PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless to Chris Broussard:

MichaelAngelo
05-30-2011, 06:46 PM
A couple of things.

Ignoring it is Skip is his comment correct?

Secondly this is pretty common unfortunately for journalist to befriend athletes to get in their inner circle do you agree or disagree?

Here is the video from 1st and 10

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6jrbznJTR4

Video: Skip Bayless to Chris Broussard: “You Sold Your Soul To Get Close to Lebron” (http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2011/05/skip-bayless-to-chris-broussard-you-sold-your-soul-to-get-close-to-lebron/)

kentatm
05-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Skip has no right to call people out for selling their souls.

He became infamous (and kicked out of Dallas media) for writing a book that falsely accused Troy Aikman of being gay.

RedBlackAttack
05-30-2011, 06:50 PM

He became infamous (and kicked out of Dallas media) for writing a book that falsely accused Troy Aikman of being gay.
Yep. Absolutely on-point. Bayless is no better, although Broussard has definitely reached 'ignore status' for me.

While Bayless is correct in a way, he has no right to call anyone out for anything. Hell, he is more gimmick than journalist, anyway.

I have no respect for either guy, as a journalism graduate.

sixerfan82
05-30-2011, 06:53 PM
All I hear is is a baby crying because someone else is gettin the goods.

kaiiu
05-30-2011, 06:54 PM
Skip Bayless speaks some real shit. I fvcks wit him.

Bigsmoke
05-30-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm starting to hate this Skip Bayless guy. :mad:

and kentatm always post something i never knew about. :cheers:

DMAVS41
05-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Thats is an awful thing to say to a journalist. Especially when its not true.

I like Broussard a lot. He just presents his views and he stays consistent.

The hate that Skip has for Lebron James is shocking.

RedBlackAttack
05-30-2011, 07:04 PM

Broussard has very little integrity as a journalist. I'm almost positive that the vast majority of his 'insider' information that he has to come out with every few weeks just to make ESPN happy is pulled directly from his own anus.

His word has become a complete joke. I would question just about anything that he has reported, regardless of how plausible it may be. There was a time when I did consider him one of the better national sports writers, but he has completely fallen off of the cliff in the last year or so.

NewYorkNoPicks
Skip is the man!

Broussard is such a weasel, the type of guy who would sell out anybody and everybody as long as it meant he gained something or it would save his own ass. A weak little man

STATUTORY

Broussard is consistently on Lebron's jock

Broussard looking absolutely hapless in that video against Skip's criticism.

Bayless is the best basketball mind at ESPN, maybe 2nd next to Simmons

DMAVS41
05-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Broussard has very little integrity as a journalist. I'm almost positive that the vast majority of his 'insider' information that he has to come out with every few weeks just to make ESPN happy is pulled directly from his own anus.

His word has become a complete joke. I would question just about anything that he has reported, regardless of how plausible it may be. There was a time when I did consider him one of the better national sports writers, but he has completely fallen off of the cliff in the last year or so.

He reported on rumors this summer. Something that everyone did and he was told to do because ESPN wanted minute by minute breaking news on Lebron and the other free agents.

Broussard always stays consistent in his opinions as well.

But I'm not shocked Cavs fans hate Broussard. Is Windhorst also a terrible journalist? LOL

bagelred
05-30-2011, 07:07 PM
The host immediately went into "Protect Lebron" mode. Sirens went off at ESPN headquarters when Skip started talking.

"We have a Code Red.....Protect the King!!!!........"

FireDavidKahn
05-30-2011, 07:07 PM
I kind of like Skip and think he says all the stuff he does just to get a reaction. He is a real life troll.

NewYorkNoPicks
05-30-2011, 07:08 PM
The host immediately went into "Protect Lebron" mode. Sirens went off at ESPN headquarters when Skip started talking.

+1

kaiiu
05-30-2011, 07:08 PM
He reported on rumors this summer. Something that everyone did and he was told to do because ESPN wanted minute by minute breaking news on Lebron and the other free agents.

