PDA

View Full Version : repost: Rosey Picture: Why Derrick Rose For MVP Is Hype

indiefan23
05-27-2011, 05:47 AM
You guys told me to come back after Rose won his MVP award so here I am.

But I'll change the title of my article:

Rosey Picture: Why The Bulls Are Not In The NBA Finals.

It kinda works both ways. Enjoy.

http://www.fullcourtpest.com/2011/02/rosey-picture-derick-rose-for-mvp-is.html

indiefan23
05-28-2011, 12:05 AM

It kinda works both ways. Enjoy.

Point Guard? Dee-Rose? Guy who said Tyson Chandler was the best defensive center in the league? Where are all of you?

magnax1
05-28-2011, 12:28 AM
Just got to say that, yeah Rose played bad, but they wouldn't have gotten to the conference finals with any other point guard except Deron and maybe CP3. In other words, he didn't really play bad, he just didn't play well enough.
Hopefully no one tries to tell me he's a top 5 player or best point guard in the league again though.

indiefan23
05-28-2011, 12:37 AM
Just got to say that, yeah Rose played bad, but they wouldn't have gotten to the conference finals with any other point guard except Deron and maybe CP3. In other words, he didn't really play bad, he just didn't play well enough.
Hopefully no one tries to tell me he's a top 5 player or best point guard in the league again though.

I think they cruise with Nash. I think they prolly do better with Westbrook too. They dominate with Rondo.

And maybe some of the blame lies with COY Thibs? I 'really' hope he is not the rich man's SVG/Mike Brown.

juju151111
05-28-2011, 12:46 AM
Still the best PG in the league. People have bad playoffs at young ages. It happens, when Dirk played bad or LJ in delectable years they learn from it and come back stronger years later. This is why I told fellow bulls fans I was just happy to make it to the ECF. Rose and the bulls are clearly not ready. We need someone else who can actually dribble. Rose needs to improve his shot selection. Heat were double,triple,traps etc... He will get use to it. Great thing is he only 22 and a hard worker. I still don't think any PG are better then him.

juju151111
05-28-2011, 12:49 AM
I think they cruise with Nash. I think they prolly do better with Westbrook too. They dominate with Rondo.

And maybe some of the blame lies with COY Thibs? I 'really' hope he is not the rich man's SVG/Mike Brown.
They wouldn't do shit with old ass Nash. Lmao at Rondo. Look at the defense they played on Rose compared to Rondo. They doubled on p/rxtraps etc.... Rose was the only one who can create on this team.

Rysio
05-28-2011, 12:51 AM
Still the best PG in the league. People have bad playoffs at young ages. It happens, when Dirk played bad or LJ in delectable years they learn from it and come back stronger years later. This is why I told fellow bulls fans I was just happy to make it to the ECF. Rose and the bulls are clearly not ready. We need someone else who can actually dribble. Rose needs to improve his shot selection. Heat were double,triple,traps etc... He will get use to it. Great thing is he only 22 and a hard worker. I still don't think any PG are better then him.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

juju151111
05-28-2011, 12:54 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:
:facepalm Who better?

magnax1
05-28-2011, 12:58 AM

Not Nash anymore, he's not what he used to be, and Not Westbrook. Rondo would be somewhat close if he was playing as well as alst year.
Well I think that part of it is Thibs doesn't use Boozer well, though part of that is because Boozer was a perfect fit for Sloan, who was one of the best offensive coaches in the league, and Rose just isn't the player Deron is and can't get him the same shots.

Pointguard
05-28-2011, 02:47 AM

Haha, Did you spend two months underneath your bed. Please provide a link to the original thread. :lol Was there ever an article that was so destined to fail. Filled with your pyschological crisis of delusions granduer and hater madness motus operandi. You even said you knew how the journalist voted and their traditional traits. And what, not one other player got more than 4 first place votes. Were you going to wait around for Rose's next bad moment if it took 12 years? :lol You a funny dude. No offense but it was a landslide, not even remotely close. How did I predict that in late Jan. when SA, Dallas, Miami, Boston and LA all had better records and Orlando was only a game and a half back?

