lock-down defense. it's the only way this team is going to go all the way, it's the common denominator for nearly all championship teams. I hate they way they came together (and how it's a slap in the face to their respective franchises) but I like to see they aren't expecting a trophy to just be handed to them for a bunch of 25-30 point games. Give credit to their team for D-ing up all season.

Patrick Chewing
05-23-2011, 02:23 PM
While it's still too early to tell, I think "The Decision" and the collaboration of all three of them to play together will hurt the NBA. Thus, if I hated the Heat before just because they were a rival, then I despise them now for possibly achieving overkill. If teams are going to have less money to spend in the future, then how will there ever be a team capable of competing with them? Liking the Heat before this year is one thing, but liking them now after what transpired is completely asinine.

KOLBCTEW
05-23-2011, 02:34 PM
While it's still too early to tell, I think "The Decision" and the collaboration of all three of them to play together will hurt the NBA. Thus, if I hated the Heat before just because they were a rival, then I despise them now for possibly achieving overkill. If teams are going to have less money to spend in the future, then how will there ever be a team capable of competing with them? Liking the Heat before this year is one thing, but liking them now after what transpired is completely asinine.
... "Welcome to another decade of Irrelevance" :lol

MalikWadeCounty
05-23-2011, 02:36 PM

It wasn't "moral" hesitance that kept the Knicks from building a "superteam" of their own, the cats ya'll tried to do it with simply weren't good enough lol.
NONE of what occurred this past summer is new, but ya'll gonna twist, turn, chop and spew storyline after storyline to quell the reality that your league will be dominated by these dudes for some time to come.

Im only 21...been a Heat fan since I was 8 and my father use to make me watch the 97-98-99 Heat/Knick series with Alan houston as the Heat killer....and I can honestly say,

the best part about this whole s**t? is watching you be irrelevent for the next 7 years, just like you were the past 10.

Sincerely,
A true Blue Dade N***a.

lilgodfather1
05-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Kobe V.
Kobe ii
Shaq iii

Patrick Chewing
05-23-2011, 02:41 PM
LOL @ these Heat fans talking smack when everyone knows that if they do win a championship, Wade, LeBron, and Bosh will always have to be dodging questions or comments about how they wouldn't have won it if they hadn't collaborated together.

I wonder if you two clowns even attend games on a regular basis. Ya'll probably just watch ESPN after a long day of doing nothing at home, see that the Heat won, and start bragging about this and bragging about that. Probably got no car, and no money to watch a Heat game. Your address might read Miami, but your automobile description probably reads: bandwagon.

LurkingFanboy
05-23-2011, 02:44 PM
ooohhh catfight...

SebasMiamiFan
05-23-2011, 02:44 PM
LOL @ these Heat fans talking smack when everyone knows that if they do win a championship, Wade, LeBron, and Bosh will always have to be dodging questions or comments about how they wouldn't have won it if they hadn't collaborated together.

I wonder if you two clowns even attend games on a regular basis. Ya'll probably just watch ESPN after a long day of doing nothing at home, see that the Heat won, and start bragging about this and bragging about that. Probably got no car, and no money to watch a Heat game. Your address might read Miami, but your automobile description probably reads: bandwagon.

Except they don't care that people think. After multiple championships, people are going to forget about the Decision and nobody is going to question LeBron's legacy. This season was a struggle;it was not easy. The Big 3 earned their title if they win it this year.

Patrick Chewing
05-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Except they don't care that people think. After multiple championships, people are going to forget about the Decision and nobody is going to question LeBron's legacy. This season was a struggle;it was not easy. The Big 3 earned their title if they win it this year.

Dude, if there's one thing NBA superstars are, is prima donna's. Of course they care what the rest of the league thinks or what the media thinks. Kobe had to dodge comments about winning without Shaq, and he proved it. These players are so shallow-minded that they care a lot about their image and their legacy. They may say they don't care, and the Heat fans of course won't care, but in the annuls of history, every superstar has had to prove his worth in some way or another even after they've won it all.

LeBron is the most vilified NBA player right now. He won't live that down regardless if he wins or loses. They will always be saying that he couldn't do it by himself in Cleveland.

pegasus
05-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Kobe ii
Shaq iii

He's got 7 final appearances and 5 rings that no one can ever take away from him. Let's see how your already-declining idol fairs against him in that category.

BankShot
05-23-2011, 02:56 PM
I've always been a big Wade fan... so its nice to see him doing so well again.

As for Lebron... if the Heat end up winning the championship, I'll be happy to see him finally get his ring, after toiling on great regular-season teams in Cleveland that simply didnt have the firepower to be successful in the playoffs.

Chris Bosh, who cares.

PJR
05-23-2011, 02:57 PM
No one has one a championship 'by themselves', so it's an idiotic point to make in the first place.

JohnWall2
05-23-2011, 02:57 PM
I've always been a big Wade fan... so its nice to see him doing so well again.

As for Lebron... if the Heat end up winning the championship, I'll be happy to see him finally get his ring, after toiling on great regular-season teams in Cleveland that simply didnt have the firepower to be successful in the playoffs.

Chris Bosh, who cares.
:lol :lol :lol :lol homo

JohnWall2
05-23-2011, 02:58 PM
im happy 2 see lebron do well after all dat backlash he got.. nig provin cats wrong by makin da right decisison :lol :lol

BankShot
05-23-2011, 03:00 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol homo

Thanks for the input.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

KOLBCTEW
05-23-2011, 03:07 PM
LOL @ these Heat fans talking smack when everyone knows that if they do win a championship, Wade, LeBron, and Bosh will always have to be dodging questions or comments about how they wouldn't have won it if they hadn't collaborated together. .
:lol Wade already won a championship and last I checked no person has won a championship by themselves. They all needed good players and help to win.

I wonder if you two clowns even attend games on a regular basis. Ya'll probably just watch ESPN after a long day of doing nothing at home, see that the Heat won, and start bragging about this and bragging about that. .I see you're just another delusional knicks fan. Uhh.. no...
http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=223444&page=23

Probably got no car, and no money to watch a Heat game. Your address might read Miami, but your automobile description probably reads: bandwagon.Sorry.. been here well before the decision and been a Heat fan for the thirteen years I've been in Miami.
Been a Heat

mans1ay3r
05-23-2011, 03:10 PM
I troll Lebron just as much as anyone, but I've said it before and I'll say it again.. with all the annoying crap Lebron does off court.. he deserves a ring.

MalikWadeCounty
05-23-2011, 03:45 PM

Wrong on just about all counts.
Ima father of 2 and a high-school mentor through a non-profit for at-risk youth, meaning i get to watch my Heat play live 34 games a season thanks to my man Mike Hernandez and the good folks at the Human Resources/Community Relations department :oldlol: :oldlol:

But you? you know all about that right? Cuz you was just speaking on the attendance at these Heat games. I figured you'd be sittin right with me.

But no. I know better than that. you got 3,000+ posts on a messageboard, way above your hill in age probably, arguing about LIFESTYLE with a n**a in his early twenties who doesn't give a f**k about basketball enough to merit your weak ass excuse of a team. God bless you, cuzz.

NastaMaverick
05-23-2011, 03:45 PM
I want to see them win if OKC doesn't make it out of this round. you wouldnt be happy for the Heat though, you would just be glad they won because of your strong hate for the Mavs

Patrick Chewing
05-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Wrong on just about all counts.
Ima father of 2 and a high-school mentor through a non-profit for at-risk youth, meaning i get to watch my Heat play live 34 games a season thanks to my man Mike Hernandez and the good folks at the Human Resources/Community Relations department :oldlol: :oldlol:

But you? you know all about that right? Cuz you was just speaking on the attendance at these Heat games. I figured you'd be sittin right with me.

But no. I know better than that. you got 3,000+ posts on a messageboard, way above your hill in age probably, arguing about LIFESTYLE with a n**a in his early twenties who doesn't give a f**k about basketball enough to merit your weak ass excuse of a team. God bless you, cuzz.

21 y/o father of two?? Who and how can you possibly be mentoring??

mlh1981
05-23-2011, 05:06 PM
I'd be happy for big Z, but that's about it.

JellyBean
05-23-2011, 05:11 PM
To be honest, if the Heat win the whole thing (NBA title), I will be happy for them and the city of Miami. This is why they brought the King to town. Good luck, Miami Heat. Plus, how can you not cheer for a team with the finest cheerleaders in the game?

Simple Jack
05-23-2011, 06:08 PM

If I'm not mistaken; aren't you a Laker fan? A franchise that has consistently had some of, if not THE BEST, talent in the league?

Indian guy
05-23-2011, 06:14 PM
If I'm not mistaken; aren't you a Laker fan? A franchise that has consistently had some of, if not THE BEST, talent in the league?

I also recall him arguing in favor of LA's talent over Miami's for much of the season. In fact, most LAKER fans were. They've suddenly changed their tunes though :oldlol:. Typical behavior from such a sh!t fan-base. Words can't describe how much I'm loving their misery right now.

