PDA

View Full Version : Denver Nuggets will DOMINATE

hotsizzle
12-22-2006, 02:43 AM
Iverson will BLOW up; he is rejuvenated, hes been given a second chance....he wants to win badly and it will happen. The whole AI/Melo "not co-existing thing" is dead wrong...they will more than just co-exsit, they will floruish. And if you thought melo was hard enough to stop, imagine a healthy duo of Melo/AI

One thing that is underated or perhaps not talked about is that they still have their role players. Camby (who is a top C in the W when healthy)...some bangers in Evans/Najera..still got Nene and JR Smith, and a very good coach. This is a loaded team. And will be are a force to reckon with. I have no doubt they will be in the Phx, Dal, SA discussion.

Thats all, just wanted to get my thoughts out there

konex
12-22-2006, 02:44 AM
Seriously, this is bad news for our Lakers :ohwell:

Take Your Lumps
12-22-2006, 02:47 AM
Does Kobe usually guard Melo when they play?

If so, what's the over/under on AI's PPG vs. Smush? :roll:

nashforprez
12-22-2006, 02:49 AM
just like backcourt 2000 dominated

Loki
12-22-2006, 02:50 AM
Iverson will BLOW up; he is rejuvenated, hes been given a second chance....he wants to win badly and it will happen. The whole AI/Melo "not co-existing thing" is dead wrong...they will more than just co-exsit, they will floruish. And if you thought melo was hard enough to stop, imagine a healthy duo of Melo/AI

One thing that is underated or perhaps not talked about is that they still have their role players. Camby (who is a top C in the W when healthy)...some bangers in Evans/Najera..still got Nene and JR Smith, and a very good coach. This is a loaded team. And will be are a force to reckon with. I have no doubt they will be in the Phx, Dal, SA discussion.

I agree, they're a pretty stacked team so long as JR keeps producing.

wang4three
12-22-2006, 02:54 AM
You're the king of pointing out the obvious.

Locked_Up_Tonight
12-22-2006, 03:07 AM
I think they'll still have trouble finishing 5th in the west. And I don't see them being better than Dallas/Phx/Utah/SA.

BlackMoses
12-22-2006, 03:14 AM
I think they'll still have trouble finishing 5th in the west. And I don't see them being better than Dallas/Phx/Utah/SA.

They're the best team in the league if Iverson is having an on-night, I'm not talking about 50 ppg Iverson, I'm just talking about good shooting percentage Iverson. If Iverson can shoot 46% or above, the Nuggets are the best team in the league at any given moment

Darkess
12-22-2006, 03:33 AM
They're the best team in the league if Iverson is having an on-night, I'm not talking about 50 ppg Iverson, I'm just talking about good shooting percentage Iverson. If Iverson can shoot 46% or above, the Nuggets are the best team in the league at any given moment

And he's done that once in his career...

They're not even close to the best team in the league. They have 2 star scorers, both capable of putting up big numbers. However, they're not stars on defense and their supporting cast is less than adequate for them to rise up. Iverson will play nice this year and not have any squabbles, so that's not what I'd be worried about.

It's TURNOVERS! Both Melo and AI are averaging about 4 turnovers a game EACH this season (almost like they're the same player).

Look over their other players. The only ones decent or better (capable of being a consistent threat to the opponents) are Camby and JR. That's not much. Miller was worth quite a bit to the Nuggets don't forget.

I would rank the Nuggets now at about 5th in the west (a bump up from 7th or so before). Not even close to the best in the NBA. They have excitement around them, I'll give them that. But just watch how it unfolds.

AKA AAP
12-22-2006, 03:33 AM
If so, what's the over/under on AI's PPG vs. Smush? :roll:

Exactly the same as Carmelo's PPG vs. Kobe. :rolleyes:

hotsizzle
12-22-2006, 04:04 AM
You're the king of pointing out the obvious.

I didnt know them contending with phx/mavs/spurs was an obvious consensus. I've also heard so much trash about them not co-exisiting

BlackMoses
12-22-2006, 04:19 AM

They're not even close to the best team in the league. They have 2 star scorers, both capable of putting up big numbers. However, they're not stars on defense and their supporting cast is less than adequate for them to rise up. Iverson will play nice this year and not have any squabbles, so that's not what I'd be worried about.

It's TURNOVERS! Both Melo and AI are averaging about 4 turnovers a game EACH this season (almost like they're the same player).

Look over their other players. The only ones decent or better (capable of being a consistent threat to the opponents) are Camby and JR. That's not much. Miller was worth quite a bit to the Nuggets don't forget.

I would rank the Nuggets now at about 5th in the west (a bump up from 7th or so before). Not even close to the best in the NBA. They have excitement around them, I'll give them that. But just watch how it unfolds.

If Iverson is shooting over 46% in a game, they're the best team in the league. They have two of the best scorers in the game, an athletic swingman that drains threes, two rebounding/hustling/dirty work power forwards, one of the best centers in the league, and AI-lite coming off the bench.

They can definitely take down everyone except the Spurs. The Spurs can take down the Nuggets because they can control the tempo due to superior rebounding. I can't say that about any other team in the West, in the long run.

JtotheIzzo
12-22-2006, 04:20 AM
Denver Nuggets will DOMINATE

Should read

Denver Nuggets Players will DOMINATE the ball

*fixed

Serge
12-22-2006, 05:04 AM
AI+Melo duo will match perfect. They will be able to score as much as the Suns. There D will be shakey, but they will be the 4th best team after Dallas, Spurs, and Suns for sure no question. Rockets are good to win T-Mac is healthy with Yao.

Y2Gezee
12-22-2006, 05:16 AM

Are you serious? First of all Turnovers isn't that big a deal as the type of turnovers both of them get are generally the ones of being aggressive players. Offensive fouls, not necessarily bad passes leading to fastbreak pts. Not only that, but Denver is already one of the best teams in causing defensive turnovers, and its not like those turnovers are going to stop them from being one of the best offenses in the league, if not the best.

2nd, the whole ball hogging thing is not going to be a problem. Melo doesn't hog the ball, he's always played off of the ball, not a guy that dribbles for 10 seconds and takes a bad shot. So AI is going to hog the ball and play pg, probably not even as bad as Miller and Boykins hog the ball (that was awful). Iverson is going to have to play pg, going to have to share the ball, and utilize his teammates. Mostly Carmelo and JR. Iverson will still get enough shots to put up an efficient 24-26. Carmelo already puts 32 at .50 percent facing doubles and triples, which he wont see anymore. Jr is playing as nothing but a guy that runs the floor and shoots about 5-6 3s a game, he'll get 14-15 a game. Camby will get what he gets maybe 10-13, Evans and Najera will continue to share dumpoff passes, and when Nene gets back to fully starting you can expect about 12-15 from him, he's a guy that can shoot around .60% for an entire season. Boykins is going to be the one that misses out, his minutes will be cut as there's little chance that Karl will play the 2 pg lineup like he did with Miller, and AI is capable of playing a lot of minutes when needed. Maybe like 8ppg, but productive when in.

Ofcourse things will vary, but I expect this team to avg about 110ppg, probably more. AI is a better creator than Miller even when he was on that sorry Philly team, with all these weapons, he will be challenging for the assist title instead of the scoring title.

And defensively, again when Nene gets back in, they'll be fine. AI is a guy that challenges, and is disruptive on the defensive end, even though he has physical shortcomings. Melo is good on that end, Camby ofcourse, and Nene, plus Evans and Najera are disruptive and Diawara is their perimeter stopper.

Offensively they will challenge Phx, as they already did. Defensively, they should definately be better than Phx. They are a team composed with the talent to make stops, especially big stops.

But the whole, can they share the ball thing is an absolute joke. Melo is without question about winning and it wouldn't bother him to score 26 a game, though I think in this offense (which will be even quicker paced with AI instead of Dre) he can keep getting 30, and probably at a higher percentage. But AI knows and Karl will remind him that he's got to be a distributor aswell as a scorer (which they did need).

This isn't just something like what Washington has where they put up a bunch of perimeter guys and hope to outscore, they've got great rebounders, one of the best frontcourts in the league (rebounding, shotblocking, defense, post scorer in Nene), and definately the best perimeter.

And Kenyon is going to be back next year after getting more rest than most from this surgery. Will come back slow and add his defense, hustle, and rebounding, aswell as efficient scoring.

There isn't a more talented team. Things may be shakey for a while and they may not finish 3rd or 4th this year due to Melo's suspension. But come playoff time, they'll be as dangerous as it gets. And next year after a full season, they'll be up there with the Spurs and Mavs.

*LAKERS_3_PETE*
12-22-2006, 07:28 AM
No doubt the Nuggs are a loaded gun but could backfire in the wrong way if not careful, as to being a dominant team there will a ? interms of AI and Melo coexisting with sharing the rock. Sure they both want to win a Championship but somewhere down the line one will have to take a step back and let the other be Da Man' coz it's kinda ironic to have both the leagues top 2 scorers being on the same team averaging the same number of points and I don't recall it happening before but I maybe wrong. Anyways the Nuggs no doubt will be a playoff team but I just don't see them dethroning the Mavs, Spurs and Suns as being the top 3 teams in the wild wild west.

My guess is that AI will have to relinquish being the top scorer on his team and in the process give up the chance of being the leagues scoring champ aswell with Carmelo being the Nuggets main man. I know AI is more mature now but as to being the 2nd fiddle on his new team is a role he isn't very familiar with and a role in which he :no: might not accept too well (imo) besides 2 hogs don't neccessarily make a team right , not right for a title that is...stay tuned...

All Net
12-22-2006, 07:46 AM
If It all works then the Nuggets could win the title. If Kenyon Martin gets healthly again I think realisticly they can make a great run at It next season.

Iverson
Smith
Melo
Martin
Camby

when all healthly is a very dangerous line-up. K-mart's presence is missed I feel. His defense, energy and rebounding is whats missing from the Nuggets at this moment.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
12-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Nuggets are what, 3 games behind Jazz? getting a fourth seed should be no big problem

francesco totti
12-22-2006, 11:02 AM
Fact is everyone is fearing us at the moment. Because we have the best talent there is. When we play our best we will win easily even if any team around the league plays its best.

W R COMING AI IS THE BEST PLAYER ON PLANET

wally_world
12-22-2006, 11:11 AM
Defence? their perimeter is gonna get killed... without Andre Miller, the guards of other teams will run their offence! and i know i know... AI is a good defender, but just statistically, he still doesn't bring that 1 on 1 defence that most guards have... althought it doesn't seem important (Nash's case), but i think that will be the key to Denver's success...

BlackVVaves
12-22-2006, 01:37 PM
Everyone keeps comparing them to PHX "with defense". So, may I ask, how? Denver was top in the league with fast breaks last year. Know? The guy averaging almost 10 assists per night, who would usually start the fast break. Andre Miller....

...Who is gone. Granted, Iverson is the better player...but Miller was and is better at running this team.

Also, everyone just looka at JR Smith, Melo, and Iverson and says "110ppg or more". Hmm. If that was the case, then the Knicks should be averaging 130 per game, with all the scorers on their team. Guess what? They dont. Iverson coming to Denver will take a few shots away from JR smith undoubtly, and maybe more depending on what position he plays.

Sorry. I wanna SEE the Nuggets ANNHILIATE teams, including the Spurs, Mmavs, and Suns before I call them elite.

joewait
12-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Nuggets will get the 7 or seed 8 and will proceed to get their asses handed to them on a platinum caviar dish by the mavs, spurs, or suns

DoubleTech
12-22-2006, 03:19 PM
Nuggets will get the 7 or seed 8 and will proceed to get their asses handed to them on a platinum caviar dish by the mavs, spurs, or suns

bingo. no D, no chance.

adding a great scorer to a team that had no problem putting up points will only make a marginal difference in the standings.

atleast denver won't get destroyed in the 1st round like they have in previous years. when melo starts choking (and it WILL happen) they'll have iverson to ensure they score 100+ ppg.

other than JR smith, who's only skills consist of dunking, shooting and wearing bling, what 2guards to the nugs have? diawara? anyone else? i can't wait to watch a boykins/iverson backcourt get mauled by some of the big guard tandems out west.

Rab
12-22-2006, 04:32 PM
We'll just have to wait and see. It's pretty obvious that someone's numbers are going to suffer. How will JR fit into all this? He might be taking a step back. Sharing the ball is going to be the key here.

I'm excitied to see AI play though. Too bad Melo is a moron and threw a punch. Now we won't know until the suspension is over.

wang4three
12-22-2006, 04:34 PM
I didnt know them contending with phx/mavs/spurs was an obvious consensus. I've also heard so much trash about them not co-exisiting

Most of those people just hate Carmelo. Just like AAP has agendas against Kobe. You just ignore it. If they gel, I don't think anyone thinks AI on the Nuggets won't succeed.

Kblaze8855
12-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Combo of having the 3rd easiest record inthe NBA so far, Melo and JR missing 15 and 10 games, and being in the west could easily lead to a first year letdown for them.

tontoz
12-22-2006, 05:08 PM
bingo. no D, no chance.

adding a great scorer to a team that had no problem putting up points will only make a marginal difference in the standings.

Exactly. Denver is averaging 108 ppg and a big reason for that is a fast break lead by Miller.

Their weakness is their D. How is Iverson shooting 46% going to improve their defense, which is giving up 105 ppg?

i predict Iverson will take at least as many shots as Carmelo and shoot a much lower percentage. Then the Iverson groupies will start saying that Carmelo isn't really that good anyway and that iverson is shooting poorly because he is expending so much effort setting other guys up for easy shots....blah, blah blah.

In case nobody has noticed Iggy is averaging 20 ppg shooting 51% since iverson left.

Y2Gezee
12-22-2006, 07:43 PM
You people don't know what you're talking about.

Miller didn't like to run, and held the ball too long, made opposing team's zone's effective as he had no range and no catch and shoot abilities, and I almost pissed my pants when someone said they're worst off defensively. This is the guy that allows Ellis to Lue look like allstars with his defense. He doesn't even try. HIs defense is an absolute joke. And Miller leading the fastbreak being missed is a joke. You know how there's a saying that people will run if they know the pg will get them the ball. Well the coaches have made the wings run and Miller runs when he feels like it. Its been a struggle to get him to run the offense right since he got there, Karl even had to change the offense this year to get the ball out of his hands earlier, and that only worked sometimes.

AI may get shots taken over him, but his overall hustle and disruption defensively is a HUGE upgrade, and Camby (one day) and Nene and Kenyon (one day) are back there to clean up. And atleast AI is fast enough to slow penetration and take charges, Miller is as slow a foot a pg there is.

So Blackwaves 110 is almost definate considering that team, has even more than Melo/AI/JR to score, and because they already scored 108 a game with Dre who held their offense back. People look at stats too much, I've been begging for Miller to go for 3 years now. He can't shoot, cannot create for others in the halfcourt, especially when defenses slow them down and their shots are off, doesn't move without the ball, overdribbles, Doesn't push the ball relentlessly on the dribble, only with long passes after guys leak out. AI is going to push the ball and create fastbreak pts that shouldn't be there. Going to drive and create, stop those long stretches when the others can't do anything and Melo has to force things, and just make plays for others. And his scoring is important, because most of you who just look at their boxscores don't see the games vs the likes of the Hawks or Grizz when the team can't score easy baskets, Miller looks lost, and Melo has to force things and they lose. That is gone with AI and Melo together.

Im sure AI will step back in the scoring dept, but the ball is still his as he should be competing for the assist leaders as a Nug. But he's going to make them a better defensive and offensive squad.

Human Error
12-23-2006, 12:58 AM
The Nuggets will get to miss Andre Miller very soon. His game wasn't flashy, he was a step slow, he didn't have a range of Dan Majerle but he could get the job done for them.

LakersRuleTheNBA
12-23-2006, 01:17 AM
The Nuggets will get to miss Andre Miller very soon. His game wasn't flashy, he was a step slow, he didn't have a range of Dan Majerle but he could get the job done for them.

Phil Jackson mentioned the same thing. PJ said Dre gave them an extra 3-4 wins a year, with his lop passes to Melo and Kmart.

Snow
12-23-2006, 01:18 AM
So AI is going to replace Dre's 47% shooting and take up some of Melo's and Camby's 50% FG% shots with his 41%? I don't think the Nugs are going to fall flat on their face but they ain't gonna be any world beaters either.

*Watches as droves of people jump on the Nugs bandwagon and head down the road, sits down on my lawn chair with a pair binoculors and looks for the point at which the wagon throws a wheel and people start falling off.*

The Mamba
12-23-2006, 01:23 AM
The only thing I am worried about disrupting the team, is J.R. Smith and his refusal to give up about 5-6 shots again that will now be re-distributed.

I see Melo shooting about 20 shots per game, and give Iverson about 15 shots a game (as you saw tonight) which will maximize his shooting effeciency, and he can focus on getting people involved as well (10 dimes in his first game, anyone?)... I think this situation is great for Iverson. As long as J.R. doesn't ruin any great things that lie ahead for this club.

Y2Gezee
12-23-2006, 01:27 AM
Are you guys who are looking at stat sheets, seriously telling a Denver fan who's been begging for Miller to be traded for 3 years that they're going to miss him. Most people who know anything realize that they were never going to go anywhere with Miller. His shooting range stalled their defense and allowed guys to double off of him onto others. He contributed little to the halfcourt offense aside from Lobs. And its probably more work by the other guy to position himself to get ready for a lob. And Phil is wrong if he things lob passes won games. Camby throws lobs, Melo and JR throws lobs, Earl throws lobs, Karl loves lobs and draws up plays for them. And Im damn sure AI can throw one too. Miller does not run the offense, he's a care taker.

AI isn't going to shoot 41% in Denver and even if he did, him being aggressive and making things happen in the offense will be 3x what Miller did.

Y2Gezee
12-23-2006, 01:32 AM
The only thing I am worried about disrupting the team, is J.R. Smith and his refusal to give up about 5-6 shots again that will now be re-distributed.

I see Melo shooting about 20 shots per game, and give Iverson about 15 shots a game (as you saw tonight) which will maximize his shooting effeciency, and he can focus on getting people involved as well (10 dimes in his first game, anyone?)... I think this situation is great for Iverson. As long as J.R. doesn't ruin any great things that lie ahead for this club.

JR is going to be able to take his 12 shots a game. Earl Boykins took more shots than Melo usually does tonight, Yakhouba took more shots than JR ever does, these shots are all going back to those guys when they get back. So did Demarr. And there will be room for JR and Melo to get as many shots as they do currently. Even if AI takes 5 more shots a game. The only guys that really need or deserve shots on that team are Melo/AI/JR/Nene/Camby. Boykins will get less minutes and around 8-9 shots. Khouba/Evans/Najera the open ones that they work for. And considering how much faster the pace will be with AI running the point instead of Miller, they may get even more shots a game.

I am fully convinced that shots won't be a problem. And JR has been nothing really but a open 3pt shooter, and runs the floor well. He's not a guy getting iso's run for him. If he goes down from 12 shots to 10 and gets 5 3s a game, he'll be happy.

albertpujols
12-23-2006, 01:33 AM
Im sure AI will step back in the scoring dept, but the ball is still his as he should be competing for the assist leaders as a Nug. But he's going to make them a better defensive and offensive squad.

He might not be the 30 points per game Iverson in the Nuggets, but how about if he wants to be? Sure he does share the ball, but he has been a volume scorer for his whole career. Throwing up 20-30 shots a game is what he has been used to, and this may very well create a problem if he does not get the ball into his hands as much as he wants to. This is the same problem the Knicks had over ball movement and who's taking the shots.

Y2Gezee
12-23-2006, 01:41 AM
He might not be the 30 points per game Iverson in the Nuggets, but how about if he wants to be? Sure he does share the ball, but he has been a volume scorer for his whole career. Throwing up 20-30 shots a game is what he has been used to, and this may very well create a problem if he does not get the ball into his hands as much as he wants to. This is the same problem the Knicks had over ball movement and who's taking the shots.

All his career, he's maintained that he's shot so much because that what his team dictates him to do. In Denver, its not needed. Tonight and other nights he's proven that he can cut back in being a volume shooter and up the assists. He's got more talent than ever around him, and Karl is a guy that gets great relationships with his pgs sorta like Brown. He's going to play more Nash like than anything, with a bit more scoring. Im expecting around 24 on 45%+ and 10 assists from AI. They still need the man to score. And if he does take 20 shots, that really wont be a problem. There are enough shots in the Denver offense for him to do so and Melo to do so aswell. Believe it or not. But he's not going to be taking 30 shots a game, often, though there will be games that dictate he should.

I don't know why people feel like guys can't change how they play, and can't realize these volume shooter guys do so because their teammates sucked. Look at Tmac, he's happy playing more of a pg role. Even Kobe has toned it down and allowed his teammates to get involved and let Odom take on a leadership role. Kobe is much worse than AI, as he did it with Shaq on his team. AI did it with Larry Brown's blessing and trash playing offense with him.

Kujo
12-23-2006, 02:13 AM

The voice of reason.

Let's not forget that It'll take time for Melo, and A.I. to gell.

hateraid
12-23-2006, 04:23 AM
Sidenote:
Getting the first glimpes of AI in that Denver uni. Was that ever hard to get used too. Reality hit. It was weird cause I was almost cheering against him. Almost...

hawkfan
12-23-2006, 04:48 AM
This is a team of a lot of ifs:

1. Will Carmelo Anthony have another blowup? He was a problem with Team USA, and now he gets into a brawl that gets him suspended for 15 games. Not good for a superstar.
2. Can AI get along with George Karl?
3. Can Marcus Camby stay healthy?
4. Can Kenyon Martin come back healthy next year?
5. Will Nene live up to his contract?
6. Does JR Smith have the temperment to be an NBA player. He certainly has the talent, but mentally will he be another JR Rider?
7. Will George Karl have a meltdown, like he had in Seattle and Milwaukee?
8. Will Earl Boykens be moved? If not, is he good enough to be a backup point guard for a playoff contender?
9. Is there enough outside shooting on this team?
10. Is there good enough low post scoring on this team?
11. What about the defense? Is it good enough.

LakersDynasty
12-23-2006, 04:54 AM
1. Will Carmelo Anthony have another blowup? He was a problem with Team USA, and now he gets into a brawl that gets him suspended for 15 games. Not good for a superstar. (He wasn't a problem this summer and was our most valuable player).
2. Can AI get along with George Karl? Yes.
3. Can Marcus Camby stay healthy? Who knows.
4. Can Kenyon Martin come back healthy next year? Yes, if he's still with Denver next season.
5. Will Nene live up to his contract? NO!
6. Does JR Smith have the temperment to be an NBA player. He certainly has the talent, but mentally will he be another JR Rider? JR Rider was insane, no he won't be like him.
7. Will George Karl have a meltdown, like he had in Seattle and Milwaukee? No.
8. Will Earl Boykens be moved? If not, is he good enough to be a backup point guard for a playoff contender? He's good enough to play 10-15 mins a game.
9. Is there enough outside shooting on this team? Not really, but J.R. Smith more than makes up for it.
10. Is there good enough low post scoring on this team? Melo, Evans, Nene. Not really a weakness, although not a strength either.
11. What about the defense? Is it good enough. No, but who plays defense these days?

Serge
12-23-2006, 05:28 AM
What (Y2Gezee) said was true.

Person who said Iggy did good yes he does some games, but not all he in not consistent at all. And I actually like Iggy I just wish he was more consistent.

And for people who are still saying AI will be to selfish then why did he pass out 10 assists tonight with no Melo/JR/Camby ??? And AI shot pretty good tonight I think. I actually think people need to stop getting on him about his passing. Because in the 4th usually he would take over tonight I here he was deffering to much to others in the 4th. And that's not good if he does that now. Later when Melo/JR/Camby are back sure depends on how good he is playing on that night, but now he needs to take over games not worry about people saying he still does not get guys involved people are going to take him away from his best. He can pass now let him play his game, and you guys will be a great team once Melo/JR/Camby are back.

I wonder why he did not start tonight first like 8 min on the bench I think just makes you build up being nerves not good.

BradMiller52
12-23-2006, 06:06 AM
Sidenote:
Getting the first glimpes of AI in that Denver uni. Was that ever hard to get used too. Reality hit. It was weird cause I was almost cheering against him. Almost...

Give it up man, we all know you were cheering for the best 76er in NBA history-John Salmons:oldlol:

Y2Gezee
12-23-2006, 06:33 AM
1. Will Carmelo Anthony have another blowup? He was a problem with Team USA, and now he gets into a brawl that gets him suspended for 15 games. Not good for a superstar. Yeah, he hurt them this summer. And he wasn't a problem in Athens, he wasn't going to play regardless due to Brown and without him they weren't going to get it done
2. Can AI get along with George Karl? yes
3. Can Marcus Camby stay healthy? No, but he'll be serviceable at the least come playoff time
4. Can Kenyon Martin come back healthy next year?Yes
5. Will Nene live up to his contract? Numbers wise? Probably not with all this talent, but his defense makes a difference, as does his rebounding, and usually he's a low post player compareable to Eddy Curry, and say what you will but Curry can score in the post. Nene's very efficient down there
6. Does JR Smith have the temperment to be an NBA player. He certainly has the talent, but mentally will he be another JR Rider? Are you serious? Kill urself.
7. Will George Karl have a meltdown, like he had in Seattle and Milwaukee?No
8. Will Earl Boykens be moved? If not, is he good enough to be a backup point guard for a playoff contender? Yeah
9. Is there enough outside shooting on this team? Ive seen AI enough to know he can hit open 3pt shots, as can Melo, and JR is a beast, Earl can hit them too. They're not going to be the best 3pt shooting team, but definately not bad enough to have those problems in the playoffs. Without Andre their 3 perimeter players HAVE to be guarded on the perimeter and can hit outside shots, allowing space in the paint. If not 3s AI and Melo are 2 of the best 20ft jumpshooters in the league and JR is a beast
10. Is there good enough low post scoring on this team? Melo demands double teams in the post, and Nene when healthy can take people one on one. One day Martin will be too. So definately. This is not a jumpshooting team
11. What about the defense? Is it good enough. Yes, when guys get healthy, not counting Kmart ofcourse.

People are hoping for this to blow up, its obvious. But its not. These aren't going to be children fighting over the ball. The only time something like this has been a problem was with Shaq and Kobe and they won 3 rings out of it. When you have great coaches and great talent, it shows up on the court in wins and that's what's going to happen here. AI is a pg and he's going to play like one now that he can.

Serge
12-23-2006, 07:11 AM
1. Will Carmelo Anthony have another blowup? He was a problem with Team USA, and now he gets into a brawl that gets him suspended for 15 games. Not good for a superstar. Yeah, he hurt them this summer. And he wasn't a problem in Athens, he wasn't going to play regardless due to Brown and without him they weren't going to get it done
3. Can Marcus Camby stay healthy? No, but he'll be serviceable at the least come playoff time
5. Will Nene live up to his contract? Numbers wise? Probably not with all this talent, but his defense makes a difference, as does his rebounding, and usually he's a low post player compareable to Eddy Curry, and say what you will but Curry can score in the post. Nene's very efficient down there
6. Does JR Smith have the temperment to be an NBA player. He certainly has the talent, but mentally will he be another JR Rider? Are you serious? Kill urself.
8. Will Earl Boykens be moved? If not, is he good enough to be a backup point guard for a playoff contender? Yeah
9. Is there enough outside shooting on this team? Ive seen AI enough to know he can hit open 3pt shots, as can Melo, and JR is a beast, Earl can hit them too. They're not going to be the best 3pt shooting team, but definately not bad enough to have those problems in the playoffs. Without Andre their 3 perimeter players HAVE to be guarded on the perimeter and can hit outside shots, allowing space in the paint. If not 3s AI and Melo are 2 of the best 20ft jumpshooters in the league and JR is a beast
10. Is there good enough low post scoring on this team? Melo demands double teams in the post, and Nene when healthy can take people one on one. One day Martin will be too. So definately. This is not a jumpshooting team
11. What about the defense? Is it good enough. Yes, when guys get healthy, not counting Kmart ofcourse.

People are hoping for this to blow up, its obvious. But its not. These aren't going to be children fighting over the ball. The only time something like this has been a problem was with Shaq and Kobe and they won 3 rings out of it. When you have great coaches and great talent, it shows up on the court in wins and that's what's going to happen here. AI is a pg and he's going to play like one now that he can.

Great Post!!!

I agree!!!

MaxFly
12-23-2006, 07:29 AM
Denver has an interesting cap situation. I wonder how they'll maneuver.

http://www.dmjfly.com/basketball/denver.gif

Y2Gezee
12-23-2006, 08:10 AM
Denver has an interesting cap situation. I wonder how they'll maneuver.

http://www.dmjfly.com/basketball/denver.gif

They don't really need to maneuver too much. Kroenke doesn't mind spending money as he's one of the richest owners in the league and a big basketball fan. And if they stay away from injuries or atleast major ones, this is a complete team. Defense in the paint. 2 superstars, youth, shooting with JR/Melo/AI. Post scoring with Melo/Nene/Kenyon. If things don't work out, just let AI and Camby go in a few years. But on paper, there isn't a more talented team. But they do have a **** load of big contracts, next year Melo's going to be getting max too. And they'll have to sign JR after next year, shouldn't cost toooo much though.

Da KO King
12-23-2006, 09:44 AM
*Watches as droves of people jump on the Nugs bandwagon and head down the road, sits down on my lawn chair with a pair binoculors and looks for the point at which the wagon throws a wheel and people start falling off.*
I'm on the lawn right next to you my man.

People are going to be sorely dissappointed when this experiment doesn't work.

Due to the timing of the trade Denver is going to ask Allen to do exactly what Philly had him doing. This means 15 games of Allen being the leader. So the chemistry will be an issue when Carmelo returns.

Plus people are forgetting about George Karl. Guy is a pretty good coach but his diva moments are the stuff of legend.

How many coaches call a player "soft" in front of reporters and the team and then vow to trade that player if it's the last thing he does?

How many coaches deactivate a guy for not practicing as hard as he plays in real games when he's only a few months removed from microfracture knee surgery?

I don't think Denver will implode and miss the playoffs. However, all the dominate offense talk will not come to fruition.

AI Nuggets3
12-23-2006, 10:24 AM
if Iverson played like he did last night for the rest of the season then Denver will be up there with Dallas, San Antonio, and Phoenix.

last night he was "pass first", and he picked his spots offensively.

he looked inspiring last night. after he dove and slid 10 feet for a looseball his teammates immediately started playing harder. thats what he brings.

with the true Nuggets lineup, AI wouldve had 22 and 15 last night.

NugzFan
12-23-2006, 05:05 PM
No doubt the Nuggs are a loaded gun but could backfire in the wrong way if not careful, as to being a dominant team there will a ? interms of AI and Melo coexisting with sharing the rock. Sure they both want to win a Championship but somewhere down the line one will have to take a step back and let the other be Da Man' coz it's kinda ironic to have both the leagues top 2 scorers being on the same team averaging the same number of points and I don't recall it happening before but I maybe wrong. Anyways the Nuggs no doubt will be a playoff team but I just don't see them dethroning the Mavs, Spurs and Suns as being the top 3 teams in the wild wild west.

My guess is that AI will have to relinquish being the top scorer on his team and in the process give up the chance of being the leagues scoring champ aswell with Carmelo being the Nuggets main man. I know AI is more mature now but as to being the 2nd fiddle on his new team is a role he isn't very familiar with and a role in which he :no: might not accept too well (imo) besides 2 hogs don't neccessarily make a team right , not right for a title that is...stay tuned...

oh please...same ole repeated bs. AI has said he is willing to play with melo and in fact wants melo to win the scoring title.

talk about them not playing well together is getting old.

NugzFan
12-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Everyone keeps comparing them to PHX "with defense". So, may I ask, how? Denver was top in the league with fast breaks last year. Know? The guy averaging almost 10 assists per night, who would usually start the fast break. Andre Miller....

...Who is gone. Granted, Iverson is the better player...but Miller was and is better at running this team.

i hope you are not implying that lose dre for AI will actually hurt this team.

NugzFan
12-23-2006, 05:06 PM
We'll just have to wait and see. It's pretty obvious that someone's numbers are going to suffer. How will JR fit into all this? He might be taking a step back. Sharing the ball is going to be the key here.

I'm excitied to see AI play though. Too bad Melo is a moron and threw a punch. Now we won't know until the suspension is over.

who cares if their numers go down (whcih they will). as long as the team is better.

NugzFan
12-23-2006, 05:07 PM

i liked dre alot but posts like this just make me laugh. so you are saying we shouldnt have traded an average pg who couldnt shoot for an all time great HOFer?

what a joke.

NugzFan
12-23-2006, 05:09 PM
Are you guys who are looking at stat sheets, seriously telling a Denver fan who's been begging for Miller to be traded for 3 years that they're going to miss him. Most people who know anything realize that they were never going to go anywhere with Miller. His shooting range stalled their defense and allowed guys to double off of him onto others. He contributed little to the halfcourt offense aside from Lobs. And its probably more work by the other guy to position himself to get ready for a lob. And Phil is wrong if he things lob passes won games. Camby throws lobs, Melo and JR throws lobs, Earl throws lobs, Karl loves lobs and draws up plays for them. And Im damn sure AI can throw one too. Miller does not run the offense, he's a care taker.

AI isn't going to shoot 41% in Denver and even if he did, him being aggressive and making things happen in the offense will be 3x what Miller did.

why do we bother? its obvious they dont understand the team at all.

NugzFan
12-23-2006, 05:11 PM
This is a team of a lot of ifs:

1. Will Carmelo Anthony have another blowup? He was a problem with Team USA, and now he gets into a brawl that gets him suspended for 15 games. Not good for a superstar.
2. Can AI get along with George Karl?
3. Can Marcus Camby stay healthy?
4. Can Kenyon Martin come back healthy next year?
5. Will Nene live up to his contract?
6. Does JR Smith have the temperment to be an NBA player. He certainly has the talent, but mentally will he be another JR Rider?
7. Will George Karl have a meltdown, like he had in Seattle and Milwaukee?
8. Will Earl Boykens be moved? If not, is he good enough to be a backup point guard for a playoff contender?
9. Is there enough outside shooting on this team?
10. Is there good enough low post scoring on this team?
11. What about the defense? Is it good enough.

fair enough but a) you ignored all the positives and b) you could list questions for any team in the league like that. it means very little.

of course the trade has risks. of course there could be problems. of course it might not work. but that doesnt justify the asinine posts in this thread full of assumptions. at least it gives us a chance to be more than a first round playoff team. and there isnt one person here who doesnt trade dre for ai. and if you wouldnt im so thankful you are not our GM.

also why is it no one mentions what AI and melo have been saying? why do you assume they wont work well together when EVERY SINGLE QUOTE says otherwise?

Y2Gezee
12-23-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm on the lawn right next to you my man.

People are going to be sorely dissappointed when this experiment doesn't work.

Due to the timing of the trade Denver is going to ask Allen to do exactly what Philly had him doing. This means 15 games of Allen being the leader. So the chemistry will be an issue when Carmelo returns.

Plus people are forgetting about George Karl. Guy is a pretty good coach but his diva moments are the stuff of legend.

How many coaches call a player "soft" in front of reporters and the team and then vow to trade that player if it's the last thing he does?

How many coaches deactivate a guy for not practicing as hard as he plays in real games when he's only a few months removed from microfracture knee surgery?

I don't think Denver will implode and miss the playoffs. However, all the dominate offense talk will not come to fruition.

How can someone say this as a fact. With the way Karl's offense is, with AI as the pg, they're definately not going to be below 108 (where they are now) when this team gets re-united. Whether they get along or not, and they will, Melo and AI are going to keep each other from being doubled and tripled all the time and the 2 of them dominate all the scoring, they're both going to be unstoppable still.

I swear it really is like people are hoping for this not to work. AI is a much better creator than Miller, and his offense will help a lot. Plus his leadership and intensity.

Melo and AI are already friends, as are AI and Camby. And why people think AI is going to try and score 30 a game is retarded. This is definately going to work. With this free running offense, if AI can't make it work then he can't make it work anywhere.

They may not be a great winning team, though they should be, but definately will be a great offense.

Y2Gezee
12-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Iverson trying to get up to speed with Nuggets

By PAT GRAHAM, AP Sports Writer
December 23, 2006

AP - Dec 19, 8:31 pm EST
More Photos

DENVER (AP) -- It was just practice. Still, Allen Iverson didn't want to go home.

He had too much to absorb. So he hung around with son Deuce, who turned 9 years old Saturday -- as most of the Denver players took off. Iverson shot a few more jumpers, watched Carmelo Anthony go one-on-one with J.R. Smith and had a long talk with coach George Karl.

Iverson made his Nuggets debut Friday night in a 101-96 loss to the Sacramento Kings and realized he has a lot to learn.

"It's tough when the point guard doesn't know the plays," he said. "I told coach to give me a wrist band that football players wear so I can know where I am on the court."

Karl thought Iverson did just fine considering he arrived in town a couple of hours before the game, made a 1-hour, 45-minute chauffeured drive through traffic to the arena, underwent a rushed physical, got in a few quick jumpers and then took the floor. He finished with 22 points and 10 assists in more than 39 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT

"He did some things last night that were very instinctive and very smart," Karl said.

All that despite the fact he's been out for the past few weeks as the Sixers looked for someone interested in trading for him. Denver sent Andre Miller, Joe Smith and two first-round picks in 2007 to Philly for Iverson and Ivan McFarlin earlier in the week. The Nuggets waived McFarlin on Friday night.

"I haven't been in the gym in a month," Iverson said. "The only thing I did was shoot in my front yard. That's it. I haven't ran or played any basketball, not even one-on-one."

Karl couldn't believe it.

"For a guy that hasn't played in 14 or 15 days to do what he did (Friday night), it shows he's almost Superman," Karl said.

But even Iverson has his Kryptonite -- a zone defense. The Kings played exclusively zone against Denver and Iverson would frequently penetrate and kick the ball back out, only to have someone miss an open jumper. Iverson was 9-for-15 and the rest of his teammates combined to shoot 27-for-82 (33 percent).

"My teammates were as nervous as I was," Iverson said. "Everybody was a little uptight."

Anthony, who's serving a 15-game suspension for his role in a brawl against the New York Knicks on Dec. 16, was watching from home, agonizing over what he was seeing. All those wide-open shots were tantalizing him.

"I was in the house, getting my wrists ready (to shoot the shots)," said Anthony, who went out to dinner with Iverson after the game. "I want to be out there so bad."

AP - Dec 19, 8:24 pm EST
More Photos

Iverson said it was hard to go through practice Saturday, knowing that Anthony and Smith, who's suspended for 10 games, can't play, and that Marcus Camby is missing with a fractured ring finger on his right hand. Camby is listed as game-to-game.

"It's kind of a tease," Iverson said. "It's tough thinking those guys are going to be out so long. I've never been on a team this good ever in my life."

While Iverson is second in the league to Anthony in scoring average, his focus isn't on winning another scoring crown. He's already led the league in scoring four times.

"I want Melo to win it," Iverson said. "I want him to have something like that on his resume because he deserves it. I'll be right there to help accomplish that."
Would he have said that eight years ago?

"It depends on when I won my first (scoring title)," he said with a grin. "After that, it didn't matter. Eight years ago, I would've thought I would've won eight championships by now. I'm going to do anything it takes to win a championship."

First things first, though -- he still has to learn Denver's offense.

"It was tough running around playing a system and not knowing it," Iverson said. "I felt good about getting in here (Saturday) and learning a little more. I'm trying to figure out how the team plays and trying to fit in."

AI gets it. He's the pg

NugzFan
12-23-2006, 08:37 PM
awesome article. the more AI speaks the dumber all the doubters look.

the melo/ai/jr combo could be the deadliest combo offensively in the entire league. defensively they need work though.

btw now we are without camby making us severely short handed. watch all the haters make stupid conclusions when we lose games (which of course we will) about the nugs and AI. we have 4 starters out right now.

Human Error
12-23-2006, 11:20 PM
awesome article. the more AI speaks the dumber all the doubters look.
Yeah, just like the game is being played by mouth.

Anyway, I can't wait to see Iverson play with Carmelo and JR Smith. It will be fun.

KobeLookLike2Pac
02-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Reading this thread again makes me laugh. :lol:

Howard5Dirk41
02-08-2007, 08:37 PM

lol wow, how you were so wrong Sizzle.

MaxFly
02-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Great bump... season's still relatively young though, so Denver can still make a push.

joewait
02-08-2007, 08:40 PM
lol wow, how you were so wrong Sizzle.

as always, i was right

Kblaze8855
02-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Not far off what I expected so far.

Combo of having the 3rd easiest record inthe NBA so far, Melo and JR missing 15 and 10 games, and being in the west could easily lead to a first year letdown for them.

AI Nuggets3
02-08-2007, 08:45 PM
AI is playing the best basketball of his life.

critics can't complain about him at all....well maybe joewait can.

-shooting less
-turned into a pass-first player
-assists are up
-FG% is way up
-teammates are claiming that he's making everyone such a better player.

at least one Nugget is showing up to play. Melo has been horrible since his suspension. this team is in desperate need of the all-star break. everyone has always said that 07'08 will be Denver's big year, but i think they can pull it together this year. you can't even be sure that KMART will comeback and be a difference maker.

DoubleTech
02-08-2007, 08:53 PM
hilarious.

joewait
02-08-2007, 08:56 PM
AI is playing the best basketball of his life.

critics can't complain about him at all....well maybe joewait can.

-shooting less
-turned into a pass-first player
-assists are up
-FG% is way up
-teammates are claiming that he's making everyone such a better player.

at least one Nugget is showing up to play. Melo has been horrible since his suspension. this team is in desperate need of the all-star break. everyone has always said that 07'08 will be Denver's big year, but i think they can pull it together this year. you can't even be sure that KMART will comeback and be a difference maker.

i guess apparently winning isn't too important to you

Xsatyr
02-08-2007, 09:32 PM
i guess apparently winning isn't too important to you

I think it is funny that the Sixers are starting to win and the other AI is starting to show his potential. I wonder what could have been holding him back???

Howard5Dirk41
02-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Allen Iverson is a loser, its good that hes showing this to everyone who said it was his teammates.

AI Nuggets3
02-08-2007, 09:51 PM
I think it is funny that the Sixers are starting to win and the other AI is starting to show his potential. I wonder what could have been holding him back???

Iverson and Webber averaged 40 some shots together. lol with option #1 and #2 gone you would expect the 3rd option to step up and he's been great.

I think any Sixer fan/league pass owner will tell you that Iggy was scared to play for 3 years. how many articles were written that told about Iverson begging Iggy to start shooting and to stop passing it back to him? I dont think AI or CWebb held him back as much as he held himself back.

i still dont understand all the AI hate. guy is a legend. plays harder than anyone and has become the player critics always said he would refuse to be. why do people hate the guy so much? why not give him credit

TMacsOneGoodEye
02-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Nuggets would have been better if they traded Melo for AI straight up.

Cannonball
02-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Nuggets would have been better if they traded Melo for AI straight up.

Doubtful but thats besides the point because I dominate on 2k7. LOL

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-08-2007, 10:27 PM
I wonder if both Webber & Iverson are like darn, if we trusted these guys (current 76ers) the sky could have been the limit.

Cannonball
02-08-2007, 10:47 PM
I wonder if both Webber & Iverson are like darn, if we trusted these guys (current 76ers) the sky could have been the limit.

Webber is to excited with the new 5 man gay orgys he gets with the pistons. To care about that.

And AI is happy to play with someone who he can trust for once.

Xsatyr
02-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Webber is to excited with the new 5 man gay orgys he gets with the pistons. To care about that.

And AI is happy to play with someone who he can trust for once.

Yeah it is good to see those wins rack up for the Nuggets.

melo4life
02-09-2007, 05:08 AM
Melo and AI have only played a few games together so it's hard to say how well they are going to play together, I think we might go second round into the playoffs

NASH = BEST
02-09-2007, 05:18 AM
I almost spit out my drink when I first read the title of this thread,
It turns out its just an old thread and someone geniusly bumped it up,
Good job, Good read, Good laughs!!!!!!!

Still early though but I find it funny how some Denver fans have stopped posting since the Nuggets Started losing. Hey, so what if they have lost 3 in a row, they are still in the 8 seed spot!

I think the Nuggets are going to be a good first round opponent for my Suns but we still win in 5-6 games!!

hotsizzle
02-09-2007, 05:36 AM
Yea, looks pretty bad right now...but heres what I wrote in the other nuggz thread:

AI is doing well right now. Its not his fault and this isn't just by looking at his stats. Hes not forcing anything, hes taking good high% shots while involving the rest of the team. Right now, Denver's struggle lies in on court chemistry. Before you succeed, you're going to fail. Just needs time for the Carmelo/Iverson duo to become "natural". They're still trying to figure things out but once they get it down...they'll take off. Also, they've had numerous amounts of injuries/setbacks. Did we ever see AI/Melo/JR Smith/Camby all on the floor at once? If we did, probably been for a game or so...when they do get some time together...roles will be determined and the gameplan fixated. Team has been basically torn apart and put back together with Iverson trade to injuries to suspensions.

If they can hover around .500 until the ASB, they'll be good to go after IMO

Darsh
02-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Yea, looks pretty bad right now...but heres what I wrote in the other nuggz thread:

im with Hotsizzle.

granted, im a denver fan, but people are being so quick to judge.. nuggets fans included.

give it some time after the ASG, then we'll see whats really going down for the Nugz.

Human Error
03-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Melo and AI have only played a few games together so it's hard to say how well they are going to play together, I think we might go second round into the playoffs
We gave them a little over 2 months, and things aren't still looking bright.

G-train
07-24-2012, 09:30 PM

Didn't work out that well.

NuggetsFan
07-24-2012, 09:32 PM
I have a dog named Iverson because of this trade :oldlol:

SpecialQue
07-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Why not just create a new thread and link to the old one instead of bumping this shit like a ph@gg0t?

G-train
07-24-2012, 10:16 PM
Why not just create a new thread and link to the old one instead of bumping this shit like a ph@gg0t?

Because it wouldn't have made you mad?

SpecialQue
07-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Because it wouldn't have made you mad?

Oh, ok.

FindingTim
07-25-2012, 03:24 AM
weeellllcccoommmee tooo the tiiiiimmmmeee waaaaarrrrppp
pleeeeaaaasseee dooooonnttt caaalll meee a faaaggooott foooor buuummpping
(sorry guys. really. I'm sorry.)

Punpun
07-25-2012, 05:01 AM
Seriously, this is bad news for our Lakers :ohwell:

Is this a case of Konex curse acting up ?