PDA

View Full Version : Is Dwyane Wade the greatest shot blocking guard in league history?

Doctor Rivers
06-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Wade has averaged at least one block per game five out of eight seasons he's been in the league. For reference Jordan has hit that minimum only 4 times in his career.

In the 2008-09 season he averaged a staggering 1.3 blocks/game!!

His blocks are the catalyst for many scoring runs the Heat go on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecZ71ZJLOg8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msiy0wgWUz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnKSGw8aTP0

AirJordan&Magic
06-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Though these Dwyane Wade threads are getting annoying, I could actually agree with this.

Ikill
06-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Though these Dwyane Wade threads are getting annoying, I could actually agree with this.
a lot more Wade fans compared to last year

ThaSwagg3r
06-07-2011, 05:46 PM
a lot more Wade fans compared to last year
Wade fans are created by LeBron haters. There is a correlation between the two. Most people who hate LeBron, like Wade or don't mind Wade.

Doctor Rivers
06-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Wade fans are created by LeBron haters. There is a correlation between the two. Most people who hate LeBron, like Wade or don't mind Wade.

I like LeBron. I just think Wade is by far a greater player.

Ikill
06-07-2011, 05:47 PM
not really theres just in general more Wade fans and a lot of them like Lebron too.

Ikill
06-07-2011, 05:48 PM
I like LeBron. I just think Wade is by far a greater player.
When did you start thinking this?

Doctor Rivers
06-07-2011, 05:51 PM
When did you start thinking this?

When we were all witnesses to his greatness in the 2006 Finals

ihatetimthomas
06-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Its pretty close, but i still go MJ. He averaged a staggering 1.5 and 1.6 bpg on back to back seasons playing 82 games each season. Through their first 8 seasons, they are close with Wade averaging about .1 more, but MJ had more blocks in total

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Doctor Rivers,
Is Dwyane Wade the greatest human being of all time?
also, do you expect him to cure cancer this summer?

Hank
06-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Its pretty close, but i still go MJ. He averaged a staggering 1.5 and 1.6 bpg on back to back seasons playing 82 games each season. Through their first 8 seasons, they are close with Wade averaging about .1 more, but MJ had more blocks in total

Wade just completed his 3rd consecutive season of averaging over a block per game.

It's the first time a guard has accomplished that in almost 40 years.

so obviously that's something jordan was never able to accomplish.

ihatetimthomas
06-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Wade just completed his 3rd consecutive season of averaging over a block per game.

Well, you are wrong there. Jordan averaged 1.2, 1.5, and 1.6 in 3 consecutive years. He only played 18 games in the first one, but it still happened. And quite frankly, I value his 1.5 and 1.6 back to back bpg stats higher than wades last 3.

Doctor Rivers
06-07-2011, 07:28 PM

:applause: :applause:

Hank
06-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Well, you are wrong there. Jordan averaged 1.2, 1.5, and 1.6 in 3 consecutive years. He only played 18 games in the first one, but it still happened. 3.

no it didn't happen because it was less than 1/4 of a season. Way too small of a sample size. And it also didn't happen according to the NBA either and their record books. As the NBA have acknowledged Wade as being the first player to do it for 3 consecutive seasons in almost 40 years.

G-train
06-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Right now Wade is undoubtedly the second best shotblocker at the 2 behind Jordan.

When its all said and done Wade will be higher I believe.

97 bulls
06-07-2011, 07:40 PM

See, this again is a classic example of only looking at stats. But not taking the respective eras into account. Wade doesn't have to worry about illegal defense. So he can roam alot more than back in jordans day. Its a concept that im sure pro wade fans will refuse to acknowledge cuz the truth isn't really important. Just agendas

Ikill
06-07-2011, 07:42 PM
See, this again is a classic example of only looking at stats. But not taking the respective eras into account. Wade doesn't have to worry about illegal defense. So he can roam alot more than back in jordans day. Its a concept that im sure pro wade fans will refuse to acknowledge cuz the truth isn't really important. Just agendas
be serious your a Wade hater

Hank
06-07-2011, 07:44 PM

And you're a classic example of someone who doesn't look objectively at everything involving different eras.

in the same NBA.com story I read on Wade leveraging his 3rd consecutive season of having that blk average, they showed why guards used to harness a lot more blocks back in Jordan's era compared to today.

What Wade is doing is even more impressive considering all of that. Because it's less the norm now compared to back in those other eras.. for a variety of reasons they mentioned.

97 bulls
06-07-2011, 07:51 PM
And you're a classic example of someone who doesn't look objectively at everything involving different eras.

in the same NBA.com story I read on Wade leveraging his 3rd consecutive season of having that blk average, they showed why guards used to harness a lot more blocks back in Jordan's era compared to today.

What Wade is doing is even more impressive considering all of that. Because it's less the norm now compared to back in those other eras.. for a variety of reasons they mentioned.
Really? Name some of the reasons they gave.

97 bulls
06-07-2011, 07:58 PM
be serious your a Wade hater
Lol why are you accusing me of being a wade hater? Cuz I try to be subjective. And look at situations as opposed to just stats?

What im doing is no different than in any other situation in life. For instance. A $1000 isn't worth nearly as much now as it was back in the 80s. So if a guy says he made a$ 1000 dollars back then, that's like the equivalent to 1500 to 2000 today. its all relative to the terms and conditions.

Im sure you don't believe that wilt chamberlain would be able to avg 50 ppg in this era right?

andgar923
06-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Wade is my fav player and he's great at blocking shots, but MJ was simply better. Not a whole lot better, just better.

Aside from the physical attributes, MJ was able to know how and when to block and jump. He'd block shots while contorting his body to avoid a foul, jump up to block a shot with one hand and then while in mid air change his body angle and block with the other. His timing was so impeccable that he'd jump before the offensive player even set up for a shot (re-read), hang in the air and block it cleanly.

Boston C's
06-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Doctor Rivers,

LMAOOOOOO.... greatest post i have seen today

L.Kizzle
06-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Guess no one has heard of George Gervin?

He avg 1.6, twice, 1.5. Over 1 block for 7 seasons, and 1 season at .9 blocks.

Kobe24Clutch
06-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Doctor Rivers,
:roll: :roll:
Doctor Rivers = On wade's dick.

Boston C's
06-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Guess no one has heard of George Gervin?

He avg 1.6, twice, 1.5. Over 1 block for 7 seasons, and 1 season at .9 blocks.

some well deserved love for the iceman

sh0wtime
06-07-2011, 08:20 PM
At his size probably, much of that has to do with his ridicilous wingspan, he is 6'4" and has just about almost the same wingspan as most 6'9"-6'11" forwards/centers, 1 inch or a half shorter than Lebron's wingspan for example.

But then you have to also remember that blocks & steals were not recorded back in the days. I'm sure the likes of Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor (6'4-6'5) or even some smaller guys would had many more blocks than Wade.

But as a guard, you could say its George Gervin and after him Michael Jordan, Dwyane Wade.

asdf1990
06-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Doctor Rivers,

Relax he is good but only Jordan could cure cancer.

PP34Deuce
06-07-2011, 08:54 PM
This is hard....MJ was the master of the Block steal. dude would block a guys shot and palm the ball in his hand for the steal.

Kept theball in play 80 percent of the time.

OldSchoolBBall
06-07-2011, 09:10 PM
He's behind at least MJ imo. Zone helps his numbers because he gets to hang around plays (especially in and near the lane) a lot more than Jordan was ever able to under man-to-man rules. Wade doesn't have to stick to his man closely and can track plays and hang around plays longer due to zone rules, leading to more blocks and more block opportunities. Wade under man to man rules would average .8-1.0 bpg annually with high seasons of 1.2-1.3 bpg. Jordan under zone rules would be at 1.2-1.4 bpg annually, with high seasons of 1.6-1.8 bpg.

He's a fantastic shotblocker, though.

detroitdogg
06-07-2011, 09:45 PM
He's behind at least MJ imo. Zone helps his numbers because he gets to hang around plays (especially in and near the lane) a lot more than Jordan was ever able to under man-to-man rules. Wade doesn't have to stick to his man closely and can track plays and hang around plays longer due to zone rules, leading to more blocks and more block opportunities. Wade under man to man rules would average .8-1.0 bpg annually with high seasons of 1.2-1.3 bpg. Jordan under zone rules would be at 1.2-1.4 bpg annually, with high seasons of 1.6-1.8 bpg.

He's a fantastic shotblocker, though.
You knoe bout 40% of Wades blocks comes off his man, matter of fact, you could say that Wade is the most versitile shotblocker to ever play the game, and im talkin all positions. How you ask, cause Wade gets his blocks evey way possible, over the last 8 years he leads all players and positions in blocked jumpshots, bigs dont block many jumpers. Im willing to bet he is top 10 in man to man blocks for all positions considering most bigs get theirs off help, and im willing to bet that he leads all players in fastbreak blocks, dude is pound for pound the best shotblocker to ever play the game really, theres not much disputing it.

97 bulls
06-07-2011, 09:59 PM
You knoe bout 40% of Wades blocks comes off his man, matter of fact, you could say that Wade is the most versitile shotblocker to ever play the game, and im talkin all positions. How you ask, cause Wade gets his blocks evey way possible, over the last 8 years he leads all players and positions in blocked jumpshots, bigs dont block many jumpers. Im willing to bet he is top 10 in man to man blocks for all positions considering most bigs get theirs off help, and im willing to bet that he leads all players in fastbreak blocks, dude is pound for pound the best shotblocker to ever play the game really, theres not much disputing it.
Wow, this is one of thhe most rdiculous posts ever. And you call me a bad poster oldschool? Wow

detroitdogg
06-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Wow, this is one of thhe most rdiculous posts ever. And you call me a bad poster oldschool? Wow
LMAO, what was rediculous, are you just uneducated and dont know what versitile means, name me one person in the league who blocks shots more ways than Wade, ill wait.

Oh yeah, and name me somebody who blocks more jumpers, or who gets more on the break (Bron and him should be close).

Smoke117
06-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Whether Wade is or Jordan is...97 Bulls your opinion is clearly subjective. We've agreed on other things before...but you are clearly biased in your argument here. If you can't be objective than why bother? Your opinion is marred by bias.

Fatal9
06-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Yes.

And Wade is averaging even more blocks if everyone at his position (and the league) was less athletic and undersized. lol @ comparing raw numbers when one guy was so much more ahead of his time. We've had long time Bulls fans on here tell us how MJ would purposely let his guy drive in just so he could block him and get his defensive stats up. Wade meets people at the rim WAY more than MJ did, he's like a big man.

1987_Lakers
06-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Tonight's game has me convinced he is #1. Did you see that block on Chandler?:eek:

Bone Machine
Yes....

Marquis Daniels
someone gif that shit :applause: :applause:

OldSchoolBBall
06-07-2011, 11:54 PM
You knoe bout 40% of Wades blocks comes off his man,

What kind of BS is this? 40%? :oldlol: Try less than 10%, if that.

97 bulls
06-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Whether Wade is or Jordan is...97 Bulls your opinion is clearly subjective. We've agreed on other things before...but you are clearly biased in your argument here. If you can't be objective than why bother? Your opinion is marred by bias.
No more than his opinion as a heat fan. Besides, what did I say that was biased? Career-wise, jordan is the all-time leader for block by a SG. His career avg is .08 and wade is at 1.0. You don't think that if wade is able to play another 7 years which will include a time that he will clearly be below what we see from him today athletically, that his blks will drop below jordan?

And even when we disagree you still my boy.

97 bulls
06-08-2011, 12:36 AM
LMAO, what was rediculous, are you just uneducated and dont know what versitile means, name me one person in the league who blocks shots more ways than Wade, ill wait.

Oh yeah, and name me somebody who blocks more jumpers, or who gets more on the break (Bron and him should be close).
Wade is an amzing shot blocker. But you were saying things that were just off the cuff. I do think wade is the best non big-man shot blocker in the league today. But not in history. Jordan was just as versitle and like I said earlier, he didn't have the huge advantage of being able to roam freely.

But that block on chandler was as amazing as they come.

Heat007
06-08-2011, 12:41 AM
Yes.

And Wade is averaging even more blocks if everyone at his position (and the league) was less athletic and undersized. lol @ comparing raw numbers when one guy was so much more ahead of his time. We've had long time Bulls fans on here tell us how MJ would purposely let his guy drive in just so he could block him and get his defensive stats up. Wade meets people at the rim WAY more than MJ did, he's like a big man.

that's exactly correct. Wade is a much better "rim protector" than MJ was. Wade has blocked just about every 7-footer in the league, and right at the rim. go to youtube and you'll see that site is filled with them.

For gods sakes the Heat place Wade like a center roaming around the rim late in games. How many teams employ their 6-foot-4 SG at the rim late in games to protect the rim ?? lol. And Wade has been doing that for years.

Do yourself a favor and watch the last 5 minutes of game 5 against boston again. Wade is down there like a center and altered a bunch of shots right at the rim. All were misses because of Wade.

The Celtics didn't make a single bucket in the final 5 minutes of regulation. Not one for their entire team... mostly because of Wade.

OldSchoolBBall
06-08-2011, 12:44 AM
Wade meets people at the rim WAY more than MJ did, he's like a big man.

He does that because he's always NEAR the rim to begin with. Wade NEVER (or at least very seldom) covers a lot of ground laterally on his block attempts in the paint, and that's because he doesn't HAVE TO by and large since he's frequently roaming around in and near the lane anyway. The rules facilitate this. Go watch any of his at the rim blocks and pay attention to where he starts from.

lol @ thinking MJ wouldn't be at 1.2 bpg annually under zone rules - I can't imagine the havoc he would cause defensively if you allowed him to play areas and hang around the lane more. double lol @ "he's like a big man", which is a comment I've seen many Wade homers make. Wade gets credit for his fantastic timing/anticipation, effort and intensity on the defensive end, but to act like what he does couldn't be done by a select couple of other elite shotblocking SG's in history given zone rules is farcical.

ThaRegul8r
06-08-2011, 01:05 AM
I'm sure the likes of Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor (6'4-6'5) or even some smaller guys would had many more blocks than Wade.

Not Robertson or Baylor, but Jerry West deserves mention.

Bill Sharman: Although they didn

Hank
07-24-2012, 02:38 AM
You know bout 40% of Wades blocks comes off his man, matter of fact, you could say that Wade is the most versitile shotblocker to ever play the game, and im talkin all positions. How you ask, cause Wade gets his blocks evey way possible, over the last 8 years he leads all players and positions in blocked jumpshots, bigs dont block many jumpers. Im willing to bet he is top 10 in man to man blocks for all positions considering most bigs get theirs off help, and im willing to bet that he leads all players in fastbreak blocks, dude is pound for pound the best shotblocker to ever play the game really, theres not much disputing it.

Yes siree

Wade hit the mark of 1+ bpg again this season.. and he he had 1+ bpg in "every round" of this year's playoffs (1.3 vs knicks, 1.3 vs pacers, 1.4 vs celtics, 1.2 vs OKC)

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Heavincent
07-24-2012, 02:39 AM
Sorry hank, but D-Whistle is washed up.

EnoughSaid
07-24-2012, 02:41 AM
Sorry hank, but D-Whistle is washed up.

Please look up:

Game 4 vs Indiana, and Game 6 vs Indiana.

ON ONE KNEE. :rolleyes:

Heavincent
07-24-2012, 02:43 AM
Please look up:

Game 4 vs Indiana, and Game 6 vs Indiana.

ON ONE KNEE. :rolleyes:

His only 2 good games of the playoffs :applause:

Hank
07-24-2012, 02:48 AM
lol. Wade playing on one leg had 23/6/5/1.4/1.2 in the Finals... and shot a better percentage in the Finals than Kobe's career avg in the Finals

Love it when kobe stans come in here , because of course Wade's FG% in the playoffs at 46%, playing as bad as he can play AS HE PLAYED ON ONE LEG, was as good as kobe can get.. Kobe has never had a season above 47%

Heavincent
07-24-2012, 02:49 AM
lol. Wade playing on one leg had 23/6/5/1.4/1.2 in the Finals... and shot a better percentage in the Finals than Kobe's career avg in the Finals

Love it when kobe stans come in here , because of course Wade's FG% in the playoffs at 46% was as good as kobe can get.. Kobe has never had a season above 47%

Wade has been an afterthought for the majority of his career. Deal with it.

Ketchup
07-24-2012, 02:50 AM

If Kobe fans count Kobe's 6-24 game as a good game; which they do, then every single one of Wade's games were good going by that standard.

As to answer the question, I believe he is. He has consistency, longevity and some good career highs in the area. Trumps Jordan here I believe.
I'd say Wade is a better blocker than he is at stealing the ball.

Hank
07-24-2012, 02:52 AM
only afterthought today is your LA Fakers and their 1 for 9 second round exits :oldlol: :oldlol:

You know bout 40% of Wades blocks comes off his man, matter of fact, you could say that Wade is the most versitile shotblocker to ever play the game, and im talkin all positions. How you ask, cause Wade gets his blocks evey way possible, over the last 8 years he leads all players and positions in blocked jumpshots, bigs dont block many jumpers. Im willing to bet he is top 10 in man to man blocks for all positions considering most bigs get theirs off help, and im willing to bet that he leads all players in fastbreak blocks, dude is pound for pound the best shotblocker to ever play the game really, theres not much disputing it.

Yes siree

Wade hit the mark of 1+ bpg again this season.. and he he had 1+ bpg in "every round" of this year's playoffs (1.3 vs knicks, 1.3 vs pacers, 1.4 vs celtics, 1.2 vs OKC)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/pro--sports/34r92io.gif

Heavincent
07-24-2012, 02:54 AM
Yes siree

You posted this on the previous page you ****wad. Are you that desperate for attention?

Hank
07-24-2012, 02:57 AM
If Kobe fans count Kobe's 6-24 game as a good game; which they do, then every single one of Wade's games were good going by that standard.

As to answer the question, I believe he is. He has consistency, longevity and some good career highs in the area. Trumps Jordan here I believe..

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/pro--sports/flashB.gifhttp://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/pro--sports/flashB.gif

EnoughSaid
07-24-2012, 03:08 AM

Well, unlike the Lakers, Miami actually managed to get past the second round. :rolleyes:

Hank
07-24-2012, 03:08 AM
Wade's sick block on Brandon Bass in ECF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsVVwwKsxJM

^ get dat sh!t outta here!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

Hank
07-24-2012, 03:26 AM
beast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MrzhmuhBV4

^ timing and elevation on that replay :bowdown: :bowdown:... against poor victim Steve Nash who got dumped to the crowd :oldlol:

Dwade305
07-24-2012, 03:30 AM
Those 2 videos are a past his prime Wade still keeping up. In his prime he use to block Tony Parker and AI on a fastbreak, no chasedown, just straight up timing the fastest players as the last man back. Plus he has been blocking 7 footers since his 2nd year in the league, most definitely the most diverse shot blocker at the guard position. Those who say he is just mainly a weakside shot blocker like Lebron is are crazy and have missed out alot.

Hank
07-24-2012, 03:32 AM
Those 2 videos are a past his prime Wade still keeping up. In his prime he use to block Tony Parker and AI on a fastbreak, no chasedown, just straight up timing the fastest players as the last man back. Plus he has been blocking 7 footers since his 2nd year in the league, most definitely the most diverse shot blocker at the guard position. Those who say he is just mainly a weakside shot blocker like Lebron is are crazy and have missed out alot.

announcers gasping with "took my breath away" gestures... and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98zAs6sS8yk

^^ "OH MY GOODNESS!!!" gestures :oldlol: ... Wade = best shot blocking guard EVER

Dwade305
07-24-2012, 03:40 AM
announcers gasping with "took my breath away" gestures... and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98zAs6sS8yk

^^ "OH MY GOODNESS!!!" gestures :oldlol: ... Wade = best shot blocking guard EVER
remember Jelani Mccoy, dont know wtf he was thinking here:lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tygi1iy5brY

Hank
07-24-2012, 03:47 AM
some of Wade's blocks last season on Garnett, Boozer, Westbrook, Dwight, Deng, Duncan etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8PwH2m1uZk

SyRyanYang
07-24-2012, 04:14 AM
Tmac could have been a great shot blocking guard if not injured.:(

dannysc305
07-24-2012, 05:45 AM

ONLY 2 GOOD GAMES? How ignorant can you be? Do you think before you speak? Do you check the stats before you open your mouth about a 2 time Champ, Finals MVP, Scoring Champ, 8 time All Star, and All Star MVP? He's not even the Heat's go to guy he's the second option and he had:

Vs. NYK Game 2: 25 PTS
Vs. NYK Game 3: 20 PTS
Vs. NYK Game 4: 22 PTS

Vs. IND Game 1: 29 PTS
Vs. IND Game 2: 24 PTS
Vs. IND Game 4: 30 PTS
Vs. IND Game 5: 28 PTS
Vs. IND Game 6: 41 PTS

Vs. BOS Game 1: 22 PTS
Vs. BOS Game 2: 23 PTS
Vs. BOS Game 4: 20 PTS
Vs. BOS Game 5: 27 PTS
Vs. BOS Game 7: 23 PTS

Vs. OKC Game 2: 24 PTS
Vs. OKC Game 3: 25 PTS
Vs. OKC Game 4: 25 PTS
Vs. OKC Game 5: 20 PTS

I don't know what your out of this world standards are for a "good" game but I listed all his playoff games with 20 or more and this guy is playing next to LeBron freaking James get the **** outta here.

The ignorance on these forums is getting out of hand. No real debate. No objectivity. Stans and trolls aplenty.

I also have this for your viewing pleasure Mr. Heavincent. 11 straight minutes of nonstop OWNAGE you bleeping idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPVzvf3nPxQ

RazorBaLade
07-24-2012, 06:06 AM
ONLY 2 GOOD GAMES? How ignorant can you be? Do you think before you speak? Do you check the stats before you open your mouth about a 2 time Champ, Finals MVP, Scoring Champ, 8 time All Star, and All Star MVP? He's not even the Heat's go to guy he's the second option and he had:

Vs. NYK Game 2: 25 PTS
Vs. NYK Game 3: 20 PTS
Vs. NYK Game 4: 22 PTS

Vs. IND Game 1: 29 PTS
Vs. IND Game 2: 24 PTS
Vs. IND Game 4: 30 PTS
Vs. IND Game 5: 28 PTS
Vs. IND Game 6: 41 PTS

Vs. BOS Game 1: 22 PTS
Vs. BOS Game 2: 23 PTS
Vs. BOS Game 4: 20 PTS
Vs. BOS Game 5: 27 PTS
Vs. BOS Game 7: 23 PTS

Vs. OKC Game 2: 24 PTS
Vs. OKC Game 3: 25 PTS
Vs. OKC Game 4: 25 PTS
Vs. OKC Game 5: 20 PTS

I don't know what your out of this world standards are for a "good" game but I listed all his playoff games with 20 or more and this guy is playing next to LeBron freaking James get the **** outta here.

The ignorance on these forums is getting out of hand. No real debate. No objectivity. Stans and trolls aplenty.

I also have this for your viewing pleasure Mr. Heavincent. 11 straight minutes of nonstop OWNAGE you bleeping idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPVzvf3nPxQ

Good post sir. Keep it real.

Dwayne wade is a ****ing MONSTER for a SECOND option.

RaininTwos
07-24-2012, 10:21 AM
I wonder how many times do we have to see Wade protecting the rim before people just call it a day and say that Wade is better than Jordan at blocking shots? Jordan doesn't have the held up there as the perfect basketball player.

Horde of Temujin
07-24-2012, 11:47 AM
D-Wade gets so many blocks because opposing players allow him to block their shots rather than put referees in the impossible situation of calling a foul on Wade and out of fear of the repercussions of incessant bitching that would invariably arise.

Hank
07-24-2012, 12:10 PM
some of Wade's blocks last season on Garnett, Boozer, Westbrook, Dwight, Deng, Duncan etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8PwH2m1uZk

had to watch that again :bowdown: :bowdown:

Doctor Rivers
07-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Wade has averaged at least one block per game five out of eight seasons he's been in the league. For reference Jordan has hit that minimum only 4 times in his career.

In the 2008-09 season he averaged a staggering 1.3 blocks/game!!

His blocks are the catalyst for many scoring runs the Heat go on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecZ71ZJLOg8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnKSGw8aTP0

enjoyed watching these again :bowdown:

Hank
07-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Wade would be Hakeem if he was born to be a 7-footer. He has post up game, fantastic ability to finish around the rim in a wide variety of ways to score, & amazing timing and instincts and courage on the defensive end.

For a small sample, watch Boston Game 5 in 2011 and Wade's blocks and also his presence forcing bad misses by the rim to end that game and series for Boston. He does it often. Wade is so good at it, that part of the game plan is to have Wade roam in the paint at the end of games. No other 6 foot 4 player in history has been called upon to do that so often as Wade

^ and for good reason. I've watched Wade since the beginning, and I don't think there's a guard in history who gets so fired up after a block. What I mean by that is his adrenaline shoots through the roof and he can go on 6/7 shooting runs and take over games right after a block. Lifts him and his team up. This is because defense is in his heart

Doctor Rivers
07-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Right now Wade is undoubtedly the second best shotblocker at the 2 behind Jordan.

When its all said and done Wade will be higher I believe.

do you still agree?

2swift4u
07-24-2012, 02:01 PM
don't know if he's the greatest shot blocking guard in history but he sure is a unbelievably good shot blocker for his size.

Hank
07-24-2012, 03:55 PM
da best !

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/pro--sports/Dwyane-Wade-Block.jpg