PDA

View Full Version : Just a got a Scooter... pretty sick. No really.

Swaggin916
06-20-2011, 02:00 AM
http://www.thescootersolution.com/images/LKY%202%20Motobravo.jpg

So ya there it is. A Roma Hornet (Mine's black tho). 149 CC street and freeway (tho I would never ride it on the freeway) legal scooter. Reaches top speeds of about 65 (If I get pretty low otherwise around 60) and somewhere between 75-90 MPG. I got it because my car is getting old and starting to have problems... and I figured at the MPG hell it would pay for itself. It has pretty good get up and go... I mean not many cars are going to beat that little thing off the line... but the coolest thing about it is that it looks like an actual sport bike. I couldn't ride around one of those little Vespa's or something... just looks too retarded IMO although they are still fun to ride around in. Anyway it cost me about 2 grand after taxes and I think it's pretty sick.

One of these days if all goes well with the scooter and I'm still in one piece I'll go for a real sportbike, but I think this is a good little starter to learn on and it's really convenient. You don't even need a motorcycle license for it. I'm kind of curious as to what an actual sportbike rider thinks of these (everyoen else seems to think it's tight)... is it a pretty cool idea? or just a phony sportbike scooter thing? Either way I'm havin fun with it and saving money and that's what counts.

Scoooter
06-20-2011, 02:47 AM
Amen.

Samurai Swoosh
06-20-2011, 02:52 AM
Swag !!! Nice haul.

Swaggin916
06-20-2011, 04:02 AM
Thanks SS and Scoot how did I know you would post here? :lol

LJJ
06-20-2011, 04:24 AM
Those scooters that are 'pretend-motorcycles' are the worst thing in existence.

You look like an idiot on something that looks like a sportsbike, and then when you drive away it sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

Quizno
06-20-2011, 04:32 AM

You look like an idiot on something that looks like a sportsbike, and then when you drive away it sounds like a vacuum cleaner.
haaaterrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Swaggin916
06-20-2011, 07:08 PM

Actually it doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9pwfVIPiWM

that's what it sounds like if the audio works for you (wasn't working for me). Got a nice purr to it.

rezznor
06-20-2011, 07:24 PM
http://www.thescootersolution.com/images/LKY%202%20Motobravo.jpg

So ya there it is. A Roma Hornet (Mine's black tho). 149 CC street and freeway (tho I would never ride it on the freeway) legal scooter. Reaches top speeds of about 65 (If I get pretty low otherwise around 60) and somewhere between 75-90 MPG. I got it because my car is getting old and starting to have problems... and I figured at the MPG hell it would pay for itself. It has pretty good get up and go... I mean not many cars are going to beat that little thing off the line... but the coolest thing about it is that it looks like an actual sport bike. I couldn't ride around one of those little Vespa's or something... just looks too retarded IMO although they are still fun to ride around in. Anyway it cost me about 2 grand after taxes and I think it's pretty sick.

One of these days if all goes well with the scooter and I'm still in one piece I'll go for a real sportbike, but I think this is a good little starter to learn on and it's really convenient. You don't even need a motorcycle license for it. I'm kind of curious as to what an actual sportbike rider thinks of these (everyoen else seems to think it's tight)... is it a pretty cool idea? or just a phony sportbike scooter thing? Either way I'm havin fun with it and saving money and that's what counts.

I'm sorry man, but I would never ride a 150cc that looked like this. you wouldn't even be able to take it on the freeway. it reminds me of those kids who plaster spoilers and mugen power stickers all over their stock civics. who are you trying to kid? I have more respect for the guy riding a Vespa.

you can buy a real sport bike for 2 grand used. Just start off with a 600cc. that's what I did (used honda cbr 600 first, then a new yamaha r1 later on)

BRabbiT
06-20-2011, 07:28 PM
nice. damn:pimp:

rezznor
06-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Yo Rezz, any recommendations for something more around $1K? For a beginner. Never rode at all, not even once. But I've been kind of wanting to get one lately.

get a used bike, I wouldn't get anything over a 600cc to start off with. even that is plenty of power tbh. for $1000 you will be getting one that's several years old but that's fine, there's a good chance you will be going down while you are learning it anyways.

i've owned an r1 and cbr but have ridden various friend's ninja 750, cbr 1000, gsxr 750 and 1000, yamaha r6 and a ducati. also, taking a riding class. I think the r6 and cbr 600 were the easiest bikes to handle and learn on from my personal experience.

be careful out there, I had a friend who was a VERY good rider get killed. it wasn't even his fault, a van ran a red light. he had full gear on but the crash broke his neck and killed him instantly.

