PDA

View Full Version : Bayless - "Dwyane Wade is closest thing to Michael Jordan"

Heat007
06-08-2011, 04:49 PM
just said it.

He's 100% correct.

Wade has had series like this in the past on numerous occasions. this year, last year, and before that.

There's a good reason he's firmly in the Top 10 ALLTIME in NBA history for career playoff PER. Because he's a generational and transcendent talent. He's the closest we have seen to michael jordan in our lifetime as far as style and overall all-around game ( and ridiculous efficiency) for a guard..

Dirk along with Wade and Lebron are Top 3 in PER for the playoffs so far. And this isn't surprising considering the pedigree of these players. But a great article came out just in time revealing just how fantastic and consistent they've been compared to other elite players over the past 20 years.

http://www.backpicks.com/2011/05/18/...dition-part-i/

and here's an excerpt from that article:

"Of particular interest are the three players still playing the 2011 playoffs: Wade, James and Nowitzki. Their teams win significantly more when they shoot well, so much so that LeBron’s teams and Wade’s teams have win% approaching Michael Jordan‘s Bulls teams when MJ shot well.

Think about that for a second.

When Dwyane Wade shoots well, Miami has won at the rate of a 70-win team. When he doesn’t hit the 60% mark, a 34-win team. And he’s hit the mark in nearly half his playoff games, more than anyone on the list outside of Dirk Nowitzki. This further echoes the idea that Wade has been something special in the postseason."

More Data and relevance:

When Dirk plays/shoots poorly.....the Mavs are 5-25 in the playoffs. Thats a 16.7% win percentage. The lowest win percentage of any other player in the study.

The next lowest was Wade, followed by LeBron for 3rd.

This just confirms what smart basketball observers already know. Dirk, Wade, and Lebron have played with less help than any of the other elite players since 1991.

And we finally see it on paper.

And of course its no shock that the two most under-rated players of the last 20 years (wade and dirk) actually play well more frequently than any other players.

Dirk's at 44.2% frequency
Wade's at 43.9% frequency

Crown&Coke
06-08-2011, 04:50 PM
In terms of style of play, he is right.

But Skip Bayless is a crazy hater.

Doctor Rivers
06-08-2011, 04:51 PM
I've been quoted in the past and I will continue to be quoted; I think he's the best player in our league right now.
LeBron James (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeBron_James), youtube.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSsi2NayD6o&feature=PlayList&p=D9B5F0ED995B2E97&index=58)
Only God can stop Kobe Bryant.
Charles Barkley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Barkley), youtube.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4fmvnI08tQ)
He's an unbelievable player. He's God's gift, something that's going to flash before our eyes and I don't think it's ever going to happen again. The only person I can think about he's catching up with is Michael Jordan.
Rashard Lewis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashard_Lewis), seattlepi.nwsource (http://www.seattlepi.nwsource.com/basketball/311785_sonx16.html) [LIST]
I give him all the respect in the world. He is the No. 1 player in the league, by far. It

Hulk Hogan
06-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Neither Kobe or Jordan have ever faced a mavs type defense in the FINALS!

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Kobe nor Jordan have never faced a mavs type defense in the FINALS!

:roll:

Bring-Your-Js
06-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Wade can brick his next 14 shots in consecutive order. He'd still be shooting 50% for the series.

PJR
06-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Kobe nor Jordan have never faced a mavs type defense in the FINALS!

Kobe faced it in the second round. Sweep....

boozehound
06-08-2011, 04:58 PM
first, who the **** cares? This shit is a moot and pointless regurgitation of nothing.

Second, its skip bayless. This guy made his career (for what it is) by saying absolutely ridiculous shit for the sake of shock.

No one is the closest thing to MJ. None of them. and no one is the closest thing to magic, or KAJ or who the **** ever.

TheMan
06-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Wade may be closer to MJ than LBJ but he's still miles behind and he aint ever gonna catch MJ as GOAT.

Bring-Your-Js
06-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Why are people mad Wade's dropping 30 ppg on 59% efficiency in the Finals though? :oldlol:

Is it because he's doing it without shooting even half as many FTs as 2006? Is it because his performance shits on Kobe, Durant, Westbrook, Lebron.. against the same team? :oldlol:

ChandlerParsons
06-08-2011, 05:11 PM
:djparty

rule1223
06-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Why are people mad Wade's dropping 30 ppg on 59% efficiency in the Finals though? :oldlol:

Is it because he's doing it without shooting even half as many FTs as 2006? Is it because his performance shits on Kobe, Durant, Westbrook, Lebron.. against the same team? :oldlol:
wade with subpar series against bulls, no problem lebron leads them to a 4-1 win against the number 1 overall team in the playoffs. Lebron with a subpar series, wade struggling to handle the 3rd seeded mavs. Despite yesterdays abysmal game, lebron's stats are still marginally better than wades against the bulls. This team goes as lebron goes.

