PDA

View Full Version : Analysis and reactions to Deron Williams signing with team in Turkey

Jon_Koncak
07-07-2011, 06:28 AM
...and signs with Besictas,same team that had Iverson on their roster last season.According to Turkish reports he'll earn 200.000 per month and will leave as soon as lockout ends and return to the Nets.

Story is at the top of http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml

We'll see if this rumor actually comes true or not.

The source is a large TV station in Turkey.

ANOTHER UPDATE: ESPN and NY Daily News, and others, confirm that D-Will really intends to play in Turkey if the lockout continues.

DRose1899
07-07-2011, 06:41 AM
Deron will owning on there if its true.

one2
07-07-2011, 06:46 AM
He will be the second coming of the messiah of the basketball court.

Doranku
07-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Wow if true.

Really interested to see what kinda numbers he puts up over there.

b1imtf
07-07-2011, 06:51 AM
In before Euroleague says he'll suck

DRose1899
07-07-2011, 06:54 AM
What excuse for him to say that I wonder.. Deron is smart player, efficient n stuff.

Jon_Koncak
07-07-2011, 06:54 AM

Nba champions would lose by 30 to Greek national team :lol

b1imtf
07-07-2011, 06:56 AM
Nba champions would lose by 30 to Greek national team :lol
30? Why limit yourself?

InspiredLebowski
07-07-2011, 07:00 AM
This is pretty laughable.

insidehoops
07-07-2011, 07:41 AM
It's actually a major media outlet in Turkey reporting it.

And it appears to be the TV network that has the rights to NBA game broadcasts in that country.

So, this could have real legs

Let's wait and see if this really materializes.

CeltsGarlic
07-07-2011, 07:42 AM
the worst part he will not play in Euroleague :cry: .I would love to see him :(

bluechox2
07-07-2011, 07:54 AM
would be even better if espn can televise his games

brownmamba00
07-07-2011, 07:56 AM
:banghead:

bluechox2
07-07-2011, 07:58 AM
i wonder when this agreement took place,

niko
07-07-2011, 08:37 AM
I highly doubt he risks his $100M extension to play in Turkey. He also is a person who is iffy on Brooklyn because his wife is so picky about where he lives. I doubt he is moving to Turkey. I don't care who reported it, it's clearly not happening.

Clutch
07-07-2011, 08:43 AM
I don't think it's happening but if it is then Besiktas is building a solid team.

They have already signed Zaza Pachulia

Besiktas have reportedly agreed on terms of contract with Zaza Pachulia (212-C-84). The 27-year-old centre has been playing in the NBA since 2003. He was drafted by the Orlando Magic in the second round of the NBA Draft. Zaza Pachulia was the member of the Atlanta Hawks squad since 2005. Last season the Georgian player notched 4.3 points and 4.3 rebounds per game. Zaza Pachulia is not new to Turkey. He played for Ulker Istanbul in 1999/2003 seasons. The centre made it into Eurobasket.com Turkish League All-Bosman Players Team in 2003. Zaza Pachulia has been the Georgian National Team player since 2000. The centre averaged 15.8 points, 7.5 boards and 1.8 assists per game at 2011 EuroBasket Qualifying Round.

Wambo
07-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Too bad Besiktas is not even a Euroleague team

niko
07-07-2011, 09:27 AM
i 100% retract my prior post. i hear nets are in total panic mode (their franchise not yet signed franchise player is going to play overseas with his surgically repaired wrist). Cool. What a bizarre offseason this will be...

wang4three
07-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Get that paper Deron!

niko
07-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Get that paper Deron!
Your team disagrees vehemently. :lol

bletchley
07-07-2011, 09:45 AM
I highly doubt he risks his $100M extension to play in Turkey. He also is a person who is iffy on Brooklyn because his wife is so picky about where he lives. I doubt he is moving to Turkey. I don't care who reported it, it's clearly not happening.
i don't think he is risking anything and btw istanbul is a great city and they probably had been there before

tpols
07-07-2011, 09:47 AM
I love how you say everything with such certainty.. like you know anything about what Deron and his wife want to do.:oldlol: You're just bullshitting, and for some reason insecure about the Nets next year if the lockout doesnt cancel the season.

I cannot WAIT to see the Knicks play next year.. watching Melo AKA Jamal Crawford 2.0 and Amare fall flat on their faces again will be hilarious.:rockon:

wang4three
07-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Your team disagrees vehemently. :lol

Like you know anything what my team wants or doesn't want.

niko
07-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Like you know anything what my team wants or doesn't want.
i know people who work there, they are frenzied and trying to contact his agent. Believe me or don't i do not care. :confusedshrug: Aside from giving you my friends name and what he does (which i clearly cannot) i can't, so that's that. BTW,Do you really think the Nets want Deron and his surgically repaired wrist to travel to Turkey to play btw? Logic dictates no. Tell me why they would.

BTW, other dipshits i already admitted i was wrong. What do you want? Should i do the typical ISH thing and argue i'm right even though i know i'm wrong? I can if it makes you feel better.

wang4three
07-07-2011, 10:23 AM
i know people who work there, they are frenzied and trying to contact his agent. Believe me or don't i do not care. :confusedshrug: Aside from giving you my friends name and what he does (which i clearly cannot) i can't, so that's that. BTW,Do you really think the Nets want Deron and his surgically repaired wrist to travel to Turkey to play btw? Logic dictates no. Tell me why they would.

BTW, other dipshits i already admitted i was wrong. What do you want? Should i do the typical ISH thing and argue i'm right even though i know i'm wrong? I can if it makes you feel better.

Like I said, like you know anything about what my team wants or doesn't want. You're a proven Nets-hater and in every single Nets thread you report about how each move will lead to our demise.

For a guy who has supposed contacts with the organization, you seem to only "report" the most antagonistic agendas. Then when people contest you, you only say you "know people" as a way to dismiss the fact that you have no factual base to any of your claims.

Either way, you're not the only one who knows people. I know people in the Nets and Knicks. Last thing I'll do is go boasting what they tell me on a message board forum to prop my silly, meaningless agendas.

niko
07-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Like I said, like you know anything about what my team wants or doesn't want. You're a proven Nets-hater and in every single Nets thread you report about how each move will lead to our demise.

For a guy who has supposed contacts with the organization, you seem to only "report" the most antagonistic agendas. Then when people contest you, you only say you "know people" as a way to dismiss the fact that you have no factual base to any of your claims.

Either way, you're not the only one who knows people. I know people in the Nets and Knicks. Last thing I'll do is go boasting what they tell me on a message board forum to prop my silly, meaningless agendas.

So, you think the Nets want him to go play overseas during the lockout a few months removed from surgery on his wrist? of course they don't. Which has a better chance of being good for the Nets? Him playing overseas, or not playing.

The nets DO NOT WANT HIM TO PLAY overseas. Go check your beat writer's reports today. He's calling everyone and the Nets are clamoring to find out what is going on. I guarantee he reports that later.

What other net hating things do i post? The fact i don't think Deron is 100% to resign? Do you?

No one ever wants to man up. That's why everyone gets so pissy. I'll say i don't think Deron has decided yet if he resigns (but i think he does). Net fans say YOU SUCK! HATER HATER! But, what you won't say is you think 100% he will resign. I'm a hater, you apparently - indecisive.

And no i don't know anyone in mgmt and i could 100% be getting lied to i guess, but the person i know says people are scrambling to try to call Deron. And i've always talked about all the comp net tickets i used to get (not Newark sadly...and definitely not Brooklyn). I'm sure you are an expert on me.

bluechox2
07-07-2011, 10:31 AM
it says that turkey is negotiating directly with williams, and hes up for it...dude will beast...and hes probably just signing on to keep in rhythm and have an all paid vacation down in eastern europe. untill the nba season comes back

niko
07-07-2011, 10:33 AM
BTW, i'm no hater - if you tell me Melo or Amare are going overseas i'm NOT going to be happy. You go overseas, you get injured possibly, and it ****s up the NBA season when it returns. No thank you. I don't see why any rational person would want their franchise player to go play for another team he never probably heard of before.

