PDA

View Full Version : Point Guard Issues

idizzle
12-21-2006, 06:16 PM
We gotta do something about our PG situation, no disrespect to Speedy Claxton but he is more of backup to me in a way, we need a true point. We gotta trade for one or draft one. Their are well known PG's that will be free agents next summer, Mike Bibby, Chauncey Billips, Flip Murray ( he has an option to opt out his deal he has with the Pistons, Mo Williams, Smush Parker, Charlie Bell, Travis Deiner. We need a ****ing point guard and a decent man in the middle.

lakerfreak
12-22-2006, 03:15 AM
Whats wrong with lue?

hotsizzle
12-22-2006, 07:27 AM
We gotta do something about our PG situation, no disrespect to Speedy Claxton but he is more of backup to me in a way, we need a true point. We gotta trade for one or draft one. Their are well known PG's that will be free agents next summer, Mike Bibby, Chauncey Billips, Flip Murray ( he has an option to opt out his deal he has with the Pistons, Mo Williams, Smush Parker, Charlie Bell, Travis Deiner. We need a ****ing point guard and a decent man in the middle.

we'll give u smush for lue straight up. do it

idizzle
12-22-2006, 01:06 PM
Lue is straight but like he's said in the past before he's a backup and he knows he a backup we need a real starting point guard.

wally_world
12-23-2006, 08:23 AM
Speedy is pretty much a pure PG... he's top 5 in steals, a great passer and takes it hard to the rim!

idizzle
02-09-2007, 02:14 PM
I think the Hawks should go for Marcus Banks. He actually plays better starting than come off the bench, plus Phoenix ain't doing **** with him.

hawks4life
02-09-2007, 03:10 PM
if speedy and tlue were completely healthy we would probably be just fine at pg :/

we could replace zaza and that would help us out quite a bit

csc30
02-09-2007, 06:05 PM
I like the idea of trading Speedy. I think we should keep Lue and put him in as a starter, if he wants to come off of the bench, that is ok too. Don't forget, we have Royal Ivey and when he has a good number of minutes, he plays a lot better. I hope Marvin's shooting percentage is a lot better tonight, I will keep my fingers crossed.

idizzle
02-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Royal Ivey is a good on defense, he's not a scorer.

csc30
02-10-2007, 01:41 AM
You don't have to be a scorer to be a good point guard.

idizzle
02-10-2007, 11:48 AM
I know that but I'm talking about our starting point guard.

frankthetank966
02-11-2007, 06:44 PM
I think Lue is by far much better than Smush but I would def. like to get Billups. Lue is a good 6th man.

idizzle
02-15-2007, 02:37 PM
I like Earl Watson's game. He would be a good fit for the Hawks, him and Joe Johnson would be a good backcourt. I would like to see either Earl Watson, Mo Williams, Filp Murray, Smush Parker, Chris Duhon, or Marcus Banks. These are guys can play in the system the Hawks run or play the in run and gun offense and they can put up numbers when they start.

frankthetank966
02-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Hopefully we can get rid of speedy and salim and get ridnour!!!

idizzle
02-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Their is hope after all. Billy Kinight is actually doing something smart for a change.

EuroWise
02-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Do you like TJ Ford??

Would you like to trade for him? Maybe you can offer Marvin Williams or Josh.

You team needs a good PG who distribute the ball now!!

idizzle
03-05-2007, 09:47 PM
We didn't get Luke Ridnior at the trade dead line and we got a another 3 start point guard. If Billy The Dumbass Knight is smart when summer comes he will sign a quality starting point guard seeing that Phoenix has our first round pick and Dallas has our second round pick. I been paying attention to some of the point guards from the D-League he can sign one of them. Frank Williams is a decent point guard.

idizzle
03-05-2007, 09:49 PM
The Raptors wouldn't give up TJ Ford seeing that they gave him an extension but he would be a good fit for the Hawks.

j Fresh
03-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Somewhere Chris Paul must be laughing histerically

RapsFan
03-06-2007, 12:37 AM
Do you like TJ Ford??

Would you like to trade for him? Maybe you can offer Marvin Williams or Josh.

You team needs a good PG who distribute the ball now!!

I hope you aren't saying Josh Smith. There is no way the Hawks move Smith for TJ Ford.

They do need a PG though.....Sheldon Williams or Foye/Roy......Marvin or CP, Dwill, felton....hmmm

Wait how about they deal a high 2nd round pick in a loaded draft, for Anthony Johnson who might help them win a game or two, thus lowering their amount of ping pong balls.

lovethetriangle
03-06-2007, 02:03 AM
We'll give you Smush for Joe Johnson's Mom.

idizzle
03-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Does Billy Knight really have the smarts to get a point guard? Check this out!

"The word is the Blazers love former Tech star Jarrett Jack, but think Brandon Roy is really a PG (and they have ample insurance in promising rookie Sergio Rodriguez), and might be willing to part with Jack for a much-needed small forward

idizzle
04-25-2007, 10:49 AM
Gilbert Arenas can sign an extention for 3 more years to stay in Washington. Man, wouldn't it be great to have Gil and J.J. in the same backcourt but is only a pipe dream. :ohwell: :(

idizzle
05-01-2007, 09:05 PM
The Orlando Magic have a stock load of point guards, **** we could get one of them.

AtTheDriveIn
05-02-2007, 02:26 AM
The Orlando Magic have a stock load of point guards, **** we could get one of them.

You can take all our point guards if you want, Free of charge, that way we can sign someone a lot better. Trust me, our Point Guards aren't what any team would be looking for.

All our Point Guards are based on "Oh, they should be good someday". Atlanta needs point guards now, they can't afford to take on another couple of guys who are just based on the potential that they'll be good.

idizzle
05-02-2007, 09:56 AM
True that but I think out of all the guards they have Carlos Arroyo and Jameer Nelson are true point guards, all the others are undersize shooting guards.

AtTheDriveIn
05-03-2007, 04:14 AM
True that but I think out of all the guards they have Carlos Arroyo and Jameer Nelson are true point guards, all the others are undersize shooting guards.

Both would rather shoot then pass though. Not really true point guards, Arroyo is kind of like the really poor mans Stephon Marbury and Jameer is, well he just either is jealous it's not his team, or doesn't understand he can't shoot as well as he thinks he can.

jailer
05-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Yeah speedy is getting old and lue is like a poor man earl watson.What about acie law3 or mike connely jr?

baller42590
05-11-2007, 09:53 AM
i say u guys trade ur 1st round pick 2 CHI 4 duhon or/and thabo lol:cheers:

idizzle
05-20-2007, 02:05 PM
The Hawks are talking about getting some European point guard name Theodoros Papaloukas. Why the hell they gotta get someone from overseas when he can sign Mo Williams or someone thats a free agent in the NBA. I don't trust thing that Billy Knight does.

AtTheDriveIn
05-21-2007, 03:54 AM
The Hawks are talking about getting some European point guard name Theodoros Papaloukas. Why the hell they gotta get someone from overseas when he can sign Mo Williams or someone thats a free agent in the NBA. I don't trust thing that Billy Knight does.

Hahah, you obviously don't watch much more then NBA and streetball probably.
Some European Point Guard?

Papaloukas is MUCH better then Williams.

trig
05-21-2007, 06:50 AM
Speedy is pretty much a pure PG... he's top 5 in steals, a great passer and takes it hard to the rim!

And after he takes it to the rim, he's already injured even before he comes down hehe

idizzle
05-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Hahah, you obviously don't watch much more then NBA and streetball probably.
Some European Point Guard?

Papaloukas is MUCH better then Williams.

Just because he good over in his country don't mean he'll be good in the USA.
Anybody that Knight picks to get in a draft or from overseas is usually a bust except Joe Johnson, The 2 Josh's, Marvin Williams and Zaza when he isn't flopping. Everybody else is a total waste. This guy they talking about getting is like 33 years old. We need fresh young legs not some European stiff.

Dr Giggles
05-21-2007, 06:40 PM
Just because he good over in his country don't mean he'll be good in the USA.
Anybody that Knight picks to get in a draft or from overseas is usually a bust except Joe Johnson, The 2 Josh's, Marvin Williams and Zaza when he isn't flopping. Everybody else is a total waste. This guy they talking about getting is like 33 years old. We need fresh young legs not some European stiff.

First of all Papaloukas is 30 years old and not a stiff by any stretch of the imagination. Secondly, it's not like Billy Knight is the only GM considering Papaloukas, so it's not so much a personal pick as a common sense pick, they need a PG and he's probably the best available who would consider a move to the Hawks.

If you haven't seen him play, I would probably compare him to a very poor man's Magic Johnson, which is still better than any other PG on the Hawks.

I'm not saying he's a sure thing, he's going to have some problems with his defence and shooting, but if he pans out it will surely be worth the gamble.

idizzle
05-21-2007, 08:52 PM
First of all Papaloukas is 30 years old and not a stiff by any stretch of the imagination. Secondly, it's not like Billy Knight is the only GM considering Papaloukas, so it's not so much a personal pick as a common sense pick, they need a PG and he's probably the best available who would consider a move to the Hawks.

If you haven't seen him play, I would probably compare him to a very poor man's Magic Johnson, which is still better than any other PG on the Hawks.

I'm not saying he's a sure thing, he's going to have some problems with his defence and shooting, but if he pans out it will surely be worth the gamble.

Whatever y'all say. Everyone is making out like he's good so I'll take y'all word for it but I still feel its good point guards on the market here in the US.

AtTheDriveIn
05-22-2007, 05:20 AM
Whatever y'all say. Everyone is making out like he's good so I'll take y'all word for it but I still feel its good point guards on the market here in the US.

It's a pretty ignorant statement that you think the NBA is EASILY the best league in the NBA when you seem like you haven't watched any other basketball from around the world.

Trust me, this guy in no stiff.

idizzle
05-22-2007, 11:24 AM
It's a pretty ignorant statement that you think the NBA is EASILY the best league in the NBA when you seem like you haven't watched any other basketball from around the world.

Trust me, this guy in no stiff.

I'm not saying that European players and the Euro basketball league aren't no good I watch international and I actually like because their more physical,fundamentally,and teamwork sound unlike the NBA its all about dunking, crossing people up and being flashy. I like European players I just don't trust Billy Knights selection of signing players and drafting them.

Wrecwon
06-21-2007, 03:37 PM
I hear you man! Speedy is a great player, but I also see him as only a sub. And Lue...he's aight. The reason we got Speedy is b/c Lue is not that great of a player. My question is, well actually, my STATEMENT is "Why did we let go of JT!" I was pist and still pist that we lost him. But anyways that another story. Back at the issue at hand....Obviously, the hawks are going to pick up a point in the draft (3rd pick) . I read in an article that they are considering Mike Conley Jr, Javaris Crittenton, Acie Law...any of these guys will do just fine. In my opinion Javaris Crittenton is the perfect candidate. Just b/c he's from GaTech. You know how we Georgians do it!

frankthetank966
06-21-2007, 03:47 PM
I hear you man! Speedy is a great player, but I also see him as only a sub. And Lue...he's aight. The reason we got Speedy is b/c Lue is not that great of a player. My question is, well actually, my STATEMENT is "Why did we let go of JT!" I was pist and still pist that we lost him. But anyways that another story. Back at the issue at hand....Obviously, the hawks are going to pick up a point in the draft (3rd pick) . I read in an article that they are considering Mike Conley Jr, Javaris Crittenton, Acie Law...any of these guys will do just fine. In my opinion Javaris Crittenton is the perfect candidate. Just b/c he's from GaTech. You know how we Georgians do it!
I feel like Crittenton is better than Conely too. I like his style of play more, and he is a better shooter. Everyone says Conely is such a sick passer but he only avg. .3 more assists than Crittenton.

frankthetank966
06-21-2007, 04:08 PM
I feel like Crittenton is better than Conely too. I like his style of play more, and he is a better shooter. Everyone says Conely is such a sick passer but he only avg. .3 more assists than Crittenton.
Speedy is an above average PG but his style does not fit with the team. I think we should try to trade him, Shelden and 11 to move up and take Conely. If we cant then at least get a 2nd rounder.

idizzle
06-27-2007, 11:54 PM
In the event that the Hawks do the Amare Stoudermire trade and look to sign a point guard who would you sign? Someone I was talking to said we should sign Smush Parker. The day Smush becomes a Hawk hell freezes over.

final.wrath
06-28-2007, 01:13 AM
I say you should take a look at that European guy Theodorus Poplaukus. Maybe for the MLE.

frankthetank966
06-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Whats MLE?

Tool
06-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Whats MLE?

LOL this just proves the intelligence of this forum.:banana:

jailer
06-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Hahaha.Critteton is no where near as good as conely.Law is ok at best his speed for a point guard is lacking.Thanks for taking horford.Conley will be one of the best points by his second year.

idizzle
07-23-2007, 01:41 PM
What do you guys think of Charlie Bell?

KrispyKreme
07-24-2007, 01:34 AM
Last time i checked he was a SG. 0 <----- i like that shape

idizzle
07-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Their was this thing I was reading on him, that he played 3 positions for the Buck and he's only 6'3.

ATLhawks5
10-28-2007, 01:13 AM
Thats why hawks drafted Acie Law they think he will be the PG to step up in the 07-08 season even though he is a rookie, so we really dont need to much concern for the PG position. We need help on the C position our SF(Josh Smith) gets more rebounds and blocks then him, so we need a center that can keep up with J Smoove on the defensive and inside shooting, I mean Zaza Pachulia sometimes gets carried away and thinks he a PG so he goes to the rim and tries to draw a foul and then does an athletic lay-up to get the three point play and misses misserably in other words Zaza is the only flaw on the Hawks line up and we need to trade Speedy for a center and we will make the PLAYOFFS NO DOUBT :pimp:

:party: