PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard's weight?

brandowas
05-25-2011, 01:29 PM
In a thread last night many people were saying that Lebron probably weighs somewhere around 260-270. That got me thinking, Dwight's weight is listed at 265... which obviously isn't the right weight. 265 must be his rookie weight right? :confusedshrug: So anyways, does anybody have any idea or links to what Howard's real weight is at this time?

BarberSchool
05-25-2011, 01:35 PM
I would think Dwight weighs slightly less than LeBron. Dwight is only 6'9" without shoes, and his torso is really small, as are his hips and legs. Really the only thing monstrous on him are his deltoids.

Cangri
05-25-2011, 01:36 PM
No way in hell Lebron weights more :roll: :roll:

BarberSchool
05-25-2011, 01:37 PM
No way in hell Lebron weights more :roll: :roll:I bet LeBron's waist, hips, and thighs all have a larger circumference than Dwight's. their ribcages and chests may be about the same, but if anything, dwight's ribcage might be slightly less circumference than Bron. Dwight's ridiculous deltoids reallly fool everyone into thinking he's full-body-strong.

AngelEyes
05-25-2011, 01:41 PM
I would think Dwight weighs slightly less than LeBron. Dwight is only 6'9" without shoes, and his torso is really small, as are his hips and legs. Really the only thing monstrous on him are his deltoids.

That was Howard's height coming out of highschool, there's a chance he might of grown since then.

brandowas
05-25-2011, 01:44 PM
I bet LeBron's waist, hips, and thighs all have a larger circumference than Dwight's. their ribcages and chests may be about the same, but if anything, dwight's ribcage might be slightly less circumference than Bron. Dwight's ridiculous deltoids reallly fool everyone into thinking he's full-body-strong.

Dude what with you and the waist and hips. Dwight has a smaller waist because he's so cut, and the v shaped body is what you're supposed to look like if you have that much muscle with a lower body fat %. Dwight is taller, and has more muslce/just bigger overall body. Im not sure how you can think Lebron weighs more

The_LA_Blakers
05-25-2011, 01:47 PM
There's no way Dwight's only 6'9.

Straight from Lebron's mouth he said he was 6'8 and 250. He said that people who say he's 260 or 270 are crazy. He said he doesn't weigh himself much, but he knows he doesn't weigh that much.

Howard is probably 6'10 & 270

Lots of males continue to grow well into their 20's. I just heard during the playoffs that they're saying Durant is now 6'11 with shoes on and approaching 7'.

I don;t know about you guys, but I know I've grown 2 inches during my 20's.

BarberSchool
05-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Dude what with you and the waist and hips. Dwight has a smaller waist because he's so cut, and the v shaped body is what you're supposed to look like if you have that much muscle with a lower body fat %. Dwight is taller, and has more muslce/just bigger overall body. Im not sure how you can think Lebron weighs moreDid you ever play football ? Or maybe wrestle or fight MMA ? Narrow waist/hips is a huge leverage disadvantage, and since Dwight plays in the post, it makes him easier to uproot and push out of position. I'm just saying, if Dwight and LeBron wrestled or fought on the ground, or were going against each other on the line of scrimmage in a football game, LeBron would have the physical advantage.

And I'd like to see the circumference of Dwight/LeBron's waist/hips/thighs......money says I'm right or at worst they're equal.

And to all those debating Dwight being 6'9" without shoes on......LOL....he's 6'10.25" with shoes on, 6'9" without.....sorry.

brandowas
05-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Did you ever play football ? Or maybe wrestle or fight MMA ? Narrow waist/hips is a huge leverage disadvantage, and since Dwight plays in the post, it makes him easier to uproot and push out of position. I'm just saying, if Dwight and LeBron wrestled or fought on the ground, or were going against each other on the line of scrimmage in a football game, LeBron would have the physical advantage.

And I'd like to see the circumference of Dwight/LeBron's waist/hips/thighs......money says I'm right or at worst they're equal.

And to all those debating Dwight being 6'9" without shoes on......LOL....he's 6'10.25" with shoes on, 6'9" without.....sorry.

Obviously thigh size is a huge part of strength and weight but you do not need a huge torso to have good core strength. And if Howard is really 6 9 because of shoes well than I guess Lebrons 6 7 with your logic right?

Shaq weighed 300 pounds as a rookie. Yes Shaq was a few inches taller, but Dwight might even have more muscle mass than a rookie Shaq. Id say Howard weights AT LEAST 280 pounds

The_LA_Blakers
05-25-2011, 01:59 PM
Did you ever play football ? Or maybe wrestle or fight MMA ? Narrow waist/hips is a huge leverage disadvantage, and since Dwight plays in the post, it makes him easier to uproot and push out of position. I'm just saying, if Dwight and LeBron wrestled or fought on the ground, or were going against each other on the line of scrimmage in a football game, LeBron would have the physical advantage.

I agree with the waist/football analogy, but you're using his rookie stats.

He has grown since then.

The Macho Man
05-25-2011, 02:03 PM
http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/lebron-vs-dwight-mcdonalds-ad.jpg

In shoes he's 6'10 1/4. In McDonalds ads he's at least 7'3

BarberSchool
05-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Obviously thigh size is a huge part of strength and weight but you do not need a huge torso to have good core strength. And if Howard is really 6 9 because of shoes well than I guess Lebrons 6 7 with your logic right?

Shaq weighed 300 pounds as a rookie. Yes Shaq was a few inches taller, but Dwight might even have more muscle mass than a rookie Shaq. Id say Howard weights AT LEAST 280 poundsBrah, look at everything else besides his shoulders, he's skinny. He has very little muscle mass in his body or legs, or even forearms. The only muscle mas he has is deltoids, a tiny bit of traps, and upper pecs. everything else is skinny. LMAO at "More muscle mass than Shaq" Shaq had more fat covering his, and had WAY MORE muscle on every part of his body than dwight, besides the deltoids.

BarberSchool
05-25-2011, 02:10 PM
http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/lebron-vs-dwight-mcdonalds-ad.jpg

In shoes he's 6'10 1/4. In McDonalds ads he's at least 7'3Haha, right, Bron looks salty for having to stand in the ditch.

Let's be reality:

http://radiojunkee.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/lebron-james-and-dwight-howard1.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/basketball/nba/lebron-james-watch/2010/06/dwight-lebron.jpg

brandowas
05-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Brah, look at everything else besides his shoulders, he's skinny. He has very little muscle mass in his body or legs, or even forearms. The only muscle mas he has is deltoids, a tiny bit of traps, and upper pecs. everything else is skinny. LMAO at "More muscle mass than Shaq" Shaq had more fat covering his, and had WAY MORE muscle on every part of his body than dwight, besides the deltoids.

Actually BRAH, if you had read what I wrote you would see that I said ROOKIE Shaq. Rookie Shaq was reported to have 10% bodyfat, and was much much smaller than he is currently. And he was still 300 pounds. Go look at what O'neil looked like as a rookie and come back to me

BarberSchool
05-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Actually BRAH, if you had read what I wrote you would see that I said ROOKIE Shaq. Rookie Shaq was reported to have 10% bodyfat, and was much much smaller than he is currently. And he was still 300 pounds. Go look at what O'neil looked like as a rookie and come back to meI did. Rookie Shaq still weighed 300 pounds at 10% bodyfat Dwight currently weighs 265 and is probably under 7% bodyfat. Dwight has more muscle mass in his deltoids than Rookie Shaq, but Rookie Shaq had more muscle everywhere else.

Why is it so hard for you to believe LeBron actually might weigh a few more pounds than Dwight ?

BarberSchool
05-25-2011, 02:23 PM
In a thread last night many people were saying that Lebron probably weighs somewhere around 260-270. That got me thinking, Dwight's weight is listed at 265... which obviously isn't the right weight. 265 must be his rookie weight right? :confusedshrug:Dwight was listed at 240 his rookie year.

brandowas
05-25-2011, 02:24 PM
I did. Rookie Shaq still weighed 300 pounds at 10% bodyfat Dwight currently weighs 265 and is probably under 7% bodyfat. Dwight has more muscle mass in his deltoids than Rookie Shaq, but Rookie Shaq had more muscle everywhere else.

Why is it so hard for you to believe LeBron actually might weigh a few more pounds than Dwight ?

