PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Poll: Best player in the world right now, KOBE leads 33%

20Four
06-14-2011, 11:04 PM
Results so far over 41.000 votes:
Kobe 33%
Nowitzki 28%
Lebron 17%
Rose 15%
Other 7%

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=nba&pollId=115056

kaiiu
06-14-2011, 11:05 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :applause: :applause:

Lebron a distant 3rd :lol

DMAVS41
Almost as funny as first team all nba and defense

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mr. Jabbar
Not surprising. Allthough in their current 2011 form I'd switch Dirk with Kobe.

catch24
06-14-2011, 11:06 PM
Surprised Wade didn't even crack top 4. Then again, its a poll by ESPN.

DMAVS41
06-14-2011, 11:07 PM
Surprised Wade didn't even crack top 4. Then again, its a poll by ESPN.

And no Howard.

LOL

Jimmy2k8
06-14-2011, 11:07 PM
What a joke.:oldlol:

:oldlol: @ Lebron being a third.

By the way, where is Dwight Howard? Wade?

Still laughing at the fact that Lebron is a distant third.

B-Easy8
06-14-2011, 11:08 PM
1. Dirk
2. Howard
3. Kobe
4. LeBron although his finals showing doesn't warrant him being this high.

Doranku
06-14-2011, 11:08 PM

9-27 :roll:

40% :roll:

catch24
06-14-2011, 11:09 PM

lol

DMAVS41
06-14-2011, 11:09 PM

With one of the worst supporting casts to ever win a title

The most clutch playoff run since MJ

You Mad?????

http://i.imgur.com/TTYny.png

AlphaWolf24
06-14-2011, 11:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/hardcorefan4life - Dis Man is MAD!:lol

Mr. Jabbar
06-14-2011, 11:11 PM

LOL gino is in FULL ALERT MODE, CODE RED, this ranking has him gathering stats from his stash for a full counter -attack, those 6 roll smileys were just a first overreaction, but don't get fooled he doesn't find it funny, at all :lol

Doranku
06-14-2011, 11:12 PM

You Mad?????

After all the 41%/6-24's I've seen from you, I had to at least do it once. :lol

Not mad at all, I've gained a lot of respect for Dirk these playoffs. Dude deserved a ring.

DMAVS41
06-14-2011, 11:14 PM
After all the 41%/6-24's I've seen from you, I had to at least do it once. :lol

Not mad at all, I've gained a lot of respect for Dirk these playoffs. Dude deserved a ring.

The difference is that I have yet to see one person claim dirk played anything but a poor game in game 6.

LOL

Mr. Jabbar
06-14-2011, 11:15 PM
The difference is that I have yet to see one person claim dirk played anything but a poor game in game 6.

LOL

Perhaps you could tell us who was 2010 Finals MVP if not Kobe?

Doctor Rivers
06-14-2011, 11:16 PM

LOL

OWNED

LOL

OWNED

DMAVS41
06-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Perhaps you could tell us who was 2010 Finals MVP if not Kobe?

Sure. Gasol. He was better.

:rockon:

Mr. Jabbar
06-14-2011, 11:18 PM

Not sure if serious.

Disaprine
06-14-2011, 11:19 PM
kobe and lebron, most over hyped players in todays game.

Doctor Rivers
06-14-2011, 11:19 PM

OWNED LOL OWNED

DMAVS41
06-14-2011, 11:23 PM
I love how Kobe fans expect nobody to laugh at the notion he's currently the best player in the game.

:wtf:

kaiiu
06-14-2011, 11:24 PM
I love how Kobe fans expect nobody to laugh at the notion he's currently the best player in the game.

Kobe better than Lebron doe

Kiarip
06-14-2011, 11:25 PM

you can't be serious?

The entire Lakers vs Celtics series from the Lakers side consisted of 20 seconds of Lakers trying to make a play. Being unable to make a play, throwing the ball to Kobe Bryant, and him taking a bail-out shot in the last 4 seconds.

Kobe was the best player on the Lakers in that finals no questions asked. Stats don't tell the full story when the team couldn't string 2 good offensive sets back to back. It was an ugly ass series in terms of box-score for everyone except for Ray Allen in game 2, and the 7th game was just an exaggerated summary of what happened. In the entire series... no1 making plays... Fools getting fouled left and right and no fouls being called. Rondo making a clutch 3? lolwtf?

If there was no box-score to look at, that ended up disgusting everyone who's seen it, game 7 of Lakers vs Celtics would have went down as one of the best Finals game 7's of all time, Kobe played like the best player on his team without a doubt.

DMAVS41
06-14-2011, 11:28 PM
you can't be serious?

The entire Lakers vs Celtics series from the Lakers side consisted of 20 seconds of Lakers trying to make a play. Being unable to make a play, throwing the ball to Kobe Bryant, and him taking a bail-out shot in the last 4 seconds.

Kobe was the best player on the Lakers in that finals no questions asked. Stats don't tell the full story when the team couldn't string 2 good offensive sets back to back. It was an ugly ass series in terms of box-score for everyone except for Ray Allen in game 2, and the 7th game was just an exaggerated summary of what happened. In the entire series... no1 making plays... Fools getting fouled left and right and no fouls being called. Rondo making a clutch 3? lolwtf?

If there was no box-score to look at, that ended up disgusting everyone who's seen it, game 7 of Lakers vs Celtics would have went down as one of the best Finals game 7's of all time, Kobe played like the best player on his team without a doubt.

To pretend its not debatable shows your bias. Sorry.

Mr. Jabbar
06-14-2011, 11:35 PM
you can't be serious?

Gasol was a complete liability for the 3 road games, got toyed around. Had good moments only in game 1 and 6. Game 7 struggled badly while shooting, helped with D and rebounds (then again kobe grabbed 15 boards being just a sg in that game :eek: ). Most of kobes pts were also in the 4th on that game 7.

Not to mention kobe scored 10 more ppg than Gasol on that series.

Memorable moment: Wade on the stands saying "Dayum" while kobe went ape shit in one of the games at boston.

David Stern on the FMVP award ceremony: "And the finals MVP goes to who other than Kobe Bryant", it wasn't really a contest.

Only agenda driven people can claim otherwise. Kobe being the MVP on that series is not up for discussion ppl, unless you want your agenda to be blatantly exposed that is.

tpols
06-14-2011, 11:35 PM
It's about as debateable as Terry versus Dirk..:oldlol:

Terry 11/16 for 27 points in the closeout game.

Dirk 9/27 for 21.

Terry actually averaged the same amount of points as Pau at 18ppg and Terry also outshot his number one option, Dirk by 8% just like Pau did kobe.

Strikingly similar.:roll: :roll:

Theoo's Daddy
06-14-2011, 11:37 PM
:roll: @ kobe being the best player.

imdaman99
06-14-2011, 11:37 PM
10 days ago lebron prob has 55% votes... and kobe has 20 with dirk 5%

funny how kobes stock rose as lebron disappeared :lol

wade gets no love... neither does dwight! sheesh

DMAVS41
06-14-2011, 11:38 PM
It's about as debateable as Terry versus Dirk..:oldlol:

Terry 11/16 for 27 points in the closeout game.

Dirk 9/27 for 21.

Terry actually averaged the same amount of points as Pau at 18ppg and Terry also outshot his number one option, Dirk by 8% just like Pau did kobe.

Strikingly similar.:roll: :roll:

And then factor in everything else and its not nearly as close.

But whatever, love seeing the stans in full on panic mode.

Kobe best player in the game right now? Now thats ****ing funny.

What you don't understand is that Dirk was super clutch in the series. Made a game winner and scored over 10 per game in the 4th. Kobe crumbled in the clutch throughout the finals last year.

That is the big difference. If Dirk had played like Kobe in crunch time and had the same numbers, I would totally agree.

But Dirk was as clutch as possible. Kobe wasn't. Thats the difference.

Mr. Jabbar
06-14-2011, 11:40 PM

What you don't understand is that Dirk was super clutch in the series. Made a game winner and scored over 10 per game in the 4th. Kobe crumbled in the clutch throughout the finals last year.

That is the big difference. If Dirk had played like Kobe in crunch time and had the same numbers, I would totally agree.

LOL. You are the one in full panic mode because kobe ranked number 1 in some meaningless ranking :roll:

I mean, claiming Gasol was the Finals MVP last year, if thats not panic, i dont know what it is...I'm pretty sure even you don't believe yourself when typing that bs.

tpols
06-14-2011, 11:42 PM
They both shot roughly the same percentage in the finals and kobe's scoring was done on a higher volume. Dirk clearly outplayed Kobe in the fourth quarters, but Kobe also clearly outplayed Dirk throughout the normal course of games. Dirk was carried up until the fourth quarter in the majority of his finals games.. Dude shot in the low 30 percentile for the large, beginning duration of every single game.

Theoo's Daddy
06-14-2011, 11:42 PM
10 days ago lebron prob has 55% votes... and kobe has 20 with dirk 5%

funny how kobes stock rose as lebron disappeared :lol

wade gets no love... neither does dwight! sheesh

All it takes is for the season to start, and the Xmas day game. Miami vs lakers, and order will be restored.. Kobe is the best player in the offseason. :roll:

DMAVS41
06-14-2011, 11:43 PM
LOL. You are the one in full panic mode because kobe ranked number 1 in some meaningless ranking :roll:

I mean, claiming Gasol was the Finals MVP last year, if thats not panick, i dont know what it is...I'm pretty sure you don't even believe yourself when typing that bs.

Why?

Kobe shot jacked the entire series, shot poorly from the field, was terrible in crunch time, and then had a terrible game 7.

Gasol was hardly perfect, but he went up against the Celtics front court and came away dominating the match up overall.

Its debatable....and I didn't bring it up. You did.

I merely laughed at something I saw posted that is funny. The notion of Kobe being the best player in the game this year is funny. Any non Kobe stan would agree.

DMAVS41
06-14-2011, 11:43 PM
They both shot roughly the same percentage in the finals and kobe's scoring was done on a higher volume. Dirk clearly outplayed Kobe in the fourth quarters, but Kobe also clearly outplayed Dirk throughout the normal course of games. Dirk was carried up until the fourth quarter in the majority of his finals games.. Dude shot in the low 30 percentile for the large, beginning duration of every single game.

Similar numbers.

I'll take the guy that stepped up late and made the big plays over the guy that crumbled late.

Thats just me though.

imdaman99
06-14-2011, 11:46 PM
50% of ppl from illinois picked d rose as the best :lol

admire their loyalty :oldlol:

Mr. Jabbar
06-14-2011, 11:48 PM
Why?

Kobe shot jacked the entire series, shot poorly from the field, was terrible in crunch time, and then had a terrible game 7.

Gasol was hardly perfect, but he went up against the Celtics front court and came away dominating the match up overall.

Its debatable....and I didn't bring it up. You did.

I merely laughed at something I saw posted that is funny. The notion of Kobe being the best player in the game this year is funny. Any non Kobe stan would agree.

Lol I agree kobe currently number 1 in the league is funny, to say the least.

Im debating the Gasol FMVP thing only. You can't seriously be making a case for that. Refering to the only possible stat that could save your case, fg%, in which gasol had just a 7% higher than kobe while hes scoring everything from inside the paint. Gasol didn't only shoot poorly, but was a free pasageway on D and COSTED the Lakers game 4 and 5.

I didn't even miss the comercials on that series, and trust me, Kobe FMVP is not debatable.

DMAVS41
06-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Lol I agree kobe currently number 1 in the league is funny, to say the least.

Im debating the Gasol FMVP thing only. You can't seriously be making a case for that. Refering to the only possible stat that could save your case, fg%, in which gasol had just a 7% higher than kobe while hes scoring everything from inside the paint. Gasol didn't only shoot poorly, but was a free pasageway on D and COSTED the Lakers game 4 and 5.

I didn't even miss the comercials on that series, and trust me, Kobe FMVP is not debatable.

I disagree.

It would be one thing if Kobe was clutch or something or took good shots. I don't mind the fg% at all. It was the reasons for it.

Kobe shot jacked and derailed the offense throughout the series. He also crumbled in crunch time. I think he shot like 26% for the series in the 4th qtrs.

Gasol was better in game 7 as well.

Just my opinion though. I don't really have a problem with Kobe winning. I have a problem with people saying its not debatable.

Mr. Jabbar
06-14-2011, 11:57 PM
I disagree.

It would be one thing if Kobe was clutch or something or took good shots. I don't mind the fg% at all. It was the reasons for it.

Kobe shot jacked and derailed the offense throughout the series. He also crumbled in crunch time. I think he shot like 26% for the series in the 4th qtrs.

Just my opinion though. I don't really have a problem with Kobe winning. I have a problem with people saying its not debatable.

I guess this is pointless, you would even make a case for Luke Walton deserving FMVP if it was neccesary. Just know you are on the minority here, as in only yourelf.

Kiarip
06-14-2011, 11:59 PM

It's not debatable when you look at the actual games man. I know it's easy to review the box-scores and "recall" what happened.

Ron Artest has a better case for FMVP than Gasol.

Artest stepped up defensively, played great on Pierce pretty much every single game, and in game 7, as well as some other game ( I forget I think it was 1 of the road ones,) he added a little extra too.

Gasol disappeared in away games. I mean I'm sure that the Lakers would have lost worse without Gasol than they would have without Artest, but Artest did his job defensively very consistently, Gasol had games where he was completely missing in action.

Kobe Bryant had some decent, and some pretty bad shooting games in the finals, but in that series it's part of his job to take bail-out shots. If the Lakers could have gotten a good offensive position every time down the court they would have swept the Celtics... It wasn't a team like the Mavs playing that are incredibly strong in their team offense. And they weren't playing against a team like Miami that has 2 overall unstoppable players that will score regardless of defense when they're playing well.

Lakers team offense relies on them being at an advantage on the inside, and being able to get the ball inside. Celtics were a team against which they DIDN'T have an advantage on the inside. that's why against a team like the Suns they can run up the score to 105-115 every game, but against the Celtics the games were so low scoring. The Laker big-man offense met the Celtics big-man defense, at which point the Laker's best bet was to: Defend the Celtics' offense, and pass off all the bad possessions to their best perimeter player (Kobe Bryant.)

The Celtics offense ran every single time THROUGH Rondo, whom Kobe was guarding. Did Kobe defend him perfectly? Obviously not, because if he completely shut him down the Celtics wouldn't have won a single game, but his contribution shrank a bit under Kobe's defense (remember the INSANE triple double he had against the Cavs that season? yeah that didn't happen against the Lakers.)

So in conclusion, Kobe did for his team what he had to for his team to win. Could he have made more of the shots he took? Yes, and it would have made his performance better, but you can't take credit away from him because of him taking those bad shots, because it was the offense that was failing, and he was the constant bail-out plan whenever he was on the court

I don't know where you're getting that I'm saying that Kobe is the best player in the NBA right now... of course he's not... he's like top 10 somewhere probably, could even be slightly outside of that.

More game watching, less box-score staring please.

DMAVS41
06-15-2011, 12:00 AM
I guess this is pointless, you would even make a case for Luke Walton deserving FMVP if it was neccesary. Just know you are on the minority here, as in only yourelf.

I've heard plenty of people make arguments for Pau last year.

What? Now you want to act like its as absurd as making a case for Luke Walton?

What?

Duncan21formvp
06-15-2011, 12:02 AM
Kobe 33%
Nowitzki 28%
Lebron 17%
Rose 15%
Other 7%

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=nba&pollId=115056
Are people really that stupid? I mean Kobe got swept with HCA and Dirk clearly outplayed him and yet Kobe is leading.:eek:

Heavincent
06-15-2011, 12:02 AM

Bullshit. Dirk had a fantastic supporting cast. He wasn't carried, but his team definitely helped him out a lot.

Mr. Jabbar
06-15-2011, 12:04 AM
I've heard plenty of people make arguments for Pau last year.

What? Now you want to act like its as absurd as making a case for Luke Walton?

What?

:oldlol:

asdf1990
06-15-2011, 12:05 AM
I think only retards are allowed to vote in these ESPN polls.

falc39
06-15-2011, 12:06 AM

also funny considering that his team, the defending nba champs, got swept by the mavs lol

Scoooter
06-15-2011, 12:14 AM
Dirk
Dwight
CP3 (did everyone forget the first round already?)
Wade/LeBron
Durant

Top 5ish.

Smoke117
06-15-2011, 12:18 AM
Lol. Good indication of how stupid casual fans are that Kobe leads.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-15-2011, 12:19 AM
best part: only 31 pct of Florida voters chose Lebron.

DMAVS41
06-15-2011, 12:23 AM
Bullshit. Dirk had a fantastic supporting cast. He wasn't carried, but his team definitely helped him out a lot.

They stepped up at times for sure, but its just the truth.

Almost every title won by a superstar player over the last 35 years has had much better help.

Only a handful didn't have another top 10 or top 15 player on the team.

Sorry, nothing can revise history.

This is the same Mavs team everyone laughed at all year. The same Mavs team that many people picked to lose in the first round.

Is what it is.

kaiiu
06-15-2011, 12:26 AM
lol @ ppl saying Dirk had a great supporting cast. :oldlol:

just goes to show how winning a title can change the way u look at players. A lot of hall of fame players wouldnt be hall of famers without rings

jrong
06-15-2011, 12:31 AM
Wade and Howard not even listed by name.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-15-2011, 12:33 AM
Wade and Howard not even listed by name.

again....no DWade.... wtf

FourthTenor
06-15-2011, 12:34 AM

:facepalm

Kiarip
06-15-2011, 12:37 AM
They stepped up at times for sure, but its just the truth.

Almost every title won by a superstar player over the last 35 years has had much better help.

Only a handful didn't have another top 10 or top 15 player on the team.

Sorry, nothing can revise history.

This is the same Mavs team everyone laughed at all year. The same Mavs team that many people picked to lose in the first round.

Is what it is.

I disagree Mavs have a very well build team in terms of each player's niche, and in the end it's not about how high each player is on the GOAT list, it's about how good they play in that one series, and when you have a niche based system, it becomes much easier for each individual player to grow confident and step up.

What's the highest that the best player on the 2004 Pistons will be rated on the GOAT list? Who's their perennial all-star?

The bottom-line is in the second half of the series every single player on the Mavs stepped up. Maybe they just needed some time to get comfortable, maybe they were inspired by Dirk's amazing 4th quarter in the game 2 come back, I do think that as the leader of his team he deserves some credit, but this isn't a case of a bunch of chokers being carried by 1 player through the finals. If the rest of the team played on a subpar level, or at least spottily and inconsistently, and Dirk still carried them to victory then I would rate him up there along with 2003 Duncan's championship, but the Mavs team got progressively better game after game in the finals to the extent that by the start of the 2nd half in game 6 Dirk didn't even get his yet, but the Heat were already petrified to step on the same court as them.

Micku
06-15-2011, 12:39 AM
Howard and Wade getting disrespected there.

But I don't think there is truly a best player. At least no clear one this year. It's more by tiers. All of them have their strength and weakness.

Mr. Jabbar
06-15-2011, 12:44 AM
I disagree Mavs have a very well build team in terms of each player's niche, and in the end it's not about how high each player is on the GOAT list, it's about how good they play in that one series, and when you have a niche based system, it becomes much easier for each individual player to grow confident and step up.

What's the highest that the best player on the 2004 Pistons will be rated on the GOAT list? Who's their perennial all-star?

The bottom-line is in the second half of the series every single player on the Mavs stepped up. Maybe they just needed some time to get comfortable, maybe they were inspired by Dirk's amazing 4th quarter in the game 2 come back, I do think that as the leader of his team he deserves some credit, but this isn't a case of a bunch of chokers being carried by 1 player through the finals. If the rest of the team played on a subpar level, or at least spottily and inconsistently, and Dirk still carried them to victory then I would rate him up there along with 2003 Duncan's championship, but the Mavs team got progressively better game after game in the finals to the extent that by the start of the 2nd half in game 6 Dirk didn't even get his yet, but the Heat were already petrified to step on the same court as them.

Very well put. Dirk started what? like 1-12 for the 1st half in game 6?, mavs still up by then. That team was/is really clicking.

Heavincent
06-15-2011, 12:50 AM
But I don't think there is truly a best player. At least no clear one this year. It's more by tiers. All of them have their strength and weakness.

Agreed. There was no undisputed best player this year.

Bucket_Nakedz
06-15-2011, 12:51 AM
derrick rose' legend is growing.

ieballer3
06-15-2011, 12:52 AM

yeah cuz letting your team fall behind early then coming back is so much better than playing great early in an easy win. a game is 48 min, not twelve and not 36 (sorry lebron, i had to lol).

also, you are completely ignoring defense. in which kobe completely shits on dirk.

LBJMVP
06-15-2011, 12:56 AM
i have mine at

lebron
wade
dirk
dwight
durant

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-15-2011, 12:56 AM
its good to know that 33% of the fans are not stupid.
the other 67% will be voting for Newt or Palin.

Heavincent
06-15-2011, 12:59 AM
just goes to show how winning a title can change the way u look at players. A lot of hall of fame players wouldnt be hall of famers without rings

Well no shit Sherlock. The finals are what separates the men from the boys. And Dirk's supporting cast stepped up huge. Dirk said it himself, his supporting cast carried him in game 6.

I'm just curious, are you just a Dirk fan or a Mavs fan? Throwing Dirk's supporting cast under bus seems like a pretty dumb thing for a Mavs fan to do considering how good the Mavs were as an overall team.

Dirk himself would tell you the same thing.

LA_Showtime
06-15-2011, 01:03 AM
lol @ ppl saying Dirk had a great supporting cast. :oldlol:

A supporting cast does not have to be comprised of hall-of-fame players and all-stars to be great. Based purely on how they performed, the Mavericks clearly had depth. :oldlol: @ anyone suggesting Dirk did it by himself.

kaiiu
06-15-2011, 01:04 AM
Well no shit Sherlock. The finals are what separates the men from the boys. And Dirk's supporting cast stepped up huge. Dirk said it himself, his supporting cast carried him in game 6.

I'm just curious, are you just a Dirk fan or a Mavs fan? Throwing Dirk's supporting cast under bus seems like a pretty dumb thing for a Mavs fan to do considering how good the Mavs were as an overall team.
No. Just funny to see Lebrick apologist try to prop up a guy like Jason Terry now who finally has done something in the playoffs and usually choked b4 this year. But try to tear down Lebrons old teammates when Mo and Terry are basically the same player. Im a Dirk fan but I dont care about stuff like that. He had a good team and they stepped up

kaiiu
06-15-2011, 01:04 AM
A supporting cast does not have to be comprised of hall-of-fame players and all-stars to be great. Based purely on how they performed, the Mavericks clearly had depth. :oldlol: @ anyone suggesting Dirk did it by himself.
He DIDNT do it by is self. My post is directed at LEBRON APOLOGIST

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-15-2011, 01:08 AM

yup. Jason Terry came up HUGE time and time again.
Stevenson drained, what, 3 critical threes in game 6 and played great defense.
Kidd was a great defender all playoffs.
Barea was great, esp in games 5 and 6.
Chandler had the paint locked down the entire series.

the lesson is simple: good teamwork beats a collection of great players.

Bladers
06-15-2011, 01:10 AM

Jason Terry - 18ppg, 50% FG, 40% 3pt

Robbed of the 2011 Finals MVP! :roll: :roll: :roll:

LA_Showtime
06-15-2011, 01:15 AM
I disagree.

Go re-watch the games. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

jrong
06-15-2011, 01:19 AM
again....no DWade.... wtf

You know what the kicker is? Next year, LeBron gets the redemption narrative. Wade gets forgotten, again.

This was his best chance to get another FMVP and join the elite club of players who have two or more. Who knows if the Heat will even be back in the Finals next season or if there will be a next season?

By the time the Heat win it (if they ever do), the storyline will be that James needed to grow into a leader, and the Heat needed to grow into a team.

It was obvious Wade's greatness was always going to get lost in LeBron's shadow, but who knew it would be the shadow of his failure..

LBJMVP
06-15-2011, 01:20 AM

kobe deserved finals MVP, dont even argue about it.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-15-2011, 01:25 AM
You know what the kicker is? Next year, LeBron gets the redemption narrative. Wade gets forgotten, again.

This was his best chance to get another FMVP and join the elite club of players who have two or more. Who knows if the Heat will even be back in the Finals next season or if there will be a next season?

By the time the Heat win it (if they ever do), the storyline will be that James needed to grow into a leader, and the Heat needed to grow into a team.

It was obvious Wade's greatness was always going to get lost in LeBron's shadow, but who knew it would be the shadow of his failure..

you are right.
just another reason I hope they trade Lebron for Howard...or something like that. Let Wade shine. If they let him shine, we will soon be deemed the third best SG of all time, and then have a shot to catch Kobe.

talkingconch
06-15-2011, 01:25 AM
someone que the kobe success pics

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-15-2011, 01:26 AM

dude, either DMAVS is just trolling, or he doesnt know shit. either way, he is not worth talking to.

The Iron Fist
06-15-2011, 01:30 AM

I know you're a ****ing moron, but this takes the cake.

Marion, is a 4 time all star. Terry is 6th MOY. Kidd is Jason Kidd! That is solid and quality veteran leadership right there. Chandler just made 2nd team all defense and some felt he was the DPOY. Just be happy that Dirk finally has some real hardware to gloat about without dismissing the contributions of the rest of this very solid team. You're going on like they barely made the playoffs because another team lost on the last day of the season.

Indian guy
06-15-2011, 01:30 AM
No Wade & Howard :oldlol:. And Kobe isn't even a Top 5 player anymore.

DMAVS41
06-15-2011, 02:33 AM
yup. Jason Terry came up HUGE time and time again.
Stevenson drained, what, 3 critical threes in game 6 and played great defense.
Kidd was a great defender all playoffs.
Barea was great, esp in games 5 and 6.
Chandler had the paint locked down the entire series.

the lesson is simple: good teamwork beats a collection of great players.

Really?

Funny how a 1 superstar team almost never wins.

Good lesson though.....:facepalm

Bosnian Sajo
06-15-2011, 02:57 AM

You Mad?????

Props to Dirk and all, but how you gonna say its one of the worst supporting casts? Its one of the deepest teams in the NBA, stfu.

Samurai Swoosh
06-15-2011, 03:04 AM
DMAVS41 the super band wagoner

DMAVS41
06-15-2011, 03:04 AM
Props to Dirk and all, but how you gonna say its one of the worst supporting casts? Its one of the deepest teams in the NBA, stfu.

Why were they picked to lose to the Blazers?
Why were they huge underdogs in the 2nd round?

Oh how times change....STFU

winwin
06-15-2011, 04:38 AM
LOL OWNED

DMAVS41 - NBASTATMAN - gino1231

LOL OWNED

Toizumi
06-15-2011, 04:47 AM
Poll is a joke. Just a popularity contest.

Toizumi
06-15-2011, 04:49 AM
DMAVS41 the super band wagoner

Seeing his username and the fact that he registered here in November, I wouldn't say he's a bandwagoner. Not many people expected the Mavs to be successfull, probably not even that guy himself. However, he was a fan before this team made it's great playoff run. Most Dallas bandwagoners jumped on after they defeated the Lakers.

imlmf
06-15-2011, 05:04 AM
don't hold any water, most of these are probably casual fans who votes based on past reputations, anyone who's been following knows kobe is not the best player

Ne 1
06-15-2011, 05:08 AM
Seeing his username and the fact that he registered here in November, I wouldn't say he's a bandwagoner. Not many people expected the Mavs to be successfull, probably not even that guy himself. However, he was a fan before this team made it's great playoff run. Most Dallas bandwagoners jumped on after they defeated the Lakers.

He was a Spurs when he first joined this site under his other account ginobli239239

sh0wtime
06-15-2011, 05:09 AM
Kobe 33%
Nowitzki 28%
Lebron 17%
Rose 15%
Other 7%

Haha, wow.

monkeypox
06-15-2011, 05:37 AM
Not that crazy really.

LeBron has been the defacto best player for like five years or something. Everyone just saw him choke massively and fail in the finals. Now everyone is confused and not sure if he's the best anymore or what that even means. If LeBron isn't best now, who is and why? The simplest answer to pick is Kobe, who has the most rings and isn't as worn out as Duncan.

What about D-Howard? He's just another athletic freak that hasn't won anything. Might as well stick with LeBron.

D-wade? He was with LeBron when the ship sank.

Nowitzki? Not a lot of casual fans know about him AND he had a pretty bad final game.

Rose? Too young, hasn't won anything, didn't get great stats, got ousted earlier.

Who else is there?

Toizumi
06-15-2011, 05:55 AM
He was a Spurs when he first joined this site under his other account ginobli239239

he's ginobli? (with the kung fu panda avy right?)
Surprising that he switched I guess, considering the Spurs had a better regular season than the Mavs. That's not what defines a bandwagoner...
Not making any excuses for him, since I don't know him and he's been trolling throughout these playoffs.

DMAVS41
06-15-2011, 05:55 AM
he's ginobli? (with the kung fu panda avy right?)
Surprising that he switched I guess, considering the Spurs had a better regular season than the Mavs. That's not what defines a bandwagoner...
Not making any excuses for him, since I don't know him and he's been trolling throughout these playoffs.

I was never a spurs fan...ever.

Check the history of the posts.

He's just being a moron as usual.

Doctor Rivers
06-15-2011, 06:11 AM
I was never a spurs fan...ever.

Check the history of the posts.

He's just being a moron as usual.

LOL OWNED

STFU

OWNED LOL OWNED

LOL

brownmamba00
06-15-2011, 07:18 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: @trolls getting mad over this meaningless poll

24r2
06-15-2011, 07:54 AM

i want the mavs to win but i did not jump on their fukcin bandwagon i just want them to beat the heat

Toizumi
06-15-2011, 08:10 AM
i want the mavs to win but i did not jump on their fukcin bandwagon i just want them to beat the heat

So did I and I am happy that Dallas won. Showing support for a team, or liking a team, doesnt make a person a bandwagoner. I don't really like to use the term at all and I didnt bring it into the conversation.. read the posts above.

If a person switches from team to team, always following the succesfull teams and acts like he is a diehard fan of his 'new' team, plus acts like he always has been. That person could be labelled a bandwagoner.
However, there is nothing wrong with liking or rooting for any team. The teams that do good are usually the teams that are most fun too watch, so it makes sense.

Teanett
06-15-2011, 08:28 AM
how can dirk not be the best right now,
when he just whooped everybody on that list?

DMAVS41
06-15-2011, 08:34 AM
how can dirk not be the best right now,
when he just whooped everybody on that list?

he's earned it.

not only did he go through all the top 5 players in the playoffs other than Howard, but Dirk beat them playing with less help than all of them.

Kobe? Beat Kobe despite not having home court and playing with much less help.
Durant? Dirk clearly the best player.
Lebron? LOL

Wade? A worthy adversary and very close between the two. I give the slight edge to Dirk because he outplayed Wade when it mattered most late in games. Props to Wade though.....he's a beast.

Dirk, Howard, and Wade all deserve mention as the best player right now.

Funny how two of them didn't even make the list. Hopefully that tells people how ****ed up perceptions are and why people voting on shit never gets a good result.....

Cough.....All NBA.....MVP voting.....All Defense....Cough....

winwin
06-15-2011, 11:00 AM
lol @ Wade not on list

i can't remember who said:
''most people have him 2nd''

LOL OWNED

STFU

OWNED LOL OWNED

LOL

Eat Like A Bosh
06-15-2011, 11:23 AM
All right, since the Mavs won, Heat007 has been pretty quiet in the corner.
But Gino/DMavs has gone ****ing high.
Well at least he's a better troll than the Miami Heat trolls eh?'
Lmfao at the Mavs having the worst supporting cast of all time!:roll:

Dirk shot bad in the clinching game, but Terry caught fire.
Kobe shot bad in the clinching game, Gasol wasn't shooting great that night either. Winning that one was a team effort.
But both players were clearly the best players throughout the series, so they both deserved the Finals MVPs. It's that simple.

DMAVS41
06-15-2011, 11:27 AM
All right, since the Mavs won, Heat007 has been pretty quiet in the corner.
But Gino/DMavs has gone ****ing high.
Well at least he's a better troll than the Miami Heat trolls eh?'
Lmfao at the Mavs having the worst supporting cast of all time!:roll:

Dirk shot bad in the clinching game, but Terry caught fire.
Kobe shot bad in the clinching game, Gasol wasn't shooting great that night either. Winning that one was a team effort.
But both players were clearly the best players throughout the series, so they both deserved the Finals MVPs. It's that simple.

High? Because I think this supporting cast is one of the worst to win the title in the last 35 years? How is that not a fact at this point? Take a look at your NBA history son.

And I'll just keep quoting this from now on. I'll just use somebody else that wrote a 700 page book on basketball that has absolutely no dog in the fight.

Dirk Nowitzki: He's already propelled himself into the top 20 and a permanent "Barkley, Malone or Nowitzki?" discussion; he's erased any lingering scars from the 2006 Finals and 2007 Playoffs; and he's clinched "one of the best clutch scorers of his generation" status. But if he wins the title with a bunch of role players? That nudges him up a level; now we'd have to discuss him with Julius Erving, Bob Pettit, John Havlicek, and maybe even Tim Duncan as one of the Greatest Forwards Ever Not Named Larry Bird. However it plays out, he's already the biggest winner from this series. You can't say enough about Dirk Nowitzki.

I guess Simmons has lost his mind as well.

ChandlerParsons
06-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Whoa
Rose is there. I don't understand.
No wade/howard.
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

derman
06-15-2011, 11:47 AM

Clown, No player finished the NBAFinals with a higher plus/minus than Dirk (plus-55). The Mavs were -41 without Dirk in the Finals.

Kobrick got bailed out by refs in game 7.

Lakers without Kobrick http://www.examiner.com/kobe-bryant-in-national/lakers-3-0-without-kobe-bryant-the-lineup
With that being said, Kobe sat out against the Portland Trailblazers this past weekend to rest his injured ankle and the Lakers stepped it up in his absence with their first win at the Rose Garden in five years.

As if that wasn't impressive enough, the Lakers kept a good thing going on the following Monday night with another convincing win against the rival San Antonio Spurs.

Ironically enough, it has been Pau Gasol who has stepped it up for the Lakers in Kobe's absence as he has been dominating the boards and been a force to be reckoned with inside the paint.

The two wins over the Blazers and the Spurs were a breath of fresh air and impressive to say the least, but Wednesday was perhaps the most impressive win as the Lakers, without Kobe Bryant for the third consecutive game, were able to end the Utah Jazz's nine game winning streak at Energy Solutions Arena in Utah which is not an easy place to win in the NBA.

MAvs without Dirk were 2-7, lottery team.
Lakers without Kobrick were playing better than with him, 4-1 in February 2010.

Disaprine
06-15-2011, 01:22 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: @trolls getting mad over this meaningless poll
:lol

Mr. Jabbar
06-15-2011, 01:27 PM
he's earned it.

not only did he go through all the top 5 players in the playoffs other than Howard, but Dirk beat them playing with less help than all of them.

Kobe? Beat Kobe despite not having home court and playing with much less help.
Durant? Dirk clearly the best player.
Lebron? LOL

Wade? A worthy adversary and very close between the two. I give the slight edge to Dirk because he outplayed Wade when it mattered most late in games. Props to Wade though.....he's a beast.

Dirk, Howard, and Wade all deserve mention as the best player right now.

Funny how two of them didn't even make the list. Hopefully that tells people how ****ed up perceptions are and why people voting on shit never gets a good result.....

Cough.....All NBA.....MVP voting.....All Defense....Cough....

Yeah Kobe got alot more help than Dirk in that series :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just.............let..........................it.. ....................................go............ ........................................,...stop.. ..........................reaching.....

Scoooter
06-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Yeah Kobe got alot more help than Dirk in that series :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just.............let..........................it.. ....................................go............ ........................................,...stop.. ..........................reaching.....
He should have passed the ball to Bynum more. They might have won a game or two.

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
06-15-2011, 01:35 PM
No Howard???

Magic Vinsanity
06-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Howard is currently the best player in the world. 2nd at worst.

BallsOut
06-15-2011, 09:35 PM
:lol :lol

Heavincent
06-15-2011, 09:45 PM
DMAVS41 makes Mavs fans look bad. He's almost as delusional as Heat007.

And he clearly has an agenda. It's pretty obnoxious.

DMAVS41
06-15-2011, 09:49 PM
DMAVS41 makes Mavs fans look bad. He's almost as delusional as Heat007.

And he clearly has an agenda. It's pretty obnoxious.

Dirk Nowitzki: He's already propelled himself into the top 20 and a permanent "Barkley, Malone or Nowitzki?" discussion; he's erased any lingering scars from the 2006 Finals and 2007 Playoffs; and he's clinched "one of the best clutch scorers of his generation" status. But if he wins the title with a bunch of role players? That nudges him up a level; now we'd have to discuss him with Julius Erving, Bob Pettit, John Havlicek, and maybe even Tim Duncan as one of the Greatest Forwards Ever Not Named Larry Bird. However it plays out, he's already the biggest winner from this series. You can't say enough about Dirk Nowitzki.

What is Bill Simmons' agenda?

Could it be that he just wants people to understand how great Dirk has been for 13 years now?

LOL

I'm just going to keep posting this anytime this comes up. What agenda could Simmons possibly have? Or Pippen? Or Van Gundy? Or Mark Jackson?

They don't have a dog in this fight.

Wake up. Dirk is deserving of all of this praise. Its been a long time coming.

Heavincent
06-15-2011, 10:09 PM

What is Bill Simmons' agenda?

Could it be that he just wants people to understand how great Dirk has been for 13 years now?

LOL

I'm just going to keep posting this anytime this comes up. What agenda could Simmons possibly have? Or Pippen? Or Van Gundy? Or Mark Jackson?

They don't have a dog in this fight.

Wake up. Dirk is deserving of all of this praise. Its been a long time coming.

Point? There have also been plenty of people that have praised Dirk's supporting cast.

I'm not trying to take away from Dirk either. His playoff run was incredible. I'm just able to recognize how good his supporting cast was.

And I was referring more to your agenda against Kobe.

DMAVS41
06-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Point? There have also been plenty of people that have praised Dirk's supporting cast.

I'm not trying to take away from Dirk either. His playoff run was incredible. I'm just able to recognize how good his supporting cast was.

And I was referring more to your agenda against Kobe.

Agenda of giving my opinion? Ok.

Nobody wins alone. That has been my theme since day 1 here. Dirk is no different. He had guys step up and play big and make big plays.

Nobody is saying his supporting cast was terrible...its just happens to be one of the worst supporting casts around a superstar player to win a title in the last 35 years.

You are turning some players into something they aren't. As good as Marion was a times, he's still just a 12/6 player that plays good defense. As good as Terry was, he's still just a 17 ppg game guy that doesn't rebound or defend. As good as JJ was he is still a guy that only plays 19 minutes a game and shoots 42% from the floor. Peja is still a guy that scores 7 a game on 40% shooting that can't defend or rebound. Haywood is still a guy that can't finish around the rim or make free throws and only plays 15 minutes a game.....etc

They were solid no doubt, but still have all the same flaws that were the reasons nobody gave the Mavs a chance to win it all this year.

Take a good long look at the other supporting casts around superstars to win titles in the last 35 years. Trust me, this Mavs cast would be one of the worst. Thats the point......

And then look at the competition. The Blazers were a top 10 team in the league. The Lakers were a top 5 team in the league. The Thunder were a top 5 or 6 team in the league. The Heat were a top 2 team in the league.

The level of the teams and players that the Mavs had to go through was extremely tough.

So man up. I want you to list the supporting casts you think were worse than this Mavs supporting cast. I'll be waiting for that extremely short list......