Note: i'm not saying it's bad for the player, or i blame the player, or i wouldn't do the same thing. im saying from a selfish id like my team to do better when the season comes back perspective, the downside is too great, and the upside is nothing.

niko
07-07-2011, 10:34 AM
it says that turkey is negotiating directly with williams, and hes up for it...dude will beast...and hes probably just signing on to keep in rhythm and have an all paid vacation down in eastern europe. untill the nba season comes back
$200k a week for your family to chill on a beach while you play basketball. :facepalm sigh...i get less than that for a full year to have to talk to stupid white people about numbers i don't care about in ****ing NJ.

god hates me

bluechox2
07-07-2011, 10:36 AM
$200k a week for your family to chill on a beach while you play basketball. :facepalm sigh...i get less than that for a full year to have to talk to stupid white people about numbers i don't care about in ****ing NJ.

god hates me
:lol

8BeastlyXOIAD
07-07-2011, 10:37 AM
200k a month?

That's waist money!!!

niko
07-07-2011, 10:38 AM
200k a month?

That's waist money!!!
Beasley could go play overthere for weed money. Does Amsterdam have a league?

bluechox2
07-07-2011, 10:39 AM
200k a month?

That's waist money!!!
just blow that shit knowing you got millions sitting in an account back home

bluechox2
07-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Beasley could go play overthere for weed money. Does Amsterdam have a league?
beasley would probably be high before and after games, and be smoking during timeouts and on the bench all while it is televised on espn, where half of the commentary would be on what kind of quality weed you can buy and where.

wang4three
07-07-2011, 10:42 AM
So, you think the Nets want him to go play overseas during the lockout a few months removed from surgery on his wrist? of course they don't. Which has a better chance of being good for the Nets? Him playing overseas, or not playing.

No I don't think they do. That's obvious. I don't believe they're in super panic mode nor that are there such dramas with his wife. That's you mouthing off shit.

What other net hating things do i post? The fact i don't think Deron is 100% to resign? Do you?

Do I really have to go into a list of how many anti-Nets posts you've made? It started when you said there was no shot of us moving to Brooklyn. How we'll never break ground. Or how Rod Thorn left because he was forced out by the Russians or whatever agenda-driven bullshit.

No one ever wants to man up. That's why everyone gets so pissy. I'll say i don't think Deron has decided yet if he resigns (but i think he does). Net fans say YOU SUCK! HATER HATER! But, what you won't say is you think 100% he will resign. I'm a hater, you apparently - indecisive.

I moderate the Nets forum and am there rather regularly..Unless there are some fans that do not post there, none of us writes in intermittent caps style like you're saying. If anything, you have come into many Nets threads to provoke us and try to stir a reaction. If that did occur, then I only can infer from your history that you were there to incite a reaction and then took it out-of-context as us being irrational.

And no i don't know anyone in mgmt and i could 100% be getting lied to i guess, but the person i know says people are scrambling to try to call Deron. And i've always talked about all the comp net tickets i used to get (not Newark sadly...and definitely not Brooklyn). I'm sure you are an expert on me.

Getting comped tickets is not a sign of knowing someone important in the organization. I have friends at MSG that got me courtside a few times and I knew about the Melo trade before they did.

Let me say one more thing. I don't dislike you. I just don't believe you when it comes to Nets-related unconfirmed reports.

Sarcastic
07-07-2011, 10:42 AM
I love how you say everything with such certainty.. like you know anything about what Deron and his wife want to do.:oldlol: You're just bullshitting, and for some reason insecure about the Nets next year if the lockout doesnt cancel the season.

I cannot WAIT to see the Knicks play next year.. watching Melo AKA Jamal Crawford 2.0 and Amare fall flat on their faces again will be hilarious.:rockon:

Imagine if there is no season and Deron walks as a FA and you ended up giving away all those players/picks for nothing. You might break the record this time for least wins ever.
:rockon:

bluechox2
07-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Imagine if there is no season and Deron walks as a FA and you ended up giving away all those players/picks for nothing. You might break the record this time for least wins ever.
:roll: he comes back next year to the knicks

niko
07-07-2011, 10:57 AM
No I don't think they do. That's obvious. I don't believe they're in super panic mode nor that are there such dramas with his wife. That's you mouthing off shit.

Do I really have to go into a list of how many anti-Nets posts you've made? It started when you said there was no shot of us moving to Brooklyn. How we'll never break ground. Or how Rod Thorn left because he was forced out by the Russians or whatever agenda-driven bullshit.

I moderate the Nets forum and am there rather regularly..Unless there are some fans that do not post there, none of us writes in intermittent caps style like you're saying. If anything, you have come into many Nets threads to provoke us and try to stir a reaction. If that did occur, then I only can infer from your history that you were there to incite a reaction and then took it out-of-context as us being irrational.

Getting comped tickets is not a sign of knowing someone important in the organization. I have friends at MSG that got me courtside a few times and I knew about the Melo trade before they did.

Let me say one more thing. I don't dislike you. I just don't believe you when it comes to Nets-related unconfirmed reports.

The wife things is not from me. It's from Steven A who said that she is iffy on basically everywhere, nto just Brooklyn. It's part of the reason DWill cannot confirm. He said she doesn't like to move around. It's what made me think, Turkey? Really? Which i admitted i was wrong.

And when we discuss DWill, ANY implication at all that he might not resign with the nets gets me called names. And i've never once said "i don't think he stays there". I said he's still considering which is why he's changing agents (the thread is around) and immediately got called a hater and that i wished he would leave. Such is life...

niko
07-07-2011, 10:58 AM
anyway im not interesting, so can someone answer me a question? Why this team? And i totally do not mean this is a a negative way, i mean why Turkey? Why this team? ARe other teams also calling?

insidehoops
07-07-2011, 11:09 AM
A brief update has come out: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7958

D12"Magic"
07-07-2011, 11:20 AM
He'll still be free to rejoin the Nets once the Lock-out ends.

Nash
07-07-2011, 11:22 AM
I hope this season will be like the NHL lockout where all the players went to play in Europe. I would love to see more and more GOOD players go over there. Paul Pierce and Kobe always said they want to play overseas. Kobe wants to go back to where he grew up in Italy while Pierce said himself he wants to experience a new adventure in Europe. Would be awesome to see those guys play in the Euro League in front of those rowdy ultra fans giving them the support they've never experienced before. I think they'd enjoy it a lot actually. This whole "defense clap clap clap" and "Lets go X" is embarrassing. Only thing I hate about the NBA is the crowds.

bluechox2
07-07-2011, 11:24 AM
I hope this season will be like the NHL lockout where all the players went to play in Europe. I would love to see more and more GOOD players go over there. Paul Pierce and Kobe always said they want to play overseas. Kobe wants to go back to were he grew up in Italy while Pierce said himself he wants to experience a new adventure in Europe. Would be awesome to see those guys play in the Euro League in front of those rowdy ultra fans giving them the support they've never experienced before. I think they'd enjoy it a lot actually.
fight breaks out, the crowd joins in:lol

Nash
07-07-2011, 11:26 AM
fight breaks out, the crowd joins in:lol
Like in Detroit a few years ago? :D

bluechox2
07-07-2011, 11:29 AM
world peace then cahnges his name to world war

yobore
07-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Great idea esp. for DWill who usually starts the seasons a little slow. Might get a little chunky if he wasn't playing somewhere

niko
07-07-2011, 11:44 AM
He'll still be free to rejoin the Nets once the Lock-out ends.
of course, he's a net. He'd rejoin right away.

Hey, i saw (in Korean papers, an idol was wearing it) Red, White and Blue NY Jerseys, basically they look like old Net Jerseys but say NY down the side. They are not Net jerseys, but they look like something that would make a cool net jersey. ill try to find a pic. (yes a bit off topic)

Knicks101
07-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Over/Under 400 Euroleague MVP's for Deron?

niko
07-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Over/Under 400 Euroleague MVP's for Deron? They are not in the Euroleague

(Insane ranting removed)

MeLO MvP 15
07-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Damn. I heard he isn't gonna make that much money. What happend to all that insurance talk with other players? DWill has an $18 million contract in the NBA... how's a Turkish team gna insure him?

Btw, I'd hate this if I was a Nets fan... last thing I want is my superstar playing overseas and risking injury for another team. Especially with his wrist problems.

MeLO MvP 15
07-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Is AI still playing for them? I know he's had injury problems there and some other issues... but he's still on the roster right?

In a lockout I'd watch a team with AI, DWill and Zaza. That would be fun.

tpols
07-07-2011, 12:28 PM
And maybe if you're team wasn't filled with low IQ, selfish, no defense playing volume scorers, you'd win a playoff series for the first time in 11+ years. It's been a long drought.. possibly the longest active streak?:oldlol:

YAH trick YAH
07-07-2011, 01:03 PM
A player could get hurt just as easily playing in summer pick up games. At least now if he gets hurt he is still getting paid. He's basically training for 200k a week instead of train for free.

Euroleague
07-07-2011, 01:09 PM
He is going to play in the junior circuit of Europe, the Eurocup.

Typical NBA star.

Euroleague
07-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Over/Under 400 Euroleague MVP's for Deron?

He is not playing in Euroleague. He's playing in the second tier levels.

tpols
07-07-2011, 01:18 PM
He is not playing in Euroleague. He's playing in the second tier levels.
Deron Williams would easily be the best player in Europe if he played there.:oldlol:

Euroleague
07-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Deron Williams would easily be the best player in Europe if he played there.:oldlol:

Right...........

Let's see him win an MVP or title playing in the SECOND LEVEL of Europe. Then MAYBE he would be in the top 150 players in Europe.

YAH trick YAH
07-07-2011, 01:20 PM
He is going to play in the junior circuit of Europe, the Eurocup.

Typical NBA star.

Can we be honest though. Was a Euroleague team going to give him the out in his contract to leave once the NBA season starts again? Probably not because they have more at stake than a lower level team would.

Samurai Swoosh
07-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Dude would be putting up NBA live type numbers in Euroleague.

:oldlol:

D12"Magic"
07-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Now what if he gets injured?

tpols
07-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Dude would be putting up NBA live type numbers in Euroleague.

It would be hilarious watching a motivated Deron play in the E-league. If Anthony Parker could win an MVP there, Deron would put the league out of commission.:oldlol:

Droid101
07-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Right...........

Let's see him win an MVP or title playing in the SECOND LEVEL of Europe. Then MAYBE he would be in the top 150 players in Europe.
Deron Williams would be by far the best player in any non-NBA league at the current time, and it's not close.

Euroleague
07-07-2011, 01:32 PM
It would be hilarious watching a motivated Deron play in the E-league. If Anthony Parker could win an MVP there, Deron would put the league out of commission.:oldlol:

He won't be playing in Euroleague.

BlackJoker23
07-07-2011, 01:34 PM
ya thats a trash league filled with clowns who would be towel waiving scrubs in the nba. derons too talented and dominant to ever play in that trash.

Euroleague
07-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Can we be honest though. Was a Euroleague team going to give him the out in his contract to leave once the NBA season starts again? Probably not because they have more at stake than a lower level team would.

Probably not. I don't see any serious Euroleague team agreeing to that. Besiktas is more of a gimmick team. This signing is a publicity stunt, just like when they signed Iverson.

You would think though that Williams would have at least tried to get a deal in Euroleague.

Euroleague
07-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Deron Williams would be by far the best player in any non-NBA league at the current time, and it's not close.

No he would not. Best in the Eurocup or Turkish League? Sure. Best in the Euroleague? No.

tpols
I wish we could see a top ten NBA player bail on the NBA out of nowhere in his prime and dedicate himself fully to a professional, top tier Euroleague squad.. just to shut you up. It would never happen though because players dont downgrade their competition unless they have to. Which is the reason you see good players from the E-league coming here and none of our top guys going there.

Samurai Swoosh
I'm predicting 35 ppg, 15 apg, 7 rpg, 4 spg ...

Euroleague
ya thats a trash league filled with clowns who would be towel waiving scrubs in the nba. derons too talented and dominant to ever play in that trash.

But he is good enough to play in the level below the Euroleague...........

Euroleague
07-07-2011, 01:37 PM

Wow, you really don't know anything about basketball. You are going to be destroyed in this forum if you don't delete that post.

YAH trick YAH
07-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Probably not. I don't see any serious Euroleague team agreeing to that. Besiktas is more of a gimmick team. This signing is a publicity stunt, just like when they signed Iverson.

You would think though that Williams would have at least tried to get a deal in Euroleague.

Well maybe he did, we don't know. If they weren't going to give him that out, then there was no way he would go there. I've read you can't be under 2 contracts at once, so his new contract works because it ends as soon as the NBA lockout ends.

thejumpa
07-07-2011, 02:34 PM

You don't really believe that DWill will hit 35/15/7/4, right? Those really are video game numbers. Especially for a 6'3 guard who is going into a situation where his role might not even be the same. Either way, I thought they stress ball movement and team play over there? No way he puts up numbers like that.

niko
07-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Now what if he gets injured?
That's what i say. apparently that's not important. if i was a net fan, that would be the first, second and third though in my mind.

note: Euroleague posting crap and mods not caring....

YAH trick YAH
07-07-2011, 03:02 PM
That's what i say. apparently that's not important. if i was a net fan, that would be the first, second and third though in my mind.

He could get injured playing pick up games too

AirTupac
07-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Average 50 / 30 / 20 on 65% FG and 56% 3pt and 100% FT

DRoseOwnsACamry
07-07-2011, 03:05 PM
No he would not. Best in the Eurocup or Turkish League? Sure. Best in the Euroleague? No.
Yes, he would be. :facepalm
Who the hell would be better than him? I want to know, you dumb redneck.

tpols
07-07-2011, 03:06 PM

Thats such a dumb thing to think about though. It's not like basketball is a sport that breaks its players down after some extra games.. like baseball[pitchers] or football. Deron hardly even played basketball with the Nets during his few months with us. He was on and off the court and wasn't even playing motivated basketball because the team had no shot at the playoffs.. If he wants to get a little bit of that competitive edge back and get his game together, I have no problem with that. He could break his leg in practice in the first week of training camp.. to worry about that type of shit especially in the midst of a lockout where players aren't going to even have a long season ahead of them is stupid.

brownmamba00
07-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Now if they can get Scal to sign= 8-peat in the Euroleague

niko
07-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Thats such a dumb thing to think about though. It's not like basketball is a sport that breaks its players down after some extra games.. like baseball[pitchers] or football. Deron hardly even played basketball with the Nets during his few months with us. He was on and off the court and wasn't even playing motivated basketball because the team had no shot at the playoffs.. If he wants to get a little bit of that competitive edge back and get his game together, I have no problem with that. He could break his leg in practice in the first week of training camp.. to worry about that type of shit especially in the midst of a lockout where players aren't going to even have a long season ahead of them is stupid.
he just came off surgery for a damaged wrist, the same wrist that has given him trouble in the past. it seems to be a repetitive stress type injury. if you told me my rookies, do i want them playing? YES. my stars, who are older, coming off injuries? **** NO.

you are looking at things from a player/fans perspective. i want deron to play, it will be real fun to watch. if im a net fan though, im thinking he plays, three months there his wrist is starting to feel ****ed up, and then the nba season starts.

tpols
07-07-2011, 03:29 PM
you are looking at things from a player/fans perspective. i want deron to play, it will be real fun to watch. if im a net fan though, im thinking he plays, three months there his wrist is starting to feel ****ed up, and then the nba season starts.
That the thing though.. the NBA season may not start for 6 or so months.:oldlol: He's got PLENTY of time to play and rest.

niko
07-07-2011, 03:33 PM
That the thing though.. the NBA season may not start for 6 or so months.:oldlol: He's got PLENTY of time to play and rest.

If im a net fan im not giving a shit that Deron gets to earn another $200k a month when we already pay him (or are going to $13M a year. If he gets hurt, they are ****ed. Considering he sat out games for injury to make sure he was healthy for next year there is no way id want him playing games for another team. :confusedshrug: I hear what you are saying, and im 100% sure you are not a Net fan.

tpols
07-07-2011, 03:38 PM
If im a net fan im not giving a shit that Deron gets to earn another $200k a month when we already pay him (or are going to $13M a year. If he gets hurt, they are ****ed. Considering he sat out games for injury to make sure he was healthy for next year there is no way id want him playing games for another team. :confusedshrug: I hear what you are saying, and im 100% sure you are not a Net fan.
It's not about the money.. Right now Deron is showing an interest in basketball. That is all I care about. I want to see my star player excited to play because he actually has every reason to not be excited seeing as how we don't really have a great squad around him.

And after all the fighting I've done with you Knick fans since last summer with the lebron drama, to this year with the melo drama, and a million different times in between I really dont care if you dont think I'm a net fan. I've probably been to more nets games in the past couple years than you've been to knicks games in your whole life. :oldlol:

bluechox2
07-07-2011, 03:41 PM
[lol @ espn saying derons not going to like it there and will be back in 1 week. they are saying he will be like iverson who didnt like the food , his family hated the place, no one spoke english. iverson and deron are completely different, for one iverson's ghetto and dresses like he got out of prision.

NuggetsFan
07-07-2011, 03:50 PM

I'd deff rather Deron playing basketball and not sitting around partying and getting out of shape during the lockout If I was a Nets fan. Most players are still going to be doing big time workouts, running games with friends etc. People are still going to be playing basketball. Makes sense to go play structured basketball and make 200k while doing so.

Sure Deron could get injured or hurt his wrist. He could also get in shape and not skip a beat so when the season comes back on(let's say a shortened season) he'll have NO rust. Wait and see, tons of these guy's will come out rusty as f*ck. In a shortened season? I'd say it's a pretty big advantage having your superstar walking off one basketball court and on to another.

Plus even tho Euro teams get ripped on still never know what you'll learn over there.

trig
07-07-2011, 03:54 PM
now where will agent 0 bring his talents...

agentzeroshow Gilbert A. aka Jefe
rumor is DWill has a contract to play overseas if the lockout continues pass oct 1st...he aint the only one u know ya boy Agent has one also

D12"Magic"
07-07-2011, 03:55 PM
I'd deff rather Deron playing basketball and not sitting around partying and getting out of shape during the lockout If I was a Nets fan. Most players are still going to be doing big time workouts, running games with friends etc. People are still going to be playing basketball. Makes sense to go play structured basketball and make 200k while doing so.

Sure Deron could get injured or hurt his wrist. He could also get in shape and not skip a beat so when the season comes back on(let's say a shortened season) he'll have NO rust. Wait and see, tons of these guy's will come out rusty as f*ck. In a shortened season? I'd say it's a pretty big advantage having your superstar walking off one basketball court and on to another.

Plus even tho Euro teams get ripped on still never know what you'll learn over there.I Agree with Niko. Deron can still train here http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/6/29/2251494/california-dreamin-could-help-nets,
Plus he just came off of Wrist Surgery which he sat out the end of the season, to make sure hes ready for the next season.

YAH trick YAH
07-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Kobe to same team? Supposedly Besikta coach gonna talk to him according to report on Scott Van Pelt radio show.

NuggetsFan
07-07-2011, 04:01 PM
I Agree with Niko. Deron can still train here http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/6/29/2251494/california-dreamin-could-help-nets,
Plus he just came off of Wrist Surgery which he sat out the end of the season, to make sure hes ready for the next season.

Guy's are human. They'll be partying, relaxing and that's far worse than playing over in Europe. Expecting Deron to go work out in NJ hardcore(witch may I still add could end up with him hurt too, if he's THAT fragile he can't play in Europe) for free during a lockout? Unrealistic. Him playing in Europe getting in shape, ready for the season for 200k a month? Not that far fetched.

Rather risk an injury than have him come in out of shape and off his game with a shortened season. Next season is huge for NJ. They have a shitty year and Deron probably walks. Having Deron come in ready to go from day 1, fresh off the courts? Could end up giving NJ that extra push in the W|L collom that ends up helping Deron stay. Esp when you factor in if there is a season it'll probably be alot shorter and the reg season games(from day 1 when there will be tons of rust) will have a huge impact on where you finish.

niko
07-07-2011, 04:03 PM
I Agree with Niko. Deron can still train here http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/6/29/2251494/california-dreamin-could-help-nets,
The last two seasons he's been beaten up near the end of the year something awful, both times on the wrist. I'm glad he enjoys playing, but everyone's excitement over all of this is going to be much less when one of their favorite players isn't able to play when the lockout is over due to an injury he got in a meaningless game overseas (meaningless for the NBA fan that is). He sat out Net games to rest up specifically for the next season. And instead, he's going to play in Turkey, for a fraction of what the Nets pay him.

You can tell these NBA players don't have shit for money sense, because to me this is a vacation. So what, you miss a few months. You see the world, play with your kids, do all the shit you can't do for 6 months. Nope they need the cash.

D12"Magic"
07-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Guy's are human. They'll be partying, relaxing and that's far worse than playing over in Europe. Expecting Deron to go work out in NJ hardcore(witch may I still add could end up with him hurt too, if he's THAT fragile he can't play in Europe) for free during a lockout? Unrealistic. Him playing in Europe getting in shape, ready for the season for 200k a month? Not that far fetched.

Rather risk an injury than have him come in out of shape and off his game with a shortened season. Next season is huge for NJ. They have a shitty year and Deron probably walks. Having Deron come in ready to go from day 1, fresh off the courts? Could end up giving NJ that extra push in the W|L collom that ends up helping Deron stay. Esp when you factor in if there is a season it'll probably be alot shorter and the reg season games(from day 1 when there will be tons of rust) will have a huge impact on where you finish.
That's fair but then if he gets injured and were back in the Losing Column ?, Does he not have enough cash? He could spend time with his family but nope.

niko
07-07-2011, 04:04 PM

or he could jam the wrist, come in out of shape, NJ sucks and he leaves because they never accomplished anything.

Let me ask you - if Nene plays overseas and gets hurt, do you still offer him same contract?

I'd like Amare and Melo to work out together, take a long extended vacation. Yes, you can get hurt crossing the street but clearly it's much much much less of a chance. There is a reason players are fresh at the beginning of the season and not the end.

I'm not saying it's bad, i'm sying from a total selfish fan of a team perspective, my big stars, i want them only to play meaningful games for my team. And as much as you argue, you'll wish you could take it back in a second if it's your team and your star and they get hurt.

rodman91
07-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Is AI still playing for them? I know he's had injury problems there and some other issues... but he's still on the roster right?

In a lockout I'd watch a team with AI, DWill and Zaza. That would be fun.

Iverson won't play for Besiktas anymore. He got injured and decided to get threatment in USA. Doesn't want to come back and wants to be in USA.

Zaza came to NBA from Turkey.He has turkish citizenship.It's not a big surprise.

I doubt DWill sign up with Besiktas. But you never know, Besiktas's chairman loves to add big names.They added Iverson & wanted Shaq last year.

NuggetsFan
07-07-2011, 04:19 PM
or he could jam the wrist, come in out of shape, NJ sucks and he leaves because they never accomplished anything.

Let me ask you - if Nene plays overseas and gets hurt, do you still offer him same contract?

I'd like Amare and Melo to work out together, take a long extended vacation. Yes, you can get hurt crossing the street but clearly it's much much much less of a chance. There is a reason players are fresh at the beginning of the season and not the end.

I'm not saying it's bad, i'm sying from a total selfish fan of a team perspective, my big stars, i want them only to play meaningful games for my team. And as much as you argue, you'll wish you could take it back in a second if it's your team and your star and they get hurt.

Ya I see your guy's side. I just wouldn't be that worried about it. If it was Melo last year on the Nuggets? I'd want his ass out there instead of risking the chance of him getting out of shape as hell. We all say .. go spend time with your family. Reality? There on Vacation like you said. There probably not at disney land for the majority of the time but out at bars, clubs, events, socializing. Lockout ends and these guy's come back not in game mode. I just think I'd risk an injury that could happen in a workout too for my player to be in gamemode rather than out of shape and rusty. If I was in the Net's situation anyways, same with the Magic. Plus it's not like it's the offseason. Deron would have been playing for the Net's anyways. Like people forget when this Euro shit stars the offseason is actually over and the NBA season SHOULD be starting. Deron has the same chance of injuring his wrist over there as he does when he comes back for the first 10-15 games in the NBA.

Danilo is chilling on the beach in Italy last time I checked(was awhile ago). I'd rather him rocking some ball and working on his game even if it was in Europe. And he's far more injury prone than Deron.

Only time it becomes an issue is if the contract is locked in witch this isn't. Just my two sense tho, I can fully understand fans not wanting guy's to rock oversea's ball and I'm sure your right about the nets organization as well. Look at I think SA? Pops and co use to be pissed when Parker and Gino rocked any kind of Euro ball.

MeLO MvP 15
07-07-2011, 04:21 PM
now where will agent 0 bring his talents...
Nah he was joking I think. His next tweet was about signing with a YMCA team lol.

Besides, Arenas really should be one of the last ppl going to Europe. He's got tons of money and a lot injury problems.

tpols
07-07-2011, 04:22 PM

You're acting like it's a definite that he gets hurt. It's not. you're purely looking at only the negative side of this ordeal.. while us reasonable people look at both sides.

Faberg
07-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Take that, Nets fans. He committed to a team overseas before committing to your franchise. :oldlol:

WeGetRing2012
07-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Kobe to same team? Supposedly Besikta coach gonna talk to him according to report on Scott Van Pelt radio show.

If they play together in Europe they will play together in the US...

MeLO MvP 15
07-07-2011, 04:37 PM
I really hope we see Kobe and some other big names (hopefully no Knicks, don't want injuries) go to Turkey just so we get some exciting basketball. I know I'd watch a team with Deron and Kobe.

niko
07-07-2011, 04:54 PM
I really hope we see Kobe and some other big names (hopefully no Knicks, don't want injuries) go to Turkey just so we get some exciting basketball. I know I'd watch a team with Deron and Kobe.
See, it's not just me.

bluechox2
07-07-2011, 05:04 PM
best off going to euroleague and winning a title and mvp there

kentatm
07-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Besiktas failed to meet payroll last year causing the team to walk out on them.

I seriously doubt Deron actually goes over there.

bagelred
07-07-2011, 05:36 PM
In Turkey, they are already calling Deron Williams "The Hedo Turkoglu of America".

JordanL
07-07-2011, 05:45 PM
In Turkey, they are already calling Deron Williams "The Hedo Turkoglu of America".

:roll:

And that is why Americans tend to not take Euroball seriously.

D12"Magic"
07-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Take that, Nets fans. He committed to a team overseas before committing to your franchise. :oldlol:
:lol

Rekindled
07-07-2011, 05:53 PM
i hope melo plays with him there, dude needs to get in shape

Kellogs4toniee
07-07-2011, 06:07 PM
I love this move for D-Will. Sends a message to the owners that your star players are willing to put themselves in a situation to show-case themselves outside of the NBA and potentially get hurt simply because of the contract disputes between the owners and players. Every single game Deron plays in Europe, every single point, game-winner, monetary profit that Turkey receives should push the owners to get this lock-out fixed as much as possible. These are the best players in the world, and they deserve to play in the NBA, not in Europe.

For D-Will, aside from potential injury which is given everytime you step on the court, there really is no pressure on his side. Once the lock-out ends, his Turkey contract ensures he can immediately head back to New Jersey. If the lock-out continues, he is guaranteed to make 5 mil in just one year of play overseas. Smart ass move and I hope more NBA players do this as the weeks progress to continue putting pressure to END THIS LOCKOUT.

Sampsonsimpson
07-07-2011, 06:13 PM

Who would be? Two time Euroleague MVP Anthony Parker? lol

InfiniteBaskets
07-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Deron, Wade, LeBron, Dirk and Dwight should temporarily sign on some Euroleague team for scraps while they lockout settles itself. It'll be like the 2004 Olympics all over again.

WeGetRing2012
07-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Why are people worried about injuries??? He playing basketball during a time when he would be playing basketball anyway. He is just playing a season worth of basketball like he's been during his whole career. Not like its extra basketball like it is with FIBA and the Olympics...

DuMa
07-07-2011, 06:57 PM
I love this move for D-Will. Sends a message to the owners that your star players are willing to put themselves in a situation to show-case themselves outside of the NBA and potentially get hurt simply because of the contract disputes between the owners and players. Every single game Deron plays in Europe, every single point, game-winner, monetary profit that Turkey receives should push the owners to get this lock-out fixed as much as possible. These are the best players in the world, and they deserve to play in the NBA, not in Europe.

For D-Will, aside from potential injury which is given everytime you step on the court, there really is no pressure on his side. Once the lock-out ends, his Turkey contract ensures he can immediately head back to New Jersey. If the lock-out continues, he is guaranteed to make 5 mil in just one year of play overseas. Smart ass move and I hope more NBA players do this as the weeks progress to continue putting pressure to END THIS LOCKOUT.

absolutely agreed. Deron made a smart decision for himself and for other players to follow suit. Who cares if some euro club signed some scrub player or an european playing in the NBA. But when you actually sign an all-star like Deron, other players will start to follow suit, if the offers are there. Im hoping more and more players threaten to do so.

niko
07-07-2011, 07:08 PM
absolutely agreed. Deron made a smart decision for himself and for other players to follow suit. Who cares if some euro club signed some scrub player or an european playing in the NBA. But when you actually sign an all-star like Deron, other players will start to follow suit, if the offers are there. Im hoping more and more players threaten to do so.
unless he gets hurt and his $34M on his contract gets voided. Other than that i agree with you.

Soothing Layup
07-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Good for him.. I doubt he wants to spend his prime sitting on his couch all day. I'll probably even try to watch some of his games if this happens.

trig
07-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Nah he was joking I think. His next tweet was about signing with a YMCA team lol.

Besides, Arenas really should be one of the last ppl going to Europe. He's got tons of money and a lot injury problems.

yeah, his next tweet was

agentzeroshow Gilbert A. aka Jefe
if i did play sum where it would be the Philippines they love basketball u will feel like a rockstar and they hav my fav dessert HALO HALO

Halo-halo is awesome. If you're in LA, try chowking halo-halo :rockon:

LJJ
07-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Smart move by D-Will if this is true. There won't be many teams in Europe offering $5 million contracts with a lockout-clause in it, good on him for getting this out of the way early. If a lot of NBA players are planning to do this, many of them will probably have to settle for less.

The risks involved are overstated imo.

bletchley
07-07-2011, 08:11 PM
2 of the best teams of the euroleague are efes pilsen and fenerbahce and they are turkish teams
and deron could be the mvp of euroleague, it is not that diffcult at all

kNIOKAS
07-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Who would be? Two time Euroleague MVP Anthony Parker? lol
you're such a dum. there is different game in europe than in nba. different rules dictate different requirements. how can't you grasp that. ignorant dork.

Kevin_Gamble
07-07-2011, 09:26 PM
unless he gets hurt and his $34M on his contract gets voided. Other than that i agree with you.
Lol no, Nets are not voiding his contract unless DWill has a career ending injury.

He is basically recouping some of the money he is losing because of the lockout by taking that extremely small chance of a career ending injury, which does not all of a sudden increase because he is playing in Turkey. by any measure it's a smart business decision.

WeGetRing2012
07-07-2011, 09:39 PM

DWill can get a broken ankle and some team in NBA is still gonna pay him big dollars and yes even the Nets. Injures are apart of the game and an injured star will still get a huge contract.

Sarcastic
07-07-2011, 09:53 PM
And maybe if you're team wasn't filled with low IQ, selfish, no defense playing volume scorers, you'd win a playoff series for the first time in 11+ years. It's been a long drought.. possibly the longest active streak?:oldlol:

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/4/2/423d8_ORIG-u_mad.jpg

Euroleague
07-07-2011, 11:10 PM
best off going to euroleague and winning a title and mvp there

Besiktas is not a Euroleague team.

Euroleague
07-07-2011, 11:12 PM
2 of the best teams of the euroleague are efes pilsen and fenerbahce and they are turkish teams

Chances of Williams being Euroleague MVP IF he played there his first season (which he won't) are about 2-5 percent at most.

Of course that is why he chose to play in Europe's version of the D League instead.

Also, Efes and Fener are NOT two of the best teams in Euroleague. They are no more than average.

Sampsonsimpson
07-08-2011, 06:09 PM
you're such a dum. there is different game in europe than in nba. different rules dictate different requirements. how can't you grasp that. ignorant dork.

Sure it is a different game, no arguing that but I also think there is no arguing that Deron Williams is a much more talented player than Anthony Parker and I see no reason why he wouldnt dominate in the Euroleague. Im sure it would take a little adjusting but come on, to think that Deron Williams wouldn't be the best player in the Euroleague is just ignorant.

niko
07-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Chances of Williams being Euroleague MVP IF he played there his first season (which he won't) are about 95% percent at worst.

He chose Turkey as to not embarass the Euroleague with his dominance.

Damn, strong words from Euroleague. Don't mince words there.

HylianNightmare
07-10-2011, 10:43 PM
:lol can't wait

Euroleague
07-11-2011, 01:56 AM
Sure it is a different game, no arguing that but I also think there is no arguing that Deron Williams is a much more talented player than Anthony Parker and I see no reason why he wouldnt dominate in the Euroleague. Im sure it would take a little adjusting but come on, to think that Deron Williams wouldn't be the best player in the Euroleague is just ignorant.

First of all, Deron Williams cannot dominate the Euroleague because he will not play in the Euroleague.

Secondly, unlike the NBA, the Euroleague has a true zone defense and not the half pseudo zone that the NBA allows. The Euroleague refs allow way more physical contact and call way less fouls.

There is no defensive 3 second violation in the Euroleague. There is not a no hand checking rule in the Euroleague. You can hand check all you want on guards.

The defenders are allowed to hip check and shoulder block into the offensive point guard when he has the ball on the perimeter.

There will be 1 or 2 6-10 to 7 feet or taller guys camped in the lane under the basket virtually the entire game...........

On offense you are NOT allowed to palm the ball. You are NOT allowed to make an offensive move until your dribble hits the court. You are NOT allowed to take more than 2.5 steps, if you catch the ball in movement, and NOT more than 2 steps if you start with the ball in your hands.

You are NOT allowed to move your pivot foot until your dribble hits the court, and only then can you make a move, and then you can only make 2 steps without a dribble.

Also, generally speaking, the players are much more physical in the Euroleague than they are in the NBA. And in the case of the point guard position, the point guards in the Euroleague are much bigger than NBA point guards are.

Deron Williams is a big point guard in the NBA. In the Euroleague he would be average, to maybe even below average in size. In the Euroleague defense is much more important and played with much more effort.

Euroleague games are played with much more intensity than NBA regular season games are. In the Euroleague the games start right away at the beginning of the season with physicality, hard defense, and intensity. In the NBA that starts basically at the playoffs.

Of course, Deron Williams will not be playing in Euroleague. He will be playing in the Eurocup, if his team manages to qualify and in the TBL. But the point is that the Euroleague is not the NBA.

The Euroleague (where Williams won't actually be playing) is the exact opposite of the NBA. The Euroleague is a hard, physical, intense, defense oriented league, with rules and reffing that make it a much harder brand of basketball to play.

It is not like the NBA, which is basically sports entertainment.

The myths that Americans have about the Euroleague are quite comical.

Laimbeer_Rodman
07-11-2011, 05:27 AM
Where did you get this stuff?

pgm
07-11-2011, 06:13 AM
then can you make a move, and then you can only make 2 dribbles.

This doesn't sound right.

GilZero
07-11-2011, 07:31 AM
First of all, Deron Williams cannot dominate the Euroleague because he will not play in the Euroleague.

Secondly, unlike the NBA, the Euroleague has a true zone defense and not the half pseudo zone that the NBA allows. The Euroleague refs allow way more physical contact and call way less fouls.

There is no defensive 3 second violation in the Euroleague. There is not a no hand checking rule in the Euroleague. You can hand check all you want on guards.

The defenders are allowed to hip check and shoulder block into the offensive point guard when he has the ball on the perimeter.

There will be 1 or 2 6-10 to 7 feet or taller guys camped in the lane under the basket virtually the entire game...........

On offense you are NOT allowed to palm the ball. You are NOT allowed to make an offensive move until your dribble hits the court. You are NOT allowed to take more than 2.5 steps, if you catch the ball in movement, and NOT more than 2 steps if you start with the ball in your hands.

You are NOT allowed to move your pivot foot until your dribble hits the court, and only then can you make a move, and then you can only make 2 dribbles.

Also, generally speaking, the players are much more physical in the Euroleague than they are in the NBA. And in the case of the point guard position, the point guards in the Euroleague are much bigger than NBA point guards are.

Deron Williams is a big point guard in the NBA. In the Euroleague he would be average, to maybe even below average in size. In the Euroleague defense is much more important and played with much more effort.

Euroleague games are played with much more intensity than NBA regular season games are. In the Euroleague the games start right away at the beginning of the season with physicality, hard defense, and intensity. In the NBA that starts basically at the playoffs.

Of course, Deron Williams will not be playing in Euroleague. He will be playing in the Eurocup, if his team manages to qualify and in the TBL. But the point is that the Euroleague is not the NBA.

The Euroleague (where Williams won't actually be playing) is the exact opposite of the NBA. The Euroleague is a hard, physical, intense, defense oriented league, with rules and reffing that make it a much harder brand of basketball to play.

It is not like the NBA, which is basically sports entertainment.

The myths that Americans have about the Euroleague are quite comical.

This is actually a great, great post. Well most of it atleast.

You guys in here keep mocking the Euroleague poster above and the league itself while your own knowledge about European basketball is laughable to say the least. You don't know the rules, how the league is built, the players, the defense. And yet you throw around the "Anthony Parker 2x MVP" joke like you know shit :wtf:

The lockout has had a purpose for me atleast, exposing the ignorance and arrogance of NBA fans and what they know about the outside world of basketball. My god. :facepalm

kNIOKAS
07-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Ok, lets wait and see. I'm saying it's 40% chance he'll have TOP 5 stats in the league (which is not euroleague but different). So I'm like betting with knowing I'm slightly favoured. And are you saying he'll be TOP 5 or TOP 3 or MVP like?

Jon_Koncak
07-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Deron played against a top 8 euroleague team last year and dominated as expected.16 points on 5/8 fgs ,5 assists in 24 minutes against Real Madrid.I watched the game and it was more dominant performace than what the boxscore showed.He was drivin and dishing at will,noone could stay in front of him.

Seriously it's an insult to common sense to suggest that arguably the best point guard in the world,the player with the most 20-20 performances in last years, can not win the euroleague mvp award if given the proper time to adjust (1-2 months) and a relatively strong roster around him.

Hittin_Shots
07-11-2011, 08:51 AM
This doesn't sound right.

Yea does he mean two steps? but that still doesn't make much sense... I don't believe they limit the amount of dribbles...

chips93
07-11-2011, 09:16 AM
so basically, as long as deron is careful with his feet, so he doesnt travel, and is a little more careful with palming, he'll be the best player in europe.

how come none none of these things slowed him down in the olympics?

Jon_Koncak
07-11-2011, 09:24 AM
You should take everything Euroleague writes with a grin of salt.Fiba refs are no stricter in enforcing palming than Nba ones.They call it rarely,and it's not because euroleague guards don't palm.Drew Nicholas a guard of euroleague champions Panathinaikos palms the ball in every dribble he makes and never gets called for that.They're stricter when it comes to travelling,that's true but thats' not out of pure love for the rules.If that was the case they wouldn't allow the hundrends of illegal screens than go unpunished in every euroleague game.You think Garnett is bad?Watch Mike Batiste or Felipe Reyes,the best ass-screeners in the world.

chips93
07-11-2011, 09:28 AM
You should take everything Euroleague writes with a grin of salt.Fiba refs are no stricter in enforcing palming than Nba ones.They call it rarely,and it's not because euroleague guards don't palm.Drew Nicholas a guard of euroleague champions Panathinaikos palms the ball in every dribble he makes and never gets called for that.They're stricter when it comes to travelling,that's true but thats' not out of pure love for the rules.If that was the case they wouldn't allow the hundrends of illegal screens than go unpunished in every euroleague game.You think Garnett is bad?Watch Mike Batiste or Felipe Reyes,the best ass-screeners in the world.

i dont really watch any euroleague, but are their rules any different from the rules at the 08 olympics?

LJJ
07-11-2011, 09:35 AM
i dont really watch any euroleague, but are their rules any different from the rules at the 08 olympics?

The answer is no, but oh boy. You are opening a can of worms. :oldlol:

Lakas is going to post a massive rant now on how the referees at the Olympics were systematically ignoring team USA traveling violations and calling the entire game in favor of the US.

Jon_Koncak
07-11-2011, 09:35 AM
no it's the same rules.

ZenMaster
07-11-2011, 09:59 AM
This is actually a great, great post. Well most of it atleast.

You guys in here keep mocking the Euroleague poster above and the league itself while your own knowledge about European basketball is laughable to say the least. You don't know the rules, how the league is built, the players, the defense. And yet you throw around the "Anthony Parker 2x MVP" joke like you know shit :wtf:

The lockout has had a purpose for me atleast, exposing the ignorance and arrogance of NBA fans and what they know about the outside world of basketball. My god. :facepalm

That's what happens when you talk so much nonsense over a longer period of time, people will stop listening.

What if I told you that "Euroleague" not too long ago said that the reason black people in the US are more athletic than other people in the US is because they eat more chicken which is filled with roids, injectected testosterone or whatever it was.
Would you find a person who said stuff like this with a straight face credible at all?

chips93
07-11-2011, 10:05 AM
The answer is no, but oh boy. You are opening a can of worms. :oldlol:

Lakas is going to post a massive rant now on how the referees at the Olympics were systematically ignoring team USA traveling violations and calling the entire game in favor of the US.

thankfully i have euroleague on ignore.

pegasus
07-11-2011, 10:45 AM
After Utah and New Jersey, his family will love Istanbul. It's a great city. I think playing overseas would be a good way for him to find his groove back after the wrist injury. I'm cool with it as long as he comes back whenever the lockout is over.

Hittin_Shots
07-11-2011, 11:11 AM
That's what happens when you talk so much nonsense over a longer period of time, people will stop listening.

What if I told you that "Euroleague" not too long ago said that the reason black people in the US are more athletic than other people in the US is because they eat more chicken which is filled with roids, injectected testosterone or whatever it was.
Would you find a person who said stuff like this with a straight face credible at all?

I thought that just gave them bigger breasts?

rodman91
07-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Good for him & family. Istanbul is heaven for foreign players.

Euroleague
07-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Deron played against a top 8 euroleague team last year and dominated as expected.16 points on 5/8 fgs ,5 assists in 24 minutes against Real Madrid.I watched the game and it was more dominant performace than what the boxscore showed.He was drivin and dishing at will,noone could stay in front of him.

Seriously it's an insult to common sense to suggest that arguably the best point guard in the world,the player with the most 20-20 performances in last years, can not win the euroleague mvp award if given the proper time to adjust (1-2 months) and a relatively strong roster around him.

That was under mixed NBA rules, not Euroleague rules. And Sergio Llull (who was mainly guarding him in that game) is the worst defender at guard in the Euroleague. Even Jasikevicius is better than him on defense.

Euroleague
07-11-2011, 03:11 PM
so basically, as long as deron is careful with his feet, so he doesnt travel, and is a little more careful with palming, he'll be the best player in europe.

how come none none of these things slowed him down in the olympics?

They don't call travels on Team USA at the Olympics. Maybe 1 out of 20.

They enforce the rules in Euroleague.

Euroleague
07-11-2011, 03:13 PM

Moving screens are legal in Euroleague. Why would they call fouls when it is legal?

Euroleague
07-11-2011, 03:15 PM

Yes. The Olympic refs will NOT enforce travel rules on Team USA. Neither will the FIBA refs at the World Championship. They might call 1 out of 20 travels on Team USA, versus how the NBA might call 1 out of 1,000.

The ULEB refs (Euroleague/Eurocup) will enforce the travel rules. 2 out of 3 travels, at least, will be called.

Euroleague
07-11-2011, 03:16 PM
no it's the same rules.

The Olympic refs do NOT enforce those traveling rules against Team USA. So, no, it is NOT the same at all. Not even remotely.

LJJ
07-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Moving screens are legal in Euroleague. Why would they call fouls when it is legal?

Lol no.

And I've actually played ball in Europe and don't live in Arkansas.

Euroleague
07-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Lol no.

Moving screens are perfectly legal in Euroleague.

LJJ
07-11-2011, 03:31 PM

http://i52.tinypic.com/153wnk7.jpg

Now shut up you fukcing inbred Arkansas piece of shit.

niko
07-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Wow you know nothing about fundamental basketball. You can say they are lax on calling moving screens but clearly they are illegal, it would be like rugby if they were not. You'd have lead blockers.

Euroleague
07-11-2011, 03:37 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/153wnk7.jpg

Now shut up you fukcing inbred Arkansas piece of shit.

Moving screens are legal in Euroleague. The Euroleague has nothing to do with FIBA.

niko
07-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Moving screens are legal in Euroleague. The Euroleague has nothing to do with FIBA, genius.
You can't have a game of basketball if moving screens are all perfectly legal. It would be a scrum. Think about it for a second.

Euroleague
07-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Wow you know nothing about fundamental basketball. You can say they are lax on calling moving screens but clearly they are illegal, it would be like rugby if they were not. You'd have lead blockers.

The Euroleague has never considered a moving screen to be illegal. Ever since it started 10 years ago this has been the case.

Like I have said over and over, the Euroleague is way more physical than the NBA is.

Euroleague
07-11-2011, 03:41 PM
You can't have a game of basketball if moving screens are all perfectly legal. It would be a scrum. Think about it for a second.

Like I said, you have never seen a Euroleague game. Moving screens are legal, and perfectly common place in every Euroleague game. It is a much more physical league than the NBA is.

niko
07-11-2011, 03:41 PM
The Euroleague has never considered a moving screen to be illegal. Ever since it started 10 years ago this has been the case.

Like I have said over and over, the Euroleague is way more physical than the NBA is.
it would be football, not basketball. You've never played ball have you. Again, you might say they are lax calling it but saying they are legal is stupid. It's just illogical.

Euroleague
07-11-2011, 03:42 PM
it would be football, not basketball. You've never played ball have you. Again, you might say they are lax calling it but saying they are legal is stupid. It's just illogical.

Once again, they are legal in the Euroleague and every single game has them. The rules of enforcement dictate that they are legal in Euroleague.

Just like the rules of enforcement do not allow them in NBA, or that the rules of enforcement in FIBA allow Team USA to travel, but not the other teams.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-11-2011, 03:43 PM
So what makes FIBA different than Euroleague in terms of rules?

New game rules for the 2010-11 season

VIDEO: BC Khimki coach Sergio Scariolo analyzes new rules
Beginning with the 2010-11 Turkish Airlines Euroleague Qualifying Rounds on Tuesday, Euroleague Basketball joins the international basketball community in observing and instituting several important new rules. The changes to the Official Basketball Rules were originally voted on by the FIBA Central Board in April 2008, with most targeted to take effect now, following the 2010 World Championships. The changes are meant to move basketball closer to a single set of rules governing how the game is played everywhere in the world. Among the major changes being enacted, three-point shots will be longer and the trapezoid-shaped zone between the free throw line and the basket will become rectangular.

The new three-point arc is situated 6.75 meters away from the basket, one-half meter further away than the 6.25-meter line that has been in use until now in Euroleague Basketball competitions. (The three-point shot distance will be shorter in the corners to accomodate a minimum separation space of .90 meters from the sideline). Another new marking on the playing surface indicates throw-in areas on the sidelines, from where a team may inbound the ball following a timeout in the last two minutes of a game or in an overtime period. Another feature of the rule changes, no-charge semicircles under each basket, were implemented by Euroleague Basketball previously.

Another new rule states that on non-shooting fouls or violations by a defensive team that is not yet in the foul bonus, and when the attacking team has already crossed the halfcourt line, the 24-second clock will not be reset to 24 seconds. Rather, if 14 or more seconds remain, the clock will not be adjusted. If 13 or fewer seconds remain, the clock will be reset to 14 seconds.

OFFICIAL BASKETBALL RULES 2010:

Art. 2.2.3 Free-throw lines and restricted areas

The restricted areas shall be the floor rectangle areas marked on the playing court.

The restricted (three-second) area shall be a rectangle (not anymore a trapezoid) as per Diagram 1 below.

Art. 2.2.4 Three-point field goal area

The distance of the three-point line shall be 6.75 m (and not 6.25 m as present).

Art. 2.2.6 Throw-in side lines

The two (2) small lines shall be marked outside the court, on the opposite side of the scorer's table and the team bench areas, with the outer edge at the distance of 8,325 m from the inside edge of the end lines; in other words, level to the top of the three-point line.

During the last two (2) minutes of the game and of the extra period, following the time-out granted to the team that has been entitled to the possession of the ball from its backcourt, the subsequent throw-in will be taken on the opposite side of the scorer's table from the "throw-in side line" and not as presently from the centre line extended.

Art. 2.2.7 No-charge semicircles

The no-charge semicircles shall be marked on the playing court, under the baskets. The distance of the inner edge of the semicircles shall be 1,25 m from the centre of the basket (on the floor).

A charging (offensive) foul should never be called if the contact by the offensive player is with the defensive player standing within the no-charge semicircle.

Art. 29 Twenty-four seconds

If the throw-in is to be administered in the backcourt, if required by the respective rules, the 24 second device shall be reset to 24 seconds.

If the throw-in is to be administered in the frontcourt, if required by the respective rules, the 24-second device shall be reset as follows:

- If 14 seconds or more are displayed on the 24-second device at the time the game was stopped, the 24-second device shall not be reset and shall remain the same.

- If 13 seconds or less are displayed on the 24-second device at the time the game was stopped, the 24-second device shall be reset to 14 seconds.

For a clearer visualization of the first four changes above, please refer to the Diagram 1.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-11-2011, 03:46 PM
http://www.euroleague.net/features/voices/2010-2011/flavio-tranquillo/i/83731/5281/battle-of-wills

the very same Batista was called for an offensive foul caused by a moving screen 10 meters from the basket.

I guess this is a different Euroleague? **shrugs shoulders**

Euroleague
07-11-2011, 03:46 PM
The Euroleague is NOT FIBA. That is what makes it different. Anyone saying that moving screens are illegal in Euroleague has proven here that they have never in their entire life ever seen a single Euroleague game.

niko has regularly said in this forum that he watches Euroleague games, but he proves here that he has not. Because if he had seen even one Euroleague game, he would know that the refs will not call you for a moving screen.

Will they call it in a FIBA tournament? Not always, but usually. They will not call it in a Euroleague game and never has it been called as long as I can remember since the league formed.

niko
07-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Once again, they are legal in the Euroleague and every single game has them. The rules of enforcement dictate that they are legal in Euroleague.

Just like the rules of enforcement do not allow them in NBA, or that the rules of enforcement in FIBA allow Team USA to travel, but not the other teams.
We are not talking about team usa and your fantasy of olympic cheating. Do that on your own time. We are talking about moving screens. You are full of shit if you say they are legal in the rule book. They definitely have to call some moving screens, if not there would be no flow, it would not be physical, it would be a scrum. I always knew you were making shit up but i never realized before you weren't someone who ever played. You're a stat nerd. I'm ashamed to have spoke to you so much.

Euroleague
07-11-2011, 03:48 PM
http://www.euroleague.net/features/voices/2010-2011/flavio-tranquillo/i/83731/5281/battle-of-wills

You obviously don't understand what is being talked about here. A "moving screen" in NBA or FIBA is not the same as a "moving screen" in Euroleague. I am going to start placing people on ignore if they keep arguing about something that is such common basic basketball knowledge and such known basic basketball fact.

niko
07-11-2011, 03:49 PM
The Euroleague is NOT FIBA. That is what makes it different. Anyone saying that moving screens are illegal in Euroleague has proven here that they have never in their entire life ever seen a single Euroleague game.

niko has regularly said in this forum that he watches Euroleague games, but he proves here that he has not. Because if he had seen even one Euroleague game, he would know that the refs will not call you for a moving screen.

Will they call it in a FIBA tournament? Not always, but usually. They will not call it in a Euroleague game and never has it been called as long as I can remember since the league formed.

i've seen them, i do not regularly watch them and i'm sure i've never said that, because i haven't. i kind of recall asking maga lots of questions in a thread that you kept derailing. As always, i ask that you do not confuse me with others you argue with.

LJJ
07-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Moving screens are legal in Euroleague. The Euroleague has nothing to do with FIBA.

Euroleague uses FIBA rules. The only difference is that they still use the older FIBA rules, not the newest FIBA rules.

But moving screens have been illegal forever.

Euroleague
07-11-2011, 03:51 PM
We are not talking about team usa and your fantasy of olympic cheating. Do that on your own time. We are talking about moving screens. You are full of shit if you say they are legal in the rule book. They definitely have to call some moving screens, if not there would be no flow, it would not be physical, it would be a scrum. I always knew you were making shit up but i never realized before you weren't someone who ever played. You're a stat nerd. I'm ashamed to have spoke to you so much.

Ignore list.

niko

he's a retard. if they never called a moving screen everyone would just send screeners and dribble drive all day. There would be massive collisions all over and it would quickly turn into a rugby game. It's a ludicrous concept. I've seen games where they are lax (remember the D'Antoni run and gun suns? They did illegal screens all the time. But they were subtle. No game/league allows moving screens).

Locked_Up_Tonight
You obviously don't understand what is being talked about here.

So the Euroleague website recaps a game between two Euroleague teams.... and says that a player got called for a moving screen....

Btw, I didn't translate anything, the site was already in English.

niko
Ignore list.
i'm already on. im beginning to think it's not a real list.

Euroleague
07-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Euroleague uses FIBA rules. The only difference is that they still use the older FIBA rules, not the newest FIBA rules.

But moving screens have been illegal forever.

Wrong, on both accounts.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-11-2011, 03:53 PM
So what was wrong with the Euroleague website Lakas?

Euroleague
07-11-2011, 03:53 PM
So the Euroleague website recaps a game between two Euroleague teams.... and says that a player got called for a moving screen....

Btw, I didn't translate anything, the site was already in English.

I have explained it numerous times, and anyone that watches Euroleague knows it is true.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-11-2011, 03:54 PM
I have explained it numerous times, and anyone that watches Euroleague knows it is true.

Well, I don't read every bit of sh*t you write on message boards, so just just go ahead and explain it to this simpleton again.

Jon_Koncak
07-11-2011, 04:00 PM
He just can't admit that FIBA and euroleague refs are lax in enforcing particular rules so he comes up with this ridiculous excuse that movin screens are legal.He wants to present this league where every single thing is called by the book and refs are like freakin programmed robots not missing anythin.it's laughable and far from reality.Euroleague refs are as bad,even worse than NBA ones

Euroleague
07-11-2011, 04:05 PM
He just can't admit that FIBA and euroleague refs are lax in enforcing particular rules so he comes up with this ridiculous excuse that movin screens are legal.He wants to present this league where every single thing is called by the book and refs are like freakin programmed robots not missing anythin.it's laughable and far from reality.Euroleague refs are as bad,even worse than NBA ones

You know that this is not true.

tommy3
07-11-2011, 09:02 PM
You know that this is not true.
You know that it IS true. NBA refs are vastly over criticized, while nobody even talks about Euroleague refs and the shitloads of mistakes they consistently make.

niko
07-11-2011, 09:04 PM
What is true is NBA games have better food. Euroleague hot dogs suck. They make them from real dog heated over a fire. YUCK.

rezznor
07-11-2011, 11:08 PM
You obviously don't understand what is being talked about here. A "moving screen" in NBA or FIBA is not the same as a "moving screen" in Euroleague. I am going to start placing people on ignore if they keep arguing about something that is such common basic basketball knowledge and such known basic basketball fact.

it's hilarious how this guy threatens to place people on his ignore list. as if anyone gives a fvck.

and oh yeah...

http://x58.xanga.com/7f7f631424431277561324/w221111163.gif

niko
07-12-2011, 07:42 AM
it's hilarious how this guy threatens to place people on his ignore list. as if anyone gives a fvck.

and oh yeah...

http://x58.xanga.com/7f7f631424431277561324/w221111163.gif
i'm on twice. i'm beginning to think it does not really exist.

Hittin_Shots
07-12-2011, 09:42 AM
This thread tells me Euroleague = Moron

Hittin_Shots
07-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Is this Euroleague?

http://www.in-the-game.org/?p=12051

Luka27
07-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Euroleague I have one question for you. Name me 10 players that will play in euroleague and are better then Deron? I am just curious,

niko
07-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Euroleague I have one question for you. Name me 10 players that will play in euroleague and are better then Deron? I am just curious,
Everyone is. Lakas will take seven months to finish the list.

TennesseeFan
07-13-2011, 04:11 AM
60/10/20

Euroleague
07-13-2011, 07:32 PM

Once again, Derom Williams will NOT play in Euroleague. His team is NOT in that league.

Hittin_Shots
07-14-2011, 02:45 AM
Why no response to me Euroleague?

insidehoops
07-16-2011, 07:24 AM
The actual official signing just took place yesterday:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8010

bluechox2
07-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Deron Williams: Just made it official, headed to Turkey ...signed with Beşiktaş & @BJK_Basketbol http://t.co/vY4n9Wi Twitter

lets see how long he stays

Theoo's Daddy
07-16-2011, 11:45 AM
damn.. this is going to get interesting..

knickscity
07-16-2011, 12:48 PM
if the other stars don't do it as well, it won't help the cause.

MeLO MvP 15
07-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Hopefully the lockout is resolved before we miss any games so we won't even see him play there. But if it's not, I would want to see a game or two of Dwill in Turkey.

bluechox2
07-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Hopefully the lockout is resolved before we miss any games so we won't even see him play there. But if it's not, I would want to see a game or two of Dwill in Turkey.

yea it wud be nice to see some high quality basketball at least

Blue&Orange
07-16-2011, 02:51 PM
Any word about the date of his debut?

Nets fan 93
07-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Good luck D-will. Hopefully he doesn't get injured.

kNIOKAS
07-16-2011, 04:22 PM
so essentially you're saying you don't want it to happen, but if it does - then you want it to happen.
such a bandwagoner you are.

niko
07-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Good luck D-will. Hopefully he doesn't get injured.
Don't you know you can get injured shaving in the mirror or walking on stairs or eating pizza the same % as playing in real games? Such is what i was told when i said "the nets don't want him to do this, what if he gets hurts"

tpols
07-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Don't you know you can get injured shaving in the mirror or walking on stairs or eating pizza the same % as playing in real games? Such is what i was told when i said "the nets don't want him to do this, what if he gets hurts"
:roll:

All Net
07-16-2011, 06:29 PM
When does their season start?