Probably the fact that he's 2 inches taller and considerably bigger :confusedshrug:

Euroleague
05-25-2011, 02:25 PM
I believe Howard said he was about 280.

BarberSchool
05-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Probably the fact that he's 2 inches taller and considerably bigger :confusedshrug:only his deltoids are bigger dude. the rest of his frame from the shoulders down is narrower and skinnier than Bron. Dunno why you're still arguing. :lol

Nastradamus
05-25-2011, 02:39 PM

Straight from Lebron's mouth he said he was 6'8 and 250. He said that people who say he's 260 or 270 are crazy. He said he doesn't weigh himself much, but he knows he doesn't weigh that much.

Howard is probably 6'10 & 270

Lots of males continue to grow well into their 20's. I just heard during the playoffs that they're saying Durant is now 6'11 with shoes on and approaching 7'.

I don;t know about you guys, but I know I've grown 2 inches during my 20's.

Dwight measured in at about 6'9 or 10 at the combine.

arifgokcen
05-25-2011, 02:55 PM
First of all size alone is not enough to compare weights.For example most people guess i am around 180-190lbs.In fact,i am 216lbs.I am heavier than i look because of body type.

I have watched them many times.Howard is not that much bigger than james.

Lebron have never said he is 250lbs.He said "lets just say i am plus 250lbs."in an interview with magic johnson.

His teammate from 2008-2009 said he is the heaviest dude on the roster.At the time Z was around 265lbs.

So you can decide Howard's weight looking at lebron vs howard pictures.

Pinkhearts
05-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Dwight is 6'9 at the pre-draft but he definitely has grown since then. I remember Bosh being clearly taller than him before. Nowadays they look almost the same height, just that Bosh has a longer neck.

Floppy
05-25-2011, 03:04 PM
In a thread last night many people were saying that Lebron probably weighs somewhere around 260-270. That got me thinking, Dwight's weight is listed at 265... which obviously isn't the right weight. 265 must be his rookie weight right? :confusedshrug: So anyways, does anybody have any idea or links to what Howard's real weight is at this time?
Malone weighed 270 and he made Shaq look small in this pic.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l73yt71lCc1qcjcu1o1_400.jpg

http://www.fblmanager.com/basketball/bobfinnsfant/images/karl-malone-musculos.jpg

ShaqAttack3234
05-25-2011, 03:14 PM
The 260 figure initially came from Lebron's own claim, and he probably weighs more than that. Lebron was 245 as a rookie, you tell me he isn't at least 15 pounds heavier than he was then. I think I've seen Dwight claim he's 270-275 now.

inclinerator
05-25-2011, 03:57 PM
lebron is 260 or so dwight is 280 end thread

arifgokcen
05-25-2011, 04:01 PM

Lebron is definitely heavier than 265lbs.Thats a fact and i dont think there is 20lbs difference between lebron and dwight

Ikill
05-25-2011, 04:25 PM

Shaq weighed 300 pounds as a rookie. Yes Shaq was a few inches taller, but Dwight might even have more muscle mass than a rookie Shaq. Id say Howard weights AT LEAST 280 pounds
Lebron is 6'7 1/4 with out shoes and 6'8 to 6'8.5 in shoes

Ikill
05-25-2011, 04:26 PM
I would say 280

Ikill
05-25-2011, 04:27 PM
more like 270 to 280

ChandlerParsons
05-25-2011, 04:28 PM

http://www.fblmanager.com/basketball/bobfinnsfant/images/karl-malone-musculos.jpg
Gadam!
Malone
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

brandowas
05-25-2011, 04:30 PM
only his deltoids are bigger dude. the rest of his frame from the shoulders down is narrower and skinnier than Bron. Dunno why you're still arguing. :lol

I'm arguing because you're delusional. It's absurd to say that only Dwight's shoulders are bigger than brons. Dwight is much wider and just has a bigger frame in general. It's hard to tell lower body for either because of long baggy shorts, but Dwight's shoulders, chest, arms, and back are all bigger than Brons. Add on the fact that he's 2 inches taller I don't know why you're arguing with this.

Clippersfan86
05-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Lol.. you guys think Lebron weighs as much as Karl Malone who was WAY bulkier? Lebron is around 260... and Dwight is around 280-285. Not only have I heard both say it in the last year in interviews but it's common sense because Dwight is bigger than Lebron and Malone is noticeably bigger than Lebron.

arifgokcen
05-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Lol.. you guys think Lebron weighs as much as Karl Malone who was WAY bulkier? Lebron is around 260... and Dwight is around 280-285. Not only have I heard both say it in the last year in interviews but it's common sense because Dwight is bigger than Lebron and Malone is noticeably bigger than Lebron.

He is for sure more than 265lbs.Why would you even argue against that.His own teammate said he is the heaviest dude.This is +265lbs.In another interview 273lbs exact weight.BTW howard doesnt look that much bigger than lebron just look at the picture.I dont know what picture you are looking at but in his prime lebron and malone almost have the samebody type.Malone started to get bulkier as he aged.We are seeing the same pattern with lebron.He looked bigger every year.He looks even bigger this year.He came the league at 240-245lbs.

Look at the difference easily 30lbs heavier.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ba69Ifa3TyE/TDaFeNn00cI/AAAAAAAAASI/LaE855tZh_s/s1600/miami-lebron.jpg

http://shotymeapparel.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/lebron-james-rookie.jpg

Clippersfan86
05-25-2011, 05:22 PM
So you wanna tell me Lebron is as big as Malone was who weighed 270??? Post side by side pictures. As poster above showed.. Malone next to Shaq looked BIGGER than Shaq. Lebron is NOT wider than Shaq.

LA_Showtime
05-25-2011, 05:24 PM
I'd say Dwight's 6'10 with shoes on and weighs around 275. He's not a big guy by any means. He looks like a tank compared to everyone else, but whenever he's up against Shaq he looks like a midget.

arifgokcen
05-25-2011, 05:29 PM
So you wanna tell me Lebron is as big as Malone was who weighed 270??? Post side by side pictures. As poster above showed.. Malone next to Shaq looked BIGGER than Shaq. Lebron is NOT wider than Shaq.

Malone in his prime.This is what i have been trying to tell you all along.Lebron has been getting bigger every year just like karl malone'd been

Just look at this video.I wasnt able to find a good picture.During his early days 20s:
Malone at 25 years old towards the end of the video,you can see how much he looks like bron.Lebron is 26.Compare them you are gonna understand what i mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpEpLUT3Q74&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpEpLUT3Q74&feature=related)

ThaSwagg3r
05-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Dwight Howard is in the 270-280 lbs range and he is probably 6'10 at worst. I think Dwight is 6'11 with shoes.

baccano
05-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Malone in his prime.This is what i have been trying to tell you all along.Lebron has been getting bigger every year just like karl malone'd been

Just look at this video.I wasnt able to find a good picture.During his early days 20s:
Malone at 25 years old towards the end of the video,you can see how much he looks like bron.Lebron is 26.Compare them you are gonna understand what i mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpEpLUT3Q74&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpEpLUT3Q74&feature=related)

The man has a point. In that video, malone doesn't look bigger than lebron. And lebron is getting bulkier by the year.

Also, Dwight is only big in the upper body, because the rest is very thin and he's also very ripped. So, Lebron COULD actually be a little heavier than him.

Either way, they probably have close weights.

Moneyshot
05-25-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm sorry, but the lebron stans are taking this to a new low. :oldlol:

They somehow feel since we don't think their hero is 400 lbs, that it's a slight somehow, and they're all up in arms in this thread defending til they're blue in the face. That's pathetic on SO many levels... almost disturbing actually. Seek help.

G-train
05-25-2011, 06:59 PM
Dwight might have skinny legs.

G-train
05-25-2011, 07:06 PM
I guess Lebron is 6'8 255. Dwight 6'10 270.

brandowas
05-25-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm sorry, but the lebron stans are taking this to a new low. :oldlol:

They somehow feel since we don't think their hero is 400 lbs, that it's a slight somehow, and they're all up in arms in this thread defending til they're blue in the face. That's pathetic on SO many levels... almost disturbing actually. Seek help.

Thank you! And then they try and concince you how we are the ones be ridiculous. It's insane.

