4.8 Points Per Game
3.2 Rebounds Per Game
4.1 Assists Per Game

1.6 Steals Per Game
1.9 Turnovers Per Game

"The savior of the Minnesota Timberwolves." :lol :oldlol: :roll: :rolleyes:

1987_Lakers
06-15-2011, 05:10 PM
OMG, I knew he was struggling but I had no idea he was this bad.

Scoooter
06-15-2011, 05:12 PM
****ing beast. You know he's just chillin' over there, banging Spanish chicks and messin' around with all those Euro scrubs. Soon as he gets to the states he's going to tighten up the beast machine with a few beastly turns of the beast screws. Lookout, NBA.

Bone Machine
06-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Don't worry guys!!! He will be much better in the NBA obviously!!!

winwin
06-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Bizkaia Bilbao Basket fall 55-64, Barcelona win ACB championship
EITB - ‎13 hours ago‎
Regal Barcelona sealed up the series 3-0 winning the first game in Bilbao 55-64. Former NBA star Juan Carlos Navarro was chosen the MVP of the final series. Juan Carlos Navarro scored 16 points and Anderson added 10 to lead Regal Barcelona to a 55-64 ...

Euroleague
06-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Bizkaia Bilbao Basket fall 55-64, Barcelona win ACB championship
EITB - ‎13 hours ago‎
Regal Barcelona sealed up the series 3-0 winning the first game in Bilbao 55-64. Former NBA star Juan Carlos Navarro was chosen the MVP of the final series. Juan Carlos Navarro scored 16 points and Anderson added 10 to lead Regal Barcelona to a 55-64 ...

It's amazing his teammates can win, despite how horrible he plays.

Samurai Swoosh
06-15-2011, 05:30 PM
He shoots 31%? My god this kid is terrible.

:oldlol:

BarberSchool
06-15-2011, 05:31 PM
Ricky Rubio's Final Season Stats 2010-11:

Euroleague:

22.7 Minutes Per Game

31.0 Field Goal%
22.4 3 Point Field Goal%
83.6 Free Throw%

6.5 Points Per Game
3.3 Rebounds Per Game
3.5 Assists Per Game

1.6 Steals Per Game
1.8 Turnovers Per Game

Spanish League:

21.8 Minutes Per Game

32.0 Field Goal%
25.9 3 Point Field Goal%
77.1 Free Throw%

4.8 Points Per Game
3.2 Rebounds Per Game
4.1 Assists Per Game

1.6 Steals Per Game
1.9 Turnovers Per Game

"The savior of the Minnesota Timberwolves." :lol :oldlol: :roll: :rolleyes:Wow, I to this point had assumed he was dominating over there. Guess I'm basing waay too much off his olympic performance against Kidd, Deron Williams, etc.

Euroleague
06-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Wow, I to this point had assumed he was dominating over there. Guess I'm basing waay too much off his olympic performance against Kidd, Deron Williams, etc.

Rubio is easily one of the worst point guards in Euroleague.

clayton
06-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Not even D-League material.

redhonda76
06-15-2011, 07:29 PM
He is definitely not ready. 30% FG is very horrible.

Loneshot
06-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Damn. I am saddened.

Nero Tulip
06-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Rubio is easily one of the worst point guards in Euroleague.

Euroleague, why don't you watch the Euroleague?

Miserio
06-15-2011, 07:48 PM
20 year old kid playing in a professional league. In two or three years he's gonna dominate

ThaSwagg3r
06-15-2011, 07:52 PM
30% in Euro and Spanish leagues. :facepalm :oldlol: Tell this punk ass loser to come in the NBA so we can laugh at him and watch him make a damn fool out of himself.

Maybe he'll finally stfu and stop acting like he is the best already.

LilKateMoss
06-15-2011, 07:58 PM
I don't know where you got those stats from, but they aren't accurate.

Euroleague:

22.7 Minutes Per Game

31.0 Field Goal%
22.4 3 Point Field Goal%
83.6 Free Throw%

6.5 Points Per Game
3.3 Rebounds Per Game
3.5 Assists Per Game

1.6 Steals Per Game
1.8 Turnovers Per Game

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5844/rubiostats.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/89/rubiostats.png/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=LFW

Spanish League:

21.8 Minutes Per Game

32.0 Field Goal%
25.9 3 Point Field Goal%
77.1 Free Throw%

4.8 Points Per Game
3.2 Rebounds Per Game
4.1 Assists Per Game

1.6 Steals Per Game
1.9 Turnovers Per Game

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/5844/rubiostats.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/541/rubiostats.png/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

http://www.acb.com/stsacum.php?cod_competicion=LACB&cod_edicion=55&cod_equipo=BAR&totales=0

ace23
06-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Typical overyped Euro...

G-train
06-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Shooting can be taught, elite court awareness cant be.

G-train
06-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Euroleague, why don't you watch the Euroleague?

Its a question he has never really answered.
I think he is Jonny flynn.

ThaSwagg3r
06-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Shooting can be taught, elite court awareness cant be.
How many players do you know have shot in the low 40s, like 40-42, ended up improving their FG% to about 45 or higher? Cause honestly I can't think of any except maybe Kobe Bryant. Once an inefficient scorer, always an inefficient scorer.

Plus, the dude is doing it in a Euro and Spanish league, not even the ****ing NBA yet. Give me a ****ing break. And it's not even 40%, it is 30% which is absolutely pathetic.

G-train
06-15-2011, 08:18 PM
How many players do you know have shot in the low 40s, like 40-42, ended up improving their FG% to about 45 or higher? Cause honestly I can't think of any except maybe Kobe Bryant. Once an inefficient scorer, always an inefficient scorer.

Plus, the dude is doing it in a Euro and Spanish league, not even the ****ing NBA yet. Give me a ****ing break. And it's not even 40%, it is 30% which is absolutely pathetic.

Jason Kidd was a worse shooter at 20 than Rubio. Fact. He ok now.

post fail.

G-train
06-15-2011, 08:20 PM
He isnt expected to be Mark Price, but a Jason Kidd type.

Toizumi
Here's how Brandon Jennings did in the Italian league, the year before he came over to the NBA

From wiki:

In the Italian Lega A 2008-09 season, Jennings averaged in 27 games, 5.5 points, 1.6 rebounds, 2.2 assists, and 1.5 steals in 17.0 minutes per game. He shot 35.1 percent from the field and 20.7 percent from 3 point range in Lega A play.

Jennings averaged the above in a league weaker than the Spanish league.. Didnt do good in Italy but was important to his team and showed to have a good skillset (from what Ive heard and read). PG stats in Europe never look that great really. If you watch the games, unlike lakas no links yo, u can see that Rubio has the tools to become a solid NBA player. He's better than prime Calderon, which means that he will be a worthy starter at least.

Congrats to Ricky and Barca for winning the title! He didnt have a great year, but it wasnt horrible either. Starting pg on the championship team. Lakas, keep hating.

ThaSwagg3r
Jason Kidd was a worse shooter at 20 than Rubio. Fact. He ok now.

post fail.
Yeah except Jason Kidd always has been and still is an inefficient scorer. Nice try. You understand he shot 36% this season right? I am not talking about jump shots here. I am talking shot selections, efficiency, and field goal %. Something that Rubio is clearly lacking in and something that does not change.

G-train
06-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Yeah except Jason Kidd always has been and still is an inefficient scorer. Nice try. You understand he shot 36% this season right? I am not talking about jump shots here. I am talking shot selections, efficiency, and field goal %. Something that Rubio is clearly lacking in and something that does not change.

Rubio isn't a scorer and Yanks like you are so used to every young PG chucking shots you can't comprehend Rubio.

