PDA

View Full Version : It's Gonna Be A Long Decade of Heat championships

JChurches
05-31-2011, 09:28 PM
Miami Heat Championship Cruise Is Docked At The Port Of Miami And Preparing To Ride Off Into The Caribbean. Get On Board Now While You Still Can

Mr. Jabbar
05-31-2011, 09:36 PM
that ship be sinkin real soon son.

Cangri
05-31-2011, 09:47 PM
This type of threads are fking hilarious specially when they fail :roll:

lilgodfather1
05-31-2011, 09:59 PM
i'm on board, can't wait until we holding that 'chip.

28renyoy
05-31-2011, 10:23 PM
Miami=Titanic
Dallas=iceberg

Lone Laker
05-31-2011, 10:35 PM
8 points behind-this ship needs a better captain...

Toizumi
05-31-2011, 10:36 PM
Miami Heat Championship Cruise Is Docked At The Port Of Miami And Preparing To Ride Off Into The Caribbean. Get On Board Now While You Still Can

You Type Like I Did When I Was 12. Is Starting Every Word With A Capital Letter Still Hip?

sixerfan82
05-31-2011, 10:41 PM
i'm on board, can't wait until we holding that 'chip.

lol yea you're puttin in a lot of hard work screaming from home..

but hey, you might get into that parade!

gilalizard
05-31-2011, 11:02 PM
Just remember to let the refs board first. Without them, there's no cruise.

JChurches
05-31-2011, 11:28 PM
You Type Like I Did When I Was 12. Is Starting Every Word With A Capital Letter Still Hip?

It's the Heat's new viral ad campaign. :roll:

Me = med student (top 5% of my class)
You = mad

DonDadda59
05-31-2011, 11:49 PM
Isn't there anti trust laws to combat this sort of shit? It's like Microsoft in the 90s... :facepalm

Noble6-AC45
05-31-2011, 11:51 PM
your tears are delicious

RedBlackAttack
Hope for a hard cap to be instituted this offseason, my friend. It is basically the only thing that will keep the league semi-competitive.

williams012
Monopoly having, cheating ass Miami. Isn't there anti trust laws to combat this sort of shit? It's like Microsoft in the 90s... :facepalm
:violin:

Noble6-AC45
05-31-2011, 11:52 PM
Hope for a hard cap to be instituted this offseason, my friend. It is basically the only thing that will keep the league semi-competitive.they all took paycuts so no cap is gonna prevent something like this from happening again

bigkingsfan
I for one welcome our new overlords.

RedBlackAttack
they all took paycuts so no cap is gonna prevent something like this from happening again
They all took paycuts? No, they didn't. They all got their max contracts, hence the sign & trades. A hardcap would basically lock them in to what they have right now... which is still overwhelming talent, but at least it won't get worse.

Bigsmoke
05-31-2011, 11:53 PM
Monopoly having, cheating ass Miami. Isn't there anti trust laws to combat this sort of shit? It's like Microsoft in the 90s... :facepalm

:cry: :cry: :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0

BallsOut
05-31-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm done watching the NBA if the Heat wins this season. No more heart, competitiveness or good role models for the kids. Just bunch of pansies flocking like geece when the going gets tough. Don't want to be associated with a weak rep. Enjoy the new Yankees of the NBA.

PowerGlove
05-31-2011, 11:54 PM
They won by EIGHT f*cking points.

The things people complain about like Dallas has no chance to win this series after one game.:facepalm

d.bball.guy
05-31-2011, 11:55 PM
Miami=Titanic
Dallas=iceberg
Also...

Miami=Heat
Iceberg=Melt

:D

DonDadda59
05-31-2011, 11:55 PM

Probably the best method, you shall have a honored seat at their feet. I will build a statue in honor of our new masters. I am not worthy :bowdown:

Troutfisch
05-31-2011, 11:56 PM

The things people complain about like Dallas has no chance to win this series after one game.:facepalmPeople tend to overreact to Game 1's - if you recall the East Finals everyone thought Chicago was set to thump Miami after that 20 pt beatdown and then what happened?

tpols
The thing about miami that separates them from the celtics of the 80s or the lakers of the 2000s is COMPETITION.

There's no competition in this league anymore. Boston's old. LA is old. All of the veteran teams are gone and were left with younger teams like OKC and chicago, but they aren't even as stacked as miami.

At least LA had the spurs, and kings teams back in the day.. and the celtics had the dynasty lakers team to compete with in the 80s.. all of those series were close.

With miami, nothing is close. They have no competition right now.

RedBlackAttack

The things people complain about like Dallas has no chance to win this series after one game.:facepalm
They are now 13-3 in these playoffs. It has been a total cakewalk thus far.

SebasMiamiFan
05-31-2011, 11:57 PM
Just remember to let the refs board first. Without them, there's no cruise.

It was a fair game.

Noble6-AC45
05-31-2011, 11:58 PM
I'm done watching the NBA if the Heat wins this season. No more heart, competitiveness or good role models for the kids. Just bunch of pansies flocking like geece when the going gets tough. Don't want to be associated with a weak rep. Enjoy the new Yankees of the NBA.lets promote money and not winning thats good for the kids

:facepalm

Troutfisch
Miami=Titanic
Dallas=icebergDang, beat me to it...:cheers:

PowerGlove

Were people making these threads when Kobe and Shaq went 16-1? Just wondering.

kaiiu
Im done with the NBA after this season. The Heat are steamrollin all comp. and getting helped by the refs on top of it. This team is a bad role model for the kids. Always take the easy way out. Never win fair.

Patrick Chewing
05-31-2011, 11:59 PM
The thing about miami that separates them from the celtics of the 80s or the lakers of the 2000s is COMPETITION.

There's no competition in this league anymore. Boston's old. LA is old. All of the veteran teams are gone and were left with younger teams like OKC and chicago, but they aren't even as stacked as miami.

At least LA had the spurs, and kings teams back in the day.. and the celtics had the dynasty lakers team to compete with in the 80s.. all of those series were close.

New York is coming right around the corner baby

Fatal9
05-31-2011, 11:59 PM
None of these *******s want to be accountable for their play. Props to them for winning, but disgusting watching one or two of them be invisible for long stretches of the game while the other guy always carries them through. Not even a fun team to watch either, every game is filled with so many poor offensive sets but they grind it out purely on talent.

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2011, 12:00 AM
lets promote money and not winning thats good for the kids

You mean, like the $43 million they made between the three of them this year? The same exact amount that Bosh and James would have made had they stayed in Cleveland/Toronto? They really deprived themselves.

Papaya Petee
06-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Im done with the NBA after this season. The Heat are steamrollin all comp. and getting helped by the refs on top of it. This team is a bad role model for the kids. Always take the easy way out. Never win fair.

Lol how are they not winning games fair?

Go watch somebody else, nobodys gonna miss ya!

PowerGlove
06-01-2011, 12:02 AM
New York is coming right around the corner baby
This, sadly is true.

We dont know what will happen with Dwight and CP3.

Russy and Durant is getting better and better each season. Plus they have harden, ibaka, perk, maynor etc...

Griffin is going into his second year.

Chicago is one OJ Mayo away from seriously challenging the Heat so IDK why people make it seem like Pat Riley created a franchise with every player rated 99 and only father time can stop them.

williams012
06-01-2011, 12:03 AM

thats actually a good example for the kids.

life isnt fair.

btw, how is it not fair? they did everything within the rules. :confusedshrug:

JChurches
25% of cabins have been sold. ACT FAST!

SebasMiamiFan

How ironic that Dallas spends more money than anyone. Cuban keeps trying to buy championships.

DonDadda59
06-01-2011, 12:04 AM

Kent Brockman lookin ass... (http://www.hostedfile.com/videos/4779/kent-brockman-betrays-humanity.html) :mad:

kaiiu
None of these *******s want to be accountable for their play. Props to them for winning, but disgusting watching one or two of them be invisible for long stretches of the game while the other guy always carries them through. Not even a fun team to watch either, every game is filled with so many poor offensive sets but they grind it out purely on talent.
:applause: cant say it better myself. Its disgusting that a start WANTS to be carried through stretches. Lebron said so in the summer. Just a bunch of isos by 3 top 15 players and playground ball kickout 3s.

steve
All Hail the Ants.

Noob Saibot
06-01-2011, 12:05 AM

deal with it sonny boy. I had to put up with the Lakers back to back rings. didn't like it, but thats life. you can do the same if Miami wins.

tpols
06-01-2011, 12:05 AM
The difference is kobe and shaq didn't suck power away from any other teams.. that was a homegrown talent duo that didn't affect any other franchise's development.

Lebron and Bosh basically sacrificed both of their franchises to the miami heat.:oldlol:

PowerGlove
06-01-2011, 12:07 AM
The difference is kobe and shaq didn't suck power away from any other teams.. that was a homegrown talent duo that didn't affect any other franchise's development.

Lebron and Bosh basically sacrificed both of their franchises to the miami heat.:oldlol:

Shaq was drafted to the Lakers now?:roll:

williams012
06-01-2011, 12:07 AM

orlando?

tpols
06-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Key word: Homegrown DUO.

LEFT4DEAD
06-01-2011, 12:08 AM
It will be one long decade for haters. I predict ISH shuting down cause there will be nothing to discuss about, Lebron will be claimed new GOAT, Lakers will move to Minessota, Kobe will retire after Miami's 3peat, cases of Kobe's fans' suicides will be in rise...

On your knees biatches.

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Completely different scenario and set of circumstances... You know this. In this case, the two best players in the NBA decided to join forces in their prime. That Lakers team actually grew together.

It couldn't be anymore different.

This was the outcome that I feared most when this tandem was announced... That they would just overwhelm teams with talent. I feel like I'm watching some kind of all-star exhibition game... And it is the NBA Finals.

PowerGlove
06-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Home grown my ass.:oldlol:

williams012
06-01-2011, 12:10 AM

Key Words: "that didn't affect any other franchise's development."

madmax
06-01-2011, 12:11 AM

yeah, just like Kobrick was drafted to Lakers...oops, my bad, Charlotte that is:lol

ShannonElements
06-01-2011, 12:12 AM

No. It's a double-standard.

tpols
06-01-2011, 12:13 AM
Home grown my ass.:oldlol:
Did shaq and kobe start winning immediatly with each other?

No. It took YEARS for that tandem to start a dynasty.. thats what I meant by homegrown duo. Orlando was LONG out of the picture when LA started winning titles.

Miami, on the other hand, is winning a title in their first year..

Cant believe were even comparing the situations.:oldlol:

Mr. I'm So Rad
yeah, just like Kobrick was drafted to Lakers...oops, my bad, Charlotte that is:lol

Yeah because 17 year old fresh out of high school Kobe Bryant was a superstar :rolleyes:

Profound

I could have sworn that Shaq was traded from Orlando :wtf: I must be imagining things :confusedshrug:. Either way just because they all came together doesn't mean they aren't working hard, both Wade and Lebron have taken great strides in improving their defense hell even Bosh is playing better defense then he ever has. I frankly don't understand all the hate these dudes get they have the right to do whatever the **** they want. The only thing people should get mad at is the fact that they celebrate too god damn much(especially before they even played a game together).

bl2k8
06-01-2011, 12:14 AM
the biggest difference in all this is that there is a third all star. If it was just Bron and Wade they would have to do more basketball wise, but since Bosh is there you can have Wade play terrible for an entire series and still win. It's easy, LeBron is smart he knew what he was doing.

RedBlackAttack
No. It's a double-standard.
No. It's not.

It isn't even close to the same thing. :oldlol:

bl2k8
I could have sworn that Shaq was traded from Orlando :wtf: I must be imagining things :confusedshrug:. Either way just because they all came together doesn't mean they aren't working hard, both Wade and Lebron have taken great strides in improving their defense hell even Bosh is playing better defense then he ever has. I frankly don't understand all the hate these dudes get they have the right to do whatever the **** they want. The only thing people should get mad at is the fact that they celebrate too god damn much(especially before they even played a game together).
you guys keep saying Kobe/Shaq vs bron/wade but where was Kobe and Shaq's 3rd all star?

DonDadda59
06-01-2011, 12:15 AM
Darkness, please cease and desist. :no:

When Shaq was traded to the Lakers, Kobe was a rookie averaging 8 PPG coming off the bench not an ATG SG in his prime with a championship and finals MVP already to his credit. Clearly not the same scenario.

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2011, 12:16 AM
you guys keep saying Kobe/Shaq vs bron/wade but where was Kobe and Shaq's 3rd all star?
Rick Fox.

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Darkness
:roll:

Samurai Swoosh

Good Point.

DonDadda59
Darkness, please cease and desist. :no:

When Shaq was traded to the Lakers, Kobe was a rookie averaging 8 PPG coming off the bench not an ATG SG in his prime with a championship and finals MVP already to his credit. Clearly not the same scenario.

Forgot the 20/10 all star tag along that came with the deal. What a bargain!

Replay32
:lol

tpols
Yup here's another point.. the lakers supporting cast outside of kobe and shaq was FAR worse than miami's outside of wade and bron. Not close.

And a rookie growing up over multiple years and turning into a great player alongside another great player is TOTALLY different from two players that have already established themselves as great joining forces from separate teams in their primes..

Heat007
06-01-2011, 12:18 AM
your tears are delicious

Agreed !!

:banana:

Bigsmoke
06-01-2011, 12:18 AM

wasnt the Magic Shaq's team back then?

PowerGlove
06-01-2011, 12:20 AM

No. It took YEARS for that tandem to start a dynasty.. thats what I meant by homegrown duo. Orlando was LONG out of the picture when LA started winning titles.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/onealsh01.html

Dude was f*cking MVP candidate playing with penny.....then he left

RedBlackAttack
wasnt the Magic Shaq's team back then?
The Magic traded Shaq, dumb-dumb.

3zazer1
Lets be fair. Kobe wasn't a Superstar when Shaq joined them. Its not like they planned the shit 2 years in advance like the Heat did.

Lebron23
06-01-2011, 12:21 AM
The Magic traded Shaq, dumb-dumb.

Why did Shaq wanted to signed with the Lakers? Orlando Magic Shaq had a better supporting casts than Cleveland LeBron.

kaiiu
06-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Just think... The Heat have 25/10 guy on the team..and hes the 3RD OPTION :eek:

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2011, 12:22 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/onealsh01.html

Dude was f*cking MVP candidate playing with penny.....then he left
...to go to a team that was in total rebuilding mode at the time without a single player that could be deemed a 'Robin' to his 'Batman.'

The scenarios are NOT comparable in the least. Please stop.

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2011, 12:23 AM
Why did Shaq wanted to signed with the Lakers? Orlando Magic Shaq had a better supporting casts than Cleveland LeBron.
He didn't 'signed' with the Lakers... He was traded there. :hammerhead:

ShannonElements
06-01-2011, 12:24 AM
No. It's not.

It isn't even close to the same thing. :oldlol:

Yes, it is. The only difference is how these stacked teams were formed. We already went over this. You're mad and raging about the Heat because of HOW they were formed(and...because they have Lebron James), even though there have been several teams throughout history with just as much or more talent. Yet because of this Heat team you want the rules to be changed. Means to an end. A stacked team is a stacked team. I really don't care how it happened.

Agree to disagree. We agree on pretty much everything else, so it's cool.

Lebron23
06-01-2011, 12:25 AM
He didn't 'signed' with the Lakers... He was traded there. :hammerhead:

LeBron was also technically traded to the Miami Heat. (SIgn and trade)

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/7/8/1559490/lebron-james-decision-nba-free-agency-heat-cavaliers-espn

Heat007
your tears taste so good !!!

WE DA BESS BlTCHES !!

and SUCK ON IT !!

Suck it, suck it, SUCK IT UP GOOD !! Slurp it all up... cause I know you love the juice smacking all over your faces !!!

RedBlackAttack
Here was the Lakers team the season before Shaq joined them...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/1996.html

Yep... Completely the same. :hammerhead:

Batz
your tears are delicious
Well that can't be healthy.

LEFT4DEAD
06-01-2011, 12:26 AM
One long decade I tell ya!

TBone
06-01-2011, 12:29 AM

So did Boston. When Pierce, KG, and Allen got together, they ran over everyone. There are teams out there now that can compete with the Heat, but right now I'm not gonna worry about that. I'm just gonna enjoy our game 1 victory. Let's go Heat!!! :rockon:

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Yes, it is. The only difference is how these stacked teams were formed. We already went over this. You're mad and raging about the Heat because of HOW they were formed(and...because they have Lebron James), even though there have been several teams throughout history with just as much or more talent. Yet because of this Heat team you want the rules to be changed. Means to an end. A stacked team is a stacked team. I really don't care how it happened.

Agree to disagree. We agree on pretty much everything else, so it's cool.
I can't remember a single instance of arguably the best two players in the league playing on the same team... Ever. That goes beyond 'how' they did it.

Again, watching the fourth quarter of this Finals game was like watching some kind of all-star exhibition at an offseason camp or something... Just overwhelming talent. That is what it has come to.

PowerGlove
06-01-2011, 12:31 AM
...to go to a team that was in total rebuilding mode at the time without a single player that could be deemed a 'Robin' to his 'Batman.'

The scenarios are NOT comparable in the least. Please stop.

SMH.

The team won 53 games the season prior to shaq's arrival, what are you smoking?:facepalm

Lebron23
06-01-2011, 12:33 AM
Count me in. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

tpols
06-01-2011, 12:33 AM
So did Boston. When Pierce, KG, and Allen got together, they ran over everyone. There are teams out there now that can compete with the Heat, but right now I'm not gonna worry about that. I'm just gonna enjoy our game 1 victory. Let's go Heat!!! :rockon:
Yup.. but did you read my first post?

I was saying how there's decreased competitio in the league right now.

The 08 celtics had to compete with the kobe-gasol-odom lakers who were a very very good team..

Who do the present heat have to deal with now? The celtics AND the lakers were way, way better a few years ago than they are now and than they will be next year.. Unless chicago or NY make some big moves, we'll be seeing the heat cakewalk through the playoffs for the next several years just like they did this year.

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2011, 12:35 AM
SMH.

The team won 53 games the season prior to shaq's arrival, what are you smoking?:facepalm
Are you saying Cedric Ceballos + Eddie Jones > Dwyane Wade + Chris Bosh?

Because, in order to make the argument that you are trying to make, Shaq had to have some kind of overwhelming talent in LA that he was aiming toward. So, who was it? Nick Van Exel?

bl2k8
06-01-2011, 12:35 AM
Yup.. but did you read my first post?

I was saying how there's decreased competitio in the league right now.

The 08 celtics had to compete with the kobe-gasol-odom lakers who were a very very good team..

Who do the present heat have to deal with now? The celtics AND the lakers were way, way better a few years ago than they are now and than they will be next year.. Unless chicago or NY make some big moves, we'll be seeing the heat cakewalk through the playoffs for the next several years just like they did this year.
no what you'll see is more corniness, Howard will put in a call to his all friends, and so on and so forth. It's gonna be like AAU

Mr. I'm So Rad
06-01-2011, 12:38 AM
no what you'll see is more corniness, Howard will put in a call to his all friends, and so on and so forth. It's gonna be like AAU

we won't need an all-star weekend we'll just have the regular season

Indian guy
06-01-2011, 12:39 AM
RBA, you can't go doubting Miami all season while citing all types of personnel/talent/chemistry issues, pick against them at every turn even as recently as 2 weeks ago, then do a complete about turn and play the "they are too talented to lose" card as soon as they begin winning. You are just making excuses to come to terms with LeBron being this close to a ring, nothing more. You can be a hypocrite and try to discredit LeBron all you want, but nobody's buying your act.

PowerGlove
06-01-2011, 12:40 AM
Are you saying Cedric Ceballos + Eddie Jones > Dwyane Wade + Chris Bosh?

Because, in order to make the argument that you are trying to make, Shaq had to have some kind of overwhelming talent in LA that he was aiming toward. So, who was it? Nick Van Exel?

You are acting like an idiot. I never said that his team was greater. That's not my point. My argument is that Shaq went to a team that was a playoff contender with good players after that team traded up in the draft to grab a player in a top three draft class ever?

If that's fair, then you shouldnt complain about anything at all. There was nothing homegrown about that at all. Just because they weren't successful right away doesnt mean much at all, Kobe just needed time to grow.

bl2k8
06-01-2011, 12:41 AM
RBA, you can't go doubting Miami all season, pick against them at every turn even as recently as 2 weeks ago, then play the "they are too talented to lose" card as soon as they begin winning. You are just making excuses to come to terms with LeBron being this close to a ring, nothing more. You can be a hypocrite and try to discredit LeBron all you want, but nobody's buying your act.
you can hang on to the guys that doubted MIA but there were people like myself who knew the Heat were eventually gonna win multiple titles even if they didn't win this year, it's inevitable. I had MIA cakewalking to the Finals

Balla_Status
06-01-2011, 12:43 AM
Piss me off.

Dampier doesn't deserve a ring at all.

Dirk will right the ship. Mavericks will pull this off.

The fact that those three butt-brains are that much closer pisses me off.

Vragrant
06-01-2011, 12:44 AM
deal with it sonny boy. I had to put up with the Lakers back to back rings. didn't like it, but thats life. you can do the same if Miami wins.

Exactly, I've had to go through a decade of watching the stacked Lakers teams rack up 5 titles. Miami has not even won one yet and fans are ready to quit watching the NBA?

Its not fair:cry:

RedBlackAttack
RBA, you can't go doubting Miami all season while citing all types of personnel/talent/chemistry issues, pick against them at every turn even as recently as 2 weeks ago, then do a complete about turn and play the "they are too talented to lose" card as soon as they begin winning. You are just making excuses to come to terms with LeBron being this close to a ring, nothing more. You can be a hypocrite and try to discredit LeBron all you want, but nobody's buying your act.
I always prefaced every analysis of the Heat all season by saying that they may be able to overwhelm teams with talent. Go back and read the posts/threads.

That is exactly what has happened. Their offense is still a train-wreck, but it is too much talent to contain. And, this isn't an act... It is the truth.

I know that you want everyone to believe that James is willing this band of overachievers to a realm that no one could have ever imagined, but anyone who watches the games can see what is happening...

Too much talent... Period. It isn't beautiful basketball. It isn't an incredible team effort by a roster of perfect parts.

It is overwhelming talent.

Patrick Chewing
I can't remember a single instance of arguably the best two players in the league playing on the same team... Ever. That goes beyond 'how' they did it.

Again, watching the fourth quarter of this Finals game was like watching some kind of all-star exhibition at an offseason camp or something... Just overwhelming talent. That is what it has come to.

This.

For all you Heat clowns that don't understand

Theoo's Daddy
06-01-2011, 12:46 AM
Dampier does. Pat riley really never wanted to sign another center, but the pressure from the public scrutiny and the 9-8 start made him do it. Dampier improved the heat defense when they were on that 22-1 run. :bowdown: . He deserve's a ring if miami win's it.

inclinerator
06-01-2011, 12:46 AM
lol

pmj
06-01-2011, 12:47 AM

IDK how old you are, but when I watched the Bulls when I was young, I routinely heard people call Pippen the #2 player in the league at the time. Kobe and Shaq also come to mind.

Samurai Swoosh
06-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Exactly, I've had to go through a decade of watching the stacked Lakers teams rack up 5 titles. Miami has not even won one yet and fans are ready to quit watching the NBA?

Its not fair:cry:
When were the Lakers of the 2000's EVER "stacked"?

:oldlol:

Gundress
06-01-2011, 12:50 AM

Thank you thank :cheers: :cheers:

Young kids don't understand this shit.

Samurai Swoosh
06-01-2011, 12:50 AM
I always prefaced every analysis of the Heat all season by saying that they may be able to overwhelm teams with talent. Go back and read the posts/threads.

That is exactly what has happened. Their offense is still a train-wreck, but it is too much talent to contain. And, this isn't an act... It is the truth.

I know that you want everyone to believe that James is willing this band of overachievers to a realm that no one could have ever imagined, but anyone who watches the games can see what is happening...

Too much talent... Period. It isn't beautiful basketball. It isn't an incredible team effort by a roster of perfect parts.

Indian Guy ... this post is nothing but truth, though.

Very well stated, my dude.

Patrick Chewing
06-01-2011, 12:51 AM
IDK how old you are, but when I watched the Bulls when I was young, I routinely heard people call Pippen the #2 player in the league at the time. Kobe and Shaq also come to mind.

Olajuwon
Barkley
Wilkins
Ewing
Robinson
Shaq
Malone

All better than Scotty Pipps

SebasMiamiFan
Dampier does. Pat riley really never wanted to sign another center, but the pressure from the public scrutiny and the 9-8 start made him do it. Dampier improved the heat defense when they were on that 22-1 run. :bowdown: . He deserve's a ring if miami win's it.

This.

Vragrant
When were the Lakers of the 2000's EVER "stacked"?

:oldlol: Im laughing at you laughing at that statement.

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2011, 12:52 AM
Nope and nope. Lived through the Lakers and Celtics years, lived through the Bulls dominance, lived through Kobe/Shaq.

Never were any of those teams owners of the two best players in the league. Arguing otherwise is just a little crazy. Pippen was a great player, but second best in the league? Never.

Kingwillball
06-01-2011, 12:52 AM
People tend to overreact to Game 1's - if you recall the East Finals everyone thought Chicago was set to thump Miami after that 20 pt beatdown and then what happened?

True but that was a different scenario.. Miami played Poorly with no energy and there main Guys had subpar efforts.. NOTHING is gonna change the fact Miami has 3 of the top 4 players in the series and Plays better Defense..

Theoo's Daddy
06-01-2011, 12:53 AM
I have cuban cigars on deck too!! :oldlol:

comerb
06-01-2011, 12:53 AM

I've been seeing beautiful team defense all post-season from the Heat.

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2011, 12:54 AM
Going to bed, guys... Have a good night.

We'll get Part II of the all-star exhibition on Thursday night.

Not really looking forward to it. But, g'night. :cheers:

LEFT4DEAD
06-01-2011, 12:54 AM
Miami is winning their games with defense not offense fcking retards.

Indian guy
06-01-2011, 12:55 AM
I always prefaced every analysis of the Heat all season by saying that they may be able to overwhelm teams with talent.

I perfectly remember what you said. You said they would be able to overwhelm BAD teams, not good teams. After every failed attempt to beat a good opponent, you'd be on this board within seconds to gloat about how they just didn't have the necessary personnel and chemistry to beat TOP teams. You then went on to pick Boston and Chicago against them in the playoffs, continuing your trend of picking the ELITE against them. You never prefaced these predictions with anything, you flat out picked Miami to lose.

Their offense is still a train-wreck

Their offense ranked #3 in the regular season. #4 in these playoffs while going up against the #1, #2 and #8th ranked defense thus far. Their offense has been the OPPOSITE of a train-wreck. They have proven themselves to be a GREAT offensive team all year.

I'm not saying that at all. It's obviously a very talented team - just like ALL championship teams. Nothing more.

Sorry, nobody's buying it. You can't pick against a team all season while citing legitimate weaknesses on their roster only to conveniently play the "too talented" card when things stop going your way.

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2011, 12:56 AM
I've been seeing beautiful team defense all post-season from the Heat.
Yep, you'll have that when arguably the two best perimeter defenders go to the same team.

Talent.

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2011, 12:57 AM
Sorry, nobody's buying it. You can't pick against a team all season only to conveniently play the "too talented" card when thing stop going your way.
Can and will...

Just as I noted the 'talent' thing as soon as the 'Decision' was made. Also, notice that -- like -- 90 percent of posts in this thread are agreeing with me.

So, yeah... People are buying it... As they should. Because it is the truth.

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2011, 12:59 AM
Man, you were failing whole season long just like every hater. Why are you botherin' now?
Failing at what?

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2011, 01:01 AM
lol these dudes can't even deny it, ur mad ur a hater
u no u cnt b seros bro nutin but h8ters

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2011, 01:02 AM
Well, this thread is about tapped.

JChurches
06-01-2011, 01:24 AM
We Da Besssssss

gilalizard
06-01-2011, 01:27 AM
It was a fair game.

Nope. Miami got a lot of bad calls their way in the third that helped disrupt Dallas and push Miami into the lead.

Patrick Chewing
06-01-2011, 01:30 AM
http://cruiselinehistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/gay_cruise_1992_tzd4.jpg

JChurches
06-01-2011, 01:31 AM
Nope. Miami got a lot of bad calls their way in the third that helped disrupt Dallas and push Miami into the lead.

Nope. Your saddness makes me happy. Is that strange?

PianoMan
06-01-2011, 01:33 AM
Then why do you guys continue to watch them? And if you guys keep saying that's its not fair and its impossible to beat the big three then why do you guys keep hoping? Please do us a favor and just stop watching them. We heard it all this season that they are nothing but cheats, refs help them, its not fair, super team blah blah blah just shut up. And people on here saying they are boring? But it seems like they entertaining ya because ya on here making about 100 threads and replying about 100 times about the heat. Just please stop making threads about them and stop watching them. They are grown people let them do what they wanna do. It's just people that ya don't even know in real life but just see them on t.v, get a life. Its just funny when they lose ya make threads about how the heat is going to lose the series because of tough defensive teams but when they win oh " i knew it they got the big three its too easy for them".

mmsupra
06-01-2011, 01:34 AM
Then why do you guys continue to watch them? And if you guys keep saying that's its not fair and its impossible to beat the big three then why do you guys keep hoping? Please do us a favor and just stop watching them. We heard it all this season that they are nothing but cheats, refs help them, its not fair, super team blah blah blah just shut up. And people on here saying they are boring? But it seems like they entertaining ya because ya on here making about 100 threads and replying about 100 times about the heat. Just please stop making threads about them and stop watching them. They are grown people let them do what they wanna do. It's just people that ya don't even know in real life but just see them on t.v, get a life. Its just funny when they lose ya make threads about how the heat is going to lose the series because of tough defensive teams but when they win oh " i knew it they got the big three its too easy for them".
What should I do?

Slum Village11
06-01-2011, 01:37 AM
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8278/rozzay.gif

gilalizard
06-01-2011, 01:38 AM
Nope. Your saddness makes me happy. Is that strange?

Hmmm... I don't feel sad...

Try again.

Bosnian Sajo
06-01-2011, 01:43 AM
I like em...but its the NBA Finals, you asking people not to watch the NBA Finals?

kaiiu
06-01-2011, 01:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGdIfo0stoo&feature=player_detailpage

PianoMan
06-01-2011, 01:44 AM
I like em...but its the NBA Finals, you asking people not to watch the NBA Finals?
Im talkin about the haters on this board. If you like em you ain't got nothing to worry about

YAWN
06-01-2011, 01:46 AM
Are you really asking people on an NBA basketball forum why they are watching the NBA Finals?

NuggetsFan
06-01-2011, 01:47 AM
Seen that other thread closed so decided to say f*ck it and make another one about some of the things going on in there.

All season long people(including myself at times) questioned the Heat's ability to mesh together, and make it work. We laughed at Chris Bosh trying to play in the 3rd option roles at times, ruined him for being soft. We watched game after game after gaaame of them not being able to close teams out and failing miserably in the clutch. Now you got people(that RBA guy) saying there simply just grinding teams out in the end of the games with talent? 2 months ago the entire world watched them fail in the clutch. Just because LeBron and Wade start dropping jumpers all of a sudden it's purely talent winning the games? Isn't that just stepping up at the right time?.

Miami's lack of big man. Depth. Heck the not 2, not 3, but 7 championships or w.e had people on here cracking up for months, tearing them apart.

Now all of a sudden they win CLOSE games and it's completely unfair, and there impossible to beat?. Is it just me that's doesn't view them as unbeatable?. Derrick Rose shot like 14% in the 4th|OT in that series. 35% for the series. It should have a been a blow out. However the Bulls kept the games close. People act as if there steamrolling through teams like the Lakers did.

Miami Heat got 90% of the basketball world butthurt. What's unfair is a 7'1 300 pound man with a 35+ inch vert being able to play basketball. Ya the Heat teamed up in a complete ***** way and have arguably 2 of the best players in the game(Depending on where you have Dwight) + a solid third option in Bosh. Only difference between them and L.A earlier in the decade? Shaq is better than 'Bron, Kobe's right there with them but they never had a 3rd option like Bosh.

Every team that wins the championship is usually stacked. Always going to be exceptions but people are starting to act like every single superstar put his team on his back for 16 games and defied all the odds.

People are just pissed they pulled it off, and rightfully so. Just annoying seeing everybody all of a sudden jump to the overwhelming talent, unfair, impossible side when everyone and there mother questioned how successful it would be. Not to mention it's only game 1. Just check people's reactions after the Bulls dummied Miami in game 1.

\rant.

Bosnian Sajo
06-01-2011, 01:47 AM
This.

That.

Mr. Jabbar
06-01-2011, 02:09 AM
Are you really asking people on an NBA basketball forum why they are watching the NBA Finals?

:lol

Stuckey
06-01-2011, 02:15 AM
juwan deserves one

1Time4YourMind
06-01-2011, 02:16 AM
No he's pointing out how hypocritical and stupid Heat haters can be, to the point where it just makes you want to sympathize with the Heat despite the sh1t they pulled last summer.

Patrick Chewing
06-01-2011, 02:18 AM
And if they get it, they will all be better than Dirk, Chewing, Barkley, and Malone right?

insidehoops
06-01-2011, 02:18 AM
People are just pissed they pulled it off, and rightfully so. Just annoying seeing everybody all of a sudden jump to the overwhelming talent, unfair, impossible side when everyone and there mother questioned how successful it would be..

Pretty much.

I have no problem with it. I just wish the Heat were a little more fun to watch. I'm not the biggest fan of isolation-driven offenses. Their D is great to watch, though

TheAnchorman
06-01-2011, 02:27 AM
NuggetsFan hit it right on the mark. Everyone kept saying the Heat sucked and they had no depth at all early in the season, but now that they're in the Finals and they've won the game the excuses have been:

1) the refs (we see this sh1t pulled every Finals by sore losers/cry-babies, it has to stop)
or
2) Cheap unfair move by Miami and theya re just winning by pure talent alone

Face it, Miami has been playing great basketball and beating their opposition because of great D and the fact that the Big 3 have played really well together, something that MOST of us (I am guilty of this as well) thought they wouldn't be able to do immediately. Anyone who can't admit what they've done throughout the year is just a bitter, jaded fan that needs to take off his homer glasses.

bl2k8
06-01-2011, 02:29 AM
NuggetsFan hit it right on the mark. Everyone kept saying the Heat sucked and they had no depth at all early in the season, but now that they're in the Finals and they've won the game the excuses have been:

1) the refs (we see this sh1t pulled every Finals by sore losers/cry-babies, it has to stop)
or

Face it, Miami has been playing great basketball and beating their opposition because of great D and the fact that the Big 3 have played really well together, something that MOST of us (I am guilty of this as well) thought they wouldn't be able to do immediately. Anyone who can't admit what they've done throughout the year is just a bitter, jaded fan that needs to take off his homer glasses.
you keep assuming everyone bought into the regular season downfalls to call everyone hypocrites. Anyone that knew basketball could see that it was going to be hard for anyone in the East to beat em 4 out of 7 times

Patrick Chewing
06-01-2011, 02:31 AM
The thing is, this is unprecedented though. This is like Jordan teaming up with Ewing or Barkley or going to a team like the Jazz with Stockton and Malone. Already having a top 3 or 4 player in the league makes it hard not to dislike them.

I think a lot of the animosity for the Heat truly stems from the lackluster fanbase the organization has had over the years. This is a city that doesn't show much interest in professional sports, so do you think they deserve to have a team like this??

If the Heat aren't winning, they aren't watching. Even if you have some of the greatest athletes in basketball, the fans will still be fickle.

TheAnchorman
06-01-2011, 02:36 AM
you keep assuming everyone bought into the regular season downfalls to call everyone hypocrites. Anyone that knew basketball could see that it was going to be hard for anyone in the East to beat em 4 out of 7 times
Hindsight is 20:20. You can technically make that statement for any Eastern conference champion, really.

After the Bulls destroyed the Heat in game 1 it was basically "game over", "Bulls defense are gonna choke Lebron and Wade they cant possibly win 4 games", or in the Celts series "their experience gonna win over", "Lebron is LeChoke"... speaking of which, everyone was making fun of Lebron calling him a choker, unclutch, etc. but now after his amazing performances its like people are saying the opposite. I don't recall a lot of people making playoff predictions about Lebron being clutch, do you?

It happens every year. Last year it was the Lakers, everyone was saying "you can't beat Kobe + Lakers frontline 4 games out of 7" but only after the Celtics were beaten. I wish ISH had a search function so I could bring up threads like those. Ppl act like they're Nostradamus but ONLY after the fact.

PowerGlove
06-01-2011, 02:38 AM
LMFAO, it was me and Indian guy and maybe two or so other people saying that before the playoffs. Everyone else was saying they wouldnt win the championship til next year.

TheAnchorman
06-01-2011, 02:39 AM
I think a lot of the animosity for the Heat truly stems from the lackluster fanbase the organization has had over the years. This is a city that doesn't show much interest in professional sports, so do you think they deserve to have a team like this??

If the Heat aren't winning, they aren't watching. Even if you have some of the greatest athletes in basketball, the fans will still be fickle.
That is true as well. The attendance was HORRIBLE during the 07-08 season, and the fans during Game 1 were basically lackluster until the 4th quarter. Fact is, they should be batsh1t crazy the entire game. Really pissed me off, made the game seem boring at times.

See Game 7 WCF 2000; in that time Staples Center was the place to be... Rice hits a 3 pter on one of the 1st possessions of the game and the crowd erupts as if he hit a Finals-winning Game 7 buzzer beater... and its only been a l ittle over a minute into the game.

LMFAO, it was me and Indian guy and maybe two or so other people saying that before the playoffs. Everyone else was saying they wouldnt win the championship til next year.
Basically. Hell I thought the Bulls would win the ECFs after that Game 1 drubbing, boy was I wrong.

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2011, 02:40 AM

or

Please.

My analysis of the Heat during the regular season was simply critiquing what I saw as offensive conflicts when James and Wade are both involved in the same offense. It results in basically the two guys taking turns isolating and they don't make one another better.

However, I have been completely consistent in claiming -- since July -- that the Heat have a ridiculous amount of talent and that the way that they would have to win was to overwhelm teams with said talent... Which is exactly what they have done, on both sides of the ball.

Hell, go back and read my thoughts on the matter in JULY when the thing was announced. I was saying the same things that I'm saying now, except with a bit more anger, since James had just completed that mockery of a television show.

This is a post I made FROM JULY in the thread LeBron Is Not A Ring Chaser (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181978&page=7):

He had several other options outside of Cleveland. If he would have chosen NY, NJ, Chicago, or the Clips, I wouldn't have liked it and I would still be heartbroken, but he would have still had a chance to build his own legacy.

He took the easiest possible path and his legacy shall reflect it. This kind of move is unprecedented in the NBA. You can continue to babble about what Kobe did or what KAJ and Magic did, but none of those situations are remotely comparable to this one.

Here is the simple fact:

LeBron James, entering his physical prime at the age of 25, chose to join a team with arguably the second best player in the NBA who is also in his prime.

Throw in arguably the best PF in the NBA also in his prime for good measure.

You keep saying that I'm wrong, but until you show me an example of a legendary figure in this league doing something remotely similar in his prime and with other great players in their prime, you aren't going to win this debate.

Just know that you are in an extreme minority. The growing consensus is that LeBron has taken the easy way out. Even the crew discussing the move after that farce (The Decision) eluded to it.

If LeBron had a goal of becoming a Top 5 all-timer, that ended tonight. It isn't because he left Cleveland (although that certainly didn't help), but because he chose Miami.

I'm done with this pointless back-and-forth.

I'm not as emotionally involved in this thing now as I was then, so you aren't going to hear the seething anger in my posts today that you could see last July, but the premise is the same. I haven't changed my stance one iota and the fact that the Heat are now 14-3 in these playoffs has pretty much confirmed what I said almost a year ago.

Just because I questioned whether or not the Heat fit together well from an offensive standpoint does not mean that I ever wavered on the idea that this union killed the competitive balance of the league.

What this team is doing does not impress me... Sorry.

bl2k8
06-01-2011, 02:41 AM
Hindsight is 20:20. You can technically make that statement for any Eastern conference champion, really.

After the Bulls destroyed the Heat in game 1 it was basically "game over", "Bulls defense are gonna choke Lebron and Wade they cant possibly win 4 games", or in the Celts series "their experience gonna win over", "Lebron is LeChoke"... speaking of which, everyone was making fun of Lebron calling him a choker, unclutch, etc. but now after his amazing performances its like people are saying the opposite. I don't recall a lot of people making playoff predictions about Lebron being clutch, do you?

It happens every year. Last year it was the Lakers, everyone was saying "you can't beat Kobe + Lakers frontline 4 games out of 7" but only after the Celtics were beaten. I wish ISH had a search function so I could bring up threads like those. Ppl act like they're Nostradamus but ONLY after the fact.
No you could not say that about any Eastern Conference team this year. The Bulls squeaked out wins against Miami, nobody picked them to beat MIA. MIA was close in two of there games against Boston towards the end. You can catch any team slippin in the regular season and you can catch em slippin more than once.

But history shows teams like MIA don't lose in seven game series often unless they are going up a team that can match their firepower. You were dealing with people who were ecstatic to see miami fall early on.

Simple Jack
06-01-2011, 03:02 AM
Completely different scenario and set of circumstances... You know this. In this case, the two best players in the NBA decided to join forces in their prime. That Lakers team actually grew together.

It couldn't be anymore different.

This was the outcome that I feared most when this tandem was announced... That they would just overwhelm teams with talent. I feel like I'm watching some kind of all-star exhibition game... And it is the NBA Finals.

So it's not about the situation on the court but rather how the situation arose?

blacknapalm
06-01-2011, 03:11 AM
next decade? so you don't think teams will counteract? you don't think players will take notice and do something similar? miami set their cap room very nicely but it's hard to go on any kind of prolonged dynasty. i think miami has a great chance to repeat (considering they win this one), but let's not get crazy. seriously at least expound. at least have an argument. are you saying they'll be going on a chicago-esque run with 6 championships in a decade?

no team has gone on a 4-peat since the 60's. let's at least wait till they repeat in dominating fashion before we make a thread like this. let's wait for the new CBA. let's see if they can pick up a PG or chalmers develops more. :banghead:

teams immeditaely on the horizon:
OKC
MEM
CHI

potential:
LA
NY/NJ
ATL'
ORL

and usually a couple more surprise teams will pop in there. a lot can happen via FA, trades and drafts.

04mzwach
06-01-2011, 03:16 AM
one of the worst overreaction threads ever. :applause:

joe
06-01-2011, 03:17 AM
Kobe & Shaq teaming up in 2011 would be like if..

Dwight Howard signed with the Raptors, they drafted a young stud, and eventually became a dominant team.

Lebron, Wade, & Bosh teaming up in 2001, would be like if..

Shaq, Tim Duncan, and T-Mac took less money to play in San Antonio, the entire state of Texas hopped on the bandwagon, and called anyone who *facepalmed* a hater.

ballerz
06-01-2011, 03:24 AM
one of the worst overreaction threads ever. :applause:
Yep, One win and there going to start one of the goat dynasties

joe
06-01-2011, 03:27 AM
Michael Jordan & Scottie Pippen teaming up in 2011, would be like if..

The Cavaliers drafted a young stud to play with Lebron, and they eventually grew to become a dominant tandem, winning multiple titles.

Lebron, Wade, & Bosh teaming up in 1988, would be like if..

Jordan opted out of his contract with the Bulls, and signed with the Rockets, along with Hakeem and Clyde Drexler. The entire state of Texas hopped on the bandwagon, and called everyone who *facepalmed* a hater.

KingBeasley08
06-01-2011, 09:13 AM
bunch of crybabies in this thread :oldlol:

Foster5k
06-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Made this prediction a long ass time ago. I don't need fools on ISH to tell me who's going to win a damn NBA championship. In Miami's case, multiple championships.

dynasty1978
06-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Please.

My analysis of the Heat during the regular season was simply critiquing what I saw as offensive conflicts when James and Wade are both involved in the same offense. It results in basically the two guys taking turns isolating and they don't make one another better.

However, I have been completely consistent in claiming -- since July -- that the Heat have a ridiculous amount of talent and that the way that they would have to win was to overwhelm teams with said talent... Which is exactly what they have done, on both sides of the ball.

Hell, go back and read my thoughts on the matter in JULY when the thing was announced. I was saying the same things that I'm saying now, except with a bit more anger, since James had just completed that mockery of a television show.

This is a post I made FROM JULY in the thread LeBron Is Not A Ring Chaser (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181978&page=7):

I'm not as emotionally involved in this thing now as I was then, so you aren't going to hear the seething anger in my posts today that you could see last July, but the premise is the same. I haven't changed my stance one iota and the fact that the Heat are now 14-3 in these playoffs has pretty much confirmed what I said almost a year ago.

Just because I questioned whether or not the Heat fit together well from an offensive standpoint does not mean that I ever wavered on the idea that this union killed the competitive balance of the league.

What this team is doing does not impress me... Sorry.

Well stated.

PowerGlove
06-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Kobe & Shaq teaming up in 2011 would be like if..

Dwight Howard signed with the Raptors, they drafted a young stud, and eventually became a dominant team.

Lebron, Wade, & Bosh teaming up in 2001, would be like if..

Shaq, Tim Duncan, and T-Mac took less money to play in San Antonio, the entire state of Texas hopped on the bandwagon, and called anyone who *facepalmed* a hater.
:roll: This is what you would describe as crying.

Prime Bosh=Prime Mcgrady?
Prime Bosh=Prime Duncan?
Prime Bosh=Prime Shaq?

All three of those are f*cking stupid as hell to say, so which one were you equating Bosh too?

Also, Duncan ALMOST went to Orlando to join T-mac and Grant Hill. I'm sure people wouldnt cry like this if that happened back then.

iggy>
06-01-2011, 10:10 AM
I can see them winning 3-4 straight

EnoughSaid
06-01-2011, 10:37 AM

STOP COPYING MY TOPICS!

Rasheed1
06-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Miami is winning their games with defense not offense fcking retards.

:applause: thank you to this poster..

Lost among all the b*tchin and whining about how good Wade & Lebron are (smh making head at that pathetic argument)

people dont seem to realize why Miami is winning these games.. Its because of their team defense.

Their defense is everywhere and that makes it just tough enough for the mavs that they wont be seeing any easy looks.. Dirk can overcome this defense, but no one else on the Mavs can do it consistently..

Meanwhile the Heat just keep grinding on offense.. they obviously can generate the points necessary to win these games..

All the people whining about Miami being too good, no competition, blah, blah, Just give up and stop watching please..

stop watching the NBA all together.. just give up and find another sport please... today..

Rasheed1
06-01-2011, 10:50 AM
:roll: This is what you would describe as crying.

Prime Bosh=Prime Mcgrady?
Prime Bosh=Prime Duncan?
Prime Bosh=Prime Shaq?

All three of those are f*cking stupid as hell to say, so which one were you equating Bosh too?

Also, Duncan ALMOST went to Orlando to join T-mac and Grant Hill. I'm sure people wouldnt cry like this if that happened back then.

yer right... All this crying and moaning is a new thing among fans... its pathetic too...

fans used to have more self respect than to be soo blatantly p*ssified

DMAVS41
06-01-2011, 11:52 AM
How could anyone say its unfair?

The Mavs played poorly last night and were within striking distance with 6 minutes left.

Unfair? No.

Super talented like many of the all time great teams in NBA history? Yes.

Dbrog
06-01-2011, 11:57 AM

Don't worry. The league is just in transition right now. Durant's Thunder will only get better, as will Rose's Bulls. The Knicks obviously have the potential to pick up another big time player to make them legit. Lakers are still very good...they lost to themselves this season (don't get me wrong, Dallas is nasty). Blake Griffin will eventually have a team somewhere that will be superbeast. Also don't forget, Blazers were looking like a dynasty when they drafted Oden. Then there was the Roy incident too. Some things just don't turn out as planned. Anyway...bottom line is there will be 3 or 4 legit title contenders soon (which is about as many as usual throughout history).

PP34Deuce
06-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Its gonna be an Arms race...

MIA will be trying for a Dalembert/Tyson Chandler center. Maybe haywood
CHicago has a guy liek Deng,a freak in rose, just need a dynamic 2guard and they get more dangerous
OKC has Harden,Westbrook,Durant with athletic bigs and just need bench shooters.
Portland is scary if Greg Oden is able to play 60 plus games because hes automatic 10-12-2-3 statlines with their defense and scorers.

People forget Wade will be the fastest guy to age on that MIA team and I dont think he will age gracefully like a KObe,Pierce,Ray Allen. Bosh will slowly be featured in the next 2 years.

swi7ch
06-01-2011, 12:13 PM
I hope players like CP3, D12, etc. all realize that it doesn't take one or two all-star teammates to win, but rather, one or two Hall of Fame teammates to win.

That's why I hope one of them goes to NYK and the other players follow suit by joining teams like LA, OKC, etc.

So unfortunate to watch guys like KG in his prime not winning a championship.

Alonzo Magic
06-02-2011, 09:08 AM
I'm not sure it is a problem that can be fixed... Been saying it all year and I will continue to say it... These guys make no sense to me as teammates.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5559347&postcount=941

whoops....

kaiiu
06-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Hope fully its a lockout to put a end to this shit

Gotterdammerung
06-02-2011, 10:51 AM
All the complainers and whiners in this thread need to deal with a few facts:

Despite being up 1-0 the Heat has problems.
They shot only 38.9%. In other words, they rely heavily on LeBron and Wade to hit their perimeter shots. Sure they're versatile and potent, but they're not terribly consistent from the bonus line (33% and 31% respectively this season). They hit 70% of their 3s in Game 1. Once that percentage drops back to the means, their offense is exposed as inefficient.
In game 1, the Heat performed well on the glass, above the norm. This shouldn't be taken for granted, given the larger sample size of their rebounding over the season and the playoffs.
Dallas held Miami to 0.88 points per possession & only 8 points from transition, in which Haslem fired blanks from the top of the key, Bibby bricked all of his shots, & Bosh was a horrible 5 of 18. So, because the Heat is deadly in transition, the Mavericks kept that under control and forced Wade/Bron to hit their jumpers. That wasn't enough for Game 1, but it could be for tonight. Dallas just needs to rebound better and hit a couple more shots and they'll steal homecourt.

HiphopRelated
06-02-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm just laughing @ all these people saying Miami has the 2 best players in the league

Hope that puts the Kobe argument to bed finally

winwin
06-18-2011, 10:12 AM
RedBlackAttack 1
the rest 0

the rest = Rasheed1 - PowerGlove - Simple Jack - heat007

winwin
06-18-2011, 10:17 AM
your tears taste so good !!!

WE DA BESS BlTCHES !!

and SUCK ON IT !!

Suck it, suck it, SUCK IT UP GOOD !! Slurp it all up... cause I know you love the juice smacking all over your faces !!!

ISH prostitute

NBAller
06-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Agreed. Heat 2012 champs.

kaiiu
06-18-2011, 03:41 PM
ha ha fvcking ha

BarberSchool
06-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Miami Heat Championship Cruise Is Docked At The Port Of Miami And Preparing To Ride Off Into The Caribbean. Get On Board Now While You Still CanScott Storch picked up a thorough cocaine problem and had to sell the boat. The saga continues.

NBAller
06-18-2011, 03:51 PM
ha ha fvcking ha

laggy ish dbl post fail**

NBAller
06-18-2011, 03:52 PM
ha ha fvcking ha

I don't think you're ready to accept Heat as ur future champs.

PowerGlove
06-18-2011, 04:01 PM
RedBlackAttack 1
the rest 0

the rest = Rasheed1 - PowerGlove - Simple Jack - heat007

The F8ck?

RBA was crying about the league not being competitive anymore. He's the one that looks foolish lol.

Stupid troll.

Mrofir
06-18-2011, 04:04 PM
The F8ck?

RBA was crying about the league not being competitive anymore. He's the one that looks foolish lol.

Stupid troll.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

PowerGlove
06-18-2011, 04:06 PM
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

What is that supposed to mean?

RedBlackAttack
06-18-2011, 04:12 PM
The F8ck?

Stupid troll.

I said as early as immediately after Game 1 that I still gave the Mavs a real chance in the Finals, because they play so well together as a team. I said that the Heat had not impressed me because they were simply overwhelming teams with talent and they still had not shown me that they could work well together as a team.

I still think that they tilted the competitive balance of the league, but not because they are some unbeatable entity, but because -- by putting three franchise players on one team -- they threw two organizations into the fire.

That is where the 'competitive balance' of the league is felt most... Not amongst the best teams in any respective leagues... The Yankees don't win championships every year. But, by loading up on so much talent, they assure the league that a large number of teams will be completely inconsequential.

But, whatever... Think what you will. One thing is for sure... I'm very happy with the way things turned out with this season. All of the stuff that I talked about all season (including a couple of weeks ago as demonstrated in this thread) about these guys still not working all that well together came to fruition in the Finals.

Hopefully, they never figure it out. The world will be a better place.

Samurai Swoosh
06-18-2011, 04:13 PM
What is that supposed to mean?
Maybe he's jerking off ...

Only legit explanation.

Hard to type with one hand, bro

NBAller
06-18-2011, 04:15 PM

I said as early as immediately after Game 1 that I still gave the Mavs a real chance in the Finals, because they play so well together as a team. I said that the Heat had not impressed me because they were simply overwhelming teams with talent and they still had not shown me that they could work well together as a team.

I still think that they tilted the competitive balance of the league, but not because they are some unbeatable entity, but because -- by putting three franchise players on one team -- they threw two organizations into the fire.

That is where the 'competitive balance' of the league is felt most... Not amongst the best teams in any respective leagues... The Yankees don't win championships every year. But, by loading up on so much talent, they assure the league that a large number of teams will be completely inconsequential.

But, whatever... Think what you will. One thing is for sure... I'm very happy with the way things turned out with this season. All of the stuff that I talked about all season (including a couple of weeks ago as demonstrated in this thread) about these guys still not working all that well together came to fruition in the Finals.

Hopefully, they never figure it out. The world will be a better place.

They got to the finals in their 1st year. They'll be champs soon. 2012 soon.

RedBlackAttack
06-18-2011, 04:18 PM
They got to the finals in their 1st year. They'll be champs soon. 2012 soon.
They lost to a team whose second best player was Jason Terry. While you completely attempt to forget about just how the season ended for the Heat and say, "they lost in the Finals... Big deal..."

The truth is, things laid out for them extremely well this season. It was the year that, unexpectedly, both the Lakers and Celtics fell off. The Magic were also a shell of their former selves. They played a Mavs team in the Finals that most people thought was going to lose in the first round against Portland.

This was a golden opportunity to win a championship that was lost. I will be surprised if next year's road to a title is as perfectly paved as this year's was.

PowerGlove
06-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Hope for a hard cap to be instituted this offseason, my friend. It is basically the only thing that will keep the league semi-competitive.
I was referring to this.

and this.

You were basically claiming that the only resistance the league could offer was through the new CBA.

Samurai Swoosh
06-18-2011, 04:22 PM
They lost to a team whose second best player was Jason Terry. While you completely attempt to forget about just how the season ended for the Heat and say, "they lost in the Finals... Big deal..."

The truth is, things laid out for them extremely well this season. It was the year that, unexpectedly, both the Lakers and Celtics fell off. The Magic were also a shell of their former selves. They played a Mavs team in the Finals that most people thought was going to lose in the first round against Portland.

This was a golden opportunity to win a championship that was lost. I will be surprised if next year's road to a title is as perfectly paved as this year's was.
Yup.

Especially with further improvement from the Bulls, Knicks, and if another super power is formed via D-Will, CP3, Dwight Howard, and whoever.

And that's just their conference.

People are underestimating this ...

And Miami will be forced to continue to re-load EVERY YEAR outside of the big 3 with small contracts for washed up veterans.

Trading Bosh for more well rounded pieces would actually probably be in their best interest. But Miami fans don't want to hear that ... they think they can have their cake and eat it too.

NBAller
06-18-2011, 04:28 PM

Err.... rather difficult to 'try' to forget about what just happened, no?

The Mavericks clearly had the better Team with Kidd, Terry, Stevenson, Dirk, Chandler.......while Heat had Wade, Bron, Bosh, and once a blue moon were their shooters making shots fall. 5 guys can guard 3, can't say 3 guys can guard 5.

Assuming the big 3 do work in this off season along with their role players, they've got next season in the bag IMO.

Anyway, Mavs, Lakers, Celtics all are aging faster ( meaning headed twords their decline) than the Heat making things easier for the Heat in the Long run.

By the way, the Jet isn't a joke. It's clear you aren't a Laker fan....cause the Jet raped them sideways.

kentatm
06-18-2011, 05:11 PM
All the complainers and whiners in this thread need to deal with a few facts:

Despite being up 1-0 the Heat has problems.
They shot only 38.9%. In other words, they rely heavily on LeBron and Wade to hit their perimeter shots. Sure they're versatile and potent, but they're not terribly consistent from the bonus line (33% and 31% respectively this season). They hit 70% of their 3s in Game 1. Once that percentage drops back to the means, their offense is exposed as inefficient.
In game 1, the Heat performed well on the glass, above the norm. This shouldn't be taken for granted, given the larger sample size of their rebounding over the season and the playoffs.
Dallas held Miami to 0.88 points per possession & only 8 points from transition, in which Haslem fired blanks from the top of the key, Bibby bricked all of his shots, & Bosh was a horrible 5 of 18. So, because the Heat is deadly in transition, the Mavericks kept that under control and forced Wade/Bron to hit their jumpers. That wasn't enough for Game 1, but it could be for tonight. Dallas just needs to rebound better and hit a couple more shots and they'll steal homecourt.

:applause:

RedBlackAttack
06-18-2011, 05:17 PM
I was referring to this.

and this.

You were basically claiming that the only resistance the league could offer was through the new CBA.
You realize that I was called out in this thread and others were bumped because I had been saying all season that I didn't think the Heat's parts made any sense together and that they were getting by on talent alone, right? The whole reason why I was having to defend my position in this thread were because Heat/LeBron fans felt it necessary to throw their success in my face and they thought it was a forgone conclusion that a title was on the way.

I stand by everything I said in this thread and others...

A. The Heat's pieces make no sense together. Wade and James are redundant and they will never bring out the best in one another. They may eventually win championships, but it will be by overwhelming opponents with talent offensively and not through the formation of a true team whose whole is better than the parts.

B. This team did tilt the competitive balance of the league. When you take the best players off of three good teams all in their primes and throw them together on one 'super' team, that is literally the definition of a competitive coup and concentration of power that leaves several teams out in the cold. It doesn't mean that they are guaranteed a championship... Just that several other teams are guaranteed to stink.

C. I do still completely believe that if a hard cap is not reached in the new CBA, we may be looking at a model of 'haves' and 'have nots' similar to what has been the case in the MLB. If James/Wade/Bosh started a trend that is continued by others, there will be 15-20 completely insignificant franchises.... And, I don't want to see that happen.

kentatm
06-18-2011, 05:32 PM
You realize that I was called out in this thread and others were bumped because I had been saying all season that I didn't think the Heat's parts made any sense together and that they were getting by on talent alone, right? The whole reason why I was having to defend my position in this thread were because Heat/LeBron fans felt it necessary to throw their success in my face and they thought it was a forgone conclusion that a title was on the way.

I stand by everything I said in this thread and others...

A. The Heat's pieces make no sense together. Wade and James are redundant and they will never bring out the best in one another. They may eventually win championships, but it will be by overwhelming opponents with talent offensively and not through the formation of a true team whose whole is better than the parts.

B. This team did tilt the competitive balance of the league. When you take the best players off of three good teams all in their primes and throw them together on one 'super' team, that is literally the definition of a competitive coup and concentration of power that leaves several teams out in the cold. It doesn't mean that they are guaranteed a championship... Just that several other teams are guaranteed to stink.

C. I do still completely believe that if a hard cap is not reached in the new CBA, we may be looking at a model of 'haves' and 'have nots' similar to what has been the case in the MLB. If James/Wade/Bosh started a trend that is continued by others, there will be 15-20 completely insignificant franchises.... And, I don't want to see that happen.

A is only true if you believe if LeBron and Wade are incapable of changing their games. As they operate now, you are correct that they do not compliment one another very well. However, there is always the possibility they learn how to play off the ball while adding to their offensive games.

With B, they technically only took the best player from two teams since Wade stayed in Miami. I see your point but did losing Bosh really guarantee that Toronto would be bad when they already kind of sucked with him?

with C I disagree that a hard cap alone would create competitive balance. Yes, the NFL has a hard cap but the major difference is NFL contracts are not guaranteed. Hell, they can even take away your signing bonus in some cases. A hard cap will not work very well as long as the contracts are guaranteed b/c teams will still get screwed with next gen Eddie Curry types.

RedBlackAttack
06-18-2011, 05:39 PM
A is only true if you believe if LeBron and Wade are incapable of changing their games. As they operate now, you are correct that they do not compliment one another very well. However, there is always the possibility they learn how to play off the ball while adding to their offensive games.

With B, they technically only took the best player from two teams since Wade stayed in Miami. I see your point but did losing Bosh really guarantee that Toronto would be bad when they already kind of sucked with him?

with C I disagree that a hard cap alone would create competitive balance. Yes, the NFL has a hard cap but the major difference is NFL contracts are not guaranteed. Hell, they can even take away your signing bonus in some cases. A hard cap will not work very well as long as the contracts are guaranteed b/c teams will still get screwed with next gen Eddie Curry types.

Going to the Indians-Pirates game. Will respond when I return. :cheers:

3zazer1
06-18-2011, 07:23 PM

Plus you dont know what will happen this offseason. Power can shift quickly. Just ask the 07-08 Celtics. Teams like the Bulls, Thunder, Knicks, and Hawks( Yes the Hawks) are on the rise and the Spurs and Lakers are looking to get younger. This could possibly be their only year of dominance.