PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Minnesota for the #1 pick in the 2012 NBA draft

Clippersfan86
06-23-2011, 10:13 PM
:roll:. Besides Derrick Williams... Wolves giving us nonstop fail in this draft. No offense Wolves fans but WTF is Kahn thinking? Brad Miller....

NuggetsFan
06-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Clippers fan LOLing at someone for giving away the 1st pick? :oldlol:

FourthTenor
06-23-2011, 10:20 PM
I dont understand why Khan still has a job.

The average dumbass on this board could do better, let alone someone competent.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2011, 10:21 PM

Not laughing at them giving away a pick. I'm talking about them drafting another overrated European player who won't even make the team.. and trading freaking Flynn for Brad Miller. Like I said I expect the 1st pick in next years draft when they get a bottom 3 seed.

kaiiu
06-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Kahn is a fvcking joke :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hamburgers
06-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Kahn gets nervous before the draft and drinks about 6 to 8 Coronas, thus the results.

IGOTGAME
06-23-2011, 10:24 PM
I don't get it. I think they made some good moves for the future.

Fiasco
06-23-2011, 10:26 PM
Definitely not counting my eggs before they hatch. This could all very much pan out for Minny.

kaiiu
06-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Definitely not counting my eggs before they hatch. This could all very much pan out for Minny.
like ppl thought when the idiot drafting 40 PG in the 1st round in 09? :oldlol:

Skywalker
Rubio
johnson
williams
beasley
love
suck
a
fat
dix

ballinhun8
Will you laugh when the inevitable Blake Griffin injury occurs and CLE gets a #1 overall pick from you guys??

Clippersfan86
06-23-2011, 10:29 PM
I don't get it. I think they made some good moves for the future.

How are they good moves besides the no brainer pick of Derrick Williams???

If Rubio is a bust like I think he will be... why would you trade Johnny Flynn when they have already said Ridnour is going to have a reduced role? Especially for BRAD MILLER who's like 3 years passed being good. Then draft a lame player at 20.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2011, 10:30 PM

You can remain grounded, I won't. It's looking real good for us next year. Unless of course you think Rubio and Williams are NBA ready enough right now to turn the Wolves around in their first season.

IGOTGAME
06-23-2011, 10:30 PM

If Rubio is a bust like I think he will be... why would you trade Johnny Flynn when they have already said Ridnour is going to have a reduced role? Especially for BRAD MILLER who's like 3 years passed being good. Then draft a lame player at 20.

are you familar with the player at 20. I would take him before that soft stiff I thought they drafted, And they may just want a vet presence on the tea. From what I hear, Flynn isnt good.

And they get another good looking European player. Kahn is stocking up on quality European players.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Will you laugh when the inevitable Blake Griffin injury occurs and CLE gets a #1 overall pick from you guys??

That makes absolutely 0 sense but okay...

FYI... 82 games started at 38+ minutes a game... All star, ROY, Slam Dunk Champion. Remember it.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2011, 10:33 PM
are you familar with the player at 20. I would take him before that soft stiff I thought they drafted, And they may just want a vet presence on the tea. From what I hear, Flynn isnt good.

And they get another good looking European player. Kahn is stocking up on quality European players.

Just curious.. how do we know they are quality when they haven't stepped on the court yet?

ballinhun8
06-23-2011, 10:36 PM
And how many games did Griff play from 09-10???

You know something is gonna happen to one of the Clips. Unfortunately it always does.....and I like watching the Clips. Just they have terrible luck.

Qwyjibo
06-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Hey!

The Raptors are going to be competing for next year's #1 pick too. Don't count them out!

bagelred
06-23-2011, 10:38 PM

Seriously. Pot meet kettle.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2011, 10:39 PM
And how many games did Griff play from 09-10???

You know something is gonna happen to one of the Clips. Unfortunately it always does.....and I like watching the Clips. Just they have terrible luck.

Why does it matter if he had a fluke injury? He just proved he's no Oden. 82 games of getting beaten up by defenses all the time and getting cheapshots. Blake Griffin is a beast and that isn't going to change.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2011, 10:42 PM
Hey!

The Raptors are going to be competing for next year's #1 pick too. Don't count them out!

:cheers: . I truly believe in next years draft there are at least 6-8 guys with all star potential where as this draft has MAYBE 1-2 tops with Williams being the only almost sure fire one.

