PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Revelations!

AirTupac
06-06-2011, 11:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoH8heBDC_4

Rose
06-07-2011, 02:14 AM
Holy shit.

that looks so mega bad ass. I might get this on PS3 instead of 360 as well...

AirTupac
06-07-2011, 02:53 AM
I didnt watch the trailer though. I just got the 3rd game from a friend so I don't want spoilers.

Rose
06-07-2011, 03:07 AM
DUDE. tell me when you beat the third one. We shall discuss!

step_back
06-07-2011, 07:22 AM
http://firstrung.co.uk/dbimgs/sold%282%29.jpg

AirTupac
06-07-2011, 12:00 PM
DUDE. tell me when you beat the third one. We shall discuss!

Will do bud :pimp:

KeylessEntry
06-07-2011, 12:09 PM
This will be the first assassins creed that I buy, should have bought brotherhood though.

AirTupac
06-07-2011, 12:14 PM
This will be the first assassins creed that I buy, should have bought brotherhood though.

I recommend buying the 2nd one as well. It will help you get connected to the story. I didn't buy the first one but I managed to get caught up on the story. But the 2nd one leads to the 3rd one and I think the 3rd one will lead to the 4th one.

Thorpesaurous
06-07-2011, 12:20 PM
I played one and two but skipped three because it seemed like a rushed to market product that was really an online multiplayer add on.

Should I play it?

AirTupac
06-07-2011, 12:22 PM
I played one and two but skipped three because it seemed like a rushed to market product that was really an online multiplayer add on.

Should I play it?

I just got mine yesterday from a friend. I think its going to be kickass though. I'll tell you more once I play some more. :pimp:

Rose
06-07-2011, 01:09 PM

Should I play it?
It's really good. It's not as hard as the second one. But it's more open world, there's a ton of sidequests and missions. I actually think it's the best one.

step_back
06-07-2011, 01:09 PM

Should I play it?

It's Assassins Creed 2.5 basically. Has some added gameplay features and an online mode. It does progress the story from AC2 which means it's not a spin off. It's worth playing as you will miss out on valuable parts to the AC universe otherwise.

It's also a good game worth playing anyway.

GOBB
06-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Need gameplay of trailor.

I need to get AC:Brotherhood tho. Thats $40 at Best Buy now. I skipped the first AC because I heard it was boring/repetitive and went straight to AC2. Having no clue what to expect I was sold. Its one of those games without a multiplayer that you actually get your money worth.

step_back
06-09-2011, 05:35 AM
http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6318568/?tag=topslot;title;4

Interview and gameplay footage from E3.

craigthomasb
06-09-2011, 10:41 AM
load....blown

GOBB
06-09-2011, 01:50 PM
http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6318568/?tag=topslot;title;4

Interview and gameplay footage from E3.

Damn the games graphics are sweet.

Was there any DLC for Assasins Creed Brotherhood and was it worth buying?

KeylessEntry
06-09-2011, 02:14 PM
I recommend buying the 2nd one as well. It will help you get connected to the story. I didn't buy the first one but I managed to get caught up on the story. But the 2nd one leads to the 3rd one and I think the 3rd one will lead to the 4th one.

I have been planning to pick up the second one when I have a chunk of free time and I can pick it up on amazon for $10.

Should I play it?

I never played AC1 or 2 but I did get 3 from gamefly and I thought it was an awesome game. Didnt feel like it had been rushed at all. The open world environment is really fun, there are tons of side missions to complete along with the main story, the combat and movement is excellent, the cut scenes are suprisingly pretty good.... I think the third one is definitely worth a try.

step_back
06-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Damn the games graphics are sweet.

Was there any DLC for Assasins Creed Brotherhood and was it worth buying?

Definately worth buying. A solid 16 hours of gameplay and multiplayer. There are a few DLC most of which are free. I reccomend getting this game.

gasolina
06-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Couldn't open the links because I'm at work... but is it still Ezio?

Al Thornton
06-09-2011, 07:56 PM

Should I play it?

it's not 3, but yes you should play brotherhood, by far the best in the series. the multiplayer is great too, but its worth the purchase without it.

RapsFan
06-11-2011, 06:48 PM

Should I play it?

Brotherhood was unreal IMO in campaign mode. Definitely not just a multiplayer add on. I was easily 25 hours without a minute online...and I didn't find half the stuff I could have (did all missions outside of a few guild ones though).

nightprowler10
06-12-2011, 01:11 AM
I pre-ordered this game like a month ago. Apparently we'll be able to play as all of Altair, Ezio, and Desmond. Story wise, it's supposed to be the end of the ongoing storyline in preparation of AC3.

