PDA

View Full Version : Report: Monta Ellis Trade Imminent

Rowe
06-09-2011, 04:51 PM
DALLAS – The Warriors and representatives for Monta Ellis are working cooperatively to see if a trade to a contending team can be arranged, a deal that would likely happen around the NBA draft later this month, a person with knowledge of the discussions told CBSSports.com.

“It’s pretty hot,” the person familiar with the talks said.

The Trail Blazers, Lakers, Hawks, Bulls, and 76ers are among the teams expressing the most sincere interest, league sources said Thursday. A possible deal between Golden State and Philadelphia involving Ellis and Andre Iguodala is a “50-50” proposition at the moment, a person with knowledge of those talks said.
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/29914237

As @KBerg_CBS reports, and I can amplify, Ellis' camp appears to understand that this is going to happen and wants to find the right spot.
http://twitter.com/#!/timkawakami

Surprised the Lakers are interested.

Wonder Bread Kid
06-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Tony Parker
Dejaun Blair
Richard Jefferson
29th pick

for

Monta Ellis
Andris Biedrins
11th pick

:cheers:

Kellogs4toniee
06-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Laker's won't even think about touching

1. Kobe
2. Bynum

So chances are Gasol, Odom, or both would need to go.

hawkfan
06-09-2011, 04:57 PM
If the Hawks are involved, it must be Captain Kirk and Marvin Williams for Monta Ellis and Charlie Bell.

hakwfan = the greatest Hawk fan of them all.

Myth
06-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Yay! Blazers are in the running!

Miller
Batum
Rudy or #21 (I'd prefer to keep the 21 over Rudy)

for

Ellis

Big One

1. Kobe
2. Bynum

BOTH? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

pete's montreux
I thought Batum was untouchable?

ganja0710
06-09-2011, 04:59 PM

1. Kobe
2. Bynum

Yeah, you definitely have down syndrome.

GOBB
06-09-2011, 05:00 PM
The Warriors and representatives for Monta Ellis are working cooperatively to see if a trade to a contending team can be arranged

Then why are the Sixers listed?

1. Kobe
2. Bynum

Chances are Gasol what? Damn sure not going to GSW for Monta Ellis thats for sure.

FireDavidKahn
06-09-2011, 05:01 PM
:oldlol: He isn't THAT good.

pete's montreux
06-09-2011, 05:02 PM
:oldlol: He isn't THAT good.

I'm just going by what Portland fans have said about him in the past -- that he's the next Scottie Pippen.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-09-2011, 05:02 PM

the question is HOW MUCH are they interested? I'm guessing they are not sufficiently interested to give up one of their 4 core players. And, other than Bynum, I'm not sure the Lakers have anything that the Warriors want.

GOBB
06-09-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm just going by what Portland fans have said about him in the past -- that he's the next Scottie Pippen.

Seems every athletic SF that plays defense is often compared to Pippen.

Toizumi
06-09-2011, 05:04 PM
The Blazers are interested? They should look for a GM first, that can figure out some sort of strategy for the team. Why make a big move (or show interest) before hiring a GM (and make future plans).

Andre Miller only has one more year guaranteed and he could be a veteran that Mark Jackson would like to run a team and teach Curry the ropes. I'm afraid that Blazers FO are thinking bout including Batum or Matthews to get Monta. Would be dissapointing.

GOBB
06-09-2011, 05:06 PM
The Blazers are interested? They should look for a GM first, that can figure out some sort of strategy for the team. Why make a big move (or show interest) before hiring a GM (and make future plans).

Andre Miller only has one more year guaranteed and he could be a veteran that Mark Jackson would like to run a team and teach Curry the ropes. I'm afraid that Blazers FO are thinking bout including Batum or Matthews to get Monta. Would be dissapointing.

Why did Portland get rid of Pritchard anyway?

flipogb
06-09-2011, 05:07 PM

without Phil, the type of players the Lakers will like and won't like will be different

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Tony Parker
Dejaun Blair
Richard Jefferson
29th pick

for

Monta Ellis
Andris Biedrins
11th pick

:cheers:

Are you aware that Beidrins sucks and has a VERY ugly contract. That is a negative thing. You have Spurs giving up too much for such a shitty contract.
Also, Warriors already have a PG that they want to build around.

Smoke117
06-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Curious question: If he does somehow get traded to the Lakers and ends up starting with Kobe as a Guard...is this an upgrade...or a downgrade defensively from Derek Fisher? Tough one no?

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Curious question: If he does somehow get traded to the Lakers and ends up starting with Kobe as a Guard...is this an upgrade...or a downgrade defensively from Derek Fisher? Tough one no?

at this point, it is probably a wash.
Ellis can learn to play better defense. Plus, with Mike Brown, it will be all about defense.

Kellogs4toniee
06-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Yeah, you definitely have down syndrome.

Ok i'll excuse the personal insult and move on to something resembling an actual conversation.

I don't see why it's so outrageous. Ellis is only 25, and Gasol is 30 with much MUCH more mileage on him from both domestic and international play. Contractual and monetary-wise Gasol is a much higher paid player than Ellis. I can see Ellis working very well in the Lakers system with Ellis as the scoring first point guard, and all signs with the new ownership is that Bynum is the untouchable big guy.

Toizumi
06-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Seems every athletic SF that plays defense is often compared to Pippen.

He's similar to Pippen in that he is lengthy, solid defensively and has a nice overall game offensively. His game certainly resembles Pippen's from time to time.. only Pippen did what he did much much much better on both ends of the floor.

Except for LA, Crash and maybe Wes Matthews, nobody on the Blazers roster should be untouchable right now. Giving up Miller and Batum seems a bit much... Eventhough Monta is great. I like having some good two way players and players that can be glue guys. I might be overrating the Blazers players a bit here though. Batum is expendable mayb, since we have Gerald Wallace.

I don't know.. I say, get a GM first.

Wonder Bread Kid
06-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Are you aware that Beidrins sucks and has a VERY ugly contract. That is a negative thing. You have Spurs giving up too much for such a shitty contract.
Also, Warriors already have a PG that they want to build around.

Beidrins contract and shit play >>>>>> Richard Jefferson.

DirtySanchez
06-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Jerry West has stressed that the Warriors need size first.
Ellis is their biggest trade chip so in a way a trade for A.I. does not make much sense.

bagelred
06-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Mark Jackson pointing at Ellis:

"Momma, there goes that man!!!"

bagelred
06-09-2011, 05:21 PM

:lol That's all we heard from Blazer fans for two years, "next Scottie Pippen".

Toizumi
06-09-2011, 05:21 PM

Personal issues/differences with the ownership was cited as the reason back then. They also said that, eventhough some great moves were made during his tenure, he wasn't responsible for some big moves that went down while he was the GM. Some sources around the league said that he was pretty much an *ss in trade discussions as well I believe.

So we hire Rich Cho.. who makes basicly one big move, which was getting Gerald Wallace, in a great trade.. and we fire him after just one season, because ownership doesnt share his view :facepalm
I don't know what's going on in the FO, but Paul Allen seems like a b*tch.. firing GM's that have been sorta succesfull (not dissapointing at all), haven't made many bad moves (well Pritchard got some injury riddled players, but still) and that aren't hated by the fans (liked by most even).

Other teams stick with GMs that are hated by their own fanbase and let them do their thing untill they fail. IMO ownership should get involved once they see things go really bad..
Cho didnt make many moves yet.. and definitely no bad ones. You hire a guy, who has a vision and after a year, you have different views? :confusedshrug:
Seems to me like Paul Allen just fired both Pritchard and Cho because he couldnt get along with them too well..

GOBB
06-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Interesting stuff about the Blazers FO drama. I'd take Pritchard here over Ed Stefanski today.

Ok i'll excuse the personal insult and move on to something resembling an actual conversation.

I don't see why it's so outrageous. Ellis is only 25, and Gasol is 30 with much MUCH more mileage on him from both domestic and international play. Contractual and monetary-wise Gasol is a much higher paid player than Ellis. I can see Ellis working very well in the Lakers system with Ellis as the scoring first point guard, and all signs with the new ownership is that Bynum is the untouchable big guy.

So you trade a skilled big man for an undersized guard? Thats not bright. And you dont see whats outrageous about it when teams in the NBA are craving, starving of a big man like Gasol? Atleast think stuff out. Getting rid of Gasol (or both incl Odom) for Monta Ellis is silly. I hope you werent the one nixing a trade of Noah/Deng for Melo. It just wouldnt add up.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-09-2011, 05:27 PM
from another site:
Ellis, Biedrins ugly contract, #11 pick
for
Gasol, Ebanks, Fisher (who then retires, thus cap relief), 2 2nd round picks

LJJ
06-09-2011, 05:35 PM
I don't think any of the deals posted are remotely close enough to bring back Ellis, except the Iguodala deal.

A young 25-5 player is going to bring back more than Nicolas Batum, sorry.

Crown&Coke
from another site:
for

I love the Mississippi Bullet, but you never trade big for small. And Biedrins is whack (Hold out for Lee who's contract is not as bad considering his value) But if Ellis gets into a Lakers jersey, I will be happy. He gets a bad rap for his defense but remember the dude is checking off guards as Steph Curry gets the PG assignment. Dude is giving up 20-40 lbs every night. and last year he didn't complain once about it.

I think GS is moving him for Iggy and Speights, Speights is in the dog house for whatever reason (well, other than not reboudning and not playing any defense :lol )

DirtySanchez
from another site:
for

Why do the Lakers do this?

Ellis needs the ball in his hands to be most effective how can he co exist with Kobe?
Biedrins would be nice backing up Bynum but his contract? Fish is not going to retire and why do the Lakers not get rid of Luke.

sacredcow
06-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Andre Miller only has one more year guaranteed

This year is a team option which is why he's thrown in so many trade rumors.