Balla_Status
06-20-2011, 08:33 PM
http://inlinethumb02.webshots.com/22209/2908865460030506968S425x425Q85.jpg

Should've just gotten one of those if you're looking for a scooter. Not a poser motorcycle.

rezznor
06-20-2011, 08:38 PM
http://inlinethumb02.webshots.com/22209/2908865460030506968S425x425Q85.jpg

Should've just gotten one of those if you're looking for a scooter. Not a poser motorcycle.

agreed. i would honestly ride one of these before I would ever let myself be seen on that OP picture

http://www.carphotomobil.com/scooter/vespa/S_50_4V_2008/VESPA_S_50_4V_scooter_wallpapers_2009_01.jpg

I promised my wife I wouldn't ride again after I got married though, but I think I have a loophole if I got a spyder :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__0QWwDIuEx8/TCOQWFDRR1I/AAAAAAAAAlU/6_KF5zAwSGY/s1600/Can-AM_Spyder_rr34.jpg

Godzuki
06-20-2011, 08:39 PM
that looks like a bike to me, aka sport bike/motorcycle. they really call that a scooter? i thought scooters had them corny frames that dip down on the front where there is that big gap, and some big fat seat, where its like one of those kick and go bicycles.

thats actually a pimp bike imo.

rezznor
06-20-2011, 08:40 PM
that looks like a bike to me, aka sport bike/motorcycle. they really call that a scooter? i thought scooters had them corny frames that dip down on the front where there is that big gap, and some big fat seat, where its like one of those kick and go bicycles.

thats actually a pimp bike imo.
150 cc, top speed is 60 mph. it's just a step above from one of these

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zpSGU1RZFS4/Sq7Rkb9EkMI/AAAAAAAAAk0/MCoxnw6o6-8/s400/Pocket+Bike.jpg

Godzuki
06-20-2011, 08:42 PM
150 cc, top speed is 60 mph. it's just a step above from one of these

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zpSGU1RZFS4/Sq7Rkb9EkMI/AAAAAAAAAk0/MCoxnw6o6-8/s400/Pocket+Bike.jpg

oh damn i guess its a lot smaller than i thought then

Swaggin916
06-20-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm sorry man, but I would never ride a 150cc that looked like this. you wouldn't even be able to take it on the freeway. it reminds me of those kids who plaster spoilers and mugen power stickers all over their stock civics. who are you trying to kid? I have more respect for the guy riding a Vespa.

you can buy a real sport bike for 2 grand used. Just start off with a 600cc. that's what I did (used honda cbr 600 first, then a new yamaha r1 later on)

Well I respect your opinion. I figured a lot of actual riders would feel this way.
In response to your points tho.

1. I have to get a motorcycle license for that (Not that it's hard but whatev still a hassle)

2. You may have more respect for someone riding a Vespa, but 95% of the population probably wouldn't... and what girl would want a guy riding around in Vespa or equivalent? This ain't Vietnam.

3. This get's better gas mileage than a 600... I was thinking more like 250 CC Ninja if I was to get a bike to start with.

4. It's automatic... Don't' have to worry about changing gears, can just ride.

5. I wanted something new. Not a huge fan of used things.

true enough I can't drive it on the freeway, but that's not what it's for. I have a car for that... It's already worrysoem (although thrilling) going 55-60. In the end I'm really not trying to trick anyone... My goal was to get something that looked nice, was a quick easy buy, easy to drive, great MPG, and wouldn't tempt me to go superfast. I'm not a thrillseeker really... Just a guy trying to save some money but not look a goober while doing it.

Jasper
06-20-2011, 09:24 PM
I think that scooter looks pretty sharp.
Obviously its a commuter ride , town stuff.
I am wondering is it electric or gas ?

How tall are you ?
Does it seem like your riding a toy , or more less a real bike :confusedshrug:

Any commuter I always say how can you carry anything.
Obviously most street bikes will have saddle bags or portable bags to carry 6 paks etc ..

Kind of defeats the purpose of a bike like this other than visiting friends or headed to the courts .

Lebowsky
06-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Honestly, I've never understood what the appeal of a scooter can be. Shifting gears and the possibilities and freedom it gives you is what makes a bike fun imo. Of course, it depends on if you want it for getting from A to B or, on the other hand, you enjoy riding.

Swaggin916
06-20-2011, 09:45 PM
I think that scooter looks pretty sharp.
Obviously its a commuter ride , town stuff.
I am wondering is it electric or gas ?

How tall are you ?
Does it seem like your riding a toy , or more less a real bike :confusedshrug:

Any commuter I always say how can you carry anything.
Obviously most street bikes will have saddle bags or portable bags to carry 6 paks etc ..

Kind of defeats the purpose of a bike like this other than visiting friends or headed to the courts .

It's gas... average seems to be about 80 mpg.

I'm 5'11 and to me it feel's like I'm riding a real bike. That guy in the video said he was 6'1 or something so look at him and see what he looks like riding it. Looks normal to me. My friend is 6'2 and he looked normal when he drove it around for a bit.

It has a compartment that you can fit your helmet into... so it's a pretty big space. Could easily fit a 6 pack in there... a bag full of groceries... I stuck my chipotle bag in there the other day and i could fit like 4 or 5 more of em. Yes I got chips so it wasn't just a burrito either.

but yea I mean my job right now is about 15 miles from where I live and it's all backroads to get there... and then my dad's house is 18 miles away (I got there a couple times a week about) and I just figure that's at the very least gallon in gas in my Nissan Sentra round trip (and I mean at the very least). so I save more than twice.. almost 3 times the money on gas. But yea I mean it's around town stuff. That's all I need a vehicle for ATM. My other job I do need to take the freeway... but they lay me off and bring me back on all the time so I'm here and there and it's totally worth it to have something like this on the side.

Balla_Status
06-20-2011, 09:46 PM
chicks dig scooters too

Lebowsky
06-20-2011, 09:55 PM
chicks dig scooters too
Chicks dig bikes waaaaaaaaaaay more.

Jailblazers7
06-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Yeah, idk how I would feel about riding an automatic especially if I was looking for a bike. I'll never get a bike tho because I'm the type of foolhardy asshole that would kill himself within the first week.

Scholar
06-20-2011, 09:58 PM

I was digging what you're saying until this.
WTF kind of advice is that?
:rolleyes:
Start off on a 600?! It doesn't work for everybody, bro. Don't ever give that kind of advice to someone who hasn't owned or operated a motorcycle before.
I personally own a Ninja 250R. If you're just learning to ride, start off on something small. It'll help you develop your riding technique at a better pace.
Remember: Don't make your first bike your last bike.
I can't believe anybody would give advice like that. That's just terrible.

RaininThrees
06-20-2011, 10:11 PM
Whats the old joke?

What do a fat chick and a scooter have in common?

They're fun to ride, but you don't want your friends to find out.

rezznor
06-20-2011, 10:48 PM
Chicks dig bikes waaaaaaaaaaay more.
real bikes, not "scooter bikes"

rezznor
06-20-2011, 10:50 PM
It's gas... average seems to be about 80 mpg.

I'm 5'11 and to me it feel's like I'm riding a real bike. That guy in the video said he was 6'1 or something so look at him and see what he looks like riding it. Looks normal to me. My friend is 6'2 and he looked normal when he drove it around for a bit.

It has a compartment that you can fit your helmet into... so it's a pretty big space. Could easily fit a 6 pack in there... a bag full of groceries... I stuck my chipotle bag in there the other day and i could fit like 4 or 5 more of em. Yes I got chips so it wasn't just a burrito either.

but yea I mean my job right now is about 15 miles from where I live and it's all backroads to get there... and then my dad's house is 18 miles away (I got there a couple times a week about) and I just figure that's at the very least gallon in gas in my Nissan Sentra round trip (and I mean at the very least). so I save more than twice.. almost 3 times the money on gas. But yea I mean it's around town stuff. That's all I need a vehicle for ATM. My other job I do need to take the freeway... but they lay me off and bring me back on all the time so I'm here and there and it's totally worth it to have something like this on the side.

how about a dirt bike? those are pretty fun

Lebowsky
06-20-2011, 11:13 PM
real bikes, not "scooter bikes"
That's what I said when someone said chicks dig scooters.

rezznor
06-20-2011, 11:42 PM
That's what I said when someone said chicks dig scooters.
:bowdown:

rezznor
07-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Just saw one of these, or one like it. Gotta say, it's like the scooter equivalent of a bald guy combing his hair over and hoping no one will notice that he's bald.
LOL. what an apt metaphor

Kobe Jnr
07-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Yo Rezz, any recommendations for something more around $1K? For a beginner. Never rode at all, not even once. But I've been kind of wanting to get one lately.

Little queer

Kobe Jnr
07-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Just saw one of these, or one like it. Gotta say, it's like the scooter equivalent of a bald guy combing his hair over and hoping no one will notice that he's bald.
http://www.admedia.co.uk/blog/uploaded_images/naked-rider-753286.jpg

I know you'll be doing this.

Draz
07-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Swag. So where does your girl ride? Do you guys take turns riding or? Lol

Axe
01-23-2021, 06:45 AM
I got my own too today. First time to own one.

Nanners
01-23-2021, 08:48 AM
SCOOTAH, ARE YOU READY?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YxTa1AUqps

AirBonner
01-23-2021, 07:32 PM
I got my own too today. First time to own one.

That’s because you don’t have a license. You don’t actually have to be anywhere because you have no job

Axe
01-23-2021, 08:55 PM
That’s because you don’t have a license. You don’t actually have to be anywhere because you have no job
Magatard at it with the envy once again jejeje