PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if LeBron James is aware it looked like he stood around a lot in the Finals

insidehoops
07-03-2011, 10:28 PM
I wonder if he realizes that he did a lot of what looked like standing and watching in the 4th quarter of Finals games this year.

Like, maybe in his mind he wasn't just standing, and was trying to do things and simply was unable to, due to Mavs defense or whatever.

Vs what it actually looked like, which is that he seemed content to stand and watch a lot when it mattered most

Peteballa
07-03-2011, 10:31 PM
I don't think LeBron understands how to help when he's off-ball. Seriously, he could be such a deadly off-ball player, whether it's scoring or setting ridiculous screens or getting post position. Instead of doing these sorts of things, when he gets taken out of his 1 on 1 offensive game, he ends up just standing there because he doesn't know how to play off-ball.

NewYorkNoPicks
07-03-2011, 10:34 PM
I wonder if he realizes that he did a lot of what looked like standing and watching in the 4th quarter of Finals games this year.

Like, maybe in his mind he wasn't just standing, and was trying to do things and simply was unable to, due to Mavs defense or whatever.

Vs what it actually looked like, which is that he seemed content to stand and watch a lot when it mattered most

he has the most talent of any player in the league....but he has the heart of a #2. he's not a natural born #1. simple as that. its the same reason why he is more content being a distributor rather than a scorer.

8BeastlyXOIAD
07-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Blame Spo

jbryan1984
07-03-2011, 10:38 PM
When LeBron thinks in his head that may be beaten, its like he completely loses all his talent. I'm as big a Cavalier fan as any of them and I never thought he gave up, its just when he loses his confidence, his game goes completely from superstar talent to average NBA player. Like that last Boston game, there was still a chance Boston could come back but look at how LeBron closed that game like the last minute and a half. He just went crazy. If he would have that never give up mind set every time, he would be damn near unstoppable. As for that series though, I think he was more driven to win that than the Finals because Boston had eliminated him in 08 and 2010. I mean just look at how happy he was and how much he celebrated afterwards.

iamgine
07-03-2011, 10:39 PM

Yeah he was waiting for the ball to come to him.

Sarcastic
07-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Lebron realized about 1 minute after the "Decision" that he made the wrong choice and threw away his legacy. When he was saying "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" he started off with "this is tough but...". He had doubts at that exact moment. Once the finals came, he didn't want to win cuz he knew Wade would get FMVP by game 2 and it would be another notch against his legacy.

MOD RESPONSE: No. Thanks for the crazy-talk, but, no.

thejumpa
07-03-2011, 10:43 PM
He "stood around" a lot because that is part of Miamis offensive scheme. He's not the best off ball player so he's basically used as a decoy until an alley oop opens up or a cutting lane opens up. I don't see why this is so hard to understand.

Funnyfuka
07-03-2011, 10:44 PM
When u think he could have moved to the heat without the stupid "decision" thingy that nuked his public image forever and put him under billions of tons of unncessary and easily avoidable pressure for the rest of his career... dumbest pr move ever. People who adivsed him at the time -and still do- ruined it all for him, maybe one day he ll figure this out.

Rysio
07-03-2011, 10:48 PM
he did what he always does in the playoffs as a favorite. quit

RazorBaLade
07-03-2011, 10:56 PM
He "stood around" a lot because that is part of Miamis offensive scheme. He's not the best off ball player so he's basically used as a decoy until an alley oop opens up or a cutting lane opens up. I don't see why this is so hard to understand.

oh my god this better have been a joke

catch24
07-03-2011, 11:06 PM
oh my god this better have been a joke

Does he not need the ball in his hands AND is Miami's offensive-structure not shit?

Yeah he played like a b*tch most of the series, but are you seriously conceding the factors above don't go hand in hand?

Theoo's Daddy
07-03-2011, 11:07 PM
When LeBron thinks in his head that may be beaten, its like he completely loses all his talent. I'm as big a Cavalier fan as any of them and I never thought he gave up, its just when he loses his confidence, his game goes completely from superstar talent to average NBA player. Like that last Boston game, there was still a chance Boston could come back but look at how LeBron closed that game like the last minute and a half. He just went crazy. If he would have that never give up mind set every time, he would be damn near unstoppable. As for that series though, I think he was more driven to win that than the Finals because Boston had eliminated him in 08 and 2010. I mean just look at how happy he was and how much he celebrated afterwards.

:roll: :roll:..

i'll be posting up clips later on for people to understand why 3 guys can't beat a team of 12 players..

cteach111
07-03-2011, 11:15 PM

i'll be posting up clips later on for people to understand why 3 guys can't beat a team of 12 players..

sounds like revisionist history to me. It's ok to admit that Miami lost a series they should have won.

winwin
07-03-2011, 11:15 PM

all in the mind.
he had no father to teach him and tell him off. never had a coach, or a leader teammate to learn from. peple arround him are yes-men who can't tell him the truth.

for f*ck sake he learned to shake hands at 26 year old?? and by whom?
by the fans and the media .. lol @ Mav. Carter

Byron Scott said that young Kobe used to ask me alot of questions about Kareem, magic, Worthy, and lakers showtime team .. and he sits and listens for hours.

all about mentality . but he does not get it.
look at the ''cough'' thing during last finals!! he doesn't know that concentration is a huge part of mental toughness.. you don't need that sh!t in the FINALS.

Theoo's Daddy
07-03-2011, 11:18 PM
sounds like revisionist history to me. It's ok to admit that Miami lost a series they should have won.

I admitted they lost. It was never guaranteed they were going to win. are you even serious saying this shit ??

gilalizard
07-03-2011, 11:19 PM

Poor prime Wade, James and Bosh... It's so unfair! They just need MORE help!

Indian guy
07-03-2011, 11:39 PM
Judging by his post-game conferences and his season-exiting interview, I don't think he's AWARE of his passiveness in the Finals. He looked content with his approach, and it just doesn't make any sense to me. He went from averaging 19 FGA + 9 FTA the first 3 rounds of the playoffs to 15 FGA + 3 FTA in the Finals. Part of it can be explained by Dallas doubling/trapping him more so than any other opponent in the playoffs, but the disparity shouldn't be that big. From Games 3-6 he mostly stood around and played hot-potato with the basketball. It just doesn't make any sense.

Theoo's Daddy
07-03-2011, 11:39 PM
Poor prime Wade, James and Bosh... It's so unfair! They just need MORE help!

Yeah, magic/bird/jordan got help, whats your point ? :rolleyes:

1987_Lakers
07-03-2011, 11:41 PM

those players actually won.

Theoo's Daddy
07-03-2011, 11:43 PM
those players actually won.

jordan beat magic,magic beat bird,bird beat magic. Jordan never beat bird.. :rolleyes:

1987_Lakers
07-03-2011, 11:47 PM
jordan beat magic,magic beat bird,bird beat magic. Jordan never beat bird.. :rolleyes:
LeBron choked.:oldlol:

Theoo's Daddy
07-03-2011, 11:48 PM
LeBron choked.:oldlol:

Like kobe in 04 and 08, ? :biggrin

JGXEN
07-03-2011, 11:50 PM
I think that zone D was the biggest factor why Mavs won. Although C's and the Bulls were much superior defensively, LBJ and Wade shit on them consistently because they were able to get to the rim easier. the zone D shut them out of the paint and LBJ being LBJ will start to get confused when attacking the paint is his strongest point

gilalizard
07-03-2011, 11:51 PM

the willful blindness...

Wade, James and Bosh teaming up IS the help. Guess they need Dwight or CP3 too... **** it, might as well make it legal for them (and only them) to have 6 men on the floor at a time.

They are already the most stacked team in the league. 2 of the 3 best players in the game. A third option who is a great second on any other team (and borderline first on some others). Decent roleplayers. How much more stacked do they need to be?

Apparantly as much as possible until teh chosen1 gets his ring.

