PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Dunn of MTV's Jackass dead in car accident

TMT
06-20-2011, 11:44 AM
WEST GOSHEN, Pa. - Fox 29 News has learned that Ryan Dunn of MTV's "Jackass" series died in an early morning crash Monday in Chester County, Pa.

Police in West Goshen confirmed a fatal accident occurred but were not immediately releasing any other details.

Fox 29 News spoke to April Margera, mother of "Jackass" star Bam Margera, who said she was told Dunn was killed in the wreck.

MTV issued this statement to its Twitter account late Monday morning: "We're deeply saddened by the passing of a member of the MTV family, Ryan Dunn. Our hearts and thoughts are with his friends and family."

MTV News encouraged fans to share condolences with the Dunn and "Jackass" families at this link .

April Margera said Dunn was like a son to her and called her every Mother's Day. She also said a second person died in the crash, which happened around 3 a.m. Fox 29 News is withholding that person's name until police confirm the identity.

April Margera said she did not know who was driving the car, and there may have been a third occupant.

The crash kept Route 322 closed between New Street and Pottstown Pike for much of the morning. Motorists were advised to use Ashbridge Street to avoid the closure before the road reopened around 9:30 a.m.

TMZ is reporting that just hours before his death, Dunn posted a photo on his Twitter account showing himself drinking with friends.

Dunn, 34, appeared in all three of the "Jackass" movies, the latest being "Jackass 3D." He also had a one-season run with a show of his own, called "Homewrecker," on which he helped practical jokes victims get revenge.

Sad news, especially if you're a fan of the show/movies. Discuss.

pete's montreux
06-20-2011, 11:49 AM
apparently this is what's left of the car

http://www.flickr.com/photos/subewl/5853007322/in/photostream/#/

Lebron23
06-20-2011, 11:58 AM
I saw it on IMDb. RIP Ryan Dunn.

rufuspaul
06-20-2011, 12:03 PM

:eek:

AI3Anthony
06-20-2011, 12:04 PM

:eek: :wtf:

Godzuki
06-20-2011, 12:08 PM
if he's the dude i'm thinking of, i thought he was Bam's brother. i'm assuming this is the tall skinny, long haired hippy looking one? that lived with the Margera's?

i'm surprised more tragic stuff hasn't happened to these dudes.

Harrison_Barnes
06-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Holy shit :eek:

RIP Ryan Dunn.

Brujesino
06-20-2011, 12:11 PM
Sucks but i wont miss him.Jackass guys are retarded anyways.

Scholar
06-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Damn! I hate to jump to conclusions but somebody must've been drinking and driving.
RIP

simcjt
06-20-2011, 12:18 PM
They were actually held back from a lot of stuff in Jackass.

You should check out some of the shit they did with CKY
http://youtu.be/L0LUi69JFsI

simcjt
06-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Damn! I hate to jump to conclusions but somebody must've been drinking and driving.
RIP
TMZ already posted some pictures showing that he was drinking and hanging out before the crash.

Don't believe they know who was driving though.

AI3Anthony
06-20-2011, 12:21 PM

This is seriously a dick thing to say about anyone's death. Grow up.

Brujesino
06-20-2011, 12:23 PM
They were actually held back from a lot of stuff in Jackass.

You should check out some of the shit they did with CKY
http://youtu.be/L0LUi69JFsI
I might have found that funny when i was in Jr High.

glidedrxlr22
06-20-2011, 12:23 PM
Damn. I just saw Jackass 3 and saw an episode of Ryan Dunn's show on G4. Sad and tragic.

Brujesino
06-20-2011, 12:24 PM
This is seriously a dick thing to say about anyone's death. Grow up.
What that it sucks he died BUT i wont miss him.This guy did nothing of value.People want to talk about why Kim Kardashian is popular?Why are these ****s popular too?

simcjt
06-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Those films came out in 2000 so you probably were in jr high missing this stuff

AI3Anthony
06-20-2011, 12:27 PM
What that it sucks he died BUT i wont miss him.This guy did nothing of value.People want to talk about why Kim Kardashian is popular?Why are these ****s popular too?
Because they provided entertainment. What have YOU done with YOUR life? Nothing. So worry about your own life and not others.

Brujesino
06-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Because they provided entertainment. What have YOU done with YOUR life? Nothing. So worry about your own life and not others.
I am worried about my life.If you read what i posted it would be very clear that i didnt give a shit about his life but that it sucks when people die.

niko
06-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Why ****ing post then? Why bother? The dude died, post a new thread where you discuss things like why KK is popular or not. Because when someone dies and you say "i don't miss him" you sound like a dick. Are you a dick?

Bosnian Sajo
06-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Thats sad :/ I liked him

Godzuki
06-20-2011, 12:34 PM

if u don't fiind any of the Jackass's funny/entertaining at all, then you have to have a Dick Cheney like personality. i find it hard to believe anyone could sit thru all of that and not find any of it the least bit funny/entertaining...

Brujesino
06-20-2011, 12:36 PM
if u don't fiind any of the Jackass's funny/entertaining at all, then you have to have a Dick Cheney like personality. i find it hard to believe anyone could sit thru all of that and not find any of it the least bit funny/entertaining...
But dont you respect me poodle/smokee/godzuki?I'm going against the majority of the poster here they are all ganging up on me!

Brujesino
06-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Why ****ing post then? Why bother? The dude died, post a new thread where you discuss things like why KK is popular or not. Because when someone dies and you say "i don't miss him" you sound like a dick. Are you a dick?
Why post? come on now seriously?Its a messageboard your supposed to post opinions and thoughts i just happen to post one that isnt very popular and indeed dick-ish.

I guess i'll stop posting because people get offended when i dont care about a dude who stuck shit up his ass died.

Godzuki
06-20-2011, 12:39 PM
But dont you respect me poodle/smokee/godzuki?I'm going against the majority of the poster here they are all ganging up on me!

if they were being dikkheads then sure, but somehow i doubt you ever watched a Jackass movie to know wtf you're talking about regarding it being only entertainig for young kids.

AI3Anthony
06-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Why post? come on now seriously?Its a messageboard your supposed to post opinions and thoughts i just happen to post one that isnt very popular and indeed dick-ish.

I guess i'll stop posting because people get offended when i dont care about a dude who stuck shit up his ass died.

You keep digging yourself deeper and deeper

pollackjack
06-20-2011, 01:07 PM
You keep digging yourself deeper and deeper

Kind of like Ryan Dunn. More like Ryan DONE. Am I right? Because he's dead... And its a homonym.

Seriously though, why DO people care if one of the guys from Jackass died in an accident. Or more importantly, why are they shocked? These were guys who's incessant giggling while they got hit in the nuts became completely needed when YouTube came along, I'm surprised they all haven't died of drug overdoses because they are completely irrelevant. If he hadn't died, nobody would be wondering where Ryan Dunn was today. This is the best possible thing that could have happened to him for his fans because at least he got to die young instead of being the sad lonely drunk who sadly recalls the glory days of his youth wherein he laughed while one of his friends fell in poop.

niko
06-20-2011, 01:24 PM

I didn't say don't post. You are adding nothing to THIS discussion though. So why post here?

My 4 yr old daughter hate snails (i'm going somewhere here). Her friend got a snail. So, her friend and 3 other girls are playing with it. My daughter keps saying "I DON'T LIKE SNAILS". Her point was "stop looking at it because I don't like it so i want all of you to stop doing it". It was selfish and i explained to her why and she got it.

You are doing the SAME thing. Basically I DONT CARE ABOUT THIS PERSON which basically means "STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM BECAUSE I DONT WANT YOU TO". Except my assumption is you are not four.

irondarts
06-20-2011, 01:40 PM
R.i.p.

Ol Dirty Bastard
06-20-2011, 01:57 PM
RIP R.Dunn

CKY tapes used to be a source of entertainment back in high school.

Gunnin4HoLeS
06-20-2011, 02:16 PM
I am worried about my life.If you read what i posted it would be very clear that i didnt give a shit about his life but that it sucks when people die.
Well i guess your trying to say that its a sad story but he had no impact on your life whatsoever.. if so maybe you shouldnt have an opinion. Because your not gonna be "right" no matter what you say.

chazzy
06-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Damn. I randomly watched Jackass 3.5 late last night.. rip

Godzuki
06-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Damn. I randomly watched Jackass 3.5 late last night.. rip

yeah its been coming on on some channel 24/7. i watched it saturday or so~

Styles p
06-20-2011, 02:38 PM
lol at all the people in here that are jealous they cant be rich and famous for getting drunk and doing dumb shit with their friends. i've been a fan of these guys since i was in middle school i had some of the cky videos before jackass even came out. i also met dunn at fdr skatepark a few years ago he was there with bam. r.i.p

OhNoTimNoSho
06-20-2011, 02:39 PM

Just to contrast, how many people you think care that he died? thousands probably tens of thousands... if you died right now, how many people you think would care? 3 maybe 4?

Hazard
06-20-2011, 02:50 PM
RIP to him and his beard.

Bladers
06-20-2011, 03:06 PM
As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth. For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.

We should all take lessons in this...
Life is but a vapor; "that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."
One minute you're here and next min you're gone.

And after death comes "the judgment." May God have mercy on his soul.

tomtucker
06-20-2011, 04:58 PM
:( he was the most likeble of the jackass crew........not like that homo chris pontius that allways has to be naked and with his dick out :mad: ............."Homewrecker" was fun too........so :cry:

Jackass18
06-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Damn, this sucks. Thanks for the entertainment you provided over the years. RIP Ryan Dunn.

InspiredLebowski
06-20-2011, 05:26 PM
He was driving at 110 on a 35mph road at 3:30 am, possibly intoxicated, and killed his passenger.

bagelred
06-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Ouch.

Who else besides me googled his name to see which guy he was? I don't know any of their names except Knoxville and Steve-O.

-playmaker-
06-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Rip

:(

MeloMike
06-20-2011, 05:38 PM
You drink and drive, shit happens. RIP to his friend. Thankfully he didn't get anyone else killed.

Plenty of other people dying due to uncontrollable circumstances to feel sorry for someone who drinks and drives. But since he's famous, he gets recognized.

Yes, I've lost 2 friends because of a drunk driver.

Gunnin4HoLeS
06-20-2011, 05:41 PM
You drink and drive, shit happens. RIP to his friend. Thankfully he didn't get anyone else killed.

Plenty of other people dying due to uncontrollable circumstances to feel sorry for someone who drinks and drives. But since he's famous, he gets recognized.

Yes, I've lost 2 friends because of a drunk driver.
being drunk and driving is definitely dumb.. i just wish he didnt have to learn his lesson by dying or killing someone else...

Gundress
06-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Got damn.....RIP to him.:(

SayQueensbridge
06-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Ryan Dunn gone ... our niigga dead ... :cry:

kentatm
06-20-2011, 05:57 PM
being drunk and driving is definitely dumb.. i just wish he didnt have to learn his lesson by dying or killing someone else...

that person was probably just as drunk as he was

they made their decision to get into the car just like he did

hate to sound cruel but if you die as a passenger of a drunk driver, you only have yourself to blame.

deion2123
06-20-2011, 06:12 PM
sorry he died but Jackass passed its prime after jackass 2..they stopped being funny afer that and were just redundant

BRabbiT
06-20-2011, 07:31 PM
rip.

Hazard
06-20-2011, 07:46 PM
that person was probably just as drunk as he was

they made their decision to get into the car just like he did

hate to sound cruel but if you die as a passenger of a drunk driver, you only have yourself to blame.
So if you go out and your only way to get back home is to go with the person that drove you, and he decides to get nice and shit faced and try to pull stupid maneuvers the whole ride back and ends up killing himself and you in the process. You're saying you would be the one at fault for not having the presence of mind in an altered state to not get in a car with him?

Kungfro
06-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Honestly I'm surprised he's the first one of them to die.

I'm sure steve-o would have been dead by now if he didn't go clean.

BRabbiT
06-20-2011, 07:58 PM
He was driving at 110 on a 35mph road at 3:30 am, possibly intoxicated, and killed his passenger.

As TMZ reported, Dunn was driving the Porsche early Monday morning -- when he lost control, veered off the road, and crashed in a wooded area in Pennsylvania ... killing Dunn and an unidentified passenger.

When officers arrived to the scene, the car was engulfed in flames. The charred remains of the vehicle were eventually towed away.

Cops are investigating the cause of the accident -- but officials believe speed may have been a factor.

TMZ has learned the Chester County Coroner is currently conducting an autopsy on Ryan Dunn ... to determine, among other things, if alcohol played a role in the "Jackass" star's death.

In addition, we're told the coroner is performing an autopsy on Ryan's unidentified passenger -- who was also killed in the fatal car crash this morning.

As we previously reported, friends claim Ryan had upwards of six drinks before getting behind the wheel ... and driving off a Pennsylvania highway.

So far, no word on when toxicology results will be released.

Ryan Dunn's Porsche 911 GT3 -- the car he was driving during his fatal crash this morning -- was capable of hitting speeds around 190 miles per hour ... and TMZ has obtained photos of the vehicle

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/06/20/0620-dunn-porsche-subasset-02-credit.jpg

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/06/20/0620-dunn-porsche-ex-01-credit.jpg

:wtf:

fwiw, it's too soon for these types of comments (imo)..

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/06/20/0620-tweet-roger-ebert-credit.jpg

rezznor
06-20-2011, 07:59 PM
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/06/20/0620-ryan-twitpic-asset.jpg

AirTupac
06-20-2011, 08:03 PM
So if you go out and your only way to get back home is to go with the person that drove you, and he decides to get nice and shit faced and try to pull stupid maneuvers the whole ride back and ends up killing himself and you in the process. You're saying you would be the one at fault for not having the presence of mind in an altered state to not get in a car with him?

No one is holding a gun to your head telling you to get in the car. You can call a friend / cab to come pick you up.

tpols
06-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Bottom line if you're drunk, and you knowingly step into a car with your drunk buddy, you better not have hard feelings against him if you two were to meet in the afterlife because you knew what you were doing, and you would have been in the same exact position potentially if you had driven yourself.

Beavis
06-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Bottom line if you're drunk, and you knowingly step into a car with your drunk buddy, you better not have hard feelings against him if you two were to meet in the afterlife because you knew what you were doing, and you would have been in the same exact position potentially if you had driven yourself.

But you're not suppose to drink and drive idiot.

Hazard
06-20-2011, 08:53 PM
The point is that its not knowingly when you're too drunk to know that you're stepping into a potentially dangerous situation. You cant gauge how messed up someone is when the room is spinning.

Brujesino
06-20-2011, 08:55 PM
As we previously reported, friends claim Ryan had upwards of six drinks before getting behind the wheel ... and driving off a Pennsylvania highway.

Well aint that nice, some friends knew how many drinks he had and just let him drive.

tpols
06-20-2011, 09:25 PM
The point is that its not knowingly when you're too drunk to know that you're stepping into a potentially dangerous situation. You cant gauge how messed up someone is when the room is spinning.
Do you honestly think this is the first time these guys have done this?:oldlol:

These aren't 16 year olds getting drunk for the first time and taking a drive afterwards. These are former coke heads and alcoholics who have done much, much more dangerous stuff in their lives than driving a car while intoxicated.

ThaSwagg3r
06-20-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm with you. I mean RIP to Ryan Dunn, but I just don't care about any of those guys either. People die everyday anyways so I don't know why people are so offensive.

Styles p
06-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Do you honestly think this is the first time these guys have done this?:oldlol:

These aren't 16 year olds getting drunk for the first time and taking a drive afterwards. These are former coke heads and alcoholics who have done much, much more dangerous stuff in their lives than driving a car while intoxicated.

exactly, have any of you guys ever gone out to a bar drinking? if you drive there you don't want to leave your car there especially when you have shit to do the next day and have a comfortable bed at home. im sure all his friends have seen him drink alot more then 6 drinks before and make it home fine.

Styles p
06-20-2011, 09:33 PM
I'm with you. I mean RIP to Ryan Dunn, but I just don't care about any of those guys either. People die everyday anyways so I don't why people are so offensive.
yeah man i don't why either...

Brujesino
06-20-2011, 09:47 PM
Well i guess your trying to say that its a sad story but he had no impact on your life whatsoever.. if so maybe you shouldnt have an opinion. Because your not gonna be "right" no matter what you say.
Everyone should have an opinion no matter how crazy it is.Opinions aren't meant to be "right" or "wrong" your confusing opinions with facts.

TylerOO
06-20-2011, 10:04 PM
He must have been friends with some real jackasses if they let him drink and drive.

pete's montreux
06-20-2011, 10:12 PM
He must have been friends with some real jackasses if they let him drink and drive.

You're not the only one who reads Ebert's tweets.

Kobe Jnr
06-20-2011, 10:13 PM
That dunk hunting stunt was a guud one..

TylerOO
06-20-2011, 10:36 PM
You're not the only one who reads Ebert's tweets.

Who the heck is Ebert? I got that joke from page 4 LOL.

Jackass18
06-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Honestly I'm surprised he's the first one of them to die.

Me too. If I was a betting man, I would have had money on Steve-O.

"Jesus"
06-20-2011, 11:22 PM
Eerily just watched Jackass 3.5 two nights back. RIP.

kentatm
06-21-2011, 01:12 AM

uh, yea. if your friend is THAT drunk, you should not get into the car.

hell, you should be taking the keys away from them.

if you are so wasted that you can't tell the person driving is shitfaced its still YOUR fault for getting that drunk.

28renyoy
06-21-2011, 01:23 AM
:( he was the most likeble of the jackass crew........not like that homo chris pontius that allways has to be naked and with his dick out :mad: ............."Homewrecker" was fun too........so :cry:

Nah Knoxville was IMO without question

InspiredLebowski
06-21-2011, 03:04 AM
It's never too soon to point out someone's stupidity, however tragic the outcome. Doesn't make it right, doesn't mean he "deserved to die" or any of the dumb shit people want to read into people's comments. Just means he died because he was stupid and hopefully it deters someone in the future.

FourthTenor
06-21-2011, 03:15 AM
It's never too soon to point out someone's stupidity, however tragic the outcome. Doesn't make it right, doesn't mean he "deserved to die" or any of the dumb shit people want to read into people's comments. Just means he died because he was stupid and hopefully it deters someone in the future.

A kid I went to high school with and knew fairly well as an acquiantance just killed two people while driving drunk down the wrong way of a freeway earlier this year. Slammed into them head on going at least 80. The kid I knew was injured but ultimately ok, the two dudes in the other vehicle were dead on impact.

This dude Ryan Dunn could have easily hit another vehicle instead of a tree. Shit is not only stupid, but scary. This isn't something that happens to "other people" or is sensationalized by media but rarely happens. It happens frequently and could happen to any one of us driving innocently down a road on any given night.

It's really fukced up. If you see anyone who is visibly drunk and getting ready to drive, you really have to stand up to them, even if you barely even know them. Don't let people do it. It's not about saving their lives, it's about saving innocent lives.

SCY
06-21-2011, 03:44 AM
This dude Ryan Dunn could have easily hit another vehicle instead of a tree. Shit is not only stupid, but scary. This isn't something that happens to "other people" or is sensationalized by media but rarely happens. It happens frequently and could happen to any one of us driving innocently down a road on any given night.

It's really fukced up. If you see anyone who is visibly drunk and getting ready to drive, you really have to stand up to them, even if you barely even know them. Don't let people do it. It's not about saving their lives, it's about saving innocent lives.

its easy for us to say "oh, just get a cab, you have all this money" but think about it from his perspective. You just invested 100,000 into the ride of your dreams. You wanna leave it outside some bar overnight while you take a cab home? Or do you find it more appealing to take a smelly cab their AND back when you're probably trying to meet or pickup girls, while your luxury ride sits in the garage?

it's just not realistic to expect people to do that every weekend. yeah, we can act as righteous as we want because we're on the internet and not in that position, but if we were, chances are most people here who are poo-pooing that behavior would end up doing the exact same thing.

-playmaker-
06-21-2011, 03:50 AM
I bet like 90% of this site has driven drunk at some point...

Those over age 21 that is...

Hell prolly just everyone ...any age

InspiredLebowski
06-21-2011, 03:52 AM
its easy for us to say "oh, just get a cab, you have all this money" but think about it from his perspective. You just invested 100,000 into the ride of your dreams. You wanna leave it outside some bar overnight while you take a cab home? Or do you find it more appealing to take a smelly cab their AND back when you're probably trying to meet or pickup girls, while your luxury ride sits in the garage?

it's just not realistic to expect people to do that every weekend. yeah, we can act as righteous as we want because we're on the internet and not in that position, but if we were, chances are most people here who are poo-pooing that behavior would end up doing the exact same thing.That's exactly what any responsible person does. It's called insurance. It's not righteous, it's just not stupid. I understand the logic, but if I were him and died doing the same thing (100+ in a 35mph in the dark of night) I'd expect to get ridiculed.

Dude died and killed another person because he was stupid. Getting *****'s that important?

Clearly. I was lucky enough that I just went off road and took out a mirror and some dents. I was equally as stupid as him, just obviously much luckier. We're all young and dumb and infallible until we aren't. I learned my lesson. The "I've done it, you've done it" argument doesn't make it a sound decision. No one's trying to get high and mighty, at least I'm not. Just trying to point out that this dude died by his own stupidity and it could've clearly been prevented.

Get a ride. Call a damn cab.

imlmf
06-21-2011, 04:12 AM

if that was the case then he deserved to die, not that he was of any value to the society anyway

tomtucker
06-21-2011, 04:58 AM
have you seen pics of the road where it happend ?......the road just splits in two without any road signs !
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/06/20/article-2005872-0CA7150B00000578-321_634x517.jpg

pete's montreux
06-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Facebook deleted Ebert's Facebook page because of his Twitter joke.

Randy
06-21-2011, 09:28 AM

Just... No. Responsible adults, a number that is probably closer to 90% than yours, arrange a ride home before they start drinking. There is a difference between having a beer or two over an hour or more and driving while drunk. I have zero tolerance for people who drive drunk, and here you are acting apologetic for it. Shame on you. Lose someone you care about to an irresponsible asshole who drank too much and decided to drive and I'm sure you'll be singing a different tune.

Dude, grow up. That's one of the stupidest I've read on ISH in a long, long time.

bballer
06-21-2011, 09:42 AM
Died while drunk driving.

notasinglefukwasgiven

DeuceWallaces
06-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Just... No. Responsible adults, a number that is probably closer to 90% than yours, arrange a ride home before they start drinking. There is a difference between having a beer or two over an hour or more and driving while drunk. I have zero tolerance for people who drive drunk, and here you are acting apologetic for it. Shame on you. Lose someone you care about to an irresponsible asshole who drank too much and decided to drive and I'm sure you'll be singing a different tune.

Dude, grow up. That's one of the stupidest I've read on ISH in a long, long time.

You're forgetting that PT is an alcoholic, so naturally he attempts to project his complete and utter idiocy onto other so that he feels a little less like the scum of the earth.

Rake2204
06-21-2011, 11:27 AM

Thanks for being the voice of reason there. I am in agreement with you. It's not as if getting drunk is some kind of affliction that just comes over you like the flu. It's not as if a person goes to the bar and catches drunkedness. The majority of people who go to a bar or plan on getting drunk are wise enough to use foresight. The "Welp, I've got a sweet car so I've gotta do it" explanation is sad and unsettling. And even if the majority of people seem to be able to drink responsibly, I also agree there's still too many people who don't.

If I invested $100,000 into the ride of my dreams I probably wouldn't be driving it to the bar when I thought there might be a possibility I'd end up drunk. The more I read that SCY post, the more I'm wondering if I missed something here and it was meant to be sarcastic. I better go read the other pages.

Jailblazers7
06-21-2011, 11:36 AM

it's just not realistic to expect people to do that every weekend. yeah, we can act as righteous as we want because we're on the internet and not in that position, but if we were, chances are most people here who are poo-pooing that behavior would end up doing the exact same thing.

So drunk driving is okay...if you have a nice car.

Charlie Sheen
06-21-2011, 11:54 AM
So drunk driving is okay...if you have a nice car.
course man...cab ride aint gettin you no tail at the house. bill paxton knew what he was talking about in true lies.

sunsfan1357
06-21-2011, 03:11 PM
On a sidenote: one of y biggest pet peeves are people who refuse to drive drunk, but have no problem calling their buddy to drive to the bar knowing full well that the person will be driving them home drunk.

Styles p
06-21-2011, 03:37 PM
On a sidenote: one of y biggest pet peeves are people who refuse to drive drunk, but have no problem calling their buddy to drive to the bar knowing full well that the person will be driving them home drunk.
yeah man i hate that thats why i never drive anyone to the bar because its my ass thats gonna get a dui and i know they would not throw any money towards it.

Charlie Sheen
06-21-2011, 03:58 PM
have you seen pics of the road where it happend ?......the road just splits in two without any road signs !
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/06/20/article-2005872-0CA7150B00000578-321_634x517.jpg

looks just like hundreds of other highway exits in the us to me :confusedshrug:

pete's montreux
06-21-2011, 04:02 PM
looks just like hundreds of other highway exits in the us to me :confusedshrug:
Why would there be a sign after the exit? And the lane markers are very clear, the road isn't just splitting willy nilly without any warning.

LJJ
06-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Plenty of other people dying due to uncontrollable circumstances to feel sorry for someone who drinks and drives.

This basically.

SCY
06-21-2011, 04:23 PM
That post I responded to starface with is actually a post he wrote himself 2 years ago, but he didn't take the bait.

Post: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2864605&postcount=17
Thread: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127221

FourthTenor
06-21-2011, 04:48 PM
That post I responded to starface with is actually a post he wrote himself 2 years ago, but he didn't take the bait.

Post: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2864605&postcount=17
Thread: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127221

It's NOT realistic to think people will take that responsibility on their own. Hence the constant DUI's both among the general public and those in the public eye. People are GOING to try driving drunk. Always.

That's why my post was about the need for vigilance when you see someone about to take that path.

THere really isn't a disconnect :confusedshrug:

bagelred
06-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Facebook deleted Ebert's Facebook page because of his Twitter joke.

Huh?

ThaSwagg3r
06-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Died while drunk driving.

notasinglefukwasgiven
http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/2gugmyu.jpg

Not like the guy had any value to society anyways. He is no different than me or anybody who posts on ISH. He was on TV because he made a ****ing fool out of himself. If you want to admire this idiot, then you guys should go admire Rebecca Black as well.

It's too bad he was the only "Jackass" that died.

SCY
06-21-2011, 05:13 PM
It's NOT realistic to think people will take that responsibility on their own. Hence the constant DUI's both among the general public and those in the public eye. People are GOING to try driving drunk. Always.

That's why my post was about the need for vigilance when you see someone about to take that path.

THere really isn't a disconnect :confusedshrug:

No it isn't realistic, but in this thread you call drunk driving "fukced up" while in the other thread you call people with the same sentiment "nerds who can't get girls," to paraphrase. But congrats on maturing a bit, I just thought it would be funny to see if you would argue with your own post, I don't really have an agenda here.

tomtucker
06-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Why would there be a sign after the exit? And the lane markers are very clear, the road isn't just splitting willy nilly without any warning.
I guess, but i think there should be a >>> sign where the trees are...you can

Butters
06-21-2011, 05:29 PM
RIP.

Lol'd hard at ryan Done.

:oldlol:

pete's montreux
06-21-2011, 05:32 PM
[quote=tomtucker]I guess, but i think there should be a >>> sign where the trees are...you can

gigantes
06-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Ryan Dunn of MTV's Jackass dead in car accident
i guess he pulled his last jackass stunt.

from articles i read, he got burned to a crisp in the resulting car fire... although most of his hair was lucky enough to survive, which is partly how they ID'd him.

some before and after pics might make a pretty convincing anti-DUI example for people who think they know better.

FireDavidKahn
06-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Meh, I have no sympathy for people who drive drunk.

Kensta
06-21-2011, 07:19 PM
He died the way he lived, with a car shoved up his ass.

ihatetimthomas
06-21-2011, 07:28 PM

lol well played, shouldnt be laughing but nice one

Styles p
06-21-2011, 10:45 PM

wow haven't see this one 20x since he died :rolleyes:

falc39
06-22-2011, 01:33 AM
[QUOTE=tomtucker]I guess, but i think there should be a >>> sign where the trees are...you can

FourthTenor
06-22-2011, 02:01 AM
some before and after pics might make a pretty convincing anti-DUI example for people who think they know better.

i'd be down to check those out, hopefully they get leaked

N0Skillz
06-22-2011, 02:21 AM
I call FAKE

LA_Showtime
06-22-2011, 02:38 AM

I'll admit it, I laughed.

BigTicket
06-22-2011, 02:58 AM
Ok, lets recap:

He was driving 130 mph

It was in the middle of the night

He was almost certainly drunk

Why am I supposed to feel sorry for him again ? I'm just happy his idiotic behavior didn't result in any innocents dying, which it very easily could have.

BigTicket
06-22-2011, 03:00 AM
any word on who the passenger was?

Male friend of his who was an army vet and had been at the bar drinking with him.

tomtucker
06-22-2011, 03:46 AM
Do you drive?
Actually no, i have a chauffeur drive me......:pimp: ............i use public transport :( :cry:

But seriously, that IS way safer then driving a car.......the odds of getting killed in a bus / train wreck are allmost zero........ :applause:

-playmaker-
06-22-2011, 04:00 AM

If you think that is true you are completely out of touch with society...

Most adults have driven drunk at some point...

I am not saying that excuses anything...I'm just saying most of us are guilty.

-playmaker-
06-22-2011, 04:02 AM
And I have lost someone to drunk driving btw...

Jackass18
06-22-2011, 06:27 AM
It's too bad he was the only "Jackass" that died.

It's too bad you feel the need to make stupid posts.

Lebron23
06-22-2011, 07:31 AM
It's too bad you feel the need to make stupid posts.

This

Rocketsgreatness is a bigger jackass than Ryan Dunn.

28renyoy
06-22-2011, 07:39 AM
This

Rocketsgreatness is a bigger jackass than Ryan Dunn.

this could very well be the lamest joke/comeback i have ever seen

Andrei89
06-22-2011, 08:33 AM
Drunk reckless drivers should all die. I have friends which sometimes drive drunk, but when they do they drive no more than 30 mph. And this idiot goes 130.

What a ******

Jackass18
06-22-2011, 09:07 AM
I read he only had 3 light beers and 3 shots in 4 hours, so he probably didn't even really feel anything, though I think it said "at least" that much. Wouldn't that put him at or under the legal limit if that's it?

SCREWstonRockets
06-22-2011, 10:03 AM
You don't need to be drunk to crash on that turn at 110MPH.

thatoneblackguy
06-22-2011, 10:09 AM
"I'm Ryan Dunn, and this is drunk driving."

SCREWstonRockets
06-22-2011, 10:20 AM
And I have lost someone to drunk driving btw...
And you always want to bitch about marijuana? At least your no life stoner buddies aren't killing people with their cars.

I do think alcohol is a big problem. Its way too accepted. I don't think people take it seriously enough. The fact that its true that many people have driven drunk home is kind of scary. Because we say it like it's nothing. Like it's just another night out driving. But at the same time, there are plenty of people who don't drive home drunk. Ryan won't be the last drunken death, this happens regularly. People mourn and then move on. Nothing will change, alcohol stays the same and the same shit will keep happening over and over.

pete's montreux
06-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Actually no, i have a chauffeur drive me......:pimp: ............i use public transport :( :cry:

But seriously, that IS way safer then driving a car.......the odds of getting killed in a bus / train wreck are allmost zero........ :applause:

Hey, I totally understand, but if you had a decent amount of driving experience, you would've been in a situation like this before. Not exactly the same, but everyone has been enthralled in a conversation before and almost missed their exit and swerved to get it.

The only difference is these guys were drunk and going well over 100 mph.

pete's montreux
06-22-2011, 11:28 AM
I read he only had 3 light beers and 3 shots in 4 hours, so he probably didn't even really feel anything, though I think it said "at least" that much. Wouldn't that put him at or under the legal limit if that's it?
I heard Coronas, and I don't know of anyone who drinks Corona light.

-playmaker-
06-22-2011, 11:51 AM
And you always want to bitch about marijuana? At least your no life stoner buddies aren't killing people with their cars.

I do think alcohol is a big problem. Its way too accepted. I don't think people take it seriously enough. The fact that its true that many people have driven drunk home is kind of scary. Because we say it like it's nothing. Like it's just another night out driving. But at the same time, there are plenty of people who don't drive home drunk. Ryan won't be the last drunken death, this happens regularly. People mourn and then move on. Nothing will change, alcohol stays the same and the same shit will keep happening over and over.
Alcohol is 100x worse than pot...

I definitely bitch much more about Booz in here than pot...

Booz is a completely unstoppable force...too powerful to control...

-playmaker-
06-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Saying that all drunk drivers deserve death is retard level ignorance though...

Rake2204
06-22-2011, 12:27 PM

I might be with you there. I don't even drink and I still might have to admit I accept it too much. I tend to look at the illegal stuff and put that on another level when in truth, alcohol abuse appears to be a real, real, real deal problem. It is quite unfortunate that numerous people can say, "Welp, you know, bummer about Ryan Dunn, but we can't really be too upset, because we've all basically driven drunk at one time or another, right?" It's a head shaking situation.

SCREWstonRockets
06-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Saying that all drunk drivers deserve death is retard level ignorance though...
It definitely is. We can criticize a death like this without being a dick about. Because if a loved one died because they were drunk driving, people wouldnt act the same way. Honestly, if you're trying to make a turn at 130MPH, alcohol won't even matter. That's reckless driving even without alcohol.

Styles p
06-22-2011, 01:11 PM
It definitely is. We can criticize a death like this without being a dick about. Because if a loved one died because they were drunk driving, people wouldnt act the same way. Honestly, if you're trying to make a turn at 130MPH, alcohol won't even matter. That's reckless driving even without alcohol.

this is what im saying we're not talking about some 16 year old drinking and driving this guy was a 34 year old seasoned drinker im pretty sure he has drank more then 3 beers and 3 girly shots and made it home fine hundreds of times.

heres bam talking about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBD8LnSc_UM&sns=fb

LA_Showtime
06-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Never driven drunk simply because I don't want my name in the paper. That shit would be flat out embarrassing.

-playmaker-
06-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Never driven drunk simply because I don't want my name in the paper. That shit would be flat out embarrassing.
Huh?

Are you famous or something?

GOBB
06-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Never heard of the guy. His blood alcohol level was twice the legal limit. Fast car, high speeds and under the influence are never good combination. And someone else died in that mangled car or scrap metal. The message, do's and donts will get lost because of him being somewhat of a celeb/popular figure.

tomtucker
06-22-2011, 03:34 PM
this is what im saying we're not talking about some 16 year old drinking and driving this guy was a 34 year old seasoned drinker im pretty sure he has drank more then 3 beers and 3 girly shots and made it home fine hundreds of times.

thanks for the link, i would not have seen that otherwise.........erie about the movie Ryan was in recently "living will"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_W3DK-Eu1E

LA_Showtime
06-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Huh?

Are you famous or something?

No, but I live in a small city and people would talk. It's like public humiliation or some shit like that.

Have they figured out who the other person was that died? The media acts like Dunn was the only person in the vehicle.

Brujesino
06-22-2011, 04:52 PM

seriously the reporting at the end was awsome.People taking parts from his car and selling it on ebay:oldlol:

When you make your living being a jackass people are gonna treat you like a jackass even in death.

pete's montreux
06-22-2011, 05:32 PM
his blood alcohol level was .197 and the car was estimated to be traveling at between 132-140 mph

looks like the back end just came out on his when he tried to take the turn and went into the trees at full speed

NuggetsFan
06-22-2011, 05:53 PM
seriously the reporting at the end was awsome.People taking parts from his car and selling it on ebay:oldlol:

When you make your living being a jackass people are gonna treat you like a jackass even in death.

I'm all for being a douchebag but seriously? Guy just did stupid shit for money, that's all. Seems like your jealous or something. Treat his death as irrelevant as what he did for a living if you wish but why voice it? It's not like he was a rapist, serial killer ... or even THAT popular. He basically just made people laugh :lol

tomtucker
06-22-2011, 06:16 PM
remember Homewrecker on MTV ? :lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKPAWDJyUes

Eat Like A Bosh
06-22-2011, 09:57 PM
R.I.P Jackass will never be the same without you

PowerGlove
06-22-2011, 10:14 PM
his blood alcohol level was .197 and the car was estimated to be traveling at between 132-140 mph

looks like the back end just came out on his when he tried to take the turn and went into the trees at full speed
I didnt see the turn, so I dont know if he could have made it, but we both know how wonky porsche's rear ends can be in corners.

RIP.

Scholar
06-23-2011, 12:08 AM
I wish he hadn't wrecked a Porsche 911 GT3, arguably one of the sexiest cars ever built... But what can you do?
:confusedshrug:

I figured my assumption of him driving drunk would be correct. RIP, Dunn. I never got into Jackass, but it seems like you'll never be in it again either.

Sorry if this post seems disrespectful or some shit. I don't mean for it to be. Just voicing an unwanted opinion, I suppose.

Styles p
06-23-2011, 12:47 AM
heres the movies the made before jackass
cky1
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=235030086845747365#

cky2k
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7039526268261902257#

these were made after jackass

cky3
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6300841168877455293#

cky4
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4684879432952969002#

BRabbiT
06-25-2011, 02:01 PM

Blunt force trauma and thermal trauma were given as the official causes of death for Dunn, 34, and Zachary Hartwell, 30. Dunn's 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 burst into flames after going off the road around 2:38 a.m.

Toxicology reports will come back in four to six weeks, a coroner's spokeswoman said.

The car might have been traveling more than 130 mph in the 55-mph zone when it jumped a guardrail, flew into a wooded ravine, struck a tree and burst into flames, police told Radar Online on Tuesday.

"I've never seen a car destroyed in an automobile accident the way this car was even before it caught on fire," West Goshen Police Chief Michael Carroll said.

"The automobile actually came apart."

"Proving Ground," the G4 series in which amateur daredevil Dunn re-created stunts from movies and video games, was put on indefinite hiatus Monday, according to Deadline.

link (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/2011/06/ryan-dunn-dead-jackass-coroners-report-cause-of-death.html)

"I've never seen a car destroyed in an automobile accident the way this car was even before it caught on fire," West Goshen Police Chief Michael Carroll said.

"The automobile actually came apart."