All y'all finish Brotherhood ASAP so we can discuss the ending!!

Scholar
06-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Shit, I'm far behind on the AC series. I have part one, but I stopped playing it because of how repetitive it is. I want to finish it, but it just doesn't hold my attention for too long.
I think I'll just trade it in for AC2 soon. Part one doesn't seem like it's extremely necessary to play in order to understand the series.

$LakerGold
06-12-2011, 05:37 PM
WOW, The Trailer look so real..
Too bad only the trailer looks real. lol

I played the first one, but the missions were repetitive and *eh*..
But Brotherhood and this looks great. ill give AC and this a try when this comes out..

AirTupac
06-15-2011, 04:34 PM
Playing brotherhood , very addicting.

AirTupac
06-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Wtf It Finished........... **** The Ending.

Bosnian Sajo
08-05-2011, 05:57 AM

Yea, def a short game but magnificent. I hope revelations will be much longer :D

Im hooked on gaming atm, bought dragon age origins and prince of persia (latest one) on Tuesday. Im already 25 hours in on dragon age (SUPER addictive, great for Ramadan since I cant really do nothin else) and have not even opened Persia yet. So by the time ACR comes out, ill have just finished these games :banana:

Bosnian Sajo
08-05-2011, 06:02 AM
BTW I think ima preorder the signature version from gamestop, 60 bucks and you get a BUNCH of bonus material.

nightprowler10
08-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Haha yeah. I thought the same thing. What a ****ing cliff hanger.

I see people skipping right to Brotherhood without ever playing the first two. I would not advise this at all. Skip the first, sure, you can catch up on the storyline in no time by reading about it online (and it really is very repetitive, even though I loved it at the time) but I think AC2 is a must play. The assassination missions outside of the main storyline were much better than in Brotherhood (more strategy driven) and the Bonfire of the Vanities DLC kicked ass. Not to mention the storyline was amazing. The end scene with Minerva when she addresses the protagonist was a real "whoa" moment. I literally had a Keanu Reeves look on my face. DO NOT SKIP.

AirTupac
10-22-2011, 02:12 AM
Bump :pimp:

Still getting Batman before this though.

Rose
11-17-2011, 12:23 PM
I got it Tuesday, only played an hour or two due to an overload of work this week for school, but holy cow. It's a good game. I love the new hook blade. It's great for obviously climbing, but you can flip over guys who are attacking you, but more importantly you can flip them over, and then stab them and kill them and it looks ****ing badass.

Storyline, is alright so far. Not that deep into it yet

niko
11-17-2011, 12:38 PM
I thought the intro sucked. it was so dark, you couldn't do much, it handheld too much. Once you get to the main city though it's great, looks like i will enjoy as much as the other games. The city is gorgeous and as you said, the hook is great.

I don't like the animus stuff and the first tower defense didn't move me. Hopefully there is not too much of either. Once i'm Ezio running around though, i absolutely love it. As much as the last game.

nightprowler10
11-17-2011, 01:58 PM
I was totally going to get it the day it came out, but Best Buy will have it for $35 apparently, so I'll wait. As much as I'm looking forward to playing the storyline, I really really hope they finally move on in the Desmond story.

Rose
11-18-2011, 12:40 PM
I thought the intro sucked. it was so dark, you couldn't do much, it handheld too much. Once you get to the main city though it's great, looks like i will enjoy as much as the other games. The city is gorgeous and as you said, the hook is great.

I don't like the animus stuff and the first tower defense didn't move me. Hopefully there is not too much of either. Once i'm Ezio running around though, i absolutely love it. As much as the last game.
The Animus stuff could get better, and I hope it does. I see some potential in it, but to me right now it's neither a good or bad thing. And the tower defense was kinda lame. But I thought it was interesting.

So far my two new favorite kills are with the hook, instead of you flipping over them you flip them at the last second and then stab them in the gut. The other is with the sword where you like stab in the neck, then swing around and make his head turn backwards before you pull the sword out. So ****ing badass.

Heavincent
11-18-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm buying this game next week. Can't Wait. I've always been a big Assassins Creed fan.

talkingconch
11-18-2011, 06:48 PM
is it sorta the same as brotherhood was or ac2

niko
11-18-2011, 07:11 PM
is it sorta the same as brotherhood was or ac2
Brotherhood.

Al Thornton
11-18-2011, 10:54 PM
how is multiplayer? is it significantly better than brotherhood?

Heavincent
11-18-2011, 11:45 PM
how is multiplayer? is it significantly better than brotherhood?

Who cares about MP in an Assassins Creed game? :confusedshrug:

Al Thornton
11-18-2011, 11:48 PM
Who cares about MP in an Assassins Creed game? :confusedshrug:

someone who liked brotherhood mp a lot? :confusedshrug:

Jimmy2k8
11-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Anybody have the game now? Is it worth the money to buy this game? I am a huge Assassin's Creed fan, but I don't want to read the long reviews for this game(too long, did not read).

Just a simple short review?

Noob Saibot
11-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Anybody have the game now? Is it worth the money to buy this game? I am a huge Assassin's Creed fan, but I don't want to read the long reviews for this game(too long, did not read).

Just a simple short review?

If you like exploring games or just games using stealth and strategy then Revelations is definitely a good by, AC: II and Brotherhood are also the same way. If you played and enjoyed Brotherhood then you will apprieciate Revelations also.

Rose
11-21-2011, 05:02 PM
someone who liked brotherhood mp a lot? :confusedshrug:
It's basically the same. Except now there's a Hunters mode where its 4 on 4 one side tries not to die, the other hunts them down.

Maps need to be bigger IMO.

Heavincent
11-23-2011, 03:49 PM
I just played it all morning. I'm really enjoying it so far, but whoever came up with the idea to put den defense in this game should be taken out back and shot.

Rose
11-24-2011, 12:02 AM
The ending..

I'm so ****ing pissed. Garbage ending. Game was too short. Beat it in about 18 hours played with 80% synced on one play through.

Al Thornton
11-24-2011, 12:04 AM
It's basically the same. Except now there's a Hunters mode where its 4 on 4 one side tries not to die, the other hunts them down.

Maps need to be bigger IMO.

that was in the last.....

Rose
11-24-2011, 12:13 AM
that was in the last.....
I never played that mode.:D

Heavincent
11-24-2011, 12:30 AM
The ending..

I'm so ****ing pissed. Garbage ending. Game was too short. Beat it in about 18 hours played with 80% synced on one play through.

Don't spoil anything for me, but what's wrong with the ending? Is it abrupt or is it just stupid?

Rose
11-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Don't spoil anything for me, but what's wrong with the ending? Is it abrupt or is it just stupid?
No spoilers. I took my time writing this.

You know how you know the apocalypse is coming? and you just don't know what form it is? and you know that the temples are the keys to stopping it? Let's just say you'll be disappointed and wanting more. Plus I'm not even sure what the **** the Templars mission was through all of this now.

Actually I just looked it up, apparently there's supposed to be another one. That actually wraps it all up. I thought THIS one, was the last one. So the next one could be really good or really bad. I wish they just would have released this as a DLC for Brotherhood, or released it with the next one.

Heavincent
11-25-2011, 03:03 AM
I just finished DNA sequence 6 and God damn this game is amazing. Might be my favorite Assassins Creed game. Lets see how it finishes...But as of right now I'd rank them like this:

1.) Revelations
2.) II
3.) Brotherhood
4.) 1

Rose
11-25-2011, 11:15 AM
I just finished DNA sequence 6 and God damn this game is amazing. Might be my favorite Assassins Creed game. Lets see how it finishes...But as of right now I'd rank them like this:

1.) Revelations
2.) II
3.) Brotherhood
4.) 1
I like how everyone's least favorite is the first.:oldlol:

But I agree with your rankings mostly. This one just feels too short(and easy) to be my favorite.

Heavincent
11-25-2011, 02:38 PM
I like how everyone's least favorite is the first.:oldlol:

But I agree with your rankings mostly. This one just feels too short(and easy) to be my favorite.

The first one actually had a really good story, but it was so damn repetitive and the combat was flawed. It was good, but all of the other AC games blow it away in terms of gameplay and mission structure.

This game doesn't seem that short to me. Feels just a little bit shorter than II. I'm on DNA sequence 8 and I've been playing a lot for the past few days.

Rose
11-26-2011, 04:44 PM
The first one actually had a really good story, but it was so damn repetitive and the combat was flawed. It was good, but all of the other AC games blow it away in terms of gameplay and mission structure.

This game doesn't seem that short to me. Feels just a little bit shorter than II. I'm on DNA sequence 8 and I've been playing a lot for the past few days.
I beat the game in under 17 hours with 84% synch. I've never beaten one that fast, and surely not with that high of a completion. Although the game is almost over for you.

I agree with you on the first. I was actually really good at the combat in it. I only stopped playing because it glitched on me and took away my map. And I'm very OCD in the AC games wanting my map filled out.

Heavincent
11-26-2011, 05:07 PM
I finished it yesterday. I don't really know what to say about the ending...

Rose
11-26-2011, 05:10 PM
I finished it yesterday. I don't really know what to say about the ending...
Told you.:lol

They could have wrapped it up then and there but nooooo

Heavincent
11-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Told you.:lol

They could have wrapped it up then and there but nooooo

I hate that a new AC game comes out every year now. It's going to start getting stale. They should just release Assassins Creed III in 2013.

Rose
11-26-2011, 05:20 PM
I hate that a new AC game comes out every year now. It's going to start getting stale. They should just release Assassins Creed III in 2013.
Well they kinda can't since it's about 2012.

But I agree. I really dislike franchises that do that.

I mean seriously, another 5 minute cut scene, and I would have been happy with the game, and the franchise would have ended on a great note.

nightprowler10
11-27-2011, 04:58 AM
Just finished it in two days, yeah definitely too short. But lot's of fun.

To those saying that they should've wrapped it up in this one, Ubisoft said from the beginning that this one is merely meant to wrap up Altair and Ezio's storyline, and resolve a few things from Desmond's storyline. So it's not like they conned us into buying this game, it is what they said it will be. And as a huge fan of the series, I'm very happy with how the two assassins' stories turned out, but feeling a bit disappointed about Desmond's. I don't see how they've shown us anything about what's really going on that fans of the franchise hadn't already figured out.

There are too many aspects of the main story that are either unresolved or unexplored for this story line to have ended with this game. I do hope AC3 is the last AC game, dragging it on any longer than that will kill this franchise IMO. I reckon the next game will not focus around the use of the Animus, aside from minor side missions.

In any case, Ubisoft had created two epic characters in Altair and Ezio and it only feels appropriate that they got a proper ending.

Spoilers ho!

I did get confused about the mention of Cyprus at the end. Altair made a reference to it to his son so he can spread the rumor that that's where the apple is. The thing is that Borgia actually did find the apple there! I get that there are multiple apples, but why make a reference to Cyprus as if it was a fake destination when there WAS actually an apple there in AC2! Also, if Altair didn't put it in Cyprus, where did that apple come from? Need to do some digging.

By the way, am I the only one who was wary of Sofia at the end in the library? I was so afraid Ubisoft was gonna go cheesy on us and make Sofia a Templar all along and kill Ezio and take the apple. :lol

takeittothehoop
11-28-2011, 08:02 AM
Is Brotherhood worth picking up? I played AC2 and just got Revelations which I'm really enjoying. Ubisoft appear to have done a great job on this game.

Rose
11-28-2011, 12:27 PM
I totally thought the same thing about the chick. Especially when she was like "you go on alone" I was like she's gonna kill him...and that will wrap it all up. what an awesomely, kinda bad but totally surprising and surprisingly good ending.

Maniak
11-28-2011, 10:46 PM
I downloaded it on my PC and the controls are really weird. Feel like I'm playing a fighter game hitting all these weird combos.

Probably one of the games I'd enjoy more on console. Regardless, I'm cheap, so I'll only be playing it on PC :)

Qwyjibo
12-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Just picked up a combo-pack of AC, AC2 and AC:B for only $29.99. I figured it's time I finally get into this series.

GOBB
12-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Just picked up a combo-pack of AC, AC2 and AC:B for only $29.99. I figured it's time I finally get into this series.

Wow thats a great deal. Everyone tells me AC is boring as hell. I never played it but want too just for achievement hunting purposes. :lol

Maniak
12-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Wow thats a great deal. Everyone tells me AC is boring as hell. I never played it but want too just for achievement hunting purposes. :lol
Really? Everyone I know says it's awesome.

I suppose the ability to kill like 4 or 5 guys at a time in a variety of ways, sneaking around, assassinating, and so forth is a rather enticing concept.

Qwyjibo
12-29-2011, 03:57 PM
I've heard/read that too. That's its really repetitive. But with all the rave reviews for 2 and Brotherhood, I figure I can make time for AC just to get the full story of the series.

GOBB
12-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Really? Everyone I know says it's awesome.

I suppose the ability to kill like 4 or 5 guys at a time in a variety of ways, sneaking around, assassinating, and so forth is a rather enticing concept.

I mean the first AC of the series. Just the way you kill someone in AC differs in AC 2.

I played AC 2, AC B (both were awesome) and will get AC Rev later. First one I missed out on because everyone told me :no:

Maniak
12-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Oh alright. I haven't actually heard much about the first myself.

craigthomasb
12-29-2011, 09:12 PM
the first one, i didnt even complete, it was repetive as hell but 2 and ACB were great, there are some repetive parts, but sort of keeps it realistic if you know what i mean. just got revelations, played about an hour, going great so far

its really brought back the stealth games, like splinter cell and MGS, they seemed to give up on stealth wheras i love being cheeky bastard and stabbing people and hiding lol

Done_And_Done
12-30-2011, 09:41 AM
GOBB & Qwy - Buying the original AC may seem like a plausible decision to complete your collection of the series but I'll gauarn-damn-tee you that you'll never complete it lol.

It really and truly is one of the most redundantly repetitive games I've ever played on a modern console. While playing the first installment you realize how much potential the game has but are left disappointed because of it's lack of capitalization. Then AC2 hits the market and the series really starts to take off...

The good thing is that you can probably find a copy for a measly 10 bucks or less..... But like it said above, you're never finishing it though lol

craigthomasb
01-01-2012, 01:58 PM
GOBB & Qwy - Buying the original AC may seem like a plausible decision to complete your collection of the series but I'll gauarn-damn-tee you that you'll never complete it lol.

It really and truly is one of the most redundantly repetitive games I've ever played on a modern console. While playing the first installment you realize how much potential the game has but are left disappointed because of it's lack of capitalization. Then AC2 hits the market and the series really starts to take off...

The good thing is that you can probably find a copy for a measly 10 bucks or less..... But like it said above, you're never finishing it though lol

i got a copy of original AC included with revelations, win win situation? :confusedshrug:

craigthomasb
01-03-2012, 09:07 PM
the assassins out to get ezio in the game are a cool extra, i crap myself everytime lol

nightprowler10
01-04-2012, 10:48 PM
the assassins out to get ezio in the game are a cool extra, i crap myself everytime lol
Haha that music creeps me out!

nightprowler10
01-08-2012, 10:16 PM
i got a copy of original AC included with revelations, win win situation? :confusedshrug:
I had an unusually slow weekend so I played this. Ah the memories. Despite it's repetitiveness it had the best storyline of all the games that followed, and knowing all I know about the AC world, I still enjoyed having that story unfold in front of me. ACII definitely had the best combination of story telling and gameplay though IMO.

I'm up to the last assassination, and from what I remember, that whole sequence was incredibly tough. Probably the toughest thing to do in the entire AC series. :lol

Rake2204
01-09-2012, 12:50 AM
I see some of you guys talking about the original Assassins' Creed's repetitive and possibly boring nature. On a whim, I borrowed this game (and the second one) from my brothers. I've very early in the first one and the boredom is definitely my hang up so far. It feels like I'm watching a movie more than I'm playing a game. Does that change as the game progresses forward? And did anyone else have doubts about this franchise early on in the first game? I can't tell if I should just stop playing because perhaps these types of games just aren't my style or if I should hang in there and get reeled in to the storyline.

nightprowler10
01-09-2012, 01:58 AM
The first is repetitive but the story is great after like the first three assassinations with a major cliffhanger at the end. The second one starts off kinda slow as they build up Ezio's character, but then really picks up and the rest of the series basically never slows down.

Each game except the last one has an excellent ending that you never see coming and story telling is great throughout.

Gameplay wise the original is the lowest point of the franchise. When I first played it I definitely rolled my eyes at the missions a few times, but I knew that there was great effort put into it and that it was only gonna get better.

Then again, I'm kind of a history nerd wannabe so my opinions might be skewed.

Heavincent
01-09-2012, 05:53 PM
The 1st one definitely had the best story. The assassination missions in the first one were WAY better than the assassination missions in the other AC games.

GOBB
01-09-2012, 06:10 PM
I got the first AC used last week. $7, not a bad price. I initially was going to try and complete it (1000g as well) within a week so I could return it and get my money back. But that didnt happen. I'll get back into it tho. Played to the part where some guy I thought was cool knives me in the gut. Didnt get far into it.

Rake2204
01-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Do all Assassins Creeds have long cinema scenes? I'm not used to that.

GOBB
01-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Do all Assassins Creeds have long cinema scenes? I'm not used to that.

Yeah, thats kind of how the story gets told. I dont find them long tho.

nightprowler10
01-11-2012, 10:18 AM
They're long, but not Metal Gear Solid long.

Finished the original AC last night. I never realized you could read the email in the conference room. Pretty revealing stuff. And I'm pretty sure I missed Lucy's little sign at the end the last time around.

Thoroughly enjoyed replaying it. Well, except the part where you the dozen templars. I always die like 5 times there. It feels so claustrophobic too. I figured out its much easier to get through it just using the hidden blade for combat instead of beating them silly with the sword.

nightprowler10
01-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Played to the part where some guy I thought was cool knives me in the gut. Didnt get far into it.
Al-Muallim is one of my favorite characters from the series, along with Uncle Mario and Cesare Borgia.