PDA

View Full Version : What is the best duo ever in basketball?

Soothing Layup
06-06-2011, 07:51 PM
What two basketball players were the most impressive duo? Stockton and malone? MJ and pippen? Shaq and Kobe? Dwade and LBJ?

I got MJ and Pippen all day. MJ is two men on the offense and Pippen is two men on the defense.

kaiiu
06-06-2011, 07:54 PM
All time.No.

Relative to era. Yes.
No team has ever had 2 top 3 players on the same team

bballer
06-06-2011, 07:55 PM
D-Wade
Lebron

Heat007
06-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Wade and Shaq would be. Wade did a lot better with a past-his-prime Shaq who saw 10 minutes less per game in Miami because he had 3 injuries and was well into breaking down as a player.

If a healthy Prime Wade had a Prime shaq for 8 years like Kobe did, then Wade easily wins 5-6 titles within those 8 season instead of just the 3 kobe the stringbean could muster with a Prime shaq

HB40TheNextStar
06-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Mark Madsen and Michael Olowokandi.

Kellogs4toniee
06-06-2011, 07:56 PM
MJ and Pippen until Lebron and Wade start winning multiple rings, which we just can't be sure of as of right now.

Kobe and Shaq had a chance, especially since Kobe was entering his prime toward the later part of the three peat. It's too bad we never got to see the ceiling of those two together. Scary to think about how legendary they could have been.

Ne 1
06-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Shaq and Kobe at their peak playing together were the best, but Jordan and Pippen sustained it for longer, didn't have the same ego problems and they had more talent around them.

ihatetimthomas
06-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Wade and Shaq would be. Wade did a lot better with a past-his-prime Shaq who saw 10 minutes less per game in Miami because he had 3 injuries and was well into breaking down as a player.

If a healthy Prime Wade had a Prime shaq for 8 years like Kobe did, then Wade easily wins 5-6 titles within those 8 season instead of just the 3 kobe the stringbean could muster with a Prime shaq

IF

Ne 1
06-06-2011, 08:00 PM
MJ and Pippen until Lebron and Wade start winning multiple rings, which we just can't be sure of as of right now.

Kobe and Shaq had a chance, especially since Kobe was entering his prime toward the later part of the three peat. It's too bad we never got to see the ceiling of those two together. Scary to think about how legendary they could have been.

In terms of overall body of work, I don't think any other duo can match Jordan and Pippen, and as far as duos at their peak, I don't think any can match Shaq and Kobe on the 2001 and 2002 teams.

Bigsmoke
06-06-2011, 08:09 PM
I still think its MJ and Scottie.

ball_handler
06-06-2011, 08:14 PM
15-1 in the playoffs, nuff said

Rekindled
06-06-2011, 08:18 PM
kobe
shaq

before the divorce

Round Mound
06-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Defensively: D-Rob and Tim Duncan

Offensively: Stockton and Malone

All Around: Jordan and Pippen

SinJackal
06-06-2011, 08:33 PM

This.

Honorable mention to Shaq/Kobe and Magic/Kareem.

bballer
06-06-2011, 08:37 PM
http://emptymind.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/malone_stockton.jpg

Soothing Layup
06-06-2011, 08:42 PM

I love john stockton. :D

Scholar
06-06-2011, 08:49 PM
MJ & Pippen, definitely. I also rate Kobe & Shaq pretty high up there among the best NBA duos of all-time.

G-train
06-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Magic Johnson and Kareem Abdul Jabbar, West and Chamberlain >> than anyone mentioned so far. West/Wilt had Baylor too.

Kareem and Magic are 2 top 5 players all time on the one team.

Bogus_Sting
06-06-2011, 08:55 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0emeg9oaAA585/610x.jpg

Jasper
06-06-2011, 08:57 PM
There were some awesome duo's in the history of the game

Moses Malone / Dr
Elgin baylor /west
Russell / Cosz'
Majic / Kareem
Kareem / Big O
West / Wilt
Barkley /DJ
Bird / Mchale
Duncan /Admiral
Shaq / Kobe
D-Wade / Lebron

Stockton / Malone would of been my pick ... ton's of records but the rings are missing

MJ Pip needless to say is the best

Kobe24Clutch
06-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Shaq and Kobe, if not for their ego's they win 5+ titles.

G-train
06-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Posters dont get it.

West and Chamberlain are the best duo ever - on both ends.

Check your history 13 years olds.

Bogus_Sting
06-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Posters dont get it.

West and Chamberlain are the best duo ever - on both ends.

Check your history 13 years olds.

Nah they are scrubs, Dwade is better than those two by himself.

Kobe24Clutch
06-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Nah they are scrubs, Dwade is better than those two by himself.
:lol

Butters
06-06-2011, 09:31 PM

:applause:

G-train
06-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Posters actually think Stockton and Malone are better than West/Wilt?

Please.

ShaqAttack3234
06-06-2011, 09:34 PM
In terms of overall body of work, I don't think any other duo can match Jordan and Pippen, and as far as duos at their peak, I don't think any can match Shaq and Kobe on the 2001 and 2002 teams.

Agreed, particularly Shaq and Kobe when the problems went away late in the 2001 regular season and the playoffs. They played like the 2 best players in the league in the playoffs.

For overall body of work, Jordan and Pippen without a doubt as you said and their peak as a duo(around '92) is right up there.

Magic and Kareem's primes didn't really overlap and while Malone and Stockton had great chemistry, Stockton was obviously not near the level of the other players we're talking about.

G-train
06-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Havlicek and Russell were a fairly successful duo.

L.Kizzle
06-06-2011, 09:52 PM

Actually Baylor and West better offensively.

Round Mound
06-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Actually Baylor and West better offensively.

Not Defensively

Jordan and Pippen dominated both games: offense and defense

sixer6ad
06-06-2011, 10:30 PM

Great look.

talkingconch
06-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Jordan and Pippen or Shaq/Kobe

Not wade and lebron yet, too early.

talkingconch
06-06-2011, 10:49 PM
And does anyone have a ****ing idea on when I will be able to view my own posts much less my profile? Ridiculous.

ShaqAttack3234
06-06-2011, 11:18 PM

Shaq and Kobe >Stockton and Malone

Shaq and Kobe both regularly took over games, both were better at creating their own offense than Malone and Stockton didn't take over games with his scoring himself(except rare ocassions), plus both Shaq and Kobe were not only the best scorers in the league, but above average passers/playmakers for their position and their games fit well together. If Kobe penetrated and got to the basket, he had the best finisher in the game to dish it off to if the help came, if not, chances are, he'd score himself. You could give the ball to either and they could score for themselves or set up their teammates.

ThaSwagg3r
06-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Shaq and Kobe were the best scoring duo, but the best offensive duo was probably Magic and Kareem. Best all-around duo was definitely MJ and Pippen.

Gundress
06-06-2011, 11:20 PM
YOU VERY LATE, I MADE THIS THREAD A YEAR AGO.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187385

ShaqAttack3234
06-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Shaq and Kobe were the best scoring duo, but the best offensive duo was probably Magic and Kareem. Best all-around duo was definitely MJ and Pippen.

I disagree because of when they played together. If it had been '87-'90 or '91 Magic with Kareem at his '81 or younger level then I'd probably agree.

Ne 1
06-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Shaq and Kobe >Stockton and Malone

Shaq and Kobe both regularly took over games, both were better at creating their own offense than Malone and Stockton didn't take over games with his scoring himself(except rare ocassions), plus both Shaq and Kobe were not only the best scorers in the league, but above average passers/playmakers for their position and their games fit well together. If Kobe penetrated and got to the basket, he had the best finisher in the game to dish it off to if the help came, if not, chances are, he'd score himself. You could give the ball to either and they could score for themselves or set up their teammates.

:cheers:

I think some people forget how dominant Shaq and Kobe were during that 15-1 playoff run in 2001. IMO they were the 2 best players in the playoffs that year and their only loss was by 6 points in overtime. In the Western Conference Finals they were blowing out the Spurs by 14, 39 and 29 points.

G-train
06-07-2011, 12:40 AM

West was all defensive team member and Wilt arguably the best shotblocker ever.
On top of that both unstoppable.

Jacks3
06-07-2011, 12:45 AM
In terms of peak, it's easily 2001 Shaq-Kobe.

L.Kizzle
06-07-2011, 12:46 AM
Not Defensively

Jordan and Pippen dominated both games: offense and defense
You had Stockton and Malone offensively, I'm just speaking for the West/Elgin combo.

ShaqAttack3234
06-07-2011, 01:02 AM
:cheers:

I think some people forget how dominant Shaq and Kobe were during that 15-1 playoff run in 2001. IMO they were the 2 best players in the playoffs that year and their only loss was by 6 points in overtime. In the Western Conference Finals they were blowing out the Spurs by 14, 39 and 29 points.

Yeah, they swept the Spurs by an average margin of almost 22 ppg, iirc.

Shaq- 30.4 ppg, 15.4 rpg, 3.2 apg, 2.4 bpg, 55.5 FG%, 56.4 TS%
Kobe- 29.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.1 apg, 1.6 spg, 46.9 FG%, 55.5 TS%

Both also made the all-defensive 2nd team in the regular season and played better defensively in the playoffs and check out the defensive rating of their opponents during the playoffs.

Spurs- 98.0
76ers- 98.9
Kings- 99.6
Blazers- 101.8

The numbers are even more incredible considering the defenses they put them up against. :bowdown:

necya
06-07-2011, 03:43 AM
MJ-Pippen
Magic-KAJ
Stockton-Malone

Sahq-Kobe ? i don't see them as a duo, they had no chemistry !? how a duo can hate on each other like these 2 guys ? i would rather have Shaq-Penny duo.

chazzy
06-07-2011, 03:44 AM
MJ-Pippen
Magic-KAJ
Stockton-Malone

Sahq-Kobe ? i don't see them as a duo, they had no chemistry !? how a duo can hate on each other like these 2 guys ? i would rather have Shaq-Penny duo.
How did they win 3 titles together if they had no chemistry?

necya
06-07-2011, 03:52 AM
How did they win 3 titles together if they had no chemistry?

you don't remember? departure / end career of MJ, Malone, Olajuwon, Robinson, Barkley, Stockton, Drexler?
Seriously, those years were so weak, the Lakers had a great team (and the best team, it wasn't so hard to find the champion before the season started) before Kobe ****ed them up. they could have won 5-6 titles in a row...

Ne 1
06-07-2011, 03:56 AM

Their chemistry was fine when their egos where in check. How can they have no chemistry yet dominate the way they did together? How can they have no chemistry yet win 3 straight championships? They clashed heads at times, but their was no genuine hatred between them.

:oldlol: @ Penny and Shaq over Kobe and Shaq.....they never even won 1 single Finals game together. Also 2000-2002 Shaq > 1994-1996 Shaq and 2001-2002 > Kobe any version of Penny.

Ne 1
06-07-2011, 04:05 AM
you don't remember? departure / end career of MJ, Malone, Olajuwon, Robinson, Barkley, Stockton, Drexler?
Seriously, those years were so weak, the Lakers had a great team (and the best team, it wasn't so hard to find the champion before the season started) before Kobe ****ed them up. they could have won 5-6 titles in a row...

:rolleyes: Right, it's not like they didn't have to get through Blazers, Spurs and Kings or anything. Don't care if any of those players were at the end of their career, nobody was going to stop Shaq and Kobe when they were at their pinnacle.

Using your logic MJ and Pippen weren't a great duo because the 80s Lakers/Celtics/Pistons/Sixers had all declined. Take of your rose-tint nostalgia glasses. Also I wold love to hear how Kobe supposedly "****ed them up". Regardless when they were at their peak as a duo they were unstoppable and the most dominant duo ever, period.

necya
06-07-2011, 04:17 AM
Their chemistry was fine when their egos where in check. How can they have no chemistry yet dominate the way they did together? How can they have no chemistry yet win 3 straight championships? They clashed heads at times, but their was no genuine hatred between them.

:oldlol: @ Penny and Shaq over Kobe and Shaq.....they never even won 1 single Finals game together. Also 2000-2002 Shaq > 1994-1996 Shaq and 2001-2002 > Kobe any version of Penny.

look at your avatar, you are a biased and well known stupid poster here.

they have no championship together, if Shaq stayed in Orlando (back in 96 summer, people in Orlando didn't agree to offer 120 million over 7 years to Shaq, that's why at least for a big part, he went to LA) they would have won many rings after MJ retired.
it was a matter of time. can you understand this?

Bogus_Sting
06-07-2011, 04:20 AM
look at your avatar, you are a biased and well known stupid poster here.

they have no championship together, if Shaq stayed in Orlando (back in 96 summer, people in Orlando didn't agree to offer 120 million over 7 years to Shaq, that's why at least for a big part, he went to LA) they would have won many rings after MJ retired.

Dunno about that, brother. Penny got hurt and that was that.

IF Penny stayed healthy and IF Shaq stayed in Orlando. Thats to many Ifs for me.

Ne 1
06-07-2011, 04:32 AM
you are a biased and well known stupid poster here

The irony. :oldlol:

IF IF IF IF :blah

I don't give a shit about BS "what if" scenarios and revisionist history, I look at what actually took place. What took place is Shaq and Kobe at their peak as a duo dominated in a way that no other 2 players on the same team have ever done before and won 3 straight championships, and only the 90s Bulls and 60s Celtics have ever won 3 straight championships. The bottom line is that Shaq and Kobe at their pinnacle as a duo are the best, but Jordan and Pippen sustained their success together longer. No need for your biased, irrelevant scenarios where Shaq never plays for Lakers and is still playing for Orlando after '96.

Bogus_Sting
06-07-2011, 04:34 AM
The irony. :oldlol:

IF IF IF IF :blah

I don't give a shit about BS "what if" scenarios and revisionist history, I look at what actually took place. What took place is Shaq and Kobe at their peak as a duo dominated in a way that no other 2 players on the same team have ever done before and won 3 straight championships, and only the 90s Bulls and 60s Pistons have ever won 3 straight championships. The bottom line is that Shaq and Kobe at their pinnacle as a duo are the best, but Jordan and Pippen sustained their success together longer. No need for your biased, irrelevant scenarios where Shaq never plays for Lakers and is still playing for Orlando after '96.

What?

necya
06-07-2011, 04:36 AM
:rolleyes: Right, it's not like they didn't have to get through Blazers, Spurs and Kings or anything. Don't care if any of those players were at the end of their career, nobody was going to stop Shaq and Kobe when they were at their pinnacle.

Using your logic MJ and Pippen weren't a great duo because the 80s Lakers/Celtics/Pistons/Sixers had all declined. Take of your rose-tint nostalgia glasses. Also I wold love to hear how Kobe supposedly "****ed them up". Regardless when they were at their peak as a duo they were unstoppable and the most dominant duo ever, period.

that's nothing to do with logic. wanna compare the league in 92 and 02 ? are you sure?

Ne 1
06-07-2011, 04:39 AM
that's nothing to do with logic. wanna compare the league in 92 and 02 ? are you sure?

I don't give a shit. None of your nostalgic crap changes anything.

necya
06-07-2011, 04:40 AM
Dunno about that, brother. Penny got hurt and that was that.

IF Penny stayed healthy and IF Shaq stayed in Orlando. Thats to many Ifs for me.

i was just illustrating the fact that shaq had his rings when the generation of 84-85 retired or fell down. that's all.
it was an answer to the comment that shaq-kobe was better than shaq-penny because they had 3 rings.

necya
06-07-2011, 04:43 AM
I don't give a shit. None of your nostalgic crap changes anything.

:oldlol: yeah, should stop this now. no need to be the troll of the day, let's this for new comers.

Ne 1
06-07-2011, 05:03 AM
i was just illustrating the fact that shaq had his rings when the generation of 84-85 retired or fell down. that's all.
it was an answer to the comment that shaq-kobe was better than shaq-penny because they had 3 rings.

Kobe and Shaq were going to get their rings no matter what. They were unstoppable as a duo from 2001-2002. Yes Shaq and Kobe were far better than Shaq and Penny. Please, take off your rose-tint nostalgia glasses. 2001 Shaq + 2001 Kobe >>>> Shaq+Penny at any point of their time together and it's not even close.

ShaqAttack3234
06-07-2011, 05:18 AM

Phil Jackson on the 2000 Lakers

we were far from being the most talented team in the league. Indiana, Portland, Phoenix, Sacramento, and New York were all ball clubs whose top eight or nine players had more talent than we had in our regular rotation.

http://books.google.com/books?id=PfmN_pM0qF0C&pg=PA280&lpg=PA280&dq=phil+jackson+more+talent+indiana+portland&source=bl&ots=bJ4GTYIPHA&sig=O97DO0_R9HX35uGE2FczwliXx9s&hl=en&ei=MOvtTaXuLYH40gHR7PHuBw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

The Lakers were called "two deep" while the Blazers were called "too deep" throughout the 2000 WCF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR7P3DOCTJw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izs53PMDE8s#t=2m24s

The Lakers didn't have much talent outside their duo so I'm not sure what you're talking about. And no chemistry? Don't confuse their feud for them not having chemistry on the court. When there wasn't an ego battle going on(and really that was only the case during the first half of the 2000-2001 season) during the 3peat, they had excellent chemistry.

necya
06-07-2011, 06:12 AM
yeah, i know that shaqattack, the lakers could have met many more issues if the Suns had Gugliotta, Chapman and a healthy Kidd.

i was more talking about 01-02-03, but i did not mention it, this is right.

the Lakers were very well built nonetheless.
Phil loved to get his tall guards with Shaw and Harper, plus horry, Grant, Fox were perfect role players with a lot of experience for this team.

Laimbeer_Rodman
06-07-2011, 06:27 AM

Penny and Shaq were better duo,ensemble.
Kobe and Shaq were two great players playing together.

Odinn
06-07-2011, 06:29 AM
If we are talking about year-by-year performances; surely 2001 Shaq-Kobe arguably the best.

But my ranking would be like this considering career as a duo;
1. Jordan & Pippen
2. Magic & Kareem
3. Shaq & Kobe
4. K. Malone & Stockton
5. Russell & Cousy
6. Isiah & Dumars
7. Bird & McHale
8. Duncan & Admiral
9. Chamberlain & West
10. Erving & Moses

ShaqAttack3234
06-07-2011, 07:12 AM
yeah, i know that shaqattack, the lakers could have met many more issues if the Suns had Gugliotta, Chapman and a healthy Kidd.

i was more talking about 01-02-03, but i did not mention it, this is right.

the Lakers were very well built nonetheless.
Phil loved to get his tall guards with Shaw and Harper, plus horry, Grant, Fox were perfect role players with a lot of experience for this team.

The Lakers team had flaws, they were vulnerable inside vs the better power forwards except in 2001 when they had Grant, they didn't have a good 3 point shooting team and they only had 2 players who you could go to for offense(Shaq and Kobe). They won on the strength of their duo. The guys you listed are not unusual players at all, most teams have players like that and none of them are usually the team's 3rd best player.

Penny and Shaq were better duo,ensemble.
Kobe and Shaq were two great players playing together.

No, and also worth noting is that the Magic had much more talent around Shaq and Penny than the Lakers had around Shaq and Kobe and they still weren't as good.

Laimbeer_Rodman
06-07-2011, 07:32 AM
The Lakers team had flaws, they were vulnerable inside vs the better power forwards except in 2001 when they had Grant, they didn't have a good 3 point shooting team and they only had 2 players who you could go to for offense(Shaq and Kobe). They won on the strength of their duo. The guys you listed are not unusual players at all, most teams have players like that and none of them are usually the team's 3rd best player.

No, and also worth noting is that the Magic had much more talent around Shaq and Penny than the Lakers had around Shaq and Kobe and they still weren't as good.
Orlando had good players but let's not forget
Cedrick Ceballos ,Nick Van Axel,Edie Jones(first 3 years of Shaq&Kobe)

ShaqAttack3234
06-07-2011, 07:40 AM
Orlando had good players but let's not forget
Cedrick Ceballos ,Nick Van Axel,Edie Jones(first 3 years of Shaq&Kobe)

Ceballos played 8 games with the Lakers during the Shaq/Kobe era and Kobe was coming off the bench back then and wasn't even the Lakers second best player until his 3rd season(during which Jones was traded and Van Exel was already gone) so those guys weren't really there during the years of Shaq and Kobe as a duo.

Laimbeer_Rodman
06-07-2011, 07:58 AM
just try to point that Lakers weren't without a talent in first 3 seasons (Penny & Shaq played together for only 3 seasons).They had Horry ,Fisher,Rice also.
Except Grant,Scott and Anderson i can't of remember any other decent player in Orlando.

ShaqAttack3234
06-07-2011, 08:01 AM
just try to point that Lakers weren't without a talent in first 3 seasons (Penny & Shaq played together for only 3 seasons).They had Horry ,Fisher,Rice also.
Except Grant,Scott and Anderson i can't of remember any other decent player in Orlando.

Lets put it this way, Nick Anderson, Horace Grant and Dennis Scott all would have been the 3rd best player any of the Lakers 3peat teams, yet they were all on the same Magic team playing behind Shaq and Penny. The Magic had A LOT more talent around Shaq and Penny in '95 and '96 than LA had around Shaq and Kobe from 2000-2003.

clipps
06-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Why the hell is Shaq/Penny even mentioned? They did nothing worthy. Even if Shaq stayed in Orlando, Penny still would have gotten hurt. Regardless of the feud that would constantly go on, Kobe/Shaq became one of the most storied duos in NBA History. I'm a Clipper fan for God's sake. I never liked the Lakers. I hated Shaq and Kobe during that era, but I can't lie to myself or stomach reading some of this garbage that I'm reading in this thread. Yes, the Lakers had some great role players. In 2000, they had Rice as their outside shooter and reliable #3 guy, in 01, Fisher stepped it up after his season long injury and knocked down basically every 3 pointer he threw up it seemed in the playoffs, 02, Horry was the guy that hit the big shots, Lets not forget, that game winner wasn't the only big shot he hit that year, but regardless of how "weak" that era is, it takes a high level of chemistry to win 3 in a row. Let's not be dumb here.

brownmamba00
06-07-2011, 08:18 AM
but regardless of how "weak" that era is

Are you fvcking serious or did I misread smthing?

The Blazers, Nets, Pistons, Spurs, Kings>>>

How is that era weak? And lets not act like that wasnt the toughest era defensively.

Laimbeer_Rodman
06-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Lets put it this way, Nick Anderson, Horace Grant and Dennis Scott all would have been the 3rd best player any of the Lakers 3peat teams, yet they were all on the same Magic team playing behind Shaq and Penny. The Magic had A LOT more talent around Shaq and Penny in '95 and '96 than LA had around Shaq and Kobe from 2000-2003.
Did Denis Scott and Nick Anderson had any playoff appearance before Shaq and Penny paired up?
Would you pick Nick over Horry or D.Scott over Rice?

Psileas
06-07-2011, 08:32 AM
With all my respect to Malone/Stockton, I'm not sure why some would put them at #1, as long as they won 0 titles combined. The usual response to this is that "basketball is a team game". Then why isn't Malone a GOAT candidate or Stockton top-12 or so? Basketball is a "team game" when we're comparing duos but not so when we compare single individuals, when, instead, this argument should be used to an even bigger extent?

kumquat
06-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Stockton/Ostertag

ShaqAttack3234
06-07-2011, 08:51 AM
In 2000, they had Rice as their outside shooter and reliable #3 guy

Reliable number 3 guy? He averaged 12/4/2 on 41% shooting in the playoffs and got benched late in games for standing around when he didn't have the ball and getting lit up on defense. That's far from being a reliable 3rd option and teams with reliable 3rd options aren't called "two deep".

Did Denis Scott and Nick Anderson had any playoff appearance before Shaq and Penny paired up?
Would you pick Nick over Horry or D.Scott over Rice?

Nick was definitey a better player circa 1995 than Horry was during the 3peat and yes, Scott played better for Orlando than Rice did for LA, absolutely.

Rake2204
06-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Yup, I'm going to have to go with the Utah duo as well:

http://www.halloffamememorabilia.com/images/products/p-145844-david-benoit-autographed-basketball-card-utah-jazz-aw-21481.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/AmarSAcharya/SK5eG-rUCCI/AAAAAAAAAvs/NV2ezKCjDC4/886177_thumb.jpg

Rocketswin2013
03-04-2014, 06:11 PM
1. Shaq/Kobe

2. Pippen/Jordan?

2B. Wade/LeBron

3. Stockton/Malone

4. Drob/Duncan

NJW1247
03-04-2014, 06:49 PM
Shaq & Kobe, pretty easy answer

hahaitme
03-04-2014, 06:56 PM
As a Wade fan, I have to say Shaq & Kobe.

Shaq is the biggest difference maker here IMO. You put MJ with Shaq and I'd say MJ/Shaq, you put Wade with Shaq I'd say Wade/Shaq, etc.

I believe if they kept their heads on they could've gone for much more than a 3-peat, much much more.

Milbuck
03-04-2014, 06:57 PM
I would take 2001 Shaq and Kobe over any other duo.

PsychoBe
03-04-2014, 06:58 PM
hakeem olajuwon + kenny "the jet" smith

Deuce Bigalow
03-04-2014, 07:01 PM
15-1 in the playoffs, nuff said

01 playoffs stats
Shaq 30/15/3
Kobe 29/7/6

Swept the entire Western Conference playoffs 3-0 vs Blazers, 4-0 vs Kings, 4-0 vs Spurs. Then lost only one game in the Finals in overtime.

01 WCF vs Spurs the Lakers had the largest average margin of victory in Conference Finals history, and they didn't even have home court advantage.

97 bulls
03-04-2014, 07:42 PM
Its Jordan and Pippen. That tandem led their team to the best record in the history of the league, the second best record, and the fifth best record. How many tandems can boast that?

15-1? Not bad over the course of 16 games over the span of about a month. But it doesn't hold a candle to 6-0 in the Championships they've played in.

97 bulls
03-04-2014, 07:43 PM

01 playoffs stats
Shaq 30/15/3
Kobe 29/7/6

Swept the entire Western Conference playoffs 3-0 vs Blazers, 4-0 vs Kings, 4-0 vs Spurs. Then lost only one game in the Finals in overtime.

01 WCF vs Spurs the Lakers had the largest average margin of victory in Conference Finals history, and they didn't even have home court advantage.
Lol. That was ONE playoff run. That us an exception not the rule. What happend in 2004?

TheReal Kendall
03-04-2014, 07:46 PM
I would take Shaq and Kobe against any of those duos.

Somebody should make a tournament thread involving the duos with a poll.

Milbuck
03-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Lol. That was ONE playoff run. That us an exception not the rule. What happend in 2004?
You're an intelligent poster. I trust you know what context means, and can figure out the answer to your own question.

russwest0
03-04-2014, 08:09 PM
MJ and Pippen followed by Kobe and Shaq.

97 bulls
03-04-2014, 08:11 PM
You're an intelligent poster. I trust you know what context means, and can figure out the answer to your own question.
Context? What does context have to do with anything? They didn't win. Both players were in their primes. What's the reason? Or better yet excuse. Injuries? The Bulls won under thise circumstances as well.

EnoughSaid
03-04-2014, 08:13 PM
All Time:

MJ & Pippen
Shaq & Kobe
LeBron & Wade

If Bron and Wade three peat and make the Finals for a 5th time in the future I'd say they are the second greatest duo of all time.

HOoopCityJones
03-04-2014, 08:19 PM
Shaq and Kobe.

Thorn
03-04-2014, 09:01 PM
One year run - 01 Shaq/Kobe
Overall: either Jordan/Pippen or Kareem/Magic

AnaheimLakers24
03-04-2014, 10:04 PM
shaq kobe
mj pippen
magic kareem