ImmortalD24
05-25-2011, 07:29 PM
I bet LeBron's waist, hips, and thighs all have a larger circumference than Dwight's. their ribcages and chests may be about the same, but if anything, dwight's ribcage might be slightly less circumference than Bron. Dwight's ridiculous deltoids reallly fool everyone into thinking he's full-body-strong.Pretty much.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2rgowly.jpg

^ March 2009

http://i52.tinypic.com/2w726wm.jpg

http://losthatsportsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/dwight_howard_sad.jpg

Floppy
05-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Malone at 32 = 256 lbs

http://www.coachmarian.de/Spezials/Workouts/MaloneWorkoutSecrets.htm

ImmortalD24
05-25-2011, 07:53 PM
LeBron's relatively small feet (which is at best size 15, I believe) skews it a bit.. but LeBron definitely ticker legs.

BarberSchool
05-25-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm arguing because you're delusional. It's absurd to say that only Dwight's shoulders are bigger than brons. Dwight is much wider and just has a bigger frame in general. It's hard to tell lower body for either because of long baggy shorts, but Dwight's shoulders, chest, arms, and back are all bigger than Brons. Add on the fact that he's 2 inches taller I don't know why you're arguing with this.It's cool braziole :P
Dwight's shoulders(deltoids) are the only thing wider or thicker than LeBron.

I bet Bron and Dwight's midseason weight are within 8 pounds of each other, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bron was the one weighing more.

Since we can't do side by side x-rays to prove my point about dwight's ribcage, waist, hips, legs being a bit narrower/skinnier than Bron's in both bone structure and muscle mass, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Raph12
12-05-2011, 03:06 AM
I had to make an account just to straighten things out on the Dwight Howard's weight issue. Guys saying Lebron weighs more are way off and guys predicting Dwight to weigh less than his billed 265lbs are delusional...

Dwight came in at 240lbs, played one season at PF and knew that if he wanted to be successful at this level, he'd have to bulk up and play center instead. Fast-forward two seasons and he comes into training camp at 265lbs, a lot bigger but still as flexible and athletic.

Now the NBA doesn't change details like "weight" and "height" regularly, so you guys should know that a player doesn't necessarily weigh what they are billed. In 2009, after the NBA Playoffs of getting bodied up by Bynum and Perkins, Dwight came into training camp even bigger.

http://www.aolnews.com/2009/09/29/dwight-howard-arrives-to-camp-bigger-expects-to-be-better/

Howard has come to training camp with another 10 pounds of muscle on his well-muscled frame, up to 275 pounds.

Since then, most writers connected with the Orlando Magic (ie: Orlando Sentinel), they have always listed him at 275. And if you look at the "Game Notes" on NBA.com prior to games during the season, he is always listed at 275lbs.

I don't know how many of you have watched this, but Dwight participated in a "Sports Science" experiment in the offseason this summer. The objective was to prove he could touch that 12'6" mark he left on the backboard in the 2007 NBA Dunk Contest, so he could claim the highest point touched officially and "Sports Science" could tell us how he did it. During this experiment, they had to record all of his vitals, including his height, standing reach and weight to calculate how much force and power is genrated during his leap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Wiq-POmFA&feature=player_detailpage#t=137s
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/923942-watch-dwight-howard-break-shaqs-vertical-reach-record-for-sports-science

Incredibly, Howard's vertical leap is measured at at astounding 39.5", and that's quite a feat for someone who weighs a whopping 280 lbs.

It's evident that his constant work in the weightroom has continued to add muscle mass to that huge frame.

