http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXvChHXUQjg

Halo CE remake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QhQdorAYWk

ballup
06-06-2011, 06:22 PM
http://fyi.uwex.edu/uwmril/files/2011/05/ManMilkingCow.jpg

Kungfro
06-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Not just one Halo, but a new trilogy was announced. That means Halo 4,5, and 6. Also it being developed by 343 industries, not Bungie.

Draz
06-06-2011, 08:01 PM
I don't follow halo but is there going to be two halos?

Kungfro
06-06-2011, 08:03 PM
I don't follow halo but is there going to be two halos?

They're remaking the first Halo game, Halo 4 is coming out sometime next year.

RoseCity07
06-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Yeah I could see right away in the halo 4 trailer the art direction is different.

I don't think the halo 4 cinematics will look that good. They alway tone it down big time on the 360 so it doesn't look so much better than the actual game play.

colorz
06-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Halo's what got me into video games. I'm so f*cking excited right now :banana:

Brujesino
06-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Dont care for the remake.Why not just let it be DLC for Reach?

Al Thornton
06-06-2011, 09:39 PM
:roll:

LJJ
06-07-2011, 02:51 AM
:facepalm

There is no reason to have a 360 at this point unless you really love Live. I would trade it if I wasn't so lazy,

Halo 4 are you kidding me Microsoft? YUNO give me anything fresh?

takeittothehoop
06-07-2011, 09:30 AM
In the year 2016, only one game reigns supreme, Halo 9 on the the Xbox 720 :lol

Jackass18
06-07-2011, 05:09 PM
It was just a teaser, so I can't really take anything from it. I hope they have a lot of ideas that make a trilogy worthwhile.

CelticBaller
06-07-2011, 05:17 PM
http://fyi.uwex.edu/uwmril/files/2011/05/ManMilkingCow.jpg
which is great btw

Sakkreth
06-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Competetive gaming is not for consoles tho.

kentatm
06-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Dont care for the remake.Why not just let it be DLC for Reach?

b/c it would be harder to justify charging you $60 for it

Rose
06-07-2011, 06:46 PM
b/c it would be harder to justify charging you $60 for it
Early rumors are that it'll only be 39.99. And those should be confirmed later this week. Given that there's Halo 2 maps in the game...I'm positive that it's worth close to 40. I'm not a huge Halo guy, but I'll get it when it drops to 30 or so. Might get it on release date, depending on my Amazon discount.

Draz
06-07-2011, 11:18 PM
I'm sorry but watching Halo 4's trailer of 1 minute and 33 seconds, it shows 10 seconds of actual visual. I don't see any reasons why people love this game, although I do see the reasons people really do love their Halo, their loyal to that title.

Kobe24Clutch
06-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Why don't they just bring up the servers for halo 2 :facepalm

CelticBaller
06-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Why don't they just bring up the servers for halo 2 :facepalm
thats like bringing up all the old xbox's server

intrinsic
06-10-2011, 04:35 PM
:facepalm

There is no reason to have a 360 at this point unless you really love Live. I would trade it if I wasn't so lazy,

Halo 4 are you kidding me Microsoft? YUNO give me anything fresh?

I really want to make an argument for Gears of War here, but you're probably right.

az00m
06-11-2011, 01:39 AM
Halo 2 > any other halo game ever made.

The only thing that would of made me happier with halo 2 was if they brought the pistol from halo 1 too halo 2.

Joshumitsu
06-11-2011, 01:54 AM
Stagnation.

This is a sign a franchise or a company is on the verge of downfall.

che guevara
06-11-2011, 06:28 AM
Hopefully 343 doesn't **** Halo 4 up like Bungie did with H3 and Reach. Loved H1 and H2, but H3 and Reach were not fun.

CelticBaller
06-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Hopefully 343 doesn't **** Halo 4 up like Bungie did with H3 and Reach. Loved H1 and H2, but H3 and Reach were not fun.
lolwut

H3 was on par with halo ce

Rose
06-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Microsoft needs some new gaming franchises, BADLY.

LJJ
06-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Microsoft needs some new gaming franchises, BADLY.

Yeah, I guess they have sort of exhausted that approach?

They've tried to launch a lot of new franchises over the years and very few of them were successful.

You got stuff like Blinx, Perfect Dark Z, Sudeki, Shadowrun, Tao Feng, Ninety-nine Nights, Kameo, etc, etc. Just a whole bunch titles ranging from mediocre to intensely awful. They just don't have more than one or two talented development teams on their payroll.

Their new thing seems to be to focus mostly on third-party and then try and negotiate some small form of exclusive content.

Al Thornton
06-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Their new thing seems to be to focus mostly on third-party and then try and negotiate some small form of exclusive content.

and it continues to work well, i think this halo nonsense will hurt them though.

LJJ
06-11-2011, 02:25 PM
and it continues to work well, i think this halo nonsense will hurt them though.

Oh it's a good business decision. Anyone who owns both consoles is going to continue to buy every multiplatform title on the 360 because they usually get some additional content and their Live service is so good.

But as a consumer it pisses me off that they spend all their money on map-packs instead of on development. They are simply riding the third party wave, and it's doing a very bad job at keeping me (and I'm sure many other users) loyal to their company in any way.

Rose
06-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I guess they have sort of exhausted that approach?

They've tried to launch a lot of new franchises over the years and very few of them were successful.

You got stuff like Blinx, Perfect Dark Z, Sudeki, Shadowrun, Tao Feng, Ninety-nine Nights, Kameo, etc, etc. Just a whole bunch titles ranging from mediocre to intensely awful. They just don't have more than one or two talented development teams on their payroll.

The problems is ALOT of those games appeal more towards the PS3 or Nintendo market.

Xbox 360, isn't really an RPG console. The only exception was really mass effect which is on the PS3 now. KOTOR was as well, but they abandoned that franchise. I can't think of any other exclusive RPGs. Most of the xbox games are really...shooters.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_exclusives_(seventh_generation )#Microsoft_Xbox_360

Let's be real. Perfect Dark was originally on the N64. It's not a 360 title, sure it came out for the 360, but that's not Microsoft's franchise.
Sudeki? It got positive reviews. Not sure why they abandoned it either.
Shadowrun came out first on the PC, and then moved over to the 360.
Tao Feng never heard of it.
Nighty-nine nights? it's cool but I think developer went under not sure.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to see them come up with something new. Something really really creative. I thought Prototype could be that type of game. And Sony's answer was inFAMOUS which I'm pretty sure was a bigger success. But I'd love to see more of that out of the box style that xbox once had.

I'm also pretty sure the Kinect will come back and bite them in the ass, because how many hardcore gamers actually have/want the kinect? I don't know any whatsoever. Sure immediately it boosted the sales because it stole some off the wii's market...but I really think they're gonna regret sinking more into it, than their own non-Kinect games.

BuffaloBill
10-01-2012, 03:45 PM
http://i.minus.com/iX7u0R3XZ6S5A.gif

BuffaloBill
10-01-2012, 03:46 PM
http://i.minus.com/iXLdZ6in1ews1.gif

Halo 4

Rose
10-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Forgot about this thread. CE was really well done. I should play that more.

Can't decide if I want to keep my pre order for halo 4 or not.

Wally450
10-02-2012, 12:26 PM
http://i.minus.com/iXLdZ6in1ews1.gif

Halo 4

LMAO, what the actual f*ck is that?!? I saw a pic on the halo forums the other day, damn. And thats Valhalla.

Rose
10-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Originally 360 owners might not like the news that the second disk must be installed. That's 8gb worth (lol at dvd size)

Undisputed
10-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Won't buy this only because Armor abilities. F*cking hated that in Reach. I like the run ability being standard, but not enough to save this game for me.

Brujesino
10-09-2012, 10:03 PM
buying

Rose
10-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Won't buy this only because Armor abilities. F*cking hated that in Reach. I like the run ability being standard, but not enough to save this game for me.
Kind of agree. Armor lock(the only one I really hated) got replaced by some shield thing that apparently won't be as annoying.

The new jet pack looks promising too.

Brujesino
10-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Forgot about this thread. CE was really well done. I should play that more.

Can't decide if I want to keep my pre order for halo 4 or not.
Did you pre order the limited edition?

Rose
10-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Did you pre order the limited edition?
tl;dr version :I'm on the fence. Right now I have it pre-ordered.

But I don't know if I like how they've changed multiplayer, so I might not play it as much, plus I could get the regular version for probably 35-40 on black friday/cyber monday. And honestly I think I can wait that extra 3 weeks for that good of a discount. plus I rarely like the multiplayer dlc maps for halo.

Plus given my friends being somewhat hesitant about it as well....I just don't know. Then I think about how good the new dominion mode looks and I like it. The new maps look pretty tight.

GatorKid117
10-15-2012, 10:00 PM
tl;dr version :I'm on the fence. Right now I have it pre-ordered.

But I don't know if I like how they've changed multiplayer, so I might not play it as much, plus I could get the regular version for probably 35-40 on black friday/cyber monday. And honestly I think I can wait that extra 3 weeks for that good of a discount. plus I rarely like the multiplayer dlc maps for halo.

Plus given my friends being somewhat hesitant about it as well....I just don't know. Then I think about how good the new dominion mode looks and I like it. The new maps look pretty tight.

We both know how this will end.

One of us... one of us...

:D

Wally450
10-16-2012, 12:05 PM
The DMR is gonna be filthy in this game.

Rose
10-16-2012, 12:59 PM
We both know how this will end.

One of us... one of us...

:D
:oldlol: Did you go regular or special edition?

And that DMR does look badass. And I really like the ways the new guns form in your hand.

GatorKid117
10-16-2012, 08:01 PM
:oldlol: Did you go regular or special edition?

And that DMR does look badass. And I really like the ways the new guns form in your hand.

They don't sell it in China so I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do at the moment. I may end up going into Hong Kong to get it, we shall see.

Trying to get Xbox Live working as well. No luck so far but I think its just because of my work internet being restricted. Sucks... Don't want to pay for internet just to get Live.

Rose
10-17-2012, 10:04 PM
They don't sell it in China so I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do at the moment. I may end up going into Hong Kong to get it, we shall see.

Trying to get Xbox Live working as well. No luck so far but I think its just because of my work internet being restricted. Sucks... Don't want to pay for internet just to get Live.
you can bum your internet from your laptop to your 360. bottom post (http://www.overclock.net/t/403402/using-computer-as-a-router-for-xbox-live)

But if you can't I see why. Could you try importing it, or is that too big a risk?

GatorKid117
10-17-2012, 10:25 PM
you can bum your internet from your laptop to your 360. bottom post (http://www.overclock.net/t/403402/using-computer-as-a-router-for-xbox-live)

But if you can't I see why. Could you try importing it, or is that too big a risk?

Yea thats what I did back home. It doesn't work here. Something about MAC filtering or some crap. I tried going into the routers admin system to change settings but it was locked.

I honestly haven't really looked into it. My friend just said they won't sell it in stores here. Maybe amazon would ship it here, I don't know.

Its crazy though. Theres this market in China where you can buy pretty much every movie in decent to good quality for about 2 bucks and video games for a little bit more. Only thing is you have to mod your xbox to play the games. Would be so awesome if you didn't.

I'd buy so many games!

Rose
10-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Yea thats what I did back home. It doesn't work here. Something about MAC filtering or some crap. I tried going into the routers admin system to change settings but it was locked.

I honestly haven't really looked into it. My friend just said they won't sell it in stores here. Maybe amazon would ship it here, I don't know.

Its crazy though. Theres this market in China where you can buy pretty much every movie in decent to good quality for about 2 bucks and video games for a little bit more. Only thing is you have to mod your xbox to play the games. Would be so awesome if you didn't.

I'd buy so many games!
Ah that'd be controlled by your employer. You're probably SOL unless you buy internet. Amazon probably would. I've ordered stuff from the amazon UK before, which is vastly different than China but yeah!

Hell if you can buy a modded xbox...or a cheap one in an attempt to mod it..:lol

jaydacris
10-19-2012, 03:45 AM
extended launch trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kg3yxNsSzk

glidedrxlr22
11-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Some reviews are already out for Halo 4. Great scores so far. I've never played a Halo....might pick this one up.

GatorKid117
11-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Some reviews are already out for Halo 4. Great scores so far. I've never played a Halo....might pick this one up.

If nothing else, pick it up for the story. The Halo storyline is pretty great. The books are enjoyable reads.

Can't wait for it. I can have it shipped from Hong Kong! 2 more days!!

Wally450
11-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Storyline is gonna be great. I have a lot of faith in the multiplayer. Gonna log a lot of time into this game.

rhythmic
11-03-2012, 04:54 AM
One of the best experience I had with video games was ten years with Halo Combat Evolved. I bought Halo 2 and tried to finish it like 4-5 times on original Xbox but never did. These type of games aren't really my cup of tea but I appreciate its artistic design.

I am really considering getting Halo 4. I played both Halo 3 and Halo: Reach but I played 2-3 hours a day over a span of a month or two for both, so I don't even remember the story-line or anything. I still don't think any of them were as good as Combat Evolved; that game was just as amazing as BioShock to me.

My friend did say his favorite is Halo 3, but after the first few hours playing Halo 4; he said it might be his new favorite. Combat Evolved is his 3rd favorite, which makes it enticing for me to get them all again, since Combat Evolved was terrific.

I also need to get Revelations, so I can then buy AC 3. Initially I wasn't a big believer of the series, but over the last month I played AC 1 & 2, and Brotherhood and ****ing loved every minute of it. It was just so fun being a bad ass, but I enjoy more modernized games. I don't have a particular attachment to historical settings, I'd rather be a bad ass assassin in today's society with modernized weapons.

Which is probably why I'm highly anticipating games like GTA V, Hitman and Blacklist (plus the new MGS game).

By the way I just played Spec Ops: The Line. :eek:
Wow, what an experience. The gameplay, graphics or mechanics aren't anything groundbreaking but the storyline was so dark. Similar to Max Payne 3, just a very compelling and mature story. Loved every minute of it, it's only about 7 hours long but it's definitely a game I'd recommend to everyone. Great 3rd person shooter...

Gina Carano
11-03-2012, 05:54 AM
noice halo 69 bucks, so cheap

GatorKid117
11-03-2012, 08:43 AM
noice halo 69 bucks, so cheap

Damn, I'm paying about 55.

Never even heard of a game going past 60 before.

Brujesino
11-04-2012, 02:02 AM
Pre ordered it.Only thing is i was too late on the same day delivery on amazon and had to either pay 3.99 to get it same day or wait until they delivery until thursday for free.

So Thursday it is.

Kungfro
11-04-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm looking forward to this game, but some of the stuff they've been doing with mountain dew and doritos is real silly.

http://images.eurogamer.net/2012/articles//a/1/5/2/2/9/2/6/lh18_1.png/EG11/resize/600x-1

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8936/1352056648452.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGPW23aazuM

LJJ
11-04-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm looking forward to this game, but some of the stuff they've been doing with mountain dew and doritos is real silly.

This is solid golden marketing right here.

Every gaming community and site has talked about this now. The only sound overpowering the buzz this created is the sound of constant high-fiving over at Microsoft's marketing department.

Best marketing ever, costs nothing. Those guys are winners.

Jailblazers7
11-04-2012, 05:13 PM
I still play Halo 3 all the time but I might just rent this for the campaign. The armor abilities thing seems kind of lame. Will Halo 4 have multi-team for online play? If not then I prob wont bother with it.

GatorKid117
11-05-2012, 12:51 AM
Armor abilities were incredibly lame. Armor lock was one of the most frustrating things ever in Halo. Then the jetpack just destroyed all map dynamics. I pretty much just resorted to playing gametypes without the armor abilities so it wasn't too bad.

With 4 though, there is no more armor lock and the jetpack is nerfed so they are definitely heading in the right direction. Promethean vision looks like it could be overpowered but I'll wait and see for myself.

Wally450
11-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Amped for this game, picking it up tomorrow morning before work.

glidedrxlr22
11-05-2012, 01:38 PM
If nothing else, pick it up for the story. The Halo storyline is pretty great. The books are enjoyable reads.

Can't wait for it. I can have it shipped from Hong Kong! 2 more days!!

Since I never played any Halo games before I think I'm gonna do just that.....buy and play the games. If I'm correct I think the order to play these in is:

Halo Reach
Halo CE Anniversary
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo 3 ODST
Halo 4

The only one I'm not sure I'll be able to play is Halo 2. I looked on the xbox live game store and it didn't seem to be available for purchase and download.

Rose
11-06-2012, 12:24 AM
Since I never played any Halo games before I think I'm gonna do just that.....buy and play the games. If I'm correct I think the order to play these in is:

Halo Reach
Halo CE Anniversary
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo 3 ODST
Halo 4

The only one I'm not sure I'll be able to play is Halo 2. I looked on the xbox live game store and it didn't seem to be available for purchase and download.
That's the correct order.

You won't find Halo 2 on there since it was for the original xbox, they'll probably do a remake of it soon though to cash in on it since it was the most loved multiplayer from what I read. (that's the only one I never played online so I have no clue)

Gamestop, should have it cheap

GatorKid117
11-06-2012, 01:41 AM
Trying to watch some streams to live vicariously through others.

I'm such a fanboy lol.

Wally450
11-06-2012, 11:27 AM
I'm definitely gonna log a shit load of time into this game. Some minor tweaks with some updates but gonna be a great game.

Rose
11-06-2012, 04:27 PM
played a few rounds of multiplayer before I do the campaign with friends later, and it's different in a good way I think. The assault rifle....actually assaults people now. It's a good change.:lol

intrinsic
11-06-2012, 05:08 PM
That's the correct order.

You won't find Halo 2 on there since it was for the original xbox, they'll probably do a remake of it soon though to cash in on it since it was the most loved multiplayer from what I read. (that's the only one I never played online so I have no clue)

Gamestop, should have it cheap

Rose is right. However, I'd strongly recommend Halo CE as the starting point. You'll have a clearer/better understanding of the events in Reach.

GatorKid117
11-06-2012, 07:59 PM
played a few rounds of multiplayer before I do the campaign with friends later, and it's different in a good way I think. The assault rifle....actually assaults people now. It's a good change.:lol

I saw some gameplay with a guy using the Saw. That gun kicked some ass.

Its cool that multiple weapons can actually be utilized now.

Rose
11-07-2012, 12:00 AM
I saw some gameplay with a guy using the Saw. That gun kicked some ass.

Its cool that multiple weapons can actually be utilized now.
It's amazing

Also, If I may add something. I'd rent Halo 4 for the campaign (it's good but EASILY beatable in 6 hours. (beat it with friends on co op in 4) and see if it's worth a purchase for multiplayer if you've never played Halo before.

Also, I'd agree with Intrinsic, I remember being 11? when Halo came out and I wanted to play Reach pretty much from that point, because they built it up really well throughout the trilogy (and especially in the books which the first three are really good btw) I was pretty psyched when like 6-7 years later they finally announced they were making Reach.

Jailblazers7
11-07-2012, 01:14 AM
My only question: is mutiteam a game mode for online play?

Rose
11-07-2012, 01:35 AM
My only question: is mutiteam a game mode for online play?
hmm, there's oddball and there's big team. But not reach's multiteam of 3v3v3v3 if that's what you're looking for.

Jailblazers7
11-07-2012, 01:49 AM
hmm, there's oddball and there's big team. But not reach's multiteam of 3v3v3v3 if that's what you're looking for.

I was looking for the 2v2v2v2 from Halo 3. :(

Rose
11-07-2012, 02:05 AM
I was looking for the 2v2v2v2 from Halo 3. :(
Oh that's gone for sure. Sorry. I think they may experiment with adding that though, because the way they kept shuffling reach's modes around leads me to believe that'll happen.

Now that you mention it, I kind of miss that as well.:lol

Wally450
11-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Yea I miss multi-team. They don;t have rumble pit either. Im sure they'll put those playlists in a while down the road. They still have to put in the 1-50 ranking system.

TylerOO
11-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Told myself i wouldnt get this game. Gave in lol. Its Halo for fcuks sake

Rose
11-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Yea I miss multi-team. They don;t have rumble pit either. Im sure they'll put those playlists in a while down the road. They still have to put in the 1-50 ranking system.
I actually somewhat prefer the new rumble pit-esque mode. Although I'm not entirely sure on it. oddball sucks though. AND WHERE IS MY GRIFFBALL!!!

Brujesino
11-08-2012, 12:45 AM
I actually somewhat prefer the new rumble pit-esque mode. Although I'm not entirely sure on it. oddball sucks though. AND WHERE IS MY GRIFFBALL!!!
I could have sworn i read an interview saying how much better they made griffball now but where the hell is it?

Also where is SWAT?

Maybe by the end of the month we will get some answers.

Patrick Chewing
11-09-2012, 01:55 AM
Halo Reach Multi > Halo 4 Multi

Anyone else agree? Not as smooth as I would have thought.

ukballer
11-09-2012, 07:06 AM
I'm a Halo noob, but picked up Halo 4 yesterday and I'm loving it.

I played Halo 3 for a few hours a while back, literally nothing more than that, so I'm still getting used to everything, but boy it's fun.

Rose
11-09-2012, 02:57 PM
I could have sworn i read an interview saying how much better they made griffball now but where the hell is it?

Also where is SWAT?

Maybe by the end of the month we will get some answers.
Apparently SWAT for the time being is just a customs game mode.:facepalm

http://www.examiner.com/article/first-halo-4-multiplayer-playlist-update-coming-next-week-with-swat But is coming back soon. No map? That was in reach, I dislike that a lot. Just give us SWAT and SWAT Pro. Also their explanation for not having it on launch? by the numbers, wtf? SWAT was ALWAYS in the top 3 busiest modes on reach, and still is.:facepalm

http://www.examiner.com/video/halo-4-grifball-mode-walkthrough-with-343i And apparently griffball's "ground up rebuild" is more of the same? Thanks M$.

Brujesino
11-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Anyone want to play the spartan ops on legendary?

Gamertag is brujesino

GatorKid117
11-11-2012, 10:39 AM
So glad the 1-50 ranking system is eventually coming back. I honestly think that will be the biggest reason people continue to play the game in the future. Much more fun, at least for me, to have attainable goals.

I will say they better freakin add Team Snipers at some point.

Wally450
11-13-2012, 11:43 AM
I love going into a lobby and seeing people in the high 40's. I look at their service record and they have a shitty K/D. I shit all over them. I can't wait until the 1-50 comes out so we can separate the men from the boys.

Wally450
11-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Been reading several community forums about Halo 4 and people won't stop b*tching about how "its not like Halo 2". Obviously its not, its Halo 4! Play the game for what it is, not what you want it to be.

If you want to play Halo 2, go buy a PC and Halo 2 and play online.

/rant

Rose
11-14-2012, 10:51 PM
I love going into a lobby and seeing people in the high 40's. I look at their service record and they have a shitty K/D. I shit all over them. I can't wait until the 1-50 comes out so we can separate the men from the boys.
Any news on when that ranking is coming out?

GatorKid117
11-15-2012, 06:20 AM
Any news on when that ranking is coming out?

Only thing I have heard is the beginning of next year.

CarlosBoozer
11-15-2012, 08:56 AM
LOVING THIS GAME! :cheers: If anyone wants to play, add me up! xbl: DoctorRupert

Rose
11-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Only thing I have heard is the beginning of next year.
Interesting, I wonder how they're gonna do the armor thing then. Because isn't it call of duty prestige style right now?

Wally450
11-15-2012, 12:23 PM
I heard the ranking system will be out sometime between January and March 2013. Don't know what they're doing with the armors and stuff though.

Brujesino
11-15-2012, 07:32 PM
team snipers comin next week

Jailblazers7
11-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Not sure I'm feeling the online play after playing Halo 3 for so long. The map layouts and customization make the game feel too much like COD.

Halo 3 was basically just chaos which makes it a ton of fun. No multi-team really pisses me off too.

takai
11-20-2012, 12:43 PM
This game was God Tier.
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Multiplayer is awesome too. No wonder they're calling this the best Halo ever.

glidedrxlr22
11-20-2012, 05:46 PM
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I've never played the Halo games....so I am deciding to play them all. I'm going to play them in the order in which they were released and not in the chronoligical order. So I tracked down all the games, some new, some used. I put in my fresh new copy of Halo CE Anniversary and I get an unreadable disc error. I cleaned the "new" spotless disc...nothing. Tried to install it and it doesn't complete the install. So I returned it and now I have to wait for another copy to get shipped to me. :banghead: I was so looking forward to some sci-fi shooting action. :banghead: I've never had this problem. Apparently some of the Halo discs cause this problem on older systems. :banghead: I'm just gonna move on to the Walking Dead episode 5 and Ghost Recon Future Soldier in the meantime.

Brujesino
11-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Solo on legendary complete:banana:

Jailblazers7
11-21-2012, 09:44 AM
I went back to continue my campaign last night and somehow it didn't save like 30-45 worth of gameplay. I stopped playing and went out the other night after the bad dude reveal himself to me but it didn't save. :(

I really don't feel like wasting time just to get back to where I was before.

And the multiplayer has grown on me a bit. The action is smooth and consistent with what I would expect from a halo game but all these COD style perks piss me off. I don't even use any of them in my loadouts as a form of boycott lol.

Wally450
11-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Solo on legendary complete:banana:

Damn man, props on that. That shit's hard, and I'm playing with 3 friends on co-op

Jailblazers7
12-23-2012, 09:43 PM
This game has grown on me a bit. I didn't like the classes/custimization at first just because it was too COD-like but I guess it adds a nice little wrinkle to Halo. I think Promethean vision is pretty lame tho.

I'm still bitter that there is no team doubles/multiteam tho. The 2v2v2v2 was the funnest on Halo 3. I'm just hoping that the ranking system that is supposed to come out sometime early in 2013 makes it a bit better.

Wally450
12-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Anyone down to play some custom games?

Getting bored of the same old maps in War Games.

I'm not not a nerd pro, but i'm not too bad either.

My GT is Wally450

Jailblazers7
01-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Favorite weapons? Everyone seems to just use the DMR but I kinda like the Carbine in this game.

Rose
01-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Supressor since everyone just plays Haven:lol

After that it's tie with Battle Rifle and the Assault Rifle.

Brujesino
01-10-2013, 07:00 PM
DMR for SWAT and carbine for everything else.

Jailblazers7
01-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Yeah, one of my big complaints is that Haven gets playes too much. Its a good map but damn lol.

Brujesino
01-10-2013, 07:22 PM
i blame the lack of good maps thats why haven and valhalla get so much play.

Jailblazers7
01-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Is 343 goimg to be adding more maps?

sunsfan1357
01-10-2013, 09:10 PM
I've started to play online over the past week and I'm not very good at it :lol

I will say that I've played Haven about 50% of the time it seems. I usually stick with the assault rifle, but switch up to the battle rifle on occasion.

Jailblazers7
01-10-2013, 10:38 PM
I've started to play online over the past week and I'm not very good at it :lol

I will say that I've played Haven about 50% of the time it seems. I usually stick with the assault rifle, but switch up to the battle rifle on occasion.

Dont worry, half the battle is learning to read the map/radar. After that you will pick the little tricks up pretty quickly.

The assault rifle seems to be pretty powerful in this game tho its not a bad weapon.

Rose
01-11-2013, 12:22 AM
I feel like 343 gave us just 5 maps to screw us into buying the DLC. Hell I even grabbed the map pack when they had it for free, and they said "hey, download this we ****ed up if you do so by the 18th its yours" and now I can't play on it.:facepalm

I'm actually kinda pissed they dropped it to $40 so quickly too.(it still has the $40 holiday price tag) But I guess that's what I get for getting it on release date.

Edit: just tried to play again for shits and giggles and found this http://www.geek.com/articles/games/microsoft-is-banning-gamers-playing-halo-4s-crimson-map-pack-20121217/

So really, after paying 40 or 60 for a game, they **** up and release the map pack and then pull it back because they ****ed up? Seriously screw M$.

Brujesino
01-11-2013, 01:12 PM
They really need to fix the lag in this game.I dont remember any of the other halo games lagging this much.

glidedrxlr22
01-11-2013, 02:51 PM
As I mentioned before, I've been playing all the Halo games for the first time. I'm currently about half done with Reach and then I get to play Halo 4. I've just been playing the campaigns, but I'll do some multiplayer in Halo 4.

Jailblazers7
01-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Are there any entertaining Halo 4 youtubers like those dudes that do COD videos?

Brujesino
01-15-2013, 05:57 PM
Not that i know of.I think maybe "roosterteeth" or something like that but mostly mess around with forge.

glidedrxlr22
01-18-2013, 02:58 PM
I'm currently about a third of the way through the campaign. I'm getting really interested in giving Spartan Ops a shot next. For those of you who have played it....how is it?

Rose
01-18-2013, 06:16 PM
I'm currently about a third of the way through the campaign. I'm getting really interested in giving Spartan Ops a shot next. For those of you who have played it....how is it?
It was really good. I just hate how they recycled the levels for different episodes of spartan ops.

Brujesino
01-18-2013, 10:04 PM
Spartan ops is fun but like rose said its repetitive.It takes about 20 minutes to beat a chapter.

New episodes coming out on monday.

Jackass18
01-19-2013, 10:41 AM

I don't like how you can only do multiplayer with the most current episode. I got the game late and had to do the first 4 solo.

Anyone do the Campaign weekly challenges? I just did the current one basically solo and it was a big pain in the ass.

Jailblazers7
01-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Been having trouble with the servers the past week. One day I couldn't find a match in slayer but everything was fine finding a match in regicide. It seems like there are a lot of bad player playing team regicide. The one match I had like 3 overkills/sprees as the king within 5 minutes.

Jackass18
02-20-2013, 04:00 AM
Are people done with this game already or something?

Why are so many people so bad at Spartans Ops? How do people go like 23 kills/ 24 deaths?

Brujesino
02-22-2013, 04:03 AM
Are people done with this game already or something?

Why are so many people so bad at Spartans Ops? How do people go like 23 kills/ 24 deaths?
Play it everyday, on my 3rd or 4th specialization.

I play spartan ops on easy by myself so ya

sunsfan1357
02-22-2013, 08:07 AM
I've never even tried the campaign and only briefly tried Spartan Ops. I just keep it to online slayer really, but I guess I can give the other stuff a shot.

Patrick Chewing
02-22-2013, 11:45 PM
As I mentioned before, I've been playing all the Halo games for the first time. I'm currently about half done with Reach and then I get to play Halo 4. I've just been playing the campaigns, but I'll do some multiplayer in Halo 4.

Multiplayer in Reach is 10x better. Not sure how many people you'll still find playing on Reach, but you'll get frustrated with Halo 4 Multiplayer quickly.

Rose
02-23-2013, 12:10 AM
Multiplayer in Reach is 10x better. Not sure how many people you'll still find playing on Reach, but you'll get frustrated with Halo 4 Multiplayer quickly.
It still has a decent amount. I played it around a month ago, and there was I believe 20K and it was the middle of the day so definitely not bad. Especially for it being a game from 2010.

WhiteMamba
02-23-2013, 03:20 AM
I've never even tried the campaign and only briefly tried Spartan Ops. I just keep it to online slayer really, but I guess I can give the other stuff a shot.
Definitely, the campaign was really well done by 343.

Jailblazers7
02-23-2013, 08:50 PM
It still has a decent amount. I played it around a month ago, and there was I believe 20K and it was the middle of the day so definitely not bad. Especially for it being a game from 2010.

I still play Halo 3 pretty often. Me and a buddy still play multiteam a lot even tho the lobby will only have like 400 players on a good night.

che guevara
02-26-2013, 08:08 PM
As somebody who's been playing Halo since November 2001 and played embarrassing amounts of Halo 2 Multiplayer, I have to say that both Reach and H4's MP are equally shitty in their own way. The series started going downhill with Halo 3, and has gotten worse with each successive title.

Brujesino
02-28-2013, 03:31 AM
HAs anyone played the new maps?How are they?