PDA

View Full Version : No Dwight Howard Magic extension

DStebb716
06-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Dwight Howard reaffirmed his desire to stay with the Magic, but told NBA.com on Monday that he will definitely become a free agent rather than sign an extension in the next year and also left open the possibility he would reconsider his future in Orlando if the team does not win the title next season. Speaking during a break at the adidas Eurocamp as part of a tour of the continent for the shoe company, Howard joked with reporters at a news conference and appeared in good spirits. NBA.com

In a one-on-one interview afterward, though, Howard made it clear he is not happy with the collective personality of Orlando's roster and that changes need to be made. The same message, he said, was delivered to owner Rich DeVos and CEO Bob Vander Weide in a meeting last week that included Howard sharing thoughts on everything from personnel to fan involvement and arena atmosphere at home games. NBA.com

DStebb716
06-13-2011, 05:04 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/13/dwight-howard-free-agent_n_876195.html

There is a Huffington Sports link. Don't see ESPN link, just saw it on ESPN.

Clippersfan86
06-13-2011, 05:05 PM
He's just like Lebron was. Acts like he's insanely loyal, says all the right things, shoots down rumors.. when he DOES have intent to leave or at least consider it. I respect Melo for flat out being a man and saying he wanted out of Denver and wanted NY no matter what.

Wordup
06-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Lol, his comments earlier asking why were the Orlando newspapers trying to push him out just sound silly now.

Soothing Layup
06-13-2011, 05:10 PM
He's just like Lebron was. Acts like he's insanely loyal, says all the right things, shoots down rumors.. when he DOES have intent to leave or at least consider it. I respect Melo for flat out being a man and saying he wanted out of Denver and wanted NY no matter what.

This.

Magic Vinsanity
06-13-2011, 05:11 PM
He'll get traded before he reaches free agency. Orlando cant risk another Shaq disaster.

I hate LeBrick, but if Orlando has to trade him and Miami were interested, I think its the only fair trade with Orlando getting something of equal value.

I dont want to hear about Andrew f*cking Bynum who only plays 12 games were year and Pau '197 years old' Gasol. That shit isnt equal, those guys are trash in comparison.

DStebb716
06-13-2011, 05:15 PM
To me, this announcement is a virtual trade demand. He could've kept it quiet and made people wonder but he left no room for wonder. He is going to look for greener pastures, so why not give that to him now and get something back?

vitamink420
06-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Ups to Howard for at least giving them the heads-up. I really hope the Magic find some way to talk him into staying on after next season though. Any teams want Gilbert Arenas or Turkoglu?

Clippersfan86
06-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Lol, his comments earlier asking why were the Orlando newspapers trying to push him out just sound silly now.

It's an excuse.. so IF he does leave he can blame fans and the newspapers. He's in the same boat as Lebron. Which is funny considering how he bagged on Lebron's decision. Now he's talking about bailing to win somewhere else. Fu**ing douche.

crosso√er
06-13-2011, 05:18 PM
He'll get traded before he reaches free agency. Orlando cant risk another Shaq disaster.

I hate LeBrick, but if Orlando has to trade him and Miami were interested, I think its the only fair trade with Orlando getting something of equal value.

I dont want to hear about Andrew f*cking Bynum who only plays 12 games were year and Pau '197 years old' Gasol. That shit isnt equal, those guys are trash in comparison.

:oldlol: LA aren't giving you Gasol & Bynum and if they did you should be ****ing thrilled.

What part of losing him for nothing do you not understand?
Right now, all I'm hearing is Dwight wants to play for either LA or NY. His fiance lives in Los Angeles and she is actually trying to convince him to play in California.

2nd; no team will give you a better offer then say Bynum & Odom. Because no team will take a chance at throwing the bus for Dwight and him not wanting to play there anyways.

Do you understand that? Do you understand your team is in a tough position and getting Bynum & Odom is probably the best offer you'll get. Unless you want Anthony & Amare (for instance) and I doubt NY will do that. They might offer Amare, picks and some young player.

28renyoy
06-13-2011, 05:19 PM
It'll be a S&T to wherever Orlando can get the best package and wherever Dwight can win a ring for multiple years. AKA Chicago or OKC

So Deng+Gibson+Noah+fillers for Howard

or

Westbrook+Ibaka/Harden+Perkins

He's not going to the Lakers, that's for sure and I don't think Orlando would deal to Miami for LeBron.

Given his relationship with Durant, the fact OKC could sign Chris Paul as well after making the trade, and the youth of OKC along with them arguably being the favorites to make it out of the West next year..I would say that's his best bet.

marion706
06-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Im almost 100% sure ATL will make a push, and either offer Joe Johnson or AL Horford(more realistic)

hovermaster
06-13-2011, 05:20 PM
:oldlol: LA aren't giving you Gasol & Bynum and if they did you should be ****ing thrilled.

What part of losing him for nothing do you not understand?
Right now, all I'm hearing is Dwight wants to play for either LA or NY. His fiance lives in Los Angeles and she is actually trying to convince him to play in California.

2nd; no team will give you a better offer then say Bynum & Odom. Because no team will take a chance at throwing the bus for Dwight and him not wanting to play there anyways.

Do you understand that? Do you understand your team is in a tough position and getting Bynum & Odom is probably the best offer you'll get. Unless you want Anthony & Amare (for instance) and I doubt NY will do that. They might offer Amare, picks and some young player.
okc could offer westbrook, harden and ibaka dumbass!

Derka
06-13-2011, 05:21 PM

After signing Perkins to an extension after they traded for him? Not likely.

Clippersfan86
06-13-2011, 05:22 PM

OKC would be RETARDED to give up that much. Ibaka defensively is not far behind Dwight in terms of impact. Westbrook is a borderline superstar caliber player and Harden has borderline all star potential. No way does OKC do this for a Center who has proven he can't lead teams and get the job done.

ThaSwagg3r
You can't really blame him. The organization is heading into the wrong direction and he knows it. I don't think it has anything to do with him not being loyal, I think he just doesn't trust this organization anymore. I mean seriously, Rashard Lewis for Gilbert Arenas? :facepalm

I want him to stay and win as the man and do what MJ, Magic, Bird did by staying with one franchise for the rest of his career. But I guess he can still be the man and win with another organization.

wang4three
Nets Nets Nets!

28renyoy
06-13-2011, 05:23 PM
After signing Perkins to an extension after they traded for him? Not likely.

If a Dwight Howard trade happens, Perkins will be going to Orlando along with Westbrook and one of Harden/Ibaka and potentially Collison.

kunk75
06-13-2011, 05:23 PM
another one who's game hasn't improved much. however, would make the bulls a fast favorite. wouldn't help the knicks much.

DRose1899
06-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Noah + Deng + taj/asik for Dwight n either of turk/arenas.

shite deal for bulls or not?

Don't ask why I put that, because that's the only deal that orlando will accept from bulls.

Shepseskaf
DHo isn't going to OKC.

DStebb716
Dwight seems to be the first player to publicly bash his current roster before making a move though. He is tearing them up at times.

I LOVE Amare and he is definitely one of my favorite players in the league, but I would be okay with the Knicks shipping him to Orlando in exchange for Dwight.

kunk75
06-13-2011, 05:26 PM
please don't trade Amare. Carmelo + Dwight would equal an IQ of about 100.

Clippersfan86
06-13-2011, 05:27 PM
You can't really blame him. The organization is heading into the wrong direction and he knows it. I don't think it has anything to do with him not being loyal, I think he just doesn't trust this organization anymore. I mean seriously, Rashard Lewis for Gilbert Arenas? :facepalm

I want him to stay and win as the man and do what MJ, Magic, Bird did by staying with one franchise for the rest of his career. But I guess he can still be the man and win with another organization.

Thing is.... much like Lebron it's not about the actual leaving. We know Cleveland back then and Orlando now aren't going anywhere. Why? Tons of overpaid, older players who don't have the best chemistry. The value of these teams outside of Lebron and Dwight were/are almost nothing. Nobody wants anyone on the Magic besides Dwight and MAYBE Jameer Nelson.

I just think instead of following in Lebron's footsteps and saying all the right things and acting super loyal when you plan on leaving is the wrong way to go about it. Melo told Denver pretty much in beginning of season he ONLY wanted to go to NY and WOULD NOT resign. This maybe bullsh*t Lebron and now Dwight pulled.. is getting annoying for me.

Shepseskaf
06-13-2011, 05:27 PM
please don't trade Amare. Carmelo + Dwight would equal an IQ of about 100.
It sounds like your IQ is even lower than that.

kunk75
06-13-2011, 05:28 PM
killer comeback bro.

Clippersfan86
06-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Dwight seems to be the first player to publicly bash his current roster before making a move though. He is tearing them up at times.

I LOVE Amare and he is definitely one of my favorite players in the league, but I would be okay with the Knicks shipping him to Orlando in exchange for Dwight.

Yea he's worse than any other star in that aspect. Lebron at least pretended to take all the responsibility. Dwight talks as if he's done everything humanly possible and his teammates are just terrible (at times true). You NEVER say that about your teammates as the supposed leader and franchise player.

crosso√er
06-13-2011, 05:29 PM

Dumbass? :oldlol:
Reading comprehension isn't your thing eh?

What part of "teams will not offer Orlando much if they aren't 100% assured that Dwight signs an extension with them."

Sure teams can offer more then LA, but will Dwight want to play there?
Moron.

Reverend Hoops
06-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Im almost 100% sure ATL will make a push, and either offer Joe Johnson or AL Horford(more realistic)

http://www.mascotcoalition.org/education/movies/training_day_images/denzel_intro.jpg

"My man"

ThaSwagg3r
06-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Well If Dwight Howard does leave Orlando or gets traded, I hope he gets traded to his hometown Atlanta. I could see a deal being made probably involving players like Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams, and maybe Al Horford. Not all of those guys, but those guys are players I can see being thrown in the deal.

28renyoy
Dumbass? :oldlol:
Reading comprehension isn't your thing eh?

What part of "teams will not offer Orlando much if they aren't 100% assured that Dwight signs an extension with them."

Sure teams can offer more then LA, but will Dwight want to play there?
Moron.

What does it matter? If Orlando doesn't accept a trade, there is absolutely no chance Dwight Howard can end up in LA because they have NO room to sign him outright.

So basically it's Orlando doing him a favor, and seeing as he's killing their franchise there is literally 0% chance that happens. LA Lakers are not happening unless they're throwing everything at the Magic besides Kobe

GOBB
Where does he say he would not sign a contract extension? I see him say everything but that. :confusedshrug:

Derka
06-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Thing is.... much like Lebron it's not about the actual leaving. We know Cleveland back then and Orlando now aren't going anywhere. Why? Tons of overpaid, older players who don't have the best chemistry. The value of these teams outside of Lebron and Dwight were/are almost nothing. Nobody wants anyone on the Magic besides Dwight and MAYBE Jameer Nelson.

I just think instead of following in Lebron's footsteps and saying all the right things and acting super loyal when you plan on leaving is the wrong way to go about it. Melo told Denver pretty much in beginning of season he ONLY wanted to go to NY and WOULD NOT resign. This maybe bullsh*t Lebron and now Dwight pulled.. is getting annoying for me.

This is not even on the same stratosphere as what Lebron did. By my spotty recollection, Dwight never said he was loyal to the organization...he said he wanted to be loyal to Orlando. I think he loves the fans and the region more than the front office people who fail so horribly at getting him a team that can win it all. The fans there have always shown him nothing but love and its hard to choose between that level of adulation and your own personal career goals.

At least Orlando is left with some options and plenty of time to execute them before he walks, as well. No one knew what was going on with Lebron until his TV show ended, at which point the Cavs' front office was left proper f**ked (largely their own fault, I know).

hawksdogsbraves
The Magic can have their pick of whoever they want on our roster for Dwight.

Horford/Johnson/Teague for Dwight/Arenas? Done.

DRose1899
Where does he say he would not sign a contract extension? I see him say everything but that. :confusedshrug:
+1

Its seems they put word on his mouth tbh.

blablabla
06-13-2011, 05:33 PM
id don't see any team having a good offer for orlando other than the teams he doesn't want to play for

Clippersfan86
This is not even on the same stratosphere as what Lebron did. By my spotty recollection, Dwight never said he was loyal to the organization...he said he wanted to be loyal to Orlando. I think he loves the fans and the region more than the front office people who fail so horribly at getting him a team that can win it all. The fans there have always shown him nothing but love and its hard to choose between that level of adulation and your own personal career goals.

At least Orlando is left with some options and plenty of time to execute them before he walks, as well. No one knew what was going on with Lebron until his TV show ended, at which point the Cavs' front office was left proper f**ked (largely their own fault, I know).

Bullsh*t. He's said about 20 times he WANTS to stay in Orlando and it's his first choice. Just like Lebron did. I didn't compare it to "The Decision". I'm saying how Lebron sweet talked his city about you're my first love and all this sh*t.. is exactly what Dwight's doing. Yet both declined an extension and made it clear they wanted to win a ring at all costs.

marion706
Well If Dwight Howard does leave Orlando or gets traded, I hope he gets traded to his hometown Atlanta. I could see a deal being made probably involving players like Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams, and maybe Al Horford. Not all of those guys, but those guys are players I can see being thrown in the deal.
josh smith and dwight in the paint :bowdown: :bowdown:

Derka
06-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Bullsh*t. He's said about 20 times he WANTS to stay in Orlando and it's his first choice. Just like Lebron did. I didn't compare it to "The Decision". I'm saying how Lebron sweet talked his city about you're my first love and all this sh*t.. is exactly what Dwight's doing. Yet both declined an extension and made it clear they wanted to win a ring at all costs.

Well, Wake Forest was my first choice for college and I said so about 100 times to anyone who listened. Then they offered me piss for financial aid and Providence offered me a lot.

Decisions are funny like that.

ThaSwagg3r
06-13-2011, 05:35 PM
josh smith and dwight in the paint :bowdown: :bowdown:
Actually If I was a Hawks fan I'd much rather have Smith traded than Horford. I really like Al Horford and I think he is a tremendous player. I don't know what is up with Josh Smith. I don't even know what position he is, I don't know whether or not he is a SF or a PF. Al Horford is clearly a PF, he is just like Amare Stoudemire (position-wise).

Best case scenario is that they keep Al Horford in this trade to play alongside Dwight in the future. Worst case scenario is that they dump both Joe Johnson and Al Horford away for Dwight Howard.

DStebb716
06-13-2011, 05:36 PM
+1

Its seems they put word on his mouth tbh.

No, the quotes on ESPN show him actually saying it.

Clippersfan86
06-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Well, Wake Forest was my first choice for college and I said so about 100 times to anyone who listened. Then they offered me piss for financial aid and Providence offered me a lot.

Decisions are funny like that.

Difference is Orlando can offer an extra 18-20 mill on a contract. So there is incentive to stay. Not to mention he got to the finals with a similar roster. How about he admits he hasn't improved much over the last 3 years or so.. and needs to elevate his game. Look how quickly Shaq took the Magic to the finals. In his what 2nd or 3rd season? I mean it's a joke that people consider Dwight "dominant" in any sense. He doesn't have very much control over his team apparently in the locker room or on the court.

crosso√er
06-13-2011, 05:39 PM
What does it matter? If Orlando doesn't accept a trade, there is absolutely no chance Dwight Howard can end up in LA because they have NO room to sign him outright.

So basically it's Orlando doing him a favor, and seeing as he's killing their franchise there is literally 0% chance that happens. LA Lakers are not happening unless they're throwing everything at the Magic besides Kobe

Say OKC gives Orlando the best package (Westbrook & Harden); then Dwight WILL have to play for them next season. After that, if he doesn't want to stay there he'll be a FA. When trades happen, teams always try to assure an automatic extension.

If Dwight only wants to play for LA or NY, no other team will offer nearly as much as (Bynum + Odom) because why would they take a chance like that and not have Dwight after the 2012 season?

You're looking at it from only Orlando's perspective. What about the other team's in this league who will have to offer a nice package for a player who might not even want to stay there after his contract is up?

Do you understand the principle of leverage? Sure if a team is stupid enough to give up great assets for Dwight and take a chance at convincing him to re-sign with them then Orlando can obviously get a better package then LA can offer; but the screening process is usually a lot more sophisticate then that and teams will probably not take that chance.

DStebb716
If Dwight wants to play at home in Atlanta and can stand playing in front of a pathetic fanbase then it seems that Atlanta makes a lot of sense.

They have a lot to offer in Johnson, Horford and Smith. HOWEVER, would Orlando want Johnson's terrible contract? No. So that could break it all off.

Horford/Smith for Dwight?

marion706
The Magic can have their pick of whoever they want on our roster for Dwight.

Horford/Johnson/Teague for Dwight/Arenas? Done.
horrible you don't trade two all stars for 1 plus arenas

ThaSwagg3r
06-13-2011, 05:44 PM
If Dwight wants to play at home in Atlanta and can stand playing in front of a pathetic fanbase then it seems that Atlanta makes a lot of sense.

They have a lot to offer in Johnson, Horford and Smith. HOWEVER, would Orlando want Johnson's terrible contract? No. So that could break it all off.

Horford/Smith for Dwight?
They wanted Gilbert Arenas's terrible one and they also were willing to give Rashard Lewis a horrible one, so yes.

GOBB
06-13-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm watching espn news and see no ticker caption about it. I see nothing on espn.com yet.

We'll wait and see if an actual quote/video from Dwight comes out.

blablabla
06-13-2011, 05:48 PM
They wanted Gilbert Arenas's terrible one and they also were willing to give Rashard Lewis a horrible one, so yes.

but that was when they wanted to build a team around dwight, it worked out they got to the finals, but if dwight really wants to leave they want young players that they can build around, draft picks and they want to lose atleast one bad contract
why would they want johnson and smith or even johnson and horford they would pay so much money for a mediocre team

28renyoy
06-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Say OKC gives Orlando the best package (Westbrook & Harden); then Dwight WILL have to play for them next season. After that, if he doesn't want to stay there he'll be a FA. When trades happen, teams always try to assure an automatic extension.

If Dwight only wants to play for LA or NY, no other team will offer nearly as much as (Bynum + Odom) because why would they take a chance like that and not have Dwight after the 2012 season?

You're looking at it from only Orlando's perspective. What about the other team's in this league who will have to offer a nice package for a player who might not even want to stay there after his contract is up?

Do you understand the principle of leverage? Sure if a team is stupid enough to give up great assets for Dwight and take a chance at convincing him to re-sign with them then Orlando can obviously get a better package then LA can offer; but the screening process is usually a lot more sophisticate then that and teams will probably not take that chance.

Who would have cap room to sign Dwight that would be a better situation than OKC? First off you add Dwight to OKC and they're a 3+ championship team over the next decade. But if you want to talk about the market, who else has room to take him on that would be a contender?

The Bulls have 50 million tied up in 2012 not including giving Rose a new max contract.

The Celtics have room, but why would he want to go to Boston? Everyone on the team is done, it would be Dwight and Rondo with a bunch of scrubs.

The Knicks have no room

The Nets have room, but would he want to play with ONLY Deron Williams? And that's assuming Williams re-signs with them

The Hawks have no room

The Lakers have no room

The Clippers have room, but would he want to work for the worst owner in sports that has won 1 playoff series in decades?

Mavericks have no room after they re-sign Chandler

The Rockets have room

So it comes down to

OKC, LAC, Houston, New Jersey, Boston with no KG/Allen/Pierce

Which of those situations look best? Exactly

blablabla
06-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Who would have cap room to sign Dwight that would be a better situation than OKC? First off you add Dwight to OKC and they're a 3+ championship team over the next decade. But if you want to talk about the market, who else has room to take him on that would be a contender?

The Bulls have 50 million tied up in 2012 not including giving Rose a new max contract.

The Celtics have room, but why would he want to go to Boston? Everyone on the team is done, it would be Dwight and Rondo with a bunch of scrubs.

The Knicks have no room

The Nets have room, but would he want to play with ONLY Deron Williams? And that's assuming Williams re-signs with them

The Hawks have no room

The Lakers have no room

The Clippers have room, but would he want to work for the worst owner in sports that has won 1 playoff series in decades?

The Rockets have room

So it comes down to

knicks have room for another max contract next year if we don't **** up our situation this year

Clippersfan86
06-13-2011, 05:55 PM

The Knicks have no room

The Hawks have no room

The Lakers have no room

The Rockets have room

So it comes down to

Lol way to agenda push. He's not going to OKC trust me.

28renyoy
06-13-2011, 05:57 PM
knicks have room for another max contract next year if we don't **** up our situation this year

Max contract is what, 16.5 million? Unless they're letting Landry Fiels and Toney Douglas walk, no they don't. And even then under the current cap, the Knicks have 17 million in cap space in 2013 with ONLY Amare and Melo on the books. It's almost a consensus the hard cap is going down under the new CBA.

28renyoy
06-13-2011, 05:58 PM
Lol way to agenda push. He's not going to OKC trust me.

What agenda am I trying to push? Everything is factual under the new CBA

I could really give a shit where he ends up, following the NBA is just a hobby

blablabla
06-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Max contract is what, 16.5 million? Unless they're letting Landry Fiels and Toney Douglas walk, no they don't. And even then under the current cap, the Knicks have 17 million in cap space in 2013 with ONLY Amare and Melo on the books. It's almost a consensus the hard cap is going down under the new CBA.
it's better having dwight than fields,douglas and some center we sign for the remaining cap space
but I also think that we can't afford dwight under the new cba

Clippersfan86
06-13-2011, 06:05 PM
What agenda am I trying to push? Everything is factual under the new CBA

I could really give a shit where he ends up, following the NBA is just a hobby

I'm saying you find a flaw in those teams you listed and make it sound like OKC is the only desirable destination for Dwight. Many teams can make a move at the last second to make a play for him. At the end of the day he wants to play for a big city, specifically LA or NY. Who wants to play in Oklahoma? Sure the team is a nice, up and coming team but remember these guys have families. They care about things like location, weather, how much there is to do, side activities etc. I guarantee you the average free agent right now would rather join up with the Clippers than OKC or any other young team, bad owner or not.

Not that my point is about the Clippers getting him because I think he'd be a bad fit next to Blake Griffin plus he wants to go to an already established winning team (not Clippers yet). I just think OKC is a very speculated place for him to go considering it was made up by fans and fantasy basketball owners. Nobody in Dwight's camp or around the league has mentioned OKC as a legit possibility.

Jameerthefear
06-13-2011, 06:05 PM
What Otis Smith said really irked me.

28renyoy
06-13-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm saying you find a flaw in those teams you listed and make it sound like OKC is the only desirable destination for Dwight. Many teams can make a move at the last second to make a play for him. At the end of the day he wants to play for a big city, specifically LA or NY. Who wants to play in Oklahoma? Sure the team is a nice, up and coming team but remember these guys have families. They care about things like location, weather, how much there is to do, side activities etc. I guarantee you the average free agent right now would rather join up with the Clippers than OKC or any other young team, bad owner or not.

Not that my point is about the Clippers getting him because I think he'd be a bad fit next to Blake Griffin. I just think OKC is a very speculated place for him to go considering it was made up by fans and fantasy basketball owners. Nobody in Dwight's camp or around the league has mentioned OKC as a legit possibility.

Well seeing as Dwight has contact Durant about teaming up and he has spoken out several times stating how he would prefer Durant over LeBron...

you're implying that playing for a team=living their year round. just out of curiosity, have you ever been to Orlando?

DStebb716
06-13-2011, 06:11 PM

The Knicks have no room

The Hawks have no room

The Lakers have no room

The Rockets have room

So it comes down to

Nobody is signing Dwight outright. He WILL be traded or the Magic will make the moves with the roster to convince him to sign an extension.

Clippersfan86
06-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Well seeing as Dwight has contact Durant about teaming up and he has spoken out several times stating how he would prefer Durant over LeBron...

you're implying that playing for a team=living their year round. just out of curiosity, have you ever been to Orlando?

Of course they are always on the road.. but it doesn't mean they don't have a home, or place they are renting where they play because they do 99 percent of the time. Besides you don't think they go out after and before games? They do. I'm not saying Dwight isn't a fan of Durant. I would like evidence or a source though for him saying he contacted Durant about teaming up. If that was the intent of the OKC front office it's retarded to re sign Perkins. Why not let Perkins go and just sign Dwight or offer an uneven trade for him with all that extra cap they would have? Like take on Arenas or Turk maybe.

