PDA

View Full Version : Lets face it Dwight Howard will be a L.A Lakers player next season.

CP_Hornet
06-16-2011, 06:21 PM
It's damn obvious

Dwight won't sign the extension
Lakers have the assets
Dwight's wife is from L.A and is trying to get him to go there
Dwight wants the big market team and the life style.

Come next summer he will push for a trade there and team up with Kobe and Gasol.

step_back
06-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Dwight doing his very best Shaq impression.

And who exactly do the Lakers have to offer? Orlando won't want to build around an inconsistant player like Bynum and everyone else is too old.

Hiei
06-16-2011, 06:27 PM

And who exactly do the Lakers have to offer? Orlando won't want to build around an inconsistant player like Bynum and everyone else is too old.

They don't have much of a choice. It will eventually become take something or nothing.

Theoo's Daddy
06-16-2011, 06:27 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: I don't think orlando loses another of his star to LA.. He will be traded by the Allstar break next season.

CP_Hornet
06-16-2011, 06:29 PM

Bynum is the center piece him and Odom. Bynum can be a perfect replacement for Dwight. Besides all that matters will be who Dwight wants to sign with. He will push any trade. It seems to me he wants L.A and no chance Orlando gets equal value back.

Rose
06-16-2011, 06:31 PM
They don't have much of a choice. It will eventually become take something or nothing.
He has no power. Why doesn't anyone realize this?

Yeah he can walk in free agency. cool! but unless you get a rising star under a long term contract, and the other team is willing to take a bad contract...you don't trade him.

And LA isn't taking Hedo or Arenas. Worse comes to worse, you let Richardson walk this year, let Dwight walk next year, and then the year after that Jameer, Redick, Bass, and Q-rich's deals are off the cap and you can start to really rebuild. And then the next season Gilbert's is gone.

He can't force his way to LA, unless Bynum is willing to go to Orlando because it makes no sense to trade for a guy who's just going to walk, and like I said they're not taking a bad contract. Lakers fans are just wishful thinking on this one.

rodman91
06-16-2011, 06:33 PM
If he will be a Laker and they face up with Heat in finals...who ever wins,humanity loses.

The Emperor
06-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. The leagues best teams, are walking into a trap, as is that Rebel trio. It was I who allowed the Lakers to get swept by Dallas. They are quite safe from those pitiful little teams from now on. An entire legion of my best lakers executives awaits Dwight Howards free agency. Oh, I'm afraid the Lakers will be collecting trophies for the next 10 years...

06-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. The leagues best teams, are walking into a trap, as is that Rebel trio. It was I who allowed the Lakers to get swept by Dallas. They are quite safe from those pitiful little teams from now on. An entire legion of my best lakers executives awaits Dwight Howards free agency. Oh, I'm afraid the Lakers will be collecting trophies for the next 10 years...

Shit just got real

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-16-2011, 06:43 PM
what the fck are you talking about?

step_back
06-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Bynum is the center piece him and Odom. Bynum can be a perfect replacement for Dwight. Besides all that matters will be who Dwight wants to sign with. He will push any trade. It seems to me he wants L.A and no chance Orlando gets equal value back.

Bynum has health issues. He's also not on par with Dwight in any way. Odom is a 31 year old 6th man. Orlando can have better deals with other teams. He is the best center in the NBA after all.

Bring-Your-Js
06-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Shit just got real

:oldlol:

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Bynum has health issues. He's also not on par with Dwight in any way. Odom is a 31 year old 6th man. Orlando can have better deals with other teams. He is the best center in the NBA after all.
better deals to other teams that Dwight is willing to sign a long-term deal with?

CP_Hornet

Doesn't matter if they can get better deals if Dwight won't play there it won't mean shit. Orlando will have to settle for whatever they can get and if Dwight wants to go to L.A that

Shepseskaf
This is actually pretty funny.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-16-2011, 06:48 PM

Sure...other teams may make stronger offers, but Howard has to APPROVE those deals (i.e. be willing to sign with that team). So there are really not many teams.
Seriously, the best trade they can get, and a team Howard would have to consider...the Heat.... Lebron for Howard straight up.

Bring-Your-Js
06-16-2011, 06:49 PM
This is actually pretty funny.

Its ****in great. So long as its not over done.

brain drain
06-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Let's all face it: this all depends on the new CBA.
Supposedly, the owners would like to restrict sign and trades and if that happens, the whole scenario of going to an already top level team is out of the window.

Ironically, this would make the creation of superteams more difficult, but at the same time, the current crop of superteams (Celtics, Lakers, Heat) has been a driving force in the renewed interest in the NBA.

Maybe the NBA shouldn't go the route of "same cap for all teams" but instead do something similar to the UEFA's "financial fair play" rules, which basically says any team can only spend as much money as it makes.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Let's all face it: this all depends on the new CBA.
Supposedly, the owners would like to restrict sign and trades and if that happens, the whole scenario of going to an already top level team is out of the window.

Ironically, this would make the creation of superteams more difficult, but at the same time, the current crop of superteams (Celtics, Lakers, Heat) has been a driving force in the renewed interest in the NBA.

Maybe the NBA shouldn't go the route of "same cap for all teams" but instead do something similar to the UEFA's "financial fair play" rules, which basically says any team can only spend as much money as it makes.
doubt this rule u talk about goes into effect the first year if the new cba.

Theoo's Daddy
06-16-2011, 06:51 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: Sorry but the heat already spoiled the party for ya'll.. No more super teams. Once the CBA is settled, there will be long sad faces.

Noof
06-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Jim Buss loves Bynum too much to trade him.

bagelred
06-16-2011, 06:55 PM

Shit just got fictional.

brain drain
06-16-2011, 06:56 PM
doubt this rule u talk about goes into effect the first year if the new cba.
In fact, this would be on of the first rules to go into effect, because it has long term effects on team expenses, driving them upward.

What would be phased in is the cap. That would probably go down gradually over a few years, because there's no way how teams like Lakers, Celtics, Mavs can get there in one offseason.

But sign and trades could be done away with immediately.

Crown&Coke
06-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Jim Buss loves Bynum too much to trade him.

he would love him even more if he was the piece that helped bring Dwight to LA. He is trying to be taken serious in the Laker organization, if he vetos a deal for Dwight because he likes Bynum his daddy will backhand the stupid off of him.

Orlando aint trading Dwight, unless they get a crazy good offer, and anything the Lakers offer aint gonna be good enough. I got 10 bucks that says they are the team trying to get the whole "franchise tag" in the new CBA. They can always work a S&T if all else fails, not many teams will have the cap room and be a legit contender next year

Theoo's Daddy
06-16-2011, 07:04 PM
he would love him even more if he was the piece that helped bring Dwight to LA. He is trying to be taken serious in the Laker organization, if he vetos a deal for Dwight because he likes Bynum his daddy will backhand the stupid off of him.

Orlando aint trading Dwight, unless they get a crazy good offer, and anything the Lakers offer aint gonna be good enough. I got 10 bucks that says they are the team trying to get the whole "franchise tag" in the new CBA. They can always work a S&T if all else fails, not many teams will have the cap room and be a legit contender next year

:applause: :applause: I agree with you on this.

28renyoy
06-16-2011, 07:33 PM
ITT: Delusional Lakers fans

If OKC or the Bulls want Dwight Howard, there is a 0% chance he ends up in Los Angeles. Well actually Miami could get him too if they offered LeBron.

lakerspng
06-16-2011, 07:37 PM
ITT: Delusional Lakers fans

If OKC or the Bulls want Dwight Howard, there is a 0% chance he ends up in Los Angeles. Well actually Miami could get him too if they offered LeBron.

Actually, delusional is believing that Dwight Howard would sign a long term extension in a city he has no interest in living in. You think he wants to spend 8 months out of the year in OKC? Chicago maybe. OKC no chance.

