PDA

View Full Version : sonic fans celebrate: i am the gadfly

RainierBeachPoet
05-26-2011, 10:58 AM
last night's elimination of the okc thunder made those of us in seattle VERY happy (those of us who still watch the nba). i refer to this club as the okc inbreeders. let me be very clear: this is no knock against the fans-- i despise the owner and his organization; THEY are the "inbreeders"

until we get a team back, it will be my mission to cheer against, mock, jibe, deride, jeer, taunt these inbreeders and continue to keep the sonic memory alive

if you have any memories of the sonics AND like hip hop check out the blue scholars in this mini-movie vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJf-3o1nCow&feature=feedu

if features a seattle sonic legend-- slick watts. for you trivia buffs, slick led the nba in steals and assists in 1975-1976. the vid has a great little anecdote when bill russell coached slick in the mid 70s...

enjoy fellow ishonians!!

RainierBeachPoet
05-26-2011, 01:57 PM
am i the only one who remembers slick watts?

:sleeping

DeronMillsap
05-26-2011, 09:18 PM
I was happy to see the Thunder get tossed as well. F*ck OKC!!!

Tearirrefly
04-14-2012, 09:58 AM
GUANGZHOU ROOQU IMPORT @ EXPORT TRADING CO., LIMITED [ Manufacturer, Trading Company] has been serving the worldwide market since 2010.
High-quality and competitive price are the advantages of our rams, therefore, we have achieved good share of market in the business circle in and out of China. We manufacture products in Guangzhou, we are have products line on computer memory modules, memory cards; memory ram, DDR & DDR2 & DDR3 for Desktop & laptops.
Most products have attained CE and FCC certification. We have a young and energetic professional work team to offer you excellent services.
Our culture is based on a long-lasting commitment to customer satisfaction. We are determined to produce the most advanced products with absolutely the lowest rate of return for every customer to receive the quality, performance and dependability they deserve.

Address:#422.Huangshixi Road.Baiyun.Guangzhou.510000.China
Contact Person: Ms.Sophia Zheng
Tel: 0086-20-87589060
Fax: 0086-20-87589060

Email: sales@rooqu.com & info@rooqu.com

JellyBean
04-15-2012, 07:59 PM
That was pretty nice. Thanks. Any word on the what that wealthy hedge fund dude is trying to do? With the Kings and Hornets finding deals, it appears that our beloved Sonics are still in the back room talking stages.

04-16-2012, 11:32 AM
That was pretty nice. Thanks. Any word on the what that wealthy hedge fund dude is trying to do? With the Kings and Hornets finding deals, it appears that our beloved Sonics are still in the back room talking stages.

no word that I heard but if you check out the local news website, you can be in the "in" of the news.

King 5 (NBC afill)

Komo 4 (ABC affil)

are good sites to check.

EDIT: I found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXAekzDiC98&feature=relmfu

04-16-2012, 11:56 AM
last night's elimination of the okc thunder made those of us in seattle VERY happy (those of us who still watch the nba). i refer to this club as the okc inbreeders. let me be very clear: this is no knock against the fans-- i despise the owner and his organization; THEY are the "inbreeders"

until we get a team back, it will be my mission to cheer against, mock, jibe, deride, jeer, taunt these inbreeders and continue to keep the sonic memory alive

if you have any memories of the sonics AND like hip hop check out the blue scholars in this mini-movie vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJf-3o1nCow&feature=feedu

if features a seattle sonic legend-- slick watts. for you trivia buffs, slick led the nba in steals and assists in 1975-1976. the vid has a great little anecdote when bill russell coached slick in the mid 70s...

enjoy fellow ishonians!!

Thanks for the link to the vid.

I too enjoy watching the Blunder lose. Just the look on their face of the owners is priceless and gratifying.

04-16-2012, 12:27 PM
am i the only one who remembers slick watts?

:sleeping

Bro...I still remember Slick and I met his son Donald when I went to the bob bender camp in the 90s.

Killbot
04-16-2012, 02:51 PM
I will be rooting against the Blunder again this playoffs.

There needs to be a do not rep Thunder avy (not going to sport it, though)

Killbot
04-16-2012, 02:53 PM
GUANGZHOU ROOQU IMPORT @ EXPORT TRADING CO., LIMITED [ Manufacturer, Trading Company] has been serving the worldwide market since 2010.
High-quality and competitive price are the advantages of our rams, therefore, we have achieved good share of market in the business circle in and out of China. We manufacture products in Guangzhou, we are have products line on computer memory modules, memory cards; memory ram, DDR & DDR2 & DDR3 for Desktop & laptops.
Most products have attained CE and FCC certification. We have a young and energetic professional work team to offer you excellent services.
Our culture is based on a long-lasting commitment to customer satisfaction. We are determined to produce the most advanced products with absolutely the lowest rate of return for every customer to receive the quality, performance and dependability they deserve.

Address:#422.Huangshixi Road.Baiyun.Guangzhou.510000.China
Contact Person: Ms.Sophia Zheng
Tel: 0086-20-87589060
Fax: 0086-20-87589060

Email: sales@rooqu.com & info@rooqu.com

This should be free as a celebration to us fans.

Killbot
04-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Bro...I still remember Slick and I met his son Donald when I went to the bob bender camp in the 90s.

Too bad RBP has been MIA for a while. :(

Killbot
05-13-2012, 02:03 AM
Bump.

Hope Lakers kill the Blunder and then hope the Spurs/Grizzlies/Clippers kill the Lakers.

JellyBean
05-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Good to see that Sonic fans still rep the colors at some of those OKC playoff games. The cameras always cut away quickly. But I see them. Big ups to those Sonics fans still repping the green, gold, and white. :applause:

Killbot
06-07-2012, 01:37 AM
I died a little in the inside. :cry:

06-07-2012, 04:02 AM
I hate seeing those OKC fans happy :mad:

My only hope is to see Boston win it all!

Killbot
06-09-2012, 04:03 PM
I hate seeing those OKC fans happy :mad:

My only hope is to see Boston win it all!

If Heat passes, then I have to root for them, even though I hate them. Lesser of two evils. :banghead:

06-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Depending on how you look at it. It's a lose-lose or win-win situation right now.

The Heat are now in the Finals to face the Blunder!

Killbot
06-13-2012, 12:56 AM
Depending on how you look at it. It's a lose-lose or win-win situation right now.

The Heat are now in the Finals to face the Blunder!

Any team that can beat the Blunders in a playoff series will always be a win situation. The problem is Heat inconsistency.

Killbot
06-13-2012, 01:01 AM
Going to double post because this forum is basically dead anyways.

I never realized this until someone brought it up, but notice how Stern gave the Hornets the chance to stay in New Orleans. The NBA decided to hold onto the team as temporary ownership until they find a willing owner who wants to KEEP the team there. Where's the same love for keeping the Sonics here in Seattle, Stern?

We got gypped by Stern. Another good reason to hate him. I'll be celebrating when that POS retires.

06-13-2012, 08:17 AM
Going to double post because this forum is basically dead anyways.

I never realized this until someone brought it up, but notice how Stern gave the Hornets the chance to stay in New Orleans. The NBA decided to hold onto the team as temporary ownership until they find a willing owner who wants to KEEP the team there. Where's the same love for keeping the Sonics here in Seattle, Stern?

We got gypped by Stern. Another good reason to hate him. I'll be celebrating when that POS retires.

And it's the team with less history than Seattle that gets this special treatment? I agree fack Stern...

I hear a guy named Adam Silver will take over for him but I have a feeling he will be upholding Stern's iron fist policies as the new commish. :mad:

Killbot
06-13-2012, 02:09 PM
And it's the team with less history than Seattle that gets this special treatment? I agree fack Stern...

I hear a guy named Adam Silver will take over for him but I have a feeling he will be upholding Stern's iron fist policies as the new commish. :mad:

I know right? That doesn't make sense. Stern and Bennett are butt buddies. Stern then have the audacity to stab Sonics in the back again by having Bennett as the man in charge of the relocation committee. This guy's brain is decaying by the second.

You're right. I'm sure Adam Silver will follow Stern's policies. He looks like an evil dictator as well. It's still better than seeing Stern's face though.

Killbot
06-30-2012, 01:00 AM
PARTY!!!

Blunders blundered.

:hammertime: :party: :party:
:hammertime:
:hammertime: :party:

07-02-2012, 04:13 AM
LMAO!

But...today (July 2) is the 4 year anniversary of the you know what...

Killbot
07-03-2012, 04:20 AM
LMAO!

But...today (July 2) is the 4 year anniversary of the you know what...

Don't ruin the fun. :(

Makes me kind of sad. My birthday is actually today. (July 3). It happened just before my birthday.... :cry:

07-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Don't ruin the fun. :(

Makes me kind of sad. My birthday is actually today. (July 3). It happened just before my birthday.... :cry:

sorry :(

but we will eventually get a team back.

and Happy bday bro...

Killbot
07-05-2012, 04:35 AM
sorry :(

but we will eventually get a team back.

and Happy bday bro...

I hope so!

Thanks. :D :cheers:

76ers
07-19-2012, 01:46 AM
Might be a 76ers fan now, but I was the biggest Sonics fan in the day.

Killbot
07-23-2012, 02:03 AM
Might be a 76ers fan now, but I was the biggest Sonics fan in the day.

:cheers: Welcome.

Killbot
07-30-2012, 09:28 PM
I decided to watch some news and heard more about the Arena deal:

Here's some local news update (assuming I heard ALL of this correctly)

King County Council members have agreed to Chris Hansen's deal (6-3). The 3 members that voted against claim that there needs more of a balance in public and private investments. If I heard things correctly, the new team that happens to relocate here can still be renamed the Seattle Supersonics.

Now there needs to be an agreement with Seattle Council Members in order for this arena deal to be considered (that's in August). So far, Chris Hansen received a letter that the Council currently disagrees with the deal. Stating also there needs to be a balance between public and private. I think they're also asking Chris Hansen to shell out more money.

But supposedly, it's a big step.