Good Scorers? 40 point games.

Great Scorers? 50 point games.

ELITE Scorers? 60 point games.

blablabla
07-01-2011, 05:32 PM
kobe scorers 80point games

28renyoy
07-01-2011, 05:36 PM
nope depends on volume. For instance scoring 50 points on 40 FGA is garbage.

28renyoy
07-01-2011, 05:42 PM
No ... I'm talking in terms of explosiveness. Most 50 + point games come from someone catching fire. So normally they are very effecient games. ESPECIALLY considering the fatigue of the sheer number of shots put up.

Don't be salty Durant has yet to even break 50+, bro.

:facepalm

Ya I'm sorry Durant doesn't have the 19-44 53 point games like Kobe :rolleyes:

Durant has taken more than 30 shots in a game 1 time in his career. Kobe averaged that for damn near and entire seasons.

Samurai Swoosh
07-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Ya I'm sorry Durant doesn't have the 19-44 53 point games like Kobe
You act like those are the only types of 50+ games Kobe has had ...

Salty.

:roll:

catch24
07-01-2011, 05:46 PM

Except there aren't many games the "explosive scorers" had to attempt 40 shots to get 50 points.

At least consistently.

The only perimeter players I considered "elite" during their primes, were Jordan, Bryant, Mac, and Bird (KD is on the cusp though).

LeBron, Wade, and Jerry West are the great scorers.

Carter, Iverson, Drexler, Miller, etc are the good scorers.

Clutch
07-01-2011, 05:48 PM
REGULAR SEASON STATS

80+ POINT GAMES
Kobe Bryant 1

70+ POINT GAMES
Kobe Bryant 1
David Robinson 1

60+ POINT GAMES
Kobe Bryant 5
Michael Jordan 4
Arenas,Chambers,Iverson,K.Malone,McGrady,Shaq,.DRo binson 1

50+ POINT GAMES
Michael Jordan 31
Kobe Bryant 24
Allen Iverson 11

0 POINT GAMES :lol
Jud Buechler 256
Charles Jones 255
DeSagna Diop 227

blablabla
07-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Except there aren't many games the "explosive scorers" had to attempt 40 shots to get 50 points.

At least consistently.

The only perimeter players I considered "elite" during their primes, were Jordan, Bryant, Mac, and Bird (KD is on the cusp though).

ai is a great scorer

28renyoy
07-01-2011, 05:49 PM

At least consistently.

LeBron is definitely elite and McGrady is not.

Kobe could get hot like no other, but on a usual night he was no on the same level of LeBron, Jordan, Durant, or Bird in terms of efficiency. I'm sorry but you can't dispute the stats.

blablabla
07-01-2011, 05:50 PM
^never watched prime tmac

28renyoy
07-01-2011, 05:51 PM
^never watched prime tmac

Of course I watched prime McGrady. Having the ability to go off for 60 on any given night doesn't make you elite.

Being able to score 30 a game on elite efficiency every night does.

catch24
07-01-2011, 05:52 PM
LeBron is definitely elite and McGrady is not.

The last several seasons, when LeBron was putting up 29-30ppg, I just never felt he was an "elite" scorer. Elite playmaker with elite courtvision and a great defender, but elite scorer? Did you watch T-Mac from 2001-2004? Dude could score any where from the court and was arguably just as skilled as Kobe at the time (slash/awesome midrange, deep range, put you in the post, great footwork, etc).

28renyoy
07-01-2011, 05:54 PM
T-Mac did that too. McGrady is a better scorer than LeBron ... please.

T-Mac had one semi-efficient season and a bunch of average-low efficiency seasons afterwards.

Don't compare him to LeBron or Durant in regards to scoring the basketball. Just because he was more well-rounded/fun to watch doesn't mean he was better. Barkley is one of the top 20 scorers in NBA history, but noone gives him the credit for it.

Clutch
07-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Kobe has 4 60+ point games. Not 5.

You're also forgetting Elgin Baylor, and George Gervin
81 point game is also a 60+ game. 81 > 60 :lol

And these stats are from 1985-1986 until now.

catch24
07-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Renyoy - so according to you, Dantley and Gervin were better scores than Kobe, right? I mean Dantley at his peak averaged 30 on 58% shooting (had 5+ seasons of 30 on 55+ % shooting). Gervin put up similar scoring numbers.

28renyoy
07-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Renyoy - so according to you, Dantley and Gervin were better scores than Kobe, right? I mean Dantley at his peak averaged 30 on 58% shooting (had 5+ seasons of 30 on 55+ % shooting). Gervin put up similar scoring numbers.

Eh depends on their pace, but more than likely

Kobe's peak wasn't even top 20 all time. He is top 10 all time because of his longevity/accomplishments.

Just because they were better scorers doesn't mean they were better players than Kobe.

catch24
07-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Eh depends on their pace, but more than likely

Kobe's peak wasn't even top 20 all time. He is top 10 all time because of his longevity/accomplishments.

Just because they were better scorers doesn't mean they were better players than Kobe.

lol...

All I needed to know, dude.

gyu
07-01-2011, 06:00 PM
81 point game is also a 60+ game. 81 > 60 :lol

And these stats are from 1985-1986 until now.
Why didn't you list Arenas,Chambers,Iverson,K.Malone,McGrady,Shaq,.DRo binson for 50 point games as well if they have 60 point games?

Jimmy2k8
07-01-2011, 06:02 PM
What class would Wilt fit in?

28renyoy
07-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Well then I guess Tony Delk>Kevin Durant since he scored 50+

catch24
07-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Dude jerks off to effeciency like a dork.

Not realizing effeciency goes down when one is forced to take a mass volume of shots because of one's role on a team.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

He's a baseball fan, what do you expect? Anyone who watched the guys I mentioned on a day-to-day basis would tell you they were elite scorers.

Stats don't account for skillsets and intangibles. They never will.

28renyoy
07-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Talking about people who have consistently scored 40+ or 50+ ...

Tony Delk, Tracy Murray, Andre Miller are extreme exceptions.

Want an amazing stat? At his current rate, Durant will surpass Kobe in 30+ point games by age 28

Bladers
07-01-2011, 06:11 PM

At least consistently.

Wade only has one 50 point game in his entire career and that come off of a double overtime. :lol

jjayfive
07-01-2011, 06:12 PM
kobe is the best scorer i've ever seen (not the best player ever).... he scores in so many ways.. t-mac in his prime or few years of dominance was nasty... vince carter (even though he had no heart) and ai should be mention as great scorers...

best scorers in the league today are durant and melo.. best play makers are lebron and wade...

catch24
07-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Wade only has one 50 point game in his entire career and that come off of a double overtime. :lol

?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eARUycYN_4

Wade 55 vs Knicks in regulation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKxxyypr5PI

Wade 50 vs Magic in regulation

And the 50 point game in OT (vs Utah). He also had 10 assists, and 9 rebounds that game.

Bladers
07-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Not true ... he has 2 or 3 50 point games.

Plus 1x2? ok... That doesn't make him a great scorer.
He is borderline between an okay scorer and a Good scorer.

Look at how many 40 point games he has?!

Bladers
07-01-2011, 06:19 PM
?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eARUycYN_4

Wade 55 vs Knicks in regulation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKxxyypr5PI

Wade 50 vs Magic in regulation

And the 50 point game in OT (vs Utah). He also had 10 assists, and 9 rebounds that game.

http://www.roirevolution.com/_images/plusone.png

There, Happy? Having 3 50 point games doesn't put you in the category of great scorers.
He is barely even a good scorer. I think even durant has more 40 point games than him at the stage of his career.

Doranku
07-01-2011, 06:19 PM

At least consistently.

I feel like Iverson should be in the great scorers category, but otherwise I agree with that breakdown.

catch24
07-01-2011, 06:21 PM

There... Happy?

He is barely even a good scorer. I think even durant has more 40 point games than him as the stage of his career.

Nah, I'm just educating you.

I have never argued he was a better scorer than Bryant or Durant.

catch24
07-01-2011, 06:23 PM
I feel like Iverson should be in the great scorers category, but otherwise I agree with that breakdown.

Yeah, definitely. Forgot to add Melo on that list. Both him and Iverson belong on the "great scorers" list.

Bladers
07-01-2011, 06:23 PM
You are a retard ...

In between okay scorer and good scorer?

Okay scorers - Thirty point games.

and that's even stretching it, the man has only averaged +30 once in his career.

Bladers
07-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Yeah, definitely. Forgot to add Melo on that list. Both him and Iverson belong on the "great scorers" list.

Melo is a good scorer.

Bladers
07-01-2011, 06:30 PM
And Kobe's only done it 3x times.

Point?

He's one of the best scorers in the league.

Kobe only did thrice because he was with shaq the first half of his career.

When Kobe had scrubs he averaged 30+ easily, Wade had scrubs multiple years and could only pull out 30 once.

If Kobe didn't have shaq, he would have averaged 40 ppg atleast once in his career. 10+ 30 ppg average... 50+ 50 pt games...etc

If he had the teammates he has today in his prime, He would also have atleast 4 more 30ppg average.

Shaq took up alot of shots. Kobe said it himself in a game interview. IF he didn't have shaq, he would be the #1 all-time scoring leader!

kaiiu
07-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Kobe, Jordan, Bird, Tmac . Complete Scorers.

tpols
07-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Dude.. joyner doesn't understand how to watch a basketball game. To him elite scorers are those who put up good efficiency stats.. That's it. It's not surprising he has that type of mentality because he stans Durant.. and Durant is not an elite scorer. He's an elite shooter with crazy length. He isn't a guy you toss the ball to and tell him go to work.. That wouldn't work. We saw him get locked down and shitted on in the clutch against Dallas because of his lack of ability to create off the dribble. He's an elite shooter and off the ball player.

With joyner, there's no watching the games and seeing how a player could kill you in a million different ways. No context or explanations are ever presented.. just numbers. He's a fvcking robot.

He's also the one that believes clutchness is pure luck.. so he probably attributes big games[50+pt ones] to pure luck as well.:oldlol:

DMAVS41
07-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Dude.. joyner doesn't understand how to watch a basketball game. To him elite scorers are those who put up good efficiency stats.. That's it. It's not surprising he has that type of mentality because he stans Durant.. and Durant is not an elite scorer. He's an elite shooter with crazy length. He isn't a guy you toss the ball to and tell him go to work.. That wouldn't work. We saw him get locked down and shitted on in the clutch against Dallas because of his lack of ability to create off the dribble. He's an elite shooter and off the ball player.

With joyner, there's no watching the games and seeing how a player could kill you in a million different ways. No context or explanations are ever presented.. just numbers. He's a fvcking robot.

He's also the one that believes clutchness is pure luck.. so he probably attributes big games[50+pt ones] to pure luck as well.:oldlol:

Really well said.

NugzHeat3
07-01-2011, 07:56 PM
You can tell the people who look at efficiency and disregard skillset have never played ball in their life.

Skillset and versatility in your scoring game is a big reason why someone like Carmelo or Kobe is trusted more in HEATED situations than someone like James.

I'm not talking about the stupid stats from 82 games. I'm talking about gamewinners, go ahead buckets with the clock running out.

They can beat you in more ways instead of a guy like LeBron who doesn't have near the variety they do. It's easier to pack the paint with LeBron, stick a defender on him and hope he misses the pull-up which he often does.

Another prime example of skillset/efficiency is Hakeem and Robinson. One was more efficient, the other the most skilled big man I ever saw. We all know who won the battle.....

I would look at a combination of efficiency, skillset, versatility and explosion (i.e huge scoring nights) to differentiate between the great and the BEST of the BEST. You have to score in big playoff games and when your team needs it the most as well.

Elite scorers
Jordan, Kobe

Great scorers
Wade, Iverson, McGrady, LeBron, Durant, Melo

Good scorers
Drexler, Miller, Allen, Glen Rice (:pimp:)

Guys on the same tier are not rougly equal as scorers. Wade is better than AI because even though he isn't as explosive, he is more consistent and reliable. Same with Jordan and Kobe. Kobe is more explosive such due to having more range on his shot but not as consistent.

DMAVS41
07-01-2011, 07:59 PM
You can tell the people who look at efficiency and disregard skillset have never played ball in their life.

Skillset and versatility in your scoring game is a big reason why someone like Carmelo or Kobe is trusted more in HEATED situations than someone like James.

I'm not talking about the stupid stats from 82 games. I'm talking about gamewinners, go ahead buckets with the clock running out.

They can beat you in more ways instead of a guy like LeBron who doesn't have near the variety they do. It's easier to pack the paint with LeBron, stick a defender on him and hope he misses the pull-up which he often does.

Another prime example of skillset/efficiency is Hakeem and Robinson. One was more efficient, the other the most skilled big man I ever saw. We all know who won the battle.....

I would look at a combination of efficiency, skillset, versatility and explosion (i.e huge scoring nights) to differentiate between the great and the BEST of the BEST. You have to score in big playoff games and when your team needs it the most as well.

Elite scorers
Jordan, Kobe

Great scorers

Good scorers

Guys on the same tier are not rougly equal as scorers. Wade is better than AI because even though he isn't as explosive, he is more consistent and reliable. Same with Jordan and Kobe. Kobe is more explosive such due to having more range on his shot but not as consistent.

No mention of Dirk. Really? The 8th highest ppg average in playoff history with the best overall efficiency out of any player scoring over 25 in playoff history.

LOL

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

kaiiu
07-01-2011, 08:01 PM

Elite scorers
Jordan, Kobe

Great scorers

Good scorers

I think Tmac should be on the elite list. But good post

tpols
07-01-2011, 08:03 PM
No mention of Dirk. Really? The 8th highest ppg average in playoff history with the best overall efficiency out of any player scoring over 25 in playoff history.

LOL

He was only talking about perimeter players there bro.

NugzHeat3
07-01-2011, 08:03 PM

LOL

I was looking at swingmen. Notice how guys like Kareem weren't in my list.

Dirk is up there though. He's a great scorer.

NugzHeat3
07-01-2011, 08:05 PM
I think Tmac should be on the elite list. But good post
TMac was great but he has one elite season whereas the others did it more consistently for longer.

catch24
07-01-2011, 08:08 PM

Elite scorers
Jordan, Kobe

Great scorers

Good scorers

Great post, bro. I know he had a short peak (prime), but Mcgrady was one of the most versatile scorers I have ever seen. EVER. I'd definitely put him in the Elite company with Bird, Kobe and Jordan.

As for great scorers, I agree... although you forgot to mention Dirk (as did I). I think he, like Durant, are on the cusp of that "elite" mark. Sorta in between, yaaa know?

DMAVS41
I was looking at swingmen. Notice how guys like Kareem weren't in my list.

Dirk is up there though. He's a great scorer.

I didn't know that. You didn't mention it in your post and Dirk obviously fits all of your descriptions.

Disagree with Kobe being on the Jordan level though.

kaiiu
TMac was great but he has one elite season whereas the others did it more consistently for longer.
Tmac did that shit from 01-05. Dude had a season on par with Kobe's 06 during that span to. He wasnt the most efficient but in term of skills and volume scoring. He is right up there above the Lebrons, Wades of the world.

NugzHeat3
07-01-2011, 08:10 PM
I didn't know that. You didn't mention it in your post and Dirk obviously fits all of your descriptions.

Disagree with Kobe being on the Jordan level though.
Yeah now that I think about it you're right since IRK is really a 7 foot SG.

NugzHeat3
07-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Tmac did that shit from 01-05. Dude had a season on par with Kobe's 06 during that span to. He wasnt the most efficient but in term of skills and volume scoring. He is right up there above the Lebrons, Wades of the world.
LOL I did put him on the LeBron, Wade level bro.

You said he was elite and I don't think he was as good as Jordan or Kobe.

If you're looking at his 1 season (2003) which stands out above the rest of his career, then sure.

Eat Like A Bosh
07-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Kobe has 4 60+ point games. Not 5.

You're also forgetting Elgin Baylor, and George Gervin
It's 5. He did it once more in 2009.

kaiiu
07-01-2011, 08:16 PM
He's a better scorer than LeBron and Wade.

He had to shot jack ala Iverson because of how terrible his squad was.

His bad back and apathy on crappy Orlando squads, along with an actual selfless attitude (you can see it when he joined Houston) really hindered him from keeping up his 2003 pace.
agree. I mean besides Kobe, Bird, Jordan...who doin shit like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9adFBcswlZI&feature=player_detailpage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOjllJWhbyo&feature=player_detailpage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vs0p6KE7cM&feature=player_detailpage

:bowdown:

catch24
T-Mac's Greatest Hits:

51 points on Melo/Nuggets (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhVnR6iaqe8)

43 on MJ (yes, Michael was defending him this game)/Wizards (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOjllJWhbyo)

43 points Game 1 vs Pistons (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Ak79SJlac) - 45 points vs Pistons Game 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6GZ3jkQE4Y)

Mcgrady 62 on on Wizards (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvcBcQvPrCs)

Mcgrady 13 points in 35 seconds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfurCV1FDpM&feature=related)

52 points in 3 quarters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EVG8V5VBrY)

The-Legend-24
agree. I mean besides Kobe, Bird, Jordan...who doin shit like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9adFBcswlZI&feature=player_detailpage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOjllJWhbyo&feature=player_detailpage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vs0p6KE7cM&feature=player_detailpage

Lebron? :roll:

kaiiu
07-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Lebron? :roll:
:facepalm ni99a u cant be searss.

Lebron cant even hit a jumper in a workout of 13 year olds

catch24
07-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Just because someone is in the same category (a la Kobe/Bird under "elite scorers"), doesn't mean one can't be better than the other. I feel Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Russell and Wilt are all in the same company, but Jordan was better.

kaiiu
07-01-2011, 08:20 PM
T-Mac's Greatest Hits:

51 points on Melo/Nuggets (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhVnR6iaqe8)

43 on MJ (yes, Michael was defending him this game)/Wizards (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOjllJWhbyo)

43 points Game 1 vs Pistons (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Ak79SJlac) - 45 points vs Pistons Game 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6GZ3jkQE4Y)

Mcgrady 62 on on Wizards (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvcBcQvPrCs)

Mcgrady 13 points in 35 seconds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfurCV1FDpM&feature=related)

52 points in 3 quarters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EVG8V5VBrY)

NugzHeat3
07-01-2011, 08:22 PM
He's a better scorer than LeBron and Wade.

He had to shot jack ala Iverson because of how terrible his squad was.

His bad back and apathy on crappy Orlando squads, along with an actual selfless attitude (you can see it when he joined Houston) really hindered him from keeping up his 2003 pace.
He's not a better scorer than Wade. I'd take him over LeBron though.

Wade had to shot jack in 2009 and 2010 as a result of crap teammates. The result?

30 ppg season on 49% shooting. 3 50 point games. The 50 point game against Orlando came in 3 quarters IIRC. He was gassed come playoff time though.

He was out of shape to begin 2010 but turned into a monster around January. He had an unreal stretch around mid-March too and went BONKERS on the Celtics in the playoffs.

You would have seen him torch the 2006 Pistons in the playoffs too. I mean he torched them as it is (27 ppg on 62% FG) but Riles will still intent on giving Shaq his touches so Wade didn't have full control of the offense.

catch24
07-01-2011, 08:23 PM

He roasted LeBron his sophomore year. I'm trying to find it on YT though.

He hit like 8 3PT that game... Straight out killed it. If I can't find the game, I'm upping it.

The-Legend-24
07-01-2011, 08:24 PM
I just spit out koolaid on my computer screen ... you ****ing dikk

:oldlol:
:roll:

kaiiu
07-01-2011, 08:25 PM
He roasted LeBron his sophomore year. I'm trying to find it on YT though.

He hit like 8 3PT that game... Straight out killed it. If I can't find the game, I'm upping it.
:applause: I heard about that game to. Didnt he get injured?

catch24
07-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Found it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVY3boYcNAE

.... :bowdown:

colts19
07-01-2011, 08:28 PM

Elite scorers
Jordan, Kobe

Great scorers

Good scorers

Larry and Wilt say HI.

kaiiu
07-01-2011, 08:28 PM
McGrady is a better shotmaker than Wade, thats why I prefer him.

Teams want Wade shooting Jumpers, you had to pick your poison with Tmac

kaiiu
07-01-2011, 08:29 PM

:eek: :bowdown:

The-Legend-24
07-01-2011, 08:32 PM

T-Mac :( It's a shame his back pretty much fvcked up his career.

Ikill
07-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Can we really hate on Iverson and Tmac for being inefficient when they played in the toughest defensive era with horrible teams. Look what AI did with the new rules in 2006 as 30 year old he averaged 33 points on 45 % fg.

NugzHeat3
07-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Oh Wade's a very good scorer. I argued it earlier in the thread against a known retard. I just prefer the versatility to McGrady's offensive skill set. And I know it shouldn't be used as an excuse, but his health issues (mainly his back) really derailed his career. Also his SIGNIFICANT improvements in the playoffs really make me high on McGrady's abilities.
Oh I can relate to that. They're both on the same tier though.

TMac is more versatile. More effective post-game, great footwork, easier time seeing over defenses, more range on his shots (unreal on those pull-up 3s, made it look so smooth).

Also its not like Wade doesn't have significant improvements in the playoffs save for one year against the Hawks. He was badly injured against the Bulls in 2007 plus going up against his kryptonite in Hinrich.

rodman91
07-01-2011, 08:48 PM
:lol @ Iverson not in elite scorers.

6th best ppg in regular season history.
2nd best ppg in playoffs history.
3rd most scoring titles (after Jordan&Wilt and tied with G.Gervin-4 titles)
3rd most +50 point games in playoffs (Jordan 8,Wilt 4,Iverson 3)
35.6 ppg in finals.

26.7 ppg career average even with Detroit & Last year in Philly.

Versatility doesn't equal being elite a scorer or Garnett would be best of all times at scoring.Shaq wasn't versatile at scoring but he was also elite scorer as well.

Jimmy2k8
07-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Anyone who can score a 60+ is ELITE.

There is your answer.

Just an occasional brain fart.

Nastradamus
07-01-2011, 11:44 PM

You say it like just anyone can do it, but if you can get enough shots off to get 50 ppg on 40%, your coach will take it EVERY NIGHT. That's Allen Iverson efficiency plus 20 friggin' points LOL. People underrate scoring ability so badly, like any 40% scorer would get as many points as he wanted at that rate if allowed by the coaches to shoot.

Clutch
07-02-2011, 04:44 AM
Why didn't you list Arenas,Chambers,Iverson,K.Malone,McGrady,Shaq,.DRo binson for 50 point games as well if they have 60 point games?
There are too many players with 50+ point games so I listed only top3

Doranku
07-02-2011, 08:16 AM

Oh man... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

That step back on LeBron was just filthy.

brownmamba00
07-02-2011, 08:23 AM

my goodness:eek: :bowdown:

thejumpa
07-02-2011, 08:37 AM

Everytime I see a vid of vintage T-Mac lighting it up, I get depressed. If it weren't for his ****ing back(which I had NO idea it was gonna be such an issue), we would have witnessed some great basketball from 05 on. He was still pretty good in Houston, but not close to what he was in Orlando. Dude is literally my favorite ball player of all time. He's that guy who comes into a gym full of REALLY good players and still finds a way to standout. Buckets for days...

Damn:cry:

PowerGlove
07-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Of course I watched prime McGrady. Having the ability to go off for 60 on any given night doesn't make you elite.

Being able to score 30 a game on elite efficiency every night does.
:facepalm :roll:

Anyways, anyone remember the game where NETS VC was going off against the Spurs and Bruce Bowen's b*tch ass had be a cheater and stick his feet under Carter after he shot a jumper which resulted in a confrontation that got them both kicked out....Carter would have had 60/70 that game.

asdf1990
07-02-2011, 09:37 AM

One of my favorite games ever, well the first half of the game. I wish Tmac didn't have back spasms at the end of the second quarter, he was on fire that game. Would of had like 12-16 3 pointers and 60+ points easily.

Ikill
07-02-2011, 09:38 AM

Everytime I see a vid of vintage T-Mac lighting it up, I get depressed. If it weren't for his ****ing back(which I had NO idea it was gonna be such an issue), we would have witnessed some great basketball from 05 on. He was still pretty good in Houston, but not close to what he was in Orlando. Dude is literally my favorite ball player of all time. He's that guy who comes into a gym full of REALLY good players and still finds a way to standout. Buckets for days...

Damn:cry:
All Tmac has to do is wear bigger socks get with todays swag and he will become the player he used to be.

asdf1990
07-02-2011, 09:42 AM
Elite wing scorers of the post Jordan Era
1) kobe
2) Prime Tmac

Great scorers
1a) Lebron
1b)Wade
2) AI
3) Melo
4) Durant

24r2
07-02-2011, 09:49 AM

you cant even score 1 point in ur 3 on 3 pick up game :oldlol:

8BeastlyXOIAD
07-02-2011, 10:15 AM
1) kobe
2) Prime Tmac

Great scorers
1a) Lebron
1b)Wade
2) AI
3) Melo
4) Durant

I'm sorry but A.I, Melo and Durant are better scorers than Wade.

rodman91
07-02-2011, 10:36 AM
1) kobe
2) Prime Tmac

Great scorers
1a) Lebron
1b)Wade
2) AI
3) Melo
4) Durant

Post Jordan Era (not just wing) IMO

Elite : Kobe,Iverson,T-Mac,Lebron & Shaq.

Great: Wade,Melo,Duncan,Dirk,Amar'e,Webber.

It's too early for Durant to say great or elite.(probably elite)

Papaya Petee
07-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Kobe only did thrice because he was with shaq the first half of his career.

When Kobe had scrubs he averaged 30+ easily, Wade had scrubs multiple years and could only pull out 30 once.

If Kobe didn't have shaq, he would have averaged 40 ppg atleast once in his career. 10+ 30 ppg average... 50+ 50 pt games...etc

If he had the teammates he has today in his prime, He would also have atleast 4 more 30ppg average.

Shaq took up alot of shots. Kobe said it himself in a game interview. IF he didn't have shaq, he would be the #1 all-time scoring leader!

Lol, Yet Wades career PPG >> Kobe's
Wade playoff PPG >> Kobe's

Jacks3
07-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Wade peak: 30 PPG/57% TS

Kobe peak: 35.4 PPG/56% TS

Kobe>>>Wade as a scorer

Wade career 50 point games: 3

Kobe in 2007 alone: 10

Wade career 40 point games: 32

Kobe in 2006 alone: 27

:pimp:

creepingdeath
07-02-2011, 12:20 PM
1) kobe
2) Prime Tmac

Great scorers
1a) Lebron
1b)Wade
2) AI
3) Melo
4) Durant
No Dirk, but Melo?

http://i.imgur.com/rrxoj.gif

some people call him a soft as$ big man who plays like a wing player, so...

DMAVS41
07-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Post Jordan Era (not just wing) IMO

Elite : Kobe,Iverson,T-Mac,Lebron & Shaq.

Great: Wade,Melo,Duncan,Dirk,Amar'e,Webber.

It's too early for Durant to say great or elite.(probably elite)

If this is solely regular season I'm cool with it. If this is the playoffs, Dirk has to be in the elite group.

Hell, Dirk is in the elite group of scorers all time in playoff history. Which would put him easily in that group of this era.

Dirk ranks 8th in ppg in the playoffs all time. He has the best overall efficiency for any player averaging over 25ppg in playoff history.

That makes him elite.

Sarcastic
07-02-2011, 01:10 PM
REGULAR SEASON STATS

80+ POINT GAMES
Kobe Bryant 1

70+ POINT GAMES
Kobe Bryant 1
David Robinson 1

60+ POINT GAMES
Kobe Bryant 5
Michael Jordan 4
Arenas,Chambers,Iverson,K.Malone,McGrady,Shaq,.DRo binson 1

50+ POINT GAMES
Michael Jordan 31
Kobe Bryant 24
Allen Iverson 11

0 POINT GAMES :lol
Jud Buechler 256
Charles Jones 255
DeSagna Diop 227

There is a name missing from this list, but I just can't place it. I know there is a guy who scored alot back in the day.

28renyoy
07-02-2011, 01:11 PM
I can't believe some people are dumb enough to rank Carmelo Anthony ahead of Durant. That's a total joke.

And T-Mac who is apparently the 2nd GOAT scorer since Jordan had this prime

26.8 ppg 45.7 FG%
25.6 ppg 45.1 FG%
32.1 ppg 45.7 FG%
28.0 ppg 41.7 FG%
25.7 ppg 43.1 FG%
24.4 ppg 40.6 FG%
24.6 ppg 43.1 FG%

just LOL

Bring-Your-Js
07-02-2011, 01:18 PM
I can't believe some people are dumb enough to rank Carmelo Anthony ahead of Durant. That's a total joke.

26.8 ppg 45.7 FG%
25.6 ppg 45.1 FG%
32.1 ppg 45.7 FG%
28.0 ppg 41.7 FG%
25.7 ppg 43.1 FG%
24.4 ppg 40.6 FG%
24.6 ppg 43.1 FG%

just LOL

:facepalm:

Peteballa
07-02-2011, 01:19 PM

26.8 ppg 45.7 FG%
25.6 ppg 45.1 FG%
32.1 ppg 45.7 FG%
28.0 ppg 41.7 FG%
25.7 ppg 43.1 FG%
24.4 ppg 40.6 FG%
24.6 ppg 43.1 FG%

just LOL

per 40?

catch24
07-02-2011, 01:27 PM

26.8 ppg 45.7 FG%
25.6 ppg 45.1 FG%
32.1 ppg 45.7 FG%
28.0 ppg 41.7 FG%
25.7 ppg 43.1 FG%
24.4 ppg 40.6 FG%
24.6 ppg 43.1 FG%

just LOL

People ranked him by his peak.

And lol at thinking basketball is baseball. Can you actually break down his offensive-scoring skills?

28renyoy
07-02-2011, 01:28 PM
People ranked him by his peak.

And lol at thinking basketball is baseball

You're right, screw statistics which is what determines the game's outcome.

You do realize that W-L and points scored vs points allowed are stats, right?

Balla_Status
07-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Per usual.

Kid is like debbie downer.

I'd hate to go to a party with this kid ...

"All this beer, and pu$$y ... BUT WHERE IS THE CHEESE DOODLES ?!?"

What a ph aggot.

ha, this was actually pretty funny.

catch24
07-02-2011, 01:37 PM
You're right, screw statistics which is what determines the game's outcome.

You do realize that W-L and points scored vs points allowed are stats, right?

Dude, I'm all for statistics, but they have to be within context.

I'd like to see a nice-little description of Mcgrady's offensive skill-set. For once, instead of regurgitating numbers, lets see an actual basketball-breakdown from you.

28renyoy
07-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Dude, I'm all for statistics, but they have to be within context.

I'd like to see a nice-little description of Mcgrady's offensive skill-set. For once, instead of regurgitating numbers, lets see an actual basketball-breakdown from you.

So you value how a player can score rather than how effective he is at scoring?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Why don't you watch AND 1 tour instead of the NBA

Da Heroic One
07-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Efficiency means nothing in this thread. :facepalm

28renyoy
07-02-2011, 01:47 PM
That's not what he's asking. Please, break down McGrady's game for us.

hyper skilled for a 6'8 guy. good handle, better ball security. was an underrated driver and one of the best finishers the league has ever had. great step back game, but settled for way too many jump shots while being a below average shooter from the perimeter. he didn't drive near as much as he should have which is why he was always so inefficient.

catch24
07-02-2011, 01:48 PM

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

No, I use both... Again, in context.

Waiting for the breakdown.

cteach111
07-02-2011, 01:54 PM

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

The way i see it, You can look at the stats and see some great numbers from Player X, but you have to see the games to understand how they get those statistics.

It's very important to consider both.

catch24
07-02-2011, 01:59 PM
The way i see it, You can look at the stats and see some great numbers from Player X, but you have to see the games to understand how they get those statistics.

It's very important to consider both.

Pretty much. Do I think Mcgrady was a better scorer than Durant post 2005? Of course not.

Do I consider Mcgrady to have been a better peak scorer averaging 32 on 45% shooting (league average) with god-like scoring skills? Absolutely.

8BeastlyXOIAD
07-02-2011, 01:59 PM
No Dirk, but Melo?

http://i.imgur.com/rrxoj.gif

some people call him a soft as$ big man who plays like a wing player, so...

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

NugzHeat3
07-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Pretty much. Do I think Mcgrady was a better scorer than Durant post 2005? Of course not.

Do I consider Mcgrady to have been a better peak scorer averaging 32 on 45% shooting (league average) with god-like scoring skills? Absolutely.
Agreed on all counts.

TMac was such a beast in 2003. It's just that he didn't maintain that level for a certain period of time or even sustain it for a couple of years.

That season is sort of an outlier in his career but it still stands and that version of TMac is definitely a superior scorer to KD.

catch24
07-02-2011, 02:19 PM
hyper skilled for a 6'8 guy. good handle, better ball security. was an underrated driver and one of the best finishers the league has ever had. great step back game, but settled for way too many jump shots while being a below average shooter from the perimeter. he didn't drive near as much as he should have which is why he was always so inefficient.

No mention of his post game, footwork to create open looks (or moving without the ball) midrange, longrange (good 3PT shooter during his peak), defense, and playmaking?

Like I said, you never watched him in his prime.

per 40?

28renyoy
07-02-2011, 02:47 PM
No mention of his post game, footwork to create open looks (or moving without the ball) midrange, longrange (good 3PT shooter during his peak), defense, and playmaking?

Like I said, you never watched him in his prime.

per 40?

Are you fvcking retarded? I've been watching basketball religiously since 96. This thread is about scoring, not defense and playmaking(btw T-Mac was NEVER a great defender).

Did you really expect me to break down every single area of his game? I broke down 90% of his offensive repertoire

NugzHeat3
07-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Are you fvcking retarded? I've been watching basketball religiously since 96. This thread is about scoring, not defense and playmaking(btw T-Mac was NEVER a great defender).

Did you really expect me to break down every single area of his game? I broke down 90% of his offensive repertoire
TMac was a very good defender, dude.

He's locked up IRK in the playoffs. Locked up Big Dog Glenn Robinson in the playoffs.

He was specifically a great defender in Toronto when he didn't have to exert much energy on O.

Great instincts, good length, good defensive footwork and the effort was there.

28renyoy
07-02-2011, 02:54 PM
TMac was a very good defender, dude.

He's locked up IRK in the playoffs. Locked up Big Dog Glenn Robinson in the playoffs.

He was specifically a great defender in Toronto when he didn't have to exert much energy on O.

Great instincts, good length, good defensive footwork and the effort was there.

How old are you? When did you start watching the NBA?

McGrady was NEVER a great defender. He was an average defender and a great shotblocker early on before he became a scorer.

kaiiu
07-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Peak Tmac was basically 06 Kobe with less scoring and more playmaking

catch24
07-02-2011, 03:03 PM

You're a baseball fan first, claiming basketball wasn't even in your top 2-3 sports you watch frequently.

lmao at you thinking you have an understanding of the game just because you can research statistics. Any trained monkey can do that.

That's my bad. Regardless, you still did a terrible job of breaking down his offensive game. A lot of backhanded compliments there, bud.

tpols
07-02-2011, 03:07 PM
You're a baseball fan first, claiming basketball wasn't even in your top 2-3 sports you watch frequently.

lmao at you thinking you have an understanding of the game just because you can research statistics. Any trained monkey can do that.

That's my bad. Regardless, you still did a terrible job of breaking down his offensive game. A lot of backhanded compliments there, bud.
He's not looking at how McGrady broke down the defense and controlled the offensive tempo in every single game. Everything will just end up being numbers.. and that's because he is a Durant stan. Durant rarely breaks down defenses and isn't a guy that ever controls his team's offense. Durant's a finisher on offense. He either shoots the ball with 1 or no dribbles, or he gets a look around the rim.. but he needs his teammates[like harden and westbrook] to do the dirty work first and shake up the D to get him a look.

asdf1990
07-02-2011, 03:11 PM

26.8 ppg 45.7 FG%
25.6 ppg 45.1 FG%
32.1 ppg 45.7 FG%
28.0 ppg 41.7 FG%
25.7 ppg 43.1 FG%
24.4 ppg 40.6 FG%
24.6 ppg 43.1 FG%

just LOL

Peak TMAC > anything durant does.

NugzHeat3
07-02-2011, 03:14 PM
How old are you? When did you start watching the NBA?

McGrady was NEVER a great defender. He was an average defender and a great shotblocker early on before he became a scorer.
I've been watching ball since 1991, kid.

McGrady was a great defender in Toronto and he's proven to lock guys down given max effort.

Don't remember him from his late Houston days where he stopped giving a **** or the Orlando years where he way too much of a load to carry to give consistent effort on D.

Even then, he could still D up when a challenge came up.

catch24
07-02-2011, 03:26 PM
He's not looking at how McGrady broke down the defense and controlled the offensive tempo in every single game. Everything will just end up being numbers.. and that's because he is a Durant stan. Durant rarely breaks down defenses and isn't a guy that ever controls his team's offense. Durant's a finisher on offense. He either shoots the ball with 1 or no dribbles, or he gets a look around the rim.. but he needs his teammates[like harden and westbrook] to do the dirty work first and shake up the D to get him a look.

Exactly. Like I said, any moron can go here (www.basketball-reference.com) and claim Dantley, Gervin, Wilkins, or Kiki Vandeweghe were better scorers than Kobe, Bird, Mcgrady, Melo, and Wade.

While the stats may very well be an accurate representation of what is, they'll never take into account the artistry, dynamics and even loopholes you see when you sit down, and actually watch the game.

Goliath Uterus
07-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Elite scorers
Jordan, Kobe

Great scorers

Good scorers

Iverson and Mcgrady were at one point elite scorers, especially AI. And you're trippin if you thnk Wade is a better scorer than AI, the footage and stats show the complete opposite

28renyoy
07-02-2011, 03:50 PM

LOL @ this garbage. I'm supposed to break down him as a scorer, not as a player.

I'm willing to guarantee my knowledge of the game is far more extensive than yours.

As for my top 2-3 sports, no basketball is not one.

College football, the NFL, and golf are my top 3.

catch24
07-02-2011, 03:56 PM
LOL @ this garbage. I'm supposed to break down him as a scorer, not as a player.

I'm willing to guarantee my knowledge of the game is far more extensive than yours.

Precicely my point. Basketball is my top sport, and I have been watching well over 20 years now.

You weren't even a fetus 20 years ago, admit it.

28renyoy
07-02-2011, 03:57 PM
I bet you put your dorky ass on a court with me, and I will eat you alive.

oh man, you got me there. i watch the game because it's a hobby, i don't play it competitively(well i did until 10th grade)

you put me on a baseball diamond, a golf course, or the classroom and i'll wreck you. whoopty fvcking doo

NugzHeat3
07-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Iverson and Mcgrady were at one point elite scorers, especially AI. And you're trippin if you thnk Wade is a better scorer than AI, the footage and stats show the complete opposite
TMac was elite in 2003. I have said it before.

AI is not a better scorer than Wade unless you value AI's huge scoring nights over Wade's consistency. I'll very much take the consistency because AI could shoot you out of games just as easily as he could shoot you in them, especially since he didn't impact the game in other ways like Wade can though that's a whole different discussion and not related to scoring.

And I'm aware that AI's teams were pretty horrendous and there was too much pressure on him to carry the load. Defenses could gang up on him, he had no spacing for someone who loved to dribble drive ect ect. Still, I'd bet Wade does a better job in that situation than AI does.

Wade was in a similarly bad situation (although AI's team was more offensively inept) in 2009 and 2010 and I thought he did a better job than AI did.

What stat shows the complete opposite besides ppg which is obviously affected by AI playing heavy minutes and taking considerably more shots. I wasn't really basing it on stats anyway.

28renyoy
07-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Don't bother dude, we all know he doesn't know much about the game. Especially compared to you. He's a jock sniffer. I doubt he can play any of the sports he follows.

3 year letterman in baseball and i'm a scratch golfer :roll:

jlauber
07-03-2011, 01:41 AM
There is a name missing from this list, but I just can't place it. I know there is a guy who scored alot back in the day.

Exactly. The same player who scored 100 points in one game. The same player who had SIX of the TEN 70+ point games in NBA HISTORY. The same player who had 32 of the ENTIRE 62 60+ point games in NBA history (and Kobe and MJ are next with FIVE.) The same player who had 118 50+ point games (and MJ is next with 39.) The same player who averaged 50 ppg and 45 ppg in two seasons, amd who averaged nearly 40 ppg in his first SEVEN seasons...COMBINED. Or the same player that put up THREE games of 60+ in his 67-68 and 68-69 seasons...when he averaged 16 and 14 FGAs per game (including the most efficient 60+ point game in NBA history... 29-35 shooting.)

But, unfortunately, just like the vast majority of posters on this topic... I can't recall who that was.

Bring-Your-Js
07-03-2011, 01:44 AM
Jlauber makes his grand return.

I thought millwad and nugzheat actually ran you outta here man.

28renyoy
07-03-2011, 01:47 AM
Exactly. The same player who scored 100 points in one game. The same player who had SIX of the TEN 70+ point games in NBA HISTORY. The same player who had 32 of the ENTIRE 62 60+ point games in NBA history (and Kobe and MJ are next with FIVE.) The same player who had 118 50+ point games (and MJ is next with 39.) The same player who averaged 50 ppg and 45 ppg in two seasons, amd who averaged nearly 40 ppg in his first SEVEN seasons...COMBINED. Or the same player that put up THREE games of 60+ in his 67-68 and 68-69 seasons...when he averaged 16 and 14 FGAs per game (including the most efficient 60+ point game in NBA history... 29-35 shooting.)

But, unfortunately, just like the vast majority of posters on this topic... I can't recall who that was.

Javelle McGee was overrated garbage

jlauber
07-03-2011, 02:06 AM
Jlauber makes his grand return.

I thought millwad and nugzheat actually ran you outta here man.

HUH????

I believe those two are among several posters that claim that Hakeem was a top-5 player ALL-TIME...which is fascinating since Hakeem won ONE MVP (and the BEST player at the time did NOT play in the league that year)...and he came in second ONCE...and 4th TWICE...in his EIGHTEEN year career! The man was not even considered among the TOP-10 in HIS era...in HALF of his CAREER (only NINE top-10 finishes in the MVP balloting.) My god, those two morons don't have a leg to stand on.

I just didn't need to respond any further to their garbage. The FACTS speak VOLUMES about just how dominant Hakeem REALLY was. FOUR top-5 finishes in his ENTIRE 18 year career.

DRose1899
07-03-2011, 02:15 AM

Its bout perimeter player, sir.

I'm more interested if you want breakdown bout Oscar or Jerry West game compared to anyone in that list, will really appreciate it.

jlauber
07-03-2011, 02:32 AM
Its bout perimeter player, sir.

I'm more interested if you want breakdown bout Oscar or Jerry West game compared to anyone in that list, will really appreciate it.

Here was the very post...

I don't see anything about perimeter players. In any case, West had several post-seasons of over 30 ppg, including a Finals of 38.6 ppg and a playoff series of 46.4 ppg. Enough said.

DRose1899
07-03-2011, 02:38 AM
Here was the very post...

I don't see anything about perimeter players. In any case, West had several post-seasons of over 30 ppg, including a Finals of 38.6 ppg and a playoff series of 46.4 ppg. Enough said.
But from the way they're talking they clearly have no interest talking bout wilt, shaq, dirk etc
can we just leave it like that. :facepalm

Btw I'm serious bout my request.

jlauber
07-03-2011, 02:43 AM
But from the way they're talking they clearly have no interest talking bout wilt, shaq, dirk etc
can we just leave it like that. :facepalm

Btw I'm serious bout my request.

Aside from MJ, West was probably the greatest post-season scorer in NBA history (although a PRIME Chamberlain had FOUR 50+ point games in his post-season career, as well as FOUR entire post-seasons of 33.2 ppg to 37 ppg...with another two over 28 ppg...and playoff series of 37, 37, and 39 ppg...and four of 30+ against RUSSELL, including a 30-31 series in '65.)

West won a Finals MVP on a losing team with a 38.6 ppg average in that seven game series, including a game seven of 42-13-12. He also had a 46.4 ppg playoff series earlier in his career, which the all-time playoff record.

The-Legend-24
07-03-2011, 04:37 AM

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n579/kobe24clutch/TI.gif

The-Legend-24
07-03-2011, 04:42 AM
That's what I said.

I mean Golf is a very frusterating activity. Very difficult to "master."

But I will be damned if I let anyone call it a sport.

When I see 70 year old women playing, you don't consider it a sport.

I for sure don't considered it a sport i mean how the fvck do you get injured like Tiger playing golf? :roll:

DRose1899
07-03-2011, 04:42 AM
Don't underestimating golf guys. :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLKXvGE6kN8

@jlauber
thx, though I'm expecting your long essay. :cry:

The-Legend-24
07-03-2011, 04:43 AM
Don't underestimating golf guys. :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLKXvGE6kN8

@jlauber
thx, though I'm expecting your long essay. :cry:
:sleeping i rather watch a tree grow than watch that shit.

OmniStrife
07-03-2011, 04:47 AM
When a guy has to score over 35 on every given night you know something is wrong about his team.

Bring-Your-Js
A lot of people rag on lauber and get him all fired up. I usually find his essays and the CAPS hilarious at times. Lauber will swoop into.a.completely unrelated topic and fire Chamberlain darts. Irritating to many. :oldlol:

DRose1899
:sleeping i rather watch a tree grow than watch that shit.
Still more exciting than baseball to me, at the very least in game. :oldlol:

Or if you watching NFL live on tv without snack. :lol

The-Legend-24
07-03-2011, 04:51 AM
Still more exciting than baseball to me, at the very least in game. :oldlol:

Or if you watching NFL live on tv without snack. :lol
I cant watch either Baseball or Golf for like 5 minutes without changing the channel. :oldlol: And the NFL i get bored after a while, rather watch B-ball and Soccer(Football). To think i could've gone probably pro in soccer until i ****ed up my knee.:mad:

jlauber
07-03-2011, 07:28 AM
A lot of people rag on lauber and get him all fired up. I usually find his essays and the CAPS hilarious at times. Lauber will swoop into.a.completely unrelated topic and fire Chamberlain darts. Irritating to many. :oldlol:

In about 90% of them SOMEONE else either brings up Wilt, or does not bring him up when they SHOULD have...as in the original OP on THIS topic. Great scorers? Chamberlain was LIGHT YEARS ahead of the other great scorers. Yet, he was only casually mentioned by a couple of posters.

knicksman
07-03-2011, 08:22 AM
the types of scorers for me.
1. big men who can play like perimeter players(w/ jumpshot) e.g. dirk, amare.etc
2. big men who plays like big men(no jumpshot) duncan and shaq although shaq can live w/o a jumpshot coz hes born to be the strongest player to ever play this game.
3. perimeter players w/ jumpshot(kobe/jordan/bird)
4. the chokers- perimeter players who plays like big men coz they have no jumpshot and thus are unable to deliver in clutch situations where defenses are tightened(lebron/wade):lol

gengiskhan
07-03-2011, 08:38 AM

Pre-1999 defense ('90s defense & mid' to Late '80s defense)

30 pts = good score

40 pts = great score

50 pts = elite score

1999-2005

33-35 pts = good score

43-45 pts = great score

55-60 pts = Elite score

2005-Present (Rules completely relaxed, allstar offense era)

30 pts = Pretty good score

35 pts = Good score

45-50 = Great score

60-70 = Elite score

Example: Kobe's 61 pts against NYK = MJ's 48-50 pts game against '90s NYK defense.

Wade's 50 pts NYK game = MJ's 40 pts NYK game

Inflation adjustment of MJ's 55 pts game against 1995 NYK

2005-Present rules

add 15 pts easily cuz of 2009 NYKs poor D

MJs 55 pts NYK Game = 70 pts against 2009 NYK game

MJs 69 pts CLE game = 86-88 pts game against 2009 defense.

asdf1990
07-03-2011, 08:56 AM
Pre-1999 defense ('90s defense & mid' to Late '80s defense)

30 pts = good score

40 pts = great score

50 pts = elite score

1999-2005

33-35 pts = good score

43-45 pts = great score

55-60 pts = Elite score

2005-Present (Rules completely relaxed, allstar offense era)

30 pts = Pretty good score

35 pts = Good score

45-50 = Great score

60-70 = Elite score

Example: Kobe's 61 pts against NYK = MJ's 48-50 pts game against '90s NYK defense.

Wade's 50 pts NYK game = MJ's 40 pts NYK game

Inflation adjustment of MJ's 55 pts game against 1995 NYK

2005-Present rules

add 15 pts easily cuz of 2009 NYKs poor D

MJs 55 pts NYK Game = 70 pts against 2009 NYK game

MJs 69 pts CLE game = 86-88 pts game against 2009 defense.

wilts 100 points = 5000 points today?

the_wise_one
07-03-2011, 09:46 AM

Ballhog Chuckers? 80 point games.

FTFY brother.