PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Fernandez traded to the Mavericks for Jordan Hamilton

Grinder
06-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Rudy's only around for one more year but should contribute right away. Don't know if it was Hamilton though.

Jordan Hamilton will then be flipped to Denver as part of the Felton/Miller deal.

per Marc Stein.

Rowe
06-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Good deal.

I actually think that Rudy will be a solid player in Dallas. He might want to re-think heading back to Europe.

PleezeBelieve
06-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Great get for the Mavs!!

Grinder
06-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Rudy might start instead of Deshawn Stevenson. He'll definitely be in the rotation.

Balla_Status
06-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Another three point shooter to rape teams at.

SCdac
solid deal. Fernandez is the shit. had a crappy role in portland, for whatever reason. I can see him helping Dallas for sure.

R.I.P.
Will Peja retire or is Stevenson done?

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-23-2011, 10:10 PM
Well, he can definitely shoot the 3 ball if he if confident. But his psyche is what messes him up.

He won't replace Stephenson... Brewer will replace Stevenson.

PJR
Deshawn Stevenson bye bye.

ElPigto
Great trade for the Mavs. I've always been a fan of Fernandez and I'm sure he will be in the rotation in Dallas.

NuggetsFan
Denver seemed to have a pretty good draft. Hamilton + Faried. Not bad.

Balla_Status
06-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Deshawn Stevenson bye bye.

Doubtful. Maybe we don't resign Butler and depend on Marion and Fernandez.

Joshumitsu
06-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Loved Rudy, hopes he does well in Dallas.

Otherwise, **** the Blazers.

kurple
06-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Draft night playa award goes to Ujiri!

R.I.P.
06-23-2011, 10:13 PM
They need to ****in slow down. Too many deals and trades and swaps. :lol

HylianNightmare
don't li it, would' preffered seeing hamilton in dallas

heyhey
Mavericks gonna repeat for sure. Fernandez is crazy good

Fatal9
06-23-2011, 10:14 PM
Great deal for Mavs. Fixed their weakest position.

AznTacoLover
06-23-2011, 10:15 PM
had a bad role in portland, best wishes to him in dallas. :)

adri41
06-23-2011, 10:15 PM
Dallas trading away the 57 too. No other info on that though.

adri41
06-23-2011, 10:17 PM
57 included in the deal for the rights to Petteri Koponen.

hawkfan
06-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Butler will be gone.

Come to the Hawks Caron!

Balla_Status
06-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Good. Dallas doesn't need a longhorn.

hawkfan
06-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Bad trade for the Blazers. Why help out the champs?

R.I.P.
06-23-2011, 10:24 PM
I had high hopes for Rudy, when he came over. Thought he could be a poor man

NBAller
06-23-2011, 10:27 PM
I don't like this.

Hamilton >

Godzuki
06-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Rudy was in a bad situation in Portland since he got there

RoseCity07
06-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Wow Paul Allen, you f*cking loser. Could of had Faried, and then also keep Jordan Hamilton for Rudy Fernandez. What a retard.

Both those guys end up in Denver. OMG is Paul Allen an idiot. WTF. Felton? Really? God damn it **** this draft.

If someone how we trade Felton for Tony Parker, that would be the only redemption in this night.

Jasper
06-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Will Peja retire or is Stevenson done?

both are free agents .. stevenson probably will try to get back onto the roster... he was never looked upon favorably when he came to the Mav's in his trade deal...

Peja I think is done.

Grinder
06-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Wow Paul Allen, you f*cking loser. Could of had Faried, and then also keep Jordan Hamilton for Rudy Fernandez. What a retard.

Both those guys end up in Denver. OMG is Paul Allen an idiot. WTF. Felton? Really? God damn it **** this draft.

If someone how we trade Felton for Tony Parker, that would be the only redemption in this night.

I think Felton is a good pickup for you guys.

Felton
Matthews/Roy
Wallace
Aldridge
Oden/Camby

That's a nasty team.

EoJ
06-23-2011, 10:41 PM

I think portland keeps Hamilton.

NuggetsFan
06-23-2011, 10:45 PM
What's even going on now? Just showed that Portland is keeping Hamilton. I'm just confused now. Really hope Denver made sure to grab him when trading Felton. Just getting 'Dre without the 26 pick doesn't really excite me.

R.I.P.
06-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Mavs are stockpiling big PGs overseas for the post Dirk lottery years. Calathes, now Koponen.

ODEN>DURANT
06-23-2011, 10:48 PM
I wish we had drafted Kenneth Faried. :facepalm

We have Nolan Smith, Patty Mills, Armon Johsnon wtf.

I like the fact that we get a 26 year old PG that is as good as Miller and CAN hit the three...

RoseCity07
06-23-2011, 10:54 PM
So no one knows if Portland keeps Hamilton or if Denver has him.

I have a feeling though, Denver got him as part of the Miller deal. Although I don't know why Portland would cave in and do that deal. It's idiotic.

28renyoy
06-23-2011, 10:57 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton ended up with the highest career ppg out of this draft class. Jesus how did OKC let him go

DMAVS41
06-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Great trade for both teams. Rudy wanted out and the Blazers get a decent return.

I think Rudy will fit in really well on the Mavs. The style the Mavs play is a perfect fit for him. He'll get a lot of open shots. He's a great replacement for Peja/Stevenson.

Meticode
06-23-2011, 11:02 PM
Good for Rudy. He's going to be loved by that Dallas crowd.

EoJ
06-23-2011, 11:03 PM
From Rudy's twitter

thanks all blazers fans for ur support this 3 years!! So happy to be in the best team in the nba!!!dallas!!!

R.I.P.
06-23-2011, 11:05 PM
From Rudy's twitter

thanks all blazers fans for ur support this 3 years!! So happy to be in the best team in the nba!!!dallas!!!

Translation: F*** off Nate. :lol

dbronx42
06-23-2011, 11:08 PM
All of the Nuggets reporters just re-confirmed the trade is for Raymond Felton for Jordan Hamilton, and Andre Miller... The Nuggets just smashed on this draft. :rockon: They just got Kenneth Faried, Jordan Hamilton, and Andre Miller for our backup PG.

Masai Ujiri is the boss of all bosses...

RoseCity07
06-23-2011, 11:16 PM
So where is the press release link. If Denver did get it man is Portland stupid.

Felton isn't going to make us contenders anymore than Andre. At least keep stockpile draft talent. I guess we are going to go for it next year.

Denver got an expiring deal and we threw in a first round pick. I really hope Nolan Smith is just better than anyone thought buy I doubt it.

My god we drafted Luke Babbitt. David Kahn outsmarted Paul Allen in a trade.

LurkingFanboy
06-23-2011, 11:25 PM
Good for Rudy. He's going to be loved by that Dallas crowd.
Unless Jordan Hamilton pans out then he'll get booed heavily. Dallas fans aren't as kindly as you might think. Rudy better ball out or his stay in Dallas will be way rougher than anything he experienced in Portland. Dallas fans and media can be pretty brutal.

dbronx42
06-23-2011, 11:26 PM
So where is the press release link. If Denver did get it man is Portland stupid.

Felton isn't going to make us contenders anymore than Andre. At least keep stockpile draft talent. I guess we are going to go for it next year.

Denver got an expiring deal and we threw in a first round pick. I really hope Nolan Smith is just better than anyone thought buy I doubt it.

My god we drafted Luke Babbitt. David Kahn outsmarted Paul Allen in a trade.

Here it is from Andy Katz. Who was the one who accidently said on TV that the Thompson was going to Portland in the trade.

http://twitter.com//ESPNAndyKatz

Jordan Hamilton going to Denver in this wild three-team trade . Portland also sending 2nd to Den. Portland also gets 57 (Dallas), future 2nd

Portland gets 57 in second round from Dallas. Bottom line Felton for Miller is the main piece. Hamilton to Denver. Fernandez to Dallas.
This is from the Nuggets main writer: http://twitter.com/nuggetsnews

two sources have now confirmed to me that YES, the #Nuggets get Hamilton

RoseCity07
06-23-2011, 11:40 PM
Yeah I saw this on ESPN. This draft was a big fail for Portland. We have no bench, and we could stockpile any talent.

We got 1 back up for Felton next year. Didn't imrpove our rebounding off the bench.

Man this just sucks. Now it's all on Oden next year. He can't get hurt again or it's all over for our chances to do anything big next year.

Anshan219
06-24-2011, 12:11 AM
Bottom line, a rookie probably can't crack the rotation on the Mavs, let alone help in a run for the title defense.

The window of opportunity for the Mavs is barely open as is, can't sit around to develop a rookie to see if he pans out in 2 or 3 yrs.

Rudy will fit in well with the Mavs and hopefully he'll regain his touch for 3's. At this point, Rudy>Beaubois. We'll see what happens with Barea/Stevenson/Butler.

kentatm
06-24-2011, 12:26 AM
Unless Jordan Hamilton pans out then he'll get booed heavily. Dallas fans aren't as kindly as you might think. Rudy better ball out or his stay in Dallas will be way rougher than anything he experienced in Portland. Dallas fans and media can be pretty brutal.

We usually save our over the top anger for the Cowboys.

Although Dirk and Nash did get booed their first year in Dallas and it was the Dallas media that started calling the Mavs the "One and done boys" nickname that Cuban referenced when they were awarded the trophy

knickballer
06-24-2011, 12:42 AM
I like this trade for the Mavs and Portland.

Felton is a good PG and is much better than some rookie the Blazers would've selected. Portland already had a bunch of failed prospects and like I mentioned Felton is a real good PG. Drives well, good shooter, good D, good passer, plays hard, etc. He seems like a Nate McMillian type of player.

For the Mavs they get an exciting young player in Rudy. Place him on a championship team and he can flourish and is a decent scoring option for them. Imagine a lineup of Barrea, Barbeuis, Rudy, Dirk and Chandler, that's pretty damn athletic. They are starting to get some players for the Post Dirk era..

magnax1
06-24-2011, 12:44 AM
If Dallas keeps the same team as last year otherwise, they're just mega super stacked, lol. That team has so many good players it's insane....

KOBE24isdabest
06-24-2011, 01:00 AM
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/5953329/640/Jersey-Switches/fernandezmavs.jpg (http://picturepush.com/public/5953329)

kentatm
06-24-2011, 01:05 AM
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/5953329/640/Jersey-Switches/fernandezmavs.jpg (http://picturepush.com/public/5953329)

:lol

it looks like they are ignoring Rudy

KOBE24isdabest
06-24-2011, 01:07 AM
:lol

it looks like they are ignoring Rudy

yes jkidd is pushing him off :roll:

dbronx42
06-24-2011, 01:14 AM
I like this trade for the Mavs and Portland.

Felton is a good PG and is much better than some rookie the Blazers would've selected. Portland already had a bunch of failed prospects and like I mentioned Felton is a real good PG. Drives well, good shooter, good D, good passer, plays hard, etc. He seems like a Nate McMillian type of player.

For the Mavs they get an exciting young player in Rudy. Place him on a championship team and he can flourish and is a decent scoring option for them. Imagine a lineup of Barrea, Barbeuis, Rudy, Dirk and Chandler, that's pretty damn athletic. They are starting to get some players for the Post Dirk era..

And the Denver Nuggets got Andre Miller to backup Ty Lawson, and Jordan Hamilton in the trade... Not to mention they had already drafted Kenneth Faried right before that.

Shout out to all the haters out there who thought he would suck! :oldlol:

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx20/dbronx42/masai-ujiri_display_image.jpg

Joshumitsu
06-24-2011, 01:31 AM
Dallas fans-

If Rudy returns to form (as in, rookie year form), he'll quickly become the fan favorite, steal more hearts than J.J. Barea, ice more daggers than Jason Terry, and throw fancier passes than J. Kidd. You'll love him and the Blazers franchise will become a joke.

If he doesn't return to form, he'll still be a great guy off the bench that can provide spacing and the occasional 3-pointer. The Blazers will still be a joke.

DirkNowitzki41
06-24-2011, 01:32 AM
I got mixed reactions about this trade..

I love Rudy but I hate the fact that we got rid of Jordan Hamilton, I liked the kid and thought we were lucky he slipped all the way down to 26th.

Also, does this mean JJ or DeShawn is gone? :(

I hope Rudy plays better than what I expect.

Myth
06-24-2011, 02:42 AM
I can't believe the Blazers didn't get to at least keep Hamilton, but I won't miss Rudy at all. The dude sucks and has a bad attitude if things aren't going perfectly his way. I can't believe people say this means Stevenson will be out of the line up. Stevenson is infinitely better at defense and can hit 3s. Rudy saves his made 3 point shots until the final 3 minutes when his team is down 20.

NBAller
06-24-2011, 04:05 AM
Bottom line, a rookie probably can't crack the rotation on the Mavs, let alone help in a run for the title defense.

The window of opportunity for the Mavs is barely open as is, can't sit around to develop a rookie to see if he pans out in 2 or 3 yrs.

Rudy will fit in well with the Mavs and hopefully he'll regain his touch for 3's. At this point, Rudy>Beaubois. We'll see what happens with Barea/Stevenson/Butler.

I've been enlightened. :rockon: So Rudy's pretty much our 1st rd pick. Expecting a good 20pts from em.

Although the litter I saw from Hamilton I immediately liked. Felt like we had a steal, once again...don't disappoint us Rudy...

BarberSchool
06-24-2011, 06:01 AM
Will "Los Mavs" take the crown from the Spurs as the most loved team by Latinos ?

SpanishACB
06-24-2011, 06:58 AM
Will "Los Mavs" take the crown from the Spurs as the most loved team by Latinos ?

yes. rudy fernandez is such a latin lover.

sigh

Narf
06-24-2011, 09:06 AM
yes. rudy fernandez is such a latin lover.

sigh
Well, for many usians this is Spain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzPxlzoDLxc

so Rudy might come from Mallorca, 20 miles away from Tijuana :D

MELOgamaniac
06-24-2011, 09:28 AM
couple of things...rudy is good for dallas...but its funny how NOW people want to acknowledge dirk has stacked teams.....secondly...denver is not going to be very good next year,...trust me. book it.

Balla_Status
06-24-2011, 09:37 AM
couple of things...rudy is good for dallas...but its funny how NOW people want to acknowledge dirk has stacked teams.....secondly...denver is not going to be very good next year,...trust me. book it.

Only one person in this thread said he had a stacked team. You stay being a moron.

Mavsfan31
06-24-2011, 10:07 AM
:lol at Peja and Fernandez. Fernandez coming prbly means we wont resign peja.

vinsane01
06-24-2011, 10:08 AM
There is no way dallas will let go of stevenson and replace him with rudy. Rudy is a better offensive option but ill take deshawn defensive importance over him in this dallas team. If you actually watched the playoffs then you will see how valuable deshawn is to this team. Good sign for dallas. If rudy is replacing someone, i guess it's peja or even bultler (depending on his injury status). That reminds me, how is beabouis doing? Maybe he's the one on the chopping block.

Well, kinda think of it, if beabouis and butler are healthy next season then there is no reason to keep deshawn other than gratefulness for the help he did in the finals and also to be additional bench filler.

UtahJazzFan88
06-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Not a fan of Rudy at all, he was total garbage in Portland when I seen him aside from a few games when they basically had a 6-7 man rotation. Giving up Jordan Hamilton for Rudy is a bad idea IMO.

MELOgamaniac
06-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Only one person in this thread said he had a stacked team. You stay being a moron.

who are you ?..beat it

adri41
06-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Apparently Rudy is REALLY excited about this.:lol He's been tweeting how glad he is to go "best team in the nba!!!!dallas!!!!" and, though it is only loosely translated from Spanish, "proud that the best in the NBA...has fought for my transfer. I love the city, the weather, and the fans"

Anshan219
06-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Apparently Rudy is REALLY excited about this.:lol He's been tweeting how glad he is to go "best team in the nba!!!!dallas!!!!" and, though it is only loosely translated from Spanish, "proud that the best in the NBA...has fought for my transfer. I love the city, the weather, and the fans"

Haha, not so sure about the weather ... that Texas heat is brutal.

As for replacing the defense of Stevenson, that job will go to Corey Brewer. Rudy (6'6" and lanky) will add length and athleticism to the Mavs backcourt. Barea & Terry on the court together makes the Mavs a huge defensive liability.

SpanishACB
06-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Haha, not so sure about the weather ... that Texas heat is brutal.

Well, I'm sure he is used to the hot summers in Mallorca

LurkingFanboy
06-24-2011, 12:36 PM
We usually save our over the top anger for the Cowboys.

Although Dirk and Nash did get booed their first year in Dallas and it was the Dallas media that started calling the Mavs the "One and done boys" nickname that Cuban referenced when they were awarded the trophy
And people booing Shawn Bradley and calling him Mantis. I even recall way back in the day the Reunion Arena crowd openly cheering for the Nuggets in a game in the 80s where the Mavs were behind and Denver was lighting them up. Boo the Mavs when they scored cheered the Nuggets when they scored.

Dallas loves their Cowboys but they ALSO love their winners. Mavs have always had high hopes but have never been champs. They just put themselves into the ballpark with the Cowboys good team just won a title and Dallas fans are only going to have a hunger for more. Just look at the Rangers in the past nobody cared what they did now they are getting relatively heavily analyzed. And I honestly think the Mavs are more beloved than the Rangers. That love is going to turn into hate if this trade doesn't pan out. Hopefully rudy will check his ego at the door like other better players have done when they get to Dallas and try to fit into the room and into the scheme and just do what he's asked to do when they ask him to. If he does it will be a good add and the Mavs will be just a tad more dangerous if everything else pans out.

Bird
06-24-2011, 01:46 PM
I got mixed reactions about this trade..

I love Rudy but I hate the fact that we got rid of Jordan Hamilton, I liked the kid and thought we were lucky he slipped all the way down to 26th.

Also, does this mean JJ or DeShawn is gone? :(

I hope Rudy plays better than what I expect.

I agree here.

I was asleep during the draft (it started at roughly 2am here), so I had to check the draft recap when I woke up. I was extremely excited when I saw that the Mavericks had drafted Hamilton, as I am a huge Longhorn fan as well.

Then I saw the trade and had mixed feelings. Although I do feel as though it would be tough for Hamilton to have cracked the rotation, I think by the end of the season he would have been a contributing piece to the team.

As for Fernandez though, if he can return to even partial form, this trade helps us a ton. The wings on our second unit will be running and gunning and might be the highest scoring group of bench players in the league (that is, if we don't hold onto Butler and Rudy starts).

I will reserve my complete judgment of the trade until after we find out a) If there will be a season and b) Who we are able to retain after the new CBA.

BarberSchool
06-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Well, I'm sure he is used to the hot summers in MallorcaI didnm't realize he was from the Baleric Islands. I assumed he was from Mainland Spain. Yeah, Dallas weather will be no problem for him growing up in Palma de mallorca

R.I.P.
06-24-2011, 04:25 PM
I didnm't realize he was from the Baleric Islands. I assumed he was from Mainland Spain. Yeah, Dallas weather will be no problem for him growing up in Palma de mallorca

If he grew up there, he

SpanishACB
06-24-2011, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]If he grew up there, he

Joshumitsu
06-24-2011, 05:28 PM
5 pts in 3 seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=769KGjxPO2s&feature=player_embedded

R.I.P.
06-24-2011, 06:19 PM
5 pts in 3 seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=769KGjxPO2s&feature=player_embedded

Don

swi7ch
06-24-2011, 08:35 PM
Mavs just got better... dammit!

DMAVS41
06-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Still can't believe this happened. I really like this for the Mavs.

I think that is a great sign that we are committed to challenging for the title again next year. Which means for sure bringing back Chandler.

Stevenson is probably gone, which I don't mind much because Brewer/Rudy can easily fill that void.

I'm really curious to see what the Mavs do with Barea and Butler now. I don't think it makes much sense at all to have Roddy and Barea going forward. There is a huge log jam at guard for this team.

Kidd/Terry/Rudy/Roddy/Barea......I just don't see how that works. I don't know his trade value anymore, but I think trading Roddy at this point and keeping Barea just makes a lot more sense.

I don't know if its possible, but this team on paper would be even better if we brought those guys back with Butler.

Kidd/Barea/Butler/Dirk/Chandler......as potential starters

With Terry/Marion/Brewer/Rudy/Haywood/Cardinal/Mahinmi....off the bench.

That team is 12 deep and all 7 of the bench guys are legit. That would allow the older players to play less minutes throughout the year to be fresher late in games and in the playoffs.

In a perfect world:

Stevenson - let go
Butler - sign
Chandler - sign
Barea - sign
Peja - let go

Roddy - trade

Not sure that can all happen though.

R.I.P.
06-24-2011, 09:17 PM
I honestly think Barea is 100% gone, because the Mavs masterplan is already in motion. The poor Nets just have no idea. Unless Stevenson signs for the minimum he is gone, too. If Butler doesn

pegasus
06-24-2011, 09:42 PM

None of them is 100% black. Utah and Indiana would kill each other for that.:lol

DMAVS41
06-24-2011, 10:52 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]I honestly think Barea is 100% gone, because the Mavs masterplan is already in motion. The poor Nets just have no idea. Unless Stevenson signs for the minimum he is gone, too. If Butler doesn

Myth
06-24-2011, 11:38 PM
I still can't believe how much people are overrating Rudy here. He is known as a spot up shooter, yet he sucks at shooting. Good luck with that Dallas.

Grinder
06-25-2011, 12:10 AM
I still can't believe how much people are overrating Rudy here. He is known as a spot up shooter, yet he sucks at shooting. Good luck with that Dallas.

He's not a spot up shooter, that's the role which McMillan diminished him to and hence did not get the expected production from Rudy.

Rudy's a scorer, not a pure shooter.

BlazersDozen
06-25-2011, 01:29 AM
How is Rudy going to have a different role in Dallas that he had in Portland? Isn't the Dallas offense a lot like the Portland offense? A lot of kick outs to shooters & high screens? Rudy is going to continue to fail. I hope Dallas wants him to iso and not work to get open because he likes to stand around.

spacebump
06-25-2011, 03:58 AM

thomaspynchon
06-25-2011, 06:29 AM

He was completely misutilized in Portland. Dirk has a habit of making players elevate their games, and I expect this to continue with Fernandez.

R.I.P.
06-25-2011, 06:52 AM
He's not a spot up shooter, that's the role which McMillan diminished him to and hence did not get the expected production from Rudy.

Rudy's a scorer, not a pure shooter.

It was the same with Navarro in Memphis. They didn

SpanishACB
06-25-2011, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]It was the same with Navarro in Memphis. They didn

Eat Like A Bosh
06-25-2011, 12:52 PM
None of them is 100% black. Utah and Indiana would kill each other for that.:lol
What about Terry? lol

They flipped a draft pick for Rudy? Well I guess a 2nd round draft pick is useless anyways. Rudy will add more 3 point shooting for the Mavs.

pegasus
06-25-2011, 01:01 PM
What about Terry? lol

They flipped a draft pick for Rudy? Well I guess a 2nd round draft pick is useless anyways. Rudy will add more 3 point shooting for the Mavs.

Hmmm, let me see where Terry is in that picture...

NBAller
06-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Stevenson/Terry/Rudy :confusedshrug:

Myth
06-25-2011, 08:18 PM
He was completely misutilized in Portland. Dirk has a habit of making players elevate their games, and I expect this to continue with Fernandez.

Well, good luck with him then. This feels a lot like Laker fans celebrating when they got Steve Blake.

Nowitzness81
06-26-2011, 05:41 AM
Mavs = deepest, best three-point shooting team in basketball and now they have another guy who can get to the basket.

Lakers fans are upset, so I take that as a good sign.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=135432

Rudy F. is a player. Dallas is going to average 120 a game. Sick to my stomach right now. They are deep.

Nowitzness81
06-26-2011, 05:55 AM
Rudy might start instead of Deshawn Stevenson. He'll definitely be in the rotation.

I'd rather see Corey Brewer start.

If Brewer and Fernandez can both get to the basket consistently next year Dallas is gonna be scary.

Don't even want to think about if they keep Barea. Three guys slashing to the rim and an army of three-point shooters to kick it to. :bowdown:

tomtucker
06-26-2011, 05:15 PM
blazers blow.......he who picked oden over durant, and the guy behind this move WILL end up sucking coks in hell............dammit , mavs just got alot better

kentatm
06-26-2011, 05:29 PM
Well, good luck with him then. This feels a lot like Laker fans celebrating when they got Steve Blake.

except Dallas can dump him and his cheap contract right after this year

it looks to me like they are trying to set themselves up to make a run at DWill next summer.

Myth
06-26-2011, 06:56 PM
except Dallas can dump him and his cheap contract right after this year

it looks to me like they are trying to set themselves up to make a run at DWill next summer.

I think his contract is more valuable than Rudy himself. Unless I am wrong and he performs well for the Mavs, I honestly see him going back to Spain after next year when nobody wants to spend good money on him as a free agent.

Laimbeer_Rodman
06-27-2011, 11:16 AM

:roll:

Euroleague
06-27-2011, 04:35 PM
According to reports in Europe, Rudy will sign with Barcelona.

Grinder
06-27-2011, 04:38 PM
According to reports in Europe, Rudy will sign with Barcelona.

How about you take a ban if there's NBA next season and he's with the Mavs?

Euroleague
06-27-2011, 04:39 PM
How about you take a ban if there's NBA next season and he's with the Mavs?

How about you take a ban if he signs with Barca?

Grinder
06-27-2011, 04:42 PM
How about you take a ban if he signs with Barca?

If he's wearing a Barca jersey while the NBA season is going on, I will if you take a ban when any of your made up T-Mac, Rudy, etc. rumors turn out to be false.

Euroleague
06-27-2011, 04:44 PM
If he's wearing a Barca jersey while the NBA season is going on, I will if you take a ban when any of your made up T-Mac, Rudy, etc. rumors turn out to be false.

Take the ban if he signs with Barca period.

Grinder
06-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Take the ban if he signs with Barca period.

LMAO, I would, but you're a trolling, low-life sociopath from Arkansas that isn't going to honor any agreement.

Euroleague
06-27-2011, 04:51 PM
LMAO, I would, but you're a trolling, low-life sociopath from Arkansas that isn't going to honor any agreement.

Piss off.

northwinds
06-27-2011, 10:32 PM

LOL.....with the addition of Rudy the Mavs are clearly bordering on violating the NBA rule against "too many whites on one team".....David Stern will have to step in and advise Mark Cuban to trade Dirk immediately....that clearly happened when Cuban was forced to let Steve Nash go to Phoenix over $1.98........

Assassin
06-28-2011, 02:29 AM
Good trade. But that'll mean either DeShawn or Roddy will leave. Hope Mavs keep both of them though.

kentatm
06-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Good trade. But that'll mean either DeShawn or Roddy will leave. Hope Mavs keep both of them though.

I'm expecting nothing from Roddy at this point.

He is getting another screw put into his foot and is out for another 2-3 months.

link (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-mavericks/headlines/20110627-mavericks_roddy-beaubois-has-successful-foot-surgery.ece)

DMAVS41
06-28-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm expecting nothing from Roddy at this point.

He is getting another screw put into his foot and is out for another 2-3 months.

link (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-mavericks/headlines/20110627-mavericks_roddy-beaubois-has-successful-foot-surgery.ece)

I know.

Do you think we should trade him and try to just maybe free up some space?

I mean, it looks like we absolutely have to sign Barea now (probably a good thing).

But Chandler and Barea will obviously cost a lot of money to sign. And I think we also have to sign Butler as well to make another run.

If we sign Butler, Barea, and Chandler (please Cuban...please)....maybe we could package together Roddy and Jones or Brewer or something to free up some money.

Its a shame about Roddy. He doesn't really have a place on this team if the Mavs are serious about winning it again next year.....and the longer Roddy sits on the bench the worse his trade value gets.

I was obviously wrong about Barea anyway.....bring him back Mark.....bring them all back.