PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony will win the MVP next season

LosBulls
06-27-2011, 05:10 AM
If he isn't the MVP the next year I will leave these forums forever. Somebody bump this at the end of next season or by All-Star break and if he isn't in the running of the MVP by all-star break then I will leave early.

Carmelo Anthony WILL lead the league in scoring,and he WILL lead all small forwards in rebounds. Book It.

The-Legend-24
06-27-2011, 05:14 AM
K.

brownmamba00
06-27-2011, 05:16 AM
D-Will for MVP next year:rockon: :rockon:

Toizumi
06-27-2011, 05:18 AM
If he isn't the MVP the next year I will leave these forums forever. Somebody bump this at the end of next season or by All-Star break and if he isn't in the running of the MVP by all-star break then I will leave early.

:rolleyes: I've read sh*t like this on ISH so often, I'm surprised we have any posters left..

Carmelo Anthony WILL lead the league in scoring,and he WILL lead all small forwards in rebounds. Book It.

LeBron James and Kevin Durant say hi...

Amare Stoudemire as well. Anthony has to share the spotlight.

DirkNowitzki41
06-27-2011, 05:22 AM
Dirk. 2 MVPS, 2 FMVPS, a year from now. :bowdown:

The-Legend-24
06-27-2011, 05:25 AM
Nah, i see kobe winning MVP scoring title all star MVP finals MVP and the title. :rockon:

Hondo
06-27-2011, 05:37 AM
Sadly, it'll probably be James or Wade. They are going to re-tool and run over the league.

Sigh

dbugz
06-27-2011, 05:43 AM
It's either D. Rose or Durant

brain drain
06-27-2011, 05:49 AM
Sadly, it'll probably be James or Wade. They are going to re-tool and run over the league.

Sigh

Lebron & Wade most probably won't win MVP (simply because they're on the same team and both are seen as being on a similar level).
Carmelo & Amare is basically the same.

My bet would be one of Durant, Dirk or Kobe, basically stars that have teams that are good enough to get one of the league's top records while not having a secondary star that is considered to be on the same level as them.

brain drain
06-27-2011, 05:51 AM
It's either D. Rose or Durant

Rose getting 2 MVPs in a row would be about as bad or even worse than Nash's back 2 back MVPs.
Also, the series against Miami probably killed all his chances at MVP for at least the next season.

alenleomessi
06-27-2011, 05:55 AM
Durant

Doranku
06-27-2011, 06:02 AM

Sigh

Until the Finals come around and Baby Bron Bron start hidin' in the corner. :roll:

Bigsmoke
06-27-2011, 06:04 AM
Unless the Knicks win 60 something games because he has a better chance of winning it in Denver. Kobe is declining... get used to it.

i think Durant will win it since i do think he is better than Derrick Rose and have plenty of room to improve.

kurple
06-27-2011, 06:38 AM
Carmelo has to be the leading SF rebounder for the Knicks to being close to relevant next season. IF they decide to go for the 2012 FA's ofc, and many things can change after that.

But his rebounding was needed in Denver as well, but it never reached our expectations

Sarcastic
06-27-2011, 07:30 AM
If the Knicks win 55+ games, he will definitely have a shot.

Clutch
06-27-2011, 07:39 AM
Carmelo has to be the leading SF rebounder for the Knicks to being close to relevant next season. IF they decide to go for the 2012 FA's ofc, and many things can change after that.

But his rebounding was needed in Denver as well, but it never reached our expectations
Melo has 6.3 career average in rebounds.
In last 4 seasons in Denver he averaged 7.1 rebounds per game.

That's elite numbers for a small forward.
There are just a few small forwards better than him in that department.

Back on topic:
Melo has a shot at winning the MVP next season because there is a big chance Knicks will have a nice increase in wins.If he has a good scoring year and starts to rebound like he did in the playoffs he has a shot at having 28/8/4 season.

When you combine 28/8/4 with a big increase in wins he has a shot at winning the MVP.

I don't know will it happen but you can't rule him out.

Bigsmoke
06-27-2011, 07:43 AM

If the Thunder can stay heathy. I think they can win 60.

I think Perkins is overrated but its a fact that having him and Serge Ibaka is hell of a lot much better than Jeff Green and Krstic. hell.. Ibaka >>> Green. Now the Thunder are going to have that frount court for an entire season.

Bertz
06-27-2011, 07:43 AM
Anthony has to share the spotlight, so no.

Howard is my no. 1 favourite to win it next year.

Bigsmoke
06-27-2011, 07:48 AM

Back on topic:
Melo has a shot at winning the MVP next season because there is a big chance Knicks will have a nice increase in wins.If he has a good scoring year and starts to rebound like he did in the playoffs he has a shot at having 28/8/4 season.

When you combine 28/8/4 with a big increase in wins he has a shot at winning the MVP.

I think Amare have to miss some time as well. I dont see Melo winning the MVP with Amare playing in 78+ games for some reason.

The Ownage
06-27-2011, 07:58 AM
Melo has a shot, but I think it's most likely Durant. Ya never know though, the 2010-2011 season was full of madness, anything can happen.

Clutch
06-27-2011, 08:01 AM
I think Amare have to miss some time as well. I dont see Melo winning the MVP with Amare playing in 78+ games for some reason.
Depends.

If Amare and Melo both score around 25 PPG I don't see him winning the MVP.

But if Melo becomes undisputed #1 option and scores 27+ PPG with Amare scoring around 20 PPG I think he can have a shot.

As a Knicks fan I really don't care who will score more between those two.I just want to see Knicks winning a game.
Melo was our 1st option in late game situations since he came in New York but other than that I think they shared it very well.

Harison
06-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Melo wont win the MVP, two reasons - Amare (if he isnt scoring, whats the use of him?), also Knicks wont have the best record (hence neither Amare or Melo will get MVP).

kurple
06-27-2011, 08:35 AM

why are you telling me this? I know how good a rebounder Melo was.

Clutch
06-27-2011, 08:38 AM
why are you telling me this? I know how good a rebounder Melo was.
Because you said:

What did you expect him to do ? Average 10 RPG as a SF ?
He was an elite rebounder for his position,I don't think you can ask for much more.

pgm
06-27-2011, 09:07 AM

This. Also, he'll need to strike the right balance between meshing with Amare and outplaying him to the extent that it's clearly his team. That'll be quite a task.

Baring another great story like Rose next season, I think Durant and Dwight Howard are the most likely contenders depending on how well their teams do. If neither team gets near a top seed and the Heat dominate, I think LeBron will be the MVP.

kurple
06-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Because you said:

What did you expect him to do ? Average 10 RPG as a SF ?
He was an elite rebounder for his position,I don't think you can ask for much more.
You think he can average 8rpg and 4apg.. I don't see him doing that

NugzHeat3
06-27-2011, 09:16 AM

Cool story bro.

Melo's chances hurt from having Amare next to him since they are similar players on the same tier. The Knicks will have to win close to 60 games which isn't happening.

Ikill
06-27-2011, 09:39 AM
You think he can average 8rpg and 4apg.. I don't see him doing that
I think he is going to do 4 assists for sure he going to be handling the ball more in New York. The rebounds will depend on how motivated he's capable of getting 8 he could get 9 if he really wanted to. I'll say 27/7/3 and good efficiency

Ikill
06-27-2011, 09:48 AM
Cool story bro.

Melo's chances hurt from having Amare next to him since they are similar players on the same tier. The Knicks will have to win close to 60 games which isn't happening.
I don't get the similar player shit they both hit the mid range shot but Amare is a great off the ball player and finisher while Melo is great post player that can also handle the ball. I think there a great fit. Melo is more talented they might of played on the same tier last year but Melo can take his game to another level while that was the best we saw of Amare.

Ikill
06-27-2011, 09:49 AM
If the Thunder can stay heathy. I think they can win 60.

I think Perkins is overrated but its a fact that having him and Serge Ibaka is hell of a lot much better than Jeff Green and Krstic. hell.. Ibaka >>> Green. Now the Thunder are going to have that frount court for an entire season.
I think Tunder will have a down year it happens to all young teams

wally_world
06-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Lol good luck with that

bluechox2
06-27-2011, 10:12 AM
he will be

Faberg
06-27-2011, 11:44 AM
We'd have to win like 55-60 games next season, go on a major winning streak.

Melo would have to be playing consistent defense to consider getting honors.

brain drain
06-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Melo would have to be playing consistent defense to consider getting honors.

Melo? With D'Antoni as coach? LMAO. Not going to happen.

ThaSwagg3r
06-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Nope, as long as Amare Stoudemire is in NY, Melo isn't going to be winning any MVPs. Durant has a much better shot winning the MVP next season than Melo does that's for sure. If you were to ask me to predict the MVP for next season, I would say Durant.

28renyoy
06-27-2011, 11:51 AM
I think Tunder will have a down year it happens to all young teams

Didn't you say the exact same thing before last year's season? You just hate Durant..

OKC went 19-4 after the Perkins trade and made the WCF, should have made the Finals if they could close. They will win 60+ next year

knickswin
06-27-2011, 11:56 AM
Melo? With D'Antoni as coach? LMAO. Not going to happen.

Melo played D pretty well for us while he was here. Mike D'Antoni has no problem with players putting forth individual defensive efforts. It's his team defensive schemes that can leave you wanting.

I think Carmelo has a great shot at the MVP. He was playing great in New York last year even with a crappy cast and half-baked schemes created on the fly. I think D'Antoni sees the potential in him to become a more efficient scorer by playing off-ball more and by making his moves quickly rather than isolating forever like he did in Denver. I think Melo also has the potential to be a better playmaker.

As far as Amare being on the team goes, Carmelo is pretty clearly the number one guy. He's just more skilled and talented.

Rose
06-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Ehh. I doubt it. He doesn't care enough to win it. He only plays his best basketball against his best competition.

Scoooter
06-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Melo played D pretty well for us while he was here. Mike D'Antoni has no problem with players putting forth individual defensive efforts. It's his team defensive schemes that can leave you wanting.

I think Carmelo has a great shot at the MVP. He was playing great in New York last year even with a crappy cast and half-baked schemes created on the fly. I think D'Antoni sees the potential in him to become a more efficient scorer by playing off-ball more and by making his moves quickly rather than isolating forever like he did in Denver. I think Melo also has the potential to be a better playmaker.

As far as Amare being on the team goes, Carmelo is pretty clearly the number one guy. He's just more skilled and talented.
But arguably less effective.

I think Melo will play well enough to win MVP - he's definitely good enough offensively, and I think we'll see that aspect of his game broaden under D'Antoni - but I also think he'll have the same problem LeBron and Dwyane Wade have, the other star. It's just too much help.

Dwight or Dirk should have won it last season, but it's hard to pick Dwight with all the potential drama surrounding his contract situation. Could be a lame duck situation. Maybe Durant, but he was overshadowed by Westbrook quite a bit this past season.

NuggetsFan
06-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Maybe if he finally decides to win a scoring title. Past like 5 years feels like everyone and there mother has predicted Melo to win one, but always come up short. Before his sucker punch he was at like 30ish I think, on 50% shooting too.

Anyways Melo is kinda screwed for an MVP now. Regardless if you think he's better than Durant(witch I would agree with) chances are the Thunder\Knicks record is pretty similar next year. Durant will probably have better numbers too. LeBron|Wade will probably have better numbers and record. Dwight.

I dunno Melo's just one tiny step below the truly elite players. I wouldn't bet on him winning an MVP. Who know's tho, wouldn't have bet on Derrick Rose winning the MVP last year.

Theoo's Daddy
06-27-2011, 12:43 PM
OKC won't have enough wins for durant to be MVP, melo too. OKC are about to lose maurice cheeks, last season they lost their defensive coach ron adams to the bulls and their defense went to shit, while the bulls defense dominated. I think maurice cheeks helps out alot in running their offense,if he leaves their offense takes a hit, scott brooks will not be enough to get them that much wins. Durant has scoring title on lock though.

Ikill
06-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Maybe if he finally decides to win a scoring title. Past like 5 years feels like everyone and there mother has predicted Melo to win one, but always come up short. Before his sucker punch he was at like 30ish I think, on 50% shooting too.

Anyways Melo is kinda screwed for an MVP now. Regardless if you think he's better than Durant(witch I would agree with) chances are the Thunder\Knicks record is pretty similar next year. Durant will probably have better numbers too. LeBron|Wade will probably have better numbers and record. Dwight.

I dunno Melo's just one tiny step below the truly elite players. I wouldn't bet on him winning an MVP. Who know's tho, wouldn't have bet on Derrick Rose winning the MVP last year.
yeah why was he never able to do it again 30 on 50% or anything close to it

1Time4YourMind
06-27-2011, 01:00 PM
the new york media might make it happen :lol but i would only consider it if he stepped up his defense.

NuggetsFan
06-27-2011, 01:04 PM
yeah why was he never able to do it again 30 on 50% or anything close to it

Without looking I want to say he hit 25-28 on 48% or 49% in a season. Not 30 on 50% but kinda close. I think it just comes down to shot selection for Melo. If he wants to pound the ball inside and bully people he's alot more efficient. When he settles for the jumper to much I think his %'s drop from the games where his jumper is off.

LeFraud James
06-27-2011, 01:06 PM
I can see Durant winning it.

I.R.Beast
06-27-2011, 01:06 PM
D-Will for MVP next year:rockon: :rockon:

I think he will be MVP as well....He and Melo are in Prime position for MVP considerations early and i think they will and should be the early favorites with D-will edging melo out for the award.

Theoo's Daddy
06-27-2011, 01:08 PM
I think he will be MVP as well....He and Melo are in Prime position for MVP considerations early and i think they will and should be the early favorites with D-will edging melo out for the award.
:oldlol: :oldlol: , Melo is a late bloomer. He will get his MVP 3 years down the line. Not now.

Sarcastic
06-27-2011, 01:13 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: , Melo is a late bloomer. He will get his MVP 3 years down the line. Not now.

LeBron has peaked. He will never achieve the dominance he did a few years back.

I.R.Beast
06-27-2011, 01:26 PM

I dont care about MVP awards...they're meaningless. The reason i think 1 of thsee 2 guys get the award is because they are in the perfect position to re-route struggling franchises as the franchise players for their respective squad. Cinderella story waiting to happen, the media loves that type of stuff.

D-will has the edge because he is a lone superstar a la Derrick Rose last year.

Theoo's Daddy
06-27-2011, 02:09 PM
I dont care about MVP awards...they're meaningless. The reason i think 1 of thsee 2 guys get the award is because they are in the perfect position to re-route struggling franchises as the franchise players for their respective squad. Cinderella story waiting to happen, the media loves that type of stuff.

D-will has the edge because he is a lone superstar a la Derrick Rose last year.

So you think the Nets will win 55 games next season ?? :oldlol: How many games was he winning in Utah ?

brownmamba00
06-27-2011, 02:16 PM
So you think the Nets will win 55 games next season ?? :oldlol: How many games was he winning in Utah ?
There won't be 55 games to win in the first place because of the lock-out.

He did improve the Nets instantly even tho he had that wrist injury that was clearly affecting his shooting.

Not saying he'll def. get the MVP award but there aren't going to be a lot MVP candidates next year outside of KD, DHO and maybe Kobe. If the Nets surround him with a legit cast I can see him getting MVP talk

az00m
06-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Nah, i see kobe winning MVP scoring title all star MVP finals MVP and the title. :rockon:

winnings finals mvp and a title is a double negative bro.

NBAller
06-27-2011, 02:20 PM

:cheers:

asu77golf
06-27-2011, 02:44 PM
I give him at best a 1 in 50 shot at it.

Maniak
06-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Durant or Howard for me.

D-Will is probably my dark horse.

Fatal9
06-27-2011, 02:58 PM
I hope he's working his ass off this summer. Last time I remembered hearing stories about him working hard in the off season, he made a big jump ('06). I expect a career year out of him because he'll be motivated but MVP is a bit much.

MeLO MvP 15
06-27-2011, 03:15 PM
I agree. Finally my username will be legit (except the #)

no pun intended
06-27-2011, 03:19 PM
I don't care who wins it, as long as LeBron and Wade don't win Co-MVP like they did with Co-Eastern Conference Players of the Month -_-

Brickz187
06-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Melo, Durant or Dwight winning it next year.

LosBulls
06-28-2011, 07:37 AM
Bump.

Bigsmoke
06-28-2011, 09:42 AM
OKC won't have enough wins for durant to be MVP, melo too. OKC are about to lose maurice cheeks, last season they lost their defensive coach ron adams to the bulls and their defense went to shit, while the bulls defense dominated. I think maurice cheeks helps out alot in running their offense,if he leaves their offense takes a hit, scott brooks will not be enough to get them that much wins. Durant has scoring title on lock though.

I always thought that Scott Brooks is REALLY GOOD at coaching. I think the Thunder will still be fine.

knickswin
06-28-2011, 10:29 AM
I always thought that Scott Brooks is REALLY GOOD at coaching. I think the Thunder will still be fine.
Scott Brooks is a terrible coach. He won COY because of Kevin Durant. He has no schemes and is not much of a game day coach

Stuckey
06-28-2011, 10:47 AM
durant
rose

are the favorites to win imo

new york sux they wont get 60 wins

Sarcastic
06-28-2011, 11:21 AM
durant
rose

are the favorites to win imo

new york sux they wont get 60 wins

Derrick Rose ain't winning back to back MVPs.

Melo doesn't need 60 wins to get MVP. Mid 50s will put him in contention.

Human Error
06-18-2012, 08:19 AM
LOL, Carmelo fans are so dumb.

Human Error
06-18-2012, 08:20 AM
LeBron has peaked. He will never achieve the dominance he did a few years back.
Is this idiot still posting? :oldlol:

Human Error
06-18-2012, 08:21 AM
I think Carmelo has a great shot at the MVP. He was playing great in New York last year even with a crappy cast and half-baked schemes created on the fly.
:facepalm

Human Error
06-18-2012, 08:23 AM
Melo has a shot at winning the MVP next season because there is a big chance Knicks will have a nice increase in wins. When you combine 28/8/4 with a big increase in wins he has a shot at winning the MVP.

LOL at this troll pretending to be objective by saying "can't rule him out". Rule him out already. :facepalm

SilkkTheShocker
06-18-2012, 08:27 AM
Melo = 2nd tier all-star

Amazing how Knick fans overrate all their players

Sarcastic
06-18-2012, 08:38 AM
Is this idiot still posting? :oldlol:

His numbers are still lower than his peak in Cleveland. :confusedshrug:

Oh, you mean he is finally not being outplayed by role players like Jason Terry in the playoffs anymore. Ok. True.

Human Error
06-18-2012, 08:45 AM
His numbers are still lower than his peak in Cleveland. :confusedshrug:

Oh, you mean he is finally not being outplayed by role players like Jason Terry in the playoffs anymore. Ok. True.
He's averaing 31/10/5 for the playoffs. He's put his team in a position to win the championship and is playing better defense than anyone. You are insane if you think LeBron has declined. Oh well, this is coming from a dude who thinks Carmelo deserves to be in MVP contention. :oldlol:

Sarcastic
06-18-2012, 08:49 AM
He's averaing 31/10/5 for the playoffs. He's put his team in a position to win the championship and is playing better defense than anyone. You are insane if you think LeBron has declined. Oh well, this is coming from a dude who thinks Carmelo deserves to be in MVP contention. :oldlol:

Coming off his sub 20ppg finals last year, it's no wonder that you are so astonished by his play. He is playing right now the way he should have been playing against the Mavs.

coin24
06-18-2012, 08:53 AM
Gotta give props to LeBron, he's finally showing up like people have been bitching about for the last 2 years now..:applause:

Its a shame wade has turned into a pile of crap though...

I think most people expected the Knicks to be a bit better this season, although after they got rid of Dantoni they had a pretty decent run.. Would have been good if they tanked for 8th spot..

Bigsmoke
06-18-2012, 09:06 AM
I think the Knicks will win like 55 games next season so maybe next year.

iDunk
06-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Our time will come..

KingBeasley08
06-18-2012, 10:53 AM
damn knick fans are crazy :roll:
LBJ- 3 MVPs
Melo- none

where imdaman or whatever? i remember him sayin melo was better than lebron :oldlol:

Human Error
06-22-2012, 08:03 PM
:cheers:

Maniak
06-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Well bumped.

The OP is a bit of a bitch and I highly doubt he'll follow up on this.

SilkkTheShocker
06-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Our time will come..

I can definitely see the Knicks making the 2nd round of the playoffs within the next 30 seasons.

SilkkTheShocker
06-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Well bumped.

The OP is a bit of a bitch and I highly doubt he'll follow up on this.

Lebron could win the next 5 titles and there will still be a group of Melo fans (aka drooling retards) that think Melo is a superstar or better than Bron :oldlol: