PDA

View Full Version : Michael Beasley busted for pot after speeding, in June 2011

FireDavidKahn
07-06-2011, 02:46 PM
http://www.kare11.com/news/article/929331/391/Wolves-forward-Beasley-cited-for-marijuana-possession

MINNETONKA, Minn. -- Minnetonka Police say Minnesota Timberwolves forward Michael Beasley was cited for marijuana possession and speeding in Minnetonka last week.

Beasley was pulled over on June 26 for speeding around 3 a.m. on Interstate 394 and Carlson Parkway. He was clocked at 84 mph in a 65 mph zone.

Police also found 16.2 grams of marijuana in Beasley's vehicle.

Both offenses are petty misdemeanors which will result in fines.

Can't break NBA rules when there is a lock out:oldlol:

FourthTenor
07-06-2011, 02:49 PM
http://www.kare11.com/news/article/929331/391/Wolves-forward-Beasley-cited-for-marijuana-possession

Can't break NBA rules when there is a lock out:oldlol:

Heh, good point.

Glad they cant do jack about this, the league would probably huff and puff over it since he had a "weed" controversy before, as if using weed is like a legit crime.

who gives a fukc. glad this happened when the nba cant do shit.

2LeTTeRS
07-06-2011, 02:52 PM
16.2 grams? Thats such an odd amount. Wonder how much of that had already been blown down before he got caught.

Bladers
07-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Why did he let them search his car? Another american oblivious to his rights... :banghead: :banghead:

Bigsmoke
i'm about to get high tonight.

MeLO MvP 15
XOIDBeasley where you at?

shaq's--lakers
07-06-2011, 02:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFrW9_B93Pg

Grinder
07-06-2011, 02:55 PM
16.2 grams? Thats such an odd amount. Wonder how much of that had already been blown down before he got caught.

That's a little over a 1/2 oz...that's a lot of weed.

FireDavidKahn
07-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Why did he let them search his car? Another american oblivious to his rights... :banghead: :banghead:
I have no idea what the laws are, but can't a cop search the car if he sees/smell drugs in the car?

28renyoy
07-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Isn't 25 g a felony? God Beasley is an idiot

Clutch
07-06-2011, 02:58 PM
BeasleyXOIAD on suicide watch :oldlol:

Theoo's Daddy
07-06-2011, 03:00 PM
BeasleyXOIAD on suicide watch :oldlol:
kahn set him up.. i knew something was up when they drafted derrick williams :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:...

SpaceCityHakeem
07-06-2011, 03:01 PM
That's a little over a 1/2 oz...that's a lot of weed.

Eh, it aint that much. Prolly last a stoner and his friends 4 days max if they smoke good.

HylianNightmare
07-06-2011, 03:05 PM
baller should have more than that on him

AirTupac
07-06-2011, 03:07 PM
They need a search warrant to search your car. Unless the weed was visible in the car the cop had no right to search it. Unless the cop has reasonable suspicion that he will find something in your car, he can search your car without your consent.

Theoo's Daddy
07-06-2011, 03:11 PM
They need a search warrant to search your car. Unless the weed was visible in the car the cop had no right to search it. Unless the cop has reasonable suspicion that he will find something in your car, he can search your car without your consent.

beasley's car was probably full of drug paraphernalia...

ProfessorMurder
07-06-2011, 03:13 PM

Well if he's talking to Super Cool Beas and he's super high he could search the car.

AirTupac
07-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Well if he's talking to Super Cool Beas and he's super high he could search the car.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_vmr9u8pL5OI/SpHDEH6AGGI/AAAAAAAABPU/_VOKKOvAYJs/s400/afb268bd0018d4947693ef265420e12c_supercoolbeas.jpg

BarberSchool
07-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Eh, it aint that much. Prolly last a stoner and his friends 4 days max if they smoke good.you know Beasley probly goes thru a half zip a day when his friends are around. probly 2grams a day just by himself.

LeFraud James
07-06-2011, 03:34 PM
you know Beasley probly goes thru a half zip a day when his friends are around. probly 2grams a day just by himself.