Hank
05-23-2011, 09:36 PM
I also recall him arguing in favor of LA's talent over Miami's for much of the season. In fact, most LAKER fans were. They've suddenly changed their tunes though :oldlol:. Typical behavior from such a sh!t fan-base. Words can't describe how much I'm loving their misery right now.

:roll:

Laker fans are so butthurt. And it's so obvious by their posts.

Hiei
05-23-2011, 09:42 PM
After the first few weeks of the season, I have been rather impartial towards the Heat. Being a Laker fan, they were automaticly a rival, I didn't expect they would make it far in the playoffs. Now that the Lakers are out I wouldn't mind seeing them win a championship. While I am not a big fan of the team's history with Shaq and 06 finals, it would be good to see Lebron finally win a ring.

Christofire
05-23-2011, 09:45 PM
i am, i dont want to see Chicago win, cause i dislike Boozer, i hope he never gets a ring

and Dallas cost me 10$ back in '06, i hated them since

OKC is just vile, i love their players but a vile organization

Miami, i like Chris, Dwade, and Lebron a little, but Eddie Casa, Joel, Mario, Udonis

anyways, congratulations Heat, i hope they bring me fortune for the next 5 years
lol....hell no!!....dont want to see them win..

Jasper
05-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Instead of a new thread or finding a thread that is days or weeks old I'll put this in this thread :

LAst two games if you have been watching lebron exclusively , has been doing something a veteran would do , and knows how to play with his teammates :

Get them scoring , and his offense will come later.
It was quite easy to see Bosh getting off .. and Coach S. in particular called out LEbron's number on a time out to keep the offense balanced .. but Lebron James knew that D-Wade needed touchs to get his feel of the game.

So instead of looking for his shot first he became the 3rd option.
Look at the last two games,,, look at his stats , they may surprise you.
My suggestion watch the rest of this series and if the Heat get to the finals - the same thing ... James is 3rd option folks.

oh the horror
05-23-2011, 10:01 PM

Laker fans are so butthurt. And it's so obvious by their posts.

They were back to back champs, and been to the finals the last 3 years in a row dude. No one is butthurt.

But, I do find it funny that you're yet ANOTHER Heat fan that has materialized out of thin air around here suddenly. Go figure. :oldlol:

Mr. Jabbar
05-23-2011, 10:05 PM
the cHeat lol

oh the horror
05-23-2011, 10:10 PM
And as for this thread...Im not sure if Im "happy" for the Heat. Its kind of a hard feeling to describe....to be honest, I feel somewhat bored, and a bit underwhemled by their run this postseason.

It was kind of just like watching some overwhelming juggernaut just blast through teams in the post-season.....meanwhile the media TRIED their best to "play up" their competition along the way.

Lets face it folks....Boston had no chance. I was so sure of that, I actually bet money on Miami to win that series in a sweep, or 5. Made my money there.

Chicago has NO chance. Great young team. Missing some pieces here and there to REALLY give the Heat a challenge.

Sixers? Pffft.

And potentially Dallas, or OKC? Come on now. No chance. I'd be BLOWN AWAY if someone upsets the Heat. They're simply too overwhemling for any teams out there to actually lose in a series of 7 games.

All in all, I just feel somewhat kind of bored by the entire thing. It kind of panned out exactly how I expected it to.

No real rivalry (media tried to play out some, but lets keep it real) No storylines...no real trial and tribulations, no real dog-fights....Just these three, joining up, and going straight to the title by overwhelming everyone else.

Im not sure why Im so bored by that. But it is what it is.

I guess im happy for their players that want to win, but all in ....."meh"

redbull
05-23-2011, 10:35 PM
I don't get why we should be happy for them at this point. They have 2 top 5 players and an elite PF. They SHOULD be in the position they are right now.

If they ultimately win a title, I will probably be happy for them SOLELY because of the ridiculous hate they caught and all the idiots writing them off because of a few tough stretches in the regular season. Especially Bron since he caught the brunt of it. Other than that, they're hardly an inspiration or anything, anything short of a title is underachieving.

LA_Showtime
05-23-2011, 10:42 PM
I sort of agree with Oh The Horror. I thought the Lakers and Celtics had the pieces to do it, but both teams aged a year earlier than I thought they would

swi7ch
05-23-2011, 10:55 PM
I expect at least 8 championships (barring injuries to the Big 2). :bowdown:

InfiniteBaskets
05-23-2011, 10:59 PM
All in all, I just feel somewhat kind of bored by the entire thing. It kind of panned out exactly how I expected it to.

No real rivalry (media tried to play out some, but lets keep it real) No storylines...no real trial and tribulations, no real dog-fights....Just these three, joining up, and going straight to the title by overwhelming everyone else.

Im not sure why Im so bored by that. But it is what it is.

I guess im happy for their players that want to win, but all in ....."meh"

Yeah, well I was exactly the most enthusiastic NBA fan in the summer of 2001. And I'd say the talent gap this Heat team has over other opponents isn't even close to what the Lakers had that year.

oh the horror
05-23-2011, 11:23 PM
Yeah, well I was exactly the most enthusiastic NBA fan in the summer of 2001. And I'd say the talent gap this Heat team has over other opponents isn't even close to what the Lakers had that year.

And what exactly does that have to do with this Heat team, this year?

Stuckey
05-23-2011, 11:35 PM
ok if you're not happy about the Heat, then stfu and close this thread, nobody wants to hear your whining

InfiniteBaskets
05-23-2011, 11:36 PM
And what exactly does that have to do with this Heat team, this year?

Why aren't the Heat allowed to dominate like the Lakers once did?

Smoke117
05-23-2011, 11:38 PM
Happy for the heat? not really...but I will be glad if they beat the Bulls...just for the fact that Bulls fans are the most obnoxious fans this season in my opinion. I'm hoping Mavs make the finals and end up winning it all, but yes I'm at least happy for the Heat being up 2-1 over Chicago and hope they win this series. I'll choose the lesser evil in this instance.

oh the horror
05-23-2011, 11:40 PM
Why aren't the Heat allowed to dominate like the Lakers once did?

Who said they werent?

Christofire
05-23-2011, 11:41 PM
Instead of a new thread or finding a thread that is days or weeks old I'll put this in this thread :

LAst two games if you have been watching lebron exclusively , has been doing something a veteran would do , and knows how to play with his teammates :

Get them scoring , and his offense will come later.
It was quite easy to see Bosh getting off .. and Coach S. in particular called out LEbron's number on a time out to keep the offense balanced .. but Lebron James knew that D-Wade needed touchs to get his feel of the game.

So instead of looking for his shot first he became the 3rd option.
Look at the last two games,,, look at his stats , they may surprise you.
My suggestion watch the rest of this series and if the Heat get to the finals - the same thing ... James is 3rd option folks.

BS....his offense doesnt even have to come at all...he's doing what a player playing with 2 top players at their position would do. move right along...there's nothing spectacular in him passing to 2 of the best players in league all game....I'm sure it's taking so much out of him to do so.....give me a break....The heat are very boring to watch...no struggle...just taking advantage of a lone star.

InfiniteBaskets
05-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Who said they werent?

Well in that case you don't disagree with my original point.

You first said more or less that the Heat were boring to watch because they've been running over most of their competition.

I added that the 2001 Lakers also steamrolled their competition, and like you feel right now, I didn't find it to be the most entertaining playoffs I've ever witnessed. To expand upon my point, any time there's a team dominating in the playoffs, some people are going to be turned off by that fact. Which is fine.

Indian guy
05-23-2011, 11:49 PM
And as for this thread...Im not sure if Im "happy" for the Heat.

:oldlol: @ this LAKER idiot thinking anything he says has any credibility. None of your ilk do. We DON'T expect you to be "happy" because guess what, you've spent the last half decade basing your sports lives around relieving your massive insecurity concerning LeBron. Of course you aren't happy to see his team win. You're feeling quite the opposite, in fact. So stop acting like you're making some kind of honest post here. Nobody needs to know why you're unhappy. We already know.

oh the horror
05-24-2011, 12:13 AM
:oldlol: @ this LAKER idiot thinking anything he says has any credibility. None of your ilk do. We DON'T expect you to be "happy" for Miami because you've spent the last half decade basing your sports lives around relieving your massive insecurity concerning LeBron. Of course you aren't happy to see him win. You're feeling quite the opposite, in fact. So stop acting like you're making some kind of honest post here.

This is just ridiculously stupid. This guy doesnt know me from Tom, D*ck, or Harry, yet he bases my entire opinion off the fact that since im from SoCal, and I root for my local teams, it MUST be clear agenda behind my posts.

Why explain myself to you? You're a fu*king fool anyway pal.

The fact is, my opinion on the matter is, the Miami Heat's playoff run, for ME is underwhelming, and frankly I know A LOT of other fans out there, that feel the same way.

Heat are plowing on through, and people are like "yeah, we figured....so?"