28renyoy
06-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Actually, delusional is believing that Dwight Howard would sign a long term extension in a city he has no interest in living in. You think he wants to spend 8 months out of the year in OKC? Chicago maybe. OKC no chance.

Where would Dwight Howard go? WHat teams would have cap room for him?

New Jersey? Cleveland? Ya ok brah

LA, New York, Chicago, Miami, Dallas..none of these teams have cap room.

And it doesn't really matter, OKC will own the West for the next decade regardless. Hey at least you can still relieve the glory days of overrated chucker Kome

oldschool4ever
06-16-2011, 08:27 PM

this is like melo and ny knicks. dwight only goes to the lakers, otherwise he won't sign a long term deal. i guess this can turn out to be like lebron leaving cleveland for nothing.

CelticBaller
06-16-2011, 08:29 PM
delusional

oldschool4ever
06-16-2011, 08:31 PM

And it doesn't really matter, OKC will own the West for the next decade regardless. Hey at least you can still relieve the glory days of overrated chucker Kome

did you forget the melo drama this year? he got traded to the knicks cuz he wasn't going to sign with anyone else. he forced denver to trade him to new york. same thing will happen to dwight.

Theoo's Daddy
06-16-2011, 08:35 PM
this is like melo and ny knicks. dwight only goes to the lakers, otherwise he won't sign a long term deal. i guess this can turn out to be like lebron leaving cleveland for nothing.

:no: , it was not for nothing brah., thats too much talent to let go.

The Cleveland Cavaliers agreed to a sign-and-trade deal with the Miami Heat to acquire the rights to five future draft picks and receive a traded player exception for free-agent forward LeBron James, Cavaliers General Manager Chris Grant announced today. Per team and league policy, terms of the contract were not released.

"This deal provides us with multiple key assets and additional flexibility as we move forward for both the short term and beyond," said Cavaliers General Manager Chris Grant.

Cleveland now owns two of Miami's first-round draft picks starting no earlier than 2013 and continuing through 2017, the Heat's 2012 second-round pick from New Orleans, and the future second-round pick Miami acquired from Oklahoma City. Additionally, Cleveland will have the right to swap 2012 first-round picks with the Heat. The trade also gives Cleveland a very large trade exception, which the Cavaliers can now use in trades within one calendar year.

So, to summarize the trade -

oldschool4ever
06-16-2011, 08:46 PM
:no: , it was not for nothing brah., thats too much talent to let go.

my bad. 2 first round picks near the bottom of the round like picks #29 is great along with trade exceptions. and a few 2nd round picks.

The Macho Man
06-16-2011, 08:49 PM
http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/5631512/img/Anonymous/dwighthowardwizards.jpg
Lakers?
Wall gonna be oopin to Howard all day

M.V.W.
06-16-2011, 09:47 PM

sodapop
06-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Nope, Dwight will not be a Laker. The Lakers have nothing to offer Orlando, no trading chips or draft picks. Secondly, Phil Jackson retired. How can the Lakers promise a championship without a tested coach guiding the team? New coach means rebuilding mentally. I don't think Dwight would want to be around that atmosphere. Third, the lockout. If the $45/50 hard cap is introduced, placed, finalized, definitely, 100% certain Dwight will not be a Laker. It's either the NYC, New Orleans, San Antonio, Oklahoma City or Boston. Especially the Knicks or Boston. The only way the Lakers can pick up Dwight is through a three way trade. However I don't see anyone big marketing team desperate in picking up Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom or Ron Artest. It would be a huge risk.

gilalizard
06-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Shit just got real

c'mon man, post the gif too

http://i.imgur.com/eSX5q.gif

TrueRob
06-17-2011, 12:14 AM

Well done. :lol

Mr. Jabbar
06-17-2011, 01:31 AM

:roll:

joshwake
06-17-2011, 02:15 AM
quoting from the classic starwars trilogy will get you nowhere on ISH. Most these kids werent even born yet.

joshwake
06-17-2011, 02:16 AM
http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/5631512/img/Anonymous/dwighthowardwizards.jpg

He's like.. "WTF am I doin in a wizards jersy??!!"

ganja0710
06-17-2011, 02:22 AM

Yeah he can walk in free agency. cool! but unless you get a rising star under a long term contract, and the other team is willing to take a bad contract...you don't trade him.

And LA isn't taking Hedo or Arenas. Worse comes to worse, you let Richardson walk this year, let Dwight walk next year, and then the year after that Jameer, Redick, Bass, and Q-rich's deals are off the cap and you can start to really rebuild. And then the next season Gilbert's is gone.

He can't force his way to LA, unless Bynum is willing to go to Orlando because it makes no sense to trade for a guy who's just going to walk, and like I said they're not taking a bad contract. Lakers fans are just wishful thinking on this one.
:sleeping

YOU DUMB BRAH?

Magic Vinsanity
06-17-2011, 05:09 AM
Lakers have the assets.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

b0bab0i
06-17-2011, 05:22 AM

La clippers, dwight and Blake = ultimate rebounding duo

Semi
06-17-2011, 05:30 AM
I think he will land in LA. They have a history of beeing able to build around a superstar and win championships. If everything plays out like the Melo-drama, which means he decides where to go, than it will be LA.
What other options would Dwight consider? I think he is a guy who likes to be in a big market team with the spotlight and also warm weather. So I guess there goes the Chicago and OKC theory. Who else do we've got? I don't think Miami trades anything a year into its project. Even though they would be better off with a big man instead of two guards who are superstars.
So there only stands LA. And you know they can pull something like this off. They almost enterly through their history had the most dominating center of the league. History shows.

coin24
06-17-2011, 06:05 AM
How does anyone think Orlando has much of a say in this?:confusedshrug:

It will play out the same as it did with Melo. No one will trade anything of value unless he agrees to sign with them. Who would trade valuable pieces for a half a season of Dwight??

If he wants to join the Lakers (smart choice IMO) as if they wouldnt give up any combo of Artest/Odom/Bynum/Gasol. Pick and choose whichever i dont think it matters.. Lakers could prob do with a pg/backup sg aswell seeing as brown turned to garbage.. I dont see any other teams being able to offer much and it still being a good situation for him, plus those teams wouldnt exactly be big markets etc...

Orlando pretty much have to trade him otherwise he leaves and they have jack shit, the team sucks apart from Dwight. Pretty sure with a new arena etc and the ammount they are spending on contracts they dont want to go into full rebuild mode.
Also, they need to fire Otis straight up, and look for a new head coach. That moron SVG has no idea how to utilise the players he has. :banghead:

monkeypox
06-17-2011, 06:11 AM

Lol, I actually imagined the emperors voice getting comically high pitched at the end of this.

JohnnySic
06-17-2011, 07:29 AM
Dwight Howard is a limited player. He's not leading any team anywhere without another major star (scorer), especially not an aging team. LOL at any team that overspends to get him.

He'd fit perfectly in NY where he'd have 2 major scorers to handle that part of the game.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-17-2011, 07:41 AM
The main difference with the Melo situation is that LA can't sign Dwight in free agency like the Knicks could have with Melo. And that does make a huge difference.

Dwight says to the Magic, "I'll only play for the Lakers".

Orlando says "well we aren't going to trade you there, what you going to do?"

And what can Dwight say? "LA is going to trade all their long term contracts for expirers just so I can play there" (not going to happen) "I'll find another team to do a sign and trade with LA" (almost certainly never going to happen) or "I'll go to a different team then" (giving up his bargaining chip).

BlackWhiteGreen
06-17-2011, 07:44 AM
How does anyone think Orlando has much of a say in this?:confusedshrug:

It will play out the same as it did with Melo. No one will trade anything of value unless he agrees to sign with them. Who would trade valuable pieces for a half a season of Dwight??

If he wants to join the Lakers (smart choice IMO) as if they wouldnt give up any combo of Artest/Odom/Bynum/Gasol. Pick and choose whichever i dont think it matters.. Lakers could prob do with a pg/backup sg aswell seeing as brown turned to garbage.. I dont see any other teams being able to offer much and it still being a good situation for him, plus those teams wouldnt exactly be big markets etc...

Orlando pretty much have to trade him otherwise he leaves and they have jack shit, the team sucks apart from Dwight. Pretty sure with a new arena etc and the ammount they are spending on contracts they dont want to go into full rebuild mode.
Also, they need to fire Otis straight up, and look for a new head coach. That moron SVG has no idea how to utilise the players he has. :banghead:

I don't see why Orlando wants any part of Artest or even Gasol. And if they do trade him anywhere, Arenas and/or Hedo is going with him.

24r2
06-17-2011, 07:53 AM
Shit just got real

vitamink420
06-17-2011, 10:59 AM

That was epic

I really don't think the Lakers have any realistic way of getting Dwight. If Otis refuses to trade him there they don't have enough to sign him next season. And I can't think of anyone from the Lakers I'd want on the Magic unless we get Kobe :roll:

Doctor Rivers
06-17-2011, 11:24 AM
That was epic

I really don't think the Lakers have any realistic way of getting Dwight. If Otis refuses to trade him there they don't have enough to sign him next season. And I can't think of anyone from the Lakers I'd want on the Magic unless we get Kobe :roll:

The Lakers should trade Kobe.

G - Fisher
SG - Odom
SF - Gasol
PF - Howard
C - Bynum

UNSTOPPABLE

KingBeasley08
06-17-2011, 11:27 AM
:lol :bowdown:

k-SkiLLz
06-17-2011, 12:36 PM
inspite of all ur ideas, I still don't want him to L.A :lol
:rockon:

DirtySanchez
06-17-2011, 12:50 PM
OK I think the way it works is if the Magic do not find a way to trade Howard this year he can go any where he chooses next off season correct?

I was reading people here saying Howard has to be traded NEXT off season which I don't get. He should be free to do what he wants like James did right?

If that's the case it forces the Magic's hand to gamble on him resigning with them sometime during this season or trading him sometime this season.

If that's the case Howard can play that I want to go where I want or I will not sign extension there.

D12"Magic"
06-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Deron and Dwight can build a dynasty in Brooklyn.

TrueRob
08-14-2012, 04:55 PM
:lol

BlackVVaves
08-14-2012, 05:43 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: I don't think orlando loses another of his star to LA.. He will be traded by the Allstar break next season.

He has no power. Why doesn't anyone realize this? Yeah he can walk in free agency. cool! but unless you get a rising star under a long term contract, and the other team is willing to take a bad contract...you don't trade him.

delusional

Nope, Dwight will not be a Laker. The Lakers have nothing to offer Orlando, no trading chips or draft picks. Secondly, Phil Jackson retired. How can the Lakers promise a championship without a tested coach guiding the team? New coach means rebuilding mentally. I don't think Dwight would want to be around that atmosphere. Third, the lockout. If the $45/50 hard cap is introduced, placed, finalized, definitely, 100% certain Dwight will not be a Laker. It's either the NYC, New Orleans, San Antonio, Oklahoma City or Boston. Especially the Knicks or Boston. The only way the Lakers can pick up Dwight is through a three way trade. However I don't see anyone big marketing team desperate in picking up Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom or Ron Artest. It would be a huge risk.

The Iron Fist
08-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Deron and Dwight can build a dynasty in Brooklyn.
This hurt will last long.

Heavincent
08-14-2012, 06:33 PM

Best gimmick ever.

G-Funk
08-14-2012, 07:00 PM
lol fa99ots

Batz
08-14-2012, 07:09 PM

Wishful thinking. Taking on Hedo. Bynum to Orlando. Awww Rosez. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: