PDA

View Full Version : Rank your team's draft picks...

Theoo's Daddy
06-24-2011, 12:06 AM
I give the Heat a B+, Riley addressed the PG issue. And by the looks of it, dude is athletic and can create his own shot/Can knock down shots. He's a snr, so the growing pains won't be that much.. Good job Riley. :applause: :applause:

EnoughSaid
06-24-2011, 12:07 AM
We still need a Center. Hopefully we can land Dalembert.

DStebb716
06-24-2011, 12:08 AM
Iman Shumpert gets a B from me. The Knicks made no other picks and do not even try to make me admit otherwise.

KOBEtherealKing
06-24-2011, 12:10 AM
C- what was up with the last 2 picks. Come on lakers :facepalm

c3z4r
06-24-2011, 12:12 AM
C- what was up with the last 2 picks. Come on lakers :facepalm

i think the 56th pick was for denver but the last pick i really dont know

rezznor
06-24-2011, 12:16 AM
Rockets.

B- more power forwards? our 14th pick isn't terrible but we need a 3 and Leonard was still on the board...now if Morey can somehow turn this into Josh Smith then this draft becomes an A

Bano114
06-24-2011, 12:17 AM
:wtf:
Iman Shumpert gets a B from me. The Knicks made no other picks and do not even try to make me admit otherwise.

Honestly we would have been better off taking the best available player at 17 and buying a late first to take Shumphert if we really wanted him. At least we would have had a tradable asset. I'm pissed that we passed up on Marshon Brooks.

I give the Knicks a D because that's what Shumphert is supposed to bring. :facepalm

Qwyjibo
06-24-2011, 12:22 AM
Jonas Valanciunas

B+

I would've been happy with either Kanter, Knight or Val. The Raptors suck. They suck A LOT. There isn't a single player on the team right now that deserves even a mention as an All-Star contender. For those reasons, I'm glad the Raptors went with a high risk pick that has a chance of being a high reward. If he doesn't pan out, so be it because most of the players chosen behind him probably won't either. Best-case scenario would be that the Raptors have a great young PF-C combo with Ed Davis and Valanciunas for many years to come and hopefully another lottery pick next year to finish the rebuilding.

1~Gibson~1
06-24-2011, 12:24 AM
Kyrie Irving: A

People tend to believe that you have to have a superstar PG to win in this league and that's why Irving should go there. that's untrue because, even though they lost, Mario Chalmers was the Heat's starting PG and the Grizzlies lost in the Conference Finals with Mike Conley at PG. I give this an A because we already have 3 PGs (Baron, Session, Gibson) two of whom are on the same level or above Conley/Chalmers. Irving and Williams are the two best guys in this draft and are future stars imo so im content with this pick.
Tristan Thompson: C-

It was kind of a reach at #4. Dont get me wrong, i think he'll be a starter in the NBA but he plays the same position as JJ and if we really wanted him, we couldve just traded down. I really like what his potential though, just hate that we already have a guy at his position.
Our 2nd rounder will likely stay overseas, and plus idk who he is. So A+ there :lol

Skywalker
06-24-2011, 12:25 AM
Raptors- Jonas Valanciunas

C

This guy has some good potential apparently but he won't be over for atleast another year and at the end of the day.... Brandon Knight was on the board and the Raptors didn't pick him.

DStebb716
06-24-2011, 12:26 AM

Honestly we would have been better off taking the best available player at 17 and buying a late first to take Shumphert if we really wanted him. At least we would have had a tradable asset. I'm pissed that we passed up on Marshon Brooks.

I give the Knicks a D because that's what Shumphert is supposed to bring. :facepalm

Mike D'Antoni lives on ISH. Defense is a pretty important part of the game. Marshon Brooks is going to be GREATTTTT, but he isn't what we need. Shumpert will bring a good level of D. Best player available was Chris Singleton and should've been the pick, but Shumpert is no CHUMP...ert.

Wonder Bread Kid
06-24-2011, 12:30 AM
Spurs: A

Get size and defense at the 3 with Leonard.

Get size and shooting with Bertans at the 4.

Get a potential stud of a guard in Adam Hanga.

LaysUpBricks
06-24-2011, 12:33 AM
Kings A- (for the draft picks, not the terrible trade we made today)
Jimmermania- It addresses an open PG position and brings outside shooting to a team that desperately needs it. Jimmer has amazing work ethic and is determined to prove others wrong and show others what he can do, not what he can't do.

Tyler Honeycutt- Kings have been trying to address the SF position and picked Honeycutt with the 35th pick when he was projected to go in the middle to late part of the first round. Tayshaun Prince type body with a lot of room to improve. That leaves a Casspi trade likely.

Isaiah Thomas- Kings loved his workout and he brings a good change of pace and good value for the last pick. Him and Pooh Jeter are basically the same size though.

Dw1ll
06-24-2011, 12:36 AM
Bismack Biyombo - A

Kemba Walker - A

Should be two huge contributors and fills huge team needs.

zac
06-24-2011, 12:36 AM
Josh Selby- B for getting him at 49 and his potential considering how highly he was recruited (#1 out of highschool) but he had a weird year.

I give it a C though overall because John Diebler was still on the board and the Grizzlies desperately need 3 point shooters and I saw his workout videos with the Grizzlies and they really liked him and he was just as deadly then as in college.

DeronMillsap
06-24-2011, 12:37 AM
A+ for both Kanter and Burks. I like Kanter to replace Jefferson & Okur at the 5 eventually. I think Burks is a huge addition to our guard spots since we have only have Harris and Miles who are decent.

FireMcFailPlease
06-24-2011, 12:38 AM
LOVE that we kept derrick williams. A

meh with the rest, C-

solid B/ B+

atljonesbro
06-24-2011, 12:38 AM
F------- Hawks drafted Soloman Jones 2.0 and didn't make a move on the Grizz for the #2 pick and Beasley.

MeLO MvP 15
06-24-2011, 12:39 AM
Harrellson says hi. Knicks bought the 45th pick to sign him. Not saying it's much, but something. He was probably gna be undrafted tho.

I give the Knicks' draft in total a C+

I don't mind the Shumpert pick (don't love it, don't hate it), I just really wanted to add some more guys.

boozehound
06-24-2011, 12:41 AM
Brandon Knight - B+. Probably the best player available but very disappointing to see them not address their interior issues. Still, I think knight could be very nice.
Singler - C+. Sure, hes a smart big framed dookey with a good skillset, but we have how many combo forwards? I was hoping they would reach for tyler or another interior player like benson. oh well
Macklin - A. definitely a decent pick in the late draft. Im not a huge fan of his, but he is pretty athletic and willing to bang.

Overall? Probably about a B or B+.

Timmy D for MVP
06-24-2011, 12:46 AM
Spurs B++

The only reason I don't give them an A is because the loss of George Hill. Not necessarily the player I was willing to part with.

Quizno
06-24-2011, 12:47 AM
Bismack Biyombo - A

i really like this guy. he has great size and wingspan and he seems to have a good work ethic too. should be the enforcer type and he thinks he'll lead the league in rebounds and blocks next season :oldlol: won't happen, but it's never bad to have high expectations for yourself. his ceiling is ben wallace and there are few centers i'd take over a prime ben wallace. solid pick, we really need an interior force, i wonder if he'll develop some kind of offensive game. also, having charles oakley teach him how to control the paint can't hurt.

Kemba Walker - A

kemba's a winner. he's small, but his jumper is silky smooth and he's just a solid overall player. one of the few players who i think really has that competitive edge and real desire to win, which is probably why MJ drafted him. he's undersized but he's still taller than DJ augustin and i think he has a higher ceiling. could see him maybe as a tony parker type scoring point guard. no problems with that here.

overall i'm really satisfied with this draft, should be an exciting future. next season's gonna be ugly though :oldlol:

Bernie Nips
06-24-2011, 12:51 AM
Portland won today.

Rose
06-24-2011, 12:51 AM
Mirotic-B+ At first I was like WTF, but then I read about the guy, watched some highlights...seems like a solid player, and glad he's replacing Boozer one day.

Jimmy Butler F+ Another small forward, when James Johnson was clearly better.

And they should have traded up for Hamilton, that pisses me off dearly. Inept management.

kentatm
06-24-2011, 12:54 AM
Dallas essentially with Rudy Fernandez at 26 and Petteri Kopenen at 57

B+

Toizumi
06-24-2011, 05:16 AM
Brandon Knight - B+. Probably the best player available but very disappointing to see them not address their interior issues. Still, I think knight could be very nice.
Singler - C+. Sure, hes a smart big framed dookey with a good skillset, but we have how many combo forwards? I was hoping they would reach for tyler or another interior player like benson. oh well
Macklin - A. definitely a decent pick in the late draft. Im not a huge fan of his, but he is pretty athletic and willing to bang.

Overall? Probably about a B or B+.

Solid A for me. I think the Pistons lucked out that Knight 'dropped' to them. Would you have preffered Bismack if he was still available? I know that more Pistons fans did...

I don't know though, Knight is a real PG, even if its a scoring PG (does that make sense). Stuckey is a good player, but I always felt he was playing out of position.

So, I'm a Blazers fan and it's still a bit confusing. I don't know anything about Nolan Smith, but he seems like a nice prospect. Undersized though (6'3 SG?), I hope he can adjust to playing some point. I think that Felton will be an upgrade for us. Miller is great and I like him more, but Felton has more range and that will do the team good.. we need some shooting from our PG. Overall, not a bad night.. a lot happened.We needed some more depth upfront though.. hope we can sign somebody.
Overall: B-

alenleomessi
06-24-2011, 07:01 AM
I have no idea who clippers picks travis leslie, trey thompkins are, but i would rate Jazz and Wizards draft picks A+

B-Easy8
06-24-2011, 07:28 AM
Jazz and Wizards had the best 2 drafts.

What do Jazz fans think they will do now with all those talls? Surely they will keep Kanter and Favors and probably keep Okur to mentor Kanter and for a veteran presence. Trade Al Jeff and Millsap for a quality defensive C?

Yung D-Will
06-24-2011, 08:10 AM
Double A's

Yung D-Will
06-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Jazz and Wizards had the best 2 drafts.

What do Jazz fans think they will do now with all those talls? Surely they will keep Kanter and Favors and probably keep Okur to mentor Kanter and for a veteran presence. Trade Al Jeff and Millsap for a quality defensive C?
If anything thing the only bigs i see them keeping is Al Jeff( Since he can finally play his real position at the 4) , Favors and Kanter

I'm not sure about the whole Elson-Fes situation but people seem to be forgetting we have to make a desicion about those 2 bigs to

blablabla
06-24-2011, 08:19 AM
D-
Chumpert:facepalm

alenleomessi
06-24-2011, 08:27 AM
If anything thing the only bigs i see them keeping is Al Jeff( Since he can finally play his real position at the 4) , Favors and Kanter

I'm not sure about the whole Elson-Fes situation but people seem to be forgetting we have to make a desicion about those 2 bigs to
i agree, Al should stay and start at PF, Kanter at C, with Favors and Okur as backups
evans, hayward and burks are also nice young players
i dont like harris on that team though

bagelred
06-24-2011, 08:53 AM

I agree with this. Seems like they could have got Shumpert later. Either buy a late 1st rounder...or trade down and get another asset if you really want Shumpert.

gasolina
06-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Josh Selby is long, athletic, and looks like he has a mean streak. A great changeup from what Conley gives us.

Plus, it looks like he'll jive with Tony Allen

vinsane01
06-24-2011, 09:55 AM
A

Great draft day.

fatboy11
06-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Rockets.

B- more power forwards? our 14th pick isn't terrible but we need a 3 and Leonard was still on the board...now if Morey can somehow turn this into Josh Smith then this draft becomes an A

My thoughts exactly.

The thought is that Marcus Morris can play the 3, but who knows how well that will work out? Leonard was a guy projected to go in the 5-9 range and he was there at 14. Extremely disappointed we passed.

Not sure what to think about the Lithuanian. Definitely did not like hearing Fran Fraschilla basically call him lazy and apathetic. He's talented but it sounds like his heart isn't into the game.

The Parsons pick in the 2nd round is okay, but I was looking for someone like Darius Morris or Malcolm Lee. Charles Jenkins and Travis Leslie were still there also. I view all 4 of those guys as better fits than Parsons, who may struggle to make it in the NBA.

If the Morris experiment at the 3 works that I think they're going to try, and the Lithuanian plays like he gives a shit, this could turn out to be a great draft for the Rockets because there's no doubt both guys are talented.

EDIT: It's also worth noting that if Jonny Flynn can start to play up to his lottery potential, this could be a really great draft. Just a lot of IFs going around.

lostsrendynvn
08-12-2011, 01:30 AM
?????? ?????? (http://www.articles.glenns-garden.com/Art/76476/266/Athletics-Game-titles-Sports-Game-titles-For-Training.html)
very nice - thanks :)

????? ??????? (http://www.article-smart.com/Art/335500/36/Game-titles-Throwing-Games--Entertainment.html) | ????? ????? (http://articlezones.com/games/games-babysitters-nanny-understanding-how-to-be.html) | ????? ???? (http://www.tinyarticle.com/Art/356936/36/Online-rushing-games-most-played.html) | ????? ??????? (http://www.articlekingpro.com/Article/The-true-secret-success-of-your-racing-games-on-the-web/821222)

JaskoX1
08-13-2011, 02:10 AM
A+++

The thought of Byron teaming up with a CP3 clone is salivating. Kyrie Irving will fit in perfect.

Tristan Thompson is like a faster Shawn Kemp.

Guabannangeal
11-13-2011, 03:10 PM
All of the high-level
I want to know child's emotional state
Frank gehry chair (http://adfeygram.dousetsu.com/Frank-gehry-chair.html)
Everywhere chair (http://adfeygram.dousetsu.com/Everywhere-chair.html)
Kick the chair (http://adfeygram.dousetsu.com/Kick-the-chair.html)

Before connection