PDA

View Full Version : David West opts out of Hornets contract, becomes free agent

Hondo
06-27-2011, 04:25 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6707803

Where do you think the best landing spot for West is? I think he'd be great beside Dwight, but they don't have the resources to land him.

New Jersey has been one of his rumored landing spots, but I don't think they need to take on a player with West's salary range after they botched up and signed Outlaw last year.

Denver would be a good fit, but it'd need to be a sign and trade. Indiana would work really well. Actually, they'd be almost ideal. Milwaukee would work fit wise, but I don't see anyone wanting to go to that mess of a team, and it'd have to be a sign and trade. San Antonio would be another great fit, but again, it'd need to be a sign and trade.

kumquat
06-27-2011, 04:31 AM
The title of this thread should be "End of New Orleans Hornets". Paul won't re-sign now, the league won't want to own a dead duck team. Then Charlotte will probably change back to the hornets.

The-Legend-24
06-27-2011, 04:34 AM
Lakers? :confusedshrug:

Hondo
06-27-2011, 04:50 AM
The title of this thread should be "End of New Orleans Hornets". Paul won't re-sign now, the league won't want to own a dead duck team. Then Charlotte will probably change back to the hornets.

The league really needs to relocate the Hornets to Seattle, and call them the Sonics. And then like you said, the Bobcats become the Hornets.
So,
New Orleans Hornets become Seattle Sonics
Charlotte Bobcats become Charlotte Hornets

Also, I think the Pacers should sign West, and let him completely heal before playing him, they have two capable power forwards already for the short term. I also think they should trade Hibbert in a S&T for Greg Oden, and let him heal completely. They should try re-sign Dunleavy Jr and Foster for peanuts, while waiving (or buying-out) D. Jones and Ford.
PG: Collison/ Hill/ Price
SG: George/ Rush/ Stephenson
SF: Granger/ Dunleavy Jr./ Posey
PF: West/ Hansborough/ McRoberts
CT: Oden/ Foster/ S. Jones

That's a 4 seed right there (assuming they keep good health)

talkingconch
06-27-2011, 04:52 AM
I think this is the first sign

Are we setting ourselves up for a CP3-headed-to-the-lakers?

Clutch
06-27-2011, 04:54 AM

Are we setting ourselves up for a CP3-headed-to-the-knicks?
fixed

Hondo
06-27-2011, 04:58 AM
fixed

What are the Knicks going to offer? Billups, Shumpert and Fields? LOL! Turrible.

If he goes anywhere, it's to the Rockets (youngsters), Lakers (Bynum or Gasol), Celtics (Rondo) or someone similar with a good player/s to give back. Main part of the trade in (brackets)

Rowe
06-27-2011, 05:03 AM
Wow.

This is really a questionable decision considering that West is coming off of major knee surgery to repair his ACL/MCL, is already 30, and has basically suggested hes worth more than the $8 Million hes been paid.

Honestly, I think the best case scenario for him is to hope he can work out a longterm deal with the Hornets. The only problem is that with the NBA owning them, David West having a longterm deal along with Okafor will actually make the franchise look less attractive to a buyer.

This is without a doubt a sign of the end if New Orleans cant bring him back, I know they like Carl Landry but West is a better & more consistent player.

Bigsmoke
06-27-2011, 05:04 AM
What are the Knicks going to offer? Billups, Shumpert and Fields? LOL! Turrible.

If he goes anywhere, it's to the Rockets (youngsters), Lakers (Bynum or Gasol), Celtics (Rondo) or someone similar with a good player/s to give back. Main part of the trade in (brackets)

I don't see why the Lakers want him :confusedshrug:

Rowe
06-27-2011, 05:08 AM
I don't see why the Lakers want him :confusedshrug:
True.

I honestly dont see them trading Bynum for CP3. Bynum is more important to their team as CP3 could be due to the fact he is their starting Center with an upside.

If anything Bynum gets moved for Howard, if not then he stays a Laker.

Rowe
06-27-2011, 05:14 AM
Looking around the league, I cant really think of a starting fit for a team under the cap.

If hes willing to take the MLE then he must be willing to be trying to win titles.

Hondo
06-27-2011, 05:23 AM
Looking around the league, I cant really think of a starting fit for a team under the cap.

Pacers

InspiredLebowski
06-27-2011, 06:06 AM
I like West, but not even taking the injury and any potential recovery problems into account, I just dunno. He'll be 31 by the time any season starts, he probably wants something starting at at least ~9 mil. He's just an average defender, not an elite rebounder, doesn't protect the rim.

Could do a lot worse than him, but he's a bit too old to go with the core guys and doesn't provide the frontline defense and rebounding that we'd ideally get from a guy we're spending that kind of money on. And yeah, he just shredded his knee.

I could maybe be talked into it, there're worse fits, but I'm not a big fan of chasing him.

R.I.P.
06-27-2011, 06:15 AM
Stupid decision, even without his injury.

Bigsmoke
06-27-2011, 06:16 AM
I like West, but not even taking the injury and any potential recovery problems into account, I just dunno. He'll be 31 by the time any season starts, he probably wants something starting at at least ~9 mil. He's just an average defender, not an elite rebounder, doesn't protect the rim.

Could do a lot worse than him, but he's a bit too old to go with the core guys and doesn't provide the frontline defense and rebounding that we'd ideally get from a guy we're spending that kind of money on. And yeah, he just shredded his knee.

I could maybe be talked into it, there're worse fits, but I'm not a big fan of chasing him.

this is 100% correct.

David West isnt really that good anyway. He was rocking with CP3 in his 2 All Star appearances. He's just an undersized jump shooting PF that doesnt really do anything else for you other than that. And to add on to the fact that he's coming back from a season ending injury in his 30's.

.... he would be a nice piece for the Pacers though :lol

kurple
06-27-2011, 06:22 AM

If hes willing to take the MLE then he must be willing to be trying to win titles.
Someone will trade for CP3. Hornets doesn't wanna lose him for nothing

alenleomessi
06-27-2011, 06:31 AM
CP3 had such an unlucky career so far, all the injuries, losing that mvp to kobe, which clearly he should have won, losing in 7 against the spurs in the west semifinals, losing byron scott and now west...

LJJ
06-27-2011, 07:45 AM
He's going to look around and in the end probably re-signs with the Hornets at around what his contract would have been: 7-8 million for a couple more seasons. I don't think there is a lot more for him out there.

Clutch
06-27-2011, 08:06 AM

It's not about the package,it's about CBA and CP3.

If CP3 wants to be a Knick and new CBA allows it - HE WILL BE A KNICK

bagelred
06-27-2011, 09:26 AM
I don't blame him for Opting Out. I just opted out last week. Those telemarketing calls will annoy the shit out of you.

yobore
06-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Even if he doesn't make as much money next year, opting out might be better for him because he can have a longer contract.

MeLO MvP 15
06-27-2011, 10:37 AM
Someone will trade for CP3. Hornets doesn't wanna lose him for nothing
I'm pretty sure he was talking about David West. No way Paul signs for the MLE lol

The way I see it, 3 teams really have a shot at him: The Knicks (cap space), Lakers (trade) and Clippers (cap space). Maybe Portland and Orlando.

Joey Zaza
06-27-2011, 11:38 AM
Guaranteed $8, or opt-out and face an uncertain market, with an uncertain cap and uncertain rules -- all following surgery.

West is very good, borderline all-star, he'd be beautiful on SA/Phx/Bos/Cle/Orl and he has balls...

...but its not the choice I would make.

bluechox2
06-27-2011, 11:43 AM
knicks will have capt space no matter what next season, may it be 9 mil or 15 mil, it depends on which way the cba puts the cap at. and with the cba shrinking the salaries, 9 mill might be enough to get chris paul

Rose
06-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Wow.

This is really a questionable decision considering that West is coming off of major knee surgery to repair his ACL/MCL, is already 30, and has basically suggested hes worth more than the $8 Million hes been paid.

Honestly, I think the best case scenario for him is to hope he can work out a longterm deal with the Hornets. The only problem is that with the NBA owning them, David West having a longterm deal along with Okafor will actually make the franchise look less attractive to a buyer.

This is without a doubt a sign of the end if New Orleans cant bring him back, I know they like Carl Landry but West is a better & more consistent player.
This is what I came here to post.

All Net
06-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Lakers? :confusedshrug:

not needed

insidehoops
06-27-2011, 02:05 PM
He's officially opted out and become a free agent:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7886

blablabla
06-27-2011, 02:25 PM
weren't the nets interested in him

Maniak
06-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Wouldn't mind throwing a few dollars at him and bringing him to Phoenix.

Probably not going to happen, though. Seeing as we just drafted Markieff.

bagelred
06-27-2011, 03:12 PM
The New Orleans Hornets owner was asked what he thought of David West's decision. Sir?

http://www.earthsmightiest.com/images/users/uploads/249/weekend%20at%20bernies%20face.jpg

He had no comment.

niko
06-27-2011, 03:35 PM
i like West, but he's a shit rebounder for his position, and he's coming off a bad injury. He could turn out to be fine,but he also could turn out to be an injured player not the same, for 4 years at big money.

WeGetRing2012
06-27-2011, 04:31 PM

Are we setting ourselves up for a CP3-headed-to-the-lakers?

CP3 is going to the knicks. We are looking at Howard and Dwill.

dallaslonghorn
06-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Also, I think the Pacers should sign West, and let him completely heal before playing him, they have two capable power forwards already for the short term. I also think they should trade Hibbert in a S&T for Greg Oden, and let him heal completely. They should try re-sign Dunleavy Jr and Foster for peanuts, while waiving (or buying-out) D. Jones and Ford.
PG: Collison/ Hill/ Price
SG: George/ Rush/ Stephenson
SF: Granger/ Dunleavy Jr./ Posey
PF: West/ Hansborough/ McRoberts
CT: Oden/ Foster/ S. Jones

That's a 4 seed right there (assuming they keep good health)

Agree with you that a front-court of West and Hibbert isn't going to work defensively.

I'm all for taking risks, but giving $60 million plus guaranteed to TWO big men coming off serious knee surgery ... whoa. That's a gamble.

Rowe
06-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Guaranteed $8, or opt-out and face an uncertain market, with an uncertain cap and uncertain rules -- all following surgery.

West is very good, borderline all-star, he'd be beautiful on SA/Phx/Bos/Cle/Orl and he has balls...

...but its not the choice I would make.

Thats how I see it too. The $8 Million he would've made makes more sense than trying to hope a team gambles longterm for more money than he was previously due while coming off a major injury.

He may get a rude awakening just like Ron Artest did a few years ago. In Ron's case he saved face by signing for a full MLE deal at 5/$33 Million on a Championship team. Maybe West could follow the same route, but this time to a team like San Antonio.

Haymaker
06-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Thats how I see it too. The $8 Million he would've made makes more sense than trying to hope a team gambles longterm for more money than he was previously due while coming off a major injury.

He may get a rude awakening just like Ron Artest did a few years ago. In Ron's case he saved face by signing for a full MLE deal at 5/$33 Million on a Championship team. Maybe West could follow the same route, but this time to a team like San Antonio. We got McDyess, having West is redundant. Let the Celtics have him.

SCY
06-27-2011, 05:24 PM
We got McDyess, having West is redundant. Let the Celtics have him.

Trolling? McDyess is not half the player West is and is most likely retiring.

Rowe
06-27-2011, 05:31 PM
We got McDyess, having West is redundant. Let the Celtics have him.
Huh?

David West is a much better player than McDyess is right now, not to mention McDyess has already said he was planning on retiring.

joshwake
06-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Who the hell is his agent? this is a bad move, especially with a looming lockout. He could be 32 by the time he gets playing again. Who is going to be willing to pay more than 8 mil?

G-train
06-27-2011, 07:06 PM
So does anyone realistically think he would opt out if he didnt have a guarantee of more money from someone?

Please.

InspiredLebowski
06-27-2011, 07:11 PM
I guarantee you he gets a raise and at least a 4 year deal. Probably from Jersey.

G-train
06-27-2011, 07:24 PM
I guarantee you he gets a raise and at least a 4 year deal. Probably from Jersey.

Something like this.

This thread was a good opportunity to exercise your NBA mind and the reality of the NBA, not just what ESPN says or your emotional reaction.

Typical ISH reaction: "What a moron!"

Sit back and understand the NBA reaction: "Why would he do this? Why would I do this?"

Why would I do this? Because someone who can guarantee more money (a team with cap or my own organisation) has guaranteed more money/years.

ISH: "But wait thats against the rules!!!"

Sit back and understand the NBA reaction: Get real. In business rules are broken when its proven in court that they were broken.

Rose
06-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Even if it is Billy King....I really really doubt that. The torn ACL won't effect his game much if at all, but I can't seem him getting a raise being on the wrong side of 30 and 4 years.

ihatetimthomas
06-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Wow.