Hoopz2332
05-24-2011, 12:44 AM
...seems like the nation outside of Mimai is warming up them:oldlol:

I guess the rest of the nation really hates the "evil" Miami and loves the Bulls:eek: A month ago or even a few weeks ago, polls like this what have been a total reverse of what they are. Winning cures all...just ask Kobe:lol

Espn Sports Nation

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/8282/bulls1s.jpg

^^Only Chi/Clev area and saty New Englanders (boston fans lol ) are picking the Bulls

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/3802/bulls2.jpg

77% (updated at the site) Right now, LeBron James is better than Derrick Rose:applause: Every area mostly agrees outside of the Chi area

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls?pCat=114&sCat=368

KOLBCTEW
05-24-2011, 01:40 AM
just taking advantage of a lone star.
:roll: What? I thought the Bulls were too deep for this team.

Alonzo Magic
05-24-2011, 08:04 AM
Yeah Kobe complained that he didn't have any help. But my problem isn't with a guy wanting to win with help. You need help to win. It's when you obviously don't care about being the best, and your "help" is an (arguably) top 3 player and another star . And let's not forget Mike Miller, who hasn't worked out but is a brilliant shooter otherwise. It's not about winning to win, it's about winning to sell jerseys and shoes. They're attempting to gather so much talent as to guarantee the next "2, 3, 7 championships."

hahaha, you know Mike Miller came out and said Kobe was texting him in the summer asking him to sign with the Lakers. If you want to absolve yourself of the NBA that's fine, but don't try and give credence to something that's little more than innuendo.

InfiniteBaskets
05-24-2011, 10:48 AM
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/8282/bulls1s.jpg

:wtf: South Dakota's basketball population could use a boost.

TheMan
05-24-2011, 12:40 PM
If the Heat do win, expect other elite players to join other elite players on a handful of teams.

That would be overall be bad for the NBA since only a handful of teams would be able to field "superteams", the Bulls, Knicks, Lakers, Celtics, Mavs, Nets (big market teams) would benefit while the small market teams would suffer.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind Howard and Durant going to Chicago as FAs to counter Miami, lol.

catch24
05-24-2011, 12:43 PM
:oldlol: @ this LAKER idiot thinking anything he says has any credibility. None of your ilk do. We DON'T expect you to be "happy" because guess what, you've spent the last half decade basing your sports lives around relieving your massive insecurity concerning LeBron. Of course you aren't happy to see his team win. You're feeling quite the opposite, in fact. So stop acting like you're making some kind of honest post here. Nobody needs to know why you're unhappy. We already know.

I'm sorry you think LeBron is that important, but everything in your post is incredibly off base. It's not just Lakers fans that feel that way. Watching Wade get another ring would be nice, but outside of Miami and a few bandwagon/player fans, no one is really happy nor are rooting for them. That's reality.

Indian guy
05-24-2011, 12:59 PM
but outside of Miami and a few bandwagon/player fans, no one is really happy nor are rooting for them. That's reality.

Dude, I'm well aware of how disliked this team is, which is what makes them winning that much more fun. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I also don't need a LAKER fan of all people tell me why he's unhappy. I already know why these LeBron-fearing scums are. And please don't be deluded enough to act like this doesn't have everything to do with LeBron. Unless you have been living under a rock over the last 5 years, you should know all Miami-hate has everything to do with LeBron when it comes to LAKER fans.

chazzy
05-24-2011, 01:02 PM
I wanna talk shit back but I don't know which fanbase you're even in. This series must be a win-win for you :D

This is you after a Miami win over the Bulls on ISH: "Tough loss. We really need to step it up on offense :blah "

Reality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-k4Rntth_g&feature=channel_video_title

Indian guy
05-24-2011, 01:05 PM
This series must be a win-win for you :D

It is. I said it before the series began.

catch24
05-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Dude, I'm well aware of how disliked this team is, which is what makes them winning that much more fun. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I also don't need a LAKER fan of all people tell me why he's unhappy. I already know why these LeBron-fearing scums are. And please don't be deluded enough to act like this doesn't have everything to do with LeBron. Unless you have been living under a rock over the last 5 years, you should know all Miami-hate has everything to do with LeBron when it comes to LAKER fans.

Much if not all of the hate if because of LeBron, but lets be honest, these guys colluded way before the 'decision' and that doesn't sit well with anyone that's competitive, point blank. Barkley, Jordan, and other greats/players are no better than these 'scums' according to you. I just don't see how or why you get so worked up over Lakers fans saying what most of America feels.

It's funny that you talk about team fan bases etc, yet you're so confused, you don't even know who to cheer for this series.

Indian guy
05-24-2011, 01:11 PM
I just don't see how or why you get so worked up over Lakers fans saying what most of America feels.

Most of America didn't hate LeBron prior to The Decision. At least their hate has some credibility. LAKER fans? They have feared LeBron for at least 5 years now and have dedicated most of their sports lives to dealing with their ridiculous insecurity regarding him. Their continued hate of all-things related to LeBron has nothing to do with what happened last summer or is even happening this year - so stop pretending like it does.

Indian guy
05-24-2011, 01:12 PM
It's funny that you talk about team fan bases etc, yet you're so confused, you don't even know who to cheer for this series.

Not confused at all. I want LeBron to win.

catch24
05-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Most of America didn't hate LeBron prior to The Decision. At least their hate has some credibility. LAKER fans? They have feared LeBron for at least 5 years now and have dedicated most of their sports lives to dealing with their ridiculous insecurity regarding him. Their continued hate of all-things related to LeBron has nothing to do with what happened last summer or is even happening this year - so stop pretending like it does.

Maybe because Kobe and LeBron were heavily compared prior to the decision? Even then, 'hate' is a pretty strong word. I think you confuse Kobe stans and trolls with actual Lakers fans and people here, from Los Angeles. Again, LeBron isn't that important; stop making it seem like he's on peoples mind all the time :oldlol:

catch24
05-24-2011, 01:15 PM
Not confused at all. I want LeBron to win.

So then you're a front-running-bandwagon fan. Glad we cleared that up.

Rasheed1
05-24-2011, 01:15 PM
Much if not all of the hate if because of LeBron, but lets be honest, these guys colluded way before the 'decision' and that doesn't sit well with anyone that's competitive, point blank. Barkley, Jordan, and other greats/players are no better than these 'scums' according to you. I just don't see how or why you get so worked up over Lakers fans saying what most of America feels.

:oldlol: there is no collusion...

Players can talk to each other all they want... Players tell other players to come to their team all the time.. Is that colluding too?

people love to pile on with more hatred than necessary... but what most smart people understand is that winning makes people forget the hate... Kobe had a terrible reputation circa the time he fueded with Shaq and Malone and almost got prosecuted for ra.pe

He lived it down why? because he won titles afterwards... It wiped his slate soo clean that most of these knucklehead kobe fans dont even know anything about that stuff.... They march around talking like Kobe is a some kind of good role model...

Scottie Pippen sat out of the last play when he realized it wasnt drawn up for him but was drawn up for Kukoc.. Scottie took really heavy criticism for being a punk ass and just like the lebron haters, people swore he would never live it down.. Well? he did live it down, and soo will Lebron. If he wins a title, most people (everyone except the really delusional fans) will let it go and move on to his winning ways.

Indian guy
05-24-2011, 01:16 PM
So then you're a front-running-bandwagon fan. Glad we cleared that up.

What? I've been a LeBron for 6 years now.

chazzy
05-24-2011, 01:16 PM
And Lebron fans don't hate Kobe? Jordan fans? Stop acting like this is some bizarre phenomenon involving deep underlying feelings of insecurity.

Rasheed1
05-24-2011, 01:18 PM
And Lebron fans don't hate Kobe? Jordan fans? Stop acting like this is some bizarre phenomenon involving deep underlying feelings of insecurity.

people hate kobe FANS moreso than Kobe Bryant himself

People hate kobe fans because they are kobe fans, not basketball fans

catch24
05-24-2011, 01:20 PM
:oldlol: there is no collusion...

Players can talk to each other all they want... Players tell other players to come to their team all the time.. Is that colluding too?

Scottie Pippen sat out of the last play when he realized it wasnt drawn up for him but was drawn up for Kukoc.. Scottie took really heavy criticism for being a punk ass and just like the lebron haters, people swore he would never live it down.. Well? he did live it down, and soo will Lebron. If he wins a title, most people (everyone except the really delusional fans) will let it go and move on to his winning ways.

Of course they can. They can talk about joining up with each other in the middle of their playoff series too :oldlol:

Again, I don't 'hate' this team or their players. I'm just not 'happy' for them because, well, it's to be expected that they'd win a championship with the 2 best players in the game and a top 5 power forward. Like Jordan and Barkley have said, it's just not something I find very competitive. As a fan, that's what I want to see. And get Kobe's name out of your mouth. It's obvious you have some sort of dislike for the guy, but he's irrelevant to the topic.

DMAVS41
05-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Of course they can. They can talk about joining up with each other in the middle of their playoff series too :oldlol:

Again, I don't 'hate' this team or their players. I'm just not 'happy' for them because, well, it's to be expected that they'd win a championship with the 2 best players in the game and a top 5 power forward. Like Jordan and Barkley have said, it's just not something I find very competitive. As a fan, that's what I want to see. And get Kobe's name out of your mouth. It's obvious you have some sort of dislike for the guy, but he's irrelevant to the topic.

So Magic and Kareem should have told the Lakers to not draft Worthy the summer they won the title?

I just don't see the difference all that much. Magic came out solely to play with Kareem. Worthy was a lock to be a star NBA player.

Magic/Kareem/Worthy is a lot better than this current heat trio as well. Not to mention the Lakers had better depth and coaching as well.

Do you think its fair for a team that wins 57 games and the title to get the number 1 pick that summer? Is that good for the competitive nature of the sport?

Indian guy
05-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Again, LeBron isn't that important; stop making it seem like he's on peoples mind all the time :oldlol:

How can you post on this board and still claim LeBron isn't that important to LAKER fans(or Kobe trolls, no difference)? You clearly have a different concept of reality if you don't think all-Heat hate on part of LAKER fans has everything to do with LeBron and NOTHING to do with what happened this past summer or even this season.

Oh the horror's trying to sell a story where he isn't "happy" for Miami because of what happened since July 8 last year. Yeah, that's truly how he feels :rolleyes: :oldlol:. Nobody's falling for that garbage. We are perfectly aware of why every LAKER fans dies a little inside with each Miami victory.

catch24
05-24-2011, 01:26 PM
What? I've been a LeBron for 6 years now.

You're also a long time Bulls fan, before LeBron came into the league correct?

So when the Bulls do well and/or win a championship you'd celebrate and be happy; when LeBron does well and/or wins a champion you'd do the same. It's a win-win situation for you. Though when they do play each other, like now, you choose one over the other. That's what you call being fickle; the true definition of a bandwagon fan.

catch24
05-24-2011, 01:27 PM
How can you post on this board and still claim LeBron isn't that important to LAKER fans(or Kobe trolls, no difference)? You clearly have a different concept of reality if you don't think all-Heat hate on part of LAKER fans has everything to do with LeBron and NOTHING to do with what happened this past summer or even this season.

There's a difference between Kobe trolls and Lakers fans. Until you accept that, you'll always be delusional thinking he's on Lakers fans minds 24/7.

catch24
05-24-2011, 01:29 PM
So Magic and Kareem should have told the Lakers to not draft Worthy the summer they won the title?

I just don't see the difference all that much. Magic came out solely to play with Kareem. Worthy was a lock to be a star NBA player.

Magic/Kareem/Worthy is a lot better than this current heat trio as well. Not to mention the Lakers had better depth and coaching as well.

Do you think its fair for a team that wins 57 games and the title to get the number 1 pick that summer? Is that good for the competitive nature of the sport?

Magic was drafted by the Lakers, as was Worthy. They weren't veterans, and established players joining up to make a super-team. Just a tad bit of a difference.

Indian guy
05-24-2011, 01:32 PM
That's what you call being fickle; the true definition of a bandwagon fan.

I don't think you know what bandwagoner means. A bandwagoner is someone who only supports the team when it's good. That's not me. I watched every Bulls game even during the dark ages of 99-04. There's nothing wrong with me becoming a bigger LeBron fan than a Bulls fan. I still watch every Bulls game and still root for them against 28 teams in the league.

DMAVS41
05-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Magic was drafted by the Lakers, as was Worthy. They weren't veterans, and established players joining up to make a super-team. Just a tad bit of a difference.

Yea, but the end result is better. The Lakers added a lock future hall of famer after winning the title. You said you don't like the heat because its not good for the competitive nature of the sport.

How is Magic only coming out to play with Kareem good for the competitive nature of the sport. Everyone in the world knew Magic would be an all time great. Same with Worthy. Worthy even in college is probably better than Bosh ever has been.

I find it a huge double standard that Lakers fans are cool with the way Magic/Kareem/Worthy all joined up but not this.

And I'll say it again. Magic is better than anyone on the Heat. Kareem is better than anyone on the Heat. Worthy is better than Bosh.

Better coach and better depth/role players as well.

Your take is that Lebron basically should have said "no" to joining the Heat. But then you are cool with Magic joining up with one of the 5 best players ever. It was Magic's choice. He chose to come out solely to play with Kareem. Its a double standard.

catch24
05-24-2011, 01:34 PM
I don't think you know what bandwagoner means. A bandwagoner is someone who only supports the team when it's good. That's not me. I watched every Bulls game even during the dark ages of 99-04. There's nothing wrong with me becoming a bigger LeBron fan than a Bulls fan. I still watch every Bulls game and still root for them against 28 teams in the league.

Hows is the definition of the term 'bandwaggon' any different in your case, when you, a long time Bulls fan (before LeBron was drafted), cheers for a player before your team? You basically don't give two shits whether the Bulls advance or not because your fascination of one player. Again, that's as fickle as they come dude.

catch24
05-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Yea, but the end result is better. The Lakers added a lock future hall of famer after winning the title. You said you don't like the heat because its not good for the competitive nature of the sport.

How is Magic only coming out to play with Kareem good for the competitive nature of the sport. Everyone in the world knew Magic would be an all time great. Same with Worthy. Worthy even in college is probably better than Bosh ever has been.

I find it a huge double standard that Lakers fans are cool with the way Magic/Kareem/Worthy all joined up but not this.

And I'll say it again. Magic is better than anyone on the Heat. Kareem is better than anyone on the Heat. Worthy is better than Bosh.

Better coach and better depth/role players as well.

It's not a double standard at all. They were drafted by the same franchise. Whether their results were good or bad is irrelevant. I was just pointing out the difference. They didn't join together while they were 3 all-stars and seasoned vets.

DMAVS41
05-24-2011, 01:38 PM
It's not a double standard at all. They were drafted by the same franchise. Whether their results were good or bad is irrelevant. I was just pointing out the difference. They didn't join together while they were 3 all-stars and seasoned vets.

Because they didn't have to.

Thats the point you are missing. Players don't turn down the chance to play with other great players. Why would they?

glidedrxlr22
05-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Blazers fan here rooting for the Heat. Ha ha Laker fans squirming in their seats as they see the Heat inching closer and closer to the title. :roll:

bada bing
05-24-2011, 01:41 PM
laker fans should be the last ones complaining about this Miami Heat team. Its very hypocritical of them to do so. i understand the rest of the NBA doing it but not laker fans. Your teams have been stacked with superstars and it was your trade for Gasol that initiated this whole superteams concept. Before you guys got gasol you were still living the nightmare that shaq left behind. Seeing your success initiated the entire superteam collusion of this decade. So please just STFU and just let the rest of us complain and hate the heat.

Rasheed1
05-24-2011, 01:42 PM

to me, its like a pickup game... You choose the best players for your team... GMs are supposed to be building the best team they can

I think what fans are mad at is the fact that PLAYERS in this situation had control over their own destiny and they took control and did what they wanted..

its not even the superteam thing or the Decision (I believe initially people were put off by it, but now? I think its the idea that particularly Lebron got to leave and go to the team HE wanted to play for.

But fans should expect this stuff because even the pretext of player/team loyalty has been gone for years

front offices have gotten comfortable saying that "getting rid of " so & so is simply business.. How many interviews with recently traded players have you seen where everyone spouts the "its business" line?

Seems the players are taking the "its simply business" idea and using it to their advantage.

there are pros & cons

to me I think the main problem is that the NBA markets itself as a superstar driven league instead of a team driven league.. its skews everything towards the individual concept instead of the team concept.. Players eventually start making moves to fulfill their "legacy"..

it will continue until it hurts the money flow and then Stern will come up with some rule to disallow it

catch24
05-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Because they didn't have to.

Thats the point you are missing. Players don't turn down the chance to play with other great players. Why would they?

Well yeah, obviously. But there are other ways to win championships than join up and make a super-team; the players then didn't believe in that type of stuff.

glidedrxlr22
05-24-2011, 01:46 PM
laker fans should be the last ones complaining about this Miami Heat team. Its very hypocritical of them to do so. i understand the rest of the NBA doing it but not laker fans. Your teams have been stacked with superstars and it was your trade for Gasol that initiated this whole superteams concept. Before you guys got gasol you were still living the nightmare that shaq left behind. Seeing your success initiated the entire superteam collusion of this decade. So please just STFU and just let the rest of us complain and hate the heat.

:applause:

I have a Laker friend that says it's not the same with the Lakers cause they got Gasol through a trade. I then asked him, "Would u hate it if the Lakers got Dwight and Derron in free agency?" He couldn't answer the question right. All he said was, "Trades brother." Lame if you ask me. Cop out answer.

Theoo's Daddy
05-24-2011, 01:48 PM

I have a Laker friend that says it's not the same with the Lakers cause they got Gasol through a trade. I then asked him, "Would u hate it if the Lakers got Dwight and Derron in free agency?" He couldn't answer the question right. All he said was, "Trades brother." Lame if you ask me. Cop out answer.
:oldlol: :oldlol: it only makes sense if it favors them.

DMAVS41
05-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Well yeah, obviously. But there are other ways to win championships than join up and make a super-team; the players then didn't believe in that type of stuff.

But they did.

This your double standard.

Magic chose to join Kareem. Kareem was already one of the 10 greatest players of all time.

Again. Magic chose to join him.

And of course the over-rating Bosh continues. He's not a superstar. He's a very good player. Not as good as Worthy or Mchale....

You make it sound like there was ever a doubt the players like Magic and Worthy would be great. There wasn't. I don't know how old you are, but those are two sure things. So lets not act like the Lakers grew Magic and Worthy into great players. Nothing could be further from the truth.

dynasty1978
05-24-2011, 01:49 PM

I think your anger is misguided son. If you want to blame a team, point to Boston who assembling their Big 3 prior to the 08 season. The Lakers didn't even pick up Gasol until mid-season, and even at that point, virtually NO ONE was predicting an NBA title for them....it was only after they bounced SA did that notion pick up steam. Run along now.

catch24
05-24-2011, 01:54 PM
But they did.

This your double standard.

Magic chose to join Kareem. Kareem was already one of the 10 greatest players of all time.

And the Lakers chose to draft him. Again, a difference. Same with Worthy. Whether the played well or didn't have to join another 'superteam' or not is again, irrelevant. They happened to click and that was that. As Jordan said, he wouldn't join up with Barkley or Hakeem to make some super team; same with CB. Whether you believe they're bullsh*ting is on you, but that's the way they feel.

And of course the over-rating Bosh continues. He's not a superstar. He's a very good player. Not as good as Worthy or Mchale....

No one said he was. He's an all-star though, in the midst of his prime, joining up with the top 2 players in the game.

DMAVS41
05-24-2011, 02:02 PM
And the Lakers chose to draft him. Again, a difference. Same with Worthy. Whether the played well or didn't have to join another 'superteam' or not is again, irrelevant. They happened to click and that was that. As Jordan said, he wouldn't join up with Barkley or Hakeem to make some super team; same with CB. Whether you believe they're bullsh*ting is on you, but that's the way they feel.

No one said he was. He's an all-star though, in the midst of his prime, joining up with the top 2 players in the game.

I don't care what MJ or Barkely are saying. That has nothing to do with this debate.

I just find it silly that a team that was formed like the 80's Lakers is viewed any differently.

You keep saying the Lakers drafted Magic and Worthy. Yep. And the Heat signed Lebron and Bosh.

It just happened to click so far. They haven't won anything yet and people are already claiming its not competitive.

Trading Pau Gasol in conference for pennies on the dollar is not competitive either. Its part of the game. KG/Pierce/Allen joining up is not competitive. Shaq and Kobe on the same team is not competitive.

At least according to your standards. That is my problem. People like you want "pure luck" to determine the legacies of these players.

I just got done listening to people claim that Dirk must win a title to cement his legacy. Ok, great......but do they bring up the simple fact that Dirk's team is significantly worse than most title teams.

Lets assume the Mavs make the finals and play the Heat. And lets assume the Heat win. Will anyone care that the Heat are much more talented? Of course not. Thats why all this crap is so much BS. All the great teams have been ****ing loaded. And its a suckers game to try and do it alone.

So Dirk has been loyal. He's never complained. He's never publicly demanded a trade...etc. He's done everything people like you claim a franchise player should do.

But if you were asked your opinion on Dirk. The first thing people like you would say is that he never won a title. So you need to realize that before condemning these players for joining up. Especially when NBA history has shown you need 2 great players at least to win titles.

OhNoTimNoSho
05-24-2011, 02:09 PM
I'm a sixers fan but once they got knocked out I am all team Heat, lets get this bandwagon going, sorry u guys can't enjoy a winning team like us bandwagon fans :( :(

catch24
05-24-2011, 02:14 PM
I don't care what MJ or Barkely are saying. That has nothing to do with this debate.

Of course it does. I mentioned competition and their names with my first comment here; remember you quoted me.

I just find it silly that a team that was formed like the 80's Lakers is viewed any differently.

It is different. They were not in their prime, nor were all 3-seasoned vets that joined up to win a championship. Again, different.

You keep saying the Lakers drafted Magic and Worthy. Yep. And the Heat signed Lebron and Bosh.

Right, when they were on different franchises, have been in the league for multiple seasons, and one, LeBron, failing to bring a championship to Cleveland.

It just happened to click so far. They haven't won anything yet and people are already claiming its not competitive.

Because people already knew they were championship bound the next 4-5 years; they just weren't sold on them clicking THIS year because of chemistry issues.

Trading Pau Gasol in conference for pennies on the dollar is not competitive either. Its part of the game. KG/Pierce/Allen joining up is not competitive. Shaq and Kobe on the same team is not competitive.

Pau didn't join up with another top tier player and form a super-team with the Lakers. The Lakers had great role players, who worked their way up to being relevant and big pieces to their championship runs.

At least according to your standards. That is my problem. People like you want "pure luck" to determine the legacies of these players.

I don't want 'pure luck'. I'd rather not see the two best players in the league on the same team, that's all.

Lets assume the Mavs make the finals and play the Heat. And lets assume the Heat win. Will anyone care that the Heat are much more talented? Of course not. Thats why all this crap is so much BS. All the great teams have been ****ing loaded. And its a suckers game to try and do it alone.

Yeah, some people will hate that LeBron and Wade had to join up and win another ring. Just for the record, I'm not one of them. I just prefer them going against each other, that's all. And not loaded in the sense where the top 2 players are on the same team. That's pretty historic.

But if you were asked your opinion on Dirk. The first thing people like you would say is that he never won a title. So you need to realize that before condemning these players for joining up. Especially when NBA history has shown you need 2 great players at least to win titles.

Actually, I'm not one of those people. Sorry, try again. Unless you're overrating the crap out of him, comparing his career to that of a top 10 player, say for example Bryant, then we have no problem. He's had two teams that won 60+, one of them making a Finals appearance. Not the best help? OF course not, but he still had pretty damn good role players and pieces to win it all.

DMAVS41
05-24-2011, 02:20 PM
Of course it does. I mentioned competition and their names with my first comment here; remember you quoted me.

It is different. They were not in their prime, nor were all 3-seasoned vets that joined up to win a championship. Again, different.

Right, when they were on different franchises, have been in the league for multiple seasons, and one, LeBron, failing to bring a championship to Cleveland.

Because people already knew they were championship bound the next 4-5 years; they just weren't sold on them clicking THIS year because of chemistry issues.

Pau didn't join up with another top tier player and form a super-team with the Lakers. The Lakers had great role players, who worked their way up to being relevant and big pieces to their championship runs.

I don't want 'pure luck'. I'd rather not see the two best players in the league on the same team, that's all.

Yeah, some people will hate that LeBron and Wade had to join up and win another ring. Just for the record, I'm not one of them. I just prefer them going against each other, that's all. And not loaded in the sense where the top 2 players are on the same team. That's pretty historic.

Actually, I'm not one of those people. Sorry, try again. Unless you're overrating the crap out of him, comparing his career to that of a top 10 player, say for example Bryant, then we have no problem. He's had two teams that won 60+, one of them making a Finals appearance. Not the best help? OF course not, but he still had pretty damn good role players and pieces to win it all.

And I'd prefer not to see Magic and Kareem play together.....and then get the 1st pick after winning a title. ROFL...what a ****ing joke. And prefer not to see Kobe and Shaq play together.

Is what it is. Those guys have their franchises 7 years before they left. Lets not act like they didn't give it a good try. 7 years is probably half of their careers when its all said and done.

I just love it. Lakers fans act like the franchise did something special. Kareem chose to come to you because of the market and then Magic chose to come to you because of Kareem....then you get the first pick in the draft after winning a title. Well done.

Even how you got Kobe was a joke. Kobe's agent stone walling other teams. Shaq chose the Lakers. Gasol was gifted.

Truly hilarious hearing Lakers fans ***** about other teams getting great players.

But I guess this is what happens when the Lakers don't have by far the best team in the league. The fans are so spoiled that they ***** and moan about other teams following their blueprint of stacking Rosters for 50 years now.

Can't wait to hear you defend your franchise and players if Howard comes to LA.
:roll: :roll:

Of course Kobe is better than Dirk. That was not my point. But the biggest reason why Kobe is considered better? Rings.

And how do you get rings? By playing on the most stacked teams of the decade like Kobe has. They are dependent on each other. Thats the point.

You know you would never rank Lebron over Kobe if Lebron ended his career with the Cavs and only won 1 title. No way in hell.

So its a flawed notion. The basketball world either needs to stop placing so much emphasis on rings....or people like you need to STFU about players coming together. You can hate how they did it, but the end result on the court is nothing new.

And if you let "off court" stuff impact how you judge players, then your rankings or opinions shouldn't be valued much.

dillondavis
05-24-2011, 02:23 PM
:eek: :oldlol: :roll: :roll: who??? please dont say who I think u are talkin bout
Its obvious who it is. He's talkin about charmers! Lol

catch24
05-24-2011, 02:33 PM
And I'd prefer not to see Magic and Kareem play together.....and then get the 1st pick after winning a title. ROFL...what a ****ing joke. And prefer not to see Kobe and Shaq play together.

Kareem wasn't even in his prime when he played with Magic, but alright I guess? :oldlol: To each his own.

Is what it is. Those guys have their franchises 7 years before they left. Lets not act like they didn't give it a good try. 7 years is probably half of their careers when its all said and done.

Who's acting like they 'didn't give it a good try'? All I'm saying is there are other ways to win championships than team up with the best players in the league.

I just love it. Lakers fans act like the franchise did something special. Kareem chose to come to you because of the market and then Magic chose to come to you because of Kareem....then you get the first pick in the draft after winning a title. Well done.

They did do something special. They traded Gail Goodrich (a pretty damn good player) for the #1 pick. With Kareem on the decline, they knew what Magic would bring to the table.

Even how you got Kobe was a joke. Kobe's agent stone walling other teams. Shaq chose the Lakers. Gasol was gifted.

The Lakers were a decent playoff team and nothing more. Bounced out of the first round in 5. They traded and released a bunch of their players for Shaq/Kobe. Again, different. No one knew Kobe would go down as a top 10 player. And yes, Gasol was gifted, but the Lakers were far from stacked before picking up Gasol. That team Kobe was playing with was virtually the same one bounced from the first round back-to-back seasons. Like I said, they built played their way up, and got better through trial and error with a lucky trade.

Truly hilarious hearing Lakers fans ***** about other teams getting great players.

Truly hilarious hearing idiotic fan bases getting mad over something more than half of America agrees with.

ut I guess this is what happens when the Lakers don't have by far the best team in the league. The fans are so spoiled that they ***** and moan about other teams following their blueprint of stacking Rosters for 50 years now.

What's wrong with winning? No one likes being a fan of a piss poor loser franchise. Don't get all bent out of shape because you didn't realize there was a difference between colluding and drafting.

DMAVS41
05-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Kareem wasn't even in his prime when he played with Magic, but alright I guess? :oldlol: To each his own.

Who's acting like they 'didn't give it a good try'? All I'm saying is there are other ways to win championships than team up with the best players in the league.

They did do something special. They traded Gail Goodrich (a pretty damn good player) for the #1 pick. With Kareem on the decline, they knew what Magic would bring to the table.

The Lakers were a decent playoff team and nothing more. Bounced out of the first round in 5. They traded and released a bunch of their players for Shaq/Kobe. Again, different. No one knew Kobe would go down as a top 10 player. And yes, Gasol was gifted, but the Lakers were far from stacked before picking up Gasol. That team Kobe was playing with was virtually the same one bounced from the first round back-to-back seasons. Like I said, they built played their way up, and got better through trial and error with a lucky trade.

Truly hilarious hearing idiotic fan bases for getting mad over something more than half of America agrees with.

What's wrong with winning? No one likes being a fan of a piss poor loser franchise. Don't get all bent out of shape because you didn't realize there was a difference between colluding and drafting.

Can't wait to hear you defend your franchise and players if Howard comes to LA.
:roll: :roll:[/QUOTE]

Are you listening to yourself? Magic basically "colluded" to get to LA. He even readily admits he simply would not have come out if he wasn't going to the Lakers. How is that any different? Its not.

What does it matter how they came together? The on court product is no different than half of the Lakers and Celtics teams of all time. In fact, both the Lakers and Celtics have had far more stacked teams.

There is nothing wrong with winning. I'm not the one creating a double standard about it. You are.

It would be like me saying that I discount the Lakers titles because of their payroll. You can win a title and not have the highest payroll in the league. Just see the Spurs.

So how is that different? The Lakers buy more championships than any team....and they can get the bigtime players in large part solely because of where the team is located.

All that stuff is garbage. Its all off court crap. Until the "on court" stuff becomes unfair, there is nothing wrong with what the Heat did.

And again. magic/kareem/worthy with a better supporting cast and coach is much more of a super team than the heat.

catch24
05-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Are you listening to yourself? Magic basically "colluded" to get to LA. He even readily admits he simply would not have come out if he wasn't going to the Lakers. How is that any different? Its not.

So because he was good in college meant he was going to be a legend in the NBA? The difference is Magic wasn't a veteran with 6+ seasons under his belt being called arguably the best player in the league. The fact you continue to ignore this speaks more about you than it does with my opinion (one that's shared by most people that watch the NBA).

What does it matter how they came together? The on court product is no different than half of the Lakers and Celtics teams of all time. In fact, both the Lakers and Celtics have had far more stacked teams.

It matters because its lame and not competitive to me. I don't like seeing two guys, never mind the two best perimeter players today, that I got used to watching play against each other on the same team. It's less interesting.

There is nothing wrong with winning. I'm not the one creating a double standard about it. You are.

There's no double standard - if you can't see a difference between a team drafting for its players and all-stars joining up to win a ring, I don't know what to tell you.

It would be like me saying that I discount the Lakers titles because of their payroll. You can win a title and not have the highest payroll in the league. Just see the Spurs.

You can say what you want; I can give two shits about what your opinion is. Again, I don't HATE what they did, I just rather see them go against each other than play for the same team. You'll never change my mind, sorry.

So how is that different? The Lakers buy more championships than any team....and they can get the bigtime players in large part solely because of where the team is located.

What's your point? The Lakers never had the two best players nor a top 5 player at his position playing for the same team.

All that stuff is garbage. Its all off court crap. Until the "on court" stuff becomes unfair, there is nothing wrong with what the Heat did.

What are you talking about?

And again. magic/kareem/worthy with a better supporting cast and coach is much more of a super team than the heat.

Relative to ERA's of course. And there's a difference between the 'super teams' as I've mentioned time and TIME again. Get it through your peanut sized brain. You won't change my mind, I have my opinion, you have yours. Stop crying about it. I'm not going to belittle their title, I'm not going to hate on them. I respect their talents; for the nth time I just rather see them play against each other.

DMAVS41
05-24-2011, 02:51 PM
So because he was good in college meant he was going to be a legend in the NBA? The difference is Magic wasn't a veteran with 6+ seasons under his belt being called arguably the best player in the league. The fact you continue to ignore this speaks more about you than it does with my opinion (one that's shared by most people that watch the NBA).

It matters because its lame and not competitive to me. I don't like seeing two guys, never mind the two best perimeter players today, that I got used to watching play against each other on the same team. It's less interesting.

There's no double standard - if you can't see a difference between a team drafting for its players and all-stars joining up to win a ring, I don't know what to tell you.

You can say what you want; I can give two shits about what your opinion is. Again, I don't HATE what they did, I just rather see them go against each other than play for the same team. You'll never change my mind, sorry.

What's your point? The Lakers never had the two best players nor a top 5 player at his position playing for the same team.

What are you talking about?

Relative to ERA's of course. And there's a difference between the 'super teams' as I've mentioned time and TIME again. Get it through your peanut sized brain. You won't change my mind, I have my opinion, you have yours. Stop crying about it. I'm not going to belittle their title, I'm not going to hate on them. I respect their talents; for the nth time I just rather see them play against each other.

And I would have liked to not see magic/kareem/worthy play together. Or Shaq/Kobe play together.

Get it through your non-existent brain.

catch24
05-24-2011, 02:55 PM
And I would have liked to not see magic/kareem/worthy play together. Or Shaq/Kobe play together.

Get it through your non-existent brain.

As I said, I don't give a sh*t what you think you idiot. Have your opinion :oldlol:

DMAVS41
05-24-2011, 02:57 PM
As I said, I don't give a sh*t what you think you idiot. Have your opinion :oldlol:

Damn. Why you so mad?

Just love when Fakers fans pull the shit you do. Hilarious.

catch24
05-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Damn. Why you so mad?

Just love when Fakers fans pull the shit you do. Hilarious.

Why you so dumb? You quoted me for having an opinion. Swaering like a drunken sailor and all, but yeah I'm mad :oldlol:

TheAnchorman
05-24-2011, 03:01 PM
I personally feel that the Heat coming together is a chance to make history. People say they prefer to see Lebron and Wade play against another, but after seeing KG rotting away in Minny I don't ever want to see something like that happen again, especially with Bron in Cleveland and Wade in Miami. I'm guessing you guys would personally disapprove of Moses forcing a trade to Philly in 1983 because Houston couldn't build around him (wow, sounds familiar)? Give me a break.

I also want to think about it on a numbers standpoint:
How many games do Lebron and Wade play against each other before 2010? 2-4 regular season, if they meet in the playoffs that goes from 6-11. Together? 82 games + playoffs; how big of a leap is that? You get to see them play as a tandem that can kill you in transition and produce highlights on a daily basis. I would rather watch the 90+ games they've played so far this season compared to the few H2H matchups they have. So much more; plus, there are other players out there that they perform great against. Melo for instance, Lebron and Melo H2H far surpasses Leborn and Wade H2H from what I've seen.

This is how the new NBA works. Deal with it.

Dr.atkins
05-24-2011, 03:08 PM
There was nothing wrong with what happened with Miami this year. It was clearly in those players best interests, and its definitely not "unfair". It is not some new amazing concept that no one has never thought of either.

DMAVS41
05-24-2011, 03:20 PM
I personally feel that the Heat coming together is a chance to make history. People say they prefer to see Lebron and Wade play against another, but after seeing KG rotting away in Minny I don't ever want to see something like that happen again, especially with Bron in Cleveland and Wade in Miami. I'm guessing you guys would personally disapprove of Moses forcing a trade to Philly in 1983 because Houston couldn't build around him (wow, sounds familiar)? Give me a break.

I also want to think about it on a numbers standpoint:
How many games do Lebron and Wade play against each other before 2010? 2-4 regular season, if they meet in the playoffs that goes from 6-11. Together? 82 games + playoffs; how big of a leap is that? You get to see them play as a tandem that can kill you in transition and produce highlights on a daily basis. I would rather watch the 90+ games they've played so far this season compared to the few H2H matchups they have. So much more; plus, there are other players out there that they perform great against. Melo for instance, Lebron and Melo H2H far surpasses Leborn and Wade H2H from what I've seen.

This is how the new NBA works. Deal with it.

Catch just can't handle it because its not his beloved Lakers with the most stacked team in the league. Although the funny part is that the Lakers still had as much or more talent top to bottom this year and the GOAT coach.

He's basically saying that he thinks the players should have turned down the chance to play with each other. But he has no problem with kareem/magic/worthy playing together. What he doesn't realize is that these three guys put their time in on bad teams for the first part of their careers. They earned the right to do this by giving their franchises 7 great years before leaving.

Magic never put his time in on a bad team.
Worthy never did either.

He's so stupid he doesn't even see what a joke he is. By his standards, Magic should have woken up one morning and demanded a a trade because his team around him was just too good and it wasn't fair competitively for the league.:facepalm

catch24
05-24-2011, 03:27 PM

Catch just can't handle it because its not his beloved Lakers with the most stacked team in the league. Although the funny part is that the Lakers still had as much or more talent top to bottom this year and the GOAT coach.

More like you can't handle the fact someone has a different opinion of yours. That's life. No ones ever going to fully agree on the same thing. That's life.

For me personally? I can handle it; in fact, like I've said before, Wade deserves more respect and a ring will give him that due justice. Would I rather see LeBron get more help, as with Wade and watch them play each other in future postseasons? Of course. How can you blame me? They're the two best wings (arguably best all-around players) in the game. It'd be cool to see them duke it out.

The only dumbass here is yourself, thinking your opinion holds more weight than mine. You act like a little kid when you debate; this is the way I'll be treating you in the future when if you continue to quote me, "wee one".

hawksdogsbraves
05-24-2011, 03:28 PM
I've liked the Heat all season and I'm pulling for them to win it all. I don't really know why, I guess that I've always liked Wade and Lebron and I think Lebron has taken more shit than he deserves.

pegasus
05-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Not that it's not fair, it's just that they chose the easiest way possible to winning a title.

I wouldn't have had a problem with either Lebron or Wade teaming up with Bosh, or Amare, or even Dirk, but BOTH of them on the same team, along with Bosh and several good role players is just an overkill. Not that they are the best team in the league, but they did think that they were creating the best team, and they may this off season.

If they were indeed the two best players in the league, then they wouldn't have been on the same team. But I guess they agree with me that they are not the two best players. They are just two little pus$ies who were scared to go against each other, or against the other best players without each other.

DMAVS41
05-24-2011, 03:38 PM
More like you can't handle the fact someone has a different opinion of yours. That's life. No ones ever going to fully agree on the same thing. That's life.

For me personally? I can handle it; in fact, like I've said before, Wade deserves more respect and a ring will give him that due justice. Would I rather see LeBron get more help, as with Wade and watch them play each other in future postseasons? Of course. How can you blame me? They're the two best wings (arguably best all-around players) in the game. It'd be cool to see them duke it out.

The only dumbass here is yourself, thinking your opinion holds more weight than mine. You act like a little kid when you debate; this is the way I'll be treating you in the future when if you continue to quote me, "wee one".

nope.

you were questioning the competitive nature of the players joining forces.

which is laughable.

and then after that all i heard was:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

From a Fakers fan bitching about great players playing together.

You should stick to making claims like "lebron is a poor defender" and stuff like that.

It suits you better.

Rasheed1
05-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Not that it's not fair, it's just that they chose the easiest way possible to winning a title.

I wouldn't have had a problem with either Lebron or Wade teaming up with Bosh, or Amare, or even Dirk, but BOTH of them on the same team, along with Bosh and several good role players is just an overkill. Not that they are the best team in the league, but they did think that they were creating the best team, and they may this off season.

If they were indeed the two best players in the league, then they wouldn't have been on the same team. But I guess they agree with me that they are not the two best players. They are just two little pus$ies who were scared to go against each other, or against the other best players without each other.

:facepalm the goal of any player or GM is to play on or build the best team with the best players possible... When you play pickup games, do select the worst guys first for your team?

Where the hell are fans coming up with this totally ass backward logic that great players shouldnt want to play together?

that goes against everything a TEAM stands for...

& dont go pointing out bird and magic and Jordan either because their teams were great and I dont care what BS they talk now, they would have pitched a b*tch if their teams didnt improve enough for them to have a shot...

Magic and kobe wouldnt even play for teams that werent named the Lakers right out the draft... Kobe didnt even wait for his first chance in free agency.. he came out the box making demands

Barkley tore the team apart and became a huge distraction ON PURPOSE when he couldnt get good players here on the 6ers.. Then he went to play for a better team in Phoenix so he should STFU right about now

The better TEAM is what wins titles, and it always has been...

Players who think they can win without help are in for a rude awakening

catch24
05-24-2011, 03:46 PM
nope.

you were questioning the competitive nature of the players joining forces.

which is laughable.

So Jordan and Barkley questioning there 'competitive nature' makes them laughable and crybabies? You need to stay consistent, "wee one". You're back pedaling in all your posts.

From a Fakers fan bitching about great players playing together.

:oldlol: at you thinking I'm 'bitching'. All I said was I rather see them play on different teams going head to head. As would several other legends. You are one delusional little troll that has some inferiority complex towards the Lakers franchise. It's funny watching you cry, whine, b*tch and moan about Kobe being overrated and the Lakers buying their titles, etc. Such hypocrisy. Guess the good old adage is true - success brings haters. :applause:

You should stick to making claims like "lebron is a poor defender" and stuff like that.

Never said that you know it. Relative to Wade, I thought he was playing poor based on the games I saw him in. Keep making up sh*t though - not like that isn't your nature or anything.

DMAVS41
05-24-2011, 03:52 PM
So Jordan and Barkley questioning there 'competitive nature' makes them laughable and crybabies? You need to stay consistent, "wee one". You're back pedaling in all your posts.

:oldlol: at you thinking I'm 'bitching'. All I said was I rather see them play on different teams going head to head. As would several other legends. You are one delusional little troll that has some inferiority complex towards the Lakers franchise. It's funny watching you cry, whine, b*tch and moan about Kobe being overrated and the Lakers buying their titles, etc. Such hypocrisy. Guess the good old adage is true - success brings haters. :applause:

Never said that you know it. Relative to Wade, I thought he was playing poor based on the games I saw him in. Keep making up sh*t though - not like that isn't your nature or anything.

Yes Yes Yes.

Jordan would have ****ing packed his bags and left Chicago in a heartbeat if he had played with shit teams. MJ only cared about winning. the dude would cheat at cards for christ sake. you think he gives a shit about how good his team is? No ****ing way.

Barkley is even more of a joke.

Its you are backpedaling. You called out their competitive nature......and thats just silly. Its their competitive nature that brought them together. They told the entire NBA "**** you"...bring it on. Bring on all the pressure.

catch24
05-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Yes Yes Yes.

Jordan would have ****ing packed his bags and left Chicago in a heartbeat if he had played with shit teams. MJ only cared about winning. the dude would cheat at cards for christ sake. you think he gives a shit about how good his team is? No ****ing way.

LOL, alright. Really I don't know what he'd do, but I'd lean towards him asking his management for help than joining Clyde Drexler and say Patrick Ewing.

Barkley is even more of a joke.

If you say so Sir, Gino.

Its you are backpedaling. You called out their competitive nature......and thats just silly. Its their competitive nature that brought them together. They told the entire NBA "**** you"...bring it on. Bring on all the pressure.

Just backing what MJ said. If I'm silly so be it. That's my opinion, sucka.

NugzHeat3
05-24-2011, 04:04 PM
That's pretty sad. Rooting for your favorite player over your favorite team.... Where they do that at?

That's like me wanting the HEAT to lose so Rose can get to the finals (if I was a Rose fan, of course).

NugzHeat3
05-24-2011, 04:09 PM
I don't know how Barkley has any right to question someone's competitive nature when he routinely took plays off on defense. He also asked for a trade to the Rockets, the team who beat his Suns twice enroute to 2 championships. This guy has the nerve to question LeBron's competitive nature? Beats me.

