PDA

View Full Version : Grinder's 2011 Final Mock Draft (1-60)

Grinder
06-23-2011, 06:42 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2ef3uw9.jpg

Pretty much a crapshoot in the second round:

31. Heat – Reggie Jackson
32. Cavaliers – Travis Leslie
33. Pistons - Darius Morris
34. Wizards – Chandler Parsons
35. Kings – JaJuan Johnson
36. Nets – Justin Harper
37. Clippers – Jereme Richmond
38. Rockets – Shelvin Mack
39. Bobcats – Norris Cole
40. Bucks – David Lighty
41. Lakers – Nolan Smith
42. Pacers – E’Twaun Moore
43. Bulls – Bojan Bogdanovic
44. Warriors – Jon Leuer
45. Hornets – Jordan Williams
46. Lakers – Julyan Stone
47. Clippers – Adam Hanga
48. Hawks – Jeremy Tyler
49. Grizzlies – Ben Hansbrough
50. Sixers – Malcolm Thomas
51. Blazers – Greg Smith
52. Pistons – Giorgio Shermandini
53. Magic – Andrew Goudelock
54. Cavaliers – Robin Benzing
55. Celtics – Gilbert Brown
56. Lakers – Josh Harrelson
57. Mavericks – Tanguy Ngombo
58. Lakers – DeAndre Liggins
59. Spurs – Cory Joseph
60. Kings – Keith Benson

DStebb716
06-23-2011, 06:48 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2ef3uw9.jpg

Adding in second round.

No chance Knicks would take Shumpert over Singleton.

Shumpert has become a real option for the Knicks (unfortunately), but not if Singleton is on the board.

UtahJazzFan88
06-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Singleton seems way too low, other then that I like your mock. Hoping that we don't get Kemba though lol.

boozehound
06-23-2011, 06:50 PM
if the pistons dont trade down (the 14 and 23 from houston), then I think they should draft jimmer and use him as tradebait to move hamilton (or gordon)

DStebb716
06-23-2011, 06:51 PM
if the pistons dont trade down (the 14 and 23 from houston), then I think they should draft jimmer and use him as tradebait to move hamilton (or gordon)

Jimmer will be gone at twelve (at the latest).

UtahJazzFan88
06-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Whatever happened to Lucas Nogueira?

Grinder
06-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Singleton seems way too low, other then that I like your mock. Hoping that we don't get Kemba though lol.

Yeah, I couldn't really find a place for Singleton so I have him as my guy that'll take a slide (I wouldn't mind my Sixers taking him as a replacement for Thad Young).

Why no love for Kemba? I think he'd be awesome in Utah and real value at #12.

Grinder
06-23-2011, 06:53 PM

He withdrew.

Stebbs - I told you Shumpert would probably be a 1st rounder. :D

wang4three
06-23-2011, 06:54 PM
No love for Demetri McCamey or Jereme Richmond.

The Nets need to get their hands on DeAndre Liggins somehow. We could use him.

ReturnofJPR
06-23-2011, 06:55 PM
I am going to go out on a limb and say that the Bulls will not draft three SG's.

boozehound
06-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Jimmer will be gone at twelve (at the latest).
not what Im saying. IF they cant move back, they should take him at the 8 spot, since charlotte and sac have a gentlemans agreement on him (obv, based on the trade). so, take him and swap him to utah or sac or ind or whomever later down the road.

Grinder
06-23-2011, 06:57 PM
No love for Demetri McCamey or Jereme Richmond.

The Nets need to get their hands on DeAndre Liggins somehow. We could use him.

I've got Richmond going early second round. I'm surprised he's gotten no 1st round consideration...I think he's got a ton of potential and it seems like people forget he was only a freshman. Do you know why he declared? He definitely could have used another year or two.

McCamey, I've never really been high on.

Liggins is going to stick in this league whether he gets drafted or not. He can handle the ball, pass, and is an elite on ball defender. Not a bad shooter either. Really impressed this year.

GOBB
06-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Awwww Grinder, why couldnt Sixers take Goudelock! Kid can shoot his ass off.

I dont know too much about Malcolm Thomas tho. Guessing he is one of those perimeter defenders.

Grinder
06-23-2011, 06:58 PM
I am going to go out on a limb and say that the Bulls will not draft three SG's.

Malcolm Lee is a combo guard, Honeycutt is more of a 3 and Bogdanovic is a stash overseas kind of player.

ReturnofJPR
06-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Malcolm Lee is a combo guard, Honeycutt is more of a 3 and Bogdanovic is a stash overseas kind of player.

NBADraft.net has all 3 listed as SG's.

Grinder
06-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Awwww Grinder, why couldnt Sixers take Goudelock! Kid can shoot his ass off.

I dont know too much about Malcolm Thomas tho. Guessing he is one of those perimeter defenders.

I figured since we already have Jodie, no need for Goudelock, although, I wouldn't hate that pick.

Malcolm Thomas is a really athletic combo forward, I liked what I saw of him in the few SDSU games I saw.

I realized I completely forgot about Justin Harper, stuck him in there in the second round and Keith Benson too.

hawksdogsbraves
06-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Shumpert is horrible, I can't believe he's crawled into the first round in most projections now. The scouts must not have seen him play at GT, and just looked at his combine results, because the guy is plain bad.

Grinder
06-23-2011, 07:02 PM
NBADraft.net has all 3 listed as SG's.

NBAdraft.net is awful. They had Enes Kanter going #1 a few weeks ago.

DStebb716
06-23-2011, 07:03 PM

Dropped out of the draft.

DStebb716
06-23-2011, 07:05 PM

:lol This. They had Biyombo in the 20s until yesterday.

wang4three
06-23-2011, 07:11 PM
I've got Richmond going early second round. I'm surprised he's gotten no 1st round consideration...I think he's got a ton of potential and it seems like people forget he was only a freshman. Do you know why he declared? He definitely could have used another year or two.

McCamey, I've never really been high on.

Liggins is going to stick in this league whether he gets drafted or not. He can handle the ball, pass, and is an elite on ball defender. Not a bad shooter either. Really impressed this year.

There are a lot of rumors circulating on why Jereme declared early. I don't know which ones are true though. In short, he got into a physical altercation with Brandon Paul which led him to being suspended for the tournament, could have failed a drug test (for weed, but this story wasn't confirmed), and was not doing well in school. His status for next year was up in the air. If he got his GPA up then he would've been able to play, but instead he decided to go the NBA and hope that people will bank on his potential.

I think whatever team that gets him will need to keep his attitude in check. He's had attitude problems since high school. He's very, very raw so there's a ton of talent to be cultivated. Get his attitude straight and force him to learn the game, and he's a lottery talent in two years. Has to be the right team though.

Faberg
06-23-2011, 07:12 PM

Shumpert has become a real option for the Knicks (unfortunately), but not if Singleton is on the board.

Eh, idk.

The Knicks actually wanted Shumpert to stop working out for other teams after he worked out for us. We'll see.

ReturnofJPR
06-23-2011, 07:15 PM

Okay, I will now go by Grinder.net, is that your NBA Draft website??

Grinder
06-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Okay, I will now go by Grinder.net, is that your NBA Draft website??

How clever.

There are a lot of rumors circulating on why Jereme declared early. I don't know which ones are true though. In short, he got into a physical altercation with Brandon Paul which led him to being suspended for the tournament, could have failed a drug test (for weed, but this story wasn't confirmed), and was not doing well in school. His status for next year was up in the air. If he got his GPA up then he would've been able to play, but instead he decided to go the NBA and hope that people will bank on his potential.

I think whatever team that gets him will need to keep his attitude in check. He's had attitude problems since high school. He's very, very raw so there's a ton of talent to be cultivated. Get his attitude straight and force him to learn the game, and he's a lottery talent in two years. Has to be the right team though.

Ahh, thanks for the info. I never would have guessed he had attitude problems. Always seemed like a mild mannered guy to me, looks can be deceiving. He always seemed really raw, but I thought a few years in college and he could be a big time college player and NBA lottery pick.

KOBE24isdabest
06-23-2011, 09:16 PM
[QUOTE=Grinder]http://i54.tinypic.com/2ef3uw9.jpg

Pretty much a crapshoot in the second round:

31. Heat

DStebb716
06-23-2011, 09:22 PM
:applause: nailed that shumpert

Grinder schools me by having Shumpert over singleton to Knicks.

Grinder
06-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Tied DraftExpress for most number of first round picks, had 3 more than Chad Ford and 2 more than NBAdraft.net. Projected 52/60 players drafted vs. Draftexpress who had 51. :cheers:

Got Tanguy Ngombo at 57. :lol

bagelred
06-24-2011, 09:47 AM

Oops

Clutch
06-24-2011, 12:31 PM

Nice call :oldlol:

chips93
06-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Tied DraftExpress for most number of first round picks, had 3 more than Chad Ford and 2 more than NBAdraft.net. Projected 52/60 players drafted vs. Draftexpress who had 51. :cheers:

grinder, since you're the most accomplished scout on ish, could you explain the logic of tristan thompson at 4? i dont get it, i dont see what he does better than valanciunas, and how he can play alongside hickson

Grinder
06-24-2011, 01:16 PM
grinder, since you're the most accomplished scout on ish, could you explain the logic of tristan thompson at 4? i dont get it, i dont see what he does better than valanciunas, and how he can play alongside hickson

I don't know about that, but thanks. :oldlol:

I didn't really get the Thompson pick either and to be honest, I was surprised to see him even in the discussion as a top 10 pick when the draft discussions began. He's got the tools to be an elite defender and blocks shots at a high rate...I watched him completely lock up Derrick Williams, and he projects to be a pretty solid P'n'R defender as well.

I understand he's athletic, long, and plays with a high motor but he looked extremely limited offensively at Texas. He's got pretty much no semblance of a jumper, is an awful free throw shooter, and doesn't have much in the post. Almost all his offense is on hustle points and on athleticism. I don't see how he fits with Hickson unless they plan on playing JJ at center.

I think Valanciunas would have been a better pick but they didn't feel like waiting on him to come over for a year. Valanciunas isn't nearly as strong as Thompson and doesn't have the athleticism, but he's much more of a true big man with better offensive potential.

NuggetsFan
06-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Since you really seem to know your stuff what do you think about Denver's draft? Good value? How does Hamilton and Faried project on the next level in your opinion?.

AI3Anthony
06-24-2011, 01:35 PM

You were wrong.

Wonder Bread Kid
06-24-2011, 01:46 PM

Oops.... :oldlol:

Grinder
06-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Since you really seem to know your stuff what do you think about Denver's draft? Good value? How does Hamilton and Faried project on the next level in your opinion?.

I think Denver scored big in this draft.

Getting Hamilton where they got him is an absolute steal. He's one of the best scorers in the draft and is big enough to play the 3 and has the scoring instincts to play the 2. He's a multidimensional scorer who can shoot and is good in the low post as well. The problem is, with Afflalo, Gallinari, and Chandler all playing heavy minutes, he'll probably have a small role for the time being. If given regular rotation minutes, he could be a double digit scorer off the bench in his rookie season. In starter's minutes, he could eventually be an 18-20 ppg guy.

Faried is an elite, albeit undersized, rebounder. He's relentless and plays with a ton of heart and energy. His athleticism, strength, and motor helps make up for lack of size though. He's not much of an offensive player, but on the Nuggets he doesn't need to be. His post defense isn't bad either. He'll be a good replacement for K-Mart. I think he'll be a better version of Reggie Evans. I'm really surprised that Portland passed on him.

dd24
06-24-2011, 02:35 PM

How in the world did you even know who that guy was, haha?

MeLO MvP 15
06-24-2011, 04:31 PM

Lmao.

Grinder
06-24-2011, 08:24 PM
How in the world did you even know who that guy was, haha?
I was on vacation in Asia and I saw him dominating some of the games in the tourney. :oldlol: