PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Wade overrated?

97 bulls
06-13-2011, 02:24 AM
I tried to tell you guys that wade hasn't done anything since 06. I got replies about how he didn't have help and his per was amazing. I don't see why he's considered better than drexler and west. I've never seen a player get so much credit for one friggn year.

What has he done that's so special and warrants a top 3 SG ranking?

OmniStrife
06-13-2011, 02:25 AM
Wade choked hard today.
He's not the god his fans made him out to be.

NBASTATMAN
06-13-2011, 02:26 AM
I tried to tell you guys that wade hasn't done anything since 06. I got replies about how he didn't have help and his per was amazing. I don't see why he's considered better than drexler and west. I've never seen a player get so much credit for one friggn year.

What has he done that's so special and warrants a top 3 SG ranking?

GREAT PLAYER but how can he be overrated if he is never regarded as the best player by the MEDIA.. He is the best sg .. That is a fact.. Dhoward is the best player..

LA_Showtime
06-13-2011, 02:28 AM
He was injured. Go watch games 1-4. He was killing the Mavericks. He was imposing his will in the series and was easily the best player on the Heat at the very least, and arguably the best player in the series.

DMAVS41
06-13-2011, 02:29 AM
I thought it was pretty clear Wade was hobbled tonight. No excuses....but are we really going to use this series as proof Wade is over-rated?

The Mavs defended Kobe, Durant, and Lebron really well. The only player that gave us trouble was Wade.

1987_Lakers
06-13-2011, 02:30 AM
Still better than Pippen 97_bulls.

I know what you're trying to do.:lol

FindingTim
06-13-2011, 02:31 AM
he definitely got progressively worse as the series went on,
but in the beginning he was SPECTACULAR; an unstoppable assassin. I'm not exactly sure what slowed him down, and the Mavs D deserves a lot of credit, but when D-Wade goes into F.U. mode, there is still no player I'd rather have on my team.

He is a hell of a player. Weird as this sounds, these finals made me only think higher of him (despite, as you said, choking). The Mavs D really collapsed on him, and to score efficiently would take some incredible deception and craftiness. Wade is still a boss. Don't forget it.

Mirjalovic
06-13-2011, 02:32 AM
No. if anything he is underrated.

I'm a Kobe homer.

jrong
How about the fact that on his end, he did more than enough that was required to win. As did Chris Bosh. Carry LeBron James to a championship was not in the original plan.

So he's guilty of what? Not being Michael Jordan? MJ could have carried him with him scoring 8 points. Wade needed 12.

Wade averaged 26.5 ppg, on 56% shooting. That's actually a fairly standard occurence for Wade-- he's king of the high-scoring, ultra-efficient playoff shooting series.

GTFO this board coming with this thread after the way played in the Finals. He's holding his 2nd FMVP right now if not for James. He had his first sub-standard game of the series tonight and his second in twelve Finals games overall. He's guilty of being human and not Michael Jordan.

dannysc305
^^^^this

tpols
Wade's PER really inflates his value.. I never felt he was taking over games to the extent that that rating says he does. And he almost never appears going down the stretch of games..

ThaSwagg3r
06-13-2011, 02:34 AM
How is he overrated? Wade is probably underrated if anything. He should have been All-NBA first team and an all-defensive first team member as well, but he ended up being an All-NBA second team member and didn't even make the all-defensive team.

He is the best SG in the league and the best player on the Heat. He isn't overrated.

catch24
06-13-2011, 02:34 AM
Not as overrated as Pippen.

04mzwach
06-13-2011, 02:41 AM
Wade's failure to catch the ball in the clutch was one of the most unclutch things i've seen in a while. Especially when you know how important every aspect during the last seconds are for you to get a bucket.

He did pretty much destroy the Mavs in some games. The blocks on Chandler will forever be in my memory. Lebron sort of let him down. They don't play that well together. Maybe another season will do wonders. I see too many players putting their hands up for the ball or waiting around on the Heat. That's not lack of motivation, but motivation directed the wrong way.

Micku
06-13-2011, 02:41 AM
I thought it was pretty clear Wade was hobbled tonight. No excuses....but are we really going to use this series as proof Wade is over-rated?

The Mavs defended Kobe, Durant, and Lebron really well. The only player that gave us trouble was Wade.

Yeah. Wade was the only person that the Mavs had trouble with, and they pretty much guarded the other three best perimeter players in the game.

Wade had a great series, and was almost unstoppable for the most part. With that said, he couldn't get over the hump. If I can recall, he hit pretty big shots in game 1 and 3. And he kept the Heat in the game for the most part, but messed up at the last possession in game 4, plus he apparently got hurt in game 5.

Without Wade contribution, the series either would've been done in five or a sweep.

FindingTim
06-13-2011, 02:46 AM
Wade's failure to catch the ball in the clutch was one of the most unclutch things i've seen in a while.

if he hadn't played like a beast all game, the Heat wouldn't have even been in position to tie/win the game. Don't fall for the Bill Buckner fallacy.

NBASTATMAN
06-13-2011, 02:47 AM
Yeah. Wade was the only person that the Mavs had trouble with, and they pretty much guarded the other three best perimeter players in the game.

Wade had a great series, and was almost unstoppable for the most part. With that said, he couldn't get over the hump. If I can recall, he hit pretty big shots in game 1 and 3. And he kept the Heat in the game for the most part, but messed up at the last possession in game 4, plus he apparently got hurt in game 5.

Without Wade contribution, the series either would've been done in five or a sweep.

GOOD POST.. Wade is UNDERRATED IMO.. He could play off the ball better if you ask me.. :

97 bulls
06-13-2011, 03:15 AM
All im hearing is excuses. Wade played solid I agree. But what I saw from him was everything I thought he was. Where was that ability to take over games? Where was the scottie pippen like defense? I guarantee you if pippen had bosh or james in 94, he wins a ring. I still remember him helping the us olympic team loose.

And what I saw from him further solidifies my statement earlier that 06 was a fluke. He's gret but you guys overrate him.

DMAVS41
06-13-2011, 03:18 AM
All im hearing is excuses. Wade played solid I agree. But what I saw from him was everything I thought he was. Where was that ability to take over games? Where was the scottie pippen like defense? I guarantee you if pippen had bosh or james in 94, he wins a ring. I still remember him helping the us olympic team loose.

And what I saw from him further solidifies my statement earlier that 06 was a fluke. He's gret but you guys overrate him.

Wade was a ****ing beast all over the floor on defense. Making huge impact blocks and chasing shooters all series long.

That would have been the best series Pippen ever played probably given the circumstances.

LOL

Go back to over-rating Rose and saying Pippen is better than Magic. LOL

blablabla
06-13-2011, 03:23 AM
he cant take over games and he aint clutch at all

bluechox2
06-13-2011, 03:23 AM
lebron brought wade to his world, its contagious

lebron knew he wudnt get mvp after game 4 so he sucked it up to make wade even bigger by letting him do all the work and taking a back seat and probably come out after and say next year ima lead this team and let wade take a backseat or sum bullshit lebron likes to say along those lines.

97 bulls
06-13-2011, 03:25 AM
Wade was a ****ing beast all over the floor on defense. Making huge impact blocks and chasing shooters all series long.

That would have been the best series Pippen ever played probably given the circumstances.

LOL

Go back to over-rating Rose and saying Pippen is better than Magic. LOL
They could've used pippen defense on terry and berrea tonight and in the series. Wade was a beast on defense. Yeah right. The heat better thank god that butler was hurt. Cuz if he played, it would've been a sweep.

bdreason
06-13-2011, 03:27 AM
Name 5 Basketball players in the World you would take over Wade.

97 bulls
06-13-2011, 03:33 AM
Name 5 Basketball players in the World you would take over Wade.
I can name 12. The dallas mavericks.

Or james, howard, nowitzki, bryant, and rose.

nbacardDOTnet
06-13-2011, 03:35 AM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/y%20NBA%20etc/1%20Miami%20Heat/Dwyane%20Wade/2011-nba-final-game6-lost.jpg

all_or_nothing
06-13-2011, 03:35 AM
You're only looking at the bad and not the good.

He was the only player who gave Dallas fits averaging 30 points the first three games. And when Dallas went zone, he played off the ball really well and completely sliced open their zone defense. The second loss was Wade just gassing himself out combined with poor offense by James and the team.

However, from game 5 onward he did slow down and he wasn't as efficient.

I was never really of a fan of his, but after watching this series I was blown away at some of the things he pulled off -- offensively and defensively.

97 bulls
06-13-2011, 03:36 AM
Where was the takeover and clutch ability that I heard about?

97 bulls
06-13-2011, 03:39 AM
You're only looking at the bad and not the good.

He was the only player who gave Dallas fits averaging 30 points the first three games. And when Dallas went zone, he played off the ball really well and completely sliced open their zone defense. The second loss was Wade just gassing himself out combined with poor offense by James and the team.

However, from game 5 onward he did slow down and he wasn't as efficient.

I was never really of a fan of his, but after watching this series I was blown away at some of the things he pulled off -- offensively and defensively.
Who did he stop? Not terry. Not jose juan. Not even kidd. Are you confusing a spectacular play with consistant defense? If he shut down any of those guys, were talking about game 7

DMAVS41
06-13-2011, 03:40 AM
Who did he stop? Not terry. Not jose juan. Not even kidd. Are you confusing a spectacular play with consistant defense? If he shut down any of those guys, were talking about game 7

Care to post the series stats for Kidd and JJ??????

Terry was Lebron's guy.

falc39
06-13-2011, 03:41 AM
He was injured. Go watch games 1-4. He was killing the Mavericks. He was imposing his will in the series and was easily the best player on the Heat at the very least, and arguably the best player in the series.

this. how come no one else is mentioning it in this thread?

97 bulls
06-13-2011, 03:44 AM
Care to post the series stats for Kidd and JJ??????

Terry was Lebron's guy.
Stats are for whores. I watched jose juan and kidd do their thing. Bottom line. Those guys hit clutch shot after clutch shot.

97 bulls
06-13-2011, 03:46 AM
this. how come no one else is mentioning it in this thread?
He said he was fine. No excuses. Ill even give him games 5. But the mavs weren't at full strength either.

all_or_nothing
06-13-2011, 03:59 AM
When did Wade ever guard JJ 1-on-1? It was either Chalmers or Bibby, and only later James (for a stretch or 2).

JJ was tearing up their defense with those pick and rolls and became more dangerous with his 3-pt shooting, it seemed as you can only hope if he missed.

You should probably watch replays of those J Kidd clutch shots because most of them were open, considering that Dirk was doubled late or Terry penetrating and passing it out.

DMAVS41
06-13-2011, 04:02 AM
Stats are for whores. I watched jose juan and kidd do their thing. Bottom line. Those guys hit clutch shot after clutch shot.

What?

So basically you expect perfection. If a player ever scores on Wade or on the Heat from the perimeter its on him.

Did Pippen prevent his man from scoring every single game?

You act like Kidd killed the Heat. I think he scored like 7 a game and shot 38% or something.

Just a shitty thread dude. If there was ever a series to not use against Wade as over-rated it would be this one. At least use the Bulls series or something. Wade played really well in the Finals overall.

97 bulls
06-13-2011, 04:04 AM
When did Wade ever guard JJ 1-on-1? It was either Chalmers or Bibby, and only later James (for a stretch or 2).

JJ was tearing up their defense with those pick and rolls and became more dangerous with his 3-pt shooting, it seemed as you can only hope if he missed.

You should probably watch replays of those J Kidd clutch shots because most of them were open, considering that Dirk was doubled late or Terry penetrating and passing it out.
Then maybe wade should've took it upon himself to take on the defensive assignment of defending either terry or jose juan. It wasn't like he was shutting his man down. Be it kidd or stevenson. And I know they idnt have huge scoring games but they hit big shot after big shot. Maybe wade should've been more involved defensively

DMAVS41
06-13-2011, 04:08 AM
Then maybe wade should've took it upon himself to take on the defensive assignment of defending either terry or jose juan. It wasn't like he was shutting his man down. Be it kidd or stevenson. And I know they idnt have huge scoring games but they hit big shot after big shot. Maybe wade should've been more involved defensively

He was all over the floor man. There is so much more to team defense than just man to man.

You act like he wasn't a factor. He made some great defensive plays.

I don't even know why I'm arguing about this. Its just silly.

The thread should be about Lebron. It was Lebron that played like ass and got roasted on defense. Lebron let marion and terry torch him.

Wade was the one protecting the rim and chasing shooters and boarding well....and doubling Dirk to force the big turnover in game 3.

97 bulls
06-13-2011, 04:09 AM
What?

So basically you expect perfection. If a player ever scores on Wade or on the Heat from the perimeter its on him.

Did Pippen prevent his man from scoring every single game?

You act like Kidd killed the Heat. I think he scored like 7 a game and shot 38% or something.

Just a shitty thread dude. If there was ever a series to not use against Wade as over-rated it would be this one. At least use the Bulls series or something. Wade played really well in the Finals overall.
Go back and re-read my original post. Its not so much this series. I said he had a great series vs boston and a few good to great games vs these mavericks. But I've never seen a guy get so much credit for a grand total of about 15 games and 1 great season. Especially when hes been apart of so many epic failures. And where was this clutch takeover ability I heard about?

DMAVS41
06-13-2011, 04:11 AM
Go back and re-read my original post. Its not so much this series. I said he had a great series vs boston and a few good to great games vs these mavericks. But I've never seen a guy get so much credit for a grand total of about 15 games and 1 great season. Especially when hes been apart of so many epic failures. And where was this clutch takeover ability I heard about?

Epic failures? What?

Name them.

97 bulls
06-13-2011, 04:13 AM
He was all over the floor man. There is so much more to team defense than just man to man.

You act like he wasn't a factor. He made some great defensive plays.

I don't even know why I'm arguing about this. Its just silly.

The thread should be about Lebron. It was Lebron that played like ass and got roasted on defense. Lebron let marion and terry torch him.

Wade was the one protecting the rim and chasing shooters and boarding well....and doubling Dirk to force the big turnover in game 3.
Because everything I said about wade came true. He's a great scorer and solid defender. But he's not the best player in the league and he's not on jordans level as has recently been implied.

DMAVS41
06-13-2011, 04:16 AM
Because everything I said about wade came true. He's a great scorer and solid defender. But he's not the best player in the league and he's not on jordans level as has recently been implied.

Nobody actually put him on Jordan's level.

Wade will go down as one of the 15 best players of all time when he's done unless he suffers a bad injury.

You do realize that he has all time great regular season and playoff numbers and won a title and finals mvp....and has one of the best finals ever????

97 bulls
06-13-2011, 04:16 AM
Epic failures? What?

Name them.
Loosing in the olympics, this championshp loss, the 15 win team, the constant first round exits. I expect alot from a player thats being put in the top 10 to 15 all-time.

bdreason
06-13-2011, 04:17 AM

Wade will go down as one of the 15 best players of all time when he's done unless he suffers a bad injury.

You do realize that he has all time great regular season and playoff numbers and won a title and finals mvp....and has one of the best finals ever????

97 Bulls is just a troll saying shit he doesn't even believe himself.

bdreason
06-13-2011, 04:18 AM
Loosing in the olympics, this championshp loss, the 15 win team, the constant first round exits. I expect alot from a player thats being put in the top 10 to 15 all-time.

You talking about Dirk or Wade? :oldlol:

stephanieg
06-13-2011, 04:19 AM
Best finals ever...as long as he gets 20 fta/gm you mean. Who wouldn't be amazing with that?

Without them though...well, you see what happened. He totally choked down the stretch of every game, as his team's best player. Turnover machine. Shitty FT shooting. Totally disappearing when it mattered the most. Fail. It's gonna get ugly in a couple years when he loses the ability to drive.

DMAVS41
06-13-2011, 04:20 AM

So your standards are so high that you have 7 players in your top 15?

I mean...no player is perfect. Winning and losing has so much to do with circumstances.

I have no problem holding Wade accountable for losing this year, but some of that other stuff had nothing to do with his play.

I just think your standards are way too high if you think its absurd to project Wade to finish in the top 10 to 15 range all time.

97 bulls
06-13-2011, 04:21 AM

Lol, he does? I can name alot of guards that have been able to put up similar stats and then get bounced out of the first round year in and out. But I can't name very many that can manage to loose with this much talent. Especially to a team that was drastically injured by not having their second best player and loosing their backup center.

97 bulls
06-13-2011, 04:25 AM
So your standards are so high that you have 7 players in your top 15?

I mean...no player is perfect. Winning and losing has so much to do with circumstances.

I have no problem holding Wade accountable for losing this year, but some of that other stuff had nothing to do with his play.

I just think your standards are way too high if you think its absurd to project Wade to finish in the top 10 to 15 range all time.
I think he can finish top 15. But he's gonna have to get a few more championships or get more than 1 30 ppg season. But he's not top 15 now.

DMAVS41
06-13-2011, 04:25 AM
Lol, he does? I can name alot of guards that have been able to put up similar stats and then get bounced out of the first round year in and out. But I can't name very many that can manage to loose with this much talent. Especially to a team that was drastically injured by not having their second best player and loosing their backup center.

Name them. Name the other guards in NBA history to average:

26/6/6 on similar efficiency and have a title and finals mvp.

Another question.

Do you have West in your top 15?

97 bulls
06-13-2011, 04:29 AM
97 Bulls is just a troll saying shit he doesn't even believe himself.
Go back and read what heat fans were saying about wade. And im not trolling. I said this a few months ago. Past 06, what has wade done to warrant such a high ranking. I chalk james up to having a bad series by his standards. But he does have alot of personal accomplishments that warrant where people rate him. Wade, not so much.

all_or_nothing
06-13-2011, 04:38 AM
He came short in game 4, then he missed a critical freethrow to tie in game 5 but how can you expect to win when your second option can barely break the 20 point mark?

Lebron looked totally bewildered by the defense and was not able to adjust properly, all he did was shoot jumpshot after jumpshoot never looking to drive. You can put some blame on Wade but even more so on James.

bdreason
06-13-2011, 04:46 AM
He totally choked down the stretch of every game, as his team's best player. Turnover machine. Shitty FT shooting. Totally disappearing when it mattered the most. Fail. It's gonna get ugly in a couple years when he loses the ability to drive.

You talkin about Wade, Kobe, or LeBron? :oldlol:

97 bulls
06-13-2011, 04:48 AM
He came short in game 4, then he missed a critical freethrow to tie in game 5 but how can you expect to win when your second option can barely break the 20 point mark?

Lebron looked totally bewildered by the defense and was not able to adjust properly, all he did was shoot jumpshot after jumpshoot never looking to drive. You can put some blame on Wade but even more so on James.
Im not gonna blame wade for a dropped ball. But I do feel he had the easier matchup in kidd. James had to chase terry around and then had marion on him defensively. I felt wade should've took it upon himself to defend jose juan. But I also think if he did, it would've effected his offense similar to what happened when he had to defend rose in the chicago series.

97 bulls
06-13-2011, 04:50 AM
Name them. Name the other guards in NBA history to average:

26/6/6 on similar efficiency and have a title and finals mvp.

Another question.

Do you have West in your top 15?
Ill compile the list and show you tommorow. Obviously without the finals mvp. But definately the statistics.

The Judge
06-13-2011, 04:56 AM
Wade did nothing but turn the ball over and take bad shots the last two games.

Loneshot
06-13-2011, 05:21 AM
Excuses excuses. For how long do people have to keep referring to stat sheets to defend this guy. Shaq/refs got him a title in 06 and since then he's just been a loser with great stats, like we haven't seen that before.

KOLBCTEW
06-13-2011, 06:16 AM
Shaq/refs got him a title in 06 .More like he carried Shaq in the finals..

and since then he's just been a loser with great stats, like we haven't seen that before.
You do realize this is his only year since that championship where he's actually had a good team or not been plagued by injuries...
I can name 12. The dallas mavericks.

Or james, howard, nowitzki, bryant, and rose.
Same Bryant who got swept by the same team? The same Rose that got pounded and was completely bewildered by this Heat team especially in the Fourth?

winwin
06-13-2011, 09:26 AM
he is not a top 5

Rose
Howard
Kobe
Dirk
Durant

he is # 8 or 9

DropStep
06-13-2011, 09:30 AM
he is not a top 5

Rose
Howard
Kobe
Dirk
Durant

he is # 8 or 9
I love kneejerk threads.

Blue&Orange
06-13-2011, 09:31 AM
This.

NUPE_1911
06-13-2011, 09:40 AM
he is not a top 5

Rose
Howard
Kobe
Dirk
Durant

he is # 8 or 9

Wade is the best player in the NBA. Even in the Chi series, where he struggled, he showed up in the second half and fourth tremendously.

Dirk, Durant, Howard, Rose (LoL) and Kobe are not better than Wade.

brownmamba00
06-13-2011, 09:40 AM
:roll: :roll:

If this was Kobe you guys would be all over his d!ck.

Wade choked in game 4 with missing the gametying FT = FACT
Wade choked superhard in the most important games in the series in front of his own crowd TWICE= game 2&6

Game 6= 6/16 17 points, 5 TO's, and only 4 points in the 4Q.
Game2 they choked as a team tho but still he and lebron were chucking up stepback 3's like there was no tomorrow

He played like shit in their last 3 losses= FACT

So please cut the crap, if LBJ isn't getting a pass for his performance Wade shouldnt either.

KOLBCTEW
06-13-2011, 09:45 AM
:
He played like shit in their last 3 losses= FACT.
:ohwell: He put up great numbers in game 4 and he got injured in game 5..

brownmamba00
06-13-2011, 09:47 AM
:ohwell: He put up great numbers in game 4 and he got injured in game 5..
doesn't change the fact he choked at the line. I'll give you game 5 tho

vinsane01
06-13-2011, 09:49 AM

This.

I dont like wade and i dont like his game. But he is a pretty darn good basketball player. And IMO the best SG in the league at the moment, no disrespect to kobe.

jrong
06-13-2011, 10:11 AM
Best finals ever...as long as he gets 20 fta/gm you mean. Who wouldn't be amazing with that?

Without them though...well, you see what happened. He totally choked down the stretch of every game, as his team's best player. Turnover machine. Shitty FT shooting. Totally disappearing when it mattered the most. Fail. It's gonna get ugly in a couple years when he loses the ability to drive.

Get off the board, shrew. He closed out both games they won. He wasn't expecting to have to replicate his 06 dominance because heading into the series, he wasn't supposed to be the best player on his team.

He was still easily the best player in the series. Dirk had the best team and was clutch in a couple 4th quarters, but he hardly gave us some legendary Finals play for the ages.

KingBeasley08
06-13-2011, 10:15 AM
without rep, 97 bulls is a JOKE :roll:

anyonebutmiami
06-13-2011, 10:18 AM
WADE >>> James (who is overrated!!)

8BeastlyXOIAD
06-13-2011, 10:28 AM
You can't blame Wade for Miami Heat lost yesterday..........

Wade went all out.........he played like a warrior......you could see it in his eyes he didn't want to lose, but unfortunately for him, Bron wanted no part in that.

Lebron James playing like crap...........and Spo Rotation & choking up again cost Heat the title IMO

And also the Miami Heat missed 13 free throws 13 they shot like around 60% from the freethrow line!!!!! Like WTF?

Semi
06-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Where is Heat007 when you need him? :lol

ChandlerParsons
06-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Wth?
Lmfao
No, not overrated. At one point he was the best player in the series, but, he got injured, and started having forced turnovers like no tomorrow .
ATM he is the best SG in the league.

Semi
06-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Wth?
Lmfao
No, not overrated. At one point he was the best player in the series, but, he got injured, and started having forced turnovers like no tomorrow .
ATM he is the best SG in the league.
you mean unforced turnovers, don't you? dribbling of his foot etc.

Dray n Klay
05-30-2016, 06:59 AM

:biggums:

MiseryCityTexas
05-30-2016, 11:48 AM
Wade wouldn't have won a championship in 06 if it weren't for Shaq. Shaq was past his prime in 06, but Shaq was still an elite rim protector, and was still a post presence in 06 even though he was offensivley past his prime, and Atoine Walker, James Posey and even Udonis Haslem hit some clutch shots in the play-offs and finals.

MiseryCityTexas
05-30-2016, 11:52 AM
D Wade, Eddie Jones, Brian Grant, Rafer Alston, Caron Butler, and Lamar Odom's Heat teams were one of the most underrated Heat teams ever assembled though.

MiseryCityTexas
05-30-2016, 12:04 PM
D Wade probably would've had a Reggie Miller or Mitch Richmond type of basketball career if it weren't for Shaq and Lebron's help.

aj1987
05-30-2016, 12:20 PM
Wade wouldn't have won a championship in 06 if it weren't for Shaq. Shaq was past his prime in 06, but Shaq was still an elite rim protector, and was still a post presence in 06 even though he was offensivley past his prime, and Atoine Walker, James Posey and even Udonis Haslem hit some clutch shots in the play-offs and finals.
Yeah, and MJ would be ringless without Pippen. LeBron would be ringless without Wade. Kobe would be ringless without Shaq/Pau. Etc..

Walker in the '06 PO's - 13 PPG on 40%
Williams in the '06 PO's - 9 PPG on 40%

Starting SF and PG for the Heat in '06. The teams outside Wade and Shaq was nothing special.

Walker averaged 14 points on 39%, Williams averaged 9 on 36%, GP averaged 3 on 37%, etc. in the Finals. Shaq also got benched a couple of times in favor of Mourning for his defense in the Finals, during clutch situations.

D Wade probably would've had a Reggie Miller or Mitch Richmond type of basketball career if it weren't for Shaq and Lebron's help.
This has to be the dumbest shit ever said on this troll infested board. :facepalm

MiseryCityTexas
05-30-2016, 12:32 PM
Yeah, and MJ would be ringless without Pippen. LeBron would be ringless without Wade. Kobe would be ringless without Shaq/Pau. Etc..

Walker in the '06 PO's - 13 PPG on 40%
Williams in the '06 PO's - 9 PPG on 40%

Starting SF and PG for the Heat in '06. The teams outside Wade and Shaq was nothing special.

Walker averaged 14 points on 39%, Williams averaged 9 on 36%, GP averaged 3 on 37%, etc. in the Finals. Shaq also got benched a couple of times in favor of Mourning for his defense in the Finals, during clutch situations.

This has to be the dumbest shit ever said on this troll infested board. :facepalm

You mad because it's the truth. How many championships has Wade won with Lamar Odom, Michael Beasley, and Hasaan Whitside as second options? :oldlol: Wade would've had a Reggie Miller/Mitch Richmond type of career if he had no help.

MiseryCityTexas
05-30-2016, 12:35 PM
Just like how Wade would probably only have one championship instead of three if Lebron wouldn't have came to Miami.......

aj1987
05-30-2016, 12:53 PM
You mad because it's the truth. How many championships has Wade won with Lamar Odom, Michael Beasley, and Hasaan Whitside as second options? :oldlol: Wade would've had a Reggie Miller/Mitch Richmond type of career if he had no help.
How am I mad? I'm calling out for being a retard.

MJ - Pippen = 0 rings
LeBron - Wade = 0 rings
Kobe - Shaq/Pau = 0 rings
Bird - McHale = 0 rings
Magic - KAJ = 0 rings

Is this how this works? When have Miller/Richmond ever even come close to having the kind of season Wade had in '10?

Just like how Wade would probably only have one championship instead of three if Lebron wouldn't have came to Miami.......
How many does LeBron have without Wade?

greatest-ever
05-30-2016, 01:02 PM
Lmfao dont be a fukken retard. Wade is a flat out better player than them with or without rings. Get your head out of ur ass dumbass.

SamuraiSWISH
05-30-2016, 01:09 PM
No. If anything Wade is underrated all time. Mainly due to injuries.

All the guys that are hyped up today, besides LeBron, guys like: Westbrook, KD, Harden and even Curry?

Peak / Prime Wade was easily better ball player then those guys. Just way more dimensional.

He was a smarter, better shooter, clutch player, and defender than Westbrook.

Better playoff performer than Harden. Easily better defender.

Better defender than Curry. More consistent offensively due to not being stuck to one dimension of capable scoring. Better ISO player too that didn't need a slew of weapons around him to spread the defense thin.

And he was a better playoff performer, clutch player and better defender compared to KD.

Even hobbled, old Wade this post season showed how effective he was through craftiness and skill. I trust him as franchise corner stone more than any of these guys. Better head on his shoulders too. As competitive as any of them. But not as fiercely dumb as Westbrook.

If MVP was based off regular and post season. Wade was 2006 MVP. In 2007 he was even more amazing before his injury. And 2009 he had as good of a season for ANY player not named Jordan. And he carried some bum ass teams from 2008 to 2010. The three years of his peak. One robbed due to injury.

And let's not forget him being easily the best player for both teams in the 2011 Finals. If only LeBron didn't go into ghost mode. He would have 2x Finals MVPs and 4x rings. And like 3 or 4 seasons that were MVP caliber.

He's better than Dirk too. He's underrated, not overrated. Top 5 SG all time, and he's in my top 25 to 30 all time.

Dresta
05-30-2016, 01:23 PM
Shaq was a defensive liability in the NBA finals, which was why he was benched for old-man Zo in the series' key moments. Miami were outscored with Shaq on the floor. Look at Shaq carrying Wade:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200606200DAL.html

:facepalm

He got outplayed by his backup.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-30-2016, 01:26 PM
When healthy, Wade was right on par with Kobe and LeBron.

You could argue even better depending on the years. At the same time tho, I do feel he gets overrated because of said injuries and the "what if" factor. No player in NBA history gets the kinda leeway he does in that regard.

feyki
05-30-2016, 01:36 PM
Alonzo > Shaq for 2006 Finals . But If Shaq wasn't playing in Miami , Wade wouldn't pass that Pistons team at ECF .

Career isn't mean team accomplishments . Why people judge players with team success ?

MiseryCityTexas
05-30-2016, 03:14 PM
How am I mad? I'm calling out for being a retard.

MJ - Pippen = 0 rings
LeBron - Wade = 0 rings
Bird - McHale = 0 rings
Magic - KAJ = 0 rings

Is this how this works? When have Miller/Richmond ever even come close to having the kind of season Wade had in '10?

How many does LeBron have without Wade?

How many Finals appearances does Wade have without Shaq and Lebron? People are just quick to insult just because they are wrong. It's easy as hell for wade to put up numbers, even at his current age because of shitty new school soft ass NBA rules.

MiseryCityTexas
05-30-2016, 03:18 PM
Shaq was a defensive liability in the NBA finals, which was why he was benched for old-man Zo in the series' key moments. Miami were outscored with Shaq on the floor. Look at Shaq carrying Wade:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200606200DAL.html

:facepalm

He got outplayed by his backup.

Shaq was a monster in the conference Finals, and people are also overxagerrating about Shaq's finals performance. Shaq had a couple of bad games, in the Finals, but he wasn't that damned bad overall. Shaq had a lot of rebounds during that series with a couple of block shots. Shaq was still the best center in the NBA in 2006.

MiseryCityTexas
05-30-2016, 03:21 PM
Dude wants to pull up one NBA Finals game where Shaq played bad, but wont pull up the full game log because Shaq's numbers in the finals were still impressive overall and he don't want to look stupid.:oldlol:

MiseryCityTexas
05-30-2016, 03:43 PM
Mitch Richmond in his prime was not on the same level as Wade as a player to many who post on Insidehoops, but Mitch lead a team with Brian Grant and Tyus Friggin Edney as second and third options to the NBA play-offs in a stacked Jordan era. Them mid 90s Kings team were worse than the current Miami Heat teams. Mitch leading that team to the NBA play-offs with garbage ass Tyus Edney starting at point guard with a washed up Saruanas Marcilonis coming off the bench was an accomplisment in itself. Edney didn't last more than 5 seasons in the league and was a bum in the NBA, and we all know what happened to Brian Grant's career in the long run.

Straight_Ballin
05-30-2016, 04:00 PM
MJ - Pippen = 0 rings
LeBron - Wade = 0 rings
Bird - McHale = 0 rings
Magic - KAJ = 0 rings

Shaq + Penny + Grant = 0 rings
Stockton + Malone = 0 rings
Barkley + KJ = 0 rings
Ewing + Starks = 0 rings
Payton + Kemp = 0 rings
Miller + Smits = 0 rings

Dat mean ol' MJ. :roll:

MiseryCityTexas
05-30-2016, 04:10 PM
Mitch Richmond also won All Star MVP in an NBA season that was dominated by Shaq and Hakeem Olajuwon. That alone lets you know how good Mitch Richmond was as a player. People in here don't give the old school era enough credit. Mitch was just as good as Wade. One of the most underrated players in NBA history.

TheMarkMadsen
05-30-2016, 04:13 PM
Alonzo > Shaq for 2006 Finals . But If Shaq wasn't playing in Miami , Wade wouldn't pass that Pistons team at ECF .

Career isn't mean team accomplishments . Why people judge players with team success ?

What the hell is this shit :oldlol: :oldlol:

Alonzo played less than 12 minutes per game in the finals.

Smoke117
05-30-2016, 04:17 PM
Mitch Richmond also won All Star MVP in an NBA season that was dominated by Shaq and Hakeem Olajuwon. That alone lets you know how good Mitch Richmond was as a player. People in here don't give the old school era enough credit. Mitch was just as good as Wade. One of the most underrated players in NBA history.

:biggums: :roll:

MiseryCityTexas
05-30-2016, 04:23 PM
:biggums: :roll:

Most of you idiots never seen the Sacramento Kings play ball until after Jason Williams was drafted and Webber was traded to Sacramento.:oldlol: Mitch was the truth.:facepalm. Wade avg more points than Mitch overall for his career, but Mitch played against waaaay tougher defense in his era also, and Mitch played in a much tougher Western Conference also while Wade played in a shitty Eastern conference of the mid 2000s. People would be dickriding Mitch today if he played on 500 teams his whole career.

feyki
05-30-2016, 04:30 PM
What the hell is this shit :oldlol: :oldlol:

Alonzo played less than 12 minutes per game in the finals.

He was a defensive force at least . Shaq was nothing in finals .

MiseryCityTexas
05-30-2016, 04:37 PM

Quit ****ing lying. Shaq averaged double digits in points and rebounds with a couple of blocks in the NBA Finals. 16 points and 11 rebounds and 2 blocks in game 2, 17 points and 13 rebounds 2 blocks in game 4, and 18 points and 12 rebounds in game 5 of the NBA Finals are pretty bad numbers.:oldlol: Please shut the **** up.

feyki
05-30-2016, 04:42 PM
Quit ****ing lying. Shaq averaged double digits in points and rebounds with a couple of blocks in the NBA Finals. 16 points and 11 rebounds in game 2, 17 points and 13 rebounds 2 blocks in game 4, and 18 points and 12 rebounds in game 5 of the NBA Finals are pretty bad numbers.:oldlol: Please shut the **** up.

Bos konusma sikerim belani .

MiseryCityTexas
05-30-2016, 04:43 PM
You just hate to remember how bad Shaq and Wade's Mavs destroyed the Mavericks back in the day:oldlol: :roll:

Smoke117
05-30-2016, 04:44 PM
Most of you idiots never seen the Sacramento Kings play ball until after Jason Williams was drafted and Webber was traded to Sacramento.:oldlol: Mitch was the truth.:facepalm. Wade avg more points than Mitch overall for his career, but Mitch played against waaaay tougher defense in his era also, and Mitch played in a much tougher Western Conference also while Wade played in a shitty Eastern conference of the mid 2000s. People would be dickriding Mitch today if he played on 500 teams his whole career.

I watched Richmond play throughout his prime and Wade is a tier or 2 above him.

feyki
05-30-2016, 04:47 PM
You just hate to remember how bad Shaq and Wade's Mavs destroyed the Mavericks back in the day:oldlol: :roll:

I do remember revenge of that finals too . I hate Wade far more than Shaq . That was just my opinion .

TheMarkMadsen
05-30-2016, 04:49 PM

Alonzo played an entire 66 minutes for the entire series

What the hell.. :biggums: :oldlol:

12 minutes per game

WHAT A FORCE DOE!!

MiseryCityTexas
05-30-2016, 04:56 PM
I said this once, and I'll say it again. Mitch Richmond lead a team with Brian Grant, and much worse Tyus ****ing Edney as first and second options to the play-offs in a very competitive Western Conference during the mid 90s 72-10 Jordan era. It takes an elite level player for someone to take a shitty team like that to the play-offs, cause most of the other players on that Kings team were either washed up (Marcilonis, Lionel Simmons), or flat out garbage (Olden Polynice, Michael Smith, Billy Owens, Tyus Edney after 1996). Yet people still don't think a player of that magnitude could compete against today's level of soft ass NBA players?:facepalm

feyki
05-30-2016, 04:58 PM
Alonzo played an entire 66 minutes for the entire series

What the hell.. :biggums: :oldlol:

12 minutes per game

WHAT A FORCE DOE!!

Led the team with 89 defensive rating too .

Alonzo>Shaq in that series for anyone , who watched the series .

MiseryCityTexas
05-30-2016, 05:23 PM
Shaq was the best center in the NBA by default in 2006, because competition at center back then was terrible.

NBAGOAT
05-30-2016, 05:29 PM
I said this once, and I'll say it again. Mitch Richmond lead a team with Brian Grant, and much worse Tyus ****ing Edney as first and second options to the play-offs in a very competitive Western Conference during the mid 90s 72-10 Jordan era. It takes an elite level player for someone to take a shitty team like that to the play-offs, cause most of the other players on that Kings team were either washed up (Marcilonis, Lionel Simmons), or flat out garbage (Olden Polynice, Michael Smith, Billy Owens, Tyus Edney after 1996). Yet people still don't think a player of that magnitude could compete against today's level of soft ass NBA players?:facepalm

yes and Wade was playing with hall of famers in 09 :oldlol:. Come on now, no one believes Ritchmond is as good as wade. Most people including me don't think Drexler is as good as Wade either and I'm a Drexler fan.

MiseryCityTexas
05-30-2016, 05:44 PM
yes and Wade was playing with hall of famers in 09 :oldlol:. Come on now, no one believes Ritchmond is as good as wade. Most people including me don't think Drexler is as good as Wade either and I'm a Drexler fan.

Michael Beasely and Mario Chalmers were both better players than Brian Grant and Tyus Edney. Hell even Udonis Haslem was better than Olden Polynice. Udonis one of the greatest role players of the early to mid 2000s, while Olden's biggest accomplishment of his NBA career was being traded for Scottie Pippen on Draft night. Tyus Edney was a poor man's Rajon Rondo with no defense, and no court vision with a slightly better jumpshot, but he can't drive to the basket like Rondo can either.

MiseryCityTexas
05-30-2016, 05:55 PM
Saddest part about Tyus Edney's basketball career was that he was supposed to be Baron Davis before Baron Davis, and he was supposed to be Russell Westbrook before Russell Westbrook's existence. Tyus Edney was one of the most underrated NBA busts of all time, because the hype for him coming out of UCLA college was huge back in the mid 90s, because UCLA had a rep for producing the best pgs and sgs even back then. People used to wear Tyus Edney Sacramento Kings Championship sports jerseys to school back in the day.:oldlol: People used to rock that jersey in school as if he was one of the best up and coming point guards in the league.:oldlol: Dude was barley better than Brent Price in the NBA.:oldlol: Wade had way more help than Mitch, even his his rookie season. Lamar Odom was low key a beast in Miami back in the early to mid 2000s, and Eddie Jones was still a good player back then too.

Dresta
05-30-2016, 06:00 PM
Michael Beasely and Mario Chalmers were both better players than Brian Grant and Tyus Edney. Hell even Udonis Haslem was better than Olden Polynice. Udonis one of the greatest role players of the early to mid 2000s, while Olden's biggest accomplishment of his NBA career was being traded for Scottie Pippen on Draft night. Tyus Edney was a poor man's Rajon Rondo with no defense, and no court vision with a slightly better jumpshot, but he can't drive to the basket like Rondo can either.
Yes, two rookies, one of whom is out of the league now (when he should be in his prime), and the other who was a second round pick, and is barely scraping together a bench-role in the NBA.

Pure quality :lol

TheMarkMadsen
05-30-2016, 06:07 PM
Led the team with 89 defensive rating too .

Alonzo>Shaq in that series for anyone , who watched the series .

WHO CARES when he only played 12 minutes per game :wtf: :roll:

Shaq averaged 14/10 on 60%.

Alonzo put up 4/3

You are off your rocker.

sd3035
05-30-2016, 06:14 PM
Wade is the greatest Heat player of all time

MiseryCityTexas
05-30-2016, 06:32 PM
I take back what I said about Michael Beasely being a better overall player than Brian Grant. Brian Grant was actually one of the top league leaders in rebounding back in the late 90s/ early 2000s. Beasely never never one of the league leaders in anything. He just had a few solid scoring seasons in Minnesota.

GrapeApe
05-30-2016, 06:48 PM
Saddest part about Tyus Edney's basketball career was that he was supposed to be Baron Davis before Baron Davis, and he was supposed to be Russell Westbrook before Russell Westbrook's existence. Tyus Edney was one of the most underrated NBA busts of all time, because the hype for him coming out of UCLA college was huge back in the mid 90s, because UCLA had a rep for producing the best pgs and sgs even back then. People used to wear Tyus Edney Sacramento Kings Championship sports jerseys to school back in the day.:oldlol: People used to rock that jersey in school as if he was one of the best up and coming point guards in the league.:oldlol: Dude was barley better than Brent Price in the NBA.:oldlol: Wade had way more help than Mitch, even his his rookie season. Lamar Odom was low key a beast in Miami back in the early to mid 2000s, and Eddie Jones was still a good player back then too.

I'm a huge Mitch Richmond fan, probably one of the biggest on this board. He's a Broward product and a south Florida high school basketball legend. I literally grew up minutes from where he played HS ball (BA). However, Wade is just a different caliber of player. Richmond's career high PER is more than 3 points lower than Wade's career average. Through 13 seasons Wade has significantly better numbers across the board and is way more accomplished from both an individual and team standpoint. They really aren't very close at all, and again, I'm a big Mitch Richmond guy.

aj1987
05-31-2016, 06:15 AM
How many Finals appearances does Wade have without Shaq and Lebron?
How many Finals appearances does MJ have without Pippen?
How many Finals appearances does Kobe have without Shaq/Pau?
How many Finals appearances does Bird have without McHale?

People are just quick to insult just because they are wrong.
Dude you said Mitch freaking Richmond is a better player than Wade. :facepalm

It's easy as hell for wade to put up numbers, even at his current age because of shitty new school soft ass NBA rules.
Wade averaged 21/4/6/1/1 on 57% TS in '04 (BEFORE the rule changes) against a 61 win and the 3rd best defensive team in the league. That was his ROOKIE year.

Shaq was a monster in the conference Finals, and people are also overxagerrating about Shaq's finals performance. Shaq had a couple of bad games, in the Finals, but he wasn't that damned bad overall. Shaq had a lot of rebounds during that series with a couple of block shots. Shaq was still the best center in the NBA in 2006.
Shaq averaged 14/10 and averaged fewer blocks than 6'4" Wade. He also only averaged like 2 more rebounds a game than Wade. Again, Wade is ~8"-9" shorter than Shaq.

Shaq + Penny + Grant = 0 rings
Stockton + Malone = 0 rings
Barkley + KJ = 0 rings
Ewing + Starks = 0 rings
Payton + Kemp = 0 rings
Miller + Smits = 0 rings

Dat mean ol' MJ. :roll:
How ****ing insecure are you, dude? I really can't believe that you're actually over 40. Well, actually not surprised since you're a fat AF 40 year old unemployed loser.

You might want to go back and look at the point I was trying to make.

WHO CARES when he only played 12 minutes per game :wtf: :roll:

Shaq averaged 14/10 on 60%.

Alonzo put up 4/3

You are off your rocker.
Agreed. Zo was not even close to being the player Shaq was. However, he was unquestionably better defensively.