But I'm not shocked Cavs fans hate Broussard. Is Windhorst also a terrible journalist? LOL
Windy doesnt EVEN LIKE LEBRON. He just made a move that was best for his career by going to Miami. He pretty much cant talk bad about him now he is with ESPN.But Windy was constantly droppin the dirt on Lebron and shittin on him after game 5 last year.

next:rolleyes:

kaiiu
05-30-2011, 07:09 PM

:roll: :roll:

DMAVS41
05-30-2011, 07:10 PM
Windy doesnt EVEN LIKE LEBRON. He just made a move that was best for his career by going to Miami. He pretty much cant talk bad about him now he is with ESPN.But Windy was constantly droppin the dirt on Lebron and shittin on him after game 5 last year.

next:rolleyes:

Windhorst said that the people in Cleveland were awful to him when he decided to leave.

And Broussard has criticized Lebron many times. He picked the Heat to win from day 1. Looks a lot smarter than all of us....thats for sure.

kaiiu
05-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Windhorst said that the people in Cleveland were awful to him when he decided to leave.

And Broussard has criticized Lebron many times. He picked the Heat to win from day 1. Looks a lot smarter than all of us....thats for sure.
So? what the hell does that have to do with what I said fakkit?

game385
05-30-2011, 07:13 PM
I'm sorry, but Skip was way out of line for that. I'm certainly no LeBron fan but Brussard's argument this morning appeared more truthful and earnest while Skip seemed to reach even more than usual with his anti-LeBron rants.

If anyone saw the debate, you would have seen that Chris Brussard was just explaining that LeBron wore #23 in H.S. and early in his career out of admiration for MJ as opposed to Skip's perspective which was that it was a blatant statement of disrespect by some cocky 18 year old kid proclaiming to the world that he "had arrived" as MJ's replacement.
Not that I think LeBron is the most humble guy in the world but Brussard's statements made a lot more sense. What kid growing up playing basketball didn't want to wear #23? What kid growing up in the 90's didn't idolize MJ? Like I said, I'm not a LeBron fan, but I don't blame a kid growing up playing ball at that level for wanting to wear #23 and I think it's ridiculous to read as much negativity into it as Skip tried to this morning.

IMO, If anyone "sold their soul", it's Skip Bayless. He's traded any legitimate claim to being a reputable sports journalist to become this deranged caricature of sports analyst.

pmj
05-30-2011, 07:14 PM

Ummm, you realize ESPN PAYS Skip Bayless right. The guy's sole purpose on the network is to be the Lebron hater.

And btw, the host is a well known Cavs fan that has hated Lebron since the decision too.

RedBlackAttack
05-30-2011, 07:16 PM

Windhorst is a fantastic journalist... Probably my favorite young journalist in the business.

And, the Broussard thing goes far beyond the rumors with James over the summer or his general catering to LeBron over the last several months... His 'breaking news' is what bothers me most.

He goes way out on limbs with things that aren't even close to being done. Even worse than his 'different BS every day' with the James thing was his all over the map BS with the whole Carmelo Anthony fiasco.

The guy just tries to make headlines and he doesn't care how credible his sources are, which is pretty much the definition of a bad journalist. You don't put your own agenda ahead of the actual story.

He obviously wanted to get on the front page of ESPN.com again a couple of days ago, so he did the whole 'Cavs-Pistons' thing with Rip Hamilton. Any talks between the teams were in their absolute infancy and both franchises have confirmed this. But, there he is, on the front page of ESPN.com writing as though the thing was about to go down.

He has just become a total attention wh0re and has forgotten some of the golden rules of journalism.

If Windhorst had reported that the Cavs and Pistons were close to a deal, I would absolutely, 100-percent believe it. He hasn't lost his integrity with his fame. When it comes to Broussard rumors, I wait to see if anyone else confirms it before I even think about believing it. That is the sign of a bad, untrustworthy journalist.

Mr. I'm So Rad
05-30-2011, 07:18 PM
I mean yeah Broussard is the biggest LeBron homer around but it doesn't make him any better. I mean his bashing on LeBron used to be somewhat funny but now it's pretty apparent that it's a gimmick

Snoop_Cat
05-30-2011, 07:18 PM
his poor news reporting aside, i love bayless as a character on ESPN. some entertainment value

magnax1
05-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Skip makes me laugh when he pisses off people like that. I don't agree with him, but he reminds me of Rush Limbaugh (who I don't agree with either) when a caller comes in and disagrees with him and then he just keeps pushing the callers buttons until he's super pissed. I love it when Skip does that, lol.

wang4three
05-30-2011, 07:20 PM
This little trade is the exact reason why I have so little respect for sports journalism.

RedBlackAttack
05-30-2011, 07:23 PM
And btw, the host is a well known Cavs fan that has hated Lebron since the decision too.
That isn't true at all. Jay Crawford is from Sandusky, Ohio, but he has gone on record several times as saying that he holds no grudge against James.

As a matter of fact, take a look for yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7BOqh2sr9M#t=0m33

So, yeah...

STATUTORY
05-30-2011, 07:25 PM
That isn't true at all. Jay Crawford is from Sandusky, Ohio, but he has gone on record several times as saying that he holds no grudge against James.

So, yeah...

Jay Crawford is a suckup. He likes everyone as long as they appear on ESPN

RedBlackAttack
05-30-2011, 07:27 PM
Jay Crawford is a suckup. He likes everyone as long as they appear on ESPN
I don't even really watch the show. I find all of them annoying. In fact, I watch very little ESPN these days, as it has become more about sensationalism than actual sports reporting... But, I just wanted to show that the idea that he holds a grudge against James isn't true.... At least, according to his own words.

SinJackal
05-30-2011, 07:28 PM
lol.

Chris Broussard and Skip Bayless. . .two of the worst sports personalities ever. I literally cannot think of 3 worse sports personalities ESPN has had on the air (non athletes).

thomaspynchon
05-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Anyone who tries to get in with lebron is by definition a sack of shit.

CanadaBBallFan
05-30-2011, 07:30 PM
This little trade is the exact reason why I have so little respect for sports journalism.

Bingo! I always laugh when people mention their "favourite sports journalist." :lol

GOBB
05-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Skip is a lame individual.

Skip getting his ass handed to him (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAscndj6sus)

:applause:

Chris should have layed into him when he said what he did.

SinJackal
05-30-2011, 07:33 PM

Let's be real here for a second. Anyone who picked the Heat from day 1 was either starstruck by the possibility, on the bandwagon, or just assumed they would be one of the better teams (as everyone did) and figured it's decent odds to pick them to win it.

Not very impressive at all imo. And definitely doesn't look smart. Heat also haven't won yet.

pmj
05-30-2011, 07:43 PM

So, yeah...

That was like two weeks ago... the whole season he pretty much agreed with Skip on everything and joined in bashing Lebron. And it is his job to be the unbiased one. Anyway, the point was that bagelred was trying to act like he was some Lebron-lover that was trying to silence Skip or something.

game385
05-30-2011, 07:46 PM
Skip makes me laugh when he pisses off people like that. I don't agree with him, but he reminds me of Rush Limbaugh (who I don't agree with either) when a caller comes in and disagrees with him and then he just keeps pushing the callers buttons until he's super pissed. I love it when Skip does that, lol.

That's a great comparison... :oldlol:

I told a friend of mine the other day, that if Skip always made sense, he wouldn't be any fun to watch.

Basketball Fan
05-30-2011, 08:14 PM
He has a valid point BUT he's also working for the network that featured "The Decision" in the first place.

jlip
05-30-2011, 08:23 PM
I stopped listening after the :39 mark when Skip said in a conversation about Lebron, "I have objectivity about it."

NBAller
05-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Let's be real here for a second. Anyone who picked the Heat from day 1 was either starstruck by the possibility, on the bandwagon, or just assumed they would be one of the better teams (as everyone did) and figured it's decent odds to pick them to win it.

Not very impressive at all imo. And definitely doesn't look smart. Heat also haven't won yet.

Where as the opposing side was Miami needed 3 balls to succeed. And now they're in the finals. Pretty smart to me, but you think it's not impressive is your opinion.

adri41
05-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Whatever you think of Broussard, Skip Bayless is unequivocally the biggest idiot who has ever been paid to spout crap on ESPN.

Kurosawa0
05-30-2011, 08:43 PM
ESPN needs to tell Skip to cool it. They can have a discussion about the topic, but it's a bit overboard to start calling people's careers in question. I mean, save that kinda crap for the cable news shows.

game385
05-30-2011, 08:45 PM
Whatever you think of Broussard, Skip Bayless is unequivocally the biggest idiot who has ever been paid to spout crap on ESPN.

kaiiu
05-30-2011, 08:49 PM
MY NI99A
http://i34.tinypic.com/s60y2t.png

Scoooter
05-30-2011, 08:50 PM

Philly sports fans are dangerous scum.

DMAVS41
05-30-2011, 08:58 PM

Yep.

Skip Bayless has nightmares of Lebron winning a title. Nightmares.

I can't even imagine the shit he's going to have to deal with if the Heat win. And he deserves it of course. The dude has trashed Lebron no matter what for years.

Still claiming he's not clutch. When in reality Lebron has been by far the most clutch player in the playoffs since 2006.

Its just mind boggling to me how little he actually knows and what he's able to get away with. Why can't one of the idiots that debates him do some ****ing research and blow that clown away once and for all?

GOBB
05-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Philly sports fans are dangerous scum.

I wonder what Bryan Stow family has to say about that. Might disagree.

gasolina
05-30-2011, 09:04 PM

Does anybody watch camelot? Can somebody put a gif together when they attacked arthur at the party and replace arthur's head with Lebron, the knights of the round as w/ broussard and co. and morgan's knights as skip?

catch24
05-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Yep.

I can't even imagine the shit he's going to have to deal with if the Heat win. And he deserves it of course. The dude has trashed Lebron no matter what for years.

Still claiming he's not clutch. When in reality Lebron has been by far the most clutch player in the playoffs since 2006.

Its just mind boggling to me how little he actually knows and what he's able to get away with. Why can't one of the idiots that debates him do some ****ing research and blow that clown away once and for all?

Because if they get people like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAscndj6sus) (link GOBB posted), his gimmick would be finished. Everything is shock value with this guy; that "First Take" show is only watched because of Skip and the outrageous crap he says.

Rasheed1
05-30-2011, 09:09 PM

Mikey Miss.....

"Google me"

CelticBaller
05-30-2011, 09:11 PM
chris is about to call jalen to own skip again

DMAVS41
05-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Because if they get people like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAscndj6sus) (link GOBB posted), his gimmick would be finished. Everything is shock value with this guy; that "First Take" show is only watched because of Skip and the outrageous crap he says.

I don't watch the show so I don't know enough to comment. I just have seen all the clips on youtube and I can honestly say I've never seen a worse debater in my life.

That combined with his absurd opinions backed up by nothing makes it even worse.

macpierce
05-30-2011, 09:27 PM
skip bayless is an idiot, but broussard is a lebron nut hugger lets be honest here

macpierce
05-30-2011, 09:46 PM
I just realized something by the way.................
doesnt chris broussard look like dave chappelle in one of his white man skits/makeup???
:roll: :roll: :roll:

lilgodfather1
05-30-2011, 09:47 PM
Nobody can put Skip in his place because he has Caps lock on his voice. Dude never wants to debate, and when you make a good point against him he just screams over you and says blah, blah, blah, LeBron will never be Jordan, call me when he has six rings.

Sample "debate" with Skip.

Skip: LEBRON JAMES IS NOT THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA BECAUSE HE CHOKES IN THE CLUTCH.

Whoever: Actually Skip stats say that since 2003 LeBron has been the best

Skip: WHOA WHOA WHOA ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOU ARE TRYING TO TELL ME THAT YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT PRINCE JAMES IS THE BEST CLOSER IN THE LEAGUE? YEAH RIGHT HE CAN'T EVEN SHOOT A 15 FOOT JUMP SHOT

Whoever: Skip the stats say he is, it isn't me it is facts

Skip: THATS STUPID AND YOU KNOW IT. WATCH THE GAME. STATS ARE USELESS AND KOBE IS THE BEST CLOSER IN THE LEAGUE.

Whoever: *sigh* whatever Skip, you are going to ignore the facts as usual.

King Lebron LBJ
05-30-2011, 10:04 PM
At least Chris Broussard has stuck by Miami all season long when loads of ESPN writers hopped on and off.

game385
05-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Nobody can put Skip in his place because he has Caps lock on his voice. Dude never wants to debate, and when you make a good point against him he just screams over you and says blah, blah, blah, LeBron will never be Jordan, call me when he has six rings.

Sample "debate" with Skip.

Skip: LEBRON JAMES IS NOT THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA BECAUSE HE CHOKES IN THE CLUTCH.

Whoever: Actually Skip stats say that since 2003 LeBron has been the best

Skip: WHOA WHOA WHOA ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOU ARE TRYING TO TELL ME THAT YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT PRINCE JAMES IS THE BEST CLOSER IN THE LEAGUE? YEAH RIGHT HE CAN'T EVEN SHOOT A 15 FOOT JUMP SHOT

Whoever: Skip the stats say he is, it isn't me it is facts

Skip: THATS STUPID AND YOU KNOW IT. WATCH THE GAME. STATS ARE USELESS AND KOBE IS THE BEST CLOSER IN THE LEAGUE.

Whoever: *sigh* whatever Skip, you are going to ignore the facts as usual.

:oldlol: Skips makes it hard for us non-LeBron fans. I almost want Miami to win after seeing him say that asinine bull sh*t this morning...

O_City_Thunder
05-30-2011, 11:04 PM
I just realized something by the way.................
doesnt chris broussard look like dave chappelle in one of his white man skits/makeup???
:roll: :roll: :roll:
THIS

RedBlackAttack
05-30-2011, 11:58 PM
Yep.

Don't fool yourself.

Skip Bayless -- deep down -- probably couldn't care less whether James wins or loses. He has created this character that is anti-LeBron and it has made him very famous and very controversial.

That is no accident. He is an attention wh0re and being the anti-James gave him all of the attention that he wanted and more during LeBron's first 7 years in the NBA.

Nowadays, James isn't well liked across the country, so Bayless doesn't stand out the way he used to when James was a wholesome, beloved athlete who was loved by many and hated by few. Still, Bayless' celebrity identity has become almost solely about his contrived disdain for James.

If you think that he rolls around in bed, dreading a possible title for LeBron, you are crazy. I think he may actually want it, in fact. Then, everyone will be thinking, "How is Bayless going to react to this" and "I can't wait to watch First-and-10 to see what he says next."

In reality, it is all a show... And Skip -- very purposefully -- has become the star. The more stuff that James wins and the more James' fans become convinced that Bayless will finally get his by something that James does on the court, the happier he will be.

What Bayless probably fears most is James really stinking it up, the Heat losing, and LeBron's stardom taking a dive. Then, no one will much care what Skip has to say on the matter, because it will no longer be controversial. Skip's entire 'journalistic' life -- at this point -- is tied into LeBron James.

kaiiu
05-31-2011, 12:32 AM
FLEXXIN
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/macazoe010/skip.jpg

Stringer Bell
05-31-2011, 02:19 AM
Broussard is like a Lebron groupie, but I can stand him better than someone who has a gimmick of being a "professional hater" and starts rumors about the sexual preferences of athletes.

Samurai Swoosh
05-31-2011, 02:26 AM
FLEXXIN
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/macazoe010/skip.jpg
He takes pics of himself at the gym? lol

Ruutu
05-31-2011, 03:45 AM
Here is good sample of Skip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Rdf0n_Lsg&feature=related

DMAVS41
05-31-2011, 09:21 AM
Don't fool yourself.

Skip Bayless -- deep down -- probably couldn't care less whether James wins or loses. He has created this character that is anti-LeBron and it has made him very famous and very controversial.

That is no accident. He is an attention wh0re and being the anti-James gave him all of the attention that he wanted and more during LeBron's first 7 years in the NBA.

Nowadays, James isn't well liked across the country, so Bayless doesn't stand out the way he used to when James was a wholesome, beloved athlete who was loved by many and hated by few. Still, Bayless' celebrity identity has become almost solely about his contrived disdain for James.

If you think that he rolls around in bed, dreading a possible title for LeBron, you are crazy. I think he may actually want it, in fact. Then, everyone will be thinking, "How is Bayless going to react to this" and "I can't wait to watch First-and-10 to see what he says next."

In reality, it is all a show... And Skip -- very purposefully -- has become the star. The more stuff that James wins and the more James' fans become convinced that Bayless will finally get his by something that James does on the court, the happier he will be.

What Bayless probably fears most is James really stinking it up, the Heat losing, and LeBron's stardom taking a dive. Then, no one will much care what Skip has to say on the matter, because it will no longer be controversial. Skip's entire 'journalistic' life -- at this point -- is tied into LeBron James.

Some of it is an act of course, but no.....he actually truly despises Lebron. I've seen enough to know that.

No person wants to look like an idiot. If Lebron wins, Skip is going to look like a moron. He kind of already does.

At every point in Lebron's career he under-rated Lebron and grossly over-rated Lebron's supporting cast in an effort to to tear him down.

If its 100% an act then Skip is the best actor in the world. I don't think you can fake that kind of hatred or passion.

I think its obvious that he genuinely cares a lot about this stuff.

SmackOrH.A.K
05-31-2011, 10:23 AM
Skip bayless is dummy.

jlip
05-31-2011, 10:25 AM
Skip just apologized for "going too far" yesterday on First and 10.

DMAVS41
05-31-2011, 10:26 AM
Skip just apologized for "going too far" yesterday on First and 10.

Good, he should have.

Nastradamus
05-31-2011, 10:27 AM

Just so you know, Troy Aikman is gay. No, I do not have proof, so I realize my word means little, but there is no question about it I promise.

heyhey
05-31-2011, 10:29 AM
Just so you know, Troy Aikman is gay. No, I do not have proof, so I realize my word means little, but there is no question about it I promise.

I wouldn't even be shocked. the man is way too comfortable hangin wit Joe Buck in that booth.

and I bet Broussard got emo back stage. u can tell that Skip really cut him with that comment.

kkling
05-31-2011, 10:33 AM
Skip backed out on a comment, I'm shocked. :rolleyes:

Skip already has his built in excuse if Lebron wins, even if he was obviously playing better than Wade. Homer vs Hater is hilarious.

Darius
05-31-2011, 10:56 AM

LOL

Crown&Coke
05-31-2011, 12:51 PM
Bayless is a moron, has crazy bias in a career in which you check your bias at the door.

But Broussard pisses me off, he has to say "Lebron" at least 15x in every interview, every sentence he just has to say his name like we will forget who he is referring to. And the way he say "Lebron" sounds wierd to me.

RomeoLuvCasanova
05-31-2011, 12:58 PM
ESPN emasculated Skip by making him apologize today his gimmick has officially lost all of it's bite.

24r2
05-31-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm starting to hate this Skip Bayless guy. :mad:

and kentatm always post something i never knew about. :cheers:

*looks at avatar*