Heat007
06-08-2011, 05:29 PM
wade with subpar series against bulls, no problem lebron leads them to a 4-1 win against the number 1 overall team in the playoffs. .

no offense but that's an idiotic statement., Wade averaged 19 pts in that series and lebron only had 8 pts last night.

furthermore, Wade was a beast for rebounding in their wins against the bulls and also played lights out defense. And especially late in games where Wade totally showed up making plays.. Wade was clutch at the end of games 3, 4 and 5 of that series playing great at the end.

By contrast, Last night Lebron was 0/1 in the 4th, had 2 turnovers in the 4th, and marion and terry were abusing him when he was on defense. And LeBron just stopped going to the post or to the lane in the 4th to pass off to others in the 4th as well... That's a HUGE difference to what Wade did late in those Chicago games. LeBron was totally invisible in the 4th last night where Wade was very good in the 4th and overtime of those Bulls games..

and of course, LeBron only has 9 points in the 4th quarters in this Finals series.. Let me repeat that, LeBron King James is only averaging 2 points per game in the 4th quarters of the finals. Wade was clearly a lot better late in the chicago games when all those games pretty much came down to the end (like this series is showing)

Doctor Rivers
06-08-2011, 05:30 PM
[quote=Doctor Rivers]
I've been quoted in the past and I will continue to be quoted; I think he's the best player in our league right now.
LeBron James (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeBron_James), youtube.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSsi2NayD6o&feature=PlayList&p=D9B5F0ED995B2E97&index=58)
Charles Barkley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Barkley), youtube.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4fmvnI08tQ)
He's an unbelievable player. He's God's gift, something that's going to flash before our eyes and I don't think it's ever going to happen again. The only person I can think about he's catching up with is Michael Jordan.
Rashard Lewis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashard_Lewis), seattlepi.nwsource (http://www.seattlepi.nwsource.com/basketball/311785_sonx16.html) [LIST]
I give him all the respect in the world. He is the No. 1 player in the league, by far. It

Dwade305
06-08-2011, 05:32 PM
:roll::roll:
:lol :roll: :wtf: :oldlol: :wtf:

Heat007
06-08-2011, 05:37 PM

Funny because Wade was FAR superior against those Pistons defenses in the last decade than Kobe was. And Wade was FAR SUPERIOR against the Celtics in the 10 and 11 playoffs (2 series) than Kobe was against that same celtics defense (in the one series he played vs them last year).. and on and on and on she goes. Wade ALWAYS outperformed Kobe in all the 4 TIMES they've had similar supporting casts.. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. And of course, Kobe was a putrid with "UNDER" 30% shooting in 4th quarters in the 2009 and 2010 finals... carried by that great front court they had that was a total mismatch for any team in the Western conference.. and carried by Shaq before (Shaq KILLED Kobe for PER in all those 3 titles playoff runs) .

And of course, Wade has ALWAYS played better than Kobe against the same competition.. Whether it be in the olympics or in the NBA. And it's proven yet again this year when Wade was A LOT better than Kobe was against the Celtics and Mavericks (Kobe was garbage against the Mavs while Wade is destroying out there - same for the 2 celtics series, etc etc etc)

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h467/Catrean/wade-kobe-lebron-playoff-breakdown-by-defense1.jpg

wade with subpar series against bulls, no problem lebron leads them to a 4-1 win against the number 1 overall team in the playoffs. .

no offense but that's an idiotic statement., Wade averaged 19 pts in that series and lebron only had 8 pts last night.

furthermore, Wade was a beast for rebounding in their wins against the bulls and also played lights out defense. And especially late in games where Wade totally showed up making plays.. Wade was clutch at the end of games 3, 4 and 5 of that series playing great at the end.

By contrast, Last night Lebron was 0/1 in the 4th, had 2 turnovers in the 4th, and marion and terry were abusing him when he was on defense. And LeBron just stopped going to the post or to the lane in the 4th to pass off to others in the 4th as well... That's a HUGE difference to what Wade did late in those Chicago games. LeBron was totally invisible in the 4th last night where Wade was very good in the 4th and overtime of those Bulls games..

and of course, LeBron only has 9 points in the 4th quarters in this Finals series.. Let me repeat that, LeBron "King" James is only averaging 2 points per game in the 4th quarters of the finals. Wade was clearly a lot better late in the chicago games when all those games pretty much came down to the end (like this series is showing)

If LeBron just showed "something" in the 4th quarters of these Finals, like Wade did in the Bulls series in the 4th quarters (and that overtime in game 4), then the Heat are now up 3-1 on the Mavericks, if not a 4-0 series sweep.

jrong
06-08-2011, 05:38 PM
wade with subpar series against bulls, no problem lebron leads them to a 4-1 win against the number 1 overall team in the playoffs. Lebron with a subpar series, wade struggling to handle the 3rd seeded mavs. Despite yesterdays abysmal game, lebron's stats are still marginally better than wades against the bulls. This team goes as lebron goes.