Wow, part two isn't at all related to part one. But to you, in your crazy mind it was a logical leap. Rose won the MVP and he earned it.

indiefan23
05-29-2011, 04:04 AM
They wouldn't do shit with old ass Nash. Lmao at Rondo. Look at the defense they played on Rose compared to Rondo. They doubled on p/rxtraps etc.... Rose was the only one who can create on this team.

Yea, old ass Nash just led the league in dimes son with far inferior offensive players. They cruise with him. Best 1 in the league. Are you effing serious. ;0

Kobe24Clutch
05-29-2011, 04:08 AM
:wtf: :lol

DMAVS41
05-29-2011, 03:22 PM
I can't believe people still can't grasp that the MVP is a regular season award and is not at all meant to determine who the best player in the league.

I argued for Rose for MVP all year because I thought he deserved...although Dirk was very close imo.

But I also said all year that Rose is over-rated and definitely not why the Bulls were winning.

What the OP still can't grasp is that MVP does not mean what he thinks it does.

Just make a "Rose is over-rated as shit thread".....and I'll agree with it.

But please stop the Rose did not deserve MVP shit. Yes he did. Deal with it.

asdf1990
05-29-2011, 03:33 PM

more like an undersized SG.

Rnbizzle
05-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Are you gonna keep bumping this topic for weeks as well?

indiefan23
05-29-2011, 11:45 PM
Haha, Did you spend two months underneath your bed. Please provide a link to the original thread. :lol

Sure: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:11zagxKy7DQJ:207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php%3Ft%3D210100+rosey+picture:+why+der rick+rose+for+mvp+is+hype&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com.tw

if I had gotten owned as hard as you did in this thread, I'd do everything I could to get it deleted too.

Were you going to wait around for Rose's next bad moment if it took 12 years?

But it didn't take 12 years. It didn't even take 12 weeks. That's cuz I was right, and you were wrong. Rose got exposed by a 37 win Pacers team and then eviscerated by Lebron James in the conference finals the first time they had to play a legit contender.

Worst MVP vote in league history. Not even close.

indiefan23
05-29-2011, 11:47 PM

Bumping? How is replying to posts people write to me 'bumping' Rnbizzle? Seriously, that's weak.

indiefan23
05-29-2011, 11:50 PM
Not Nash anymore, he's not what he used to be, and Not Westbrook. Rondo would be somewhat close if he was playing as well as alst year.
Well I think that part of it is Thibs doesn't use Boozer well, though part of that is because Boozer was a perfect fit for Sloan, who was one of the best offensive coaches in the league, and Rose just isn't the player Deron is and can't get him the same shots.

Uh, Nash just posted the highest back to back months in dimes of his entire career, led the league in dimes, and posted the 6'th highest assist percentage of all time and career high playing with guys like Channing Frye and Hakim Warrick. He wasn't the same when he got injured and played through it trying to carry his team to the playoffs, but Nash is still an uber-elite point in this league.

HorryIsMyMVP
05-29-2011, 11:52 PM
Uh, Nash just posted the highest back to back months in dimes of his entire career, led the league in dimes, and posted the 6'th highest assist percentage of all time and career high playing with guys like Channing Frye and Hakim Warrick. He wasn't the same when he got injured and played through it trying to carry his team to the playoffs, but Nash is still an uber-elite point in this league.
He will be back next year :cheers: . He has too much pride to go ring chasing though.

Pointguard
05-30-2011, 02:32 AM
Sure: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:11zagxKy7DQJ:207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php%3Ft%3D210100+rosey+picture:+why+der rick+rose+for+mvp+is+hype&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com.tw

if I had gotten owned as hard as you did in this thread, I'd do everything I could to get it deleted too.