DStebb716
06-13-2011, 06:12 PM
What Otis Smith said really irked me.

What did he say?

Jameerthefear
06-13-2011, 06:14 PM
What did he say?
"I expected it," Smith told the Orlando Sentinel on Monday. "I think free agency is a basketball player's God-given right. It's one of the things they bargained for, so I expected him to look at all of his options and become a free agent if that's what he's going to choose."
"My job going into every season and offseason is to make our team better and give ourselves the best chance there is to win an NBA title," Smith said. "The problem is, after you get ousted in the first round, you're expected to have a knee-jerk reaction and make wholesale changes.

"The fact of the matter is, we made wholesale changes during the season. A lot of those changes

28renyoy
06-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Of course they are always on the road.. but it doesn't mean they don't have a home, or place they are renting where they play because they do 99 percent of the time. Besides you don't think they go out after and before games? They do. I'm not saying Dwight isn't a fan of Durant. I would like evidence or a source though for him saying he contacted Durant about teaming up. If that was the intent of the OKC front office it's retarded to re sign Perkins. Why not let Perkins go and just sign Dwight or offer an uneven trade for him with all that extra cap they would have? Like take on Arenas or Turk maybe.

Why take a risk in not re-signing Perkins? OKC was a legit contender, and arguably should have made the Finals if not for blowing leads. They are one of the 5 favorites for the title next year and in all likelyhood Dwight is getting traded for.

People act like there are several desirable locations for him to end up in. The truth is that there are not. He's either going to have to sacrifice money, location, or being on a contender.

Clippersfan86
06-13-2011, 06:17 PM
Why take a risk in not re-signing Perkins? OKC was a legit contender, and arguably should have made the Finals if not for blowing leads. They are one of the 5 favorites for the title next year and in all likelyhood Dwight is getting traded for.

People act like there are several desirable locations for him to end up in. The truth is that there are not. He's either going to have to sacrifice money, location, or being on a contender.

Yes.. but unfortunately star athletes want to have it all. Compromise doesn't exist in this current NBA.

Crown&Coke
06-13-2011, 06:18 PM
still don't mean shit.

Orlando will still be able to offer him more money than anyone else, and how many legit teams are going to have cap room in 2012? Don't say Jersey because I will bet money they suck next year too.

If Dwight bolts for greener pastures its going to be because of location, not money.

Orlando needs to dump Otis NOW. Dump Van Gundy next year (post lockout)

El Kabong
06-13-2011, 06:18 PM
If I were the Nets i'd be pushing for him hard, even just to show Deron they're serious at building a team around him.

28renyoy
06-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Yes.. but unfortunately star athletes want to have it all. Compromise doesn't exist in this current NBA.

And he's not going to be able to have it all, assuming that is his disposition. There is no perfect fit for Dwight Howard that would be able to outbid OKC if they wanted him. And lets say he left OKC after that 1 season, who could sign him that wouldn't have voids? Noone

LAL is obviously the preferred destination, but there is no way that can happen. What team, where he could legitimately end up, could offer Dwight Howard more than OKC?

Crown&Coke
06-13-2011, 06:25 PM
And he's not going to be able to have it all, assuming that is his disposition. There is no perfect fit for Dwight Howard that would be able to outbid OKC if they wanted him. And lets say he left OKC after that 1 season, who could sign him that wouldn't have voids? Noone

LAL is obviously the preferred destination, but there is no way that can happen. What team, where he could legitimately end up, could offer Dwight Howard more than OKC?

Unless Dwight comes out and says he aint never coming back to Orlando, Otis is dumb enough to go the Lebron route with Howard, wait and watch him leave. But Dwight is doing the whole Melo talk "wait til the end of the year to weight my options, etc"

But Dwight+KD would be the new Shaq-Kobe without the drama.

28renyoy
06-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Unless Dwight comes out and says he aint never coming back to Orlando, Otis is dumb enough to go the Lebron route with Howard, wait and watch him leave. But Dwight is doing the whole Melo talk "wait til the end of the year to weight my options, etc"

But Dwight+KD would be the new Shaq-Kobe without the drama.

It's not only Dwight+KD. You're also going to likely have Ibaka or Harden, Collison, and 15-18 million in cap space after the trade which could result in another max player. Unless Dwight Howard is dead set on living giving up winning for living in a major market, he would be a fool to not go to OKC.

DirtySanchez
06-13-2011, 06:28 PM

THIS

If he wanted to stay he would of signed the extension.

Zambowie
06-13-2011, 06:32 PM
To me, this announcement is a virtual trade demand. He could've kept it quiet and made people wonder but he left no room for wonder. He is going to look for greener pastures, so why not give that to him now and get something back?
Better than what Lebron did lol. If Lebron never did that "decision" stuff i could really see Howard doing it this year. He's a jokester lol. But EVERYBODY learned from Lebron's mistake. Good thing he gave them the heads up

Crown&Coke
06-13-2011, 06:32 PM
It's not only Dwight+KD. You're also going to likely have Ibaka or Harden, Collison, and 15-18 million in cap space after the trade which could result in another max player. Unless Dwight Howard is dead set on living giving up winning for living in a major market, he would be a fool to not go to OKC.

Well we don't know how willing OKC is to spend after all those guys you mentioned need to get paid. Ibaka is getting pennies, that won't last after his rookie deal. Harden is getting solid money due to being #3 overall but still, he's lined himself up to get at least Charlie V type money (5 yrs over 40 mil) then you got Westbrook gonna get close to the max, KD got the max, Collison just got an extension.

I highly doubt they go were the Lakers and Dallas went, over 100 million for the team (if the new CBA even allows for that)

Mr. I'm So Rad
06-13-2011, 07:44 PM
LeBron for Dwight let's get it done :cheers:

dee-rose
06-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Noah, Boozer, Asik for Dwight and Hedo/Arenas.
Magic fans? accept?

Draz
06-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Um I don't remember Carmelo stating he wanted out of Denver. He hinted he wanted out.

hawkfan
06-13-2011, 09:42 PM
hawkfan Trade Scenario:

Magic get

Kevin Love
Enes Kanter (no. 2 overall pick in draft)

Wolves get

Dwight Howard

DStebb716
06-13-2011, 09:56 PM
hawkfan Trade Scenario:

Magic get

Kevin Love
Enes Kanter (no. 2 overall pick in draft)

Wolves get

Dwight Howard

http://i.imgur.com/YyrsC.gif

JGXEN
06-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Get him AINGE!!

DStebb716
06-13-2011, 10:05 PM
There will DEFINITELY be no Dwight Howard on the following teams:
Charlotte, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Golden State, Indiana, LA Clipps, Memphis, Milwaukee, Minnesota, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, Sacremento, San Antonio, Toronto, Utah.

That leaves twelve teams.

There will MOST LIKELY be no Dwight Howard on the following remaining teams:
Dallas, Houston, Miami, Washington.

There is a LONG SHOT that Dwight will end up in:
Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, New Jersey.

There is a decent chance that Dwight will stay in Orlando.

There is a decent chance that Dwight will end up with the following teams if they are willing to deal a star:
New York, Oklahoma City, Los Angeles.

28renyoy
06-13-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm going to be breaking down the Dwight Howard to XXXX teams chances over the next few days. Here is my first installment of teams he could land in.

Everything is listed as it will be in the summer of 2012. The players ages that year, the year in parenthesis is the year their contract runs out, T.O.=team option, P.O.=player option. If a player from this past season isn't listed on Roster outlook 2012-13 or free agents(the free agent portion is free agents in 2012) then that means they're a free agent this season.

Atlanta Hawks 44-38, 3rd Southeast Division, ECSF lost to Chicago 4-2
2012-13 Salary: $58,488,895
Free Agents: Kirk Hinrich
Market size: 5,251,899
Tradable assets: Al Horford, Josh Smith, Zaza Pachulia, Jeff Teague
Roster outlook 2012-13
PG: Jeff Teague, 24(2013 T.O.)
SG: Joe Johnson, 30(2016)
SF: Marvin Williams, 25(2014 P.O)
PF: Josh Smith, 26(2013)
C: Al Horford, 26(2016)/Zaza Pachulia, 28(2013)

Break down: Signing him is out of the question. They have 45 million tied up between Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, and Al Horford not to mention Jamal Crawford is a free agent this offseason. I think the Dwight Howard to Hawks talks is mostly centered on him having grown up in Southwest Atlanta. Noone wants to touch Joe Johnson’s contract, and I feel as though Marvin Williams’ value is not equal to his current contract. That only leaves Josh Smith, who will likely demand near max money when he is due for a new contract in 2013, Horford, and Pachulia.

Verdict: Unless Atlanta is willing to pony up a Horford+Smith+Pachulia for Dwight while taking on one of the dreaded Arenas/Turkoglu contracts, I don’t see it happening.

Boston Celtics 56-26, 1st Atlantic Division, ECSF lost to Miami 4-1
2012-13 Salary: $27,790,345
Free Agents: Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Jermaine O’Neal
Market size: 4,649,838
Tradable assets: Avery Bradley, Paul Pierce
Roster Outlook 2012-13
PG: Rajon Rondo, 26(2015)
SG: Avery Bradley, 21(2014 T.O.)
SF: Paul Pierce, 34(2014)
PF:
C:

Break down: Realistically, the Celtics would have no way of acquiring Dwight Howard via trade. They have no assets on the books aside from expirings and Rajon Rondo. Whether they can sign him outright will depend on whether or not Danny Ainge decides to re-sign Garnett & Allen who will likely demand upwards of 20 million between the two of them. Jeff Green is also a restricted free agent in 2011 who will demand between 8-10 mm per year. If the Celtics can move Paul Pierce, which would be difficult considering he would be 34 in the final 2 years of his deal worth ~16 million per season, then Boston becomes a very desirable location.

Verdict: There definitely is potential here if they can pull it off as Boston could form their 2nd big three within 5 years centered around Howard, Rondo, and a 3rd max player. But it would require Orlando letting him walk, which is doubtful.

Chicago Bulls 62-20, 1st Atlantic Division, ECF lost to Miami 4-1
2012-13 Salary: $48,746,700
Free Agents: Derrick Rose(restricted), Keith Bogans, John Lucas, Jannero Pargo, Omer Asik (restricted),
Market Size: 9,502,094
Tradable Assets: Carlos Boozer, Luol Deng, Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, Omer Asik
Roster Outlook 2012-13
PG: C.J. Watson, 28(2013 T.O.)
SG: Kyle Korver, 31(2013)/Ronnie Brewer, 27(2013)
SF: Luol Deng, 27(2014)
PF: Carlos Boozer, 30(2015)/Taj Gibson, 26(2013 T.O.)
C: Joakim Noah, 27(2016)

Break down: Obviously they’re going to re-sign Rose in 2012 to a max contract which will put them well over the soft cap, assuming it doesn’t go up with the new CBA. This makes signing Howard impossible, so now we have to look at the trade possibilities. I doubt Orlando is interested in Boozer, but Gibson’s potential is a top 15 PF in the league along with Noah who is already, arguably, a top 5 center. A package centered around these 2 make Chicago a strong possibility. They would be an instant favorite with a Howard/Rose combination, and Orlando would be getting a young frontcourt back in return. The only real negative here is how open Howard would be to the harsh winters Chicago harbors as he has grown up in the Southeast United States.

Verdict: Chicago would be happy. Orlando might not be happy, but they would be getting compensation to help them build for the future. If something like Deng+Noah+Gibson for Howard+Turkoglu could be agreed upon, I see Chicago as a frontrunner for Dwight.

kaiiu
06-13-2011, 10:26 PM
Dwight to OKC. Make it fvcking happen. This would stop a Heat dynasty for sho

bdreason
06-13-2011, 10:42 PM
I hope he ends up on the Nets, but I don't think DeVos is gonna trade him.

M.V.W.
06-13-2011, 11:18 PM
The Nets are very likely, especially if D-Will stays. However, he reportedly doesn't like the cold, then that leaves out them, Bulls, Celtics and Knicks. Lakers is another likely choice. Although they're over the cap, I can see them doing some magic to free up space if Howard shows a strong interest. In addition, he is interested in acting and has said on more than one occasion that he'd want to play with Kobe. Not to mention, there's a rumor of him having fiancee who's an aspiring singer living in L.A.

28renyoy
06-13-2011, 11:25 PM
The Nets are very likely, especially if D-Will stays. However, he reportedly doesn't like the cold, then that leaves out them, Bulls, Celtics and Knicks. Lakers is another likely choice. Although they're over the cap, I can see them doing some magic to free up space if Howard shows a strong interest. In addition, he is interested in acting and has said on more than one occasion that he'd want to play with Kobe. Not to mention, there's a rumor of him having fiancee who's an aspiring singer living in L.A.

Doing some magic to free up cap space...they have 63 million between Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum alone :roll:

hawkfan
06-13-2011, 11:31 PM
If the Hawks are willing to trade Al Horford and another piece, then the Hawks have a real chance of getting Howard.

Chicago can offer Boozer, Noah and/or Gibson in some package, along with filler to make the salaries work.

New Jersey can offer Lopez and picks, and filler.

I wouldn't mind Joe Johnson and Al Horford for Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkoglu and a filler contract.

MeLO MvP 15
06-13-2011, 11:41 PM
He's pretty much just said what everybody has assumed before. I like it though, unlike Melo, LeBron and Bosh he's not gonna mess with the team by making it seem like he would possibly sign an extension. This gets that whole mess out of the way.

But it also pretty much makes it like a 95% chance that he's leaving. I say that because I say there's about a 5% chance that Orlando can make a good trade to improve or win a championship.

Hoping he goes to NY, but not expecting it.

DStebb716
06-13-2011, 11:42 PM
If the Hawks are willing to trade Al Horford and another piece, then the Hawks have a real chance of getting Howard.

Chicago can offer Boozer, Noah and/or Gibson in some package, along with filler to make the salaries work.

New Jersey can offer Lopez and picks, and filler.

I wouldn't mind Joe Johnson and Al Horford for Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkoglu and a filler contract.

It'd more likely have to be Horford and Smith. They probably don't want Johnson's pathetic contract.

DStebb716
06-13-2011, 11:43 PM
He's pretty much just said what everybody has assumed before. I like it though, unlike Melo, LeBron and Bosh he's not gonna mess with the team by making it seem like he would possibly sign an extension. This gets that whole mess out of the way.

But it also pretty much makes it like a 95% chance that he's leaving. I say that because I say there's about a 5% chance that Orlando can make a good trade to improve or win a championship.

Hoping he goes to NY, but not expecting it.

Wrong. LeBron, Bosh and Wade all said they weren't signing extensions and would test FA. None of them ever considered extensions within the last year of their contracts.

gilalizard
06-14-2011, 12:39 AM
LA

All Net
06-14-2011, 02:28 AM
It's clear to me he is eying up the Lakers here.

Would be surprised if he isn't a Laker next summer. We have the right assets to trade with Orlando. Bynum and Odom? I doubt they can a better offer than that to be honest.

Rowe
06-14-2011, 02:47 AM

Would be surprised if he isn't a Laker next summer. We have the right assets to trade with Orlando. Bynum and Odom? I doubt they can a better offer than that to be honest.

Disagree.

Orlando needs multiple building blocks going forward to replace Dwight.

I think the Lakers will have to part with Gasol & Odom seperately for trade assets in terms of young talent to keep and others to package with Bynum in a Dwight Howard deal. They should go with a youth movement around a veteran Kobe & Dwight tandem to make an impact.

SpecialQue
06-14-2011, 02:48 AM

This makes the most sense to me. Is there any team that can match this offer, short of the Knicks trading Amare or the Heat trading Lebron?

I know that a lot of people here are pulling for an OKC trade, but this is idiotic to me. They already have a roster that's good enough to win a championship, just lacking in experience. Why the hell would you want to mess with it? If I were an OKC fan, there's no way I'd want to get rid of any of those guys, especially since they seem to get along together.

SpecialQue
06-14-2011, 02:51 AM
Get him AINGE!!

Just curious, but has Dwight expressed any interest in Boston?

All Net
06-14-2011, 03:02 AM
Disagree.

Orlando needs multiple building blocks going forward to replace Dwight.

I think the Lakers will have to part with Gasol & Odom seperately for trade assets in terms of young talent to keep and others to package with Bynum in a Dwight Howard deal. They should go with a youth movement around a veteran Kobe & Dwight tandem to make an impact.