Blunts to the dome. :pimp:

Niytrus
07-06-2011, 03:37 PM

In many States the odor of marijuana alone is PC, no warrant needed... I'm willing to bet that it could be easily smelled thus giving the officer PC and the right to search his vehicle.

AMISTILLILL
07-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Didn't realize ISH had so many law experts. :facepalm

Theoo's Daddy
07-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Didn't realize ISH had so many law experts. :facepalm

unless you've been leaving under a rock, drug paraphenalia is probable cause for cops to search you/house/car. This is common knowledge. :rolleyes:

dunksby
07-06-2011, 03:59 PM
unless you've been leaving under a rock, drug paraphenalia is probable cause for cops to search you/house/car. This is common knowledge. :rolleyes:
Your English is quickly reaching your son's level.

bagelred
07-06-2011, 04:00 PM
GASP....Marijuana!!!!......Uh oh.......what a complete loser that guy must be.....what a f-cking pothead!!!!

So listen, anyone want go out drinking tonight and get hammered? Whaddaya say? :cheers:

Eat Like A Bosh
07-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Well if there's weed in plain sight...
Then the Cops had every right to search.

Laimbeer_Rodman
07-06-2011, 04:03 PM
@least someone uses lockout for the good cause
lot better than planking & sh*t

Theoo's Daddy
07-06-2011, 04:12 PM
@least someone uses lockout for the good cause
lot better than planking & sh*t

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:..

AMISTILLILL
07-06-2011, 04:16 PM

My comment was actually directed towards the people claiming that police require search warrants to search cars, or that Beasley was somehow unaware of his civil rights by allowing police to search his vehicle.

Theoo's Daddy
07-06-2011, 04:16 PM
:sleeping:

kaiiu
07-06-2011, 04:18 PM
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: Beasley is a kush burnin ni99a. All he smoke is strong

LeFraud James
07-06-2011, 04:20 PM
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: Beasley is a kush burnin ni99a. All he smoke is strong

He's probably rolling one up as I type this up. :oldlol:

kaiiu
07-06-2011, 04:20 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

KingBeasley08
07-06-2011, 04:22 PM
:rockon: :rockon:

Beasley is a beast

kaiiu
07-06-2011, 04:25 PM
real talk now its a lockout, I bet half the NBA players are getting high as **** rite now.

8BeastlyXOIAD
07-06-2011, 04:33 PM
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
07-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Beasley is a pot head. He will never reach his full potential. You can't teach someone to not be lazy and stupid.

Laimbeer_Rodman
07-06-2011, 04:41 PM
What are you talking about,Robert Parish is HOF

Rowe
07-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Beasley is a pot head. He will never reach his full potential. You can't teach someone to not be lazy and stupid.

FireDavidKahn
07-06-2011, 06:56 PM
He is right :confusedshrug:

Meticode
07-06-2011, 06:57 PM
What a surprise.

8BeastlyXOIAD
07-06-2011, 06:59 PM
He is right :confusedshrug:

Umm no he is not.

And you call yourself s Wolves fan :facepalm:

8BeastlyXOIAD
07-06-2011, 07:01 PM
What a surprise.

Everyone in the NBA smokes weed.

And y is weed still legalized?

I don't get this!

fatboy11
07-06-2011, 07:03 PM
I love it how people are trying to act like this isn't that bad of a thing because it's just pot.

You are missing the point if you think that.

The point is not that weed is such a bad thing. The thing that makes this bad for him is that he was dumb enough to be driving nearly 90 mph with a big bag of weed in his car. He represents the league very, very poorly. Michael Beasley is bad for the NBA. He may not be a bad guy, but he's a bad representation of the league and most definitely deserves a suspension for this.

fatboy11
07-06-2011, 07:04 PM

I don't get this!

Exactly what I was just referencing......

:facepalm

fatboy11
07-06-2011, 07:05 PM

That is barely English.

AMISTILLILL

I don't get this!

Yeah, I hear Ray Allen is a real big Cheech and Chong fan.

Meticode

I don't get this!
I doubt everyone does it, but I bet a huge portion does. Regardless I feel it should be legalized. Especially since alcohol does more damage to people, but they have no problem airing a commercial of people skipping work to drink or to take a bar exam for cold and super cold right between an inning break of a baseball game.

Just a week ago a 21 year old girl in my neighborhood died in car crash from a drunk driver who already got caught once while driving drunk. Here's the story: http://www.wxow.com/story/14985482/remembering-theresa-kroes

DRoseOwnsACamry
07-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Joakim Noah and Michael Beasley are probably going to get possessions charges, Baron Davis will gain at least 25 pounds of fat(And that takes TALENT[Not good talent]), and I have a very strange feeling that Gilbert Arenas will do something very stupid. Also, Stephen Jackson is going to get arrested for assault.
YES, I called it :roll:
Joakim will soon.

8BeastlyXOIAD
07-06-2011, 07:14 PM
I love it how people are trying to act like this isn't that bad of a thing because it's just pot.

The point is not that weed is such a bad thing. The thing that makes this bad for him is that he was dumb enough to be driving nearly 90 mph with a big bag of weed in his car. He represents the league very, very poorly. Michael Beasley is bad for the NBA. He may not be a bad guy, but he's a bad representation of the league and most definitely deserves a suspension for this.

The NBA is soft.

FireDavidKahn
07-06-2011, 07:17 PM
That is barely English.
He talks like that all the time.

vitamink420
07-06-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm all for people smoking weed but I just don't get how rich people/athletes get busted for it. Don't they have lackies to take the fall for them? All these charges will end up costing Beasley next time he's up to sign a contract.

fatboy11
07-06-2011, 07:26 PM
He talks like that all the time.

I know. And the sad thing is that it's all a front.

fatboy11
07-06-2011, 07:26 PM
The NBA is soft.

Thanks, Captain Irrelevant.

niko
07-06-2011, 07:27 PM
He's a ****ing idiot. I'm no holier than thou, but i never lost $1 in my life from smoking, drinking anything - i'm not risking my job over that. The next time he's up for a contract, no one is gonig to give him shit. He's going to wind up getting shipped to siberia, playing for a shit team, and disappearing on the bench. For someone with his talent it's ridiculous.

And i agree with the person who says why aren't his friends taking the fall, and i have the answer - because he's too ****ing dumb to realize they should.

LeFraud James
07-06-2011, 07:27 PM
I know. And the sad thing is that it's all a front.

Are you fronting being fat?

Pics or GTFO.

Theoo's Daddy
07-06-2011, 07:48 PM
okay sad to say but former suns player richard dumas was banned from the nba because of alcohol problems. Beasley is trending on dangerous grounds.

fatboy11
07-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Are you fronting being fat?

Pics or GTFO.

Nah, I'm legit.

LeFraud James
07-06-2011, 07:51 PM
okay sad to say but former suns player richard dumas was banned from the nba because of alcohol problems. Beasley is trending on dangerous grounds.

You mean treading. :banghead:

Nah, I'm legit.

Circumference or GTFO

kaiiu
07-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Nah, I'm legit.
Lol @ this fat fvck

Theoo's Daddy
07-06-2011, 07:56 PM
You mean treading. :banghead:

thank u grammmmmer nasi..

LeFraud James
07-06-2011, 08:06 PM
thank u grammmmmer nasi..

Remember, stay in school.

Theoo's Daddy
07-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Remember, stay in school.

Gtfoh... skools are out.

Stuckey
07-06-2011, 08:50 PM

that`s the thing, no one should be looking at athletes as role models on how to be a good person, and certainly not the stoners for work ethic inspiration

michael jordan is fine enough, his gambling losses give good warning to others, and his divorce is a great example of never trusting people esp when you have something to lose

fatboy11
07-06-2011, 08:59 PM
that`s the thing, no one should be looking at athletes as role models on how to be a good person, and certainly not the stoners for work ethic inspiration

michael jordan is fine enough, his gambling losses give good warning to others, and his divorce is a great example of never trusting people esp when you have something to lose

Well, for one, I wasn't referring to them being role models. Just representatives of the companies that employee them or sponsor them.

But even then, how can people honestly not expect kids not to look up them? I mean, seriously. It's impossible. Children will always look up to athletes and celebrities. It most definitely is their responsibility to be role models. If they're fine with being shitty human beings and just taking the money, so be it. When you accept all that fame and fortune, you accept the responsibility that comes with it. You forfeit your privacy. That's your trade-off for being rich.

I understand they are human and make mistakes. I also understand that it's even harder for them to make a mistake and it not get caught in today's age of super media. But it's not too much to ask to not be a complete dumbass. That's what Michael Beasley is.

fatboy11
07-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Lol @ this fat fvck

I don't try to be someone I'm not. It would be easier for me to lose weight than it would be for you to regain your self respect (or gain it in the first place).

L...O....L

JMT
07-06-2011, 09:03 PM

Drivers license that reads "Michael Beasley" = probable cause

He's a moron, and his career will always be hindered by his stupidity.

Further drops his trade value as well. Bet the T'Wolves are thrilled.

04mzwach
07-06-2011, 10:29 PM
probable cause is the strong odor of marijuana if you don't already know

8BeastlyXOIAD
07-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Lol @ this fat fvck
:roll: my ni99@

fatboy11
07-06-2011, 11:09 PM
:roll: my ni99@

The simple amusement of the simple-minded.

blacknapalm
07-07-2011, 04:48 AM
probable cause is the strong odor of marijuana if you don't already know

this. they usually ask for permission. if you can play your cards right, you can abstain via the 2nd amendment. if the cop is bored or suspicious enough though, he can get a dog and if he sniffs anything from the outside, it's enough for a warrant.

main thing is...beas probably would have gotten away if he just didn't speed. dumb move. if you hold, you want to blend in, not do anything out of the ordinary. he's lucky he wasn't carrying more than an ounce. he should just stick to smoking at home. another interesting facet is that this happened before the lockout, meaning he was still subject to extra fined/suspensions and legally still under the drug policy. again, this is just dumb all the way around. it hinders his value in the open market.

kumquat
07-07-2011, 05:30 AM

Michael Beasley IS reasonable suspicion for posession of pot.

tomtucker
07-07-2011, 05:32 AM

I don't get this!
:eek: really ?.....imagine if they stopped...games would be played twice as fast.......it would be like watching with the fast-forward button down
http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/images/uploads/fast_forward_button.jpg

All Net
07-07-2011, 06:17 AM
:oldlol: surprise surprise.

Solid Snake
07-07-2011, 06:59 AM
GASP....Marijuana!!!!......Uh oh.......what a complete loser that guy must be.....what a f-cking pothead!!!!

So listen, anyone want go out drinking tonight and get hammered? Whaddaya say? :cheers:

Exactly

JtotheIzzo
07-07-2011, 12:21 PM

11.8 grams already smoked

Theoo's Daddy
07-07-2011, 12:23 PM
11.8 grams already smoked
:oldlol: :oldlol: beasely needs a Medical Marijuana Card in his life.

Samurai Swoosh
07-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Beasley is a pot head. He will never reach his full potential. You can't teach someone to not be lazy and stupid.I was saying that from the get go. Bad decision, after bad decision. He's a grown man still making major mistakes. He's about that life, and not about NBA basketball, so let it be. Everyone here should know by now how dumb this guy really is ...

JMT
07-07-2011, 12:41 PM

Hardly the point.

Smoked for more years than you or Michael Beasley have been alive.

Never once put myself in a situation where either pot or booze could potentially jeopardize my career or earning power, or where my pleasure could jeopardize the safety of others.

Beasley does it repeatedly. Indicative of a juvenile mentality.

Samurai Swoosh
07-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Hardly the point.

Smoked for more years than you or Michael Beasley have been alive.

Never once put myself in a situation where either pot or booze could potentially jeopardize my career or earning power, or where my pleasure could jeopardize the safety of others.

Beasley does it repeatedly. Indicative of a juvenile mentality.
Pretty much exactly. I don't care that he smokes weed. A lot of people do, including myself. But he puts himself in these situations. Driving 84 in a 65 with weed in the car @ 3 a.m. isn't a bright idea either.