IGOTGAME
06-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Just curious.. how do we know they are quality when they haven't stepped on the court yet?

how do you know any player in this draft is quality if they havent stepped on the court yet? if we are playing this game then why comment on their players until the end of the season.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2011, 10:45 PM
how do you know any player in this draft is quality if they havent stepped on the court yet? if we are playing this game then why comment on their players until the end of the season.

Okay dude.. mind posting Rubio's stats last season for us to all see? They traded the 20 pick so that point is irrelevant. Now we can laugh because they got Brad Miller. Another pure offensive player who's WAY passed his prime and isn't going to help the team besides delivering hard fouls or hitting a couple jumpers.

Done_And_Done
06-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Kaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnn!

This guy continues to boggle my mind. Biggest joker to hold a high profile position in the NBA. You don't rid yourself of a player of Flynns potential for Brad Miller and an unknown.

IGOTGAME
06-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Okay dude.. mind posting Rubio's stats last season for us to all see? They traded the 20 pick so that point is irrelevant. Now we can laugh because they got Brad Miller. Another pure offensive player who's WAY passed his prime and isn't going to help the team besides delivering hard fouls or hitting a couple jumpers.

nevermind, I thought they keep Mirotic. They traded him so I don't understand what they are doing.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Kaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnn!

This guy continues to boggle my mind. Biggest joker to hold a high profile position in the NBA. You don't rid yourself of a player of Flynns potential for Brad Miller and an unknown.

That's all I was saying. This isn't a "haha Wolves suck" thread by it. It's a WTF were you thinking.. and thanks for making your team worse for us next season thread. I just want 1 more bad Wolves season.

Skywalker
06-23-2011, 10:51 PM
Rubio is their PG of the future they don't need Flynn. Though I still like Flynn.

niko
06-23-2011, 10:55 PM
They don't need more young projects. They need players who can compete at an elite level. They had Beasley, the blackhole headcase, Johnson, who was average, Love, who rebounds and does nothing else. They have a very so-so core whose upside doesn't look that high. So, in this draft they acquired a bunch of other players who look like there upside is limited, plus more europeans who might not come over, etc. WHen is the plan to be good? 2017?

They take a european to stock overseas who is supposed to be real good. THen they flip him over and over and over untol they wind up with Brad Miller. WTF.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2011, 10:55 PM
Rubio is their PG of the future they don't need Flynn. Though I still like Flynn.

6.5 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 3.6 apg and 1.6 spg. 31 percent shooting from the field, 22 percent from deep last season. Yup sounds like a legit PG in the NBA to put the hopes of your franchise on.

Lebowsky
06-23-2011, 10:57 PM

That lame player at 20 is arguably the most talented in the present draft. He would've been a top 5 pick if not for his buyout clause. Get your facts straight before making yourself look like an idiot.

Al Thornton
06-23-2011, 11:00 PM
clippersfan you're an embarrassment to sports spectating and humanity in general.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2011, 11:00 PM
That lame player at 20 is arguably the most talented in the present draft. He would've been a top 5 pick if not for his buyout clause. Get your facts straight before making yourself look like an idiot.

Well now they traded him! So yea they are even more retarded in this draft. Thank you for helping my argument kind sir.

Lebowsky
06-23-2011, 11:02 PM
Well now they traded him! So yea they are even more retarded in this draft. Thank you for helping my argument kind sir.
Oh my bad, I missed the part where they traded him.

kaiiu
06-23-2011, 11:02 PM
clippersfan you're an embarrassment to sports spectating and humanity in general.
cutthroat shit :lol

IGOTGAME
06-23-2011, 11:03 PM

that makes zero sense to me. Seems like a good prospect.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2011, 11:04 PM

When was the last time you posted something on topic of thread instead of trying to suck my di** in threads man? Seriously let it go Thornton. :facepalm

1Time4YourMind
06-23-2011, 11:07 PM
all i know is that kahn compared darco milicic to chris webber in front of webber's face. i think that speaks for itself :banghead:

Clippersfan86
06-23-2011, 11:08 PM

:cheers: . I just don't get why they made these moves is all. Derrick Williams = A+. Everything else = F.

Heavincent
06-23-2011, 11:10 PM
The average dumbass on this board could do better

Like yourself for instance.

Actually, you're a special kind of stupid. You made up a fake story about Kobe in a pathetic attempt to make him look bad :oldlol:

B-Easy8
06-24-2011, 12:02 AM
:cheers: . I just don't get why they made these moves is all. Derrick Williams = A+. Everything else = F.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and you are an awful poster.

We drafted Williams who will most likely get traded sometime before/into next season. We traded Flynn who was beyond awful last year and #20 in a weak draft for a veteran presence that we badly need, #23 and a future first rounder who will probably have a higher value than #20 in this draft. We then flipped #23 and ended up with #31, #43 (I believe) and cash. #31 got us one of my favourite players in the draft who we keep stash in Croatia for a few more years and #43 got us a defensive guard who we badly need and we got cash to go with it.

I think we did quite nicely as we are just stockpiling young talent which we can trade later.

FourthTenor
06-24-2011, 12:06 AM

this is what every clippers fan on the board has always said about you.

i guess the torch has been passed.

1~Gibson~1
06-24-2011, 12:17 AM
i dont get it...why is he laughing? :lol

FireMcFailPlease
06-24-2011, 12:42 AM
:roll:. Besides Derrick Williams... Wolves giving us nonstop fail in this draft. No offense Wolves fans but WTF is Kahn thinking? Brad Miller....
putting overall records aside since they both are crap...i wouldnt trade minnys roster for the clippers roster.

cool thread tho bro.

Clippersfan86
06-24-2011, 01:15 AM
putting overall records aside since they both are crap...i wouldnt trade minnys roster for the clippers roster.

cool thread tho bro.

32 wins vs 17. Way to conveniently say records aside. LOL on anyone in the league that wouldn't trade Wolves roster for Clippers one. You don't have a franchise player... we have 2.

Clippersfan86
06-24-2011, 01:17 AM
this is what every clippers fan on the board has always said about you.

i guess the torch has been passed.

He has yet to ever saying anything pro Clipper in my time here. It's always how our players suck or are overrated. Oh and how much he hates me.

Hondo
06-24-2011, 01:27 AM
Flynn would have gotten no court time and had zero trade value, while Miller adds depth and is a great locker room guy. Minny needs veteran leaders.

New roster:
PG: Ridnour/ Rubio/ Lee
SG: Johnson/ Webster/ Ellington
SF: Beasley/ Williams/ Hayward
PF: Love/ Randolph/ Tolliver
CT: Milcic/ Miller/ Pekovic

Looking solid. Williams could be the 6th man of the year

SpecialQue
06-24-2011, 01:31 AM

This is such an out-of-left-field and WTF statement that I'm laughing my as$ off. Seriously, what the hell brought this on?

You're probably just a T-Wolves fan who's pissed that the triangle is disappearing. Sorry bro. I'll miss it, too.

kaiiu
06-24-2011, 01:33 AM

cool thread tho bro.
:facepalm :facepalm :roll: :roll: :roll:

B-Easy8
06-24-2011, 01:47 AM
32 wins vs 17. Way to conveniently say records aside. LOL on anyone in the league that wouldn't trade Wolves roster for Clippers one. You don't have a franchise player... we have 2.

Who is your second franchise player?

I hope you don't say Gordon because I don't see him as being any better than Love or Beasley.

Rowe
06-24-2011, 01:59 AM
Clippersfan is just letting us know hes going to troll the shit out of this site and PSD for the next year.

The good thing about karma is that it always comes back to bite the LA Clippers in the ass.

Im not wishing a major injury on Eric Gordon or Blake Griffin. But that is in the hands of the basketball Gods. :pimp:

kentatm
06-24-2011, 02:17 AM

:facepalm

we don't known anything about the American players either you dingbat.

we won't know if ANY of the picks made today were good for several years.

you just shot your own OP down with this.

kentatm
06-24-2011, 02:28 AM
6.5 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 3.6 apg and 1.6 spg. 31 percent shooting from the field, 22 percent from deep last season. Yup sounds like a legit PG in the NBA to put the hopes of your franchise on.

oh snap! Somebody should have told the Bucks about Brandon Jennings sucking in Europe before they drafted him! Now they are stuck with a complete bum!

In the Italian Lega A 2008-09 season, Jennings averaged in 27 games, 5.5 points, 1.6 rebounds, 2.2 assists, and 1.5 steals in 17.0 minutes per game. He shot 35.1 percent from the field and 20.7 percent from 3 point range in Lega A play. In 16 Euroleague games, Jennings averaged 7.6 points, 1.6 rebounds, 1.6 assists, and 1.2 steals in 19.6 minutes per game. In the Euroleague he shot 38.7 percent from the field and 26.8 percent from 3 point range.

link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Jennings#Italian_career)

Brandon Jennings Italian League profile and stats (http://web.legabasket.it/player/?id=JEN-BRA-89&year=2008&team=1161)

Euroleague.net Brandon Jennings Official Player Profile (http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?gamecode=166&pcode=001219)

Clippersfan86
06-24-2011, 02:37 AM
oh snap! Somebody should have told the Bucks about Brandon Jennings sucking in Europe before they drafted him! Now they are stuck with a complete bum!

link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Jennings#Italian_career)

Brandon Jennings Italian League profile and stats (http://web.legabasket.it/player/?id=JEN-BRA-89&year=2008&team=1161)

Euroleague.net Brandon Jennings Official Player Profile (http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?gamecode=166&pcode=001219)

Jennings was also a much better player than Rubio ever was. He was one of the most recruited and dominant HS players ever. Bit different. I never here once said he CAN'T be good. I said I doubt he will be. The fact that you had to reach and give me just a single example is funny though. My point is Rubio is WAY overhyped for a guy who pus*ied out of playing in the NBA the last 2 seasons and admitted flat out that he wasn't ready. People act like he's the next coming of Nash/Stockton.

Marv_Albert
06-24-2011, 02:39 AM
Rubio
johnson
williams
beasley
love
suck
a
fat
dix

Pretty decent really.

Clippersfan86
06-24-2011, 02:40 AM
Who is your second franchise player?

I hope you don't say Gordon because I don't see him as being any better than Love or Beasley.

Eric Gordon proved he could carry the team and for a period of about 2 months he was actually our best player, not Blake Griffin. At the time he was putting up 24.3 ppg, 3 rpg, 4.5 apg which was right before his serious wrist injury. Please never again say Beasley is anywhere close to the level of player of Eric Gordon.

Love doesn't have the mentality to carry a team... or to be a franchise player. Mostly everyone including Wolves fans know this. Beasley is more likely to emerge as the leader of that team than Love.

Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon are both elite cornerstones. There isn't a single better inside/out combo in the NBA.

alenleomessi
06-24-2011, 06:11 AM
they did dumb shit not drafting whay they needed , a center in Kanter

good luck with oldman miller now

but hey its the clippers u never know they may trade the pick ...

B-Easy8
06-24-2011, 06:28 AM
Eric Gordon proved he could carry the team and for a period of about 2 months he was actually our best player, not Blake Griffin. At the time he was putting up 24.3 ppg, 3 rpg, 4.5 apg which was right before his serious wrist injury. Please never again say Beasley is anywhere close to the level of player of Eric Gordon.

Love doesn't have the mentality to carry a team... or to be a franchise player. Mostly everyone including Wolves fans know this. Beasley is more likely to emerge as the leader of that team than Love.

Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon are both elite cornerstones. There isn't a single better inside/out combo in the NBA.

You need to stop posting your homerism is far too high, the Clippers are not that good.

Gasol/Kobe and Melo/Amare are both 10 times better than your duo.

If they were the best inside out duo in the NBA how come they didn't win more games?

Face it they put up empty stats.

BEAST Griffin
06-24-2011, 11:26 AM
You need to stop posting your homerism is far too high, the Clippers are not that good.

If they were the best inside out duo in the NBA how come they didn't win more games?

1. The team was full of rookies and unexperienced players
2. Eric Gordon was injured for a significant amount of time (right when things started to turn around).
3. Clippers are in the WEST. Knicks are in the EAST.

ZenMaster
06-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Jennings was also a much better player than Rubio ever was. He was one of the most recruited and dominant HS players ever. Bit different. I never here once said he CAN'T be good. I said I doubt he will be. The fact that you had to reach and give me just a single example is funny though. My point is Rubio is WAY overhyped for a guy who pus*ied out of playing in the NBA the last 2 seasons and admitted flat out that he wasn't ready. People act like he's the next coming of Nash/Stockton.

What? How do you figure that? Rubio has some of the most dominant performances I've seen in international youth basketball over here.
Don't overestimate HS basketball.

I bet Jennings doesn't step into the ACB at 14 years old, no way he does that.

stephanieg
06-24-2011, 11:50 AM

Bad sarcasm since he is a bum.

50inchvertical
06-24-2011, 11:55 AM
They're never going to be good. Cap space, future potential, draft picks, players stashed away, etc. are overrated when they are always going to be misused anyways. Who gives a shit you drafted a guy who might be good and come back in a few yrs, to add to a 17 win team. And :oldlol: at thinking Brad Miller's "veteran presence" will mean anything when he's not even good anymore plus had microfracture surgery and is questionable to play at all this season.

So maybe insurance picks up his contract and you can use the money to sign someone else. Kahn is going to blow it anyways, so again who cares?

I pray that you guys start Love and Miller together, when he's healthy anyways.

Droid101
06-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Brad Miller had microfracture surgery. Dude is done. They absorbed him so they could offload Flynn's contract.

They traded down their 20 pick to 31 and got paid every step of the way.

Clippersfan86
06-24-2011, 02:44 PM

Wow you're brilliant aren't you. When someone is referring to an inside/out 2 man game it implies a guard and a big. Not 2 forwards. Especially because Carmelo spends a lot of his time in the mid-high post like Amare. Inside/out tandems are ones who have a reliable guard outside to bomb outside jumpers.. and get to the rim.. as well as a big you can dump the ball too and get buckets.

When it comes to combined production especially when Eric Gordon was healthy.... the Clippers were statistically ranked as the 3rd most productive duo after Wade+Lebron and Westbrook+Durant.. neither of which are inside/out combos. So yes.. Eric Gordon+ Blake Griffin= best inside out combo in the NBA. Gasol isn't exactly a deep post threat... where as Blake Griffin was second in the league in points in the paint.

I'm not saying the Clippers are an amazing team. I'm saying you fu**ed up in the draft. You're the one telling me how bad the Clippers are so I'm just telling you how much worse the Wolves are. It would be like me arguing right now that the Clippers are just as good as the Thunder or Grizzlies. I would never say it because it's a flat out lie.

KGMN
06-24-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm not saying the Clippers are an amazing team. I'm saying you fu**ed up in the draft. You're the one telling me how bad the Clippers are so I'm just telling you how much worse the Wolves are. It would be like me arguing right now that the Clippers are just as good as the Thunder or Grizzlies. I would never say it because it's a flat out lie.

Could you please tell me what you think the Wolves did wrong in the draft?

FireDavidKahn
06-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Oh course someone who never factors financies into the equation or what we actually got is going to say it was a bad move.

This is McHale's **** up, not Kahn's.

Learn the game.

FireDavidKahn
06-24-2011, 04:12 PM
My god, reading through this thread is hilarious.

MCHALE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR GIVING THE CLIPPERS OUR PICK NEXT YEAR, NOT KAHN.

FireMcFailPlease
06-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Could you please tell me what you think the Wolves did wrong in the draft?
they didnt select kanter. who apparently all of a sudden is the rim protecting 7'0 center we've waited all of our lives for.

:roll:

KGMN
06-24-2011, 04:26 PM
they didnt select kanter. who apparently all of a sudden is the rim protecting 7'0 center we've waited all of our lives for.

Except the problem is, Derrick Williams is much better than Kanter (at least right now). Why take Enes Kanter just because you need a center? There are plenty of centers in the league, and if all else fails, we can play Kevin Love at center with Beas at PF, Williams at SF, and Wes at SG. Derrick Williams is simply too good to just pass on for a positional need.

And if you want a 7'0 rim-protecting center, keep Darko. He's really good at defense, just not so great at offense. Not to mention that Kanter is not at all a good defender (I think), his real strength is offense.

FireMcFailPlease
06-24-2011, 04:31 PM
i know, i wanted williams from the get go

kaiiu
06-24-2011, 04:47 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: @ the Wolves fan that said Love and Beasley are better than Eric Gordon.

EG is better than Blake to

FireMcFailPlease
06-24-2011, 04:50 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: @ the Wolves fan that said Love and Beasley are better than Eric Gordon.

EG is better than Blake to
youre comparing 2 forwards to a shooting guard.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

alenleomessi
06-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Except the problem is, Derrick Williams is much better than Kanter (at least right now). Why take Enes Kanter just because you need a center? There are plenty of centers in the league, and if all else fails, we can play Kevin Love at center with Beas at PF, Williams at SF, and Wes at SG. Derrick Williams is simply too good to just pass on for a positional need.

And if you want a 7'0 rim-protecting center, keep Darko. He's really good at defense, just not so great at offense. Not to mention that Kanter is not at all a good defender (I think), his real strength is offense.
kanter hasnt played official game for over a year, so where would you know that ?

R.I.P.
06-24-2011, 06:50 PM

....and with the first pick in the 1998 NBA draft the Los Angeles Clippers select...

NOT Dirk Nowitzki
NOT Paul Pierce
NOT Vince Carter
NOT Antawn Jamison
NOT Rashard Lewis
NOT Mike Bibby
NOT Bonzi Wells
NOT Larry Hughes
NOT Al Harrington
NOT Ricky Davis
NOT Jason Williams
NOT Cuttino Mobley

NOT even Raef LaFrentz, Nazr Mohammed or Rasho Nesterovic....

:bowdown: :bowdown:

kaiiu
06-24-2011, 06:55 PM
....and with the first pick in the 1998 NBA draft the Los Angeles Clippers select...

NOT Dirk Nowitzki
NOT Paul Pierce
NOT Vince Carter
NOT Antawn Jamison
NOT Rashard Lewis
NOT Mike Bibby
NOT Bonzi Wells
NOT Larry Hughes
NOT Al Harrington
NOT Ricky Davis
NOT Jason Williams
NOT Cuttino Mobley

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Clippersfan86
06-24-2011, 06:56 PM

NOT Dirk Nowitzki
NOT Paul Pierce
NOT Vince Carter
NOT Antawn Jamison
NOT Rashard Lewis
NOT Mike Bibby
NOT Bonzi Wells
NOT Larry Hughes
NOT Al Harrington
NOT Ricky Davis
NOT Jason Williams
NOT Cuttino Mobley

Okay dude outside of Vince Carter, Pierce and Jamison maybe.... the entire list you put up were either average players, had attitude problems.. or were surprises (like Dirk obviously). Meaning it wasn't that bad. Drafting a legit 7 footer who looked like he could be dominant at the NBA level isn't exactly a rare mistake. Plus... I'm not making fun of the Wolves drafting history. I'm mentioning that they made boneheaded choices this year. I think it's funny they drafted the probable best player in the draft and he's gonna be on the bench all year. Then they kept swapping picks all over the place. I mean if anyone feels Brad Miller>Flynn.. that's on you. You guys got better offensively and worse defensively or at least stayed the same defensively. Given the fact that the Wolves already have solid young pieces they would of been better off drafting for need.

Grabbing a player who immediately fills a hole. Grabbing a player who plays the positions of your 2 best players= bad strategy IMO.

kaiiu
06-24-2011, 06:59 PM
btw. Yall gone stop disrespecting and underrating my ni99a Eric Gordon.

Clippersfan86
06-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Since you're such a smart guy you should post the entire draft order. Notice how many teams passed up these players?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_NBA_Draft

Clippersfan86
06-24-2011, 07:00 PM
btw. Yall gone stop disrespecting and underrating my ni99a Eric Gordon.

Beasley is better than Eric Gordon! :rolleyes:

KGMN
06-24-2011, 07:26 PM
kanter hasnt played official game for over a year, so where would you know that ?
I guess that may be part of the reason I believe Kanter is not as good as Williams, the fact that he hasn't played an official organized game for over a year. That's immediately a concern, as he hasn't had much experience actually playing games as of late. A second reason I believe Williams is better is from watching tons of video of Williams and Kanter, as much as I could. I believe that Kanter can become a permanent solid starting center in the NBA, but Williams has the potential to become a multiple-time all-star with so much upside. He's also a better shooter, scorer, and defender (in my opinion) than Kanter.

FireDavidKahn
06-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Okay dude outside of Vince Carter, Pierce and Jamison maybe.... the entire list you put up were either average players, had attitude problems.. or were surprises (like Dirk obviously). Meaning it wasn't that bad. Drafting a legit 7 footer who looked like he could be dominant at the NBA level isn't exactly a rare mistake. Plus... I'm not making fun of the Wolves drafting history. I'm mentioning that they made boneheaded choices this year. I think it's funny they drafted the probable best player in the draft and he's gonna be on the bench all year. Then they kept swapping picks all over the place. I mean if anyone feels Brad Miller>Flynn.. that's on you. You guys got better offensively and worse defensively or at least stayed the same defensively. Given the fact that the Wolves already have solid young pieces they would of been better off drafting for need.

Grabbing a player who immediately fills a hole. Grabbing a player who plays the positions of your 2 best players= bad strategy IMO.
:facepalm You just don't get it.

1) We got rid of Flynn's salary + he sucks
2) Flynn was becoming a malcontent
3) Brad Miller's contract is being covered by insurance
4) We got a future first out of the deal. Getting a future first for Flynn is amazing
5) Motiejunas doesn't fit on our team at all
6) We still got the guy we were targeting before the draft even happened in Malcolm Lee

Nobody ever looks deep into the trades, everyone just assumes that "OH LAWD, KAHN MAKE LOTS OF MVOES. WHAT IS HE DOING?????":rolleyes:

Clippersfan86
06-24-2011, 09:49 PM
:facepalm You just don't get it.

1) We got rid of Flynn's salary + he sucks
2) Flynn was becoming a malcontent
3) Brad Miller's contract is being covered by insurance
4) We got a future first out of the deal. Getting a future first for Flynn is amazing
5) Motiejunas doesn't fit on our team at all
6) We still got the guy we were targeting before the draft even happened in Malcolm Lee

Nobody ever looks deep into the trades, everyone just assumes that "OH LAWD, KAHN MAKE LOTS OF MVOES. WHAT IS HE DOING?????":rolleyes:

You can't blame us either. Non Wolves fans don't understand to the level you do and I'll be the first to admit that. It's like other fans telling Clippers fans how trading Baron and what was 1st pick for Mo Williams was stupid.

I'm glad you wrote a list because a lot of those things are things I wouldn't of known, such as who you were targeting (Lee) etc. Surface level to a non Wolves fan... it just looked like a series of bad moves besides the no brainer pick of Derrick Williams. I suppose now that you've explained it in detail.. maybe you guys did the only thing you could do. Which is stockpile more young talent and move Flynn. I never remember Flynn being a malcontent or trouble really... but I also didn't watch him as much as you I'm sure.

Clippersfan86
06-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Question No. 10: Who retained his title as Mr. Draft Day Drama King?

"Well, David Kahn. Of course.

Although this time, Kahn's manic maneuvers for Minnesota actually made sense. After taking Williams at No. 2, the Wolves, armed with the No. 20 pick, kept trading down and right out of the first round, stockpiling future second-rounders (and a 2013 protected No. 1 from Memphis). Why? Well, players taken in the bottom of the first rarely stick around, and meanwhile, their contracts are guaranteed. Five of the last 8 players in the first round were traded by teams unwilling to absorb contracts. Plus, the Wolves are already loaded with young players.

But lost in their sensible shuffling was what the Wolves didn't do: make up for their previous mistakes.

By essentially surrendering the No. 20 pick, they have nothing significant to show for Al Jefferson, formerly their franchise player, except Utah's protected 2012 first-rounder. And they have even less to show for wasting a No. 6 pick (and passing Stephen Curry) on Jonny Flynn, dumped Thursday to Houston for a protected future first-rounder. Kahn got 50 cents on the dollar for those guys.

All told, the Wolves have cap flexibility, which is good. And also Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio, Williams and Wes Johnson, but without any proof those pieces fit together."

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/shaun_powell/06/24/ten-questions-after-2011-draft/index.html?ls=nbahpheadlines

Prodigy
06-25-2011, 05:16 AM
Pretty sure that David Kahn got rid of the 20th pick to trade down (while getting cash and future picks) as a way of saving money. Seemed like he looked at his roster, and instead of just shoring up on rookies, cut his losses and traded away everyone who he thought would not have a future with the franchise for future cash/picks.

I don't have a problem with that, he is the GM and if he feels that a player won't be able to play I'm all for getting rid of them. He stated in an interview that his team is yet again the youngest team in the league and what he needs isn't more gauranteed contracts and young players but veterans with experience.

Now I'm not sure if Brad Miller will ever see any playing time what with his knee troubles and the microfracture surgery that will be needed, but if he can get that off the books as well it's not a terrible deal for getting rid of a Flynn who was not getting any playing time anyways.

I DO blame him for drafting 3 point gaurds in the first round of the 09 draft though. That was utterly retarded. I'm glad he's not GM'ing for Toronto.

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/06/24/minnesota-trades.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

dev4life
06-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Minnesota do keep shooting themselves in the foot. They could have got a better player for Flynn than Brad Miller. Derrick Williams the best pick available; therefore, they need to package a deal that will get them an inside presence. Michael Beasley is all but gone; therefore, go get good center. Rubio, I do not think he going to be the player they expect. Point Guard may remain a problem. It is going to be awhile before the T-wolves get this team back to winning.

qrich
08-10-2011, 05:12 PM
My god, reading through this thread is hilarious.

MCHALE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR GIVING THE CLIPPERS OUR PICK NEXT YEAR, NOT KAHN.

Think you can get McHale back to give another lottery protected pick for 4 years in a S&T where you get Collins and Clips get Darko?

irondarts
02-27-2012, 09:00 PM

GOBB
03-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Thanks LAC for giving Cleveland Kyrie Irving. :facepalm

WatsonBGiovani
04-21-2012, 06:20 PM
http://guitarswithjonway.com/PawnshopPrincesses/index.php?action=profile;u=233890 http://www.mywcca.org/forums/index.php?showuser=333999 http://politiki.kiev.ua/user/gpniqdnyph/ http://www.thehealthscript.com/forum/member.php?50010-gpniqdnyph http://pakhack.com/member.php?12844-gpniqdnyph http://www.dizzyvix-animations.co.uk/cosplaycruise/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=55065 http://getdoitnow.com/getproject/index.php?action=profile;u=23865 http://e-pro.al-wlid.com/user/gpniqdnyph/ http://www.finalfantasy.kanet.ru/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26259 http://www.disconnected.no/forum/profile.php?id=14300 http://www.alibaba.kz/user/gpniqdnyph/ http://www.jiang-wu-tang.com/JWTphpBBS/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9454 http://support.nullivex.com/member.php?action=profile&uid=18364 http://www.invitemeforcoffee.co.uk/smatch/forum/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=499745 http://www.orosso.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=9523 http://defendu.pl/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1004 http://www.floodsurant.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=130262 http://www.hillaryanddan.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=68035 http://camping.uk-directory.com/camping_forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=712009 http://www.ohoded.com/index.php?action=profile;u=81370 http://avtodiesel.krasinsite.ru/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=25467 http://ssmu-51.ru/user/gpniqdnyph/ http://sljobfinder.com/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=813424 http://slt.in.ua/user/gpniqdnyph/ http://www.droid-vision.com/member.php?15803-gpniqdnyph http://www.reg-153.org/webboard/index.php?action=profile;u=27952 http://php.farmnotebook.com/forum/profile.php?id=245106 http://forum.full18.us/member.php?action=profile&uid=2614 http://arget.com.ua/user/gpniqdnyph/ http://www.dojonami.com/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=365344 http://justiceforinglis.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=45216 http://www.trivitawellnesscommunity.com/member.php?301616-gpniqdnyph http://forums.ajeausinda.com/index.php?action=profile;u=722 http://oysterbaymarinesupply.com/board/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=93304 http://www.jellyb.mijnwebserver.nl/forum/profile.php?id=156049 http://best-shanson.ru/user/gpniqdnyph/ http://www.olivierherrera.net/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=488365 http://www.cleanmind.se/index.php?action=profile;u=348770 http://forum.pilates.pl/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=376281 http://medicaldirectory.ru/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=31858 http://ratethatcar.com/board/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=354913 http://asrm.free.fr/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=18692 http://tukpar.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=108704 http://foro.patic.es/index.php?action=profile;u=17693 http://bankstoday.info/user/gpniqdnyph/ http://ortocentr.com/user/gpniqdnyph/ http://doxieforum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=13568 http://www.talismanscholarship.co.uk/forum/profile.php?id=289238 http://parketplus.com.ua/user/gpniqdnyph/ http://novoross.info/user/gpniqdnyph/
http://steamportal.xtreemhost.com/user/AshleyVIRobinson/
http://www.mba-team.2x4.ru/forum/index.php?showuser=129056

brandonislegend
04-22-2012, 04:44 AM
Thanks LAC for giving Cleveland Kyrie Irving. :facepalm

dunksby
04-22-2012, 05:14 AM

The Los Angeles Clippers' trade of guard Baron Davis and a first round pick for Cleveland's Mo Williams and Jamario Moon was completed Sunday after Davis passed his physical.
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

brandonislegend
04-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Kyrie Irving so nice