Look Orlando won't have much room to get alot here. They either get something back or lose him for nothing. They would have to settle more than they will get alot of value back.

Scoooter
06-14-2011, 03:25 AM
Eric Gordon and DeAndre Jordan for Dwight. :eek:

I'd trade Melo for him.

Rowe
06-14-2011, 03:27 AM
Look Orlando won't have much room to get alot here. They either get something back or lose him for nothing. They would have to settle more than they will get alot of value back.

They arent going to lose him for nothing.

Do you think the Lakers can sign him in Free Agency? Let me guess, you think that Dwight says he wants to go to LA and you force Orlando to do a S&T to make it happen?:applause: Not happening.

The ball is in Orlando's court. Its obvious Dwight wants to go to LA, but they hold they key to making it happen. Same for Chicago.

Rowe
06-14-2011, 03:32 AM
Eric Gordon and DeAndre Jordan for Dwight. :eek:
The Clippers have to overpay DeAndre first only for him to make minimal improvements, get banged up and watch his trade value slip.

Clippers standard protocol.

I'd trade Melo for him.

:pimp:

All Net
06-14-2011, 03:33 AM
They arent going to lose him for nothing.

Do you think the Lakers can sign him in Free Agency? Let me guess, you think that Dwight says he wants to go to LA and you force Orlando to do a S&T to make it happen?:applause: Not happening.

The ball is in Orlando's court. Its obvious Dwight wants to go to LA, but they hold they key to making it happen. Same for Chicago.

It's the same thing with all sign and trades for top players. If Dwight wants out, orlando will settle for what they can get. I don't see them getting great offers where teams will give up their top stars for him when they know they can force Orlando's hand.

Teams will also not want to give up much if they think Dwight won't sign an extension.

Rowe
06-14-2011, 03:46 AM
It's the same thing with all sign and trades for top players. If Dwight wants out, orlando will settle for what they can get. I don't see them getting great offers where teams will give up their top stars for him when they know they can force Orlando's hand.

No, in this case it is different from last year.

The thing about 2012 is that there are few somewhat competitive teams in position to be factors in Free Agency anyways. Teams spent several years preparing for 2010 and made drastic moves to create cap space. Dwight cant just force his way to LA unless LA gives Orlando what they want in a S&T. If not, then its a no go.

At the same time LA knows if they cant get a Dwight deal done, his only option will be to join a different team. Both teams lose then.

So really there has to be some cooperation by both teams to come away with what they want.

All Net
06-14-2011, 04:01 AM
No, in this case it is different from last year.

The thing about 2012 is that there are few somewhat competitive teams in position to be factors in Free Agency anyways. Teams spent several years preparing for 2010 and made drastic moves to create cap space. Dwight cant just force his way to LA unless LA gives Orlando what they want in a S&T. If not, then its a no go.

At the same time LA knows if they cant get a Dwight deal done, his only option will be to join a different team. Both teams lose then.

So really there has to be some cooperation by both teams to come away with what they want.

I have no doubt come trade deadline Orlando will be looking around. It seems to me that if Orlando aren't a top contender Dwight will want to leave.

Obviously we don't know what he is thinking but if his wife to be is pushing for him to go to L.A....it's hard to see him not going to the Lakers if the two work out a deal.

Bynum and Odom would be a good offer. a Dwight/Gasol frontcourt along with Kobe even at his older age would be tough to stop.

L.A is such a great attraction for players it's tough to see this franchise down for long.

Ne 1
06-14-2011, 04:03 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3494/3218676788_7e426a8876.jpg

Let's make it happen Kupchak!

Rowe
06-14-2011, 04:04 AM
Just the way I see it shaking out. Call me crazy

They knock the deal out this summer.

Lakers:
Dwight Howard
Hedo Turkoglu
Brandon Bass
Jonny Flynn

T'Wolves:
Lamar Odom

Pacers:
Pau Gasol

Magic:
Andrew Bynum
Luke Walton
Michael Beasley
Paul George
Tyler Hansbrough
Lance Stephenson

Maybe some picks involved as well.

But I tested it during the season and it works once Indiana clears their cap space.

YAWN
06-14-2011, 04:08 AM
If he is coming to LA i hope its during the off season and not at the deadline. Already have a new coach, won't have enough time to get acclimated to a shake up of this magnitude mid season.

Id rather just stick with kobe/gasol/odom/bynum though..

Rowe
06-14-2011, 04:12 AM
I have no doubt come trade deadline Orlando will be looking around. It seems to me that if Orlando aren't a top contender Dwight will want to leave.

Obviously we don't know what he is thinking but if his wife to be is pushing for him to go to L.A....it's hard to see him not going to the Lakers if the two work out a deal.

Bynum and Odom would be a good offer. a Dwight/Gasol frontcourt along with Kobe even at his older age would be tough to stop.

L.A is such a great attraction for players it's tough to see this franchise down for long.

Honestly if Orlando is smart I think they do it before it has to get to that point.

LA has the best package but they can get more in the end from them in terms of assets for the future. I dont think Orlando wants to be known as the team who basically swapped prime Dwight for Bynum, only for Bynum to get hurt and have nothing else to show for moving Dwight.

They saw what happened to Cleveland & Toronto. They have to have some sort of plan for the future worked out in a deal.

All Net
06-14-2011, 04:16 AM
Honestly if Orlando is smart I think they do it before it has to get to that point.

LA has the best package but they can get more in the end from them in terms of assets for the future. I dont think Orlando wants to be known as the team who basically swapped prime Dwight for Bynum, only for Bynum to get hurt and have nothing else to show for moving Dwight.

They saw what happened to Cleveland & Toronto. They have to have some sort of plan for the future worked out in a deal.

Depends now Bynum plays, if he looks great early on it will be more tempting. If Bynum stays healthly he will be the best possible replacement for Dwight.

OmniStrife
06-14-2011, 04:17 AM
Gortat + Brooks + Pietrus + Picks

for Howard?

DRose1899
06-14-2011, 04:35 AM

for Howard?
This post is so idiotic in many ways. :facepalm

OmniStrife
06-14-2011, 04:55 AM

for Howard?
I know bro. it's called a joke... :confusedshrug:

LosBulls
06-14-2011, 05:31 AM
Dwight will got to Houston. Book it.

LurkingFanboy
06-14-2011, 08:03 AM
Dwight will got to Houston. Book it.
And will then proceed to blow out both knees walking down the street.

HylianNightmare
06-14-2011, 09:56 AM
as long as somene takes either hedo or arenas i'm square

niko
06-14-2011, 10:02 AM
as long as somene takes either hedo or arenas i'm square
Net fans think that
1) You'll take Lopez and Hump and give them new contracts to balance Howard.
2) They won't take Arenas, maybe if you take Outlaw.
3) THey'll give you there and Lakers high picks.

That's the scuttlebutt in NY today. So sorry, you aren't getting shit.:D

Now that Nets are in Brooklyn they have NY ego boost. WE AIN'T GIVING YOU SHIT - SEND US HOWARD.

alenleomessi
06-14-2011, 10:34 AM
i wouldnt mind giving up gordon and jordan for dwight
which is the best offer the magic can get for him

1~Gibson~1
06-14-2011, 11:20 AM
LeBron James for Dwight Howard. Do it Pat!

rufuspaul
06-14-2011, 11:37 AM
:roll:

Derka
06-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Get him AINGE!!

We'd essentially be either dealing a big expirer or waiting for pitching to him in free agency a la Lebron in 2010, but we all know it won't get that far and Orlando will pull the trigger on the best possible deal they can get. Aside from big expirers, we don't have jack to trade and we can't take on Turodudu or Arenas.

I'd love to see him and Rondo together since filling the other spots after Pierce retires would be gravy. I think Jeff Green stays and develops wonderfully under Doc's tutelage. I think that's a good foundation to rebuild on, but its just so unlikely.

And besides, why would the Magic trade to a conference rival? They'll probably try to send him out West, not send him to a team they then have to try and beat in the playoffs.

Rowe
06-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Depends now Bynum plays, if he looks great early on it will be more tempting. If Bynum stays healthly he will be the best possible replacement for Dwight.

I agree. But Orlando would want other pieces outside of Bynum.

You would want to put multiple guys out there with Bynum and hope you have your new core going forward. Either way they're not ending up with 0 like Toronto & Cleveland.

Lakers would need a 3rd or 4th team involved to acquire some assets to send to Orlando while also getting back some players who can help them immediately.

Rowe
06-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Net fans think that
1) You'll take Lopez and Hump and give them new contracts to balance Howard.
2) They won't take Arenas, maybe if you take Outlaw.
3) THey'll give you there and Lakers high picks.

That's the scuttlebutt in NY today. So sorry, you aren't getting shit.:D

Now that Nets are in Brooklyn they have NY ego boost. WE AIN'T GIVING YOU SHIT - SEND US HOWARD.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :applause: :applause:

Magic38
06-14-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm fine with letting him walk. Would rather that than us gift him to anyone else. Orlando definitely isn't dealing him to LA, so dream on Laker fans.

The only trade I'd be content with would be Westbrook/Harden/Ibaka and picks.

I think if we don't trade him he'll stay. Really thinking he hopes the FO panics and trades him to save himself from being the bad guy. Dwight couldn't handle the insane negativity that LeBron is getting, he knows it.

Magic38
06-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Noah, Boozer, Asik for Dwight and Hedo/Arenas.
Magic fans? accept?
We wouldn't want Boozer's contract and there's no way we trade with CHI without getting Gibson.

Rowe
06-14-2011, 01:41 PM
I'm fine with letting him walk. Would rather that than us gift him to anyone else. Orlando definitely isn't dealing him to LA, so dream on Laker fans.

I think if we don't trade him he'll stay. Really thinking he hopes the FO panics and trades him to save himself from being the bad guy. Dwight couldn't handle the insane negativity that LeBron is getting, he knows it.

Dwight will get 0 negative reaction if he leaves. We all think he needs a better chance to win and after the Playoffs this year, Orlando has no chance to win without massive changes. Sorry to inform you of that.

Dwight is by far the most popular player in the NBA and a move to a team capable of winning a championship would be celebrated. With all the Lakers fans, Bulls fans, Knicks fans, Celtics fans, etc out there he wont be getting hate at all. So a few Bulls fans will claim "he just wants to be Shaq", who cares? Shaq is a great player to try to be like.

Maybe he'll get hate from Orlando fans, but we all know how that hurt the career of Shaq.:oldlol:

Mr. Jabbar
06-14-2011, 01:56 PM
If Goofy is not staying in DisneyWorld, he is staying in DisneyLand. If you know what I mean...

bteambomber
06-14-2011, 02:11 PM

hahahahaha...easy decision Dwight. Come put Miami in their place next season with Derrek Rose. Pure domination.

Magic38
06-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Dwight will get 0 negative reaction if he leaves. We all think he needs a better chance to win and after the Playoffs this year, Orlando has no chance to win without massive changes. Sorry to inform you of that.

Dwight is by far the most popular player in the NBA and a move to a team capable of winning a championship would be celebrated. With all the Lakers fans, Bulls fans, Knicks fans, Celtics fans, etc out there he wont be getting hate at all. So a few Bulls fans will claim "he just wants to be Shaq", who cares? Shaq is a great player to try to be like.

Maybe he'll get hate from Orlando fans, but we all know how that hurt the career of Shaq.:oldlol:
You didn't inform me of that, after the first round exit trust me, I was quite aware.

All I'm saying is I would be more than fine if we didn't trade him, the risk is worth the reward.

stephanieg
06-14-2011, 02:34 PM
After Dwight leaves Orlando will never try to draft a good big man again. They'll develop a complex.

Gallant
06-14-2011, 03:06 PM
How are the Lakers going to trade Bynum when Jim Buss has this unexplainable man crush on him and says he is untouchable?

Plus after what happened with Shaq it would be comical for Orlando to feed the Lakers another All-Star Center.

SpecialQue
06-14-2011, 03:20 PM
How funny would it be if the Magic gutted OKC to trade Howard, and then he just left when he became a free agent because he didn't want to be there?

Also, Howard and Rose would be a fvcking scary combination. If he doesn't go to the Lakers, I'd love to see him on the Bulls.

Magic Vinsanity
06-14-2011, 03:30 PM
hahahahaha...easy decision Dwight. Come put Miami in their place next season with Derrek Rose. Pure domination.

Dallas already did that, and Dirk did it with something called loyalty. Lets see if Howard has any. People acting like Orlando is a scrub team because they flamed out in the first round. Dallas flamed out in the first round several times since making the Finals in 06 and now they are the champs.

Get a clue asswipes.

Dengness9
06-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Beyond OKC selling the farm(Westbrook/ibaka/Perkins/harden), I think the best deal Orlando can get is from Chicago.

Noah(Florida appeal), Deng, Gibson,Asik, 3 Bulls first round picks, or Even the charlotte pick that is unprotected in like 2014(I don't expect the bobcats to be good by then either).

Deng and Noah are needed salary wise if the Bulls get Dwight and say Hedo. Deng and Jo both are top defenders in the league at their positions, are still relatively young, and bring alot to a team. Orlando can take 1 of 2 out of Gibson and Asik, both are future starting PF and C's in the league IMO. Then as many picks as needed.

FTR, an LA package of Bynum and Odom sucks balls and will never get Howard in a trade. Odom is old and Bynum has 40 year old knees.

Magic38
06-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Beyond OKC selling the farm(Westbrook/ibaka/Perkins/harden), I think the best deal Orlando can get is from Chicago.

Noah(Florida appeal), Deng, Gibson,Asik, 3 Bulls first round picks, or Even the charlotte pick that is unprotected in like 2014(I don't expect the bobcats to be good by then either).

Deng and Noah are needed salary wise if the Bulls get Dwight and say Hedo. Deng and Jo both are top defenders in the league at their positions, are still relatively young, and bring alot to a team. Orlando can take 1 of 2 out of Gibson and Asik, both are future starting PF and C's in the league IMO. Then as many picks as needed.

FTR, an LA package of Bynum and Odom sucks balls and will never get Howard in a trade. Odom is old and Bynum has 40 year old knees.I like the OKC trade more, but yours is realistic aswell. Most people think that they will trade Orlando all their scrubs.

sodapop
06-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Lakers fans, PLEASE STOP!!! Who in the hell would want Odom, Bynum or Artest on their team? Bynum is a health, mental risk, Odom is a huge mental risk, hard to coach and Artest is a psycho. Besides, if Dwight Howard is traded during the season, he will not have a say so. I believe Dwight will end up in Boston or New Orleans. Maybe Dallas? Keep in mind, Dwight loves coaches and always searching for knowledge about the game. The Lakers don't have Phil Jackson anymore. Worry about getting a coach before talking about trading for Dwight.

Droid101
06-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Lakers fans, PLEASE STOP!!! Who in the hell would want Odom, Bynum or Artest on their team? Bynum is a health, mental risk, Odom is a huge mental risk, hard to coach and Artest is a psycho. Besides, if Dwight Howard is traded during the season, he will not have a say so. I believe Dwight will end up in Boston or New Orleans. Maybe Dallas? Keep in mind, Dwight loves coaches and always searching for knowledge about the game. The Lakers don't have Phil Jackson anymore. Worry about getting a coach before talking about trading for Dwight.
Mad that the Lakers keep heisting the league even after all your excuses?

swi7ch
06-14-2011, 05:05 PM
gotta sign with the heat! :bowdown:

lebron for howard

sodapop
06-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Mad that the Lakers keep heisting the league even after all your excuses?

The Lakers keep heisting the league? :lol My excuses? :lol

swi7ch
06-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Ups to Howard for at least giving them the heads-up. I really hope the Magic find some way to talk him into staying on after next season though. Any teams want Gilbert Arenas or Turkoglu?

those three for lebron

sodapop
06-14-2011, 05:07 PM
gotta sign with the heat! :bowdown:

lebron for howard

LeBron for Dwight is possible. However, Dwight might either stay in Orlando or traded during the season. Might be too late.

Nastradamus
06-14-2011, 08:39 PM

why would you think you'd get equal value?

jrong
06-14-2011, 08:45 PM
LeBron for Dwight is possible. However, Dwight might either stay in Orlando or traded during the season. Might be too late.

Otis Smith should be begging Pat Riley for this deal. They may not want to help the Heat build a champion, but Miami is the ONLY team that would potentially give the Magic equal value.

And the supporting cast in Orlando isnt much worse than what James played with in Cleveland. Add a few more pieces, and the Magic are legitimate contenders, far from what they are now.

Nastradamus
06-14-2011, 08:48 PM
We wouldn't want Boozer's contract and there's no way we trade with CHI without getting Gibson.

Something like Noah,Gibson,Deng,1st for Howard,Turkgolu would be pretty straight. You turn a crap SF into a near AS caliber SF in his prime. You get a replacemenent starting C and a young, starting caliber PF. Noah's a lot safer than Bynum, Gibson is much younger than Odom(and they'd be rebuilding at that point) and LA can't match Deng.

DMAVS41
06-14-2011, 08:55 PM
The Magic will not trade Howard in conference unless its to a crappy team. Which probably won't happen because no crappy team will gut their future to get a player that isn't going to sign anyway.

Howard will either get traded to the Lakers or Thunder.

BlackJoker23
06-14-2011, 08:59 PM
Otis Smith should be begging Pat Riley for this deal. They may not want to help the Heat build a champion, but Miami is the ONLY team that would potentially give the Magic equal value.

And the supporting cast in Orlando isnt much worse than what James played with in Cleveland. Add a few more pieces, and the Magic are legitimate contenders, far from what they are now.
the magic arent trading dwight to their division rivals no matter how much sense it makes. that move also pretty much guarantees a title for the heat since wade/bosh/dwight is a far better fit than the current trio.

jrong
06-14-2011, 09:07 PM
the magic arent trading dwight to their division rivals no matter how much sense it makes. that move also pretty much guarantees a title for the heat since wade/bosh/dwight is a far better fit than the current trio.

I understand the division-rival logic, but would they rather be irrelevant and unprofitable? Having James automatically makes you relevant, and he's also the one of biggest money-makers in sports.

All Net
06-14-2011, 09:38 PM
The Magic will not trade Howard in conference unless its to a crappy team. Which probably won't happen because no crappy team will gut their future to get a player that isn't going to sign anyway.

Howard will either get traded to the Lakers or Thunder.

Thunder are too small market for Dwight me thinks.

Would be over for the league if it happens though. Durant/Dwight :eek:

bekalc
06-14-2011, 10:16 PM

If you let him walk you get nothing. If you trade him (and he gives the other team insurance he'll stay etc). You could get some nice pieces to rebuild.

I think Dwight is handling this as well as he can. Can't blame him for wanting to look at other options with the Heat Juggernaut coming. But he's giving the Magic the time to (convince him they will build/get better pieces) or a chance to get something out of him. He's also not getting the fans hopes up.

I found the idea that Lebron "owed Cleveland" to be ridiculous to say the least. But Lebron could have left Cleveland in a much classier way.

28renyoy
06-14-2011, 10:22 PM
Thunder are too small market for Dwight me thinks.

Would be over for the league if it happens though. Durant/Dwight :eek:

Howard really has no say, the ball is in Orlando's court because there are no legit options, that could sign him in FA to a max contract, in major markets that would immediately be championship contenders with Dwight.

If he gets traded to the Thunder, the only places he could leave for are the Clippers or Nets..and ya

magic chiongson
06-14-2011, 10:36 PM
howard for bynum + odom

or

howard + turkoglu for bynum + gasol

lets do this mitch

TheCorporation
06-15-2011, 03:34 AM

:lol :lol :lol

What the **** do you think? LOL

Eat Like A Bosh
06-15-2011, 10:03 AM
I always knew that he was going to leave.

Rockets(T-mac)
06-15-2011, 01:15 PM
Any got a link for this from ESPN or NBA.com? Can't seem to find one.

Scoooter
06-15-2011, 01:33 PM
I'd take Turkoglu. We need a point guard.

(e)
06-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Make it happen Chicago.

I definitely see him going to LA or the Nets though.

DStebb716
06-15-2011, 08:55 PM
I'd take Turkoglu. We need a point guard.

What? He is a SF.

Scoooter
06-16-2011, 01:49 AM
What? He is a SF.
He could play PG. I'd move him there, at least for stretches.

catch24
06-16-2011, 03:55 AM
Dwight is saying all the right things, but lets be honest... we all know he wants to play for a legit contender - and that's not in Orlando.

DMAVS41
06-16-2011, 04:08 AM
Dwight is saying all the right things, but lets be honest... we all know he wants to play for a legit contender - and that's not in Orlando.

He's gone. No doubt about it. And he should leave. The magic dropped the ball big time building around him Very similar to the Cavs.

coin24
06-16-2011, 04:33 AM
They really screwed up on this one. Panic trades one after the other ever since they made the finals..:facepalm

Now they are left with a pile of shitty contracts and soon no dwight:oldlol:

It will probably play out similar to what happened with Carmello IMO.. They have to trade him because he is definitely going...

mmsupra
06-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Dwight and I are packing our bags ...

Unstoppabull
06-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Of course. Orlando will be turning out to Cleveland 2.0

Dengness9
06-16-2011, 11:53 AM
http://http://www.youtube.com/results?suggested_categories=17&search_query=dwight+howard+to+chicago%2C+hd

PJR
06-16-2011, 12:04 PM
When a star player refuses a max salary extension before an uncertain labor situation? You know you MUST trade him. Dwight needs to cut the PC bullshit. He's got no desire to stay in Orlando past his opt out year.

DStebb716
06-16-2011, 12:37 PM
He could play PG. I'd move him there, at least for stretches.

No. No he couldn't. You're a ****ing idiot.

step_back
06-16-2011, 03:12 PM
What do magic fans think of this trade?

Dwight + Arenas for Noah + Boozer + Deng?

DStebb716
06-16-2011, 06:18 PM
What do magic fans think of this trade?

Dwight + Arenas for Noah + Boozer + Deng?

Zero chance they do that. They get rid of the bad contract of Arenas but get two bad contracts in Boozer and Deng back. They most likely won't want Boozer's old self. They'll want Gibson instead, but I'm sure they'd love to have Noah.
I don't think Chicago has the fire power to pull it off.

step_back
06-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Zero chance they do that. They get rid of the bad contract of Arenas but get two bad contracts in Boozer and Deng back. They most likely won't want Boozer's old self. They'll want Gibson instead, but I'm sure they'd love to have Noah.
I don't think Chicago has the fire power to pull it off.

How is Luol a bad contract? A good off the ball mover with good perimeter defence. Never had any off the court problems either.

17.4ppg 5.8rpg 2.8apg 1spg on 46%

All that on $11.8 million a year and only just turned 26.

Boozer is a bad contract but the Bulls would take on Arenas who has the worst in the NBA. Noah and Deng are two young pieces to build around.

Nelson
Richardson
Deng
Boozer
Noah

That's a good line up IMO.

DStebb716
06-16-2011, 11:05 PM
How is Luol a bad contract? A good off the ball mover with good perimeter defence. Never had any off the court problems either.

17.4ppg 5.8rpg 2.8apg 1spg on 46%

All that on $11.8 million a year and only just turned 26.

Boozer is a bad contract but the Bulls would take on Arenas who has the worst in the NBA. Noah and Deng are two young pieces to build around.

Nelson
Richardson
Deng
Boozer
Noah

That's a good line up IMO.

If the Magic are going to trade Howard, they will likely have at least a few suitors that will take on a bad contract of their's without the Magic having to bring any bad contracts back while getting a solid player back. They'll go with that over getting some good but not great players back and a bad contract in Boozer.

They aren't just going to take on a group of okay players that won't put them in the playoffs, they're going to try and get a great player back. If they can't do that, they'll use Howard to clean the slate of the bad contracts they have so they can become young.

And Richardson is gone, so take him out of that lineup.

DRose1899
06-17-2011, 12:24 AM
This is the only offer that Orlando will accept from Bulls (and one of the best offer they can get) Deng + Noah + Taj + 1st round for Dwight and either one of Hedo or Arenas.

Scoooter
06-17-2011, 02:58 AM
No. No he couldn't. You're a ****ing idiot.
Turkish brotha can handle tha rock. You :mad:

Jameerthefear
06-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Dwight and I are packing our bags ...
What a true Magic fan you are.

mmsupra
06-17-2011, 11:57 AM
What a true Magic fan you are.

If anyone is a true Magic fan it's me buddy