He's 6'11" (look at how tall he is next to Lebron: http://i43.tinypic.com/2elqgzk.jpg - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmrTDZy3f2M) 280lbs and like I said before, anyone thinking Lebron is his size are delusional.

kumquat
12-05-2011, 03:34 AM
http://losthatsportsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/dwight_howard_sad.jpg

Dwight has chicken legs - when he's wearing those wife beaters, he looks skinny. Wouldn't surprise me if Lebron weighed more.

gyu
12-05-2011, 04:02 AM
Most lean, athletic guys have 'chicken legs'. I don't know if any of you have actually seen REAL athletes in person, but that's the way they are. Look at Yao Ming he has tree trunks for legs but can barely get off the ground.

rodman91
12-05-2011, 04:18 AM
Karl Malone

6'9

262 pounds

2.6% body fat

at 39 years old

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1102/muscles/images/karl-malone.jpg

Vienceslav
12-05-2011, 04:28 AM
Karl Malone

6'9

262 pounds

2.6% body fat

at 39 years old

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1102/muscles/images/karl-malone.jpg
Impressive , but 2.6% body fat seems far fetched to say the least.

rodman91
12-05-2011, 04:54 AM
Impressive , but 2.6% body fat seems far fetched to say the least.

I agree...But then Amare said he has 2% :lol

Cali Syndicate
12-05-2011, 05:11 AM
I agree...But then Amare said he has 2% :lol

I heard somewhere Amare had a 28 or 29 inch waistline. I think that was what David Robinson had too. Not that waistline and body fat has has relation but kinda interesting how fit these guys are.

Also I believe the body needs like 5% body fat to function. I might be wrong tho.

pauk
12-05-2011, 06:07 AM

Dwight without shoes: 6'9"
Dwight with shoes: 6'10.25"
Weight: 240 lbs

here you go: http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/

Rowe
12-05-2011, 06:13 AM
Dwight without shoes: 6'9" - 240 lbs
Dwight with shoes: 6'10.25"

here you go: http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/

Interesting.

I find it funny hes listed everywhere as being 6'11.

The 1' is irrelevant, but it wouldn't be accurate.

fefe
12-05-2011, 06:26 AM
Interesting.

He was 18 years old (straight out of HS), when he he was measured 6'9" barefoot.
His 6'11" listing should be right in shoes currently.

the 280 weight looks correct too.

Barberschool's argument that Dwight's torso is not very wide, thats why he can be pushed very easily under the basket is interesting, because I haven't seen Dwight being pushed around very often...

abuC
12-05-2011, 06:30 AM
Interesting.

He grew an inch after his rookie year, this is a guy who went from 6"3 to 6"9 in less than a year.

Here he is with Ewing who is 7"0:

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Patrick+Ewing+Orlando+Magic+v+Cleveland+Cavaliers+ fR0Ywtk02rgl.jpg

And just about the same height as Bosh, who is 6"11 with shoes:
http://www.onemanfastbreak.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/usa_basketball_team.jpg

He's legitimately 6"11 with shoes.

Vienceslav
12-05-2011, 06:39 AM
He probably grew after the draft measurement , i thought it was impossible to grow after you hit 18 , but i have proven myself wrong over the past year , so if i can grow Dwight certainly can , he is the Superman after all.

kumquat
12-05-2011, 08:37 AM
http://www.onemanfastbreak.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/usa_basketball_team.jpg

Dwights shoulders look about an inch higher than bosh's....then bosh gains a couple of inches over Dwight with his neck.

madmax
12-05-2011, 09:11 AM
He grew an inch after his rookie year, this is a guy who went from 6"3 to 6"9 in less than a year.

Here he is with Ewing who is 7"0:

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Patrick+Ewing+Orlando+Magic+v+Cleveland+Cavaliers+ fR0Ywtk02rgl.jpg

nonsense...First of all, Ewing is not a legit 7'0 ( I think it was already discussed here before that he was 6'11) and Dwigt is 6'10 at best from the looks of things. Bosh also has at least an inch on him judging from that team picture, long neck or not:lol

Mach_3
12-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Karl Malone

6'9

262 pounds

2.6% body fat

at 39 years old

LMAO, there are professional bodybuilders who during contest time don't have 2.6% bodyfat. Malone's ripped but he ain't that ripped.

Judging how they both looked when they came in and how they look now Lebron is probably somewhere around 265-270, Dwight most likely somewhere around 280

abuC
12-05-2011, 03:08 PM
nonsense...First of all, Ewing is not a legit 7'0 ( I think it was already discussed here before that he was 6'11) and Dwigt is 6'10 at best from the looks of things. Bosh also has at least an inch on him judging from that team picture, long neck or not:lol

Let me get this straight, the picture of Team USA they are clearly standing according to height from shortest to tallest, yet Bosh is taller even though he's behind Dwight? So when they got to Bosh and Dwight they were like "Forget what we're doing, make sure it seems like Dwight is taller"....

Orlando Magic
12-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Let me get this straight, the picture of Team USA they are clearly standing according to height from shortest to tallest, yet Bosh is taller even though he's behind Dwight? So when they got to Bosh and Dwight they were like "Forget what we're doing, make sure it seems like Dwight is taller"....

Bosh's hair makes him look taller, but he's not.

Also... Wade is taller than Kidd, but standing behind him. LeBron is taller than boozer, and slightly ducking to make it appear the other way. Yes, their goal was reverse cellphone bars, but they failed in the instance of Wade/Kidd and tried to be disingenuous with LeBron/Boozer.

Raph12
12-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Bosh's hair makes him look taller, but he's not.

Also... Wade is taller than Kidd, but standing behind him. LeBron is taller than boozer, and slightly ducking to make it appear the other way. Yes, their goal was reverse cellphone bars, but they failed in the instance of Wade/Kidd and tried to be disingenuous with LeBron/Boozer.

Wade is 6'4", Kidd is 6'5"; Lebron is 6'8", Boozer is just shy (barely) of 6'9... You're wrong.

I don't know why we're talking about height, the question was about Dwight's weight and Dwight weighs 280lbs. The only guy in the league that can even move him near the basket that's left, is Bynum, who is 7'0" 290lbs and has tree trunk legs that can't be moved lol.

Btw I'd love to see Malone even come near 12', let alone dunk it.

SacJB Shady
12-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Lebron and Dwight howard probably way around the same. I think right now Dwight is slightly more ripped, giving him the illusion he ways more. Lebron is more compact than Howard, but howard is a few inches taller. So they equal out at around the same due to the height difference.

rodman91
12-05-2011, 05:40 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6EfFr4BLORQ/Sbu5t3Es4wI/AAAAAAAAGMc/4e12CZYk8ZI/s400/Sofoklis_Schortsanitis.jpg
:eek:

SevereUpInHere
12-06-2011, 02:13 AM
And I'd like to see the circumference of Dwight/LeBron's waist/hips/thighs.....

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx11/juicycoins/m7b049.gif

ballsohard247
12-06-2011, 02:15 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6EfFr4BLORQ/Sbu5t3Es4wI/AAAAAAAAGMc/4e12CZYk8ZI/s400/Sofoklis_Schortsanitis.jpg
:eek:
Looks like a fat Greg Oden.

Raph12
12-06-2011, 02:22 AM
Lebron and Dwight howard probably way around the same. I think right now Dwight is slightly more ripped, giving him the illusion he ways more. Lebron is more compact than Howard, but howard is a few inches taller. So they equal out at around the same due to the height difference.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/LeBron+James+Dwight+Howard+2011+NBA+Star+Game+Lj80 2zdEt4wl.jpg
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/LeBron+James+Dwight+Howard+Miami+Heat+v+Orlando+Qc s_X3yWOqUl.jpg

On which planet does Lebron look like he's bigger than Dwight to you?

Dwight legitimately weighs 280lbs, Lebron is closer to about 260-265lbs (estimate, doubt anything higher though).

TheCorporation
12-06-2011, 04:30 AM
Dwights shoulders look about an inch higher than bosh's....then bosh gains a couple of inches over Dwight with his neck.

:lol :lol :lol

TheCorporation
12-06-2011, 04:31 AM
LMAO, there are professional bodybuilders who during contest time don't have 2.6% bodyfat. Malone's ripped but he ain't that ripped.

Judging how they both looked when they came in and how they look now Lebron is probably somewhere around 265-270, Dwight most likely somewhere around 280

+1

Some idiots are so uninformed.

rodman91
12-06-2011, 06:39 AM
+1

Some idiots are so uninformed.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2002-10-28-vets-workouts_x.htm

Misinformed maybe, not uninformed.

Pointguard
12-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Live, front row, I would say Lebron. Mainly because his legs and thighs are big as Barberschool was saying. Lebron definitely impresses you as having more mass. But DH seems noticably taller. DH's shoulders look bigger because his stomach goes in much more. I would have them both at 265 - note I didn't see DH last year.

BarberSchool
12-06-2011, 12:58 PM
http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx11/juicycoins/m7b049.gifBwaaaajahajaaahhghaaaaa

:cheers:

Jolokia
12-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Lebron weights about 2 hot models standing 5'9/10 and Dwight's the same except one is pregnant.

Why argue?

D-Wade316
12-06-2011, 01:45 PM
:lol :lol :lol

Fatal9
12-06-2011, 01:47 PM
2.6% body fat
:roll:

Orlando Magic
12-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Wade is 6'4", Kidd is 6'5"; Lebron is 6'8", Boozer is just shy (barely) of 6'9... You're wrong.

I don't know why we're talking about height, the question was about Dwight's weight and Dwight weighs 280lbs. The only guy in the league that can even move him near the basket that's left, is Bynum, who is 7'0" 290lbs and has tree trunk legs that can't be moved lol.

Btw I'd love to see Malone even come near 12', let alone dunk it.

Look at the picture you ****ing asshole. Wade is clearly taller. I don't give a shit what they list their heights at. And you're wrong. Jason Maxiell gives Dwight Howard fits and Perkins does SOMETIMES. You don't know what you're talking about.

Raph12
12-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Look at the picture you ****ing asshole. Wade is clearly taller. I don't give a shit what they list their heights at. And you're wrong. Jason Maxiell gives Dwight Howard fits and Perkins does SOMETIMES. You don't know what you're talking about.

Keep your panties dry, no need to get all excited just because you're wrong. I watched Kidd play Wade all Finals, one picture doesn't prove shit, I can show you others where Kidd looks taller as well. Maxiell and Perkins both have a low center of gravity, both also have thick legs so it's hard to push them around. Dwight has thin legs, his mass is more spread out throughout his body, not mostly in his legs and hips.

Damn dude, no need to sound like a bitch just because you were wrong... YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

Draz
12-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Dwights shoulders weigh more then his entire body.

airchibundo507
12-09-2011, 07:35 PM
I had to make an account just to straighten things out on the Dwight Howard's weight issue. Guys saying Lebron weighs more are way off and guys predicting Dwight to weigh less than his billed 265lbs are delusional...

Dwight came in at 240lbs, played one season at PF and knew that if he wanted to be successful at this level, he'd have to bulk up and play center instead. Fast-forward two seasons and he comes into training camp at 265lbs, a lot bigger but still as flexible and athletic.

Now the NBA doesn't change details like "weight" and "height" regularly, so you guys should know that a player doesn't necessarily weigh what they are billed. In 2009, after the NBA Playoffs of getting bodied up by Bynum and Perkins, Dwight came into training camp even bigger.

http://www.aolnews.com/2009/09/29/dwight-howard-arrives-to-camp-bigger-expects-to-be-better/

Since then, most writers connected with the Orlando Magic (ie: Orlando Sentinel), they have always listed him at 275. And if you look at the "Game Notes" on NBA.com prior to games during the season, he is always listed at 275lbs.

I don't know how many of you have watched this, but Dwight participated in a "Sports Science" experiment in the offseason this summer. The objective was to prove he could touch that 12'6" mark he left on the backboard in the 2007 NBA Dunk Contest, so he could claim the highest point touched officially and "Sports Science" could tell us how he did it. During this experiment, they had to record all of his vitals, including his height, standing reach and weight to calculate how much force and power is genrated during his leap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Wiq-POmFA&feature=player_detailpage#t=137s
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/923942-watch-dwight-howard-break-shaqs-vertical-reach-record-for-sports-science

It's evident that his constant work in the weightroom has continued to add muscle mass to that huge frame.

He's 6'11" (look at how tall he is next to Lebron: http://i43.tinypic.com/2elqgzk.jpg - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmrTDZy3f2M) 280lbs and like I said before, anyone thinking Lebron is his size are delusional.

why did everyone skip this post?

Hoopz2332
09-21-2014, 01:03 PM

In a podcast from a few months ago (2014) I heard Windhorst say that lebron was close to 270-280 pounds:eek:

ArbitraryWater
09-21-2014, 01:09 PM

Actually Shaq is making him look small