The NBA is headed for a lockout. This is going to give him a lot more time to heal and not miss any time. By the time the NBA season is going to begin, he will likely be healed. If there was no CBA negotiations looming, I think he would not opt out.

This current free agent class is not very strong. There will be teams who are interested in him.

Plus, he probably wants out bc he knows Paul is about to bolt. I dont think he would want to sign long term there. The Hornets future is looking bleak.

Him opting out makes sense to me for the above reasons.

Skywalker
06-27-2011, 09:18 PM
should fetch somethin like either

2 yr 18 mil or 3 yr 24 mil

hawkfan
06-27-2011, 11:41 PM
Phoenix.

And then they can move Warrick to reserves besides Frye.

FourthTenor
06-28-2011, 12:48 AM

He may get a rude awakening just like Ron Artest did a few years ago. In Ron's case he saved face by signing for a full MLE deal at 5/$33 Million on a Championship team. Maybe West could follow the same route, but this time to a team like San Antonio.

Dude its a virtual certainty he's gonna get at least like 25 million dollars. And as soon as he scribbles his name on the dotted line, its guaranteed.

As opposed to only 8 million left on a contract and having to risk further damage and possibly career ending injury for an entire season without any insurance past that season.

This is actually a no brainer for David West. Whoever his agent is has been doing this for years and knows what hes doing. Slow your roles, ISH financial advisers...

Maybe Milwaukee works out a sign and trade,

WeGetRing2012
06-28-2011, 01:15 AM
I always thought he would go to the Spurs.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-28-2011, 04:23 AM
If he leaves NO, so does Chris Paul. Rondo and Green could get it done...

ihatetimthomas
06-28-2011, 04:27 AM

It doesnt matter if West leaves or stays, Paul is leaving no matter what. West is not a good enough incentive.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-28-2011, 04:30 AM
It doesnt matter if West leaves or stays, Paul is leaving no matter what. West is not a good enough incentive.

Well yeah, but I think this pushes the deal ahead.

WeGetRing2012
06-28-2011, 05:25 AM
:lol :lol keep dreaming...

BlackWhiteGreen
06-28-2011, 06:05 AM
:lol :lol keep dreaming...

Name the better offer with an elite PG.

Meticode
06-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Does anyone know the possibly destination teams of who can realistically sign him?

BlackWhiteGreen
06-28-2011, 10:27 AM
Does anyone know the possibly destination teams of who can realistically sign him?

In terms of signing him outright? Not sure, and those that can might not be able to post-lockout...

da dream
06-28-2011, 10:37 AM

No team is going to trade anything of value for Paul unless they know he wants to sign there long term. That takes out about 90% of the league. The only way I see NO trading Paul is if Okafur is included as well, but we won't know if thats possible until a new CBA.

Skywalker
06-28-2011, 10:52 AM
apparently it will be Indiana and New Jersey in on him

if Indy got him they'd be DIRTYYYY

collison(33)/hill (22)
george (28)/rush (13)
granger (35)/dunny (13)
west(34) /hansbrough (24)
hibbert (28)/foster (10)

somethin like that would be sick

Meticode
06-28-2011, 11:11 AM
In terms of signing him outright? Not sure, and those that can might not be able to post-lockout...
True. If I remember correctly 22 NBA teams are losing money.

Rose
06-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Russy+Perkins.

I really think CP3 goes to OKC, when OKC extends him.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-28-2011, 02:14 PM
No team is going to trade anything of value for Paul unless they know he wants to sign there long term. That takes out about 90% of the league. The only way I see NO trading Paul is if Okafur is included as well, but we won't know if thats possible until a new CBA.

If the rumours about Paul and Howard wanting to play together are true, Boston is the ideal destination, and CP3 would sign an extension there if Howard were to come.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Russy+Perkins.

I really think CP3 goes to OKC, when OKC extends him.

Don't see why NO wants any part of Perkins' contract, never mind him as a player.

niko
06-28-2011, 02:36 PM
If the rumours about Paul and Howard wanting to play together are true, Boston is the ideal destination, and CP3 would sign an extension there if Howard were to come.
is that a rumor Celtic fans made up like the Nets fans want to think DWill and Howard are bbf's? So he has to come to their team? Can i make up a story where howard only wants to play with Melo?

Rowe
06-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Who was the last big time Free Agent to sign in Boston?

History lesson for you.

Rowe
06-28-2011, 02:40 PM
apparently it will be Indiana and New Jersey in on him

if Indy got him they'd be DIRTYYYY

collison(33)/hill (22)
george (28)/rush (13)
granger (35)/dunny (13)
west(34) /hansbrough (24)
hibbert (28)/foster (10)

somethin like that would be sick

Not really. They're still getting bounced in Round 1 with that lineup.

Does someone out there believe Danny Granger can carry a team deep into the Playoffs?

Rose
06-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Don't see why NO wants any part of Perkins' contract, never mind him as a player.
Offer the incentive of Russy+Harden+Perkins for
CP3+Ariza or Emeka.

And funny how Perkins went from OH! if we have him we win game 7, to why the **** would the Hornets want him?!!?!?

If they get Emeka they basically replace Perkins with a more expensive version but a slightly more offensively enabled guy. Plus it gives them a better point guard, and the perfect one for Durant. Hell they could take both Ariza and Emeka probably.

CP3-Ariza-Durant-Ibaka-Emeka
Maynor-Sefo-Cook?-Collison-Aldrich

That's a ****ing great defensive line-up and a solid offensive line-up.

TylerOO
06-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Latest rumors say he wants to go to Miami. Not sure how that would work. Bosh at C?

WeGetRing2012
06-28-2011, 06:44 PM

Rondo elite :wtf:

Rondo's talent seems to shine when he plays alongside 3 hall of famers.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Jesus, one at a time.

is that a rumor Celtic fans made up like the Nets fans want to think DWill and Howard are bbf's? So he has to come to their team? Can i make up a story where howard only wants to play with Melo?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/30/dwight-howard-wants-to-play-with-chris-paul-jameer-who/

History lesson for you.

Last one to sign in NJ, OKC?

Offer the incentive of Russy+Harden+Perkins for
CP3+Ariza or Emeka.

And funny how Perkins went from OH! if we have him we win game 7, to why the **** would the Hornets want him?!!?!?

Westbrook + Harden > CP3, as that is effectively the trade. They're both younger and have high ceilings.

And you're taking that statement way out of context - it has been said (not by everyone) that Perk could have made the difference in game 6 OR 7, game 7 being the primary example as LA got 23 offensive boards and Perk was a guy who manned the paint for us. That does NOT make him an asset for a rebuilding team. Anderson Varejao would have been useful for the Celtics in game 7, but would you say he is an asset to the rebuilding Cavs (especially considering his ludicrous contract)?

Hell they could take both Ariza and Emeka probably.

Really, where are these $34m in contracts coming from on OKC? They only have $49m in contracts next year and take away Durant's $13m that leaves $36m, there no way OKC guts practically their entire roster for CP3.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Rondo elite :wtf:

Rondo's talent seems to shine when he plays alongside 3 hall of famers.

Seeing as you haven't seen him play without 3 HoFs you can't reasonably make that argument.

Also, during the 2010 playoff run (widely considered Rondo's best stretch of his career) his assists went down as the big 3's scoring went up. But he's only good if the big 3 are good!

LJJ
06-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Really, where are these $34m in contracts coming from on OKC? They only have $49m in contracts next year and take away Durant's $13m that leaves $36m, there no way OKC guts practically their entire roster for CP3.

Simple. Add a third team who doesn't mind taking on a few extra contracts.

OKC gets:
Chris Paul
Emeka Okafor
Manny Harris

NO gets:
Russell Westbrook
Antwan Jamison
Nate Robinson
Cole Aldridge

Cleveland gets:
Kendrick Perkins
Trevor Ariza
Thabo Sefolosha
Royal Ivey
(and uses part of their trade exception)

OKC gets Paul and upgrades Perkins and keeps Harden. NO loses A LOT of contracts and adds a young star in Westbrook. Cleveland gets a starting SF and C which they sorely lack for just laying in the cut.

Jasper
06-28-2011, 09:26 PM
I think West bounces back from the knee issue.

problem is as I stated in a few threads this is the PF era , and really only a few teams are without a legit PF that can play ton's of competitive minutes .

He is in a rock and a hard place trying to get with a contender.

He can only hope that N.O. gets into a sign and trade scenario, because his free agent market value is only with about 5 teams that could use his services.
Suns , Oak , Nuggets , Cats are what I consider players

Trade scenario's would be with Spurs , hawks , Bucks and Nets

Playoff contenders trade scenario's : Celtics , Orlando

---------------
He might be in a position to get a 1 - 2 year deal and try again .. but my guess his best option is Oak :confusedshrug:

If he wants t ofinish his career with one team , Cats would finalize that

niko
06-28-2011, 09:37 PM
I think West bounces back from the knee issue.

problem is as I stated in a few threads this is the PF era , and really only a few teams are without a legit PF that can play ton's of competitive minutes .

He is in a rock and a hard place trying to get with a contender.

He can only hope that N.O. gets into a sign and trade scenario, because his free agent market value is only with about 5 teams that could use his services.
Suns , Oak , Nuggets , Cats are what I consider players

Trade scenario's would be with Spurs , hawks , Bucks and Nets

Playoff contenders trade scenario's : Celtics , Orlando

---------------
He might be in a position to get a 1 - 2 year deal and try again .. but my guess his best option is Oak :confusedshrug:

If he wants t ofinish his career with one team , Cats would finalize that

Nets could offer him big money without S&T.

Jasper
06-28-2011, 09:48 PM
They have a very good young buck in Humph a PF right now .... but if I recall he is a un-restricted free agent ?? (I say they keep him)

They are in a pickle because they might want to bank on keeping D-Will , but IMO he walks and heads to NY.

So unless a player like West that were to come to the Nets could get some guarennteeeee from D-Will , I doubt he would sign.

LA_Showtime
06-28-2011, 10:10 PM
From the sounds of it he's not going back to New Orleans. He said he wants to win. It'd be crazy if he signed for the mid-level exception. He'd be a great fit in San Antonio.

Jasper
06-28-2011, 10:28 PM
From the sounds of it he's not going back to New Orleans. He said he wants to win. It'd be crazy if he signed for the mid-level exception. He'd be a great fit in San Antonio.

Can they even afford him , without doing a sign and trade with N.O. :confusedshrug:

HylianNightmare
06-29-2011, 12:06 AM
hopefully we can maeka move for paul now

32MJ32
06-29-2011, 01:49 AM
this is 100% correct.

David West isnt really that good anyway. He was rocking with CP3 in his 2 All Star appearances. He's just an undersized jump shooting PF that doesnt really do anything else for you other than that. And to add on to the fact that he's coming back from a season ending injury in his 30's.

.... he would be a nice piece for the Pacers though :lol

I think you're underrating him. Smart player. Knows how to get good shots, rarely takes a bad one. Killer player in the pick and pop. Limited athlete, which hurts him defensively but tough which almost makes up for it. His pick and roll defense went up a notch this year under Monty Williams, too.

He's not a franchise player but he's still good.

I'd say he's a rich man's Kurt Thomas, which is a compliment, as Kurt Thomas has been a contributor on some very good teams. Smart big guys with nice touch like Kurt (and KG, Juwan Howard, Karl Malone, Webber etc.) stay effective in the league for a long time, too - longer than most athletic 4's.

West should be useful into his mid-30's, as will dudes like Boozer and Al Horford. Something to take into account.

G-train
06-29-2011, 01:57 AM
They have a very good young buck in Humph a PF right now

Debateable.

All Net
06-29-2011, 03:15 AM
What good team even has cap space to sign him? how will he join a top team?

magnax1
06-29-2011, 03:42 AM
They have a very good young buck in Humph a PF right now .... but if I recall he is a un-restricted free agent ?? (I say they keep him)

They are in a pickle because they might want to bank on keeping D-Will , but IMO he walks and heads to NY.

So unless a player like West that were to come to the Nets could get some guarennteeeee from D-Will , I doubt he would sign.
Humphries is horrible. Worst starting PF I can think of, and his rebounding stats are massively inflated.

Hondo
06-29-2011, 05:15 AM

History lesson for you.

KG kind of counts, as a sign and trade. If you don't count him, then:
Shaquille O'Neal
Jermaine O'Neal
Delonte West
Rasheed Wallace
Stephon Marbury
PJ Brown
James Posey
Dominique Wilkins
David Wesley

Why so few free agents? The Celtics have always been master drafters, and have traded for some amazing talent over the years. There's no arguing with that, because they have the most NBA championships in the history of the NBA.

So free agents? Who cares.