G-train
06-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Just wait til Rubio gets out in the open court in the NBA. 8 apg in his rookie year.

Lebowsky
06-15-2011, 08:26 PM
This post makes no sense.

Myth
06-15-2011, 08:28 PM
It is rare when I root for young guys entering the league to fail, but this is one case where I'm all for him failing. It just bothers me when rookies try to dictate what teams they will play for when being drafted. I haven't wanted a rookie to suck so much since Yi Jianlian.

ThaSwagg3r
06-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Rubio isn't a scorer and Yanks like you are so used to every young PG chucking shots you can't comprehend Rubio.
Kidd isn't a scorer either and he never learned how to score efficiently. Right now I am not even complaining that Rubio can't shoot, I am complaining that the guy is inefficient and can't even shoot ****ing 40% in a Euro and Spanish league. IF you can't even shoot over 35% in two unathletic leagues, what do you think he'll shoot in the NBA?

G-train
06-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Kidd isn't a scorer either and he never learned how to score efficiently. Right now I am not even complaining that Rubio can't shoot, I am complaining that the guy is inefficient and can't even shoot ****ing 40% in a Euro and Spanish league. IF you can't even shoot over 35% in two unathletic leagues, what do you think he'll shoot in the NBA?

35-40% with gradual improvement.

But it will be 3/8 from the field for 10 points and 8-10 assists with 2 steals and some TO's.

coin24
06-15-2011, 08:49 PM
Hes not going to play for the Wolves. Said it when they drafted him, and stand by it.

He is overrated as fu*k. Plus it has always pissed me off how he declared for the draft, then all of a sudden he was "under contract for a few years still" and couldnt come over when the team wasnt to his liking :facepalm

Wolves should trade his rights for something more valuable, like someone who can actually play for them:roll:

FireDavidKahn
06-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Hes not going to play for the Wolves. Said it when they drafted him, and stand by it.

He is overrated as fu*k. Plus it has always pissed me off how he declared for the draft, then all of a sudden he was "under contract for a few years still" and couldnt come over when the team wasnt to his liking :facepalm

Wolves should trade his rights for something more valuable, like someone who can actually play for them:roll:
Do you honestly believe he won't play for us? He is under contract with us. Some people just can't face reality:facepalm

Euroleague
06-16-2011, 01:59 PM
I don't know where you got those stats from, but they aren't accurate.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5844/rubiostats.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/89/rubiostats.png/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=LFW

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/5844/rubiostats.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/541/rubiostats.png/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

http://www.acb.com/stsacum.php?cod_competicion=LACB&cod_edicion=55&cod_equipo=BAR&totales=0

I guess you fail at basic reading and math. 2 pt field goal % is not the same thing as overall field goal % genius.

Euroleague
06-16-2011, 02:02 PM
Here's how Brandon Jennings did in the Italian league, the year before he came over to the NBA

From wiki:

Jennings averaged the above in a league weaker than the Spanish league.. Didnt do good in Italy but was important to his team and showed to have a good skillset (from what Ive heard and read). PG stats in Europe never look that great really. If you watch the games, u can see that Rubio has the tools to become a solid NBA player. He's better than prime Calderon, which means that he will be a worthy starter at least.

Congrats to Ricky and Barca for winning the title! He didnt have a great year, but it wasnt horrible either. Starting pg on the championship team.

Complete nonsense.

Those are horrible point guard stats in Europe and many, many, many, many point guards have far better stats than that. Rubio's stats and Jennings' stats are horrible for European standards and horrible compared to most other point guards in Europe.

And, news flash, Jennings sucks in the NBA.

Rubio is not half as good as Calderon is, and he was not the starter of Barca, that was Victor Sada.

DCL
06-16-2011, 07:34 PM
if he's coming soon... then book his return flight already.

FireMcFailPlease
06-16-2011, 07:47 PM

allen iverson always shot in the lower 40s

Jasper
06-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Ricky Rubio's Final Season Stats 2010-11:

Euroleague:

22.7 Minutes Per Game

6.5 Points Per Game
3.3 Rebounds Per Game
3.5 Assists Per Game

1.6 Steals Per Game
1.8 Turnovers Per Game

Spanish League:

21.8 Minutes Per Game

4.8 Points Per Game
3.2 Rebounds Per Game
4.1 Assists Per Game

1.6 Steals Per Game
1.9 Turnovers Per Game

if he's coming soon... then book his return flight already.

Got to remember this was Euro stats .. once in the NBA his stats will change
:milton

keepinitreal
06-16-2011, 07:57 PM
But but... didn't he just win the championship?

DStebb716
06-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Not to mention he got BENCHED. :facepalm

B-Easy8
06-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Not to mention he got BENCHED. :facepalm

He was the starter for most of the year, got injured and came back as a bench player not to ruin the chemistry on the way to the finals.

LilKateMoss
06-16-2011, 10:02 PM
I guess you fail at basic reading and math. 2 pt field % goal is not the same thing as overall field goal % genius.
Oh really? Then where did you get those stats? Because I provided screenshots of the OFFICIAL Euroleague and ACB websites and they aren't listed that way. Nowhere are they listed that way. I guess you calculated them yourself by pulling them outta your ass. Why don't you just admit you made up those stats in order to make the kid look bad, like you always do? NoLinksYo is AllLiesYo. What a shameless, pathetic, lying troll you are.

Euroleague
06-17-2011, 01:10 AM
He was the starter for most of the year, got injured and came back as a bench player not to ruin the chemistry on the way to the finals.

More BS. He was benched 5 times during the season. Sada is a much better player than Rubio. Sada always closed every single game and Rubio sat on the bench in the 4th quarter all season long.

Euroleague
06-17-2011, 01:11 AM
Oh really? Then where did you get those stats? Because I provided screenshots of the OFFICIAL Euroleague and ACB websites and they aren't listed that way. Nowhere are they listed that way. I guess you calculated them yourself by pulling them outta your ass. Why don't you just admit you made up those stats in order to make the kid look bad, like you always do?

Are you a retard? 2 point field goal percentage is just for 2 point shots idiot.

Why don't you look at those stats and actually read them because you are really embarrassing yourself.

If you don't admit you are wrong, rest assured I will call you out on it.

Rowe
06-17-2011, 03:25 AM
allen iverson always shot in the lower 40s

Allen Iverson did it on 25 shots per game.

Your FG% is supposed to dip from the simple fact you shouldnt be making nearly 1/2 your shots when shooting that many times.

Rubio is a pass first PG who struggles with his shot selection. If hes going to succeed in the NBA a la Rondo, he'll need to focus only taking easy shots and developing a tear drop runner.

Rowe
06-17-2011, 03:29 AM
Complete nonsense.

Those are horrible point guard stats in Europe and many, many, many, many point guards have far better stats than that. Rubio's stats and Jennings' stats are horrible for European standards and horrible compared to most other point guards in Europe.

Rubio is not half as good as Calderon is, and he is not the starter of Barca, that Victor is Sada.

Wait, are we comparing a Spanish PG who has spent his entire career playing the European brand of basketball including as a professional at 16 to an American PG from Compton who shows up for 5 months?

Jennings didnt even get off the bench on his team because he said he didnt have the work ethic to grasp their style of play. He knew he was only going to be there for a few months before coming back to the states for the NBA Draft. His struggles in adjusting overseas are completely irrelevant to Rubio's struggles to a game he has played for his whole life.

If Jennings had no chance to play in the NBA, I can guarantee you in time he would've worked to become a good PG over there in Europe.

Quizno
06-17-2011, 03:38 AM
you guys need to realize some things about rubio though. first, he's not a shooter and he's currently very inefficient, but keep in mind that he's not supposed to be scoring. in the NBA, he won't be looking for his shot at all, but i also guarantee that his shooting will improve. his only field goal attempts will be layups and wide open 3's, i guarantee you that.

second, he is a good passer. 3.5 apg in euroleague in only 22.7 mpg is good, it's a more slower paced, defense oriented grind it out style and that number will inflate heavily in the NBA. he'll also have more athletic teammates (OMG RACIST AMERICAN!!!) that will create more opportunities for him and his fg% will go up to at least around 40%.

a realistic expectation for his rookie year would be something like this:

PPG: 9.5
APG: 7.7
RPG: 3.2
FG%: 41%

and he's only going to get better. this kid has NBA-level court vision and he's very young. he can control the pace of a game and he can help bring an identity to a franchise. he's gonna be a good player.

Scoooter
06-17-2011, 03:40 AM
I'd take him on the Knicks in a heartbeat. With all the scorers we have, he wouldn't have to do much himself. All we'd need is a center who can rebound and make a nice outlet pass. Rubio-Melo-Amar'e? That could be a nice fast break.

Rowe
06-17-2011, 03:45 AM
I'd take him on the Knicks in a heartbeat. With all the scorers we have, he wouldn't have to do much himself. All we'd need is a center who can rebound and make a nice outlet pass. Rubio-Melo-Amar'e? That could be a nice fast break.

Agreed.

He'll need to work on his Pick & Roll with Amare.

Toizumi
06-17-2011, 03:46 AM
Complete nonsense.

Rubio is not half as good as Calderon is, and he is not the starter of Barca, that Victor is Sada.

Jennings had a tough sophmore season, but was close to winning ROY in his first year (4 time rookie of the month). What I was trying to say is that those Euro stats don't mean too much in determining how a player will transition to the NBA. Jennings is a bit of a chucker, while Rubio is more of a pass first PG anyway. Not saying Rubio will do better than Jennings in the NBA, just saying that all this Rubio hate is unwarranted.

On Calderon - He averaged 2.6 APG for Tau Ceramica before he came over to the NBA, where he, at some point averaged close to 8/9 APG.
These stats in European leagues don't mean sh*t.

While I don't know how Rubio will do in the NBA. He's been great in Spain. Just accept it.. Look at his accomplishments.

[QUOTE]3

Scoooter
06-17-2011, 03:52 AM
Agreed.

He'll need to work on his Pick & Roll with Amare.
From what I've seen he's already better at the P'nR than any of the "point guards" we have on our roster.

Euroleague
06-17-2011, 04:25 AM
Wait, are we comparing a Spanish PG who has spent his entire career playing the European brand of basketball including as a professional at 16 to an American PG from Compton who shows up for 5 months?

Jennings didnt even get off the bench on his team because he said he didnt have the work ethic to grasp their style of play. He knew he was only going to be there for a few months before coming back to the states for the NBA Draft. His struggles in adjusting overseas are completely irrelevant to Rubio's struggles to a game he has played for his whole life.

If Jennings had no chance to play in the NBA, I can guarantee you in time he would've worked to become a good PG over there in Europe.

BS. Jennings got normal playing time in Italy. NBA fans are totally making up that he did not get playing time. Even most superstars in Europe play about 25 minutes a game, and Jennings was getting around 19 a game.

So it is complete BS this claim Americans make that he was not getting any playing time. Jennings just flat out sucked in Euroleague (he sucks in NBA also), but he was better than Rubio though.

Euroleague
06-17-2011, 04:37 AM
Jennings had a tough sophmore season, but was close to winning ROY in his first year (4 time rookie of the month). What I was trying to say is that those Euro stats don't mean too much in determining how a player will transition to the NBA. Jennings is a bit of a chucker, while Rubio is more of a pass first PG anyway. Not saying Rubio will do better than Jennings in the NBA, just saying that all this Rubio hate is unwarranted.

On Calderon - He averaged 2.6 APG for Tau Ceramica before he came over to the NBA, where he, at some point averaged close to 8/9 APG.
These stats in European leagues don't mean sh*t.

While I don't know how Rubio will do in the NBA. He's been great in Spain. Just accept it.. Look at his accomplishments.

His stats arent that much worse this year than they were last year. He really hasnt improved much though.. I'll have to admit that, but he's still great.

Here's what coach K (one of the best coach in bball ever) had to say about Rubio last year:

"He's gotten bigger and he plays outstanding defense, and because he's a pass-first guard he's going to be liked by everybody who plays with him,"

We'll see. Stop hating though.

Rubio is an absolute awful scrub in Euroleague and he is not half as good as Calderon. You obviously have never seen him play.

As for this........

[I]3

Chapallaz
06-17-2011, 04:47 AM
Please show me.......................if you can.

You're probably the last oen who should post a request like that.

Anyhoo, Rubio = Shaun Livingston without the length.

midatlantic09
06-17-2011, 06:21 AM
He's garbage. If he actually ends up playing in the NBA, he'll get exposed and shipped back overseas.

bluechox2
06-17-2011, 06:33 AM
id take rubio also on the knicks, he just has to work on his picknrolls and practice that 15 foot range jump shot for the pnr. hes already lightning fast and has good dribble.

Semi
06-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats...

That's all you can talk about! It's boring. Maybe 5 percent or less who posted in this thread have seen Rubio play constantly this year. The rest just looks at the stats and talks about how he has bad shot selection, doesn't help his team win, etc. It's amazing how much you can read out of stats. But somehow you got to admit you have no idea how he really performs.

I have no idea too. But I believe that he is a starting PG on one of the best teams in europe and was drafted pretty high and I've seen him in the olympics. So I think all the guys who work for a living in basketball will have a bit more knowledge than all of you keyboard-heros. So shut your mouth till you've seen him play on NBA level (or should I say play in general).

SpanishACB
06-17-2011, 09:35 AM
Complete nonsense.

Rubio is not half as good as Calderon is, and he was not the starter of Barca, that was Victor Sada.

Stat wise Rubio has been top 10 PPG in his worst season in ACB and Euroleague. TOp 5 in assists too, which is what he is all about. Anyone that knows a bit about basketball knows Rubio will not expected to carry his team in scoring. But he will still be a good starting PG, once he gets used to the game.

Guys, there's not much of a Rubio owns bandwagon anymore, so jumping on the opposite bagon, the one were you put him down as hard as possible isn't cool anymore, you're not going against the mainstream guys, just sounding dumb, over and over, on loop.
Get some actual insight, watch games, read articles, compare Rubio's stats to other young PG in Europe, or other PGs period. He is a great prospect, and it's just a pity so many hate him based on dodgy media comments like him being arrogant or only wanting to play for a contender team, that's bullshit and it's pathetic the way people will believe any kind of crap that comes out of tabloids without bothering to check a second source.

It's easier to be guided blindly without having the responsability to actually think for your own, but if you tried once, you'd discover it's rewarding, and more accurate.

You're one of the worst posters I've seen, out of all the forums I've visited, and if your mother loved you a slight bit, she'd end your life and stop all the suffering.

Chapallaz
06-17-2011, 10:28 AM
So I think all the guys who work for a living in basketball will have a bit more knowledge than all of you keyboard-heros.
Let's close message boards then. And TV shows on sports like soccer as well, unless it's Pele & Cruijff talking.

Idiot.

Semi
06-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Let's close message boards then. And TV shows on sports like soccer as well, unless it's Pele & Cruijff talking.

Idiot.

I never said that it's bad to have those things. It's bad when everybody thinks he has an superior opinion. All I'm saying is that we're just watching and those guy's have certainly a bid more knowledge and I think they know what they're doing. I think you're the idiot with your overreaction...

blablabla
06-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats...

That's all you can talk about! It's boring. Maybe 5 percent or less who posted in this thread have seen Rubio play constantly this year. The rest just looks at the stats and talks about how he has bad shot selection, doesn't help his team win, etc. It's amazing how much you can read out of stats. But somehow you got to admit you have no idea how he really performs.

I have no idea too. But I believe that he is a starting PG on one of the best teams in europe and was drafted pretty high and I've seen him in the olympics. So I think all the guys who work for a living in basketball will have a bit more knowledge than all of you keyboard-heros. So shut your mouth till you've seen him play on NBA level (or should I say play in general).
:applause:

Xplicit
06-17-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't think he's ready either, but I don't really look at his numbers in some Euroleague and use that a basis of whether he will be successful or not in the NBA. Remember Brandon Jenning played overseas and put up similar crap numbers before he came to the NBA.

You can't put up good numbers if you don't get the minutes. The FG% worries me though...

Euroleague
06-17-2011, 02:27 PM
But I believe that he is a starting PG on one of the best teams in europe and was drafted pretty high and I've seen him in the olympics. So I think all the guys who work for a living in basketball will have a bit more knowledge than all of you keyboard-heros. So shut your mouth till you've seen him play on NBA level (or should I say play in general).

He was the third best point guard on his team, and 4th best if you count Navarro. And clearly, you have never ever seen Rubio play.

Euroleague
06-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Stat wise Rubio has been top 10 PPG in his worst season in ACB and Euroleague. TOp 5 in assists too, which is what he is all about. Anyone that knows a bit about basketball knows Rubio will not expected to carry his team in scoring. But he will still be a good starting PG, once he gets used to the game.

Guys, there's not much of a Rubio owns bandwagon anymore, so jumping on the opposite bagon, the one were you put him down as hard as possible isn't cool anymore, you're not going against the mainstream guys, just sounding dumb, over and over, on loop.
Get some actual insight, watch games, read articles, compare Rubio's stats to other young PG in Europe, or other PGs period. He is a great prospect, and it's just a pity so many hate him based on dodgy media comments like him being arrogant or only wanting to play for a contender team, that's bullshit and it's pathetic the way people will believe any kind of crap that comes out of tabloids without bothering to check a second source.

It's easier to be guided blindly without having the responsability to actually think for your own, but if you tried once, you'd discover it's rewarding, and more accurate.

You're one of the worst posters I've seen, out of all the forums I've visited, and if your mother loved you a slight bit, she'd end your life and stop all the suffering.

If you think Rubio (one of the worst players in Euroleague) is a top 10 point guard in Euroleague, then you are seriously delusional.

Oh yeah, and Kirk Hinrich is also the best player in the NBA..........:rolleyes: :facepalm

Also, your stats claim is pure BS and lies. He was 12th in Euroleague in assists, not top 5. 3 small forwards and 2 shooting guards even averaged more assists in Euroleague than he did.

Euroleague
06-17-2011, 02:30 PM
I don't think he's ready either, but I don't really look at his numbers in some Euroleague and use that a basis of whether he will be successful or not in the NBA. Remember Brandon Jenning played overseas and put up similar crap numbers before he came to the NBA.

You can't put up good numbers if you don't get the minutes. The FG% worries me though...

Rubio plays around 22-23 minutes a game. Most star players get around 25 minutes a game in Euroleague. What is your point? His numbers are awful by Euroleague standards, just awful. And Brandon Jennings sucks in the NBA. Why people keep bringing him up makes no sense.

Semi
06-17-2011, 03:01 PM
He was the third best point guard on his team, and 4th best if you count Navarro. And clearly, you have never ever seen Rubio play.
I said that I just seen him on the olympics. But I don't take your opinion too high either...

G-train
02-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Just wait til Rubio gets out in the open court in the NBA. 8 apg in his rookie year.

intradasting