PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Spurs Said To Be Negotiating With Vassilis Spanoulis

Euroleague
06-25-2011, 05:50 PM
http://fanatik.ekolay.net/Spanoulis-iddiasi_3_Detail_28_229484.htm

http://www.krepsinis.net/v-spanouli-vilioja-du-europos-klubai-ir-spurs-175828.html

http://www.sport24.gr/Basket/EuropeBasket/paraxwroun_spanoulh.1126686.html

http://www.gazzetta.gr/article/item/204546-poloun-ton-spanoule

According to reports, the San Antonio Spurs are interested to sign Vassilis Spanoulis as soon as the looming NBA lockout would end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5pKzHWgkcY

FadeAwayJ13
06-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Such a sick player. I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs pull this off; they've been the smartest drafters in the past decade.

Haymaker
06-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Didn't this guy sucked at Houston?

Theoo's Daddy
06-25-2011, 06:01 PM
I can't view the video where iam, can someone post the picture of this guy. ?

Euroleague
06-25-2011, 06:05 PM
I can't view the video where iam, can someone post the picture of this guy. ?

Try this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89Zgvr4ATvE

pics:

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/mehrsport/0904/Bilder/vassilis-spanoulis-panathinaikos-514.jpg

fatboy11
06-25-2011, 07:25 PM
Didn't this guy sucked at Houston?

Eh, I wouldn't say he sucked. It just didn't really work out. He's been great overseas since he left. He only played one year in Houston (31 games) so I don't think it's fair to judge him off that.

FWIW, I think if he comes back to the NBA, he'll have a much greater impact that his brief initial stint.

33teeth
06-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Haven't seen many Euro PG's work out in the NBA.

alenleomessi
06-25-2011, 08:59 PM
i doubt he can make a d-league team

SCdac
06-25-2011, 08:59 PM

not to be a smart ass, but the Spurs have been starting a European point guard for about 10 years. still, going with what you said, I think of somebody like Sarunas Jasikevicius is a good example of a solid PG who didn't quite work out in the NBA.

Stuckey
06-25-2011, 09:06 PM
are there any drazen petrovic players left in europe? i would think they have superior work ethic and fundamentals over there

rmt
06-25-2011, 09:35 PM

Tony Parker, Beno Udrih, Goran Dragic - all selected by the Spurs

LA_Showtime
06-25-2011, 11:20 PM
I've wanted the Lakers to go after this guy for years now. What he did in Houston is in no way a reflection of the type of player he is.

Grinder
06-25-2011, 11:26 PM
I've wanted the Lakers to go after this guy for years now. What he did in Houston is in no way a reflection of the type of player he is.

Euroleague's an idiot who worships Spanoulis to a sick extent.

Spanoulis is decent but he takes a ton of shots he has no business taking and turns it over a lot.

This guy starts rumors ever ****ing week with absolutely no sources.

Shocked he hasn't been banned yet.

enghuei
06-25-2011, 11:35 PM
No link again?

How about the claim that Mark Cuban's gonna take over that Greek club?

All bullshit I say.

Maga_1
06-26-2011, 12:02 AM
I've read this rumor in other forum, just that.

Borat_Sagdyev
06-26-2011, 12:13 AM
Oh no! He's back in Texas again :eek:
http://www.chron.com/photos/2006/12/23/4882668/226xRefer.jpg

Mrofir
06-26-2011, 12:45 AM
not to be a smart ass, but the Spurs have been starting a European point guard for about 10 years. still, going with what you said, I think of somebody like Sarunas Jasikevicius is a good example of a solid PG who didn't quite work out in the NBA.

in the twilight of his great career, at an age where 1 in 100 nba PGs succeed

just sayin

Euroleague
06-26-2011, 01:35 AM
Spanoulis is decent but he takes a ton of shots he has no business taking and turns it over a lot.

No hand-checking allowed in NBA. No hitting guards on picks and screens in the NBA. No true zone allowed in NBA. More space in NBA to operate with the ball on offense. Defensive 3 seconds in the lane rule in NBA.

Spanoulis gets to the foul line more than any player in the Euroleague. --->

http://www.euroleague.net/main/statistics/individual/average?topic=Season_E2010&category=FreeThrowsAttempted

Leaders Rank Player Games Total Average
1 SPANOULIS, VASSILIS

Under NBA rules and conditions, especially with the way the refs call the game way more tightly than in the Euroleague, he would live at the free throw line.

Mrofir
06-26-2011, 05:23 AM
his stint with houston was weird weird weird compared to his success in euroleague

if he fails a 2nd time in such a "foreign-friendly" franchise.......

It will certainly prove that Euro players

DIRKDIRKDIRKDIRKDIRKDIKRDIKRIDKRIKDIRK sorry got interrupted there

InspiredLebowski
06-26-2011, 05:31 AM
in the twilight of his great career, at an age where 1 in 100 nba PGs succeed

just sayinCabbages wasn't even 30 when he came to the NBA. And he sucked dick.

Mrofir
06-26-2011, 05:39 AM
Cabbages wasn't even 30 when he came to the NBA. And he sucked dick.

he WAS 30, he obviously never adjusted, and obviously his game was tuned to euro ball, was never a great candidate to transition particularly that late in his career. Also his shooting %s weren't that different in the NBA than in euro ball.. he's probably a little overrated as far as euro ball goes.. Nobody expected much more out of him than Indiana got, unless you were dumb at the time

which you probably were

unfortunately for u no homosexual activity was known to take place during his career, though he did marry (and divorce)

LJJ
06-26-2011, 05:49 AM
he WAS 30, he obviously never adjusted, and obviously his game was tuned to euro ball, was never a great candidate to transition particularly that late in his career. Also his shooting %s weren't that different in the NBA than in euro ball.. he's probably a little overrated as far as euro ball goes.. Nobody expected much more out of him than Indiana got, unless you were dumb at the time

which you probably were

unfortunately for u no homosexual activity was known to take place during his career, though he did marry (and divorce)
He was the Euroleague MVP at the time, it's wrong to say he was in the twilight of his career. He was a better player back then than Spanoulis is now.

But why are we even talking about this. Spanoulis already had his shot at the NBA. He had to beg the Spurs to terminate his deal, after stinking it up in his first season. Span is not NBA material.

Euroleague
06-26-2011, 07:57 AM
He was the Euroleague MVP at the time, it's wrong to say he was in the twilight of his career. He was a better player back then than Spanoulis is now.

But why are we even talking about this. Spanoulis already had his shot at the NBA. He had to beg the Spurs to terminate his deal, after stinking it up in his first season. Span is not NBA material.

Jasikevicius was not the Euroleague MVP when he came to the NBA and he was not better then than Spanoulis is now.

Jasikevicius was already well past his prime when he came to the NBA. And the fact is that he played much better in the NBA than he has since returning to the Euroleague after leaving the NBA.

Jasikevicius was also a rotation player on the Pacers, putting up 15/8 numbers per 36 minutes.

Regardless, he pretty much whooped the hell out of Team USA TWICE.

As for Spanoulis, "not being NBA material", he is actually much better than most NBA players are. With any normal coach he would be a damn good NBA player.

LJJ
06-26-2011, 08:08 AM
Jasikevicius was not the Euroleague MVP when he came to the NBA and he was not better then than Spanoulis is now.

Jasikevicius was already well past his prime when he came to the NBA. And the fact is that he played much better in the NBA than he has since returning to the Euroleague after leaving the NBA.

Jasikevicius was also a rotation player on the Pacers, putting up 15/8 numbers per 36 minutes.

Regardless, he pretty much whooped the hell out of Team USA TWICE.

As for Spanoulis, "not being NBA material", he is actually much better than most NBA players are. With any normal coach he would be a damn good NBA player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euroleague_Final_Four_MVP

Euroleague MVP 2005 Jasikevicius, it states right there. He joined the Pacers that offseason. You see it in the list don't you? He's right next to other NBA scrubs like Trajan Langdon, Anthony Parker, Vassilis Spanoulis and Juan Carlos Navarro.

You just proved you've never watched Euroleague before, everybody who watched knows Jasi was MVP in 2005 and easily one of the best players in Europe and the middle of his prime at that point.

Euroleague
06-26-2011, 08:36 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euroleague_Final_Four_MVP

Euroleague MVP 2005 Jasikevicius, it states right there. He joined the Pacers that offseason. You see it in the list don't you? He's right next to other NBA scrubs like Trajan Langdon, Anthony Parker, Vassilis Spanoulis and Juan Carlos Navarro.

You just proved you've never watched Euroleague before, everybody who watched knows Jasi was MVP in 2005 and easily one of the best players in Europe and the middle of his prime at that point.

Final Four MVP. Not MVP. Get your facts right. He was not "Euroleague MVP" the year before he came to the NBA, no matter how much you want to believe it.

Jasikevicius was well past his prime when he came to the NBA genius.

LJJ
06-26-2011, 08:41 AM
Final Four MVP. Not MVP. Get your facts right. He was not "Euroleague MVP" the year before he came to the NBA, no matter how much you want to believe it.

You are an idiot. Welcome to ignore.

Oh yeah. The regular season MVP was Anthony Parker, who also came to the NBA and also sucked.

:roll:

enghuei
06-26-2011, 09:03 AM

You are an idiot. Welcome to ignore.

How you can describe someone who had just won the Euroleague Final 4 MVP as someone who was "well past his prime" is truly beyond me.
:D

vinsane01
06-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Link?

If true and he gets signed then he'd be a great backup for tony or even start in some games.

33teeth
06-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Fair point with Tony Parker. Somehow I forget he's not American born.

Udrih and Dragic? I appreciate their games, but they hardly instill fear. Serviceable bench players on a good team.

wally_world
06-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Greivis Vasquez is better

Euroleague
06-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Greivis Vasquez is better

Vaszquez is not as good as Nikos Zisis is.

Euroleague
06-26-2011, 09:12 PM
How you can describe someone who had just won the Euroleague Final 4 MVP as someone who was "well past his prime" is truly beyond me.
:D

Because he WAS past his prime when he came to the NBA. Ask any European basketball fan here and they will say the same thing.

ElPigto
06-26-2011, 10:51 PM
It's not fair to judge him on his Rockets stint since JVG wanted to turn him into a spot up shooter when shooting is one of his weaknesses.

Wonder Bread Kid
06-27-2011, 01:08 AM
This assclown Euroleague is a troll.

He got banned from Spurstalk as "Kill_Bill_Pana" but is now back as Manu_Forever. He's spouting the same BS about Vassilis there as well.

He pretends to be Greek and living in Greece but he's an American from the US. He used proxy ip's to hide his real IP but slipped one day at Spurstalk and used his real IP which was an American address and he was using Comcast internet.

Grinder
06-27-2011, 01:11 AM

He got banned from Spurstalk as "Kill_Bill_Pana" but is now back as Manu_Forever. He's spouting the same BS about Vassilis there as well.

He pretends to be Greek and living in Greece but he's an American from the US. He used proxy ip's to hide his real IP but slipped one day at Spurstalk and it realized he in America using Comcast internet.

LMAO.

Sakkreth
06-27-2011, 02:52 AM

He pretends to be Greek and living in Greece but he's an American from the US. He used proxy ip's to hide his real IP but slipped one day at Spurstalk and used his real IP which was an American address and he was using Comcast internet.

Owned :applause:

Jasi
06-27-2011, 03:23 AM
Jasi was just too slow for the Nba, game's faster in this league.

But he wasn't certainly past his prime. He's been so great even after he came back.

He is a very Lithuanian player, one of the peaks of that bball school. (in fact he's always great with his national team... Usa Basketball knows it)

His basketball = poetry

rezznor
06-27-2011, 09:18 AM
I remember this guy calling himself "The McGrady of Europe" :oldlol: :oldlol:

He hated living in Houston and pouted his way back to Greece. It's gonna be funny watching him making faces at the end of the San Antonio bench.

fatboy11
06-27-2011, 10:00 AM

The people in my office don't know why I'm laughing right now.

But you guys do.

fatboy11
06-27-2011, 10:03 AM
too be fair, if I was from Arkansas I would have fantasies of living in Europe as well.

Hey, buddy, I am from Arkansas. Posting from Arkansas this very moment.

But I can't really argue.

So....No Links is from Arkansas, too?

sagr32
06-27-2011, 11:00 AM
LMAO I went on club lakers and looked him up. What do you know his last thread was about Vassilis Spanoulis LOL

Butters
06-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Exposed:applause:

ZenMaster
06-27-2011, 12:22 PM

Aint that some shit..

Droid101
06-27-2011, 12:29 PM
This is the best thread in about two months. Well done.

Euroleague
06-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Jasi was just too slow for the Nba, game's faster in this league.

But he wasn't certainly past his prime. He's been so great even after he came back.

He is a very Lithuanian player, one of the peaks of that bball school. (in fact he's always great with his national team... Usa Basketball knows it)

His basketball = poetry

He was well past his prime when he came to the NBA, and he has been nothing but a bit part role player (to even borderline scrub) since he came back to Europe.

Samurai Swoosh
06-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Who cares about this bum?

:oldlol:

He's always sucked.

Wonder Bread Kid
06-27-2011, 05:08 PM
LOL at KBP ignoring all the posts calling him out.

niko
06-27-2011, 06:01 PM
This guy SUCKED with the Rockets. I mean absolutely sucked. SA needs this guy why? So Tony Parker can bang his wife and stay away from the wifes of the good player?

2 Words
Ar Kansas

Euroleague
06-27-2011, 06:16 PM
This guy SUCKED with the Rockets. I mean absolutely sucked. SA needs this guy why? So Tony Parker can bang his wife and stay away from the wifes of the good player?

He had no problem making Team USA look like fools.

niko
06-27-2011, 06:20 PM
He had no problem making Team USA look like fools.
It's the NBA. It's not international ball. In his one NBA stint he sucked to a level that when you watched him, you wanted to cry. He played at a level a retarded 5 yrd ol could attest to. He really really really sucked.

That SA is taking a long look at him with the roster they have is laughable.

ARKANSAS.

Euroleague
06-27-2011, 06:24 PM
It's the NBA. It's not international ball. In his one NBA stint he sucked to a level that when you watched him, you wanted to cry. He played at a level a retarded 5 yrd ol could attest to. He really really really sucked.

That SA is taking a long look at him with the roster they have is laughable.

He's better than Tony Parker, and would be an upgrade over him in San Antonio, in the NBA. Trading Parker for another piece, and adding Spanoulis would be genius.

If you knew anything about basketball (which you obviously don't) you would know that.

dyna
06-27-2011, 06:33 PM
Vassilis Spanoulis or JJ Barea

Droid101
06-27-2011, 06:38 PM
He's better than Tony Parker, and would be an upgrade over him in San Antonio, in the NBA. Trading Parker for another piece, and adding Spanoulis would be genius.

If you knew anything about basketball (which you obviously don't) you would know that.
Tony Parker is better than any point guard playing in Europe.

niko
06-27-2011, 06:42 PM

i know TOny Parker has been productive in the NBA, and Spanoulis has not. If Tony Parker was a Ferrari, Spanoulis would be a donkey cart from Greece.

Euroleague
06-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Tony Parker is better than any point guard playing in Europe.

I hope this is a joke.

BMore
06-27-2011, 07:04 PM
I hope this is a joke.

It's not, and when you post put a damn link ya assclown

Grinder
09-01-2011, 01:56 PM

Exposed. :roll:

Quizno
09-01-2011, 03:09 PM
He was well past his prime when he came to the NBA, and he has been nothing but a bit part role player (to even borderline scrub) since he came back to Europe.
ROFL he was well past his prime at 24-25? that's pathetic :roll:

Nick Young
09-01-2011, 03:14 PM
ROFL he was well past his prime at 24-25? that's pathetic :roll:
:roll:

RRR3
09-01-2011, 03:17 PM
i know TOny Parker has been productive in the NBA, and Spanoulis has not. If Tony Parker was a Ferrari, Spanoulis would be a donkey cart from Greece.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :applause: :applause: