3) Dream Shake - Hakeem Olajuwon

4) Dipper Finger Roll - Wilt Chamberlain

5) 1 Foot Fall-away - Dirk Nowitzki

6) Step-Back leaner - Larry Bird

7) Turnaround Jumper - Oscar Robertson

8) Ice Finger Roll - George Gervin

9) Black Tornado - Shaquille O'Neal

10) ???????????????????

Thoughts, I've never really put much thought into this myself.

LebronGOAT
05-30-2011, 11:42 PM
Duncan bank shot.

MeLO MvP 15
05-30-2011, 11:44 PM
Jab step then fade away- Melo

Transition 3- Chauncey Billups

Gifted Mind
05-30-2011, 11:45 PM
In terms of degree of difficulty to stop, Elvin Hayes turnaround definitely deserves to be on that list.

(e)
05-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Can't stop a 7 foot jump shooter who can shoot over anyone in the league.

jlauber
05-30-2011, 11:48 PM
1) Sky Hook - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

2) Fade-away Jumper - Michael Jordan

10) ???????????????????

Good list, but IMHO, Wilt's turnaround jumpshot in the lane from 8-10 ft early in his career was his best offensive move. Here again, it is too bad that YouTube removed the footage. Chamberlain actually had solid 15 ft range in the first-half of his career. Of course, he could power in for dunks as easily as Shaq did in the 00's, too.

As for Kareem's sky-hook, probably the dealiest shot in NBA history...BUT, even a 34-35-36 year old Wilt could get to it. He blocked some 15 of them in the '72 WCF's alone...and forced Kareem into wild misses on considerably more attempts, as well.

Shaq's point blank dunks, aided by overpowering his opponents was probably the most unstoppable shot in NBA history.

inclinerator
05-31-2011, 12:03 AM
lebron's heat check from anywhere

Theoo's Daddy
05-31-2011, 12:36 AM
Wade's euro-step:bowdown: :bowdown:

imlmf
05-31-2011, 12:38 AM
Jab step then fade away- Melo

Transition 3- Chauncey Billups

that move stops itself :oldlol:

JGXEN
05-31-2011, 12:39 AM
Paul Pierce step back jumpshot?

LA_Showtime
05-31-2011, 12:47 AM
Yao Ming's turnaround? He'd be a lock for the hall-of-fame and the best center in the league right now if he was healthy. Damn shame.

kaiiu
05-31-2011, 12:50 AM
Ben Wallace missed dunk

schism206
05-31-2011, 12:51 AM
jordans fade away's were pretty ridiculous. i remember he'd post up a guy from 10-12 feet away, do a couple head fakes and make the turn-around jumper almost every time. and there was absolutely nothing you could do about it.

Lucifer
05-31-2011, 12:51 AM
lol @ MJ's fadeaway at #2 for most unstoppable move. The myth of MJ lives on at insidehoops. dude has his fair share of 25+ shooting nights on $hit percentages shooting that fadeaway.

Lucifer
05-31-2011, 12:53 AM
I wouldn't put it at unstoppable, but Lamar Odom going left to the rim when he has the ball at the top of the key is money.

DaHeezy
05-31-2011, 12:55 AM
I personally think Reggie Lewis had a better fadeaway than Jordan

But the question is which is THE most unstoppable shot in history. The thread should end at Kareem's sky hook.

Kobe24Clutch
05-31-2011, 12:59 AM

10) ???????????????????

:wtf: The Jordan nut hugging reaching an all time high. :facepalm

imlmf
05-31-2011, 01:05 AM
:wtf: The Jordan nut hugging reaching an all time high. :facepalm

why would your idol spend his entire career trying to copy it then?

Kobe24Clutch
05-31-2011, 01:08 AM
why would your idol spend his entire career trying to copy it then?
Just because he happens to be my favorite player that means he's my idol? :rolleyes:

no pun intended
05-31-2011, 01:21 AM
Durant gets the whistle and shoot free throws. The ref's call is unstoppable because you can't complain. Durant's free throws are unstoppable because he makes them at a high rate and it is illegal to contest it.

magnax1
05-31-2011, 01:37 AM
If Jordan's fadeaway was better then Kobe's, it's not by much, and I'd say Kobe's was better. Either way, I wouldn't say Jordan's fadeaway is second most unstoppable, unless you just mean unblockable, lol. If you mean unstoppable as in most likely to go in, then it's not that terribly high, definitely lower then Dirk's crazy fadeaway.

Samurai Swoosh
05-31-2011, 01:39 AM
If Jordan's fadeaway was better then Kobe's, it's not by much, and I'd say Kobe's was better. Either way, I wouldn't say Jordan's fadeaway is second most unstoppable, unless you just mean unblockable, lol. If you mean unstoppable as in most likely to go in, then it's not that terribly high, definitely lower then Dirk's crazy fadeaway.
Just out of curiosity how would Kobe's fadeaway be better than Jordans?

Like whats the criterium for this opinion? Bryant clearly based his fadeaway and entire move set in the post off Jordan's arsenal.

:oldlol:

no pun intended
05-31-2011, 01:41 AM

Like whats the criterium for this opinion? Bryant clearly based his fadeaway and entire move set in the post off Jordan's arsenal.

I'm pretty sure Kobe didn't know who Jordan was until this year. Thus, your logic becomes invalidated.

magnax1
05-31-2011, 01:44 AM

So because Kobe copied Jordan it's automatically worse?

Samurai Swoosh
05-31-2011, 01:58 AM
So because Kobe copied Jordan it's automatically worse?
No, I'm not saying it's worse. And I'm not saying Jordan's is better. I'm just asking how YOU even come to the conclusion Kobe's was better. They are the same exact move. Executed exactly the same.

atljonesbro
05-31-2011, 01:59 AM
LeBron's 4 step layup

Rojogaqu11
05-31-2011, 02:16 AM
Other nice shots.

Tony Parker's Floater.
Duncan's bank shot.
Nash's under the basket and go around fadeaway.
Kobe's spin and split trap at the baseline fadeaway.
Pierce's top of the key set 3 ptr.
Yao's set turnaround jumper from baseline.

magnax1
05-31-2011, 02:19 AM
No, I'm not saying it's worse. And I'm not saying Jordan's is better. I'm just asking how YOU even come to the conclusion Kobe's was better. They are the same exact move. Executed exactly the same.
Because I think Kobe's better at it, lol. As in he's more likely to make the shot, especially at longer ranges.

Samurai Swoosh
05-31-2011, 02:22 AM
Because I think Kobe's better at it, lol. As in he's more likely to make the shot, especially at longer ranges.
And that would be absolutely ridiculous. Stupid, actually. You don't do post up fadeaways from three point land. The furtherst you go is elbow extended on that move. It's not even objective, you just want to say Kobe was better at it. He's not. They execute the move the exact same way. And I'm actually more inclined to say Jordan scored more on the move, and especially in the late 90's worked out of the post much more than Kobe. So he usually was more successful at it. But in terms of the mechanics of the move, not the results ... they are the exact same.

magnax1
05-31-2011, 02:49 AM
And that would be absolutely ridiculous. Stupid, actually. You don't do post up fadeaways from three point land. The furtherst you go is elbow extended on that move. It's not even objective, you just want to say Kobe was better at it. He's not. They execute the move the exact same way. And I'm actually more inclined to say Jordan scored more on the move, and especially in the late 90's worked out of the post much more than Kobe. So he usually was more successful at it. But in terms of the mechanics of the move, not the results ... they are the exact same.
Lol, okay. I really don't want to say Kobe is better, but he is. And I'm not just talking about post up fadeaway, but his fadeaway in general.

Mr. I'm So Rad
05-31-2011, 02:56 AM
LeBron's 4 step layup

Samurai Swoosh
05-31-2011, 02:57 AM
Lol, okay. I really don't want to say Kobe is better, but he is. And I'm not just talking about post up fadeaway, but his fadeaway in general.
Yea ... ok ... it's not.

magnax1
05-31-2011, 02:58 AM
Yea ... ok ... it is
agreed.

Sakkreth
05-31-2011, 03:09 AM
Big Baby Davis on fast break.
:bowdown:

AngelEyes
05-31-2011, 03:16 AM
I fail to see how the sky hook, dream shake or any kind of fade away is more unstoppable than Shaq backing his man down and turning and dunking, which is what he did all game, every game in his prime. Same thing with Chamberlain, how are those finesse moves more unstoppable than Chamberlain overwhelming his defenders physically on every play. Also, arguing whose fade away is more unstoppable has to be one of the more pointless arguments possible. What data do you have to support it either way? People act like the fade away was the only shot Jordan used and that he started using during the second three peat. He had a wide variety of shots and you can go watch a Jordan game from the late 80's and he was using the same damn shot.

AngelEyes
05-31-2011, 03:24 AM
Do you want to know what was Jordan's most unstoppable move? It was him driving to the basket and finishing with either hand. This is because there was no one quick enough to stop him and he was such a fantastic finisher around the rim. It's nice and cliche to use the fade away but that was a jump shot and no jump shot would be more unstoppable than a Michael Jordan drive to the rim. It's also cliche to say George Gervin's finger roll was unstoppable, but that is far from a high percentage shot, even with Gervin taking it. Abdul Jabbar's skyhook may be the most unblockable shot but I wouldn't consider it the most unstoppable considering it is still a jump shot.

junkiescumbag
05-31-2011, 03:31 AM
lebron/kobe 40+foot heat check

NY-Knicks
05-31-2011, 05:13 AM
Carmelo Anthony's spin move.

colorz
05-31-2011, 06:35 AM
Hardaway/Iverson Crossover.

TheOne
05-31-2011, 06:45 AM
D. Rose's acrobatic layup.

jbryan1984
05-31-2011, 06:47 AM
Shaq's missile foul shot.

Jacks3
05-31-2011, 06:51 AM
Kobe/Jordan's/West's pull-up jumper going right. All three have tremendous balance on it and get excellent elevation as well.

OmniStrife
05-31-2011, 07:08 AM
A Steve Nash free throw and you know it. :pimp:

Rnbizzle
05-31-2011, 07:42 AM
How is Jordan's fade away more deadly then Dirk's? :facepalm

Apocalyptic0n3
05-31-2011, 07:45 AM
Ray Allen's insane quick-release 3 pointer and Reggie's kick-out shot would definitely rank up there.

clipps
05-31-2011, 07:59 AM
This place is full of Jordan/Kobe jock riders. It's completely unarguable that any dunk attempt by prime Shaq is the most unstoppable move of all time. Not a single human being was able to come close to stopping that unless 2 or 3 guys tackled or bear hugged him; and even when that happens, he still would have an extremely high chance of slamming it. 2nd place for the "most unstoppable move" doesn't coma anywhere close.

step_back
05-31-2011, 08:13 AM
A.I crossover.

Dirk's off balance fade away.

Hakeem's dream shake.

dirkdiggler41
05-31-2011, 08:41 AM
This place is full of Jordan/Kobe jock riders. It's completely unarguable that any dunk attempt by prime Shaq is the most unstoppable move of all time. Not a single human being was able to come close to stopping that unless 2 or 3 guys tackled or bear hugged him; and even when that happens, he still would have an extremely high chance of slamming it. 2nd place for the "most unstoppable move" doesn't coma anywhere close.

You cant really call dunking under the basket a signature move. At least not imo. It has to be something special that very few can copy like Kareem's hook. You could say that Shaq's spin in the post or something like that, because that is a unique move because it combine both strength, skill and great footwork.

I also don't think Hakeem's dream shake is unstoppably because he did very rarely from what I have seen. You also know what he is going to do, so as long as you dont bite the pump fakes, it can be stopped. Jordan was living of his fadeaway in 96-98, the same goes for Dirk and his fade and Kareem with his hook shot. You know when those shots are coming, you guard them extremely well, but they still go in.

Ranking signature moves does not even work. Nobody here can actually say one move is better then the other, but you can make a list of moves that is impossible to stop.

I would like to add Tim Hardaway and his crossover.

Rolando
05-31-2011, 08:57 AM
Antoine Walker for threeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!:bowdown: :rockon: :cheers: :no:

MalikWadeCounty
05-31-2011, 09:47 AM
the name of the thread is Most unstoppable, not prettiest. I don't see how ANYBODY'S jumper is more unstoppable than a guy like Hakeem and Shaq in the post.

but anyway...some moves that I don't think have been mentioned yet>>>

the dunk B-Diddy did on Kirilenko in the 07 Semis ...drive into him with one arm straight down, jam it with the reverse...simple, strong, and pretty unstoppable with the right guy doing it....

D-Wade's mortal kombat kick jumper :oldlol:

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/00327/wade_heat_327201gm-a.jpg

G.O.A.T
05-31-2011, 10:05 AM
I fail to see how the sky hook, dream shake or any kind of fade away is more unstoppable than Shaq backing his man down and turning and dunking, which is what he did all game, every game in his prime. Same thing with Chamberlain, how are those finesse moves more unstoppable than Chamberlain overwhelming his defenders physically on every play.

Do you want to know what was Jordan's most unstoppable move? It was him driving to the basket and finishing with either hand. This is because there was no one quick enough to stop him and he was such a fantastic finisher around the rim. It's nice and cliche to use the fade away but that was a jump shot and no jump shot would be more unstoppable than a Michael Jordan drive to the rim.

the name of the thread is Most unstoppable, not prettiest. I don't see how ANYBODY'S jumper is more unstoppable than a guy like Hakeem and Shaq in the post.

A big part of a move being unstoppable is how easily can the player get the shot.

It's a lot harder to get a one-on-one match-up in the post and almost impossible not to run into help going towards the rim even if you do get an isolation that low.

Same thing with a drive to the basket, it's not like that's something that you can do every time down the court. Not to mention the physical toll that takes on a player wears them down a lot faster than a jump shot.

Kareem's could get that sky hook at almost time he wanted and could make it out to 18-20 feet. Jordan based most of his post arsenal around that move and the threat of it. It allowed him to play the same style he played earlier in his career as a play maker without expending nearly as much energy.

ace23
05-31-2011, 10:07 AM
When he busts this out, it always freezes the defender:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGqZnBmMkuc

rieljane02
05-31-2011, 10:11 AM
steve nash men...

ace23
05-31-2011, 10:24 AM
steve nash men...
??

Grey Dawn
05-31-2011, 10:24 AM
Duncan bank shot.

THIS

VishaltotheG
05-31-2011, 10:27 AM
D-Rose's shot where he contorts his whole body to avoid contact and gets a sexy layup off.

Peteballa
05-31-2011, 10:28 AM
LeBron James 1 on 1 on the fast break. Unstoppable :rockon:

Batz
05-31-2011, 10:31 AM
Duncan bank shot.
Pretty sure he shoots a low % on that. Somewhere in the mid 40s.

Kobe24Clutch
05-31-2011, 12:00 PM
LeBron's 4 step layup
:lol

Yung D-Will
05-31-2011, 12:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7aWyQf7kqQ&feature=related

Calabis
05-31-2011, 12:11 PM

:facepalm Kobe fans still fail to realize Kobe is a 45% career shooter, yet he's the best at everything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdS_J97y7K8&feature=related

Gotterdammerung
05-31-2011, 01:09 PM
I also don't think Hakeem's dream shake is unstoppably because he did very rarely from what I have seen. You also know what he is going to do, so as long as you dont bite the pump fakes, it can be stopped. Jordan was living of his fadeaway in 96-98, the same goes for Dirk and his fade and Kareem with his hook shot. You know when those shots are coming, you guard them extremely well, but they still go in.

Right and wrong.

Right that Hakeem did not pull off the move that often.

Wrong that by avoiding pump fakes you could stop it. Even Hakeem didn't know what he was going to do once the move started. What choice did the defender have? I think this is why he didn't pull it off on automatic, because throughout the game Hakeem figured out if his defender was gonna bite on certain fakes (a la Robinson) or stay floorbound (a la Tim Duncan) and then unleash it at the right time to maximum effect. You were faked out 4 to 6 times on the same move.

colts19
05-31-2011, 01:42 PM
Any of Kevin Mchale's 4000 torture chamber moves in the post.:rockon:

alexandreben
05-31-2011, 04:29 PM
I think it's more interesting to give credit to those "original" signature moves, e.g. Wilt's finger-roll, which's definitely original;

Jordan's fade away is not original...

Akeem's dream shake is not original either...

Thompson's original move, Big O brought cross pass into league, Cousy brought circus pass into league, how can we ignore Pistol? Dr. J's move, etc..

TheCorporation
05-31-2011, 04:39 PM
LBJ's ability to knock down a jumper if you give him too much space or steam roll to the cup at will when you play too close.

TheCorporation
05-31-2011, 04:42 PM
LBJ's ability to knock down a jumper if you give him too much space or steam roll to the cup at will when you play too close.

Samurai Swoosh
05-31-2011, 05:50 PM
LeBron hasn't "steam rolled to the cup AT WILL" in over a calander year, bro

magnax1
05-31-2011, 06:16 PM
:facepalm Kobe fans still fail to realize Kobe is a 45% career shooter, yet he's the best at everything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdS_J97y7K8&feature=related
Because I said Kobe is better at 1 thing then Jordan I'm a Kobe fan? I'm a Jazz fan dumbass, I don't care about Kobe at all.

Round Mound
05-31-2011, 06:58 PM
Barkley Post Spin Move "Precusor of Shaq`s Black Tornados"

G.O.A.T
05-31-2011, 07:20 PM
Barkley Post Spin Move "Precusor of Shaq`s Black Tornados"

I was searching for a Barkley move, but he just didn't have a signature move.

I thought about the baseline spin and slam, but Shaqs was better because of the physical size difference.

As much as I hate your approach to basketball analysis, we share a love for Barkley as our favorite player of all-time and I respect your knowledge of the game, though not your conclusions.

Barkley was the most unstoppable offensive force I'd seen besides Michael Jordan and at the time it was happening I believed and argued that Barkley was the better player.

What other moves do you most remember Barkley for using regularly.

I hated that leaning face-up fade away he used in his Suns days, but he got pretty good at it.

To me, his signature move is drawing an illegal defense. He mind-****ed so many defenses in his day with his wing/post isolations.

Anyway let me know what you think the other candidates would be.

Toizumi
05-31-2011, 08:34 PM

10) ???????????????????

I think you should include Kevin McHale in this list. His up and under was pretty much unstoppable. McHale's whole offensive game relied on his post moves and his whole skillset was nice.. but if I had to pick one move of his, I'd say the up and ander deserves a spot on the list.

There have been some bigs with shots in their arsenal that were practically impossible to block.. I don't know if Yao Ming's hookshot is regarded a true sig move.. but it should be IMO.
Yao Ming's hookshot is one of the most unblockable shots in the history of the league (yeah Nate got him, but not on that hookshot :oldlol:). He might've gotten blocked a few times, but he was sick with that hook.
I found 2 vids of all his hookshots in 05-06:
Yao Ming hookshots in 05-06 - part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT_8E-0HMoA&feature=related)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIhU2C-Hkg0&feature=related)
:applause:

http://sgstb.msn.com/i/B7/C07ACEB941119C64198E481ADAE048.jpg