Rasheed1
05-24-2011, 04:12 PM
I don't know how Barkley has any right to question someone's competitive nature when he routinely took plays off on defense. He also asked for a trade to the Rockets, the team who beat his Suns twice enroute to 2 championships. This guy has the nerve to question LeBron's competitive nature? Beats me.

exactly.. :hammerhead: Barkley did it twice

he jumped to Phoenix when he couldnt get it done in here... Then when he failed in Phoenix and the Rockets started looking like a beast? he went there

Barkley should just shut his fat mouth

pegasus
05-24-2011, 04:13 PM

That's just :facepalm That's why you are the worst Bulls fan around here. In fact, you are not one.

gilalizard
05-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Michael Jordan:

"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team... But that's... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."

Has there ever been the situation we have where two unquestioned best players in the league colluding to play together while in their primes? Can anyone imagine MJ running to join the one player who is arguably as good as him when he was in his prime? No, he would want to beat that player because he had that inexorable drive to compete and prove himself AGAINST the best.

LeBron James:

"We don't have the pressure of going out and scoring 30 every night or shooting a high percentage."

Can you imagine MJ ever saying anything close to this? Of seeking out LESS pressure? Because it's too hard to not have another top 2 player there to bail him out?

All that plus Bosh who is capable of playing as a top 10-15 player himself on any given night. What is it, two games of 30+ for him this series so far? That's a hell of a third option when the TWO BEST PLAYERS IN THE GAME both have off nights and aren't producing (or are exhausted from chasing Rose around).

And no, Miami's roleplayers are not wash-out scrubs. There a decent, assortment of roleplayers who, like roleplayers throughout the league, have their share of streaky play.

Anything Miami wins as the most stacked team in the league is not worthy of much respect at all.

And that's not even counting the rampaging douchebaggery of the Decision, the "not 1, not 2, not 3, etc..." "it's going to be easy" LeBronisms, the favoritism dwhistle gets plus his whining like a spoiled two-year-old on the rare occurrence he doesn't get the bail-out call, his MMA takedown of Rondo, and whoever was weeping over losing a regular season game.

(Oh, and don't forget Florida has no income tax. So whatever "sacrifice" these multi-millionaires made is nowhere near what they want you to think it was.)

Rasheed1
05-24-2011, 05:38 PM
the key phrase in Jordan's quote is "with hindsight,".....

Jordan wouldnt have stayed on the team and rotted away if they were the Clippers...

the Bulls had some great coaches (even though they say he helped get rid of Doug Collins before Phil took over) and they had a great scheme with some players to implement it...

None of these all timers played on sh*tty teams... they wouldnt even be quoted by you if they didnt have rings and werent in the top 5 as far as legacy goes...

pmj
05-24-2011, 06:16 PM
I really don't think it's fair for Jordan to say that. The Bulls lucked out with Pippen and Grant 3 years after they lucked out getting Jordan.

You don't think Lebron or Wade or Bosh would have been happy if they had another all-time great at their side? Wade obviously played great in '06 but I'm not sure he would have even been considered above Pippen all-time if he never won again. So Jordan is comparing Wade and Bosh to Magic and Bird? On top of that, it's Cleveland and Toronto, not Chicago, not LA, not Boston. And on top of that, you don't think Barkley would have joined the Bulls? He joined the Suns then the Rockets. I'm 110% sure he would have gone to Chicago if they could have.

Simple Jack
05-24-2011, 07:17 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: at you clowns thinking luck should be the deciding factor that determines a players legacy. A player should apparently be punished and forced to play out his career in a small market with a terrible front office because well, that's the way it is. Bullshit.

Fact is, teams THIS GOOD, relative to the league, have existed before, and will continue to exist. How they got there is irrelevant, unless you want to make pseudo-psychological claims about a players character. Unfortunately, that has nothing to do with a players legacy.

whoartthou
05-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Michael Jordan:

"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team... But that's... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."

Has there ever been the situation we have where two unquestioned best players in the league colluding to play together while in their primes? Can anyone imagine MJ running to join the one player who is arguably as good as him when he was in his prime? No, he would want to beat that player because he had that inexorable drive to compete and prove himself AGAINST the best.

LeBron James:

"We don't have the pressure of going out and scoring 30 every night or shooting a high percentage."

Can you imagine MJ ever saying anything close to this? Of seeking out LESS pressure? Because it's too hard to not have another top 2 player there to bail him out?

All that plus Bosh who is capable of playing as a top 10-15 player himself on any given night. What is it, two games of 30+ for him this series so far? That's a hell of a third option when the TWO BEST PLAYERS IN THE GAME both have off nights and aren't producing (or are exhausted from chasing Rose around).

And no, Miami's roleplayers are not wash-out scrubs. There a decent, assortment of roleplayers who, like roleplayers throughout the league, have their share of streaky play.

Anything Miami wins as the most stacked team in the league is not worthy of much respect at all.

And that's not even counting the rampaging douchebaggery of the Decision, the "not 1, not 2, not 3, etc..." "it's going to be easy" LeBronisms, the favoritism dwhistle gets plus his whining like a spoiled two-year-old on the rare occurrence he doesn't get the bail-out call, his MMA takedown of Rondo, and whoever was weeping over losing a regular season game.

(Oh, and don't forget Florida has no income tax. So whatever "sacrifice" these multi-millionaires made is nowhere near what they want you to think it was.)

doesnt florida have other taxes that compensate for the no income tax?

whoartthou
05-24-2011, 07:23 PM
I really don't think it's fair for Jordan to say that. The Bulls lucked out with Pippen and Grant 3 years after they lucked out getting Jordan.

You don't think Lebron or Wade or Bosh would have been happy if they had another all-time great at their side? Wade obviously played great in '06 but I'm not sure he would have even been considered above Pippen all-time if he never won again. So Jordan is comparing Wade and Bosh to Magic and Bird? On top of that, it's Cleveland and Toronto, not Chicago, not LA, not Boston. And on top of that, you don't think Barkley would have joined the Bulls? He joined the Suns then the Rockets. I'm 110% sure he would have gone to Chicago if they could have.

tbh, you cant just say the bulls "lucked out" with pippen/grant.

Who knows how good those two would have been without jordan guiding them.

Same with bosh... would pippen have been as effective with bosh (would pippen even be pippen with soft ass bosh?)

Heat007
05-24-2011, 07:23 PM
doesnt florida have other taxes that compensate for the no income tax?

nah, we're gypsies

BlueandGold
05-24-2011, 07:26 PM

This, couldn't said it better myself. I think most basketball "purists" think along these lines. Not only that but Wade and Lebron were considered each others competitor. Like MJ and Barkley or Bird and Magic. It's as if both of them gave up trying to lead their teams by themselves and took the easy way out. Think about how much less work MJ or Bird or Majic would have to do to win a championship if they would have teamed up with one another.

catch24
05-24-2011, 07:30 PM
lol at people acting like LeBron was playing for a rebuilding-horrific franchise. Did the Cavs not win 60+ the last several seasons? No one is claiming these players should 'rot away' on their franchises (or can't ask for help), that's why we have free agency, it's just different when the two best players in the league join forces.

Heat007
05-24-2011, 07:31 PM
^ that's ridiculous.

When Magic came into the league he gave an ultimatum that he wanted to play in LA with Kareem and no one else. LeBron didn't do that when he entered the league, he honored the team who selected him, honored his contract, then did what free agents do when they're free.

Magic also went out of his way to get his coach fired when Magic was still very young. He forced his own coach for his playing style... IMAGiNE is LeBron did that and all the crap he'd receive from you schmucks by being so arrogant thinking he's more important than the coach to get his coach canned. lol

Why do people glorify Magic when he did FAR more wrongs than LeBron ever did. Magic was a little b itch who wanted everything his way when he came in, and forced it.

Lebron did everything for cleveland, they didn't build him a proper team to compete for a title, so he became a free agent and did what free agents do.

Lakers fans should NEVER EVER talk about the heat coming together. Magic, Kareem, Wilt, Jerry West, Kobe etc etc etc all wanted to go to the Lakers to get championships. So Faker fans need to shut up about this subject matter... of all fanbases they are not ones to talk.

catch24
05-24-2011, 07:33 PM
:sleeping

Same old crap, I already destroyed. Not gonna repeat myself or continue going back and forth with some troll.

Simple Jack
05-24-2011, 07:34 PM
lol at people acting like LeBron was playing for a rebuilding-horrific franchise. Did the Cavs not win 60+ the last several seasons? No one is claiming these players should 'rot away' on their franchises (or can't ask for help), that's why we have free agency, it's just different when the two best players in the league join forces.

They won <20 the year before he was drafted, as well as this season after he left.

They were absolutely horrid when he didn't play, something like 1-12 the past 3 seasons.

His 2nd option was Mo Williams. Compare the roster he had both years they won 60+, specifically 09, to other teams that won that many games. Let me know what you come up with.

Heat007
05-24-2011, 07:35 PM
yeah we know 24.. we know you're jealous that the Miami Heat are going to rule the roost in the NBA for now and the foreseeable future.

poor you