Kellogs4toniee
06-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Interesting stuff about the Blazers FO drama. I'd take Pritchard here over Ed Stefanski today.

So you trade a skilled big man for an undersized guard? Thats not bright. And you dont see whats outrageous about it when teams in the NBA are craving, starving of a big man like Gasol? Atleast think stuff out. Getting rid of Gasol (or both incl Odom) for Monta Ellis is silly. I hope you werent the one nixing a trade of Noah/Deng for Melo. It just wouldnt add up.

NBA teams do starve for a big men like Gasol, so now is a perfect time to trade him when his stock is still high. It's great that the Lakers have two big men in Bynum and Gasol, but they don't get the maximum synergy one would expect when both are on the floor. As great as Gasol is, he played the best this entire season at the very beginning with both Kobe and Bynum out of the rotation. It's clear now the Lakers want to keep Bynum, and Kobe is obviously not going to be traded.

People always talked about how great it is to have three 7 footers on the Lakers... well that did them great in this years play-offs where under-sized guards like Paul, Terry, and Barea simply did what they wanted against the Lakers un-athletic rotation at the 1-position.

So no I don't think it's outrageous at all.

Myth
06-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Batum drew a lot of comparisons to Pippen because of his style of play, but I don't know of any fan who actually thought he would become as good as Pippen. Tayshawn Prince was the guy that people more commonly thought Batum would equal. I personally think Shane Battier is a better comparison. Kind of a super role player. However, Batum is still not as good as Battier, but that is certainly a realistic goal IMO. The thing that makes Batum valuable is that he is one of those guys who still has a decent amount of potential in him, yet is also already a solid player. Most guys are either full of potential, or are already valuable, while he is one of the few that is effective already and still could become way more effective. However, this past year he did not show much improvement, which is why I'd be happy to ship him off for Ellis.

However, I doubt it will happen, because as already mentioned, we don't have a full time GM and I think that really kills our chances in making a significant trade.

bleedinpurpleTwo
Why do the Lakers do this?

Ellis needs the ball in his hands to be most effective how can he co exist with Kobe?
Biedrins would be nice backing up Bynum but his contract? Fish is not going to retire and why do the Lakers not get rid of Luke.

I don't see it happening either, but the rationale is as follows:
1. Need a perimeter scorer other than Kobe...pref one that can penitrate too
2. Odom is more effective alongside Bynum than Gasol; i.e. Odom can stretch the defense away from Bynum.
3. Gasol is now, what, 30 or 31? but was still an All-Star.

It makes sense on some levels, but I don't think the Warriors want a 30-yr-old Gasol, even though Jerry West loves Gasol.

Myth

Because Paul Allen is a stubborn man.

marion706
06-09-2011, 05:48 PM
the obvious is josh smith/? for ellis/bieadres

hawks were just shopping him during the trade deadline and the warriors had interest

Crown&Coke
06-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Because Paul Allen is a stubborn man.

stubborn is not the adjective I would use. He is on that James Dolan mode, except since he is in Portland no one notices. He reminds me of Jim Buss, he wants someone to pat him on the back and say "wonderful job"

But he is a solid owner, willing to put the money up, if more NBA owners where like this the NBA would be a better product.

wang4three
06-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Living in San Francisco for most of the season and having seen a lot of Monta Ellis, whatever team gets him better be ready for a guy that ball dominates and breaks plays to get his.

DirtySanchez
06-09-2011, 05:59 PM
I don't see it happening either, but the rationale is as follows:
1. Need a perimeter scorer other than Kobe...pref one that can penitrate too
2. Odom is more effective alongside Bynum than Gasol; i.e. Odom can stretch the defense away from Bynum.
3. Gasol is now, what, 30 or 31? but was still an All-Star.

It makes sense on some levels, but I don't think the Warriors want a 30-yr-old Gasol, even though Jerry West loves Gasol.

Yeah another good point is Gasol. Warriors do need a big but a 30 year old Gasol to pair up with their young and gun team?

Crown&Coke
06-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Living in San Francisco for most of the season and having seen a lot of Monta Ellis, whatever team gets him better be ready for a guy that ball dominates and breaks plays to get his.

to be fair, he is the only aggressive player on that team in the halfcourt sets. Steph Curry could learn a thing or two about going to get yours from Ellis.

Crown&Coke
06-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Yeah another good point is Gasol. Warriors do need a big but a 30 year old Gasol to pair up with their young and gun team?

a 30year old Gasol that can score on the block for a team that seemingly has never had one of those the past 2 decades. and he can play a long time.

YAWN
06-09-2011, 06:16 PM
lakers, really? Don't see it making sense. Maybe if we can get him for Walton/Ebanks/ cash & picks :D

Crown&Coke
06-09-2011, 06:18 PM
lakers, really? Don't see it making sense. Maybe if we can get him for Walton/Ebanks/ cash & picks :D

:lol

I wish. I can even contribute like 20 bucks and my Honda to sweaten the deal

hawksdogsbraves
06-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Teague + Marvin?

