PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, who here remembers Josh Howard?

thomaspynchon
06-05-2011, 04:31 PM
The guy who was supposed to be Dirkules' running mate. He sort of fell off the face of the earth, didn't he?

creepingdeath
06-05-2011, 04:38 PM
It's a real shame that his off-court demeanour cost him a career as a Mav. Really liked him... still remember his 47/10 game against Utah a couple of years ago.

thomaspynchon
06-05-2011, 04:39 PM
It's a real shame that his off-court demeanour cost him a career as a Mav. Really liked him... still remember his 47/10 game against Utah a couple of years ago.

Loved him in 04-06, then he started taking himself too seriously and decided he was a superstar instead of a do-it-all type of player.

B
06-05-2011, 04:41 PM
The guy who was supposed to be Dirkules' running mate. He sort of fell off the face of the earth, didn't he?
"Dirkules"? What idiot thought that up? That is really gay.

CelticBaller
06-05-2011, 04:42 PM
josh who?

RaceBannana
06-05-2011, 04:43 PM
yup its amazing.... from hero to zero, when he was ballin you could find Mavs fans wanting dirk traded, so the Mavs could rebuild around him.

AlphaWolf24
06-05-2011, 04:50 PM
I forgot...but didn't he say something on camera about not being down to celebrate the national anthem:facepalm

then he got bounced ....and tore his ACL.....as Lebron would say....."Karma is a Bia@tch"

miles berg
06-05-2011, 04:57 PM
yup its amazing.... from hero to zero, when he was ballin you could find Mavs fans wanting dirk traded, so the Mavs could rebuild around him.

Never once heard a Mavs fan say that.

Sheed
06-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Probably the most untrue thing ever said in all of space and time

creepingdeath
06-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Well.. there certainly were some. But really.. only a handful.

RaceBannana
06-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Probably the most untrue thing ever said in all of space and time

yeah, thats the best part of being performing well, everybody gives a **** about you again.

Nonone cared about Nowitzki after the big fail against GSW, but this season he is back to "Everbody loves dirk/he is the goat pf, i never had a doubt in my heart" status.

Bird
06-05-2011, 05:34 PM
yeah, thats the best part of being performing well, everybody gives a **** about you again.

Nonone cared about Nowitzki after the big fail against GSW, but this season he is back to "Everbody loves dirk/he is the goat pf, i never had a doubt in my heart" status.

A very incorrect statement.

People STILL cared about Dirk. He was STILL a top 10 talent in the NBA.

He STILL carried the Mavericks to more 50+ win seasons.

The only people who EVER wanted to build around Howard, and not Dirk, were uneducated/bandwagon fans who rarely paid attention to the games.

Josh was never going to be the type of guy who leads a team to the playoffs. He definitely could have been a great #2 though.

Too bad he enjoyed things off the court (smoking weed, partying) more than he enjoyed the things on the court. He was a dynamic player when healthy.

FourthTenor
06-05-2011, 05:41 PM
There was a time when people, myself included, were arguing that Howard was actually the Mavs best player.

Amazing how fast and far he fell.

kentatm
06-05-2011, 05:50 PM
There was a time when people, myself included, were arguing that Howard was actually the Mavs best player.

Amazing how fast and far he fell.

I'm a huge JHo fan but he was NEVER the Mavs best player. Sorry. Not a chance.

Rowe
06-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Too bad he enjoyed things off the court (smoking weed, partying) more than he enjoyed the things on the court. He was a dynamic player when healthy.

He smoked during the offseason and still was productive during the regular season in Dallas. So what is your point? Yeah he enjoys smoking, but he still was productive while doing it.

How can you question someones love for the game of basketball due to smoking weed? Its no different than athletes who drink or smoke cigarettes. Its not like these guys are cokeheads like the ones in the 70's and 80's.

Josh Howard messed up his ankle in Dallas which hurt his ability to get to the basket. The addition of Marion was to have Howard starting at SG, but it never worked. It in essence slowed him down and made him a liability on defense as well as a guy who couldnt get the baskets he previously did on offense. Thats because he never was a great shooter.

He tore his ACL in Washington last year and he missed most of this season due to that same injury because his recovery took longer than expected and his knee bothered him when he did play.

Dont be surprised when he comes back healthy in 2011-2012 off the bench for a contender and we have a thread of "How did the ________ get Josh Howard for the Vets minimum"?

FourthTenor
06-05-2011, 05:57 PM

There was a time when Dirk had the reputation for having trouble with shorter and stronger defenders and Howard was seen as the more explosive player.

People are actin like the way Dirk has played this year is exactly how he's always played. No way. He's always been really good, this year he's been GREAT.

RaceBannana
06-05-2011, 05:59 PM
A very incorrect statement.

People STILL cared about Dirk. He was STILL a top 10 talent in the NBA.

He STILL carried the Mavericks to more 50+ win seasons.

The only people who EVER wanted to build around Howard, and not Dirk, were uneducated/bandwagon fans who rarely paid attention to the games.

Josh was never going to be the type of guy who leads a team to the playoffs. He definitely could have been a great #2 though.

maybe, i exaggerated with the "nobody cared" part, but after the GSW series, plus the Celts adding Garnett and Allen, plus the Lakers getting gasol and the resurgence of CP3, he fell completely fell out of the picture.

tell me with a straight face, you expected Dirk back to the finals. Some Mavs fan were ready to move on and rebuild around the younger player.

kentatm
06-05-2011, 05:59 PM
He smoked during the offseason and still was productive during the regular season in Dallas. So what is your point? Yeah he enjoys smoking, but he still was productive while doing it.

How can you question someones love for the game of basketball due to smoking weed? Its no different than athletes who drink or smoke cigarettes. Its not like these guys are cokeheads like the ones in the 70's and 80's.

Josh Howard messed up his ankle in Dallas which hurt his ability to get to the basket. The addition of Marion was to have Howard starting at SG, but it never worked. It in essence slowed him down and made him a liability on defense as well as a guy who couldnt get the baskets he previously did on offense. Thats because he never was a great shooter.

He tore his ACL in Washington last year and he missed most of this season due to that same injury because his recovery took longer than expected and his knee bothered him when he did play.

Dont be surprised when he comes back healthy in 2011-2012 off the bench for a contender and we have a thread of "How did the ________ get Josh Howard for the Vets minimum"?

:cheers:

http://static.images.memegenerator.net/Instances400/7/7918/8108294.jpg

There was a time when Dirk had the reputation for having trouble with shorter and stronger defenders and Howard was seen as the more explosive player.

People are actin like the way Dirk has played this year is exactly how he's always played. No way. He's always been really good, this year he's been GREAT.

Sorry, it does not matter that Dirk sometimes had issues with smaller defenders. JHo was NEVER a better player than Dirk and was NEVER seen that way by anybody with a brain. I was a very big JHo fan when he was in Dallas and he was just never at Dirk's level. There was absolutely no argument for it. Ever. Just stop.

ThaSwagg3r
06-05-2011, 06:02 PM
He was the best player in the 2007 playoffs against the Warriors. But he has never been superior outside of that.

SCdac
06-05-2011, 06:05 PM
I remember he doesn't celebrate the national anthem

kentatm
06-05-2011, 06:05 PM
He was the best player in the 2007 playoffs against the Warriors. But he has never been superior outside of that.

he had the best series that year yes. but he still was not the best player on the team.

he just happened to play well when pretty much every single player on the team played like ass.

part of his strong play that series was by GS's design anyway.

GS loaded up on Dirk and bet that the other Mavs could not beat them. They were right.

FourthTenor
06-05-2011, 06:32 PM
JHo was NEVER a better player than Dirk and was NEVER seen that way by anybody with a brain.

You're not qualified to speak on this.

creepingdeath
06-05-2011, 06:35 PM
You're not qualified to speak on this.
But you are, right? How is that sweep coming along you were predicting against us?

miles berg
06-05-2011, 06:38 PM

Dirk has been great for 11 years.

It's just that he now has legit big men on his team so it makes him seem even better.

The guy leads his team to 50+ wins every year despite 3 different coaches and constant player turnover.

Top 25 player all time and has been for years.

Assassin
06-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Good player. Just ****ing dumb. You just can't have both Jason Terry and Josh in the same team.

DMAVS41
06-05-2011, 06:42 PM
When will people realize that these guys like Terry and Howard were able to flourish because of their roles playing next to Dirk.

You put Howard on a bad team without a superstar to ride? You get average production at best.

What happened when he left dallas again? Oh thats right.....faking injuries and playing like a bum when he does happen to find the court.

People really comparing him to Dirk? Holy shit.

chazzy
06-05-2011, 06:51 PM
What happened when he left dallas again? Oh thats right.....faking injuries and playing like a bum when he does happen to find the court.

Didn't he tear his acl?

Patrick Chewing
06-05-2011, 06:54 PM
He'd be great in this series. But he was all about smoking pot and hating on his country, so he's a distant memory now.

FourthTenor
06-05-2011, 06:58 PM
But you are, right? How is that sweep coming along you were predicting against us?

lolwut?

predicted against who? i didnt predict for anyone to sweep anyone at any point in these playoffs.

you got the wrong poster, g

HB40TheNextStar
06-05-2011, 07:12 PM
I remember when Farmar had that one great game. Everyone wanted Kobe traded after that.

Bird
06-05-2011, 07:32 PM
maybe, i exaggerated with the "nobody cared" part, but after the GSW series, plus the Celts adding Garnett and Allen, plus the Lakers getting gasol and the resurgence of CP3, he fell completely fell out of the picture.

tell me with a straight face, you expected Dirk back to the finals. Some Mavs fan were ready to move on and rebuild around the younger player.

I'm a Mavericks homer. I always expected Dirk to take the Mavericks back to the finals.

Rowe - Josh Howard was a more accomplished Darius Miles. Tons of talent, not a care in the world to live up to it. He preferred smoking and partying to practice and bettering himself in the offseason. I have absolutely no hate for Josh Howard whatsoever. I actually enjoyed seeing him have a few very good games for the Wizards and hope he does come back next season and excel.

Fourth Tenor - Dirk has been a top ten player in the league for, what, almost an entire decade? Are you really trying to argue that at ANY time, a rational Mavericks fan EVER thought that Howard was a better player than Dirk and that the team should be built around him? Really? Howard boils down to a 19/6 on 45% shooting kind of guy. Decent defense, poor 3pt shooter. Great #2 option, but never a #1 option.

paperstreet
06-05-2011, 07:40 PM
howard is like 2 years younger than dirk. no one ever thought of replacing dirk and building around the younger player in howard. ever.

Akrazotile
05-23-2014, 04:39 PM

It was legit said by some. I remember it.

La Frescobaldi
05-23-2014, 05:52 PM

me either

SwishSquared
05-23-2014, 07:06 PM
He tore his ACL twice I believe, and his comments on smoking in off-seasons really affected his perception in the league imo. GMs don't mind bringing in broken-down vets when they can be mentors to young players- doubt any GM ever would have wanted him near young guys in light of his comments. Is he playing overseas now?