Stop it right now. LeBron forfeited all right to be called the best player in the league. He's simply not. And it's not just about the fact that he's on the verge of his FOURTH playoff series failure, where the entire series is a failure for him (once against the Spurs and twice against the Celtics before this). The basketball explanation is that he can not break down playoff defense off the dribble. And since he has no post game other than a fade away, he's got no options if his outside shot isn't falling.

detroitdogg
06-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Stop it right now. LeBron forfeited all right to be called the best player in the league. He's simply not. And it's not just about the fact that he's on the verge of his FOURTH playoff series failure, where the entire series is a failure for him (once against the Spurs and twice against the Celtics before this). The basketball explanation is that he can not break down playoff defense off the dribble. And since he has no post game other than a fade away, he's got no options if his outside shot isn't falling.
This is the god given truth, yes im a Wade fan and have been since Marquette, but me nor you are Bron haters, and his biggest problem right now (and the reason why I say Wade has always been the better player) is his inability to breakdown defenses off the dribble. The last few years he was a lil bit faster so it helped him, but this whole year Bron has been a jumpshooter, his jumper has gotten great, but heis not a great shooteris, so if the J is not falling then he has nothing to go to.

I have seen every Heat game this year and most of them from the last 8 years, Wade is just on another level when it comes to getting to the basket. He is just as good a rebounder, just as good a passer, a better defender, so tell me, hoe the hell is Bron a better player, shyt is crazy. Bron is a once in a lifetime talent, but thatdoes not mean GOAT off rip. Maybe if Miami wins, by finals time next year people will realize that Bron and Wade are too close to say one is better. I know one thing though, they both are on a level past Kobe, Kobe never affected the game like those 2.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-08-2011, 06:02 PM
the games come on pretty late so im in bed dozing in and out most of the time, but i imagine wade doesn't see many double teams so comparing him to kobe or mj is pretty moot imo.

Meticode
06-08-2011, 06:05 PM
:sleeping

Dragonyeuw
06-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Wade is closest in style to Jordan circa 88-93. Kobe's game is modeled after the 2nd threepeat Jordan.

detroitdogg
06-08-2011, 06:12 PM
the games come on pretty late so im in bed dozing in and out most of the time, but i imagine wade doesn't see many double teams so comparing him to kobe or mj is pretty moot imo.
LMAO, STFU youngin, you sound dumb as fukk. Bron has seen one on one coverage all through the playoffs, why, cause coaches know thatb bhe has been a straight jumpshooter in the half court this year, why double when you know he will have a 10 second isolation that leads to a tough jumper 80% of the time.

I hate talking to kids about this gown man shyt, but let me teach you something. Bron and Wade are both one on one isolation scorers, neither of them spotsup for jumpers or moves around a lot off the ball, they open up absolutley nothing for each other and its been like that all season. Only a dumbass coach would design off ball defensive schemes for 2 nyggas that does not spot upor cut much, FOH with your lil kiddie analysis.

There is a reason why you see Wade splitting multiple defenders when you watch ESPN highlights, he and Bron are still played like they were last year without the help.

detroitdogg
06-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Wade is closest in style to Jordan circa 88-93. Kobe's game is modeled after the 2nd threepeat Jordan.
I agree

LeFraud Shames
06-08-2011, 06:15 PM

Exceptional post. :applause:

rs98762001
06-08-2011, 06:17 PM
With Heat007 and Doctor Rivers, this is like a Special Olympics showdown between the two biggest groupies of all time.

tazb
06-08-2011, 06:22 PM
With Heat007 and Doctor Rivers, this is like a Special Olympics showdown between the two biggest groupies of all time.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4242/2nhjfcp.jpg http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4242/2nhjfcp.jpg http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4242/2nhjfcp.jpg

lakerfreak
06-08-2011, 06:22 PM
This type of comment just goes to show that you can never really be wrong when you are giving your opinion on something. There are things that Lebron, Wade, Kobe, even Carmelo do that are similar to what Jordan has done. Carmelo's flawless jumpshot, Wade's ball handling, Lebron's all around game, and Kobe's killer instinct are all things that they have taken from Jordan.

Everyone has their opinion on who is the greatest, and their preference of who should win. In the end, all these players still have weaknesses and whoever's weakness gets exposed the most in these basketball games, are the ones that lose.

By the way, has someone ever come out with Dirk being close to Jordan? The guy deserves some compliments for how well he has been leading this team, whether the mavs end up winning or losing.

Heavincent
06-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Who cares what he has to say. He's from ESPN.

d.bball.guy
06-08-2011, 06:47 PM
:roll::roll:
I'm confused...:confusedshrug:

Ronin
06-08-2011, 07:24 PM
does this guy get paid more for saying crazy things? Was he Jordan like when he didn't have Bosh and LeBron?

detroitdogg
06-08-2011, 07:31 PM
does this guy get paid more for saying crazy things? Was he Jordan like when he didn't have Bosh and LeBron?
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah, and he has been the most Kordanlike since he 1st stepped foot in the NBA, it just took 8 years for him to show it a 2nd time.

Sometimes I wounder do most of you dudes even watch games at all

Ronin
06-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah, and he has been the most Kordanlike since he 1st stepped foot in the NBA, it just took 8 years for him to show it a 2nd time.

Sometimes I wounder do most of you dudes even watch games at all

I watch plenty of basketball

LA_Showtime
06-08-2011, 08:09 PM
This type of comment just goes to show that you can never really be wrong when you are giving your opinion on something. There are things that Lebron, Wade, Kobe, even Carmelo do that are similar to what Jordan has done. Carmelo's flawless jumpshot, Wade's ball handling, Lebron's all around game, and Kobe's killer instinct are all things that they have taken from Jordan.

Everyone has their opinion on who is the greatest, and their preference of who should win. In the end, all these players still have weaknesses and whoever's weakness gets exposed the most in these basketball games, are the ones that lose.

By the way, has someone ever come out with Dirk being close to Jordan? The guy deserves some compliments for how well he has been leading this team, whether the mavs end up winning or losing.

Whomever.

Jacks3
06-08-2011, 08:14 PM
What a insult to Jordan.

Jordan was the best mid-range shooter in the league and perhaps the most skilled player in the league.

Wade is a terrible shooter and has a very limited skill-set. Big difference.

Lucifer
06-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Skip Bayless and a Wade homer agree to this :roll:

So a week ago LBJ was better then MJ.
This week Wade is the closest thing to MJ.
When the Mavs win the championship, both will get hated on all-summer and Kobe is king again on ISH.

Mr. I'm So Rad
06-08-2011, 08:26 PM
If Wade is the closest thing to Jordan, then does that mean LeBron is the closest thing to Pippen?

Mr. I'm So Rad
06-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Skip Bayless and a Wade homer agree to this :roll:

So a week ago LBJ was better then MJ.
This week Wade is the closest thing to MJ.
When the Mavs win the championship, both will get hated on all-summer and Kobe is king again on ISH.

Nah they're gonna jump to Dirk and then Howard

jimalojj
06-08-2011, 08:28 PM
I'm a Heat fan and Wade is a beast but a prime Kobe is the closest thing to MJ. I dnt like Kobe for a number of reasons but unlike most on here im not gonna let that get in the way of truth.

d.bball.guy
06-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Nah they're gonna jump to Dirk and then Howard
Juwan?

Ne 1
06-08-2011, 08:39 PM
What a insult to Jordan.

Jordan was the best mid-range shooter in the league and perhaps the most skilled player in the league.

Wade is a terrible shooter and has a very limited skill-set. Big difference.

Defiantly is an insult to Jordan. Wade can't even shoot past 15 feet.

24r2
06-08-2011, 08:39 PM
:oldlol: Dwayne Wade could not hit a freethrow to save his life, add that butterfingers on the last play and ***** put him above kobe? just when i though i saw everything on ish :oldlol: :oldlol:

Heat007
06-08-2011, 08:40 PM
"Dwyane Wade is the most Jordan-like player I have ever seen, it's sensational what a complete guard this guy is, he is on another planet, he can do everything" -- the very well-respected Hubie Brown in 2009.

Butters
06-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Heat007 is to Wade what bruceblitz is to Jordan.
hhmmm.......

amfirst
06-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Wade is nothing like MJ. Except for maybe finishing around the rim, but still not close. MJ would just post up day and night with the fade away that he never seems to miss. Something Wade and Bron has yet to master.

Heavincent
06-08-2011, 08:55 PM
"Dwyane Wade is the most Jordan-like player I have ever seen, it's sensational what a complete guard this guy is, he is on another planet, he can do everything" -- the very well-respected Hubie Brown in 2009.

Hubie Brown is probably one of the worst NBA color commentators of all time.

Seriously people, stop quoting people from ESPN. ESPN is absolute trash.

emaugust
06-08-2011, 09:08 PM
You wanna compare Dwyane to Michael.. that's cool. You wanna delude yourself into thinking they are even remotely near each other in terms of anything? That's on you.

LOL at Heat fans trying to push their players into the realm of the greats. You got the 2 best players in the league and you still might lose the championship. NOT VERY JORDAN LIKE YA KNOW? Get that outta here.

kaiiu
06-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Wade reminds me of 80s MJ.

oh the horror
06-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Wade reminds me of 80s MJ.

And that even was an unpolished Mike, still growing into his game.

This is probably the best Wade is ever going to be.

kaiiu
06-08-2011, 09:14 PM
And that even was an unpolished Mike, still growing into his game.

This is probably the best Wade is ever going to be.
Kobe is like 90s MJ

coin24
06-08-2011, 09:18 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Nash
06-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Kobe is like 90s MJ
:lol

kaiiu
06-08-2011, 09:22 PM
:lol
Lebron is like White Sox MJ :oldlol:

coin24
06-08-2011, 09:23 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :applause:

Nash
06-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Lebron is talent wise the closest thing to MJ. But then again Lebron is only 26 and has plenty of years in his career. We'll see how it pen out for him.

Heavincent
06-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Lebron is talent wise the closest thing to MJ. But then again Lebron is only 26 and has plenty of years in his career. We'll see how it pen out for him.

No way in hell.

Nash
06-08-2011, 09:28 PM
No way in hell.
No way in hell what? No, he'll probably never catch Jordan, but then again, nobody will.

Heat007
06-08-2011, 09:29 PM
You wanna compare Dwyane to Michael.. that's cool. You wanna delude yourself into thinking they are even remotely near each other in terms of anything? That's on you.

LOL at Heat fans trying to push their players into the realm of the greats. You got the 2 best players in the league and you still might lose the championship. NOT VERY JORDAN LIKE YA KNOW? Get that outta here.

that's because lebron is not even playing to scottie pippen level in this series. Wade didn't have a great series against chicago. but dammit Wade was great in 4th quarters (and overtime) late in games 3, 4 and 5. Wade was very instrumental in that series when it counted. Those games against chicago were decided in the 4th quarters, and Wade was huge and clutch late in games... and this series in the Finals is coming down to 4th quarters as well..

By contrast, lebron has only 9 points in the 4th quarters of this series.. and is making no impact in 4th quarters. Let me repeat that -- LeBron "the King" James is averaging 2 points in 4th Quarters in the NBA Finals.

moreover, Wade was a beast rebounder in their wins against chicago, and wade was a beast defender in 4th quarters and late in games against chicago. But lebron was just putrid defensively last night allowing terry and marion to score on him at will. Lebron looked totally uninterested and lackadaisical standing around, even on defense.

Wade, like Jordan, need some help. No player can do it alone.

Jasper
06-08-2011, 09:32 PM
D-Wade is my fav player...

But all time fav player is MJ.

-------------------------------

I've watch D-Wade in marquette and seen him carry sorry looking Heat teams into the playoff's.

he isn't MJ.
He ain't anyone I have ever seen (and that is 30+ years of watching the game)

HE was a SF in College , and played among the big boys , so the transition to SG wasn't to big of a stretch other than his handles.
He has an all around game, but what makes him an elite SG of the history of the league is that he can take it to the rack and take a pounding.
Watch him play guys , because he's at his prime right now , and you probably won't see another one like him for some time.

A few days ago I created a thread about Coach S. and him assisting Dwayne on his mechanics for his jumper. (Hope you'al read it)

Mr. I'm So Rad
06-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Juwan?

No I'm talking about Josh

Heavincent
06-08-2011, 09:35 PM
No way in hell what? No, he'll probably never catch Jordan, but then again, nobody will.

I respect Lebron and everything, but I don't think he'll even catch Kobe.

Nash
06-08-2011, 09:36 PM

that's because lebron is not even playing to scottie pippen level in this series. Wade didn't have a great series against chicago. but dammit Wade was great in 4th quarters (and overtime) late in games 3, 4 and 5. Wade was very instrumental in that series when it counted. Those games against chicago were decided in the 4th quarters, and Wade was huge and clutch late in games... and this series in the Finals is coming down to 4th quarters as well..

By contrast, lebron has only 9 points in the 4th quarters of this series.. and is making no impact in 4th quarters. Let me repeat that -- LeBron "the King" James is averaging 2 points in 4th Quarters in the NBA Finals.

moreover, Wade was a beast rebounder in their wins against chicago, and wade was a beast defender in 4th quarters and late in games against chicago. But lebron was just putrid defensively last night allowing terry and marion to score on him at will. Lebron looked totally uninterested and lackadaisical standing around, even on defense.

Why you acting as if Lebron has been complete shit every game like game 4? In game one he had more points than Wade, in game 2 he had 20 and in game 3 he had 17 points and 9 assists which basically means that he was involved in more points than Wade in that game.