Not sure what we'd offer outside those two but I'm excited :rockon:

FireDavidKahn
06-09-2011, 06:32 PM
stubborn is not the adjective I would use. He is on that James Dolan mode, except since he is in Portland no one notices. He reminds me of Jim Buss, he wants someone to pat him on the back and say "wonderful job"

But he is a solid owner, willing to put the money up, if more NBA owners where like this the NBA would be a better product.
Not exactly. Well i mean that an owner willing to put up money isn't necessarily a good thing. Glen Taylor has shown in the past that he is willing to shell out the dough for the Wolves, but he is a bad owner.

06-09-2011, 06:33 PM
It'd be really retarded to trade Gasol for Ellis, what is going to replace the Bynum/Gasol/Odom 4/5 rotation? You don't break that up for Ellis, unless it's Ellis + say a good SF, but then you'd have to get a solid back up 4 and even 5 and have Odom start. Which would work, but that'd be a lot to go through and a lot of risks for not that great a chance at success comparatively. Ellis isn't coming to the Lakers in a trade like that. The 76ers one looks the most likely to me.

jbryan1984
06-09-2011, 06:39 PM
A Chicago back court of Rose and Monta would be pretty sick.

Skywalker
06-09-2011, 06:45 PM
I don't think any of the deals posted are remotely close enough to bring back Ellis, except the Iguodala deal.

depends what context that 25/5 is in

in Monta's case its juiced cuz of the team he's on

Crown&Coke
06-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Not exactly. Well i mean that an owner willing to put up money isn't necessarily a good thing. Glen Taylor has shown in the past that he is willing to shell out the dough for the Wolves, but he is a bad owner.

good point. I didnt think about owners who spend irrationally.

wang4three
06-09-2011, 07:06 PM
to be fair, he is the only aggressive player on that team in the halfcourt sets. Steph Curry could learn a thing or two about going to get yours from Ellis.

I saw Steph in college. Guy shot with no remorse, but I never seen him defer like he does to Monta. It's almost as if he's afraid of Monta. Steph can be an aggressive player, getting rid of Monta will help.

jalbert009
06-09-2011, 07:11 PM
McGee+J.Crawford+Pick no.18 for Monta Ellis from Wizards

GOBB
06-09-2011, 07:12 PM
NBA teams do starve for a big men like Gasol, so now is a perfect time to trade him when his stock is still high

And you can do better than Monta Ellis. Thats the point you keep missing. his value cant be that high if you're willing to bite on Monta Ellis for Gasol. Thats ridiculous.

It's great that the Lakers have two big men in Bynum and Gasol, but they don't get the maximum synergy one would expect when both are on the floor. As great as Gasol is, he played the best this entire season at the very beginning with both Kobe and Bynum out of the rotation. It's clear now the Lakers want to keep Bynum, and Kobe is obviously not going to be traded.

He plays better without Bynum, not without Kobe. I have no problem with wanting to move Gasol. But you can get back much better value for Gasol than Monta Ellis. Gasol age is of no concern when you can get atleast 4 good years out of him given the game he possess. Dirk is 32 and Dallas damn sure didnt decide to use him as trade bait for someone younger. Gasol isnt some kind of bruiser who has been bumped, bruised, banged up and plays a physical style of game that is prone to one getting injured.

Sixers went into last season with Hawes, Speights, Battie as their Centers and often used Elton Brand in the middle. To think Gasol value is that less appreciated that he is only good for an undersize scorer? Wow, just wow. And you're a Bulls fan who values Noah a great deal. You think you would value the big man a little more than you have shown.

People always talked about how great it is to have three 7 footers on the Lakers... well that did them great in this years play-offs where under-sized guards like Paul, Terry, and Barea simply did what they wanted against the Lakers un-athletic rotation at the 1-position.

The reason the Lakers have become an elite team in the entire NBA and one of their biggest advantages over teams is their size. If you want to sacrifice Gasol or Odom? Again fine, but for Gasol you can get back much better than Monta Ellis. And both can bring you back more than Monta without question.

PGs kill the Lakers but I wouldnt look towards the bigs moreso than who is defending the PG position.

So no I don't think it's outrageous at all.

If you say so.

magnax1
06-09-2011, 07:13 PM
I pray to god that Iggy doesn't go to Golden State.... because if that happens, Utah's pick definitely won't be near as high.

Crown&Coke
06-09-2011, 07:14 PM
I saw Steph in college. Guy shot with no remorse, but I never seen him defer like he does to Monta. It's almost as if he's afraid of Monta. Steph can be an aggressive player, getting rid of Monta will help.

you are right on all counts. I think Monta throwing a hissy fit when he was drafted made Steph defer to hope that Ellis would like playing with him. And he wants to be more of a pg but with that wet jumper he should have the green light all day.

JMT
06-09-2011, 07:14 PM
I'm excited...and more than a little perplexed...that the Sixers are considered a "contending team".

Brujesino
06-09-2011, 07:15 PM
They played great together last year.First year not so much.They played great together this year because of Monta not Curry.Monta was a better pg gaurd then Curry this year.Dont even look at the stats because obviously Curry had a bit more assists this year but they were all old style run n gun assists where he just ran the fast break and found someone open.While Monta created shots for people.

Curry shot with no remorse this year too.Everytime they ran a pick n roll you can bet steph was shooting it.

This is just like the Warriors trading or letting go of a borderline all-star for a player with potential and that player never works out or we let him go too:facepalm

GOBB
06-09-2011, 07:23 PM
I pray to god that Iggy doesn't go to Golden State.... because if that happens, Utah's pick definitely won't be near as high.

Utah has GSW 2012 first rd pick? Is it protected?

Also Monta getting traded regardless so if its not for Iggy chances are it could be for someone just as good. But winning out West will be tough regardless. I see GSW drafting lottery anyway. Unless you were hoping for a top 6 pick

magnax1
06-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Utah has GSW 2012 first rd pick? Is it protected?

Also Monta getting traded regardless so if its not for Iggy chances are it could be for someone just as good. But winning out West will be tough regardless. I see GSW drafting lottery anyway. Unless you were hoping for a top 6 pick
Well who else could he get traded for? I doubt it'd be someone as good as Iggy, and almost no one is as good of a fit.

Unstoppabull
06-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Why get Monta?

Kellogs4toniee
06-09-2011, 07:41 PM
And you can do better than Monta Ellis. Thats the point you keep missing. his value cant be that high if you're willing to bite on Monta Ellis for Gasol. Thats ridiculous.

He plays better without Bynum, not without Kobe. I have no problem with wanting to move Gasol. But you can get back much better value for Gasol than Monta Ellis. Gasol age is of no concern when you can get atleast 4 good years out of him given the game he possess. Dirk is 32 and Dallas damn sure didnt decide to use him as trade bait for someone younger. Gasol isnt some kind of bruiser who has been bumped, bruised, banged up and plays a physical style of game that is prone to one getting injured.

Sixers went into last season with Hawes, Speights, Battie as their Centers and often used Elton Brand in the middle. To think Gasol value is that less appreciated that he is only good for an undersize scorer? Wow, just wow. And you're a Bulls fan who values Noah a great deal. You think you would value the big man a little more than you have shown.

The reason the Lakers have become an elite team in the entire NBA and one of their biggest advantages over teams is their size. If you want to sacrifice Gasol or Odom? Again fine, but for Gasol you can get back much better than Monta Ellis. And both can bring you back more than Monta without question.

PGs kill the Lakers but I wouldnt look towards the bigs moreso than who is defending the PG position.

I also understand that the Laker's have needed an athletic player at the 1-spot for a while now and all signs point to them needing to make that change. That's also two times you brought up Noah, knowing i'm a big Bulls fan. How about you stay on the damn topic. Obviously I understand the importance of a big men if I defended Noah when the organization was thinking of packaging him and others for Carmelo. The original post in this thread stated the Lakers were interested in him. Seeing as how Bynum and Kobe are un-tradable, who else do you think the Warriors would consider for there franchise player for the last 3 years? It might not be the best trade for the Lakers, but the situation I gave is feasible given how the Lakers have played this year with 3 7' footers healthy. Clearly we disagree here so I'll leave it at that.

If you say so.

There we go, there's the typical condescending Gobb response. Was wondering when that would pop up.

hawkfan
06-09-2011, 07:43 PM
Jerry West trade scenario:

Golden State gets

Luke Walton
Steve Blake
1st round pick lottery protected

Los Angeles gets

Monta Ellis

West wants to outdo his Pau for Kwame deal.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-09-2011, 07:51 PM

I don't disagree...and I don't think the Lakers will trade Gasol.
Not sure how the Lakers will fill their need for better perimeter defense but also a perimeter scorer/slasher. I think they were hoping that Shannon Brown would step up. Also need to shore up the bench. Not sure if they really care about getting younger at this point.
If it does come down to Odom vs. Gasol, its a tough call. Gasol was a legit all-star this year. But he is older and does not play great with Bynum. Odom had his best season ever, imo.

we shall see...

GOBB
06-09-2011, 07:57 PM
I also understand that the Laker's have needed an athletic player at the 1-spot for a while now and all signs point to them needing to make that change. That's also two times you brought up Noah, knowing i'm a big Bulls fan. How about you stay on the damn topic. Obviously I understand the importance of a big men if I defended Noah when the organization was thinking of packaging him and others for Carmelo. The original post in this thread stated the Lakers were interested in him. Seeing as how Bynum and Kobe are un-tradable, who else do you think the Warriors would consider for there franchise player for the last 3 years? It might not be the best trade for the Lakers, but the situation I gave is feasible given how the Lakers have played this year with 3 7' footers healthy. Clearly we disagree here so I'll leave it at that.

Just exposing how you will overvalue the Bulls big then not do the same for another team. I find it funny honestly given the ridiculous trade proposal you made. And I think the Lakers are interested in Monta but not thinking about packaging Gasol for him.

There we go, there's the typical condescending Gobb response. Was wondering when that would pop up.

I guess

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Blockbuster. I have confirmed this trade with all 3 GMs involved.

Philly gets: Pau Gasol, Matt Barnes, Fisher (who then retires, expirer), 2 2nd round picks.

Warriors get: Marrese Speights, Shannon Brown, $5m trade exception, Devin
Ebanks and 2 2nd round picks.

Lakers get: Igoudala and Ellis

This exceedingly unlikely trade works because I say so.

NewYorkNoPicks
06-09-2011, 08:17 PM

i always laughed my ass off with the way Blazers fans overrated that guy. He's an upgraded Marvin Williams....thats it.

G-train
06-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Jerry West trade scenario:

Golden State gets

Luke Walton
Steve Blake
1st round pick lottery protected

Los Angeles gets

Monta Ellis

West wants to outdo his Pau for Kwame deal.

West left the Grizz in April 07. Pau was traded in Feb 08. The worst GM in history Chris Wallace did it to cut payroll on the instruction of Heisley.

G-train
06-09-2011, 08:32 PM
The only way Pau gets traded is if the Vanessa Bryant rumour is true and the relationship with Pau and Kobe is no longer functional. That is the only way.

G-train
06-09-2011, 08:35 PM
A trade for Ellis would be for Odom and Shannon Brown in my opinion.
Would leave the Lakers with a terrible bench front court, so I would say they would need a forward back from the Warriors as well or to involve a third team - which is more likely as Udoh is the onl forward worth taking off them and I doubt they trade him.

33teeth
06-09-2011, 08:40 PM

I wouldn't trade Batum straight up for Ellis if I was Portland. Ellis can be a good scorer, but he's not that good at much else (I've seen stretches of decent defense). And he's a punk.

GOBB
06-09-2011, 08:55 PM
The only way Pau gets traded is if the Vanessa Bryant rumour is true and the relationship with Pau and Kobe is no longer functional. That is the only way.

Exactly.

trig
06-09-2011, 10:20 PM
I wonder if GS has any interest in trading him to chicago. They dont have any big name players to trade but they do have draft picks(bulls and Charlotte), small contracts, defensive young bigs.

Chicago can definitely use his shot making ability but can he defend?

RoseCity07
06-09-2011, 10:31 PM
I would not trade batum unless the move would put us in serious championship contention. Not sure if Ellis is that guy. I don't know if he can play with aldridge and Gerald Wallace. Plus I love wallace, but batum has a many years left.

Batum won't dominate against elite defenses, but vs the other 20 of the 30 teams in the league he does serious damage. Batum is a keeper even if he never improves.

JGXEN
06-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Is a trade to Boston possible?

SinJackal
06-09-2011, 10:41 PM

1. Kobe
2. Bynum

:wtf: No player in the NBA is worth both Gasol AND Odom. Even Dwight is not worth that. Certainly not Monta Ellis.

GOBB
06-09-2011, 11:05 PM
:wtf: No player in the NBA is worth both Gasol AND Odom. Even Dwight is not worth that. Certainly not Monta Ellis.

Its not an outraegeous thought. Come on! Plus Gasol is like 30yrs old!

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Its not an outraegeous thought. Come on! Plus Gasol is like 30yrs old!

I assume you mean for DHoward, not Ellis?
Of course, that trade would not make sense as Howard and Bynum would not co-exist. Maybe the Lakers would then move Bynum for a great young PF? That would be crazy.

GOBB
06-10-2011, 02:01 PM
I assume you mean for DHoward, not Ellis?
Of course, that trade would not make sense as Howard and Bynum would not co-exist. Maybe the Lakers would then move Bynum for a great young PF? That would be crazy.

Yeah, Monta Ellis. Not only is he worth Gasol but Gasol and Odom. :facepalm

I'd take Gasol on the Sixers today. Plug him at Center. Take Iggy and Speights off us. Or whatever 3 team trade you made up above. Deal!

B
06-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Monta Ellis for Gasol is a stupid trade, why would the Lakers do that? You don't get to the top of the league making everyone else's teams better

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Yeah, Monta Ellis. Not only is he worth Gasol but Gasol and Odom. :facepalm

I'd take Gasol on the Sixers today. Plug him at Center. Take Iggy and Speights off us. Or whatever 3 team trade you made up above. Deal!

you accepted that deal too easily. maybe I better rethink it! :lol

GOBB
06-10-2011, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE=B

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Real mature. How old are you? Age check please. Now can we begin to have a civil conversation over coffee? My treat even.

Gasol is old and has a fat contract. You can a young athletic guard in Monta Ellis who has been GSW franchise player for the last 3 years. This season showed you dont need all these tall players on the Lakers. So rid yourself of one if not both (throw in Odom). Hardly an outraegeous trade suggestion my friend.

Croissant?

its probably going to take both Bynum and Gasol. And the Lakers should probably be forced to take on Biedrins ugly contract too. And maybe throw in a few draft picks. Ellis is THAT GOOD!

B
06-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Real mature. How old are you? Age check please. Now can we begin to have a civil conversation over coffee? My treat even.

Gasol is old and has a fat contract. You can a young athletic guard in Monta Ellis who has been GSW franchise player for the last 3 years. This season showed you dont need all these tall players on the Lakers. So rid yourself of one if not both (throw in Odom). Hardly an outraegeous trade suggestion my friend.

Croissant?
It's a stupid trade you can be condescending and demeaning all you want but it doesn't get past the fact it's a horrible trade idea. Clearly age has done nothing for you

Rowe
06-12-2011, 12:04 AM
Gasol for Ellis doesn't make much sense.

Hes getting well deserved flack for his struggles in the Playoffs, but if LA is trying to move Gasol it should be for multiple young pieces. Those become valuable assets when discussing a Dwight Howard deal with Otis Smith.

Indiana & Washington both have some young trading chips.

GOBB
06-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Gasol for Ellis is not outraegeous tho. It may not make sense? But its not outraegeous. Even tho Lakers didnt become title contenders until they traded for Gasol. So now you ship him off because L.A failed to make the Finals to bring back an undersized guard. Undersized guard thats young trumps 30yr old skilled big men. :bowdown:

its probably going to take both Bynum and Gasol. And the Lakers should probably be forced to take on Biedrins ugly contract too. And maybe throw in a few draft picks. Ellis is THAT GOOD!

:lol

[QUOTE=B

Kurosawa0
06-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Anyone else think a Danny Granger for Monta Ellis swap makes sense?

Rowe
06-12-2011, 12:24 AM
Gasol for Ellis is not outraegeous tho. It may not make sense? But its not outraegeous. Even tho Lakers didnt become title contenders until they traded for Gasol. So now you ship him off because L.A failed to make the Finals to bring back an undersized guard. Undersized guard thats young trumps 30yr old skilled big men. :bowdown:

:confusedshrug:

Well LA should make sure they a replacement at PF lined up. Odom excels at best in his 6th Man role, so they should pursue a defensive minded PF. I'll gladly give them back Turiaf for 2 of their 4 2nd rounders.

Rowe
06-12-2011, 12:27 AM
Anyone else think a Danny Granger for Monta Ellis swap makes sense?

I think both teams dont get any worse for it, but it doesnt improve either team going forward.

Kurosawa0
06-12-2011, 12:31 AM
I think both teams dont get any worse for it, but it doesnt improve either team going forward.

I think it improves both team's rotations.

Golden State would definitely benefit from a having a scoring small forward and Indiana could really bolster their backcourt.

AI3Anthony
06-12-2011, 12:39 AM
Atlanta Hawks Trade:
Josh Smith
Marvin Williams

Golden State Warriors Trade:
Monta Ellis
Andris Biedrins

b1imtf
06-12-2011, 01:05 AM
Is a trade to Boston possible?
This :applause:

Dbrog
06-12-2011, 01:11 AM

U kidding me? Dwight is definitely worth Gasol and Odom. He's not only the best player in the deal, but the other 2 are in their 30s. Lakers crazy not to do this.

As for Ellis, I would love to see him go to the Hawks, but idk what they really have to offer the Warriors. The other teams have better deals in place.

bluechox2
06-12-2011, 01:32 AM
delusinal laker fans at it again... gasol (his brother has more value than him) and odom ( has been 6th man all his life)(hyped out of his ass this one year) who are in ther 30's are not worth anything close to dwight combined.

hawkfan
06-12-2011, 02:15 AM
Atlanta Hawks Trade:
Josh Smith
Marvin Williams

Golden State Warriors Trade:
Monta Ellis
Andris Biedrins

Horrible trade.

What minutes would Ellis get behind Teague at point guard, Johnson at shooting guard, and Hinrich off the bench? And what about Jamal Crawford? Why would he re-sign if Ellis is there? So we lose Smith in a trade and then Crawford to free agency.

And who plays help defense with Smith gone?

LA_Showtime
06-12-2011, 02:41 AM
delusinal laker fans at it again... gasol (his brother has more value than him) and odom ( has been 6th man all his life)(hyped out of his ass this one year) who are in ther 30's are not worth anything close to dwight combined.

That was a Spurs fan who said that, not a Lakers fan.

Learn how to spell delusional.

Learn how to use punctuation.

There. They're. Their.

AI3Anthony
06-12-2011, 09:17 AM
Horrible trade.

What minutes would Ellis get behind Teague at point guard, Johnson at shooting guard, and Hinrich off the bench? And what about Jamal Crawford? Why would he re-sign if Ellis is there? So we lose Smith in a trade and then Crawford to free agency.

And who plays help defense with Smith gone?

Ellis would start over Teague.. We lose Jamal Crawford to free agency, but we gain another star.

PG:Monta Ellis/Jeff Teague
SG:Joe Johnson/Kirk Hinrich
SF:Free Agent/Damien Wilkins
PF:Al Horford/Josh Powell
C:Free Agent/Zaza Pachulia

Joe Johnson needs to play off of someone, he can't be "that guy" Monta Ellis can certainly be that guy with Joe as his wing man.. we could even try this line up..

PG:Teague
SG:Monta
SF:Joe
PF:Al
C:Free Agent

6th man:Kirk

unknowns8
06-12-2011, 10:00 AM
interesting quote from Mark Jackson...

"The trades that have been discussed, I do not want to trade Monta Ellis - I want Monta Ellis to be in a Warriors uniform. Now if you told me we're trading Monta Ellis for Dwight Howard, I would hug Monta Ellis, tell him how much I appreciate him, and then make the deal. And I'm sure Monta Ellis would do the same thing: if you were trading me for Magic Johnson, make the trade."

I think WArriors want to keep Ellis... and this public show fo support is a good mvoe from Jackson... but if Portalnd go aggressively for Ellis, the Warriors might sell him and Jackson can work on Curry alone to be the teams PG leader.

Lucifer
06-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Thank you for the report.

Ikill
06-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Ellis would start over Teague.. We lose Jamal Crawford to free agency, but we gain another star.

Joe Johnson needs to play off of someone, he can't be "that guy" Monta Ellis can certainly be that guy with Joe as his wing man.. we could even try this line up..

you think Ellis could play PG

leopoldstotch
06-12-2011, 10:55 AM
didnt see anyone throw some possible trade scenarios the bulls can send

Bulls get:
Monta Ellis
Al Thorton

Warriors get:
Joakim Noah
CJ Watson
draft pick

AI3Anthony
06-12-2011, 11:03 AM
didnt see anyone throw some possible trade scenarios the bulls can send

Bulls get:
Monta Ellis
Al Thorton

Warriors get:
Joakim Noah
CJ Watson
draft pick

I really don't think Monta would be a good fit on the Bulls. The Bulls need an off ball shooting guard that can run of screens and knock down jumpers. Ray Allen would be ideal, but of course he's in Boston. Another person I think would fit great would be Richard Hamilton. He doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective.. He can just run off screens all day and knock down jumpers. Perfect

AI3Anthony
06-12-2011, 11:04 AM

Could he? Yes.
Is he my ideal choice for the Hawks? No.

That's why I also said we could try a Teague/Monta/Joe line-up. Monta could definitely log in some minutes at the point guard position though.

Ronin
06-12-2011, 12:43 PM

they can just have Johnson and Ellis handle the ball. Don't necessarily have to be a PG to do that.

DStebb716
06-12-2011, 12:45 PM
If the Hawks are involved, it must be Captain Kirk and Marvin Williams for Monta Ellis and Charlie Bell.

hakwfan = the greatest Hawk fan of them all.

Hawkfan = most mentally handicapped Hawk fan of them all. What a terrible trade you ****ing disgrace.

ballup
06-12-2011, 01:01 PM
I really don't think Monta would be a good fit on the Bulls. The Bulls need an off ball shooting guard that can run of screens and knock down jumpers. Ray Allen would be ideal, but of course he's in Boston. Another person I think would fit great would be Richard Hamilton. He doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective.. He can just run off screens all day and knock down jumpers. Perfect
Monta Ellis isn't ideal for the Bulls, but he'd be a good fit if he were to follow their playstyle. The Bulls need someone aside from Rose to create shots and Monta can provide that. Sometimes, the Bulls have terrible offense because Rose is off the floor.

Swaggin916
06-12-2011, 01:08 PM

1. Kobe
2. Bynum

both Pau and Odom are or damn near complete players. Ellis is just a smaller version of Kevin Martin... could he be successful somewhere? Maybe... but scoring 25+ a game? Hell to the Fck no. He's a 6 man.. a Jason Terry type. that's all he should ever be when he's an undersized 2 that doesn't play D. Odoma nd Gasol are both worth than him by themselves and the Lakers already have a pretty decent SG anyway.

hawkfan
06-12-2011, 01:11 PM

Horrible trade.

If you're going to trade for Biedrins, then either list him as a starter or backup at center.

So we will give up Smith, one of the best help defenders, and Crawford, the closer for the Hawks, for Ellis, who is an ok defender and not a proven closer and then have no starter at small forward?

Terrible. Just awful.

Hinrich and Williams for Lee and Bell

PG: Teague, Bell
SG: Johnson, Crawford
SF: Smith, Wilkens
PF: Horford, Pachulia, Powell
C: Collins, Lee, Armstrong

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-12-2011, 01:17 PM
LO/S Blake/ebanks for Ellis/D wright and call it a day.

Lakers get a starting pg and a good player off the bench.

Nastradamus
06-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Monta and Biedrins for Joe Johnson