1987_Lakers
07-03-2011, 11:51 PM
Like kobe in 04 and 08, ? :biggrin

5 rings to 0.:oldlol:

Theoo's Daddy
07-04-2011, 12:07 AM
5 rings to 0.:oldlol:

I'll not even go into this one.. you win.

Theoo's Daddy
07-04-2011, 12:07 AM
the willful blindness...

Wade, James and Bosh teaming up IS the help. Guess they need Dwight or CP3 too... **** it, might as well make it legal for them (and only them) to have 6 men on the floor at a time.

They are already the most stacked team in the league. 2 of the 3 best players in the game. A third option who is a great second on any other team (and borderline first on some others). Decent roleplayers. How much more stacked do they need to be?

Apparantly as much as possible until teh chosen1 gets his ring.

so npw you :mad: because your theory doesn't hold weight anymore ?

macpierce
07-04-2011, 12:09 AM
they dont have enough help, they need chris paul and dwight howard man.........THINK ABOUT IT

FourthTenor
07-04-2011, 12:24 AM

I have to agree with you.

Even as a guy who likes Lebron, there is no denying that he seemed visibly lethargic and unmotivated during parts of the finals.

I am of the belief that he threw away the Boston series as a member of the Cavs in order to justify leaving the team. Maybe because of all the backlash and hate the Heat received, he got it in his head that losing the finals would elicity sympathy and forgiveness rather than winning and further fueling the hate for the "superteam"

Dont get me wrong, Dallas earned it and won because they were a better team. But Lebron was definitely not Lebron during parts of the finals, and we'll probably never really know why.

The Iron Fist
07-04-2011, 12:25 AM
he has the most talent of any player in the league....but he has the heart of a #2. he's not a natural born #1. simple as that. its the same reason why he is more content being a distributor rather than a scorer.
:facepalm

z14h
07-04-2011, 12:45 AM
Lebron realized about 1 minute after the "Decision" that he made the wrong choice and threw away his legacy. When he was saying "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" he started off with "this is tough but...". He had doubts at that exact moment. Once the finals came, he didn't want to win cuz he knew Wade would get FMVP by game 2 and it would be another notch against his legacy.

You, sir, are an idiot.

Theoo's Daddy
07-04-2011, 01:04 AM
they dont have enough help, they need chris paul and dwight howard man.........THINK ABOUT IT

This would be great man..

RazorBaLade
07-04-2011, 01:34 AM
Does he not need the ball in his hands AND is Miami's offensive-structure not shit?

Yeah he played like a b*tch most of the series, but are you seriously conceding the factors above don't go hand in hand?

the post basically said that lebron in the finals played exactly according to the gameplan and exactly how miami wants him to play.

You saying he needs the ball in his hands is NOT the same as that trolling post saying he played in the finals passively and stood around a lot because thats how hes supposed to play.

stephanieg
07-04-2011, 02:23 AM
Elbow.

Mr. Incredible
07-04-2011, 02:41 AM
Wishful thinking. He needs to get rid of his entourage.

chazzy
07-04-2011, 02:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqBfD9xGu14

AirTupac
07-04-2011, 03:07 AM
Cmon now, is everyone stupid? Obviously LeBron didn't have the team to win. He needs BETTER players. They should also fire the coach because it was his fault too.

Sign CP3 and trade for Dwight Howard and that should give LeBron a ring (If you haven't caught on, I am being really sarcastic)

CP3
Wade
LeBron
Bosh
Howard

I think this team could possibly win a ring. Maybe they could hire Phil Jackson as their coach and sign Grant Hill / Nene / Shannon Brown (as bench players).
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

PrimeJohnnyDepp
07-04-2011, 03:14 AM
When u think he could have moved to the heat without the stupid "decision" thingy that nuked his public image forever and put him under billions of tons of unncessary and easily avoidable pressure for the rest of his career...

Yes, but why? It's a TV show. He's an entertainer. It's only hard to know that your fans are dumb as ****, prolonging some daily PR thing he had that day, into an organic hype thing he has to live with and is now a big part of his career... So no wonder he's paralised even on the floor by what he should do that all would seem tidy, to you. It's not a surprise that he's only now convincing himself you are all just lifeless trash. You are just future perverts, confused about media images.. He needs a stint in Europe this year, in Milan or England, or needs to just go to some soccer games, so his loser American fans will be put into perspective to him.

I.R.Beast
07-04-2011, 04:35 AM

most talent?...really?.....He's probably the most atheletic given his height weight and speed....but most talented he is not.

R.I.P.
07-04-2011, 06:22 AM

I watched the 4th quarter of some finals games again and he was really just standing around a lot on defense. He must have been cooked from the regular season, play-off run and the 43-46 minutes every night, which was absolutely deadly against the Mavs ball movement. It would have been better to play him only 38-40 minutes a night to keep him fresh, even the stats in the finals suggested the team played better when only 2 of the 3 stars were on the field together.

sh0wtime
07-04-2011, 07:00 AM
That is a combination of not being so agressive, Mavs defense and Wade all of the sudden going and saying for the first time "This is my team, i am the leader, i am gona lead them" in the Finals, after playing 2nd fiddle entire season and playoffs, he decided to hog the ball much more than usual leaving Lebron looking like a statue very often and when it was his turn he was not in offensive rythm, so Lebron focused instead on playmaking / defense..... They got this far by Lebron doing most of the leading, not Wade, that is what changed, it almost felt like Wade couldnt stand not winning the finals mvp or something. To be honest they could have still won this way if Wade/Bosh/Lebron didnt choke in the 4th quarter.

Its really that simple, there is only one ball.

Jasi
07-04-2011, 07:11 AM
In my opinion LeBron thought that getting into a scoring battle with Wade would have been detrimental for the ultimate goal of winning.

He convinced himself that he has to make a difference as "facilitator" (he even used this term when some journalist pointed out his lack of direct contribution), so it's just a matter of point of views:

- for the general public, who expects him to take over games: he is just standing around passively;

- for him, who has the goal to win a ring as the GOAT facilitator: he is being humble, not pretending the ball off Wade's hands, performing wonderful facilitation whenever he has the chance.

Final outcome: he lost :D

yeboah159
07-04-2011, 08:20 AM
That is a combination of not being so agressive, Mavs defense and Wade all of the sudden going and saying for the first time "This is my team, i am the leader, i am gona lead them" in the Finals, after playing 2nd fiddle entire season and playoffs, he decided to hog the ball much more than usual leaving Lebron looking like a statue very often and when it was his turn he was not in offensive rythm, so Lebron focused instead on playmaking / defense..... They got this far by Lebron doing most of the leading, not Wade, that is what changed, it almost felt like Wade couldnt stand not winning the finals mvp or something. To be honest they could have still won this way if Wade/Bosh/Lebron didnt choke in the 4th quarter.

it had nothing to do with LeBron sucking from the minute the finals started right?

And yea we all know that from here on out no debate about it this is Wades team. You cant have a mentally fragile and `4($)th quarter ,no show player` leading your team anywhere.

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-04-2011, 09:25 AM
It's Spoelstra's fault

Jimmy2k8
07-04-2011, 09:34 AM
I admitted they lost. It was never guaranteed they were going to win. are you even serious saying this shit ??

lol :oldlol: Bull ****ing shit. Everybody and their grandma had the Miami Heat winning the championship.

It's funny how WEDABESS fans are playing a different tune, after the Mavericks put the Heat in their place. :facepalm

bada bing
07-04-2011, 10:40 AM
all in the mind.
he had no father to teach him and tell him off. never had a coach, or a leader teammate to learn from. peple arround him are yes-men who can't tell him the truth.

for f*ck sake he learned to shake hands at 26 year old?? and by whom?
by the fans and the media .. lol @ Mav. Carter

Byron Scott said that young Kobe used to ask me alot of questions about Kareem, magic, Worthy, and lakers showtime team .. and he sits and listens for hours.

all about mentality . but he does not get it.
look at the ''cough'' thing during last finals!! he doesn't know that concentration is a huge part of mental toughness.. you don't need that sh!t in the FINALS.

it has a lot to do with this. Lebron is around yes-men and has never had someone to teach him or mentor him. When he does something wrong, these people tell him its not his fault or they laugh with him. He was soooo pampered in cleveland and even now in Miami. So when he gets challenged, he doesn't know what to do.

Being a superstar is not just about talent. Its both physical and mental. A lot of it has to do with mental toughness. Lebron does not have that. In him mind and with the people he has surrounded himself, he doesn't think he did anything wrong in these playoffs. No one has given him a reality check.

NugzHeat3
07-04-2011, 10:44 AM
LeBron is aware he didn't play up to his standards.

He's not aware that he let the team down though.

Meticode
07-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Nothing is technically guaranteed, but once the Mavs and Heat were named to play in the Finals I think at least 80-90% of people were picking the Heat that had no bias towards them.

Hell, I don't even like Miami. I hope they don't win a championship as long as LeBron is there, but even I felt they were going to win it. Although I hoped they wouldn't.

Samurai Swoosh
07-04-2011, 01:04 PM

They won games where Wade took over. Game 1 and Game 3. Game 2 they were winning when the ball was in Wade's hands, then LeBron tried to hijack the spotlight in the 4th in the late game situations and made terrible decision after terrible decision. Settling for awkward jumpers because he doesn't have driving ability, etc.

LeBron is the reason why they lost. Whether he was bitter and pouting about Wade's success under more intense pressure, Wade chewing him out in Game 3 in front of everyone, or if he simply doesn't have it anymore or have the skills to compete against elite defense.

Either way, his crappy play is why the Heat lost a series they should've won. No excuse. Most talented team in the NBA. Ran through the other series in the playoffs with no problem with those three sharing the spotlight.

ChandlerParsons
07-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Hell nah *****

before the finals you were ****ing on the heats team dick all the way down *****.

Like, im a heat fan, but goddam, talkin bout wedabess .

Going back on your words now that you guise lost and its embarrassing? :roll: :roll:

greensborohill
07-04-2011, 02:21 PM

MOD RESPONSE: No. Thanks for the crazy-talk, but, no.

I agree.

On a related note, it would be hilarious if the Heat traded LeBron to the Magic for DH12. He would soon become obsolete.

greensborohill
07-04-2011, 02:36 PM
I have to agree with you.

Even as a guy who likes Lebron, there is no denying that he seemed visibly lethargic and unmotivated during parts of the finals.

I am of the belief that he threw away the Boston series as a member of the Cavs in order to justify leaving the team. Maybe because of all the backlash and hate the Heat received, he got it in his head that losing the finals would elicity sympathy and forgiveness rather than winning and further fueling the hate for the "superteam"

Dont get me wrong, Dallas earned it and won because they were a better team. But Lebron was definitely not Lebron during parts of the finals, and we'll probably never really know why.

Bullsh!t posturing. You are who you are at all times. Having "quit" in you is a part of who you are, it's just of matter of when you begin to show it. LBJ has now chose to show the quit that lives inside of him on several occasions both on and off the court. It shouldn't be a suprise the next time he shows it b/c it IS who LeBron is.

kaiiu
07-04-2011, 02:37 PM
well they say quitting gets easier after the first time....... :confusedshrug:

TheMan
07-04-2011, 03:52 PM
LBJ is certainly talented enough to win, he'll win a ring or two but no way he even gets close to sniffing 7.

IGOTGAME
07-04-2011, 04:01 PM
nope, we are just spoiled by his greatness.

greensborohill
07-04-2011, 04:24 PM
nope, we are just spoiled by his greatness.

I believe that LeBron is not aware that the shit he says is arrogant and pompus. He really has the worst of all worlds (except for unmatched God-Given physical talent).

Jon_Koncak
07-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Lebron always stands around when the ball is not on his hands.It's been 8 seasons since he entered the league and still hasn't learned how to play off the ball.

Mr. Incredible
07-04-2011, 05:31 PM
lol :oldlol: Bull ****ing shit. Everybody and their grandma had the Miami Heat winning the championship.

It's funny how WEDABESS fans are playing a different tune, after the Mavericks put the Heat in their place. :facepalmWrong. Not that many picked the Heat to win, let alone get past the 2nd round.

Mr. Incredible
07-04-2011, 05:35 PM
They won games where Wade took over. Game 1 and Game 3. Game 2 they were winning when the ball was in Wade's hands, then LeBron tried to hijack the spotlight in the 4th in the late game situations and made terrible decision after terrible decision. Settling for awkward jumpers because he doesn't have driving ability, etc.

LeBron is the reason why they lost. Whether he was bitter and pouting about Wade's success under more intense pressure, Wade chewing him out in Game 3 in front of everyone, or if he simply doesn't have it anymore or have the skills to compete against elite defense.

Either way, his crappy play is why the Heat lost a series they should've won. No excuse. Most talented team in the NBA. Ran through the other series in the playoffs with no problem with those three sharing the spotlight.Let's not forget that the Mavs beat the Blazers who were picked to beat them, swept the "All-Mighty" Lakers (riiiight), beat the up & coming Thunder and then beat the "most stacked team of all time". Let's give credit where credit is due. Not saying that the Heat weren't supposed to win but in the end the Mavs won & the Heat lost.

It's a team game, LeBron did not cost the Heat the series by himself. If he would of asserted himself better than sure they would of had a better chance to win but he wasn't the all being reason they lost. Let's be real here.

kaiiu
07-04-2011, 07:44 PM
lol at the WE DA BESS crew singing a dif. tune now.

The Heat were a heavy favorite

Jimmy2k8
07-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Wrong. Not that many picked the Heat to win, let alone get past the 2nd round.

I was for certain that many people picked the Heat to beat the Celtics, though that might be wrong as well. I know for SURE that people picked the Heat to beat the Bulls in the Conference Finals, and rightfully so.

rodman91
07-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Seriosly what happened to WE DA BESS guys?

At least, Kobestans are loyal to their god no matter what.

DeronMillsap
07-04-2011, 10:07 PM
As much as I hate LeBron, it was actually disappointing and sad to see a two-time MVP playing like a role-player for much of the Finals series.

If you blur out his number and face you probably couldn't tell if it was LeBron James or Eddie House out there on the floor. And yes, I'm comparing him to House because it looked like he was waiting to shoot open 3's most of the time.

RazorBaLade
07-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Let's not forget that the Mavs beat the Blazers who were picked to beat them, swept the "All-Mighty" Lakers (riiiight), beat the up & coming Thunder and then beat the "most stacked team of all time". Let's give credit where credit is due. Not saying that the Heat weren't supposed to win but in the end the Mavs won & the Heat lost.

It's a team game, LeBron did not cost the Heat the series by himself. If he would of asserted himself better than sure they would of had a better chance to win but he wasn't the all being reason they lost. Let's be real here.

youre embarrassing yourself

post up the stats of finals compared to averages rest of year. lets see what that says

gilalizard
07-04-2011, 10:31 PM
so npw you :mad: because your theory doesn't hold weight anymore ?

What theory are you referring to, and how does it not hold weight?

Feel free to actually explain yourself.

MiseryCityTexas
07-05-2011, 02:00 AM

it's hard to understand because maybe he should be doing something else on offense aside from standing around when he does not get the ball when he wants it.

brantonli
07-05-2011, 03:22 AM
Wrong. Not that many picked the Heat to win, let alone get past the 2nd round.

I think that a LOT of people didn't pick the Heat to win not because of any basketball knowledge, but because they were already so many people on the bandwagon, and the 'hate' of being associated if you thought the Heat would win. Especially once you see so many Heat 'fans' suddenly popping up crowning their team champions before the season started, it would be annoying to be associated with them. I reckon more people thought the Heat would win than they let on.

Kargo
07-05-2011, 10:19 AM
youre embarrassing yourself

post up the stats of finals compared to averages rest of year. lets see what that says

Irrelevant,considering he had the same average against Dallas in the regular season.

Dallas current team>Miami's current team

9 effective players>4/5 effective players

Carlisle>Spolstra

6 wins against Miami in 2010/11>>>2 losses against Miami in 2010/11

greensborohill
07-05-2011, 11:13 AM
CHAMPIONS!! Kiss the Mavs Champion Ass Heat fans!!

Pointguard
07-05-2011, 11:26 AM
He flat out wasn't aggressive which is a mode that he has most of the time. He knows what energy is needed. Now if he has a mental block, then he simply doesn't know. In NY we had baseball player that was an allstar second base man that developed a mental block. All of a sudden he couldn't throw the ball to first basebase. At first, Derek Jeter was throwing the ball for Knoblock on double plays - then the guy just lost all accuracy. It was weird, and he seemingly couldn't do anything to stop it. He just retired.

Sure Lebron will look at the tape and have an out of body experience. He definitely wasn't himself but he wasn't alone. The Mavs, seemingly had a witch doctor on Gasol and Lebron and lesser doctor on Wade and Kobe.

kkling
07-05-2011, 11:42 AM
The Heat were much better when Lebron got his in the 1st half and Wade got his in the 2nd half. For whatever reason that was switched in the Finals. Also, Lebron played way too many minutes, far more than any other player.

greensborohill
07-05-2011, 12:10 PM
He flat out wasn't aggressive which is a mode that he has most of the time. He knows what energy is needed. Now if he has a mental block, then he simply doesn't know. In NY we had baseball player that was an allstar second base man that developed a mental block. All of a sudden he couldn't throw the ball to first basebase. At first, Derek Jeter was throwing the ball for Knoblock on double plays - then the guy just lost all accuracy. It was weird, and he seemingly couldn't do anything to stop it. He just retired.

Sure Lebron will look at the tape and have an out of body experience. He definitely wasn't himself but he wasn't alone. The Mavs, seemingly had a witch doctor on Gasol and Lebron and lesser doctor on Wade and Kobe.

No, Mavs were just better

Eat Like A Bosh
07-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Has the talent, but lacks the mental toughness.
That's why he won't be able to lead a team to a title.
Dwyane Wade is just what he needs.
Unfortunately, even Wade wasn't enough to save the day.

Eat Like A Bosh
07-05-2011, 01:31 PM

I always thought about that.
On Paper, those teams are better than the Mavs. But it's like something just happened.

Kargo
07-05-2011, 02:55 PM
I always thought about that.
On Paper, those teams are better than the Mavs. But it's like something just happened.

Mavs bench>>Lakers bench

Dirk,Marion,Kidd>>>Gasol,Artest,Fisher

Bynum>Chandler but Chandler played fantastic all around defense.

The only advantage the Lakers had against the Mavs was Kobe...and out of prime superstar can't beat a great team by himself.

On paper the Mavs are/were better than the Heat,a team with no bench,no decent center,no decent PG and no decent coach.

The best team won the title.

andgar923
07-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Blame Spo

Why should we blame Spo?

Players today (including Bron and Wade) lack the fundamental skill of moving without the ball, efficiently and consistently, it's that simple.

The way they play is no different than what 98% of how the league plays today.

The ball isn't moving enough, and players get caught standing around far too much. Both Bron and Wade have been like this for their entire careers, so to simply blame it on Spo is ignorant.

Geezer
07-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Biggest problem I have with his performance is that it just looked like he "didn't try". Whether it's true or not is debatable but there is NO excuse in the goddamn Finals not to do every little thing it takes to help your team win, including cutting off-ball and crashing the boards, etc. No "superstar" can ever have enough talent to transcend doing whatever is required.