Jasper
06-08-2011, 09:37 PM

I know you are a Wade fan , but just because Lebron had in so many eye's an off game last night , Lebron was actually a prime ingredient to the Heats success against Boston and Bulls series. He closed them out the last 3 minutes. Wade time was 6 minute mark to 3 minute mark.
One attribute you stated is that when he plays in the playoff's he comes to help on boards more so than regular season. This is smart play.
But last nights game , did you see him play weak side defense and come over and attempt to block several shots , besides the shots he blocked :confusedshrug: What SG does that ??
That was excellent 'D'

Ne 1
06-08-2011, 09:41 PM
I respect Lebron and everything, but I don't think he'll even catch Kobe.

Kobe? He might not even catch Dominique Wilkins.

Heat007
06-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Why you acting as if Lebron has been complete shit every game like game 4? In game one he had more points than Wade, in game 2 he had 20 and in game 3 he had 17 points and 9 assists which basically means that he was involved in more points than Wade in that game.

but aside from shutting down Terry in game 1 in the 4th quarter, LeBron has been invisible in 4th quarters. Again, lebron is averaging 2 points per game in the 4th quarters for this series,. that is ABYSMAL ! and what's even worse is, lebron is only averaging ONE REBOUND per game in the 4th quarters for this series.. and of course, lebron had 3 turnovers in the 4th last night, and more turnovers per quarter in the 4th for him than any quarter in the series.. meanwhile, Wade was a beast in 4th quarters in the chicago series.

Wade only had 2 less pts than lebron in game 1, but Wade was a beast in the 4th quarter on all ends of the court, including scoring, and brought that game home for miami.

And Bosh needs to Wake up too. Bosh came into game 4 shooting just 29% in the first 3 games.. and was only 1/7 last night in the 4th quarter, including 2 bad turnovers in the 4th... to go with his bad Defense in the 4th, and chandler abusing him on the boards in the 2nd half (chandler had 16 boards last night, most of them on bosh in the 2nd half)

Wade is doing it alone out there and needs a lot more support from his teammates , especially in the 4th quarters.. Look at all the support Dirk had in the 4th quarters in games 2 and 4, terry hitting shots, everyone playing great D, and marion hitting shots in the 4th last night.. Well, Wade needs the same support from LeBron and Bosh in the 4th quarters.

If lebron and bosh played just half decent in the 4th quarters of games 2 and 4, IF THEY JUST SHOWED "SOMETHING", then this series is a sweep right now and the Heat are throwing title parties.

d.bball.guy
06-08-2011, 11:20 PM
No I'm talking about Josh
Oh, sorry about that.

NBASTATMAN
06-08-2011, 11:23 PM

YOU ARE A IDIOT.. :roll:

NBASTATMAN
06-08-2011, 11:25 PM
[QUOTE=Doctor Rivers]

Zambowie
06-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Lol @ OP anybody remember that "d!ck ridingggggg obama" song off the boondocks? Insert Dwade instead of obama haha. Dude, Wade is not god

NBASTATMAN
06-08-2011, 11:28 PM

kobe closer to wizard jordan .. :oldlol:

Mr. I'm So Rad
06-08-2011, 11:29 PM

rolleyes

NBASTATMAN
06-08-2011, 11:31 PM
Hubie Brown is probably one of the worst NBA color commentators of all time.

Seriously people, stop quoting people from ESPN. ESPN is absolute trash.
He may be a bad announcer but the guy knows the game big time.. A great coach as well..

Zambowie
06-08-2011, 11:31 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Day La Ghetto
06-08-2011, 11:38 PM
why are people suprised wades playing the way he is sooooo much. this is basically what hed be doing if he didnt have lebron/aka whats hes done his whole career just about

sekachu
06-08-2011, 11:38 PM

not really, 88-91 at best, wade doesn't have postgame like 92, 93 MJ.

NBASTATMAN
06-08-2011, 11:59 PM
but aside from shutting down Terry in game 1 in the 4th quarter, LeBron has been invisible in 4th quarters. Again, lebron is averaging 2 points per game in the 4th quarters for this series,. that is ABYSMAL ! and what's even worse is, lebron is only averaging ONE REBOUND per game in the 4th quarters for this series.. and of course, lebron had 3 turnovers in the 4th last night, and more turnovers per quarter in the 4th for him than any quarter in the series.. meanwhile, Wade was a beast in 4th quarters in the chicago series.

Wade only had 2 less pts than lebron in game 1, but Wade was a beast in the 4th quarter on all ends of the court, including scoring, and brought that game home for miami.

And Bosh needs to Wake up too. Bosh came into game 4 shooting just 29% in the first 3 games.. and was only 1/7 last night in the 4th quarter, including 2 bad turnovers in the 4th... to go with his bad Defense in the 4th, and chandler abusing him on the boards in the 2nd half (chandler had 16 boards last night, most of them on bosh in the 2nd half)

Wade is doing it alone out there and needs a lot more support from his teammates , especially in the 4th quarters.. Look at all the support Dirk had in the 4th quarters in games 2 and 4, terry hitting shots, everyone playing great D, and marion hitting shots in the 4th last night.. Well, Wade needs the same support from LeBron and Bosh in the 4th quarters.