You totally got demolished in your own thread. :lol What do you think you were right about? In addition to the obvious, Rose won by one of the bigger margins in history, but I had Dallas pegged way back in Feb as one of the best benches, experienced teams, sharp shooters and the best defensive team out west of the contenders. I also pointed out that Rose doesn't have dependable shooters in "post 142." Then I was telling you that Boozer wasn't fitting in (had trouble with plays and wasn't a great fit for the defensive side). I also said Noah wasn't playing as himself. Pippen called them both out as hiding in the playoffs. I said Korver can't shoot well if you are close to him and he shot horrible from Feb til the end of the post season - save only a couple of games. I talked of Rose guarding Wade way back then as well.

But it didn't take 12 years. It didn't even take 12 weeks. That's cuz I was right, and you were wrong. .
Ohhhh so you think Rose didn't win the MVP? And it would follow then that you think he didn't win by a humongous margin either? And I'm sure your guys got more than 5 first ballot votes too? You tryin to change the game up now but history dogged you out. Even the crazy pressumption that you made you had Chicago as second in the East because of the addition of Boozer would make them have a better record than Miami - while even knowing that Booze would be out a month on top of that.

Rose got exposed by a 37 win Pacers team and then eviscerated by Lebron James in the conference finals the first time they had to play a legit contender.

Didn't Atlanta demolish your MVP's team??? So they weren't legit? Miami may very well win it all and has a great chance being one of the greatest dysnasties ever. Yet D Rose is supposed to handle a super team without offensive help? A superteam with the best defense the league has seen in years?

rosonviyavong
05-30-2011, 03:03 AM
I don't get all the complaining on him being MVP. Deal wit it. It's always been this way where the best player on the best team wins the MVP especially this year where bulls ended up with a better record than both the big threes, spurs, and champion Lakers. THAT IS KINDA IMPRESSIVE don't you think?

indiefan23
05-30-2011, 03:57 AM
Haha, Did you spend two months underneath your bed. Please provide a link to the original thread. :lol

Were you going to wait around for Rose's next bad moment if it took 12 years?

But it didn't take 12 years. It didn't even take 12 weeks. That's cuz I was right, and you were wrong. Rose got exposed by a 37 win Pacers team and then eviscerated by Lebron James in the conference finals the first time they had to play a legit contender.

Worst MVP vote in league history. Not even close.

Real Men Wear Green
05-30-2011, 06:09 AM
I don't think he's the best player in the league but he was a solid MVP choice. Regular season award, so his postseason performance has no bearing on it. And in the regular season he was easily the best player on the team with the best record. That's always going to be a justification.

indiefan23
05-30-2011, 07:19 AM
I don't get all the complaining on him being MVP. Deal wit it. It's always been this way where the best player on the best team wins the MVP especially this year where bulls ended up with a better record than both the big threes, spurs, and champion Lakers. THAT IS KINDA IMPRESSIVE don't you think?

I don't understand how discussing a weak MVP choice means I have not dealt with it. It's not affecting my daily life and yea, I'm okay. However, this is a sports discussion forum and one of the biggest run away MVP vote getters in NBA history just choked for almost the entire playoffs and played worse then he did in his rookie playoff series. I think it's an interesting contrast to the hype surrounding him this season.

Perhaps you need to get over it, since you're the one complaining about people discussing a perfectly normal topic given the situation, and presumably you need to get over the fact that Rose's inefficient play that his dick riders continually tried to excuse this season is biggest reason they got beaten in 4 straight games and knocked out on their home floor. Are you over this?

nathanjizzle
05-30-2011, 08:33 AM
Rose 28.5 points and 7 assists against BOSTON, SPURS, LAKERS, DALLAS AND MIAMI in the regular season. Bulls 7-4

Rose = MVP.

stop crying about it.

indiefan23
05-30-2011, 09:19 AM
Rose 28.5 points and 7 assists against BOSTON, SPURS, LAKERS, DALLAS AND MIAMI in the regular season. Bulls 7-4

Rose = MVP.

stop crying about it.

Basically, what you're saying is irrelevant cuz it does not even attempt to compare this with the production of other players. Not even to mention the totally myopic view of exclusing 80% of the NBA season, you think it's enough to say "Rose did well, therefore he deserves MVP." It's not enough because other players did great. Vs those teams and the Bulls Dwight put up 25/14 and shot 61%.

Also, 7 dimes? In 40 minutes? You're bragging up 7 dimes with 3.5 TO's from a PG? ;0 Really?

What's the difference between Dwight's performance and Rose's? It's that Dwight is not carried by his team on one end of the floor to save them from losses. In those losses, the Bulls averaged 95 points and in wins they actually scored less with 92 points. On D however, which Rose is a minimal contributor to, their opponents scored 103.75 in losses, and 86 in their wins. Ie: their offence couldn't carry them to wins, but their D did.

Which tells me how those wins came about. Put Westbrook on that team and they do better and everyone praises him for taking bad shots cuz there isn't another name value guy he's showing up. It's the NBA, plenty of guards can score 25 points on 20 shots. WB is a far superior defensive player too and would help the Bulls crush opponents. Monta Ellis too. Plenty of guards can put up a low efficiency game all season and get credit for it cuz there's enough fans who base what they think on highlights and the opinion of homer announcers. Just the reality of the NBA.

DMAVS41
05-30-2011, 10:33 AM
Basically, what you're saying is irrelevant cuz it does not even attempt to compare this with the production of other players. Not even to mention the totally myopic view of exclusing 80% of the NBA season, you think it's enough to say "Rose did well, therefore he deserves MVP." It's not enough because other players did great. Vs those teams and the Bulls Dwight put up 25/14 and shot 61%.

Also, 7 dimes? In 40 minutes? You're bragging up 7 dimes with 3.5 TO's from a PG? ;0 Really?

What's the difference between Dwight's performance and Rose's? It's that Dwight is not carried by his team on one end of the floor to save them from losses. In those losses, the Bulls averaged 95 points and in wins they actually scored less with 92 points. On D however, which Rose is a minimal contributor to, their opponents scored 103.75 in losses, and 86 in their wins. Ie: their offence couldn't carry them to wins, but their D did.

Which tells me how those wins came about. Put Westbrook on that team and they do better and everyone praises him for taking bad shots cuz there isn't another name value guy he's showing up. It's the NBA, plenty of guards can score 25 points on 20 shots. WB is a far superior defensive player too and would help the Bulls crush opponents. Monta Ellis too. Plenty of guards can put up a low efficiency game all season and get credit for it cuz there's enough fans who base what they think on highlights and the opinion of homer announcers. Just the reality of the NBA.

This speaks to Rose being over-rated. Which I totally agree with. I does not, however, speak to Rose for MVP.

Stop confusing the two. MVP is not meant to determine the best player in the game. We've been over this so many times.

Just create a Rose is over-rated as shit thread please. It actually fits and is worth talking about.

You made and continue to make some great points about the flaws in Rose as a player.

But you are making the conversation about stupid shit by bringing up the MVP.

indiefan23
05-30-2011, 10:36 AM
This speaks to Rose being over-rated. Which I totally agree with. I does not, however, speak to Rose for MVP.

Stop confusing the two. MVP is not meant to determine the best player in the game. We've been over this so many times.

Just create a Rose is over-rated as shit thread please. It actually fits and is worth talking about.

You made and continue to make some great points about the flaws in Rose as a player.

But you are making the conversation about stupid shit by bringing up the MVP.

Umm... I don't get you. I don't think that was ever my point. So if Rose's impact on his team is in fact over rated as you seem to agree with, why do you think he deserved the MVP award? I can tell you this, all season Dirk and Dwight have been totally under rated, and it's reflected in the MVP voting around these 3 players.

DMAVS41
05-30-2011, 10:40 AM
Umm... I don't get you. I don't think that was ever my point. So if Rose's impact on his team is in fact over rated as you seem to agree with, why do you think he deserved the MVP award? I can tell you this, all season Dirk and Dwight have been totally under rated, and it's reflected in the MVP voting around these 3 players.

He did for all the reasons why sometimes the MVP award is flawed. He was a great story. He improved. The Bulls over-achieved etc.

Voters like to give the new guy the award rather than an old guy like Dirk.

Howard didn't have the team success..

We've been over it. I thought Rose deserved MVP based on how the voters have voted for the award for over a decade now.

It wasn't close actually when it came to the results. Why? Because we all knew the criteria they use for the award. Doesn't make it right or fair....just makes it the reality of the situation.

Rose is nowhere near the best player though. And is nowhere near the main reason the Bulls won.

I totally agree with all of your points. You just still can't for some reason grasp that MVP is not what you think it is.

indiefan23
05-30-2011, 03:14 PM
He did for all the reasons why sometimes the MVP award is flawed. He was a great story. He improved. The Bulls over-achieved etc.

Voters like to give the new guy the award rather than an old guy like Dirk.

Howard didn't have the team success..

52 wins is not team success?

We've been over it. I thought Rose deserved MVP based on how the voters have voted for the award for over a decade now.

It wasn't close actually when it came to the results. Why? Because we all knew the criteria they use for the award. Doesn't make it right or fair....just makes it the reality of the situation.

The criteria. ;0 Why is it I can't come to grips with it when it's obvious there is no 'criteria' that you kept mentioning. Team success? AI's team only won 56 games. Nash's team only won 54 games. TD won more games then anyone and came 8'th in voting. Moses Malone won with a 45 win team. MVP voters don't collectively follow any rules and there is strictly zero (that's a 0) criteria. It's a bunch of independent sports writers who do whatever suits them. TD's team won 63 games and he came 8'th in voting.

It's cool you like my argument, but you've got to stop excusing stupidity for stupidity's sake. There's no criteria that's become accepted. Sports writers are often dumb and dumb people do things without thinking. Them being in charge of this award is devaluing the only MVP award that matters in pro sports.

DMAVS41
05-30-2011, 03:16 PM
52 wins is not team success?

The criteria. ;0 Why is it I can't come to grips with it when it's obvious there is no 'criteria' that you kept mentioning. Team success? AI's team only won 56 games. Nash's team only won 54 games. TD won more games then anyone and came 8'th in voting. Moses Malone won with a 45 win team. MVP voters don't collectively follow any rules and there is strictly zero (that's a 0) criteria. It's a bunch of independent sports writers who do whatever suits them. TD's team won 63 games and he came 8'th in voting.

It's cool you like my argument, but you've got to stop excusing stupidity for stupidity's sake. There's no criteria that's become accepted. Sports writers are often dumb and dumb people do things without thinking. Them being in charge of this award is devaluing the only MVP award that matters in pro sports.

Team success is dependent on expectations. A part of the MVP that you clearly haven't been able co comprehend.

You keep saying there is no criteria. Then how did I call that Rose would win it in a land slide?

Its obvious to everyone that there is a criteria for MVP that the writers use.

And based on that criteria, Rose was the most deserving this year.

Rysio
05-30-2011, 03:22 PM
MVP award is garbage. If you put up decent stats and the team carries you with team defense and rebounding you will win by default. It should be MVP of the league not the best player on the best team.

indiefan23
02-05-2015, 10:08 PM

Just gotta come back for this gem... BTW ISH, the whole world basically agrees with me now. Whoops 2011!

Marchesk
02-05-2015, 10:12 PM

More like years. Never seen another forum consistently bump old, forgotten posts like ISH.