If lebron and bosh played just half decent in the 4th quarters of games 2 and 4, IF THEY JUST SHOWED "SOMETHING", then this series is a sweep right now and the Heat are throwing title parties.

Good post but I fault Wade for not joining a player that complimented him.. I am a Wade fan but I cannot root for the Heat.. If he would have joined Dhoward no team in the league could stop those two players.. But he was dumb and asked soft bosh and the shrinking violet james..

SinJackal
06-09-2011, 12:11 AM
Teams win SIGNIFICANTLY more when their STAR PLAYER shoots well as opposed to when they play like crap?

WHOA!!!!!!!! Amazing discovery!!!

Oh wait. No it isn't. It's what we expect, since it's common sense. :facepalm

Heat007
06-09-2011, 12:15 AM
Teams win SIGNIFICANTLY more when their STAR PLAYER shoots well as opposed to when they play like crap?

WHOA!!!!!!!! Amazing discovery!!!

except for the fact that no teams win more than when Wade and Dirk shoot well.. and no teams lose more than when they don't shoot well... which totally proves that they've had less help than anyone over the years - and the fact that they are so fantastic and how they lead their teams to wins better than anyone when they do shoot well.

But most of all,. I love how you ignored the fact that Wade and Dirk play well at a higher percentage of playoff games than any 2 players over the past 20 years.

Vragrant
06-09-2011, 12:25 AM
D-Wade is my fav player...

But all time fav player is MJ.

-------------------------------

I've watch D-Wade in marquette and seen him carry sorry looking Heat teams into the playoff's.

he isn't MJ.
He ain't anyone I have ever seen (and that is 30+ years of watching the game)

HE was a SF in College , and played among the big boys , so the transition to SG wasn't to big of a stretch other than his handles.
He has an all around game, but what makes him an elite SG of the history of the league is that he can take it to the rack and take a pounding.
Watch him play guys , because he's at his prime right now , and you probably won't see another one like him for some time.

A few days ago I created a thread about Coach S. and him assisting Dwayne on his mechanics for his jumper. (Hope you'al read it)

True that,

Wade is not Jordan, but that being said, there is no other player out there that is quite like Wade.

He is 6'4" guard with the speed/quickness/explosiveness/vision/passing/handles of a PG. The shotblocking presence of a PF, and when he sets his mind to it, the rebounding of a SF.

Despite his 225-230 he is freakishly fast, but what impresses me probably even more is his physical strength. Does anybody watch Wade on the block? He has no problem backing down bigger players in the post or outmuscling them for boards.

You watch him out there you can see his size but you would think the guy is 6'8" the way he impacts the game.

Oh yeah, and his efficiency is mindboggling.

knightfall88
06-09-2011, 12:44 AM
Wade's game might be similar to young MJ but Kobe is closest to MJ in terms of dominating. Wade may have had some amazing final performances but I would like to see him replicate that against a strong defensive minded finals team. And don't forget he was carried when playing against chicago and boston, something you would never see Kobe and MJ do, get carried for entire series, let alone 2 of them in the one playoff run.

SinJackal
06-09-2011, 12:50 AM
except for the fact that no teams win more than when Wade and Dirk shoot well.. and no teams lose more than when they don't shoot well... which totally proves that they've had less help than anyone over the years - and the fact that they are so fantastic and how they lead their teams to wins better than anyone when they do shoot well.

But most of all,. I love how you ignored the fact that Wade and Dirk play well at a higher percentage of playoff games than any 2 players over the past 20 years.

No it doesn't. It just proves that their team runs too much offense through them, instead of running a balanced attack when their stars are scoring poorly.

I didn't need to reply to the percentage stats, because both players have been getting knocked out of the playoffs early almost every season. It's easy to have good stats when all you're doing is playing garbage first round teams with bad defenses.

You also didn't provide a working link, and you certainly aren't a credible poster, so taking your word for it is out of the question.

Even if there was a link, it's a manipulated and convulated stat which is practically devoid of any real usefulness. "When he doesn't shoot. . .60%?" lmao, how often do players shoot over 60%? Why not 50%?

That's like saying, when Wade has a fantastic game where everything is clicking, the Heat usually win. . .when Wade has a normal Wade game, or even a really good but not amazing Wade game, they are a 34 win team.

That's how useless your stat is. Hence, why I didn't bother even replying to it in the first place. Since you asked me to though, there you go. It's a garbage stat that means next to nothing. No shit teams are going to win when their superstar shoots over 60%. That's as useful a stat as saying when the sky isn't cloudy, it's usually blue during the day! Unless there's an eclipse, or a sunrise/sunset that made the sky change colors. I bet the percentage of that is about the same as Wade's win% when he shoots ovr 60%.

It's a no shit Sherlock stat.

Vragrant
06-09-2011, 12:51 AM
Wade's game might be similar to young MJ but Kobe is closest to MJ in terms of dominating. Wade may have had some amazing final performances but I would like to see him replicate that against a strong defensive minded finals team. And don't forget he was carried when playing against chicago and boston, something you would never see Kobe and MJ do, get carried for entire series, let alone 2 of them in the one playoff run.

Wade has a pretty good history of lighting up good defensive teams in the playoffs though.

34ppg 56% shooting against Boston (the same team Kobe went up against in the Finals that year)

27ppg 62% shooting against the 05-06 Pistons

I doubt it would be much different in the Finals.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-09-2011, 12:54 AM
Kobe is closest to MJ
DWade is more like a Big O
Lebron is rather unique...he is like the Shaq of small forwards... just a physical beast

SinJackal
06-09-2011, 12:56 AM
Wade's game might be similar to young MJ but Kobe was closest to MJ in terms of dominating. Wade may have had some amazing final performances but I would like to see him replicate that against a strong defensive minded finals team. And don't forget he was carried when playing against chicago and boston, something you would never see Kobe and MJ do, get carried for entire series, let alone 2 of them in the one playoff run.

Fixed it for you. You were saying that like it was present tense. :oldlol:

Heat007
06-09-2011, 01:04 AM
except for the fact that SinJackal ignored the fact that it's based on a 60TS% figure, not 60% FG%... that's a HUGE difference, and a 60TS% is a very reasonable calculation when you look at other mediums people use for similar measures... you idiot.

nevermind the fact that Wade has proven that he performs better against elite defenses than anybody.

DMAVS41
06-09-2011, 01:08 AM

Its a bit misleading for Dirk because he doesn't impact the game in as many ways as Duncan did for example.

So when Dirk is off, he can't dominate a game in other ways as well as some guys.

However, the records are so poor for guys like Dirk, KG, Wade, and Lebron when they play poorly that it does speak to the kind of help they've had....which is significantly less overall help than most of the star players of the last 20 years.

Those stats are great, but like all stats, they must be used in proper context.

The simple truth is that those guys have been forced to play on worse teams....the results and stats back this up.

Jasper
06-09-2011, 01:40 AM
Its a bit misleading for Dirk because he doesn't impact the game in as many ways as Duncan did for example.

So when Dirk is off, he can't dominate a game in other ways as well as some guys.

However, the records are so poor for guys like Dirk, KG, Wade, and Lebron when they play poorly that it does speak to the kind of help they've had....which is significantly less overall help than most of the star players of the last 20 years.

Those stats are great, but like all stats, they must be used in proper context.

The simple truth is that those guys have been forced to play on worse teams....the results and stats back this up.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Micku
06-09-2011, 02:07 AM
His style of play is more similar to 80s Jordan.

Other than that, not really unless you want to count the stats from finals, which is pretty amazing.

24r2
06-09-2011, 02:09 AM
Kobe > Jordan > Wade > Lebron :oldlol: :oldlol:

eliteballer
06-09-2011, 02:12 AM
Right...a guy who cant shoot outside of 10 feet and gets the softest calls in the history of the league:roll:

knightfall88
06-09-2011, 02:13 AM
Wade has a pretty good history of lighting up good defensive teams in the playoffs though.

34ppg 56% shooting against Boston (the same team Kobe went up against in the Finals that year)

27ppg 62% shooting against the 05-06 Pistons

I doubt it would be much different in the Finals.

Boston - by design, wasn't even close to winning that series

Detroit - agreed, great performance

Dragonyeuw
06-09-2011, 08:22 AM

Yeah fair enough, I was mainly saying that Wade is more reminiscent of mid 20's Jordan, while I see direct parallels between Kobe's game and Jordan from 96-98.

For the record 92-93 MJ didn't have 96-98 Jordan's postgame either, he had perfected that skillset by that point.

Heat007
06-09-2011, 08:30 AM

That's total nonsense. Obviously you haven't paid attention to Wade over the years..

David Thorpe, an athletic trainer who runs a training center for NBA players in the offseason, also cites Wade's developing post up game as one of his strengths.

"Watching Wade operate on the left block is literally like watching old footage of MJ (Michael Jordan)," comments Thorpe. Thorpe goes on to say that Wade's best moves from the post are his turnaround jump shot, double pivot,and what Thorpe terms as a "freeze fake", a pump fake Wade uses to get his opponent to jump, so that he can then drive around him to the basket.

and that was printed years ago.